Sunnova

9.4

LAST UPDATED: June 7th, 2023

Since 2012, Sunnova has been providing solar power and energy storage to residents and business owners across the country. The company offers a solar industry-leading 25-year service commitment on all solar panel installations, with an additional 10-year roof warranty. Meanwhile, the Sunnova Adaptive Home solution integrates smart technology into the solar installation by optimizing energy sources for the unique energy needs of the homeowner. The solar service provider offers a number of financing options, but conditions do apply.

The Good

• Flexible Payment Options
  • Helpful Moving Options
  • Wide State Availability

Flexible Payment Options

Sunnova offers a number of payment options to help customers lower their dependence on the power grid:

The company's EZ Own option gives homeowners the opportunity to purchase a system without any upfront costs and pay a fixed amount each month for a 25-year term, which is substantially less than the average electric bill. At the end of the term, the customer will own the solar power system.

Sunnova's EZ Pay PPA is another diverse financing option that only requires customers to pay for the energy produced by the system at a flat monthly price. There is also a standard lease option available, during which the customer will essentially be renting the panels from Sunnova.

Helpful Moving Options

If a customer within Sunnova's residential solar market decides to move while under contract, Sunnova offers a number of options: the customer can transfer the service agreement over to the new owner, pre-pay the remainder of the contract and transfer it to the new owner, or move the system to a new address. This is especially beneficial for homeowners who are less permanent.

Wide State Availability

Not only does Sunnova install quality panels, but the solar company also provides backup battery storage in the event of a power outage in the following states: Arizona, California, Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, Florida, Hawaii, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, New Jersey, New Mexico, New York, Pennsylvania, Nevada, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, South Carolina, and Texas.

The company's renewable energy services are also available in the Virgin Islands, which means many consumers have the option to go solar with Sunnova.

The Bad

• Long Contract Terms
  • No Buyout Option for Leases

Long Contract Terms

Sunnova requires a 25-year service agreement, which is higher than the average 20-year agreement employed by most other solar energy companies. While this can still lead toward a path to ownership, longer-termed solar loans are often accompanied by relatively higher interest rates. Customers should get in touch with a Sunnova employee for specific terms and conditions prior to signing a contract.

Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a production guarantee for the PPA option, which can be detrimental if the system isn't producing as much as it should be during the length of the contract.

No Buyout Option For Leases

The company's lease options do not include a buyout option for the Sunnova customer, which creates a disadvantage for those who may need to move while under contract.

The Bottom Line

Sunnova has a simple mission: provide competitive solar solutions across several states and offers a variety of financing options, including cash purchase, a solar lease and PPA. The solar company also provides moving options to help customers establish energy independence.

However, the company's contract terms are longer than industry average. Additionally, Sunnova does not offer a buyout option for leases. If you're still unsure whether this company is right for you, read below for verified Sunnova Solar reviews.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
Sunnova

At Sunnova, our mission is simple — to power energy independence. And we are deeply passionate about providing homeowners with a real choice when it comes to powering their homes with cleaner, more sustainable and affordable energy solutions. We are equally committed to creating trusted, long-term relationships with our customers, as they are the very heart of our business.

Every day, our customers welcome us, in very real ways, onto and into their homes, and this relationship begins with our trusted sales, installation, and service dealers. While there are many things that set Sunnova apart from other energy providers, one of the biggest is our dealer business model. We work with a very select group of established local solar installers who have comprehensive knowledge of their markets, enabling us to provide the highest quality of service to our customers.

Sunnova offers options for every homeowner to help customers gain energy independence and lower their annual utility costs. Sunnova customers in most states enjoy guaranteed energy production, system monitoring, and a best-in-class 25-year warranty.

If you’re ready to take the first step, learning more about the financial impact that solar will have on your household in your area, Sunnova is the perfect place to start.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Chris Judd Running Springs, CA

Well, after a long, frustrating battle of emails, dealings with numerous customer service reps and having to contact the BBB, Sunnova agreed to lower our monthly premium to offset the underestimated power production vs. our consumption. I don't know why they didn't help us sooner, but we are happy that they finally did.

John Peraino Collingswood, NJ

Trinity Solar sells all of their leases to Sunnova. When you need service you need to call Sunnova who then notifies trinity Solar to schedule service. There is a lot of unnecessary red tape that you have to deal with.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello John Peraino, we apologize for the inconvenience. Can you send an email to [email protected] with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you at? ~AG

May. 26th, 2023

Rhonda Chambers Spring, TX

Not really happy with this company at the moment. I am trying to deal with this company to pay them . But because my husband is on the loan from them they will not help me out. Never mind that he has gave them authorization more than several times to talk to me. It is very frustrating. I will say that the lady that was on the phone with me when I went off was very professional. (It wasn't her fault-so I apologized). On the system. It is not producing as much as I would like. Still getting electric bills.

Carolyn Forbes Shippensburg, PA

Dropping the ball at the end. I was called that the system was on but no one has a record and to register i need a system id . You've lost me i don't know what to do?

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Carolyn, we are sorry to hear you were having difficulties creating your customer portal account. We have created it for you An email has been sent to you with all the details.. We aim to provide the best customer service experience, please contact us if you need further assistance. KM

Aug. 25th, 2018

Irene Buchalter Sicklerville, NJ

It took too long to get it up and running. I never expected it to take more than six months and dozens of phone calls. I hope that its worth

Reply from Sunnova

Thanks for reaching out Irene, we value your feedback and will use it to improve. An email has been sent to your email address on file with your customer portal web access information to track your system production online. Welcome to the Sunnova Family !

Sep. 6th, 2018

Kris Oceanport, NJ

Difficult to maneuver all the sites and registrations to start up the system and start earning. No contact with any of the people we started with so we could understand it all easily and make it go smoothly. We felt like we had to fend for ourselves and figure it out alone.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for reaching out Kris, we are here to assist you. Could you please send us a private message with your contact information or system id? We will be glad to contact you and address your questions. ^KM

Oct. 13th, 2018

Kang Lee Yucaipa, CA

Receiving 'not approved' letter from the Home Association Office was not pleasure experience. I phoned one of your agent to add one more panel, totally 10, instead of 9 wasn't reflected some how.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for reaching out Kang Lee, a resolutions agent will be contacting you shortly to assist you. Regards, ^KM

Apr. 3rd, 2019

Angela Pearl River, NY

It’s really too soon to tell. I know the Trinity team of guys that came to my house was awesome. I know Joselin was great she was my account manager I guess. I don’t know how well the solar panels are actually working at obviously

Reply from Sunnova

Hi Angela, we appreciate your feedback. Welcome to the Sunnova family, feel free to contact us with any questions!**MV

Oct. 8th, 2021

Scott L Cassville, NJ

I Purchased a home that had a Sunova system installed before we bought and I assumed the lease . It has been three years since we purchased a home and we now need a new roof and when I contacted Synovus I was told the cost of removing the panels and putting them back up is over $4000 ! That is going to make my roof replacement a $12-$15,000 proposition not counting gutters , which have been damaged by snow sliding off the solar panels. I almost wish I hadn’t purchased this home

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Scott L., thank you for reaching out. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business. Would you please provide a contact number where we can reach you via private message? You can also send your information to and one of our Resolution Specialists will contact you shortly. We can only improve by knowing what our areas of opportunity are for improvement. ^MO

Apr. 29th, 2019

Laura carranza Las Vegas, NV

My power bill are more higher then use to !

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Laura Carranza, we are here to help. Can you please send us a private message or email with your system ID and phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank you^MP

May. 29th, 2019

Tamela Carmouche San Jacinto, CA

The biggest problem I've have with dealing with the company was a lack of communication. Through this whole process, I had to continuously call them to get updates and the status of my installations. They need extensive training in customer service.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Tamela Carmouche, thanks for bringing this to our attention. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? Someone will reach out to on the next business day. ^MP

Jun. 4th, 2019

Steven P. Deer Park, NY

Matt knew my odd circumstances and spent time with me anyway

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Steven P, Thank you for your positive feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MP

Jun. 13th, 2019

Debbie Boyd Penns Grove, NJ

Very frustrating. They will answer questions that you can think to ask, but they are not up front with all the info you need. They charge too big of a fee to process your payments when you dont pay with their preferred automatic payment system. And they did try to take an automated paymdnt from my bank account even after that payment option was stopped. They dont help with getting your solar system up and going to your own benefit, (took 6+ months to finally get the work done for the net meter, in that time your utility company is reaping all the benefits of the solar power that you are collecting). I was told that our system would cover 110% of our average monthly bill, which it might, but not sure yet as we have only been collecting power for 10 months so far, but the system its self is costing me 90% of what that utility budget would be. Way too much hassle overall to only have a savings of 10%. If their business partner is Trinity Solar, quickly RUN THE OTHER WAY! I would never do business with either company ever again, nor would i recommend either company, even if they were to put the solar up for free AND pay me to use it. I must say that David is one of their more patient, knowledgable and understanding employees.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback Christine M. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our customers. Can you please send me a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? One of our specialist will contact you soon to help get this issue resolved. ^OA

Jun. 21st, 2019

J

While it was simple and easy to work with the rep, once I got one. I waited on hold for over 30 minutes on two separate occasions to even talk to anyone

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback, J. Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. We are sorry to hear that this was not the case. Please feel free to send us a private message with your contact information at [email protected], we would have our specialist reach out to you shortly. Thank you. ^JD

Mar. 12th, 2022

Dolores Earnest Ephrata, PA

I signed up for solar panels on December. I’ve had nothing but bad feelings about this since. We thought the panels has been turned on weeks ago, now I find out they were just turned on on Saturday. Not only that but only 18 were working when they were turned on. I’m still wAiting for someone to call me or come to the house to set up the program on my computer so I can keep track of how much power we’re making and using. I think it’s generous to give you a 3.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Dolores Earnest, we are here to help. Can you please send us a private message with your system ID and a phone number where we can reach you? We'll look into this right away. Thank You. ^OA

Jul. 1st, 2019

wayne Orlando, FL

They took out to much money for the 1st 2 payments and I am still waiting on the 3rd payment to see

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Wayne, we are here to help. Could you please send us a message with your system id/phone number where we can reach you?. Thank you^MP

Jul. 19th, 2019

Cindy L Henderson, NV

Sunnova needs to have many more employees for customer service. It can take them a month to get back to emails and 1.5 hours or more to return calls when you are on the waitlist. When you do get the callback, the customer service people are VERY nice. I escalated my concerns to Juan, who was EXCELLENT! I had his direct # and he returned my calls as promised with answers very quickly. If it wasn't for their huge lack of employees, I would give them 5 stars.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Cindy, we always aim to deliver a great experience. We are gutted when we miss the mark! Thanks for taking the time to bring this to our attention. We will use the feedback to make us better and to ensure this doesn’t happen again.^MO

Aug. 1st, 2019

Erica Perko Vista, CA

The girl that helped me was wonderful. Very patient and explained things thoroughly. The frustrating part was I had to wait 36 minutes for my call to be answered initially. That’s way too long for a company to answer the phone especially when you have a quick “yes” or “no” question.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Erica, thank you for your positive feedback and welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Aug. 26th, 2019

Ed Spreng Egg Harbor, NJ

My initial experience with Sunnova was great. The install by their partner company Trinity was timely and very professional. The system has been in since 2016. When operational it's all I ever expected. Here's the problem. When it goes down their service is terrible and getting worse. I usually have it go down once a year on average. Service restoral takes about two weeks. Went out this time 7/28.. still waiting for a repair visit. Multiple calls haven't resulted in anything but excuses. For two weeks they even claimed the system wasn't down even when they could access my system remotely to prove otherwise. They even asked me to send pictures of the inverter display which shows no production and a fault light. Resolution dept. promised to call every two days with update. Never happens. Can't escalate any higher in company. They refuse. If anyone in Sunnova sees this please contact me.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Evening Ed Spreng, Our aim is to provide a customer experience that meets your expectations. I will follow up with department that is working closely with this issue to provide you with an update. ^OA

Sep. 13th, 2019

Maria Cajigas Kissimmee, FL

Too long to install. Other company give you gift for installing with them. They donot

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback Maria Cajigas . We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our customer.^OA

Sep. 17th, 2019

Sebastian Rucci Tuckerton, NJ

Having squirrel nesting under panels. I lease panels Sonoma wants me to pay for guards.called several times to speak with supervisor no one has returned my call

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Sebastian, we would like to apologize for your recent experience. We value our customer's opinions and would like to thank you for bringing this to our attention. We will reach out soon. Thank you!

Sep. 19th, 2019

Deborah Blair

It is impossible to speak with a person within a reasonable on hold time.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Deborah, thank you for your feedback. We use all of our customer comments to improve our Customer Service Standards. Welcome to the Sunnova Family! Thank you^MO

Sep. 24th, 2019

Ernesto Kissimmee, FL

They took way too long to install the panels. I feel that waiting 9 months to have solar panels installed is too long to wait.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you for your feedback Ernesto. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with your installation process. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our customers.^OA

Ralph Turano

hard to contact on a timely basis via phone

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Ralph, Thank you for your feedback, we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. Thank you for being apart of the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Kelley Clovis, CA

First, the problem was not necessarily with Sunnova, however the installation team they hired was a big problem. So, I feel Sunova is as much responsible as they are because I did not have any input in that choice. First, they tore off a huge portion of gutter that was on the back of my house, to which they neglected to inform anybody of this incident. Initially I let it go until I found out how much they are to replace properly and that a hole was made on a pipe to my water heater when they installed the ground. When I called the company the supervisor argued with me and basically was not going to have anyone take care of it because that was not their "Forte". That was after several attempts trying to get a hold of him since he takes very long lunches. The last time we had spoke he said he would get back to me, but I gather he must still be at lunch. So, I was left to take care of that problem on my own, in MY spare time! The gutter never was discussed since he is still at lunch. So, just hope that they have responsible and careful workers or you will be left to fix the problems they left. Then, which I was not made aware of till it was time to turn them on, PG and E has a contract that must be signed stating that you are responsible for overages of use. I believe this is where everybody gets the scam thought in their head because you would think you are producing the correct amount of energy, apparently not. So, in the end my bill will be about the same each month as it was before, because once I averaged the overage charges and add the cost of the panels, it's basically the same with the exact same usage. I just have the peace of mind that I am using solar instead. My solar has just been turned on, so other than those issues we will have to see what happens. Thank you!

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Kelley , Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID/Phone number where we can reach you? We will look into this right away. ^OA

Helen Atanasio

Totally screwed up my billing and how I purchased the system - did not lease it!! Very frustrating!!

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Helen Atanasio, thanks for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear about your experience with your billing. Could you please send us a private message with your contact number or system ID. We'll escalate your note to the appropriate department.^OA

Oct. 1st, 2019

Michael

Customer service is really great, but their portal and billing details in the portal are awful.

Reply from Sunnova

Thank you Michael for your feedback Ernesto. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with . Customer Service. This is not the typical Sunnova experience, our drive is to make solar hassle-free by being attentive when explaining the product to our customers.^OA

Oct. 1st, 2019

Rich Bakersfield, CA

Follow up communication after installation was poor.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Rich, Thank you for your Feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Oct. 11th, 2019

manny rifon Lodi, NJ

unable to contact antone by phone waited over 1 hour 3 days in a row left call back number never rec'd cal backl

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Manny, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your hold time experience. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID or contact number. We will escalate your concern to the appropriate department to contact you^MO

Oct. 21st, 2019

Phoebe Guinoo

They are good and but waiting time to call sometimes is long

Reply from Sunnova

Good Afternoon Phoebe, Thank you for your feedback we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Steven Smith

my electric bill is still pretty high and I,m disappointed. Thanks Steve

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Steven Smith, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not a typical Sunnova Experience. We do apologize and are here to help. If you could please send us a private message with your phone number/system id to . One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you ^OA

Nov. 5th, 2019

Valerie Blalock

It's been a slow process and the job isn't quite complete yet. Still waiting for Pepco to do work.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Valerie, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We do apologize and are here to help. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you within 1-2 business hours. Thank you ^MO

Kirk Saxton

My solar has been out of service. I have a inverter that needs to be installed. I can't afford the $275 too have your company install it right now. I'm saving up for you too install it.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kirk, thank you for your feedback. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will reach out to you as soon as possible. Thank you ^MO

Nov. 5th, 2019

Mauricio

The original guy that signed me up left the company and no one called me about the status of everything, I had to call you guys and a few things that were promised upon signing didn't happened and had to go through a manager to ok it on one those things.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Mauricio, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. Could you please send us a private message with your system ID or contact number. ^MO

Duane Barber

The whole process was filled with mistakes. They were all rectified however not sure what the outcome would of been if not for paying close attention to the whole process.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Duane, thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you in one to two business hours . Welcome to the Sunnova Family!Than^MO

Nov. 15th, 2019

Ed

Because i have not had the system that long to give an honest opion

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Ed, Thank you for your feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Ryan Loomis

The interest rates are higher than I should be paying

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Ryan, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could please send us your contact information via one of our Issue Resolutions Specialists will contact you soon. Thank you ^MP

Steven Schaffer

Customer service not always prompt in replying. Phone lines are almost always on hold

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Steven, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This is not the typical Sunnova Experience. If you could please send us your contact information via one of our Issue Resolutions Specialists will contact you soon. Thank you ^MP

Marietta Garcia Absecon, NJ

I'm spending more money now on electric bill than before. Customer service is excellent but now my bill from a Atlantic City electric was $28.00 and $89.00 from you. My electric bill same time last year was only $96.00.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Marietta, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we are here to help. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialists will reach out to you soon. ^MP

Dec. 3rd, 2019

Claude Goguen

Process took too long. We had the panels on the roof in August didn't get turned on until October

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Claude Goguen , we appreciate the positive feedback. We work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free, and we are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. We are excited to welcome you to the Sunnova family!^OA

Dec. 3rd, 2019

David

Didn't explain things clearly. I'm no saving any money with these panels and my house is now harder to sell.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning David, Thank you for bringing this to our attention. If you could please send us an email to with your system id/phone number where we can reach you?. We will look into this right away. Welcome to the Sunnova Family. ^MP

Dec. 10th, 2019

Kirk College Point, NY

Great customer service and the loan are fast approved.

Reply from Sunnova

Good Morning Kirk, Thank you for your feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MP

Dec. 31st, 2019

Kristine L Cape May, NJ

I was promised a referral fee months ago and I'm still waiting. Don't make promises and then excuses.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kristine L. , thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. We do appreciate your business and would like an opportunity to make things right. Would you please send your contact information to and one of our Resolution Specialists will contact you.

Dec. 31st, 2019

Kathleen Resch Denton

I haven't been with them long enough to give an honest opinion

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Kathleen, Thank you for your 3-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! ^MO

Jan. 24th, 2020

Keith

Jsut started with them being live so not much to go on bu tinstall.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jeffrey, Thank you for your 3-star review feedback and Welcome to the Sunnova Family! If you have any concerns please send your contact information to .^MO

Jan. 24th, 2020

Patty Mesquite, TX

very unreliable. They say they're going to show up at a certain time and they even call that morning but then they never show up

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Patty, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^MP

Feb. 4th, 2020

Matt

I'm generally happy with the solar system and its benefits. I am not happy with how long it took for the system to be installed and the loan for the purchase of the system. Sunnova may not be the party responsible for the slow installation (Trinity Solar was the company). The agreement was finalized early August and the system was turned on late December. Dealing with Sunnova on the loan has felt like nothing other than a "money grab". I had the resources available to pay off my loan immediately and was not able to. I called Sunnova a few times on this and was told different things, including that I had to wait for the system to be turned on to pay it off and then that I had to wait for my first bill to pay it off. Waiting for the first bill meant that I had to pay that first bill (which was made up of mostly interest) and then pay the system off. In total, I paid $440 more than the agreement's system cost. I tried to avoid paying anything more than the system cost and was not able to do that. So, this review reflects that frustration more than anything else. The staff I spoke to on the phone was always pleasant and mostly knowledgeable. Unfortunately, I had to speak with them more often than any customer should in order to understand payoff options.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Matt, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback. If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Feb. 12th, 2020

Jim

the system was installed in July and wasn't activated till mid December so how can I rate them when I still haven't actually been able to realize any energy results I also agreed to solar both as a cost savings and as a means of cutting down on fossil fuels and even though I was informed at the time and it may be that Suunova has no say in it...I find it disturbing that I have a lot more square footage that could hold panels to make my house far more energy efficient there fore I am unwilling to throw out any high ratings at this time...I may change my mind when I see real results of putting the solar panels on my home but whether it be the governement regulation or company policies it is deceiving to say I am being as enegery efficient and helping to cut down on my so called carbon footprint when it is clear that my roof could support a good number of additional panels...you asked I told you....

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Jim, we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. We are so happy to hear your experience reflected what we strive for. Thank you for your positive feedback and If you could please send us a message to with your System ID/Phone number where we can reach you? One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you. ^OA

Feb. 12th, 2020

Cheryl Dowling

Good customer service but it took over a month to get our system installed and running, with some scheduling issues on their end.

Reply from Sunnova

Good morning Cheryl, Thank you for bringing this to our attention we use all of our customer comments to better our customer service programs. We apologize for any delays that may have occurred. Welcome to the Sunnova Family!. ^MP

Feb. 11th, 2020

Julia Schonert

I was told that if I had to switch providers that I all fees would be covered. That was an actual lie. I was told that my name would be added for a referral fee to those I recommended. I didn't personally know two that I recommended and was told James would take care of it. He ended up quitting and for the two I referred to him and that signed for service, I didn't get a referral fee. I felt duped. James didn't recommend the right number of panels to begin with. That had to be fixed. The person that fixed this was great but I am still out my electric fee and never received the other two referral fees. That is deceptive. I actually still have in writing his promises but that hasn't been honored since he quit. So no, I will never refer this organization again. I referred at least 3 that signed up and had touted the benefits for months but I can't in good conscience do that again.

Reply from Sunnova

Hello Julia Schonert, we are sorry to hear that this was your experience with Sunnova we work hard to make the switch to solar hassle-free. One of our Issue Resolutions Specialist will contact you with 1-2 business hours. ^OA

Feb. 15th, 2020