Contact A Company$100 Satisfaction Guarantee keyboard_arrow_right

LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
$100 Guarantee
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers. Identity theft criminals often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their service packages to further customer satisfaction and protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive identity theft protection and identity restoration services including lost wallet protection, in addition to a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other identity theft protection companies.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

Deborah D.
May 10th, 2016

I thought I was careful with my personal information until the day I received a letter requesting additional information for a credit card. They had part of my social security number. I signed up with LifeLock the next day. It's a nice feeling that there is someone else watching out for you.

Johnny Coppage
May 10th, 2016

Exceptional service and texts are quick and LifeLock resolved the issue in quick time. I feel very safe and less stressful knowing I am being cared for by a very professional company. The service reps are very polite and work hard to answer all questions and work with me to handle any issues I have. John C. LifeLock member since October 2015

Sue Stappelman
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock has already saved me one time. I had my identity stolen two years ago and it is a nightmare. I have Lifelock through AOL and I cherish it. I truly do think it is just wonderful and they have already caught one attempt at fraud for me.

Barbara Adamson
May 10th, 2016

Twice now Lifeflock has come to the rescue of our daughters when they had either lost or had their wallet stolen. A call to Lifelock made the stress level decrease as they were walked thru the process of closing accounts, replacing licenses and most importantly of all, knowing that their identity would be monitored for fraud. Thank you!!

Hickory Starr Jr.
May 10th, 2016

I just recently learned there are different levels of service. Guess I missed that when I enrolled, but even now I don't understand why a better effort to inform clients isn't made by Lifelock. I don't know what level of service I have and when I've reviewed my account it is confusing and unclear. I clicked a service above but I truly don't know what I am paying for, would be nice to know.

Marie Reynolds
May 10th, 2016

I would highly recommend LifeLock for everyone. It really helps ease my worry about being hacked, money stolen from bank accounts, charges on my credit cards, child molesters in my area where I live, etc.

Richard Winters
May 10th, 2016

Too slow to sending notice when credit is being check, long delay from LifeLock when someone is checking your credit

Ali Sanders
May 10th, 2016

Since I have been using Lifelock service, I have not had but one problem. It wasn't a problem for Lifelock, when they spotted what appeared to be a transaction in another country which I was also unaware of, they called me directly. It turned out to be an antivirus I had purchased, but I didn't know it's main offices was in another country. I had made the purchase, but I felt so very secure and safe that Lifelock is looking out for me, and it will be looking out for you!

Andres
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock makes it easy to monitor your financial history and identify issues. Takes the guess work out of making an assessment.

Gloria Rolando
May 10th, 2016

Life Lock has taken the worry off my mind. I still do worry and check my accounts regular, but I know that Life Lock is also keeping an eye on my financial accounts, since sometimes, I don't have time or am away from a computer. If anything happen, they will inform me.

Cynthia
May 10th, 2016

I've been with the company for several years now. I wasn't concerned until recently, I went through my accounts on their system and some of them haven't been updated since March 31st ---- today is May 3rd. How are you protecting me if you haven't monitored my account in over a month??

Gloria Bayer
May 10th, 2016

When I open an account or change one they immediately email me or call and i was left feeling very sure things are being watched.

Ron Beaulieu
May 10th, 2016

A number of years back Lifelock detected, on two occasions, individuals trying to open accounts using my personal information. Upon checking with me, LifeLock stopped the transactions and kept my personal info from being used and distributed. Now, anytime I suspect.any unauthorized activity in any of my accounts, I simply contact LifeLock and I'm confident that the situation is professionally taken care of.

Linda
May 10th, 2016

Thank you for sending me my MAY monthly email notice that you did not find any fraudulent activity on my account. I was getting worried because I haven't received an email from you for the past three months. I even telephoned you to ask why I stopped getting my monthly emails? The person on the telephone didn't seem to know. But I am so happy I received an email on May 1st. I hope the emails continue each month. Thank you.

Marsha Walls
May 10th, 2016

I have not had an experience of being hacked or a card stolen but I have lost my billfold in the past. In fact, I was recently in Colorado and left my billfold in a motel near the Denver airport. I feel comfortable knowing my things will be OK until they are mailed back to me.

Jerrie
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock is great! Since purchasing LifeLock's services, I have had 4 additional notification attempts on my identify and with having Lifelock on my side, I am happy that nothing has become of these attempts; I'm elated they're on my side. thank you Lifelock!!

Sheila Altshuler
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock called me about someone trying to open a credit account with my name and they stopped it from happening.

Felicia Lynch
May 10th, 2016

In all honesty I probably not as careful as I should be online. However, when I receive my Service review I breathe a sense of relief and remember to be more care. Fortunately I have not had to use LifeLock's services, but I'm relieved I have it.

Pepper
May 10th, 2016

Great so far. Appreciate monthly e-mail newsletter with updates on security issues, how to be better at spotting fraud and staying safe. Real test will begin if identity is ever stolen. Called to share information on fraudulent call from supposed "Dell Service " where caller wanted remote access to my PC. My contact was extremely professional and helpful.

Pitter
May 10th, 2016

I really appreciate to monthly reports I know they emailed my husband as soon as they found activity. In this day and age Life Lock gives me the extra protection and security I want.

Randall Thron
May 10th, 2016

I appreciated the monthly updates and information provided on security. Its also good to be prepared and to know what is happening on new scams.

Sheila Romine
May 10th, 2016

LifeLock lets me know each month if anything has been detected or not. They also inform of places and things that have been compromised or scams.

Van
May 10th, 2016

My home was burgluerized in 2009. Most of my cards, documents, and cherished items were stolen. I felt violated and worried that my identity would also be compromised. I joined Lifelock AMD they have protected me. It's a good feeling to have someone looking out for my identity

David
May 10th, 2016

With LifeLock, I have been notified when any activity happens with my credit information and I have had no issues with my credit since having LifeLock. When an inquiry or incident occurs, I am notified via text; and my ability to accept or deny is a simple test response away. Great product that I highly recommend

Gus Agostinelli
April 27th, 2016

LifeLock is prompt in letting me know the status of any activity on my personal data and that is reassuring that my data is protected.

Gail Abbey
April 27th, 2016

I am most pleased with the service. A few months ago I opened an account at Cosco and within 25 minutes was called to see if it was me. I hadn't even left the store. Now that is what I call good service.

Freddy Farkle
April 26th, 2016

Had three of the cards being monitored hacked and used. Lifelock never notified me and when I called them they told me to report it to the police. When I cancelled their services, they said they would send me a check for the remainder of my prepaid fees. Been two months and still waiting. 20 to 40 minute wait on phone when I call and get zero service - a waste of time.

Wm David Wynn
April 27th, 2016

I became a member because of a possible breach with one of the many companies handling my personal identifiable information. I have had no problem with any unscrupulous activity since LifeLock been watching over my accounts.

Emmberrann
April 27th, 2016

Because I have been vulnerable in the past, Life Locke has been a godsend. They contacted me on 2 occasions when my security was breached, and prevented any loss. I feel much safer with Life Locke in place.

Al C
April 27th, 2016

I have been completely satisfied with LifeLock from day one. I have never had an interaction with LifeLock personnel that was not a completely positive experience, and the web site is easy to navigate and gives added value to membership. I would, and in-fact often do, highly recommend LifeLock to friends and family. If given the opportunity to make any change, so that LifeLock could work better for me, I couldn't come up with any suggestions. It is a terrific service and great value.

Tina S
April 27th, 2016

LifeLock contacted me to inquire if I had applied for a recent credit card. I did not and they handled it beautifully. They advised me to contact a credit rating company to protect my current rating and they followed my account and kept me informed. Love them.

Brooks west
April 27th, 2016

Okay in the past year I've had more than a few things come up that lifelong has notify me of some was me and other not mine and for the times that was not mine I'm very thankful for life lock being in place to have thing set straight .

Yvonne
April 27th, 2016

Dealership was playing games with running credit. Lifelock let me know when the ran a credit application. I can't wait to see them today and let them know I'm serious about my business!

John
April 21st, 2016

I enrolled in LifeLock Ultimate-Plus in December 2015. I found out Monday, 4/18/16, that someone had filed a fraudulent tax return using my SSN. I waited on hold for 15-20 minutes (3 times) and finally gave up. I called the IRS and got excellent help from the representative. I finally reached someone at LifeLock today, 4/21, who would "email" the information that I needed to proceed to protect myself. When I asked if Lifelock was going to contact all the necessary parties that needed to be notified, which are several, I'm pretty sure the answer was no. But he was evasive in his response. I should have dumped them when I was notified that I was a member of the "class" in a class-action lawsuit settlement related to them not doing what their advertising and high paid spokespeople say they do. Poetic justice!! I'm just going to freeze my credit through the 3 bureaus since I don't plan on buying anything. I'm dumping this company.

Kenneth Kunde
April 27th, 2016

I`m very pleased with Lifelock and their monitoring of my personal information for sometime now. I like the fact that they let me know of any new changes.

drdolly
April 20th, 2016

While a bit pricey...the ends DO justify the means in this instance. Everything needed in one place...credit reports, safety and security reports, meaningful information re: same...well done...LiveLock!

Randy Davis
April 19th, 2016

I signed for their best plan. I received a credit alert 5 days ago. Still waiting for information about this alert. Someone is using my credit and life lock does not call me to tell me any information. I would not recommend this business!

Greg Sutton
April 18th, 2016

They use to be good. 3 years ago they stopped a car loan wile i was at the dealer and cleared it up quickly. I just bought a car and nothing except a credit inquiry a week later, several calls about it. when to the web pate and was told to click a green button to OK it. No green button, not able to cleat it and get calls telling me I have to wait 18 minutes to talk to someone, all the while being subject to BS advertising for their lame service.

AnitaIHarris
April 20th, 2016

Ive been using lifelock for a while, i would say 5yrs. or better ,& iam fully satisfied about the services. Excellent job guys, thanks for everything!

christine cummings
April 20th, 2016

Very happy with the service. My membership was up this month. I just renewed it for this upcoming year. I enjoy the updates every month. It means alot. Please continue the great service, and also the updates. Also, each time I call Lifelock I receive incredible service.