Ally Auto Logo

3.6

LAST UPDATED: June 26th, 2022
Ally Auto has been helping people secure auto financing for almost 100 years. The company has more than 7,000 employees, 17,000 dealers, and 4 million customers across the United States.

The Good

• Buyer's Choice program
  • Ally Balloon Advantage program
  • Retail finance and SmartLease options
  • Vehicle protection products available

Buyer's Choice Program

Ally Auto's Buyer's Choice program combines the best of buying and leasing. The term length is determined based on the customer's vehicle selection and transaction. This program includes a special prepayment date; at 48 months into the contract, the customer can either prepay by selling the vehicle to Ally at the predetermined price set at signing (some stipulations apply) or do nothing and keep making the scheduled payments. This program also allows you to trade-in your vehicle at any time. The Buyer's Choice program is only available for eligible GM, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi brand vehicles. This program is not available in Nevada.

Ally Balloon Advantage Program

The Ally Balloon Advantage program works by taking a larger portion of your payment and attaching it to the end of the contract. This helps keep your monthly payments low. However, this program still has the same aspects of a traditional loan, including fixed APRs and monthly payments throughout the contract term. Additionally, you can sell or trade-in your vehicle at any time, as long as you pay off the remaining amount when you do. With the Balloon Advantage program, you can buy new GM, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi vehicles and all used vehicles except for Saab and Suzuki. This program is not available in Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, or Pennsylvania.

Retail Finance and SmartLease Options

Ally Auto offers both financing and leasing options. The company's SmartLease program allows customers to lease new or pre-owned vehicles through eligible dealers. However, it's only available for select models, but the website doesn't specify which models, so you'll have to contact the company for more information if this is something you are interested in.

Vehicle Protection Products Available

Ally Auto provides a variety of vehicle protection products, including maintenance contracts, theft protection, and tire and wheel coverage.

The Bad

• Acceptable credit ranges not defined
  • Rates and terms not disclosed

Loan Amounts Not Defined

Unfortunately, the Ally Auto website does not mention minimum or maximum loan amounts, so it's unclear how much you can borrow for an auto loan.

Rates and Terms Not Disclosed

Ally Auto has not disclosed interest rates or terms on its corporate website, leaving potential customers unsure of what to expect. Although these factors typically vary from case to case, it would be nice if the company provided a general range to give individuals an idea of whether or not the company will fit their needs.

The Bottom Line

Ally Auto offers a number of auto loan options, including its Buyer's Choice program, its Ally Balloon Advantage program, its retail finance programs, and its SmartLease program. Each of these programs provide unique features that benefit different individuals and their needs. However, Ally Auto has not disclosed loan amounts, interest rates, or terms on its corporate website, leaving potential customers to wonder whether or not Ally Auto is the right car loan company for them.

1.5

heidi m johnson Mt. Pleasant, SC

I have nothing but good to say about Ally Auto. I was leasing from Chrysler Capital I turned in a perfect car and had trouble after words. I got a new car leasing from Ally , what a big difference. Ally was up front they gave a hand full of information on what to expect from them and info about when it's time to turn the car in. I got emails as well. Ally explains clearly about the miles what they charge, and dents, or damage. Very detailed information about what to do and how to care, also their webpage is easy to use, a person can turn off their payments when needed, you can email asking info for a buyout. Nothing shady happened like Chrysler Capital. I bought my car 2019 Jeep. I didn't get stuck with any surprise bills. I highly recommend Ally Auto. I will definitely use them again in the future and recommend them to family or friends. I learned from my experience from my other bank so I was skittish!

1 day ago

DOOM_123 Galaxy Hamburg, PA

My review will sound very familiar to anyone reading this. Please note I was not paid for my review, this is honest and true. I live in Pennsylvania and this is my horror story. On May 23, 2022 I went to the original dealership I leased my 2019 Jeep Cherokee from and asked what my options are, lease is coming to an end. The option chose was to do a buyout, my procovid buyout agreed amount was 15,000 + unpaid payments. The dealership is able to access all of this information. Total buyout was 18877.81 (15k + payments still due). I financed this amount through a financial institution plus paid PA sales tax. Today is 6/25/2022, Ally is now saying I owe 1000k plus late charges. The dealership has not received the title and Ally will not release the title until I pay this bogus amount they came up even after the agree upon buyout was satisfied. To me it appears Ally didn’t disperse or allocate the funds properly, I’m able to check my account online and see where the payment of 18877.81 posted but then this additional bogus amount. At this point, I’m not paying the $1000. They will hold the title indefinitely. End of story.

1 day ago

Amy Smith Fayetteville, AR

Do NOT, and I repeat, do NOT use this company for your auto loan. I paid my vehicle off early and 4 months later, I'm still trying to get my title! After waiting an appropriate amount of time I called inquiring about receiving my title. I was told I should receive it in 7-10 days. Life happened. Realized I had not received it and called again. After a very frustrating conversation with again someone outside of the United States, it was conveyed to me my account was on hold because it was flagged as being in bankruptcy, which it was NOT and had NEVER been!! I was told again my title was coming in 7-10 days. Called at day 7 (no title) asking to speak with someone in the US (the call had been routed to the Philippines this time...the 2 times before it sounded as though it was routed to India). I spoke with Lee, a supervisor (or so I was told) who wasn't able to tell me how my account had been messed up but stated it was being investigated and again said I'd have the title in 7-10 days. I felt with this being my 3rd time of being told the same story, I asked if it could be overnighted. Lee said the best he could do was 24-48 hrs since the title department had already closed. Guess what?! Still no title and now I'm waiting on the title department to call me back! This company stinks! DO NOT USE THEM.

Deisha Jenkins Brussels, BRU

I had a 75 month auto contract with ally which was suppose to end in December 2021. I started calling in November 2021 to find out why the calculator, the count down, and the number of payments on the dash board where all saying different things??? I told them my contract was for 75 months I should not still have 7 payments my contract should end next month. December 2021. They told me that I requested 2 deferments two in 2017 and again in 2020. I told them I have never requested a deferment. Even so I should have 5 payments not 7 and asked them to go over my payment history I have never missed a payment nor have a signed any documents requesting a deferment of my payments. I asked them to send me documentation showing I signed for a deferment. I have never received the documents and called 4 more times still no documents and still paying on a car that should have been paid off 6 months ago. I still can not get a straight answer to why I'm still paying on this car and still waiting on documents showing my deferment and payment history Customer service sucks!!! I feel like I'm being cheated with no one at the company trying to help me.

Delshawn Tuitt Orlando, FL

Ally financial is the most terrible auto industry that I know. I requested information that they stated they can only send me through fax not email and they sent me twice a different person document. That breaks all hipaa violation because now I know this person's account number, what drive, where they live etc.. I waited over an 2 hours for my documents which they said it has been sent but I received that other person's documents again twice.. I explain that I'm afraid of my information being sent to another person because they were sending me someone else documents. This is a very big concern for me. I asked to speak with managers and never spoke with them, asked to speak with someone in legal and again nothing. They provided me the wrong number for legal. I still have the person document. I called again and now they will not give me legal number and they keep hanging up the phone on me.. The disrespect

Rhonda Slade Oxnard, CA

Worst company ever. Won't allow you any options for military active duty to pause payments until you get paid or come back from not camp. Won't work with you at all. They contacted me 2 days after the payment was late enough to be over 30 days. So I was reported to the credit bureaus while my mom was making payments every month but they never informed her that there was 2 payments due and she spoke to them over the phone several times. Not a good company at all to have an auto loan with. I'm refinancing with my military resources now. Never trusting these people again. Wasted my money with them.

Keith Beres Atlanta, GA

Just paid off my auto loan with Ally which they didn’t make easy. After dealing with them for over three years I’d say the website isn’t as strong as it should be and their “support” on the phone is really bad.

Michelle Skinner Clearwater, FL

Worst customer service of any company I've ever dealt with. My husband died and I was trying to get information that I needed and the representative was a WITCH. Complaining that she had just had surgery while she's yelling at me! I told her I don't give a crap about your surgery, my husband just died. Most unprofessional employees ever! Avoid at all cost. I've been waiting on hold for 30 minutes now.

Josh Cusack Chicago, IL

The absolute worst bank. Ask before you lease/finance what bank it is is through, and if its with Ally look somewhere else. They purposely make it incredibly difficult to sell your leased car to someone else. For a dealer to buyout my car it is $10,000 more than if I buyout the car. no other reason to do that other than Ally's own financial benefit and incredibly detrimental to my efforts to sell the car. Then for them to process the buyout and send me the title can take 3-4 weeks even if I overnight the cashiers check to them. Terrible company that has purposely made it difficult for their own customers. NEVER USE ALLY! ASK THE DEALER WHO YOUR LOAN IS THROUGH BEFORE BUYING!

Jeff Coke Lake Havasu City, AZ

Ally is the worst company for customer support. if you ever actually get anyone on the phone they do not speak English and you always need to be transferred and then resubmit everything again. They imputed my payment incorrectly on their side as the check was for the correct amount and they cashed it for the correct amount. They admitted that they messed up and then corrected the dollar amount by taking it from one of my other accounts which then showed that account was underpaid. Again they received and cashed the correct amount of money but cant seem to understand how to apply it to the accounts correctly. Mean while they hit all 3 credit agenceys and dropped my credit score by over 100 points for each.

Amarie Rodriguez Spring, TX

During the beginning of Covid we received an email of a deferred payment for 3 months offer, we accepted the terms and I later find out that they only entered 2 months and our payment showed late for the 3rd month. We had no idea and we’re made aware of this after 3 months when I received an email telling us that we had 3 months in a row of late payments. I explained about our email offer and they said they would correct it. It was never corrected and this was reported to our credit report. It has impacted our credit and unable to refinance because of there mistake. I would never recommend Ally to anyone.

L C Ballston Spa, NY

I recently had a frustrating experience with Ally Auto and had left negative reviews however, I received a phone call from Sara, an Account Executive for the Customer Relations Dept at Ally Auto. She has been with the company for a long time and we had an extremely pleasant conversation. She was patient, empathetic, compassionate, kind, and asked me to give her time to look into my situation. A few days later, my issue was resolved and she was able to fix the problem. I went back and erased my bad review, and decided to leave one dedicated to her. She is an incredible asset to the company, and if anyone has any problems - try to reach out to her for help. She may be able to do something.

Michael Racca Boston, MA

BUYER BEWARE if you like call centers misinformation and fees fees fees then Ally is for you!!!! Not only does customer service lack any knowledge about well anything other than what you can provide them on the account but RUDE RUDE RUDE I can’t wait to change my auto finance company

destiny chatham Greenville, SC

Absolutely worst people ever! Might as well kiss your hard earned money good-bye! Nobody speaks English and the ignorance of these individuals are ridiculous. I CANNOT wait to pay my car off. Horrible experience with horrible people. I’d give a 0/5 if I could. BEWARE!

Tammy Coon Charlotte, NC

The ABSOLUTE WORST! My first time an my last! They report inaccurate information to credit bureaus and its heck getting removed! How can one credit report show good standing yet another show past due for same month? For several different months when payment has never been late! When you call them you will never speak to a person that knows anything! Incompetent employees! This bank is very difficult to communicate with and this business blows my mind!!!!!

Kendal Overbay Pasadena, CA

Less than 1 star. I've purchased going on 30 vehicles in my life so far. This experience makes me want a bicycle. Nobody at ally knows whats going on, you can't understand them, calls conveniently drop after being on hold forever. Mailed them a payoff check a month ago with tracking and it arrived but they somehow didn't get it for another 2 weeks but it hasn't shown on my account. Now I'm receiving 8 calls a day telling me I have a late payment. I'm ready to lose my mind. Ally should be a greeting people at Walmart not a financial institution.

Tara Sue Myers Camp Hill, PA

I have 1 car payment left of$240.69. Yet they say I still owe from last month . Made my payment in March and they say it was applied to a partical payment from the month prior. I have made all my payments for a year and half on time and yet some how some where I still owe more money. There's always some excuse on why I still owe even though I made the full car payment. Took them 45 mins and 4 transfers to tell me another line of BS.

Creston Painter Muskegon, MI

Dishonest company. I got a buy out number from them through there website for 30000. When I tried selling my lease to a third party they raised the buyout 6000 dollars. When asked why this isn’t stipulated anywhere on their site, they had no response. They just said they reserved the right to sell at max market value regardless of two years worth of payments. Simply put. They are awful and karma is real.

Carmen Sifuentes Atlanta, GA

This company owes me refund money since October of last year. First 4 calls they stated the check was sent to wrong address and now they are saying the check shows cashed. I now have to wait for them to do an internal update which I'm 100% sure will result in them resending the check since I NEVER RECEIVED IT. It just feels like they keep giving excuse after excuse. How do you send a check to the wrong address 3 times. Maybe it's all those fraud Netflix documentaries messing with my head. Should I be worried

Mmoral2019 Port Saint Lucie, FL

Awful is an understatement, they received the pay off check for our old lease over a month ago and the statement says nothing is owed. Received a letter in the mail a few days ago saying we are two payments late, called and the customer service representative is saying the check was ‘reversed’, are you kidding? The money is out of our account and we received no notification. She saying it showed paid but reversed and she could not see the reason why but was on the phone with the ‘other department’ when I asked what that department was she ignored the questions and kept saying it was reversed and she couldn’t see why. I then was on hold for a transfer to a different department. The department could not be reached and when I again asked she said “this is collections and I am trying to connect you to auto” to which I replied this is auto because the number is listed on the website and all over the internet that this number is auto. She hesitated and stumbled on her words and then said “oh well, I’ll try and reconnect you”. I asked for the auto department number and she started talking about my account. I am still trying to reach someone who will help. Ally is a fraud.

Jamie Pensgard Atlantic, IA

I financed my vehicle in May 2020 through Ally. Made my online payments 100 percent on time, never had a single issue. Paid off my vehicle June 2021. It took two weeks (with pandemic I wasn't worried) but Ally sent me my title and now I'm on my way to registering my vehicle in my name. I worried about all these negative reviews but I seriously had zero issues with Ally, so there is hope if you're reading through all the negatives worrying like I was!

JimboPierce Plymouth, MA

Worst financial experience with any bank in my 50+ years. I've wasted hours trying to get to the bottom of a couple lingering issues with an Auto Lease. No one at Ally seems to care despite my best efforts to get eyes on it....I've sent them screenshots of 90 minute phone calls (45 minutes on hold) and more. I would 100% not buy a vehicle I love if it meant having to finance with Ally.

Sanjay Amin South Plainfield, NJ

This is a lousy company. I paid for my lease in full in January 19 and they still have not sent me the letter of payment in full or the title. Called them numerous time and the customer service is clueless they themselves told that all they can do is send the tracker mail to back office, they have no clue on how to send you the title. Atleast 5 time they send the mail and nobody called. I am still waiting for the title. When I called dealer, they told me good luck on getting title from Ally. I am giving 1 start and there is no 0 or negative start

xtreme gutters Ridgewood, NJ

Xtreme Gutters and Home services . Horrible experience with Ally auto we try to make monthly auto payments and they find the way to cancel the bank transaction every time I had call many times they said the problem is fix and close to the end of the payment I have to call and pay extra $3-4 charge over the phone to complete payment I wish I can pay the hole balance at ones so I don’t have to keep calling these company I give them a 0 from 100

Matthew Berlew Richmond, VA

As many others seemed to experience, the worst customer service I have ever experienced with any company. All I wanted to know was my lease buyout dollar amount. A very simple question. My first call, they told me 1-2 business days. Five calls later and I still don't have the payoff amount. I have been promised deadlines twice at this point and both have been broken. I can't wait to refinance my loan with another company and be rid of this already. I would stear clear.

Amber C Fort Worth, TX

If I could rate this company a -5 I would. HORRIBLE!!!!! TAKE YOUR MONEY AND RUN. They’re the worst. My fiancé has been paying off a TOTAL LOSS car for three months now. They lie about how much your insurance sends them so you’re paying off your total loss car plus the new car you’ve had to buy yourself. They’re thief’s, cheats, and liars. Don’t not recommend ally WHAT SO EVER. They don’t even answer the phone 99% of the time. Been on hold today and yesterday for an HOUR. Ridiculous. Horrible customer service.

MS Nurse Jackson, MS

Horrible!!! If you’re lucky enough to get someone on the phone, they have no idea of what’s going on! I had to call via 3 way along with my insurance agent to try and resolve the delay in completing the total loss process. If I could give 0 stars I would. It’s been a month and yet another payment is due on a total loss vehicle. If payment isn’t made it’ll certainly affect my credit score. Every time I call it’s a different lie about what’s needed. This has been the worst experience ever!!! Horrible Horrible! I asked to speak with a supervisor and the guy asked “why do you need to speak with a supervisor???” Did I say horrible?? It’s beyond horrible!!!! Amazingly horrible!

Don Zokor St Louis, MO

Very poor service, they will pull your money out be sure of that but when it's time for them to pay you, forget it. I traded a vehicle in mid December and I had the extended warranty and GAP insurance. It's now going into March and they have yet to pay me. Today I spoke with them for the 10th time and instead of the GAP check being mailed two weeks ago like I was told last week it's not just being sent. Plus my warranty is still sitting there and the lady told me today it's going to be another two days before she can verify the check is going out this week. They owe me $2900 for a warranty check and $1300 for GAP and it's been like pulling teeth. Small people like myself mean nothing to large companies like this, very very poor service. I told the lady if it was the other way around you would just pull the money from my account immediately. So maybe by mid March I will have the warranty check.

jeffrey Leasburg, NC

This is the worst company ever , I had a person buy my loan out directly with ally , waited the grueling 10 days holding , i made several calls to these people and every person on the phone didn't speak clear English and don't know what they are talking about . i got multiple different answers from these people every time i called about the process on the title it took a total of 12 days to process everything and clear the funds , 20 days later after the title and lien was released the funds got returned to the person who paid it after he already took possession of the car, ally specifically told me multiple times after i called that once the lien and title is released that this buyer cannot get a refund , which later on turned out to be a massive lie , because now i have ally calling me demanding i pay them the over due balance , later down the road I finally discovered the person who paid for this was using a stolen bank account and I was a victim of theft and fraud , but ally does not care they say the same crap over and over " im sorry for the inconvenience " why should i be held liable for this do i not have any protections over this ? ally doesn't give a crap about anyone they only care about money and they will run you into the ground over it too , STAY AWAY FROM THEM

Patrick Steele Richardson, TX

Ally has the absolute worst online customer service. They nickel/dime you every chance they get! They're dishonest about how much you owe. When covid first happened like most I was hit financially. I needed help with my payments. Ally refused to help! One person actually said "that's strange we didn't offer help. We help everyone" . They finally took my car. Only after I made a complaint to the state they decide the next time I needed help to help. What they didn't tell me was they were going to add another$4000 to my account. I keep trying to get help and assistance from them but even paying my bill but I get no help. I get nasty customer service. And I don't get any help. Just stay away from these criminals. They will lie cheat and steal. And the watch dog consumer agencies won't help.

Kristina Powell Chapel Hill, TN

I will absolutely never use them again we have one payment left on our vehicle & both my husband & I came down with Covid he is still in the hospital & I received multiple calls from Ally asking for the payment now grant it I just made a payment at the beginning of the month. Now they are telling me that they are going to repo our vehicle when we only owe $900 with the fees & we have paid off over $28,000 on this vehicle in my mind I own more of the vehicle than they do. I guess they are showing their true colors as to how their customers matter to them no compassion at all just I need a date that you are going to pay not a how is your husband doing or a I’m sorry. Guess what what goes around comes around & one day you will need your customers to care & this one will not I really wish they would shut this place down!

Rhonda Long Wilmington, NC

I have 2 cars financed with Ally Auto . First of all , it would be nice to get someone on phone that actually spoke English clearly . I recently checked my credit scores and obviously , they have placed my account past due for the past year . All payments were made on time . The problem was that on several payments I paid a few days early . If I had the payment early I would submit it . Apparently , they applied both payments to the same month making my account 30 days late for one year . I have called several times to straighten out the mistake and was told they would not fix the issue . I requested that a manger call back , never happened . Once my accounts are paid off I will never do business with them again .

Sarah N Oakhurst, CA

I used ally twice bought a new car in 2018 paid my loan off in 2019. Bought another new car in 2019 and am working steadily on paying off that car ahead of schedule as well, I'm almost done with this loan and will likely use them next year to buy a truck. My one and only issue with them as I was using their loan to build up my credit, is that it seems they don't report back to the credit bureaus monthly and do so quarterly. Other than that their app and website make it easy to make my payments.

Leon Yoakum Los Angeles, CA

This is the company I used to finance my 1st vehicle. Customer service was very good.

Greg Portland, OR

Such a bad experience. I wanted to trade in a leased vehicle at the dealership but they wouldn't allow the dealer to pay off my lease. Instead, I had to buy it out myself and then, once I had the title, trade it in at the dealership. Was a complete nightmare and I'll never use Ally again.

Courtney Lynch Greenville, SC

My insurance company sent them documentation over three weeks ago because the car was a total loss, and they have yet to even look at the documentation. I can only speak to someone at the total loss department. But this department will not answer the phone or call you back. After 15 minutes of holding a message states that the reps are too busy and try again later. Now I am stuck making two car payments and cannot get any assistance from Ally.

Viv Audinot Kingston, NY

My vehicle was a total loss. Ally received payoff from my insurance company, but never paid loan off and kept billing me for two months afterwards. Plus, to make matters worse they DO NOT pick up the phone. You can’t speak to ANYONE in the Loss dept. Frustrating!! I will never finance an Auto through them again. ONLINE BANKS are the WORST. NO brick and mortar branch to walk into so they can resolve a problem. Im still trying to get this nightmare rectified.

Heather McCracken Hayward, CA

I would give Zero stars if I could. This is literally the worst company that we have ever had our unfortunate leases with. The wait time and lack of consistency with customer service is horrible. We handed one of our jeep leases back and got a bill for 2800.00. I know we have mileage overages, but not 2800.00. They just want to get more money out of you. Do not do business with this company!!!! The dealership that we got our jeeps from have stopped using them. They do not have a good reputation out there in the auto world. I will be reporting them as well.

anthony wieber Frankfurt am Main, HE

RUN! Do not finance any vehicle through Ally. They have the WORST customer service of any company I have ever dealt with. Ally quoted me a value to pay off my lease early as I moved out of the country. I paid this amount that was quoted to me, yet Ally refuses to send me a document noting the amount or send me the transcript of the conversation (which they confirmed exists) to me. Incredibly incompetent - will NEVER finance through Ally again.

Robert Jamaica Plain, MA

So I leased a vehicle two years ago , used Ally for the leasing. Because of back surgery, I cannot drive the Jeep anymore. I went to the same dealership I originally leased the vehicle from. Mind you, I put $8500 down and paid over $12,000 into the lease. That’s $20,000 I have gave to Ally. The Jeep was $51,000 originally. Now two years later. Ally wants $51,500 for the trade in. The dealership will only give me $49,000 for the car. BOTTOM LINE, ALLY WANTS MORE MONEY NOW, THEN I ORiGINALLY BOUGHT THE CAR FOR. That’s after giving the $20,000 into it.

Robert Zabel Commerce, MI

a poor rating is a gift! i paid this loan company 94% of the loan amount 6 month ago and paid off 60 bucks the remainder of the loan my bank has cleared it and allys site list that its paid if full but no way will they expedite a pay off letter!!!!!!!!!!!!! ally is not the borrowers friend ! its obvious they could care less 6.79 interest with an 811 fico score! try your credit union instead.

Austin Tempe, AZ

Ally is an AWFUL bank. They do not help out with payment extensions etc. It appears they don't care about you or your financial well being at all. Been waiting for over a month for a payoff document from them that they said 5-7 business to get. And they are still demanding monthly payments. This is just a brief outline of the issues I'm having with this bank... DO NOT USE THEM

Rod H.

Tried calling them 3 times today. Got hung up on 2x during the transfer, then when when the transfer works correctly, I could barely hear and understand the person on the other end. I asked them to transfer me, and received no response. I informed the customer agent again that I could not hear them, and to transfer me, and then I got hung up on. Wasted 90 minutes of my day trying to correct a mistake. So far, their customer service leaves a LOT to be desired. Is there no supervision? WTH is going on there? NOT ACCEPTABLE.

Peter Flemister Elmsford, NY

Absolute garbage service. Am trying to sell my (leased) car due to financial difficulties. Went to a dealership to sell and Ally upcharged the dealership buyout by over $10k, more than the car was bought for new. Refinanced on my own with another bank to buyout the lease, and took several weeks and many calls to get the official buyout letter from Ally. Now the lease is FULLY PAID OFF, and they are now stonewalling me on the title. Where is the title? They won't tell me. They won't send me the title to the car that I now own. If I don't get that title before the end of the year I stand to lose a lot more money. I've never missed a payment or had a late payment, and the level of service has been absolutely trash. Please, if a dealership tries to push you into a deal with Ally, for the love of God walk out and find another dealership.

victoria bremer Doylestown, PA

I wish that I could choose 0 stars. I have NEVER experienced anything as ridiculous as I have working with Ally auto. I have leased a car with them for 3 years - never missing a payment. I am trying to buyout my car. I sent the buyout check OVER a month ago. I have reached out countless times checking on the status of the check. They assured me MULTIPLE times that I would receive my package to sign within 2 days. Now, over a month later... they are saying my cashiers check is not valid even though my name is on it. I have tried to call them multiple times and have received no answer. I cannot believe that this company gets away with being so horrible. They are withholding thousands of dollars from me. DO NOT work with Ally Auto. Pick any other company!!!!!

Sarah Kennedy FL

I was double charged last month and they refused to refund me. The agent on the phone was unprofessional, and more concerned about getting back to her personal time. This error on Ally's part was due to them stating I had not payed my bill, In which is on Autopay. I checked with the site several times looking for why i had not been charged my auto draft yet, it showed no auto draft set up. To which I know I Infact had set it up. There appears to be a glitch in the website so I just set up a manual payment. Within a couple days I was double charged and now the auto draft appeared to be in effect. I called customer service to talk to an actual person in obvious hopes of a solution, only to be met with a highly unprofessional woman.Due to the lack of rectification on their end it caused me to miss my auto insurance payment, in turn got me canceled. I had to pay additional fees to reinstate, in addition to taking away from my children's birthday. This isn't the first or even the second bad experience with this company. I highly recommend going with another agency. I still have not received my refund either. Im flabbergasted this is how Ally runs their company. You'd think for a long time customer who makes their payments consecutively every month they'd put a bit more effort in a solution in a timely manner as well their professionalism.

Jared Allen Indianapolis, IN

Horrible service all together and minimal support when contacting support. I am currently on day 55 of waiting for my payoff amount difference to be sent to me via mail. They just only now realized it was never sent out and have zero answers as to why it never was sent. Again, this took myself and a car sales manager to reverse engineer their side of things to track it. We literally did their job for them and then some… the most help I ever received was from 6 different reps not knowing the policy and attempting to string together the same talk track they ALL should be on the same page for. ABSOLUTELY DO NOT USE ALLY AUTO, good or bad credit. Don’t mess with their service. 8% APR on decent credit, never missed a payment, often over paid and then some. YET THEY CAN AND WILL BEND YOU OVER WHEN POSSIBLE

rick myers Toronto, ON

Should have a "0" Star rating. If anyone that is leasing a vehicle do not use ALLY unless you like to have many customer service reps tell you one thing, others another, document on web site another and so on. I have never been given more inaccurate information by representatives from same company in my many years of dealing with people. In a nut shell: Decided to trade in at a dealer ship not associated with ALLY. My buyout was 20,000. They were given a buyout of 42,000... more than the car was new. Called dealer where I leased it from, they said only option is to turn in there. Car had low mileage, called Carvana, offered me 29,000. Decided to buy it out myself then re-sell to Carvana. 6 Weeks later still no title, they have had money for a month.. many calls. Website says, send certified or bank check and would have within 10 days. I sent next day UPS.. waste of money but at least I had tracking information.. 4 weeks in a requested a supervisor.. just gets worst.. Hopefully this will be past me.. but the sour taste will never go away..

Jordan Graham Windsor Mill, MD

This is by far the worst experience ive had dealing with any organization. During covid i lost my job and needed a 2 month deferment/extension to get back on my feet. I spoke with a representative who had me pay a fee of $364 for the service (makes sense) a month later my credit is dropped for a “late payment” and come to find out the payment was put towards the loan and not the deferment and there is no record on my profile of a deferment, matter of fact there are no notes on my profile at all. So i call again to figure out what was going on and the representative says that I called and canceled my deferment. From then i knew there wss something sketchy about Ally because i didnt have a job, why would i pay for a service, and cancel it given my situation. Again there was no call log or profile notes concerning my cancellation other than the notification, of which did not come from any action i took. A manager spoke to me and i explained to her the situation and we settled on a courtesy request to allow me to get the deferment i had previously paid for, and i was to hear back within 2 days. That was sept 30th and since then i have heard nothing back from anyone but collections despite my calls every 2 or so days to speak to a manager concerning my courtesy request, of which was scrubbed from my profile notes because there were days reps and managers could see the unread request up until last week, and now there is no record of any deferment requests at all other than my “cancellation”. Regardless ally got another payment out of us that we requested, were eligible for, and specifically paid for over the phone. I will never return to ally auto, neither will my family, customers, nor the people i reference. Sad part is i know im not the only one.

CORRADO INFANTINO Plant City, FL

This is the worst possible bank to do any type of business with! Their customer service is the worst I have ever dealt with, they don’t do a single thing for their customers, to HELP their customers. This bank not only had my vehicle towed at 3 am from my own driveway but then they told me in order to release my car I had to pay a little over $1100 to get my car back and not only did I do that, I paid over $7000 to pay the entire vehicle off instead and they still sent my car to auction and still have the $7000 I paid to have my car back! This company is a disgrace, including the actual people who work there. I have spoken to many representatives here with my frustration levels being over the top and sure, there’s a certain way of handling difficult customers like myself at the time but the way they handled themselves was certainly not the proper way and I made that very clear to each and every one of them! I’m currently on hold with them now for 40 minutes just to get a supervisor on the line, apparently my representative here can’t find a single supervisor in the whole building they are working in to take my call… I will personally make this supervisor hop in his car and drive the 3 hour distance they drove my car to, to pick it back up and bring it to my house because this is ridiculous, I’m not paying these people another single dime!