Cox Internet is a major part of the internet service providers industry. It provides about six million customers with internet access and is one of the nation's largest broadband companies right now. Currently, Cox Internet is only serving select areas across the country.

Cox offers customers download speeds up to 1 Gbps and up to 1 TB data caps. Cox's monthly prices start at $49.99.

View Cox Internet Reviews

As a company, Cox Internet believes in giving back and making opportunities for its employees. Cox prides itself on being charitable in their communities and have a wide diversity within the company. Cox Internet is a constant innovator in the internet service industry.

The Good

• Fast Speed Plans
  • Bundling Options
  • Affordable Prices

Fast Speed

One of the most important features of internet service is the speed that a customer can download. Cox Internet provides excellent speeds to its customers. It offers five internet speeds for customers to choose from. Those internet plans are:

• Cox Internet Starter 10 — $29.99 per month, 10 Mbps
  • Cox Internet Essential 30 — $39.99 per month, 30 Mbps
  • Cox Internet Preferred 150 — $59.99 per month, 150 Mbps
  • Cox Internet Ultimate — $79.99 per month, 300 Mbps
  • Gigablast —$99.99 per month, 940 Mbps

What might jump out to you is the high-speed access on the upper end. Cox offers some impressive download speeds High-speed internet that fast is quickly emerging within the industry, and Cox offers a quality gigabit plan.

Bundling Options

Most cable providers give you the option to bundle TV and internet, and so does Cox. But unlike the competition, Cox has nine ways to bundle their services:

• Bronze Bundle — $89.99 per month, 140+ channels, 150 mbps, phone
  • $64.99 per month, 75+ channels, 10 Mbps, phone
  • $74.99 per month, 75+ channels, 30 Mbps, phone
  • $94.99 per month, 75+ channels, 150 Mbps, phone
  • $137.48 per month, 140+ channels, 30 Mbps, phone

You can see more details on Cox's website and customize your plans to include phone service and home security.

Most of these bundled services have a two-year contract.

Affordable Prices

Cox's internet package prices are competitive for the industry and are lower than some of its competitors' prices.

Cox Internet also provides people with a lower-speed option (the Essential package) if you don't need as much power behind your internet usage. The prices stated above do not include taxes, modem or router rental fees, or the $10 per month surcharge for a month-to-month contract instead of a one year contract.

New customers can also receive a discounted price for the first 12 months.

These prices are not exceptionally high and are even low compared to some of their competitors' prices. This is especially true for the higher packages. Some other internet service providers charge almost double for that high of a speed.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • No-Contract Fee

Data Limits

Cox gives all its customers a data cap of 1 TB per month. As far as data caps go, 1 TB is common in the industry and provides users with plenty of data.

Customers who surpass their data limit will be charged an additional $10 per up to 50 GB excess data used.

This can be an issue for customers if they want the speed that is associated with a certain package but need more than its allotted amount of data. Not all ISPs put caps on data usage, and unlimited data plans are growing in popularity, so this does put Cox at a disadvantage.

No-Contract Fee

Most service providers will require you to sign at least a 12-month contract, and Cox is no different unless you're willing to pay more. Cox charges $10 per month if you want to forego a contract.

However, some internet providers offer month-to-month plans with no added fees, so if you're not sure if you'll stay in one place or stick with Cox, you might be more interested in working with another company.

The Bottom Line

Cox Internet does a good job of providing a lot of options for their customers to choose from. These packages are very reasonably priced and compare well with their competitors in the industry.

There are a few drawbacks to the services provided by Cox Internet, like the data caps on their packages. Overall, Cox Internet could be a good choice for customers who are looking for specific needs to be met.

View Best Internet Service Companies

3.3

Fresh Start

September 11th, 2020 Gainesville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first it was great the service, the customer service, and the setup. Then once i didn't need it anymore they decided to tell me im on a contract and i can't get off of it unless i pay an extra certain amount plus the bill.

David Plummer

August 26th, 2020 Glendale, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fifteen years ago, Cox was a real stand up company. Service was reliable and phone support was easily accessible (and without having to wait for extended periods). But they have been on a steady decline since then. Of course they hide behind technicalities so as to avoid responsibility. I understand, and even agree, that property OWNERS have responsibility to fix issues on their own properties that connect to the closest Cox box. But, renters exist as a legal entity that separates them from the ownership of the property. Renters pay to use the interior of their unit. Renters do NOT own the building. Renters do NOT own the roof. Renters do NOT own the space around the wall studs. Once you go behind the wall (i.e. the wall cavity), the duty to fix issues shifts from the renter to the owner and other suppliers. Cox actually expects a renter to go on the roof of a building to fix their equipment. Cox expressed point blank that they didn't care if the problem I was experiencing was also occurring to any of my neighbors. And then they wonder why they get two stars now when 15 years ago they would get 5 stars. When a Cox tech was out, they found multiple "splitters" on the roof of my apartment building. It was the "splitters" that was retarding the quality of service into my unit. If this was affecting my unit and there were many other "splitters" on the roof, there is a good chance that some of the neighbors are not getting optimal service. But Cox personnel expressed that it was all the other renters' problem. They didn't even express any interest in getting together with property owners or managers to ensure the problem isn't impacting others. That tells the story of Cox these days. They take your money with (service UP TO certain MBps) and they have no interest in assuring their service actually DELIVERS the service speed they sell. And of course, they hide behind the "UP TO" terms. So Cox customers are supposed to just pay the monthly bill and just accept whatever service Cox feels like delivering.

Rylee Licano

August 9th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We are having to upgrade our data due to kids having to be online school and I work from home. We called Cox and they told us to get gigablast and it was unlimited. They sent us the wrong box so my husband had to call them and was then told that we were lied to. To get unlimited we had to pay more money. He talked to a manager and they refused to honor what they told us. Cox should be ashamed for telling us one thing and then refusing to honor their word. Sad part is we are stuck using Cox because no other internet company has the speeds we need in the area.

cmill009

August 2nd, 2020 Destin, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Had no issues when we lived in Virginia, but since moving to Florida the wifi is unstable. More often than not my phones internet is better. We have the 100 MG package so we shouldn't have an issue. We've had techs come out but our issue hasn't been resolved.

Dane Holly

June 26th, 2020 Alpine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I pay the max for internet and my internet cuts out multiple times a day, I have to reset my router a min. of 2x a day and as many as 8x in a day.

Kent Jensen

June 19th, 2020 Newberg, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the Equipment had to be changed 3 time to find a box that worked out of the technicians van. Customer service is more interested in selling upgrades than helping with problems. Same as most providers.

Gary

June 19th, 2020 Sarasota, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've had the best of service. No complaints. Great customer service

Evelyn Tomchek

June 16th, 2020 Newport News, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The cost & speed need improvement. I'm not able to negotiate the cost of the service.

TobySchuller

June 16th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are very expensive. Raise prices without warning or notifications that they are raising prices.

D Wed

May 29th, 2020 Tempe, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox has always been a reliable provider for Internet in both personal and business. Support issues are handled very timely.

Christina Martinez

May 11th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Too expensive!!! I think they take advantage of the fact people need internet, it’s terrible.

Dan J

May 5th, 2020 Bennington, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Constant drops especially evening. Charges are extreme for slow speed

David Dilley

April 28th, 2020 Ocala, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Internet Speed much slower than advertised - speed check is incorrect by cox cable

R. Gold

April 28th, 2020 Chandler, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox has very reliable Internet but I think they are somewhat overpriced.

Marc Peterson

April 28th, 2020 Omaha, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had service with them for 17 years, always fast and reliable, only issues have been on my end

Al Hall

April 28th, 2020 Papillion, NE DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There internet is fast and dependable and been in business a long time and fast service

Joyce Schaaf

April 28th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

they have my internet, phone(land line) and my cable. I have had very few problems with them over the life of my service with them. I have been with them since they became Cox and with the Companies before since 1983

Barry Robbins

April 28th, 2020 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very responsive when I need assistance, easy to contact

Burce K

April 28th, 2020 Mesa, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It works most of the time. When I had prolonged problem, the agent on the help line guided me to fix it.

Janet D Bartels

April 28th, 2020 Sierra Vista, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had issues of our internet dropping a lot. Techs came out several times and nothing changed. Finally they put in new coax cable and that did the trick.

Tony Curtis

April 28th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

THE STREAMING SERVICE IS TOO SLOW. THE PRICES ARE TOO EXPENSIVE.

Karin Emma

April 28th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Its decent internet but price is bit higher than I feel it should be

Ralph Waagner

April 28th, 2020 Williamsburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good follow up on related problems. But are expensive.

Christine Paul

April 28th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Gotten way too expensive for the product received.

Elaine S.

April 28th, 2020 Stony Point, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

From the time I signed up everything has been great!! No Problems

Richard S

April 28th, 2020 Mission Viejo, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've lived in several US cities. Most of them I used Cox when available because they were the most familiar to me. Looking back, I have only bad memories of them. In each of the places but Vegas was probably the worst. Not just bad but illegal. I have had several complaints about conflicts of interest and allowing law enforcement access to my dwelling without my permission. And alternatively, not taking care of their responsibility when lines were faulty outside of my residence. I really don't even want to give them 1 star but just trying to be fair because there were some days everything worked correctly

Martha Redsecker

April 28th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Support always available! I have used them for many years, but moved to Century Link a year ago, and quickly returned for the excellent service.

Bruce Kolk

April 26th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After Cox telling me how great panoramic WiFi was. I thought I would try. Well after Coronavirus ends, I’m telling them to take the CRAP out of my house. Biggest lie ever! Sit on patio and get neighbors WiFi , which is locked, but can’t get mine. Calling Best Buy for evaluation and going with them. Don’t waste you money on Cox CRAP!

Greg

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The company continued tyo escalate the prices without authorization of the customer and they were not supportive. They refused to use the proper reception box for the quality of Television I had purchased. The tech at the place of purchase disclosed I would have problems with the normal box and I asked Cox Cable for the proper box. Their answer was I get the one that is given to everyone after they admitted the had the correct one in stock. Once on line my television continued to stop working periodically then would come bac for a few hours and the event happened over and over again. I changed to simple antenna and my television works well. Figured I have saved well over $12,000.00 since I cancelled Cox Cable.

Frank

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Have had very few outages or issues. Always respond promptly when I need their assistance. Solid ethical company.

Kathryn Langbehn

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We can only use Cox where I love. Our internet is horrible. We lose it several times per day. WiFi connection that is. I bought a signal booster and it's still not helping.

Marion Doran

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

the service always is going unless there is a outage

Kimulet

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've been a customer for over 25 years. I've seen the customer service deteriorate as they have grown and upgraded equipment.

Peter Duffy

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've always had decent service from Cox. I may not always get the advertised speed I'm paying for (1Gbps) but the service is stable and isn't overly expensive.

Judy Leith

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service is great, costs are too high. They always let you know if there's an outage and will credit you account if needed. However, compared to other companies, their cable costs are very high, and if you don't bundle with them, they are even worse.

Tony Stark Policci

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do a pretty good job, but don't really do anything to reward long time customers

Clayton Creekmore

Very satisfied long term customer .... don't need 50 characters

Me

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I want better inter net. It's 120 a month , then the easy internet hook up I can't use the 300.00 WiFi they wanted to have. After sitting on the phone for 1 hour I get to talk to someone ''

David A Buchman

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Many slow speeds and outages. I would change providers, but they are the only ones available where I live

Melinda Parris

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Internet even at high speed is often spotty, requiring computer or tv to have to restart frequently.

Dennis

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cost is way to high for what you get. Their fast internet is not very fast. We cut back on cost and stepped down one level and only saved 5 dollars a month. Not worth it

Ed

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Service levels are down while the price goes up. They will adjust pricing based on any new promotions but they don't do anything unless you call. The highest internet speed that I have still is slow at times with buffering more that I would expect. Complaining about it is not helping.

Steve

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wifi is really slow. Cox said they had boosted the speed but the internet is slower.

Karl Willig

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Mixed. Sometimes really good; other times almost dismal. Service is above average.

Greg

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox is very expensive and the service is intermittent at best. Too many outages and weak signal.

Jacobrobot321

March 11th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wish it was more available in rural areas. Have it at work and its great. Limited to dsl at home. overall the internet is good, but we’ve had a team come out multiple times to fix our dsl and they even tripped up a wire!! It got compensated with a new router though!

Jakob barre

March 7th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’m always having trouble with my WiFi going out. Forgot my password and was never able to retrieve it from their website.

jkenny90

March 5th, 2020 , TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Cox offers the most reliable internet service in my area. I never have problems with my internet connection and the speeds are just what I need. However it is more expensive than other internet providers I have used in the past with similar reliability and service.

Josh Harold

March 4th, 2020 Dallas, TX

I’ve had cox for years now, we haven’t had many problems but every now and then the internet will stop working and we will have to call and get it fixed.

DeeDee G.

March 3rd, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's a great internet service, the only problem I had with it was that sometimes the internet goes out and I have to call cox the customer service is sometimes poor int he fact the directions can be hard to follow.