autopom!

7.9

Since opening up shop in 2010, autopom! has been a trusted car warranty provider. Extended warranties can help defray the cost of car repairs resulting from a mechanical breakdown. autopom! will help you choose an extended car warranty that is right for you and your vehicle, depending on the mileage driven on the vehicle how old the vehicle is.

Review Icon

Customer Review: Anonymous from Long Beach, CA

"They're very fast and very professional and even the service shop said that they had never dealt with a carrier who was so quick about everything. They were just very good to communicate with, they were on top of it and weren't too pushy."

While autopom! is not an insurance company, all of its representatives are licensed insurance agents. autopom! enjoys a good online reputation among warranty companies. It is BBB: A+ Accredited, with positive reviews and few complaints. The company offers many vehicle service contract or extended vehicle warranty options for individuals looking for an auto warranty. The warranties cover cars and pre-owned vehicles with up to 200,000 miles. autopom! deductibles range from $0 to $500.

View autopom! Reviews

The Good

• Warranty Plans
  • Thorough Resource Page
  • Coverage Benefits
  • Customer Service

Warranty Plans

autopom! offers customers four main extended car warranty levels: Exclusionary, High-Level, Mid-Level, and Powertrain Plus.

• Exclusionary plans are comparable to a manufacturer's warranty. Exclusionary coverage includes almost all mechanical and electrical components of a car.
  • High-Level plans are a great cost-effective alternative to the exclusionary plan. They cover an extensive amount of components within the following major systems: Engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, steering, electrical, air conditioning, braking, cooling, fuel system and seals, and gaskets.
  • Mid-Level plans cover named-components within the major systems: engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and differential assembly. A Mid-Level warranty covers named components like steering, suspension, fuel delivery, as well as the cooling and braking systems, too.
  • Powertrain Plus plans cover specified components for the major systems. However, there are several plans that offer additional coverage for electrical, air conditioning, and fuel systems components.

Underneath each coverage level is a grouping of specific plans and customers can click on each plan option to view more information. Potential clients can also view a sample contract to get a better feel of what they can expect if they choose a plan from auotpom!.

Thorough Resource Page

autopom! includes a resources page on its website with several printable checklists. These checklists provide information on common situations customers deal with when owning a vehicle. There is a checklist for buying a car, taking your car on a road trip, selling your vehicle and more.

Also located on the resource page are articles on how to avoid auto repair scams and how to determine if a vehicle protection plan is right for you.

Coverage Benefits

Choosing a Vehicle Protection Plan (VPP) from autopom! will include the following benefits:

• Choose Your Own Repair Shop—autopom! allows its clients to take their vehicles into any repair shop when their vehicle needs repairs. Whether customers prefer to take it in to the car dealership or their hometown shop, it’s completely up to them.
  • Rental Vehicle Assistance—All of the plans at autopom! offer rental vehicle assistance while a car is being repaired. However, be aware that terms and conditions will vary by plan.
  • Affordable Payment Plans—Customers can speak with an autopom! agent to find an affordable payment plan.
  • Nationwide Breakdown Coverage—If a vehicle breaks down, autopom! allows their customers to go to any licensed repair facility in the U.S. or Canada.
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee—If clients are not satisfied with their coverage autopom! will issue a full refund within the first 30 days.
  • 24-Hour Roadside Assistance—Clients can call the 24/7 roadside assistance number in case of emergency.

autopom! focuses on providing a consultative sales approach. Instead of pushing products that customers aren’t interested in, the team strives to put the customer's needs first. autopom! also assigns a vehicle protection specialist to help you with any questions during the entire course of your service contract. Potential and current clients are well informed and treated well.

The Bad

• Limited Coverage Plans
  • Cost of Service Plans
  • No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

Limited Coverage Plans

While auotpom! has a selection of warranty options, be aware that each has its own set of stipulations that your car must meet. For example, it is important to perform proper maintenance on your car, like oil changes; otherwise the warranty contract can be voided. If your car needs an expensive repair and you didn't properly maintain your car, you would pay for the repair yourself.

Additionally, most car warranty providers do not cover damage resulting from normal wear and tear.

Several of the coverage options offered by autopom! are only available in specified states. Others aren’t clear on the states in which they are available. autopom! has a few options that state they are currently unavailable and does not say if or when they’ll be available. However, potential clients can learn this information by contacting autopom! directly.

Cost of Service Plans

Since each extended vehicle plan depends on numerous factors, autopom! does not disclose any pricing for its plans. Each plan takes into account your vehicles make/model, mileage, year, and the customer's state of residence. Also, the cost will depend on which coverage level you choose and which plan.

Potential clients can receive a personalized quote for their car by working with autopom! directly.

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While auotpom! covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Potential clients with other car brands can find a good extended warranty from autopom!.

The Bottom Line

Choosing a trustworthy warranty company from the many warranty providers available is important. Warranty protection is a major purchase because it is an investment.

autopom! offers extended service contracts to help bring clients peace of mind with their vehicles. autopom! provides many coverage plans and benefits, including roadside assistance, choice of repair shop or car dealer, and rental car assistance. Customers looking to buy an extended warranty should make sure their car is covered under their desired plan and that they meet all the requirements.

autopom! recommends that potential clients call and speak with an autopom! specialist to help find the best service plan for them. autopom! is available in most states nationwide, but potential customers should call and check to see if their state is covered or fill out an online form to receive a quote. Overall, autopom! is a reputable and reliable company for those looking to protect their vehicle.

Ronald Schirle Morgan Hill, CA

Great customer service in how they helped me decide what extended warranty policy was right for me. Pricing of products was very competitive as reasonably priced when compared to other providers. Attentive to my needs throughout the purchase process.

Jeffrey Brown Miami Beach, FL

AUTOPOM REALLY DELIVERS ON THEIR WARRANTIES Although we have been very lucky in terms of service on our most recent Range Rovers, we decided to purchase extended warranties just in case we had an issue prior to trading them in for the new model. The search for the most comprehensive and reliable extended warranty though, was not the easiest of tasks given that there were many options in the market. Numerous companies, including some of the largest names on television, promise the most comprehensive policies and hassle free service, but after reading hundreds of reviews, it was clear that many of the companies do not stand behind their guarantees. After a long and exhaustive search and although their reviews were actually great to begin with, we took a leap of faith and selected AutoPom. AutoPom has several different plans, but because Range Rovers are notorious for costly repairs when something does go wrong, we selected the EFG platinum plan, which I was told is as close to the original factory warranty as possible. After a little more than 2 years into extended warranty and despite the fact that my wife’s car is barely ever driven and still only has 26,000 miles on it, we heard a strange noise coming from the engine and therefore decided to send the car in to be checked out. The Range Rover repair facility provided a long list of required repairs totaling just over $18,000 and mentioned that they would contacting AutoPom directly to start the claims process. Because of the huge costs involved, AutoPom sent out an inspector to survey the vehicle and it was the inspector’s expert opinion that the vast majority of the items on the list were unnecessary since most were in perfect working order. I contacted the service department and AutoPom to discuss the discrepancy and quickly realized what might have been going on. Suffice to say, I was furious that the repair shop seemed to be attempting to take advantage of me and the warranty company by running up the cash register with numerous items that appeared to be unnecessary. That issue has already been resolved appropriately. In the end though, there were three or four items that were actually necessary, the total cost of which was approximately $5000. AutoPom covered everything exactly as they promised they would before I purchased their warranty and stood behind their promises without delay or denial. Additionally, the fact that they sent their own inspector out to survey the vehicle before the repairs started served as an important check because had I not had an advocate with them, I could have unfortunately been the victim of a large bill that was almost entirely unnecessary. I wanted to also mention that when the claim started, I had no issues reaching their team and I was even able to speak with the owner of the company who very generously, offered to step in and assist me with the situation. If my memory serves me correctly, I believe the total cost of the warranty was about $3500 for three additional years and it has obviously already paid for itself 1 ½ times over. I could not be happier with the AutoPom guarantee and their very professional, knowledgeable and courteous team who were in my corner looking out for my interests as well, from the moment they were contacted. If you are in need of an extended warranty, you should consider my review of AutoPom as a truly real life and honest firsthand experience of their wonderful company!

Reply from autopom!

Thank you Jeffrey for taking the time to share your story.  Very much appreciated!  It was a pleasure assisting you with your claim.  Your review illustrates what we call "The autopom! Difference" - above-and- beyond customer service.  Please don't hesitate to contact us if you need assistance again down the road!  I have faith you will enjoy many more miles of automotive peace-of-mind - autopom!

Feb. 2nd, 2021

Dana Johnson. San Diego, CA

I have not had a good experience with autopom and royal administration. I have had to fight to get repairs covered and have had a claim denied. And it caused additional damage that they did not cover. Not a good customer experience.

Reply from autopom!

In this case, I have to agree that the customer did not have a good experience.  There were mishaps made by the shop and by the policy Administrator.  The claim was called in on 10/26/2020.  Due to a computer error, unfortunately, the policy Administrator failed to recognize that Mr. ***** had purchased the optional Seals & Gaskets and his claim was initially declined.  Thankfully, Mr. ****** called autopom! directly and we were able to get that problem resolved on the same day.  The customer's vehicle was subsequently scheduled for inspection on 10/28/2020.  When the inspector arrived, the technician assigned to the job was not available so an alternate was assigned to accompany the inspector.  This was not an ideal situation and I believe this was the primary factor responsible for the customer's poor experience.  The alternate representative was unable to properly demonstrate to the inspector the cause of failure on the initial visit and ultimately, required a second inspection.  A good claim experience requires accurate communications between the inspector and the shop to communicate diagnosis and demonstrate failure of related components. During the claim process autopom! advocated on behalf of the customer.  We contacted the policy Administrator multiple times to escalate Mr. *****'s claim to higher management..  We communicated with the customer multiple times to answer his questions and coordinate. While the failure of the shop to properly diagnose and demonstrate component failure on the first inspection was outside of our control at autopom!, I'm very sorry that the customer's claim was initially denied due to a computer error with the policy Administrator's system. By way of some compensation for Mr. ****'s inconvenience, autopom! sent a courtesy check today to the customer in the amount of $200.00.  I truly appreciate Mr. ******'s continued business with autopom! and trust his next claim will go smoother.

Jan. 4th, 2021

Stuart Irvine, CA

Unbelievable service and pricing. I love AutoPom! Have used them twice, and will use them again!!!

Brett

Excellent customer service. Fast turnaround on quote and great price compared to dealer.

Danielle Klein

The customer care and affordability are A-1!

Jan

Needed a auto warranty, they were very helpful

Aundra Spencer

It's been great in time of need they were there to assist me. Fast and efficient!

Dave

After extensive online research, I contacted Autopom! to receive an extended warranty quote for a vehicle I recently purchased. My experience was consistent with the reviews I read (overwhelmingly positive). The process was straight-forward with no upselling & all my questions were effectively answered. I purchased a Omega Exclusionary extended warranty which meets both my budget & coverage needs. Follow-up contacts to date (10/8/20) have addressed additional questions. Outstanding experience so far!

A.PORTER

It's been ok so far. Customer service was great signing up! Haven't had to file a claim yet.

Fernando

About four or five days ago I used the warranty and it sounds like it is going well. They have great customer service.

So far so goof. I am glad they are providing this kind of coverage. I appreciate how they have dealt with me. They were very clear letting me know what was covered and how it was covered.

Reply from autopom!

Thanks for the 5 Stars! Let us know if we may be of assistance in the future.

Judy & Sean

I have it on the BMW and when I had service done, the adjuster came and did his thing and within a couple of days the car was back to me in perfect shape.

Reply from autopom!

Thank you Judy & Sean for sharing your experience. I'm happy to hear you are pleased with the service. I hope your enjoy many more miles of automotive peace-of-mind - autopom!

Christopher

Autopom was recommended by a friend and I researched them and I found them to be legit. The rep was pretty straightforward. The process was easy and simple and not complicated. It is good to have for peace of mind. I can breathe a little easier.

Devasish

I purchased the extended warranty for my BMW because I got a good, reasonable quote. It has solve my purpose. It is a good service.

Manuel

I appreciate their time. They are quick to respond and to get back to use if we have any questions. I also like the low deductibles compared to some other places. The price is fair for the services they are offering.

My autopom agent is very responsive to my questions. If he is unavailable, I get called back quickly.

I needed a good reliable warranty so I went with autopom. I like that I can still reach out to the representative that initially signed me up if I question.

The representative that helped us was very nice and didn’t rush things and explained things. The price is competitive.

Reply from autopom!

Thank you sharing! autopom! enjoys a reputation for not being pushy with sales and we try to be price competitive to offer value.

Jim & Debra

In a situation last year, they helped me out and it worked out really well me.

It is the only warranty California has. They are really great and very clear with the details.

David

Offers a great, broad service, that is why I chose it.

James

I did not get reimbursed like I was promised. I wish I never signed up. I have called multiple about getting reimbursed for a tow truck. I have submitted the claim six times.

Reply from autopom!

Hi James. I'm sorry to hear that about the tow truck reimbursement and the lack of response to your requests. The Administrator that handles the towing is a separate company but with the limited information I have at this point I'm unsure what happened in your case. If you will give me a call at (800) 724-8141 x4 to provide additional details, I will personally look into it. Mike Jones.

Oct. 18th, 2020

Representatives are very professional. It is a good value.

David

The pricing is really great compared to other companies and what my policy covers is very wonderful. Every time I have a question, the representative seems to be on top of is and is very polite and kind and knows the answers to everything I am asking.

Randy

Customer service is very responsive in all parts and they follow up.

It is convenient and they are responsive to my needs.

Arentis

I feel secure knowing my truck has extended warranty. When I call, I have been able to get through to customer service and I get my questions answered.

Sylvia & David

Getting the policy went smoothly. Customer feedback is very positive. They explained it all to us to our satisfaction. The pricing is great.

Mark

I am pleased. They show enthusiasm and are helpful answering questions. They are very cooperative.

Yvette Santifer Lynwood, CA

Mike was very helpful and understanding I will give him 10 he was so amazing

Reply from autopom!

Thank you Yvette! Let me know if I can be of any further assistance with your current claim (or anything that may come up in the future).

Oct. 15th, 2020

Rick Spadaro Martinez, CA

Really enjoyed speaking with Dacey B. She was very clear and detailed with the explanation of coverage. Was also very pleased with her recommendation of which term would be best suited for me and most cost effective. Would definitely do business with her again.

Reply from autopom!

Appreciate your business and the 5 stars too! I will pass your compliments along to Dacey.

Oct. 15th, 2020

Candace Wagner Tucson, AZ

The staff that I have spoken to on the phone have been friendly and professional.

MIke Sunnyvale, CA

Quick, responsive, easy, great rates and coverage

christine k.

great experience from beginning to end. customer service was always available.

charles hurlbut iii Lompoc, CA

easy fast service was great by the lady who helped me.

Bill & Evelyn Hotchkiss, CO

The lady I talked to contacted me several times just to answer questions and to see if I have any issues or any questions about it so that introductory or getting service was very attentive.

Michael Rene Inglewood, CA

I used my warranty to cover the running act of my vehicle. They resolve the issue quickly.

Anonymous North Hollywood, CA

The customer service rep was friendly, knowledgeable, and not pushy.

Ginger San Bernardino, CA

On the original call, they were easy to contact and they were professional.

jtdavis

Very good price and backed by a major insurance company (Mercury). Have not had to use for a repair yet.

Richard Orser

Very personable staff and personal attention. A most enjoyable transaction.

Eduardo Dizon Van Nuys, CA

The agent gave me good quality from the beginning to the end of the service.

Jose Chavez Moreno Valley, CA

I had a good experience. Plus they are one of the few companies that deal with Californians

Dale Desert Hot Springs, CA

I used it once recently and everything was great. The mechanic coordinator with you guys said you were very easy to work with.

Anonymous Long Beach, CA

They're very fast and very professional and even the service shop said that they had never dealth with the carrier who was so quick about everything. They were just very good to communicate with, they were on top of it and weren't too pushy.

Robert Clayton, CA

Customer service were always available when I had a question and they were diligent on pulling up something.

Rory Corona, CA

The agent was very professional. I'm disappointed that they changed the monthy payment.

Young2120 Bakersfield, CA

Quote was cheaper than dealership and Carchecks. Very pleased with the price and coverage.

Eddi Carrillo Oakland, CA

Quick fast no pressure quote. Great rates