Frontier Internet Logo

Frontier Internet

3.9

Barbara GRANT Newbury Park, CA

Having horrible experiences with Frontier. Used to be FIOS - they were very responsive. After change to Frontier we called to order new multi-room DVRs. Couldn't find our account for the first 4 weeks while the conversion was happening. When they finally found it in week 4, the rep was very obtuse and confused about my account info (they had the wrong phone number on it). At the end of the call, the rep told me he needed my FULL SS# and DOB to process the order. WHAT IS THIS NONSENSE?? NO ONE should be asking for this info. He refused to process the order without my giving him the info. I gave it reluctantly and under protest, and he gave me his name and told me there was no supervisor to speak to. A week ago, I called because I had a question about my new bill, and they again couldn't find my account (still had the wrong phone number). I had to give them my name and address and they finally found it. The bill amount was incorrect as it turned out. He apologized that they had needed my FULL SS# to process the order, and I told them that if that was their standard procedure, I wanted OUT of the relationship now. He said that was only required on the first service upgrade call. We'll see. When I asked about what Frontier would do for all my inconvenience, the rep said he was sorry. I asked for at least a $25 credit to the account for all the time i was having to waste, and he said it would be applied on my next bill. I should have asked for a whole month free! My order date for install is today, and the "window" they gave me was from 8 AM - 5 PM. It's now 3 PM and there is no sign of an installer and no one is calling me to tell me when they are coming. I've been home all day. I called to find out what the status was and the lines were so garbled, I had to call 2x and got disconnected both times. No one has called me back. This is outrageous. I had renewed my 2 year contract with FIOS in Feb. 2016 but would have NEVER done it if I had known that Frontier was taking over. At this point, we are frustrated and have spent over 2 hours on the phone with several people trying to get answers, service and help. My advice is to sever your relationship with Frontier ASAP. and to advise others to do the same.

cibolariverman Huntington Beach, CA

Horrible California change over! I literally spent almost 2 hours on hold a week or so, 3 different calls and then finally, so I thought, was being transferred to the correct department......poof I was disconnected. Terrible! The first 2 calls the service personnel I could just barely understand, I truly tried, but obviously English was not their first language. Every statement was "canned and planned" there was no intelligent interaction, forcing me to repeat myself, slowly over and over. The members were clueless. Incredibly frustrating, then disconnecting me, really? and I was being very polite and nice, for I assumed no calls they were getting were pleasant? I did try to ask them where I was calling, and obviously they have been instructed to avoid this answer. I literally had to ask, after receiving ridiculous answers to my very clear questions. "So you are in a chair, correct? That chair is in an office, correct? Where would that chair & office be located, if you looked at Google maps?" Finally, after literally 5 minutes of trying to find out where my calls were going the last guy stated, "The Philippines." I really don't care and tried to interact with him, and finally he promised he would get me to the correct person, poof he put me on hold, actually came back 3 times to apologize, wonderful young man BTW and then after 18 minutes on hold, click, a busy signal and I was disconnected. Just wasted 1 hour and 54 minutes trying to get answers. Now my Fios TV is terrible, and worse, what was blazing fast internet has slowed so badly, my three desktop computers and multiple mobile devices run like the 90's speed. So I again tried to call and same thing, clueless representatives, long, long wait times to no resolve, nothing. Then I get a bill for over $500 dollars, stating my past debit, but no detail, no breakdown and....I tried to call again, with this huge bill containing charges for May. This time endless recordings stating, "Due to a large call volume......" Terrible, but I waited on speaker phone for over an hour this past Friday, afternoon, and eventually just hanging up. Then just now I get a huge bill from Verizon, trying to collect what Frontier just sent me too! Holly cow, were talking absolute stupidity and a complete lack of internal communication, no wonder they cant properly take care of their client base, they are clueless internally. Now today, if it could be worse, my internet speed on the hardwired systems, only now trying to use one, is so bad, I keep getting error messages and loading issues, with GMail usage. Really, almost 3 minutes for the UPS tracking site to load from an email link? Very frustrating, for FOIS used to be smoking fast, me being previously at 50/50, seeing how fast it really was and downgrading to 20/20. Still true speed, faster than my offices system and all cable. Fiber optic super line, now, its almost as bad as my neighbors older direct TV connection. What a shame. Horrible customer service, clueless representatives, long hold times, huge unexplained invoices and here I am, forced to vent on this site. I truly want to stay with the fiber optic system, or should I say how it was, but teamed with horrific customer service, terrible TV service, my phone list of 87 previous "blocked solicitor" numbers being deleted, only now to be pounded by them calling again, the internet speed and a snail speed........terrible! This should be a crime. Verizon FIOS used to be incredible, Frontier has destroyed this. There is no excuse for not being ready for a merger like this, none! Sadly, my entire block is looking to switch. The neighborhood has Time Warner vans and other services driving everywhere. I see it as sad and funny, how could a company blow something so badly? Destroying awesome services, so quickly and without and guidance, help or communication with their subscribers. Is this "acceptable loss" for Frontier? As with all business mergers and of takeovers, there is an expected loss, but really, entire neighborhoods? What a huge fail!

Mallory

Frontier Intrenet is an honest and trustworthy service provider to have. The have wonderful customer service and exceptional communication. We highly recommend to anyone shopping around.

Terri Bullhead City, AZ

Excellent service, I've had frontier for over 16 yrs., I live in rural town & have very little issues with there service. All in all the only one that doesn't drop or lose service.

Sirdriz77 Fairfield, CT

I switched to frontier after getting fed up worn my local cable provider. The TV part of the package was great but the internet was not what was promised. I was very clear when switching that I was looking for fiber optic high speed internet needed for my husbands work, and I was told that was what I was getting. After the installation was complete and I was having issues with the upload speed it was confirmed that fiber optic wasn’t available in my area and they had installed DSL. I unfortunately ended up having to switch back to cable.

Darryl Shelmire Long Beach, CA

I've had frontier internet for over 3 years now, the speeds are fast with the 500 down and 500 up package. There are a few things that I didn't like though.. 1) when you use your own router they still charge a $10 router rental fee. 2) after your contract is up you can't sign up for the newest promotion.

DJMikeBizaar Music Keller, TX

I am currently a company of Frontier communications and I have had little to no issues with the internet itself. Its been up and consistent and support and customer service is decent. The only reason they got 4 of 5 stars was due to the times I have had to replace their equipment, 3 years, 4 routers is a bit much

Ben Crisp Temecula, CA

We used to have Verizon Fios until it got bought out by Frontier. We were please with it then, and we are still very pleased now. The internet quality is amazing, we rarely have issues and the issues we do have are resolved quickly every time.

Dakota Bellinger CA

The only reason anyone I know has frontier Internet is their total monopoly in this are, and that's changing with satellite Internet. Their speeds are slow, they are unbelievably unreliable, and their service is abhorrent.

Rohan Singh San Diego, CA

Frontier increased my bill. I canceled but then I had to pay $50 to return their old equipment. Also, I canceled on May 10th but I still had to pay for the entire month of May. If you have the option do not use them as your provider.

John Roye Dallas, TX

Two outages this week lasting for most of two days has destroyed my work from home. Frontier has terrible reliability. Worst I have ever had! Too cheap to design enough servers to keep up with demand. You will not be the first or last company that failed because you grew too fast screwing your customers

Jodie Weiler Philadelphia, PA

I called June 26th to get internet hook up the soonest they could come out was July 10. July 10th a technician came out and said they needed the bucket to reach the pole they would be out later that afternoon. They never showed so the 11th I called and was told they would be out that day, they never showed. When I called they tried making me take another appointment in a week! I said no they need to do their job when it says. I even answered their text saying they would be here. Then the customer service representative hung up on me. So much for the costumer being right.

T N Miami, FL

If you lose internet for 3 days… all they’ll do is give you a $5 credit. At least with AT&T, the technician came out the very next day. They increase your rates almost monthly and when you get tired of it and cancel, THATS when they try to win you back with a lower price (after disconnect). Then they go right back to hiking your prices a few dollars every month. If you work from home, there are definitely cheaper providers out there. All this is to say, I miss AT&T and how at least they offered a $50 credit when my internet went out for a day.

Max Wilder Lake Havasu City, AZ

If you want to chase your bill each month because they are always adding additional fees, you should sign with Frontier Internet. They cannot be trusted to sign up with auto billing. They constantly change your billing price calling it promotions have expired. They are stupid! They could keep customers by charging everyone the same price by speed requirements. The management team and marketing team should all be fired! No wonder they filed for bankruptcy.

Snake 1776 West Valley, NY

Twice now on 2 occasions I had technical issues with my connections. Both times I had an appointment and was given a 4 hour window when the technician would show up. Both times i waited more than the 4 hours, both times the technician NEVER showed up. My internet modem is working but has a red light on it and my download speed is much slower than the service I am paying for. I will be looking for another provider as soon as possible.

Michael Cole Miami, FL

Heads up neighbors, if you use Frontier, be ready to waste a couple hours of your time cancelling your account. They set up their system to get new customers in and taken care of quickly but if you want to cancel they make you spend hours. There is no workaround. They had decent service, but never again will they have my money. If you detest companies that make quitting services purposely painful, perhaps you should be aware of these tactics.

Larisa3366 Berkeley Springs, WV

I would give them no stars if possible. What they call high speed dsl is far slower than when all we had was dial-up. I can't stream on my high end gaming PC and go on the web at the same time, it slows down so much that it buffers and stops. I'm trying to download a game update of 60gb, it will take almost a week because the highest download speed is 5mbs.

Scott Parker Franklin, NC

Pay $70 a month for internet that doesn't exceed 6MB down per second, and that's during a speed test. During an actual download, I've never seen speeds above 750KB/s. Abhorrent customer service, directed straight to a person across the world, when they have an office in my town. Horribly unreliable, have had bouts of it going out incessantly for days on end on multiple occasion.

bill metzger Quincy, MA

Worst customer service I have ever experienced. Tried to sign up "on line", they say there is technical difficulties, call customer service. I called their customer service number three different times to sign up but they couldn't verify my credit worthiness. Each time I called it was like I never spoke with them before and had to give them all my information all over again. They still couldn't (wouldn't} verify my credit and required a $70 deposit to verify credit worthiness. NO way no how will I ever be a Frontier customer!

Arms Race Sarasota, FL

Do you miss dial-up internet? Then this is the company for you. I paid for 1,000 mb/s service but actually received 0.05 mb/s service. Don't worry the other advantage of their internet services is you get to "Netflix and chill" like in the old days before streaming. So bust out that dvd collection for your girl because you won't even make it to the homepage of any streaming site with their services.

Avenninyx Creations Atlanta, GA

Frontier is absolutely garbage. They have a geographic monopoly here and because they have no competition they won't fix their service! Our internet commonly goes out for nearly the whole day, on average it's out at least 5 hours a day if not more. We keep losing internet for about a week, it was two weeks of almost no internet about a month ago (and of course I was told they don't have the equipment to fix it but my family was still charged the full amount.) They finally sent a new router after my family having been asking for 2 years, they told us it would fix the problem. It didn't.

J. Garrett Lansing, MI

I had service with Frontier some years back and it was the absolute worst! Poor customer service. Poor quality internet. I just wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I had to call them multiple times to come bury the exposed lines in my yard. Took forever!

2 years ago Edited July 20, 2022

PETRISPLAQUE Largo, FL

I disconnected the service 3 days after their billing cycle. They do not do partial Billings, therefore: THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT 27 DAYS FOR SERVICES NOT PROVIDED IN AN INHABITED HOUSE. That speaks loudly of the policy of this company. Their excuse: the bills are prepared one month in advance! (I am glad they don’t do it one year in advance. READ REVIEWS! STAY AWAY

Dwayne Baker Munich, BY

i switch over from suddin link because they suck they lied about there data plan Frontier was even worse now its on its off ihave more down time then ever and still half to pay the bill just like every other company tell what you wont to here lie to your face then take it away its Greed that is running this country right know. just in the time to wright this internet went out twice!!!!

BDRJ Cerritos, CA

Pro: --Some of the nicest, friendliest, most customer service oriented people work for this company. Con: --Paying for 500/500 and rarely see 10%/5% of that--wired (running Google Nest wireless and when the bandwidth is good, the G. Next works great)(three users in house, 4 cameras connected). I would be extremely happy paying for 500/500 and getting 250/250 consistently. I used to see 500/500+ regularly during the off hours (late night)--now I don't even see it in the off hours. As soon as an alternative exists, I'm dumping Frontier!

Mark Nolot Fort Wayne, IN

Frontier is horrible to work with. If you are a small business do not use them at all costs. I have a Pri system with 15 lines pay over $1,000 per month have over $10,000 worth of equipment. You would think that when you call us the phone would ring. Nope, it is busy if we are on the phone it has been this way for close to 2 months now. With 14 other lines, it should rollover. Nope it does not so the thousands and thousands we are spending on advertising you can not get ahold of us. They do not care how much money they are costing us. We pay the bill every month have never been late but a

Anonymous , IL

Frontier is the absolute worst internet provider. They have terrible speeds and I get less than half of the download speeds I am supposed to get. Generally I get downloading speeds of around 500Kbs a second which is absolutely horrible. The internet goes out several times a day every single day of the week. It is ridiculous how bad this internet service is. They won’t ever do anything to fix it either because they are the only option where I live. If you have any other options definitely choose the one that is not frontier.

Steve Booth Andrews, NC

If I could rate the company a zero, I would. I called the company even times and spent hours attempting to get service. I got to the point where they said that they needed to send me equipment via UPS. They have no offices in any location closer than 400 miles away. I called and cancelled / closed the account. They charged me $27.77 for this. I paid so that I never have to deal with them again.

John Fuentes Plano, TX

Currently having issue. They have reset everything in my home with multiple tech and an onsite tech. Other neighbors having the same issue. FIOS tech onsite said not in home but FIOS doesnt agree. I am switching it goes from 0 to 200MB.

Rob Craig Port Jervis, NY

What a scam I signed up for service at 27.99 a month first bill came in at 37.99 plus 10.00 for router. It took them 6 weeks to get service working. I was told they would waive the 49.99 installation charge. On top of this I had 4 missed appointments with no call, text, email stating no one will be showing up. Do not use this service been total disappointment since day one. I will be writing this all over internet.

Paul Seabourne Bloomfield, CT

THE SERVICE IS A SHAME. IT FEEL AS IF THEY SPIT IN YOUR FACE EVERYDAY . NOMATTER WHAT PRICE U PAY NOMATTER WHAT PACKAGE YOU GET WITH THEM YOU NEVER SEEM TO HAVE STEADY SERVICE . EITHER THEY TELL YOU IT SEEMS LIKE SQUIRRELS GOT IN THR BOXES LOCATED IN BLOOMFIELD AND SOMEHOW SPLICED YOUR CONNECTION OR THEY JUST DONT ANSWER OR HANG UP ON YOU WHEN YOU ASK TO CANCEL THE SERVICE ... I HATE IT I WISH THERE WERE BETTER COMPANIES TO CHOOSE FROM

Tina Christakis

I have frontier for the past 5-6 years. I am happy with their service, and my speed is very fast. Employees are very professional.

D voll Los Angeles, CA

This company doesn’t even deserve a single star. What a joke! We signed on a few months ago and have had 7 major issues with our internet since then that has affected our work from home. The customer service is HORRIBLE, we got hung up on, placed on 3 hour holds and never apologized to when we really deserved a refund for all of the mistakes they made setting up our internet. We since discontinued our service and will tell all our friends and family to do the same.

Jv Azusa, CA

Been having issues with lagging internet as a gamer, had a online tournament due to the covid 19. I ran a Ethernet cable for better connection. Could not get a stable connection. I had to disqualify myself from the poor connection. Paying for 50/50 mbps at almost $200 a month. I took a pic of me only getting 3mbps down and 2mbps up. Tried shutting off and rebooting. Now only getting 15mbps down and 9mbps up. Done with this company.

PalmHarbor09 Lutz, FL

Terrible!! Constant service issues. It's rare to go 1 day without having the internet go down at least several times throughout the day. Normally it goes down several times an hour all day long. It doesn't stay down, just disconnects and causes the router to reboot. Customer service is a joke, always repeating the same things like reboot the router, move the router, everything looks good, the next available appointment for a tech is 2-3 WEEKS from now. Yes, it's cheaper than Spectrum but it's basically worthless! Save yourself the headache, go anywhere but here!

Carrie ,

This company is bonkers..Upgraded and now with in 2 days having to have tech come back out ( twice within a week of upgrade).You wonder why your company is failing..maybe you should fulfill what you offer..if this continues will be switching to media com. This is utter crap.And BILL ALWAYS PAID IN FULL NEVER LATE..THIS ISN T 1ST TIME EITHER ..NOW I HAVE A CHOICE I DON'T HAVE TO STAY WITH YOU.

Anh Trinh Garland, TX

I would rate zero. Worst service in every aspect. I have tried to cancel my service multiple times. Every time, I get left on hold for over an hour and the phone disconnect without any notice. I call back and they say to call back during office hours or I have to wait again and the same thing happens. My bill has been overcharged over twice in the one year I've been with them. DO NOT RECOMMEND

Patrick Kinser Plano, TX

Worst customer experience ever! After scheduling for upgrade I got numerous texts to confirm, which I did and still got other texts 4 in total. Appointment was today, took off work 8-12 and at 11:30 called was sent from dept to dept, spent over an hour on the phone, at the end, they said they were just sending me a new router, they would not even entertain anything for this most horrible inconvenience. Now I'm reading about bankruptcy, not a company I want to business with. No wonder they are failing.

Dennis Fett Fort Wayne, IN

Do I have to even give 1 star? My internet service sucks to say the best! I have been on the phone with these people over and over again about how slow my 100/100 mbps is. Customer service is always nice, tech support as well......but, nice doesn’t resolve the problems with these clowns! It really sucks that the pickings are slim - and they know this. I’d give anything for Verizon to come back! I guess I am luckier than some, I do have other options and I am quitting these clowns and going elsewhere!

Texasblack Barbie Bitchh , TX

The worst internet service that I ever experienced the first two months no service but I still had to pay 90 dollars bill next month 80 they only offer 5 off the bill for the ridiculous internet service the lights stay red especially when it’s after 5 pm . After having someone come out to fix it pretty same problem on and off you have to unplug it everyday

Jim Penterman Williams, CA

Service is often interrupted. Internet speed promised is on average 45% of plan sometimes being less than 10%.. Service men are friendly and appear they know what they are doing but indicated the system is in need of significant repair which has been forwarded to management with no actions taken. If there were any other options I would drop Frontier services in a heartbeat. If fact no service is better than poor, often interrupted service.

Ramon Ocampo Torrance, CA

BEWARE OF THIS COMPANY. STAY AWAY. They will cancel on your appointment without letting you know and will you’ll end up wasting your time. Don’t bother calling Customer Service , they are no help and unprofessional. Try talking to a manager nd thy either hang up or disconnect you. Try cancelling your cancelling your service, , they will take it , deactivate your cancellation later and continue charging you without you knowing about it until it’s too late.

Debi Great Cacapon, WV

Can't believe I'm actually about to do this, but I'm going to give a Frontier employee a good review. We have service in Great Cacapon West Virginia.Frontier has been a nightmare so far,but Jeff, the technician who came out on time, even early,did a very good job of fixing our internet.

L. Hatcher Mount Orab, OH

Internet went out and was told repair could be looked at in "2" weeks. Every day speed slows so much that everything freezes over and over. Finally shuts down! Calling for repair to get what we are paying for a laugh it's called a congested area. Paying for one thing and not being delivered! No frontier is not good! We are less than 100 feet from town yes 100 feet.

Daniel O. Hillsboro, OR

Terrible customer support. I was required to submit copies of my SSN and Passport since I don't have a credit history in the US yet (just moved here), something they call Positive ID. I sent the documentation, and they emailed me the Positive ID approval a few days later, but whenever I called them, they said the approval couldn't be found. Took the matter to Twitter, called a few times, no solution. Ended up cancelling my order. Going with xFinity instead.

Carol Girardey Brookfield, CT

This the worst company I have ever dealt with They owed us a credit for 162.01 because the newly installed internet service never worked right. They never credited us and when I called I was told that they did not owe it to us. There we no notes in their files I toldl them who I spoke with (Gina) and they did not acknowledge this either. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY They are crooked and one has no idea what the other is doing I was put through to five different departments. WORST COMPANY EVER ......

FLInternet User Land O' Lakes, FL

Awful is an understatement. I was told since they have "over-provisioned" their hardware the engineering "will get to it". Fast forward 8 months and not only the issue is not fixed (as in having 500/500 but getting 1/3 IF it is even connecting to the net) but they try to sell you even more services/products. Shame on Frontier for such deceptive business practices.

Jerome Merrill, WI

Frontier was here in August to diagnose a broken wire and was told it would be a month to 7 weeks to fix . We are now a the last of December and have no internet service. Just get the run around about getting the repair done. They do not service, just collect money and do not care if you have service or not. Problem is they are the only provider choice I have! I have been told a manger would be contacting me and getting the issue resolved. I have never received a call from anyone from Frontier. Do not get their product if you have another option!!!!

Eric Seisler Wilmington, OH

Equipment is unsupported junk from Netgear. Customer service, if you can even understand what they're saying, from India and is horrible. Advertised speeds are just that, advertised. Real world speeds are 75% or less. Supposedly the company is filing Ch. 11 in 2020, which will things worse. They've been sued multiple times over their services and advertising (Michigan AG & West Virginia AD come to mind) and have lost each time. This company makes GTE look good which is unbelievable.

Frustrated User Lake Station, IN

WORST service ever! If I could give this a zero star I would. Internet goes out at least once a week, often times more than that. I called and cancelled service and went with Xfinity and love having RELIABLE service once again. They wanted to charge me for breaking the contract of service I have for two years, but THEY broke the contract by not providing consant service which I was paying for. AVOID Frontier internet unless you want UNRELIABLE service.