LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

*We will be compensated by LifeLock for any purchase made through this site

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

Click Here To See LifeLock Reviews

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

VegaMYD
February 15th, 2016

I was shocked when the alert came in my e-mail and also on the phone message. My first thought was somebody stole my identify!! When I went on my computer and followed the direction (I am not good with computer, but direction was clear and not difficult) and found out it was not an identify theft. A commercial entity checked my credit as I had changed my account. I was grateful LifeLock alerted me!!

Shari
February 15th, 2016

I have Lifelock through AOL and have had no further problems with credit attacks. In the past, I found activity on my checking account, people opening accounts in my name, writing fraudulent checks on non-existent accounts, and renting apartments. Nothing further has occurred since signing up with LifeLock.

Dennis and Tereasa
February 15th, 2016

My wife and I both have LifeLock, utilizing the Advantage and the Standard plans. We appreciate the email notifications of monitoring of our accounts. My elderly mother-in-law also has LifeLock after having had her identity stolen and has had no problems since.

Don
February 23rd, 2016

Lifelock is very good at monitoring if you take the time to enter your accounts, settings and complete the whole set up of your account. If you don't then it will not be as effective as it can be. LifeLock stopped some one from taking out a credit card in my name. Without LifeLock the person trying to get the credit card probably would have been successful and i wouldn't have known. I received an alert from LifeLock and they assisted me with blocking the credit card. The LifeLock representative set up a call to the credit card company and was on the call to ensure all went well. The alerts received may not be the day the charge is made there are a few factors involved like when the charge appears on your account and limits you have set for notifications. you don't want to get an alert every time you use your debit or credit to make a $20 purchase. Credit applications or major purchases can take a few days to make it through the system for LifeLock to know they have occurred.

JoeFromTexas
February 15th, 2016

My wife got phone calls from LifeLock saying they couldn't complete my membership. But in the US Mail I got my membership card and LifeLock ID number. I went online and set up my password and entered my financial information to be protected. My wife continued to get phone calls saying my membership was being held up for lack of information. So it just made me feel like the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing down at LifeLock. That didn't give me a safe feeling about my information being secure.

Imazon
February 15th, 2016

On 2-8-16 I received an alert that there had been a change of address, which I did not make, in June 2015. I called lifelock and spoke with Casandra. She did not seem very professional and covered the mouthpiece & I heard her laughing. She also did not answer my questions in a knowledgeable way. I told her my credit card # had been stolen online in Nov. 2015 and why did I give lifelock all my credit card info if that was not covered? I was told that was another level of protection that I did not have with lifelock. I have AOL lifelock, it would be helpful if someone would enlighten me as to what kind of coverage I actually do have with life lock. Because if it is just to send phony alerts, I don't need it.

Wendy2144123
February 15th, 2016

2 months ago, you reported no fraudulent activity, when there had been a breach of my identity with my Kohl's charge card.

James Jensen
February 15th, 2016

Terrible!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I recently opened two credit card accounts, and a furniture account, none of them were detected. When I spoke to the rep, they said that some things cannot be caught. I say Baloney. I opened two major credit cards, without any notification from Lifelock. The supervisor Allison was pleasant, but didn't know what she was talking about. She said that some accounts opened are not in the program? What? When I asked her what I was paying for she said I was getting my credit monitored. When I told her that lifelock didn't catch the three accounts, she went back to telling me how good the product is. ITS NOT A GOOD PRODUCT.More than obvious Supervisors are untrained and very unprofessional. I am thinking seriously about reporting Lifelock to the BBB.

Mary B
February 8th, 2016

I ran into a problem the other day and when I called, someone named Cris answered and I could hear other people in the background talking which is not usual. I asked for some info which he seemed to not want to give but when I asked the second time, he did. He then asked me if I now wanted to add my husband.... I don't have one of those, so now I'm suspicious, and now I can't get through to them by e mail... think maybe they've got a problem.

John Mingus
February 15th, 2016

The problem with Lifelock is that where there is an expense noted from primarily your banking institution and it is for an amount set to be notified by lifelock you get this message maybe 5-7 days after the actual transaction takes place. That saying if there was an issue then the notice would not actually do you any good because it had happened much earlier. Also when I tried to reach out to customer service regarding this they never got back with me to see if this could be resolved. My thoughts are they LiveLock is too busy with too many accounts to give quality service to any one individual.

Carolyn anthony
February 15th, 2016

I've had one experience someone made an attempt to get a cell phone using my name and some concoction of my SS#. LL was on it almost immediately. Thank you

Henry Barnett
February 15th, 2016

Have had two incidences of credit card fraud. In the past 6 months.

Old Cajun
February 15th, 2016

Poor. Not once was I called or notified of any action on my security compromise. Bank and financial advisor had to take action. Where was LIFE lock?

Douglas Sims
February 15th, 2016

The service does not add all banks to it. It won't add my Credit union account and I have asked three times for it to be added with no response.

mayra vela
February 15th, 2016

it's a great service. I get informed right away when something is wrong and it gets corrected just as fast.

Jo L
February 5th, 2016

Lifelock is an awesome service. They are right on it within minutes after I opened an account at a clothing store. The alerts are great. Would not ever think about not having this service.

Maria
February 5th, 2016

I just applied for a credit card this weekend and I was under the impression that your service will notify me that a company was checking on my credit report but I was dissapointed that I didn't get any notifications.

Mary
February 3rd, 2016

When I first signed up for Lifelock, I got an email when I opened a new credit card account. That made me feel safe. But more recently, I opened another account and got no email. Then that new card got hacked to purchase an airline ticket with Turkish Airlines (ISIS?). When I called Lifelock, I was told that they do not monitor 100% but are moving in that direction. They have a more expensive plan now that will monitor such things. But my bank informed me about the fraud and mended it and since Lifelock was no help, I just terminated the Lifelock membership today.

C D
February 5th, 2016

I was away from home and decided to makes changes to one of my services. I hadn't even finished the changes when I got an alert from LIFELOCK checking to see if it was me opening a new account. Impressive......

Vince Kong
February 5th, 2016

After having my ID stolen the Police recommended I apply to LifeLock to prevent further fraud. After submitting my application I was immediately informed of over 6 credit inquiries in the next 2 weeks. Wisthout LifeLock all these accouts would have been opened in my name and the hassles of trying to correct this on my own after the fact would have been very frustrating. Well worth the cost to prevent this in the first place. LifeLock then called me back a month later to take all the inquiries off my record with the actual companies that had applications in my name so that it would be "Red Flagged".

Becky Grizzle
February 5th, 2016

We had a situation in 2014 that could have caused us some real problems if not caught when it was. Someone went to Verizon and proceeded to get several phones that I had not approved. I received a call from a representative that there had been a purchase in my names.

Emman
February 5th, 2016

Since haven had Lifelock, there has been several attempted fraudulent activities regarding my identity and of which were all thwarted and immediately reported to me by Lifelock.

Judith
January 27th, 2016

Lifelock took care of an issue in which my SSN showed-up on a purchase I didn't make. They resolved the issue swiftly & successfully. I was very pleased with their service & professionalism.

Lavando Cameron
January 27th, 2016

Lifelock is a lifesaver. I have always heard about people having their personal information compromised or stolen by others who commit fraudulent activity on their finances. You hope it never happens to you. Well, it happened to me. I found out by LifeLock calling and sending me messages via email and asking me did I open a new credit card account? I told them I did not and LifeLock got in touch with the company who had approved the account to inform them that their client had not opened an account with their company. LifeLock made sure that the company investigated the fraudulent activity and at the end of it all the company sent me a letter confirming the act was not my doing and that they removed the charges and informed all the major credit bureaus of the issue. I highly recommend LifeLock to anyone looking for a company that takes care of its clients and stays with them each step of the way should a person's financial information be compromised in anyway.

Sharon O
January 27th, 2016

Lifelock has been so easy to use. I get notified if a transaction looks questionable, log in and verify it. With so much "hacking" going on it is really wonderful to have a service that works on my behalf. I highly reccommend it. Great price, worth every penny.

Allan J Levy
January 27th, 2016

LifeLock has not let me down. When I updated my Apple iPhone and changed my cell carrier, using my MasterCard, LifeLock sent an alert asking if I was the person who initiated these transactions. As a matter of fact, this alert was sent to me as I was walking to my car after leaving the Apple store. Once a month LifeLock sends me notification that they have checked to see if anyone has been nosing around trying to gather information about me through public records. I don't know how they track ones information but I will say that they do one great job.

Jim from Missouri
January 27th, 2016

I really thought this was not going to be very helpful, when I first bought into this program. But it has been more than I expected and very helpful in allowing to see transactions being made from my accounts. Ye it seems like the questions and replies may be a lot, but I am thankful to know about them. I would not consider another protector and appreciate all Lifelock has done and continues to do for me and my family.

Ralph
January 27th, 2016

The best thing about Likelock is that I know they are monitoring if my information is being used in Identify Theft, or what may appear to be that. When I do something, they ask if it was me. And I don't have to go to the site often, because I know they are looking out for me actively!

Edward Mondini
January 20th, 2016

I began using the new LifeLock website just last week: very impressed and it brought my participation with LifeLock light-years ahead of what it used to be, which was, basically, a one way street, where I was notified with occasional updates but there was no active participation on my part. That all changed last week and I couldn't be more satisfied. Initially, when I accessed the website, there were some fits and starts, lot of errors, but since then, it runs smoothly now. I highly recommend it for those who use LifeLock and for anyone who is thinking about signing up for this service.

Carla Wall
January 20th, 2016

LifeLock will take your money year after year and make promises to protect your bank account, when you actually need them after someone steals your identity and hard earned money they give you the runaround and tell you the only way to get your money back is to take the thief to court even if that thief is locked up in jail! These guys are worse than the criminals they try to protect us from, they are fraudulent criminals themselves, do not waste your money they do not protect it at all!

Bill
January 20th, 2016

LifeLock has thwarted a few threats since I have been using the service. I've contacted their representatives with questions, from time to time, and have found each of them to be very knowledgeable and friendly.

Darrel
January 20th, 2016

I applied for a credit card at a major store. I had to input my social security number for the card. By the time I walked to my car LifeLock was calling my cell phone asking me if I was using my social security number for a credit card application. LIfeLock was fast in knowing that my social security number was being used. Luckily it was used by me. Thank you LifeLock!!

Johnette
January 20th, 2016

I am very pleased with your service especially when my identity was stolen. Your staff were caring and empathetic to my situation. They went above and beyond what was expected in making me feel safe and protected. Thank you !!!

Tim W
January 20th, 2016

I was at a major Department store just before Christmas when the clerk told me I could get 50% off my total purchase if I opened a store credit card. I filled out the simple application and turned it over to the clerk. Within 4 minutes I received a call from Lifelock asking me if I was tryiing to open a credit account. I told Lifelock that I was but that I just changed my mind. While I was still waiting in line the clerk called me up and told me that Lifelock had blocked my credit card application. She was quite surprised by my smile. Lifelock is awesome!

Charles Thomley
January 20th, 2016

While in Kentucky the week of Dec 10 - 16, I opened a Sears account. When I departed the store, LifeLock alerted me before I arrive at my motel.

James Pitstick
January 14th, 2016

my credit card co. found 5 (at least) charges to my account on Jan. 4th.I am surprised they were not picked up by your service. 4 were at Kroger stores in Micigan towns on the same day.I live in Ohio. Jim

Lance Smith
January 14th, 2016

Life lock is a joke. I keep getting emails telling me how safe I am yet in the last two months i have had my identity stolen twice and over 6000 dollars put on my credit card. I was notified by my credit card company so they are on top of it but these phony everything ok emails I get from LifeLock are very misleading as if I had listened to them I would not have caught the fraud on my account.

Sheila McCurdy
January 14th, 2016

Since we've not had any problems, and LifeLock lets us know about all purchases over our limit that we set, all I can say is, they're great so far!

Theresa Stuart
January 14th, 2016

I had my Chase SWA credit card numbers stolen in Dec 2015 but this did not show up on lifelock report. Nor did the last 2 times my credit card numbers were stolen. Not sure what service Lifelock is providing.

Frank lewis
January 14th, 2016

I just got an email stating Good news; Lifelock has helped protect my identity. Really? Is that why on Christmas morning I got a fraud alert from my credit card (covered on my ultimate plus plan) asking me if I had purchased some $700 at bed bath and beyond at 1:45 am? Honestly, that would be taking "waiting until the last minute to shop" to an extreme, not to mention get it delivered on time. Long story short; you got a rating of 2 because after I took care of the problem with my card company and then contacted Lifelock; in the end Lifelock stated that they would take care of anything up to a million dollars as stated in the contract. But really; I get an email stating in the last month Lifelock has protected me?

Robert Smith
January 11th, 2016

They have not detected that someone opened a credit card account out of state in my wife's name. They did detect that I put a credit freeze on my account, but they did not detact that she did likewise. So not too great in my opinion.

carol aslam
January 14th, 2016

our credit card was breached Jan. 2nd Someone tried to charge $999 on our card in New York. you did not notify us. This is what your service is supposed to do. How did you miss this?

George Phipps
January 14th, 2016

Lifelock protected me three times during the past year. They contacted me concerning three transactions they had questioned and confirmed what had taken place. I truly appreciate the protection.

Lainie1213
January 14th, 2016

My credit card was compromised and yet Lifelock sends me an email that there is no fraudulent activity. I found the problem. I called my bank. I had my card closed and worked with my bank to get new card. Lifelock was oblivious to the entire episode of fraudulent charges that spanned six weeks. Very disappointing.

Cinde Conley Pacheco
January 14th, 2016

I came home 4 years ago and found fraudulent activity associated with my 83 year old father I immediately signed him up with Lifelock. That was the best decision I have made in my entire life, they are professional, caring, efficient and so very helpful. Money well spent, my father has never been so faithfully protected and I have never once had to worry again.

Russ Carlow
January 14th, 2016

We are led to believe that LifeLock monitors your accounts as well as credit bureaus but that is not the case at all. A $100,00 charge on my account was never reported by Lifelock. One would think if they were watching one's account this would jump out. Really, it appears the only thing monitored is the credit bureau reports. You can get your reports for free and save the cost of Lifelock!

Alison Z
January 14th, 2016

I have picked up fraudulent activity and contacted the credit card company. It was at least $4000. You sent me an email to say that no fraudulent activity had been found. So far, I realize that I had false comfort that you were really doing your job.

Linda Witt
January 14th, 2016

I really appreciate the service which we receive regularly and we feel very secure with the association we have with Lifelock. We have had great oversight of our accounts and have had good contacts if there is something we have any questions about. Only concern which we did nothing about was the class action lawsuit. Still not sure about this, but we are currently committed and satisfied with our service.

Scarver
January 14th, 2016

Good service. They seem to be on top of everything. They notified me right away when they detected something that seemed amiss. Cleared it up in matter of minutes. So far so good.

Eleanor Wordlaw Oneal
January 14th, 2016

I terminated my membership , when doing so, I was told all my questions were wrong and I would be locked out. We argued back and forth and I told them I called to cancel my membership. And not to take anything else from my account this was in May. I was going to be charged she said. And I have sent reply email s that I did not need or want the membership and I was getting overdraft fees and costs involved in this I spoke again a few days ago terminating over the phone. You all are still send me emails that you are monitoring my accounts. I need to speak to Consumer Affairs. I guess you are monitoring and still want to charge my account. After I was told I was using different cards.