We receive a commission for orders made from the links on this page.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, NortonLifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring.

NortonLifeLock is a modern identity theft protection company that services millions of members and provides identity theft protection to individuals and families.

According to NortonLifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. NortonLifeLock will send alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems.

Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 25% off (for first year) a NortonLifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Restoration Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

NortonLifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens.

NortonLifeLock customers can receive credit monitoring services (See disclaimer below) from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), dark web monitoring, data breach notifications, social security number monitoring, financial account monitoring, and more.

***Disclaimer: If your plan includes credit reports, scores, and/or credit monitoring features ("Credit Features"), two requirements must be met to receive said features: (i) your identity must be successfully verified with Equifax; and (ii) Equifax must be able to locate your credit file and it must contain sufficient credit history information. IF EITHER OF THE FOREGOING REQUIREMENTS ARE NOT MET YOU WILL NOT RECEIVE CREDIT FEATURES FROM ANY BUREAU. If your plan also includes Credit Features from Experian and/or TransUnion, the above verification process must also be successfully completed with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable. If verification is successfully completed with Equifax, but not with Experian and/or TransUnion, as applicable, you will not receive Credit Features from such bureau(s) until the verification process is successfully completed and until then you will only receive Credit Features from Equifax. Any credit monitoring from Experian and TransUnion will take several days to begin after your successful plan enrollment.

Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. Thus, NortonLifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Restoration Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, NortonLifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. This includes a dedicated restoration specialist and lost wallet protection.

Additionally, NortonLifeLock assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, NortonLifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

If a member becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock helps protect them with their Million Dollar Protection™ Package. This includes reimbursement for stolen funds and coverage for personal expenses, each with limits of up to $25,000, $100,000 or $1 million depending on the plan, and coverage for lawyers and experts if needed up to $1 million, to help resolve the case.

***Disclaimer: Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

24/7 Live Member Support

NortonLifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The identity protection service provider will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the threats.

NortonLifeLock will also monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind.

NortonLifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual NortonLifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing.

Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. NortonLifeLock's refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

NortonLifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the Select plan that costs $9.99 per month (for the first year), the Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 per month (for the first year), and the Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month (for the first year).

Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 25% off for the first year (compared to the renewal price), of all NortonLifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These optoins include social security number alerts and credit alerts.

Within the industry, NortonLifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and fraud security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the NortonLifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.

With the NortonLifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus depending on their plan. According to the NortonLifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts."

Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

Device Security Availability

In terms of device security, NortonLifeLock has plenty to offer. Unfortunately, some of the device security options that the company offers are not available to all devices.

According to the company's website, the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options are currently not supported on Mac OS.

The Bottom Line

NortonLifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including stolen wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft or fraud from a stolen identity event. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service.

NortonLifeLock's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers stolen or lost documents, travel expenses, lost wages, and more (See "Million Dollar™ Protection Package" for details and accompanying disclaimer). The company also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed LifeLock mobile application, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

NortonLifeLock has three identity protection plan options — the Select plan, the Advantage plan, and the Ultimate Plus plan.

These plans can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc.

The one major downside of the company is that some of its device security options, such as the Norton Family Parental Controls, Norton Cloud Backup, and SafeCam options, are not supported on Mac OS devices, which may limit some NortonLifeLock account members from having additional protection against identity thieves.

Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information from theft, NortonLifeLock is a great company to choose from.

***Reimbursement and Expense Compensation, each with limits of up to $1 million for Ultimate Plus, up to $100,000 for Advantage and up to $25,000 for Standard and Select (Norton 360 with LifeLock Select). And up to $1 million for coverage for lawyers and experts if needed, for all plans. Benefits under the Master Policy are issued and covered by United Specialty Insurance Company (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at: LifeLock.com/legal.

3.9

May 12th, 2016

Life lock makes me feel safe. The representative I worked with over the phone was outstanding. She answered all of my questions and even stayed on the phone with me while I entered my credit card information. I like getting updates and other news via email.

May 12th, 2016

I have had a couple of problems in the past year and Life Lock was right there to help me out and settle the problem. I don't know what I would have done without them and I am sure it would have cost me a substantial amount of money. They made it so much easier to settle.

May 12th, 2016

I really liked hearing from LifeLock to let me know that all was well with my account. Thanks for the good service!

May 11th, 2016

I'm a victim of identity theft and have been working with lifelock and they have really been helpful on the steps I need to take to resolve this. If I contact my rep from lifelock they call me back in a timely matter and answer any questions I have.

May 11th, 2016

Very efficient company; they are very service orientated, extremely helpful, and a pleasure to work with on any issue. Keep up the good work!

May 10th, 2016

Lifelock is totally transparent, always there, and a necessity in my opinion! Only negative comment is that it is somewhat hard to reload files after a disc crash.

May 10th, 2016

It's very reassuring to know that LifeLock is so vigilant in looking for threats to our identity, & it's also reassuring to know that if our identity is breached, LifeLock is there to help us in the recovery process.

May 10th, 2016

Only last week a third party tried to hack into my computer. And there have been other attempts to steel my identity, too. I'm much more comfortable with my LifeLock protection.

May 10th, 2016

Although I always take precautions, shredding, erasing my web history, etc., it's good to know Lifelock has my back. I recently thought I may have an incident and they were so professional and knowledgeable and walked me through the different protocols. I am so glad I do business with this company!

May 9th, 2016

I have always been kept informed as to how things are going with my account on a regular basis which makes me feel very secure in the fact that someone is looking after the accounts.

May 9th, 2016

Having received notice from vendors who have access to my personal information with notices of their storage having been compromised, it's comforting to know LifeLock is monitoring our family accounts.

May 8th, 2016

LifeLock notified me the same day that someone tried to open an account with a company in my name. I couldn't be happier that I have this service. I will never give it up.

May 6th, 2016

I really love LifeLock services. Sometimes I feel that they are a little excessive, I appreciate those alerts letting me know that someone might be trying to get credit using my identity. Those alerts are a little scary because in your mind you are wondering who might be the one trying to get access to my personal information or get credit using my identity. I am so impressed with LIfeLock that I have told family and friends about LifeLock. I told them if they watch TV , LifeLock has plenty of commercials and when those commercials come you write down the phone number and call them. I have given strangers your phone number because I have my sticker stuck on the back of my I-Phone. Yes! I will and have recommend LifeLock to friends, family, and strangers.

May 6th, 2016

I've always gotten updates .... And when I applied for credit card ....life lock wanted to know if it was me who applied .... To make sure someone else was trying to open account in my name ....I really appreciate them watching out for me

May 5th, 2016

I tried to apply for a Credit Card and immediately received a call and text message advising me of the application and wanted to verify if it was me. Great service

May 5th, 2016

Very fast alerts, phone & text regarding potential fraudulent activities. Great customer service with real people as opposed to a computer. Easy to use web site with good information. Overall great product.

May 4th, 2016

Appreciate LifeLocks' monthly update 'E-Mail' !!! Receiving this 'E-Mail' affords me the knowledge that LifeLock is always looking out for my security .

May 4th, 2016

I thought I was careful with my personal information until the day I received a letter requesting additional information for a credit card. They had part of my social security number. I signed up with LifeLock the next day. It's a nice feeling that there is someone else watching out for you.

May 4th, 2016

Exceptional service and texts are quick and LifeLock resolved the issue in quick time. I feel very safe and less stressful knowing I am being cared for by a very professional company. The service reps are very polite and work hard to answer all questions and work with me to handle any issues I have. John C. LifeLock member since October 2015

May 4th, 2016

Lifelock has already saved me one time. I had my identity stolen two years ago and it is a nightmare. I have Lifelock through AOL and I cherish it. I truly do think it is just wonderful and they have already caught one attempt at fraud for me.

May 4th, 2016

Twice now Lifeflock has come to the rescue of our daughters when they had either lost or had their wallet stolen. A call to Lifelock made the stress level decrease as they were walked thru the process of closing accounts, replacing licenses and most importantly of all, knowing that their identity would be monitored for fraud. Thank you!!

May 4th, 2016

I just recently learned there are different levels of service. Guess I missed that when I enrolled, but even now I don't understand why a better effort to inform clients isn't made by Lifelock. I don't know what level of service I have and when I've reviewed my account it is confusing and unclear. I clicked a service above but I truly don't know what I am paying for, would be nice to know.

May 4th, 2016

I would highly recommend LifeLock for everyone. It really helps ease my worry about being hacked, money stolen from bank accounts, charges on my credit cards, child molesters in my area where I live, etc.

May 4th, 2016

Too slow to sending notice when credit is being check, long delay from LifeLock when someone is checking your credit

May 3rd, 2016

Since I have been using Lifelock service, I have not had but one problem. It wasn't a problem for Lifelock, when they spotted what appeared to be a transaction in another country which I was also unaware of, they called me directly. It turned out to be an antivirus I had purchased, but I didn't know it's main offices was in another country. I had made the purchase, but I felt so very secure and safe that Lifelock is looking out for me, and it will be looking out for you!

May 3rd, 2016

Lifelock makes it easy to monitor your financial history and identify issues. Takes the guess work out of making an assessment.

May 3rd, 2016

Life Lock has taken the worry off my mind. I still do worry and check my accounts regular, but I know that Life Lock is also keeping an eye on my financial accounts, since sometimes, I don't have time or am away from a computer. If anything happen, they will inform me.

Cynthia

May 3rd, 2016

I've been with the company for several years now. I wasn't concerned until recently, I went through my accounts on their system and some of them haven't been updated since March 31st ---- today is May 3rd. How are you protecting me if you haven't monitored my account in over a month??

May 2nd, 2016

When I open an account or change one they immediately email me or call and i was left feeling very sure things are being watched.

May 2nd, 2016

A number of years back Lifelock detected, on two occasions, individuals trying to open accounts using my personal information. Upon checking with me, LifeLock stopped the transactions and kept my personal info from being used and distributed. Now, anytime I suspect.any unauthorized activity in any of my accounts, I simply contact LifeLock and I'm confident that the situation is professionally taken care of.

May 2nd, 2016

Thank you for sending me my MAY monthly email notice that you did not find any fraudulent activity on my account. I was getting worried because I haven't received an email from you for the past three months. I even telephoned you to ask why I stopped getting my monthly emails? The person on the telephone didn't seem to know. But I am so happy I received an email on May 1st. I hope the emails continue each month. Thank you.

May 1st, 2016

I have not had an experience of being hacked or a card stolen but I have lost my billfold in the past. In fact, I was recently in Colorado and left my billfold in a motel near the Denver airport. I feel comfortable knowing my things will be OK until they are mailed back to me.

May 1st, 2016

Lifelock is great! Since purchasing LifeLock's services, I have had 4 additional notification attempts on my identify and with having Lifelock on my side, I am happy that nothing has become of these attempts; I'm elated they're on my side. thank you Lifelock!!

May 1st, 2016

Lifelock called me about someone trying to open a credit account with my name and they stopped it from happening.

April 29th, 2016

In all honesty I probably not as careful as I should be online. However, when I receive my Service review I breathe a sense of relief and remember to be more care. Fortunately I have not had to use LifeLock's services, but I'm relieved I have it.

April 29th, 2016

Great so far. Appreciate monthly e-mail newsletter with updates on security issues, how to be better at spotting fraud and staying safe. Real test will begin if identity is ever stolen. Called to share information on fraudulent call from supposed "Dell Service " where caller wanted remote access to my PC. My contact was extremely professional and helpful.

April 28th, 2016

I really appreciate to monthly reports I know they emailed my husband as soon as they found activity. In this day and age Life Lock gives me the extra protection and security I want.

April 28th, 2016

I appreciated the monthly updates and information provided on security. Its also good to be prepared and to know what is happening on new scams.

April 28th, 2016

LifeLock lets me know each month if anything has been detected or not. They also inform of places and things that have been compromised or scams.

April 28th, 2016

My home was burgluerized in 2009. Most of my cards, documents, and cherished items were stolen. I felt violated and worried that my identity would also be compromised. I joined Lifelock AMD they have protected me. It's a good feeling to have someone looking out for my identity

April 28th, 2016

With LifeLock, I have been notified when any activity happens with my credit information and I have had no issues with my credit since having LifeLock. When an inquiry or incident occurs, I am notified via text; and my ability to accept or deny is a simple test response away. Great product that I highly recommend

April 27th, 2016

LifeLock is prompt in letting me know the status of any activity on my personal data and that is reassuring that my data is protected.

April 26th, 2016

I am most pleased with the service. A few months ago I opened an account at Cosco and within 25 minutes was called to see if it was me. I hadn't even left the store. Now that is what I call good service.

Freddy Farkle

April 26th, 2016

Had three of the cards being monitored hacked and used. Lifelock never notified me and when I called them they told me to report it to the police. When I cancelled their services, they said they would send me a check for the remainder of my prepaid fees. Been two months and still waiting. 20 to 40 minute wait on phone when I call and get zero service - a waste of time.

April 25th, 2016

I became a member because of a possible breach with one of the many companies handling my personal identifiable information. I have had no problem with any unscrupulous activity since LifeLock been watching over my accounts.

April 25th, 2016

Because I have been vulnerable in the past, Life Locke has been a godsend. They contacted me on 2 occasions when my security was breached, and prevented any loss. I feel much safer with Life Locke in place.

April 25th, 2016

I have been completely satisfied with LifeLock from day one. I have never had an interaction with LifeLock personnel that was not a completely positive experience, and the web site is easy to navigate and gives added value to membership. I would, and in-fact often do, highly recommend LifeLock to friends and family. If given the opportunity to make any change, so that LifeLock could work better for me, I couldn't come up with any suggestions. It is a terrific service and great value.

April 24th, 2016

LifeLock contacted me to inquire if I had applied for a recent credit card. I did not and they handled it beautifully. They advised me to contact a credit rating company to protect my current rating and they followed my account and kept me informed. Love them.

April 24th, 2016

Okay in the past year I've had more than a few things come up that lifelong has notify me of some was me and other not mine and for the times that was not mine I'm very thankful for life lock being in place to have thing set straight .

April 22nd, 2016

Dealership was playing games with running credit. Lifelock let me know when the ran a credit application. I can't wait to see them today and let them know I'm serious about my business!