Ally Auto Logo

3.5

Ally Auto has been helping people secure auto financing for almost 100 years. The company has more than 7,000 employees, 17,000 dealers, and 4 million customers across the United States.

The Good

• Buyer's Choice program
  • Ally Balloon Advantage program
  • Retail finance and SmartLease options
  • Vehicle protection products available

Buyer's Choice Program

Ally Auto's Buyer's Choice program combines the best of buying and leasing. The term length is determined based on the customer's vehicle selection and transaction. This program includes a special prepayment date; at 48 months into the contract, the customer can either prepay by selling the vehicle to Ally at the predetermined price set at signing (some stipulations apply) or do nothing and keep making the scheduled payments. This program also allows you to trade-in your vehicle at any time. The Buyer's Choice program is only available for eligible GM, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi brand vehicles. This program is not available in Nevada.

Ally Balloon Advantage Program

The Ally Balloon Advantage program works by taking a larger portion of your payment and attaching it to the end of the contract. This helps keep your monthly payments low. However, this program still has the same aspects of a traditional loan, including fixed APRs and monthly payments throughout the contract term. Additionally, you can sell or trade-in your vehicle at any time, as long as you pay off the remaining amount when you do. With the Balloon Advantage program, you can buy new GM, Chrysler, and Mitsubishi vehicles and all used vehicles except for Saab and Suzuki. This program is not available in Maryland, Nevada, New Hampshire, North Carolina, or Pennsylvania.

Retail Finance and SmartLease Options

Ally Auto offers both financing and leasing options. The company's SmartLease program allows customers to lease new or pre-owned vehicles through eligible dealers. However, it's only available for select models, but the website doesn't specify which models, so you'll have to contact the company for more information if this is something you are interested in.

Vehicle Protection Products Available

Ally Auto provides a variety of vehicle protection products, including maintenance contracts, theft protection, and tire and wheel coverage.

The Bad

• Acceptable credit ranges not defined
  • Rates and terms not disclosed

Loan Amounts Not Defined

Unfortunately, the Ally Auto website does not mention minimum or maximum loan amounts, so it's unclear how much you can borrow for an auto loan.

Rates and Terms Not Disclosed

Ally Auto has not disclosed interest rates or terms on its corporate website, leaving potential customers unsure of what to expect. Although these factors typically vary from case to case, it would be nice if the company provided a general range to give individuals an idea of whether or not the company will fit their needs.

The Bottom Line

Ally Auto offers a number of auto loan options, including its Buyer's Choice program, its Ally Balloon Advantage program, its retail finance programs, and its SmartLease program. Each of these programs provide unique features that benefit different individuals and their needs. However, Ally Auto has not disclosed loan amounts, interest rates, or terms on its corporate website, leaving potential customers to wonder whether or not Ally Auto is the right car loan company for them.

1.7

Jamie Pensgard Atlantic, IA

I financed my vehicle in May 2020 through Ally. Made my online payments 100 percent on time, never had a single issue. Paid off my vehicle June 2021. It took two weeks (with pandemic I wasn't worried) but Ally sent me my title and now I'm on my way to registering my vehicle in my name. I worried about all these negative reviews but I seriously had zero issues with Ally, so there is hope if you're reading through all the negatives worrying like I was!

Cynthia M Hazleton, PA

My son and I had a loan with them for our auto. My son decided to sign car over to me and then I signed over to the same dealership that sold it to us. All paperwork was signed. The dealership told me I no longer had to pay ally that they would do a payoff and handle whatever was left on the loan. I found out that payoff was made, it was electronically sent through website, that is the way dealership does things. Ally text me today and said I am late with my July 14th payment. Dealership sent payoff through on July 13th. So...the agent told me it takes 2-3 days for it to go through. Ah, it's the 21st. Way past 2-3 days. They insist on me paying. I told them I will get a lawyer and sue them. The Philippines is where the calls go through. They have no idea what they are doing. I am so mad.

Diane McGill Fultondale, AL

I would send advance payments to keep my account ahead of payments due. Ally would send them back! My due date was the 4th of the month. Once, I happened to pay on the 5th and they charged me a late fee! Supposed to be a 10 day grace period for payments! The day the payment is due, they start burning up your phone. I sent a payment that was paid on the due date, my phone still got calls that payment is due. This company will keep you on your toes keeping up with their mistakes!

PissedOFFATL Bernalillo, NM

Due to losing my job during the Covid shut dow, Ally did not help me in any way. I asked for payment plans or possibly skipping a payment and adding it on the back end. Not one of their customer service reps were willing to help. One rep even told me I shouldnt have gotten the car if I was not able to pay. I did a payments that were more than a few hundred each month but not my full payment because unemployment is very low in my state. They harrass you and tell you there is nothing they can do. Then when you do get caught up after getting a job, erronious late fees show up months later and you are expected to pay. They report to your credit very quickly and will do ANYTHING to make it hard for you to leave them. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!

Rachel Scherer Fort Worth, TX

If I could give 0 stars I would. These people do not want to help and assist you what so ever. I called for payment help due to Covid and not working. I asked for an extension. Was told I could have a two month extension provided I pay a fee. I told the rep I could not pay that amount due to no income and unemployment not processed. Rep said that she would note my account that information. Here we are 30 days later and Ally is contacting my business saying I'm past due and owe money. Never did they contact me directly. Called ally back and was told I am not granted my extension from three weeks ago cause I never paid the fee but no one called to tell me this. The supervisor I spoke with today was so rude cutting me off and would not let me speak. Said my account would be reported to my credit company as late and I don't qualify for extension. They asked me to ask friends or family to pay my bills for me. He refused to help me. Will be refinancing my car at a different bank.

Michael Lamb Chicago, IL

Ally is the worst financial place for a auto loan would go with a loan shark before this crappy auto loan financing... this is America please get people you can understand when speaking to someone about your loan.. on the phone wait time is horrible...ally says they care about you, complete lie...NEVER EVER AGAIN!!!!

Ivana Marrero FL

Awful experience! Payed off my car and never got my car title. When I called they informe me I had accumulated interest which were not even visible in my account and they kept raising my interest rate percentage without informing me. All they had to say was that the interest amount wasn’t visible in my account system but that I had to pay the amount to get my title.

Tressa Stekar Billings, MT

My vehicle should have been paid off on 6/7/21 when the dealership sent in the check for the payoff of my car. The payment was applied on 6/8 and then was reversed on 6/17. I have tried to call every day to get it resolved since 6/8 and I can't get it fixed. Now my loan is showing late as of 6/15 and will mess up my credit. I have asked this entire time to speak with a supervisor and have yet to get one to call me back as of today 7/15/21. This company is a joke and I cannot believe they can get away with treating people like this. They are messing up my credit that I worked so hard to build.

Robert Smith Silver Spring, MD

Ally is one of the worst finance companies I have ever dealt with. Different person everything and they say they will help but noone helps. Had high credit score then tried to get their automatic payment system set up and they missed multiple payments. Spoke to reps and said they would fix, and nothing done about it. Now credit score just took another hit because they cannot withdraw money a stated and set up.

milisse vera FL

Horrible customer service. I would give them a negative, if I could! Been trying to get a payoff amount for my lease and they have the worst rules that can’t provide me with that information. The information they give me is the opposite of what the dealer that was suppose to buy the car was receiving. Every rep follows different directions and nothing is clear. Worst car financing company that I’ve ever dealt with, ever! Will never use them again!

John Page Pembroke, ME

These people are complete thieves. We got a pay off quote of 34,000 and sent that amount to pay off loan. The payoff quote was April 9th 2021 and good for 10 days. We sent full amount 6 10 21. They took until; the June 28th to process payment and claimed we owed them 1100 more. DO NOT FINANCE THRU THEM. THEY COULDN'T EVEN EXPLAIN WHY WE OWED THEM 1100 MORE.

B L Flint, MI

I got an auto loan from Ally back in April 2017, and I missed one payment back in Jan 2018, and made it up in the next month by paying for January and February plus the late fee for January and February even though my payment was on time that month. So I was already back to being current, but they never set me to caught up, so they added another late fee from January onto my total hoping I wouldn't notice. And every month since January 2018 they hadn't told me I was behind(cause I wasn't) or that I was accruing late fees they just added it to my balance hoping I didn't do the math, even if I wasn't late, and if I was late I had to pay a late fees, then they also added another to my total. Now I just noticed because the last few months I fell behind and I finally paid them 1058 dollars, and only around 500 was taken from total, so it was pretty easy to see something wasn't right. They've been blindly adding late fees to my total after every payment for 2 and a half years, even if I wasn't late, and if I was late I pay a late fee and get one added on. In my opinion Ally Financial is a criminal organization, since they steal from their customers.

Cynthia Sanders Windsor Mill, MD

My experience with Ally auto was very stressful. I financed with Ally for a new car loan a Nissan Kicks 2020. Due to hardship I got behind in payments early in my loan. The company called me everyday 7 times a day from different numbers. I would still send them something every week for payment. I spoke with a rep that called me at 8:05am on a Saturday morning I explained to them my situation was a hardship I got behind on my payments, I asked about extension to customer that have a hardship. I was told that your car loan is to new to receive any extension you must pay 6 months on time to qualify for extension. So basically you have a hardship with Ally they will not help you at all. The rep continued to ask personal questions can you change your date form the 20th to the 10th to make your payment. I don't think they understand hardship or pandemic. Ally will contact members of your family who are not co-signers on the loan and harass them regards payment. I tried to setup payment arrangements with them for another week out, the rep stated we can not make notes in the account that far out you can call back next week. The reps have no compassion or support on what your situation maybe or why you are behind in payment. The reviews are right most reps are very rude, disrespectful and unprofessional. After receiving the harassment phone calls 7 days a week 7 times a day, harass my family, the repossession letters, I was unable to make arrangements with Ally the balance was extremely high with late fee's. I decided to surrender the car due to my hardship Ally was unable to understand. If you are need to finance please find someone else I financed with wonderful companies in the past and never had this experience. After my experience financing with Ally I will never finance another auto loan. There should be a class action lawsuit against this company.

Gary Lazroff Bay Village, OH

I honestly believe that Ally Financial trains their service reps on how to be rude, unprofessional and disrespectful. I talked to 6 different reps over 3 days seeking information on how to buy the loan out on my Jeep. I was on hold for long periods, disconnected, or transfer to reps that were clueless. I explained to one rep how frustrated I was and she said , “ I am really not interested in hearing about your problems”. WOW. I talked to a supervisor (I think) and she had another call. She promised to call me back in 30 minutes. I called that extension back the next day and asked for her by name. Of course no one worked there by that name. I called my Jeep dealer of 30 years and told him I would never buy another Jeep thru him because they use Ally!!

Gloria Chambers Columbia, MO

I am getting an Attorney involved to Sue Ally, the Consumers need to file a Class Action Lawsuit. The Complaints are not making it to the Management Team, and if they are the Escalations are not being remediated/resolved. This Business is Unethical. I will be Mailing Evidence of my Complaint and I guarantee it is very Valid!!!!!!!!

Robert Bowen Elgin, OK

I paid my vehicle off and wanted a lien release and it has taken more than 3 weeks to receive it. customer service representatives have no answers. They have lied to me 7 times, they told me they would email me a copy of my loan records and I have nothing. WORSE BANK EVER.

Shawnta Davis Fort Worth, TX

The are very unethical with their reporting and business practices. After reviving a payment the report late payments and a delinquent account which dropped my score by 60 points. Then they sent a letter after I called them about it, with an April date but wasn’t sent until late May and received June 1. I just mailed a complaint with the BBB next is the FTC

Robert Aultman Tallahassee, FL

The best thing that they did was give me the loan for my car The Worst thing that I did was get on their bad side! I asked for a paid in full letter after I made a settlement payment. The company stated that it would take 10 days for the account to clear before the letter would be generated. Well I waited until the 11th day and called them back to request the letter. They then told me that they had to request that letter and it would take another 24 to 48 hours for the paid in full letter to be done. I called back in the 48 hour range only to find out that the letter was never requested by the first person that I spoke to. I am not sure what the deal is with this. I have requested that the letter be generated and sent to me same day after being given the run around about the letter. They lied to me at the beginning in the request and now I have been promised a bill of goods and I am so glad to be away from these con artists

Alexis Kniffin Hackettstown, NJ

I wish I could give negative stars. They just repossessed my car in the middle of the night even though I paid yesterday the amount they said would satisfy the repo. But because I paid it “after hours” they said they couldn’t stop the repo. So they can take my money after hours but not stop a repo after hours. Makes sense right? Now today they are demanding the entire loan balance of $10k in order to release the car. I will go buy a beater before I give them another penny. Scumbags. All this during a global pandemic, and I had spoken to them several times letting them know I was facing some hardship as a single mother. I hope every person working for this dumpster fire of a company sleeps well at night with what they do to people. This was originally a $3k loan that they managed to give me rates making me pay over 4x the amount. And there was a hidden clause saying I was not allowed to pay it off early which I had no idea about when I signed the papers. Like many others have said, wish I had read their reviews. Someone needs to take these predators down, they prey on people like me with no or bad credit desperate for a vehicle and unable to get financing anywhere else and don’t have savings. Disgusting company.

Faith R. Providence, RI

I will NEVER use Ally again and I will continue to steer people away from them. They are a greedy, lying company. In the middle of the pandemic last year, I requested to defer my car payment for 2 months. We agreed payments would be deferred and would be due again 7/31/20. I paid that a couple weeks early. Got a call from them saying I was two months late! They lied and said they never talked to me and couldn’t do anything because it wasn’t their fault. They reported it to my credit for being 2 months late in a critical time in life when they’re supposed to be "helping". I have never, never missed a car payment in my life! They are liars and they will screw you over. Stay away from them!

Chris Henderson Dimondale, MI

I would never use Ally Auto for an auto loan ever again in my life, and would strongly recommend no one else use them for financing. They make it absolutely impossible to pay off your loan early and get an electronic lien release. I keep getting conflicting information, and outright wrong info, from their customer service reps. I overnighted a cashier's check for the balance on my loan a week ago and it still has not been applied to my account. I'm paying interest and insurance on the car that I want to sell because Ally can't be bothered to do their job in any kind of efficient way. Never again. STAY AWAY from this company.

Destini Ferguson Tallahassee, FL

Ally auto app allows for easy payments. However, the customer service could be better. I totaled my car and was unable to lower my payments, however if it wasn't totaled i would have been able to. I don't understand why this is a policy.

Sunshine Joliet, IL

The issue I have with this company is how they were reporting to the credit bureaus. I made a payment within the 30 days to prevent a negative mark. I noticed they marked me negatively for a month. I wrote them first and told them it was within 30 days. They said it wasn’t. I wrote the credit bureau with the due date and payment date showing it was within the 30 days. I received the the revised report and they removed the negative mark from the month I was disputing, but marked the month before negative. I didn’t think that can happen. So I wrote the company and asked specifically what month I was marked late. I was given 2 months and the month I was disputing wasn’t one of them. (reports only show one). I wrote the credit bureaus again about the negative mark and sent them the message from Ally stating the month in question wasn’t late and a copy of the date which the payment was made showing that it was within 30 days. What confuses me is that the account in question is a joint account so both of us should have the same reporting, which it’s not. I also gave a copy of credit reports from both of us showing this and the credit bureau still did nothing. If this sounds confusing to the reader, its because it is! The good thing is that during the pandemic I was given forbearance and didn’t accrue late fees. I just wish they would report accurately.

Jill Glose Allentown, PA

Ally Auto lease program is a scam. You either have to buy or return at end of lease. Never informed us that the vehicle would have no trade in value at dealer. trade in value was original MSRP

Linlin Linlin Clemmons, NC

Do not finance from this company , theyre horrible! through covid 19 I asked for 1-2 months grace period. they gave it to me and after I had accumilated late fees and charges, Im paying double for a car that 2013. They will rob you!!! Dont do it!!

Jeff Williams Brighton, CO

Ally Auto is the worst. Every time you call, you get someone who you can barely understand because of the broken English. They won’t work with me to get my payments lowered and refuse to refinance my truck. Luckily I found a credit Union to refinance my truck and I will not be using Ally anymore. Horrible horrible company. I’m not sure how they can sleep at night knowing they screw people over on an hourly basis. Not to mention, I just read that they did have a lawsuit filed against them for hidden fees. They are thieves. And they’re not even a company in the US.

Catrina Wittekind Snowflake, AZ

Ally Financial Auto is the worst company I have ever had to deal with. The customer service representative, with a few exceptions, are the worst. They lie and are very rude. When you ask to speak to a supervisor or manager they refuse to help you and tell you no one is available. I told them to have a manager call me back my the end of the next business day. No cal back and same issues continue. They are predatory and should not be allowed to continue business. Continually hit you for late charges even though the payment was made and in on time. Not only have they hit my credit once but twice a month on two consecutive days on multi occasions! So frustrated.

Jaye Miami, FL

The ABSOLUTE WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE I HAVE EVER EXPERIENCED SO MUCH SO I AM TRYING TO REFINANCE SO I NEVER HAVE TO DEAL WITH THEM. THEY CLEARLY DONT HAVE REP IN THE US AND THEY ARE UNHELPFUL. Made me nervous as they kept asking fir my social Though I gave them the account number!! Absolutely horrible decision to finance with them! I will never use them for anything else. I can’t wait to be done with this company!!

mnbafm Mesa, AZ

Terrible customer service and the agent refused to provide me with accurate information. The hold times are insane and the customer service representatives Amber in the Closed Bankruptcy Department -- would rather argue with me and prove that I should have known that I have online access which I do not. Please pull this call as this is a terrible experience

Randy M Ann Arbor, MI

Is there a negative star rating? This company is trash and I would never knowingly do business with them. I would say that I bought a truck from a friend , but I'm 30 days in and still waiting for the release of lien letter from #AllyAuto . which means I'm paying on a loan, paying insurance for a truck, but cannot drive this truck because I can't plate with the S.O.S. without the letter. completely unacceptable in the modern world. I guess when GM deals with a bank in India you shouldn't expect anything less.

Meg ,

I truly wish I could have this place shut down. I went to make a payment 1/8 for $180. I was behind (COVID) only 2 payments and I had a set up with them where I pay &180 weekly until paid. Well when I went to the website to pay, I deleted the $955.18 that was in the line and put $180. On 1/11 I went to buy gas and I was NEGATIVE 844 dollars in my account. THEY TOOK THE FULL AMOUNT AND PUT ME NEGATIVE. I called and was gave the run around and told they have to hold my money for 10 days!! I flipped and they put a man on (who of course can’t speak English well) and he told me they would overnight it. I called 1/14 to see where the money was as I’m still negative and now have MULTIPLE overdraft fees. To be told they had to hold it for 10 days then send it. I was SICK. My whole check was taken when it was deposited into my account. I’m a single mother that just started working again. But they don’t care. I called after the 10 days to see where my money is and they told me that they put in for a PARTIAL return of 339.94. YOU ALREADY TOOK IT AND REFUSED TO GIVE IT BACK FOR MULTIPLE DAYS THEN ONLY PUT IN FOR HALF. I told her if they’re giving me a partial payment back to just keep it! I had to go do my taxes early to get the advance to even put myself in the positive so it didn’t keep eating all of the money I put in. Today I went to look at my account and it says I’m past due $338.94 and it was due yesterday. I’m sick, these people have put me through absolute hell. I’m a single mother with two kids and they didn’t care. The men I spoke to were beyond nasty, and all that they kept saying was on the website receipt it states $955 not $180 so I did it. When I know for a fact I put $180. So they’re system is messed up and the blame was being put onto me. What disgusts me is there is absolutely NOTHING you can do. They just transfer you around to whoever is next to them. You try to speak with a manager and just get even more nastiness. I will NEVER go through ally again, I’m currently trying to find ways to get rid of them period. DO NOT USE ALLY AUTO. I promise you, walking is better than going through this HORRENDOUS PLACE. They make you feel stupid and put the blame on you. I know what I put into the system and they decided to take it all and completely screw me. I will be putting these reviews EVERYWHERE so EVERYONE knows to not go through them ever again!

KIM COOLEY Mount Pleasant, MI

they are horrible human beings and lie and destroy your credit over and over. no one will help and they wont resolve anything. they report false info to the credit bureau. DO NOT USE THEM PLEASE THEY SHOULD BE SHUT DOWN

Anthony Perry Queens, NY

If they pop up when you are financing run far away from this bank. Was told i could refinance after a year which they lied. The customer service is just horrible i will never take a loan from these people ever again.

DG Argyle, TX

If I could rate them lower I would. They can't correctly post payments made early. They apply the whole payment to principal instead of the next payment due and the excess to the principal. It then takes them weeks to fix because the unit that does the corrections is overwhelmed. This is the second time this has happened in the last six month. Finance elsewhere if you want your payments to be posted correctly. This is apparently not a core strength of Ally.

Wilfredo Majano Germantown, MD

Hi my name is Wilfredo I am getting a bad experience with this financial company, they are thieves, you have to be very careful supposedly according to them I am 88 days late but it turns out I make my payments automatically and after 20 days they cancel the transaction it is unfair I do not recommend them they are about to remove my truck they are some thieves.worse experience

So Happy B’N Me ,

If there was a score lower than 1 I would give it! During the on-going of the Pandemic you call and her on their line, how they are here to help!! Well that’s a lie, bc when KIM the CSR answered I inquired about late fees being added to my payment. Now, mind you I called two months in a row and was advised that during the pandemic late fees would be waived. Now it’s not 30 days late, it’s 2 1/2 weeks late okay. Well, today 01/13/21 Kim advised that Ally had a no longer offering relief due to the Pandemic!! I explained that your company continues to say there’s assistance as you wait on hold, so either your lying or you need to update the hold lie! This is the worst company and apparently it’s outsourced to overseas companies due to the language barrier when you get a CSR on the lune. I was like, oh if I fall behind and or go into a repossession status will there be help then?? I asked again, if you can help me make sense out of 1. Your rep saying no late fees. 2. When I call I’m your phone announcement says; there’s help. 3. You told me today that I can only get a 1 time late fee waiver and it was already done??!!! Welllll, let me just say SHE hung up on ME!!! Now could someone explain what type of Customer Service this is???? Ally YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED!! And you will hear from me again!! Ur company need to go out of BUSINESS!!!

J. Union City, CA

Horrible horrible customer service calling redemption!!! Guy named Sergio is very rude and can careless about the customer!!! My father passed away and had his vehicle repoed, we tried getting in touch with them with no luck. Very long hold times I even emailed them back on Dec. 21, 2020 still waiting for the respond. I was able to pay the balance they said was owed and they had no idea where my vehicle had gone!!!! I was on hold for over 1hr and 10mins for Sergio to say it was in Vegas I called them and they said my vehicle had left their lot four days before!!! How does ally not know where the vehicles are located??? So here we are trying to figure it out it turns out after some digging and pressuring the reps at ally not redemption of info on where my vehicle went they gave me two places one in Reno (car wasn’t there) the other in Sacramento (car found) I called sac and they said Ally had not sent a release form yet!!! It’s been over a week since I paid my balance!!! WTH!!!! Horrible horrible customer experience ever!! Needless to say all this mess has been on going since Dec. 20, 2020!!!

Howard Lynch Rosedale, NY

My experience is actually a MINUS 1! The customer service representatives are syrupy sweet but totally ineffective! Three weeks of being told I would get a fax and mail of a lien release only to have to call again and again to advise them I didn't receive it. Faxes are almost instantaneous and shouldn't take THREE WEEKS to get. The U. S Postal service, as slow as it may be usually doesn't get deliveries wrong 3 times! And there is no chain of command. I don't know how Ally Financial ended up being a lienholder of my vehicle since it was financed with GMAC so beware and watch your vehicle documentation carefully!

I L Perez Columbia, SC

Four major problems: 1) Lack of empowerment and website knowledge. 2) Poorly coded automation. 3) Too much outsourcing. 4) Representatives ask too many private questions (some which I never authorized) as “security questions” over an unsecured phone line. Representatives have little knowledge of the workings of the site and are very limited in what they can do if there is a problem. In an incident back in January, a recommendation from an Ally Supervisor was executed, causing the payment account to be banned from making payments. It took almost 4 more months to correct the issue. Recently, I discovered that the Auto/One-Time Pay system is poorly designed (doesn't allow me to create an Auto-pay setup for Dec17 when today is Nov18, but does allow me to make a One-Time payment as far ahead as May17). I also found an issue when choosing to make a second payment (usually applied to the Principal/Financed amount). You are only given the option to apply the overage within the payment to the principal. (If regular payment is $450, two payments of $450 does not allow the second payment to be applied to the principal. If I make a single $900 payment, it does ask and allow the overage to be applied to the principal). I am seeking greener pastures.

Michelle Mobley Norman, OK

I’ve had my auto financed through Ally since October 2017 and have nothing but good things to say about them. They have always been great when I would called and very respectful and helpful. I will be using them for my next vehicle.

Jean Garcia Allentown, PA

I fell back on payments, Enjoli and Amber were pleasant and definitely displayed phenomenal customer service! Give these ladies a raise. Customer service is not an easy job, I definitely felt a sense of relief after speaking with both of them. Thanks again ladies!

Cassidy Gundersen Orem, UT

I have been with Ally Auto since 2014. And my overall experience with them has been pleasant. Every time I have called in their agents have been friendly and helpful. Their log-in portal on their website is simple and easy to use. However, there is not many features to it- so its main function is simply checking your total. There have been no major issues with them in my 4 years with them. I tried to set up bi-monthly payments and was told I had to fill out paperwork and submit it via mail. After doing that I was informed I couldn't set up bi-monthly payments. Several months later- they set up the feature to do payments online. You still cannot schedule multiple payments in one month, but you can set up your monthly payment online now, which is an essential addition to their website.

Shane Oltman Fredericksburg, VA

Extremely poor auto lender that does not allow refinancing or early payoff of principle. Customer service is outsourced to incompetent employees in India.

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

We've had several car loans over the years with Ally, and we've been grateful for their great customer service, and the way they take care of their customers. They are always polite on the phone, and easy to deal with. If you don't want to call, their website is easy to navigate, and works well to pay your bill, or set up auto pay. They have competitive interest rates and try to help their customers save as much money as possible. I have never had any problems with this company.

Msdaisy70 Clarksburg, MD

Easy to contact. Helped with hard times during covid. I’d definitely use them again.

Richard Asencio Newington, CT

Worst bank ever. They don't care about costumers at all , they don't look for choices for costumer. They not do refinance for existing clients , they do it only for new people just to play them like they do with old clients. I DO NOT RECOMMEND THIS BANK AT ALL.

Jillian Jackman Philadelphia, PA

I wish I could give a negative review of this company. No regard for their customers during A PANDEMIC only cares about getting their money. Reported my car 30 days behind its payment the same month I got the car, double charged me for 2 months straight and repossessed my car after missing 1 MONTH. Once I get my car back I’m definitely going to refinance through another bank, horrible isn’t even the word. The Customer service Department should be terminated entirely, no help at all. Shame on this company.

David Houston, TX

Refinanced my car loan through a separate company. Had a supervisor from ally stop my automatic payments. Even put a stop payment hold on them. They still withdrew the money and when I asked why that happened no one could give me an answer. Absolutely terrible customer service. They have zero answers for any questions. Glad I won’t have to deal with them wouldn’t even recommend them to my worst enemy. Really I just can’t say enough bad things about them .

marlene lugo New York, NY

DISGUSTING BULLIES!!!! they repod my car after missing 2 payments, never informed me DURING A PANDEMIC!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm so hurt, when i called them to make my payment they said i had to pay my full amount or they will auction the car. of course because its a 2017 paid off about 80% of it and now expect me to dish out 13,000.00 DURING A PANDEMIC!!! i had to ask for an advance from my job which is mortifying. they are extremely rude about it and worst of all i never got a call from them or anything. there has to be something done!!!

Tutu Heinonen Hollywood, FL

If I could give a zero I would! My auto loan account was charged twice in the end of September. At the end of October I was charged a full amount again. All Ally can do is to send out a check with the waiting period of 10-14 days. Meanwhile my bank account is on minus and I have other bills pending. This is not the first time this has happened with this company. I am thoroughly disgusted with how they treat their customers.