ASE Auto Logo

ASE Auto

5.1

LAST UPDATED: December 1st, 2022

ASE Auto offers highly rated vehicle protection plans. The company has more than a decade of experience in the industry and offers three plans with varying levels of coverage. Customers can choose a plan that offers the coverage they need without overspending on coverage they don’t want.

The company is based in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

The Good

• Tiered Plans with Robust Coverage
  • Plan Perks
  • Customer Service Availability
  • Mechanic Choice

Tiered Plans with Robust Coverage

The company’s website states that protection plans “pay for parts, labor, and roadside assistance for any covered repair.”

ASE Auto has three tiers of protection plans: Blue Shield, Blue Shield PLUS, and Total Blue Shield.

Blue Shield provides coverage for the following basic components:

• Engine
  • Transmission
  • Cooling and electrical systems
  • Drive axle
  • Water pump
  • 4x4/AWD

Blue Shield Plus includes everything in the Blue Shield plan, as well as covering two additional components:

• Steering system
  • Transfer case

And the Total Blue Shield plan offers the company’s most comprehensive coverage, providing protection for everything included in the lower tier plans while adding the following:

• Brake system (ABS)
  • Air conditioning
  • Suspension
  • High tech electrical components
  • GPS navigation system
  • Fuel system
  • Seals/gaskets
  • Turbo/supercharger

ASE Auto demonstrates its commitment to customers by offering levels of protection that can address a wide range of customers’ needs at varying price points.

Call a customer service representative for a free consultation. The company can create a customized coverage plan that will meet your unique needs.

Plan Perks

The company’s plans offer 24/7 roadside assistance and free courtesy towing. Customers will appreciate the peace of mind that comes from knowing they have access to immediate help if the need arises. While many auto insurance companies offer roadside/towing services, it is often an “add-on” fee.

ASE Auto will also allow you to transfer your plan to a new vehicle or even a new owner. Customers don’t need to feel hesitant about purchasing coverage and then being stuck in a tough situation if their circumstances change.

Customer Service Availability

Customers can contact the company via email or a toll-free phone number 24/7 for a free quote or for answers to any other questions about vehicle protection plans. Customers can also order vehicle parts directly from the company’s website.

Mechanic Choice

ASE Auto allows customers to choose any ASE-certified mechanic or dealer, as opposed to having a narrow list of mechanics to choose from. This means customers can bring the vehicle to their preferred mechanic, which is especially beneficial for those who have an existing relationship with someone they trust.

The Bad

Limited Customer Reviews Available

ASE Auto has received very limited customer reviews, and we are unable to identify trends or highlight positive customer experiences with the company. Today’s customers often rely on social proof from customer reviews to choose who they want to do business with.

The company’s website does highlight one customer’s positive review. However, featuring additional customer feedback could be an opportunity for the company to attract even more customers to its products.

The Bottom Line

ASE Auto meets many industry benchmarks, including perks, plan options, and great customer service. One of the company’s best features is offering customers the choice of mechanic, something that is unique in the car warranty industry.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

2.9

Timothy Berry San Francisco, CA

Sure enough, Hanover took my claim and in a very professional and friendly manner helped me arrange a body shop. The claim process was great, and my car looks like new again.

SGT Phil Whitehead Phoenix, AZ

ASE Warranty sent me a complicated contract that was almost impossible to completely understand. When I had to file a claim, their immediate response was that it was not a covered item even though it was clearly covered by the wording in their contract. They begrudgingly covered that item and when a couple of other things went wrong with my vehicle, they only covered a fraction of what the mechanics bill was. Their reasoning was that he was overcharging and they could have gotten it done cheaper elsewhere even though their contract clearly says I can take it to any ASE certified shop. My mechanic is clearly an ASE certified shop. I recently learned that my engine developed a condition that will result in it needing to be replaced and they then insisted that I have the engine completely disassembled at my expense and wait for an inspector to come from their company and test oil samples in order to move forward with that claim. I simply could not afford to do that and was forced to sell my vehicle. This company has epitomized the worst that customer service and warranty protection coverage can be. I told the representative after the last experience that as soon as I don't need them anymore, I was going to scorch their customer service ratings. Do not under any circumstance do business with this company and I only regret having believed the reviews that were written by organizations that are supposed to rate these aftermarket warranty companies. They had to have paid somebody off to even get considered, because their performance and support of their customers is absolutely abysmal. This is the worst experience I have ever had with any type of warranty protection service. The only reason why I even give them a one on any of their scores is that it's not possible to give them a zero...

Olga Zabegina Austin, TX

They do good and cheap since 2020. I like auto payment from bank and more easier. They do mailing to inform me about the amounts that have changing. Thank u.

Pamela H. Wood Seattle, WA

My policy was updated quickly with one call and the agent was very helpful in pointing out coverage options that we weren't taking advantage of. We have always been very happy with the service and the rates.

Andrea Poon New York, NY

I came to have a second opinion about replacing my brakes, I was treated so kindly and made the appointment to return and have it done which was yesterday and again I was treated so kindly. The whole experience with them was the best I’ve ever had; I feel I got the best service possible and will return there for any work I need done in the future. Thanks

cindy valentine Jersey City, NJ

I had purchased a warranty about a year ago for my 2014 chevy malibu, my water pump blew a few months after. I brought my car to my local trusted mechanic and under the warranty it was covered. Im very happy to have to the warranty!!! I may even purchase another plan for my other car.

Diljit Mann New York, NY

We had a recent claim and ASE was great to work with. Thanks for all the great work and the great customer experience! Thank you!

Nico Ramos Austin, TX

just great people to work with. Excellent customer service!!! Prices are fair and competitive.

Edward Peterson Irvine, CA

ASE is a deceitful company do not buy a warranty from this company. First they denied my claim by saying i did not do timely oil changes when i told them i could provide records then they changed there story saying they were denying me because of a gasket. So i talked to dealership that summited the claim and they said they were trying to replace the vlom manifold part and they resubmitted to the claim with this number and they denied again. One time they offered me $350.00 towards the claim not sure why. They made a excuse every time something was summitted go find a warranty company that is honest ASE is not.

STARKILLER 14GT Washington, DC

If I could give zero stars I would. I have a used Tesla whose factory warranty had just expired so I called companies to try and find the best fit. When I called these companies i specifically asked if they would cover the battery as the battery on Tesla to replace is about 18000 dollars. I called ASE and I asked the salesman will this cover the battery and he said YES. So I paid the $3700 3 year coverage. By the way it says in your contract apparently that if any issues in your car before 190 days after the start of the policy (which the policy “starts” 30 days after you buy it.) that they will only cover up to $500 in repair costs. I had the policy for about 5 months, when my Tesla’s battery gave issues. I called them and not only did they say that they don’t cover the battery they also said that because this reported during that 190 day period that I could no longer get help with the repair anyway. I am currently trying to get the recorded phone call where the salesman told me that the battery was covered. So if you want a warranty for “3” years. It actually is about 220 days less than that. Just a heads up. I absolutely hate this company and I hope that people read my review before buying a warranty with them.

Michael Miami, FL

Very friendly and I didn't have to jump thru a thousand hoops to get my claim settled. Thank you.

Gary Noel Dallas, TX

What I loved about this company after Being skeptical about which company to chose from was Ase warranty is a big name in the extended auto warranty industry We found them to be friendly and helpful and to have reasonable options for the kinds of plans we were looking for. Fortunately ase warranty is the administrator. Unlike many of the other companies out there who are resellers we ran into some smoke and mirrors around pricing. This was by far the best choice we made thanks to its helpful customer service, easy-to-use app, they had replaced my alternator and suspension issues the same day Thank you ase for standing by what was promised to me Garry T. Noel

Connie Nichols CA

Very quick response. Clarity in giving and getting information. Very thorough. Very professional.

Carla Conley Dhaka, 13

They are very professional and efficient. They are great at what they do and treat their clients respectfully. I highly recommend them!

TaylorMade Kennels

I was told it takes 60 working days for a refund. Well it's been 90 days and I have called customer service multiple times and NEVER GET MY CALLS RETURNED. Why are companies allowed to screw hard working Americans when it comes to a refund? I canceled the policy after only 2 months and I am only getting less then half of what I paid, and I never had a claim. Pure scam, please don't use these scammers.

Victoria Kendil Dallas, TX

Near the end of my cars warranty period, I had an issue with the heater controls. My porsche dealer worked with ASE warranty to replace the controller under the ASE warranty. Other than the $100 deductible, ASE warranty paid the full amount of the service. This company has knowledgeable customer service people, and they were helpful in explaining what was covered under the warranty as was promised to me when i first signed up with them. They are a totally trustworthy company with a excillent claims service department. I recommend them to anyone looking for a legitimate company they can count on. They have been around for over 10 years and i have a few family members that have only used ASE warranty over the years and stand by them. there coverage covers what it says and they dont look for any loop holes Thank you arthur for the easy and pleasant claim expirience Vicky K Dallas, Texas

James Noland San Francisco, CA

All of the staff were helpful and courteous. I received a discount for adding another vehicle. All my questions were answered and they made sure I understood before hanging up. No one was pushy or did not make me feel like I had to do anything that day. They did offer a discount if I did take advantage of the policy as a refferal. I had my brother refer them to me and they just changed his Radiator on his porsche. The cost of the repair was over $3800 and this company paid the toal cost for the repairs. I Overall I am very satisfied with the service and the policy.

David Kellner Miami, FL

The Customer Service and claims representative at the ASE auto protect claims department was so delightful. She was very patient and wasn't pushy in the least bit. Without any annoying or persistent calls or follow ups, it allowed me do my research to compare extended warranty policies. They gave me the assurance that I would not be given a hard time if I needed to file a claim. In addition, unlike other well known policies ase auto protects policy did not have limits of payouts for specific itemized components. This is particularly important for me as I have a BMW and as most imports individual parts can be expensive . They have recently replaced my radiator Without any hassles the only thing I was out of pocket for was my $150 deductible I very much recommend ASE as they are a staple in the automotive industry. And I was able t have them service my car at my local ASE repair shop Thank you Nicole and David for making this a pleasant experience I Highly recommend ASE auto protect as I’ve had multiple companies in the past and had been skeptical at first

Theresa Schaible-Goseyun Hemet, CA

My acadia has been atthe car dealer for 4 days waiting for ase to approve work now they come back saying they are only going to approve 500 of a 2000 bill there is nothing in this contract that states they will only pay 500 with in the first 120 days

Mary Raglin

Don't waste your time or money with ASE Warranty they will not pay for anything. If I can give them a zero I would.

Helen Mason

Perfect service great job !! Every staffs very professional and responsive .I definitely recommended 5/5

Daniel JIMENEZ Los Angeles, CA

Today is July 4th 2022...as of now I've to get a call back from ASE REP. In response to my cancelled policy in which the cancelled for their reason that they shouldn't have sold me in the first place. Now they refuse to call or return my calls. This company represents every reason why when buying a warranty do your homework and if it sounds to good then be aware when you need them they will find every reason not to pay for your repairs. In now refuse the return my full payment. For which they canceled me I did not cancel them. I hope this helps if you are paying to deal with this company.

George Fernandez Perris, CA

I purchased the total coverage package called the "The total blue shield " Upon filling a claim for a manual clutch they denied it because they said they only cover automatics but if you look on their website site and click on the total blue shield and click under transmissions it opens up another link and that link tells you it covers the clutch steel/plates how deceptive!!!

Riccardo Trevisiol Spring, TX

I strongly believe this company is a completely SCAM. I got my policy in April 2021 and an issue with the alternator of my car appeared in September 2021. After “an expert” assessment they declared was a preexisting problem. To get the policy approved they asked me for the State Inspection report which I delivered in April. The 90 days period with a valid policy also passed. Who established the preexisting defect? The agent promised a “courtesy money” that never came. Now in December calling to get an update, the phones appear to be disconnected. Agent has a week without responding voice or SMS messages. I am asking a refund of the breach of contract and reporting the issue to the BBB. The problem is that the relationship with the company is thru the Agent and there is no one else responding your call, just a messaging center.

Bryan Raymond Houston, TX

They harass you even when you tell them you purchased a new car and do not need their services. I asked them nicely to stop calling me and texting me.

Callie Hall Lenoir City, TN

If i could give zero start i would,dont waste your money on a warrenty through ase ,terrible customer service and will try anything to get out of paying for repairs .

Sammi Lehi, UT

Fraud!!! Buyer beware!!! $2500 mistake. Still have yet to get pur money back. Every time we try we get hung up on and transferred around. Most reviews online are fake

Robert Brooks Richmond, VA

I had considered getting a warranty through ASE. Then when I began receiving texts I requested stop. Got the message they’d stop, but just kept coming from other numbers. Called the customer number was told they’d take my name off list but NOPE. Bottom line - if you’re treated rude and lied to as a potential customer one can be sure a customer would have the same experience.

James Montgomery Washington, DC

Run!! This is a scam company. They will like, take your money, and never answer the phone. DO NOT TRUST!! SCAM ALERT

James Daley Washington, DC

They are a scam!!! stay away. will steal money and never respond to inquiries. This company is a sham!!

Payam Round Rock, TX

Good customer service I just got warranty from them

Kelley Berbena Modesto, CA

This company has taken money when they were not supposed too. Causing my account to go crazy. This is the second time this has happened. This company never has responded to me in any way. My bank got my money back for me. This is crazy nobody responds. I pray I get a response from this

Mark Bowman Canonsburg, PA

Scam likely I canceled my policy was told I will get a refund and now every time I call about it they give me the run around and say someone will call me back it's been 2 weeks every day I call to no avail I'm in the process of getting my money back with disputing with the bank

Matt Olson Stamford, CT

This company is a COMPLETE scam. Their website aseauto.com now redirects you to the CA Department of Insurance.

Bernardo Guarnes San Diego, CA

Informative and thorough, customer service representative was knowledgeable and courteous.

albert frausto Anaheim, CA

never pays out there claims, unethical business practice