Cox Internet is a major part of the internet service providers industry. It provides about six million customers with internet access and is one of the nation's largest broadband companies right now. Currently, Cox Internet is only serving select areas across the country.

Cox offers customers download speeds up to 1 Gbps and up to 1 TB data caps. Cox's monthly prices start at $49.99.

View Cox Internet Reviews

As a company, Cox Internet believes in giving back and making opportunities for its employees. Cox prides itself on being charitable in their communities and have a wide diversity within the company. Cox Internet is a constant innovator in the internet service industry.

The Good

• Fast Speed Plans
  • Bundling Options
  • Affordable Prices

Fast Speed

One of the most important features of internet service is the speed that a customer can download. Cox Internet provides excellent speeds to its customers. It offers five internet speeds for customers to choose from. Those internet plans are:

• Cox Internet Starter 10 — $29.99 per month, 10 Mbps
  • Cox Internet Essential 30 — $39.99 per month, 30 Mbps
  • Cox Internet Preferred 150 — $59.99 per month, 150 Mbps
  • Cox Internet Ultimate — $79.99 per month, 300 Mbps
  • Gigablast —$99.99 per month, 940 Mbps

What might jump out to you is the high-speed access on the upper end. Cox offers some impressive download speeds High-speed internet that fast is quickly emerging within the industry, and Cox offers a quality gigabit plan.

Bundling Options

Most cable providers give you the option to bundle TV and internet, and so does Cox. But unlike the competition, Cox has nine ways to bundle their services:

• Bronze Bundle — $89.99 per month, 140+ channels, 150 mbps, phone
  • $64.99 per month, 75+ channels, 10 Mbps, phone
  • $74.99 per month, 75+ channels, 30 Mbps, phone
  • $94.99 per month, 75+ channels, 150 Mbps, phone
  • $137.48 per month, 140+ channels, 30 Mbps, phone

You can see more details on Cox's website and customize your plans to include phone service and home security.

Most of these bundled services have a two-year contract.

Affordable Prices

Cox's internet package prices are competitive for the industry and are lower than some of its competitors' prices.

Cox Internet also provides people with a lower-speed option (the Essential package) if you don't need as much power behind your internet usage. The prices stated above do not include taxes, modem or router rental fees, or the $10 per month surcharge for a month-to-month contract instead of a one year contract.

New customers can also receive a discounted price for the first 12 months.

These prices are not exceptionally high and are even low compared to some of their competitors' prices. This is especially true for the higher packages. Some other internet service providers charge almost double for that high of a speed.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • No-Contract Fee

Data Limits

Cox gives all its customers a data cap of 1 TB per month. As far as data caps go, 1 TB is common in the industry and provides users with plenty of data.

Customers who surpass their data limit will be charged an additional $10 per up to 50 GB excess data used.

This can be an issue for customers if they want the speed that is associated with a certain package but need more than its allotted amount of data. Not all ISPs put caps on data usage, and unlimited data plans are growing in popularity, so this does put Cox at a disadvantage.

No-Contract Fee

Most service providers will require you to sign at least a 12-month contract, and Cox is no different unless you're willing to pay more. Cox charges $10 per month if you want to forego a contract.

However, some internet providers offer month-to-month plans with no added fees, so if you're not sure if you'll stay in one place or stick with Cox, you might be more interested in working with another company.

The Bottom Line

Cox Internet does a good job of providing a lot of options for their customers to choose from. These packages are very reasonably priced and compare well with their competitors in the industry.

There are a few drawbacks to the services provided by Cox Internet, like the data caps on their packages. Overall, Cox Internet could be a good choice for customers who are looking for specific needs to be met.

View Best Internet Service Companies

3.4

Byron Customer
December 3rd, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

They could improve substantially by lowering their prices.

Ralph M Johnson
December 3rd, 2019 Omaha, NE DETAILS

They have been very helpful and helping me coordinating my needs

NEIMAH MOYER
November 24th, 2019 San Marcos, CA DETAILS

THEY ARE STARTING TO CHARGE TOO MUCH NOW FOR THEIR BUNDLE

Robert Cassens
November 19th, 2019 DETAILS

I like the internet however they price gouge. You can't get a decent price unless you take their bundle for products I don't use.

Robert M
November 19th, 2019 DETAILS

High priced monopoly low quality products

Rebecca Williams
November 19th, 2019 DETAILS

Love the options, works well with so many different devices connected. Don't have any issues.

Friend
November 19th, 2019 DETAILS

Service Great. Low cost. Dependable. Reliable.

Michael
November 7th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I pay for gigablast. I was using their modem and my own truck-band router and experienced slow speeds and a ton of latency. Replaced router Nic and Ethernet cables and three modems. Bought my own modem which resolved my latency but speed test is around 400mbps down. They replaced the lines outside the house still no difference. I even tried modem to pc no router and still same speed.

Joseph
October 15th, 2019 Vienna, VA DETAILS

I've been USED :) Cox for 15 yrs prior to move to new location. They told me that I am a loyal customer. On my 8th month at this new location, internet suddenly stopped working. I had been patiently waiting for almost a month and half.... and am begging for the technician service. I was able to schedule 4 different technician appointments, but, they "Auto-cancel the technician visits" all 4 times... because "Outage in the area", Of course, without notify me... every time I call they told me to wait 4-6 hours due to outage in the area, they don't even know. But Outage in the area for a month and half with NO snowstorm or hurricane ??? Yeah right! I finally decided to cancel the service I had paid $60 for cancellation and total $79 with other fees. Call center person told me, they are cancelling the service I PAID but DID NOT get for a month and half. hahahaha Whatever... I am HAPPY because I don't have to deal with this company anymore! SHAME ON YOU COX!

Linda Clark
October 14th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

Other than being expensive, Cox internet had great service. Always reliable and fast. If I wasn’t so cheap I would go back to it.

sydney clark
October 14th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I have had a great experience with my apartments wifi all because of Cox! Very grateful for them!

Ed Clark
October 10th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I have use their Internet service for over 20 years. I have found the service to be very reliable. I have experience very few service outages issue. When I have needed assistance they have been very helpful

Michelle L. Cox
October 9th, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH THE STRAIGHT UP INTERNET FROM COX...... When you have issues with the service or the equipment you are gonna be told there is nothing they can do. Basically if you are on the Pre-Paid plan you are on the bottom on the of the list and you will not get treated the same as a HIGH Paying customer would. Believe me when I say the exact words of more then one Cox representative told me that because I am on the Straight Up Plan, I do not get any upgrades and the modem (which is no longer manufactured nor does it have support from the manufacture any longer) that is really a piece of **** I got no help at all from ANY COX EMPLOYEE. I think that is called prejudice. Because I can not afford a $200.00 a month bill I dont get the (royal treatment) I get brushed off. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY WITH COX

Alexander Hilton
October 7th, 2019 Hampton, VA DETAILS

Constant service interruptions and terrible customer service. Repeating the same information to multiple representatives for hours and never get internet issues resolved. The company throttles internet speeds when you get close to the data limit (even though they claim they do not). This speed throttling happens without fail every time, and every time we call in to ask about it they claim that Cox does not do this.

Jon Scoresby
October 7th, 2019 Saratoga Springs, UT DETAILS

The service was good. Little down time. Price was a little high but overall it was good.

Kimberly Jackson
October 2nd, 2019 Derby, KS DETAILS

Two routers, not terrible but sometimes kicks devices off. We currently pay about $70 month.

Karen Kruse
October 1st, 2019 Mary Esther, FL DETAILS

I spent hours on the phone with Cox and absolutely wasted my time! All they did was blame the problem on someone else! They kept saying over & over that I had 3rd party equipment, that I didn't. My modem was specifically designed for Cox, had Cox name on the box, but because it failed to work properly & because 4 different people were too stupid to assist me, they did nothing but blame the problem on someone else. I actually called the person they blamed it on, who then returned the blame to Cox saying the modem I had was specifically designed by Cox for Cox. Cox just didn't care, refused to help, didn't want to be bothered! I have had problems with Cox in 4 different cities and have always had problems with them. I have no choice but to use them them now because the apartment complex I live in is under contract with Cox, but I hate them, they suck, always have sucked & always will suck! Hence the bad review which is the least I can do!

Joann
September 24th, 2019 Edmond, OK DETAILS

I have a 2 year contact signed last August 2018. My bill increased by $20.00 last month and when I called they explained that they can increase at any time during my contract. What good is a contact is they don't hold true to their part? I have to stay in my contact or I get penalized. I thought the whole point of a contact was to protect both parties.

Scotty
September 16th, 2019 Prairieville, LA DETAILS

I gave Cox a one star only because I couldn’t get it to go lower. They’ll sell you a speed saying it’s fast enough for internet gaming and streaming TV, but it’s not. When you call them to complain or to get it fixed all they want to do is sell you a more expensive service. Cox doesn’t understand I’m not happy with them. Why would I want to give them more money each month?

Kaylee
September 9th, 2019 Freeport, FL DETAILS

The internet is ridiculously slow. It took me a couple minutes just to get to this website. They couldn’t even install our security the first time because of the slow speeds. They said they would fix it but still haven’t. I’m unable to use any of my online games on my ps4 because the internet does not work most of the time. I have 3G data on my cell phone and that is extremely slow but 99% of the time it works even faster than the WiFi.

KayCee Belka
September 6th, 2019 Derby, KS DETAILS

We have had Cox internet for about four years now. In the beginning, our cost and experience was pretty good. As time has gone on, however, our prices have been raised a couple of times. We have called on a few of occasions to receive assistance, and have been mostly met with a runaround and not a lot of helpful information or service. Overall, our experience has been okay. My rating would be higher if they had better customer service.

Campbell Blair
September 3rd, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

Cox was a great way to get service. I didn't have to worry about it ever not working or being too spotty.

Scotlynn Blair
August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Works pretty quickly, is reliable, and haven'y had too many problems with costumer service.

Cambria Blair
August 28th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

I had Cox internet for several years. The products were good but the cost kept increasing.

Le
August 5th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS

Worst Internet provider. Scam my 25$ because the autopay not working even thought I paid them right after that and still on time. So I cancel the service right after that then they took away my deposit for the modem also, I returned the modem on time and in good conditions. Suckk policy = scam their customer = rip off customer. That 25$ will help your company grow.

Arkansas dentist
July 2nd, 2019 DETAILS

Internet stops working on a daily basis!

Kelli
June 24th, 2019 Manitou Springs, CO DETAILS

Too expensive. Always raising rates.

Danielle
June 21st, 2019 DETAILS

They keep raising prices, we keep them due to needing high speed internet.

Marilyn
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Very knowledgeable. Fixed problem in timely manner.

Lester
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Satisfactory they need to control costs

Michael
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

For the most part very good. Some of their installers have zero experience, so you have to question their experience before allowing them to work in your home.

J
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Connection services seem to be a problem

Iain
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Captive market so I''m not that happy. Too expensive and has reliability issues.

Mr. Flo
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Better internet. A little expensive though.

Catherine
June 12th, 2019 DETAILS

Very good customer service; can improve with better access for hard of hearing people

Santino

The internet is great. But, not on T.V channels service

Abiodun Adekeye
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

The company offers Low competitive price.

N Mallard
May 29th, 2019 DETAILS

No problems and everything gets taken care of in timely manner

Sydney

Overpriced, Customer Service border line average

Stacia Christen Jackson
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

High prices and poor customer service, but at least the internet works

Susan Baker
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Terrible, slow service, disrupted service, expensive.

Betty
May 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Occasional service interruption. Can be challenging to contact a person when the system is down. We have phone/internet together!

Alexandra Chavez-Earls
May 15th, 2019 Chandler, AZ

Cox is very fast and usually doesn’t lag. It is very reliable. Sometimes it does take awhile but when that happens it usually doesn’t last very long

Michael Seth Manwaring
May 15th, 2019 Chandler, AZ DETAILS

I have Premier Internet Service from Cox (I live in 85225). The connection has always been very reliable and fast. There were a couple occasions right after it was installed when we needed a tech to come out and amplify the signal for us. Those techs were courteous and expert.

Joanne
May 14th, 2019 Tempe, AZ DETAILS

Very stable. Excellent customer service 24/7. Pricey!

Shannon Ramay
May 14th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

i don't like that they're the only ones in town with options over 50mgs. They can make more discounts for their continuing customers and just for new ones.

Paul Langley
May 14th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

It seems that my internet gets slower and slower every few months. Of course, the "solution" is to pay more for more bandwidth. I've done that and it still seems slow. All things said, Cox is better than the local alternatives.

Evon Manwaring
May 13th, 2019 DETAILS

We have never had any issues with Cox internet service. We have had service with theme for over 11 years.

Reese
May 10th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used Cox Internet before, when I lived in Las Vegas. It was fast and easy to use and very reliable. I loved that I could bundle it and that they could fix the price for a long period of time.

Shannon
May 9th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

We have not had the best experience with Cox. When we got our next box, the 3rd party that was asked to put it in took a few hours! And didn’t finish. Then when we called and asked them to come back, they wouldn’t. We finally got it resolved a week later but wow! Also has the worst email service. Takes forever to delete things and keeps bringing them back even after they’ve been deleted.