GoFundMe

Richard VanTassel Erie, PA

I had a problem with a tip on a pledge I made. It was handled very professionally via email unfortunately I can’t remember the young ladies name. She was very helpful and went over and above to rectify the situation.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear a member of our team could help with that tip issue, Richard! We'll always be here to address and fix any issue you have, 24/7.

Jun. 4th, 2018

Luanne Danville, KS

I wasn't sure how the process worked and I really wanted to donate some to a friend of a friend. It was very easy and I was surprised how much I was contacted by you after the donation was made

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad you were able to donate, Luanne! Our Customer Happiness Team will always be happy to help, 24/7.

May. 25th, 2018

Abdul Chappell Fort Worth, TX

I had a lot of questions and the person that helped me was patient and thorough. Stayed with it, until I got all the answers I needed. I am very satisfied with the awesome service I got.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear you were very satisfied, Abdul! Our Customer Happiness Team will always be here to help serve you for any issues or questions you have.

Debbie Wilson

I had been having issues with app on and off since I opened it. Contacted the support staff and dealt with various members. All helpful, kind and couldn't do more to help me find the root of problem and fix. Thankyou to all.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're sorry to hear you were having issues with our GoFundMe app, Debbie! Our Customer Happiness Team will always be here to help with any issues during your GoFundMe experience.

Michelle C Frisco, TX

I had a very positive GoFundMe experience setting up a fund for a friend in need. It was my first time using GoFundMe so it took me a bit to figure everything out but overall, the experience was easy and good.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're happy to hear you had a good GoFundMe experience, Michelle. We hope our platform was able to help you raise funds for your friend in need.

Rebekah Wharton

GoFundMe makes it easy to set up and run a fundraiser. When I had a question, I contacted customer service and received a quick, comprehensive and easy-to-understand explanation. I would use GoFundMe again.

Reply from GoFundMe

Great to hear you had a positive GoFundMe experience, Rebekah! If you choose to use GoFundMe again for your fundraising needs, our Customer Happiness Team will be ready to assist and answer any other questions.

Alexandria Kalamazoo, MI

I was a new user. It was my first campaign and I had a question about withdraw. The response was amazingly fast. I think less than 10 minutes. And, the response, in the first line, started by alleviating my fears that something was wrong.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad our Customer Happiness Team was able to quickly help, Alexandria. If you have any other questions about your campaign or GoFundMe experience, our team will be ready to assist with rapid and helpful email support.

Erin Miller St. Petersburg, FL

Thank God for this service! I'm able to focus on my health and not worry about bills. The customer service team was very quick and friendly when I needed help accessing my funds. I am so grateful.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad GoFundMe could be there for you, Erin! We're sending our support and our Customer Happiness Team will always be happy to answer any questions you may have.

Dean Webb Ocala, FL

This is my first gofundme.com experience, and it was super easy to set up and get started. I was so excited when I started to get donations. Their customer service is always outstanding and very polite.

Jim Greenhalgh

For me, the experience is bigger that GoFundMe. It is an exception these days to be uplifted by e-mail communications but, Thats what happened. Thanks to Jenna and the team. Hope I can pay it forward. Thanks Jim

Shawn maclellan

Made a mistake on a donation. Did not notice the tip section. Due to the high donation, the tip was excessive.(it is done auto. Base on a %) i asked for a refund and to my surprise they complied.

Jeanette Schur Olympia, WA

GoFundMe is easy to set up but if helps needed, a representative is available quickly. They are kind and do all they can to make you feel comfortable. I never saw myself asking for help in this way but am glad I did.

Jacinda E Sandy, UT

I used Go fund me for a friend that was raising money to help her mom with cancer. It was a nice way to be supportive of her but to also see the progress they were making towards their donation goal.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for the kind words and feedback, Jacinda! We appreciate it.

Mar. 2nd, 2018

david jones

I think this site does so much good. I have NO problem with them taking 7% of all funds. Charities usually take anywhere from 50 - 75% for "operation expenses" I love how generous people are.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're thrilled to hear you had such a good experience with GoFundMe, David! Since you wrote this review, we've recently updated our fees to remove the 5% platform fee from all US, Canadian, and UK personal fundraising campaigns, so now even more funds go to the folks who the campaigns are for.

Mar. 6th, 2018

Cheryl Rutten Cottage Grove, MN

I used and am currently using gofundme.com and have not had any problems. There have been a few donations and I received the money from gofundme directly into my checking account in a very timely manner to help pay rent for my friend in the hospital.

Meredith Leah Lincoln Virginia Beach, VA

I have been using GoFundMe to raise money for my medical fund and have had no problems... they do take about 10% of everything you collect but I knew that up front. It does take a few days to get the money transferred from GoFundMe to your actual bank account but I knew that up front, too. I find it pretty easy to use and share and I have no real complaints.

Joseph Jerkovich Faribault, MN

I set up a fund for a friend diagnosed with cancer and though the whole procedure was easy enough to do as well as the collecting of donations, there was a rude surprise when i tried to withdraw the money. I thought I had researched on the site well enough to know what to expect but was frustrated when it actually occurred. I my case I did not wish to burden my friend with any part of the process and wanted to handle it on my own. As i went trough the process to set that up, suddenly things became complicated. even with back and forth email I was never given enough information at one time to know what to expect. When it became clear that the only way the money would be released was with authorization from my friend, I proceeded only to discover that my friend had to make a copy of an ID with him in it and address some additional requirements. I was mad that only till the end did I find out that my friend, dealing with his diagnosis and medical appointments had to comply with requests for him to meet their demands. My advise is to be fully aware of what you must do before, during and after the fund is initiated.

Matthew Carbaugh Herndon, VA

I enjoy browsing the personal and business fundraisers on GoFundMe. It feels good to be charitiable and know exactly what my donation is going to be used for. Also like learning about different blossoming industries entrepenuers are trying to break into.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear you enjoy being on GoFundMe, Matthew! We're proud to host campaigns for a variety of causes, and we work each day to ensure that the safety of all campaigns is maintained. Should you have any questions about a campaign, please contact our Customer Happiness team!

Jan. 17th, 2019

Eric San Diego, CA

I have had a couple of friends in a real financial struggle after a tragedy and they have used GoFundMe to get back on track. Sites like this are great when used honestly. Gofundme is a great and simple way to raise money for good causes across the world.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear your friends have been able to use GoFundMe when they need it most, Eric. We're proud to be available to those who would like to raise funds for causes that are important to them.

Jan. 17th, 2019

Mali Orem, UT

GoFundMe has helped and supported so many families in need. What an amazing tool to reach out to the world to donate and help others in need. It's easy to donate by a simple click of a button. This site is very easy to set up and share. simple steps and user friendly.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're honored to receive such kind feedback, Mali! Thank you for sharing your GoFundMe experience with us, we're happy to be the platform to help people raise funds for their need or cause.

Oct. 10th, 2018

Aiga Orem, UT

everyone now a days use this for fundraising. GoFundMe makes it easy for anyone around the world to donate to a certain cause. When i have donated it was very simple to donate, enter information and i was done. It easy a great idea for fundraising.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so proud to be the place people go when they need to raise funds or want to help out a cause, Aiga. Thanks so much for your kind words, and please let us know if we can help with anything else during your time on GoFundMe.

Oct. 5th, 2018

Kim Millett Lindon, UT

We were able to use GoFundMe when a nephew passed away. We were able gather money to pay unpaid bills and the costs for funeral services. I think people recognize the "GoFundMe" name and feel comfortable contributing to a good cause.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're sending all our best to your family during this difficult time, Kim. We're honored that you were able to use the GoFundMe platform to get the funds you need, and our team will always be here for you, 24/7.

Aug. 21st, 2018

Jodie Larson Pleasant Grove, UT

GoFundMe has allowed me to help friends that are in need. What a blessing it is to many people to be able to find help and support through their network of friends, family members, acquaintences, and sometimes even strangers!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad you're able to use GoFundMe to help those in need, Jodie! We'll absolutely share your kind words with our team, and our Customer Happiness Team is always here to help, 24/7!

Aug. 21st, 2018

Anne Kimball Salt Lake City, UT

My best friend had their moving truck stolen so we did a GoFundMe to help them replace the things they had lost and it was so simple to get the word out to everyone. It was an incredible success! It was easy to use and easy for people to donate to.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear GoFundMe could be here for your best friend, Anne! We're sorry their moving truck was stolen, but we're honored to be the platform to get them back on their feet.

Jul. 29th, 2018

Trent Allen Queen Creek, AZ

Amazing website. After a terrible accident we used this website to reach out to many friends and family and gave them a chance to donate. Easy to use and the fees was very reasonable. It helped us in a very difficult circumstance.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're sending our condolences to you and your family, Trent. We're glad that GoFundMe could be here for you in your time of need, and our Customer Happiness Team is always available if any questions or concerns arise during your time on GoFundMe.

Jul. 8th, 2018

Landon Robison Layton, UT

I have never set up a GoFundMe account, but I helped fund a video game one time on their site and it was fast and really easy to do. They reached their funding goal and sent me a really cool collectors edition copy of the game.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear you had a great donation experience, Landon! We're glad to hear the campaign reached it's goal and if we can help with anything else during your time on GoFundMe, our Customer Happiness Team will be here to assist.

Bobby The One Montreal, QC

NO matter how much you provide and how much or lil you raise the withdrawal to your account will not happen. Providing all the bills, lease, business reg, bank info and certifications yet still they want to phish people govt ID and even or those who gave them DL, passport and all still they are awaiting money over 2 yrs. AND, they expect us to provide government ID which in Canada it is illegal, it's even written on the ID and passport: NOT to be used as ID, property of Canadian government. The privacy act is clear on that, and keeping the money hostage in return for govt ID is a federal offence here,yet they still do business here and impose these rules. I have reported them to RCMP fraud dept. They know about them, not the first person to be scammed by them. They keep replying that it's their terms, who cares, if the terms are illegal doesn't make them ok! People with positive experience are 3yrs and before, looks like mostly all negative after that. Don't try to email back and forth to explain you will not win any argument even if they know you are right. AVOID AT ALL COST! It's quite disturbing using people in need urgently and scam them like this.. I read that they use the funds to invest hence why they keep you in a loop of 'security verification' all bogus claim. Be very wary if you have money in donations, best you ask to send back to people and get them to send you directly with PP or FB donations, which I knew that before!

Tyler Jenkins Jackson, MS

GoFundMe is literally the reason I got to travel with my all-state band. It made it easy for my friends and family to help me reach my goal and travel to Japan.

Sage Loveland Los Angeles, CA

I have donated to several causes through GoFundMe. I love how easy it is to use. It makes it so effortless to give and I totally trust that the money goes where it is supposed to.

Laura Medford, OR

-1 Star: Platform Automatically added a tip, stated it would be refunded within 3-7 days. Never received and then took the refund out of the funds donated....horrid when family going through tragedy has to see a deduction in their campaign. Still no credit to my credit card over two months later.. They have 120 days to return the money and will take the entire period while I have to sit tight and wait for my $500. HUGR JOKE IN CUSTOMER SVC. Essentially none. Probably admins are sitting on a beach on their laptops responding “when they can/feel like it”. What a joke for a “goodwill” crowd sharing platform. Will never use again with all of the games they play to try and dissuade someone from disputing....you’ve met the wrong person when it comes to giving up. Not a chance. Complete FRAUD.

Anna

My sister`s nice set up a funeral fundraiser called "Arek`s Wish` to help her manage the costs of her husband`s funeral. She raised over 17 000 Canadian dollars. It happened at the beginning of July. Until today my sister has not received any money despite multiple attempts of money withdrawal. The family is devastated because they really need this support during the hardest of times and it affects their life in a very dramatic way. It seems like the raised money have been purposely held back and every day they are losing hope for a positive ending. All the donors that generously donated have been deceived as well. Cannot get over this company`s cruelty and ruthlessness. Hopefully the court will get them the money back if it comes to that. Do not use GoFundMe!

Javier Brooklyn, NY

I open a GoFundMe page to help my dad get a surgery he badly need. I notice the withdrawal failed. So I’m being trying to get an answer of why this happen. The website explain that might be cause my SSN or my Bank account number is not accurate wish is not the case. So I’m just trying to get a simple answer to see how can we fix this issue. I’m still waiting for a response from them. They say that will replay you in 24 hours. I’m being waiting days now and no one to speak with. And the worse part it’s that they don’t even have a phone number to speak with someone. The customer service is terrible. And who knows if my dad will get the help he needs and my friends help me to fund the money.

G Blythewood, SC

I set up a fund for a high school classsmate's family to help with hospital and funeral bills. We have gotten about $2k in donations but the family is having issues connecting and withdrawing funds. I submitted a help request and got an e-mail back. The GFM person asked if we could loop in the recipient. Of course, I agreed and we waited and waited and waited and she never got back to us. There is no phone support. This has been a disappointing, frustrating and time-wasting experience. Not sure how GFM has gotten this far and become a top-ranked fundraiser. Consider some other way if you're planning this.

Andrew

So a friend of mine who has fallen on hard times had his Playstation break on him and his kids. A bunch of his friends and I told him to start a go fund me and we would all chip in to help him out. So his wife started one of these go fund me accounts. Within an hour or 2 he had enough to replace his broken playstation so his children and himself could enjoy so form of entertainment. The next day I get a refund notice because my friend "violated" the terms of service for this pathetic company. We all inquired as to what the issue was when he was told that his wife needs to prove her identity. They did as instructed just to be told that it wasn't good enough and refunded everyone's money. They would not tell him or any of us why it was violated. They just used their standard refer to terms of service. Which we all looked through but could not find 1 term that was violated. To add to this absolute B.S, thanks to these scammers that is go fund me, they waited to refund me when the exchange rate was less so that I don't even get my full refund back. Their scamming ways still cost me $4. Which in all honesty is nothing for me but its the principle of them screwing all parties involved and then trying to show how wonderful they are. I truly believe that the REAL reason they canceled his go fund me was because no one donated part of their donation to their website and the choose to screw him over. NEVER would i use this scam of a website again.

Reply from GoFundMe

Hi Andrew, thanks for sharing your feedback with us. We can see our team has reached out to you regarding these issues, and we would like to confirm that we would never close a campaign or account if donors choose not to tip GoFundMe. If a campaign does not comply with our Terms & Conditions, we will remove it, but we are happy to answer any questions your friend may have.

Feb. 27th, 2019

Cindy Spring Hill, FL

I wanted $100 to go to the family but somehow it got donated to GFM. Customer service promptly refunded my $100. I had no problem with the donation itself.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thanks for sharing your kind feedback, Cindy! We never want to keep a tip you didn't mean to give to GoFundMe, and if we can help with anything else at all, our Customer Happiness Team is always here to help.

Oct. 18th, 2018

Lumary East Hartford, CT

Great experience , The customer service response team should improve theur time responding or add to Option for customer service over the phone. But overall it was a great experience and big help

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear you've had a positive experience on GoFundMe, Lumary! Our Customer Happiness Team helps thousands of people each day, and keeping all communication via email makes sure that you're never on hold over the phone. We're always looking to improve our support speed, and we'll absolutely look at a faster way of providing help! If you have any other questions or concerns while on GoFundMe, please do let our team know.

Oct. 10th, 2018

Dennis Fermin Saint Augustine, FL

Great customer service. I made an donation amount error. Super quick response and issue was taken care of propmtly. I wish all companies were like this.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're honored to receive such kind feedback, Dennis! Thank you for your kindness, and should you need any other assistance while on GoFundMe, our Customer Happiness Team is here for you.

Oct. 5th, 2018

Furtuna Hailemariam Saint Charles, MO

I love this app. I like the fact that it can help so many people in the world... just by having this cool awesome app!!!!! It’s very thoughtful and thank you!!!

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad you like our app, Furtuna! We're happy to help connect people together through our platform, and if we can help with anything else during your time on GoFundMe, please do let our team know.

chris kinnell

they pick and choose who to support ,ive begged for help as i said to who i mailed i have no friends etc on facebook and twitter is disapointing as nobody supports guys like me ,however although they choose who to support it should be reverse ,new people get support it will help new cummers to come back if you go on and dont help you leave ,but if you dont get support you still have to pay if you did get donations it would make more sense to help those with no funds thanks anyway chris #poor get poorer,rich get richer

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, Chris. GoFundMe is a do-it-yourself platform, and we aren't able to find donors for you or donate to your campaign. However, we're committed to offering the best possible tools for you to gain support on your campaign, and our Customer Happiness Team is always here to help, 24/7.

Mike Bridge

The platform makes it so easy to use and to both update and thank people that donate. The charges for processing transactions is a fair one unlike other similar platforms.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thanks for your kind words, Mike! We're glad to hear our platform is easy for you to use to contact your donors and send your thanks! Our payment processing fees help ensure the safe transfer of funds, and we're always committed to the lowest possible fees, along with our 0% platform fee. If you ever have any questions while using GoFundMe, just let our team know!

Regina Cates Beverly Hills, CA

This is my first campaign and I am still learning. The staff is very helpful with answering questions. So far this is a positive experience of helping my friend.

Reply from GoFundMe

Welcome to GoFundMe, Regina! We're glad you're able to use our platform to help your friend, and our Customer Happiness Team is always available to give the best tips for a successful campaign. If any questions come up while on GoFundMe, just let our team know, and we'll be here for you 24/7.

Aug. 31st, 2018

Pam Szczesny Leverett, MA

Very easy platform to present your story. Support staff responds quickly and thoroughly. I’ve never created a Go Fund Me Campaign before and found it easy to figure out.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad GoFundMe was easy for you to use, Pam! Thanks so much for your kind words about our Customer Happiness Team, they'll be here for you 24/7!

Aug. 23rd, 2018

Jasmyne Walker

*UPDATE* Since writing this review my issue with GFM has been resolved, but I'm going to leave this review here as it may help someone in the future. Go Fund Me had replied to my requests, but had used a different email address so the answer was in my spam folder. I never use my laptop for emails, and as spam folders are not supported on tablet, I had no idea. I had received confirmation from GFM that they had received my request email, but then nothing...so I made the assumption they were not attempting to reply to me and didnt even consider they would use a different email to make contact. I have suggested they add to their support information that they reply from a different email, and to check spam email. What a rort. There is $10k in a Stripe acc that can't be accessed (I cannot figure out why as one intial payment of $5k was paid to the beneficiary without issue) and GFM will NOT reply to my REPEATED requests over the past 3 weeks to help me pay this money to the 23yo stroke victim that our rural, small community has managed to raise the funds for. For the record Stripe have tried to help but I've been advised that ultimately GFM have precedent over the funds. THERE IS NO WAY TO CONTACT GFM.

Reply from GoFundMe

Thanks so much for sharing your feedback with us, Jasmyne. We're glad we could help get this resolved for you, and we always recommend creating a GoFundMe account with an easily accessible email. If we can help with anything else at all, please do let us know.

Jul. 31st, 2018

Kelly

I reached out to the customer service team to make some corrections on an account. The staff were amazing and helped to resolve my issue quickly. Excellent service.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear our Customer Happiness Team was able to help, Kelly! If you ever have any other questions or concerns while using GoFundMe, they'll be here to help, 24/7.

Rita Chicago, IL

Very helpful customer service. Site is easy to navigate. Having some trouble with the app in that it keeps logging me out but otherwise overall positive experience.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad to hear our Customer Happiness Team was able to help, Rita. We've made a few updates to our app and it looks beautiful and works great! If you're continuing to have that issue, please do let our team know, we're here for you 24/7.

Sonia Orlando, FL

I had an issue with the withdrawal process and the person on the other end with customer service was efficient, fast, kind and professional. I was very pleased.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our Customer Happiness Team could help during your time of need, Sonia! The team will be happy to help with any other withdrawal issues or any questions during your time on GoFundMe.

Matthew Eastridge Waco, TX

The customer service reps were extremely helpful, knowing how to fix the problem I had almost immediately. Getting everything set up was also easy to do.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to hear you had a great support experience, Matthew! Our Customer Happiness Team will be here to help if any issue comes up during your GoFundMe experience.

Stanley Glenn Lewis Studio City, CA

Because I'm currently out of the country, I was having a problem making a withdrawal. The quick, courteous and friendly email exchange helped me solve the problem?

Reply from GoFundMe

We're glad our Customer Happiness Team could help with that, Stanley! We're committed to getting your funds to you since we know they're so valuable. If we can help with anything else at all, our Happiness team is here for you, 24/7.

Linda Shawnee, KS

I really wish I'd given them a fake e-mail address. I got signed up for their e-mail list after donating to one campaign, despite never checking a box or otherwise asking to be added. I hit the unsubscribe button on multiple e-mails before finally contacting customer service, since the unsubscribe button wasn't unsubscribing me. Customer service responded quickly and got me unsubscribed, but then I got not one, not two, but THREE follow-up e-mails asking if I was happy. No guys, sorry, I'm not happy. I really didn't want any more e-mails at all. I'm sure some people would be grateful that you care this much about customer service, but I feel more like my privacy has been violated (especially since I originally asked to have my info expunged from the database, not just to be unsubscribed.)

Reply from GoFundMe

Thank you for the valuable feedback, Linda! We're always looking to improve our satisfaction survey, and with your help, we can make sure the messaging we give is as minimal as possible. We've ensured that your information has been removed and our Customer Happiness Team will always be here to help, 24/7.

marcia l o'neal Knoxville, TN

I am getting help from GO FUND ME that would not happen any where else. I am so grateful to all my friends and family for their giving on our behalf.

Reply from GoFundMe

We're so glad to be the trusted platform for you, Marcia. We hope your friends and family are able to help you reach your goal and we'll be happy to answer any questions or concerns you may have.

Jun. 12th, 2018