LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection. LifeLock also assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

View Best Identity Theft Protection Companies

Duane
April 8th, 2015

I had a question and you got back to me right away with what I needed and I already received my credit report and beautiful score. THANK YOU

Renee
April 8th, 2015

I think I have been a member for 3+ years and there is really nothing to tell. I have had no problems since my tax problem and I am glad for that.

Nick
March 25th, 2015

I have purchased 3 houses since I joined Lifelock. Lifelock's emails told me they had good news and that I had no activity during the periods of the loans being processed. Seems like a pretty worthless service. I am wondering how many other things have been purchased using my credentials that I am not aware of!

Karen
March 17th, 2015

It didn't work, and I wrote to them several times, and here's what I finally was told even after asking if there was a service I could PAY for. If I have to do it myself, then why click on their link? Here is their reply: Unfortunately, we're not able to assist in the opt out process. If the company has additional criteria that must be met, you would need to follow this in order to complete the opt out. If you're having trouble with a particular site, please attempt to contact them directly to request this removal. LifeLock does not offer, nor can we refer you to, a paid service that can remove this information for you. I apologize for the inconvenience. Amber LifeLock Support Team

Shirlee Boring
March 16th, 2015

When my husband and I purchased a new car last year our salesman did the usual "I just have to check a few things, and I'll be right back" then in less than five minutes my husband and I both got a text on our cell phones letting us know someone was attempting to check our credit. We looked at each other and cracked up laughing! We love you Life Lock

Boyd
March 16th, 2015

LifeLock has even better than I expected. At least twice they have notified me of suspicious credit card charges, which allowed me to cancel the cards before any more charges were made. The credit card carrier removed the charges in both cases. LifeLock also notified me that one of my email accounts and my password had been sold on the black market. I immediately changed my password. Shortly afterwards, I began receiving all kinds of scams, offers, etc. That's been over a year ago, and I still receive lot's of junk emails on that account. I wholeheartedly recommend LifeLock.

Joanne Walen
March 16th, 2015

This is the third year in a row that I have had identity theft trouble with the IRS. The Lifelock representative I spoke with kept asking me when I had filed my return this year after I told him three times that I hadn't filed yet, so I guess he wasn't listening very closely to what I was telling him. I expected more attention. On all other occasions they have been very attentive to my identity theft issues.

Kris
March 16th, 2015 Pleasant Grove, UT

LifeLock contacted me because my identity may have been breached. The specialist that contacted me by phone was helpful, courteous and thorough. We are continuing to keep my case as a "watch" until we are satisfied all of our questions are answered. My thanks go to the LifeLock team!

Jean Campbell
March 16th, 2015

I have had no problems but I appreciate the sex offender notifications. I especially like the current credit scores.

AliceS
March 16th, 2015

I had Lifelock Ultimate for over a year, and decided that I wasn't getting much out of it. I called to cancel a few days ago. NOW, I discover that my SSN has been stolen, and LIFELOCK DID NOT INFORM ME!

2014Ken
March 12th, 2015

In Late January I traded cars and financed a newer model. I was surprised that when the dealer applied for the credit, they went through multiple credit agencies. I received several alerts all at about the same time, asking if this was my activity or someone trying to use my identity. To my pleasant surprise, Lifelock caught someone trying to utilize the dealerships backwall in contacting a couple of those agencies mentioned. Luckily Lifelock was on the spot and I was able to clarify my purchase and thru the correct finance company. Thanks Lifelock, you saved me tons of grief. Much appreciaed.

Lovpepl
March 12th, 2015

I have been with LifeLock since they started and have been very pleased at how they watch and prptect people, only one thing when I renewed this year lady told me they would send me a shredder like the one they advertise on TV, but so far have not received it and think maybe she was just satisfying me and saying yes but it will not come to me.

Woody Quinn
March 12th, 2015

Their computer kept sending me messages that it was unable to access one of my protected accounts. The CSR suggested that the bank may have changed their access security, or their could have been a data breach attempt. Checked with bank, there were unauthorized access attempts, so they tightened their security. LL then advise how to remove the account from the "vault." LL folk helpful and friendly as always .

Mike Mccuskey
March 12th, 2015

Having had lifelock for several years they have contacted on many occasions to make sure it was me making a major purchase. I would suggest signing up for lifelock to anyone concerned about their identity being stolen.

Gary
March 12th, 2015

!0 minutes after someone tried to use my identity to open a fraudulent account, I was notified by Lifelock.

dkaplanap
March 10th, 2015

Lifelock quickly identified credit inquires as suspicious. It turned out that someone had gotten hold of my SS and DOB and filled out credit card applications, with 2 of 6 being accepted. Lifelock contacted the banks with me in conference call to shut these accounts down and identify them as fraudulent. The credit inquires will be removed from the 3 credit bureaus; Lifelock initiatied that process. Thanks to Lifelock for heading this off before it became a much more serious issue.

Leslie
March 10th, 2015

Tameka was helpful and stayed on the line with me to call the CC company and the credit bureau. She made the process very easy and asked questions I did not think of. She was able to get a negative account removed from my credit report that was opened fraudulently.

Missy
March 10th, 2015

I've only been a member of LifeLock for two days, but the two representative I was communicating with were very helpful and the questions that they asked me helped them to guide me in the right direction. Chris is the one I started with and lost because I hit a wrong button and Jessica took over the communicating when I got back to where I had been before the goof on my part. Both of them were very knowledgeable and helpful. I appreciated it and would have no qualms in recommending LifeLock to someone looking for an organization to protect themselves from identity thieves.

Frank
March 10th, 2015

I have had the program for 8 years and I only called once and they told me what to do about a situation. Fortunately nothing came of it but I was happy to get some direction.

Dan Nardinger
March 9th, 2015

On March 5, 2015 an e-mail came to us on our phone advising of a withdrawal from an account that we "do not have" . My wife said several of these showed up the past week or two. I was unsettled to say the least. She went to our bank for advise, I first checked with Experion for a credit report, to check if they listed any account opened in our name by anyone. That went ok, and none showed up. Then I called Life Lock for the first time. The rep was at least 5 star. Within minutes, with partial numbers and scant information she pinpointed the source, which turned out to be a pre-paid VISA card that somehow had my wife's cell phone # attached to it. The problem was quickly resolved, and we changed our phone # partly because it was a number recd when we lived in another state for a couple years, so it needed updating anyway. I was very stressed out, hearing horror stories of identity theft, and I came away much relieved.

Jeff W
March 9th, 2015

I logged in to my account and saw that US Bank performed a credit check on me. I recently opened a business checking account at the bank so I called them and they said even though it was a business account, because there was an overdraft protection feature added to the account, the bank's policy is to do a 'soft hit' credit check on the individual representing the business. So, you alerted me to something I did not know and I feel very pleased to know you are out there behind me 'watching' what is going on. Thank you.

Joe Meditz
March 9th, 2015

I definitely love having a monthly view of all three credit reports. This is very useful to me. I also like the explanation of how to raise one's report score. The reason for the lack of 5 stars is that you still do NOT have my main bank listed on your menu. I only do business with two banks. I had to wait several days before you found the first bank, USB, now you still do not have UMB, United Missouri Bank, among your members. They keep telling me it will just be a few more days. We'll see,... Other than that, so far, so good.

Pspsassy
March 9th, 2015

After receiving a call from a supposed attorney's office saying they were going to file felony charges against me for some check that had been cashed at a paycheck in advance type company over 6 yrs. ago using my nickname and my social security number. The SS no. was the thing that "proved" my guilt. When I told them that using my nickname was NEVER anything I'd done and I had no identification using my nickname. When I asked what the paycheck company used as ID in order to cash the check and that's when I was told they were not going to handle my case and, in fact, they were sending it all back to the company that was behind the claim. I've never heard anything further about the supposed fraud they said I have committed but it scared me. I had been the victim of identity theft one time already, about 20 yrs. ago and I didn't want to ever go through that nightmare again. So I signed up with LifeLock. After explaining about the previous identity theft experience and the phone call that shook me up they said I would never have to go through anything like that alone again. I was more than relieved. I know LifeLock will put a stop to any further fraudulent activity associated with my name and/or SS number. Thank you LifeLock!

Helen M. Szablya
March 9th, 2015

I just joined Lifelock through aol, when my identity, including my phone line and phone number was stolen. Lifelock did all the right things. I had no financial loss, my reputation and my credit report did not suffer. I am sold on Lifelock and have recommended it to many people since. Thank you for doing a great job!

Steve Duran
February 16th, 2015

I've applied for cell phone service and a solar panel leasing company, not ONE notification. Rip off!

Ann Beckmann
February 12th, 2015

I received an email in French thanking me for opening an account with them. When I called in regards to this possible identity theft, I was told by the LifeLock representative, that they don't deal with outside the US, and that they could not help me. I find nothing in their advertising that indicates this coverage is only in the US. The equates to false advertising as far as I am concerned. Many of the cyber and phising attacks come from overseas. Perhaps they are making money off our fear instead of doing their job. I haven't heard any stories about people being helped by LifeLock to restore their Identities. When I called American Express, they took a report and told me they would research it and if they found fraud would pursue the matter. I don't even pay them to watch for Identity theft.

Alex
February 9th, 2015

Hortensia, : I just cancel my life lock account for the sama reason , some one used my social security number to apply to a credicard , and I was never notify by lock .

Michael bonilla
February 9th, 2015

When I purchased life lock I was disappointed in their "monitoring" service. I buy rentals and bought properties while with them and never received a ding or an alert that said I purchased the properties. So I cancelled them.

Brian
February 9th, 2015

I have been a LifeLock user for about five years. In that time I have applied for credit twice once at a utility and once while getting new phone service. As I walked out of the utility building and before I got into my car I received an instant message from LifeLock that my credit had been accessed. As I was still completing my transaction at the cell phone store I received a message that my credit had been accessed. Count me as a very satisfied customer who feels protected.

Hortensia
January 30th, 2015 Miami, FL

We received a call this morning from LifeLock that an account was being opened in my husband's name. Well, he did apply for a new Citi credit card around 5 days ago, so this was okay. However, during the month of January he also applied for an auto loan and this wasn't caught. In addition, I opened two new credit card accounts this month too and neither were reported nor were we notified. I asked the LifeLock representative about this and he basically read from a script, saying that not all transactions are caught and that our benefit was the $1million protection. Well, this protection comes in "after the fact" after our identity has been compromised, so I wonder what exactly it is they do to PREVENT identity theft if not all new accounts are caught? They only reported to us 1 out of the 4! Not a very good probability. We've had this LifeLock service for more than a few years but now I'm wondering if it's even worth it? Not sure anymore, was not very pleased with the response the representative gave us nor did he give us a good feeling about "feeling secured"!!

Fred
January 12th, 2015

I had LifeLock for several years. In Nov 2014 my checking account was invaded and drained. I did get everything restored and corrected but it was thru my bank, NOT LIfelock. I, myself, discovered the invasion thru an e-mail I got from alerts I had set on my bank account. My bank took all the corrective measures. They corrected it within 24 hours.I LifeLock never, never sent me one e-mail alert, phoned me, or notified me in any manner - even though they had my bank account info, debit card info, etc on file and this was an unusual transaction, one massive, complete withdrawal of close to $700. The only type of notification I received from Lifelock in November, when my bank and I were taking care of this, was about a new sex offender in town. Thanks a whole bunch LifeLock!! How about paying more attention to my bank and credit card accounts and letting me know when something is amiss with them, instead of concentrating on pervs and criminals. I can access that info for free thru public records. Don't waste your $$ on LifeLock. They will take your money and spend it to make more glittery and promising commercials and spend little if any to protect you.

Ken Silver
January 9th, 2015

LifeLock has done what they said they would do. They have sent notifications and called me to notify me of any new credit checks, account openings, sex offenders moving into nearby neighborhoods. Thanks LifeLock WELL worth the membership fee.

Richard
December 23rd, 2014 Lawrence, KS

Hello.. When I heard from other people who signed up with the Lifelock and I checked everything on their website. So, I am trying to sign in and see how they do service to protect on my credit, bank, etc. After four months later, I realized that Lifelock alerted me that they check on me to make sure if I apply on other credit card recently? I clicked on "No" I have not. They alerted to someone else to arrest them who use my name, SSN, my information. I have been member for the Lifelock for three years. I got about 8 times on alert and see if I apply the loan or credit, no I have not apply any credit card and job. That is very impressive service for me! I thought that my information should be hide and lock at the dentist or doctor or others, but people can find a way to get my information and use mine to make look fake to anyone. That is pretty scary! You should sign in and protect your information while you didn't know that someone have your information, so the Lifelock will do for you! Think about it and sign up the member of the Lifelock today!

Bob
December 4th, 2014

I gave had Life lock for the last few years. I was a little disenchanted with my renewal rate for 2015 going up 35% for myself and my wife. The service us good but that is a pretty steep increase so I will be looking elsewhere.

Bruce
November 24th, 2014

I have lifelock. In the last year and a half I have taken a mortgage, open two new charge cards and as recently as last week 11/2014 applied for an equity loan. And have not been contacted once by life lock to see if it was me that was involved with the new lines of credit. Great watch dogs!

andy
November 24th, 2014

Lifelock can't do anything. There was Credco mortgage company unauthorized to pull my credit, cause I did not put social security number. Lifelock alert department said some company can pull credit even without social security number. What so stupid statement is that.

Karen
November 13th, 2014

Life lock has been nothing but a thorn in our sides. We changed our credit card number and wanted to discontinue our Lifelock automatic payment account. We got 3 charges on our new card number from Lifelock. When we called them they claimed our credit card company called them to give them our new card number. We are always on hold for at least 15 minutes the Lifelock and they could not find our account when we called. We would not recommend Lifelock since they did nothing for us.

roland
October 29th, 2014

their customer verification is too difficult causing problems in their system--This also causes liflock to cut you off from some of thier services even if you pay for it. Even if the mistake is their problem.

Robert Harbick
October 27th, 2014

This is one of those rare companies that does exactly what they say they will do. Spend what ever it takes to protect your identity, and if needed, repairing it. When my wife had her identity stolen, and our checking account hacked, they immediately did everything needed to repair our credit, get the check verification services in line, and recover our data. This company should be rated higher than a 10!

Sarah
October 20th, 2014

Lifelock has done what they said they would do. They have sent notifications and called me to notify me of new charges that might be a problem! Thanks Lifelock!

Brett N.
October 7th, 2014

Lifelock has done an excellent job providing me with the needs my family and I need to ensure our IDTheft needs are taken care of. I am constantly seeing breaches in the news which make me nervous about my identity, it seems places where I use my CC are constantly being breached. Lifelock is the source and service to ensuring it stays safe and my experience with them to this point has been top notch. Highly recommend their service!

benny colvett
October 6th, 2014

Perhaps I expected way too much. BUT I had 2 transactions over $400 each and on one it was the purchase of a gun and it took 4 days to send me any kind of notification. The other was a $400 withdrawal and on the 3rd day without getting any type of notification I called and was asking just what reason that they had for taking so terribly long to notify me and the customer service said that they were closing my account and hung up on me. So what kind of business are you running. Are you just there to take money and we questioned you drop the client. Very horrible and terrible service and customer relationship. I would not recommend you to nobody.

Stefanie
July 18th, 2014

I would go without cable or phone before I go without LifeLock!! My husband and I travel quite a bit, out of country. He's always using his corporate cards. His Identity was stolen a few years ago in an airport (cards scanned in his wallet - YES this can happen!). Within 24 hours, over $20k was charged. I saw a commercial for LifeLock (after spending days on the phone with every account customer service I had). I signed up immediately. Over the last few years, LifeLock has been a LIFE SAVER! They call us if there is a larger than normal purchase to confirm. When I travel, they put notes on my account of when/where I will be. Both my husband and I work in technology (storage, the Cloud) and we know LifeLock has us covered! 4+ yrs....

Bob
July 15th, 2014

They have done exactly what they say they will.

Amber
July 10th, 2014

LifeLock's customer service has always been responsive and I like the alerts I get on a regular basis. I like LifeLock and would definitely recommended them to others.

michael ciabocchi
July 10th, 2014

i signed up for lifelock ultimate 1 day ago. was sent a tem id and password, got logged in. after successfully changing my ID to my email, i could not chaNge the temp password because the system was down. today i started the process again, all was smooth until i was asked 3 questions and whether they related to me( street name etc) and how much was my mo bill for the last car leased or bought. (seperated from my wife,i tried calling her because u have a whopping 5 minutes to answer questions...it's natural that some spouse pay bills and the other does not know or remember the amount.. i tried reaching my wife, unable, so i guessed. i was wrong. i was given 1 chance to answer another qustion which was what state was my ssn related To. had the right answer, got a notice sorry, we can't verify your id ,call this number. i cAll the number explain the issue, i'm then asked to answer a series of questions related to my credit report such as who is my mortgage with (my loan has been bot and sold at least 5x since i took it out) i don't pay most bills so i stated i would probably not be able to answer Some things because my wife pays a good majority and i don't have a clue how much my utility bill may be. so iasked if i could conference in my wife to help me answer questions and was told no, you have to call back wioth her on the phone. what? i can't conference her in, don't live with her so how do i call back with her on the phone, meet her and share a cell phone and answer questions. ? what's the difference between caling back with her already conferenced in and being physically with her? so i was told if i tried and answered incorrecty i would have to furnish a copy of my credit report(really?) or verify my id with a utility bill(it's in my wife's name so i have no utility bill in my name) and some other things. i asked if i could cancel, but before that's done can i try the process again. i was told no. unfortunately some couples seperate or get divorced and lets say the husband continues to provide financial support, which is not an issue) but doesn't know who the mortgage is paid to or other questions related to bills THAT I PROVIDE $ FOR BUT DON'T PHYSICALLY PAY , HENCE I MIGHT NOT KNOW THE AMOUNT OF THE UTILITY BILL, OR WHO HOLDS MY MORTGAGE, OR THE PAYMENT ON MY LAST CAR LOAN OR LEASE PAYMENT BECAUSE MY WIFE PAYS THEM, I PROVIDE THE $$> HOW CAN U POSSIBLY ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS, AND IF U CANNOT, JUST WASTE MORE TIME, SIGN UP TO A CREDIT BUREAU AND GET A CREDIT REPORT AND SENT IT OVER AND YOU'LL HEAR FROM US..WHEN? A WEEK, A MONTH A YEAR. WELL SIR AFTER YOU ANSWERED 1 QUSTION WRONG NEAR THE END YOU COULD HAVE HIT THE BACK BUTTON AND RETRIED, REALLY? WHERE DID IT SAY THAT. IT DOESN'T..IT TAKES YOU TO THE 4TH QUESTION ABOUT WHERE YOU SSN#(STATE) ORIGINATED FROM)...THAT'S WHERE I GOT BOUNCED. ROUGHLY BETWEEN LAST EVENING AND THIS AM I SPENT 2-3 HOURS TRYING TO SORT THIS OUT. $25 BUCKS A MONTH. I WOULD NOT PAY A DOLLAR FOR THE SERVICE , WHICH I COULDN'T DO ANYWAY BECAUSE I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS THAT SEPERATED COUPLES OR DIVORCED COUPLES MIGHT NOT KNOW...GOOD LUCK LIFE LOCK...IF YOU ARE IN MY SHOES, UNFORTUNATELY SEPERATED, DON'T WASTE 3 HOURS AND LOTS OF HEADACHES. ONE DEPT HAS NO IDEA WHAT THE OTHER ONE MAY ASK YOU. IT'S NOT SEAMLESS, IT'S SOUNDS LIKE A GOOD IDEA, BUT NOT MY CUP OF TEA... LIFELOCK, LISTEN CLOSELY, FROM THE MARRIAGE FOUNDATION, BASED ON CURRENT RATES OF DIVORCE, 39% OF COUPLES WILL DIVORCE. COUPLES THAT SURVIVE THE FIRST DECADE FACE IDENTICAL RATES OF DIVORCE REGARDLESS OF WHEN MARRIED. 1 IN 5 OCCUR AFTER 20 YEARS AND ON AND ON..YOU ARE MISSING A DEMOGRAPHIC THAT REALLY BOGGLES MY MIND THAT NO ONE IN SENIOR MANAGEMENT HAS FIGURED OUT. IF I CAN'T ANSWER QUESTIONS ABOUT FINANCES, HOW CAN I EVER BE APPROVED FOR YOUR SERVICE. I ANSWER 2 OUT OF 3 CORRECTLY , WAS GIVEN, I THOUGHT A CHANCE AT REDEMTION BY CORRECTLY ANSWERING THE 4TH TO NO AVAIL AND CANCELLED MY "MEMBERSHIP" OH YEAH "ON A PRO RATA BASIS" SINCE SIGNING UP..THAT WAS ABOUT 20 HOURS AGO. CAVEAT EMPTOR

Debbie Singer
July 10th, 2014

My father had Lifelock for several years. When he became ill, I found fraud dating back for a year. I advised them about the fraud and they told me to first work with the credit card company and when the credit card company made their determination and there were still disputed charges they would then start their review of the situation. I did as they told me and during the credit card company investigation my father died. I have full POA and I am the sole heir to the estate. I contacted them to get them to intervene as instructed and they refused. They said the fact that my father died meant they no longer had any responsibility. I pointed out to them that the fraud occurred while he was alive and the fraud had been reported to them prior to his death. His death should not invalidate them protecting him from the fraud that occurred during the dates he was covered and all premiums had been paid in good faith. This is a contractual violation. I have filed a complaint with the BBB as well as the Texas Attorney General's office. I will take further action if need be but that is so unfair that I would have to go to these lengths to obtain their assistance, under the contract, that my dad paid for. Period.

Sarah Tackett
July 10th, 2014

We have had LifeLock many years now. In all the years I have only received one piece of mail from them. Wonder if they even know I pay a monthly fee to be a member? :(

don
July 10th, 2014

My experience with LifeLock was mixed initially and then became worse this year. Most of what I was paying for seemed to be the credit monitoring service. However, when someone opened a cell phone account in my name and worked under my social security number, I didn't get an alert because it wasn't reported to a credit bureau. Then we called to get help from LifeLock and they said sorry that's not covered under our plan and we had to fix it ourselves. Totally different than the commercials make it seem. I now see several lawsuits so maybe I'm not the only one.

Salem Z.
May 28th, 2014

I was a Lemon wallet user and they took over updated the app to lifelock and my credit card info was still there. But on the latest update I cannot access their service anymore where my username and password doesn't work. I need to delete my credit cards details and I'm stuck now. What if someone manages to get access to this account how should I know?! Won't this defeats the purpose?!