LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

*We will be compensated by LifeLock for any purchase made through this site

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

Click Here To See LifeLock Reviews

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

Sandi Shamberger
March 22nd, 2016

I got LifeLock a long time ago. I had gone through a nasty divorce in 2003 & my ex kept all of our tax returns so he had access to my SSN. My current husband WAS a victim of identity theft approximately 20 years ago. Keeping all of this in mind, I thought it was a very good idea to obtain this kind of credit monitoring/protection. Good thing too. Almost 4 years ago, someone used my husband's information to try to open cell phone accounts with 3 different carriers. LifeLock contacted us & all 3 accounts were denied. I only wish that LifeLock would be able to, at least, tell me in what state these cell phone accounts were attempted. We have our suspicions as to whom it was but cannot prosecute without more information.

Vicky
March 21st, 2016

My mom's bank acct was hacked back in 2011. After everything was resolved, she got Lifelock. Then last year her credit card was hacked. She never received a call from Lifelock. It was her bank that notified her of the suspicious transaction. When she called lifelock, they knew nothing about it. They thanked her for notifying them. She asked them why her bank notified her but they didn't, Lifelock couldn't answer that question. They told her they would put this information in her file. She has lost confidence in Lifelock. She's looking for another company for protection.

Stephen Provenza
March 22nd, 2016

Very impressed with the alert, when I recently open an MM account with my bank, by transferring funds from an existing account into a new account. Good support , thanks..

LifeLongLIfeLock
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock continues to pay for itself over and over each year. We would never be without it. The cost of fixing just one of the times identity theft was attempted is well worth this service. I say attempted because this service alerted us immediately to a threat and then took action for us.

rsimmons430
March 22nd, 2016

Lifelock notified me when someone put my name and family members names on outside web sites. I believe they are watching my personal information very carefully to avoid scandalous transactions under my name. I appreciate their protection.

Cassi L
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock helped save my husband from identity theft! He got a call from LifeLock letting him know that someone just tried to charge $500 on his checking card/debit in New York! He never goes to NY!! We were able to get another checking card for him and we didn't have to call the bank! LifeLock took care of informing the bank for us!!

Rebecca A BayerHughes
March 22nd, 2016

Notified immediately when money was withdrawn from an account, Notified immediately when a credit report request was initiated. Noticed immediately when new credit score available. Great service!!

Julie Dear
March 22nd, 2016

Last summer I flew to Portland in Maine and discovered on landing that my drivers license was missing. I called Lifelock and reported the loss to Airport Security. Fortunately my passport was in my purse so I was able to fly home and renew my license. Later the license was found in the car I had ridden in from the airport. Apparently it had slid from the folder where I had stored it with the ticket. But my vacation was not marred by anxiety because I knew Lifelock was monitoring the situation.

Bill
March 22nd, 2016

I got my first notice of identity thief the day I got my wife out of the hospital. Got a call from a wonderful helpful person who ask a couple of simple questions and then blocked the the attempts of the thieves. LifeLock was right on it and save me a lot of hassle.

Jeff Paulsen
March 22nd, 2016

You folks are really on the ball. I just filled out a credit card request and within seconds, I received an email from you regarding whether or not this is a legitimate credit card request. It is legitimate as I have requested the credit card, but amazed at how quickly you responded. Thanks, LifeLock!

DD
March 22nd, 2016

I am very, very careful with my credit cards, yet my identity was stolen by known thieves in my community. I received many calls from LifeLock regarding my accounts. LifeLock helped to stop this exceedingly stressful attack in its tracks. My credit card number even made it across the United States. LifeLock was able to investigate invalid credit applications and usage locally and across the nation. LifeLock is easy to use, the reps are helpful, and it is well worth the money.

Sally Grady
March 22nd, 2016

since I have had life lock on two occasions I have had credit checks and on both occasions life lock contacted me right away to make me aware. thank you for being so prompt.

miacuban
March 22nd, 2016

Was contacted several times when myself or others had tried to open accounts under my name and prevented big problems

june cook
March 15th, 2016

i started with Lifelock almost from its beginning. I was notified at one point of a credit card breach, but monthly emails confirmed I had not problems with my ID. Then in February, 2016, I received a call from Citibank asking if I had applied for a credit card. Then a call from Bank of America, and then one from Capitol One. Not one from Lifelock!!! When I called Lifelock, I was met with a rude employee who said Lifelock was no longer allowed to deal with the three credit bureaus. I had to handle these myself. Not one follow up call from Lifelock. I cancelled. How they maintain such a high rating is a surprise to me.

PHYLLIS Pritchard
March 22nd, 2016

It gives me a real sense of security knowing that LifeLock is watching my back. I have taken out loans and LifeLock was right there telling me that a breach in my records was in the process even though it was me, it gave me a good feeling that they knew and was ready to take action.

ray lorenz
March 22nd, 2016

I have been using liflock now for almost 1 year and several times they have contacted me in regards to someone trying to open a credit card in my name and also a time when I myself opened up a macys card they alerted me right away. I feel safe and secure knowing that lifelock is there to proctect my identity. I will highly recommend them to all my friends

Daisy
March 22nd, 2016

It is comforting to know that my information is being monitored. I dont understand why Im only alerted when money is withdrawn, and not also when it is deposited, when Lifelock says it alerts me to "any" activity on my accounts. I also think I should be alerted a whole lot sooner than 3 days later of any withdrawls. a criminal can do a phenomenal amount of damage in 3 unchecked days

Martha Scales
March 22nd, 2016

My identity (along with thousands of others) was stolen thru one of my medical providers--this was on national news in October 2014; I was provided free ID monitoring for 1 yr. When that expired I called Life Lock to set up coverage. Thus far I have been very pleased with the service and have found the staff very helpful and informative when I've had to call.

Jo Brown
March 22nd, 2016

Lifelock is a useful service. I wish the company would quit asking me if I "enjoy" using it. Of course, I don't. I'd rather be safe without having to pay so much money and check emails so often. But I appreciate the availability of a service like Lifelock.

David Copeland
March 22nd, 2016

I appreciate the sense that I have an ally in protecting my personal information. In the one instance in which there was some questionable (although appropriate) credit card activity, Lifelock was all over it.

Jim Vincent
March 22nd, 2016

Love the service. Only thing that it could not do, is monitor my bank accounts. There were no agreements in place with our banks. You all made good (great), though by offering me a credit for the year. Otherwise, the service has been spot on and very accurate. And, I cannot say enough about the associates I've spoken with. Everyone is helpful, patient, informative, and more. Great job!

John Noll
March 22nd, 2016

Excellent service. Very good value. Easy to contact, and easy to deal with. Is already save me from one possible instance of identity theft

Robin
March 22nd, 2016

It's great to know that my security is being protected. LifeLock is very fast at letting me know if someone has made any kind of credit inquiries, have opened any new accounts, have had unusual activity under my name. Gives me the chance to let them know whether it was activity by me/for me or whether it was questionable activity, Also, love knowing on a monthly basis my credit scores from each Credit Bureau. Also, love the info they send to let me know of any sexual offenders in close radius. Customer Service is very courteous and helpful.

Quinn J
March 22nd, 2016

Not too long ago my wife and I had our BoA account compromised...twice. Our financial data was all out there for all the world to see. I then thought about the free LifeLock membership offered through AOL and figured to take advantage of it. Since then we've had as much as a bump against our financial data or any other agencies/sites that require our personal information. Thank you LifeLock!

Linda
March 4th, 2016

I had life lock for a couple of years before they called me one day to ask if I was opening up several credit applications. I said , no, and they shut it down. Still lots of work to do but had I not got that call, it would have been a lot worse. Thanks Lifelock.

titus2998
March 4th, 2016

Early in our collaboration I had an incident where Life Lock contacted me(Kelly) about someone attempting to buy a cell phone while I was at my bank. Your company alerted me. I refuted that it was me. You stopped the transaction. I do not know what transpired between you all and the perpetrator. I just know that no money was extrapilated from my life because of it. And, I thank you. Yes, I would, and have recommended your services to others. God Bless you all and keep up the great work. Ever Thankful, Kelly and Clint Titus.

Lucy Anderson
March 4th, 2016

I made several attempts to load my bank information so that I can add my account to my Lifelock account without success. I also attempted e-mails to Lifelock about this inability but still have not received any communication from you on how to do this. That is my only complaint.

THOMAS A VANOVER
March 4th, 2016

Someone got ahold of my full name-birth date-and social security number-I was already a Member of LifeLock and got that scary call/text/and call of my Cell-Turns out that this lowlife was trying to open a bank account a Sun Bank in Miami. We live in Northern Fl. so I knew immediately it was an attempt to steal my Identity-My Prayers were answered as LifeLock not only STOPPED them cold but put a block on my Credit thru the FTC where no one could get into my accounts./This has about a year ago and even though the lowlifes have my personal data they CAN'T do anything with as LifeLock has them stopped dead. THANK YOU

Mrs R
March 4th, 2016

When we had two funerals in the family within five weeks, I lost my purse before the second one. I was so upset about my family that it didn't dawn on me that I shouldn't go on my trip ten days later. I went wild trying to first find the purse, than canceling all my cards, then replacing the main ID (which Colorado gives a receipt for, then mails the picture ID). You could get a full-length horror show from what I went through, then a whole comedy routine. But it wasn't funny then. One day I was changing channels and caught Monteil telling about LifeLock replacing wallets--I'd always thought of it as computer protection! I called and a found out that LifeLock does all that it took me and my children days to do--no hassle--then calls and e-mails a report! I'll never be without LifeLock.

Brandon F
March 4th, 2016

LifeLock got a hold of me because my social security number was being used to open an account, that I did not try to open - We found out that a new company was trying to open a new business account, and that their business ID number just happened to be the same as my social. No action was required after that, and it is good to know LifeLock can detect these kinds of situations. LifeLock is great, and I don't know how anybody would risk living without it!

Jason Elkin
March 4th, 2016

I've been a customer since the beginning of the year. My debit card # was stolen and compromised. Another fraud service caught it and helped me. I was surprised that lifelock didn't pick up on it.

Patrick
March 4th, 2016

It took about a month for me to be notified from you that I changed my mailing address through the post office. It seems like that shouldn't take nearly that long if you guys are actually continuously monitoring my identity.

Edna E Wright
March 4th, 2016

LifeLock cleared up my credit rating. They removed debts that belonged to other people from my profile that didn't belong to me. I have a good credit score for the first time in years.

Paul Pedron
March 4th, 2016

Not sure if Lifelock is working because I get very little feedback from this company and what my purchased services are doing... If anything I get too many notifications for accurate purchases and monthly bill payments that I have to clear. Shouldn't it remember these? Is this a waste of money or is it really working? Sceptical

Voncille Kraut
March 4th, 2016

While I'm glad I haven't had any attempts to steal my identity, I am very pleased that Lifelock is monitoring every activity. I have applied for credit and have had Lifelock contact me to make sure it was really me. I appreciated that, and feel confident that I made the right choice by choosing Lifelock. Thank you very much.

J Nystrom
February 25th, 2016

I appreciated hearing from you while I was in the store trying to reopen an account. You alerted me within minutes. Made me feel safe as if it wasn't me I would have been able to stop it immediately. Great job! Thanks

Nana
March 4th, 2016

I have been hacked in two of my charge cards one only 2 weeks ago. So I understand no one has tried to get loans or open anything in this past month but there should be something to protect my charge cards. The charge was made in Europe and was taken care of right away but I had to place a couple of e-mails and speak to someone before I could open a case. Fortunately, the charge was deleted before another could be charged. I chose to closed that account that was the second time in the past year.

Frank McDowell
March 4th, 2016

Lifelock missed some unusual activity with my identity... I was getting Notices from banks located in the northwestern united states.....I'm on the east coast...

fontenotflyer
February 25th, 2016

I greatly appreciate the notices of sexual predators that are living in my community. I also appreciate being notified about web sites that have published my 'personal' information and how I can request that this information be removed.

Gary Moore
February 25th, 2016

I purchased a new vehicle last Feb. and the financial institution doing finance ran a credit report. And before I left the Bank I had a message on my phone making sure the check was for my use and not someone else. I was very impressed. I like the info provided in newsreports as well.

Paul Meyers
February 25th, 2016

I've had Lifelock for a couple of years now, and though I think it is a valuable service, I have applied for credit a few times and not received contact from Lifelock which concerns me.

Patricia E
February 25th, 2016

When I discovered that my identity had been stolen, I was shocked, to say the least. I made the necessary calls, and following through with suggestions. Then, I contacted LifeLock, and I can say that you really are being protected. I've gotten about 3 notices of alert, asking if it was me making and approvinget something. I've used LifeLock for about a year, and I have zero complaints.

Deniece Flippen
February 25th, 2016

Within a half hour of having a credit check done I will get a text message from LifeLock. If I dont answer that right away, they will call me personally to make sure it was me that had the credit check done.

Lois Scarborough
February 25th, 2016

Happy that no problems so far while covered by Lifelock. I did have a computer hack and had to pay to get that taken care of but was only on computer, did not hear of anything else being affected. I like getting emails that all is well from Lifelock and feel fairly well protected with all going on with hackers etc.

Stevedrc
February 25th, 2016

LifeLock first made ME aware of upcoming credit issues when they first detected fraudulent transactions beginning to appear on my credit file. We jumped right on it and they helped me and walked me through every step of the process in repairing and protecting my good name.

David Prosser
February 25th, 2016

LifeLock is always on the ball and I have not experienced any problems since I started their service. They are quick to notify you if there is any doubt about a purchase or event that may be unusual or suspicious.

Walt Stutz
February 15th, 2016

Very impressed: We were in process of refinancing a loan. When Wells Fargo submitted the papers to another division, we were immediately notified that someone was making a loan with our names. The notification was released as soon as Lifelock verified that it was us that was making this loan. A second notification happened when the paperwork was moved to another division. GREAT SERVICE. And it was a very simple process to remove the notification. Thank you very much.

Alan
February 15th, 2016

Life Lock has been an excellent tool in monitoring my credit. Anytime there has been activity with my personal information I have been notified within a day or two. Price point seems to be a little high but it is accompanied with amazing service.

Carol Ann Drust
February 15th, 2016

I heard various reviews citing the confidence they felt having Life Lock so I made the decision to sign up a year ago. I have been very satisfied with the service during my first year and the security I have that I am protected. As a result I have just renewed my account for my second year.

Vivianschwartz
February 15th, 2016

If they find a problem they are right on top of it . I trust this company and would never change it I am very satisfied and would recommend this to everyone. I had updated a store credit card To get sales items on my card and when I did that in the store lifelock called and made sure it was me who made the change . Lifelock was so incredible.e.