Best Company Guarantee Comcast Xfinity Internet Logo

Comcast Xfinity Internet

7.1

LAST UPDATED: September 24th, 2022

Comcast is a major force in the telecommunications industry because of its large service area and the sheer number of customers it has served. If you've ever researched internet packages, Comcast has likely come up.

The company's regular rates start at $49.95 per month. You can bundle TV, phone, and home security services with its internet.

View Xfinity Reviews

The Comcast Company has two major parts: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal. These two parts work together to bring all of the various types of media to homes across the United States.

Xfinity is a part of Comcast Cable and brings phone, TV service, home automation, and high-speed internet to customers. A variety of package options are available depending on the speeds and features accessible in your area.

Xfinity has a commitment to great service that is backed by a money-back guarantee.

The Good

• High Speeds
  • High Availability
  • Security
  • Xfinity Bundle Advantages
  • Contract-Free Option

High Speeds

Xfinity Internet offers some of the highest speeds in the industry. Its internet plans are organized by speed.

• 25 Mbps (~$40 per month)
  • 100 Mbps (~$45 per month)
  • 200 Mbps (~$60 per month)
  • 300 Mbps (~$70 per month)
  • 600 Mbps (~$80 per month)
  • 1,000 Mbps (~$84.99– $90 per month)
  • 2,000 Mbps (~$299.95 per month)

Keep in mind that this pricing information is only for the first 12 months and the pricing will depend on your location and contract length. Some plans may not be available in some areas. These prices can change depending on your timing.

Equipment, installation, and activation fees also apply in some cases—more on that below.

High Availability

Since Xfinity is a large entity in the ISP industry, it covers a huge area across the United States: it's available in 39 states. With that large area coverage comes a lot of variation in upload speeds and download speeds available to you.

Xfinity doesn't have solid available speeds until it conducts a speed test for a specific address. This can be an obstacle if you're looking at internet options but aren't certain about your future zip code.

But, it's also a benefit because customers don't have to pay a fee for a certain speed package unavailable in their area. The price for an internet plan depends on the internet speed that's available; you won't overpay for Mbps that you're not receiving in your location.

When choosing a speed, you should consider whether multiple devices will access the internet. Xfinity provides general package information to give you an idea of what you might pay for certain areas.

Security

Along with quick internet speeds for reasonable prices, Xfinity also promises internet security.

Xfinity has partnered with Norton Antivirus to bring their customers online protection. These security measures are easily downloaded onto any computer or device once you've chosen your package.

The cost of this software is included in the monthly Xfinity bill. There is no additional charge for this security service.

Free security is a big bonus that could keep you safe from theft and viruses.

Bundling Advantages

Like many other internet service providers, Xfinity offers additional services, like cable, in addition to its high-speed internet.

But if you think cable is antiquated, that's not your only bundling option with Xfinity. Xfinity has the option for customers to stream hundreds of channels and videos to view in their own homes through Xfinity TV service, the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Instant TV, or Xfinity Cable TV.

Xfinity packages offer the customer more than one of these services. If you choose to add on more services through Xfinity, they're typically bundled at a lower price. This is a huge benefit if you're hunting for several new services, but it's a downside if you're not.

If you strictly want internet service, you might be missing out on some promotions and better deals.

Contract-Free Option

If you don't plan on staying with Xfinity, or if you plan on moving shortly, you can choose an Xfinity plan with no contract. Customers who choose this option will pay a higher monthly rate, but this is a convenient choice for those who dislike being locked into a contract that may raise rates.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • Fees
  • State Coverage

Data Limits

Xfinity does not offer unlimited data. It has implemented data limits. Some of these data caps are as high as 1 TB.

Xfinity also requires a one- to two-year contract on many of its packages. Some other internet service providers do not have data limits or require contracts, so if you're wary of committing to an ISP long-term, so this may offputting.

Fees

Xfinity's service has a few costs that customers consider hidden fees. While these aren't technically "hidden fees" because they are mentioned in Xfinity's contracts, users sometimes see them as abrupt and unfair:

• Installation fee. This can be negotiable, but technicians typically charge a $60.00 fee to install Xfinity. Customers can opt for a do-it-yourself kit for a cheaper cost.
  • Reactivation fee. If a customer temporarily turns off their service, Xfinity charges a small reactivation fee.
  • Equipment fee. If you choose to rent Xfinity gateway, the provider's 2-in-1 modem/router, you'll pay a monthly rental price. Customers looking to lower their bill should purchase their own compatible equipment upfront.
  • Xfinity TV fees. Xfinity charges several fees for add-on TV service, including premium channels and DVR.
  • Late payment fee. Xfinity will charge an add-on of $10.00 if a customer pays their bill late.
  • Early termination fee. Xfinity Internet offers customers a 1-year contract where their price is locked in for that year. However, if the customer needs to end the contract early, they are subject to an early termination fee.

You might also see fees such as a Broadcast TV fee, Federal Universal Service Fund (FUSF) fee, Regional Sports Network fee, Rental fee, and more. Check your specific Xfinity package, and be aware that many rates are negotiable.

State Coverage

While Xfinity is available in 39 states, some of its competitors are available in all 50. These variables can be a disadvantage and a reason that customers search for other internet service providers for their needs.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking at a few different internet service providers, it can be frustrating to figure out what type of package you can get in your area and how much you'll have to pay. Xfinity requires a contract, has data limits, and isn't available in all 50 states.

However, customers who choose Xfinity Internet will enjoy a host of benefits and features like Norton Antivirus software, access to hotspots across the country, and a money-back guarantee. We recommend checking out Xfinity's services to see if they are a good fit for you.

Be sure you understand the terms of your internet service agreement and whether there are additional fees, like an installation fee or surcharges for a modem and router.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.3

Crystal Nesbit, MS

They do have good internet, however mine went out from time to time, but the worst part is the contract I moved from my apartment and requested Comcast to switch the service to my new address well to my surprise they didn't service my new area so since I couldn't use them at the new address they charged me a cancellation fee.

TL Dickerson Cypress, TX

The customer service is OK. I feel you get the runaround sometimes when you call for support due to issue with your Internet. I don’t think anybody has 5G Internet only if you go to their store. I have a high-speed Internet my Internet continues to run slow I told them when I ordered my Internet I needed a reliable Internet speed because I work from home. I think they were more interested in trying to get the deal instead of making sure the customer was taken care of I have had to repair people out and the last guy told me it’s just the building well if it’s just the building why hasn’t the issue been resolved?

Rich H. Carmel, NY

Generally satisfied with Comcast Xfinity internet, just wish I could bring the costs down. Also, I'm still baffled as to why I need to have a landline through Comcast to get the best rate, I don't need a landslide!

J B

They perished raise my monthly rate even though I have a 24 month contract with a guaranteed rate. When I call they say it’s because of some random taxes or fee increase. They usually modify the plan to get it lower. Otherwise the service is OK

Leah Daly City, CA

Internet service is decent, at best. We often get kicked off the wifi - whether is be when streaming on tv or iPads or when connecting a laptop for work. This in itself is frustrating but the fact that the monthly price for this service is nearly $135 is beyond irritating. If the internet service is spotty, it feels like a slap in the face to pay such a high price. I was told that the only way I could lower my bill is to add additional services that I don't need which doesn't make any sense at all.

William Smith Bolingbrook, IL

Xfinity provides a wide array of products and great cable signal. The customer service representatives are pleasant to deal with and make every reasonable effort to support customers. My main concerns with Xfinity are primarily related to technical issues, i.e., poor signals when the remote interacts with the television, issues with accessing apps, and random service outages. The cost for Xfinity products and services are relatively high. Given the cost, I don't expect to experience the afore-mentioned issues.

Sadrianna King Saint Paul, MN

The service is fairly decent, at least very few outages. The customer service though is atrocious and they will find extra ways of adding fee's. The wireless modem that I was renting from them kept going on the fritz, after 3 or 4 calls to customer service to have the equipment reset I asked that they replace the unit which is obviously faulty. The agent told me fine but if they find nothing wrong with the unit you'll be charged for the technician's visit. they did not offer the option of bringing the unit to an office. the new unit worked perfectly and they charged me $60 for someone to bring it to me when I could have done that myself. Out of at least a dozen calls to their customer service only ONE was ever pleasant and that was when I was calling to demand a refund for the overpayment. Nearly all of them are rude and dismissive and try to do as little for you as they can.

Rick Gore Canton, GA

Best internet provider available to my area. But, their customer service is a joke. They know that you have very little in the way of other choices, so they can and do take advantage of you. Also very pricey!

Jillian Grand Rapids, MI

Xfinity is the best internet service available in my area. Very thankful for their service while working from home for two years. I've only had one service issue in the last two years. It is painful to call customer service.

Kathy Kerber Olympia, WA

Comcast is basically the only viable choice in my area for high speed internet. I'm giving them a 3 star rating only because there are few outages. Whenever I have had a problem, it has been an absolute pain to deal with them, and returning equipment? Oh my. just kill me now. lol. I waited nearly an hour in my local store to return equipment which then was not reported returned and I had to then call and advocate for myself to get the charge reversed. But they do have good techs, and since there isn't much choice, you just suck it up and pay and hope for the best. A company with a monopoly on a service could provide cruddy reliability along with exorbitant fees and get away with it. They deserve the three stars because you can count on staying connected 99% of the time. I'd give them four stars is they had decent customer service and I felt like an actual person....with some value...when I talk to them.

Seamas Culligan Dorchester, MA

I've been with Comcast for 15 years. The only reason I stayed with them is because I used to use Comcast as my main email source, and I wanted to retain my email archive. Then one day I logged in and my entire inbox was wiped out because of one of their service upgrades. I demanded that they pull my archive of emails off of their back-up drives. They didn't have one. So I tried to sue them in small claims court, you should have heard their sleazy lawyer flirting and lying to the old judge, naturally he ruled in their favor. I immediately dropped their overpriced cable TV service but retained their high-speed internet because my wife wants to hang onto our email archive. As a user I have to say that Comcast's high speed internet is fairly mediocre and also overpriced, I am always having to reboot their modem. Other countries such as South Korea and Japan offer much faster high speed internet at a small fraction of the price that is charged here in America. But as American ISP providers go, Comcast is probably about average. I would quit Comcast tomorrow, but my wife wants to hang onto her old emails.

Bethany Burleson Elkridge, MD

The service is pretty good but we've had many issues as well such as slowing down and cutting out here and there. It is very expensive, so thats definitely a negative aspect.

Thais Copeland Satsuma, AL

I have their service for many years now, got no choice, because it's the best one that I can get. They have a lot of ups and downs with the service, sometimes there are problems that takes up to 6 or more months to get then resolved, but one must stay on top of them, because thy try to tell you there is nothing wrong, because they don't want to spend the money to fix the problems. Customer service is good, majority of the time. One thing I got to say is that some of the technicians don't know a thing of what they are doing and needs more training.

PolliAnne Parte Altamonte Springs, FL

It's almost impossible to talk to a real customer service representative on the phone. They are usually very helpful when you do however it appears that one price of service is agreed on but the company continues to charge you at a much higher rate and the service representative can't explain why. This has happened more than once. Well,,,, its time to cut the cable because I can't afford them anymore. Their product is good but their cost is outrageous.

Steve S San Jose, CA

I have used Xfinity in many of my houses in the past. I have used Xfinity this most recent time, for the past 5 years at the same location. Overall the system signal strength for internet is terrible. I now have to work from home (for the past 2 years due to covid) and I keep getting disconnected. The wireless router that I used, and I upgraded to the latest version from Xfinity, is only slightly better than the older technology hardware that I had. To be honest, if I had a viable alternative to Xfinity, I would be gone. Oh, and paying $325 / month for internet and cable TV is ridiculous.

KERRY OWENS Texas City, TX

OVERALL COMCAST, BECAUSE OF LIMITED OPTIONS IS THE BEST OPTION FOR ME HOWEVER, THEY OPERATE ON ONE FIX FOR EVERYONE INSTEAD OF LOOKING AT IT ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS. I USED MY EMAIL AS A MESSAGING OPTION FOR MY ELDERLY FATHER AS HE DOESN'T HAVE ACCESS TO A COMPUTER. THAT WORKED WELL UNTIL THEY STARTED USING MY DEBIT CARD ON FILE TO PAY HIS BILL (3 MONTHS) WHEN I BROUGHT IT TO THEIR ATTENTION THEY OFFERED NO REFUND TO MY ACCOUNT . NO RATIONAL CONVERSATIONS WERE CONDUCTED WITH THEM, JUST A BUNCH OF DOUBLE SPEAK AND DENIAL COCERNING MY REQUEST FOR A REFUND OR CREDIT TO MY ACCOUNT, THAT AND SEVERAL HANG UPS AND ALLEDGED DROPPED CALLS. VERY FRUSTRATED BUT, THIS IS WHAT WE GET WHEN THERE IS LIMITED COMPETISION .

Yooper Colorado Colorado Springs, CO

This is our current provider, we have had Comcast for several years and get pretty good service from them. The speed provided is always a little more than we are paying for so that helps also. The problems they have are associated with bandwidth, I mean, it increases at random times and decreases at random times. My wife uses it to work from home since Covid started and for the most part has a reliable connection. Tbiggest shortcome is that when their system fails they always blaim it on my equipment. I replaced good equipment with great equipment to fix a failure they said was on my end and the great equipment has the same problems. They tell me that my equipment is why their internet stops and my neighbor loses her internet at the same time with (rented from Comcast) equipment. Is it my equipment that caused my neighbor's connection to fail?

Jessica Dry New Market, MD

We've had a triple bundle with Xfinity for over 13 years and everything has been great. We recently decided to move our 5 cell phone lines from Verizon to Xfinity and are now saving $100 per month. Switching however has been challenging. We spent over 7 hours in the store across 3 visits to get things sorted out. Remaining issues are: my husband and I are unable to set up our Samsung S9 phones with voicemail. So, when we don't answer, the carrier tells the caller that our lines are not in service. I've called and called and it remains a problem. One of our sons opted for the free Samsung when he switched. It died 6 hours later and Xfinity said we have to sort it out with Samsung. Totally subpar device. Samsung had me take it to a certified technician who told me it had a faulty screen but that they can't get any to replace it. So! We are stuck with this non-working phone for 2 years. To me, Xfinity should have taken the phone back. This review would have been 4 or 5 stars if they had.

Brittany Norfolk, VA

Had comcast when I stayed in Michigan the service was ok nothing spectacular felt I was being charged a lot for simple service I didn't even have the best plan

Aiko May Chico, CA

Been a loyal customer for over 10 years. Don’t appreciate the high costs and steady rate increases but continue service because they pretty much monopolize the cable service field.

heidi m johnson Mt. Pleasant, SC

I'm not a fan. I have had them for about a year I live in an area who doesn't use anything but Xfinity. They are more expensive I have trouble with the reception. It shuts off from time to time. I do not recommend them.

K R CA

Usually providers are quality with internet speed I line in a semi rural community in the outer edge of the big city in New Mexico lately the connection has been very spoty and unreliable. They used to have highly secure hotspots availability for the community and not have in my best deduction been lacking in security periodicals leading to the increase in customer complaints and adding the option to turn off the hotspots availability.

kate Santa Clara, CA

i've been a loyal comcast customer for both my home and small business. overall the experience has been good but not great due to the periodic loss or instability of their internet connection. before the pandemic this may not be as significant but now that majority of my business is dependent on good internet connection, this has become a more significant problem and therefore the loss of two stars.

Jason Walker LaFayette, GA

I'm an Xfinity internet customer in Georgia. My service is excellent and outages are very rare. Speed is generally terrific. Where Comcast / Xfinity fails is virtually any time you need to interact with them personally. Customer service remains remarkably poor and if not for the quality of service in this area I'd drop Comcast like a hot rock. Every time I deal with Comcast it makes me angry, so I cannot leave anything greater than a 3 star review despite the service itself working fine.

Frank Herbert Portland, OR

I've been with Xfinity for three years since moving to Oregon. Their technical quality is high and their repair service on outages is quick. They are expensive but necessary. I also dealt with them 20 years ago in Chicago when they were simply Comcast. Their reputation for customer service was terrible but I always found their service personnel efficient, friendly and professional. I use them for hours of entertainmet each day but still begrudge the cost, unfortunately their are no viable alternatives.

Mariza Tan Alexandria, VA

When I talked to “Joe” & he couldn’t fix my internet speed, he said he’ll connect me to somebody good with internet connection. After waiting to be connected for more than 15 mins. , d line went dead & I’ve never heard from Joe nor that somebody! I was so pissed. Finally after calling customer service several times (talking to a machine is a pain in d neck! It’s faster to talk to a representative!!!) a technician named Jong came to my apartment! He’s d best tech I’ve encountered from Comcast. He dealt & fixed d problem like he’s doing it for his own family! He even came back d 2nd time that day to make sure it’s running well, even fixed d wall socket! I give him lots of credits! Hey Comcast! He deserves a raise! Employees who works for Comcast commented that their customer service sucks! It’s faster to talk to a representative right away than being stupid talking to a machine that u have to repeat everything over & over! It’s annoying & a waste of time! If not for Jong, I would probably switch to another company. That Joe needs to be reprimanded & take a class how to handle customer professionally

R. Coon

Similar to CenturyLink I only used their most basic service. I have used Comcast as internet only and with bundled voip phone. Sales people try to tell me I won't be happy with basic service and need something faster but basic service has always worked when there is not a wiring problem on their end. They do eventually fix things if I could prove it was their problem. They were great at hiking prices and adding fees and "rental" expenses until I was paying double what we originally agreed on. In the end it was cost rather than service that lost my business. I highly recommend buying your own modem to avoid excessive rental fees and using a seperate voip provider so you can keep your phone number and are not locked into using Comcast when they start jacking your monthly bill up.

M.L.G. San Francisco, CA

I am a recent Xfinity customer. To be honest, I didn't realize it is just Comcast at first. That was a red flag for sure. I needed high-speed internet for work when we began working from home. Xfinity, was the only company that could provide it. I had to sign a contract for a year, in order to get a reduced price. It's still, expensive though. If, I owned a TV I could get their free streaming movies. Which, would make it a better deal without cable. The fact that it doesn't offer an included streaming service online makes no sense in this day and age. The service is not as fast as it should be consistently. The connection also drops frequently. When it works well. It works well. Which, is more often than not. The company's automated attendant can be a real pain, and has made it so I avoid calling for as long as I can.

Stephen Thompson

Was a customer of Xfinity for 15 years in 2 different locations. Had their bundled package for about 5 years. The service technician that installed our wiring in the second home was a train wreck - wanted to run the wires on the outside of the sheetrock in our totally finished basement. I had to get a little nasty with him , and then he finally "found " a way to fish the wires through the wall. He was new and lazy. Like most internet providers, you are bombarded with sales calls (trying to upsell). On a positive note, when I've needed to go into the local office , the staff is always very helpful and responsive.

Grace Citrus Heights, CA

Right now I am a bit disappointed in Xfinity. I have internet only for the past ten months and pay $107.00 a month for this single service. My family and coworkers told me I was paying too much and should change my place. I don't even have cable. I called Xfinity and was told I was in luck as they were having a special where I could have the same service for only $50. Per month, under half of what I have been paying. I asked the rep why my bill was so high all this time. He said it was because when I signed up I did so on a special then as well. I was getting a 50 percent break on my bill. So that meant internet service during the middle of the pandemic had to be approximately $220. For internet alone. I feel this rep was not being truthful or Xfinity ought to be ashame of themselves.

DW Rochester, MI

Comcast will invoice you for a $100 set up fee, regardless of whether there was an outside issue with wiring -- which they claim would not be a customer charge. So watch your first invoice from them: They will bill you anyway. Comcast will also bill you a full month when you stop service, unless you give them a full 5 to 7 days notice. They will stop your service, but charge you those extra days, even though all they have to do is flip a switch. If you've been a loyal customer, Comcast will not give you any deals. In fact, one time, I quit their service, after calling the "Loyalty" dept, to see if they would lower the price based on my intent to leave. (All my friends said they would give you a deal if you are on your way out. They did not.) On the positive side, Comcast allowed me to exit an alarm contract when I was laid off work for two years; so for that, I was thankful, and came back to them when I was working again. From what I understand, Comcast has the best internet in my area (for reliability) compared to two competitors. For TV, I had it a few times, but it's expensive, so I stopped.

Walter Brawner Oak Park, IL

My main problem with them is simply, The inability to keep the PRICE at the same rate every month as advertised. My bill was NEVER the same.

Robyn LeClair Essex Junction, VT

The service is fine when IP is working. It seems to go "out" a lot and I wonder if we need an updated modem because we've had this one for quite awile. It also takes forever To restart when restarting is necessary.

Marissa Rogers Yakima, WA

Their service is great. Their customer service is terrible. Every time I have to call, it makes me sick. They act like they've never talk on the phone or used a computer in their lives.

Charles Cheek Miami, FL

Comcast Xfinity Internet is not as good a value as AT&T. They increase the price of service without warning after you have been with them for a year. They will not reduce their price unless you cancel your service and turn in equipment. Then they beg you to come back for a introductory price. The more loyal you are as a customer the more they charge you they just keep increasing their prices w/o warning. plus the Internet speeds slow way down in the late afternoon until bedtime because they have a lot of traffic and more customers on the network

Lily Manor Denver, CO

Their service is really good. I get high speed and don't have much problem with the internet slowing down. Their cable service was brilliant, but I refused to keep paying with significant increases, so I terminated my business with them on cable. If it weren't for their increasing price rates, I would have given them 5 stars

Paige McDanel Lehi, UT

I have been having extreme difficulties with Comcast Xfinity Internet for some years now. No matter how many calls I make, the internet remains spotty. It has caused issues with my job and quality of life. I can't stream movies or shows, game, or even video chat with relatives. When it works it works well, but when it goes out it is a disaster.

enelson3903 Bowie, MD

I used Comcast for several years and the biggest problem was the speed of the internet. It dropped a lot, and the customer service was not very helpful. Comcast has offered several deals to come back as a customer. I did enjoy the TV service from Comcast.

Carla Lewis Walled Lake, MI

The speed was adequate for non-streaming, but the consistency of signal/service was frustrating. I had a number of service calls to deal concerns that seemed to 'follow' me as I moved 3 different times all in the same delivery area. I have since moved out of their service area.

Audrey vargas San Jose, CA

The products are top of the line, but you will pay a lot of money for it. Every year they will slowly raise your rates until you call them and try to make a deal. They also told me I had unlimited data and when my family moved in during covid, I found I did not have unlimited data.

Steve Ashby Portland, OR

We have had Comcast Xfinity for many years. While their service and equipment has improved, I feel like Xfinity is turning into a hub for streaming services and the free local channels. I'm about to access all of the streaming services through the apps feature. Netflix and Amazon are available through the voice feature...other apps don't work with the voice. Equipment updates have gotten much easier, but I still have old equipment attached to the side of my house that they don't want to come get.

Nancy Spokane, WA

The service was excellent. Until I wanted to add internet to my plan. They sold me a package that didn’t exist. I got a bill over $300.00. I called & they sold me a different package that didn’t exist. Got the same high bill again. When they finally sorted it out. They still expected me to pay the $600.00 for their 2 mess ups. I ended up.being disconnected and went with Directv & CenturyLink. Xfinity is crooked. BEWARE!

Randy Federspill Fredericksburg, VA

I have had Comcast for 15 years because they are the only provider in my area. Their service has improved some, their services and equipment also has improved since the first day, their prices for comparable services at other locations with other providers SUCKS! So if I had to break it down service quality has moved from 1 to 3, but value to services is 1 or zero.

Charles Stokes Bloomington, IL

The product is ok. The website is awful, had to use telephone to set up automatic payment and was unable to talk to a human. I have Comcast in both Florida and Illinois. Unable to link the two accounts. Online help much too limited. Also, in Illinois, the technician did not practice social distancing on March 23 when he came to install. I had to sterilize a lot of stuff. He was not trained ok to be in peoples homes on that date.

Gary Garner

Marginally satisfactory. It takes 10-15 minutes in a phone maze to get to a live person who is usually in a foreign country, usually the Philippines. Once gotten ahold of, they are efficient and get the job done. I think that their service is overpriced. The TV box locks up 5-6 times a year. Internet is solid and reliable. After a recent boost in pricing, I purchased my own modem.

Elizabeth M. Lake Worth, FL

I love Xfinity but I'm already getting sick of the fact that they increased the bill for no reason. On my bill, it keep saying "one time fee" but it doesn't explain what it is for. That's basically stealing money from me without giving me the proper knowledge of what I agreed to when I sign up for Xfinity. They need to stop increasing the bill and only charge us what we agreed.

John Burnside Colorado Springs, CO

For about 3 years I had Comcast and experienced much slower internet speeds than what I was paying for. The 3rd time I called to complain in a two year period, the customer service rep put me on hold for 20 minutes to check something out that didn't seem correct. She came back on to explain that the IMEI for my router didn't match what they had in their system. She corrected it and I immediately got the speed I had been paying for for 2 years. The previous two calls had done nothing to get Comcast to fix a problem that was caused by them in their record keeping.

Layne Magna, UT

I've been a customer for over 10 years, haven't had many technical problems with them. They have been good in that respect. I'm just not happy with their billing practices. I hate how they will increase the rates and won't work with you if you miss the renewal date. I am also not happy to find out they are limited the amount of data you can use each month. We found out we have a terabyte limit and if we want unlimited then we have to pay even more money to them.

phyllis

I like that they give you a refund if your service is disconnected, by fault of weather. They do charge you for 140 channels. Most of the 140 channels are in Spanish. You can't get FOX news, CNN, or MSNBC news unless you pay more in fees. I only watch the news. Its ridiculous that customers have to pay extra money in cable just to watch the news. I can see if I wanted the golf channel or tennis channel that you would have to pay extra. But, I don't even have one (1) movie channel and I still have to pay extra for FOX and CNN news.

Charles Festi

Upgraded my speed to 100 mbps. This should be plenty for multiple people to be streaming at once and for online gaming, but the internet always gets slower when more people are on it and online gaming is worthless unless you are home alone and even then it is sometimes slow. There are times when the internet just stops working as well and I have to reset the modem. It works good most of the time though.