Best Company Guarantee byte Logo

byte

8.8

sell See Special Offer chevron_right

LAST UPDATED: September 27th, 2022

Byte® is a clear aligner company that offers remote treatment to customers who need minimal to moderate dental alignment correction. In December of 2020, Byte was acquired by Dentsply Sirona, one of the largest dental equipment providers in the industry.

Created by world-renowned celebrity cosmetic dentist, Dr. Jon Marashi, Byte's Smile Science technology designs a personalized smile. The proprietary Byte Aligner System also includes HyperByte™. Byte's aligner plans with their exclusive HyperByte device offer fast results for a smile you'll love.

We believe customers can expect a positive experience when working with the Byte team and its customer support.

Keep reading our Byte review to learn more about the pros and cons of choosing Byte.

Go directly to Byte reviews

The Good

• Positive Byte Reviews
  • Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process
  • High Frequency Vibration Tool Included
  • Short Average Treatment Length
  • Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner
  • Payment Options
  • Byte-at-Night Option

Positive Byte Reviews

Of the 3,600+ Byte reviews on our site, an overwhelming majority of them are positive. Many customers mention excellent customer service from sales representatives and Byte’s orthodontists. Customers also mention that they’re very satisfied with their Byte treatment plan and overall smile results.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Sagar from Seattle, WA

"I had researched about a lot of teeth aligner companies and finally went with Byte because of its most number of positive reviews. And, I'd say that I'm very happy with my choice. I can really see the results. The gaps in my teeth are almost gone. Their team is very responsive and they regularly checked in with me about my progress. I'd surely recommend Byte to anyone."

*This includes some reviewers who received a free gift in exchange for their honest opinions.

Simple and Straightforward Treatment Process

Byte's invisible aligners are clear plastic devices custom made to fit your teeth. Over time, each clear aligner will gradually shift your teeth, so you have straighter teeth and a straighter smile.

Using the at-home impression kit, consumers will use a molding putty and trays to make the impression of their teeth, and then they'll send those teeth impressions back to Byte using the supplied free pre-paid shipping box.

The molds from the impression you send back will generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like, and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if they're a good candidate for an aligner treatment.

Byte’s aligners are designed to help people who need minor to moderate alignments. If you have crooked teeth, crowded teeth, or simply need a minor bite correction, Byte is an excellent option to get straight teeth.

If you're not a candidate for Byte, the company will refund you the full price of the Byte impression kit.

The molds are used to generate an interactive 3D model of what your teeth look like and what they will look like after treatment. Byte will then determine if you’re a good candidate for clear aligners.

The Byte team will also look at your pictures to decide on a plan that matches your facial structure. Byte evaluates your facial structure to help create your smile plan, using Smile Science. This is a detailed system created by Dr. Marashi who has worked with several well-known Hollywood stars. The Smile Science aims to ensure your smile looks symmetrical in comparison to your face.

You’ll have a chance to review the customized treatment plan and respond with any questions you may have.

Byte also guarantees your smile with the Byte for Life guarantee. That means that if your teeth move out of alignment after going through the Byte treatment, Byte will cover the cost to straighten them, no questions asked.

Not only do other companies charge customers for retainers to keep their teeth straight, but most companies also lack a lifetime guarantee.

Byte’s treatments are done without any office visits to a dentist or orthodontist, but customers should still see their dentist regularly to keep up with oral hygiene.

High Frequency Vibration Tool Included

The HyperByte device is the company's exclusive dental movement acceleration device. High frequency vibrations (HFV) uses soft micropulses that transmit through the roots of the teeth to the surrounding bone.

According to Byte, this type of therapy may reduce discomfort and better seat the aligners around the teeth. This may result in better aligner traction, more accurate teeth movement, and much faster treatment times.

Short Average Treatment Length

The clear aligner system is not only less expensive than traditional braces, but is often also faster. Though the duration of treatment will vary case-by-case as the treatment program depends on several factors, including the extent of the individual customer's alignment needs, Byte offers one of the quickest teeth straightening programs.

Consumers can also expect a faster treatment time if they're following Byte's recommended guidelines:

• Wear the Byte invisible aligners as much as possible — only taking them out to eat or drink
  • Use the aligners on both the lower and upper teeth
  • Order replacement aligners immediately if one gets lost or damaged
  • Switch aligners every week

Because of the company's HyperByte technology, customers typically finish the program in four-to-five months.

Free Retainers, Whitening, and Cleaner

Very few invisible aligner providers include the value that Byte does. Byte offers free retainers to customers. Other invisible braces companies charge up to $99 for a pair of retainers that last only six months.

Byte also includes a bottle of BrightByte 3-in-1 premium teeth whitening foam, breath freshener, and teeth aligner cleaner for free. Because teeth alignment requires customers to wear aligners all day, Byte wants to help customers have a whiter, brighter smile at the same time.

Byte recommends cleaning the aligners immediately after taking them out to prevent them from looking cloudy or discolored. However, Byte advises customers to clean the aligners with the BrightByte whitening gel that acts as a teeth whitener/foam cleanser and not to use other whitening products as they can damage the aligners.

Byte also offers free shipping both ways on all packages sent and received.

Payment Options

There are a few different payment options. Customers can pay the full cost upfront or they can choose a monthly financing option through bytepay™, Byte’s all-new 100 percent guaranteed approval rate payment plan with no credit checks.

• The one-time payment option is $1,895
  • The monthly option is an $82 monthly payment over 32 months — a $249 down payment is required

Unlike several other invisible aligner companies, Byte offers multiple financing options that are inclusive to all financial situations to get the best possible monthly payment. Or customers can finance their invisible aligners through Byte's financing partner, Affirm. Byte accepts all major debit and credit cards including Care Credit.

search

Highlight: Byte accepts multiple forms of payment, including dental insurance.

Customers can use their dental insurance, as well as their HSA or FSA debit card to pay for treatment.

Customers can also pay for their purchases with Splitit. Splitit is a global payment solution that allows shoppers to split the final cost into interest-free monthly payments. Currently, Byte offers 3 or 6-month payment options with Splitit. There is no application process with Splitit; customers receive instant approval using their existing debit/credit card level.

Byte-at-Night Option

Byte now offers a treatment plan in which customers only need to wear their aligners at night. This is a notable and exciting new offering, as many consumers don't love having to wear their aligners throughout the day, including having to take them out and clean them anytime they eat or drink anything besides water.

These at-night aligners are made with a grind-resistant polymer material and are slightly thicker than Byte's day-wear aligners. Consumers who go with this Byte-at-Night option will need to wear their nighttime aligners for a minimum of 10 continuous hours. This treatment plan also takes 2-3 months longer to complete compared to the all-day aligner plan. The at-night treatment plan is also slightly more expensive, costing a single payment of $2,295, or $99.56 per month (after a $449 deposit) if doing a monthly payment plan.

Byte now offers a military discount of $150 off for all active and retired military, along with discounts for first responders, and college students.

The Bad

Slightly Higher Prices

The entire in-home invisible aligners industry is much cheaper than traditional metal braces, but there are price fluctuations within the industry itself.

Though Byte's monthly payment plan and free products included in the overall package are advantageous, the company's prices are slightly higher than other companies in the invisible aligners industry.

However, the price difference may be inconsequential given the great financing options and additional value.

The Bottom Line

The Byte for Life guarantee ensures that customers will have a straight smile for the rest of their lives (conditions apply). While some companies will offer a 30-day guarantee, they usually only cover the impression kit. Byte includes retainers, cleaner, and whitening products in its overall price, a perk not seen in many other invisible aligner companies.

Additionally, Byte does not require a downpayment on its monthly financing option through Affirm. Customers can also choose a monthly financing option at 0 percent APR through Byte’s various financing partners.

Another attractive feature of Byte's service is its HyperByte® device with high frequency vibration (HFV) technology, which may help speed up tooth movement and ease discomfort;* this device is included free as part of the treatment. *Preliminary clinical studies of small groups of users have shown that daily recommended use of a high-frequency seating device functionally equivalent to HyperByte with clear aligners may have this effect. Individual results may vary.

Byte customer reviews praise Byte's customer service team and many customers are pleased with how easy the entire straightening process is with Byte. Customers were also happy with the variety of payment options. Being able to pay upfront, through an HSA or FSA account, or by financing, is a huge plus for many consumers.

While Byte has slightly higher prices than several other invisible braces companies, we recommend customers use Byte because of the quality and range of service it provides, as well as the value of the time savings and convenience of receiving clear aligner treatment from home.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

Wesley Andrew Holland Morehead, KY

The process and product was a bit cumbersome to get going but not too bad frankly. Treatment seemed to go pretty smoothly with encouraging early results. When the last set had finished moving my teeth however is when it became much more difficult. My teeth did not match the treatment plan despite their claims. The main reason I used byte was to fix one tooth, a front tooth. It was 90% of my concern so I paid very close attention to it. It is to this day still the biggest eyesore in my smile because I have attempted 3 times to play their "guarantee" game by submitting all info requested, jumping through multiple pages of hoops and documentation including fully reviewing the problem while providing all pictures necessary. No resolution, just ANOTHER request to resubmit everything again each time. I have accepted the fact that they are not going to honor their guarantee and that I have wasted almost 3k. Please consider another provider even if you need to pay a bit extra. I have full documentation of everything (correspondence, pictures, treatment plan vs actual results, and more) and they only continue to make me chase my tail. After almost 2yrs I've given up and willing to take the loss, don't do the same thing.

Reply from byte

Hello Wesley, thank you for leaving this feedback we understand your frustration and always want to work our best on improving our customer experience. We do offer our Aligner Guarantee which will provide any customer with additional adjustments to ensure we get them to the projected end results free of costs as long as they have been complaint with the guarantee guidelines. Please note that since this is a remote treatment we do rely on photos to review the progress and the fit of the aligners. However, we will be happy to look further into your concerns and get this addressed. Please give us a call at 866-765-2327 or send us an email at patient.byte.com/support. We are standing by for support!

Aug. 16th, 2022

Richard DeMartino Pittsford, NY

The people I spoke to were nice enough and customer focused, but many were not well trained well. There were catch phases that they were taught, such as "there were air pockets, it happens" . They all used the same words, but couldn't articulate any insight. The insurance department messed up with their assessment if my insurance company would pay for the services. When I inquired about the problem, they went dark for several months. Later, after I called 2 or 3 times to humans, they responded. They made a mistake, and my insurance company would not pay. Byte then credited me this money (which was quite nice). But despite this, I should not had to work so hard to address the issue. No one called me back and I had to keep on calling. The biggest challenge with your service is that it doesn't work very well. I makes your teeth straighter, but not remotely straight. The view finder you provide is not accurate.

Reply from byte

Hi Richard. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Apr. 1st, 2022

Ann Chicago, IL

While my teeth are certainly more straight, there have been multiple issues with the process. First, my results are not what I wanted. I said in the initial form that I wanted my teeth to be flat. They are not. One tooth sticks up quite clearly. We have spent an extra 2 months trying to fix the issue but it is still not resolved. Second, I picked Byte because of good reviews for personal, efficient customer service. My experience has not lived up to that. I have had to email multiple times and call in order to get a good response. Too much of their process is automated and several times I've gotten incorrect, form emails. I've spent hours trying to get things addressed. It's absolutely unhelpful to have a process like that. Third, my process has taken nearly 3 times as long as it was supposed to. It is also much more difficult to get 22 hours a day and to keep the retainers clean. They provided one month of retainer cleaner for what's now a 9-month process. The retainers get gross, even with proper care and meticulous cleaning. I would not recommend this company until they make some changes, including updating their customer service to be less automated and including cleaner in the package.

Reply from byte

Hi Ann, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Our team should be sending you check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. If you haven't been seeing those emails, let's check that out right away. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Mar. 31st, 2022

Brooke Redburn El Dorado Springs, MO

Still not my best experience with Byte because they won’t give me my money back. However, the last review that I did, they contacted me to see what was going on. I have a huge gap between my teeth because my adult tooth grew incorrectly so the aligners aren’t helping with that, and Byte said I may need to go to a dentist to get the excess gum cut out. I don’t have dental insurance so that’s not going to happen anytime soon, which means my aligners aren’t working at all. I kind of wish that they would mention to their customers before they go through with the process of getting aligners that if they have a huge gap, it might not get fixed. I just hate how I’m essentially wasting my money for the aligners that don’t work, but it’s nice to know that this will be something that I won’t ever get again/tell people to get it.

Reply from byte

Hi there, we want to look into this as soon as possible. Please send us a message via Facebook or call us at 877-298-3669 for immediate assistance.

Mar. 9th, 2022

Diana L Dotson Independence, KY

My top teeth were not moving per the treatment plan. I expressed my concern at 6 mos . Was asked to send all angles of photos and explain the issue. 6 weeks later , I finally get what I think will be new top aligners to fix the problem. They did not. In fact I was sent only 3 new aligners for the top that none felt any different than what I had been wearing for the last 6 weeks. Once again, had to express my dissatisfaction, had to complete another evaluation, and send more photos . As if they keep no records on your progress. Now after another 6 weeks in the same top aligner (#29) and still no movement) byte has manufactured new top and bottom aligners that I should have in 2 weeks. It has been very frustrating. The cleaning foam is $30 and you will need a bottle per month .

Reply from byte

Hi Diana, we appreciate your feedback and want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Everyone's teeth anatomy is different and sometimes teeth are more stubborn than anticipated. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at [email protected], through Facebook messenger or through phone at 877-298-3669, so that we can further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

jacque babb Littleton, CO

It was very frustrating to communicate only through email for most of the experience and to repeatedly be asked to take and submit several photos to be evaluated. Video calls would be MUCH more efficient and effective.

Reply from byte

Hi Jacque, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. We do offer video calls with our Clinical Team as an option for support, please send us an email at: patient.byte.com/support for further assistance! We are standing by for support.

Jul. 12th, 2022

Patricia San Francisco, CA

If something goes wrong with your treatment, it's impossible to get a quick answer. They never said I was missing a set of aligners until super late in the treatment and they would refuse to send the retainers and everything else I was missing from the treatment until I uploaded pictures. Uploading pictures does nothing to adjust your treatment. They tell you to go back to previous aligners and spend more days there. I got ok results, and I didn't think I had a big issue to solve. Not worth it, especially for the pain it was to get anything from them.

Reply from byte

Hi Patricia! Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. Byte provides a Professional Care Team check-in via our account center to provide each customer with their next steps if they are concerned with the progress of treatment. Additional aligners may be available, as well as an adjustment to treatment to ensure we can provide the desired outcome.We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Mar. 28th, 2022

Diana Renstrom Shirley, MA

I have been using the Aligners for 10 months and I'm on my second set. After #12 of my first set of Aligners, I was told I had to start all over again, because apparently they did not work. Now I'm on my second set of Aligners. Needless to say, it was supposed to be 6 month to complete the process, it's been 10 and I'm on Aligners #10. I see some, but very little progress, considering that I follow the plan as suggested by Byte.

Reply from byte

We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Christi Macaluso Boynton Beach, FL

Maybe Byte regular is better, but Byte overnight really does seem to be a "too good to be true" scenario. I'm currently in round 2, going through entire treatment again, based on their expert's recommendations, because it didn't work, but of course they won't give you your money back unless you do everything they tell you. So I'm still following their instructions, but as of yet, to no avail.

Reply from byte

Hi Christi, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Javier Espinoza

It did not work for me to close the gap on my lower incisors, it actually made my teeth loose to the point my dentist said I will lose them eventually since they were lose that can be rocked back and forth.

Reply from byte

Byte is fit for mild to moderate cases. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. Please give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 so that we can look into this further, we're standing by for support.

Leah Love Kenner, LA

It was sold to me as only requiring me to wear one on the bottom. That's all that needs straightening. I wore those for 15 weeks before them saying they weren't working and that I would have to do a new set and that I have to wear the top ones. I asked if I could switch to night only since I had been wearing the SO long already and that was a "no". Now, since I've lost ONE of my aligners, after having over 40 of them, they want me to pay $139 to replace it. So, I am pretty close to a 1 star review. I have given up at this point.

Ashlee Halladey Hayden, ID

I wore my aligners almost 25/7 for 10-14 days for each tray... I don't know if my teeth are just stubborn or what, but there was VERY minimal change in the alignment of my teeth even after wearing 13 of the aligners. I also got craze lines on all of my front teeth. After reaching out to support and uploading more pix, I was told to go back a few trays because there was airpockets. I continued this process for a few more months before giving up on seeing any results. I was trying to avoid metal braces, but I think it will be worth the time and money to go that route.

Reply from byte

Hello Ashlee, our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We want to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. If there are any concerns regarding the progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile quickly and safely. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 to further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Eleanor Sundwall Salt Lake City, UT

The customer service is good but the trays were designed in a way that shaped my teeth to appear straight but they don't fit together in my mouth. The results are very VERY uncomfortable and unnatural feeling. I use the top tray to keep my upper teeth aligned but I have had to let my bottom teeth do their own thing if I want to bar able to eat or feel comfortable. Extremely disappointing for the money.

Reply from byte

We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. If any questions arise regarding the fit of aligners, that is where our Professional Care Team comes in. They are able to advise as well as make any necessary adjustments to treatment plans. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. We would also recommend giving our team a call at 877-298-3669 for immediate assistance.

Julie McCarthy Alexandria, VA

The product itself is good but it is incredibly difficult to get support. I have provided pictures and a description of my issue three separate times now. I brought this up to the customer support team via email when I was asked to provide it again after the second time. There are significant issues with how these records are being collected an kept.

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist.

Ken Corr North Troy, VT

When I was looking into Byte to fix my teeth, all I saw was a bunch of people with problems on the upper and lower teeth. My problem teeth look just like may of the models shown in Byte advertisement, but they try and tell me they could only provide the treatment plan I was given. Thats BS. I was in need of fixing both upper and lower, and assumed they would straighten both the upper and lower teeth for the price tag of $2200. They contacted me several times to get me to sign up, and I finnally did, paying in full up front. Then I get my kit in the mail only to find the treatment given for me was to fix only my upper front 4 teeth. I would have never signed up for this at $2200 to fix only 4 dam teeth! This is a scam and BS company. Im sure this will never even get to be read by anyone, but it feels good to say it anyway.

Reply from byte

Hi Ken, thank you for your feedback. We would be happy to provide any clarification on this. Before a customer purchases, they are able to view and approve their unique treatment plan. If there are any questions or concerns, our team is here to help! We would be happy to discuss your specific situation and go over the best next steps. Please give us a call at 877-298-3669

Quesssadde Johnson Warwick, RI

I had a lot of bleeding in my gums and when i contacted the company they didn't really help me. I sent multiple pictures of how my teeth looked with the bleeding and they still did nothing. My teeth did shift but not completely straight how I wanted. So overall a 2 seems like the correct rating for byte.

Reply from byte

Hello Quesssadde, we want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Our team should be sending you check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. If you haven't been seeing those emails, let's check that out right away.Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Apr. 1st, 2022

Julie Montgomery Smyrna, GA

The customer service was good at the start. However, my teeth never got to the promised end state even after two rounds of aligners, and I was a fully compliant patient. No one followed up with me on progress during my second set of aligners which was surprising and disappointing.

Reply from byte

Hi there. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Azalea Price Oakland, CA

I tried contacting through text multiple times and never got a response. They've reached out through email, yet I never got the answer I was looking for. My teeth were not to my satisfaction and I still had to end up getting braces in the end.

John San Diego, CA

The follow up procedure was tricky. When I asked for support, I would get different representatives contact me and ask me for pictures over and over again. The team was not on the same page. I would get different treatment plans.

Reply from byte

Hi John, Hi there, we appreciate your feedback and want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 to further address any concerns you are experiencing.

Larry Aguirre Willits, CA

My progress has been much slower than advertised. So far it has not really worked. I am still on my first 15 sets of retainers. I was told to repeat the treatment and almost done with the second repeat. I am coming up to almost a year now but have still not given up hope. I am glad that you all keep checking in.

Reply from byte

Larry, thank you for sharing- we understand the frustration of having to extend treatment. Each customer's dental health and safety is number one, so we want to make sure to get to those results in the safest way possible. When questions arise, we are here to help. Please reach out anytime through our Contact Us page. We are ready to support!

Jeff Mccann Roswell, GA

This was a lot of work. I experienced jaw pains. And when at 16 weeks they told me I needed to go back to earlier mouthpieces, even though I had followed the directions well up til then, and asked me to self-diagnose my alignment, I gave up.

Reply from byte

Hi Beth. During all orthodontic treatment, it is normal to be experiencing some discomfort as your teeth are moving into place. Our HyperByte is here to help ease some of that discomfort, but if you find that you are experiencing a lot of pain we want to get our professional care team looped in just to make sure things are going okay. Give us a call at 877-298-3669 or shoot us an email at [email protected] and a Byte team member will take care of you!

Keisha West Point, MS

My teeth don't look much different. There was minimal discomfort. I wouldn't recommend. I'd see about others and compare. I've had mental braces and it wasn't the best either. I didn't want to go through that again. However, it might be what I have to do. My bottom teeth have not been corrected.

Reply from byte

We want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. If any questions arise regarding the fit of aligners, that is where our Professional Care Team comes in. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Each customer has the option to schedule a phone or video call through their customer portal with our Professional Care Team. We would also recommend giving our team a call at 877-298-3669 for immediate assistance.

Laura Chaitovitz Cope Rockville, MD

Have had issues and then they sent a complete new set when I had already completed my uppers and lowers to start which moved my teeth all different and they did not keep my upper few teeth that were moved back into alignment now new set the moved back out. I need to speak with someone for follow up! No retainers nothing

Reply from byte

Hello Laura, we appreciate your feedback and want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. If there are any concerns regarding the progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. We would love to take a deeper look into this. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 so that we can further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Kelly Valencia Orlando, FL

I feel like I keep being asked for feedback but I'm not being heard. I don't feel like my teeth are moving in the way laid out in the plan. This was really expensive for me and I had hoped for better results, or a better plan to correct what might not be going as planned.

Reply from byte

Kelly, we hear your concerns an would love to look into this further to provide the best solution- please send us a DM over Facebook or Instagram.

Stephanie Nelson Keysville, VA

Good the start, customer service great during the buying process, but the aligners didn't work great and the process of trying to resolve and fix that was a NIGHTMARE. Basically, I was supposed to be done in 8 weeks, and now, almost a year later, my teeth are STRAIGHTER, but NOT STRAIGHT like they should be.

Reply from byte

Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Kella Woodburn, OR

They offer their customers free products for good reviews. That's why they are rated so high. My experience was good at first but only expect half of the results they show you. My teeth turned out cute but not perfect like they show, and customers service tells you it's your fault you didn't send them more pictures?

Meredith Windham Aiken, SC

I have has great difficulty reaching someone to help with my fit issues. I have yet to receive my second round of aligners and am still paying for full treatment. I am not happy right now and have little faith this will ever finish. Should have just done the old fashioned braces after all.

Melanie Grantsville, UT

It took over 3 months to get started on treatment because of time between issues I tried to get resolved. Customer service was excellent before I paid, but as soon as they had my money, it takes between 3-7 days before anyone responds to any questions.

Reply from byte

Hi there Melanie, thank you so much for your feedback. We are constantly working to improve out customer experience. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at [email protected], through Facebook messenger or through phone at 877-298-3669, so that we can further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Anna Kiefer San Luis Obispo, CA

This is my honest experience using Byte. I wanted a cheaper, more user friendly alternative to Invisalign, where I could straighten my teeth from the comfort of my home. I purchased Byte, did the teeth imprinting model (a bit uncomfortable, but fine overall), and received my At-Night aligners. Side note, the Byte customer sales reps are super friendly, if too pushy (one texted me nearly every day), but don't be fooled - once you purchase the product, you never hear from them again. So, my Byte aligners arrived. The first time I wore them, I could not remove them the next day. It was quite a scary experience. What had I just done?? I called one of the Byte customer folks (a dentist? try again) who assured me she would escalate my case. I didn't receive a call from anyone for hours. Later that evening, someone emailed me. Emailed me?? That is escalating my case?? Eventually I managed to gargle with hot water and use a plastic glove to remove them. A horrible experience. Even then, I thought oh, I'll keep going. I paid for the full aligners anyways. So I did. It's been over 5 months, and I am still using the aligners. The "two week" switch from one set of aligners to the next is complete bogus. They don't know how fast your teeth will move. At first, I was using the vibration device every day diligently. After nearly two months of this, I stopped. It wasn't worth the inconvenience, to me, and didn't seem to speed the teeth moving process along. Fast forward 5 months (yes, much longer than the projected time of wearing them), and I am still on aligner 9 for my lower teeth. My bottom teeth look MORE crowded than before, with the front bottom tooth overlapping the one next to it. You can bet I'm upset at this point. But, talking to an actual Byte dentist is impossible. I emailed several times, only to be emailed back with asking for more photos of my teeth, and to continue wearing my aligners diligently!! EYE ROLL. Speaking to an actual person is apparently outside their business model. All in all, I am still wearing the aligners, with no end in site. Would I recommend Byte? Absolutely not. Do yourself a favor and use Invisalign, where you get actual feedback from doctors and they have accountability. NOT WORTH THE PRICE, OR FRUSTRATION.

Reply from byte

Hello Anna. At Byte, we know how important communication is and we always strive to be open and transparent. Our team should be sending check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. Customers can also schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. If you haven't been seeing those emails, let's check that out right away. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

May. 6th, 2022

Meghan Wernecke Lutherville-Timonium, MD

my treatment time has more than doubled for top and bottom. Customer service is very slow, you have to sit in limbo for several days wearing misfitting aligners unsure of next steps while you wait for a response. Too much pass around/movement between customer service reps so you always have to re-explain yourself. I don't have much confidence in the byte team at this time and i am concerned about my treatment

Reply from byte

Hi there, we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout their whole Byte journey. If at any time you are unable to connect with our team, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message through Facebook and our team would be happy to assist. Let's get you that smile you deserve!

Natasha Dandavati San Francisco, CA

While the process of doing the molds and the customer service through the purchase was good, I found that the top aligner from my first set does not fit properly at all. While Byte support was responsive and suggested I trim the aligner, which I did, this has not actually solved the issue, and I don't feel confident that the aligner is working as it should and have no way of verifying this with a dental professional.

Reply from byte

Hi there, when aligners are not fitting snug, we ask that our customers reach out right away so that our Professional Care Team can look into this and determine the best next steps. We want to do everything we can to get each customer to their new smile in the safest way possible. We would be happy to connect you to our team to assist with any concerns you may have regarding your specific situation. Please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or email us at [email protected] Let's work together to get this resolved:)

A.M Diamond, MO

I haven't seen good results. My teeth haven't moved yet. I was on week 5 for almost a month and a half and had to switch back to week three. I'm worried I'm going to be paying two grand for nothing, it's not like I can get my money back if it doesn't work out. The only positive thing I have to say at this moment is their customer service is great.

Reply from byte

Hi there. We are sorry to hear you are not seeing your desired results yet. Our goal is to give everyone the smile of their dreams and our team will do all we can to get you there. We are happy to hear that our customer care team has been able to help you through this journey and we want to make sure you know we are here for you every step of the way. Please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us an email to [email protected] and let's get you on track towards your dream smile!

Oct. 30th, 2021

Stephanie Gabrys Jensen Beach, FL

My advisor never gets back to me! And by the time they get back to me it's 2 weeks later and I'm already on my next step aligners and then have to back track 2 steps when they get back to me.. I feel like no one looks at my progress pictures too.. bc my aligners havnt for properly since step 1 and I didn't know until I had to reach out by phone and ask about the gapping

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Shannon Monmouth, IL

I'm only on week 5 and had my aligner at least 8 or 9 weeks my dog got ahold of the byte vibration thing which I believe is what helps align your teeth but the dog got ahold of it and when I got in touch with byte about it they said it would cost me 296 dollars for a new one I had just spent all the money I had on aligners like I had another 300 dollars to spend i couldn't afford that price they said you'll just have to wear the aligners for a longer period of time because there super comfortable to wear not.

Reply from byte

Hi there, we are sorry to hear that your dog got ahold of the HyperByte. We understand how frustrating it is to hear that a treatment may have to be extended. We do provide just one included HyperByte with treatment. It is important for us to get each customer to their dream smile, so if a HyperByte breaks, our team is here to go over every option. If you have any questions, or would like further clarification, please give us a call at 877-298-3669.

Nov. 2nd, 2021

Elisa Chicago, IL

I was really excited about the treatment and product but I got disappointed very quickly. Very aggressive sales strategies but until now my teeth didn't make an progress. I was very surprised that nobody was in touch with me basically after I payed. I had to reach out to the professional care team. They were really nice and helpful, yet I have to wear my !!night!! aligners now also during the day.

Reply from byte

Hi there, we are glad to hear you were able to get in contact with our Professional Care Team. Once treatment has started, our team sends out check-in emails every 2 weeks to make sure everything is progressing as projected. Those emails can sometimes get stuck in a junk or spam folder. For any questions or concerns regarding this, please reach out at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a call back.

Oct. 19th, 2021

notmyrealname Fredericksburg, VA

1/20/2021 I decided to reduce this from four stars to two because three months later I'm still dealing with the same issue, and each person I talk to seems clueless about the history. I've been transferred to the professional care team twice and keep getting told to submit tickets through the website for the exact same issue. If I reply to the email chain, I get an auto reply telling me to go to the website. If you go to the website first to get support, it says to email [email protected], but if you email that address, an auto reply tells you to go to the website to create a ticket, so that they can reply by email. But if you reply to their email after an unspecified period of time, an auto reply tells you to go to the website to create a ticket. Each email reply takes several days at best, or you can call the phone number and wait on hold, and then wait while the next person reads through the file, asks again what you want, and tells you to send more pictures of the thing that you already sent pictures of. I'm seven months into my four-month program and I have no idea when it's going to end, because not one person has actually addressed the one thing I've been trying to get help with for three months. 09/27/2021 They're better at generating new business than supporting existing customers. When I first ordered my impression kit, I was contacted regularly until I finally decided to order the aligners. Now I'm on the last step of the plan, but when I emailed support to say that something didn't feel right, I got an auto-reply saying that responses could take 5-7 days, and that they were trying to rectify that. With my initial email, I sent pictures, an explanation of the issue, and where I am in the process. When I finally got a human response, they asked for the same information I already sent. I replied with the information again, and now it's been another week and I'm waiting for a reply. I was pretty happy with everything, until I needed something after they already had my money.

Oct. 20th, 2021

Lindsay Pelham, AL

My experience with Byte started off strong before I actually signed up. I was able to get someone on the phone at almost any time and they were totally open to answering my questions and hearing my concerns. Once I became a member, it was basically like - "ok we have your money now - goodbye quality customer service!" It's so hard to get anyone to respond. If by chance you do get someone to respond - it's a different person than who you had just spoken with - so you have the pleasure of explaining your concerns all over again. I have also learned that every answer they give is basically an auto-reply. They have a 'one-size-fits-all' kind of service, rather than being able to offer help for specific questions. If you think your teeth are moving improperly - "sometimes we do have to move teeth into unfavorable positions as we work towards the projected end goal". If you question that they say "I would like for you try again starting with week #1 for next 7 days using your Hyperbyte 20-25 minutes daily". So, there you go - I just gave you most of the answers they are going to provide! All of this to say - just go see an actual orthodontist that can truly help, can answer your questions, and actually get you to the goals you had in mind.

Reply from byte

Hi there, during treatment, every customer not only has the support of our Customer Care team but also the support of our licensed Professional Care Team. For any concerns with treatment or with the customer experience, we are happy to connect our customers with the best point of contact to address those concerns. For immediate assistance, please give us a call at 877-298-3669 or send us a direct message on Facebook if you are not hearing back from [email protected]

Aug. 18th, 2021

Diane Bolger Jonesborough, TN

Your expectation of your customers to send you accurate impressions and dental histories is absurd and unprofessional. You should arrange to get the impressions by local professionals and dental histories and x-rays from the customers' dentists. Your failure to do so demonstrates your ack of professionalism. Your customer service is appalling. No matter how many times I contacted you for assistance with some step I did not understand or could not do because of my ignorance of computes, you just sent me the same stupid requests over and over. Dealing with you has been a frustrating and, so far disastrous waste of time and money. I will never recommend you to anyone.

Reply from byte

At Byte safety is our number one priority! Rest assured, your treatment is doctor-directed from start to finish. We have a network of nationwide duly licensed dentists and orthodontists. Our orthodontists and dentists follow the same Standards of Care that their peers utilize in the states they are licensed in. They are regulated by the same dental boards as traditional orthodontic practices, and as such, the same principles and processes are utilized by the affiliated doctors. These standards of care guide the doctors when treating our customers. We want to make sure all your questions and concerns are being addressed. Please give us a call at 877-298-3669 and a Byte team member will take care of you!

Aug. 10th, 2021

Ashley Jersey City, NJ

I am quite disappointed with my Byte experience. Only 2 of the first 4 weeks of aligners fit properly and now I am stuck on week 3 aligners while I wait for them to make new ones for me, thus delaying my treatment for over a month now. It is really hard to get a hold of the professional care team to resolve any issues. Before I started they communicated with me almost too much to the point where it felt salesy...then once I paid all that communication disappeared and I felt like nobody cared to check in on me or address my issues in a timely matter. I really hope they step it up and my new refinement aligners actually fit me...otherwise who knows how long it will actually take to get my treatment completed

Reply from byte

Hi Ashley. We want to make sure that throughout this whole process you feel comfortable and supported each step of the way. Our team is here to address your concerns and make sure all your questions are being answered. For the quickest response, please reach out via phone call at 877-298-3669 during normal business hours MST Monday-Sunday and our team would be happy to assist! If none of our representatives are available, please select the callback option so the next available representative can give you a callback.

Aug. 9th, 2021

Jacquelyn Fowler Hartman, AR

I am currently on my third set of refinement aligners. So the process has had many “bumps” in the road. The aligners are not always a perfect snug fit and communication as well as getting refinement aligners is a lengthy process. I also feel like they do not give you all the information you need at first. For example, when I first got my aligners I felt like they did not fit properly. I reached out to customer service they assured me they were fitting 3 after reviewing my pictures. By the end of the treatment my teeth were still very crooked. It wasn’t until my second finished treatment and no movement of teeth that I got an email from a dentist that said my aligners should have no visible space or gap between them and my teeth. In other words they needed to fit flush with my teeth. (My original concern!) They proceeded to say that you need to wear your aligners until they do fit flush (contrary to the standard no earlier than 7 days as instructed on their site and info packet). I still fear my bottom teeth will not straighten.. however my top teeth are looking much better. It’s just things like that have bothered me. Another example, I got my new set of aligners and the bottom ones were missing a huge piece of aligners. I’m assuming this was hopefully intentional, but there was no note or indication of an explanation. It’s two days now and I still have not heard back.

Reply from byte

We appreciate any and all feedback comes our way- We're sorry to hear this experience hasn't been as smooth as it should be! We are always looking to improve the experience, and while we understand it's different for everyone, consistency remains key. We are happy to hear you're seeing some improvement, and we'd love to make sure you have as much accurate information as possible to get you to that final step if you'd like to follow up via support. Thank you for your review, and we're looking forward to getting you to your final step!

Feb. 11th, 2021

Vennessa Johnson Irwin, PA

My aligners didn't fit properly and I didn't know until the very end when I had to send photos because I was unsatisfied. Then I was to get a new set of aligners to correct my problems after doing new molds. Unfortunately, that whole process took way too long and my last aligners ended up breaking from wearing them so long. I received my retainer and that didn't fit at all! I emailed about it, but I was to send all kinds of photos and go through the process again. I'm so disappointed and feel like I wasted my money. Smart on your part to make sure someone is "completely satisfied" before getting their retainers. If your process was a little faster for People that already have aligners and need an adjustment, I wouldn't of been as dissatisfied. Communication throughout the process with regular check ins would've been great too, because maybe the fact my aligners didn't fit properly could've been known earlier in the process.

Reply from byte

Oh no! We're sorry to hear this has been your experience so far, and we want to make sure your experience is turned around. Let's chat more about your feedback. Send us a message to [email protected] and we'll take care of you.

Feb. 11th, 2021

Michaela Desroche

My teeth did not shift according to the treatment plan after 7/8 weeks (retainers were fitting over my teeth but not moving them from being crossed). I was sent new impressions and sent them back about a month ago but have not heard back about a new phone pan or impressions. At this point, I've continued wearing the last retainers that fit (#7) for 5 weeks, 4 weeks longer than my plan was supposed to be. At first I was very excited about my plan, the projected results, and the value. I talked it up to my sister who had her permanent retainer removed so she could start her plan with byte. At this point, I regret telling her about it and just hope she has a better experience than I am having.

Reply from byte

Hi Michaela! We would love to look into this further for you and to get you back on track. Please note that once the impressions are sent back to us, it takes a little over 4 weeks to receive your next steps for aligners, so you may be on track and not even know it! Send us an email- we're happy to update you promptly!

Oct. 20th, 2020

George Dibble

I reached out to them 1 week prior to my final fitting expressing my concern about tooth movement and how I was unhappy with the way my bottom row was forming. Essentially, I went to them because one tooth had been pushed to the rear over time. While I understand my teeth may not end up perfect, what ended up happening was the complete opposite. The problematic tooth began to move forward, and instead, the aligner did not compensate for the tooth moving forward in the correction and instead simply moved a completely separate tooth forward. So now I have the opposite problem. I reached out, expressed my concerns. After sending a photo, the "orthodontist" deemed the issue okay because the teeth were still moving. Well I am well over a month past wearing my final aligners and my frustration remains along with a big bill for crooked teeth. You're asking for a review, well my "final" set of lower aligners that were sent, were molded so poorly that I had to take a dremel to correct the mold. Simply closing my mouth with my lower aligners in rubbed my lower inside lip red. They do provide you with a "nail file" to correct "sharp edges". That file rendered useless after 20 minutes of constant filing on these aligners. I'm paying over 2K for these, I should not have to manually shape them for comfort!

Jt

The process is hard to maintain. I had a horrible lisp. The checking were few and far between. It's not worth the price. I'm still paying for it although I discontinued my use of them.

Reply from byte

JT , we highly appreciate your feedback and want to reassure you that we are constantly looking for ways to improve and take these things very seriously. If you happen to have any other concerns or additional questions please do not hesitate to reach out via our social platforms such as Instagram and Facebook DMs- We are standing by for support!

Apr. 12th, 2022

Carolyn Holt Des Moines, IA

It didn't do the job I was promised. My teeth did not change much and then after I completed within a month my teeth were right back to the way before. Was not at all happy with the results.

Reply from byte

Hi Carolyn, we want to make sure each customer is getting to their new smile in the safest and best way possible. Sometimes teeth are more stubborn than we expected and take longer to move. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Mar. 31st, 2022

Brigitte Spears Fairbanks, AK

Because I'm stuck with a $2000 bill and my teeth are still exactly the samw. I am so very disappointed and upset I don't even use them anymore and I'm paying a muffler bill for nothing!!!!!! my bike doesn't even work

Reply from byte

Hi Brigitte, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Eric brazel Fort Collins, CO

I've had issues with my aligner since the beginning. The first aligner didn't fit. Then my aligners had to be redone. I got those aligners and have used them and they're still not doing anything to my teeth.

Reply from byte

Hello Eric! Our goal is to make sure that our customers have an enjoyable experience through every part of the process. If there are any concerns regarding progression or quality of the aligners, our Professional Care Team is here to help. Customers can schedule a phone or video conference at any point during treatment through their customer portal. We recommend this if there are any lasting questions or concerns. It is important to us to get every customer to their new smile in a quick and safe way. Please reach out to us at [email protected] or give our team a call at (877) 298-3669 to further address any concerns you are experiencing. We look forward to connecting.

Mar. 28th, 2022

LATISHA HART Portland, OR

no contact from the byte team, emails stating calls would be coming to check-in but nothing received. my tx has all been self paced since you can't ever get a live person on the line timely

Reply from byte

Hi Latisha, we are always looking for ways to improve the customer experience so we appreciate you taking the time to leave this feedback. We want every customer to feel supported throughout the whole Byte journey. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!

Adrienne Harbarger Oak Park, IL

Customer service is awful!!! Treatment took 3 times as long as advertised. Been wearing aligners for almost a year and I'm still not done. Too much waiting to get in touch with a professional.

Cherylin Pauly Buffalo, NY

I did not have success with the Byte at Night. When my aligners weren't working, it took over a week to get a response. They did send another set but again they did not work. I was told I could not get a refund.

Reply from byte

Hi Cherylin, Hi there, we want to do everything to ensure each customer progresses well and feels supported through each step. It's important to make sure that we can address these concerns and do what we can to help as soon as possible. We would love to look into this further and chat more about your questions and concerns. Our team is available to speak via phone call at (877) 298-3669 Monday-Sunday, 8 AM-6 PM MST. Please give us a call and let's make sure you are being taken care of!