ASE Auto Logo

ASE Auto

3.4

LAST UPDATED: May 16th, 2022

ASE Auto offers highly rated vehicle protection plans. The company has more than a decade of experience in the industry and offers three plans with varying levels of coverage. Customers can choose a plan that offers the coverage they need without overspending on coverage they don’t want.

The company is based in Cheyenne, Wyoming.

The Good

• Tiered Plans with Robust Coverage
  • Plan Perks
  • Customer Service Availability
  • Mechanic Choice

Tiered Plans with Robust Coverage

The company’s website states that protection plans “pay for parts, labor, and roadside assistance for any covered repair.”

ASE Auto has three tiers of protection plans: Blue Shield, Blue Shield PLUS, and Total Blue Shield.

Blue Shield provides coverage for the following basic components:

• Engine
  • Transmission
  • Cooling and electrical systems
  • Drive axle
  • Water pump
  • 4x4/AWD

Blue Shield Plus includes everything in the Blue Shield plan, as well as covering two additional components:

• Steering system
  • Transfer case

And the Total Blue Shield plan offers the company’s most comprehensive coverage, providing protection for everything included in the lower tier plans while adding the following:

• Brake system (ABS)
  • Air conditioning
  • Suspension
  • High tech electrical components
  • GPS navigation system
  • Fuel system
  • Seals/gaskets
  • Turbo/supercharger

ASE Auto demonstrates its commitment to customers by offering levels of protection that can address a wide range of customers’ needs at varying price points.

Call a customer service representative for a free consultation. The company can create a customized coverage plan that will meet your unique needs.

Plan Perks

The company’s plans offer 24/7 roadside assistance and free courtesy towing. Customers will appreciate the peace of mind that comes from knowing they have access to immediate help if the need arises. While many auto insurance companies offer roadside/towing services, it is often an “add-on” fee.

ASE Auto will also allow you to transfer your plan to a new vehicle or even a new owner. Customers don’t need to feel hesitant about purchasing coverage and then being stuck in a tough situation if their circumstances change.

Customer Service Availability

Customers can contact the company via email or a toll-free phone number 24/7 for a free quote or for answers to any other questions about vehicle protection plans. Customers can also order vehicle parts directly from the company’s website.

Mechanic Choice

ASE Auto allows customers to choose any ASE-certified mechanic or dealer, as opposed to having a narrow list of mechanics to choose from. This means customers can bring the vehicle to their preferred mechanic, which is especially beneficial for those who have an existing relationship with someone they trust.

The Bad

Limited Customer Reviews Available

ASE Auto has received very limited customer reviews, and we are unable to identify trends or highlight positive customer experiences with the company. Today’s customers often rely on social proof from customer reviews to choose who they want to do business with.

The company’s website does highlight one customer’s positive review. However, featuring additional customer feedback could be an opportunity for the company to attract even more customers to its products.

The Bottom Line

ASE Auto meets many industry benchmarks, including perks, plan options, and great customer service. One of the company’s best features is offering customers the choice of mechanic, something that is unique in the car warranty industry.

View Best Car Warranty Companies

2.6

George Fernandez Perris, CA

I purchased the total coverage package called the "The total blue shield " Upon filling a claim for a manual clutch they denied it because they said they only cover automatics but if you look on their website site and click on the total blue shield and click under transmissions it opens up another link and that link tells you it covers the clutch steel/plates how deceptive!!!

Victoria Kendil Dallas, TX

Near the end of my cars warranty period, I had an issue with the heater controls. My porsche dealer worked with ASE warranty to replace the controller under the ASE warranty. Other than the $100 deductible, ASE warranty paid the full amount of the service. This company has knowledgeable customer service people, and they were helpful in explaining what was covered under the warranty as was promised to me when i first signed up with them. They are a totally trustworthy company with a excillent claims service department. I recommend them to anyone looking for a legitimate company they can count on. They have been around for over 10 years and i have a few family members that have only used ASE warranty over the years and stand by them. there coverage covers what it says and they dont look for any loop holes Thank you arthur for the easy and pleasant claim expirience Vicky K Dallas, Texas

James Noland San Francisco, CA

All of the staff were helpful and courteous. I received a discount for adding another vehicle. All my questions were answered and they made sure I understood before hanging up. No one was pushy or did not make me feel like I had to do anything that day. They did offer a discount if I did take advantage of the policy as a refferal. I had my brother refer them to me and they just changed his Radiator on his porsche. The cost of the repair was over $3800 and this company paid the toal cost for the repairs. I Overall I am very satisfied with the service and the policy.

Robert Brooks Richmond, VA

I had considered getting a warranty through ASE. Then when I began receiving texts I requested stop. Got the message they’d stop, but just kept coming from other numbers. Called the customer number was told they’d take my name off list but NOPE. Bottom line - if you’re treated rude and lied to as a potential customer one can be sure a customer would have the same experience.

David Kellner Miami, FL

The Customer Service and claims representative at the ASE auto protect claims department was so delightful. She was very patient and wasn't pushy in the least bit. Without any annoying or persistent calls or follow ups, it allowed me do my research to compare extended warranty policies. They gave me the assurance that I would not be given a hard time if I needed to file a claim. In addition, unlike other well known policies ase auto protects policy did not have limits of payouts for specific itemized components. This is particularly important for me as I have a BMW and as most imports individual parts can be expensive . They have recently replaced my radiator Without any hassles the only thing I was out of pocket for was my $150 deductible I very much recommend ASE as they are a staple in the automotive industry. And I was able t have them service my car at my local ASE repair shop Thank you Nicole and David for making this a pleasant experience I Highly recommend ASE auto protect as I’ve had multiple companies in the past and had been skeptical at first

Riccardo Trevisiol Spring, TX

I strongly believe this company is a completely SCAM. I got my policy in April 2021 and an issue with the alternator of my car appeared in September 2021. After “an expert” assessment they declared was a preexisting problem. To get the policy approved they asked me for the State Inspection report which I delivered in April. The 90 days period with a valid policy also passed. Who established the preexisting defect? The agent promised a “courtesy money” that never came. Now in December calling to get an update, the phones appear to be disconnected. Agent has a week without responding voice or SMS messages. I am asking a refund of the breach of contract and reporting the issue to the BBB. The problem is that the relationship with the company is thru the Agent and there is no one else responding your call, just a messaging center.

Kelley Berbena Modesto, CA

This company has taken money when they were not supposed too. Causing my account to go crazy. This is the second time this has happened. This company never has responded to me in any way. My bank got my money back for me. This is crazy nobody responds. I pray I get a response from this

Mark Bowman Canonsburg, PA

Scam likely I canceled my policy was told I will get a refund and now every time I call about it they give me the run around and say someone will call me back it's been 2 weeks every day I call to no avail I'm in the process of getting my money back with disputing with the bank

albert frausto Anaheim, CA

never pays out there claims, unethical business practice

Bernardo Guarnes San Diego, CA

Informative and thorough, customer service representative was knowledgeable and courteous.