Ally Auto

Ally Auto Logo

4.9

Ally Auto

Ally Auto offers bad credit loans

Ally Auto has been helping people secure auto financing for almost 100 years. The company has more than 7,000 employees, 17,000 dealers, and 4 million customers across the United States.

The Good

• Buyer's Choice program
  • Ally Balloon Advantage program
  • Retail finance and SmartLease options
  • Vehicle protection products available

Buyer's Choice Program

Ally Auto's Buyer's Choice program combines the best of buying and leasing. The term length is determined based on the customer's vehicle selection and transaction. This program includes a special prepayment date; at 48 months into the contract, the customer can either prepay by selling the vehicle to Ally at the predetermined price set at signing (some stipulations apply) or do nothing and keep making the scheduled payments. This program also allows you to trade-in your vehicle at any time. The Buyer's Choice program is only available for eligible GM, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi brand vehicles. This program is not available in Nevada.

Ally Balloon Advantage Program

The Ally Balloon Advantage program works by taking a larger portion of your payment and attaching it to the end of the contract. This helps keep your monthly payments low. However, this program still has the same aspects of a traditional loan, including fixed APRs and monthly payments throughout the contract term. Additionally, you can sell or trade-in your vehicle at any time, as long as you pay off the remaining amount when you do. With the Balloon Advantage program, you can buy new GM, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi vehicles and all used vehicles except for Saab and Suzuki. This program is not available in Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, or Pennsylvania.

Retail Finance and SmartLease Options

Ally Auto offers both financing and leasing options. The company's SmartLease program allows customers to lease new or pre-owned vehicles through eligible dealers. However, it's only available for select models, but the website doesn't specify which models, so you'll have to contact the company for more information if this is something you are interested in.

Vehicle Protection Products Available

Ally Auto provides a variety of vehicle protection products, including maintenance contracts, theft protection, and tire and wheel coverage.

The Bad

• Acceptable credit ranges not defined
  • Rates and terms not disclosed

Loan Amounts Not Defined

Unfortunately, the Ally Auto website does not mention minimum or maximum loan amounts, so it's unclear how much you can borrow for an auto loan.

Rates and Terms Not Disclosed

Ally Auto has not disclosed interest rates or terms on its corporate website, leaving potential customers unsure of what to expect. Although these factors typically vary from case to case, it would be nice if the company provided a general range to give individuals an idea of whether or not the company will fit their needs.

The Bottom Line

Ally Auto offers a number of auto loan options, including its Buyer's Choice program, its Ally Balloon Advantage program, its retail finance programs, and its SmartLease program. Each of these programs provide unique features that benefit different individuals and their needs. However, Ally Auto has not disclosed loan amounts, interest rates, or terms on its corporate website, leaving potential customers to wonder whether or not Ally Auto is the right car loan company for them.

3.9

MatthewMcGill
May 17th, 2018 DETAILS

They are really good to deal with. good rates.

Dominic Richard Glass
May 17th, 2018 Rancho Cucamonga, CA DETAILS

nice people few times I needed to talk or request information

Norma J SHIRLEY
May 7th, 2018 Canton, OH DETAILS

They are very professional and helpful. They explain everything and work with you.

Nicolle Picking
May 7th, 2018 Clearwater, FL DETAILS

When I bought my car they accepted me as a new customer so I could drive the car home from the lot immediately and gave me a good rate.

Nerissa 'Nerz' Maniago
May 7th, 2018 Bear, DE DETAILS

They have provided great customer services.

A Woods
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Easy to work with, good rates, very helpful customer service, user friendly website

May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

Very easy to use and work with. No surprises

Anna
May 7th, 2018 DETAILS

they are very helpful in all aspects of my loan and understandable for consumer

Cassidy Gundersen
December 5th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

I have been with Ally Auto since 2014. And my overall experience with them has been pleasant. Every time I have called in their agents have been friendly and helpful. Their log-in portal on their website is simple and easy to use. However, there is not many features to it- so its main function is simply checking your total. There have been no major issues with them in my 4 years with them. I tried to set up bi-monthly payments and was told I had to fill out paperwork and submit it via mail. After doing that I was informed I couldn't set up bi-monthly payments. Several months later- they set up the feature to do payments online. You still cannot schedule multiple payments in one month, but you can set up your monthly payment online now, which is an essential addition to their website.

Sarah Lawson
August 4th, 2017 Crete, NE

If I could give no stars I would. DO NOT USE THIS BANKS FOR ANY TYPE OF FINANCING!!! They are the worst bank ever to deal with. I had a vehicle loan under them, and when the vehicle was totaled in an accident it took me 4 MONTHS!!!, to get the proper paperwork from them to send to my GAP insurance. I had to call everyday, sometimes multiple times, trying to get a hold of someone who spoke English that I could "sort of understand", and then would have to wait 24 hours for them to continually fax me the incorrect paperwork, over and over, because it is against their policy to email documents. I talked to multiple supervisors, none of which could get me the proper documents because they didn't have the right privileges, and they would continue to send me back to the same horrible customer service number. I finally had to have my GAP insurance talk to them to get the right paperwork TWO DAYS, before GAPS due date to have the car covered!!!! To add to everything three months later, after the car was supposed to be completely paid off (the car had been totaled for over 7 months), I get a letter in the mail from them saying that I still owe them money. I call, YET AGAIN, their horrible, god awful customer service line, and have to go through another 4 people to find out why I still owe them money!!! RUN AWAY!!! DO NOT BORROW MONEY FROM THEM!!! NOT WORTH THE ANXIETY IF SOMETHING HAPPENS BEFORE THE LOAN IS PAID!!!!