Chase, which merged with JPMorgan & Co to become JPMorgan Chase & Co in 2000, is one of the "big four" banks in the United States. The company offers a number of financial services, including credit cards and banking.

#1 Capital One chevron_right
#2 American Express (Amex) chevron_right
#3 Discover chevron_right

The Good

• APRs
  • Rewards
  • Fraud Safeguards

APRs

Chase offers some cards with an introductory rate of 0 percent for the first 15 months. After that, rates are very competitive among rates offered by other top credit card companies.

Rewards

Chase offers several rewards programs that allow cardholders to earn cash back rewards, bonuses, and travel points.

Fraud Safeguards

Chase works to help its customers reduce losses by catching fraudulent activity before it causes serious damage by offering monitoring and verification services. Visit Site

The Bad

• Annual Fee
  • Late Payment Penalty
  • Foreign Transaction Fee
  • No Free Credit Score Tracking

Annual Fee

Depending on the card, Chase charges annual fees that can climb pretty high, higher than industry average.

Late Payment Penalty

Late payments will incur fees, but these cahrges are competitive within the industry.

Foreign Transaction Fee

Chase charges a fee of 3 percent for foreign transactions, which can be deterring for frequent travelers. However, not every card carries this fee, and products such as the Sapphire Preferred and Sapphire Reserve have no transaction fees.

No Free Credit Score Tracking

Some companies in the industry allow their cardholders to monitor their credit scores for free. However, Chase does not offer this service.

The Bottom Line

Chase offers competitive APRs, several rewards programs, and a number of fraud safeguards. However, the company charges a few different fees, including annual fees, late payment fees, and foreign transaction fees. Further, Chase does not offer free credit score tracking.

Daniel Engel

August 7th, 2017 Arlington, VA

They were more willing to let me transfer my balance than give me a temporary promotional APR

Dan Harris

August 7th, 2017

easy to work with and easy to access account information on line!

Carlos robles

August 7th, 2017 Budd Lake, NJ

They are a great bank but hold high aprs and have not raise my limits in over a year

Carlos

August 7th, 2017 Budd Lake, NJ

Decent costumer service and interest rates are alright

Ann Kelley

August 7th, 2017

Good customer service and issues are carefully reviewed and handled in a timely manner.

Ann Falcone

Rated 9 for cusotmer service, ease of use on mobile app

Anita Van Dam

August 7th, 2017

Always willing to work with me when I have a dispute. Unlike bank of America.

Edward C Forbes

August 7th, 2017

Used it as a balance transfer card, until I paid off the balance. Beginning to use as a credit card

Glen Meyer

August 7th, 2017

They are always making sure im the one using the card with higher purchases.and i get rewards

migdalia jackson

August 7th, 2017 Fort Worth, TX

I have been with this company for more than a decade. Customer service is great

Walter Cole

August 7th, 2017

they have been very responsive to my needs

July 27th, 2017 Baltimore, MD

I have had good experiences with Chase and appreciate the cash back offers they have.

Lori Schwab

June 13th, 2017 Sandy, UT

Great customer service. I don't like paying the yearly membership fee as some of our other banks will waive it after an appropriate amount of time and good payment history.

Aubrey Rentschler

June 11th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been happy with this card. We do not have any annual fees and received a nice bonus when we signed up.

Breanna Jones

June 6th, 2017 Herriman, UT

I have been happy with my chase credit card. My only complaint is I have had more problems with fraud with this credit card that any of my other credit cards. They have been easy to work with and have overnighted me a new card every time but it is still a pain. But every single time it has been caught and they have taken action quickly.

Susan Stewart

June 6th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I've used a Chase card for the last couple of years. It is my highest interest rate from the 3 cards I have, but it is gives me some decent amazon reward points. We use Amazon a lot, and so having the rewards points go back to Amazon has been really nice. When I have had issues, it is difficult getting ahold of a person.