LifeLock

verified
LifeLock Logo

LifeLock

verified
Get 10% off + 30 Days Free. Terms Apply.

*We will be compensated by LifeLock for any purchase made through this site

Founded in 2005 and headquartered in Arizona, LifeLock offers identity theft protection services that include public records monitoring, financial account monitoring, and credit monitoring. LifeLock services more than 4.4 million members and provides identity theft protection to individuals, families, and businesses. According to LifeLock's website, "data breach criminals" often have the abilities to commit identity theft long after a breach occurs. LifeLock will send fraud alerts to customers of any potentially suspicious activity and will help address identity theft victim problems. Using the promo code "BestCom," Best Company visitors can get 10% off a LifeLock protection plan. Terms apply.

Click Here To See LifeLock Reviews

The Good

• Identity Theft Protection
  • Recovery Services
  • Million Dollar™ Protection Package
  • 24/7 Live Member Support
  • Money-Back Guarantee
  • Pricing
  • Mobile App

Identity Theft Protection

LifeLock provides several identity theft protection services in an effort to catch identity theft and identity fraud before it happens. LifeLock customers will receive credit monitoring services from all three major credit bureaus (Experian, Equifax, and TransUnion), internet scanning, court records monitoring, social security number monitoring, and financial account monitoring. Identity theft can ruin everything from credit scores and credit reports to taxes and savings accounts. LifeLock offers multiple identity theft protection services to help provide each customer with the protection and security they are looking for.

Recovery Services

In the event that a customer becomes a victim of identity theft, LifeLock offers a number of recovery services to help restore the customer's identity to pre-theft status. The company provides limited power of attorney and lost wallet protection, as well as assists with financial, medical, criminal, and tax identity recovery. For a fee of $300, LifeLock will also work with customers with pre-existing identity theft conditions.

Million Dollar™ Protection Package*

LifeLock offers up to $1 million in its million dollar protection package, which covers up to $2,000 in replacement of lost or stolen documents, up to $2,500 in traveling expenses, up to $6,000 in lost wages, up to $6,000 in elderly and child care, up to $10,000 in fraudulent withdrawals, and up to $1 million in legal services in the event of identity theft.

24/7 Live Member Support

LifeLock provides reliable customer service by giving customers access to 24/7 live member support agents. The company will notify customers (via alerts) of potentially fraudulent activity and will help customers determine how to handle the situation. LifeLock will monitor customers' information around-the-clock so customers can rest with a peace of mind. LifeLock's website also provides a list of helpful identity theft protection advice and educational resources (regarding credit reports, credit score monitoring, social security cards, credit freezes, and personally identifiable information) for customers to access at any time.

Money-Back Guarantee

The identity theft protection company offers a 60-day complete money-back guarantee to annual LifeLock account members that request a refund within the appropriated 60 days post-billing. Meanwhile, some other companies in the identity theft protection industry do not offer a complete money-back guarantee with their services. LifeLock's pro-rated refund promise emphasizes the company's confidence as well as its service guarantee.

Pricing

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options to choose from: the LifeLock Standard plan that costs $9.99 a month, the LifeLock Advantage plan that costs members $19.99 a month, and the LifeLock Ultimate Plus plan that costs $29.99 per month. Best Company visitors can use the promo code "BestCom," to get 10% off of all LifeLock identity theft protection options. Terms apply. These options include social security number and credit alerts. Within the industry, LifeLock's plans are priced at lower rates and allow customers the flexibility to choose how much they want to invest in identity protection services and security.

Mobile App

Customers are able to get the LifeLock mobile app that allows them to receive and respond to alerts while on-the-go and easily obtain customer service help through the in-app member services feature.  With the LifeLock mobile app, customers can access their credit scores from all three credit bureaus. According to the LifeLock website, the mobile app also includes "dark web activity detection, fictitious identity monitoring, court records scanning, and investment account activity alerts." Overall, the mobile app is an extra feature that helps protect customers from identity theft and identity fraud.

The Bad

No Antivirus Software

In contrast to many other identity theft protection companies, LifeLock does not provide customers with antivirus software to protect sensitive data on their personal computers from identity thieves. Identity thieves often target personal computer systems which means that LifeLock customers will need to pay personal out-of-pocket expenses for additional identity theft protection in regard to antivirus software. Other companies in the identity theft protection industry offer antivirus software within their standard plan/package to save customers personal expense and to provide further identity protection.

The Bottom Line

LifeLock offers extensive protection services as well as identity restoration services including lost wallet protection to those who have fallen victim of identity theft. Additionally, the company offers a Million Dollar™ Protection Package and 24/7 live member support customer service. The company's Million Dollar™ Protection Package covers lost or stolen documents, wages, and more. LifeLock also provides educational resources, a money-back guarantee, a detailed mobile app, and reasonable pricing in comparison to other protection services.

LifeLock offers three identity theft protection options that can include credit, social security, bank account, credit card, and crimes/other fraud alerts as well as credit report and credit score monitoring and updates from all three major credit bureaus, etc. The one major downside of the company is that it does not seem to provide antivirus software which limits some LifeLock account members from additional identity protection as they would have to pay out-of-pocket expenses to get antivirus software. Above all, if you are looking for a reliable company to help protect your identity and personal information, LifeLock is a great company to choose.

*Coverage for lawyers and experts, up to $1 million for all plans, if needed. Benefits provided by Master Policy issued by United Specialty Insurance Company, Inc. (State National Insurance Company, Inc. for NY State members). Policy terms, conditions and exclusions at LifeLock.com/legal.

Marsha Walls
May 10th, 2016

I have not had an experience of being hacked or a card stolen but I have lost my billfold in the past. In fact, I was recently in Colorado and left my billfold in a motel near the Denver airport. I feel comfortable knowing my things will be OK until they are mailed back to me.

Jerrie
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock is great! Since purchasing LifeLock's services, I have had 4 additional notification attempts on my identify and with having Lifelock on my side, I am happy that nothing has become of these attempts; I'm elated they're on my side. thank you Lifelock!!

Sheila Altshuler
May 10th, 2016

Lifelock called me about someone trying to open a credit account with my name and they stopped it from happening.

Felicia Lynch
May 10th, 2016

In all honesty I probably not as careful as I should be online. However, when I receive my Service review I breathe a sense of relief and remember to be more care. Fortunately I have not had to use LifeLock's services, but I'm relieved I have it.

Pepper
May 10th, 2016

Great so far. Appreciate monthly e-mail newsletter with updates on security issues, how to be better at spotting fraud and staying safe. Real test will begin if identity is ever stolen. Called to share information on fraudulent call from supposed "Dell Service " where caller wanted remote access to my PC. My contact was extremely professional and helpful.

Pitter
May 10th, 2016

I really appreciate to monthly reports I know they emailed my husband as soon as they found activity. In this day and age Life Lock gives me the extra protection and security I want.

Randall Thron
May 10th, 2016

I appreciated the monthly updates and information provided on security. Its also good to be prepared and to know what is happening on new scams.

Sheila Romine
May 10th, 2016

LifeLock lets me know each month if anything has been detected or not. They also inform of places and things that have been compromised or scams.

Van
May 10th, 2016

My home was burgluerized in 2009. Most of my cards, documents, and cherished items were stolen. I felt violated and worried that my identity would also be compromised. I joined Lifelock AMD they have protected me. It's a good feeling to have someone looking out for my identity

David
May 10th, 2016

With LifeLock, I have been notified when any activity happens with my credit information and I have had no issues with my credit since having LifeLock. When an inquiry or incident occurs, I am notified via text; and my ability to accept or deny is a simple test response away. Great product that I highly recommend

Gus Agostinelli
April 27th, 2016

LifeLock is prompt in letting me know the status of any activity on my personal data and that is reassuring that my data is protected.

Gail Abbey
April 27th, 2016

I am most pleased with the service. A few months ago I opened an account at Cosco and within 25 minutes was called to see if it was me. I hadn't even left the store. Now that is what I call good service.

Freddy Farkle
April 26th, 2016

Had three of the cards being monitored hacked and used. Lifelock never notified me and when I called them they told me to report it to the police. When I cancelled their services, they said they would send me a check for the remainder of my prepaid fees. Been two months and still waiting. 20 to 40 minute wait on phone when I call and get zero service - a waste of time.

Wm David Wynn
April 27th, 2016

I became a member because of a possible breach with one of the many companies handling my personal identifiable information. I have had no problem with any unscrupulous activity since LifeLock been watching over my accounts.

Emmberrann
April 27th, 2016

Because I have been vulnerable in the past, Life Locke has been a godsend. They contacted me on 2 occasions when my security was breached, and prevented any loss. I feel much safer with Life Locke in place.

Al C
April 27th, 2016

I have been completely satisfied with LifeLock from day one. I have never had an interaction with LifeLock personnel that was not a completely positive experience, and the web site is easy to navigate and gives added value to membership. I would, and in-fact often do, highly recommend LifeLock to friends and family. If given the opportunity to make any change, so that LifeLock could work better for me, I couldn't come up with any suggestions. It is a terrific service and great value.

Tina S
April 27th, 2016

LifeLock contacted me to inquire if I had applied for a recent credit card. I did not and they handled it beautifully. They advised me to contact a credit rating company to protect my current rating and they followed my account and kept me informed. Love them.

Brooks west
April 27th, 2016

Okay in the past year I've had more than a few things come up that lifelong has notify me of some was me and other not mine and for the times that was not mine I'm very thankful for life lock being in place to have thing set straight .

Yvonne
April 27th, 2016

Dealership was playing games with running credit. Lifelock let me know when the ran a credit application. I can't wait to see them today and let them know I'm serious about my business!

John
April 21st, 2016

I enrolled in LifeLock Ultimate-Plus in December 2015. I found out Monday, 4/18/16, that someone had filed a fraudulent tax return using my SSN. I waited on hold for 15-20 minutes (3 times) and finally gave up. I called the IRS and got excellent help from the representative. I finally reached someone at LifeLock today, 4/21, who would "email" the information that I needed to proceed to protect myself. When I asked if Lifelock was going to contact all the necessary parties that needed to be notified, which are several, I'm pretty sure the answer was no. But he was evasive in his response. I should have dumped them when I was notified that I was a member of the "class" in a class-action lawsuit settlement related to them not doing what their advertising and high paid spokespeople say they do. Poetic justice!! I'm just going to freeze my credit through the 3 bureaus since I don't plan on buying anything. I'm dumping this company.

Kenneth Kunde
April 27th, 2016

I`m very pleased with Lifelock and their monitoring of my personal information for sometime now. I like the fact that they let me know of any new changes.

drdolly
April 20th, 2016

While a bit pricey...the ends DO justify the means in this instance. Everything needed in one place...credit reports, safety and security reports, meaningful information re: same...well done...LiveLock!

Randy Davis
April 19th, 2016

I signed for their best plan. I received a credit alert 5 days ago. Still waiting for information about this alert. Someone is using my credit and life lock does not call me to tell me any information. I would not recommend this business!

Greg Sutton
April 18th, 2016

They use to be good. 3 years ago they stopped a car loan wile i was at the dealer and cleared it up quickly. I just bought a car and nothing except a credit inquiry a week later, several calls about it. when to the web pate and was told to click a green button to OK it. No green button, not able to cleat it and get calls telling me I have to wait 18 minutes to talk to someone, all the while being subject to BS advertising for their lame service.

AnitaIHarris
April 20th, 2016

Ive been using lifelock for a while, i would say 5yrs. or better ,& iam fully satisfied about the services. Excellent job guys, thanks for everything!

christine cummings
April 20th, 2016

Very happy with the service. My membership was up this month. I just renewed it for this upcoming year. I enjoy the updates every month. It means alot. Please continue the great service, and also the updates. Also, each time I call Lifelock I receive incredible service.

KSimo
April 20th, 2016

Lifelock is great, I work in a sensitive position and was informed my personal information had been compromised, but I've always had lifelock and nothing has transpired from that data breach effecting my person.

Mary
April 20th, 2016

I like knowing that I have extra protection against my accounts. I am notified immediately when I try to open other accounts which effect my identity.

Adonis
April 13th, 2016

They dont answer the phone ! 20 min hold times ! Called 3 times and same results ! Avoid

Jim Barbuzzi
April 13th, 2016

I was a member of Life Lock for a couple of years. My wife and I were paying our dues annually on her credit card. When I became unemployed we decided not to renew our membership so I called to cancel and they put me on hold listening to identity theft horror stories. When they finally answered the phone a very nice gentleman convinced me to renew my membership but just pay monthly rather than one large annual payment. I thought that would be the most sensible thing to do until one month later I noticed that they took the total annual payment out of my checking account without my consent. Now i'm wondering if I will need identity theft protection from Life Lock. Jim B

Grandma Fran
April 11th, 2016

I love the alerts. It just assures me that someone is always checking my financial activities. Recently I was advised of a criminal moving into my town. For someone with children this is so important.

Carole
April 11th, 2016

Excellent follow-up for account inquiries. Team members sincerely have protection of our personal interests as a #1 priority. However, Seniors should have a discount, and a further allowance for multiple family members included in the plan, when service rates are established each year.

Marlene
April 1st, 2016

had lifelock for 1 yr after having id stolen thru Anthem/BlueCross/Blue Shield in Jan of last yr. Cancelled my service after getting an e-mail that it would cost $220.00 for another yrs protection. Was given hard sell to try and keep me but was polite in telling the rep that I decided to go with my banks protection plan. I had 2 cases with lifelock were I was not notified of a large purchase until 3 days after it happened and another where my bank caught the fraud. After cancelling the next day I got 1000 scam e-mails (not joking) and 1 of my credit cards was charged with $600.00 in charges - just too coincidental after cancelling and the next day had this happen. Would not recommend this company.

Lisa Schulze
April 11th, 2016

I've had a breech and you guys don't know it.

caroline
April 11th, 2016

Since You Missed My Debit Card Being Hacked I'm Not Real Impressed. Cost Me About $400 Before The Bank Caught The Problem not thrilled at all. giving one star because I can't select zero

Jackie Nored
April 4th, 2016

My husband just applied for a credit card and immediately we rec'd text and email alerting us to the activity. AWESOME! It was a legitimate application but could have just as easily not been. It makes me appreciate the LifeLock service and know they are working for me!

Ralph Onstine
April 4th, 2016

I was impressed with how fast I received a text message from LifeLock that I had used my credit card when traveling

Ballwhacker
April 4th, 2016

I really don't worry about my identity with the credit cards I have, or someone opening up credit in my name anymore because Lifelock notified me when I opened up new credit myself to make sure it was me.

C T
April 4th, 2016

Very please overall, but I've have some concerns. My credit cards have been compromised the last couple months and I did not receive an alert from LifeLock.

Chris
April 4th, 2016

Another service before I joined LifeLock made me aware that I was a victim of identity theft. Lifelock stopped all future attacks and gave me time to deal with the ones that already occurred. What usually takes people years to recover from only took me a few months and I was still able to buy a new home. What usually ruins people's lives, LifeLock turned into a minor inconvenience.

Mike Smith
April 4th, 2016

I like the service LifeLock provides and the fact that they are proactive in their methods. I signed up myself and my wife after both of us had our personal information stolen from several merchants we frequented. Since then, LifeLock has alerted us on several occasions about potential threats. They also provide consistent and relevant monitoring status updates.

Patricia Bass
March 22nd, 2016

I was not certain I mattered in such a Hugh company until I received my first call from you. It was a Saturday morning I was relaxing getting ready to run some errands around town. You called to ask me if I had attempted to apply for a certain credit card on a certain date ? Thank god it was me that had attempted this action. That was how I began to truly realize you were really working for me and protecting my information on a daily basis. Thank you Life Lock

Clyde Branch
March 22nd, 2016

Lifelock is on top of everything to do with credit. They are incredibly efficient and QUICK to respond. Within seconds they respond to security system problems and THEN follow up with a call to confirm.

Don Jackson
March 22nd, 2016

There has been 1 security violation attempt since I signed up for Lifelock 8 months ago. It was an email hacker from UAE who tried to have my IRA account transferred to an unknown bank in NY. Lifelock picked up the attempted hack and notified me immediately. I was able to shut down the hacker, run my computer's anti-spyware, anti-virus, etc programs and all is well.

Jerry D Carney
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock has been a great product and avoided an account being opened in my name which was not valid. Extreme measures were taken to ensure this was not completed and I was contacted immediately.

Lewis A Miller
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock has contacted me when I have opened a retail store account to verify it is me that is is opening the account BEFORE it gets opened. So far have not yet had anyone try to steal my identity. Thank you LifeLock Lewis

Slingshot
March 22nd, 2016

LifeLock has worked to stop theft most of the time. I do have to admit though, that there was one thing that caused me grief that did not get handled very well. I had my credit card account changed to a new address and I did not make the change. LifeLock caught an address change, but had little to tell me on what I needed to do. It eventually was discovered that my card had been hacked. Luckily, I did catch it fairly quickly before too much was racked up.

Lakesha Gilbert
March 22nd, 2016

I'm not really satisfied They don't cover what I need to cover I have been a victim of identity theft and the representative said there was nothing they could do.

Hugh Cornett
March 22nd, 2016

When our credit card was used fraudulently, Lifelock was the first to notify us (we have other identity security services) and we were able to stop the charge.

Michael Webb
March 21st, 2016

Have been a member for a long time. When I called to ask about the billings I was receiving, the agent could not look up all the information. Each time there was a question, he had to put me on hold and make me wait for several minutes. All in all it took more than a half hour to remove my son from the account, and downgrade my membership from $150 to $99 per year. None of it could be done on the website, and the agent was slow and clumsy. This is not at all a great and responsive company. The copy above was obviously written by a marketing company, not someone who has to actually deal with them.