Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
$100 Guarantee
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers. Identity theft criminals often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their service packages to further customer satisfaction and protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive identity theft protection and identity restoration services including lost wallet protection, in addition to a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other identity theft protection companies.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

KSimo
April 20th, 2016

Lifelock is great, I work in a sensitive position and was informed my personal information had been compromised, but I've always had lifelock and nothing has transpired from that data breach effecting my person.

Mary
April 20th, 2016

I like knowing that I have extra protection against my accounts. I am notified immediately when I try to open other accounts which effect my identity.

Adonis
April 13th, 2016

They dont answer the phone ! 20 min hold times ! Called 3 times and same results ! Avoid

Jim Barbuzzi
April 13th, 2016

I was a member of Life Lock for a couple of years. My wife and I were paying our dues annually on her credit card. When I became unemployed we decided not to renew our membership so I called to cancel and they put me on hold listening to identity theft horror stories. When they finally answered the phone a very nice gentleman convinced me to renew my membership but just pay monthly rather than one large annual payment. I thought that would be the most sensible thing to do until one month later I noticed that they took the total annual payment out of my checking account without my consent. Now i'm wondering if I will need identity theft protection from Life Lock. Jim B

Grandma Fran
April 11th, 2016

I love the alerts. It just assures me that someone is always checking my financial activities. Recently I was advised of a criminal moving into my town. For someone with children this is so important.

Carole
April 11th, 2016

Excellent follow-up for account inquiries. Team members sincerely have protection of our personal interests as a #1 priority. However, Seniors should have a discount, and a further allowance for multiple family members included in the plan, when service rates are established each year.

Marlene
April 1st, 2016

had lifelock for 1 yr after having id stolen thru Anthem/BlueCross/Blue Shield in Jan of last yr. Cancelled my service after getting an e-mail that it would cost $220.00 for another yrs protection. Was given hard sell to try and keep me but was polite in telling the rep that I decided to go with my banks protection plan. I had 2 cases with lifelock were I was not notified of a large purchase until 3 days after it happened and another where my bank caught the fraud. After cancelling the next day I got 1000 scam e-mails (not joking) and 1 of my credit cards was charged with $600.00 in charges - just too coincidental after cancelling and the next day had this happen. Would not recommend this company.

Lisa Schulze
April 11th, 2016

I've had a breech and you guys don't know it.

caroline
April 11th, 2016

Since You Missed My Debit Card Being Hacked I'm Not Real Impressed. Cost Me About $400 Before The Bank Caught The Problem not thrilled at all. giving one star because I can't select zero

Jackie Nored
April 4th, 2016

My husband just applied for a credit card and immediately we rec'd text and email alerting us to the activity. AWESOME! It was a legitimate application but could have just as easily not been. It makes me appreciate the LifeLock service and know they are working for me!

Ralph Onstine
April 4th, 2016

I was impressed with how fast I received a text message from LifeLock that I had used my credit card when traveling

Ballwhacker
April 4th, 2016

I really don't worry about my identity with the credit cards I have, or someone opening up credit in my name anymore because Lifelock notified me when I opened up new credit myself to make sure it was me.

C T
April 4th, 2016

Very please overall, but I've have some concerns. My credit cards have been compromised the last couple months and I did not receive an alert from LifeLock.

Chris
April 4th, 2016

Another service before I joined LifeLock made me aware that I was a victim of identity theft. Lifelock stopped all future attacks and gave me time to deal with the ones that already occurred. What usually takes people years to recover from only took me a few months and I was still able to buy a new home. What usually ruins people's lives, LifeLock turned into a minor inconvenience.

Mike Smith
April 4th, 2016

I like the service LifeLock provides and the fact that they are proactive in their methods. I signed up myself and my wife after both of us had our personal information stolen from several merchants we frequented. Since then, LifeLock has alerted us on several occasions about potential threats. They also provide consistent and relevant monitoring status updates.

Patricia Bass
March 22nd, 2016

I was not certain I mattered in such a Hugh company until I received my first call from you. It was a Saturday morning I was relaxing getting ready to run some errands around town. You called to ask me if I had attempted to apply for a certain credit card on a certain date ? Thank god it was me that had attempted this action. That was how I began to truly realize you were really working for me and protecting my information on a daily basis. Thank you Life Lock

Clyde Branch
March 22nd, 2016

Lifelock is on top of everything to do with credit. They are incredibly efficient and QUICK to respond. Within seconds they respond to security system problems and THEN follow up with a call to confirm.

Don Jackson
March 22nd, 2016

There has been 1 security violation attempt since I signed up for Lifelock 8 months ago. It was an email hacker from UAE who tried to have my IRA account transferred to an unknown bank in NY. Lifelock picked up the attempted hack and notified me immediately. I was able to shut down the hacker, run my computer's anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc programs and all is well.

Jerry D Carney
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock has been a great product and avoided an account being opened in my name which was not valid. Extreme measures were taken to ensure this was not completed and I was contacted immediately.

Lewis A Miller
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock has contacted me when I have opened a retail store account to verify it is me that is is opening the account BEFORE it gets opened. So far have not yet had anyone try to steal my identity. Thank you LifeLock Lewis

Slingshot
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock has worked to stop theft most of the time. I do have to admit though, that there was one thing that caused me grief that did not get handled very well. I had my credit card account changed to a new address and I did not make the change. LifeLock caught an address change, but had little to tell me on what I needed to do. It eventually was discovered that my card had been hacked. Luckily, I did catch it fairly quickly before too much was racked up.

Lakesha Gilbert
March 22nd, 2016

I'm not really satisfied They don't cover what I need to cover I have been a victim of identity theft and the representative said there was nothing they could do.

Hugh Cornett
March 22nd, 2016

When our credit card was used fraudulently, Lifelock was the first to notify us (we have other identity security services) and we were able to stop the charge.

Michael Webb
March 21st, 2016

Have been a member for a long time. When I called to ask about the billings I was receiving, the agent could not look up all the information. Each time there was a question, he had to put me on hold and make me wait for several minutes. All in all it took more than a half hour to remove my son from the account, and downgrade my membership from $150 to $99 per year. None of it could be done on the website, and the agent was slow and clumsy. This is not at all a great and responsive company. The copy above was obviously written by a marketing company, not someone who has to actually deal with them.

Sandi Shamberger
March 22nd, 2016

I got LifeLock a long time ago. I had gone through a nasty divorce in 2003 & my ex kept all of our tax returns so he had access to my SSN. My current husband WAS a victim of identity theft approximately 20 years ago. Keeping all of this in mind, I thought it was a very good idea to obtain this kind of credit monitoring/protection. Good thing too. Almost 4 years ago, someone used my husband's information to try to open cell phone accounts with 3 different carriers. LifeLock contacted us & all 3 accounts were denied. I only wish that LifeLock would be able to, at least, tell me in what state these cell phone accounts were attempted. We have our suspicions as to whom it was but cannot prosecute without more information.

Vicky
March 21st, 2016

My mom's bank acct was hacked back in 2011. After everything was resolved, she got Lifelock. Then last year her credit card was hacked. She never received a call from Lifelock. It was her bank that notified her of the suspicious transaction. When she called lifelock, they knew nothing about it. They thanked her for notifying them. She asked them why her bank notified her but they didn't, Lifelock couldn't answer that question. They told her they would put this information in her file. She has lost confidence in Lifelock. She's looking for another company for protection.

Stephen Provenza
March 22nd, 2016

Very impressed with the alert, when I recently open an MM account with my bank, by transferring funds from an existing account into a new account. Good support , thanks..

LifeLongLIfeLock
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock continues to pay for itself over and over each year. We would never be without it. The cost of fixing just one of the times identity theft was attempted is well worth this service. I say attempted because this service alerted us immediately to a threat and then took action for us.

rsimmons430
March 22nd, 2016

Lifelock notified me when someone put my name and family members names on outside web sites. I believe they are watching my personal information very carefully to avoid scandalous transactions under my name. I appreciate their protection.

Cassi L
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock helped save my husband from identity theft! He got a call from LifeLock letting him know that someone just tried to charge $500 on his checking card/debit in New York! He never goes to NY!! We were able to get another checking card for him and we didn't have to call the bank! LifeLock took care of informing the bank for us!!

Rebecca A BayerHughes
March 22nd, 2016

Notified immediately when money was withdrawn from an account, Notified immediately when a credit report request was initiated. Noticed immediately when new credit score available. Great service!!

Julie Dear
March 22nd, 2016

Last summer I flew to Portland in Maine and discovered on landing that my drivers license was missing. I called Lifelock and reported the loss to Airport Security. Fortunately my passport was in my purse so I was able to fly home and renew my license. Later the license was found in the car I had ridden in from the airport. Apparently it had slid from the folder where I had stored it with the ticket. But my vacation was not marred by anxiety because I knew Lifelock was monitoring the situation.

Bill
March 22nd, 2016

I got my first notice of identity thief the day I got my wife out of the hospital. Got a call from a wonderful helpful person who ask a couple of simple questions and then blocked the the attempts of the thieves. LifeLock was right on it and save me a lot of hassle.

Jeff Paulsen
March 22nd, 2016

You folks are really on the ball. I just filled out a credit card request and within seconds, I received an email from you regarding whether or not this is a legitimate credit card request. It is legitimate as I have requested the credit card, but amazed at how quickly you responded. Thanks, LifeLock!

DD
March 22nd, 2016

I am very, very careful with my credit cards, yet my identity was stolen by known thieves in my community. I received many calls from LifeLock regarding my accounts. LifeLock helped to stop this exceedingly stressful attack in its tracks. My credit card number even made it across the United States. LifeLock was able to investigate invalid credit applications and usage locally and across the nation. LifeLock is easy to use, the reps are helpful, and it is well worth the money.

Sally Grady
March 22nd, 2016

since I have had life lock on two occasions I have had credit checks and on both occasions life lock contacted me right away to make me aware. thank you for being so prompt.

miacuban
March 22nd, 2016

Was contacted several times when myself or others had tried to open accounts under my name and prevented big problems

june cook
March 15th, 2016

i started with Lifelock almost from its beginning. I was notified at one point of a credit card breach, but monthly emails confirmed I had not problems with my ID. Then in February, 2016, I received a call from Citibank asking if I had applied for a credit card. Then a call from Bank of America, and then one from Capitol One. Not one from Lifelock!!! When I called Lifelock, I was met with a rude employee who said Lifelock was no longer allowed to deal with the three credit bureaus. I had to handle these myself. Not one follow up call from Lifelock. I cancelled. How they maintain such a high rating is a surprise to me.

PHYLLIS Pritchard
March 22nd, 2016

It gives me a real sense of security knowing that LifeLock is watching my back. I have taken out loans and LifeLock was right there telling me that a breach in my records was in the process even though it was me, it gave me a good feeling that they knew and was ready to take action.

ray lorenz
March 22nd, 2016

I have been using liflock now for almost 1 year and several times they have contacted me in regards to someone trying to open a credit card in my name and also a time when I myself opened up a macys card they alerted me right away. I feel safe and secure knowing that lifelock is there to proctect my identity. I will highly recommend them to all my friends