myIDcare verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

MyIDCare, which is a subsidiary of ID Experts, provides software and services focused on protecting and resolving identity theft. Since 2003, MyIDCare has offered services to both individuals and businesses. MyIDCare is headquartered in Portland, Oregon.

The Good

• Competitive Pricing
  • Comprehensive Services

Competitive Pricing

MyIDCare offers a wide range of services at competitive prices. Customers can opt for an individual plan, which is priced at $9.95 per month, or a family plan, which is priced at $19.95 per month.

Comprehensive Services

MyIDCare's plans cover a wide range of services, including both credit monitoring and cyber monitoring. Both the individual and family plans provide one-bureau credit monitoring, alerts, CyberScan monitoring, complete recovery assistance, access to an online resource center, customer service help, and up to $1 million in identity theft insurance. MyIDCare services monitor nine different types of identity theft, including medical, social security, child, criminal, financial, synthetic, employment, insurance, and driver's license.

The Bad

Does Not Provide 24/7 Service

MyIDCare's team does not operate on a 24/7 basis. The company's hours are limited to 11 hours per day on a Monday-through-Friday schedule.

The Bottom Line

MyIDCare offers a wide range of services at competitive prices. The company also offers up to $1 million in identity theft insurance.

November 3rd, 2017 Black River Falls, WI DETAILS

Login info is out of date so fast. E-mail from MyIDCare requires a special code be sent to this user via e-mail. When I go to my e-mail system to retrieve the code the link with MYIDCare is apparently cut and I cannot reenter the login process at the point at which I left it in order to enter the code in the space provided. I've been through this kind of process with other companies. They manage to make it work. The folks at ID Experts are maybe not so expert.

October 11th, 2017

All pertinent information listed on my account is 3 years old. Some accounts are listed as starting as early as 2006 to about the last reporting of 2014 and 2015. No reporting from 2014/2015 - to today in October 2017?? But I do get the latest monthly emails of Sex Offenders in the city by email alerts! Why is my credit information two plus years old but unless sex offender alerts so update ?

October 10th, 2017 Lyman, WY

When you try to log in on your own computer, it still requires 2 steps, and they never send the code in a timely manner. You either are waiting forever, or you time out. So frustrating.

September 23rd, 2017 Fairfield, OH

My experience is consistent with previous posts. It is not possible to talk to someone to correct an error. Apparently OPM awarded the job to another low bidder who cannot produce. With the Experian breach, I was considering upgrading to myidcare's paid service. I still will go to a paid service, but not with this company (or Experian). It would not surprise me to find out that myidcare has not, or cannot, identify attempts to breach identities. OPM should have its Inspector General do a performance audit on this contract.

September 23rd, 2017

Worst customer service I have experienced ever. Cannot reach anyone at the 800 number provided to unlock my account. Get voice message that my call will be answered in more than 25 minutes. I have had long waits before but I have always been told it would be less than xx amount of minutes. This outfit obviously just doesn't care.

September 19th, 2017 Washington, DC

Exceptionally poor consumer service in being able to reach a human being in a timely manner. Like others i have been locked out of my account for supposedly not entering correct password. Message directs you to call Customer Support (which is a misnomer). Each time I call recorded message advises that my "call will be answered in MORE THAN XX minutes". The XX minutes is always 25 minutes or more. I mean come on, what sort of Customer Support puts you on hold for "more than 25 minutes". I have never been able to reach anyone and so am unable to change password to access my account. Thus this service has been useless.

September 19th, 2017

They have not fixed any issues that I disputed, it all stays the same. What good it was for me to get this I don't know. Gives me the same info as my credit report.

September 15th, 2017 NM

Product seems alright, until you are locked out of your account for supposedly entering your password wrong (though I am certain it was right all 3 times!). Customer service is absolutely horrible - I called the number to unlock my account several times and each time was immediately put on hold for over 40 mins (I held for an hour once!) with no one ever picking up. Ridiculous!

September 14th, 2017 LA

I was supposed to have free credit protection/monitoring for 3 years. I am in my second year and have been locked out of my account for some reason. I have tried to call several times and am on perpetual hold, 30 minutes today. Three days ago I was on hold 20 minutes before a recording offered to take my name and number and have someone call me back. No one did. Heaven forbid you ever need to take advantage of their services because you will never be able to reach anyone.

September 14th, 2017 Wheaton, IL

thanks to the OMB breach, we are stuck with this "protection". I hate it. You get alerts on every little thing, yet it is very unclear as to what you are reviewing online. Why do I need them to give me info on sex offenders in my area>!>. I can figure that out myself by reviewing the state website, jerks. I live near a major city, I am tired of the alerts on nonsense. And when you call them to inquire, most are basically "fake" alerts yet it is "clear as mud" when you speak to the customer service rep. Oh, and yes, I said I wanted my children on this - they said they were, yet, I see NOTHING on the stupid portal. Oh my god, the portal. I hate it. Designed horribly. I feel so bad for older people who have to figure this out because it is hard enough for me. I had an issue and they use a third party contractor (CSID) to help resolve the issue. This "restoration specialist' contacted me via email and used horrible grammar and spelling and the text was really "off" - very small. It didn't even look legitimate! I decided I didn't even want to speak to them. I was so angry. We ended up freezing all of our info with each credit bureau. MUCH easier to deal with!!! I can't believe this is who the federal government stuck us with...and then I am supposed to pay for this "service" after 12/18? Please.

August 15th, 2017 Chester Springs, PA

Can never log in. Ask for a verification code, code is never sent, website then logs you out and any verification code you MAY have gotten is useless. Have never been able to log in since the initial setup. Service is free due to a screw up with the government being hacked, so I don't really care. Would never pay for this service.

August 11th, 2017

Forgot my password and tried for over an hour to follow the "link" they gave me to reset it. Then told me via generic instruction, to cut and paste it and that also would not work. Frustrated and tired of dealing with them. This company was "FORCED" FREE (ha ha) on me, due to do a government hack. Fed up. I'm done.

July 25th, 2017 Bainbridge, NY

What a wast e of time and money. They say they will send a pass code to your phone or computer and you have only ten minutes to use it to gain access to the web site. The pass code never arrives or hits the computer after 10 minutes. Try to use it and you are told it is invalid.

July 13th, 2017 Jacksonville, FL

Can never log into their site. the ridiculous two factor authentication is too slow. By the time I receive a passcode, the site session has expired.

June 5th, 2017 Washington, DC

MYIDCARE, IS THE WORST COMPANY nation wide , bad service and the worst customer service ever .

May 22nd, 2017 Baltimore, MD

Incredibly bad. Everything you don´t want in one horrendous package. ->Hard to log in to - you need a verification code that is valid for 10 minutes - and it frequently takes more than 10 minutes for it to show up in your inbox - and then the fun starts all over again. ->False positives, I got a message saying my SSN was being used in another state - I called them and it turned out to be nonsense. ->Fake alert messages. I regularly get messages telling me that I have an alert which is "not credit related" - which turns out to be a sex offender moving into my area. WTF?!? I live in the middle of the city. OF COURSE there are going to be sex offenders in my area. This is as if you have the boy calling wolf sending you email regularly. Unfortunately there is no way for me to turn that stupid sex offender alert off. All I got from customer service was "it's a part of the service." The first few times I was a bit alarmed by those alerts, nowadays I just ignore them - how useful is that? So far I've had one valid alert (re. email) which I had already found out about using a free service. I have had subscriptions to two other ID protection services - both were much, much better than this s**t show.

March 11th, 2017 Newport, KY

Horrendous and practically nonexistent. No help whatsoever. They cause more problems than they fix. Worst customer service in the history of the universe.

January 27th, 2017

I received notice that something happened and I should check my account. When I tried to log in, it said I was locked out and to call the 800 number. The voice mail went on for 3 minutes before giving me any options. Then, someone answered, told me I needed a specialist and put me back on hold...I hung up at the 20 minute point. Useless, useless, useless! My guess is that they would not survive if the government did not pay them to pretend to provide services. More wasted tax dollars.

January 17th, 2017 Henderson, NV

This site keeps making me verify my identity, even though I check the box to remember me. Worse yet is it's taking me 8-9 of the 10 allowed minutes for the verification code to get to me. By then they've logged me out because of inactivity. Really??? How dumb can they get?

December 15th, 2016

Double whammy in our family! Suddenly my husband was getting alerts from myIDcare. Called and spoke to representatives who explained that someone was attempting to take out loans and credit cards in his name. MyIDcare walked us through everything and got everything taken care of BEFORE any attempts to steal his ID went through. Then we put all our children's SS numbers into myIDcare's system. Within hours we got an alert that one of our children's SS number was being used across the country. MyIDshield gave us the information on this person and contacted the social security office who has now opened a case regarding the theft of my child's SS number. Curious to hear how this one ends. MyIDshield has been invaluable to two of our family members.

December 2nd, 2016

What a joke! I got the free trial due to the OPM breach. I registered/created my account, tried logging in a few days later and was locked out for incorrect password 3 times in a row. I know for a fact it was the correct password because I use "LastPass" which saves exactly what I put in. Sooooo I called "customer service" and was immediately placed on hold for an eternity. When someone finally did answer I was told there was nobody there that could help me and someone would have to call me back which.... you guessed it, never happened. I constantly get emails stating my records have changed but of course I can't access it. I would honestly rather have my identity stolen than deal with these incompetent a$$hats.

November 28th, 2016 Vestal, NY

This company is awful!! impossible to contact always high call volume useless!!! days late in notifications if you can even access to find out what the alert was. don't waste your money!!!

November 19th, 2016

I've had the service for 3 years and have NEVER been able to log in. I get alerts via email but no way to log in to review the alert. The link they send for "forgot password" hasn't NEVER worked. It's called a "token" and the token is never valid, even when I try to use it withing first 2 minutes. They've never answered the phone for service. 3 friggin years and zero service. Don't waste your time. I suspect they are just stealing info. No real reason for them to exist otherwise. Shena Lally (real name)

November 18th, 2016 Saint Petersburg, FL

Have been enrolled for over 2 years they send emails saying credit report has been changed or accessed. The password they sent does not work. They do not send password reset link when requested. If you call their customer service line you are usually over the 50th person in que. I have tried to talk to and agent now for over 2 years. This is fraud waste and abuse for the Federal Office of Personnel Management. I have requested a audit from OPM.

October 17th, 2016 Falls Church, VA

No way to turn off sex offender notifications. Their obscure emails don't tell you the nature of the alert so you have to login. Once logged in it's just a notification that someone who has served their time is moving in nearby...