Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
$100 Guarantee
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers. Identity theft criminals often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their service packages to further customer satisfaction and protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive identity theft protection and identity restoration services including lost wallet protection, in addition to a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other identity theft protection companies.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

Daisy
March 22nd, 2016

It is comforting to know that my information is being monitored. I dont understand why Im only alerted when money is withdrawn, and not also when it is deposited, when Lifelock says it alerts me to "any" activity on my accounts. I also think I should be alerted a whole lot sooner than 3 days later of any withdrawls. a criminal can do a phenomenal amount of damage in 3 unchecked days

Martha Scales
March 22nd, 2016

My identity (along with thousands of others) was stolen thru one of my medical providers--this was on national news in October 2014; I was provided free ID monitoring for 1 yr. When that expired I called Life Lock to set up coverage. Thus far I have been very pleased with the service and have found the staff very helpful and informative when I've had to call.

Jo Brown
March 22nd, 2016

Lifelock is a useful service. I wish the company would quit asking me if I "enjoy" using it. Of course, I don't. I'd rather be safe without having to pay so much money and check emails so often. But I appreciate the availability of a service like Lifelock.

David Copeland
March 22nd, 2016

I appreciate the sense that I have an ally in protecting my personal information. In the one instance in which there was some questionable (although appropriate) credit card activity, Lifelock was all over it.

Jim Vincent
March 22nd, 2016

Love the service. Only thing that it could not do, is monitor my bank accounts. There were no agreements in place with our banks. You all made good (great), though by offering me a credit for the year. Otherwise, the service has been spot on and very accurate. And, I cannot say enough about the associates I've spoken with. Everyone is helpful, patient, informative, and more. Great job!

John Noll
March 22nd, 2016

Excellent service. Very good value. Easy to contact, and easy to deal with. Is already save me from one possible instance of identity theft

Robin
March 22nd, 2016

It's great to know that my security is being protected. LifeLock is very fast at letting me know if someone has made any kind of credit inquiries, have opened any new accounts, have had unusual activity under my name. Gives me the chance to let them know whether it was activity by me/for me or whether it was questionable activity, Also, love knowing on a monthly basis my credit scores from each Credit Bureau. Also, love the info they send to let me know of any sexual offenders in close radius. Customer Service is very courteous and helpful.

Quinn J
March 22nd, 2016

Not too long ago my wife and I had our BoA account compromised...twice. Our financial data was all out there for all the world to see. I then thought about the free LifeLock membership offered through AOL and figured to take advantage of it. Since then we've had as much as a bump against our financial data or any other agencies/sites that require our personal information. Thank you LifeLock!

Linda
March 4th, 2016

I had life lock for a couple of years before they called me one day to ask if I was opening up several credit applications. I said , no, and they shut it down. Still lots of work to do but had I not got that call, it would have been a lot worse. Thanks Lifelock.

titus2998
March 4th, 2016

Early in our collaboration I had an incident where Life Lock contacted me(Kelly) about someone attempting to buy a cell phone while I was at my bank. Your company alerted me. I refuted that it was me. You stopped the transaction. I do not know what transpired between you all and the perpetrator. I just know that no money was extrapilated from my life because of it. And, I thank you. Yes, I would, and have recommended your services to others. God Bless you all and keep up the great work. Ever Thankful, Kelly and Clint Titus.

Lucy Anderson
March 4th, 2016

I made several attempts to load my bank information so that I can add my account to my Lifelock account without success. I also attempted e-mails to Lifelock about this inability but still have not received any communication from you on how to do this. That is my only complaint.

THOMAS A VANOVER
March 4th, 2016

Someone got ahold of my full name-birth date-and social security number-I was already a Member of LifeLock and got that scary call/text/and call of my Cell-Turns out that this lowlife was trying to open a bank account a Sun Bank in Miami. We live in Northern Fl. so I knew immediately it was an attempt to steal my Identity-My Prayers were answered as LifeLock not only STOPPED them cold but put a block on my Credit thru the FTC where no one could get into my accounts./This has about a year ago and even though the lowlifes have my personal data they CAN'T do anything with as LifeLock has them stopped dead. THANK YOU

Mrs R
March 4th, 2016

When we had two funerals in the family within five weeks, I lost my purse before the second one. I was so upset about my family that it didn't dawn on me that I shouldn't go on my trip ten days later. I went wild trying to first find the purse, than canceling all my cards, then replacing the main ID (which Colorado gives a receipt for, then mails the picture ID). You could get a full-length horror show from what I went through, then a whole comedy routine. But it wasn't funny then. One day I was changing channels and caught Monteil telling about LifeLock replacing wallets--I'd always thought of it as computer protection! I called and a found out that LifeLock does all that it took me and my children days to do--no hassle--then calls and e-mails a report! I'll never be without LifeLock.

Brandon F
March 4th, 2016

LifeLock got a hold of me because my social security number was being used to open an account, that I did not try to open - We found out that a new company was trying to open a new business account, and that their business ID number just happened to be the same as my social. No action was required after that, and it is good to know LifeLock can detect these kinds of situations. LifeLock is great, and I don't know how anybody would risk living without it!

Jason Elkin
March 4th, 2016

I've been a customer since the beginning of the year. My debit card # was stolen and compromised. Another fraud service caught it and helped me. I was surprised that lifelock didn't pick up on it.

Patrick
March 4th, 2016

It took about a month for me to be notified from you that I changed my mailing address through the post office. It seems like that shouldn't take nearly that long if you guys are actually continuously monitoring my identity.

Edna E Wright
March 4th, 2016

LifeLock cleared up my credit rating. They removed debts that belonged to other people from my profile that didn't belong to me. I have a good credit score for the first time in years.

Paul Pedron
March 4th, 2016

Not sure if Lifelock is working because I get very little feedback from this company and what my purchased services are doing... If anything I get too many notifications for accurate purchases and monthly bill payments that I have to clear. Shouldn't it remember these? Is this a waste of money or is it really working? Sceptical

Voncille Kraut
March 4th, 2016

While I'm glad I haven't had any attempts to steal my identity, I am very pleased that Lifelock is monitoring every activity. I have applied for credit and have had Lifelock contact me to make sure it was really me. I appreciated that, and feel confident that I made the right choice by choosing Lifelock. Thank you very much.

J Nystrom
February 25th, 2016

I appreciated hearing from you while I was in the store trying to reopen an account. You alerted me within minutes. Made me feel safe as if it wasn't me I would have been able to stop it immediately. Great job! Thanks

Nana
March 4th, 2016

I have been hacked in two of my charge cards one only 2 weeks ago. So I understand no one has tried to get loans or open anything in this past month but there should be something to protect my charge cards. The charge was made in Europe and was taken care of right away but I had to place a couple of e-mails and speak to someone before I could open a case. Fortunately, the charge was deleted before another could be charged. I chose to closed that account that was the second time in the past year.

Frank McDowell
March 4th, 2016

Lifelock missed some unusual activity with my identity... I was getting Notices from banks located in the northwestern united states.....I'm on the east coast...

fontenotflyer
February 25th, 2016

I greatly appreciate the notices of sexual predators that are living in my community. I also appreciate being notified about web sites that have published my 'personal' information and how I can request that this information be removed.

Gary Moore
February 25th, 2016

I purchased a new vehicle last Feb. and the financial institution doing finance ran a credit report. And before I left the Bank I had a message on my phone making sure the check was for my use and not someone else. I was very impressed. I like the info provided in newsreports as well.

Paul Meyers
February 25th, 2016

I've had Lifelock for a couple of years now, and though I think it is a valuable service, I have applied for credit a few times and not received contact from Lifelock which concerns me.

Patricia E
February 25th, 2016

When I discovered that my identity had been stolen, I was shocked, to say the least. I made the necessary calls, and following through with suggestions. Then, I contacted LifeLock, and I can say that you really are being protected. I've gotten about 3 notices of alert, asking if it was me making and approvinget something. I've used LifeLock for about a year, and I have zero complaints.

Deniece Flippen
February 25th, 2016

Within a half hour of having a credit check done I will get a text message from LifeLock. If I dont answer that right away, they will call me personally to make sure it was me that had the credit check done.

Lois Scarborough
February 25th, 2016

Happy that no problems so far while covered by Lifelock. I did have a computer hack and had to pay to get that taken care of but was only on computer, did not hear of anything else being affected. I like getting emails that all is well from Lifelock and feel fairly well protected with all going on with hackers etc.

Stevedrc
February 25th, 2016

LifeLock first made ME aware of upcoming credit issues when they first detected fraudulent transactions beginning to appear on my credit file. We jumped right on it and they helped me and walked me through every step of the process in repairing and protecting my good name.

David Prosser
February 25th, 2016

LifeLock is always on the ball and I have not experienced any problems since I started their service. They are quick to notify you if there is any doubt about a purchase or event that may be unusual or suspicious.

Walt Stutz
February 15th, 2016

Very impressed: We were in process of refinancing a loan. When Wells Fargo submitted the papers to another division, we were immediately notified that someone was making a loan with our names. The notification was released as soon as Lifelock verified that it was us that was making this loan. A second notification happened when the paperwork was moved to another division. GREAT SERVICE. And it was a very simple process to remove the notification. Thank you very much.

Alan
February 15th, 2016

Life Lock has been an excellent tool in monitoring my credit. Anytime there has been activity with my personal information I have been notified within a day or two. Price point seems to be a little high but it is accompanied with amazing service.

Carol Ann Drust
February 15th, 2016

I heard various reviews citing the confidence they felt having Life Lock so I made the decision to sign up a year ago. I have been very satisfied with the service during my first year and the security I have that I am protected. As a result I have just renewed my account for my second year.

Vivianschwartz
February 15th, 2016

If they find a problem they are right on top of it . I trust this company and would never change it I am very satisfied and would recommend this to everyone. I had updated a store credit card To get sales items on my card and when I did that in the store lifelock called and made sure it was me who made the change . Lifelock was so incredible.e.

VegaMYD
February 15th, 2016

I was shocked when the alert came in my e-mail and also on the phone message. My first thought was somebody stole my identify!! When I went on my computer and followed the direction (I am not good with computer, but direction was clear and not difficult) and found out it was not an identify theft. A commercial entity checked my credit as I had changed my account. I was grateful LifeLock alerted me!!

Shari
February 15th, 2016

I have Lifelock through AOL and have had no further problems with credit attacks. In the past, I found activity on my checking account, people opening accounts in my name, writing fraudulent checks on non-existent accounts, and renting apartments. Nothing further has occurred since signing up with LifeLock.

Dennis and Tereasa
February 15th, 2016

My wife and I both have LifeLock, utilizing the Advantage and the Standard plans. We appreciate the email notifications of monitoring of our accounts. My elderly mother-in-law also has LifeLock after having had her identity stolen and has had no problems since.

Don
February 23rd, 2016

Lifelock is very good at monitoring if you take the time to enter your accounts, settings and complete the whole set up of your account. If you don't then it will not be as effective as it can be. LifeLock stopped some one from taking out a credit card in my name. Without LifeLock the person trying to get the credit card probably would have been successful and i wouldn't have known. I received an alert from LifeLock and they assisted me with blocking the credit card. The LifeLock representative set up a call to the credit card company and was on the call to ensure all went well. The alerts received may not be the day the charge is made there are a few factors involved like when the charge appears on your account and limits you have set for notifications. you don't want to get an alert every time you use your debit or credit to make a $20 purchase. Credit applications or major purchases can take a few days to make it through the system for LifeLock to know they have occurred.

JoeFromTexas
February 15th, 2016

My wife got phone calls from LifeLock saying they couldn't complete my membership. But in the US Mail I got my membership card and LifeLock ID number. I went online and set up my password and entered my financial information to be protected. My wife continued to get phone calls saying my membership was being held up for lack of information. So it just made me feel like the left hand didn't know what the right hand was doing down at LifeLock. That didn't give me a safe feeling about my information being secure.

Imazon
February 15th, 2016

On 2-8-16 I received an alert that there had been a change of address, which I did not make, in June 2015. I called lifelock and spoke with Casandra. She did not seem very professional and covered the mouthpiece & I heard her laughing. She also did not answer my questions in a knowledgeable way. I told her my credit card # had been stolen online in Nov. 2015 and why did I give lifelock all my credit card info if that was not covered? I was told that was another level of protection that I did not have with lifelock. I have AOL lifelock, it would be helpful if someone would enlighten me as to what kind of coverage I actually do have with life lock. Because if it is just to send phony alerts, I don't need it.