Semper Solaris

7.2

LAST UPDATED: January 26th, 2022

Founded in 2012 by former United States Marine Kelly Shawhan and construction specialist John Almond, Semper Solaris is a solar energy contractor and residential roofing company based in San Diego, California, that has created a niche by hiring ex-Marines and US military members.

The solar installation company boasts that it is "locally and veteran owned and uses products designed in America," and it can perform any necessary roof repairs or even put on a whole new energy efficient roof replacement. In addition to solar panels, Semper Solaris also offers battery backup options for solar energy systems, including the Tesla Powerwall.

The solar power company currently serves Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County, Palm Springs, Laguna Hills, El Cajon, the Inland Empire, and the Bay Area of California. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Semper Solaris Reviews from real customers.

The Good

• High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Veteran Owned Solar and Roofing Company
  • Four-Time Top 500 Solar Contractor

High Quality Solar Equipment

Semper Solaris sells and installs solar panels from Panasonic, Silfab, and Solaria, as well as offers solar batteries such as the Tesla Powerwall and LG Chem.

Veteran Owned Solar and Roofing Company

Semper Solaris hopes to ensure a set of values by supporting military and local businesses. Headquartered in San Diego, a city full of military members and their families, this may offer a unique appeal for potential customers. In addition to solar installation services, Semper Solaris is also a roofing contractor, which should instill confidence in customers that the company knows what it is doing when it comes to the construction side of things. In fact, the company has partnered with Owens Corning and is one of the few Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractors nationwide for all roofing projects. Additionally, if a customer needs to have their roof replaced before the solar panel installation, Semper Solaris can take care of it all in house, which is a benefit few solar energy installers can provide.

Four-Time Top 500 Solar Contractor

Per Solar Power World Magazine, the Semper Solaris Family has earned top-500 status in 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018 and has installed more than 93,000 kiloWatts of clean energy, an impressive amount of work since its founding in 2012. This kind of recognition is significant, as it demonstrates the company's commitment to install quality solar energy systems, and help as many people as possible save on their electric bill.

The Bad

• Little Information Available on Website
  • Limited Time in Business
  • No Solar Lease or PPA

Little Information Available on Website

As with almost every solar installer in the industry, detailed information about pricing is not available on Semper Solaris's website; prospective solar customers have to perform additional work to find the information they're looking for. Interested consumers are encouraged to reach out to a customer service or sales rep or from the company for more information on the entire process.

Limited Time in Business

Semper Solaris was founded in 2012, which is a relatively short time in business when compared to other leading solar companies with a sometimes decades-long track record of quality work.

No Solar Lease or PPA

While Semper Solaris does provide outright purchase and financing options like a solar loan to help the customer pay for his or her solar project, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements (PPA). Although these latter two options preclude the customer from taking advantage of solar incentives and the federal tax credit, they significantly reduce the upfront and ongoing costs of going solar while still meeting the customer's energy needs.

The Bottom Line

Semper Solaris is a veteran owned roofing contractor and renewable energy company that has been in business since 2012 and has created a positive reputation among customers from San Diego County to San Jose, California. With new solar installation companies cropping up all the time, Semper Solaris has established a niche by emphasizing itself as a true American solar company with a proven work ethic. Semper Solaris offers high quality solar panels and battery storage options for every solar installation, but does not provide a company app to monitor energy production, energy savings, or power usage.

View Best Solar Companies

L West Sacramento, CA

I saw the commercial and liked it so I called and they sent Rae S to my house and she made me really happy. She knows her stuff. I talked to another guy from another company and she was better than him. She needs to be the CEO.I had solar on my old house and when I moved hear to the new house I knew I had to get solar bc otherws I wasn’t gonna make it. Get your solar from Semper Solaris. They’re good. They know what they’re doing. And ask for Rae, she knows her stuff.

1 day ago

Heather Barrett Moorpark, CA

We were getting estimates on a roof when a close relative gave us a flyer from Semper. We then decided it made sense to install solar at the same time as our new roof. We met with Bob K. Semper’s quote was competitive. It wasn’t the lowest but we felt Bob had our best interests in mind, understood our needs and could recommend what was best for our situation. Bob was personable, upfront and honest. He was the only installer we met with who told us about the rebate on the Tesla Powerwall2 batteries and that sealed the deal for us. The roofing crew was super efficient. Our roofing manager Eddie called me every night to tell me what had been accomplished and what time they would be starting the next day. The solar crew was helpful, professional and on time. Our system is living up to our high expectations – we are selling energy back to the grid! Our decision to go solar is saving us money and we feel fortunate that we got our batteries in time to qualify for the rebates. We have recommended Semper and Bob to our close friends and neighbors and we are really happy!

John Sprung Reseda, CA

I first heard of Semper Solaris from one of their radio commercials. I liked that they're veteran owned and hire veterans. I got four bids and Bob K of Semper Solaris clearly had far and away the most knowledge and experience. There may have been a lower bid, but the comfort level from knowing that Bob knows what he's doing made Semper clearly the best value. I wanted a company that would do both a re-roof and the solar job, so if there were any leaks when it rains, there'd be only one responsible party. The roof tear off was fast, and the re-roof even faster. Those crews are experienced and very well coordinated, there's no wasted motion. They were done in three and a half days. And now, in December, we’ve had some major rain with no leaks at all. The solar and electrical work was also very well done. We got a Tesla Powerwall, so we had to replace the DWP service entrance, the meter socket, and the main breaker panel. The only real delay was from the city, both DBS and DWP. Even the stucco was patched and painted to match perfectly. The system had a few minor issues at first, there were some incorrect settings that had to be changed by Tesla over the internet, and one hardware fix by Semper. But the main point is that Semper fixes things promptly. Now the system is working fine. Even in November we're basically self-powered on sunny days. We only need power from the DWP if it's cloudy or drizzles. We sell a lot more to them than we buy from them. About three weeks after we were debugged and running, the DWP had a 27 hour power failure. We were the only house in the neighborhood that had full power the whole time. The solar was able to charge the batteries during the day without backfeeding the grid, and we had plenty to get through the night. The only thing that isn't backed up is air conditioning. In November if we get to 100% during the day, we typically have 30% - 40% left when the sun comes up again. Going solar with a battery was definitely a good decision, I highly recommend Bob K and Semper Solaris.

Mark Simi Valley, CA

I heard about Semper Solaris from a friend who served in the Army. My wife and I both have family in the Navy, so we wanted to support a company that is veteran owned and supports veterans. My salesman, Bob K, was very good. We had a few other companies come out who tried to push us into leasing. Bob explained and presented the difference between leasing and purchasing in such an excellent way that it made it easy to choose Semper Solaris. Our work crew was nice, clean and efficient. The foreman explained the entire process to me and took pride in his work. He took the time to make it look clean and symmetrical and even took a picture of his work. The guys were great and respectful, calling me "sir." My decision to go solar was great. I definitely recommend Bob K and Semper Solaris. I'm excited to see the results as the months and years go by!

semper solaris tesla powerwall San Dimas, CA

I started looking for batteries about a year and a half ago for myself. I met with Bob K from Semper Solaris at the time. Bob is great! Recently I was looking for batteries for my mom and I immediately called Bob based on my previous experience with him. My mom enjoyed every facet of her installation. The crew paid attention to every detail and did a good job. I monitor the app on my phone for my mom and I get emails about potential outages. I feel great about the decision to install Tesla Powerwall batteries to supplement my mom's solar panels. I plan to install them in my home as soon as possible!

Marshall S. Colton, CA

My solar and backup battery project with Semper Solaris was nothing short of amazing. From the first call to completion, Semper Solaris was a pleasure to deal with. Our consultant Genevieve thoroughly explained the process and answered all of our questions throughout. Construction supervisor Daniel and his crew were also a pleasure to work with. They were on time, courteous, and totally responsive to our needs and schedule. Shortly after our system went online, SDGE shut our electricity off for a planned maintenance project. It was so nice to have our Tesla battery backup online to power our home seamlessly during the outage. So looking forward to electric bills going forward! Thank you Semper Solaris.

Mary Russo El Cajon, CA

We had our roof replaced and a 21 panel solar system installed by Sempra Solaris. The project went very well. Sempra Solaris is unmatched with project follow up, they check in at every stage to make sure the customer is satisfied. Our sales representative, Genevieve, was very informed and a delight to work with from the very beginning to the end. Other standouts were Mike (roofing), Veronica ( customer service) , and Mark ( solar install).

Michelle Johnstone San Diego, CA

My husband and I were in the market for AC and a complete new HVAC system along with solar and our friend recommended Semper Solaris.  My husband is the type who does lots of research and asks lots of questions. We met with Genevieve from Semper and she was so great. She answered all of our questions (there were a lot) and was always quick to get back to us. She designed a system that was appropriate for our lifestyle and took the time to discuss future energy use and trends vice just looking at our current usage like most of the other solar companies.  Semper gave us a competitive price, but really shined when it came to customer service which is so important with such a big investment.  Semper and Genevieve were very communicative and always quick to help us out. They were on time, clean, and professional. All of the installers were true professionals. This is not a fly by night solar company who’s going to disappear after installation. If you are looking for competitive prices and exceptional service, go with Semper.

Davis Johnstone Chino, CA

Solar is a big investment and there are many decision to be made that will have an impact for years to come.  Genevieve was our sales advisor and she absolutely crushed it.  I'm the type of customer that is heavily researched, has lots of questions, and wants to know all the intricate details.  Genevieve walked us through everything step by step.  She did not sell us on a system or features that would not benefit us in the long run.  I felt like she had our best interest in mind throughout the process.  A pleasant change from other quotes we received.  Semper has competitive pricing and is very quick to respond to any questions, concerns, or issues.  Our HVAC manager Chris was also awesome.  We had some questions about the tricky placement of our AC condenser and Chris was super responsive to helping us come up with a solution which worked perfectly.  Installation was a breeze.  They picked up after themselves each day, were on time, and communicative.  It's apparent that Semper is a business which takes care of its customers first and foremost.  Our AC is purring along and we quickly wondered how we lasted so long without it.  With the addition of solar, we're looking forward to the long term energy savings not to mention doing our part in reducing our demand on the grid.  There are lots of solar companies but not all are the same.  If you are looking for great customer service, an honest and educated solar advisor, and a company that's going to be around for years to come if you ever have any issues, look no further.

Lowell Snyder San Marcos, CA

Semper Solaris was recommended by my realtor when I bought my new house. But I also checked reviews of other companies and got another competing bid to make sure I was getting a good value. Semper Solaris was not only substantially cheaper, but they were VERY responsive through the entire process. Joshua D gave was able to review my energy usage and provide a quote for a system that was very affordable. They walked me through the process, including arranging a solar loan through a local lender. The design process was quick and easy and they provided the details for the HOA to allow for a quick approval. Once all the approvals were in place (county permits were approved within days of HOA approval), the installation was done on the following Monday morning. They installed a large system in 1 morning! The system was inspected and cleared the next day and SDG&E approved it to operate in less than a week. The Semper Solaris team kept me informed through the entire process with easy communication and progress milestone updates. Highly recommended!

Steve Fox Pleasanton, CA

Semper Solaris Complete Failure Semper Solaris was paid $1000 and acknowledged our contract of $28,950 for the installation of two Tesla Powerwalls on 7 November, 2020. The filing for the SGIP refund was stalled until this installation was approved by PG&E on 4 December, 2020 for a refund of $26,400. On 9 December, 2020 I was informed by Semper Solaris we must wait for Tesla to ship the Powerwall batteries, currently on backorder. Semper Solaris expected to receive the batteries in March to April 2021. On 11 January, 2021 Semper Solaris requested a site assessment, and was sent detailed diagrams and documentation of our current solar panel installation. The site assessment was completed on 12 January, 2021. The contract project then entered Semper Solaris Design and Review process. On 1 February, 2021 Semper Solaris billed me for a change order, as they determined the batteries would not be installed in our garage, as pre-planned, but must be installed “within a free standing structure”. I asked for more information as to the exact location of this structure and noted my fears at this installation being at risk due to the lack of communication and progress of Semper Solaris, requesting weekly updates. Theses updates never occurred, and I declined to pay for this change order without more information about the details. I sent Semper Solaris another request for information regarding this recent change order of over $1600, stating I was very concerned the lack of communication and slow construction process. I stated if Semper Solaris did not provide a design document within one week I would ask for a refund to pursue this installation with another, more responsive, solar contractor. On 16 February, 2021 Semper Solaris finally explained, in one cryptic sentence, the installation must be up-stream of our generator installation to avoid system electrical damage. On 24 Febrary, 2021 I objected to this change as I did not want the batteries installed over ¼ mile away from our home, isolated at a distant corner of our property. I again complained about a complete lack of any communication with Semper Solaris for the entire month of February. On 24 February, 2021 Semper Solaris explained they could put the batteries in our garage for a fee $11,100, or build a smaller free standing structure for just $600, or half their original estimate. On this date I approved the change to a free standing structure, with the stipulation I receive a drawing showing the installed location. On 2 March, 2021 I received a diagram of this free standing structure, showing how the batteries would be placed on posts connected by steel channel. The change order noted the batteries would be installed by the “Main Panels”. I made the mistake of assuming the “Main Panels” were the electrical panels on our garage, next to the generator and PG&E feed into our garage and home. I sent Semper Solaris an electrical diagram showing exactly how our home is currently wired to both PG&E and our standby generator. On 9 March, 2021 I received a confusing document and asked for clarification. I received this clarification on 11 March, 2021, finally showing the installation was to be at the lot line, almost 2000’ from our home. I was told any additional information would have to wait until the construction plans are drafted. I approved these changes, fearing any more delays. On 1 April, 2021 I received notice the building permits had been submitted. I signed a waiver for any damages or risk involved in my generator installation, absolving Semper Solaris of any harm. Semper Solaris disappeared, despite repeated requests for progress updates, until 20 May, 2021, when Semper Solaris sent copies of the building permit requests. Semper Solaris disappeared, despite repeated requests for progress updates, until 12 July, 2021, when I received a note saying they are “working to get a tentative install date scheduled for before 12/4/21.” Semper Solaris disappeared until 4 September, 2021. I no longer requested any information from Semper Solaris, feeling this project will fail, and I will simply receive a $1000 refund. On 4 November, 2021 I received a note saying installation is scheduled for the 10th and 11th of November, 2021. I received a bill for $22,840. Not having the amount in cash I paid by CC, costing me an additional $686. Semper Solaris crew shows up, and in three days, working from ~10:30 am to ~ 1:30 pm accomplishes the digging of two holes and setting two posts in concrete, adding steel cross bars, installing 3” NMT to the main PG&E panel, and hanging two Tesla Powerwalls, a distribution panel and the Tesla Gateway. Not a single wire was pulled. This work crew of Ty and Nathan spent their time dealing with a truck with faulty brakes, waiting for PG&E to resolve an electrical safety issue, and constantly discussing on their phones issues with missing parts, parts delivery, work scheduling, and, for hours, with another solar installer, Citadel Electric, arranging new jobs for themselves and several others. They hated Semper Solaris as much as myself, and for the same reasons - management incompetence. I learned Semper Solaris had these batteries for several months, since April, but no one at the North California office wished to do this distant installation, as it entailed driving all the way from Modesto and lots of digging. Semper Solaris simply did not wish to do this contracted work. After paying over $24,000 I was getting extremely nervous over the lack of progress, facing the SGIP deadline of December, 2021. On 23 November, 2021 no one showed up for work. On 24 November, 2021 Semper Solaris filed to a SGIP extension. On 24 November, 2021 no one showed up for work, this after a promise a crew would show up and work until the job was completed. On 24 November, 2021 I participated in a telephone meeting with several Semper Solaris managers. After being told explicitly a crew would show up to complete the work on 1 December, 2021, the crew shows up to dismantle all the previous work, moved all the equipment into my garage, and promptly departed. On 3 December, 2021 the SGIP extension was approved by PG&E. On 6 December, 2021 I formally notify Semper Solaris I consider our project contract invalidated by their repeated installation failures. Semper Solaris continues to blame me for their failure, citing electrical code issues, completely unrelated to their scope of work, discovered in November, 2021, during the only 3 days of works they accomplished. On 8 December, 2021 Semper Solaris informs me of another site assessment to be accomplished the next day, 9 December, 2021. On December 10 Semper Solaris informs me “it would be best to cancel the contract.” “Your refund will be processed once we receive the equipment.” I immediately counter they will not be allowed to touch the equipment until I receive a refund, knowing after 15 months of their “process” capability. I counter by offering to buy this equipment “at a fair and equitable price.” On 21 December, 2021 Semper Solaris informs their legal team is completing the contract closure. On 6 January, 2022 I receive from Semper Solaris the contract, wherein they sell me the Tesla Powerwalls and related equipment for the entire $24,525.20 paid them over the last 15 months. I consider this unacceptable, as I am paying them for work never attempted, let alone completed.

Mickey Adams Lodi, CA

Our original interaction with Bob C. in July was terrific, and so was the loan process in August. After that it’s been down hill, permits not getting done in a timely fashion, phone calls, text messages not returned. Almost to the day of our loan needed to get new qualifications we were given a date for beginning of circuit panel upgrade and meter replacement, and needed the loan funded. Now that they have their money, 2 days before the actual begin in of wok they cancelled because they didn’t coordinate with city for inspection. And they have our money!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Mickey, we appreciate you reaching out and sharing your experience. We're pleased to hear you had a great consultation and want to make sure that we continue that positive streak for you. We'd like to discuss the details of your project and see how we can help, but we cannot find locate a project under your name. We've sent you a private message requesting your account details, please reply at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Dec. 7th, 2021

Gerardo Garcia Bakersfield, CA

I saw a Semper Solaris commercial on T.V. and called them right away. Robert A was on time, courteous, patient, and thorough. We purchased a 2nd system and two Tesla Powerwalls so we could become a "Self-Powered" home. I'm a veteran (Navy) and love to support veterans whenever possible! I highly recommend Robert A and Semper Solaris.

Oscar A Ros Kernville, CA

My experience with Semper Solaris was excellent! Nothing like the other companies who came out. The other companies didn't want to provide any documents about the solar before signing the loan papers. And some companies made appointments but didn't show up. Rae S was the consultant who worked with me. Everything was upfront about the system, financing, etc. She did an awesome job helping me understand and representing Semper Solaris. She gave me all the information from the beginning and I was comfortable with how she set it up. Thank you, Rae! Thank you, Semper Solaris!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Oscar, thanks for sharing your excellent Semper Solaris experience with our consultant Raedene! We're proud to hear that she helped you understand your solar, roofing, and financing options and also made you feel comfortable with your big home upgrade purchase. We'll be sure to pass along your kind words and compliments!

Oct. 8th, 2021

Vinh Tracy, CA

If you are looking to add solar to your home, please proceed with caution. We had a miserable time communicating with Sempar Solaris and they had multiple delays at our expense. For context, our solar panels were installed in September 2020 but they were not activated until February 2021. I am very understanding that COVID caused many delays all around, however, this was 6 months of time waiting to use a service that we were ACTIVELY paying for. We would always receive calls that someone would get back to us and these calls would go on for weeks on months before anything actually happened. All that we asked was that Sempar Solaris rectify the extra cost they incurred to us since we had to pay 6 months of our solar loan (even though we weren't able to use solar) AND PGE! We only asked to be reimbursed for whichever bill was lowest for those months. Then we went back and forth with customer rep Laney for ANOTHER 6 MONTHS before they agreed to send us a measly $200 for our inconvenience. Don't waste your time and energy on them.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Vinh, thank you for sharing your experience. We appreciate your acknowledging and understanding that Covid posed a lot of delays in our industry. Although yours is not a positive review, we are always looking for ways to improve our customer experience and ultimately want you to be satisfied with your new solar energy system. Please continue to work with Crystal towards a resolution. Thank you.

Dec. 20th, 2021

MGW San Jose, CA

Here's the very brief version of my very lengthy nightmare experience with Semper Solaris after contracting with them to add 2 Tesla Powerwall batteries to my existing solar panel system: - They don't have access to batteries less than 6 months out and will lie about availability - They will schedule installation dates with full knowledge they don't have anything available to install and repeatedly reschedule at the last minute in an attempt to cover for themselves. - They don't read the notes from failed code inspections, don't fix the problems multiple times, and lie about what's wrong. - They don't know the electrical code in California and will lie about local code having changed to cover for it. - They don't know the SGIP process or requirements and will get it wrong. - They refuse to provide their legally required contractor's bond information when repeatedly asked for it.

Karmjit24 Bakersfield, CA

Best solar company in town! Met a lot of other companies but this company gave us the best quote, helped lower my bill and I’m saving $4,000 a year! I recommend talking to Robert Alva.

michelle seda San Diego, CA

After doing my due diligence on solar companies we chose Semper Solaris and so glad we did. Our experience was outstanding from our first meeting with Genevieve ( who explained how solar works) to Albert who installed and connected our system. Every person within the Semper team were courteous, patient and helpful. They made us feel like they appreciated us as customers which felt great! An A+ company in our book. We will be recommending them to anyone who wants to start producing clean energy with solar panels. Thank you Genevieve, Albert and the Semper team for making our solar learning experience so enjoyable.

Beth W

As our electric bill grew and solar incentives became attractive we began to consider converting our Long Beach home to solar power. We looked around, asked friends and family and in particular we read with interest the reviews on Yelp. That is where we were first made aware of Semper Solaris. It was about two years ago and saw all the great reviews for Semper Solaris. We loved the positive reviews and the fact that they were a Veteran Owned business. Bob King came out and met with us at that time. Bob was a great sport and very patient as we told him we were meeting with 2 - 3 other companies. We were not sure that the battery bank was quite where we wanted it so we decided to wait. Then in August 2020 we had a 24 hour power outage, which helped us make the decision to finally to go solar. Bob was happy to come out and meet with us again after nearly two years. He was willing to answer all our questions and remained engaged the whole time. He made the entire process seamless and easy from step to step. Bob and the employees at Semper helped explain and file all the necessary paperwork and there was never one point where I had to do anything – I literally watched with amazement as they passed the baton from one group to the other and kept me updated on my status. The on-site teams were amazing. They were very respectful and happy to answer any questions. They went above and beyond their scope of work. They took pictures with my phone on the roof during installation, were respectful of our landscaping, and even removed plants that were impeding the installation. They had a very high work ethic and exceeded my expectations. Now are now running a credit every month and I am obsessed with looking the Tesla app on my phone to see how my new battery system is working! Bob King and Semper Solaris are beyond amazing and I have never, ever felt so good about unequivocally giving someone a recommendation! If you have any thoughts of going to solar power – start your journey with Semper Solaris – you will not be sorry!

Velma Clayter Lancaster, CA

It is truly a pleasure for me to acknowledge Semper Solaris. I purchased the Solar System, a new Circuit Breaker & the Tesla back-up Battery. This is a phenomenal Company with outstanding employees. I find the employees to be efficient, dedicated, self-motivated, knowledgeable with excellent follow-up and follow-through-skills Their work ethics, teamwork, and customer service skills are superb. I truly consider it a privilege to have the opportunity to work with Leticia C, Raedene S, Eddie M, Adam Z, and the Jarheads C among others. You can court on Semper Solaris employees to go out of their way to ensure the customer's needs are satisfied without hesitation. I understand excellent service, because I managed the operations of the largest federal court in the nation with an overall staff of 177 employees including 20 management staff. I also worked closely with 12 judges and their chamber staff, setting their calendars, recording hearings and providing transcripts, etc. I felt compelled to recognize this marvelous company with their first-rate employees. I would recommend this company in a heartbeat to anyone. You can always count of having a job well done! V. Clayterz

Vickie L Egeler Camarillo, CA

I heard about Semper Solaris from my daughter. Bob K came out and spent quality time explaining all our roofing options that were available and explained step by step the process from beginning to end. Bob was very helpful with deciding what fit best with our house. Bob also took the time to go over different payment options and help us to get the project funded it was wonderful that we did not have to do any of the leg work for that as he took full control of the loan process . Our project manager, Eddie, was awesome and kept us informed step by step. He came by and checked on his crew throughout the install, He texted when they were starting work every day and called at the end of day to say they were done and to see if there was anything we needed . Our work crew was wonderful. They greeted me every day with a positive attitude and it was our pleasure to see them every morning they were very professional, very informative and always on time.  Their work was excellent the area was keep clean every day the final cleanup was exceptional. Everything was perfect and my roof looks great. I would definitely recommend Semper Solaris and Bob King! thank you for everything you did to make our roofing journey a pleasant experience.

Eric G. Santa Clarita, CA

I heard about Semper Solaris when I did a google search, saw their internet ads and decided to investigate. I have lots of veterans in my family and that appealed to me. I had a decent understanding of the technology prior to meeting with Bob K. Bob was quick to point out the cost/benefits ratio long term. He also helped me understand the medical programs my mom would be eligible to receive. He explained what would work best in my situation and his recommendations were 100% spot on. His advice and knowledge were very beneficial. I didn't feel any pressure. Bob is a good guy and stepped in and helped whenever I needed anything. Both my solar and roofing crews were fantastic and respectful. They made sure they cleaned up nails, even in my neighbor's yard. The work looks fantastic. My system is performing better than my expectations. I'm glad that for the first time in my whole life my mom and I can have the air on without thinking about it! I set the temperature at whatever I want now! I absolutely recommend Bob K and Semper Solaris. I got exactly what I paid for. My warranty is good. There is no downside!

tyler molhook San Diego, CA

I had been considering solar for a long time, but when I got quotes from other companies the math never ended up working out because my electric bill wasn't very high. After a dealing with a couple hot Clairemont summers and a leak in my roof I knew it was time to invest in A/C and a new roof. I reached out to Semper Solaris because I wanted someone that could do it all. Genevieve (my sales rep and primary contact in the project) walked through my options and I was pleasantly surprised the price with including A/C, roof and solar. I knew people that paid about the same amount for just solar. Once I reached out to Genevieve that I wanted to move forward with the project I was sent a bunch of docusigns and the project started in no time. I got A/C installed in about a week and then it took about a month for my roof and solar permits to get approved. I started my project in April and I had A/C new roof and solar well before June. Definitely exceeded my expectations considering I couldn't even get a roofing company to get me a bid for months. I even changed my roof color the day before my roof got installed. I had the team scramble to find the new color and they came through! I'm so happy they did, the solar panels blend in with the darker roof color just like I wanted. Now I just can't wait for this may gray to burn off so I can start cranking my A/C for pennies!

Bennydub9 CA

After shopping around with several Solar Companies we decided that Semper Solaris was the best fit. We’re so thankful we went that route because the process was so efficient. Semper Solaris offered the most competitive pricing with incredible financing options. Our rep was Joshua D. and we were very impressed with his high level of service and excellent communication throughout the entire process. Joshua walked us through the different options and helped us understand our energy needs. He also coordinated the perfect financing terms for us. Joshua was always available to answer any questions we had and he kept us informed every step of the way. Our system is now up and running and it’s nice to no longer have an electric bill. I would highly recommended Semper Solaris and hopefully you’re lucky enough to get Joshua CG as your rep.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Ben, thank you so much for sharing your positive Semper Solaris experience! We're thrilled that Josh was able to help you find the perfect pricing and financing option and also provided excellent service and communication throughout your project. Congratulations on adding a solar panel system to your home and cutting down that electricity bill! We always appreciate your support and recommendations. Thanks again!

May. 13th, 2021

maurice nolet Roseville, CA

I heard about Semper Solaris years ago from a friend . My salesman, Bob K., was great. He was very personable and accommodating. Bob fully explained the product and my options, as well as payment options. My crew did a really great job. They had to redo the roof in order to offer the warranty, and while doing so there were areas on the back patio that got tar stains. My crew cleaned and power washed the tar stains and left my patio looking better than it did before. My system is working great and I would do it over and over again! Recently, Sunpower proactively called me to upgrade everything that was under warranty at no cost to me. That was a nice unexpected surprise! It raises the value of my home and saves me a considerable amount of money every year. I anticipate more savings in the years to come with the continually rising cost of power. I would recommend Semper Solaris and Bob K. to anyone looking to install solar. . . and I have! I would never recommend anything I didn't believe in and I definitely believe in this product. Bob is an excellent salesman!

Mike Mike Scottsdale, AZ

Just an update on my solar installation from a couple of years back when we first had it installed. One of the best decisions ever made to use Semper Solaris & Bob K. to complete our transaction. It works great 5 years on and based on discussions with Bob, decided on a situation that would end up with a break even or sometimes a surplus each year. Our Summer electric bills went from 650/month (300/winter) down to $10 per month. Three out of the five years we received a check back for surplus sold back to the electric company. The reason for the 10$ per month is the electric co. has a "minimum" bill amount to cover billing and processing, hey, its no problem going from $4500 - $5500 per year for electricity down to 100$. We are about 9 months from completely covering the cost of the installation and panels and we will never have a cost increase based on rates going higher. We wash the panels 2x a year with soft water. Purchased a portable unit specifically for cleaning them and I would highly recommend a soft water unit rather than just spraying them. I have no issue going onto the roof to complete the work, but there are numerous services that will clean them for you. The house is in Palm Springs, so it does get dusty and cleaning them make them operate better saving us more money. Contact Bob at Semper, had a great experience from start to finish.

Dawn Carifi ,

I heard about Semper Solaris from my Fire Captain and I liked the first responder discount they offer. I don't have time to sit and interview a lot of people and Bob K. from Semper Solaris was the first sales person I met with. He was super mellow and chill. He explained everything about solar panels and Tesla powerwall batteries and gave me different options. Bob made everything very easy to understand. My crew was great and my system is operating really well. I love using the Tesla app to track my energy usage. I am very happy about my choice to get solar panels. I am looking forward to the summer when my bill will be very low. I strongly recommend Semper Solaris and Bob K.! -Dawn

ANISSA BURNS El Cajon, CA

Genevieve J, Veronica, Mark, Vinny, Cesar...Best, most friendly, courteous, respectful team ever. My install was smooth and fast. Genevieve J sold us our system when she was trying to enjoy a quick birthday vacation... returning calls, emails and advice...especially when it came to our attention the system we already had installed when we purchased our forever home would not cover our electric usage. Semper Solaris goes above and beyond and John the owner has the best and most qualified people working for him. Every license covered. No need to worry with their install and service. Can't wait to see that electric bill disappear forever. Thank you all for the exemplary product, service, and care. MAHALO!

Lorrbal Sacramento, CA

Everyone was asking why I was getting these things and did i really need to spend money on that! Now they call me in an outage and tell me they don't have power and I laugh, "sorry, what do you want me to do about it???!!! Semper Solaris installed my solar in 2018 before my husband died. Now I live hear by myself and if the power goes out not only do I not know how to hook up a generator, I don't even know where it is! Even if i did know I would have to be putting gas and I can barely walk. I called Semper Solaris and told them what can they do for me. They sent this nice young lady. Her name is Raedene S. Everyone calls her Rae like on Star Wars and she was wonderful in explaining how all this stuff works and she taught me about the Tesla Powerwall battery. The guys that put it in were courteous and did a nice job.

Andrew Horwitz San Francisco, CA

Stay away and use another solar company. Semper Solaris is dishonorable and misrepresents their services. There was so many issues with our installation that I requested a small 5% discount/reduction for all the misrepresentations and inconveniences. They choose to battle me over email and voicemails left at 7AM or on weekends over multiple months. Their communication was horrific. They just ask for money vs. trying to solve a problem or even apologize. They have not agreed to any resolution except to threaten me. They do not care about customer service or satisfaction. There are many solar installation companies, don't use Semper you will be much happier. Here are the details. First they promised to install by the end of Dec, but then delayed until March, then April. We locked in a good week when the kids didn't have school some days. We made our work schedules light because we expected power disruptions and banging on the roof. The installation took 6 days vs. 2 days promised due to their teams working short hours, 4-5 hours and not having full teams show up together. Even worse it was not 6 consecutive days but spread out over 4 weeks. They had to turn off our power most of those days creating many issues as we worked from home and had kids in school via Zoom. Additionally, they had told us they could install the equipment on the side of our house, but when they came to install it was physically impossible and thus they had to install on the back of our house, not hidden and creating an eyesore. Had we know this, we would have made a very different decision and not purchased the Powerwall. See pictures to see the promise vs. reality. Also note how many boxes are needed, I have not seen that at our friend's house who have solar. Their installers were polite, the problem was always with Headquarters which is likely not local. I strongly recommend avoiding any Semper Solaris franchise because they all connect to the back-end HQ which doesn't care about its customers or local providers.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Good afternoon, Andrew. We hold our teams to the highest levels of honesty, integrity, and customer communication. We would like to look into your experience and see where we failed to meet these standards and how we can make things right. Our team will be in contact with you to discuss your project further.

Oct. 4th, 2021

Robin Holst Alpine, CA

Michael G. was our contact person for our Tesla battery install and we can't say enough good things about how he and Semper Solaris took care of handling everything. We are so happy to not have to worry about our power going out and not having electricity. Now we have solar and battery back up to take care of our electrical needs. Thank you Michael and Semper Solaris for a great job!!

Clark Carlton Los Angeles, CA

Five years later and our panels are working great! The installation by this company was very professional and headed up by Bob K. We were so grateful to find these guys because we tried company after company to install a system on our flat roof with a "spider": a system of outdoor ducts that had to be worked around. Only Semper Solaris said they could do the job and they came up with an array tailored for our particular roof. We no longer fear opening our electrical bill and the system has already paid for itself.

Ange Corona, CA

Genevieve was great! From the initial meeting she provided unbiased factual information on options, costs, financing and timeline. She didn’t try to push me to choose Semper Solaris, she just gave me facts which I researched myself. The fact that she was honest about not being the “cheapest” definitely meant a lot. The entire team though, great people, very professional and communicative

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you for this great review, Ange! We appreciate you complimenting Genevieve on her knowledgeable, upfront, and honest solar consultation. We know shopping around for solar can be a bit intimidating, and we're thrilled that you felt so comfortable and confident with Genevieve. We will be sure to pass your kind words on to the team.

Mar. 12th, 2021

Steve Simi Valley, CA

Great company to work with. No push sales tactics. Our sales rep, Bob was very honest and great with follow ups. The installation was quick and smooth. Everyone showed up when they said they would. They were diligent with follow ups and taking care of any issues. My bill went from $350/mo to $2/mo. I have no regrets going with this company. Highly recommend.

Gregory Smith San Diego, CA

We recommend Semper Solaris because they are veteran friendly and employ mostly veteran associated personnel. They had the right price and explained everything with no pressure to buy. I am a disabled Veteran and my wife is a 24/7 caregiver. The sales person explained in detail so both of us understood the process and the timing involved. Everyone that worked on our installation was timely, informative and like family – the good kind! Our timing was at the end of 2019 where everyone was trying to capture Tax credits. The communication was a bit slow in the beginning but Semper hired a delightful person that quickly eliminated that problem. We liked their placement of the panels showing nothing from the street view. Theft is on the rise in our area. Installing solar is a very complex procedure getting permits from HOA, SDGE and inspections but Semper Solaris emailed with visuals showing us each step and who, what, when, and where they were in the process and making sure it was hooked up to our Wi-Fi. It’s nice to be able to touch my phone app and see how the system is doing and producing. We even got a call from Semper Solaris a month after installation saying there was an issue with a panel and they scheduled another nice person to come and fix the issue at no cost. The company was above and beyond for this veteran and his wife.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Gregory, thank you so much for sharing your Semper Solaris experience with this thoughtful review! We also want to thank both you and your wife for your service and sacrifice for our country. We aim to honor our veterans by providing a work environment that allows them to shine and it sounds like our team did just that. We know going solar can be a bit complex and we're happy to hear that our consultant and project manager made it easy to navigate and get the permits, applications, and inspections handled for you. We also love that you're enjoying the monitoring app on your phone as it's a great tool to keep an eye on your system's health and solar production. Thank you again for your support and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Nov. 25th, 2020

Jennipher Lorber San Marcos, CA

I received several quotes from several companies. I was lucky enough to meet with Genevieve J with Semper and I'm so glad I did! She was so incredibly knowledgeable. She was not a pushy sales woman but more of an educator. She honestly just wanted us to know everything possible to make an educated decision from there whether that was with Semper or not. The company we were originally going for was cheaper but encouraged us to install fewer panels. Genevieve was more expensive but educated us on why the additional panels were necessary. Now we are one year later and let me tell you... Genevieve was SPOT ON with her calculations! We settled up at the end of the year with the power company and we only owed $70. INCREDIBLY accurate! Had we gone with the other company, we would have owed several hundred dollars! Semper isn't necessarily the cheapest but I truly believe you get what you pay for. Their products are top notch and their customer service is wonderful from Veronica to Vinny. Do yourself a favor and go with Semper. We have had ZERO problems. 5 stars all the way! Thank you.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Jennipher, we appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris out of all the solar companies you met with. Genevieve is great at explaining the benefits and inner workings of solar and helping each customer find a solar panel system that will work specifically for your home and energy needs. We may not be the cheapest option, but we are proud to offer top-of-the-line, American-made equipment, and take care of our customers. We're so happy to hear that your true up energy bill for the entire year was only $70, that's fantastic! Here's to many more years of reduced energy costs and freedom from SDG&E!

Oct. 20th, 2020

MikeC San Diego, CA

We had been thinking about getting solar for some time and finally decided to take the plunge. It did not hurt that we will be getting a tax credit as well! The entire process from start to finish was phenomenal! Genevieve, who was the sales person, was always prompt, friendly and very knowledgeable about the company and the product. She always, and I mean always, replied to our emails and answered all of our questions. Once we signed, the team at Semper Solaris were always communicating and providing status as to what was going to happen next and when. A big thanks to Veronica and Vinny, Cesar, Mark. They are awesome. It was just a pleasant experience from start to end. The actual solar installation took one day! The only lengthy wait we had was SDGE which is out of the hands of any solar company and the customer. Overall, excellent customer service to everyone we interacted with, especially Genevieve and Billie! Thank you. We are now enjoying our solar system!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Mike, thank you so much for this stellar review! We're pleased to hear that Genevieve provided an excellent consultation, was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and was able to answer ALL of your questions regarding your solar energy system and installation. We're proud of our whole team, Genevieve, Billie, Veronica, Vinny, Cesar, Mark and everyone who worked on your project and helped you make the jump to solar so you could start saving money and helping the environment at the same time. Here's to a long future of solar production and reduced dependency on your utility company!

Oct. 16th, 2020

Chris Golden Carlsbad, CA

To whom it may concern, Semper Solaris recently completed a Solar/HVAC Project at my home at the end of July 2020. I wanted to take a few moments to comment on my experience with Semper Solaris. Please ensure the Owner, Kelly, receives this feedback. Background: I took about two months researching solar options and educating myself about solar. I also got formal quotes from three separate solar companies (one of which was Semper). I am a Quality Assurance Engineer by training and like most engineers we like to understand how things work allowing us to make informed decisions. My first contact with Semper Solaris was with Rhami H in Sales. In a word Rhami was “outstanding!” He was extremely patient with my endless barrage of questions. He was always polite and courteous. And most importantly he was always available throughout all phases of the Solar/HVAC project. I have seen other folks in Sales in other industries who seem to disappear after a contract is signed. This was not the case with Rhami. Not only would Rhami always respond to my inquiries but he would do so typically within minutes. This level of customer service and dedication is not the norm in my experience and Rhami makes an exemplary front man for Semper Solaris. I was astounded how fast the solar crew installed my (11) panels. Granted there were about five guys who showed up at my house but each was completely clear on what their responsibilities were and went right to it. Forgive me as I do not recall the foreman’s name but he was a complete professional. He took his time to carefully answer the questions I had for him (and I had many). After the installation was complete he spent some time explaining how the system works and went over the system operation. In addition, I had the pleasure of meeting Mark K who personally came out to my house to ensure I was completely satisfied with the solar installation. Mark also spent some time with me explaining how the system works and went over its proper operation. Next was the HVAC project. I was extremely pleased with Mack and Stephen who installed the system. Mack was really impressive on his knowledge of the A/C and Heater. Like the other folks at Semper I had plenty of questions for Mack. He would stop what he was doing to give me his complete attention and thoughtfully answer my questions. A complete professional despite his young age. My wife and I have done many home improvement projects over the last 7 years or so. These included a major kitchen renovation, installed all new sliding doors and windows, a major backyard renovation, followed by the most recent Solar/HVAC project. I can honestly say with absolutely no reservations that Semper Solaris was head and shoulders above all these other contractors. From the responsive, courteous staff to the outstanding workmanship and professionalism. Even both City Inspectors who signed off on the Solar and HVAC projects independently commented on how Semper Solaris’s workmanship is the best they ever see. They even complimented me and my wife for choosing Semper Solaris. Finally, as a US Navy veteran I was naturally drawn to giving Semper Solaris a hard look when selecting a contractor for our project. Your television commercials do in fact live up to the hype. Absolutely outstanding! Thank-you Kelly for your dedication to excellence. You should be extremely proud of your employees and the work they do.

Kyle Burson Oceanside, CA

Semper Solaris – Michael G and his amazing team of professionals - our lifeline! Moving to a 2-story home, 3x larger than the condo we moved from, a pool and spa in the back yard – and utility bills skyrocketing - we quickly realized Solar was essential. Based on research, we selected three companies to interview, and Semper Solaris was clearly so far superior to the others that there was no choice to be made. From the moment Michael G arrived for our appointment, the rest was flawless. Michael had already done extensive research on our property, had our solar plan designed, and opened his computer and walked us through the education we needed to make the decision easy. True to its Mission Statement, Semper Solaris is a company who exemplifies honesty, high integrity, and is dedicated to what is best for its customers; no oversell, no undersell but simply what is needed for maximum solar efficiency. Further, the entire installation project, working with a team of dedicated experts, was seamless, flowed smoothly, and was completed, inspected, and approved in a few short weeks. We are very grateful to the whole Semper Solaris team!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Kyle, thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for complimenting Michael and the whole team! We aim for the best and hold our team to our high standards of honesty and integrity, and as you said, we're dedicated to designing a solar energy system that is best for our customers. We know that when upsizing from a condo to a house with a pool and spa, the energy costs can be a huge shock, and we're elated that we could help design a solar panel system to fit your energy needs and budget. Please know that we are here for any questions or system needs that arise in the future. Congratulations on going solar and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Jun. 15th, 2020

Matthew Brink Las Vegas, NV

Stop looking now.. Semper Solaris is the company to install your solar! After some extensive research and a horrific experience with another company in the past, I was very hesitant to trust a solar company again. I chose Semper Solaris because they were a military-affiliated company. Best decision I ever made! From a very professional & zero pressure sit down discussion with consultant Rhami H (needs a raise or promotion) to the team who installed our panels & equipment to the inspectors, nothing but extremely professional and efficient service! I review a lot of feedback on companies before I hire anyone. I knew I could trust this company based on their military affiliation-did not dissapoint at all! Thank you Semper team for reinstating my trust & confidence again & representing what our military stands for; honesty, integrity & results! Start to finish took less than 2 months to officially get our PTO! Very impressed! The Brink Family

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you for this amazing review, Matthew! We appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris because of our military background and are proud to hear that our team performed, with honesty, integrity, and top-quality results. We're thrilled to hear that Rhami and the team reinstated your trust and confidence in solar companies and also home improvement contractors. Here's to a bright future filled with energy production and savings!

Jun. 16th, 2020

John E Evans Oceanside, CA

Michael G was our rep and was very informative, helpful. First- the process took about 8+ weeks, which seems very good. Princess E is very responsive and very helpful. She either answered my question or found the person who could. She was the highlight of the process. Billie J was helpful. Her voice mail was full one time. But every time Princess referred my email to Billie, Billie answered promptly. The installation went well. The city building inspection had to be rescheduled when your company rep missed the city inspector the first time which delayed the process 3-4 days. Of course, the 8AM-12PM time frame SDG&E required makes it difficult for your company. The city forwarded the paperwork to SDG&E quickly and SDG&E approved the PTO quickly. So far, the process has been very good. I just need to see the panels work and produce enough energy for our uses but that will take a couple of months. I realize I new very little about solar energy. I am now anxious to see it work! Thank you very much. I have had the system over two months and has worked well, no electric bills from SDG&E. I will refer everyone to Mike.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi John, thank you so much for writing this awesome review, and sharing your experience throughout your solar installation! We're happy to hear that our team shared their solar knowledge, installed your solar energy system in a timely fashion, and also answered your questions and kept you up to date during your project. There can be many moving hands on a project including ourselves, the city, and SDG&E, and we thank you for understanding the scheduling hiccup. We know you are going to love seeing your system operate, produce energy, and save you lots of money for a very long time. We really appreciate you complimenting Michael, Princess, and Billie, and we will surely pass them along to the team. Thanks again John!

Apr. 3rd, 2020

Charles Brown La Jolla, CA

I recommend using Semper Solaris for your solar system. I was very happy with their entire process. They do a quality job for a reasonable price. I was referred to sales rep Gavin Pringle by a friend who was very happy with her solar system as well as her roof replacement. Gavin presented his recommendation for my system design based on my prior electrical usage. He offered several alternative systems I could chose from, but no high pressure to pick the most expensive. Then he included several discounts that brought the cost per watt for the system after rebates and tax credits down to $2.33/watt. This was less than SunRun or Costco. And was for the Panasonic 330 panels. So I signed the contract. However, my installation was a little different as I was just starting a major remodel and couldn’t install the panels for another 8 months until the new roof was installed. I wanted them to prewire the conduit for the connection from panels to inverter in the attic space before drywall was installed. Also I wanted the inverter in the garage. And I wanted the ethernet connection to be hard wired not wifi for better reliability. After talking with Mike and Mark, they were able to all of that on my schedule. After my drywall was installed and the roof installed, they came out a second time to install the panels and hook up the system. All done very professionally. Within a few days I received permission from SDGE to operate the system and it has been working well. Gavin followed up on making sure my friend received her referral fee, and that I received my Panasonic rebate. So Semper Solaris did what they promised, were easy to contact with questions, met my scheduling needs, and did a professional installation. I am very happy I went with them.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, thank you for this awesome review, Charles! We're thrilled to hear that Gavin was able to share his solar knowledge, show you the best solar system options, and design a solar energy system that works specifically for your home and energy needs. Our team works really hard to accommodate our customer's scheduling and special requests, and we couldn't be happier knowing that Mike and Mark worked with your renovation timeline, installed the conduit inside the walls, placed the inverter in your garage, and hardwired the monitoring module. We hope you enjoy your newly remodeled home, your new solar panel system, and all the energy savings that come along with it. Congratulations on going solar with Semper Solaris!

Dec. 20th, 2019

Robert F. Chula Vista, CA

We looked around and we asked a couple people who had solar, and our son had his solar installed with Semper Solaris and he really loved his system. The installer, Chad and the team, were easy to talk to, very nice, and explained everything quite well. They color matched the conduit, and were very helpful. Billie J was really good at answering our phone calls. We really liked the after-installation support as well, they have been great. Courtney was extremely helpful and very patient, and gave us a great explanation of monitoring. We are a little bit picky, and we are very happy with our solar. Oh yeah, we would definitely recommend Semper Solaris to everyone.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Robert! We're elated to hear that all of our team members, Chad and his crew, Billie, and Courtney, the whole Semper team, were all so helpful throughout your solar project. It truly is a team effort and we're happy that our team impressed you with their communication, knowledge, and attention to detail. Wishing you many many years of solar production and energy savings. Congratulations on going solar and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Aug. 16th, 2019

Steve B Oceanside, CA

Wow!!! I had eight bids and Semper Solaris got my vote (fyi, I had to replace my roof too). I rated price, quality of panels and sales tactics. Semper Solaris had the best pricing on a 4.6 KW system, the Panasonic panels are made in Buffalo, NY and Mike W was honest and never pressured me in buying from them. I did six months of research on what I needed using resources such as Energy Sage and other tools. Without a doubt I would recommend any of my friends and family to give Mike W. a call. My neighbor had the same experience and just got his panels up and running. As for my experience from the company. Every person from the roofing crew, the panel crew and office team was exceptional. Their roofers were clean, reliable and hard working. The panel crew was the same and walked me through each phase of their work. The office crew was the epitome of customer service.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you so much for this awesome review, Steve! We're so thankful that you chose to go with Semper Solaris over all the other solar and roofing companies that you met with. We aim to provide a pressure-free consultation and hands-off installation process for our customers. We're thrilled to hear that all of our team members, from office to roofing to solar, treated you with exceptional service and walked you through the process step by step. We know you're going to enjoy all the energy savings from your new solar panels and the safety and security of your new roof. Thanks again for the recommendations, and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Aug. 1st, 2019

Rick Abend

I was referred to Semper Solaris by a coworker about two years ago. Yes. It took me two years to make my decision as to which company I was going to go with. I explored the ones you see at Costco, Home Depot and Lowe’s; however, there was just something about them that didn’t sit right with me. Being a veteran myself, I try to support veteran owned businesses. I decided to give Semper Solaris a shot at he job. I contacted Genevieve from Semper Solaris and let her know my situation and my concerns. She explained EVERYTHING ( lease vs purchase, true up billing, upgrade options, financing, and any other questions and concerns I had ). Response time from Genevieve was either immediate or within an hour. Now at ease and fully understanding what the process was, we felt comfortable enough to make the leap to solar with Semper Solaris. There was absolutely no pressure for add ons like Tesla wall or other things. I had to send in my past SDG&E bills which conservatively run around $300 to $500 ( pool/electric spa and an air conditioning unit that we rarely run because it is so expensive. They could personalize a system for us. We got 32 (300W) solar panels and an upgraded power panel/circuit breaker box as our place was built in late 60’s. Genevieve, Veronica, Vinny, Billie, and Matthew all worked together to submit city permits, liaison with SDG&E and scheduling installation and inspections. I don’t know the names of the installers, but they were punctual, clean, profession, courteous and answered all my questions in layman’s terms. It took them about a day and a half to put up the panels and another 6 hours to upgrade my circuit panel. For us, from the time we agreed to put in solar to the time we were fully up and running was about one month. Billie and Genevieve were exceptional helpful with sending me follow up emails to make sure everything was working well and they also walked me through the Solar Edge app which lets you see how much power you are generating. I have been running my air conditioning at 70° this entire billing cycle, cranked the spa to 104° and running the pool pump about 7 hours a day just to see what the bill would be. Ended up being $42.17. WOW !!! I had heard so many horror stories from friend about other solar companies and now I just tell them they should have gone with Semper Solaris 🇺🇸. Top Notch company. Thank You again for everything.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Rick, thank you so much for taking the time to share your solar story and writing this wonderful review! Of course, we always love hearing great feedback from our customers, and we're thrilled that you had such an exceptional solar experience with our team. Billie, Genevieve, Veronica, Vinny, Matthew and the rest of the crew are all valued members of our Semper Solaris family and we appreciate you acknowledging each of them for their contribution to the success of your solar project. Here's to many many years of using your pool pump, spa heater, and air conditioner as much as you'd like, all year long. We're happy to be the company to help you get freedom from your utility company. Congratulations on going solar!

Aug. 1st, 2019

S. Steingraber Borrego Springs, CA

Best decision we ever made was to go Solar and Semper Solaris was our choice of companies to install it. Seamless from start to finish, every aspect was done in-house, no second or third parties to deal with. They always keep you apprised of the sequence of work or what will happen next. There were some minor issues along the way but everything got resolved, we still give them 5 stars, nothing is perfect. We have had credit on our electric bill for the last 5 months and we live in the desert! Don’t wait or be afraid of the investment, this investment will pay for itself. Can’t say that about buying a new car. Sold on Solar in Borrego Springs. Thanks Semper Solaris, you guys are the best of the best. Scott and Deb S.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review, Scott and Deb! We are grateful that you chose Semper Solaris to do your solar panel install, and appreciate that you worked with us throughout the whole process. Unfortunately things can come up, and we're glad that you were understanding in that all things are not perfect. We're thrilled to hear that you're earning credits on your utility bill, during these hot summer months, using the AC as much as you'd like. Congratulations on going solar, here's to many more years of energy savings!

Jul. 22nd, 2019

Scott P Lancaster, CA

Our home inspector recommended Semper Solaris since they did his home. We met with Bob K who got us all set up. We were in the middle of a refi and Semper kept up with us and waited until we were ready to move forward. That was huge. It was a flawless install – they explained what each step was throughout the process. Semper kept us apprised of all the inspections and handled all of it. Now that our system is turned on we’ve seen savings and love having the freedom to use energy the way we want to – we like it colder especially in the summertime! Highly recommend working with Semper Solaris and Bob K for all your solar needs

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow Scott, thank you so much for this amazing review! We're proud to have Bob on our Semper Solaris team and are glad to hear that he and our team explained what to expect throughout the solar project and were able to work with your refi schedule to make the process go smoothly. We know you're going to enjoy the freedom to use electricity how you want to and also all the savings that your new solar energy system brings. Congratulations on going solar with Semper Solaris!

Jul. 8th, 2019

Sean H. San Marcos, CA

I looked at several companies for solar before going with Semper Solaris. Gavin came out and was great at providing an overview of their product and how the system would work. The project manager (Mark) and installer (Mike) were amazing. They communicated with me all the way through the process. They shared tips on the system and completed the job in less time than I expected. I saw an immediate difference in my SDGE bill after the first cycle. Semper even did a final walk through (thanks Courtney) to show me more about the system and monitoring app. Thanks for the great service. I'd highly recommend.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, thanks you for taking the time to write this amazing review, Sean! We're pretty proud of our team here at Semper Solaris, and we are thrilled to hear that Gavin, Mark, Mike, and Courtney took such great care with you and your home, throughout the whole installation process. We want each and every customer to know that you are valued and that we truly appreciate your business. We're also very happy to help you switch to solar, and get freedom from SDGE and their costly energy bills. We know you'll enjoy those energy bill savings for a long time to come. Welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

May. 24th, 2019

Andrew Huston Oceanside, CA

Fantastic! Our project was done excellently with the help of Rhami our sales rep & the great crews of Semper Solaris. My 50 yr roof looks great, Night Sky black shingles and white fascia with white gutters. My neighbor stopped by to give me compliments. My Panasonic system came with the best warranties and the SolarEdge per panel monitoring was far superior to Sunpower’s monitoring which does not allow for per panel. Vincent & Veronica kept me up to date and were very helpful in answering all my questions. Rhami was responsive through out and set my expectations properly and I highly recommend this company!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thanks for this awesome review, Andrew! We're thrilled to hear that Rhami, Vincent, and Veronica took such great care of you. We know you're going to enjoy your sleek new roof, fascia, gutters, and especially your shiny new Panasonic solar panels and Solar Edge inverter and monitoring. It's so handy to see each panel's production and the playback feature for each day or week. Congratulations on making the big decision to go solar!

May. 6th, 2019

Chloe Henderson, NV

We had a great experience working with Semper Solaris!! Genevieve was great to work with. We were referred to her by our co-worker. Is was friendly and answered all of questions through the process, she really knows her stuff. Most on home sales presentations are high pressure and this wasn’t like this at all. Love that they are military owned and operated since almost all the mean in our family are military. Love the way they installed my families system. I’ve seen a lot of other panels sitting really high off the roof where ours look super sleek! The project moved faster than expected. We were installed and turned on within 8 days!!! The guys were super friendly who installed the system and cleaned up after they were done. We’ve already referred our neighbors who signed a contract last week!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Chloe, thank you for this awesome review! Please thank your whole family for your service and sacrifice. We are always honored to provide services for those who have served our country. We're also pleased to hear that Genevieve was able to provide a knowledgeable and pressure-free consultation, and she and the team made your installation process a breeze. Thank you for the recommendations, we know you will all enjoy your solar energy systems and utility bill savings for a long long time. Congratulations on going solar!

May. 6th, 2019