Omega Auto Care Logo

Omega Auto Care

8.6

LAST UPDATED: September 29th, 2022

Omega Auto Care is a car warranty provider. Mechanical car repairs can be costly and Omega aims to "take the stress out of auto repairs and surprise maintenance" for car owners with its quality car protection. Its vehicle service contract covers the repair bill, based on the level of coverage you choose.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Robert

"Each time I have needed them they have been there. It takes very little effort. The dealership contacts them in a timely manner and expedites the repairs on my vehicle. When I've had an issue they've been very responsive to my needs."

View Omega Auto Care Customer Reviews

Omega Auto Care provides car warranty plans which are different from a factory warranty because they can be purchased outside of the automotive company that the car was purchased from. Omega Auto Care strives to offer quality customer service and simple car warranty auto repair claims. Omega Auto Care also offers a maintenance benefit package that is complimentary during the first year. This repair offer makes Omega Auto Care stand out from other car warranty companies.

Omega Auto Care refunds the posted labor rates at repair facilities instead of refunding the national average, which can be lower than posted labor rates. This reimbursement method benefits Omega Auto Care clients by ensuring that they do not have to worry about paying the difference between the national average and the listed rates. Omega Auto Care is also a member of the Vehicle Protection Association.

The Good

• Provides a Variety of Warranty Plans
  • Roadside Assistance for All
  • Available in 46 States
  • Customer Service
  • Additional Maintenance Coverage

Provides a Variety of Plans

Omega Auto Care offers vehicle owners three different warranty coverage protection plans, common to the industry

• New Exclusionary
  • Used Stated Coverage
  • Powertrain Protection

The cost for each of these plans varies, but the extended auto warranty prices at Omega Auto Care start at $59.99.

New Exclusionary Plan

The New Exclusionary Plan is a vehicle warranty for models that are no older than seven years and have less than 100,000 odometer miles when the customer purchases the contract. This plan offers the company's highest level of coverage, out of all the vehicle service contracts offered by Omega Auto Care. It offers comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Used Stated Coverage

The Used Stated Coverage Plans are for vehicles that are no older than ten years and have less than 150,000 odometer miles. This plan offers slightly less coverage than the New Exclusionary plan. Still, it offers nearly comprehensive coverage on the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axles, heating system, cooling system, fuel system, suspension, brakes, and more.

Powertrain Protection Plan

The Powertrain Protection Plan is for car models that are less than 15 years old and have less than 250,000 odometer miles. The Powertrain coverage options have three different options; Powertrain Enhanced, Powertrain Plus, and Powertrain. The Powertrain Plan has the least amount of coverage, then Powertrain Plus, followed by Powertrain Enhanced.

All three Powertrain plans offer coverage on many components of the engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and more. However, they have limitations when it comes to the A/C, steering, brakes, suspension, and other areas of the car.

Roadside Assistance for All

Each contract with Omega Auto Care includes 24-hour roadside assistance, which consists of the following benefits:

• towing
  • jump starts
  • partial reimbursement for flat tire repairs
  • vehicle fluid delivery
  • lockout services
  • flat tire repair payment help
  • rental car reimbursement
  • trip interruption assistance

Available in 46 States

Omega Auto Care is available in 46 states in the United States, including Washington, D.C. Omega Auto Care’s wide range of coverage makes it possible for more cars to be covered.

FYI, Omega Auto Care does not currently offer warranty plans in the following four states:

• California
  • Minnesota
  • Rhode Island
  • Washington

Overall, according to the reviews found on Best Company, Omega Auto Care customers are fairly satisfied with their customer service experience. Many of the verified Omega Auto Care reviews mention Omega Auto Care’s customer service and claim filing system as a strong point. Customers report that its customer service is friendly, knowledgeable, and quick when it comes to their questions and car repairs.

Whenever customers experience a problem with their vehicles, Omega Auto Care advises that they immediately pull over and call the roadside assistance provider included in their warranty. The tow company will tow the customer's vehicle to a nearby repair facility. When it comes to filing a claim, the customer first needs to call Omega Auto Care to begin the claim process. From there, Omega Auto Care will make sure that the customer's car is diagnosed to determine where the car failure is occurring.

The customer can utilize the rental car option if the maintenance repair is approved. Omega Auto Care keeps the claim system as simple as possible by picking the customer up, towing the vehicle to the repair shop, providing a rental car, and paying the maintenance bill for the repair services. Omega Auto Care strives to make it easy to take advantage of its vehicle protection coverage.

Additional Maintenance Coverage

Omega Auto Care is one of the only providers that offer a free maintenance benefit package with their plans. The maintenance benefits include oil changes, a battery change, a brake pad replacement, cooling system maintenance and lube, and safety inspections. This maintenance package can be valued at up to $500.

The Bad

• No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles
  • Limited Coverage Plans

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While Omega Auto Care covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Limited Coverage Plans

While Omega Auto Care offers three different extended warranty plans, there are other vehicle warranty companies that offer more warranty options. Furthermore, if a car is older than 15 years or has more miles than 250,000 odometer miles, there are no car warranty plans available through Omega Auto Care.

The Bottom Line

Choosing the right service contract for you from a trustworthy warranty company is essential. Omega Auto Care offers its clients plenty of coverage options to choose from to ensure they can get the amount of coverage right for them. Omega Auto Care is available almost everywhere in the United States, making it accessible for most people.

Omega Auto Care offers quality customer assistance to answer your questions quickly and process your claims promptly.

If Omega Auto Care interests you, call an Omega Auto Care representative to ensure the company offers coverage in your area and for your vehicle.

Timothy Capitol Heights, MD

My contract person that I've been talking to is doing all right. Everything that was required that I needed was offered to me. I'm very satisfied with the refund session that you offer when a customer approaches our pocket costs. The refund doesn't take too long to come back. Their response time sometimes can be low getting back to you, but once they do as I mentioned, therein no hassle. They go right through the requirements.

Kathy Chenango Forks, NY

I work with a girl that helped me every time I needed to get something done. She takes care of me very well. She helps me get the money to the people that get the work done. I got my oil changed done. I got my free windshield wipers done. I got other things as well. Sometimes you get a run around.

Tommyeruth Houston, TX

I was told I was gonna get oil changes and that wasn't the case. I didn't get the discount that I was assuming I was going to get for the battery. I wish they would honor their advertisement.

Donald Washington, PA

I like it because it protects my truck all around and we used to travel a lot. The price is good and it does protect everything. I pay $250 for a year of coverage. It covers the oil, breakpads, and all that stuff. I have the plan on my wife's car and my truck. So far they paid me for an oil change for my wife, but not mine. I haven't heard back from them on that and it's been over a month.

James Meherrin, VA

I've had a good experience with it, haven't had any problems, they take care of what they aresupposed to do.

Customer support is not that great because it takes a while to contact them. One time we used it for an oil change and it covered less than half.

Pauline Roanoke, VA

My overall experience with them was very good. Whenever I tried calling, there was always someone there to be with me. They are not bad, I would rate the company a nine out of ten. It was satisfying. They are always there, I would go with them again.

John Vero Beach, FL

I got it on my one car and I was so happy with the quality of the of the program that I called them immediately to put my second car under warranty as well. They respond well and quickly. The dealer was unbelievably happy and impressed with Omega.

Keith Crestview, FL

When I needed some work done on the vehicle it was done in a timely matter. My water pump went out when I purchased the vehicle. And I was able to get it fixed right away. Another time my AC went out, and I was able to get that fixed as well. I'm very happy with them, I don't have any complaints.

Nicholas Rio Rancho, NM

It is definitely worth the money. My transmission went out on the car. And I bought the dealership. They took care of it. The process of getting my car fixed after bringing it in to the shop could go a little bit quicker, within the next day would be nice. Just as soon as possible.

Julia Saint Augustine, FL

It has been a top notch service. I'm very happy with them. I was surprised to find out that they covered oil changes when they covered mine. Any questions I had were answered immediately and the customer service has been awesome.

Anonymous Talladega, AL

They always call when I take my car in to have anything done to it and then Omega gets signed on it and they do what they're supposed to do. I've never had them refuse to pay when they were supposed to like when I got the car serviced or had to have anything done to it.

Michael Albuquerque, NM

Easy to deal with, friendly, and very informative. I was looking around for car warranties and Omega stood out because they covers oil changes. I found that more interesting and more valuable - something I would use more often than having a major breakdown. Also they're affordable. They saved me a few dollars on repairs - on my brakes - and it would have cost me more out of pocket without Omega. It was pretty simple.

Kevin Roanoke Rapids, NC

They're not always prompt with the call back and sometimes I have trouble getting a call back when I've been trying to deal with an issue.

Anonymous Oklahoma City, OK

The process time is a little slow. It is nice and convenient. Reimbursement also took a while.

Chatiqua Pittsburgh, PA

The first time I ever tried to use my warranty the items weren't covered then when I used the warranty I had to wrestle reimbursement. I had a rental car three weeks while the transmission in my car was replaced but they only reimbursed me sixty dollars for one day.

Delvaughn Thonotosassa, FL

It's just been great with communicating with them. They covered all but $12 out of my $75 oil change. My money was well spent. It is a good warranty company and I stand behind it.

Robin Edenton, NC

I had some maintenance work done on my car and the company that was doing it didn't want to go directly to Omega and they wanted me to take care of that, so they gave me the receipt. I sent it in to Omega and they sent me back the money. They did take care of the situation that I had and they were pretty prompt about it.

Anonymous Spartanburg, SC

I am very likely to recommend them. They answered all my questions. I needed an oil change verified by omega and they contacted me to do so. Then I contacted them and they got right back with me, they told me what was needed and I did it and turned the paperwork in, it was very easy.

Wayne Brooklyn, NY

I already recommended them to someone. They have a great plan that fits my budget. I didn't have any problems, everything went smoothly. There was only one time working on some brakes and I called about the brakes but the dealership let me go through and I ended up paying out of pocket for it.

Connie Dayton, OH

They always explain things to me so that I can understand and are always very helpful.

Jakell Petersburg, VA

I had to use my warranty for oil change and everything went smooth according to the plan

Gregory Bethlehem, PA

Sometimes the service was a little slow. They messed up some of my financial stuff one time when they changed systems or something and the payment didn't go through, so that was my only glitch so far with omega. I just recently used my warranty in the car dealer negotiating column and it worked out. Everything that needed to be done worked out perfect. I'm satisfied overall

Debbie Roanoke, VA

I got this to protect my car in the future in unexpected you know things. I wish they would at least accept phone calls on weekend or just on Saturday's at least. I went to get an oil change for the initial purchase and I ended up having to pay for it myself because there was no one in on Saturday (the only time that I could actually have it done). They told me they would reimburse me, but they ended up just taking care of the next on.

Lysandra Davila Lilburn, GA

It takes them a long time to return your maintenance money back. I have submitted receipts and I still have not had the money returned. Also this basically doesn't cover anything. They also take a long time to answer your call.

Devin Justice Bristol, VA

In the beginning I was very unhappy with them and almost cancelled. The customer service agent handled the situation well. Offered to lower our payments since it had been a full year anyway, and reinvestment of receipts.

Anonymous Alexandria, KY

I've had a couple of oil changes and they said that they were gonna cover it and they did sure have been good with that.

Robert Uniondale, NY

I like the different services to my car. They tell me exactly what's going on. I needed to use it for my alternator and they call the company and they got the approval and they took the alternator in. I only had to pay 100 dollars. The reimbursement is very very slow.

Sheilao Baker, FL

They have been very responsive and have done what they said they would do.

Therese Denton, TX

They explain the plan to you and are very clear. I had no issues

John Nashville, TN

I used my warranty when I needed some wiper blades or something that nature.

Rachel Miller Lithonia, GA

I've used them before and I've had a really, really good experience with them so I started to go ahead and use them again.Any time I call and I have a question about my policy or have a question about a claim that I have put in I get some pretty honest feedback that's pretty detailed. I just use my warranty on my two thousand eleven Honda pilot the pistons had oil in them and it was major. There's some things that they don't take care of I wish they would.

Carol

They've always been very very helpful, very polite, and they address your issues right away. I've used it several times and it works very well with the with the dealership. Everything went smoothly - I didn't have any problems. I encourage people to get extended warranty, it's worth it.

Glenda

They gave me a good deal and they always come through. I used it whenever something needs it. They helped me fix my radiator and I only had to pay my part of the deposit. They paid the rest. They’ve been true to their words.

Robert & Jean Chebanse, IL

They've been good to us. I am pretty confident with the program. Everything that is covered is done without a problem. My wife recently got an oil change and she got reimbursed for it with no problems. We have been pretty loyal to them and they have proven to be loyal to us. They gave us a good renewal policy. There is always room for improvement business wise but I have been pretty happy. I have recommended them to people.

Meredith Livingston Tulsa, OK

When I need any repairs from the car dealership that I go to, they call and Omega gets the invoices taken care of!

Brenda Alexandria, KY

They need to tell the people up front what are the truth and ask more questions about their vehicles. My car was a rebuild and then when I called them about having something done they wouldn't do it because of that. That is three hundred dollars I lost because they didn't tell me.

Beth Dorilas Middletown, NY

Every time I call or use them the facility always has great reviews and when i call i get all my questions answered 90% of the time.

Johnny Riegelwood, NC

They always answer any questions that I have. I needed a break service done to my car and they helped me out. Very good driver.

Terrence Emporia, VA

My transmission broke on a road trip and Omega took care of everything and got the transmission replaced. It was a good experience.

Angel Louisville, KY

I don't have no problem, everything is good. It just doesn't make sense for my car because I only want the warranty for the oil changes and I don't want to pay a monthly fee.

Michael Harvest, AL

They are very professional, very helpful. My reimbursement check was a little more delayed than I thought it would be. I paid a 100 dollar deductible for a 1600 dollar bill.

Willie Houston, TX

I've been pretty pleased so I have no nothing negative to say about them thus far. I think they're pretty trustworthy. They seemed to be genuine and down the earth.

Linda Pontiac, MI

Donna, the young lady I spoke with, was very very helpful. What really impressed me was when it came time to I have work done on on my vehicle Donna was over there professional and very helpful. I got what I needed to have.

I'm not real happy. They caled me twelve times during the middle of the days when I'm working trying to give me overwhelming information. I've used to use my warranty but I'm a disappointed because what I was told during the conversation about what things they cover, I was satisfied with that and then If I'm calling on the weekend, which is when things mostly happen on the weekend, they're not open and that means I have to pay out of pocket and then wait for months to get reimbursed.

Robert Tucson, AZ

So far I haven't had any issues. Everything is taken care of. They have been exceptional. When I have a question, they answer me. I was able to get my oil changes smoothly. I was reimbursed for all the costs. I was worried about where to take it but it wasn't a problem.

Stephanie Weirton, WV

I have five children and need to make sure my van is taken care of. I used my warranty a month and a half ago, it kept dying, I took it in and they were able to do an oil change and get a new battery. It was taken care of very smoothly. It was very helpful on the money basis. Typically customer service answers when you call. There was once a bit of confusion on what was actually covered on the policy. I didn't understand that it doesn't pay for any kind of labor so it is still kind of expensive to get the van fixed.

Santiago North Bay Village, FL

Good price for a good service. If they can't help you, they look for a way to help you. I've used it to get a free oil change. They helped me find someone to fix my car. You don't have to wait too long to get customer service.

Marcia Seffner, FL

When I call in, no matter what, they were helpful and informative. I used it for a service on my vehicle and I needed the oil change and different stuff like that and I was kind of surprised at some of the stuff that was covered because they covered the oil changes and so that came in handy. They weren't timely each time it was kind of annoying when I did not understandhow the service was nonstop, so each time I log in they were very informative and patient. They do what they said they work on it.

Crystal M. Fort Worth, TX

The care is exceptional. And I really liked the company. I had to use my warranty a couple times and it said I had to use it. I use this to get my brakes fixed which was the main part of the warranty and Auto mechanic who did the work there this was one of the best vehicle maintenance warranty sees that pristine talk never had a problem always got things taken care of without issue.