All Reviews

Wells Fargo is a San Francisco-based company and has been in business since March 1852. It started off buying gold and selling paper bank drafts as good as gold. It quickly gained credibility and a reputation of trust due to how well it handled people’s money. Wells Fargo offers a variety of services including personal checking, savings accounts, credit cards and an online mortgage rate calculator. Customers will have access to Wells Fargo’s more than 8,700 locations and online banking services.
wellsfargo-mainwellsfargo-checkingwellsfargo-building

The Good

• Availability
  • Great services
  • Mobile wallet

Availability

Wells Fargo Bank has more than 8,700 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo is across the nation and consumers can go online to find the nearest location or ATM in seconds. If there are other questions one can contact customer service anytime, 7 days a week.Wells Fargo has been in business for over 100 years with 1.7 trillion in assets. They are a developed bank that provide many services for customer needs like:

• banking for checking and saving
  • insurance for health, auto, and home
  • investments for IRA, health savings, and mutual funds
  • loans for mortgage, automobiles, student, home equity, and credit cards
  • consumer and commercial finance services

Great Services

Wells Fargo provides some of the most comprehensive banking services. The California-based company offers many services including the following:

• Personal checking
  • Auto loans
  • Online banking
  • Identity theft protection

Mobile Wallet

Wells Fargo also offers mobile wallet services, merchant accounts and a mobile app allowing customers to handle their money and deposit checks via smartphone.The bank also offers a service called the Smarter Credit Center. This center enables customers to do the following:

• Establish
  • Credit
  • Improve or rebuild credit
  • Manage debt
  • Explore options to meet borrowing needs

One bonus is that when a checking account is opened you get free online banking and bill pay. They are a national bank with more than 8,700 locations and 12,500 ATMs, as well as online services which were described above.

The Bad

• Initial deposit
  • High minimum CD
  • Banking fees

Initial Deposit

Compared to other banks who offer personal checking accounts, Wells Fargo’s initial deposit is double at $50. For customers who do not meet the basic monthly exemptions, Wells Fargo’s $10 monthly fee for checking accounts is also higher than most banks.

High Minimum CD

Wells Fargo also has a higher minimum CD of $2,500 compared to other banks. Customers must wait until their deposit matures unlike some banks who allow customers to withdraw their deposit early with no penalties.

Banking Fees

They have many banking fees for checking accounts which include:

• Opening account fee. For checking it is $50 if you open on site. Over the phone or online it would be a $25 opening fee
  • Maintenance fee: again depends on the account but for a regular checking it would be $10 per month unless you have a $500 total deposit or use your debit card for 10 transactions
  • Overdraft and returned items fee: $35 for each overdraft fee

The Bottom Line

Wells Fargo has proved themselves to be a secure bank to open an account with an individual, small business, or commercial company.  Their many services provide an excellent source for financial needs. They offer customer service 24/7 if a customer has questions or concerns.

For customers who want the most banking options possible, Wells Fargo has much to offer. Wells Fargo offers banking solutions at the personal, small business and commercial level. However, Wells Fargo has higher deposit minimums for its CD and personal checking account. It also has low customer satisfaction ratings on Consumer Affairs and Credit Karma.

Our recommendation: Depending on how much you’re willing to deposit initially, Wells Fargo may be one of your best options. After all, it has been in business since 1852.

Time in Business

Wells Fargo has been in business since 1852. Assisting customers for 150 + years with monetary transactions.

Mobile Friendly

Yes. We have found Wells Fargo on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter where they respond to customers concerns and give updated information about the company. They also have an online banking app for mobile devices and keep their website up to date. If you are big on blogging, Wells Fargo also has a blog where they give helpful financial advice for planning the future, mortgages, and even vacations.

Profitability

Through their annual financial report which can be found online that their return of assets (ROA) is 1.51% and return of equity (ROE) is 13.87%.

View Wells Fargo Annual Report

Liquidity

We found that a customer needs to have at least a year history to have the same day withdrawal of more than 5,000. Maximum withdrawal out of an ATM is $200/day. However, depending on the history of account, if there are consistent transactions of 2,000 withdrawal and deposit the company will adapt to customer needs as long as consumer is consistent.

Fees:

Yes. There are different fees for 3 different checking accounts. Those fee’s are listed in the bad. There are also deposit fee’s for saving accounts as well as a maintenance fee unless there is a minimum deposit in account.

View Checking Account Fees and Saving/CD Fees

Availability

Wells Fargo Bank has more than 8,700 locations, more than 12,500 ATMs, online (wellsfargo.com), and mobile devices. Wells Fargo is across the nation and consumers can go online to find the nearest location or atm in seconds. If there are other questions one can contact customer service anytime, 7 days a week.

Services Available

Wells Fargo Bank provide services for checking, savings, CD and Credit card accounts. They also give out loans for mortgages, automobiles, education, credit cards, home equity. Provide insurance for health, automobile, home, life, and renters. Have multiple ways to invest as well.

Contact Information:

X close

10 Wells Fargo Reviews

1. Select Your Rating:

0=WORST 10=BEST

2. Subject For This Review*(Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

or

1. User Score

June 12th, 2017 Sandy, UT

Wells Fargo is very customer oriented. Convenient locations. No excessive fees or hidden charges.

2. User Score

June 12th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I have been using Wells Fargo for a long time and I have really enjoyed their customer service at the branch I go to. However, they do have account fees and overdraft fees. But beside the fess I have no other complains about them.

3. User Score

June 5th, 2017 Herriman, UT

I have been a customer for 10+ years. I don’t have to pay any fees to have a checking and savings account open. I have had to call customer service a couple of times and I actually feel appreciated as a customer. I have had a couple late payment fees waived and that makes a difference to me. Locations are everywhere which is so convenient.

4. User Score

June 5th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I was originally with First Security bank and absolutely loved them. I had them for years. But about 20 years ago or so they were purchased by Wells Fargo. I stayed on for awhile, but noticed a huge change in the quality of my service. I ended up closing my account and going with a local bank. I do not like their customer service, and did not like their fees.

5. User Score

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

We have been with Wells Fargo for a couple of years now. We have never had a problem with them. Their customer service is great and people who work at the bank are super nice. The only thing that I do not like about Wells Fargo is the fees they charge for having an account with them.

6. User Score

June 2nd, 2017 Apex, NC

Things I like – they keep my money safe. Their website is easy to use and I like the drive-thru. One thing I don’t like – you get slammed with an overdraft fee if you run out of funds in your checking, even if you have plenty in your savings (this wasn’t an issue at the credit union I was at before). I think they may have waived it when we called, but I can’t remember for sure. We’ve had a few more issues like not coming home with the correct amount from a cashed check (my husband now checked every time), and a friend’s check bouncing and we had to pay a fee for it, but I don’t need to go more into it all I suppose, and we’re still with them for now, but I don’t think they’re spectacular. I liked the credit union we were at before, but it’s only in another state, so Wells Fargo it is.

7. User Score

June 1st, 2017

We opened a business account at Wells Fargo several years ago. We sold a piece of property and they would not let us deposit the check. They said the paperwork we used when we opened the account was no longer valid. They wanted us to open a new type of account. We went to a couple other branches and one of them allowed us to deposit our check. We will be closing the account and taking our business elsewhere.

8. User Score

May 25th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

All of the Wells Fargo branches I have been to thus far have been a good experience. Employees are polite and friendly and have been very good resources. I would recommend banking with Wells Fargo to anyone

9. User Score

May 25th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

I really like Wells Fargo. They are very friendly every time I go in and they do their best to help me when I need it. There isn’t really any bad accept for banking fees, but there are ways to avoid them which is nice and they have other options for students.

10. User Score

June 4th, 2016 Provo, UT

I have been a customer at Wells Fargo for almost 5 years now and have had an incredible experience with them. They have been a great bank to work with and have been extremely helpful with everything I ask for. As a college student they have been helpful with saving me the most money possible and earning the most rewards possible. Every time I have met with a banker they are always very personable and helpful. I would suggest this bank to anyone.

3 1