Cricket Logo

5.4

Founded in 1999, Cricket Wireless is one of the largest prepaid phone service providers in the United States. Cricket reviews describe a mix of both positive and negative experiences with the company's customer service, network coverage, and overall quality of service.

Cricket Wireless provides some type of 4G LTE network coverage over most of the United States and offers international texting, data, and calls in select countries. The company claims to have upwards of 98 percent nationwide connectivity (which was bolstered by its acquisition by AT&T), allegedly covering more of the U.S. than several competitors.

Another important aspect that drives Cricket’s corporate DNA is data throttling. Every client gets a certain amount of high-speed data that comes with their plan each billing cycle, even if the plan is marketed as "unlimited." If a customer exceeds their allotted high-speed data usage amount, they notice a significant slowing of their Internet and data services. As a user approaches their monthly allowance, they may notice a slower data speed.

Jennifer Van Buskirk is the current company president. Recently, the FCC approved AT&T’s $1.2 billion merger with Leap, Cricket’s parent company.

T-Mobile Logo
#2 T-Mobile chevron_right
3.7
AT&T Logo
#3 AT&T chevron_right
3.8

The Good

• Large Selection
  • Cell Phone Plans
  • Add-On Features
  • No Contract
  • Customer Service
  • Discounts
  • Plan Changes

Large Selection

With a large selection of smartphone and other device options, customers are able to find a phone that fits their needs, including the new Samsung Galaxy S20. Although some pre-pay cellular services do not include Apple products, Cricket has the iPhone. In the past, users of prepaid services had a hard time finding the latest iPhone and users of prepaid phone services often had to settle for an older generation model. That is no longer the case.

Current customers appreciate the number of Android models that are available. While there are not that many Windows phones to choose from, Cricket does offer two nice Nokia models. Overall, the best variety of phones comes through Android-driven phones. All of Cricket's phones come with the standard operating systems that are on the market, including Android, iOS, and Windows.

To use your current phone with a new Cricket prepaid plan, you can purchase a $10 SIM card or bring an unlocked LTE-compatible device.

Cell Phone Plans

Cricket's basic monthly plan options include:

• Talk and Text: unlimited calls and texts, but no data or picture/video messages ($25 per line)
  • 2 GB: Unlimited talk and texts and 2 GB data access ($30 per line)
  • 5 GB: Unlimited calls and texts and 5 GB data access ($40 per line)

The Unlimited plan, which costs $55 per month or $50 after the Auto Pay credit, includes:

• Unlimited data access with upload speeds up to 3 Mbps
  • Video streaming at SD quality, about 480p
  • Unlimited calling, texts, and picture messages in the U.S.
  • Unlimited texts from the U.S. to 37 countries
  • Data access plus unlimited calls, texts, and picture messages to and from Canada and Mexico
  • HD voice and WiFi calling with compatible phone

The Unlimited Extra plan includes all the features of the Unlimited plan, plus unlimited high-speed data access with faster 4G LTE speeds, and 15 GB of mobile hotspot on compatible devices.

Cricket's unlimited data plan works well for family plans: You get four lines with unlimited data for $100 per month. Keep in mind that unlimited data refers to both high-speed data and lower-speed data. After 22 GB of high-speed data usage, Cricket may slow speeds.

Also, the Auto Pay credit is not available with multiline discounts or on promotional offers.

Add-On Features

Cricket offers these features as monthly add-ons at a reasonable price:

• Cricket Protect, which covers you from device loss, theft, or malfunction ($7 per month)
  • Cricket International, which adds international communication coverage ($5-15 per month)
    Individual Country Add-Ons, which include calling minutes and unlimited text, picture, and video messaging to Colombia, Costa Rica, Cuba, Dominican Republic, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Jamaica, Nicaragua, Philippines, and Vietnam ($10-15 per month)
  • 1 GB High Speed, which can be used when the high-speed access included in your base rate plan is gone ($10 per month)
  • Mobile Hotspot, which makes your cell phone a Wi-Fi hotspot to which you can connect your laptop or tablet to the Internet on the go (also called tethering). This add-on is only available with current
  • Unlimited plans and select grandfathered plans ($10 per month)

Cricket offers 30 GB, 10 GB, and 3 GB data-only plans for hotspot data usage.

No Contract

Cricket has all the bells and whistles of a contract provider but doesn't require the contract.

There are plenty of storefront locations to get help with your Cricket wireless plan. For the most part, Cricket Wireless reviews report that Cricket does a good job of providing quality customer service. Prospective customers can speak to Cricket customer service using the live chat feature on the website.

Discounts

The 5 GB, Unlimited, and Unlimited Extra plans are eligible for savings with Auto Pay credit and group save discounts. Families can save up to $100 per month in discounts for up to five lines. Cricket does also offer a discount for each plan if you set up an automatic payment every month.

Plan Changes

Because the company does not require a contract, you can change your Cricket phone plan anytime you'd like for no charge. Once you switch plans, your plan will take effect immediately, unless you decide to wait until your next billing cycle. However, note that you can only change your plan twice per billing cycle, and any change may affect your current discounts.

Cricket Wireless also mandates that no more than one plan change per phone number can be scheduled to start on the next billing cycle.

The Bad

• Data Throttling
  • High-Speed Unused Data Expires Monthly
  • Limited International Coverage
  • Claims Limits
  • Mixed Reviews

Data Throttling

While the data throttling option makes it easier for Cricket to "spread" data around and avoid charging overage fees, data throttling does kick in when a user is still within their allotted high-speed data amount for the month. This may make it difficult for users to check their email, surf the net, or access optimal download speeds for other purposes.

High-Speed Unused Data Expires Monthly

When purchasing the 1 GB high-speed data add-on, any high-speed unused data you have at the end of the month expires each cycle. So if you don't use up all of your additional data, you pay for it anyway.

Limited International Coverage

With the Cricket Unlimited plan, customers can call, text, and use data in Mexico and Canada. However, in the additional 37 countries with coverage, calls are not covered — only text message communication including picture/video messages. To access coverage in additional countries, you need to purchase an individual country monthly add-on.

Claims Limits

The Cricket Protect add-on covers a maximum replacement value of $1500 per claim of loss, theft, accidental physical damage or liquid damage, in-warranty exchanges, and out-of-warranty malfunction, which is really good coverage. However, each customer is limited to two claims per 12 months. For the accident-prone customer, two claims may not be enough.

Mixed Reviews

Cricket Wireless reviews are mixed, which makes it difficult to decide if the cell phone provider is a trustworthy company. Many reviews highlight poor customer service and slow data, while also appreciating Cricket's low price and affordable plans. If you want to learn more, you can find Cricket Wireless reviews below.

The Bottom Line

There are pros and cons to the Cricket Wireless prepaid plans. The service provider features the latest Android, iOS, and Windows operating systems and the latest phones.

Cricket offers flexible plans and includes optional add-ons that let users customize their phone plans as needed, with variable data plans and lines needed per account. Cricket does a good job with multi-line discounts with a four-member family plan costing only $100 per month.

However, one of Cricket's major downfalls — like any major carrier — is its data throttling. When you reach your data limit, your Internet usage will dramatically slow and will not pick back up again until the start of your next billing cycle.

View Best Cell Phone Providers

3.4

Laura Oravetz Denver, CO

My old cell phone died yesterday so I went to my cricket store on W. Alameda in Lakewood (Belmar), CO. I was taken right away by Bianca who was incredibly helpful. I am 71 and needed an easy to operate phone. She helped me with the choices that would be best for me and then helped with my selection. Also, gave me several choices for a case cover. She was able to transfer everything from my dead phone to the new one and explained anything I needed to know. I so appreciate the customer service I received.

Cricket lover Stevens Point, WI

They basically have a very caring staff. I used to go to Cellcom. And Cellcom refused to allow me to get a new phone. So I switched to cricket. They are very easygoing. I also tried Sprint. Sprint wasn't so easygoing with caring over the number. Cricket has been everything more. There is one major annoyance or bad thing. The customer service is usually really great. But one time, The service couldn't figure out how to transfer a sim. Not much of a big deal. I just had to tell them how to do it. But I think they were new or in training. Anyways. I like cricket. They deserve a reward.

J R Raleigh, NC

I've been with Cricket for more than four years and have found them to be very reliable. I also like the money I have saved also.

Unicornmaskid Kissimmee, FL

We have been with Cricket for about 4 years now and have never had any major problems. The girl at the store Jamie has always been so nice and helpful every time my husband and I have wanted to upgrade. I think the company is great.

Pazzo Miami Plant City, FL

I had Cricket a few years ago. The signal was really bad. Very good price but you get what you pay for. I guess if one day I’m in need this would be an alternative.

michelle kidd Lima, OH

I have had the worst time since switching to Cricket I have a note 10 and was told I needed to upgrade to their phones because mine wasn't compatible with their network REALLY? 🤣. I get the runaround between the store and when you have to call on phone to speak to tech. They both pass me back and forth like a tennis ball. I had verizon before them and just wanted cheaper phone bill and let's be frank I got a bigger headache with my phone dropping calls and not being able to hear on phone and lousy reception and showing only 3g network. Had hopes for cricket and I wish I could have had better experience with them. Back to Verizon I go I guess.

MindyV Lubbock, TX

I was really happy when I switched to Cricket Wireless. I was able to get me and my son better quality of phones than we'd previously had. And the employee was great. The problem with Cricket Wireless is that they have NO CLUE how to process auto payments. You get a discount for having your account set up on auto pay but they don't know how to process them. One time they took money from another customer's auto pay and applied it to my account. I chatted with them about my auto pay and they said that everything went through and that I was fine, even though money hadn't been taken out of my account. Once they realized the mistake, several days after I talked to them about it, they decided that they were going to double charge me for their mistake. Auto pay shouldn't be tricky at all!!!! It should automatically take money out of the debit card that is on the account at the time the payment is due. That should be simple. But apparently it's not.

Janet F Price Patterson, LA

Cricket is a good provider. I have no problems, my service is great. I been with Cricket for a couple of years and I had no drops with this service. Customers service is great.

Janette Vogel Fairfield Bay, AR

I have been a Cricket consumer for 10 years. Since they are on the same towers as AT&T, I find the company very reliable. If you are not computer or cellphone savvy, you may want to go with AT&T unless you happen to have a Cricket store nearby as you will need to know a few things about your cellphone in order to start using Cricket. Though, if you can follow directions without getting aggravated, getting started with Cricket is not too difficult. I have 4 phones connected to my account with unlimited text and internet for a nice low price. I love Cricket!

Shauna Mays Tucson, AZ

I love myphone service with Cricket. I have had nothing but great incounters with there employees. Great service great plans. Great phones

Jana Price Texas City, TX

We LOVE this company! Our phones always work. If we have a problem we go to our local store and they correct whatever seems to be the problem.

Loretta Ricker Wichita, KS

i like the coverage.it is good but their customer service is very bad.I had a phone for over 6 months.Then went in to the cricket store to upgrade to a better phone.They checked my account to see if i was eligible for a upgrade which i was.if it had not been 6 months they would have said not eligible for the good price i gave my older phone to a family member.Well cricket locked my older phone.which i paid for it is mine.They lied and said they will not unlock the older phone because it was only used 3 months.Flat out lie.Any way it should not matter.it is my phone.I paid for it.cricket says they are a no contract company.That is a lie then.Cricket has no right to keep my older phone locked.to try and force me to use their service for another person i gave the phone to.I have been with cricket for 10 years I should have already left.Their cusfomer service is bad.so if you buy a cricket phone.They will keep it locked.No contract should mean you can decide not to use their service.But they will keep your phone locked.Like illegal black mail it seems.Their are other better companies that do not act like this.At & T owns cricket.and i turned off my home phone because they put services on my home phone without permission all the time.Crooks and liars.Cricket should be ashamed of treating people mean.They should do the right thing and unlock my old phone.

Diane Erwin The Bronx, NY

Just switched to cricket after being approved by EBB. Have verification of approval. Cricket customer service not able to set up EBB!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Phyllis Howie Charlotte, NC

I went to Cricket because the phone company i was with i couldn't get service everywhere but with Cricket i now can get service everywhere and i am very pleased with this company

Charles S. Kew Gardens, NY

I was a former Verizon customer and became fed up with their high prices for my simple needs, placing phone calls a few text messages a month that I thought I would switch to one of the lower end carriers, I did brief research and discovered that cricket was owned by at&t and that the penalty would be slower download speeds, I'm not a gamer nor do I watch lengthy videos on my phone so I felt let's give them a try. I couldn't have been happier. Their customer service has been great and living in the metro area signal strength is no problem. Now y this is the draw back, if you switch to one of their plans where a free out inexpensive phone is given you will notice the download speeds but if you option for a phone with faster processing speeds you should be quite happy with them.

Hilary Power Tucson, AZ

Great price and great service. Never had a problem with service and my bill is the same every month.

David Simpson Grove, OK

Cricket provides us with the same service as AT&T for about half the price. Very happy with service and phone upgrades.

Mr. Glass Greenville, NC

I've been with cricket for a looooong time. I now have a Nokia phone and it is TRASH. I called 4 times in one day because of the freezing. I use my phone for work and because of it I'm losing money. I contacted c.s. and they followed the same script, reset and good bye. Got hung up twice because of their incompetence. This company does not care if your phone isn't working, they do care if you pay your bill. And if you don't they cut you off, but what if their service isn't working? Oh yeah they don't care but they still expect you to pay a bill on a service that doesn't work. I know you don't care cricket but I'm moving on. Signed, a no longer loyal customer. I'll give my money to a company who cares.

OverItAll Leesburg, FL

Cricket was good for the most part. The hidden charges were not welcome but I suppose all major providers have them. The wait times were unacceptable, and sometimes the store closed without warning for a day or two. But the connection was reliable even with the old phone that I brought.

Bradley Extream Chicago, IL

I think cricket is a great value just as good if as AT&t the customer service isn't bad their products are pretty good I got service just about everywhere I was and had very few drop calls for the money you can't beat them

A. Taylor Panama City, FL

My favorite cellular has been Cricket Mobile. The network coverage and quality are as good as any I've ever used. The monthly plans are simple, straight forward, all encompassing, and reliable as well as very cost effective. High quality and dependability have been consistent qualities of cricket. I highly recommend it.

Shaya Espino Meridian, ID

I just experienced the best possible customer service experience from Cricket, customer service repressive Emee, at the Cricket store in Meridian on Cherry. I was looking for a case for my phone and Emee was just amazing with her assistance and professional skills. She greeted me as soon as I came in the door and was sincere and paid attention to what my need was! I really appreciated her help today; she made my day a happy one. I have been a good Cricket customer for many years and have always been happy with my phone service but I had always felt the customer service was lacking until I met Emee today. Cricket needs to hire more reps like her. Thank you Cricket, for better customer service. Shaya Espino

Jeff Hogans Seattle, WA

service is cheap, but you pay later when you find out you are out of service and support is taking hours to answer the phone

Lizeth Iniguez Calexico, CA

Very reliable telephone service. At a good price too. Very reliable phone connection

chad c Boise, ID

the ppl where nice and the coverage was good but now in my area it has went poor and they show no sign of fixing it at this time

Joanne_motherofanangel Shelby, NC

From customer service to where my phone picks up. I rate it 10 stars! Great cell phone service too

Johnny Flores jr Dallas, TX

I am a recent costumer and happy with their rates and plans. Free calling to Mexico is awesome especially with family in Mexico.

Gloria Gooden Norcross, GA

I was paying 50 on my bill till next paycheck. They put me on bridgepay. I get paid every 2 weeks living paycheck to paycheck. Now they say i have to pay 104 dollars to restore service not deducting the 50 i already paid plus 15 reconnect when my friend who is white only pays 5 for reconnect fee. Now to get my service going i have to break down and pay. I am 52 with alot of doctor bills and meds to get and i just lost 50 because cricket screwed up. Horrible company i hate i have to stay.

Liz Colorado Springs, CO

Bought our phones years ago. iPhone 8+ and Android. No contact paid on time. Our phones were on auto pay. For some unknown reason the Android was removed. I called and was assured by rep that it would be fixed. The website makes it impossible to do this you’re self. Adding lines isn’t for fixing it. NO one ever told me you have to go to the store! I my husband started getting text messages a day or so to pay his bill. Last bill was due on 12-27-20 I sent payment and it sat so was charged $14.00 extra to reactivate his phone again! This happened 3 times! Cricket holds payment so service stops then you have to pay for reactivating. Decided to go elsewhere. Not one person ever told us if you’re phones are locked you can’t go elsewhere and have your # ported to use! Also informed that both our account numbers were incorrect at store and both employees stated, per corporate we are not allowed to give the numbers to you or unlock phones! Unbelievable! Employees said to call corporate office there in store and the rep said ‘Cricket refuses to unlock phones unless we pay for another month +activation fees. ‘ By now steam is coming out of my ears. I called spoke to a rep Maria demanded our account numbers she was very apologetic and stated the two employees at the Colorado Springs store on Academy wrong in everything they did and said.We meet the having service for at least 6 months. We are senior citizens on a fixed income. Daughter got me a Track phone so if any emergency can get help. My husband bought a new phone elsewhere with a carrier that doesn’t lock any of your devices. How does Cricket get away with this practice is beyond my understanding. DO NOT USE CRICKET EVER!!!. Companies like this should be put out of business or ever.

Margie Marcial Phoenix, AZ

This morning I called CUSTOMER CARE due to the fact that they suspended my account, when I still had 5 service days left on my account. They mentioned to me that it was due to adding 30GB of Hot Spot data last night, when I did not. I actually called they automated line and added only 15GB of Hot Spot data and paid for it over the phone and was even given a confirmation number. Still, they wanted me to pay the full amount due on my account, which was my normal plan, plus pay for the additional hotspot they added to my account without my approval. The CSR claimed she could not do anything about it, so in order to cut my service back on, I had to be placed on their Bridge Pay and forced to pay half of my bill that was supposed to be due on the 26th. If this is how they trick people into paying for their mistakes, then it's not a good company to get involved with. They could have fixed their mistake, but chose not to. They'd rather make their customers pay additional services against their wishes by suspending their customers account and giving them no other option but to pay for their plan way before their bill is even due. They could have just had me pay for the 15GB of hotspot they added and reactivated my account since I had 5 service days left and my bill wasn't due until the 26th. Terrible phone provider, no different than Metro PCS. Will be switching providers due to how they treated this situation. Very shady, and not a trustworthy company to get involved with. Plus they sell your information, which you will get tons of spam calls/texts, which all they'll do is tell you to enter your phone number in some website to have it unlisted, which doesn't work whatsoever.

Larry L Nielson Boise, ID

The price is reasonable and the service at there store was good - very helpful. You get monthly reminders before your monthly charge is taken out of your checking account which is helpful.

Lizzy Puentes Tallahassee, FL

Cricket phone services is one of the best I have had. The data is high speed and I have cellular service most places I go to. The plans are very affordable and features like hotspot and international calls are also helpful. The only downside is sometimes I will have good cellular service but the internet will sometimes act a little slow.

Norma J Roberts Warren, MA

Been a Cricket customer for couple years. Brought my sister in to local store and told agent I was bringing in a referral. Agent assisted me in applying for the referral using the app on my phone. The referral code was sent to my sisters phone and the agent proceeded to set up her service. He directed her to enter the referral code when she went online to set up auto . Upon doing so a message said "not eligible". When calling customer support I'm told it was an error and they would fix it. When they didn't I called again and was told the referral is denied because it was entered after the service began. That is so not correct and there is no changing their mind. I will not be referring anyone else.

Gary G. Sherman, TX

All the employees were very helpful especially the manager and Pedro. Very courteous and friendly as well as professional. I will happily return there for all my cellular needs. (My only suggestion is to provide earbud adapters for anytime purchase)

Mike Lawrence, KS

My family has the "unlimited" 4 phones for $100 a month plan. For the most part Cricket we are happy with the service EXCEPT for one item. Cricket limits group texts to 10 people max. I have a group of 15 people that I have to text, but with Cricket I can only do 10 at a time. Verizon, Sprint, etc have no limit. This seems to be an arbitrary limit set by Cricket. This is my only complaint, otherwise I'd give them 5 stars.

Miranda Grand Blanc, MI

Unlimited data access* with speeds up to 3 Mbps Video streaming at SD quality (about 480p) Unlimited calls, texts and picture messages across the U.S. Unlimited texts from the U.S. to 37 countries Data access plus unlimited calls, texts and picture messages to and from Mexico, Canada and the U.S.

Charles E Mickler Auburn, GA

Best cell phone company I've ever worked with. They are easy to switch to, provide excellent service in all areas at the best prices for those services. Customer service is knowledgeable and friendly as well as easy to use online, by phone or in store.

Amanda Drews Arlington, TX

I love Cricket! I can afford cell service for 3 people thanks to them! Their customer service has been awesome and every person I have talked to has been patient with my questions and hemming and hawing over which phone I wanted. They took their time to make sure I understood the differences and pros and cons.

Gold Silver Flower Saint Paul, MN

Cricket is the best option when it comes to phone services. I always use Cricket since it it’s easier. Most of my family use Cricket since I use it. I introduced them to Cricket so now all of my family have a wonderful experience with Cricket company. Xoxo

Maru Gallegos Calexico, CA

Very happy! More than 5 years with it Reasonable rates and very good service.

Linda Pankow Port Charlotte, FL

Good phones and rates....customer service always helpful....

Sierra Beck Herriman, UT

I've had cricket for a couple of years and I'm very pleased with the service. I've gone into the mountains for a vacation and had service when nobody else in my family did. Cricket reached more places than Verizon did at that particular location. I also love that I've been getting more data a month without paying more money. My plan gets upgraded by a GB of data a month every so often.

Jack Hogan Tucson, AZ

Anyone who gives Cricket a 5-star review is either being held at gunpoint or just scrolls through Internet Explorer all day looking at dog memes. Their service coverage is laughable at best with speeds that make the Stone Age look more technologically advanced. Please, if you want to spare your family the trouble of having to wait 5 business days to watch a youtube video, I would suggest that you go with literally any other service provider.

Jesse Rivera Patchogue, NY

Cricket shipped an order that I had already cancelled through an agent. Then told me to call Fed Ex to cancel but Fed Ex claims the shipper, Cricket" put restrictions on the delivery that it can only be cancelled at the time of delivery. So now I have to wait until it gets delivered to cancel it and then wait for my refund. Very dishonest and shady!

Phabie Mobile, AL

Great family plans with a decent amount of data to stream. The only downfall is that your connection may be slow at times. Overall good value for your money.

Estella Silva Mission, TX

I have not had a problem with Cricket Service or customer service, They have an easy to use payment portal and their phone selection is great.

John ,

I decided to switch to Cricket on October 15, at 12:40pm. I've used Cricket in the past and never had any problems. They were a great company, low price, and descent enough data speeds. So, I didn't think anything of returning to them now. However, this time around, the data speeds were very slow at my home. I could hardly get anything done online and it was near impossible to get my computer to connect to the WIFI hotspot. I was disappointed, so I decided to switch again. Cricket has a 7 day return policy, so I didn't think it I'd have any trouble. I brought the phone back to the same location at about 12pm today, October 22. Correct me if I'm wrong, but a day is 24 hours. I should have until October 22, 12:40pm, right? Well, Cricket counts the full day I started service, even before I was actually with them. To me, that's just misleading and dishonest. I wish I had been able to switch away and return the phone before today, so there wouldn't be any question. It's sad because I went from simply a little dissatisfied with the speeds to completely against Cricket. I would have still recommended them to a friend and thought they were a great company. Now, I want nothing to do with them. That was a complete waste of nearly $100. By the way, they also have an activation fee of $25. I thought that was a little messed up. But, that's not the main issue I wanted to write this review for. I don't recommend Cricket Wireless.

D. R Phoenix, AZ

My payment was scheduled for the 25th of the month. It was taken out 2 times. I call cricket and the person i spoke to started ticket on it and assured me i would definetly get my money back and any overdraft fee i could incur as well. Then hours later i get a call from Cricket telling me no they would not give me my money back, that they dont so refunds and all they would do was pit it toward next months bill. Now mind you i explained to them i am on a fixed SSI income and this would cause a chain event of all of my other bills now being late because once my ssi check is deposited it is automatically going to take out for the $50 i was overcharged and also a $30 overdraft fee. Their response was oh well nothing we can do we will not be giving your money back it will go on your next bill. I also explained to them that this will cause 6 of us in our household to drop our service with them and she didnt care because hey they already have my money. I advise you to think twice before going with Cricket because they will take your money and not care the harm it can cause. Especially with everything we are going theough with Covid 19. Cricket is doing nothing to help their customes during this time..

Missy Charleston, IL

I have been with Cricket for several years and have no intention of changing anytime soon. The service is great in this small town in the midwest and the price can't be beat.

Laura Powell Melbourne, FL

If you came to this page to check out Cricket & are thinking of transferring services. DO NOT DO IT. RUN!!! I had ATT for 18 years, switched to Cricket to save money a year ago. Dumbest thing I could have done. Service is subpar and phones do not last. After a year I was forced to upgrade and this issue began: A week of customer service nightmare: Fri - ordered new phone online Mon - phone delivered, attempted to activate online. Received a message to call Customer Service so I did. They couldn't activate it so a ticket was put in and "it'll be fixed within 24 hours" They tell me they'll call with an update, I point out my phone doesn't work & I can't be reached that way. They tell me to call in for updates. Tues - no phone, I call & my line was suspended. But they don't know why. At first they said it's because I owed them money (didn't/don't - autopay & bought the phone outright) then they tell me it's a glitch on their end & it'll be fixed in 24 hours (nevermind the first 24 hours) Again I'm told they'll call me with an update. We have the same discussion & I ask to be emailed updates. Wed - no phone, call & chat customer service. Still no fix but you guessed it, it'll be fixed within 24 hours (see a theme? I do too but it's okay because that goes out the window in a moment) Again I'm told they'll call me with an update. We have the same discussion & I ask to be emailed updates. (we have this same convo multiple times a day) Thurs - no phone. I chat customer service & it'll be fixed ASAP. Thurs night I call in & after quite a few rounds I'm told it'll be fixed in 4 - 7 business days. Yes, you read that right. FOUR TO SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS. I do not have a phone because of an issue on their side & I'm supposed to wait 4-7 business days after already waiting 3. This is all the first time they've changed it up from the "Fixed in 24 hours" I begin talking to Metro PCS about switching & what I need to do. Guess what? I can't transfer since my line is suspended. I get back on chat with Cricket & they cannot restore my old account ( I told them I don't care if the phone works, I just need whatever to transfer). I"m literally stuck with NO phone, a full monthly bill & nothing to show for it. AND I CAN'T LEAVE. I'm being held hostage. I also cannot take the phone I bought outright because I have not had it activated with Cricket for 6 months. So yeah, no contract but even if you buy your phone outright you don't own it for 6 months. The customer service is horrendous. If you get someone on the phone they're likely to accidentally disconnect you. I've had supervisors straight up hang up on me. I cannot call anyone other than customer service & go through the entire spiel of what's wrong to get an update on the ticket #. They haven't even offered me any kind of rebate or discount, just keep telling me they're sorry for the inconvenience. I WANT OUT. If you've stuck with me this long, please heed my warning and DO NOT sign up with Cricket. You will regret it.