Sunnova

8.5

LAST UPDATED: February 1st, 2023

Since 2012, Sunnova has been providing solar power and energy storage to residents and business owners across the country. The company offers a solar industry-leading 25-year service commitment on all solar panel installations, with an additional 10-year roof warranty. Meanwhile, the Sunnova Adaptive Home solution integrates smart technology into the solar installation by optimizing energy sources for the unique energy needs of the homeowner. The solar service provider offers a number of financing options, but conditions do apply.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options to help customers lower their dependence on the power grid:

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than the average electric bill. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer within Sunnova's residential solar market decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Not only does Sunnova install quality panels, but the solar company also provides backup battery storage in the event of a power outage in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's renewable energy services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar energy companies. While this can still lead toward a path to ownership, longer-termed solar loans are often accompanied by relatively higher interest rates. Customers should get in touch with a Sunnova employee for specific terms and conditions prior to signing a contract.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for the PPA option, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

The company's lease options do not include a buyout option for the Sunnova customer, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova has a simple mission: provide competitive solar solutions across several states and offers a variety of financing options, including cash purchase, a solar lease and PPA. The solar company also provides moving options to help customers establish energy independence.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases. If you're still unsure whether this company is right for you, read below for verified Sunnova Solar reviews.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Sunnova

At Sunnova, our mission is simple — to power energy independence. And we are deeply passionate about providing homeowners with a real choice when it comes to powering their homes with cleaner, more sustainable and affordable energy solutions. We are equally committed to creating trusted, long-term relationships with our customers, as they are the very heart of our business.

Every day, our customers welcome us, in very real ways, onto and into their homes, and this relationship begins with our trusted sales, installation, and service dealers. While there are many things that set Sunnova apart from other energy providers, one of the biggest is our dealer business model. We work with a very select group of established local solar installers who have comprehensive knowledge of their markets, enabling us to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.

Sunnova offers options for every homeowner to help customers gain energy independence and lower their annual utility costs. Sunnova customers in most states enjoy guaranteed energy production, system monitoring, and a best-in-class 25-year warranty.

If you’re ready to take the first step, learning more about the financial impact that solar will have on your household in your area, Sunnova is the perfect place to start.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

3.9

Catherine Bienkowski Saint Jacob, IL

I only had contact with them recently with the completion of our solar system we are leasing. I received our first bill that it would draw nine $119.97 from our checking account on the 20th of the month. When checking my bank statement, the amount of money that was pulled out was $128.18. As soon as I saw a different amount I called Sunnova. The person that answered the phone looked up my file and said the amount of money over the one 1997 was sales tax. I was expecting to only pay one 1997 because the equipment on the roof doesn’t belong to me why am I paying sales tax? The person on the phone said all contracts have sales tax added to them. So now I know, but I was disenchanted with the lack of knowledge of the sales person selling this product, not telling me the correct price that I would be expecting to pay every month. I truly don’t understand the sales tax on a product I don’t own. I would think it would be somehow infused into the price of the equipment that had been installed. I also need to change the auto pay to a different bank account number..

1 day ago

Barbara Sutherland Plano, TX

I got my panels on on June 1st guy came out inspected it so it's good to go August 15th I finally got them turned on why does it take so long to turn them on I don't get too free months of this they're going to start taking out money on my account probably the first to September which is not right you call the represented that sells you the solar panels he don't call you back he text you I'm in a mean I'll call you back and he never does they'd be nice if they if I know how much I'm going to have to pay for my electric now right now my bills 400 and something dollars it could have been nice if I had them on sooner

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Barbara Sutherland, we are sorry to hear that. Can you send an email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you at?*LS*

Aug. 23rd, 2022

Julia Schonert

I was told that if I had to switch providers that I all fees would be covered. That was an actual lie. I was told that my name would be added for a referral fee to those I recommended. I didn't personally know two that I recommended and was told James would take care of it. He ended up quitting and for the two I referred to him and that signed for service, I didn't get a referral fee. I felt duped. James didn't recommend the right number of panels to begin with. That had to be fixed. The person that fixed this was great but I am still out my electric fee and never received the other two referral fees. That is deceptive. I actually still have in writing his promises but that hasn't been honored since he quit. So no, I will never refer this organization again. I referred at least 3 that signed up and had touted the benefits for months but I can't in good conscience do that again.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Julia Schonert, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you with 1-2 business hours. ^OA

Feb. 15th, 2020

Matt

I'm generally happy with the solar system and its benefits. I am not happy with how long it took for the system to be installed and the loan for the purchase of the system. Sunnova may not be the party responsible for the slow installation (Trinity Solar was the company). The agreement was finalized early August and the system was turned on late December. Dealing with Sunnova on the loan has felt like nothing other than a "money grab". I had the resources available to pay off my loan immediately and was not able to. I called Sunnova a few times on this and was told different things, including that I had to wait for the system to be turned on to pay it off and then that I had to wait for my first bill to pay it off. Waiting for the first bill meant that I had to pay that first bill (which was made up of mostly interest) and then pay the system off. In total, I paid $440 more than the agreement's system cost. I tried to avoid paying anything more than the system cost and was not able to do that. So, this review reflects that frustration more than anything else. The staff I spoke to on the phone was always pleasant and mostly knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I had to speak with them more often than any customer should in order to understand payoff options.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Matt, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Feb. 12th, 2020

Jim

the system was installed in July and wasn't activated till mid December so how can I rate them when I still haven't actually been able to realize any energy results I also agreed to solar both as a cost savings and as a means of cutting down on fossil fuels and even though I was informed at the time and it may be that Suunova has no say in it...I find it disturbing that I have a lot more square footage that could hold panels to make my house far more energy efficient there fore I am unwilling to throw out any high ratings at this time...I may change my mind when I see real results of putting the solar panels on my home but whether it be the governement regulation or company policies it is deceiving to say I am being as enegery efficient and helping to cut down on my so called carbon footprint when it is clear that my roof could support a good number of additional panels...you asked I told you....

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jim, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Feb. 12th, 2020

Jonathan M Los Angeles, CA

The system works. It is just wrong to price gouge new home owners that have to put solar on there roof. As someone that works in the solar industry $4.25 per watt for a cash deal is ridiculous. The lease was even more expensive. California has crazy housing costs and to add that to the bill is wrong. I understand making money on the system. The area I am in if I was a consumer would pay between $3 to $3.50 a watt. Sometimes you can get a lower price than that. Shame on you Sunnova.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jonathan M, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^ SG

Aug. 29th, 2022

Christina Koutsopoulos East Hartford, CT

This whole process took a very long time and after I turned on my panels it took almost a week before I had access to the portal to see my performance it was very frustrating as the customer service rep could not really provide adequate timeframe or resolution to the problem but it has now been been fixed but I hope in the future if I have issues that I could get it resolved and not be told that I have to just wait

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback Christina Koutsopoulos. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case. If you have any further questions, please feel free to send us a private message at [email protected] with your contact information. Thank you.

Aug. 18th, 2022

Claudia Woltkamp Oakland, CA

I disliked WHERE my power box was installed… ON THE FRONT IF MY HOUSE. No one bothered to explain and seems like the installers chose the Easy way out…

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Claudia Woltkamp, we are sorry to hear that. Can you send an email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you ?*DMS*

Nov. 30th, 2022

Neil Silberkleit Oxford, CT

I can't really rate Sunnova since my experience is very limited - I am disappointed that no one seems to know the battery system we installed and I am not convinced it is working at peak efficiency since the max power we have generated is around 6.5Kw with and 11.5 Kw system this is on a bight sunny day. We love the battery concept! We don't seem to generate any power back to the grid even though out house uses only 3-4Kw max right now. We put in a service ticket days ago and still waiting for a response from a tech to look at he system and answer question we have!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Neil Silberkleit, we are happy to help. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

Jun. 20th, 2022

Mauricio

The original guy that signed me up left the company and no one called me about the status of everything, I had to call you guys and a few things that were promised upon signing didn't happened and had to go through a manager to ok it on one those things.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mauricio, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID or contact number. ^MO

Nov. 4th, 2019

Lisa Anderson Lake Charles, LA

I only gave 3 stars because I'm just getting setup and started with my Solor panels. I received emails with communication about the process and how it all works so I guess I'm just waiting to see what happens now..

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for sharing your feedback, Lisa Anderson! We are thrilled you made the decision to go solar. If you have any questions regarding your system we are more than happy to help! ^AG

Aug. 29th, 2022

Terence Lovejoy New York, NY

CS is spotty, too many times you are placed on what the rep says is a 2-3 minute hold and it ends up being 10 or more minutes. Also often when you are placed on hold, you get disconnected and you don’t get a call back and have to wait in the que again.

Reply from Sunnova

Thanks for reaching out, Terence Lovejoy! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Thank you for helping us create more homes that are energy independent! ^ AG

Aug. 2nd, 2022

Sal Rivera Boston, MA

So far I feel like I've been scammed! I was told I'd pay 135 a month now I get an email saying I'll be getting a second bill from national grid as well! Nice to know now after the fact. And where the hell is my check I was promised?

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Sal Rivera, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^AG

Jul. 5th, 2022

Stacy DeMoss Cottonwood, CA

I owed at the end of the true up year so my solar didn't cover my needs. My solar has been disconnected at one point also and I had to pay PG&E this was not my fault and I feel should have been covered by Sunnova.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Stacy, thank you for reaching out. We are very sorry for the experience you've encountered, and we appreciate your patience. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. ^VB

Jun. 29th, 2021

Caroolyn Podurgiel Preston, CT

We had a problem with the solar not working. they came out and fixed it. We are still waiting for a rebate since the panels didn't produce the electricity promised.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, Carolyn. We are sorry to hear about your experience. We will have one of our agents reach out to address your concerns. Thank you. ^JD

Jun. 22nd, 2021

Robert Jones

Billing does not allow me to know how much energy I use each month, the billing cycle between PPL and Sunnova is not clear and the increase in my cost to Sunnova is not explained or justified.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mr. Jones, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message at [email protected] with your system ID and phone number where we can reach you? We’ll look into this right away. Thank you. ^JD

May. 17th, 2021

Marietta Garcia Absecon, NJ

I'm spending more money now on electric bill than before. Customer service is excellent but now my bill from a Atlantic City electric was $28.00 and $89.00 from you. My electric bill same time last year was only $96.00.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Marietta, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we are here to help. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialists will reach out to you soon. ^MP

Dec. 3rd, 2019

Kirk Saxton

My solar has been out of service. I have a inverter that needs to be installed. I can't afford the $275 too have your company install it right now. I'm saving up for you too install it.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kirk, thank you for your feedback. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you ^MO

Nov. 5th, 2019

JBerg01 Irvine, CA

Update: Problem has been resolved. I am extremely dissatisfied with this company. We are trying to refinance our house and Sunnova is holding us hostage. They are trying to charge us $300 in order to re-file a UCC-1. They first told us that fee was what the county charges. Then they backtracked and said it was a combo of county fees and their fee to "process". Process what? A document that doesn't benefit me in any way and no where in my agreement with them is listed or mentioned. We asked them to waive the fee and said we would pay any county fees associated with it and they denied our request. We also asked them to provide a breakdown of how much of the $300 is for the county and how much is for them. Again, denied. If they expect their customers to pay ridiculous fees for no reason, they should put in their agreements. Which they didn't. $300 seems like a small amount to lose in order to maintain a good relationship with a long-term customer. If this is how Sunnova treats their customers, I will be taking my business elsewhere.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for reaching out, JBerg01. I see that we have already reached out to you regarding this issue. Please let us know if you have any further questions. Thank you. ^JD

Sep. 17th, 2020

dennis berube Bridgeport, CT

When our sales representative made there presentation we were told that if our roof needed to be replaced the cost would be 500.00 to remove and reinstall panels. However we are trying to sell our home and I reached out to our installer and was told the cost would be over 7000.00 to remove and replace. Unfortunately we did not have the 500.00 cost on paper. With that said I would of never agreed to install them. Also communication with a Sunova person is very difficult. We received a quote of 15,000 to move panels to our new home. How ridiculous!!!. Now it is a process to get new homeowner to qualify. Such a deal breaker when it comes to selling your home

Reply from Sunnova

Good afternoon Dennis Berube, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are very sorry to hear about your experience. One of our agents will reach out to you shortly to help get this issue resolved. Thank you^MP

Aug. 20th, 2020

Kelley Clovis, CA

First, the problem was not necessarily with Sunnova, however the installation team they hired was a big problem. So, I feel Sunova is as much responsible as they are because I did not have any input in that choice. First, they tore off a huge portion of gutter that was on the back of my house, to which they neglected to inform anybody of this incident. Initially I let it go until I found out how much they are to replace properly and that a hole was made on a pipe to my water heater when they installed the ground. When I called the company the supervisor argued with me and basically was not going to have anyone take care of it because that was not their "Forte". That was after several attempts trying to get a hold of him since he takes very long lunches. The last time we had spoke he said he would get back to me, but I gather he must still be at lunch. So, I was left to take care of that problem on my own, in MY spare time! The gutter never was discussed since he is still at lunch. So, just hope that they have responsible and careful workers or you will be left to fix the problems they left. Then, which I was not made aware of till it was time to turn them on, PG and E has a contract that must be signed stating that you are responsible for overages of use. I believe this is where everybody gets the scam thought in their head because you would think you are producing the correct amount of energy, apparently not. So, in the end my bill will be about the same each month as it was before, because once I averaged the overage charges and add the cost of the panels, it's basically the same with the exact same usage. I just have the peace of mind that I am using solar instead. My solar has just been turned on, so other than those issues we will have to see what happens. Thank you!

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Kelley , Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID/Phone number where we can reach you? We will look into this right away. ^OA

Sep. 26th, 2019

Ed Spreng Egg Harbor, NJ

My initial experience with Sunnova was great. The install by their partner company Trinity was timely and very professional. The system has been in since 2016. When operational it's all I ever expected. Here's the problem. When it goes down their service is terrible and getting worse. I usually have it go down once a year on average. Service restoral takes about two weeks. Went out this time 7/28.. still waiting for a repair visit. Multiple calls haven't resulted in anything but excuses. For two weeks they even claimed the system wasn't down even when they could access my system remotely to prove otherwise. They even asked me to send pictures of the inverter display which shows no production and a fault light. Resolution dept. promised to call every two days with update. Never happens. Can't escalate any higher in company. They refuse. If anyone in Sunnova sees this please contact me.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Evening Ed Spreng, Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. I will follow up with department that is working closely with this issue to provide you with an update. ^OA

Sep. 13th, 2019

Debbie Boyd Penns Grove, NJ

Very frustrating. They will answer questions that you can think to ask, but they are not up front with all the info you need. They charge too big of a fee to process your payments when you dont pay with their preferred automatic payment system. And they did try to take an automated paymdnt from my bank account even after that payment option was stopped. They dont help with getting your solar system up and going to your own benefit, (took 6+ months to finally get the work done for the net meter, in that time your utility company is reaping all the benefits of the solar power that you are collecting). I was told that our system would cover 110% of our average monthly bill, which it might, but not sure yet as we have only been collecting power for 10 months so far, but the system its self is costing me 90% of what that utility budget would be. Way too much hassle overall to only have a savings of 10%. If their business partner is Trinity Solar, quickly RUN THE OTHER WAY! I would never do business with either company ever again, nor would i recommend either company, even if they were to put the solar up for free AND pay me to use it. I must say that David is one of their more patient, knowledgable and understanding employees.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback Christine M. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our customers. Can you please send me a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? One of our specialist will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^OA

Jun. 21st, 2019

It is what it is Anza, CA

If sunnova had a better monitoring app and I got the power they said my system would produce I would be happy

Reply from Sunnova

Hello , thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us an email at [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Thank you. *LG

Nov. 17th, 2022

James Casey North Dartmouth, MA

I bought a home with an existing lease. When I called to switch things over the person I spoke with couldn't really explain too well how it all worked.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello James, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you at [email protected]? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^JD

Jul. 6th, 2021

Duane Barber

The whole process was filled with mistakes. They were all rectified however not sure what the outcome would of been if not for paying close attention to the whole process.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Duane, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you in one to two business hours . Welcome to the Sunnova Family!Than^MO

Nov. 15th, 2019

Martin Simon Baltimore, MD

2019 got solar leased was told they take care of service if any problems they can remotely monitor well this past August I noticed a problem so I called I was told yeah we see the problem it been down since October? At this point it's still down that's with multiple emails one service visit still nothing case numbers no communication it's now 3-13-2021 stay away from this company they don't care.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Martin, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you. ^JD

Mar. 17th, 2021

Elizabeth Donadio Severn, MD

Our solar panels were installed on July 8th, but apparently the roof was not evaluated very well, because they were unable to install the amount of panels they had originally decided . They finally decided on putting the additional panels in another location that doesn't get quite as much sun. On top of that, the emergency shut-off was not working when the inspector came out and was not fixed until 2 1/2 months later. Very dissapointed that it took so long to fix since now, late September, the days are getting shorter and less energy is being stored.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Elizabeth, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We'll look into this issue right away and have one of our agents reach out to you to help get this resolved. Thank you. ^JD

Sep. 23rd, 2020

Cindy L Henderson, NV

Sunnova needs to have many more employees for customer service. It can take them a month to get back to emails and 1.5 hours or more to return calls when you are on the waitlist. When you do get the callback, the customer service people are VERY nice. I escalated my concerns to Juan, who was EXCELLENT! I had his direct # and he returned my calls as promised with answers very quickly. If it wasn't for their huge lack of employees, I would give them 5 stars.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Cindy, we always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.^MO

Aug. 1st, 2019

Dolores Earnest Ephrata, PA

I signed up for solar panels on December. I’ve had nothing but bad feelings about this since. We thought the panels has been turned on weeks ago, now I find out they were just turned on on Saturday. Not only that but only 18 were working when they were turned on. I’m still wAiting for someone to call me or come to the house to set up the program on my computer so I can keep track of how much power we’re making and using. I think it’s generous to give you a 3.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Dolores Earnest, we are here to help. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank You. ^OA

Jul. 1st, 2019

Scott L Cassville, NJ

I Purchased a home that had a Sunova system installed before we bought and I assumed the lease . It has been three years since we purchased a home and we now need a new roof and when I contacted Synovus I was told the cost of removing the panels and putting them back up is over $4000 ! That is going to make my roof replacement a $12-$15,000 proposition not counting gutters , which have been damaged by snow sliding off the solar panels. I almost wish I hadn’t purchased this home

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Scott L., thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business. Would you please provide a contact number where we can reach you via private message? You can also send your information to and one of our Resolution Specialists will contact you shortly. We can only improve by knowing what our areas of opportunity are for improvement. ^MO

Apr. 29th, 2019

Rhonda Chambers Spring, TX

Not really happy with this company at the moment. I am trying to deal with this company to pay them . But because my husband is on the loan from them they will not help me out. Never mind that he has gave them authorization more than several times to talk to me. It is very frustrating. I will say that the lady that was on the phone with me when I went off was very professional. (It wasn't her fault-so I apologized). On the system. It is not producing as much as I would like. Still getting electric bills.

Jerry Roberts Niantic, CT

Giving the open issue I have with the hump in my roof for which I notified you on I'm waiting from a independant 3rd party contracter to advise.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jerry Roberts, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you be able to send an email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number? *MV *

May. 10th, 2022

Peter MacMurray Humble, TX

Still unclear regarding issues about how my account is tied to my electric bill as well as the systems lack of production on some days

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Peter, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a private response with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Mar. 9th, 2020

Cheryl Dowling

Good customer service but it took over a month to get our system installed and running, with some scheduling issues on their end.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Cheryl, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. We apologize for any delays that may have occurred. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Feb. 11th, 2020

Patty Mesquite, TX

very unreliable. They say they're going to show up at a certain time and they even call that morning but then they never show up

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Patty, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Feb. 4th, 2020

Erica Perko Vista, CA

The girl that helped me was wonderful. Very patient and explained things thoroughly. The frustrating part was I had to wait 36 minutes for my call to be answered initially. That’s way too long for a company to answer the phone especially when you have a quick “yes” or “no” question.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Erica, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Aug. 26th, 2019

Tamela Carmouche San Jacinto, CA

The biggest problem I've have with dealing with the company was a lack of communication. Through this whole process, I had to continuously call them to get updates and the status of my installations. They need extensive training in customer service.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Tamela Carmouche, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Someone will reach out to on the next business day. ^MP

Jun. 4th, 2019

Angela Pearl River, NY

It’s really too soon to tell. I know the Trinity team of guys that came to my house was awesome. I know Joselin was great she was my account manager I guess. I don’t know how well the solar panels are actually working at obviously

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Angela, we appreciate your feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova family, feel free to contact us with any questions!**MV

Oct. 8th, 2021

Kris Oceanport, NJ

Difficult to maneuver all the sites and registrations to start up the system and start earning. No contact with any of the people we started with so we could understand it all easily and make it go smoothly. We felt like we had to fend for ourselves and figure it out alone.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for reaching out Kris, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your contact information or system id? We will be glad to contact you and address your questions. ^KM

Oct. 13th, 2018

Chris Judd Running Springs, CA

Well, after a long, frustrating battle of emails, dealings with numerous customer service reps and having to contact the BBB, Sunnova agreed to lower our monthly premium to offset the underestimated power production vs. our consumption. I don't know why they didn't help us sooner, but we are happy that they finally did.

Jose Mangual FL

I like for the Future Here in Puerto Rico have the ingeneer turn documents to the electric company while the process is moving

Reply from Sunnova

Thanks for reaching out, Jose Mangual! Our goal is to provide an exceptional experience. We value your feedback and will use it to improve. Thank you for helping us create more homes that are energy independent! ^AG

Jul. 5th, 2022

Kristine L Cape May, NJ

I was promised a referral fee months ago and I'm still waiting. Don't make promises and then excuses.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kristine L. , thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to make things right. Would you please send your contact information to and one of our Resolution Specialists will contact you.

Dec. 31st, 2019

David

Didn't explain things clearly. I'm no saving any money with these panels and my house is now harder to sell.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning David, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could please send us an email to with your system id/phone number where we can reach you?. We will look into this right away. Welcome to the Sunnova Family. ^MP

Dec. 10th, 2019

manny rifon Lodi, NJ

unable to contact antone by phone waited over 1 hour 3 days in a row left call back number never rec'd cal backl

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Manny, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your hold time experience. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID or contact number. We will escalate your concern to the appropriate department to contact you^MO

Oct. 21st, 2019

Helen Atanasio

Totally screwed up my billing and how I purchased the system - did not lease it!! Very frustrating!!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Helen Atanasio, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your billing. Could you please send us a private message with your contact number or system ID. We'll escalate your note to the appropriate department.^OA

Oct. 1st, 2019

Kang Lee Yucaipa, CA

Receiving 'not approved' letter from the Home Association Office was not pleasure experience. I phoned one of your agent to add one more panel, totally 10, instead of 9 wasn't reflected some how.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for reaching out Kang Lee, a resolutions agent will be contacting you shortly to assist you. Regards, ^KM

Apr. 3rd, 2019

John Peraino Collingswood, NJ

Trinity Solar sells all of their leases to Sunnova. When you need service you need to call Sunnova who then notifies trinity Solar to schedule service. There is a lot of unnecessary red tape that you have to deal with.

David Vega

They were great when I was setting up to buy something, support since purchase stinks.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello David Vega, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We put customer experience and satisfaction as our priority, and your review reaffirms the hard work we put in every day. So thanks for your kind words . Welcome to our Sunnova Family!^OA

Feb. 15th, 2020

Claude Goguen

Process took too long. We had the panels on the roof in August didn't get turned on until October

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Claude Goguen , we appreciate the positive feedback. We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family!^OA

Dec. 3rd, 2019