Frontier Internet Logo

Frontier Internet

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

6.0

K.T. New Haven, CT

It took them over 30 days to get it right and set up my WiFi. The price changed several times with each customer service person I had. What should have been pages of explanations of the problems I was having. Instead, I got Customer service individuals that either didn't listen, lied or didn't feel like reading all that had been put in prior. I am so disgusted with the lack of quality service, dishonesty and rudeness I experienced. I am planning on visiting the CEO McCarthy in Norwalk Ct . In essence, if the Customer Service individuals could have set me up in 1 call. If they had been trained to pay attention to the person on the phone and listened rather than trying to assume things, they would have sent the tech to the right address (rather then trying to turn on service 3 different times in the place I was moving out of), and send the correct modem the first time ( rather then sending 2 modems that where the same as the one I already have, that doesn't with the wiring in my new residence .

Connor Gervin Glendale, OR

I would rate them lower If I could. Where to start... TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE: The customer service is almost non-existent. When you can get a person, they have NO idea what they are talking about. “Turn it off and back on again” is about as much tech help as you will get. I actually had someone tell me there was nothing more he could do to help me after that step. HORRID SERVICE: The actual service provided is laughable. Constant cut outs and slowdowns for no apparent reason. I used to blame our location, but after talking to other people in our town, it turns out that everyone was experiencing these issues. When I asked if I could pro-rate my bill, I was told no since there was no proof of service loss. CRIMINAL BUSINESS PRACTICES: This company can only be described as a predator. They target rural areas that have no other options for ISPs and create a monopoly over them. Complaints go unheard since they know we can’t leave for another company. My household pays for 10Mb/s (at ridiculous prices) but we are only given 3-6 Mb/s. CONCLUSION: DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS HORRIBLE COMPANY!!!! They don’t listen to complaints, refuse to fix their services, and mistreat their paying customers.

Levi Crawford Ravenel, SC

I have had appointments scheduled with this company on 6 different occasions. They give you a 4 hour arrival window. Every single time they never show and never call. They then mark your service ticket as completed. When you try to call back in you have to wait until their next available time, and on it goes. I normally don't write reviews, especially bad ones. This company has inspired me to share my story as to how terrible there service is, in my opinion. I am considering selling my newly built house because Frontier is my only option for phone and internet. I would lose money, but I still think it would be worth it. That is how bad, how angry this company makes me.

Walt Riverview, FL

Horrible experience, changed from Spectrum as I thought that I was getting slow speeds. Wow Frontier promises that I would get 200/200 and that's what I was paying for. I actually received between 30-40 mb, and when I called in June, July, August, September, October and now November 15 2019 ,they still refuse to take responsibility for the poor service, they tell you that they will send service to check problem then credit you after they check but then they either no show or just ignore you and your problem in hopes that you forget. Absolutely the worst Internet Service in the world. Buyer Beware!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they come to your door ask them how much are they going to pay you to use their crappy service then tell them to take a hike. As a builder I could never in good conscience refer any of my homeowners to Frontier and I will make sure anyone who will listen understands how bad they are. I have been on hold for a manager now for over an hour!!!!! That my friends is the point, they do not respect their customers!

Jed Frostproof, FL

I was a customer of Frontier for 15-20 years in Illinois. Their broadband quality was lousy, but where I lived it was my only real choice. In June 2019 I moved from Illinois to Florida in June 2019. I called and cancelled the service on June 6th. Later in June I received my regular monthly bill of around $46. I called and told them my account was cancelled. In July I received a bill for June and July. I called again. I kept getting a bill for $96.49. I didn't pay it because I had cancelled my account. Frontier turned it over to a collection agency. The collection agency told me it was an "Early Termination Fee". After 15 years they were charging an early termination fee. I never signed a contract especially one that lasted 10 or 15 years. I guess they know that anyone who leaves is not coming back so they want to get every nickel out of you that they can.

Sherrie A Davis

Internet constantly dropping out. They gave directly told me, they can see it's dropped out 100 times a day No one does anything to fix it! Call daily and they say they will escalate the issue and never do. They only thing they do is bill me full price every month. Everyone I speaks to "Understands" but does nothing to fix it. Bet those same employees wouldn't put up with the crappy service if it were them. My electricity goes out, guess what, I don't pay for it because I can't use it. Water main breaks and I have no water, guess what, I don't pay for it because I can't use it. Gas goes off, guess what, I don't pay for it because I can't use it. I go to the grocery store, I don't give them $200 and only get $100 worth of groceries. I get what I PAY for. That's what I expect from Frontier, my internet provider. I pay full price every month whether it's working or not, which most of the time it's not..... again no resolution on ANYONE'S behalf to fix the problem and give me the service I pay for!!!! It's crap!

William Ferguson Wilmington, OH

After service being down for 17 days- no fault of our own- Frontier gave us the run around for days about getting a credit. Finally someone submitted a credit for "approval" to the back room- We were told it would be applied in 7 days when approved. Still didn't receive it- so we were told it would be on the next billing cycle- that came and went. Now we are being told it would be credited after approval 30-90 days. This is unacceptable and ridiculous. We have checked every other day since Oct 1. I would never recommend this company to anyone. Can't wait for the new company installing FO! We are counting down the days to dump Frontier.

Anon Los Angeles, CA

Real rating should be a zero. Terrible company with archaic business practices. Even if you have your own modem they will still charge you $10 monthly fee for diagnostic purposes, and even if it's a modem that they would provide to you. Greediness is killing this company, all you have do to is read the news. Also if you sign up for new service, they say installation fee is mandatory even if you had the service recently before and all wires and connections are pre-existing. Also, don't bother with their ghetto customer service who only follow a script. Save your time and frustation and settle for another company (although all of them pretty much suck, but frontier takes the cake).

Lisa P Williamsville, IL

Called on 10/13/2019 to setup appt to have my internet upgraded and my landline phone service changed. Frontier scheduled the appointment at my home on 10/25 between 10am - 2pm. I receive an email AND text message with my order # and day and time schedule for confirmation. Well 2pm comes and no tech shows up. I call and after being transferred 3 times and 23 min later, they tell me the appointment has been changed to 11/15. I took off work on 10/25. I received no call, no text or no email of a change in dates for the service visit. Finally get transferred to someone who tells me they are working on my internet change but the service appt to my home was changed to 11/15. Not cool Frontier. If I had any other choice for service I would switch but unfortunately I do not. They moved up my appt to 10/30. Don't have high hopes of this happening but will see. I now see why there are so many bad reviews for Frontier Communications. HORRIBLE SERVICE.

Kelly Clifford, MI

So many. Received no info on how to retrieve VM on landline. Took 3reps to finally obtain my messages. Also asked to have VM removed as I did not ask for or want it and received an additional internet DSL box with a charge. How this occurred is unknown. Have been without landline and internet service since 10/8. Box outside of house is dead. Tech failed to show. Now awaiting 2 additional days for a tech. Spent over an hour on phone. First CSR put me on hold, then disconnected call. Such a waste of time, money. Not many internet choices available in rural USA. My patience with this company is less than zero.

Susan Johnson McMinnville, OR

I had Frontier at my old home in Oregon. Received the bill and they charged me $9.99 to disconnect my service. They wouldn't let me transfer my account with them to my new place in a different state so I had to set up a new one. They told me $75 set up charge and $39/month. I received my bill and there was an extra setup charge of $9.99 they didn't tell me about and the monthly bill was actually $43.98 not $39.00 . When I called to complain and speak to a supervisor I was told there is nothing they can do about it and there was not one higher up the line I could talk to. Don't use these guys. They are criminal. We need to take a stand with companies like these.

Briauna Williams Dallas, TX

Well long story short I had nothing but awful experiences with them since my initial contact they have failed to appear at any of my 3 installation dates , I called to set up service 3 times not once did they contact me stating additional information was needed or that a tech to set up service wouldn’t be coming. Each time I called I was on hold upto 1 hour in total and one call was more. They wasted my time each time saying I should be home between 1pm and 5pm. Just awful dont even give yourself the headache with this inconsiderate company they just want your money and lack in customer service!!!!!

Brian Snohomish, WA

I have a Frontier utility pole on my property that I first requested to be removed in July 2019. The first service ticket produced a crew that removed one of their two lines, and left. Four service tickets, countless phone calls, and three months later, they refuse to do anything. The customer and technical support departments are adamant that the other department is the one to help, resulting in a black hole of transfers. Requesting to speak to a supervisor resulted in speaking with two agents at the same time, with the same result. I can't cut the pole down myself because it is connected to the pole at the street, but Frontier refuses to disconnect it. Frontier service is an oxymoron, and I hope you can have WAVE service at your location instead.

Pamela Collins Weaverville, NC

If I could I would give them no stars. It is a waste of money. When they bought out Verizon many years ago we were told that they were going to upgrade the service. We kept them for many years because of our land line. I had elderly parents and needed to keep the same number. We had several service calls where we were told we could get better than 1-2G service. Once the service tech came they said we couldn’t get better service. I cancelled service a month ago. I called again when I got a bill. It is still showing I owe over $200. Apparently the 80 percent of customers agree which apparently it makes no difference to them.

Christian Scott East Earl, PA

My Fiance and I waited three weeks for someone to install internet service for our home. The day of I called at twelve in the afternoon to make sure that they were still coming, my fiance took off work so she could be home when he came to install it.....5:30pm rolled around and my fiance called to make sure they were still coming, they said he was on his way, I get a text asking to confirm the appointment so I did....7:00pm comes and he hasn't shown up yet. I call them again and this time they said that he never came because I called and canceled (COMPLETE CRAP) they then gave away my slot to someone else and I would have had to wait another three weeks for service. 10/10 Do NOT recommend

DONALD Durham, NC

Bonded DSL service is the fastest (I almost said best LOL) I can get in Durham, NC. FIOS is only an option in a very small area. I suspect there is a high correlation between high-tech/high-tech start ups and FIOS availability. Customer support is not hit and miss, it's just miss. The people are nice enough but every time I call with an issue, they want to install a new modem/router. I don't think they understand that a user would want to change the password on the Frontier supplied modem/router to a password that Frontier doesn't know. DHCP is all that's available for residential customers (no static IP addresses). The IP address range they use covers an area from the center of NC (Durham) to the mountains of NC (Asheville-ish). As a result geo-location is often incorrect with my location pegged as the mountains - 200-300 miles from my actual location. This isn't a too much of a problem when the big box home improvement store website thinks I'm 250 miles away from my actual location. It is a problem when local tv stations on my roku switch from Raleigh-Durham to Asheville-Spartanburg-Greenville, SC. Frontier's solution to the geo-location issue is for me to turn the modem/router off and on so it is assigned a new IP address that may or may not be closer to my actual location. As of September 2019, the issue has become more frequent with multiple resets to get close to reality geo-location. The maximum (so far) is eleven resets.

Ryan Canandaigua, NY

My experience like 67% of all other 1 star reviews, on all the websites pretty much says it all. Terrible service, constantly dropping, constantly having to call in and trouble shoot, have tech's out to our residence, ect. THEN TO TOP IT ALL OFF, when i finally moved and was able to have a different internet provided to our new residence, i finally canceled the service, only to get billed for an entire month i never used WHEN I MADE SURE when i spoke with the rep when i canceled it, that there were going to be no other charges following that day. I call in and speak with 3 reps, 1 of them being a supervisor to literally stick the $55 charge to me, when in reality it wasn't about the money, it was ABOUT THE PRINCIPLE OF IT ALL.

Peggy Fort Wayne, IN

CONSUMER ALERT - DO NOT TRUST FRONTIER. THEY WILL KEEP YOUR MONEY, AND NOT ISSUE A REFUND. Here's the deal, I'll keep it short and simple...I ordered service to be installed on Saturday. The tech never called or showed. I called to get a refund. I was told 3-5 business days. 8 days later, still no refund. Here's the interesting part, I went to BBB website. Frontier's customer service and services in general are so bad, an alert pops up, forewarning you of Frontier's lack of response. Wow, just wow. When the BBB has to alert consumers to basically not expect a response, much less a resolution, don't count on it basically. I spent almost an hour on hold when I used the option for an existing customer, but my call was answered within 5 minutes as a new customer. Frontier's business practices are interesting. They have absolutely no regard for customer satisfaction, keep customers money they're not entitled to, the list of unhappy customers is endless. Thankfully many people have been able to get a different service provider. At least Comcast has ethics, and proper business practices. I put in a dispute on my card to get my money back. GUARANTEED, they will rip you off eventually, if they haven't already.

David

They installed their 200Mbps fiber service and it's either been not connecting to the Internet downstream - blocked by their own provisioning - which they don't even understand by their own admission - or it connects, but good luck trying to stream a movie. I get errors and packet resets periodically on all devices. Netflix doesn't happen in other words. Frontier has bad routing/firewalling through their own equipment, support personnel that aren't trained well enough (one didn't know what a WAN IP was), and silly amounts of time between fixes (wait 2 weeks for fixing while paying). Nothing will save this company from themselves. They are the true definition of a S-Show ... save yourself the pain and get dialup even before paying for this crap.

Matthew Lykins Lewisburg, OH

Frontier Communication offers terrible service but worse customer service. My internet quit working, earliest date for tech was a month away. Was advised to call back, and they should be able to escalate my problem to get a quicker response. After making no less than 10 calls to frontier, I was informed each time that I would receive a call back within 24-48 hrs from a supervisor or account manager. In the month without internet, I never received a call from Frontier. Was actually placed into CODE BLUE status which is suppose to mean I was assigned an account manager. CODE BLUE , apparently means nothing as no one never called me. Called Office of the President which is the complaint line. Still just an apology, and nothing more . Also I only get about .85 Mbps download speed, apparently that is within limits.

Penny Bedford, IN

Frontier promised me that I would always pay $34.99 excluding taxes and three years later I'm paying $48.98! New customers are paying $27.99 for 6 mbps! The service I have, is 4.8 download mbps and it should be 6. I spoke with a very honest Frontier technician and he told me that I am paying for a phone and 25 mbps and he told me to definitely contact Frontier customer service, I did and that man hung up on me! I live alone, I'm 61, live below the poverty line, I have no phone through Frontier and I cannot afford this anymore, thus, my service will be shut off in September. If you are having the same complaint as me, file a complaint with the FCC and THE FEDERAL TRADE COMMISSION and the BETTER BUSINESS BUREAU...IT'S EASY!

Ink Stained Roni Albion, IN

If I could rate it a 0 I would!! We live in a rural area and Frontier is the major provider. They know they have a monopoly and the service reflects it. We pay 55.00 a month for service that is as slow or slower than dial up. They don't care, I even had a tech tell me that, "This ain't your daddy's Oldsmobile" I suppose he thought it was funny but my dh told me to ask him why we are paying for a Cadillac then? You can't talk to anyone in this country when you call for a service call - you talk to someone in India that is reading from a script...that is after you wait 30-60+ minutes on hold. My speeds for the last week have been: 1.67 download/.10 upload; .31/.03; .52/.00; .64/.00, etc. IT SUCKS!!!

Stover Capon Bridge, WV

If I could give a zero stars rating I would! It has been an awful experience! First, before I purchased my current home I asked the IT folks to call frontier and verify they it could provide suitable internet coverage. My company requires 25mbps cable. Frontier confirmed they could provide 18mbps guaranteed dedicated port. I purchased my home on 6/10, it is now 8/6 and frontier it yet to install a work line of 18mbps. In fact they have reschedule me 4x by text msg, no call no show for all 4 and now I'm receiving text msg that they will be here from 6:30-8pm 2 night in a row...no call and no show. This is by far the worse internet company I have ever dealt with!!

Lisa B Altamont, IL

The worst internet service in the entire world. I cannot even use my laptop or watch Netflix and can never play an online game. Even using only one item on wifi at a time does not help. I just did a speed test and it is.... .25 mpbs. Yes, that is .25 mpbs. Not 25 but .25. Appalachia area has better internet speed than central IL. Pathetic. And Frontier knows this and choose not to do anything about it. No other internet service is in my area. Only Frontier. Sad, it is almost 2020 and there are a lot of areas in the US that have horrible internet service still. If you have a choice, do not get Frontier. CS is slow also and can't really help.

Daniel Taylor Hesperia, CA

For years at my old home we had Verizon FIOS with no complaints. Then Frontier took over and customer service went from excellent to horrible while prices kept going up, up, and up. Would have switched companies but we ended up moving before finally losing our temper with Frontier. At my new home in a rural area Frontier is the only option for telephone/DSL and their service is even worse. Line keeps going in and out, India call centers, rude customer service staff, and a 'we don't need to do anything for you' attitude. DO NOT do business with this awful company. We're going to ditch them completely and go with satellite Internet or a cellular hot spot. Frontier is absolutely awful and I curse the day that Verizon sold part of their business to this junk company.

Jay Garland, TX

The service is okay. It was much better when owned by Verizon. I noticed in my May bill that they started charging me $10 a month because I DONT use/buy their crappy $200 router (it's a $20 router tops) and that this will continue into the foreseeable future. That's 20% of my bill that I pay simply because I refused to buy their crappy product to go along with the service that consistently drops for what I've been told is "intermitten update packets". So their Custom Service has no real knowledge and has their hands tied behind their back, making them ineffectual and helpless.

The Zohan Watertown, MN

Absolute Joke! Worst customer service I have ever seen. They could care less about the end user! My service is constantly going out take more then 1 hour to reach a rep after speaking to one they ask for my phone number in case we get disconnected just like there service what other company asks for your phone number in case you get dis connected. They tacked on 2 home phone charges to my bill for 6 months which I never had. They always give you a 4 hour window to schedule a service call, screw that we are the one paying there wages so they should be meeting us on our schedule not there's. I would never recommend them to anyone like I said a JOKE of a company

Christopher Fitzgerald Tampa, FL

Signed up on 7/1/19 for $54 a month and was promised $100 gift card and Amazon Prime free for a year. Had to wait 9 days for a technician to come set it up... After set up I found out Amazon Prime did not come free. Then I received a call from their sales team, a week after the service was finally set up and working, that I could upgrade for FREE to faster service. That was not true either, my bill increased and when I called in about this, they completely shut off my original internet service, leaving me with nothing. They said they would come back out for 10 days to re-set up the service but the faster internet I was promised for FREE (which wasn't) was not even available in my neighborhood! This Company is the most disorganized company I've ever dealt with, causing their customer service to be the absolute worst I've ever dealt with. I canceled and can only imagine what kind of fees they are going to try to charge me with. They also drilled a hole in my wall when they set up the internet so I also have that to remember this terrible experience. Do not choose Frontier!

Vanessa Durham, NC

Bad customer service, spotty slow service. I ordered faster service (since the basic is spotty and slow), they immediately began charging me for faster service including installation. Turns out I can not receive faster service. Frontier recognized their error, apologizes, and promises to fix the error. This was 6 months ago. Every few weeks, I call, and we do this pretty little dance again and again. Now they’re threatening to terminate service for non-payment even though I would love to pay what I actually owe. Last call a rep swore a supervisor would call me back. That was 2 weeks ago. Oh and each time I call it’s 60-90 minutes of waiting, reviewing the notes, etc. I’m at my wits end. Oh, this is a good one, at one point a more competent rep (my guess) actually tried to eliminate all the extra charges but was eventually denied by the billing department because it was “over the allowed amount”. True Fact: If you hang up and immediately call back another rep will tell you something completely different from the previous one. I did this 5x once. I had some free time. NEVER EVER knowingly and willingly work with this company. I promise you’ll regret it, maybe not right away but eventually you’ll think of this review and wonder “why didn’t I listen?” These hassles are not worth saving a few bucks.

global Stamford, CT

Frontier service is ok. Less than desirable. It does switch on and off... Admin is very poor. Service Staff is highly unqualified. Today I spent half hour to establish a simple error issue with the billing. Person simple didn't know accounting or math to check a statement. Not her fault but the company. Wanted to pay the bill directly but had no confidence she could enter the info properly. Knowing business, I recommend Frontier to focus on better service, hiring qualified team and deliver on quality. I am about to switch providers and certainly not recommending anyone to Frontier.

Devina Broad Brook, CT

It is actually unbelievable that this company still exists. I was duped into going with them twice: Initially to save money for home internet and a few years later when I started my own small business. (only because I was told no other provider was available in my area). They talk you around your issues. I was told I would have speeds of "up to 7" -- I get that it can be lower, but my workplace averages speeds of 0.5. I left my office mid-day today to complete work at home because the internet would not even work at the office. When I call tech support the guy has the audacity to tell me that 4 devices is too many. HOW MANY BUSINESSES HAVE LESS THAN 4 ITEMS HOOKED UP TO THE INTERNET!? They tell you they will transfer you to a "supervisor" - such a fake term. There is NO way the "Anthony" I spoke to was in charge of anything -- he sounded like a total fraud - barely spoke English coherently. He evaded questions and gave me the run around --- did NOTHING to address any of my concerns or issues. THIS COMPANY SHOULD BE TAKEN DOWN -- There have to be legal actions that can be taken against such fraudulent behaviors. Try to get out -- they'll charge you a $400 fee to break the contract early. I think the reviews here speak for themselves. DONT DO IT -- better to be without this company than pay for something you don't even get. FRONTIER IS A COMPLETE SCAM!!!

Darin Kingman, AZ

Thanks for nothing frontier communication it was the worst 5 hours of my life. Hooked up my modem no problem thought it would be easy from there try to sign into my network with my service phone number was which was provided and it kept saying more than account with this number so I could not log into my account.so I would call and talk to somebody from customer service they would transfer me to tech support, I was on hold the first time for over an hour told them that problem I said that there's only one number to that account.and total I call them probably at least five times I spent a total of 5 hours getting nowhere then I decide to call back and cancel my service with these lousy. I have never in my life experienced the worst customer service or anything up until today with frontier I will never use the service again. Customer service is horrible.

Kate Solvang, CA

I signed up with Frontier, being promised a download speed of 20 to 25 mbps. What I actually received was less than 4 mbps. I called the same day it was installed and cancelled the service, as it is not what I was promised and unusable for my family. I was told that they would issue a credit and I would not be charged anything. Now a month and a half later I have a bill for canceling $9.99 and the first months charges. When I called to ask why, I was told they agent could not promise a credit, that there were no notes on the file regarding a credit, but that he would send an email to another department to have them decide if I was deserving of a credit. I would never recommend this company. They made promises not kept regarding service and then charge for service that was not received.

Scott M Clearwater, FL

Like many modern businesses I work at a retail store that REQUIRES internet in order to do its business. Service since we GOT Frontier Internet has been spotty at best. Constant minor ups and downs. However yesterday (5-29-2019) I got to work and no internet. Down. Period. No ability to run my business and run tickets, charge cards, etc. IMMEDIATELY got on the phone with Frontier support and after an HOUR AND A HALF on the phone and constant tweaking, rebooting the modem, going into the back side of the modem and changing settings at their insistence and nothing. No internet. So the tech puts in a trouble call for me telling me that a tech will call me. He gave me the trouble call number. Lo and behold, it's now 3 pm, yet STILL no call from their tech. I called them back, gave my trouble call ticket number and after an HOUR on the phone they tell me "oh that call was going to be tomorrow on the 30th and they are going to call and try and fix it over the phone..." Isn't that what they tried to do earlier that same day??? "Then they will determine whether a technician will be dispatched..." Wait, what? So they are expecting a business, a LIVELIHOOD to shut down because their service SUCKS??? Well here it is, the next day (5-30-2019) and STILL no call from Frontier... We will be switching to Spectrum. *EDIT* It is now 6-3-2019 and it has been SIX DAYS that our business has been without internet due to the bumbling inefficiencies and incompetence of Frontier.

Doug Schaefferkoetter Logan, OH

Frontier Communications is NOT an ethical supplier of communications/internet services and I would not recommend using them if you have other options. They did not support lifeline services for my disable daughter and they charge anyone a termination fee if you stop using them. Their policy states their is an early termination fee if a customer discontinues before the promotional period is up (this is reasonable) but I found that they charge a termination fee to anyone even if they are not on a promotional agreement. Buyer beware as I was with them for 10 years, had no promotional pricing or agreements and they still charged me. Doug S.

RT Milton, WV

We got Frontier internet about 2 years or so ago. Worked fine for a while, then we started experiencing internet connection drops. We were told there was a malfunction or something in the hub, and that it would be fixed. Internet seemed to get better, then started same old crap. Now it just randomly disconnects and then reconnects at varying lengths of time, and then stays connected at varying lengths of time. We never know when it is going to go out, which is frustrating to say the least to be online doing something and then get kicked off, thereby causing work to be interrupted and sometimes even lost. I would give them NEGATIVE stars if I could. Also, when calling technical support, the wait times are extremely long, like around an hour or more, and when you do manage to get to speak to someone, you usually then have to try and decipher what they are saying even though they are speaking English, because Frontier apparently thinks it's a good idea to employ people with such thick Indian accents, that they may as well be speaking a foreign language. Nothing racist, as I have nothing at all against Indians, but when you can't freaking understand someone... well that DOES present somewhat of a problem when you're trying to resolve an issue now doesn't it? It simply is not worth the hassle to throw money away in dealing with such an incompetent and uncaring company.

Tony N. La Verne, CA

Read all the other reviews in the past and I said I hope this would not happen to me. Was I wrong. I cancelled my services March 18 and yet they bill me for the whole month of March. The first person I spoke to reverse the charges and told me that they bill a month ahead and I will be getting a refund and went ahead and reverse my charges in the credit card. Then all of a sudden I got a letter that my account is past due and have me pay the whole amount of 139.49 even though my services was cancelled on March 18 and they will refund me the differecence in 3 to 4 month. I ask why would it take that long to get a refund and was told it was the policy. No interest is given on my money that they will keep for 3 to 4 month. This is a good class action law suit. Any lawyers out there who will be interested to take the case.

John

My dealings with Frontier over the past couple of months has been an absolute nightmare. I'll be 70 this year and this has been the worst customer service experience of my life. Their level of service is truly pathetic ... they never called me back with answers/information after promising to do so over a dozen times, sold me internet service that did not exist in my area - twice, and they blew me off on service installation appointments without calling to let me know they wouldn't be there - twice. Reading the reviews on this site actually made me feel better - I thought it might be just me that was being treated so horribly. I guess misery really does love company.

Shawn Fuhrman New Salisbury, IN

I WAS a customer for 5 years. The first 4 years I was charged one price, then they upped the cost without telling me. We were paying automatically through our bank. So for the last year they were charging me late fees every month. When I call to complain, they hung up on me twice, was supposed to be called by a supervisor twice(they never called), then I finally cancel, and call back yet again to complain and try to get them to at least remove the late fees, nope. So much for serving loyal customers. I have dealt with bad customer service, but they are by far the worst. If that wasn't bad enough their download speeds are slightly above dial up at between 3 to 15 mbps. Was constantly resetting the router and paid more for phone services than internet. Wish I would have switched to cable sooner than I did.

jake kennedy

I cannot begin to understand how Frontier Communication's internal customer service meetings go. Maybe something like this: 'I know you know that all calls are monitored, but if things get too tough with the customer, and it looks like you may have to give them a concession or actually give them good customer service that involves giving them money back - just hang up. We actually don't care about our customers, but let's put on a good show so we look like a real company, trying to give a good service, while actually delivering a sub par offering all around. Sound good? Let's go get 'em!' This vibe must pump through the veins of everyone there. Full force. They seem great on the surface. But peel that back and apply pressure, and their true colors come through - which are like a rainbow of promise gently smeared with the blood and feces of nice-but-terrible-horrible customer service department. At least that's how it felt in mine and my wife's interactions with them over the last year. The details are too great to discuss, but the basics are as follows: We lose internet and phone and ultimately they can't come out for 3 weeks to fix. My poor wife works from home and had to spend 3 weeks in Starbucks trying to run her business from her laptop. Plus about 5 hours over the month on the phone with customer service trying to resolve the issue. Then when they were supposed to come, they cancelled and said they couldn't come for another week. My wife was crying on the phone to them begging them to do something for her. To come. Solve the problem. Help her. The lady that my wife was talking to raised her voice, was rude and then hung up on her. That was enough. I called Charter Spectrum and they came the next day, upgraded me from 50/50 to 400/50 internet and charged me $10 less per month. Far better speeds, service (so far) and cheaper. Amazing. Why I waited a month for better everything I don't know. Complacency I guess. So I canceled my service with Frontier and they gave me a credit for the month I didn't have service and wiped my account clean. All good. All done - thankfully. So far so good. But they said I cancelled just after a billing cycle, so I will have to wait a month, get the new bill and call in and clear it up. So sure enough, a month later they sent me a bill for $129. Not sure what for. So I spent about 45 minutes trying to resolve it all with their customer service department. And 45 minutes later, I was told it should be all good. I just had to wait another month for the billing cycle to refresh. And just a few days ago, I get a collections notice from Frontier saying I still owe the money. And if I don't pay in the next few days, I will be sent to collections. Not good. So I call again, spend another 38 minutes re-explaining, trying to get a supervisor on the phone (which didn't happen), trying to work out why I am being charged this money when I had the worst customer service in the world; then finally, when the lady couldn't work out how to help me, because clearly, a supervisor didn't want to help me (as she inferred) she hung up on me. Amazing. What kind of a company is this? So rather than spend another 40 minutes trying to resolve this, then 20 minutes cooling down from my rage, and probably another hour after they (possibly) hang up on me again, I just paid the bill. I hated doing it. Hated letting them win. But I'm 3 days away from having my good credit wrecked. Even if they told me it was all taken care of, I just don't trust them any more. I am not trusting my credit on their word, for $129. They blew it. Not just once. Or twice, but 5 times. So this tells me bad customer service is no chance event at Frontier. It's their policy. It's their M.O. It's in their DNA. As much as they pretend, they actually don't care. It's clear that the individuals that I spoke to, and we spoke to many, see what they do as a mere job. They have no buy in or pride in their company and what it does. Clearly they have a good product as Verizon set it all up. But they are now just slowly bleeding out all Verizon's brand excellence and good will and pumping the Frontier veins full of sub-par and septic elements, that will only hurt their brand over time and ultimately their bottom line. As people wake up and leave them for a better service, they will just bleed out. And I won't shed a tear. So what's the lesson here? Don't accept bad service. There are alternatives. You just have to look. Ask for more. Expect more. And you shall receive. I have certainly learned my lesson. Thinking about it, thank you Frontier. This won't happen to me again. And hopefully it won't happen to you now.

Robby Denton, TX

I would give them 0 stars if it allowed. Customer service was always horrible. They mischarged me over $500 after the install in the first month, then refused to refund the additional balance, instead crediting my bill for several months after. Returned our dvr when we cancelled tv service and only retained the internet. 6 months later when we cancelled the internet service and sent back the modem, they now tried to add the dvr back to equipment we owed them and charge us $230 for it, threatening to turn us to collections with the first invoice (4 months later). I have tracking numbers for both returns, but they can't seem to figure it out. Also, they changed our bill a couple of times after failing to tell us that some of the initial discounts only lasted a couple of months (a lie, because i asked the salesperson that question specifically to try and avoid that).

Anthony Singleton Pinellas Park, FL

This is the worst company ever to do business with. They messed up the install at one of my properties so I scheduled a time for them to fix it and they gave me a confirmation number for the appointment. On the day or the repair they don't show up so I call them and they tell me there was no appointment scheduled for that day. I give them the confirmation number and they try to tell me it was cancelled because the problem was corrected. It wasn't corrected because I still had no internet service and the modem was in the wrong room. They didn't even bother to notify me they cancelled the appointment. I decided to cancel my service there and at my home. My service terminated two days into the billing cycle and they sent me a bill for the entire month. So, I called them to find out how much I really owe. They tell me I have to pay for the whole month because they don't prorate. So I'm supposed to pay $95 dollars for 2 days of service? That's not going to happen. If you're looking for cable, internet or phone, stay as far away from this company as you can. Their service is horrible and the customer service is even worse.

Sine Pari Tustin, CA

There is no way this site is legit. Look anywhere else online and you will see that Frontier is a dumpster fire. I've been with Frontier since they took over our Verizon Fios in 2016. Prior to the takeover by Frontier, we loved our Verizon Fios internet and TV packages. However, once Frontier took over it has been nothing but grief and aggravation. In addition to the world's rudest, least responsive, and most inept customer service (nearly every customer service call we made had to be handed up to a supervisor who invariably turned out to be surly, self-important, and inflexible); Frontier repeatedly messed up our channel packages, charged us for channels we never received, gave us internet at much slower speeds than we were paying for, outrageously and repeatedly jacked the rates for our internet and TV packages (now over $200 /month for basic channel package and 100/100 internet), charged us full boat monthly rent for outdated and malfunctioning cable boxes and wifi modem, and refused to update our outdated equipment without charging us - all while offering new customers deals at less than half what we were paying as long-term customers. Today we'd finally had it and cancelled all services from Frontier. Despite the fact that we were less than a week into the new billing month, Frontier refused to prorate our service and return the unused portion of our payment. "John" at Frontier informed us that Frontier changed our contract, which allowed for such refunds, by placing some small print on our bill back in 2017. Without a doubt, Frontier is the worst all-around service provider I have ever dealt with in any category. If I had stock in this company, I would dump it as fast as I could. There is no way a company run like this can survive its competition in a world where over 60% of adults 18-35 stream their content and have no use for cable TV.

Ken W O'Brien, OR

Our internet stopped working on the on the 14th of February and Frontier informed us that the earliest an appointment could be made for a technician visit will be on Friday the 8th of March between 2:00 and 5:00pm. After waiting for 22 days we called Frontier to follow-up and was told by a customer service representative that that they don't have enough people to send out a technician and that we would have to reschedule for another time, I requested to speak with a manager and was told that I would be called back between 5:00 & 6:00pm today it is now 6:00pm and not surprised that we were not called. We live in Southern Oregon and would appreciate any good internet providers to establish business in our region.

Kylie Hesperia, CA

I ordered FiOS from Frontier a month ago. No one showed up to our first instal appointment and it took weeks for them to come out again. They were an hour and a half late and by the next day I still did not have internet. The soonest someone can come is another 2 weeks, when I am unavailable. I have have contacted them via phone at least 5 times, all taking up over an hour, messaged them via there contact page at least 4 times. I have been told twice my service was "escalated" which no one showed up for. Last time I spoke with someone they said my ticket was escalated, they knew what the problem was and I didn't need to be present to fix it and they'd call me tomorrow to confirm the fix. That was 3 days ago. I reached to them today and was told nothing had been escalated and no one would come if someone wasn't home. Every day I try to get an update on the status of my WiFi as I work from home and am having to travel work, and nothing has been done to help. It has been over a month and I still have no internet, and my next appointment is another two weeks out. This will make 6 weeks since my purchase with no internet. This company sucks.

Jason M Wish Medina, OH

I tried to have internet installed as a gift to my father way before Christmas (October 2018) - after prepaying, on 3 separate occasions the technicians were no call no shows on 4 hour window scheduled appointments over a month timeframe... at that point, of course I cancelled services, and spent no less than 2 hours each on the phone on 2 separate occasions to get refunded (the first time I waited the 2 weeks after calling without the promised refund being refunded, then had to start over, and was finally refunded) I have since been receiving bills and past due notices of services never rendered, and again spent numerous hours on phone to have bills ceased, constantly getting routed in a loop and/or being told I'd get transferred to the proper department only to be routed back to the first menu... the actual people I talked to in customer service have been nice, and I stay calm and polite, but as far as this company as an whole, is the most unprofessional, back alley dealing swindlers I wish I had never come across... this experience has been enormously stressful, and is still not resolved as I just received yet another bill with threats to go to collections... It's January 16, 2019... I urge everyone to get their cable/internet services through another company, and avoid this nightmare and farce of a company called Frontier... I am copying and pasting this, along with a copy of my bill today, and will continue to do so on all media platforms I can until my billing for services I've not received, for an account that has been cancelled due to no installation, and therefore zero service, has stopped... at this point, an apology from Frontier would be welcome, actually, expected... my name is Jason Wish, and the service area is northeast Ohio

Tino Valantine Huntington Beach, CA

First and foremost, if you were thinking about joining Frontier, let me help you before you make the same mistake and many other people have made !!! AVOID this company like the plague !!!! They will suck you in with their "New Customer" deals, after their promotional time expires, they will try everything possible to rip you off and when you try to call and talk to a human being, hahaha, good luck with that!!! WORST customer service possible!! You will wait on hold for an hour, and then not give you any "deals" to keep you as a valued customer. When I cancelled my account, they told me I would be charged for an "early termination fee" , after I have been with them for 3 years !!!! I NEVER extended any contract with them what so ever !! With all due respect, the services worked well, it was all bad when it come to billing department and customer support! One of the most corrupt utility services out there. Not "buyer beware", more like DO NOT EVEN THINK ABOUT IT " !!!

HonestMom Durham, NC

Not having been a customer for thirty days yet I must say that I am very dissatisfied and disappointed with Frontier. As a work at home agent it is imperative that my ISP is spot on with my services. I’m currently out of work day number 5 and am having to provide an immeasurable amount of documentation to explain that my absences are no fault of my own. After being scheduled for a tech visit from 8-12 noon on yesterday (yes there was snow) and after several confirmation calls initiated by yours truly, I was told that the technician was on his way. Several hours surpassed and my ticket window closed. I then called back again to confirm repair and I was told again the technician was on his way. There after I received a call from a representative from the office of the president who saw that the technician was due to arrive. The representative contacted the technician and I learned after 4 pm ( 4 hours after the close time of my original ticket) that the technician stated that he was home due to inclement weather which would not have been an issue had He showed up during my original scheduled time. I shared my frustration and nothing has been done. Moments ago, after waiting all day for a technician, I was told that my ticket was once again removed from dispatch today. I was advised to just be home and that a technician will show up some time this week. Do not waste your time calling the office of president (lower case for a reason) because absolutely nothing can be done in regards of having the technicians honor your tickets. They show up when they want to. Had I not been proactive and contacted Frontier on my on several times again today, I would not have known that no one was going to show up. It’s sad because they do it so gracefully. So I guess an emergency on my part does not constitute an emergency on Frontier’s even with an open ticket. Might I add we don’t have cable and have not had use of our streaming services for 5 days now with multiple children in the home who have been out of school due to inclement weather. ( My ticket was opened prior to the inclement weather) My opinion of this service could go one another page or two however I will leave you with this. I saw the rating of one star and figured I’d give them a try because I like to form my own opinion about goods and services. However as for this particular company please pay attention to the rating because the service is the poorest I’ve ever experienced. I’d be ashamed to work for this company and owner and operators should be more compassionate to customers who are working to support this sorry service.

JAY SKARE Pardeeville, WI

Terrible service. NOTHING but problems in the last 14 months. WEEKS to get a tech out here to fix problem. FINALLY we have a new carrier in town. SPECTRUM is getting my business next month. Frontier is cheaper BUT with out service 20% of the time. In the last 14 months we have been without service at least 3 months. On phone for HOURS each time. On hold for AT LEAST 20 - 30 min EVERYTIME I have to call about NO SERVICE. Same recording EVERYTIME, "we're sorry, due to the high call demand we are very busy". I can call that # at ANY time day or nite and get that recording, and be on hold for 30 min. TERRIBLE SERVICE. 30% OF OUR TOWN HAS SWITCHED TO THE OTHER CARRIER. TERRIBLE SERVICE, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. BYE BYE FRONTIER.

vered Barazani Plano, TX

We are customers for 8 years now. It always was hard time dealing with Frontier but the last incident is just a FRAUD. We were agreeing on a price/plan over the phone but were surprised to receive a bill double the amount agreed. After spending hours on the phone with them we got them to admit our agreement but they are refusing to follow through and the reasons are with them. It's not the first time that they are promising something over the phone and later not honoring it, but at least in the past after we insisted and proving them they would comply. This time even that did not help. I believe a class action against their fraud business practice is needed.