Costco Optical Logo

5.8

LAST UPDATED: December 22nd, 2022

Costco is a well-known brand across the United States and in many parts of the world. To add to its retail products, it has Optical centers in a number of its warehouses. Costco Optical is a full-service eye care and eyewear provider. It provides access to appointments with an eye doctor to identify prescriptions and a team of opticians to help customers find the perfect pair of prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, or contact lenses.

The Good

• Pricing
  • Prescription Eyeglasses
  • Designer Sunglasses
  • Contact Lenses
  • Eye Exams
  • Discounts
  • Variety of Top-Selling Lenses
  • Eye Care Products

Pricing

Costco Optical has become known for its pricing. Though complete pricing is not specifically listed online, the median cost of frames, lenses, and protective coatings is about $180. This is not by any means the lowest price on the market, but it is lower than a number of other eyeglass providers.

Prescription Eyeglasses

The Costco Optical department wants each customer to successfully find the perfect pair of glasses. The following recent features have been made available to better cater to the needs of Costco Optical customers:
Wider front — Frames are made with extra space between each of your temples.
Curved temples — To provide extra headroom to the wearer, a slight temple curve is provided to make sure that the glasses fit perfectly.
Narrow bridge — For those who need a little bit extra bridge support the narrow

Designer Sunglasses

If you are looking to purchase a pair of designer sunglasses but don't want to pay full price for them, Costco Optical sells a number of designer brands for lower prices than the original retailers. The following are some of the brands sold by Costco Optical:

• Kirkland Signature
  • Vera Bradley
  • Vera Wang
  • XOXO

Contact Lenses

Unlike many of its competitors, Costco Optical sells contact lenses in addition to its prescription eyeglasses and sunglasses. Contacts can be ordered online streamlining the purchasing process. The following brands are currently available for sale online:

• Acuvue
  • Purevision
  • Soflens
  • Ultra

Eye Exams

One of the challenges of purchasing eyeglasses online or from a retailer is the need to sit down with an ophthalmologist or optometrist and have an eye exam. Costco Optical has hired a number of optometrists to help with vision and eye health exams. This is a service that a number of online retailers are unable to provide. Exams take place at or near your local Costco warehouse. As part of this appointment, the optometrist will check your eyes for astigmatism as well as help identify your prescription. If you would like to schedule an appointment with an eye doctor, you can do so on Costco Optical's website.

Discounts

Costco provides good prices for those who purchase in bulk. In order to maintain this reputation, Costco Optical offers $30 off of a second pair of glasses purchased at the same time of your first purchase.

Variety of Top-selling Lenses

The eyeglass industry offers a number of different lens options to fit the needs of a wide variety of eyeglass wearers. Customers can work with an optician and/or an ophthalmologist to find the perfect lenses for their prescription and personal needs. Costco Optical has a number of different lenses available for sale. They include the following:

• HD Progressive Lenses — These lenses help provide high definition vision at any distance. They come with an anti-reflective treatment and are custom made for your prescription and frame selection.
  • Bifocal Lenses — With a separating line in the middle, bifocal lenses are made to help with both near and distance vision.
  • Single Vision Lenses — For those who only need lenses to correct one distance, the single vision lens are a great choice.
  • Polarized Lenses — The polarized lenses protect your eyes against glare and also block 100 percent of UV rays. For an additional cost, they can be made with a silver, gold, or blue mirror coating.
  • Transitions Photochromic Lenses — Transition lenses provide users with both prescription eyeglasses and prescription sunglasses. These lenses are perfectly clear while you are indoors and begin to darken immediately upon exposure to the sun. They also help protect against harmful blue light, reduce glare, eye fatigue and strain, and block 100 percent of UV rays. A specialty drivewear version of these transition lenses is also available helping reduce excess light and optimizing color contrast. They activate to a copper color which helps enhance color recognition and depth perception.
  • Blue Anti-Reflective Treatment — Blue light rays are known to disrupt the natural sleep cycle and in some cases damage the retina. The blue anti-reflective treatment helps reduce damage to the eye and allows beneficial blue light to pass through for increased clarity.
  • Anti-Reflective Treatment — The anti-reflective coating is used to sharpen visual performance, reduce eye fatigue and reflections at night, and decrease the amount of reflection that others can see on the surface of your lenses.
  • Multi-functional Lens — These lenses are similar to progressive lenses. The difference is that the intermediate reading area is much larger than it is in progressive lenses. This helps maintain a comfortable head posture while working at a computer and can help reduce eyestrain, tired eyes, and headaches.

Eye Care Products

In addition to prescription eyeglasses, sunglasses, and contact lenses, Costco Optical also sells the following eye care products:

• Lubricant eye drops
  • Lens cleaning tissues
  • Redness reliever eye drops
  • Multi-purpose solution
  • Multi-purpose disinfecting solution

The Bad

• Online Shopping
  • Scratched Lenses
  • Distortion in Lenses
  • Poor Quality Coatings
  • Long Wait
  • Customer Service
  • Must Have a Membership

Online Shopping

When you are looking for eyeglasses, one of the most important factors is being able to select frames that you like. Costco Optical does not provide a section on its website allowing customers to see all of its frames. If you would like to shop for frames, you will need to go to your local Costco warehouse. We hope that Costco Optical adds a frames inventory to its website soon.

Scratched Lenses

Recent Costco Optical reviews have mentioned frustration with lenses getting scratched easily. This has been attributed to cheap materials being used on the lenses. If you have been prone to scratching your glasses in the past, Costco Optical may not be a good idea for you.

Distortion in Lenses

Some customers have mentioned that their glasses have been distorted on the sides of the lenses. Some thought it might be due to an astigmatism, but the majority felt that the lenses were very poorly made, causing a number of problems. A number of these customers stopped using the glasses all together as they felt it was even more damaging to their eyes.

Poor Quality Coatings

The most common complaint found in Costco Optical reviews is that the coatings put on the glasses to protect from blue light, UV rays, etc. have begun peeling shortly after purchasing the glasses. Some have peeled from the sides, while others have begun peeling from random places in the middle of the lenses. This has made wearing the glasses very difficult and frustrating.

Long Wait

There have been a number of complaints about the wait time at Costco Optical centers. If you are planning to go to a physical location to get help from an optician with your glasses, plan to be there for a good amount of time. Some customers have waited for anywhere from 30 minutes to over an hour.

Costco Optical reviews have not been very positive when discussing customer service. Not only have customers waited for long periods of time, but they have felt that the customer service representatives have not been very helpful. Customers who have returned glasses or tried to discuss issues with recently purchased glasses have not been pleased with the efforts made to solve the problems.

Must Have a Membership

In order to purchase eyeglasses from Costco optical, you have to have a Costco membership. If you do not have a membership and do not want to purchase one, you will need to look elsewhere for your eyeglasses.

The Bottom Line

If you shop at Costco, this is a great way to kill two birds with one stone. If you do not currently have an eye doctor and need to find out what your prescription is, you can do this after purchasing your groceries. If you are on a tight budget, it may be beneficial to look at a couple other companies to see if you can find a price that is better for you. If you are worried that you will damage your glasses easily, you also might want to look for a company that provides quality protection coatings.

4.0

Lyle Granzow Urbandale, IA

Not sure what the deal is but in 40+ years of wearing glasses I have never been so satisfied. My wife told me to go check out Costco after I realized the glasses I wanted and would normally have purchased were $750. I have always purchased whatever glasses I wanted at the nicest shops in town regardless of price, but for some reason I had an open mind for a few minutes and went to Costco. Total charges were under $200. I love these glasses and maybe time will prove me wrong, but I think I will always buy glasses at Costco from now on.

AliceNYC New York, NY

I had a great experience with Costco Optical! I had just received a less-than-ideal pair of eyeglasses from another well-known, pricey company. I took my new prescription to Costco Optical on a friend’s recommendation, after checking out the reviews online. The eyeglasses I got at Costco were perfect in every way. My lenses are progressive, and they are perfect—no sharp lines of demarcation or blurriness. As with any good optical dispensary, if you were to experience any problems with fit or vision, they will work with you to fix it. I had never been in a Costco, but I purchased a membership (necessary to get eyeglasses at Costco Optical and well worth it, as the total cost for these glasses was far less than half the price I paid recently at another well-known company). Also, I took in frames that I had purchased elsewhere. There was a very small charge for doing so (I believe it was $28). Again, the total price of my eyeglasses, including Costco membership, was FAR less than the price of other optical dispensaries. I recommend checking out at Costco Optical for your eyeglasses or contact lenses.

Donella Elsen Salem, WI

I had a problem with my eyeglass prescription (no fault of Costco Optical). I was assisted by Chris H, Optical Mgr., & Janet M, Certified Optician. Chris listened to my concern and reviewed my prescription and my lenses. As I was driving back to the store, my eye doctor called and spoke with Janet; she called me immediately and informed me that the lenses were already ordered. They arrived in a very timely fashion and were replaced at no cost. I am a very satisfied customer and will continue to shop there.

Karen Hickey Hillsboro, OR

I am so excited to get my new prescription at Costco. The service was excellent. I picked up my new glasses yesterday. I bought two pairs of prescription glasses one being sunglasses. I've been wearing glasses for over twenty years. I've never had prescription sunglasses. I'm thrilled. I will never buy glasses from my optometrist again way too expensive and poor quality. The entire Costco prescription glasses experience was perfect, to say the least. The turn around time for two pairs was less then two weeks. I paid over 500.00 at my optometrist for just lenses. At Costco I bought two complete pairs of prescription glasses for under 400.00. lesson learned.

Gina Gunn Dayton, OH

Spend the extra money to use a quality optical shop. Costco is NOT a quality optical shop at ALL! I bought 4 pairs and each pair had a defect! The new manager Rebecca wanted to argue that she couldn’t see the bubbles in my UV coating! After an hour of her rudeness, she finally agreed to make another pair! My ophthalmologist was appalled at the fact that my lenses were not only the cheapest quality but truly inconsistent from one pair to another on visual acuity. I was glad to hear it wasn’t just me! Totally not worth the next pair of cheap glasses coming my way! COMPLETE JUNK!!! I will gladly spend more for quality lens and frames! Who has the time to take a number, wait an hour only to be treated rudely!!??!! Then to receive junk! Not my bag! Goodby Costco Optical!! I’ve heard so many customers at Costco complain that a month or two later their glasses became a problem! Bargain shopping glasses isn’t worth the headache! Huge waste of my precious time! Screw Costco Optical!!!! Worth the slight increase in my investment not to deal with these folks ever again!

June Barnard Ottawa, ON

Fast prompt service bought my eyeglasses at Costco Ottawa ontario. Bought on Wednesday night was ready for pickup on Tuesday morning. Very impressed. Enjoying my new glasses.

Sally Madsen Aurora, CO

I have never had an issue with the glasses I have gotten from Costco but today I had the worst customer service experience ever. When I got there there was one other customer sitting at the end of the counter. Both employees present were working on repairing a frame which I assumed was for her. Later I discovered it was for someone who wasn't even there, and eventually there were 5 of us waiting while the 2 of them worked on the frame. They did finally call someone else to help, and during my interaction with her (after I'd been waiting 30 mins) I learned that my glasses had been at the store a week ago and the reason I wasn't notified is that the person who helped me on order day said I wanted to be notified by email but there is no email in the file. And she assured me that day that I would be notified by text. Not only that, I called the store 3 days ago and asked about the status and was told they were not there, when they actually were. Had I known they were there earlier I would not have been caught up in that mess today. I wish I could give a separate rating for product vs customer service but I'll average it out to a 3. Product would be 5 but the customer service was really bad this time around.

Knock Knockleby Ottawa, ON

I just had the most amazing support from Dr. Philip B at the Kingston Ontario store. I had a piece of tree pollen in my eye that required a referral to see a specialist. Dr B and his wife worked until 10 in the evening and again the next day until noon to insure that his referral made it to my specialist located in Trenton. Without their persistence I would have suffered another extremely uncomfortable day. In addition, they called the next day to check on my progress. Amazing and my highest possible recommendation to all. Thanks D. M. Knockleby, CD.

david duke Oakhurst, CA

I was in need of glasses. I decided to go to Costco for my exam and glasses. What a good decision. I was so fortunate to have Peter in the optical department Woodstock, Ga. help me. I was unsure what i wanted in the way of lenses and sunglasses. Peter took a great deal of time to assist me and assured me the sale was not final unless I was satisfied. I am completely satisfied! A great product at a good price. Thank you, Peter!

Kelli Salt Lake City, UT

I have needed my glasses tightened up for a long time. The company I bought them from did near to nothing for a year now until they completely fell apart at Costco. I went to their ophthalmology department and asked if they could fix a screw. They ended up replacing many warped screws and taking the time to hand me back what felt like brand new glasses. I'm sold, I'll only get my next pair of glasses from Costco. Also, when you bring back your empty bottle of glass cleaner, they give you a new bottle for free. So impressed.

timothy johnston

Found out too late that Costco lens are crap On a £300 lens after careful use they are scratched and the coating is breaking up after just over a year. I bought a pair from Asda three years ago for £45 and there’s not a mark on them Staff weren’t interested

Surf Montauk North Hollywood, CA

Always a positive experience at Costco Optical: friendly, knowledgeable professionals help every time!High quality glasses too, of course!

Linda Honig Omaha, NE

I ordered contacts for the first time at Costco and now I know it is not a pleasant experience. First set one eye was imputed to their system incorrectly. So, after 10 days of waiting for my contacts the came in wrong due to input by the optical dept. I returned the wrong set and was told the left eye lenses would be delivered in a few days. Then, I received the left set and it did not match the prescription. I left a message to get a call but, they never called. I waited no return call. The optical dept. never advised me that they talked to my Dr. and changed the prescription. I was looking for the original prescription. They didn’t match. I drove over to Costco to see everyone standing around. I never got my return call. I wasted my time going over to Costco optical. If they would have returned my call this might have been a better experience.

Heidi Central Point, OR

Dr. B has been my eye Dr for over 20yrs. My kiddos have see him too, he’s great w/kids. We’ve also seen Dr Angela B a few times, she is equally AMAZING!! Highly recommend both Drs. You won’t be disappointed with either. 😃

JimS. Palm Springs, CA

Costco is the only place I will ever buy my eyeglasses. Did you know that most vision insurance plans, the reason they steer you to their “in network” providers, is because the vision insurance also owns the optical store chain? The optical store is obscenely overpriced, which is why your glasses come out so expensive even though you think you’re saving money staying “in network”. It’s a total scam. Costco has a great selection of frames in all price ranges, including Costco-brand frames and designer frames. The only difference is the hugely lower cost. “Ah”, you say, “but they’re not in my provider network”. Who cares? Buy your frames and glasses totally out of pocket, submit to your vision plan as an “out of network” claim. You won’t get the same allowance, but you don’t need to. The cost can be as much as 50% lower and your net cost out-of-pocket after your claim is reimbursed will still be WAY lower. And they even DO accept some insurance plans. Don’t get suckered by your vision plan. There’s a reason they send you to the providers they do— they OWN them!

Totally satisfied Indianapolis, IN

I recently purchased a pair of glasses at Costco in fishers. I spoke to a young lady at the desk and was told the exam would be $49 and my progressive, transision, no glare, scratch resistant everything you can get lenses would be a mere $160. I chose my frames that were only $60. They even had semi-frameless titanium for $60. All included an unbelievably low price of $270 with no insurance involved and no tax. That's less than I paid in the 80's. Last pair I purchased a year ago was $600+ and I was never really satisfied. The exam was very thorough and Doc. Jennings was wonderful. Very nice and knowledgeable. It took only 4 days to receive my glasses and they are the best I have ever had. The 2 lady's I talked to during my 2 visits were very sober and not very personable at all. Not mean but not pleasant. Spoke only when required. Other than that a great experience. I will go back as long as Costco offers this service.

Kimberly LeBaron Delta, UT

I use Costco Optical to check my lense persceiption and purchase contacts and glasses. I am really happy with my experience there. It’s nice to be able to combine a shopping trip with an optical appointment all in one place. I have been to Costco Optical in many different locations and all the staff have been very professional, helpful, and polite. My appointments were fast and stress free. The have several different contact brands and will recommend the best one for you. And I love their selection of glasses. I got a very cute, trendy pair for $50. But there are all kinds and shapes. Coscto Optical is awesome.

LA Lakeside, CA

This is about my first experience of NOT getting an eye exam at the Santee Costco location - not the purchasing of glasses. It is hard to get time off of work so I scheduled the first appointment of the day, 10am. I arrived on time and waited until 10:25am. From 10:05 until I left the office, his assistant kept telling me he would be out in a couple minutes. He never came out and by 10:25 I knew I no longer had time for the exam and get back to work on time, I had to leave. I lost time from work, didn't get an eye exam, and left feeling like the office doesn't care about the customer/patient nor have respect for our time and what it takes for some of us to get to an appointment. Having purchased glasses before - a good experience, I find myself very disappointed with the exam portion of the process. Not Amazing!

The Mickster Winter Springs, FL

I should have gone to an optometrist that actually took his time with his patients. I have been a Costco member since 1987 in the Orlando FL area. I never used their optical service and in retrospect, I never should have. Truth be told I haven't been in for an eye exam for several years. I knew things would be different, but I felt like I was being timed by the doctor so he could get to his next appointment. . He knew what I needed, blah, blah, blah, and got me out of his chair in less than 15-20 min. I thought ok, we'll see. When the glasses arrived I put them on only to see almost double vision. "Oh, we will remake the lenses for free but you need to go back to the Dr. and make an appointment." Another 10 days! I went to the service desk only to find out they can't process a return - Only optical. I go there and the person tells me they are custom made and can't be returned. I wanted to speak to the manager and she is on lunch break so I get her card and she calls me. when I get back home. Told her I was very dissatisfied with the entire experience and want a complete refund. Waiting to see if that becomes a reality. Dr. has his money, and so does Costco and I have 2 pr. of glasses I can't see out of. I can't speak about the quality of their optical products but in my experience, if you want a comprehensive eye exam find someone that doesn't work out of a big box warehouse store.

RONALD WHITE Phoenix, AZ

Costco Optical has a great selection of frames and at a very good price. Getting my eyes checked with the optical physician in a very convenient way which took all of 25-30 minutes and then getting the prescription to step out of that office into Costco's frame department. All told, one hour of my time and less than $300, my glasses were ordered and now I wait for there arrival. A very pleasant and easy experience. Thank you Costco. Again.

Anita Cleveland, OH

This was my second purchase at Costco Optical, and as usual, if was a great buying experience. I got two pairs of glasses, both designer frames, and they were only $60 each. I got the Transitions lenses in one pair and the Transitions Drivewear in the other pair. I got them in less than a week. I get lots of compliments on my glasses and I paid a fraction of what I would have paid at Lenscrafters. I used to pay 6-700 dollars there for one pair. I got two pairs for under 400.00. Can't beat that.

Gina Donofrio

Quick, accurate exams with a wide array of affordable frames from which to choose. Delivery was a little long, but well worth the wait.

Pamela Johnson Alexander City, AL

Their requirement that each person has to have a membership is ridiculous. I am on my daughters card and when my husband and I went to get exam and glasses, they said we couldn’t buy his because he wasn’t on the membership. Yet I could have went and bought him the most expensive item in the store and it would have been ok. What about a minor child, do they require them to have a membership? It’s just a scam to make you spend more money.

Dcn. George Elandary Wylie, TX

While trying my new prescription glass, they made a weird sound. Shawn said that there was nothing wrong with them. The manager I believe gave me a strange look and instructed another employee to inspect the new pair of glasses. The girl told me that there is a space between the Frame and lens and will do them again. A week later I went to pick the new pair up and I could see a big time colored glare and a sharp line on both sides at the edges of the lenses. Of course the same guy, his supervisor and the assistant General manager of the store said that they cannot satisfy me as a customer and told me that I cannot buy glasses from Costco anymore.

Debbie Dallas, TX

I went to Costco for a pair of glasses. When they came back, I could not see distance well. They told me they were fine and maybe my prescription was wrong. I went back to the eye doctor, who refracted me again, and told me the prescription was correct. My eye doctor charged $50 because she said this is a recurring problem at Costco, LensCrafters and others. They the eye doctor manually checked the prescription in the new glasses and it did not match what she wrote. I went back to Costco and told them this. They said they never make "exact" prescriptions, as most people do not notice. They are redoing them as ANSI intolerant so that they need to make my prescription exact. It should be exact for everyone! That's why we take time to go to the eye doctor. I am waiting on mine to be returned to me, so I don't know the results yet. Here is what is ordered Right: +2.50. -1.75. 110 Here is what how they made lenses +3.00. -2.00 098 Left prescribed. +1.25. -0.75. 089 Here is what they made +1.75. -1.00. 079 Is this crazy!! My eye doctor told me it's common and she especially feels bad for children who cannot express the problem. I am hoping these will be correct, but if not, will go to my eye doctor's office. She told me costco best lenses are her lowest quality lenses. Next time I will not use Costco. Anyway, hoping they work out this time.

marta Toronto, ON

My optometrist was on time and my eye exam went smoothly. The problem started when I went to see an optician to change lenses in my glasses. Do you know that if your glasses are over 2 years old the plastic dries up and you have to buy new frames? I do not believe a word of it and will try to change my lenses somewhere else. Who spends money every 2 years to buy new frames? This is how they try to squeeze more money from you.

carrie peters Owosso, MI

Had my lenses replaced related to horrible scratching in 4 months. They reluctantly replaced them. I’ve had the new lenses for 2 weeks and they are scratching again already. I attempted to not have them put the new anti blue light coating on them as I felt this was the reason!! They said they couldn’t because that wasn’t the original prescription . I’ve had glasses for 12 years never have I experienced this scratching before. They insist it’s the way I’m cleaning them even though I’m cleaning them as I always have lens cloth and spray. I’ve cleaned them as they told me now dish soap and cotton cloth yet still scratching. I have glasses from other places that are 3 years old with no scratching on them. I feel their new anti blue coating is causing the issue!!! Want new lenses with out the coating but will have to pay for them. Really disappointed will not ever use them again.

Dennis Doyle Kerrville, TX

You have to wait in line. But my only real gripe is cleaning the lenses. They tell you soap and water. Well that doesn’t work well. Always leaving some kind of film and get dirty so fast. So much of a pain constantly cleaning unlike other lenses from other companies, very easy to clean with just a cloth they give you. Not happy and the same with my wife!!

Chad Edgar Wentzville, MO

Has very nice glasses and do very good job keeping a distance but doing a good job doing their job without making you feel uncomfortable they're very considerate glad I got my first pair of glasses from them amazing feeling

Nancy Levitt Palm Desert, CA

I have gone to Costco optical for many years. I have found my prescription glasses to be fairly priced. My reason for this review are some of the employees specifically at the Palm Desert and Van Nuys optical. I think the employees may need more breaks. Frequently, they are stalling to take the next # in the queue. They "paper shuffle". Opening and closing notebooks, organizing paper clips, picking up the same paper and moving it to another place and then putting it back. It's strange. I was just there to adjust my glasses and one employee was working so hard and her colleague was not doing anything.

Michelle Crane Glendale, AZ

I had to go into COSTCO for an eye exam and I had a great experience. The wait was not too long, and they even were able to get me advice about LASIK. The doctor explained everything very well to me and even helped me to find the contacts that would work for my situation. I would highly recommend.

Luke Swierczynski Troy, MI

I don't think there is a more reasonably priced optical place out there. They have a great selection of eyeglasses and the in house eye exam is very convenient since you can do it right before you do your weekly shopping trip!

Marty Blessing Fort Wayne, IN

Both my wife and I have gotten multi-focal no line glasses from them. The glasses have been OK and I haven't had problems with the anti-reflective coating. However, customer service is a weak point. When I went to get my glasses, they pulled a pair of womens glasses out of the numbered boxes and started to try to put them on me. My glasses were mis-filed somewhere and it took a while to find them. In my wife's case, the 2 week delivery turned into over a month. Costco didn't contact us when the glasses came in, so she finally called and they had been sitting there awhile. Being a membership store, they have plenty of contact information for us. The clerk blamed it on their automated notification system, which they said "doesn't work very well" . The staff is apparently too overworked to make any calls or send a text or email, despite knowing the automated system isn't working.

John Penrose Alexandria, VA

The fern street crystal city costco in northern virginia is a very busy place. I never shop at that costco, too busy all the way around. This is the first time i have purchased prescription eyewear outside of my ODs office and in-office optician. Well the service at costco is very lack luster. All mechanical, get them in and get them out. “Who is next”, kinda place. I placed my order june 22. I was curious why i hadn’t heard back from them and while at another, less busy costco with an optical dept., i asked if they could check my order. She said, my order was only placed on July 1….i said it was placed on the 22nd. Oh, they forgot to fill out the paperwork and it was returned . Well, they never called me to say there was going to be a delay. I call them today, 7/8/2021 and they happened to have just arrived they said, so i picked them up. They just handed them to me and expected me to walk away. There was no trying them on. There was no looking at my fit to see how I could see through them. I don’t even think these people behind the counter are opticians because they sure as hell don’t act like it. I don’t like these “progressive” reading lenses. That is right, progressive reading glasses. I don’t think the fit is adjusted to my sight. I feel sick looking through these. I wear regular varilux progressives, but never even heard of these. I am going to go back to another costco and see if they can adjust these. If not, i might see about a refund, if they don’t give me a refund, $95 is a good lesson for going to a discount eye care place like Costco. I will pay more, but the service where I usually go and eye care are worth it.

Joseph from Virginia Miami, FL

Great quality for the money and they make it easy to make a selection because they combine packages like tinting or transition etc. Just make sure that when you grab a number, you don’t wander away to shop because you have to be right there at the optical department when they call your number for service.

Phalda Morris Jacksonville, FL

I have ordered glasses from Costco Optical twice now and both times I have been very satisfied. They have so many styles to choose from and they take most insurances policies. I would certainly suggest using Costco Optical to anyone looking for new glasses or contacts.

Valerie Peterson Herriman, UT

I started purchasing contact lenses through Costco several years ago. The optical portion of their website is easy to navigate and uploading my prescription was quick and easy. They have many brands and options to choose from and I love the convenience of ordering from home. It usually takes less than a week to receive the lenses in the mailbox. Costco customer service is awesome as well and return or issues are easy to deal with.

roberto arcia Columbia, MO

I have ordered various different frames from my local Costco Optical. They are amazing when it comes to accepting various vision insurances. It helps that even without insurance, their glasses can be insanely cheap! For all of my frames, the turnaround rate to receive them was only about a month-the whole process is quick and easy. I will continue to order different frames through them as they are such a great option,

Emily H West Wendover, NV

Staff was very friendly and helpful in helping me get my first pair of glasses. I was a little nervous trying to find frames that I thought suited me well, but was reassured by the kind staff member helping me choose frames. They are always willing to adjust my glasses and sunglasses for free, and clean the lens. I am very happy with my experience.

Cindy H Gilbert, AZ

I have bought contacts and glasses for myself and my daughters from Costco Optical. They have good selection and value. I can't say that i am a fan of all their restrictions during Covid but at least it was available when my college student needed an update on her glasses. The contacts and glasses usually come in about a week...a little longer for the glasses.

Keron Grey Tallahassee, FL

Costco is amazinggggg, I love how big it is and the fact that I can buy things in bulk and still save money, while get the option to get eye care is so wild to me. The quality of my glasses and the customer service was great. The doctor and staff of the vision center were a pleasure to work with. I’m satisfied with my decision to use Costco Optical for eye care. I LOVE IT.

Teresa Oakville, ON

This afternoon we came to Costco to buy a glasses for my son, but one of their staff, “a lady”, is very bossy to tell my 16 years old son which one he should or shouldn’t to choose, that is ridiculous! You can suggest us which one is the best but you don’t have right to control us to choose, especially my son!! We do have right to make our own decisions! Not you!

Michael Hegeman Piscataway, NJ

All they care about is to get you in and out they do not do a thorough job and they don t do eye eye dilation. I asked for a note because i have a eye astigmatism so i could get glass tint. They said were sun glasses. Were rude

Aunt Judy Marietta, GA

Note that Costco offers no warranty on glasses. I spent $200 for prescription sunglasses that broke in 10 months. They could not be repaired and my only option was to purchase the same frame again and reuse the lenses. But (1) they didn’t have the frame and (2) why would I buy the same poor quality frame again? I won’t buy glasses at Costco again.

Marla Behm Indio, CA

Went to have my eye exam at Costco in La Quinta, Ca. The Dr. became very frustrated as he could not get my vision right, he was trying to go off of my present prescription, I could not see clearly or read pretty much of what he was trying. Finally, he says , here’s, what I’m going to do, I’m adding this, changing this, etc, I have 10 people waiting and I can’t find anything you see, here’s your new prescription, I think it may work, and out the door he went, without showing me what my vision would be, with what he just drew up!!!! So I will not purchase any glasses, as I have no idea if prescription is right or not. He had people waiting!!!!! He wouldn’t have if I was able to see with what he was attempting to do

Ron B. Burlingame, CA

I have now bought two pairs of prescription sunglasses at Costco. They are OK at first but the coatings they put on for UV protection gets an "orange peel" finish on the surface in any kind of heat. It is impossible to wipe or polish them and they become worthless. I have several other pair of sunglasses that are older and they have never had any distortion issues from heat....Someone mentioned they apply all the "coatings" in one process unlike in the past and that is when problems starting to occur. I was just in Las Vegas and the outside temp got up to 120 degrees. My sunglasses started to become unwearable as the lenses distorted.

Barbara the Barbarian Elkridge, MD

I recently purchased two pairs of glasses. One pair had progressive lenses and work fine. The optician sold me on the “multifunction lenses” version with a blue coating for screen use for my second pair, which were less expensive. I thought the only difference was the coating because the optician failed to explain the difference in the lens itself as compared to the progressive lenses. He merely pointed to a laminated graphic of a computer screen. When I received the second pair, I was only able to focus by looking through the very bottom of the lenses. That made the image very blurry for reading, watching tv, walking around, and driving. So, Costco’s ”multifunction lenses” are only good for screen use while looking sharply downwards. I had to take them back for replacement with progressive lenses, for an additional $60.

Not seeing so clearly now Marshall, WI

This was a second glass purchase from Costco last summer. Had the blue light coating put on this time as well as bifocal for reading. Recently noticed a “scratch” on the inside right lens. Stopped at the optical department today to see if there was anything that could be done to fix this issue. Was somewhat rudely today that A. Costco does not guarantee their glasses B. I could order a new lens for $129 C. Maybe I could take it to a regular optician and see if they could fix it Needless to say this will be my last eyeglass purchase at Costco. I will use a different provider in the future!

Estelle Stevens Lehi, UT

I have used Costco Optical and thought it was very good. The doctors there helped me fine glasses and contacts that worked for me. There tests gave me a prescription that was great. I definitely recommend and will be coming back!

Pedro Vasquez Holdings LLC Bloomfield, CT

Walked into Costco for a relative and got taken care of quick!