Chase Bank

6.8

Chase bank has withstood the test of time. Since its founding in 1799, Chase has spread across the country to most of the 50 states and also has assets around the world. The New York-based bank offers several services from savings plans to business checking accounts. A U.S. consumer and commercial banking business of JPMorgan Chase & Co., Chase has assets of $2.6 trillion and operations worldwide. Customers can choose to go to any one of the 5,500 branches or visit Chase online or by phone to conduct their business.

The Good

• Locations globally
  • Online banking
  • Chase app

Locations Globally

Chase Bank provide information through their website and do have a chase bank mobile app for the phone. Found JPMorgan Chase community on Facebook as well as one Chase bank in Arizona, but due to the size of the bank I was expecting to find them on instagram, twitter, and facebook as a complete entity. There are not many ways to review customer complaints and resolutions on social media.

They are a global bank so if you do a lot of traveling they are found in more than 60 countries. Services provided are:

• banking for savings, checking, and CD accounts
  • investments and retirement plan
  • mortgage for homes
  • loans for automobiles, students, and home equity
  • consumer and commercial finance services

The New York-based bank also offers insurance protection and college savings plans.

Online Banking

Chase also offers online banking as well as mobile banking. Chase mobile banking is available for both Android and Apple users. Chase promises the following:

• Secure access: Spend less time banking and more time living, with some of today's most advanced encryption technology.
  • User-Friendly: It takes just a few simple swipes to master the Chase Mobile App.
  • Flexible: Deposit checks securely from your mobile phone or tablet virtually anywhere.

Chase App

By choosing to use the Chase app, customers can take advantage of the several features including:

• Pay bills
  • Deposit checks
  • Pay your Chase credit card
  • Transfer money
  • Pay others easily
  • Wire money
  • See account balances
  • See reward information

They have a feedback button on their page where consumers may list any complaints they have with the layout of the site. If there are any problems with accounts consumers must contact customer service. Can contact customer service 24 hours 7 days a week.

The Bad

• Various fees
  • Maintenance fee

Various Fees

Fees for checking accounts are as follows:

• Account set up fee of $25 for 3 basic checking accounts and $100 for their premier platinum checking account.
  • monthly maintenance fee of $12, $25 or $35 (depending on what state you are in), or $6 (college students)
  • Overdraft fee of $34 dollars
  • Other common fees

Maintenance Fee

Two saving accounts offer different interest rates. For Chase savings there would be a $5 monthly maintenance fee unless you meet certain requirements of minimum deposit, minimum transaction, or age. The interest rate is only .01% for this account. For Chase plus Savings there would be a $20 monthly service fee unless again you have a minimum balance of 15,000 in account or have other premier services with the company. Interest rate for savings account changes with balance in savings account

They also do not offer insurance as a service.

The Bottom Line

Chase bank has proven that it can stand the test of time and adjust its services to meet the needs of today's customers. Since 1799, Chase has grown to provide a variety of services including online banking, mobile banking, auto loans and home loans. Chase's growth has led to increase in assets of $2.6 trillion and operations around the world. Customers who face difficulties when using Chase services may not find their issues resolved.

Our recommendation: No bank stays in business for more than 200 years without services that are effective. Chase has withstood the test of time. If you're looking for a comprehensive service from loans to online banking, Chase may be your best choice.

JPMorgan Chase is a global bank that offer services around the world. This bank would also be beneficial for commercial businesses that need services national and global. Provide high saving interest rates for those with high income and great services for those on chase premier platinum checking.

2.9

Alyssa

December 19th, 2017 Rowlett, TX DETAILS

Had a great experience switching over to chase bank when we moved. As soon as we walked in the door there was someone who pointed us in the right direction of where to go or how to sign up. Very friendly and professional.

Natasha

December 16th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

I lost a lot of money because of fraud that they didn't protect me from, even though I had a protection set up to prevent that. Will never recommend them, or go back to them if it was my only choice.

Alicia

December 14th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Won't help to find out who is taking money out of your acount

Kimberly Bronson

December 9th, 2017 Idaho Falls, ID DETAILS

Love my chase card- never had a problem

Cassidy Gundersen

December 6th, 2017 Orem, UT

I will never open a bank account with Chase! My husband and I tried to open a joint account when we were first married and it was awful! Their system crashed on us twice while we were sitting with a representative. On the third time, we got all the way to the end and signed all the paperwork, and then when the rep was entering in one final piece of info, their system crashed AGAIN!!! After sitting there for almost two hours, we walked away empty handed. For a publicly traded company, you’d think they’d have a system that works.

Danielle

November 29th, 2017 Syracuse, UT DETAILS

As an employee from a company who uses Chase daily, i've been very disappointed in how they treat me, a customer. I bring business from 10 different accounts, and everytime i walk in to make a deposit, i get treated like im in the wrong for bringing in so many deposits. I've been tempted MANY times to change banks.

Brandon Bradford

November 15th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Very good. Customer Service is awesome.

Hayley Lambdin

November 13th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS

Chase Bank is awesome. I love how many locations there are, especially when I am traveling. They have really great customer service too!

Sandy Sutton

November 7th, 2017 Spanish Fork, UT DETAILS

Chase has been my choice for over 20 years. Their customer service and service in general is reliable and friendly.

Shelly Zollinger

November 2nd, 2017 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

Only concerned about making money. Bad customer service.

Denise H.

June 8th, 2017 Mona, UT

I like their credit card service; I have never had any problems with them and their customer service is great.

Doyal Stewart

June 2nd, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

Used Chase briefly, I was not a big fan of all of their minimum requirements. I like my banking to be a lot more simple. I don't want to have to worry about extra fees for random things. I eventually just closed my account.

Jonny Hancock

May 31st, 2017 Draper, UT

I started a business a few years ago and Chase Bank helped me establish all of my business banking accounts. Chase Bank employees are friendly, easy to work with, and are extremely helpful. My only complaint with using Chase Bank for my business is the fees associated with all business accounts. If you are willing to pay more then other banks for good service I would recommend banking with Chase.

Nick K

January 10th, 2017 Brea, CA

Great bank with good customer service and great business people! I also love their credit cards, some of the best out there! The one thing I dont like is the monthly fees if you dont have a certain amount of money in the account or dont have direct deposit. overall great though!

Al

May 7th, 2015 Beverly Hills, FL

I live in Citrus county Florida, There are NO Chase branches here. The nearest one is 30 miles from my home. There used to be two ATMs in Walgreens. Guess what, They took them out. I guess I will transfer out to BAC..