CreditAssociates

8.0

CreditAssociates is a debt relief company that specializes in settling credit card debt. According to the company’s website, it has helped thousands of customers settle millions of dollars worth of debt. The company says the length of its debt settlement program depends on each client's financial situation, but that it can help most customers become debt-free in 24 to 36 months.

CreditAssociates offers only debt settlement, not other debt relief services such as debt consolidation or debt management plans. CreditAssociates customers set up a special savings account, where the customer makes monthly deposits. Eventually, once the account has enough money, the debt settlement company negotiates with each creditor to lower the client's debt amount.

Because CreditAssociates only offers debt settlement, it can only help with unsecured debts such as credit card debt and personal loans; the debt settlement company can’t help with secured debt like a mortgage, auto loan, or home equity loan.

The Good

• Free Consultations
  • Online Account Access
  • Accreditations
  • Performance-Based Fees

Free Consultations

CreditAssociates offers free consultations to help potential clients decide whether its debt settlement services are right for them.

Online Account Access

CreditAssociates customers can access their accounts online, giving them 24/7 access to information and resources.

Accreditations

CreditAssociates boasts accreditations from the American Fair Credit Council and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators, two important organizations in the debt relief industry.

Performance-Based Fees

CreditAssociates doesn't charge clients any upfront fees. The company only charges a performance-based fee after it has negotiated, and the client has accepted, a settlement offer with one of the customer's creditors.

The Bad

• State Availability
  • Limited Pricing Information
  • Must Demonstrate Financial Hardship

State Availability

CreditAssociates offers its debt settlement services in 42 states.

Limited Pricing Information

According to the CreditAssociates website, the company doesn’t charge any upfront fees; it only charges a flat performance-based fee after the customer accepts and funds a settlement offer. However, CreditAssociates doesn’t detail how much that fee is.

Must Demonstrate Financial Hardship

CreditAssociates customers must demonstrate financial hardship in order to use the company’s services. The company doesn’t provide details about this process on its website, except to say that customers must substantiate and prove their financial hardship.

The Bottom Line

CreditAssociates provides debt relief to customers struggling with unsecured debt. The debt settlement company helps clients through debt negotiation over an average period of 24 to 36 months, only charging customers a flat performance-based fee after their debt has been settled.

The company has several important accreditations, including from the American Fair Credit Council and the International Association of Professional Debt Arbitrators. Additionally, the company offers 24/7 access to its online system, where customers can access helpful resources.

Although it doesn't offer details about its pricing on its website, potential customers can learn more through CreditAssociates' free consultations. If you're looking for debt relief and you live in one of the states where CreditAssociates is available, the company is worth looking into.

View Best Debt Relief Companies

Sally Riglos Wailuku, HI

Very slow to settle my accounts only 1 account was settled in a year?I even add my deposit every month and was thinking that faster, but the same

Albert Wise Rocky Mount, NC

Keeping in contact on progress of account

Tom Walker North Tonawanda, NY

Excellent customer care, all ways able to give update on you account.

Vera Fabius, NY

Good company and secure. I trust they negotiate the best resolve with all my creditors. I received a call to call back which I did and as they were busy a return call was to come but did not. I wish I had better contact but I’m busy with granddaughter also so if calls are missed a voicing be left

Bryan Eyman Indianapolis, IN

Overall a positive experience. It would be better if there was more one on one contact.

Candace Yeager Sacramento, CA

very helpful on the phone when I need to call them.

Dennis DeSario Wappingers Falls, NY

They are right on things, get things done, try hard to make things go as smooth as possible, which is a plus, ease my mind, take a load off my shoulders.

Panayiotis Atzemis Schenectady, NY

Very good job with my credit they do an excellent job.

Lois Garcia Sheboygan, WI

For being prompt answering my questions and helping

Katrina Schenectady, NY

All great. Always helpful with any questions I have

Denise Moriarity Racine, WI

Great. No. Problems with anything and completed in a very short time

Sonia Roca Naples, FL

Appreciate all the help rendered on credit situations.

Pamela Qualis Kissimmee, FL

I feel 3 about the progress in settlements with my creditors.

Mike Palermo Clermont, FL

I was talked into a plan to eliminate my debt, I do not feel they have been working to perform the way that they had promised. They have only eliminated small amounts of debt from my account. Now they are calling and asking me to up my monthly payments because they have reached a settlement with one of my creditors. Now I feel like I am being scammed. I am not seeing results and I will be filing a complaint.

Cecil prince Heber Springs, AR

Can no longer access my account. Customer ID and password no longer work. This has been a continual problem with the web site

Reply from CreditAssociates

Hi Cecil - Thanks for taking the time to reach out please feel welcome to give us a call Our success depends on your success so if ever you need anything, we are here for you.

Melissa

They have been easy to work with and very professional.

Hector Cerda

Very professional staff eager to help and answering all questions and doubts promptly and properly

Patricia Morris Avant

One incident changed my whole opinion of this company. Some things should be explained better.

Peggy Miller

Good. They are available to talk when I need them

Randy Trierweiler

Very professional and helpful. I've been with them a year and a half so far.

Saul Saltares

It's been easy but could use some more updates and communication

Alesia Wittig

After making a settlement with the 1st creditor, ADDITIONAL Monthly money was asked to settle other creditors and YOUR FEES ARE TOO HIGHT

Hi Alesia - Thank you for the feedback

Feb. 4th, 2021

No follow up or status. Credit score became worse after using them

Reply from CreditAssociates

Hi Thank you for the feedback

Milton mallory

I am very pleased with the services I receive.they are very punctual when questions arise on my account.I'm very happy to have them .

Velma McDaniel

They are good and professional also credit associates help clean up your credit very quickly and that gives you peace of mind

Margaret Ballinger

So far they have done a great job hope it continues to the end

Marie Renee Lambert

Very good because of that my score getting better

Mary L Richardson

When I didn't know which way to turn, CA was there with a confidence that it could be worked out. Being a fairly new widow, I was dealing with pain and confusion, I think they sensed it and were professional, kind

Simone Seib-Horn

It's been a pretty good experience so far. I just don't know what's going on with my last two loans.

Edwin Vives

Great!! so far.Very professional staff,they save your money

Omar Sahir

very good at negotiating. I can not wait to be debt free

Tammy

They provide great customer service and are always friendly when I call and have a question.

Trevor

It's been as good as I hoped for. The communication and service are outstanding.

Darwin

That have been great, they have answered all my questions. Even when I have called back with questions they were patient and Courteous

Tamara Thomas

Great, excellent customer service, and very helpful!!

Peggy Jones

They are very professional and experts at navigating you through what is necessary to help you with you credit issues.

Anonyous

Credit associations has been great and good quality customer service

Mel S.

Not to easy to talk to, seem to be unable to deal with immediate questions and last work they did was because I called them repeatedly until they finally made agreement! Still have a few to go, will follow up at the end of this lengthy process! Will follow up when we are done.

Reply from CreditAssociates

Hi Mel - Thanks for reaching out. Keep in mind that the duration of the program is entirely up to you and what you are comfortable spending monthly. If you would like to expedite your program at any time, you are welcome and encouraged to do so. We want you to complete the program as fast as you are able so please, give us a call and we can discuss a more rapid process.

Stacie Torres

Good so far! I've been with the program for over a year now. My only concern is they need to communicate more with their clients. I'm always calling to ask/find out information. It would like to great a summary at least once a month.

Barbara wood

Very helpful and always going above and anytime I call they are patient and very helpful

Mark

good communication since my initial inquiry.

Willie brown

Very mature and to the point, when we talk I everthing is clear and by the end of the conversation I know what to exspect and look forward for another account to be handle with the proper care from that I can appreciate their knowledge because I know iam getting one step closer to change my life and be back on track with good standards to live better without the fear of a high paying account .

Michele Thomas

So far doing good. Y creditors have not been calling anymore. I suggest that if you can pay extra to do it and get your settlements out of the way. Put extra cash down whenever you can. They do what they promise and they will settle your debts.

Melanie

They are slow to get accounts into the program

Reply from CreditAssociates

Hi Melanie - Thanks for reaching out. Keep in mind that the duration of the program is entirely up to you and what you are comfortable spending monthly. If you would like to expedite your program at any time, you are welcome and encouraged to do so. We want you to complete the program as fast as you are able so please, give us a call and we can discuss a more rapid process.

Dorothy Mitin

Very informative & professional especially starting out when I talked wth Ava

Sheri Ramsey

Pleasant and helpful. Reduced my debt in half.

Russell Carey

My credit rating wasn't exactly great(600+] but by the time your company started dealing with my creditors my score dropped to just above 500. Thanks

Hi Russell - Thank you for the feedback

Carolyn

I can see my credit score rising every month. This has been a Godsend for me.

Rupert Victor Conlin

Great service,helpful .they really helped a lot

Josefina Perez

They have been with my every step of of the way. They have answered every question question have and when I I ever I call they answer right back. They awesome. And all always on on call