We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals and families.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off (for first year) a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Restoration Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services (See disclaimer below) from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

***Disclaimer: If your plan includes credit reports, scores, and/or credit monitoring features ("Credit Features"), two requirements must be met to receive said features: (i) your identity must be successfully verified with Equifax; and (ii) Equifax must be able to locate your credit file and it must contain sufficient credit history information. IF EITHER OF THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FEATURES FROM ANY BUREAU. If your plan also includes Credit Features from Experian and/or TransUnion, the above verification process must also be successfully completed with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable. If verification is successfully completed with Equifax, but not with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable, you will not receive Credit Features from such bureau(s) until the verification process is successfully completed and until then you will only receive Credit Features from Equifax. Any credit monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin after your successful plan enrollment.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Restoration Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. This includes a dedicated restoration specialist and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

If a member becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock helps protect them with their Million Dollar Protection™ Package. This includes reimbursement for stolen funds and coverage for personal expenses, each with limits of up to $25,000, $100,000 or $1 million depending on the plan, and coverage for lawyers and experts if needed up to $1 million, to help resolve the case.

***Disclaimer: Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the Select plan that costs $9.99 per month (for the first year), the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month (for the first year), and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month (for the first year).

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off for the first year (compared to the renewal price), of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These optoins include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus depending on their plan. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including stolen wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud from a stolen identity event. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more (See "Million Dollar™ Protection Package" for details and accompanying disclaimer). The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has three identity protection plan options — the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

***Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

3.9

October 17th, 2014

I was amazed and very pleased with the handling and assistance of my recent case. The speed in which you responded was very impressive. I've been left with a feeling that I'm not going through this alone. I appreciate the support you have provided.

October 17th, 2014

I was responding to a credit check alert from LifeLock. LifeLock walked me through the verification process with the requesting creditor insuring that the request was not fraudulent. My service representative handled all of the questioning and all I had to do was listen and supply a few responses. Very good experience!!

October 17th, 2014

I just subscribed to Lifelock about a month ago. They have been more than helpful. They resolved each Alert I got in a timely manner and with positive closures. They phone rep was so kind and understanding handling my issues. I can't thank you enough for everything.

October 16th, 2014

I recently had a question about upgrading my existing LifeLock coverage and contacted LifeLock Customer Service by email. They responded in 24 hours and clearly explained the process and how the cost would be prorated since I was not due to renew my coverage for six months. Thank you, LifeLock, for your excellent Customer Service!

October 16th, 2014

People I have spoken to are rude. Representative who asked me security questions did not speak clearly. I could not understand her. Asked to speak with her supervisor and I felt her to be very rude to me. Every time I call in there is a 12 to 16 minute wait.

October 16th, 2014

All my personal information was stolen last year. I signed up for LifeLock, and they have been monitoring all of my accounts for stolen identity. They let me know right away when there was something suspicious with my savings account and worked with my bank to fix the problem. I do not have to worry with LifeLock.

October 16th, 2014

LifeLock has called to alert me to a known sexual offender in my neighborhood and also contacted me when a company was looking into my financials to make sure it was a legitimate inquiry. I do feel my information is protected and I feel safer regarding internet transactions.

October 16th, 2014

I am pleased that we get a monthly report on our security. We've never had a problem, but like knowing that right from the company. Also we appreciate the "heads up" when there may be people in our are posing as representatives for the company and what to do should we encounter one of them.

October 16th, 2014

The agents were very helpful and interfaced between myself and the Chase Representative. They took care of the fraudulent card application and cancelled the application. The lifelock agent sent me a report on my email as she promised. Excellent service.

October 16th, 2014

I was recently a victim of fraud and lifelock not only notified me immediately but resolved the situation before my credit could be compromised. They took care of everything! Definitely recommend!

October 16th, 2014

Life Lock has discovered numerous fraudulent claims on stopped them on my behalf. Their specialist are knowledgeable and helpful!

October 16th, 2014

Being a victim of fraudulent activity, the company went out of their way to alert me to a possible problem. After talking to a Lifelock agent, we were able to talk to the bank where a credit application was submitted in my name and found out that this was not me who initiated this transaction. Thank you

October 15th, 2014

LifeLock sent me on alert about 3 days about my information that was use at a company to open an account. LifeLock started the investigation right away sent me several emails on the progress. And today 10/15/14 LifeLock was able to set up a conference call with the company / LifeLock and myself that activity was shut down LifeLock did an incredible job they took care of everything. Thanks To You All At LifeLock. Member since March 2014

October 15th, 2014

I have nothing but positive praise for the Customer Service Reps at Lifelock. They helped me resolve a series of ID theft attempts with a minimum of effort on my part. I will definitely recommend LifeLock to my friends.

October 14th, 2014

I received 3 alerts. I called Lifelock, was told the wait time was approximately 9 minutes, which it turned out to be. After hearing my story, the rep I initially was connected with said he would transfer me to the appropriate department to handle my situation. The person I was put in contact with was named Dlecia and she was wonderful to work. She worked through each of the 3 alerts in a very methodical and professional way. She set up conference calls with reps from each of the 3 businesses involved and stayed with me throughout the entire process which took an hour. There was 1 fraudulent account application and 2 fraudulent credit applications. 1 credit application had already been denied due to the 7 year alert Lifelock had previously helped me establish. Dlecia also made sure that the 3 credit inquiries that had been submitted to the credit agencies were removed. I have been a member of Lifelock since May, 2013. My previous experiences with them have all been very good. This is the first time I have had to deal with multiple alerts and I.am very grateful for having people the quality of Dlecia to work with.

October 14th, 2014

I have been a victim of identity theft for 3 years plus. I still frequently have issues with this. When I call Life Lock, I am already frustrated and to sit on hold 3 times in the last 7 days for over 15 minutes is very frustrating. Yesterday, I was told after holding for 28 minutes, "The fraud department is not answering due to heavy call volume. We will need to call you back." Your Company offers a service that I am in great need of. I am happy to be a Customer of Life Lock. But when I have to sit on hold for over 15 minutes every time I call, it makes me wonder about the management of your services...

October 14th, 2014

A recent alert was resolved satisfactorily thanks to LifeLock. My tenacious LifeLock representative continued researching the problem until we discovered that I had initiated the credit check with a company known by a corporate name that I was unfamiliar with.

October 14th, 2014

Lifelock is sensitive to any change, fraudulent activity or credit inquiry and will always notify members of such activity. I am confident that I am protected.

October 13th, 2014

Due to all the issues with merchants and banks being hacked and data breaches my wife and I decided to up grade our plan. The associate was very helpful with the process explained how to proceed with the upgrade and the change in fees along with the prorate from our old plan. She even offered a discount for this year without any prompting. Service over the phone was great. Web site was a little less responsive, left too many unresolved questions. In fact it referred me to the phone agent. So I can't complain.

October 13th, 2014

Thanks for being on top of everything. We appreciate your professionalism and attention to all the cyber attacks, and every concievable attack on peoples credit in todays world. This would be a hard job to do ourselves. My only criticism was when calling you, the 'voice' said they do not like to keep people on wait for more than a few minutes and then it said my call would be answered in 22 minutes. That is unacceptable. Otherwise, we feel we are in great hands. Everyone takes their job seriously and that is what makes us feel comfortable with LifeLock.

October 13th, 2014

As a college student having my information put anywhere and everywhere I was constantly worried about my identity being stolen. Since signing up with LifeLock, I have had the comfort of knowing that I am protected and have been pleased with the amount of feedback they provide with the service. Highly Recommended!

October 13th, 2014

When we needed to get my spouse's user ID and passoword set up (separately from my own) the LifeLock representative on the phone was so helpful and friendly!

October 12th, 2014

Someone was trying to open an account with Sprint using my social security number. I called Lifelock and spoke with the Tyson Herrell. He was very knowledgeable and helpful. He contacted Sprint and with his help the situation was resolved.

October 12th, 2014

I first heard about Lifelock ID protection on TV commercials and have since been interested in obtaining Lifelock's ID protection services. A month ago, I located Lifelock's website while web surfing and I reviewed the various plans and I enrolled in the Ultimate Plus for $29.99/month and I have to say that the service rendered so far has been comprehensive with rapid responses. They always inform me of the few personal information data changes I had to make to keep current with all bank accounts as well as my accounts with credit card, online retailers and my social security account.Not only do they notify me of these changes, they also request that I acknowledge these changes to insure proper authorization of these changes at all times. In addition, Lifelock always inform me of any sex offenders that move into my neighborhood so I have some sense of security knowing that someone does have an eye on them at all times. Lifelock is a godsend!

October 12th, 2014

For a new member, the time from sign up to getting any type of instruction is very poor. (Wait time on phone is also bad.) We are not very computer savvy and still have not received anything in writing as to how the whole thing is supposed to work. We are just figuring out how to respond to alerts.

October 12th, 2014

When I had realized that my identity had initially gotten stolen, Life Lock had called me to see if I had opened a new credit card account, I had told them that I had not and they had shut it down, before the new credit card had been issued to the person whom had stolen my identity. I have also been a victim of stalking and it is reassuring that Life Lock notifies me when convicted felons are released from jail and exactly where they live if located in my neighborhood or within a 50 mile radius. This service is especially important for those whom have children and want to keep them safe.

October 12th, 2014

I started using lifelock to protect my credit. Lifelock is on top of things, when I applied for a credit card they sent an alert to make sure it was me and that someone had not gotten ahold of my information. I like this company so much I have my parents on Lifelock also.

October 12th, 2014

Very pleased with the way Lifelock handled the alert on my account. The specialist I talked to was very helpful. When she called me back with the results of the alert, she was very reassuring, making sure I understood the results.

October 11th, 2014

Since joining Lifelock I have not had any Identity theft issues so I would recommend them for that alone, however, I must let others know the "extra mile" Lifelock traveled for my family. We live in Moore Oklahoma and we had a devastating tornado rip through here in May of 2013, for the next two months I noticed Lifelock had not deducted my monthly fee so I called them. The very friendly representative informed me that all the customers in the Moore ZIP Code would have their monthly bills suspended for at least a year so as to, in some way, help those who lost homes, property and in some cases family and or friends to this disaster. I think this was an awesome act and really appreciate Lifelock, I will continue to use and recommend them to all my friends and family. Respectfully, Dave A.

October 11th, 2014

Ann in your client support group was amazing. I received a call that there was an account opened in my name, it was fraudulent. An investigation was started. The next day I received an call from Capital One to confirm my new "account" and change of address. I let the agent know that this was a fraudulent account and that it should be closed immediately. The next day I received an e-mail from Capital One indicating that my new credit card was on its way to me, which is recieved a day later. I received an email from LifeLock and called back immediately and described all of the activity. Ann stepped in and conferences in Capital One bank and we went over the transaction with them again. They assured us that the account was opened on October 6 and closed on the 8th. Somebody by the name of George decided to partner with me on a new PlayStation credit card. I hope he is not too disappointed when he cannot use the card! Thank you Ann and thank you to everyone at LifeLock for keeping my accounts safe and sound.

October 11th, 2014

I sent in an email asking about finding the LifeLock mobile app. They responded with a very concise explanation of how they are review the safety and security features of it before making it available again. I was quite satisfied with their response.

October 9th, 2014

Nothing short of excellent. I signed on with LifeLock some time ago, after learning that some personal info was compromised and used fraudulantly. Nearly all those I contacted -- i.e., various institutions -- advised me to register with your service, with glowing reports for LifeLock. Since registering with LifeLock, your customer service staff and emails have been spot-on, prompt and consistent in issuing warnings about other security breaches. Please keep up the good work -- especially where it concerns the most recent breaches at certain retail outfits. Thanks again for your excellent service. I never miss an opportunity to recommend you to friends & associates. Sincerely, D.

October 9th, 2014

This is not a "complaint", exactly, but we have received a fair number of alerts from Lifelock pertaining to legitimate transactions. Their vigilance is what we're paying them for, and we'd rather they were a little over-zealous than careless. We respond as quickly as possible, but recently discovered that even though I had responded to a series of alerts, and believed them cleared, they were still showing as "live" under my husband's sign-on. (I don't understand why, but we have two accounts that are linked in some way, instead of a single account.) At that point, the alerts were about 2 weeks old, and we're wondering what would happen if neither of us had responded in that time. We *thought* someone should have notified him of the open status of these alerts under his name. Now we know that we both need to respond. Still, we consider this an invaluable resource and service, and will certainly maintain it. Phone support, when we've sought it, has been first-rate

October 8th, 2014

I was notified by LifeLock on my cell phone and via email. After completing the on-line questions asked by LifeLock, I was called. The LifeLock representative was very helpful in resolving the question which was perceived to be a fraudulent inquiry to one of my accounts. I'm glad to have LifeLock and would not hesitate referring anyone to use their services. Thank you LifeLock!

October 8th, 2014

I enrolled in LifeLock never expecting to actually need it. But a year ago, someone got hold of my ssn and birth date and all of a sudden bank accounts and credit lines were being applied for in my name. LifeLock caught almost all of them before I had any idea what was happening. They helped with all of the paperwork with the FTC and local authorities. I'm still getting random attacks, but because of LifeLock all fraudulent accounts are being closed before any real damage can be done. I highly recommend LifeLock!

October 8th, 2014

Lifelock informed me of an alert via phone and e-mail. They took time and gathered information and assured me they would find a resolution to the matter. They continued to update me every step of the way. My issue was quickly resolved in a fraction of the time, and so I am glad to have them on my side.

October 8th, 2014

Very helpful, very quick response to when I inquired about the veterans discount. They replied and activated the discount within a week. If you are a veteran, LifeLock has your back. I am thankful that LifeLock recognizes our service with their service.

October 7th, 2014

I received an alert that someone tried to get a bank loan in my name. Lifelock notified me immediately, and was able to connect me with the lender to ensure they knew the application was fraudulent and to block any further activiy. VERY happy with the service from Lifelock! Who knows what a financial mess I may have had without them?

October 7th, 2014

I am very pleased with the LifeLock team.....There was an alert sent to me this past Saturday. The LifeLock team responded quickly and followed up immediately with what had gone wrong with an auto sales company in Atlanta, GA. As it turned out, it was merely a typo error of the social security number--which ended up to be my number instead of the applicant's number. Per our 3 way conference call, no further action was needed. I was given all the information I needed for my own files. What this event did do for me was affirm that LifeLock is constantly alert to their client's accounts and is very serious about protecting them. THANK YOU LIFELOCK!

October 7th, 2014

I called Lifelock regarding a notification that I received of a credit check that took place without my knowledge. The representative was very helpful and nice over the phone. They got back to me within 48 hours and everything was cleared.

Brett N.

October 7th, 2014

Lifelock has done an excellent job providing me with the needs my family and I need to ensure our IDTheft needs are taken care of. I am constantly seeing breaches in the news which make me nervous about my identity, it seems places where I use my CC are constantly being breached. Lifelock is the source and service to ensuring it stays safe and my experience with them to this point has been top notch. Highly recommend their service!

October 6th, 2014

I originally signed on in 2008. Never was I contacted that there were new programs and that my program did not have the bells and whistles it originally did. also it is a pain to get your cards and bank accounts reigstered. It sometimes takes it and sometimes it does not. Also I get alerts for the least little thing. Which makes you complacent when you get a real alert.

October 6th, 2014

I immediately filed a complaint online with Lifelock after I realized that I had entered personal and account information in an email that I suspected was sent fraudulently by a cyber criminal that at first appeared to be sent by Apple and that my identity might have been compromised. I received a reply advising me that I had taken the right steps by filing a report with the Internet Crime Complaint Center of the FBI, changed by Apple password,contacted Apple to monitor any suspicious activity regarding my account and filed a complaint with LifeLock so that anytime Lifelock's advanced detection system identifies any suspcious applications for credit or services using any piece of my identity within their network, they will assess my level of identity theft risk and alert me of the application by email and/or phone which was a great relief to me.

October 6th, 2014

First call to Customer Support, it was a very smooth activity. We had received an alert in regard to an account and bank that we did not recognize. While talking to Melissa it became clear that further investigation was needed. Melissa called the bank, conferenced in the Bank Representative to review the situation privately, we found a similar ID number in a commercial account that was not ours. Issue identified and minimized in 1 call.

October 5th, 2014

I find comfort knowing LifeLock is monitoring my personal information and financial accounts. My credit score went from 763 to 820 simply because LifeLock prevented credit card companies from running my credit worthiness as part of their solicitation to open accounts. Also, I receive far less junk mail. I am very pleased with the services LifeLock and highly recommend their services.

October 5th, 2014

I have been notified each time there has been a large transaction or a credit inquiry pertaining to me or my accounts. I have and will continue recommend LifeLock services. If LifeLock sees anything that may seem suspicious then, I am notified by call and email.

benny colvett

October 5th, 2014

Perhaps I expected way too much. BUT I had 2 transactions over $400 each and on one it was the purchase of a gun and it took 4 days to send me any kind of notification. The other was a $400 withdrawal and on the 3rd day without getting any type of notification I called and was asking just what reason that they had for taking so terribly long to notify me and the customer service said that they were closing my account and hung up on me. So what kind of business are you running. Are you just there to take money and we questioned you drop the client. Very horrible and terrible service and customer relationship. I would not recommend you to nobody.

October 4th, 2014

This service is so awesome! I inquired about tv and internet service and lifelock sent me an alert that my personal information has been used, even though it was me . Awesome!

October 3rd, 2014

Lifelock was most prompt in responding to my question about accessing my account difficulties. The problem was corrected when we realized that both my wife and I could not use the same email address as user name as recommended.

October 3rd, 2014

Had a problem with identity theft. Life lock was very quick and professional about dealing with my problem. I'm very happy to have had them on my side! They are well worth every penny. Thank you Lifelock!!