Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

MyIDCare

verified
$100 Guarantee
MyIDCare has been providing identity theft services since 2003

MyIDCare, a subsidiary of ID Experts, has provided top-level identity theft protection since 2003. The Portland, Oregon-based company offers software and services focused on monitoring, protecting, and resolving identity theft to both individuals, families, as well as businesses and government organizations.

MyIDCare provides monitoring solutions that protect its customers against nine types of identity theft (child, medical, social security number, criminal, financial, employment, driver's license, insurance, and synthetic). As part of its promise to protect customers against identity theft, MyIDCare offers a 100 percent recovery/money-back guarantee. The company also provides up to $1 million in reimbursement insurance, unlimited help from a certified expert, a dedicated recovery specialist, credit monitoring, and much more.

The Good

• Competitive Pricing
  • Comprehensive Services
  • $1 Million Insurance
  • Recovery Guarantee

Competitive Pricing

MyIDCare offers a wide range of identity protection services at competitive prices. Customers can opt for a single sign-on individual plan, which is priced at $9.95 per month, or a family plan, which is priced at $19.95 per month. The family plan covers two adults completely (credit monitoring, CyberScan, $1 million in insurance, and access to experts/recovery superheroes are included) and up to five minor dependents can receive coverage as well (CyberScan monitoring, up to $1 million in reimbursements, and recovery services are included).

In comparison to other companies in the identity theft protection industry, MyIDCare has fair pricing for its services. MyIDCare also offers expanded individual and family plans that include credit monitoring and reports from all three credit bureaus, among other innovative features, at $19.95 per month and $39.95 per month, respectively.

Comprehensive Services

MyIDCare's plans cover a wide range of monitoring services, including credit monitoring (works with credit bureaus to monitor credit reports and credit scores) cyber (dark web) monitoring, public records monitoring, as well as a proactive feature to check for compromised passwords. Both the individual and family plans provide credit monitoring, alerts, CyberScan monitoring, complete recovery assistance, access to an online resource center, customer service help, fraud alerts, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

MyIDCare services monitor nine different types of identity theft, including medical, social security, child, criminal, financial, synthetic, employment, insurance, and driver's license. MyIDCare also provides data breach identity protection and strives to educate customers on credit card monitoring versus MyIDCare monitoring, information about credit freezes, recovery options, etc.

$1 Million Insurance

This identity protection company, like many other companies in the industry, offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance to customers. According to the company's website, this insurance is designed to "provide reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses related to addressing the restoration of your identity."

It also includes coverage for reimbursement of electronically stolen funds. In addition to insurance, MyIDCare provides customers with access to Recovery Superheroes who are certified identity theft risk management specialists. These specialists will use the limited power of attorney to help customers recover their identity.

Recovery Guarantee

The company has an official refund policy in place for customers who do not obtain 100 percent recovery from MyIDCare's services. According to the MyIDCare website, the company will "refund up to one year of fees" that customers have paid towards MyIDCare restoration services only if the company fails to remove all adverse matters (within one year of the identity theft event) on the customer's record. In order to receive the refund, the customer would have had to follow the proper procedures that MyIDCare provides for reporting the identity theft event and would have already been enrolled in MyIDCare services.

The Bad

• Does Not Provide 24/7 Service
  • No Antivirus Software Provided

Does Not Provide 24/7 Service

MyIDCare's team does not operate on a 24/7 basis. The company's hours are limited to 11 hours per day on a Monday-through-Friday schedule. Although the company does employ certified experts and strives to provide reliable customer service, the lack of a 24/7 operation may limit prompt responses to customer questions and concerns.

No Antivirus Software Provided

MyIDCare doesn't seem to provide any type of antivirus software or protection against a ransomware attack. Many other identity protection companies offer antivirus software and other protection for customers' personal computers and devices. Unfortunately, since MyIDCare does not provide this type of software, customers must find and purchase the software on their own to ensure further identity protection as well as personal cybersecurity.

The Bottom Line

MyIDCare offers a wide range of monitoring services, recovery and restoration services, and identity protection services including data breach protection and fraud alert services at competitive prices. The company provides certified identity theft risk management specialists (Recovery Superheroes) to help victims make a full recovery from a theft event. MyIDCare has a set 100 percent recovery guarantee for customers who do not fully recover.

The company also offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance which covers out-of-pocket expenses such as lost wages, legal fees, private investigators (for background investigations), and stolen funds. Unfortunately, MyIDCare does not provide around-the-clock customer services and does not seem to provide any antivirus software that would help protect customers from threats like a ransomware attack. Although this company does have some negative aspects, it is still a top-rated, highly recommended company that offers trustworthy protection services.

4.1

DianeHandley
January 30th, 2018 DETAILS

The rep I experienced was very helpful and made me feel safe. She answered my questions with ease and patience. I was able to understand her English.

craig boldman
January 30th, 2018 Winterset, IA

Rep. was very diligent and helpful with my questions

Cynthia Ruth Neal
January 29th, 2018 Macomb, MI

Very helpful and answered all concerning questions.

Richard j. Schmidt
January 29th, 2018 Oklahoma City, OK

Just enrolled last night and the agent John Ingram was very helpful at explaining how the service works , got us set up. He was very polite and eager to help, should we have any problems in the future.

June
January 26th, 2018 Washington, DC

Alex was very professional, extremely helpful and knowledgeable. He took time to make sure that every detail was covered and I understood the totality of what your company offers under the plan that my husband has. I want to than Alex for his superior customer service and let you know that it was a pleasure to have him service my needs.

Michael Allen
January 25th, 2018 Portland, OR DETAILS

I wanted a mental assurance that I have something protecting all of my different assets. When I talk to them and when I need anything, I get answers back in plain English rather than very technical. They seem very up-to-date on all of the things that we need to be concerned about. Since I started with them I've had to make one call asking if I had a particular account added. They were quick to respond that they've got it covered, and the service was absolutely phenomenal. They're just very professional in their approach.

January 25th, 2018 Midlothian, VA DETAILS

There was a data breach that I was notified of and was offered free monitoring for a year. I have not had an incident that required me to contact them. I like their alerts but sometimes they don't provide enough information for me.

January 25th, 2018 Santa Barbara, CA DETAILS

I was automatically linked to them because of a hospital fraud situation. They stopped a critical problem for me, so I stayed on board with them after that. They went above and beyond in terms of promptness in getting back to me, and solving the problems that I had. I had both identity theft and fraud, and they took all the steps and measures necessary to get them corrected. They're constantly monitoring and notifying me of any potential threats or changes. I like being able to deal with someone and not get passed around to fifteen departments. I like the the one on one contact that I have with them, and from a consumer standpoint it's seemingly a smaller company so I feel like I get better support, and I think their price point is really, really competitive in the marketplace. I've already recommended them and three of my friends have switched to them.

January 25th, 2018 Indio, CA DETAILS

They're very prompt about letting us know if anything's wrong. Every month we receive a letter advising of us of any problems, and we haven't had any. It's been going all right.

Pamela Hillard
January 25th, 2018 Bainbridge Island, WA DETAILS

They've been diligent and proactive about monitoring whole business of hacking and in getting out the information on places that might be dangerous.

Gloria Bishop
January 25th, 2018 DETAILS

My previous employer was hacked and they had selected MyIDCare. Every time that a hack occurred and I called them, there was always a human being at the other end that was willing to help, and you feel that the company does care about giving personal, dedicated, efficient, and fast service. I received an email with a receipt from a hardware store in Texas. I hadn't purchased any appliance, and I'm in Tennessee. I called them and they told me the best thing is to go to the credit bureau and put a fraud alert just to make sure, and also request your credit check to see if any activity has taken place lately. So they stayed with me all the time, they followed up to be sure that that has taken place. They are there for me all the time and that is very appreciated. They care, and every month I receive a newsletter allowing me to learn of the latest scams, frauds, and alerts and tips so that's very appreciated.

Brian Lacey
January 25th, 2018 Bondurant, IA DETAILS

MyIDCare was given to us to use it as a free thing. They're able to track identity theft faster than I could.

Roderic Lewis
January 25th, 2018 Lake Oswego, OR DETAILS

I know the people who own the company. I have asked them questions in the past and they have always been very responsive'when the Equifax hack was done I called them to find out what I should do about my credit protection. I receive a periodic email that says everything is okay, and so I'm assuming they're monitoring all the things they have to monitor, and everything's okay.

January 25th, 2018 Milwaukee, WI DETAILS

Someone at my place of employment released all of our social security numbers. I've had good contact and my questions have been answered. I got a letter in the mail and I was questioning whether it was due to a leak. They did a check for me and didn't find any abnormalities in my credit.

Jerold Murray
January 25th, 2018 Arlington, TX DETAILS

The rep was very knowledgeable about the situation, and was able to provide answers and the tools and information necessary to rectify the problem. They actually have the services, the knowledge, and the base to handle the issues that we're confronted with as consumers. I like the free monthly email newsletters that they send out'I find those very helpful. I chose them because the US government trusted them, and I've already recommended them several times.

Kevin Bastian
January 25th, 2018 New York, NY DETAILS

MyIDCare was suggested to me after a sort of a breach at a at a university. They've always been very responsive. Yeah I was trying to quit the few things that weren't academic credit report and they were helpful as a good point contact and helping worked with like credit card companies except tried to and get to the bottom of things.

Afton Koontz
January 25th, 2018 DETAILS

MyIDCare was recommended to me. So far it's done everything I would expect it to do. I got hacked through a Macy's card, and they caught that. They gave me the information without going through the police, and they put the information on Equifax and all those recording programs, and they did a nice job of it. Stopped it right away; I haven't had an issue since. They are always there, they answer all my questions.

January 25th, 2018 Forest City, NC DETAILS

They've been absolutely spectacular; they handled everything. Our CPA was hacked, and she set it up for us. Our identity was stolen, and the people had gotten our tax return, they had gotten some credit cards issued in our name, and actually got our mail forwarded. MyIDCare cleaned up everything. We didn't have to do anything except to make some phone calls, but other than that they got everything cleared up.

January 25th, 2018 Torrance, CA DETAILS

I used their service because that's what UCLA used, where my identity was stolen. A stolen check was cashed and there was nothing to warn me about it. Even though they sent me a monthly report, it didn't include any details.

Robert Baldasseroni
January 25th, 2018 South San Francisco, CA DETAILS

I get periodic updates on possible illegal access to my accounts. So far I haven't had any negative reports. I just received notices in my work email telling me updates on my account status. MyIDCare was the only service that I could access, nothing else was available. So far the service has proven to be very good.

Stephanie Mason
January 25th, 2018 Prescott, AZ DETAILS

A friend recommended MyIDCare to me. I used them to monitor my credit when my identity was stolen. They went to every credit reporting agency and had any information removed. The person handling my account went above and beyond and did everything she could to help rectify that situation. I just had a wonderful experience. My representative was amazing and always called me right back or emailed with me. I felt very much taken care of, and like I had somebody on my side during this process.

Chris Young
January 25th, 2018 Everett, WA DETAILS

The company I worked for had an IT issue and they supplied me with a year's free coverage, because my name and information was somehow compromised or might have been. They were quick to deal. The information in their emails was informative. I didn't really need to use much of it, I just I keep up with emails that they send out and make sure I watch how I use my information.

January 25th, 2018 Culver City, CA DETAILS

Someone had stolen identity-specific information from an institution'from a hospital system, and I was in their database, so they told me to get identity theft protection. That's when I called. When the year came up for the free coverage I called for extended, and that's when I had the opportunity to speak to anyone. A couple of people I spoke with were very helpful'their customer service skills were excellent. I haven't had a need to use it; I haven't had my identity stolen, but I still wanted to do something proactively. I just know it's there in case the need arises.

Ron McTague
January 25th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV

Andrew took all the time to answer my concerns. He was easy to talk to and highly knowledgible. I like what the company is offering for coverage and will be changing service from FICO to MYIDCARE. Thank you for all your help.

Shirley Ruhland
January 24th, 2018 Hinton, IA

Trevor was very helpful and polite. He explained everything completely so that I understood. I would recommend him to everyone!

Deirdre Willin
January 23rd, 2018 Northport, NY

You' re representative answered all my questions and was very courteous and knowledgeable.

David LAFEVERS
January 23rd, 2018 Playa del Rey, CA DETAILS

Excellent service and very knowledgeable customer service representatives. I enjoy the monthly monitoring emails ,knowing that my accounts and credit is receiving much more supervision in and effort to prevent identity theft.

Dan Collins
January 23rd, 2018 Overbrook, KS

I have MyIDcare because OPM and another government agency was hacked. I have been using MyIDcare for about the last four years. It works kind of. I do get notified when my identity is used. The last was when I applied for a gas credit card in October 2016. Immediately I received notifications from MyIDcare. However I just received another notification on 23 JAN 2018 for the same credit card application. This has happened a number of times in the past. It makes me think I am getting notifications so MyIDcare can show increased notifications to the government to show MyIDcare is doing their job.

Joanne Tomkiel
January 22nd, 2018 Palm Harbor, FL

The first thing they do is calm me down. From there we go over step by step the problem I have. If I have to make other phone calls they dial the numbers and virtually hold my hand through the process.

Anne Beaty
January 22nd, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Alex M's knowledge, care and follow-through saved me from untold consequences. I was the victim of ID theft, but because of her, we caught it quickly, and she patiently guided me through all the steps to safeguard my identity. She checked in with me often, encouraged me, and was just invaluable. I can never thank her enough.

Laurie Trlak
January 22nd, 2018 Huntington, IN DETAILS

I called them today because I wasn’t able to access my account. The representative with whom I spoke was very helpful and he pointed out several alerts that I hadn’t opened

John Suarez
January 19th, 2018 Henderson, NV

I value a domestic based telephone customer care experience as my particular ID care agent is very easy to clearly understand & communicate with; no thick accents or a loud busy office heard in the background- a pleasant change indeed! My agent is professional, courteous, thorough and most importantly, very patient with any question I may have; I have never felt hurried or rushed off the phone.

Shirley McClary for Robert McClary
January 19th, 2018 Framingham, MA

Had having a difficult time signing in he helped me with great patience. He explained it all to me and more.

Sherri Ardelean
January 18th, 2018 Greenwood, IN

i was given a lot of good information. Every thing was explained so i could easily understand.

Donald Marsch
January 18th, 2018 Allyn, WA DETAILS

I have an account paid for by The Office of Personnel Management (OPM) after their data loss from hacking some years ago now. My personal information has been confirmed by law enforcement as sold to the public and now the hacking of a credit reporting agency. My experience with My ID Care is no different than I have had with others; This service is worse than useless because it leads customers to a false sense of security and charges good money for nothing in return that can be proven to be of deterrent or protection value. I can not even access my account to report issues to them because the account is designed to be inaccessible. Example: I have to receive a code by text or email to log in that is good for 15 minutes before expiring. However the code does not arrive through any method before the account is signed out due to inactivity leaving the user with a closed loop login process that fails. Do not waste your time and money on this service. This service is paid for by the OPM which is a wast of a lot of money. I am a very dissatisfied customer offering a less than one star review.

Harvey L. Stoloff
January 18th, 2018 Fort Lauderdale, FL

John was Great. He took his time which allowed us to enter all the info we wanted to.

Eileen Marimow
January 18th, 2018 Stamford, CT

The agent I spoke to was very helpful with the enrollment.

Marilyn
January 16th, 2018 DETAILS

John respectfully addressed my concerns. I'm a dinosaur and all of this (computer and id related "stuff") can be somewhat intimidating. He did so professionally and with kindness.

Sherry Sipe
January 12th, 2018 Kingman, AZ

every time I needed something John was there to help. I really appreciate it. thank you Sherry

Joseph A Judge
December 11th, 2017 Franklin Square, NY DETAILS

Trevor has been fantastic! He jumped right into action to resolve my identity theft issues. Thank you for a great service!