Tax Defense Network

verified
Tax Defense Network Logo

Tax Defense Network

verified
Tax Defense Network has consulted on over $15.7 billion in tax debt since 2007.

Tax Defense Network is a highly recommended tax company with a full range of services extending from tax debt resolution services to tax return preparation.

Tax Defense Network has an average cost of $2,500 to $3,000 for its full services (prices will be lower for less in-depth services and higher for more in-depth services), a good price in the tax relief industry.

The company employs many tax professionals, including enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts. These experts work to resolve tax problems on their client's behalf.

With the combination of professionals, a large selection of services available nationwide, and no minimum debt requirement, TDN is able to help a broad range of customers and has a high client satisfaction rating.

Tax Defense Network will negotiate with the Internal Revenue Service on behalf of its clients and find a solution that is best for the taxpayer. Some of these solutions include providing tax representation and making offers in compromise that settle your tax debt to a lower total amount. Delinquent taxpayers can receive the relief they need from a variety of IRS and state tax penalties.

View real Tax Defense Network reviews at the bottom of the page.

The Good

• Tax Defense Network Cost
  • Excellent Customer Reviews
  • Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services
  • Professional Debt Forgiveness Team
  • Available Nationwide

Tax Defense Network Cost

Tax Defense Network charges between $2,500 and $3,000 on average. End price depends on the amount of tax debt owed and the tax relief actions required, Tax Defense Network's average price is fair in comparison to other tax debt relief options.

Tax Defense Network is the only tax relief company that displays average prices on its website; this is something to applaud. The company is transparent compared with competitors, given that in the industry prices are almost never available until customers have called and given information about their situation.

Customers will appreciate not having to call for a quote and possibly being pressured into services without researching other options; this gives customers the opportunity to research and find the best company that suits their needs as quickly and efficiently as possible. This transparency also gives more credibility to TDN and shows that the company isn't trying to hide costs and fees from customers.

Excellent Customer Reviews

Tax Defense Network continually receives positive online customers reviews.

Customers praise the company’s professional and attentive service and kind staff. Reviews regularly comment on the knowledgeability of the tax professionals and their ability to answer questions and resolve issues.

Many clients also praise the company for resolving their tax issues, dealing with unfiled tax returns and unpaid taxes, removing a bank levy, and settling their IRS tax debt to something they could better afford to pay. Furthermore, clients have also appreciated TDN’s assistance with filing tax returns.

Variety of Tax Forgiveness Services

TDN is more than just a tax resolution company and offers an impressive selection of options for individuals, the self-employed, and business owners.

The company's full-service approach allows individual taxpayers and businesses with a variety of tax needs to utilize its assistance. Interested customers can call for a free consultation with a tax professional to gain guidance before committing to its services.

Tax Defense Network’s tax professionals can assist with tax issues such as IRS back taxes, delinquent taxes, small business tax issues, payroll taxes and a variety of IRS penalties such as wage garnishments, federal tax lien issues, and bank levies.

The qualified tax forgiveness professionals can also represent clients during tax audits. Additionally, it assists with IRS appeals and also offers rare IRS debt forgiveness solutions such as innocent spouse relief, student loan forgiveness programs, and other tax amnesty programs.

The company helps customers receive the best possible tax resolution through its tax relief services. It can help settle IRS tax debt through an offer in compromise, penalty abatement, an installment agreement, or a currently not collectible status. TDN also offers financing options for those in need of assistance.

The ability to work with tax experts makes Tax Defense Network a great option with seeking a tax relief agency.

Tax Defense Network's services extend beyond tax relief. The company also offers tax return preparation and help with student loan debt. Additionally, it provides financial solutions for businesses such as bookkeeping and business advice on its site bizsolutionsnetwork.com.

It can help small businesses with tax resolutions similar to those provided for individual clients such as an offer in compromise, installment agreement, penalty abatement, and more. TDN can help people fight a wage garnishment or tax lien, prevent future tax liability, take advantage of tax cuts, and educate you on your personal taxable income for future reference.

Professional Debt Forgiveness Team

The team of dedicated enrolled agents, tax attorneys, CPAs, and tax analysts has acquired an impressive reputation, judging by numerous customer comments. These types of tax professionals are qualified to represent clients in front of the IRS during disputes and appeals.

A highly qualified tax team is vital for creating and providing customers with a quality tax forgiveness program.

Additionally, representatives are accessible 24/7 by phone to answer questions or for free consultations. The company can also be reached by email or mail.

Finally, Tax Defense Network employs Spanish speaking representatives, a service not offered by all tax resolution companies. With the help of a professional tax lawyer, you'll be able to fight virtually anything the IRS throws your way.

Available Nationwide

TDN is available in all 50 states. Not all tax resolution companies operate in every state. This makes the company available to a wide variety of customers.

There is also a minimum tax debt requirement of $5,000, which is low in comparison to other tax debt relief companies; oftentimes tax relief companies will require a minimum amount of debt before a customer can qualify for assistance. A $5,000 minimum requirement makes Tax Defense Network's services available to people from many different financial circumstances.

The company can also help natural disaster victims and taxpayers with tax problems, such as the recent victims of Hurricane Maria and Hurricane Harvey. Disaster tax relief is the IRS' way of helping those who live in an area that has been declared a "disaster area." Qualifying customers will be able to claim a loss and gain some tax credit.

The Bad

• Short Refund Period
  • Negative Reviews
  • Missing Accreditations

Short Refund Period

Tax Defense does offer a money-back guarantee for three days. Most other tax debt relief companies offer a longer refund window. Some competitors offer refund windows that range anywhere from 15 to 180 days; however, some tax relief companies do not offer a money-back guarantee.

Negative Reviews

Though Tax Defense Network predominately receives positive reviews, it has also received some complaints from customers. One recurring complaint is that the company can be hard to get a hold of when dealing with problems or complications.

Some customers had trouble speaking directly to an agent or attorney. This can be a major issue for customers who have questions or concerns about their accounts. Also, some customers complained that the price was high for the tax relief services rendered.

Missing Accreditations

While Tax Defense Network has some industry accreditations, it does not have all of the accreditations available in the industry. Accreditations hold companies to a certain standard and often require audits to ensure that the companies are upholding these standards. Accreditations can help customers in the researching process.

The Bottom Line

In comparison to other tax relief companies, like Optima Tax Relief, Tax Defense Network has a great reputation for offering a wide range of services to help clients achieve a successful tax resolution. It has been in business for more than two decades, so it has valuable years of experience in the industry. The company has a minimum debt requirement of $5,000 and is available in all 50 states, which makes its services available to anyone who is in need of tax debt relief.

Tax Defense Network can offer you the services of a skilled tax attorney, CPA, or Enrolled Agent. Access to an attorney familiar with tax law is especially helpful for individuals with trickier tax situations. The average cost of Tax Defense Network's services is $2,500 to $3,000, though the actual cost varies based on a customer's tax situation.

While the company has limited industry accreditations and a short refund policy, the customer reviews are overall very positive. We recommend working with Tax Defense Network as your tax relief agency because it is one of the best tax relief companies in the industry.

Call our recommended rep over at Tax Defense Network below.

3.7

Nathaniel Murphy
July 1st, 2016 Mission Viejo, CA

Worked with Kiboni Yarling. Kiboni was extremely helpful and responsive to all of our needs. Kiboni helped us to work our an agreement with the FTB and IRS that far exceed our expectations and we were extremely pleased with all of her assistance and the ending result. We highly recommend Tax Defense Network and Kinboni - very friendly and worked hard to help resolve are issues.

Pam Cobble
July 1st, 2016 B M Goldwater A F Range, AZ

Robin and team did a great job for us. Would recommend their service for anyone!

Brandon
June 30th, 2016 Marysville, CA

They were very helpful in my somewhat complicated case.

Paul Lauersdorf
June 30th, 2016 Lawrence, KS

They were a God send.Mark Giles and his associates worked with me on my tax resolution.Any problems or should I say things I didn't understand Mark or one of his team would talk with me about it.If by chance they didn't have an answer they would check into it and get back with as quickly as possible. Their financial team helped with payment schedules and if my income got low they worked with me through those times. Overall I am VERY PLEASED with every aspect of Tax Defense Network's performance.I would HIGHLY recommend them to anyone with a tax debt problem. Once more thanks to Mark Giles and everyone at Tax Defense Network for helping lift my tax burden that I had carried for so long Thanks you

Evelyn Rodriguez
June 28th, 2016 Union City, NJ

We were very please with out come of my son tax problem, We want to thanks Mark Giles, Joe Rehm and the rest of the staff for they outstanding work again Thank you

Jay Hudson
June 13th, 2016

I've never gotten my way. Not when I was in school, or in the army, or working for the sanitation department. Never been lucky. So you cant imagine how great it was when the IRS send me a letter and said, guess what! You're still not lucky! $12000 dollars wasn't exactly laying around my apartment, but that's what the bill was. The Tax Defense Network got me a payment I could afford, miraculously. Gotta give credit where credit is do.

Woodrow Miles
June 9th, 2016

There are very few times when my family has seen me cry. Dealing with the IRS over the last six months, though, they have seen more than enough tears. My daughter found a company, Tax Defense Network, which I was very uncertain of. I took some convincing that they could actually get me in the not collectible program, but it happened. I am so thankful that someone understand you can't get blood from a stone, but you can get a loyal customer. Cannot say enough good about Tax Defense Network. I'm a truly satisfied client.

Stephanie Coleman
June 8th, 2016

New York may be the greatest city on earth, but the taxes suck! No one told me that when I moved to this beautiful city I would have to pay these draconian taxes. When you get behind on your taxes, it is IMPOSSIBLE to catch up. Finally, finally got this sorted out. Thank you to the genius who works at Tax Defense Network. You know who you are, buddy. My bank account and I thank you!

Monica Crawford
June 3rd, 2016

Phenomenal service with this company. Highly recommend them! They never stopped working on our behalf, from day one! We knew who was on our side, Tax Defense Network!

Shannon Stokes
June 1st, 2016

When we colonize deep space the first thing there going to do is set up mailboxes to make sure that the tax notices make there destination. If I lived on Mars, the IRS would have found me. I'm convinced of that. They found me once, shame on me. Tax Defense Network explained that if the tax debt was paid in monthly payments all this noise would stop. And I said BING! We have a winner! Because there's not a snowballs chance I can pay this in once massive block of cash. Payments I can do, and I'm doing it. Great service, good people. Happy with my solution and so is my scalp, since I've stopped pulling out my hair.

Vernon Taylor
May 31st, 2016

Smart, smart people. I am not a smart man, but smart enough to know professionals when I see them. All five people I talked to at Tax Defense Network made sense, took their time, got the job done. Very satisfied with the results.

Gerry Armstrong
May 27th, 2016 Miami, FL

Filing taxes is so stressful. I was not able to figure how will I be able to complete the process before deadline. Seeing how stressed I was because of this my sister adviced me to consult Tax Defense Network. Initially I thought what magic they will do but to my surprise they did all the filing process before time. This is the reason they are tax professionals.

Adrienne Brooks
May 27th, 2016

If I had a dollar for every tax “company” I called I could have paid of this freaking tax debt. Tax Defense Network was one of only two companies that actually followed up with me and the ONLY one that presented me with a solution I could afford. I made a lot of demands, and they got me 90% of the way there. Not happy about interest on this debt, but my monthly payment is less than I expected. That evens out and more than justifies my choice to use Tax Defense Network.

Eva Burton
May 18th, 2016

My husband and I are extremely happy with the understanding and compassion we received from everyone we spoke to at Tax Defense Network. This has been an incredibly hard year and a half and the IRS problem was the straw that broke the camel's back. Fortunately, we found this company on an internet search (!) and they agreed to give us a free consultation. It was obvious that we needed all the help we could get and they were very meticulous in explaining what needed to be done. Neither my husband nor myself are legal or tax savvy people, but the people we spoke with were explanatory without being condescending. We appreciate their kindness and applaud their efforts, which resulted in a very affordable payment for this horrendous tax debt. We recommend this company whole-heatedly.

Sonia Horton
May 12th, 2016

THE IRS!!! They took every penny I had in savings and because of a TAX BILL. Tax Defense Network SAVED my money. I had no idea that if you didn’t pay your taxes, they could just take your money. I got an education with Tax Defense Network, who is worth every penny. I WILL NOT make another mistake with the IRS again but if I ever did, Tax Defense Network would be my first call.

Dan Park
May 10th, 2016

My wife and I are retired and to hear we owed so much money to the IRS was a shock, to say the least. We did our research for a solid week before deciding to go with Tax Defense Network. We were honestly skeptical to work with anyone because you truly do not know who you can trust these days. Fortunately, Tax Defense Network proved they are a company you can trust. They answered every question and charged us exactly what they quoted. We are very happy with their performance and will call them if anything tax-related happens again.

John Marcos
May 10th, 2016

The only reason I went with this company was because their in Jacksonville. I don't deal with company's that I can't got to and touch. As it turns out, I never even left my house. The gal at Tax Defense Network got everything straightened out over the phone and over emails. I been dealing with the IRS for 3 years and the Tax Defense Network had it fixed in two months. Miracles, that 'as all I can say.

Alma Lopez
April 26th, 2016

I had no idea what was going to happen with my wage levy. It seemed like it was going to go on for the next three or four years. Tax Defense Network managed to work with the IRS to get it stopped in a matter of weeks. Now I got a payment plan that's on my terms. Feeling good and I have nothing but great things to say about Tax Defense Network. I spoke to five different people as my case was being worked and they were all extremely informative and helpful. I highly recommend this company to anyone who has an IRS problem.

Sheri Weawer
April 19th, 2016

There was no way I was going to be able to pay what the IRS was asking. I called tax defense network in desperation and to my surprise, there was a cheaper way for me to take care of this crazy balance. I had no idea the tax debt could be paid off over several years, but tax defense network made it happen. Got nothing but love for them.

Elisa Gonzalez
April 19th, 2016

Impressive service. Tax Defense Network resolved my back tax issue discreetly, which means everything in my business. I should not need to call upon them again but, if I do, I won't hesitate.

Wendy Casey
April 18th, 2016

I was in hysterics when I called Tax Defense Network. Like, literally, sobbing. The gentleman I spoke to was extremely patient and after listening to me blubber for over an hour, he calmly provided a solution. By the end of the day, their team was already working on my case. I’m very happy to say that my tax debt is now being paid at an extremely affordable monthly payment, thanks to the dedicated team at Tax Defense Network. Thank you thank you thank you!!!

Alma Lopez
April 15th, 2016

Nobody told me that the IRS can't collect on you if you got no money. Tax Defense Network did, though. I got my CNC and the IRS doesn't need me to pay anything for at least the next year. Tax Defense Network saved my butt and I'm grateful.

Lee Davidson
April 15th, 2016

Great people at Tax Defense Network! Very informative and patient. I appreciate everything they did for me! Two thumbs up!!!

Clara Neal
April 11th, 2016

My husband got IRS notices for over a year without telling me. I was the one who finally dealt with the problem when I found out. I called several places and Tax Defense Network was the most affordable and the person I spoke with was very kind. Our tax issue was resolved within three months and we don't have to pay anything to the IRS until my husband finds another job. I can't thank Tax Defense Network enough for handling this and allowing me to fall asleep without worrying about the IRS.

Yolanda Carson
April 11th, 2016

I served my country for 12 years and to have a tax debt was almost a joke. I thought it was a mistake. Fortunately, tax defense network showed me what had happened with my 2010 tax return and then got me a payment plan. Tax defense made the best out of a bad situation and I would use them again if I ever had another tax problem.

Joey Wade
April 7th, 2016

Really wasn't sure I could afford a professional tax service. Tax Defense Network explained what I needed to do to keep my wages from being garnished. The consultation was free and they didn't pressure me. It's nice to work with a company that informs and lets you decide. Very reasonable on price and professional, too. Highly recommended.

Greg M.
April 5th, 2016 Leesburg, VA

Totally unacceptable. They want payment up front and power of attorney (signed immediately) to cover all taxes between 1999 and 2017. What? I'm only interested in 2012 and 2013. Why all the other years?

Domingo Armstrong
April 4th, 2016

I’m happy. I have a payment that I can afford to the IRS and I won’t have to pay forever. Two more years and I’m done, that’s a settlement to me! Thanks, Tax Defense Network! Great job to you and your team!

Rachel Fisher
March 31st, 2016

We were in over our head when we opened our business, we had no idea the taxes would get so far out of control! We hired TDN our second year in as business owners and they’ve saved our business! Thanks, Tax Defense Network.

Monica Crawford
March 30th, 2016

Tax Defense Network helped us every step of the way. They didn’t really reduce our debt, but we weren’t expecting them to either. It’s nearly impossible to settle with the IRS, it’s based on so many rules. I’m happy with the work that the Tax Defense Team did. Great job!

Kari Mason
March 28th, 2016

Tax Defense Network was helpful from day one. They have the knowledge and experience to deal with the IRS. If you are working with a small shop, changes are they will overlook certain pieces of your case. TDN has a huge company and at any given time there are 10 eyes on your case and working FOR you, not FOR the IRS. Thanks to TDN, we got my wage levy lifted and debt is gone. It was an old debt they were coming after me for. TDN worked their magic and I’m free and clear! Thank you, Tax Defense Network.

Adrienne Brooks
March 23rd, 2016

My mom is 68 and she’s been dealing with the IRS for years since my Dad passed away. She finally decided she could not do it anymore and we hired Tax Defense Network. They were so easy to work with every step of the way. Thanks, TDN!

Eduardo Holmes
March 17th, 2016

The team at Tax Defense Network has done an excellent job with our taxes, 3 years in a row. They helped us out of a jam back in 2011 and we won’t let anyone else do our returns now. Thank you TDN for your consistency and integrity.

Charlene Long
March 15th, 2016

Tax Defense Network helped us save our business. We were in dire need and desperate to keep our family restaurant open. We were able to get caught up on our payroll and now we’re making our tax payments on time. Our employees are happy and the IRS is happy. Thanks to Tax Defense Network.

Ray Santos
March 14th, 2016

The first year that we owed, my husband had lost his job. Every penny we had went towards feeding our family. We got so behind. I found Tax Defense Network in the Yellow Pages and took a chance and called. Boy, I’m so glad that I did. They were the best thing that has ever happened to me and my family.

Blanca Miles
March 11th, 2016

Tax Defense Network helped us with our tax issue and now we owe about half or what the IRS said that we owed. We didn’t qualify for a settlement, but TDN found a way to remove penalties and now we’re just paying what we actually owed. Thank God for TDN.

Erin Clark
February 18th, 2016

1. Tax Defense Network did such a great job for us. We called as soon as we received the knock on our restaurant door from the RO who was assigned to our ‘case’. If it wasn’t for TDN, our business would be gone. Great job, Tax Defense!

Jerome Santos
February 9th, 2016

Well, TDN did a good job. They are a little expensive, but you only get what you pay for. I would rather pay more and know my situation is handled than pay less and have to keep paying someone to fix it. Their tax people are the best. They are also easy to understand for someone like me who doesn't know much about taxes.

Foster
February 1st, 2016 Ephrata, PA

Tax Defense Network is 100% legitimate and accurate in helping you resolve tax issues. There staff was very kind, informative and willing to help with my tax problem. Five star, 10 out of 10 rating from me. One very happy customer!!!!

Sophia Harvey
January 21st, 2016

Tax Defense Network has already filed our return for 2015, they're on the ball. Great company to work with, with dedicated people and amazing customer service. Thank you Tax Defense Network!!! You are the best!

Judy Howell
January 20th, 2016

It has been many years since we've been dealing with the IRS. We never thought we'd see an end to this nightmare, but we are finally debt free. Tax Defense Network did everything they said they would do and we couldn't be happier.

Alvin Santiago
January 18th, 2016

Great  people, great service, great outcome. We could not have asked for better service. We know why they're A+ rated with the BBB. They're fabulous.. Thank you Tax Defense Network!

Lynn Andrews
January 14th, 2016

Tax Defense Network is the BEST AROUND! You won't find a harder working tax attorney than the ones at Tax Defense Network. We made the mistake of hiring another tax company, t hat just wasted time and money in the end. Thank you to the team at Tax  Defense Network your service is top notch.

Ray Oliver
January 8th, 2016

Tax Defense Network is the best in the business. We had a debt of over $18000 from years of getting behind. Thankfully, we found TDN and they helped us put this debt behind us.

Van
January 7th, 2016 WA

Tax.defense group is a,scam! I paid 5 k and 2.days after they got their last payment. I called to remind them I was a customer and they printed out forms that were partially filled out and had the grammatical errors of a.12 year Old from Sarah and was informed, I have to fill out the rest of the lien release papers. This wasn't what I was promised my Chris who is the slick used car salesman of this hell trip. Then Sarah told me the mysterious lawyer.who is always.talking to the irs and never once.called me. Could not be reached. I have asked in about 5 different emails to.be given his name,and bar number. No answer. Chris .wants to talk on the phone. I prefer email as nothing he verbalized to this point has come to attrition. So what I have Is partially filled out offer,that Sarah assures me.would. Not.pass because the price was.to low, what is the point of their exercise then? Total waste.of,money would like to see the refund policyfjf

Jay Harris
December 29th, 2015

Of course there are other places you could pay, but Tax Defense Network is the best. Could you do this yourself? Of course you could, but why? You aren't a taxd professional. We have the best tax attorneys on our side now. Thank you, Tax Defense Network. We are happy clients.

Edna Perez
December 21st, 2015

After years of dealing with the IRS, we are finally debt free. Thanks to Tax Defense Network. We know why they are number one, they work hard for the hard working! Best company to work with, hands down. We are very happy clients!

Beulah Miles
December 17th, 2015

"When our business started taking off and we weren't sure who to contact for our tax issues with the IRS w e googled tax attorneys and immediately called a few with the A plus rating on BBB. We chose Tax Defense Network and feel so relieved we did, they gave us the best direction to move forward! A very grateful client! "

Sonya Greer
December 11th, 2015

I was hoping to not have a tax debt at all, but I know that's not possible. Tax Defense Network got us into a super low payment and how we only have to pay it for 3 more years, instead of 10! Thanks, Team Tax Defense

Nancy A.
December 8th, 2015 Clayton, NC

Absolutely worthless, after giving them over 4000.00 we are right back where we started. Was lied to on numerous occasions, totally miss represented their self. Would not recommend to anyone unless you want to give money away.