NortonLifeLock

7.3

Cynthia Sample Clarksville, TN

I canceled my membership with LifeLock due to someone stole my identity. LifeLock handled my case like it was inapplicable. They informed me that its going to take three days for an investigator to call me. She opened an account and drivers license using my social and you want me to wait three days? During that time she can buy a car, open more accounts and take out a loan. No, Im not going to sit here and wait three days!!!!

Bob Lovington, NM

They state they will notify you if a new line of credit is applied for. I applied for a auto loan and never did hear anything from lifelock. I called in and rep said not all companies were monitored. I ask him why they did not monitor Bank of America but he did not have an answer. It is not like Bank of America is a small company. Really wondering what I am paying for.

Alice Albany, CA

When I was a victim of identity fraud/theft it was almost impossible for me to reach somebody who was supposed to be my "agent". And when I finally got a real person, due only to my demanding to speak to a person, she was hurried and rude and unhelpful. I honestly don't don't what I will do now.I agree with Jeff's description of their terrible customer service.

MS Smith

The customer service is HORRIBLE. I spoke with 3 different people at lifelock. None of them could answer questions I had intelligently. I was enrolling 3 members of our company due to a security breach. We had to hang up and call back for each one. By the time we got to the 3rd member we decided to go online and enroll. After enrolling him online we printed the receipt which contained ALL of his personal information. I have to turn this receipt into the Finance Dept. That just doesn't seem very secure to me from a company that prides itself on protecting your ID.

Freddy Farkle

Had three of the cards being monitored hacked and used. Lifelock never notified me and when I called them they told me to report it to the police. When I cancelled their services, they said they would send me a check for the remainder of my prepaid fees. Been two months and still waiting. 20 to 40 minute wait on phone when I call and get zero service - a waste of time.

Randy Davis

I signed for their best plan. I received a credit alert 5 days ago. Still waiting for information about this alert. Someone is using my credit and life lock does not call me to tell me any information. I would not recommend this business!

Greg Sutton

They use to be good. 3 years ago they stopped a car loan wile i was at the dealer and cleared it up quickly. I just bought a car and nothing except a credit inquiry a week later, several calls about it. when to the web pate and was told to click a green button to OK it. No green button, not able to cleat it and get calls telling me I have to wait 18 minutes to talk to someone, all the while being subject to BS advertising for their lame service.

Vicky

My mom's bank acct was hacked back in 2011. After everything was resolved, she got Lifelock. Then last year her credit card was hacked. She never received a call from Lifelock. It was her bank that notified her of the suspicious transaction. When she called lifelock, they knew nothing about it. They thanked her for notifying them. She asked them why her bank notified her but they didn't, Lifelock couldn't answer that question. They told her they would put this information in her file. She has lost confidence in Lifelock. She's looking for another company for protection.

Mary

When I first signed up for Lifelock, I got an email when I opened a new credit card account. That made me feel safe. But more recently, I opened another account and got no email. Then that new card got hacked to purchase an airline ticket with Turkish Airlines (ISIS?). When I called Lifelock, I was told that they do not monitor 100% but are moving in that direction. They have a more expensive plan now that will monitor such things. But my bank informed me about the fraud and mended it and since Lifelock was no help, I just terminated the Lifelock membership today.

Carla Wall

LifeLock will take your money year after year and make promises to protect your bank account, when you actually need them after someone steals your identity and hard earned money they give you the runaround and tell you the only way to get your money back is to take the thief to court even if that thief is locked up in jail! These guys are worse than the criminals they try to protect us from, they are fraudulent criminals themselves, do not waste your money they do not protect it at all!

Don F.

No happy with product or services. Easy to sign up difficult to address issues of ID Theft. When I call to address someone accessing my credit and opening a CC in my name they only sent me a package to fill out??? I checked them out closer and found LifeLock was Fined by the FTC in 25 states for false advertising and are now under investigation again....Please tell me how the BBB can give this company an A rating when they have been and are being sued by the FTC??? The BBB will give anyone an A if you pay the $$$$!!!

Richard

I bought a car couple years ago and I had to contact them three days later and tell them that I bought a car why didn't they detect it ..Then three days after that they contacted me asking me if I bought a car?im like yes I did but it's too late now. Then recently I opened up a credit card through Wells Fargo and it's been eight days and they still haven't contacted me ..seems to me like LifeLock is a joke... I'm wondering if they really would back me up and fix it if I really had fraud

Gary

What's the use of a so called "alert" if it's 2-5 days after the transaction? They keep giving me BS reasons for the slow "alerts". My bank IMMEDIATELY texts & emails me for the same transactions. I think I'm going to drop them after this year's enrollment period ends.

Sharon v

Got a notice that I needed to change my credit card on my account. Couldn't find after several attempts, the link to make the change. Called the 800 number and the 7 level voice activated system got my credit card number wrong 3 times. I have now been on hold for 17 minutes---WAY too long for me. When I signed up there was a live person, now after several years I'm on hold like I don't matter any more. I'm leaving LL.

mike wolf

initially had standard upgraded to ultimate. was told there was a problem and service was to be discontinued. after 8 months tried to re-enroll to the ultimate after receiving a renewal notice. turns out I had 2 accounts to one address and one was to another person, not me. canceled that got the ultimate but was unable to enter my credit cars and bank accounts into it. So secure I couldn't even enter mu info. needless to say lifelock had been terminated !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Dave

I had savings/bank accounts opened in my name. Lifelock alerted me to this event, but have have a terrible time being able to talk to anyone from their restoration servcies. They are always busy when I call and never all me back, even though they say they will. I have contacted the bank, SS, credit bureaus, and police myself, since I have no idea what LifeLock is doing.

Steve

In the past, I would have given this company at least a '8' or above. Not anymore. A complete '0'. For the past several weeks (the last notice being on April 4) all notices of any activity on my account stopped coming in. The only assistance (if you want to call it that) I got from them was to delete all accounts and then re-enter them. What a complete waste of my time. Still no alerts. I think they might have been hacked because they still don't have any answers. I quickly cancelled my account and will never deal with this company again. Beware of this company.

Amanda Arroyo

My poor brother passed away in Feb. and he had paid this company quite a bit of money for identity theft protection. His account was hacked twice in December and money was taken from his account, with no notification from LifeLock.I recently tried to file a claim with Lifelock, it was denied, even though my name was on his account. Terrible company!

Bob

I gave had Life lock for the last few years. I was a little disenchanted with my renewal rate for 2015 going up 35% for myself and my wife. The service us good but that is a pretty steep increase so I will be looking elsewhere.

Karen

Life lock has been nothing but a thorn in our sides. We changed our credit card number and wanted to discontinue our Lifelock automatic payment account. We got 3 charges on our new card number from Lifelock. When we called them they claimed our credit card company called them to give them our new card number. We are always on hold for at least 15 minutes the Lifelock and they could not find our account when we called. We would not recommend Lifelock since they did nothing for us.

don

My experience with LifeLock was mixed initially and then became worse this year. Most of what I was paying for seemed to be the credit monitoring service. However, when someone opened a cell phone account in my name and worked under my social security number, I didn't get an alert because it wasn't reported to a credit bureau. Then we called to get help from LifeLock and they said sorry that's not covered under our plan and we had to fix it ourselves. Totally different than the commercials make it seem. I now see several lawsuits so maybe I'm not the only one.

Salem Z.

I was a Lemon wallet user and they took over updated the app to lifelock and my credit card info was still there. But on the latest update I cannot access their service anymore where my username and password doesn't work. I need to delete my credit cards details and I'm stuck now. What if someone manages to get access to this account how should I know?! Won't this defeats the purpose?!

Hallieford West Valley City, UT

They are very helpful in watching for suspicious activity and sending alerts. They offer many aspects of protecting your identity and are trustworthy.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We are happy to hear that our specialists provided the level of service you expected. We value you as a member. Sincerely, Autumn Moore NortonLifeLock Product Support Analyst

destiny wright Jacksonville, FL

Norton has definitely protected my computer from a few viruses and sketchy websites. I definitely recommend as I have been using their services for years.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your NortonLifeLock membership in place. Thank you for choosing NortonLifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Kristen Tifft NortonLifeLock Product Support Analyst

Jan. 6th, 2020

Alyssa Boren American Fork, UT

We have loved this company. They are very thorough, and we get notified promptly whenever there is a concern. Even if all is well they send us an email saying that.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Thank you for taking the time to submit your review! We're glad to know that you have peace of mind with your LifeLock membership in place. Thank you for choosing LifeLock, I hope you have a wonderful day! Sincerely, Kristen Tifft LifeLock Product Support Analyst

Oct. 7th, 2019

Becky Livingston, TX

We've had LifeLock on my account and my husbands for probably for or 5 years. I can't say I'm real impressed. I usually hear the news in the media before I get an email from them. I need to look and see what all they are supposed to cover because I had a credit card hacked and almost $5,000 charged and didn't hear a thing from LifeLock.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

LifeLock contacted this consumer on 10/14/2019 to address her concerns.

Oct. 14th, 2019

john oates Sebastian, FL

My VPN stopped working. the agent couldn't fix it so they put me on hold for 2 FRICKING HOURS then some foreign speaking guy tells me the servers are down to call back in 2 hours. This SUCKS! I had to wait 2 hours to be told to call back????? Whata messed up "Service" Center

Sheryl Maccia Chester, NJ

The worst possible company/service I have ever encountered. Paid them over $600 dollars to upgrade and yet no one in their uneducated group of c/s reps in the Philipines could answer simple questions. Spent countless hours on hold. Tried to get a USA number and it's impossible. Scary to think they are protecting my ID? LOL

Reply from NortonLifeLock

NortonLifeLock spoke with the member on 2/24/2020 and addressed their concerns.

Derek VA

Used to be an ok company but I continue to have issues with their website and their customer service has seriously gone down hill. I just received a response that basically said they had addressed my concerned when they obviously have not. It is just one problem after another and I will not trust such a company with such a critical service.

Dallas Adair Whitmore Lake, MI

I called life lock, the person I talked to could have cared less...could not believe this was the person possibly trying to sell me on this plan....not sure what happened but I think she actually hung up on me.... I called another competitor .....

ccassirer Allentown, PA

They need to hire a GOOD technical support team that understand there network. I have had a problem with Lifelock for 6 months, they were never able to fix the problem. There response to my problem was cancel their service they can't help me. Unbelievable

greg rhodes Irving, TX

Member for 4 years. Had SSN stolen and no help or advice. Just learned that wife (also a member) had SSN stolen last year (discovered through credit check) and no alert or info from Lifelock. Called to ask and was given std info spiel on services and disclaimer. Cancelled account. No alerts, no agent, no advice, no help.

Robert Smith

They have not detected that someone opened a credit card account out of state in my wife's name. They did detect that I put a credit freeze on my account, but they did not detact that she did likewise. So not too great in my opinion.

L Palmer

Lifelock failed to detect identity theft that occurred to me. Without any warning; someone used my address and social security number to open a credit card account. To me their service is an expensive false sense of security.

james Bridgeport, CT

SCAM , Canceled my service, then 2 years later I see a $110.00 debit on my credit card. get this LIFE LOCK hit my card without any authorization. I filed a complaint FTC and States Attorney Office, and better business bureau.

Trisha

The Standard Plan provided my family and I with basically no protection so I upgraded to the Advantage Plan. Then, I was made aware of another company and how much protection they offer for a whole lot less money. When I contacted LifeLock to discuss their competitor, they basically told me they did not care if I canceled.

Nick

I have purchased 3 houses since I joined Lifelock. Lifelock's emails told me they had good news and that I had no activity during the periods of the loans being processed. Seems like a pretty worthless service. I am wondering how many other things have been purchased using my credentials that I am not aware of!

Michael bonilla

When I purchased life lock I was disappointed in their "monitoring" service. I buy rentals and bought properties while with them and never received a ding or an alert that said I purchased the properties. So I cancelled them.

Bruce

I have lifelock. In the last year and a half I have taken a mortgage, open two new charge cards and as recently as last week 11/2014 applied for an equity loan. And have not been contacted once by life lock to see if it was me that was involved with the new lines of credit. Great watch dogs!

andy

Lifelock can't do anything. There was Credco mortgage company unauthorized to pull my credit, cause I did not put social security number. Lifelock alert department said some company can pull credit even without social security number. What so stupid statement is that.

Sarah Tackett

We have had LifeLock many years now. In all the years I have only received one piece of mail from them. Wonder if they even know I pay a monthly fee to be a member? :(

Jacob American Fork, UT

Norton has always been our top protection provider. With constant updates and communication, we are alerted of any suspicious activity immediately.

Jan. 2nd, 2020

Don Boren American Fork, UT

The service is good. I get very non-specific alerts all the time that have nothing to do with actual breaches to my identity. They make me do the work to see if I was affected or not.

Kristin G Pleasant Grove, UT

Purchased after our credit cards were compromised. I also had my senior parents purchase as well and feel very secure with this company.

Bri Graham Broadbent, OR

My social security card and driver's were still enjoying from me. We used life lock to make sure no one was using my card.

Abigail Taylorsville, KY

Getting in touch with a live person on Nortons. IMPOSSIBLE WON'T HAPPEN. I HATE HATE HATE HATE HATE THIS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Markham Cambria, CA

We have tried to stop service for four months and have even called the company. They keep charging us, We have to change our credit card to stop their service. If a company is run like this, they may not be the best choice.

Reply from NortonLifeLock

Dear Michael Markham, We appreciate you taking the time to submit a review of NortonLifeLock! We would be happy to discuss your concerns in further detail. Please feel free to call us directly at the phone number below at your convenience or reply to this message with a good time for us to reach out to you and your best phone number to be contacted at. Sincerely, NortonLifeLock Member Services Office: 844-450-2556 Email: [email protected]

Skip T Lima, OH

I have used them and I get instant notifications when my SSN is used. I think the price is a little high though.

William Wortman Jay, OK

I called to give them another credit and the girl kept asking questions for verification. After several questions I explained I was just calling to give them another credit card. She was very rude so I just canceled.

Mike

I signed up with LL about 2 months ago. Just found 2 fraudulent charges on a credit card that is protected by LL totaling $250! No alerts from LL...having to deal with it myself. So far I'm not impressed.