We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals and families.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off (for first year) a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Restoration Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services (See disclaimer below) from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

***Disclaimer: If your plan includes credit reports, scores, and/or credit monitoring features ("Credit Features"), two requirements must be met to receive said features: (i) your identity must be successfully verified with Equifax; and (ii) Equifax must be able to locate your credit file and it must contain sufficient credit history information. IF EITHER OF THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FEATURES FROM ANY BUREAU. If your plan also includes Credit Features from Experian and/or TransUnion, the above verification process must also be successfully completed with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable. If verification is successfully completed with Equifax, but not with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable, you will not receive Credit Features from such bureau(s) until the verification process is successfully completed and until then you will only receive Credit Features from Equifax. Any credit monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin after your successful plan enrollment.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Restoration Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. This includes a dedicated restoration specialist and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

If a member becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock helps protect them with their Million Dollar Protection™ Package. This includes reimbursement for stolen funds and coverage for personal expenses, each with limits of up to $25,000, $100,000 or $1 million depending on the plan, and coverage for lawyers and experts if needed up to $1 million, to help resolve the case.

***Disclaimer: Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the Select plan that costs $9.99 per month (for the first year), the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month (for the first year), and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month (for the first year).

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off for the first year (compared to the renewal price), of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These optoins include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus depending on their plan. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including stolen wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud from a stolen identity event. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more (See "Million Dollar™ Protection Package" for details and accompanying disclaimer). The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has three identity protection plan options — the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

***Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

3.9

John

April 21st, 2016

I enrolled in LifeLock Ultimate-Plus in December 2015. I found out Monday, 4/18/16, that someone had filed a fraudulent tax return using my SSN. I waited on hold for 15-20 minutes (3 times) and finally gave up. I called the IRS and got excellent help from the representative. I finally reached someone at LifeLock today, 4/21, who would "email" the information that I needed to proceed to protect myself. When I asked if Lifelock was going to contact all the necessary parties that needed to be notified, which are several, I'm pretty sure the answer was no. But he was evasive in his response. I should have dumped them when I was notified that I was a member of the "class" in a class-action lawsuit settlement related to them not doing what their advertising and high paid spokespeople say they do. Poetic justice!! I'm just going to freeze my credit through the 3 bureaus since I don't plan on buying anything. I'm dumping this company.

April 21st, 2016

I`m very pleased with Lifelock and their monitoring of my personal information for sometime now. I like the fact that they let me know of any new changes.

April 20th, 2016

While a bit pricey...the ends DO justify the means in this instance. Everything needed in one place...credit reports, safety and security reports, meaningful information re: same...well done...LiveLock!

Randy Davis

April 19th, 2016

I signed for their best plan. I received a credit alert 5 days ago. Still waiting for information about this alert. Someone is using my credit and life lock does not call me to tell me any information. I would not recommend this business!

Greg Sutton

April 16th, 2016

They use to be good. 3 years ago they stopped a car loan wile i was at the dealer and cleared it up quickly. I just bought a car and nothing except a credit inquiry a week later, several calls about it. when to the web pate and was told to click a green button to OK it. No green button, not able to cleat it and get calls telling me I have to wait 18 minutes to talk to someone, all the while being subject to BS advertising for their lame service.

April 15th, 2016

Ive been using lifelock for a while, i would say 5yrs. or better ,& iam fully satisfied about the services. Excellent job guys, thanks for everything!

April 14th, 2016

Very happy with the service. My membership was up this month. I just renewed it for this upcoming year. I enjoy the updates every month. It means alot. Please continue the great service, and also the updates. Also, each time I call Lifelock I receive incredible service.

April 13th, 2016

Lifelock is great, I work in a sensitive position and was informed my personal information had been compromised, but I've always had lifelock and nothing has transpired from that data breach effecting my person.

April 13th, 2016

I like knowing that I have extra protection against my accounts. I am notified immediately when I try to open other accounts which effect my identity.

Adonis

April 13th, 2016

They dont answer the phone ! 20 min hold times ! Called 3 times and same results ! Avoid

Jim Barbuzzi

April 12th, 2016

I was a member of Life Lock for a couple of years. My wife and I were paying our dues annually on her credit card. When I became unemployed we decided not to renew our membership so I called to cancel and they put me on hold listening to identity theft horror stories. When they finally answered the phone a very nice gentleman convinced me to renew my membership but just pay monthly rather than one large annual payment. I thought that would be the most sensible thing to do until one month later I noticed that they took the total annual payment out of my checking account without my consent. Now i'm wondering if I will need identity theft protection from Life Lock. Jim B

April 7th, 2016

I love the alerts. It just assures me that someone is always checking my financial activities. Recently I was advised of a criminal moving into my town. For someone with children this is so important.

April 4th, 2016

Excellent follow-up for account inquiries. Team members sincerely have protection of our personal interests as a #1 priority. However, Seniors should have a discount, and a further allowance for multiple family members included in the plan, when service rates are established each year.

Marlene

April 1st, 2016

had lifelock for 1 yr after having id stolen thru Anthem/BlueCross/Blue Shield in Jan of last yr. Cancelled my service after getting an e-mail that it would cost $220.00 for another yrs protection. Was given hard sell to try and keep me but was polite in telling the rep that I decided to go with my banks protection plan. I had 2 cases with lifelock were I was not notified of a large purchase until 3 days after it happened and another where my bank caught the fraud. After cancelling the next day I got 1000 scam e-mails (not joking) and 1 of my credit cards was charged with $600.00 in charges - just too coincidental after cancelling and the next day had this happen. Would not recommend this company.

March 31st, 2016

I've had a breech and you guys don't know it.

March 31st, 2016

Since You Missed My Debit Card Being Hacked I'm Not Real Impressed. Cost Me About $400 Before The Bank Caught The Problem not thrilled at all. giving one star because I can't select zero

March 30th, 2016

My husband just applied for a credit card and immediately we rec'd text and email alerting us to the activity. AWESOME! It was a legitimate application but could have just as easily not been. It makes me appreciate the LifeLock service and know they are working for me!

March 30th, 2016

I was impressed with how fast I received a text message from LifeLock that I had used my credit card when traveling

March 25th, 2016

I really don't worry about my identity with the credit cards I have, or someone opening up credit in my name anymore because Lifelock notified me when I opened up new credit myself to make sure it was me.

March 25th, 2016

Very please overall, but I've have some concerns. My credit cards have been compromised the last couple months and I did not receive an alert from LifeLock.

March 23rd, 2016

Another service before I joined LifeLock made me aware that I was a victim of identity theft. Lifelock stopped all future attacks and gave me time to deal with the ones that already occurred. What usually takes people years to recover from only took me a few months and I was still able to buy a new home. What usually ruins people's lives, LifeLock turned into a minor inconvenience.

March 23rd, 2016

I like the service LifeLock provides and the fact that they are proactive in their methods. I signed up myself and my wife after both of us had our personal information stolen from several merchants we frequented. Since then, LifeLock has alerted us on several occasions about potential threats. They also provide consistent and relevant monitoring status updates.

March 22nd, 2016

I was not certain I mattered in such a Hugh company until I received my first call from you. It was a Saturday morning I was relaxing getting ready to run some errands around town. You called to ask me if I had attempted to apply for a certain credit card on a certain date ? Thank god it was me that had attempted this action. That was how I began to truly realize you were really working for me and protecting my information on a daily basis. Thank you Life Lock

March 22nd, 2016

Lifelock is on top of everything to do with credit. They are incredibly efficient and QUICK to respond. Within seconds they respond to security system problems and THEN follow up with a call to confirm.

March 21st, 2016

There has been 1 security violation attempt since I signed up for Lifelock 8 months ago. It was an email hacker from UAE who tried to have my IRA account transferred to an unknown bank in NY. Lifelock picked up the attempted hack and notified me immediately. I was able to shut down the hacker, run my computer's anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc programs and all is well.

March 21st, 2016

LifeLock has been a great product and avoided an account being opened in my name which was not valid. Extreme measures were taken to ensure this was not completed and I was contacted immediately.

March 21st, 2016

LifeLock has contacted me when I have opened a retail store account to verify it is me that is is opening the account BEFORE it gets opened. So far have not yet had anyone try to steal my identity. Thank you LifeLock Lewis

March 21st, 2016

LifeLock has worked to stop theft most of the time. I do have to admit though, that there was one thing that caused me grief that did not get handled very well. I had my credit card account changed to a new address and I did not make the change. LifeLock caught an address change, but had little to tell me on what I needed to do. It eventually was discovered that my card had been hacked. Luckily, I did catch it fairly quickly before too much was racked up.

March 21st, 2016

I'm not really satisfied They don't cover what I need to cover I have been a victim of identity theft and the representative said there was nothing they could do.

March 21st, 2016

When our credit card was used fraudulently, Lifelock was the first to notify us (we have other identity security services) and we were able to stop the charge.

Michael Webb

March 20th, 2016

Have been a member for a long time. When I called to ask about the billings I was receiving, the agent could not look up all the information. Each time there was a question, he had to put me on hold and make me wait for several minutes. All in all it took more than a half hour to remove my son from the account, and downgrade my membership from $150 to $99 per year. None of it could be done on the website, and the agent was slow and clumsy. This is not at all a great and responsive company. The copy above was obviously written by a marketing company, not someone who has to actually deal with them.

March 20th, 2016

I got LifeLock a long time ago. I had gone through a nasty divorce in 2003 & my ex kept all of our tax returns so he had access to my SSN. My current husband WAS a victim of identity theft approximately 20 years ago. Keeping all of this in mind, I thought it was a very good idea to obtain this kind of credit monitoring/protection. Good thing too. Almost 4 years ago, someone used my husband's information to try to open cell phone accounts with 3 different carriers. LifeLock contacted us & all 3 accounts were denied. I only wish that LifeLock would be able to, at least, tell me in what state these cell phone accounts were attempted. We have our suspicions as to whom it was but cannot prosecute without more information.

Vicky

March 18th, 2016

My mom's bank acct was hacked back in 2011. After everything was resolved, she got Lifelock. Then last year her credit card was hacked. She never received a call from Lifelock. It was her bank that notified her of the suspicious transaction. When she called lifelock, they knew nothing about it. They thanked her for notifying them. She asked them why her bank notified her but they didn't, Lifelock couldn't answer that question. They told her they would put this information in her file. She has lost confidence in Lifelock. She's looking for another company for protection.

March 18th, 2016

Very impressed with the alert, when I recently open an MM account with my bank, by transferring funds from an existing account into a new account. Good support , thanks..

March 17th, 2016

LifeLock continues to pay for itself over and over each year. We would never be without it. The cost of fixing just one of the times identity theft was attempted is well worth this service. I say attempted because this service alerted us immediately to a threat and then took action for us.

March 17th, 2016

Lifelock notified me when someone put my name and family members names on outside web sites. I believe they are watching my personal information very carefully to avoid scandalous transactions under my name. I appreciate their protection.

March 17th, 2016

LifeLock helped save my husband from identity theft! He got a call from LifeLock letting him know that someone just tried to charge $500 on his checking card/debit in New York! He never goes to NY!! We were able to get another checking card for him and we didn't have to call the bank! LifeLock took care of informing the bank for us!!

March 17th, 2016

Notified immediately when money was withdrawn from an account, Notified immediately when a credit report request was initiated. Noticed immediately when new credit score available. Great service!!

March 16th, 2016

Last summer I flew to Portland in Maine and discovered on landing that my drivers license was missing. I called Lifelock and reported the loss to Airport Security. Fortunately my passport was in my purse so I was able to fly home and renew my license. Later the license was found in the car I had ridden in from the airport. Apparently it had slid from the folder where I had stored it with the ticket. But my vacation was not marred by anxiety because I knew Lifelock was monitoring the situation.

March 16th, 2016

I got my first notice of identity thief the day I got my wife out of the hospital. Got a call from a wonderful helpful person who ask a couple of simple questions and then blocked the the attempts of the thieves. LifeLock was right on it and save me a lot of hassle.

March 15th, 2016

You folks are really on the ball. I just filled out a credit card request and within seconds, I received an email from you regarding whether or not this is a legitimate credit card request. It is legitimate as I have requested the credit card, but amazed at how quickly you responded. Thanks, LifeLock!

March 15th, 2016

I am very, very careful with my credit cards, yet my identity was stolen by known thieves in my community. I received many calls from LifeLock regarding my accounts. LifeLock helped to stop this exceedingly stressful attack in its tracks. My credit card number even made it across the United States. LifeLock was able to investigate invalid credit applications and usage locally and across the nation. LifeLock is easy to use, the reps are helpful, and it is well worth the money.

March 15th, 2016

since I have had life lock on two occasions I have had credit checks and on both occasions life lock contacted me right away to make me aware. thank you for being so prompt.

March 15th, 2016

Was contacted several times when myself or others had tried to open accounts under my name and prevented big problems

june cook

March 12th, 2016

i started with Lifelock almost from its beginning. I was notified at one point of a credit card breach, but monthly emails confirmed I had not problems with my ID. Then in February, 2016, I received a call from Citibank asking if I had applied for a credit card. Then a call from Bank of America, and then one from Capitol One. Not one from Lifelock!!! When I called Lifelock, I was met with a rude employee who said Lifelock was no longer allowed to deal with the three credit bureaus. I had to handle these myself. Not one follow up call from Lifelock. I cancelled. How they maintain such a high rating is a surprise to me.

March 11th, 2016

It gives me a real sense of security knowing that LifeLock is watching my back. I have taken out loans and LifeLock was right there telling me that a breach in my records was in the process even though it was me, it gave me a good feeling that they knew and was ready to take action.

March 11th, 2016

I have been using liflock now for almost 1 year and several times they have contacted me in regards to someone trying to open a credit card in my name and also a time when I myself opened up a macys card they alerted me right away. I feel safe and secure knowing that lifelock is there to proctect my identity. I will highly recommend them to all my friends

March 11th, 2016

It is comforting to know that my information is being monitored. I dont understand why Im only alerted when money is withdrawn, and not also when it is deposited, when Lifelock says it alerts me to "any" activity on my accounts. I also think I should be alerted a whole lot sooner than 3 days later of any withdrawls. a criminal can do a phenomenal amount of damage in 3 unchecked days

March 10th, 2016

My identity (along with thousands of others) was stolen thru one of my medical providers--this was on national news in October 2014; I was provided free ID monitoring for 1 yr. When that expired I called Life Lock to set up coverage. Thus far I have been very pleased with the service and have found the staff very helpful and informative when I've had to call.

March 9th, 2016

Lifelock is a useful service. I wish the company would quit asking me if I "enjoy" using it. Of course, I don't. I'd rather be safe without having to pay so much money and check emails so often. But I appreciate the availability of a service like Lifelock.