Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

MyIDCare

verified
$100 Guarantee
MyIDCare has been providing identity theft services since 2003

MyIDCare, a subsidiary of ID Experts, has provided top-level identity theft protection since 2003. The Portland, Oregon-based company offers software and services focused on monitoring, protecting, and resolving identity theft to both individuals, families, as well as businesses and government organizations.

MyIDCare provides monitoring solutions that protect its customers against nine types of identity theft (child, medical, social security number, criminal, financial, employment, driver's license, insurance, and synthetic). As part of its promise to protect customers against identity theft, MyIDCare offers a 100 percent recovery/money-back guarantee. The company also provides up to $1 million in reimbursement insurance, unlimited help from a certified expert, a dedicated recovery specialist, credit monitoring, and much more.

The Good

• Competitive Pricing
  • Comprehensive Services
  • $1 Million Insurance
  • Recovery Guarantee

Competitive Pricing

MyIDCare offers a wide range of identity protection services at competitive prices. Customers can opt for a single sign-on individual plan, which is priced at $9.95 per month, or a family plan, which is priced at $19.95 per month. The family plan covers two adults completely (credit monitoring, CyberScan, $1 million in insurance, and access to experts/recovery superheroes are included) and up to five minor dependents can receive coverage as well (CyberScan monitoring, up to $1 million in reimbursements, and recovery services are included).

In comparison to other companies in the identity theft protection industry, MyIDCare has fair pricing for its services. MyIDCare also offers expanded individual and family plans that include credit monitoring and reports from all three credit bureaus, among other innovative features, at $19.95 per month and $39.95 per month, respectively.

Comprehensive Services

MyIDCare's plans cover a wide range of monitoring services, including credit monitoring (works with credit bureaus to monitor credit reports and credit scores) cyber (dark web) monitoring, public records monitoring, as well as a proactive feature to check for compromised passwords. Both the individual and family plans provide credit monitoring, alerts, CyberScan monitoring, complete recovery assistance, access to an online resource center, customer service help, fraud alerts, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

MyIDCare services monitor nine different types of identity theft, including medical, social security, child, criminal, financial, synthetic, employment, insurance, and driver's license. MyIDCare also provides data breach identity protection and strives to educate customers on credit card monitoring versus MyIDCare monitoring, information about credit freezes, recovery options, etc.

$1 Million Insurance

This identity protection company, like many other companies in the industry, offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance to customers. According to the company's website, this insurance is designed to "provide reimbursement for out-of-pocket expenses related to addressing the restoration of your identity."

It also includes coverage for reimbursement of electronically stolen funds. In addition to insurance, MyIDCare provides customers with access to Recovery Superheroes who are certified identity theft risk management specialists. These specialists will use the limited power of attorney to help customers recover their identity.

Recovery Guarantee

The company has an official refund policy in place for customers who do not obtain 100 percent recovery from MyIDCare's services. According to the MyIDCare website, the company will "refund up to one year of fees" that customers have paid towards MyIDCare restoration services only if the company fails to remove all adverse matters (within one year of the identity theft event) on the customer's record. In order to receive the refund, the customer would have had to follow the proper procedures that MyIDCare provides for reporting the identity theft event and would have already been enrolled in MyIDCare services.

The Bad

• Does Not Provide 24/7 Service
  • No Antivirus Software Provided

Does Not Provide 24/7 Service

MyIDCare's team does not operate on a 24/7 basis. The company's hours are limited to 11 hours per day on a Monday-through-Friday schedule. Although the company does employ certified experts and strives to provide reliable customer service, the lack of a 24/7 operation may limit prompt responses to customer questions and concerns.

No Antivirus Software Provided

MyIDCare doesn't seem to provide any type of antivirus software or protection against a ransomware attack. Many other identity protection companies offer antivirus software and other protection for customers' personal computers and devices. Unfortunately, since MyIDCare does not provide this type of software, customers must find and purchase the software on their own to ensure further identity protection as well as personal cybersecurity.

The Bottom Line

MyIDCare offers a wide range of monitoring services, recovery and restoration services, and identity protection services including data breach protection and fraud alert services at competitive prices. The company provides certified identity theft risk management specialists (Recovery Superheroes) to help victims make a full recovery from a theft event. MyIDCare has a set 100 percent recovery guarantee for customers who do not fully recover.

The company also offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance which covers out-of-pocket expenses such as lost wages, legal fees, private investigators (for background investigations), and stolen funds. Unfortunately, MyIDCare does not provide around-the-clock customer services and does not seem to provide any antivirus software that would help protect customers from threats like a ransomware attack. Although this company does have some negative aspects, it is still a top-rated, highly recommended company that offers trustworthy protection services.

4.1

Brooke Galster
December 12th, 2018 Lake Oswego, OR DETAILS

There service has far more features that are important to me than any other provider I've seen. Their monthly articles always seem to address the timely issues and how to view them from a security standpoint.

Susan Nugent
December 12th, 2018 Westerville, OH DETAILS

I spoke with Susan N on December 4, 2018, your representative, regarding my account with MyIDCare. Ms Susan N was extremely professional, kind, polite and extremely knowledgeable regarding MyIDCare. After speaking with Susan N, I was extremely happy to be a MYIDCare customer. Ms N is an excellent representative of MYID Care. Thank you very much. God Bless you all. Ann Estep -Customer (Your survey would not permit me to continue answering questions.) (Your survey did not allow me to continue with comments.)

Terry H.
November 27th, 2018 Dyersburg, TN DETAILS

Last year my wife and I got married and since then we've worked together to build the most stable life together. Financial stability was very important to both of us. Before joining MyIDCare we recently had an event where our identity had been stolen and someone opened a credit account in our name. Luckily, we caught this on time. We never realized it was THAT easy, so we asked our bank who they recommended to help keep our identity safe. They recommended MyIDCare. Andrew was our representative I spoke with. I had just worked the last 19 hours and I was tired and worried for my wife and I. Not only did Andrew answer and explain everything in detail, but he did it in a way that was simple and easy to understand. By the end of our chat, he had me sold. Andrew explained everything from broad topics such as what MyIDCare was all the way to the minuet details such as how often I get alerts. I signed up and now my wife and I are beginning to feel at ease again. I'm extremely satisfied with my experience and I hope this signs of more to come. Thanks again!

HASSAN FARAZIAN
October 19th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS

I was very and pleasantly surprised to have the ability to speak to a competent representative in resolving my concern. Not being pushed around from one person to another was a delightful and changing experience. Further, with all due respect, speaking with a person -- in the US -- rather than overseas was also a factor in my deep satisfaction.

Margaret Michelsen
October 17th, 2018 Blacksburg, VA DETAILS

Yesterday I thought I might have been hacked and so called MyIDCare. Josh M, an IDCares Specialist, worked patiently with me for over an hour to solve my problem. I am an older woman and not proficient on the computer! Josh was thoughtful, proficient and patient. It took quite a while, but the complex problem was completely solved and I felt supported and not "put down" for my lack of understanding. Josh simply did an excellent job on all counts: solved my difficult problem and left me feeling understood and supported. I cannot praise him enough. Thank you, Josh!

Mark Kelley
October 15th, 2018 Torrance, CA

Susan/Andrew were XLNT / enrollment help

LSmith
October 11th, 2018 Palm Beach, FL

My representative, Josh was very informative and kept right on top of my fraud investigation.

Janet Meek
September 10th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

John was very helpful in answering all my questions and concerns plus new the problem of ID theft and how to prevent it

Michelle
August 22nd, 2018 Weedville, PA

John was extremely helpful and patient, and he helped me to understand the issue, the next steps, and most importantly he helped me to gain a peace of mind after freaking out for a week.

Debbie
August 15th, 2018 Lansing, MI

My ID Care was awesome. They notified me of fraudulent activity involving my personal information and walked me through step by step of what to do next. I was very impressed with the help and care I received from Josh.

Deborah Meyerhoff
August 3rd, 2018 Newnan, GA DETAILS

My ID Care has once again proven to be an excellent company and one to be recommended. John called me to advise me on things to be aware of that could place me in financial danger following notification of my email being on the dark web. He proved to be a good listener, allowing me to state my concerns as well as answering all my questions. He was very knowledgeable, courteous and pleasant. Thank you for employing outstanding representatives like John! Sincerely, Deborah

Renee G
June 25th, 2018 Warren, MI

John I was very helpful. He explained what the alert meant and how to change passwords to more sensitive ones.

Diana Branda
June 18th, 2018 Manhattan Beach, CA DETAILS

It has been so helpful. My ID Care specialist has been so helpful, patient, informative, clear and compassionate. I have been trying myself but felt so defeated. I am on a road to clean up the fraudulent accounts.

Bill Phillips
June 4th, 2018 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I've just begun using the service. John was extremely professional and helpful with our phone conversation.

Matthew Cantor
May 31st, 2018 Tampa, FL

John was very helpful. He took me through the credit reports in a very detailed manner and helped me understand how to better track any issues in the future.

Patricia Shoemaker
May 29th, 2018

My experience with my advisor was very good. She was very available both on the phone and over the internet. I would not hesitate to use MyIDCare again should I ever need them.

Joseph Heinz
May 21st, 2018 Schwenksville, PA DETAILS

They were awesome. They handled everything quickly. They successfully stopped a fraudulent claim on my credit score.

Sally Marks
May 2nd, 2018 Atlanta, GA

John exceeded my expectations. He stayed on the line with me holding for 45 minutes to find out what the problem was being reported by Bank of America. We finally get someone and their customer service is closed and I have to call back tomorrow for a credit analyst to raise my limits. Seriously? My BofA Visa auto debits from my checking account and they created total chaos and ruined my evening over a case of wine! John helped me and worked with me and I can only give him praise and thanks. Shame on you Bank of America and I’ve been a customer since 1979!

ogk
May 1st, 2018 Santa Barbara, CA DETAILS

Outstanding service each and every time I call. This company makes you feel like no question is too small or unimportant. They clearly have their customers best interest and safety as their core mission.

Leroy Black
April 13th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

My contact with MyIDCare Customer Service was one of ease, professionalism and outstanding customer service.

Francis Inverso
April 2nd, 2018

We have only just begun to find the culprit who stole my ID. I was overwhelmed with the damage a person can do. MyIDCare's plan of action to find this perpetrator appears to be a solid, well planned approach (things that I would not have thought of) and I have faith that MyIDCare can undo the damage to me and find this person for which I plan on prosecuting.

Vincent Cordisco
March 29th, 2018

Your customer service representatives are outstanding! The woman I dealt with (Hannah W.) was very helpful, courteous, friendly, and quite knowledgable. As a novice to this type of ID protection, she was quite helpful to me in setting up my account.

Jose
March 29th, 2018 Alexandria, VA DETAILS

John was very helpful. He helped me call the lenders with which the thief had applied for credit with. The applications were denied and lenders said they would remove the inquiries in my credit report.

Terry Allen Chilcott
March 27th, 2018 Wichita, KS

My initial experience with MyIDCare has been OUTSTANDING! Your agent, John, walked me through the process of registering my new account, and was extremely helpful, courteous, and professional in doing so. I look forward to establishing a mutually beneficial relationship with MyIDCare, and have every assurance that I am in very good hands indeed. Thank you again, John! : ) Respectfully, Terry Allen Chilcott

Robert Wee
March 23rd, 2018 Reinholds, PA

Trevor W was a tremendous help to me. He was efficient, knowledgeable, patient, and friendly. He is a great representative of your company. He engenders trust.

Ann Hoover
March 22nd, 2018 Edinboro, PA

Trevor W assisted me. He was a very pleasant professional who patiently helped me activate my account and answered additional questions for me. If I choose to continue using IDCare after this one year of free service,m I will ask for Trevor.

Lynn Harris
March 22nd, 2018 Mechanicsburg, PA

Very nice & patient in walking me through the process.

Joanne Bissell
March 21st, 2018 Apollo, PA

John I was extremely helpful in helping us to get our accounts open.

Denise Clausen
March 21st, 2018 Dover, PA DETAILS

The representative was helpful and provided me with the assistance I needed. He was very pleasant.

Sally Stilli
March 21st, 2018 Camp Hill, PA

Trevor was very helpful and took time to explain things for me.

Daniel OShea
March 21st, 2018 Oak Lawn, IL

Trevor was great and helped with all my needs

Moreen Lily Hunsberger
March 20th, 2018 Bethlehem, PA

John was very informative and helpful.

Laurel
March 20th, 2018 Milton, PA DETAILS

I am very pleased with the prompt and courteous assistance I receive whenever I contact MyIDCare. My representative thoroughly and patiently answers all my questions and takes care of my concerns.

Marlin Messinger
March 20th, 2018 Dover, PA

John I was very polite and helpful with the issue I had. Let him know that I really appreciated his helpfulness.

Michele Mullen
March 20th, 2018 Center Valley, PA

I completed enrollment, but was unable to log on to enroll in the credit monitoring. John reviewed my original enrollment and discovered an error with the user name. He corrected it and remained on the line until I was able to access the monitoring website.

Susan Goldfarb
March 20th, 2018 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS

John was very helpful and provided the information I needed to check the status of a child’s credit history.

Donald Willis
March 19th, 2018 Houston, TX

I called in to get help logging into my account, Trevor W was excellent in helping me get the correct information. But, he also was very helpful in resolving my initial reason for logging into my account.

Gary Oman
March 19th, 2018 Orange City, FL

this has worked tirelessly for me trying to get my stolen i.d. fixed and getting my credit back where it should be. one credid card company refuse to drop me from charges on a card open in my name even though i filed a police report and send them proof that it was a fradulant account myIDCare has worked very hard on this and they say that they will not stop until there is a decision in my favor

Ken Schenkman
March 19th, 2018 Seattle, WA DETAILS

Excellent help and follow through. Highly recommend this service.

Eileen Miller Krause
March 19th, 2018 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

Trevor is personable. He has patience. He is professional and knowledgeable. He was able to make an unpleasant situation into a better one through his perseverence. He handled the people at AMEX with ease.