In business since 2009, autopom! is a trusted car warranty provider. Extended warranties can help defray the cost of car repairs resulting from a mechanical breakdown.

While autopom! is not an insurance company, all of its representatives are licensed insurance agents. autopom! enjoys a good online reputation among warranty companies. It is BBB: A+ Accredited, with positive reviews and few complaints. The company offers many vehicle service contract or extended vehicle warranty options for individuals looking for an auto warranty. The warranties cover cars and pre-owned vehicles with up to 200,000 miles. autopom! deductibles range from $0 to $500.

View autopom! Reviews

The Good

• Warranty Plans
  • Thorough Resource Page
  • Coverage Benefits
  • Customer Service

Warranty Plans

autopom! offers customers four main extended car warranty levels: Exclusionary, High-Level, Mid-Level, and Powertrain Plus.

• Exclusionary plans are comparable to a manufacturer's warranty. Exclusionary coverage includes almost all mechanical and electrical components of a car.
  • High-Level plans are a great cost-effective alternative to the exclusionary plan. They cover an extensive amount of components within the following major systems: Engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, steering, electrical, air conditioning, braking, cooling, fuel system and seals, and gaskets.
  • Mid-Level plans cover named-components within the major systems: engine, transmission, transfer case, drive axle, and differential assembly. A Mid-Level warranty covers named components like steering, suspension, fuel delivery, as well as the cooling and braking systems, too.
  • Powertrain Plus plans cover specified components for the major systems. However, there are several plans that offer additional coverage for electrical, air conditioning, and fuel systems components.

Underneath each coverage level is a grouping of specific plans and customers can click on each plan option to view more information. Potential clients can also view a sample contract to get a better feel of what they can expect if they choose a plan from auotpom!.

Thorough Resource Page

autopom! includes a resources page on its website with several printable checklists. These checklists provide information on common situations customers deal with when owning a vehicle. There is a checklist for buying a car, taking your car on a road trip, selling your vehicle and more.

Also located on the resource page are articles on how to avoid auto repair scams and how to determine if a vehicle protection plan is right for you.

Coverage Benefits

Choosing a Vehicle Protection Plan (VPP) from autopom! will include the following benefits:

• Choose Your Own Repair Shop—autopom! allows its clients to take their vehicles into any repair shop when their vehicle needs repairs. Whether customers prefer to take it in to the car dealership or their hometown shop, it’s completely up to them.
  • Rental Vehicle Assistance—All of the plans at autopom! offer rental vehicle assistance while a car is being repaired. However, be aware that terms and conditions will vary by plan.
  • Affordable Payment Plans—Customers can speak with an autopom! agent to find an affordable payment plan.
  • Nationwide Breakdown Coverage—If a vehicle breaks down, autopom! allows their customers to go to any licensed repair facility in the U.S. or Canada.
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee—If clients are not satisfied with their coverage autopom! will issue a full refund within the first 30 days.
  • 24-Hour Roadside Assistance—Clients can call the 24/7 roadside assistance number in case of emergency.

autopom! focuses on providing a consultative sales approach. Instead of pushing products that customers aren’t interested in, the team strives to put the customer's needs first. autopom! also assigns a vehicle protection specialist to help you with any questions during the entire course of your service contract. Potential and current clients are well informed and treated well.

The Bad

• Limited Coverage Plans
  • Cost of Service Plans
  • No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

Limited Coverage Plans

While auotpom! has a selection of warranty options, be aware that each has its own set of stipulations that your car must meet. For example, it is important to perform proper maintenance on your car, like oil changes; otherwise the warranty contract can be voided. If your car needs an expensive repair and you didn't properly maintain your car, you would pay for the repair yourself.

Additionally, most car warranty providers do not cover damage resulting from normal wear and tear.

Several of the coverage options offered by autopom! are only available in specified states. Others aren’t clear on the states in which they are available. autopom! has a few options that state they are currently unavailable and does not say if or when they’ll be available. However, potential clients can learn this information by contacting autopom! directly.

Cost of Service Plans

Since each extended vehicle plan depends on numerous factors, autopom! does not disclose any pricing for its plans. Each plan takes into account your vehicles make/model, mileage, year, and the customer's state of residence. Also, the cost will depend on which coverage level you choose and which plan.

Potential clients can receive a personalized quote for their car by working with autopom! directly.

No Coverage for Exotic Vehicles

While auotpom! covers most vehicle makes and models, it does not offer coverage for luxury brands such as Lamborghini, Bentley, Ferrari, Rolls-Royce, etc.

Potential clients with other car brands can find a good extended warranty from autopom!.

The Bottom Line

Choosing a trustworthy warranty company from the many warranty providers available is important. Warranty protection is a major purchase because it is an investment.

autopom! offers extended service contracts to help bring clients peace of mind with their vehicles. autopom! provides many coverage plans and benefits, including roadside assistance, choice of repair shop or car dealer, and rental car assistance. Customers looking to buy an extended warranty should make sure their car is covered under their desired plan and that they meet all the requirements.

autopom! recommends that potential clients call and speak with an autopom! specialist to help find the best service plan for them. autopom! is available in most states nationwide, but potential customers should call and check to see if their state is covered or fill out an online form to receive a quote. Overall, autopom! is a reputable and reliable company for those looking to protect their vehicle.

Call our recommended rep over at autopom! below.

autopom! Frequently Asked Questions

How much does autopom! cost?

Pricing for all coverage plans varies by several factors including the vehicle (year, make, and model), the mileage, your state of residence, and more. The easiest way to find out what it will cost for your vehicle is to request a free quote and speak to an autopom! coverage consultant.

How do I get an extended warranty quote from autopom!?

It's simple. Either request a quote online from our website at www.extended-vehicle-warranty.com or call (800) 724-8141. A friendly coverage consultant will respond ASAP during business hours of Monday–Friday 9:00 a.m.–5:00 p.m. PST.

How can I find out if my car can be covered by autopom!?

Since coverage eligibility varies by a number of factors (like model year, mileage, state), the quickest way is to either request a quote online from our website at www.extended-vehicle-warranty.com or call at (800) 724-8141 to find out if your vehicle is eligible.

What is covered by an autopom! extended car warranty?

Depending on vehicle eligibility, your coverage could range from basic powertrain all the way up to an exclusionary plan (comparable to the factory coverage).

What states is autopom! offered in?

Autopom! offers coverage in most states nationwide, including California. (Our California programs are Mechanical Breakdown Insurance and sold by licensed agents).

Will a car warranty through autopom! cover labor on car repairs?

Yes, all autopom! plans include labor for covered repairs. It varies by contract, but most contracts refer to nationally published labor guides for approved labor time on repairs.

Why should I buy an extended car warranty if I am still covered by the manufacturer’s auto warranty?

Your vehicle becomes “higher risk” the older it gets and the more miles are on it. The best coverage plans for the best prices will be available while your vehicle is still under the original factory coverage.

Elias zelaya
December 12th, 2019 Silver Spring, MD

This is my first time on purchasing extended warranty with autopom and my first impression was that the representative was easily to contact directly very professional and no pressure on me to purchase the coverage.

Dec 14, 2019

Thank you Elias, for taking the time to review us, your kind remarks and 5-Star rating. We are licensed agents here in California. We take pride in being professional and low pressure! Let us know if you ever need assistance with a claim or any other matter. Thank you again!

Harry Jones
December 5th, 2019 Alvin, TX

I thought your sales rep Lisa did an outstanding job reviewing the policy with me. She answered any questions I had. Great experiance

Dec 14, 2019

Thanks for your review and kind remarks! Let us know if you ever need assistance with a claim or other customer service. I hope you enjoy many miles of automotive peace-of-mind!

T Davis
November 22nd, 2019 Newport Beach, CA DETAILS

Very thorough, informative and to the point. Provided all the information I needed to make a informed decision. There are a lot of companies out there but I recommend this one., including my representative Colgan.

Dec 03, 2019

Thank you very much for your thoughtful remarks. Colgan is a valued employee and we value you as a customer and appreciate your business! Let us know if and when you need customer service.

Gaurav G
July 17th, 2019 Green Bay, WI DETAILS

** UPDATE 7/15/2019 Mike J called back, and we had a very informative conversation. So far so good! Enough to change from 1* to 5* This review is for the Customer Service received at the time of requesting a quote for my 2013 X3. Requested a quote on Jun/20/2019. received a quote from Colgan on Jun/21. Responded to e-mail, with questions/concerns - no response. Another follow-up e-mail, after 2 weeks - no response. Called back another week later, left VM, no call back. If this is the Sales Time customer experience, then I can only imagine how the post sales, service experience would be. At the same time, getting a quote from GWC, and the sales rep has been following-up every 3rd day, speaking with me at length, answering my questions, researching, providing me with options. Left a VM for Michael, their CEO) today - Let's see if I hear back from him at all.

July 5th, 2019 Inglewood, CA DETAILS

Bought their premium warranty, and recently took my car to the dealer to use the warranty AFTER I was told that my plan covered the needed repair, only to be told by the dealer that the repair was declined.

Sarah
June 13th, 2019 Tucson, AZ DETAILS

I had an issue with the AC on my Mini Cooper. I contacted my carrier, Autopom, who uses Royal Warranty. Unfortunately Royal denied the claim because a certain part was not covered. The president of Autopom contacted me, explained the situation, offered alternative repairs, and even followed up with Royal. Because of this, I am giving Autopom the highest rating available for customer service.

Nancy Brown
June 7th, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

So far, my experience is less than great. I just finished paying for this warranty last month, and am trying to use it for the first time. My car has been at the dealership (Nissan) ALL DAY today. All I need is a new driver's side VISOR. It's going to cost over $300 to have this fixed, which in and of itself is ridiculous, but hey--I have an extended warranty. The dealership is removing my visor so I can see so I can go pick up my car today since I need it tomorrow. They filed a claim, and are waiting for Autopom to call them back because they were on hold forever. I told the dealership it's my experience you have to keep calling, so I said I would do that now so I can go get my car today. However, I'm having the same issue they had: I had to hold for more than 35 minutes with annoying music before talking to someone. By the time I spoke to someone and they approved the claim, it was time to pick up my car that I desparately needed for a 7am meeting the next morning. In the meantime of all this waiting, I found a visor for under $180, much less than the $255 the dealership charges, and my husband will install it for free. UPDATE 2 days later: The company reached out to me and said they were experiencing an unusually high call volume when I called. (I would advise them they need more people answering phones during those high volume times.) Anyway, they told me more than likely had I called on another day I wouldn't have to wait so long. I'm hoping that the next time I may need service, this will be true. Customer Service seemed to be polite and good when I finally did speak with them. They also seem to want to resolve these issues, so I am hopeful the wait times for claims and phone calls will be improved next time.

Jun 08, 2019

Hi Nancy, My name is Mike Jones, president & CEO of autopom! Thank you for updating your review and rating. I do understand the importance of having your vehicle repaired quickly and efficiently. Next time you experience a delay in processing, please give my office a call directly (800) 724-8141. We (autopom!) are a separate company from your Administrator (Royal), but sometimes we can facility or expedite a claim. I would also recommend with your next repair that you get a rental car. Your contract includes some rental car reimbursement benefits. Most claims do require an overnight stay at the repair facility. Having a rental car will take some of the pressure off. Thank you again for updating your review.

Jacob Honea
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

I have used the warranty one time and the experience was good. It took a while to get the work started because an inspector had to verify and it only covers mechanic costs of $90 hour which is fine if you dont have an Audi. Otherwise i am very happy and satisfied!

Jun 08, 2019

Hello Jacob, Thank you for the review! We are glad to hear that your claim went well. 3rd party inspectors are sometimes called to come out and give a 3rd party unbiased confirmation of the failed parts to help determine if it was a pre-existing condition. The allowed labor/ labor rate will be verified by the nationally recognized labor rate guides per the terms of your contract. Most likely your contract Administrator did not cover the full labor rate because the shop/dealership was charging more than the average shops labor rate in the area.

Andrij Rudko
February 20th, 2019 DETAILS

Having trouble actually getting a claim going. I'm disappointed I have to be the middleman yet I have no authority to move it along. My provider has called and provided dish. Warranty reps say he didn't?

Jun 08, 2019

autopom! is the broker/seller and Mr. Rudko's contract was administered by UCC. Unfortunately, the Administrator determined that the issue with the customer's vehicle pre-existed the purchase of his contract. I personally assisted and advocated on behalf of the customer but in the end, the administrator was firm and their decision was final. I was however, able to get the customer a full refund instead of the pro-rated refund that was called for under the contract. The customer understood that his complaint was against the Administrator and not autopom! and subsequently retracted his BBB complaint against autopom! but this one is still standing on Bestcompany.com so I thought I should respond. Mike Jones, president & CEO, autopom!

Janice Johnson Ford
February 11th, 2019 Hollandale, MS DETAILS

My experience has been excellent this far, fast friendly service, easy to access and trustworthy!

Jun 08, 2019

Thank you for the kind words! We are very proud of our consultative selling style to help ensure the customer has an amazing experience when working with autopom!

Charles
February 11th, 2019 Orlando, FL DETAILS

Very Positive. Had some mechanical issues recently pop up. Brough vehicle to the dealer and Autopom did the rest. No issues, no drama just excellent service. Thanks

Jun 08, 2019

We are glad to hear you you had a smooth claim experience! Please feel free to contact our office at anytime if you need assistance. Our number is 800-724-8141.

Jesus Chavez
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Great service and wonderfull experince .... just have my firts claim on my truck they get job done quickly ... my truck its my. Bussines

Victoria Channer
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Talked with reps 3 times in last 6 months All good. Have Mercury warranty on current vehile and wanted to pick up anothe extended warranty.I didn't want overlapping warranties, but I didn't realize the price would go up almost $1,000 netween July and Deember. This seems unfair since I had a prior current warranty with the same company.

Corey. I
January 30th, 2019 DETAILS

Great experience! After talking to other competitors, Jovanny Nava was my was my sales contract who I'd reached out to. He didn't make me feel pressured to buy from them. On the other hand the competitors made me feel pressured to choose them. Getting phone calls from autopom's competitors everyday for like an week is what helped me choose autopom!

Thomas
January 22nd, 2019 Sarasota, FL DETAILS

The rep was wonderful, they seemed very knowledgeable and an honest and fair.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you Thomas for your kind remark. It is autopom!'s mission to provider automotive peace of mind through protection plans that are sold the right way!

Barbara
January 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Customer service answered all the questions. The sales representative was absolutely informative and compassionate to whatever it was I need. Considering the fact that I am a senior citizen and have a lot of things I was concerned about, he answered everything perfectly.

Jan 23, 2019

Hi Barbara, Thank you so much for your kind remarks! We love providing automotive peace-of-mind to senior citizens! I'm glad we were able to answer all your questions in a satisfactory manner.

Alan
January 22nd, 2019 Naples, FL DETAILS

When I talked to customer support, it was not a high pressure conversation. I told him what I was looking for and they sent me an estimate and everything was set. It looks very pleasant.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you Alan for the great feedback! We strive to provide a consultative, no-hassle approach to selling vehicle protection plans and providing automotive peace of mind - autopom!

Edgar
January 22nd, 2019 Clarksville, TN DETAILS

Customer service was really friendly and explained everything to me well. It was also cheaper.

Jan 23, 2019

Hi Edgar and thank you so much for your kind input! I'm glad we were able to provide you with a competitive quote! Value is one of our core values here at autopom! I hope you enjoy many miles of automotive-peace-of-mind - autopom!

January 22nd, 2019 Kuna, ID DETAILS

They gave me the best value. I think they are great so far. They have quick response and are easy to work with.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you Steven for your input! "Value" is one of our core values here at autopom! I'm glad we were able to provide you with the best value. I hope you enjoy many miles of automotive peace-of-mind - autopom!

Suleman
January 22nd, 2019 Buckeye, AZ DETAILS

The founder called me on the phone explained a lot of things about the warranty and was actually really helpful. I would definitely recommend them to somebody if they could get a warranty from the manufacturer.

Jan 23, 2019

Hi Suleman and thank you for the awesome recommendation! I remember our conversation. You had some very good questions. I appreciate you placing your business with us. Let me know if I may be of assistance in the future. Mike Jones, CEO / President, autopom!

January 22nd, 2019 Apple Valley, CA DETAILS

Customer service was really helpful in the times I had a problem.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you Steven for your input. We strive to be helpful when customers call us with issues or problems. Give us a call if you ever need additional assistance. I hope you enjoy many miles of automotive-peace-of-mind - autopom!

Sylvester
January 22nd, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

I chose them because I heard the great experience that they usually have when it comes to claims and so forth and I liked choosing the extended warranty. It seems like it is going to cover a majority of the vehicle issues. The price is comparable. The individual that helped me was able to answer my questions in a very respectful manner.

Jan 23, 2019

Hi Sylvester and thank you so much for the great feedback and kind remarks! I'm glad that your agent was able to provide you with a competitive no-hassle quote, answer all your questions in a courteous, respectful manner - that is the way we strive to sell protection plans here at autopom! I hope you enjoy many miles of automotive-peace-of-mind - autopom!

Gulu
January 22nd, 2019 Carmichael, CA DETAILS

They are overall responsive and very customer service oriented. They answered all my questions.

January 22nd, 2019 Henderson, NV DETAILS

I think they did an excellent job extending the warranty. They listened to what I needed and was able were able to adapt to that. They are basically a broker and they seem to do a reasonable job however the actual insurance company has horrible ratings and that kind of concerns me but I looked around and they were less horrible than other ones.

Jan 23, 2019

Thank you for the complementary review! We are indeed a broker/seller currently representing four Administrators that handle the claims. Our Administrators are all rated A+ by the BBB and have been in business for 25 years or longer. They are also some of the largest companies in the industry. I'm not sure which company is your Administrator but one company we represent sells 120,000 contracts per year through affiliated call centers and currently has 60 negative reviews on the BBB. It helps to put the critical reviews of this particular Administrator in perspective if you consider this represents only 0.0005% of their customers in one year. This suggests that the vast majority of their customers are satisfied. In any case, if you ever have difficulty with getting a claim approved with your Administrator, please give autopom!'s customer service (800) 724-8141 option "2" a call and we'll assist you to the best of our ability.

January 22nd, 2019 Palos Park, IL DETAILS

The policy doesn't take effect until you've owned a car for thirty days and driven at least a thousand miles. When I called customer service, he was very knowledgeable and low key but high pressure. It took almost a month to make a decision and he was calling me every two days. He did a good job and was a consummate professional. I would certainly recommend it without hestitaion.

Brian
January 22nd, 2019 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

I had a decent experience when talking to autopom people. Recently I tried to make a claim and I've been very disappointed. I attempted to use the warranty and it was denied.

Eric
January 22nd, 2019 Leavenworth, KS DETAILS

It was a really good choice. It is good customer service, they always answer my calls and questions. My representative was responsive and someone called back and that matters most to me.

Jan 23, 2019

Hi Eric and thank you for choosing autopom! We strive to be responsive and answer every call. If you ever need assistance, please give our customer service a call at (800) 724-8141 option "2". I hope you enjoy many miles of automotive-peace-of-mind - autopom!

January 22nd, 2019 Baytown, TX DETAILS

The young man that helped me was very friendly and knowledgeable. He explained everything with the different types of plans that they have. I did have some communication issues with the company now everything is good.

January 22nd, 2019 Enid, OK DETAILS

They've been very pleasant to deal with.

Michael
January 22nd, 2019 Altamonte Springs, FL DETAILS

It has a very clear contact and the sample contracts they had online are easy to read. Everything I got was quick and easy. The one time I had to deal with customer service, they were professional and easy. I haven't really had many opportunities to interact with them now, luckily.

Michael
January 22nd, 2019 Lowell, NC DETAILS

For what they offer, the level of coverage, it is very competitively priced. When I purchased it, they were very helpful and very knowledgeable and there was no pressure.

January 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I told I had a limit on how much money I want to spend and the salesperson didn't try to push me past it. She was very helpful.

Carl
January 22nd, 2019 Davidson, NC DETAILS

They offer a wide range of different options. They were not pushy. They were very professional. They took the time to explain the policy and the different options that were available. They were the absolute value for my money.

Jason
December 13th, 2018 Fairfax, VA

I submitted my request for a quote for my 2015 BMW M5 on November 13th, 2018. It is now December 12th, 2018, and I have not received any response. Very disappointed. Will not be doing business with a company that can't even bother to reach out.

Dec 13, 2018

Hi Jason, I'm so sorry to hear that you have not receive your quote. We try very hard to respond to every quote request within 24 hours. I checked our system and could not find a quote request from Jason in Virginia with a 2015 BMW M5. Sometimes missing quotes can be found in the users junk or spam folder. Did you check these folders on your computer or phone? Occasionally one of our quotes will wind up there. For immediate personal service, please call us at 800-724-8141 during our business hours 9 - 5 PM PST Mon - Fri. One of our friendly consultants will be happy to assist you.

Ernest Davis
November 30th, 2018 Berkeley, IL

I was never contacted by autopom after feeling out the request for info

Dec 06, 2018

Hi Ernest, Please accept my sincere apologies. We try to respond to every quote request that we receive. Did you check your spam or junk folder? Sometimes email winds up there. I tried to locate your name in our database but I have not been able to find your request. Please give me a call at (800) 724-8141 x4 and I will personally prepare your quote. Thanks, Mike.

William
August 28th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

This company is great! They worked so hard to resolve my claim with the repair facility. I have had a ton of car issues recently and they have gone above and beyond to get my issues fixed. Definitely worth the money!

Dec 06, 2018

Thank you William for your kind review! We do our very best to provide our customers automotive peace-of-mind with our vehicle protections plans. Glad to be of service!

Brian Nanton
July 23rd, 2018 Bellingham, WA DETAILS

They provided clear communication and explained details of the product very thorough. Great service overall and highly recommend.

Dec 06, 2018

Thank you Brian! We distinguish autopom! from the competition with our licensed agents and consultative, no-hassle style of selling. Glad you were pleased!

Capt. Will
July 23rd, 2018 Tracy, CA DETAILS

The staff is knowledgeable and the cost is reasonable

Jimmy Belmontez
July 23rd, 2018 Clovis, CA DETAILS

They are great! They say what they're going to do it they have been really trustworthy company.

shelly
July 23rd, 2018 Yonkers, NY DETAILS

good customer responses, even an idiot like me could underfstant the proposal

Steven Janda
July 19th, 2018 Shorewood, IL DETAILS

I needed a warranty that was reputable for my 2011 Toyota 4 Runner. I was very satisfied with the prompt service provided by the customer service reps.

Deleno Duncan
July 18th, 2018 Oakland, CA DETAILS

5👑 they are the best I've been dealing with autopom a few years and back back again with my newer Cadillac. I shopped around and autopom came out on top. D had a plan tailored just for me a California resident. I highly recommend them for your warranty insurance. Mike D and Alexis 5 👑 they know their craft ....

July 16th, 2018 Carrollton, TX DETAILS

Very professional...questions were promptly answered & great customer service

Jan
July 16th, 2018 Woodland Hills, CA DETAILS

Great. Representative was very knowledgeable and helpful

Larry
July 16th, 2018 Inglewood, CA DETAILS

The company cancelled my policy with no warning. I never received a monthly bill neither by mail nor email. I am not particularly happy with this establishment.

July 16th, 2018 Colton, CA DETAILS

Good service, Great follow thru and cusomter service. I had Mercury Through AAA auto club last time, My current vehicle is still under Manufacturers warranty but auto-pom only gave me 9 years instead of 10

Bob Wade
July 16th, 2018 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS

Easy to purchase, unused currently and hope to keep it that way.

Robert Babakhanyan
July 9th, 2018 Glendale, CA DETAILS

Great company & Good service but Don't like the $ limits on coverages! Also U guys cover some things but not most of the car repairs

Carryl Johnson
July 9th, 2018 Covina, CA DETAILS

The staff in Customer Service has always taken care of me. Alexis has gone over and above to get me refunds for covered work.

Walter Weronka
July 9th, 2018 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS

Great so far. Haven't needed to use it. I bought it for the future after my original policy company went bankrupt. Did my research and customer service explained California law and the protections I had. So far, so good.