We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning and dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company also provides limited power of attorney/time with restoration specialists and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

NortonLifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million-dollar protection package.

This million-dollar protection package covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and childcare, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers four identity theft protection options to choose from: the Standard plan that costs $9.99 per month, the Select plan that also costs $9.99 per month, the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month, and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month.

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more. The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has four identity protection plan options — the Standard plan, the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal. NortonLifeLock does not monitor all transactions at all businesses. Phone alerts are made during normal local business hours.

4.0

RUDY FLORES

April 20th, 2015

so far so good had life lock since October 2014 and feel very safe please keep up the good work

Edward Young

April 20th, 2015

LifeLock is a fantastic service. I purchased a portable generator, shortly after the transaction, I was contacted to determine if in fact I made the purchase. I feel comfortable that LifeLock is looking after my financial assets.

Patty

April 20th, 2015

Lifelock has been a godsend to me and my husband who are both senior citizens. We are not scared to use our credit card anymore knowing that LIfelock is on the job. They have called us immediately whenever we open a new account or buy a large item to see if it was us. It is worth every penny. Thank you Lifelock.

Sue

April 20th, 2015

I have the standard service of Lifelock and couldn't be happier. Thanks to AOL for providing such a great service. I was one of the people affected by the Anthem hack and know that with Lifelock I don't have to worry about my credit being compromised. I have been building my credit worthiness up for the last couple of years and don't want to have it ambushed.

Andre Sullivan

April 20th, 2015

Lifelock was first to inform me my identity had been used to purchase ten phone lines from Sprint. Before I had received anything from Sprint the problem had been taken care of and Sprint had closed the accounts. I did receive a bill for $878.00 from Sprint along with a letter acknowledging fraudelent use of my identity. A LifeLock representative then guided me through the process of putting a seven year alert on all of the credit bureaus for peace of mind. This whole process took less than twenty minutes.

Donald Worz

April 20th, 2015

I've only had one problem in years. Life Lock immediately notified me and directed me through the process to rectify the situation. Your personnel were extremely helpful, knowledgeable, and efficient. Of course you only hope that this is the only breach of your ID, you don't know what you don't know! I hope Life Lock continues to watch out for me.

Arlene Henderson

April 20th, 2015

Thank you LIfelock for catching the fraudulent credit application. Your representative was exceptionally helpful furnishing me info. I took the "bull by the horns" and proceeded to contact the bank the card was to be issued from and reported the fraud, which then placed an alert on any info coming from the address that was on the application. I would be very interested, though to discover how the crooks obtained by SSN, birth date, etc up in Richmond Hills, NY. Your immediate service also afforded me the ability to put a fraud alert on my credit with the Experian and other agencies for 90 days, which I may extend for safety. Keep up the good work!

Don R

April 20th, 2015

lifelock has done a unbelievable job. they notified me of a credit card being opened in my name. they acted very swiftly and got the card canceled and the fraud reported. lifelock is a must! member for life

Beth

April 20th, 2015

I think lifelock is an important service.. In the past they have alerted me and I have been really happy with the service but then on Feb 23rd of this year, there was a breach and Lifelock did not inform me.. When I second breach came in March , then I learned of both.. It surprised me that they didn't notify me because usually they are on top of their game... Now I feel yes and no about them. Fearful of them missing something or not informing me...What's going on?

C Gary Taylor

April 20th, 2015

Thanks LifeLock! I have had 2 recent attempts for some unknown criminal to use my stolen identity information only to be stopped by LifeLock before they could get an account opened. I think LifeLock is great and this day and time I wouldn't want to be without it. I recommend LifeLock to others often.

Janice Wheeler

April 20th, 2015

I was notified that a new acct was being opened in my name within a hour of when I applied. Was very impressed that I was called so quickly. This is the 1st time I had ever rec contact other than when my payment is due

Steve

April 20th, 2015

In the past, I would have given this company at least a '8' or above. Not anymore. A complete '0'. For the past several weeks (the last notice being on April 4) all notices of any activity on my account stopped coming in. The only assistance (if you want to call it that) I got from them was to delete all accounts and then re-enter them. What a complete waste of my time. Still no alerts. I think they might have been hacked because they still don't have any answers. I quickly cancelled my account and will never deal with this company again. Beware of this company.

Mike

April 14th, 2015

Lifelock customer service is terrible.

Amanda Arroyo

April 10th, 2015

My poor brother passed away in Feb. and he had paid this company quite a bit of money for identity theft protection. His account was hacked twice in December and money was taken from his account, with no notification from LifeLock.I recently tried to file a claim with Lifelock, it was denied, even though my name was on his account. Terrible company!

Mike

April 9th, 2015

I signed up with LL about 2 months ago. Just found 2 fraudulent charges on a credit card that is protected by LL totaling $250! No alerts from LL...having to deal with it myself. So far I'm not impressed.

Sharon

April 8th, 2015

So far I have no complaints. I would like the option to list more than 4 credit cards to be protected, please.

Bill K

April 8th, 2015

I was notified by lifelock that someone had attempted to open cell phone accountswith my info. And Thanks to LifeLock we were able to stop it before it went to far

Mary Agan

April 8th, 2015

I have complete confidence that Lifelock will protect me and will notify me of any problems regarding anything on my computer. I would recommend it to anyone I know. I believe I have the Standard Program. But they called me immediately and e-mailed me immediately a few months ago when someone tried to open an account in my name.

Tom V.

April 8th, 2015

Within minutes of applying for a new business acct. credit card, I was notified by Lifelock via email, that someone had mad an inquiry into my personal credentials. Lifelock wanted to know if this was my doing or not? Nice to know they've got my back! Thank You Lifelock

Rufino Gomez

April 8th, 2015

Your customer service telephone contact wait time is unacceptable. I called and waited over 15 minutes and never was provided assistance over the phone. As result I had to email your customer service department more than once to get my double billing problem resolved.

Othol Buskey

April 8th, 2015

I just love the way i get an email saying this month there's no fraudulent ativity made against your credit report.

Pete Sweers

April 8th, 2015

While trying to get new phone service for my mother who moved into a nursing home, the provider did a credit check on me. Lifelock went on the alert and kept track of the process, contacting me and asking if I was signing up for this new service. It was me, and I responded as soon as I was able. Thank you Lifelock for your diligence.

Verma Sweet

April 8th, 2015

Lifelock called me on a Saturday morning personal no recorder a live person, asking about activities going on with our credit. The things they saw was shocking and made me sick to stomach. Someone had gotten my information and start purchasing things all across the United States. Lifelock walked us through the steps we needed to take. Contact the police to file a report, our credit cards, banks and they took over. We was updated weekly sometimes twice a week of what was happen with fixing my credit. It was a very stressful time, but they FIXED IT. Thanks Lifelock we couldn't or haven't stop singing your prays.

Duane

April 8th, 2015

I had a question and you got back to me right away with what I needed and I already received my credit report and beautiful score. THANK YOU

Renee

April 8th, 2015

I think I have been a member for 3+ years and there is really nothing to tell. I have had no problems since my tax problem and I am glad for that.

Nick

March 25th, 2015

I have purchased 3 houses since I joined Lifelock. Lifelock's emails told me they had good news and that I had no activity during the periods of the loans being processed. Seems like a pretty worthless service. I am wondering how many other things have been purchased using my credentials that I am not aware of!

Karen

March 17th, 2015

It didn't work, and I wrote to them several times, and here's what I finally was told even after asking if there was a service I could PAY for. If I have to do it myself, then why click on their link? Here is their reply: Unfortunately, we're not able to assist in the opt out process. If the company has additional criteria that must be met, you would need to follow this in order to complete the opt out. If you're having trouble with a particular site, please attempt to contact them directly to request this removal. LifeLock does not offer, nor can we refer you to, a paid service that can remove this information for you. I apologize for the inconvenience. Amber LifeLock Support Team

Shirlee Boring

March 16th, 2015

When my husband and I purchased a new car last year our salesman did the usual "I just have to check a few things, and I'll be right back" then in less than five minutes my husband and I both got a text on our cell phones letting us know someone was attempting to check our credit. We looked at each other and cracked up laughing! We love you Life Lock

Boyd

March 16th, 2015

LifeLock has even better than I expected. At least twice they have notified me of suspicious credit card charges, which allowed me to cancel the cards before any more charges were made. The credit card carrier removed the charges in both cases. LifeLock also notified me that one of my email accounts and my password had been sold on the black market. I immediately changed my password. Shortly afterwards, I began receiving all kinds of scams, offers, etc. That's been over a year ago, and I still receive lot's of junk emails on that account. I wholeheartedly recommend LifeLock.

Joanne Walen

March 16th, 2015

This is the third year in a row that I have had identity theft trouble with the IRS. The Lifelock representative I spoke with kept asking me when I had filed my return this year after I told him three times that I hadn't filed yet, so I guess he wasn't listening very closely to what I was telling him. I expected more attention. On all other occasions they have been very attentive to my identity theft issues.

Kris

March 16th, 2015 Pleasant Grove, UT

LifeLock contacted me because my identity may have been breached. The specialist that contacted me by phone was helpful, courteous and thorough. We are continuing to keep my case as a "watch" until we are satisfied all of our questions are answered. My thanks go to the LifeLock team!

Jean Campbell

March 16th, 2015

I have had no problems but I appreciate the sex offender notifications. I especially like the current credit scores.

AliceS

March 16th, 2015

I had Lifelock Ultimate for over a year, and decided that I wasn't getting much out of it. I called to cancel a few days ago. NOW, I discover that my SSN has been stolen, and LIFELOCK DID NOT INFORM ME!

2014Ken

March 12th, 2015

In Late January I traded cars and financed a newer model. I was surprised that when the dealer applied for the credit, they went through multiple credit agencies. I received several alerts all at about the same time, asking if this was my activity or someone trying to use my identity. To my pleasant surprise, Lifelock caught someone trying to utilize the dealerships backwall in contacting a couple of those agencies mentioned. Luckily Lifelock was on the spot and I was able to clarify my purchase and thru the correct finance company. Thanks Lifelock, you saved me tons of grief. Much appreciaed.

Lovpepl

March 12th, 2015

I have been with LifeLock since they started and have been very pleased at how they watch and prptect people, only one thing when I renewed this year lady told me they would send me a shredder like the one they advertise on TV, but so far have not received it and think maybe she was just satisfying me and saying yes but it will not come to me.

Woody Quinn

March 12th, 2015

Their computer kept sending me messages that it was unable to access one of my protected accounts. The CSR suggested that the bank may have changed their access security, or their could have been a data breach attempt. Checked with bank, there were unauthorized access attempts, so they tightened their security. LL then advise how to remove the account from the "vault." LL folk helpful and friendly as always .

Mike Mccuskey

March 12th, 2015

Having had lifelock for several years they have contacted on many occasions to make sure it was me making a major purchase. I would suggest signing up for lifelock to anyone concerned about their identity being stolen.

Gary

March 12th, 2015

!0 minutes after someone tried to use my identity to open a fraudulent account, I was notified by Lifelock.

dkaplanap

March 10th, 2015

Lifelock quickly identified credit inquires as suspicious. It turned out that someone had gotten hold of my SS and DOB and filled out credit card applications, with 2 of 6 being accepted. Lifelock contacted the banks with me in conference call to shut these accounts down and identify them as fraudulent. The credit inquires will be removed from the 3 credit bureaus; Lifelock initiatied that process. Thanks to Lifelock for heading this off before it became a much more serious issue.

Leslie

March 10th, 2015

Tameka was helpful and stayed on the line with me to call the CC company and the credit bureau. She made the process very easy and asked questions I did not think of. She was able to get a negative account removed from my credit report that was opened fraudulently.

Missy

March 10th, 2015

I've only been a member of LifeLock for two days, but the two representative I was communicating with were very helpful and the questions that they asked me helped them to guide me in the right direction. Chris is the one I started with and lost because I hit a wrong button and Jessica took over the communicating when I got back to where I had been before the goof on my part. Both of them were very knowledgeable and helpful. I appreciated it and would have no qualms in recommending LifeLock to someone looking for an organization to protect themselves from identity thieves.

Frank

March 10th, 2015

I have had the program for 8 years and I only called once and they told me what to do about a situation. Fortunately nothing came of it but I was happy to get some direction.

Dan Nardinger

March 9th, 2015

On March 5, 2015 an e-mail came to us on our phone advising of a withdrawal from an account that we "do not have" . My wife said several of these showed up the past week or two. I was unsettled to say the least. She went to our bank for advise, I first checked with Experion for a credit report, to check if they listed any account opened in our name by anyone. That went ok, and none showed up. Then I called Life Lock for the first time. The rep was at least 5 star. Within minutes, with partial numbers and scant information she pinpointed the source, which turned out to be a pre-paid VISA card that somehow had my wife's cell phone # attached to it. The problem was quickly resolved, and we changed our phone # partly because it was a number recd when we lived in another state for a couple years, so it needed updating anyway. I was very stressed out, hearing horror stories of identity theft, and I came away much relieved.

Jeff W

March 9th, 2015

I logged in to my account and saw that US Bank performed a credit check on me. I recently opened a business checking account at the bank so I called them and they said even though it was a business account, because there was an overdraft protection feature added to the account, the bank's policy is to do a 'soft hit' credit check on the individual representing the business. So, you alerted me to something I did not know and I feel very pleased to know you are out there behind me 'watching' what is going on. Thank you.

Joe Meditz

March 9th, 2015

I definitely love having a monthly view of all three credit reports. This is very useful to me. I also like the explanation of how to raise one's report score. The reason for the lack of 5 stars is that you still do NOT have my main bank listed on your menu. I only do business with two banks. I had to wait several days before you found the first bank, USB, now you still do not have UMB, United Missouri Bank, among your members. They keep telling me it will just be a few more days. We'll see,... Other than that, so far, so good.

Pspsassy

March 9th, 2015

After receiving a call from a supposed attorney's office saying they were going to file felony charges against me for some check that had been cashed at a paycheck in advance type company over 6 yrs. ago using my nickname and my social security number. The SS no. was the thing that "proved" my guilt. When I told them that using my nickname was NEVER anything I'd done and I had no identification using my nickname. When I asked what the paycheck company used as ID in order to cash the check and that's when I was told they were not going to handle my case and, in fact, they were sending it all back to the company that was behind the claim. I've never heard anything further about the supposed fraud they said I have committed but it scared me. I had been the victim of identity theft one time already, about 20 yrs. ago and I didn't want to ever go through that nightmare again. So I signed up with LifeLock. After explaining about the previous identity theft experience and the phone call that shook me up they said I would never have to go through anything like that alone again. I was more than relieved. I know LifeLock will put a stop to any further fraudulent activity associated with my name and/or SS number. Thank you LifeLock!

Helen M. Szablya

March 9th, 2015

I just joined Lifelock through aol, when my identity, including my phone line and phone number was stolen. Lifelock did all the right things. I had no financial loss, my reputation and my credit report did not suffer. I am sold on Lifelock and have recommended it to many people since. Thank you for doing a great job!

Steve Duran

February 16th, 2015

I've applied for cell phone service and a solar panel leasing company, not ONE notification. Rip off!

Ann Beckmann

February 12th, 2015

I received an email in French thanking me for opening an account with them. When I called in regards to this possible identity theft, I was told by the LifeLock representative, that they don't deal with outside the US, and that they could not help me. I find nothing in their advertising that indicates this coverage is only in the US. The equates to false advertising as far as I am concerned. Many of the cyber and phising attacks come from overseas. Perhaps they are making money off our fear instead of doing their job. I haven't heard any stories about people being helped by LifeLock to restore their Identities. When I called American Express, they took a report and told me they would research it and if they found fraud would pursue the matter. I don't even pay them to watch for Identity theft.

Alex

February 9th, 2015

Hortensia, : I just cancel my life lock account for the sama reason , some one used my social security number to apply to a credicard , and I was never notify by lock .