GoFundMe

Steve Brotzman

There was a problem with the location of the recipient of my campaign. Customer service was back with me quickly & was eager work out the problem as fast as possible.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our Customer Happiness Team could fix that up for you, Steve! If we can help with anything else during your GoFundMe experience, please write back in!

Anabela Godoy Miami, FL

I got help right away to solve all the difficulties I had. I had everything resolved in a day and you guys were so kind and helpful. Thank you so much

Reply from GoFundMe

You're so welcome, Anabela. Please let our Customer Happiness Team know if there are any other issues with your account. We'll be happy to help, 24/7!

Amanda U. Ajuluchuku Beverly Hills, CA

Excellent service. Due to lack of funds, my telephone was disconnected. Gofundme referred me to TextNow. I now have number and a phone. I would to thank you, Gofundme.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're happy that you were able to get a phone number another way, Amanda! If you ever have any other questions during your GoFundMe experience, our Customer Happiness Team will be ready to assist.

May. 25th, 2018

Sherry Rochdale, MA

Excellent customer service. Rosa was able to answer every question I had and was able to help me make a refund and close the campaign successfully and easily.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear Rosa was able to help with your refund and campaign, Sherry! She's a wonderful member of our Customer Happiness Team and the whole team will be here for you, 24/7.

May. 11th, 2018

Robinson Guzman Rochester, NY

The team at customer service help me with my concerns and questions and even gave some suggestions on how to get the most out of my campaign. Thank you

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear our Customer Happiness Team was able to help with your campaign, Robinson. Our team will always be available for any questions about your campaign or coaching tips, 24/7.

May. 11th, 2018

Gene Diamond Ocala, FL

I appreciate the service that you provide many people in need of financial aid. It affords the public the opportunity to share in random acts of kindness.

J M Paige, TX

Excellent Customer Service. Everyone was super helpful and answered right away. They must treat their employees well because they are all doing their job!:)

Louise Brooklyn, NY

The costumer service on line dept at Go fundme responded quickly to my question and gave me a comprehensive answer to my question within moments! I was impressed-

Mary Setrakian New York, NY

When I had a financial question they responded immediately, understood the problem, fixed it in the moment and handled the matter with care and compassion.

Martha John-Rose

I used GoFundMe collect donations for the Dominica hurricane. In response to the scenes of devastation and knowing my relatives were enduring this, I looked for a funding site to start collecting donations straight away. GoFundMe was one of the first sites to pop up from my internet search. I hadn't used a funding site before but should have taken the time to read the small print, (my fault) as it was a surprise to see the size of the cut the company took from the donation. I felt bad about this, as that money could have made a difference to some very desperate people and I realised there were other organisations who wouldn't have charged so much, and also, individuals who I could have made arrangements with. For me, the site has some positives, but I wouldn't use it again or recommend it, as there seems a bit too much focus on the money making side of things (e.g. a bit overly enthusiastic in promoting ideas for generating more funds, which course result in an even bigger percentage raised for the site). I don't have an issue with companies needing to make a living, but the way this company (and others like it) goes about it doesn't resonate with me.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for this honest feedback, Martha! It's never our intention to hide fees from our users. They're displayed here before you set up a campaign: That being said, in response to the feedback we've received from users like you, we've recently decided to waive our 5% fee in the UK (as well as a few other countries): - Please note a standard payment processing fee still applies. Thank you again for taking the time to share your thoughts with us.

Feb. 26th, 2018

Cathy Salamon - Mauser Cares NJ

Customer service is reprehensible. We collected over $130,000 to help our employees in Houston - many of whom have lost EVERYTHING. Yet it has been impossible to withdraw the funds. We are a global company. Our CFO has on numerous occasions entered the information they requested. They email us asking for additional information and say they will remove the hold after receiving the information. We provide the additional the information. Then we receive another email from another representative with the exact same message asking for the same additional information, etc. etc. etc. WTF??? We have been trying to withdraw funds for the last 2 weeks. So while our employees are living in shelters in Houston, the GoFundMe clerks are sitting anonymously behind their computers in their air-conditioned cubicles or homes or on the beach or WHEREVER...doing nothing for anyone. I believe this company has lost sight of their original goal to help not just themselves, but others as well. They do not provide a phone number with good reason - because they would be inundated with angry phone calls.

Reply from GoFundMe

Hi Cathy, Thank you for this honest feedback. After reviewing your message history with us, it looks like your campaign was caught up in security and verification measures of our payment processor. These measure are in place to ensure donations are sent safely and securely to the correct people or organization. That being said, I see that the resolution of this situation took longer than it should have during an urgent times. It looks like our team made a call to your organization and we were able to reach a solution that worked for both us to make up for the time that was lost.

Feb. 27th, 2018

Karen Dudas Brentwood, TN

Klunky user experience, must use exact case for email address (its 2017?), closed our campaign and requested money 6 days ago and still have not received. We had a team within our organization raise money for others on our team impacted by Hurricane Harvey. We setup the campaign to appear as if it were from the team and not one individual person. Go Fund Me has all of my personal contact info, bank account info, SSN, and heck I even think they have my kids SSNs yet they refuse to send a payment because I will not post "I, , am deducting these funds" publically on the campaign site. We intentionally created this site as a group so it would show our unity as a team. If I post "I , am withdrawing these funds" everyone on my team will receive an email showing that. How embarrassing! Customer Support - just pick up the phone and call me back instead of trying to find ways to continue to earn interest on our money!

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for this feedback, Karen. I have reviewed your interaction with us and while it is common for us to require verification messages to be posted on campaigns that have the name of the campaign organizer hidden, it does appear like it took our team a bit too long to respond at some points during your interaction with us, so I apologize for that delay. That being said, I can confirm that we do not require anyone's social security number except for the person withdrawing the funds. I can also confirm that we do not earn interest on holding funds. Our sole reason for holding funds is to verify they are being sent to the proper beneficiaries, and the verification message we required you post is part of that process. I speak for the entire team when I say we're hopeful that the funds raised were able to help the families who were impacted by Hurricane Harvey. Sincerely, Rudolph Customer Happiness Lead

Mar. 2nd, 2018

Misty Brooks

My son Michael "Mike" Busbee passed away July 23, 2017. Insurance would not cover his death, because it was a suicide. Michael suffered from depression. Christopher "Topher" Nichols started a GoFund Me campaign to help with funeral arrangements. The campaign raised $8550.00. The campaign stated that all funds were to go directly to Michael's mom, however, Topher decided to keep the funds, and they were transferred directly into his personal account. My son's ashes remain in the cardboard box that was given to me from the funeral home. I made a claim to GoFundMe, returned all proof of identity for Michael's Mother, along with all other documents they requested. Go FundMe is dragging it out with no remedy for the situation. Their customer service sucks, with no contact to an actual person. Their Guarantee. Is a line of bs that they do not stand behind. I am a grieving mother that should not be having to deal with all this, I have lost my only child, and shpuld not be fighting this fight.

Reply from GoFundMe

Hi Misty, Thank you for providing this honest feedback. I've reviewed your interactions with our Trust & Safety department and I can confirm that you your claim was covered under our GoFundMe Guarantee. It seems like this was a very complex situation, and I'm very sorry to see you had to go through that during your time of a grief. Myself and the rest of the GoFundMe Team hope that the coverage of the GoFundMe Guarantee offered some relief during this difficult time. Sincerely, Rudolph Customer Happiness Lead

Mar. 2nd, 2018

Francesca R Nastasi Fair Lawn, NJ

Dear Gofundme, this is a very shocked user. My husband and I thought to use the site to help paying our beloved cat's expensive bill. I didn't think your rate to help us out were so outrageous. We remained appalled about your policy. Nothing is for free that's a given unless you agree on a fair trade. I would have appreciate a fair flat fee of for instance $25 or even $30 for you and whatever we make it was going towards the veterinarian's bill. Perhaps you should embrace the same plan as more fair companies like Airb&B or other ones. When people use your site is to get an extra help. Also, you didn't even circulate the page around. We had to take care of letting people know about the site. So the $67 you made through us are based of doing nothing. Congratulations you are definitely e legal unfair site! I We reached only $770 of this money gofundme kept about $67. I should be ashemed on a human and value creation society level. Some of our family and friends decided to donate separately. I am glad this happened. I am officially protesting against this abuse of power. You are taking advantage of people feelings and emotions. I read online some of the reviews and if I were you I would start expanding life through the process of introspection. Whatever we think say or do will have an equal effect. When we don't create value a lesson is about to occur. We only lost $67 you lost compassion, kindness, empathy and so forth. Meditate on that and work hard on how you behave in the future. I will send my daimoku for you to open the eyes and realize we are ONE and if dont' take responsibility on helping one another we totally miss the concept on being a human. Thank you for listening Francesca Romana Nastasi

Jean E. Rightmire Williamstown, NY

Gofundme along with Wepay has ripped us off of $1,000, and that's not counting all the time I have had to spend trying to get the to understand their mistakes. They made them from the very beginning and their employees can't seem to comprehend simple things. I should be dedicating this time to the care of my husband who's in stage 3 of 4 of heart failure. Nope these yahoos can't tie their shoes. This originated from them illegally charging my friend's credit card twice. They cannot even admit their mistake, and they can't even understand their mistake, despite the fact it has been pointed out to them, practically with charts and such. They do not respond in a timely manner and there is no phone number to call and actually speak with a person. They are hiding behind a scam "security" screen about having a phone number!! I am filing formal complaints with the CA and NY attorney generals office and many more. I am taking to social media to call them out and warm others. I will be contacting people who have gofund me pages up b/c they are ripping people off at their greatest time of need.

Reply from GoFundMe

Hi Jean, We've reviewed your account, and it looks like a bug caused some trouble here with charging a donor twice. To make up for that mistake, we waived our fees and covered the second charge while also refunding your donor. While this bug was a unique situation for your campaign, that's no excuse for the stress caused to you during an already stressful time in your life. We wish you and yours the best.

Mar. 29th, 2018

Oh man

I made a go fund me thinking I might be able to get some help buying a new computer. As an artist they can be pretty expensive. And even harder when you have a bad anxiety disorder and can't work. Magically I woke up to see someone gave me $3000 with the message to make it count. I was so happy and tried to withdraw the money. I got an email saying I wasn't clear about who I was (not possible, I used my Facebook, real name and stuff) I was too vague on what I'd spend the money on (a new computer, duh) and how I was related to the person the funds were being raised for. (Me) so I messaged them back saying it was all true and sitting on the edge of my seat. I get another message then next day asking how I was related to the Donor? I'm not, they were someone I didn't know. They could have been a fan of my work or just someone who felt really generous. So far no email back and my funds are on hold. I really got my hopes up here. This is Turing into a really terrible expirience.

Cori Marie Scott

I will NEVER campaign through GoFundMe because they work alongside WePay, a joke of a company. They are the absolute worst. They take money straight out of your account for chargebacks (when the donations are supposed to be NON-REFUNDABLE, but don't let them fool you, they aren't), unauthorized! They refuse to return it to you, or be understanding in any way. They'll send you an email telling you that they had already done so, not even giving you a chance to contest or ask why. $45.46 stolen by WePay from my personal bank account, and I'll never see it again. I guess I do have one thing to thank WePay for... Thank you for showing me that I should have never done business with you or ever again, and now I can warn others against doing the same. I have nothing good to say about this company. Unfair and money-hungry... The absolute worst experience. The much worse part? GoFundMe would not help me in any way. My first, and certainly last experience, with GoFundMe or moronic WePay. It's a shame that GoFundMe works with them.

KRISTINA Q CA

Gofundme is a scam!!! They make it super easy to sign up and donate but then to withdraw the money is a nightmare. They ask all kinds of repetitive questions regarding the fund. I knew the campaign organizer for a funeral fund and they would ask her such questions as: what is the money being used for? Can you verify the expenses of the funeral? Can you verify that you are you? My poor sister in law couldn't even grieve her own mother because she had to deal with gofundme on top of planning a funeral she didn't have money for. Their customer service department is non existent. You can only contact by email and they respond with automated BS messages. You reply to that and then they don't reply. Eventually the cycle starts over because you have to reach out again. Gofundme.. Nah GOFRAUDME!!!!!!!

Lyjan Graham

I don't like gofundme.com. I was campaigning for funds for less fortunate children in the Philippines that would run all year round, unfortunately I had no enough donation for my $2000 target (only $50.00 was donated), so gofundme.com removed the donation url for that reason. I checked my account why, and their reason is because the donation did not reach $500.00, Because of this, I was not able to make anymore donation from where I embedded the donation code in my own website for a few more people to donate. The link was removed without prior notice, living me expecting it was working alright until I noticed the link did not exist anymore. I still have to try more crowdfunding sites that has no such policy and be more helpful to anybody seeking help.

Kathie Bowman Lakeside, CA

I tried to contact gofundme.com, but could not get past the robot prove you are human by checking the box because it kept spinning around and around for over five minutes. Heard they do not like to answer questions. I donated $50 to a Fund and was charged $7.50, or 15% extra to process it. That really angered me. How much did the Fund have to pay to receive the donation, and how do I even know they received it or the fund received it? I really disliked having to give my credit card information and won't do it again. If I can't donate directly or by Paypal, I will not use my credit card info with the CCV. GoFundMe feels like a scam operation, excessively profitable for them

Amber C Frey San Diego, CA

I've donated to a handful of GoFundMe campaigns. It's a good service but you really do need to be weary of who you donate your money to. There's a lot of people that use it fraudulently just to get money from people. But the honest ones are worth donating to most of the time.

Reply from GoFundMe

We truly appreciate your feedback, Amber! Our team is consistently looking for ways to keep our platform safe, and if you have any concerns about the legitimacy of a campaign, please select the "Report this Campaign" button at the bottom of any campaign.

Jan. 17th, 2019

Leslie West Jordan, UT

We used GoFundMe for a fundraiser for funeral expenses after my brother passed away. It was easy to use and recognizable to others who wanted to donate. I would definitely recommend!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're sorry to hear of the circumstances that brought you to GoFundMe, Leslie, but we're glad to be the platform to help you raise funds for these expenses. Our team is sending support to you and your whole family during this extremely difficult time, and we'll always be here to help if you have any other questions or concerns while using GoFundMe.

Oct. 18th, 2018

Joy Henry Pleasant Grove, UT

I think this is a great service to help people out but I don't like how much they take of what is earned. I know they need something but this is to help people in great need and it seems too much to me. I like seeing it help people as they try to get back on their feet after tragic events.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, Joy! Our 0% platform fee helps give more per each donation to the campaign organizer and beneficiary, and our payment processing fees go to our payment processors to ensure safe donation and withdrawal transactions. We're now powered by tips from our donors, and we're always looking to improve our platform for those in need. If our team can help answer any other questions or if we can help during your time on GoFundMe, just let us know!

tini mapu Orem, UT

Gofundme is my favorite fundraising website. It helps millions of people and it is so easy to donate. It is very personal and it allows you to put up info and pictures and share it through all your social media pages.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thanks so much for your kind words, Tini! We always strive to provide the safest and easiest to use platform to raise funds, and we're always looking to improve. We're glad you found the donation and sharing experience easy and informative!

Anita pea Dallas, TX

GoFundMe was very helpful with kickstarting my company. The service was easy to use and amazing pricing. Now my company is a well known place.

Natalia Correa MDTribe Tallahassee, FL

I recently did a gofundme campaign to raise money for a medical mission trip. It was super easy to set up and manage! Highly recommend!

Tiffany I Gaithersburg, MD

I’ve used this for a couple fundraisers. Success really depends on the person pushing it. But it’s a great way to involve people in your cause.

Taylee Warner Riverton, UT

This works the best and I always love reading everyone’s GoFundMe’s that they have posted. I have used it and it works very well.

judith stoll-stark Lawton, OK

Had a go fund me for friend who battling with cancer initiated . As I withdrawn the money for her, a couple days later I received an email my account was negative! Donor rebattled his donation as i contact go fund me i got an email stating a lot of donors don't realize the draft it does not say go fund me. Seriously company is aware of that problem, but doesn't ensure donors be notified what the bankdraft will say on bank statement. didn't even get a warning ,money was taken out of my account before I got notification , but go fund me keep there fee, never again .Bad business

Helena Rutherford Oakland, CA

What started off as a honeymoon fundraiser for my mother has now turned into a major loss in personal finance. My account was suspended and all funds frozen. After weeks of jumping through hoops and running in circles, I get an email saying donations will be reimbursed within 10days. A month later and I get an email saying my funds have now been locked with National Treasury and I will need to apply for a liscense to access account. HUH? No response except the spam link to national treasure website. An impressively unhelpful platform.

Laura Weaver Kittrell, NC

I have been attempting to make withdrawals for some time now but I never get any type of a confirmation when I enter my bank account information in and everytime I email these guys they never get back to me!!! I will never use the gofunme platform again...it looks like I will never be able to make any withdrawals from my donors so now I love issues going to the doctor's; thank you GoFundMe for being a complete waste of time and effort. You guys are complete garbage and I am speaking nicely about you when I say that!!!!!

Christina Corbett Garden City, ID

I managed a campaign for a friend. It was very easy to set up and use, and customer service was very responsive and helpful when I had questions.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear you had an easy fundraising experience, Christina! Our Customer Happiness Team is proud to help answer questions at any hour of the day. If our team can help with anything else at all, please feel free to contact us, 24/7!

Oct. 18th, 2018

John Ortero Tavares, FL

I had a lot of questions about fundraising, and would it meet my goal, so far it’s been slow going but I have been told to give to time and I will.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our Customer Happiness Team could help answer those questions, John! We recommend sharing your campaign as much as you can, and we've seen many campaigns start out slow but then pick up and reach their goal. Please let our team know if you'd like any other tips while on GoFundMe!

bruce Carlsbad, CA

Everything is good except, I listed this as an emergency campaign, and CASH app deliver my money to my account the next business DAY! Thanks

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so appreciative of your feedback, Bruce! Our payment processors use ACH transfers, which have a 2-5 business day timeline to transfer funds to you. We're not able to speed that timeline up, even though we wish we could! If our Customer Happiness Team can help answer any questions or concerns, please do let us know.

ALEXIS Atlanta, GA

Great customer support and super fast replies! Thank you for helping my brother! This is an amazing service and truly helps families!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our platform was here to help you raise funds for your brother, Alexis! We're honored to be the site to help people raise the funds they need, and our Customer Happiness Team is always standing by to lend a hand if any issues come up.

Shevonna Norris Iowa City, IA

I had a issue with withdrawals so I contacted GoFundMe support . They contacted me back in a short amount of time to solve my issues !

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad our Customer Happiness Team could help fix up that withdrawal issue, Shevonna! If you have any other questions or concerns while on GoFundMe, please let our team know and we'll be here to help, 24/7!

Michael Anderson Fort Madison, IA

So far it has been very good. I had a question and they answered it in a timely manner. Just keeping my fingers crossed for my son.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're sending all of our best to you and your family, Michael. We're proud to offer helpful support to ensure you have a successful GoFundMe campaign and receive all the funds raised. Please do let us know if we can help in any way.

Kristin Pleasant Grove, UT

I have used go fund me only once to help raise money for a friend that lost her husband, to help cover funeral expenses. It was great.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad GoFundMe could be here for you in your friend's time of need, Kristin. We're sending our thoughts to your friend and our Customer Happiness Team will be here for you if you have any questions during your time on GFm, 24/7.

Samantha Millville, UT

I have seen the good that can come from these! People are able to donate any sum of money to help someone in need when tragedy strikes.

Reply from GoFundMe

Our goal is to always be here when someone is in need, Samantha. We never want to see anyone go through a tragedy, but we're glad our platform is a collective space for people to help other people. Thanks so much for your kind feedback, we truly appreciate it!

Kathy West, TX

I was nervous about the process, but it was surprisingly easy. Also, when I did have a question I was contacted very quickly with the answer.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear it was easy to set up your GoFundMe, Kathy! If you ever have any concerns while using GoFundMe, our Customer Happiness Team will be here to help, 24/7!

Britney Los Olivos, CA

Always helpful and polite customer service. Incredibly easy and fast way to raise money as well! I definitely recommend.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad we could help, Britney! Thanks for your kind words about our Customer Happiness Team and our GoFundMe platform, we're happy you're a part of our GoFundMe community.

Jun. 13th, 2018

Virginia Spindle Roanoke, VA

We started a campaign to raise money for an attorney for visitation with my grandkids.My ex-daughter-in-law's family started making negative and nasty comments about us.Gina supposedly took care of the problem but so far campaign not going as planned.

Reply from GoFundMe

We appreciate the feedback, Virginia, and we're sorry to hear you were placed in that situation. We're glad to hear Gina could take care of that issue for you, and if we can help with the campaign, please do let Gina and the other members of the Customer Happiness Team know.

Jun. 13th, 2018

Cynthia Tuthill Saint Helena, CA

I find this group to be a trusted company with whom to do business! And, when I had a question, they were fast and fabulous at helping me via email.

Reply from GoFundMe

We appreciate your kind words, Cynthia! We're glad to hear our Customer Happiness Team could help with your question, and they'll always be here to help, 24/7.

milton

I can give 3 stars my campaign did not really work due to debit cards not working to make a donation how ever am pleased with the support in general am sure next time I will be very pleased with the donations

Vladimir Suslov Glastonbury, CT

Extraordinary costumer support. GoFundMe foresees client needs and proactively facilitates help. Very nice, very intuitive, straight to the point.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to offer prompt and helpful service, Vladimir! If we can help with anything else during your time on GoFundMe, please let us know.

Rae Palmer El Cajon, CA

I had a problem getting on gofundme but working with a technician we got the bugs worked out. She was truly an amazing lady.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our team member could help, Rae! We're always working to work out any issue you come across, so please let us know if we can help with anything else during your GoFundMe experience.

Jun. 7th, 2018

Lynda Pemberton Bridgeport, CA

Had a problem with my credit card and the Representative was so helpful and concerned we got it all straightened out..Many thanks to her.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear a member of our team could fix that issue for you, Lynda! We'll be here to help, 24/7.

Jun. 7th, 2018

Allan gauthier

The staff were great. I was experiencing a little difficulty and the staff just took care of it for me. No hassles. Good job!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear it, Allan! If you ever experience another issue on GoFundMe, our Customer Happiness Team will be happy to assist, 24/7.

Jun. 4th, 2018

Marc Weber Greeneville, TN

It was very easy to use. I did have a couple of issues with linking something but the man I emailed with fixed meup right as rain with no issue.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear our Customer Happiness Team could help with these small issues, Marc! Thanks for being a part of our GoFundMe community.

May. 25th, 2018

Brian Boucher Norwich, CT

My experience thus far has been splendid. Any question I add were addressed quickly and professionally by your help team. I am very satisfied. Thank you.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear you were satisfied with your support experience, Brian! Our Customer Happiness Team is here for you, 24/7.

May. 7th, 2018