Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
$100 Guarantee
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers. Identity theft criminals often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their service packages to further customer satisfaction and protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive identity theft protection and identity restoration services including lost wallet protection, in addition to a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other identity theft protection companies.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

Craig
October 18th, 2016 Boise, ID

So far, so good! I have been a member of LifeLock for over 3 years. In that time they have sent me over a dozen different notifications regarding attempts on my identity. In each and every case, a resolution was made, keeping my credit safe. I have been very pleased with their performance on my behalf.

Neil C Dunn
September 26th, 2016 Concord, NC

Get an alert to call them and there is never anyone to talk to. Been a member for years and will be cancelling. They are a JOKE!

Alice
September 5th, 2016 Albany, CA

When I was a victim of identity fraud/theft it was almost impossible for me to reach somebody who was supposed to be my "agent". And when I finally got a real person, due only to my demanding to speak to a person, she was hurried and rude and unhelpful. I honestly don't don't what I will do now.I agree with Jeff's description of their terrible customer service.

Jeff
August 1st, 2016 Houston, TX

I had an issue with someone opening a fraudulent credit card in my name. I had LifeLock for over 6 years when this occurred. LifeLock sent an alert within a couple of hours of the credit inquiry. That is the good part. Other than sending me an alert about the credit inquiry, they really were no help with anything else. Their customer service is very inefficient and frustrating to deal with. They seem to be compartmentalized regarding their operation and no person I spoke with knew what the other was doing. When I called I always talked to a new person who had not reference for my issue, and I had to keep regurgitating the facts over and over again. LifeLock's 1 Million insurance will not cover any legal fees if you plan on bringing an action against the credit card company, who in my case was grossly negligent. I called the credit card company myself, but got the run around. I then contacted the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB) and made an online complaint through them. Believe it or not, I got an email from the executive office of the credit card company within 48 hours referencing my complaint with the CFPB, and after a week or so the credit card company acknowledged their mistake. IMHO, LifeLock's service is overpriced for what you get compared to other service providers.

Jamie Chambers
July 25th, 2016 North Augusta, SC

Life lock is hands down the best in the industry! I receive both email and text message alerts. I can honestly say I feel more secure knowing I am protected by this service. Someone tried obtaining a credit card with my stolen information, life lock immediately contacted me, giving me the information I needed to contact the proper authorities. I have told all my family and friends to use life lock, and will continue to do so! Thank you life lock you have given me peace of mind.

Nicholas Roberts
June 29th, 2016

The service costs too much to add children. Additionally, they don't support accounts with multi-factor authentication well. If your bank or credit card company uses multi-factor authentication (a username and password, and then a security question) you will have to babysit your LifeLock account on a regular basis (multiple times a week). They support a single question, however the next time that security question rotates to a different question, you will have to log in to LifeLock to change your answer again. Furthermore, they are usually slow to get alerts. They usually lag 24-48 hours behind any transaction made, sometimes longer. If you want to get an alert within hours or minutes of a transaction, look elsewhere.

MS Smith
June 20th, 2016

The customer service is HORRIBLE. I spoke with 3 different people at lifelock. None of them could answer questions I had intelligently. I was enrolling 3 members of our company due to a security breach. We had to hang up and call back for each one. By the time we got to the 3rd member we decided to go online and enroll. After enrolling him online we printed the receipt which contained ALL of his personal information. I have to turn this receipt into the Finance Dept. That just doesn't seem very secure to me from a company that prides itself on protecting your ID.

John R.
June 15th, 2016

Terrible service. When I watched their infomercials they show a group of people in a room and when they try to access their accounts, everyone with Lifelock got a text message within seconds of the attempt. In reality, whenever a questionable charge hit my accounts, it took Lifelock a MINIMUM of 24 hours to notify me. In some instances, especially on weekends or holidays, it would take up to 72 hours to notify me. A lot of damage can be done to your account in 24 to 72 hours. I lost confidence in this service quickly. Calls to LifeLock Customer Service were answered with comments like this slow service is normal. They didn't know what I was talking about when I cited their advertising. I did a better job myself by just checking my banking online daily. I would see things posted to it within minutes of charges being placed. Why it should take LifeLock days to notify me is unconscionable...and deceptive advertising in my opinion.

lee
June 6th, 2016 Apopka, FL

Had a problem and Lifelock did absolutely nothing except tell me how to fix on my own unless I wanted to hire outside help

Reginald Hughes
May 19th, 2016

One of our credit card companies notified us of scams against us on two occasions. Both times, LifeLock must have been clueless, as they didn't contact us at all.

John H
May 18th, 2016

My wife and I started with Lifelock in Feb 2015 after the reports of data breaches of multiple large companies/providers that had our personal information. I appreciate the monitoring and the levels I can set for notifications on bank withdrawals or transfers. The online interface is very friendly and easy to navigate. May of 2016, we received a phone call from LifeLock indicating a possible "fraudulant activity" through 2 service providers. Sure enough our personal information had been stolen and the thief was trying to open accounts through banks and cellular providers. Lifelock disputed these and resolved these in the course of 4 calendar days. Although it has been difficult to access a person for assistance on occasion, once we got a single point of contact to work with, our ease of access increased. They have been very prompt, responsive, and supportive, answering any questions and providing avenues and guidance to us on steps to take. I definitely am greatful for the protection investment I made prior to this happening. I would not have known otherwise until it was too late. In total, I have received over 15 letters from failed open accounts and successful disputes that Lifelock has assisted me in. I am sure they will keep rolling in. This is a service that I paid for that I can actually say has delivered on the promises that they make in their sales pitch. It has given me piece of mind.

David Berman
May 18th, 2016

My CPA informed me that someone used my social security number fraudulently to obtain a tax refund. I immediately called LifeLock and reported it. The representative promised to email me some forms, but I never received any emails. I contacted them by email and received no answer. I have their most comprehensive plan, and expected at the very least, for them to do what they said they would do.

Carmen Mitoff
May 17th, 2016

I was really surprised at how quickly LifeLock contacted me about a request I made for credit with a retail store, that is when I realized that they are really on the ball. I was definitely impressed with this and I now know that I will continue using their services for the foreseeable future and I also highly recommend them for anyone who wants to feel secure from identity theft.

Mitroka
May 17th, 2016

This has been such a relief for me. Not having to think about this stuff has taken a lot of stress out of my life. I recommend it to others whenever I can. Well worth the money.

Becky
May 17th, 2016

I am happy with all their services and their customer service. I've had to call a couple of times to ask questions about their website, and/or how to navigate. Always friendly and knowledgeable help.

Joe Seco
May 17th, 2016

Since my signing in, their reporting has been on schedule. A transaction overseas was picked up in minutes and notified. So far, the monitoring is excellent. Keep it up!

Daniel Leist
May 17th, 2016

I had my identity stolen and joined LifeLock. LifeLock does a great job monitoring my financial transactions and gives me alerts for any transaction out of the ordinary. I feel comfortable and safe with this monitoring.

dougpircher
May 17th, 2016

I love LifeLock and the protection I receive. I feel confident having LifeLock.. However, I miss the screen on the homepage showing our credit scores. This was an excellent feature and I wish they would bring it back.

Carole Fawcett
May 17th, 2016

I don't have time in my busy life to monitor all my credit cards, reports, everything. It is so reassuring to know that Lifelock is doing that for me. Thanks Lifelock.

Co
May 17th, 2016

Knowing that LifeLock is constantly monitoring my accounts gives me a sense of security that's priceless. I try to keep an eye on my accounts but I can't do it constantly like they do. I love that extra layer of protection.

William D
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock has warned me when something out of the ordinary occurs on my credit accounts. Fortunately it was me doing a different than usual routine. But it shows that they are on top of things. And I appreciate that.

Albert Saul
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock notified me that there were six requests to open credit cards in my name. They called all the stores to notify them that these was fraudulent requests. Lifelock helped me avoid a nightmare.

ellachazan
May 17th, 2016

Thanks to LifeLock I survived the aftermath of my social security number being stolen! They notified me, and took care of all the credit agencies, and dealt with the retail stores where the thieves made applications using my information. I don't know how I would have done this without their intervention and resolution!

Kate
May 17th, 2016

Life lock makes me feel safe. The representative I worked with over the phone was outstanding. She answered all of my questions and even stayed on the phone with me while I entered my credit card information. I like getting updates and other news via email.

samiam
May 17th, 2016

I have had a couple of problems in the past year and Life Lock was right there to help me out and settle the problem. I don't know what I would have done without them and I am sure it would have cost me a substantial amount of money. They made it so much easier to settle.

Judy
May 17th, 2016

I really liked hearing from LifeLock to let me know that all was well with my account. Thanks for the good service!

Nancy J
May 17th, 2016

I'm a victim of identity theft and have been working with lifelock and they have really been helpful on the steps I need to take to resolve this. If I contact my rep from lifelock they call me back in a timely matter and answer any questions I have.

James Higham
May 17th, 2016

Very efficient company; they are very service orientated, extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with on any issue. Keep up the good work!

Roger Brogren
May 17th, 2016

Lifelock is totally transparent, always there, and a necessity in my opinion! Only negative comment is that it is somewhat hard to reload files after a disc crash.

Linda
May 17th, 2016

It's very reassuring to know that LifeLock is so vigilant in looking for threats to our identity, & it's also reassuring to know that if our identity is breached, LifeLock is there to help us in the recovery process.

Arthur Williams
May 10th, 2016

Only last week a third party tried to hack into my computer. And there have been other attempts to steel my identity, too. I'm much more comfortable with my LifeLock protection.

Jocelyn Blease
May 10th, 2016

Although I always take precautions, shredding, erasing my web history, etc., it's good to know Lifelock has my back. I recently thought I may have an incident and they were so professional and knowledgeable and walked me through the different protocols. I am so glad I do business with this company!

Janet Van Ert
May 10th, 2016

I have always been kept informed as to how things are going with my account on a regular basis which makes me feel very secure in the fact that someone is looking after the accounts.

James
May 10th, 2016

Having received notice from vendors who have access to my personal information with notices of their storage having been compromised, it's comforting to know LifeLock is monitoring our family accounts.

Bernadette Belcastro
May 10th, 2016

LifeLock notified me the same day that someone tried to open an account with a company in my name. I couldn't be happier that I have this service. I will never give it up.

Karen Archie
May 10th, 2016

I really love LifeLock services. Sometimes I feel that they are a little excessive, I appreciate those alerts letting me know that someone might be trying to get credit using my identity. Those alerts are a little scary because in your mind you are wondering who might be the one trying to get access to my personal information or get credit using my identity. I am so impressed with LIfeLock that I have told family and friends about LifeLock. I told them if they watch TV , LifeLock has plenty of commercials and when those commercials come you write down the phone number and call them. I have given strangers your phone number because I have my sticker stuck on the back of my I-Phone. Yes! I will and have recommend LifeLock to friends, family, and strangers.

Linda Santo
May 10th, 2016

I've always gotten updates .... And when I applied for credit card ....life lock wanted to know if it was me who applied .... To make sure someone else was trying to open account in my name ....I really appreciate them watching out for me

Ramona Lokken
May 10th, 2016

I tried to apply for a Credit Card and immediately received a call and text message advising me of the application and wanted to verify if it was me. Great service

Eric
May 10th, 2016

Very fast alerts, phone & text regarding potential fraudulent activities. Great customer service with real people as opposed to a computer. Easy to use web site with good information. Overall great product.

Stan Wilke
May 10th, 2016

Appreciate LifeLocks' monthly update 'E-Mail' !!! Receiving this 'E-Mail' affords me the knowledge that LifeLock is always looking out for my security .