Sunlux

8.3

Established in 2015 and with more than 7,000 unique solar installation projects under its belt, Sunlux was founded with the idea of making solar energy as simple and accessible as traditional electricity. The company has installed more than 14,000 kilowatts of solar energy across Southern California and Central Texas, and was named one of Solar Power World magazine’s “Top 500 Solar Contractors” in 2017, 2019, and 2020.

The Good

• Top-Level Panels, Inverters, and More
  • Competitive Warranties
  • Full-Service Installation
  • Multiple Financing Options
  • Smart Home Integration
  • Positive Review Portfolio

Top-Level Panels, Inverters, and More

Sunlux offers homeowners a selection of top-level solar panel, solar inverter, and roofing solutions. Sunlux trusts solar panels from LG, Panasonic, and Q CELLS, all of which average at least 19 percent energy efficiency and come with an equipment warranty of 25 years. As for solar inverters, Sunlux only trusts the best manufacturers: SolarEdge, Enphase, and SMA. These solar inverters track and monitor the performance of individual solar panels to ensure the roof-mounted solar PV system is running at peak efficiency.

In addition to all the essential components for a solar panel system, Sunlux also offers solar energy storage solutions (LG Chem and Tesla Powerwall) and EV charging stations to help homeowners take full advantage of solar power and save money on their monthly utility bill.

Competitive Warranties

To supplement the 25-year equipment warranties from the manufacturers, Sunlux supplies customers with its own 25-year workmanship or service warranty, which covers the costs of parts and labor for system repairs.

The solar installer also guarantees its systems will perform at maximum efficiency for their projected 25-year lifespan. In short, the company provides lifetime support of every solar energy system it installs.

Full-Service Installation

Sunlux is present at every step of the installation process and does not employ third-party contractors for installation or design. During the free consultation and initial site survey, Sunlux's energy consultants will determine the household's energy needs, consumption, and potential electric bill savings.

The Sunlux team will then design and implement a custom solar energy system, pulling all the necessary permits prior to installation. Once the system has been inspected and improved by the city, it is cleared for interconnection.

Multiple Financing Options

Sunlux offers customers a number of ways to pay for solar energy. Not only can customers purchase their system outright or finance through a zero-money down, low interest solar loan, but they can also lease their solar panels or opt for a prepaid plan/power purchase agreement.

Each option has its advantages: out-of-pocket purchase and loans yield the greatest return on investment and qualifies homeowners for the Federal Solar Tax Credit. Solar leases and PPAs meanwhile, are cost-effective solutions that lock customers in to a low monthly rate (less expensive than their current electricity bill), sometimes with the option to purchase the system once the 20-year contract has expired.

Smart Home Integration

One exciting development in the solar industry is its integration with home automation components. Sunlux easily pairs with the Google Nest Smart Thermostat as well as the Leviton Load Center, a smart circuit breaker that helps monitor your home’s energy usage.

Positive Review Portfolio

Sunlux reviews posted to Best Company are generally positive and exhibit relatively few customer complaints. Many satisfied Sunlux customers cited positive experience with customer service as well as the solar installation process at-large. On the occasion that a customer complaint arises, Sunlux is quick to respond and provide immediate support or solutions to the customer's problem.

The Bad

• Limited Availability
  • No NABCEP Certification

Limited Availability

Sunlux is only available to residents of Southern California and Central Texas, both of which are highly competitive solar markets occupied by hundreds of solar installers. Verified Sunlux Reviews can help distinguish the company from the competition and give potential customers insight into the quality of its customer service and solar installation process.

No NABCEP Certification

Sunlux does not appear to have a certification from the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP), which would indicate that its technicians have undergone special, additional training. While the lack of a certification does not in any way imply poor installation quality, it can sometimes make the difference for a customer comparing multiple solar companies.

The Bottom Line

Sunlux is quite transparent in the exact type of solar panel systems it installs, the warranties used to support those systems, and the options provided to finance them. The company has installed thousands of kilowatts of clean energy and is prepared to help customers at every step of the installation process and beyond. Customers in California and Texas are encouraged to obtain a free quote, and read Sunlux reviews to determine if the company is right for them.

Message from
Sunlux

At Sunlux, we are in the business of providing high quality products paired with world-class customer service. Our company was founded five years ago on the belief that solar energy should be as simple for the consumer as traditional electricity. Fast forward to present day, and we have a team with over 30 years of combined experience in the industry and have completed more than 7,000 residential installations. We provide free, 20-30 minute, no obligation consultations to discuss a custom system based on the consumer's usage, roof type, sun exposure, etc. If you decide to go with us, we are equally attentive of your needs through installation and way beyond. Better still, our work is backed by an industry leading 25-year warranty. Sunlux proudly services the Southern California and Central Texas regions. We are premiere installers for LG and Panasonic, as well as certified Tesla Powerwall installers. We also offer many smart home options, electric vehicle solutions, and roofing services. At Sunlux, we make solar simple.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

bookmark

Featured Review

Jay Long Beach, CA

This is the third house we're dealing with Sunlux so we started with them and we were very impressed. Installation went beautifully, simply, professionally. They have been very responsive when we've had any questions or issues come up. They really kind of helped us work through problems with past companies and we love our salesman Mark so this is the third time we're working with Sunlux.

Reply from Sunlux

Jay, thank you for the continuous support and trust in us. Things always dong go perfect, but we try our best to ensure things are taken care of.

bookmark

Featured Review

Tammy Long Beach, CA

The job isn't finished until it's exactly to the customers satisfaction.

Louis La Puente, CA

Sunlux was professional and communicated very well throughout the process. They tailored my expectations such that the panels were completed before the estimated timeline. They worked quickly and professionally, and it appears to be high quality work. I'd highly recommend them.

Leah Reseda, CA

Sunlux was very responsive to any questions and they kept us updated on the progress as far as when the actual installation was going to start and actually started earlier than anticipated that finished within a very short period of time so we were happy about that. The installation process went smoothly, the crew was fantastic--very polite and professional--and if I had any questions or concerns, they were front and center in answering those without any hesitation. The only concern that I had was I think there was a little bit of a break down in the transition from paid electricity to the solar add-on with the power company and it was probably four months before the paperwork was finally corrected.

Charles Los Angeles, CA

Overall I think they're great. They did a good job--I would definitely recommend to other people. I had to email them four or five times before they sent out a technician so I would say the responsiveness on that was pretty poor but everything else about the support was good. The installation process was great. At the last minute there was some kind of confusion that happened where they failed to turn on the system and they seemed to be all mixed up. I was told by customer support that the system was on and producing but it wasn't so I'm not sure why they got mixed up like that but basically we went for like a couple weeks worth of delay on the system becoming operational because of the whatever confusion they had.

Reply from Sunlux

Charles, We have had several people mention that there was issues regarding communication in our service tech department. As a result, we have overhauled that as we heard complaints and combined our Inspections and Service into one larger department called Logistics - this enabled us to double our coverage as well as support as we cross trained these awesome techs! We are not perfect, but try to do what is best and always pursue perfection.

Joe Spicewood, TX

I chose Sunlux for their professionalism, honesty, they weren't pushy at all, they allowed me to digest the information and talk to my wife so we could make a good decision. Some of the other contractors we dealt with were very aggressive for us to make a decision right then and there and not knowing much how it works. It was nice to know that with Sunlux, we had our time, and they took more of an educational process--they were educating us how it works, why it works, and how it benefits us. Then when we were ready we decided to make a decision rather than being pressured into it. Installation was good, it was pretty smooth, there was a couple of little hiccups but I kind of expected that--it's construction--but you know they took care of things right away and they let us know any issues right away and the game plan how those are going to be resolved. Everytime I needed an answer from my project coordinator they were available, including the sales team, or anybody that I would talk with.

Gordon Walnut, CA

Sunlux was very honest in their estimates and forecasts on our solar project. Sunlux was very diligent in pursuing the proper city permits for our home. Installation and implementation also moved forward very quickly.

Matar Norco, CA

Felt that once sales associate finished sale he didn’t check back afterwards to answer any questions. There were multiple people involved and it was confusing in who was our go-to person at times. Erika continues to keep in touch which I appreciate. Disappointed the delay in the Tesla battery wasn’t brought to our attention immediately. They waited til contract was signed and then told us the details. We signed up fall 2020, installed winter 2020 and have been told Tesla won’t be sending out batteries until after summer when we need it most. No discounts for inconvenience was offered. Just tough luck.

Matthew Yucaipa, CA

I like the presentation and the quality of the finished work, the step-by-step process of how they install, and what type of installation they do versus other companies. Their customer support was responsive when I had questions. Everything seems great so far--it's only been out for a month--but everything seems like it's doing what it was supposed to be doing.

Josh Chino Hills, CA

When I was initially looking into getting solar, one of the first things I did was look into the different panels available and all the equipment that Sunlux offers was all top of the line stuff that I had sort of evaluated prior to contacting them. It's been a very positive experience. Installation went very smoothly. Occasionally there'd be some delay it communication back from them regarding my questions.

Reply from Sunlux

Josh, Thank you that you were patient during communication. As any company, sometimes we have turnover, and when it happens in Project Management it hurts extra. We always try to improve and make sure things go smooth, but that doesn't always happen. Thank you for continuing being a great client!

Layne Mission Viejo, CA

Well after researching and talking with many different providers, Sunlux just stood out mostly because they offered by far the best financing options. They had some of the best panels available and I just felt like their overall use was remotely good so all that adds up to be the best option. They've been pretty good at getting back to us with our questions throughout the process and installation was good.

Jessica Oceanside, CA

The sales person was very knowledgeable, responsive, and had a great product knowledge and then the account manager who took us to the end of the project was also very knowledgeable, professional, and had great response time. Customer service handled everything professionally. The installation process went very smoothly. I like that Sunlux is an all-inclusive company and provides all services under one roof.

Gerald Riverside, CA

I liked the presentation that the salesperson provided. If we needed anything during the installation process, we could contact our project manager directly and he got back to us really quickly. The customer service reps have always been responsive and they've been very informative and they tell you exactly what's going on. It all seems to be working well--exactly as advertised--and so far going well.

Chad and Tatiana Poortinga Valley Springs, CA

Great customer service and pricing! The estimate process was so simple and quick! All of the staff treated us great and the installers were great too! I am definitely recommending Sunlux to anyone interested! Great work Sunlux!

Anonymous Carlsbad, CA

They were most flexible on meeting my needs. Customer service helped get around some road blocks that the city administration was placing up on us. Everything went very well once they got the permission to do the installation.

Jonathan Glendora, CA

I chose Sunlux because it is a smaller company and I was looking for a more personalized service rather than being just one in a line of a million people. The installation process was a little slow. Our project manager was a little challenging and didn't provide a lot of direction or clarity and required me as a customer to do a lot of follow up and figure out what the next steps were.

Michael Lancaster, CA

We were looking to purchase and Sunlux had a good loan program. Other companies wanted to lease to us and we didn't really want to lease, we wanted to purchase. Once we got installation scheduled, it went very very smoothly, it was excellent. The sales team is excellent but you might have to press them on time. I had to be persistent to get my installation scheduled. Some people were very responsive and very helpful like Chris D.--he was excellent--and then there's some that were hard to get ahold of or get an answer from.

Vicente Ontario, CA

Sunlux was just better as far as information being provided. It was clear what was available and not available with the price. Basically it the communications of the program were a lot better. Customer support was very helpful and was always in communication. The equipment seems to be good quality and I haven't had any problems yet.

Gary Picou Georgetown, TX

Sales rep was responsive and patient as I explored solar options. Once I decided to install a system, the project manager kept me informed.

Lydia Plunk Diamond Bar, CA

The quality of the product appears to be fine. The people are neat, polite and care about providing good customer service, however the communication needs improvement in order to receive 5 out of 5 stars.

Gary Muller Stevenson Ranch, CA

Best team I ever worked with from the sales department to the project manager, installation was incredible and the staff handling the SGIP paperwork were phenomenal

Amanda Hemet, CA

I don't even know if my panels are working. I still receive electric bills right now so I really can't say I'm saving any money at this point. We were told that we were going to be shown how to use the app and how to track the panels but we haven't heard anything. We've had an issue with our breaker since installation and I've emailed and nobody has finished helping us with that so now we're branching out to get help elsewhere. I won't be referring Sunlux to anybody.

Reply from Sunlux

Hi Amanda, sorry to hear that some of your issues were not resolved. Please email me directly at [email protected] and I will ensure that any outstanding issues that might have slipped through the crack get taken care of.

Helen Chino, CA

It just seemed like Sunlux has pretty good reviews so I just went with that and the price was lower than most. Installation went very smoothly. They answered all the questions that I had and were very clear.

Manuel Redlands, CA

The installation process was seamless. I think it would've been nice to have a follow-up call from the the representative--I was never walked through downloading the app or even how to use the app--so that would've been a nice addition that's all.

Carl Palm Springs, CA

Well I'm happy with Sunlux. Just a very good positive company. They just had all the answers when I had to call and ask them what was going on. It's functioning properly as much as it can and I don't even worry about it.

Reply from Sunlux

Thank you Carl. Let us know if ever something comes up or if you ever see the system not reporting in and we will ensure you are taken care of.

Martin La Verne, CA

I liked the panels' design and the sales person and then the managers that I dealt with. Every question I had, they answered, and any suggestion that I had, they took into account. No issues whatsoever.

Andrew Temecula, CA

They seem like they knew what they were doing and had helpful customer service. They were on top of talking to me when I needed help and updating me on things. Installation went well, and the panels work well.

Keith Trabuco Canyon, CA

Installation was very smooth. I would say the financing is very smooth and professional as well. There were delays in getting some questions answered in some things but it was still a good experience.

Doug Cowie Round Rock, TX

Best pricing options and appeared to be most knowledgeable about the product. A little slow on the implementation and issues with local utility.

Forrest Santa Ana, CA

The staff was courteous and seemed to know what they're doing. They kept me informed of every step. I liked the interface that I had with the designer.

Anonymous Laguna Beach, CA

The process went fairly well but with one issue that took a while to resolve but it was resolved to my satisfaction. The workers that I dealt with were positive and the sales representative also seemed knowledgeable.

Alex Santa Ana, CA

They have good prices and I like the technology. Customer service was very responsive, the installation process was very quick. It's a good experience overall.

James Valley Village, CA

I was under the impression that I would get like as zero dollar power bill based on all of the analysis done by the sales people and that's just not happening so I'm not as satisfied as I would like to be with the system simply because now I'm paying for the bill on the solar as well as still paying for a power bill of some sort so it's just okay.

Reply from Sunlux

Hi James. We are very diligent in ensuring your system was designed with net zero cost. We are happy to review your utility bill and find out whether if we fell short or analyze to see where the problem is. Please email [email protected] and he will be more than happy to take care of this.

Michael Izumi Glendale, CA

Customer service, good product selection, good customer follow-up after installation

Tim Rancho Cucamonga, CA

Easy to work with, upfront with what they quote,great group of installers, clean work

Anupom Ganguli Arcadia, CA

Fast response, good information, reliable references, fair price, solid guaranty, delivered quality product on time.

Jarrod Monterey, CA

Installation went very well. They were done within one day--that's very good. Customer service is very responsive.

Len Luiso Costa Mesa, CA

Easy to work with, and explain all aspects of the system thoroughly

Erica Marquez Fontana, CA

They were very knowledgeable, helpful and explained everything to help understand

Travis Norco, CA

Great execution and communication. Pricing was upfront and fair. Product is high quality as well.

Dan Rancho Mirage, CA

I got a bunch of estimates. SunLux was competitive with all and offered the most service. They did a great job on the installation and followed up on everything. Their installation team and customer service were great.

Pat Trabuco Canyon, CA

No muss and no fuss with Sunlux at the helm. The system's up and running.

Jeanette Morris Palmdale, CA

Customer service--from initial meeting through installation and completion

Zach San Gabriel, CA

Very professional from start to finish. Installation is quick and efficient.

Lam Santa Monica, CA

Professional in all levels from salesman to patchwork and clean-up.

Jeff Yucaipa, CA

During the reroof, electrical wires were cut in the attic and never replaced, cutting out power to 2 bedrooms.

Chris Gilliam Duarte, CA

Great service and got my job done in a timely matter.

Jonathan Rathmann Corona, CA

Sunlux is responsive to my questions/concerns. I had a concern during recent rain event, and they came out and help me fix it.

David B. Murrieta, CA

Everything went without a hitch from begining to end. Great project manager. Allways on time and great installers.

Veronica Arana Chino, CA

Sunlux was very professional, we had a quick installation, and great customer service.