GoFundMe

Maya Ollson Blairstown, NJ

GoFundMe is pretty easy to navigate and when you do encounter a problem their agents are not only knowledgeable but bring a very positive/inspiring attitude.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thanks for the kind words about our Customer Happiness Team and our platform, Maya! Our Agents are always ready to help with all aspects of the GoFundMe experience.

Apr. 23rd, 2018

Pixie.D.Bernier

The team is very warm and supportive, so far I have had a few dealings, mainly with Meg.G, and they have been kind and helpful with their advice.

Tamela Jean Arnold Michigan Center, MI

I had a little trouble starting the go fund me account. Wasn't sure what title to put it under, then decided on other. Other than that is was fairly sim[le to start.

Stand Skeleton Somerset, PA

Chance here to say GoFundMe has become one hundred percent improved in the space for real support. They have no competition from where I am. ??

Janice Jackson Florissant, MO

My experience with GoFundMe has been fine the only problem is I wish I could talk to a live person by phone instead of by email.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, Janice! Our Customer Happiness Team helps thousands of people each day, and while we don't currently have phone support, we're happy to promptly reply over email.

Apr. 6th, 2018

Anne Giordano Ridgefield, CT

Every time I’ve had a question, the Go Fund Me team responded promptly and thoroughly and always conveyed a positive, friendly attitude.

Reply from GoFundMe

You pretty much described the top three goals of our Customer Happiness Team, Anne. We're very happy to see they were able to deliver all three to you.

Jody

I deleted my account by accident and sent an e mail to support. I had a response and resolution 6 minutes later! Wow!!!! Very impressed!!!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad you had a positive experience with our Customer Happiness Team, Jody! We pride ourselves on being the fastest team in the business to respond while still responding with a high-quality answer.

Gary

Made a donation using my credit card to help Irma victims. Very next morning I was informed of the fraudulent use of my credit card that I had given to GoFundMe, to buy $243 of food from Panda express located only 4.1 miles from the GoFundMe offices. Coincidence possibly but I think they have a dishonest employee and I will not be taken in again.

Kelly

Only really useful if one is a social media butterfly, otherwise those who are not are SOL. Kind of sad that people can raise money to pay for their unicorn's pet bill but those who are taking care of two dying parents, trying to pay over 200k in student loans, all while on disability and raising a young child cannot get any assistance from gofundme type of companies. Don't bother responding.

Tarek

I have never seen a business or organization with no phone number to call. The email response is so generic and I can't reach anyone to help. I'm raising a charity for an orphanage and we did so well in one day, they ended up closing my account, refunding all the donations we raised with no valid reason, investigation or even responding to my emails Worst company ever!!!!!

Reply from GoFundMe

Hello Mr. Elshaarawi, I can confirm that our Trust and Safety team has been working in conjunction with our payment partner to understand why these actions were taken on the donations you raised. I do see that you have two separate campaigns on GoFundMe, one that is raising funds that will be sent directly to a charity, and then another that you set up that was a personal fundraiser. I can assure you that donations to your charity campaign have not been affected here - I have asked our Trust and Safety team to follow up with you to clarify how we can best continue with the second personal campaign you set up should you wish to raise funds on two separate campaigns. All the best, Rudolph

Mar. 6th, 2018

almontecindy Foster City, CA

GoFundMe is a scam. We're a PTA, I'm the treasurer, and we have a simple campaign. They're happy to take people's money but it's nearly impossible to get the funds out, and there is no help if you're stuck. A teacher opened the account to help out, then PTA took it over. Both he and I are locked out getting any funds, we keep getting the same email over and over - add more info. We've added info everywhere - still nothing and no help from GoFundMe. This company is a scam. Use anyone else.

Reply from GoFundMe

Hi Cindy, After reviewing your account, it looks like you had a conversation with our Community Management. They needed to verify some information for security purposes because you were not mentioned in the campaign itself, but you were withdrawing the funds. It looks like after providing the requested documentation, our team was able to verify your identity and clear you to withdraw the funds. We can confirm that at that point you were able to continue to withdraw all the funds that were raised on behalf of the PTA.

Mar. 26th, 2018

Daniel Catlover Las Vegas, NV

Gofundme sucks 1. Their system is moronic. There is a "start a new campaign" link but it just takes me to my already started and over campaigns. There's no other option to make a new one. 2. In both dolphin and chrome browser (android lolipop) the gofundme menu malfunctions, it either won't open or flickers open and closes up again. 3. There's no way to change your wepay email. And it's been YEARS stuck at this level of stupidity.

Reply from GoFundMe

Hi Daniel, We're sorry to hear about the trouble you had with our site! In searching for "Daniel Catlover" in our system, we were not able to locate any campaigns or correspondence with our Customer Happiness Team. After testing the issues you listed, we were not able to replicate any issues and can confirm that the above issues are working properly. If you wish to contact our Customer Happiness Team for further assistance, please go here:

Mar. 26th, 2018

Amy Glaser Ithaca, NY

Go Fund Me Double billed my credit card for my donation. My attempt to get this corrected involved contacting the credit card processor, We Pay, as it was there error. They redirected me to Go Fund Me, who promised to resolve the issue with We Pay. Two days later, I get a frantic Email from the person whose campaign I supported informing me that they are refunding my donation to her when it was supposed to be that they would refund the extra charge to me. They are charging her service fees to boot and this transaction. Customer service is friendly but entirely ineffective. I suspect fraud.

Thomas-Victoria Kraus

I tried to help my brother who has been wrongly convicted, and there was a lot of crookedness with his case. Our family was ripped off from a couple attorneys, and my brother was not represented correctly. He has just paid another attorney to appeal his case, and I was trying to help him raise money for his attorney fees through go fund me, they allowed me to start the campaign, but then canceled it on me. I am very dissatisfied with go fund me service, and will look to other crowdfunding sites, before I ever decide to use go fund me in the future again.

kylie od Southampton, PA

Raised money to help pay for my father's funeral services...GoFundMe's website doesn't even work properly. We cannot withdraw our money and was never made aware that we would also be subject to WePays percentages to be removed from the donations as well as GoFundMe's percentage. 5% plus an additional 2.9% and 30 cents for every donation. But that doesn't even matter because we cannot get a dime withdrawn from the site. DO NOT USE GOFUNDME

Rosi Sanchez New York, NY

I tried to change my password because I am grief stricken after my brother's death. They were supposed to send me a confirmation password to reset my password. I couldn't!! Another email says password successfully set. They never sent a confirmation password. I can't even register for a new account because it says email taken. There is no money to give my only sibling a decent sendoff!! He died suddenly!! Please help me. I am beside myself with grief and worry because this is affecting my mother worse!! She is elderly with major heart problems. Please help!! Thank you kindly.

Antonio J Gonzalez Fairmont, WV

Terrible sight. Unless you are tied in with every single media Network on the planet, it will not help you. I needed help with medical and legal expenses I was explicit about it had photographs and still to no avail. I would never recommend this to anybody I know unless I wanted someone to waste their time or I knew that they had created every media Network.

Steve Gossett Pasadena, CA

WOW! Set up an account because my wife passed away and needed relief with funeral costs. We had a total amount raised of $4,435.00. GoFundMe took 5% ($221.75) and WePay took two fees (2.9% + 0.30) per transaction for a total of $141.50. So between them both they got total fees of $363.25 from our funeral fund. I hope life is as sympathetic when someone who works there loses a loved one.

M

Terrible terrible my friend and her fiancé past away last December leaving two boys orphaned so we started a gofundme me page as a trust account and we still haven't received funds we raised. 18 months later!! Fighting back and forth only by email for them to do a complete circle of request we complete then the sign a new person to email us to start again. Terrible no contact number or physical adress. Garbage site!!!!

Tiffany Tempe, AZ

Great way to give without having to take out cash. This site has helped so many people i know when it comes to funeral costs to helping friends with medical conditions.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear your community has benefited from using GoFundMe, Tiffany! Our team is working around the clock to consistently improve our site for a safer and easier fundraising experience. Should any issues come up, please contact our team!

Jan. 17th, 2019

Savanah Gugyelka

Gofundme helped make it easier for my family and I to raise money to help my grandpa pay for his medical and travel expenses. Now the Doctors say he is cancer free!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear that positive diagnosis, Savanah! We're honored to be the platform you and your family chose to receive these funds to your grandpa. Our team is hoping for all the best for you, your grandpa, and your family!

Oct. 18th, 2018

wanda Saint George, UT

when you donate to GoFundMe, they ask for a "tip" you choose the percentage you want. i think there was 5%, 10%. i didnt see a phone number anywhere to call, i wanted to ask about this and why are they wanting a "tip." I emailed them and didn't get a response. i just chose the lowest percentage just so i can complete my donation. but beware at the end of your donation you will see that.

Derek Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

I teach a Business class, and have used GoFundMe to raise money for different student based projects. It is a fun, easy way to recruit people to your cause, and to raise the money needed.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear you've found GoFundMe an easy place to raise funds, Derek! We're happy to hear that GoFundMe is able to be used in your class, and our team will always be here to help if you or your students have any questions.

Oct. 18th, 2018

Rylee Durfey Pleasant Grove, UT

I think go fund me is a great and easy thing to use to give people money without using cash or checks. I love this company they are definetely a 5 star for me.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so appreciative of your kind words, Rylee! Thank you for being a part of the GoFundMe community, and please let our team know if we can help with anything during your GoFundMe journey.

Oct. 9th, 2018

Erin Rhoton Pleasant Grove, UT

I contributed to a GoFundMe after a friend's brother passed away to help his surviving family members. It is a good way to help others that you don't know personally.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear your friend's family was able to start that GoFundMe, Erin. Thanks for your kind words and we're all sending our thoughts to your friend and their family. If you ever have any questions about donations or starting a GoFundMe, our Customer Happiness Team will be here to assist.

Jun. 14th, 2018

Kimsreview Olney, MD

I like using GoFundMe. It is super convenient and easy to set up and send out. People trust it and it makes it easier to find raise.

Amanda Montebello, CA

I used GoFundMe to fundraise for my trip to Nicaragua and I was able to reach out and raise a lot of money.

roxanne Millville, UT

What an amazing site, i love donating to good causes and know my money is in safe hands with this company

Ruth Las Cruces, NM

I'm very confused about this? I Don’t know what happened but gofundme dropped my account! Good thing the refunded all donors money back. There is no way to contact anyone to find out why. If anyone knows how, please let me know! Much appreciated!

Ciara Rockford, IL

Hello I was wondering have any one had a problem with getting your money from go fund my money is stuck and my dates keep changing I put one because I’m trying to find out what going on but I would rate it 5 beverage it is a good thing to do

todd studebaker Bloomingdale, IL

I made a mistake and the GoFundMe rep was very helpful to rectify the situation quickly and professionally!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our Customer Happiness Team could fix up that issue, Todd! Mistakes happen, and our team is prepared to help, 24/7.

MSgt Mitchell G Clayton, DE

Easy to set up, Great Customer Service Assistance, Funds being transferred to bank on a timely basis.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear GoFundMe was easy to use, Mitchell! Our Customer Happiness Team is always here to answer any questions about withdrawals, sharing, or anything else that may come up. Please do let us know if we can help during your time on GoFundMe.

Peter DROTTAR Groveland, FL

I had a personal request for assistance for the withdrawal. Response was quick and willingness to help.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're happy our Customer Happiness Team was able to assist with your withdrawals, Peter! If any other issues come up during your time on GoFundMe, please let them know. Our team is available 24/7.

Toni Nicole Swanigan Atlanta, GA

I asked a question and got a response quickly from a knowledgeable agent named Nicole. GoFundMe is awesome.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad Nicole could help, Toni! She and the rest of our Customer Happiness Team are always here to help, and thanks for your kind words!

Oct. 5th, 2018

Kitty Barton

Great customer service, friendly and efficient. Plus a simple easy platform for giving to people that need help.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thanks so much for your kind words, Kitty! We're honored to provide a platform for those in need, and our Customer Happiness Team is proud to offer fast and friendly support!

Sep. 1st, 2018

Mike Lieser Allen, TX

Easy to use with good customer service. They work hard to make the whole process as easy as possible for you.

Reply from GoFundMe

It's our pleasure to help, Mike. Our Customer Happiness Team will always be here to offer exemplary service at any hour of the day.

Aug. 23rd, 2018

Ann Cornelius Sapulpa, OK

We raised over $1000 on GoFundMe, but are unable to get the money out for the funeral expenses. There is no withdrawal ability. Very sad day for the family, and no response from GoFundMe. I think this is a scam of the most outrageous proportions.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Ann. We're sending our best to the family during this difficult time, and we're glad to confirm that our Customer Happiness Team was able to help you withdraw all funds. If we can help with anything else during your time on GoFundMe, please reach out and our team will be here to help further.

Aug. 21st, 2018

Chantelle McLean

The customer service is excellent. The only downside with GoFundMe for me is that withdrawals take quite a long time to reach your bank account

Reply from GoFundMe

We appreciate the feedback, Chantelle! While we aren't able to send funds the same day like some banks can, we're committed to getting your funds to you as quickly as possible via a secure ACH transfer. If we can help with anything during your GoFundMe experience, please do let our Customer Happiness Team know!

Andrew Schneider

Quick response from customer service. GoFundMe is way easier than selling cookies or holding a bikini car wash!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our Customer Happiness Team could help with prompt support, Andrew! If you have any questions or concerns during your GoFundMe experience, the team will be happy to help further, 24/7.

Robin Russell Mercer Island, WA

Excellent customer service. I had a question and they responded quickly and solved my problem with grace and accuracy.

Reply from GoFundMe

Our Customer Happiness Team is proud to offer prompt and helpful service, Robin! We're so glad the team could help and should any other issues arise, the team will be happy to assist.

Eli Nunez Seaford, NY

GoFundMe customer service is great, assisted me with whatever problem I was having within a couple hours.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're happy to help, Elizabeth. Should any other issues come up, please do reach back out! Our team is ready to assist, 24/7.

Jun. 7th, 2018

maryellen DiGiacomo Ridgefield, NJ

If there is ever a problem, customer service is right there when you need them. Resolved in minutes!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to be here to help, Maryellen! We take great pride in a speedy and helpful response, 24/7!

May. 25th, 2018

Camiah

It isn’t not the best when you’re a starter but it does get better with the customer helping team. So I recommend it

Lou Ann Parsons New Castle, PA

They are pretty prompt in answering emails. They also check back with you to make sure they've answered all of your questions.

Reply from GoFundMe

Our Customer Happiness Team will always be here to help, Lou Ann! It's our #1 goal to ensure everyone who writes in has their issue resolved as quickly as possible.

Apr. 23rd, 2018

Kim

An excellent platform for raising funds, easy and efficient, good value for money and great customer service support.

Stephani transue Tobyhanna, PA

Gofundme was fast with paying and the customer service was extremely helping with setting everything up.

Bob Gushwa Wheat Ridge, CO

My questions were answered very quickly. It was easy to set up my account, It's been only two days,

Dottie Gerlich Torrance, CA

GoFundMe was very easy to use. I am helping a friend who unexpectedly lost his wife. Great customer service as well.

Melinda Vandalia, OH

Go fund me helped me with a issue I was having immediately! They helped me resolve the issue in less than 24hrs!

Mirinda Dixon, MO

Very easy platform to use. Had a technical problem that I contacted them about and they resolved it within 20 minutes.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to see that our Customer Happiness Team was able to quickly resolve the problem, Mirinda.