Founded in 2012 by former United States Marine Kelly Shawhan and construction specialist John Almond, Semper Solaris is a solar energy contractor and residential roofing company based in San Diego, California, that has created a niche by hiring ex-Marines and US military members.

The solar installation company boasts that it is "locally and veteran owned and uses products designed in America," and it can perform any necessary roof repairs or even put on a whole new energy efficient roof replacement. In addition to solar panels, Semper Solaris also offers battery backup options for solar energy systems, including the Tesla Powerwall.

The solar power company currently serves Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County, Palm Springs, Laguna Hills, El Cajon, the Inland Empire, and the Bay Area of California. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Semper Solaris Reviews from real customers.

#1 SunPower chevron_right
#2 Zenernet chevron_right
#3 Sol-Up chevron_right
4.9

The Good

• High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Veteran Owned Solar and Roofing Company
  • Four-Time Top 500 Solar Contractor

High Quality Solar Equipment

Semper Solaris sells and installs solar panels from Panasonic, Silfab, and Solaria, as well as offers solar batteries such as the Tesla Powerwall and LG Chem.

Veteran Owned Solar and Roofing Company

Semper Solaris hopes to ensure a set of values by supporting military and local businesses. Headquartered in San Diego, a city full of military members and their families, this may offer a unique appeal for potential customers. In addition to solar installation services, Semper Solaris is also a roofing contractor, which should instill confidence in customers that the company knows what it is doing when it comes to the construction side of things. In fact, the company has partnered with Owens Corning and is one of the few Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractors nationwide for all roofing projects. Additionally, if a customer needs to have their roof replaced before the solar panel installation, Semper Solaris can take care of it all in house, which is a benefit few solar energy installers can provide.

Four-Time Top 500 Solar Contractor

Per Solar Power World Magazine, the Semper Solaris Family has earned top-500 status in 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018 and has installed more than 93,000 kiloWatts of clean energy, an impressive amount of work since its founding in 2012. This kind of recognition is significant, as it demonstrates the company's commitment to install quality solar energy systems, and help as many people as possible save on their electric bill.

The Bad

• Little Information Available on Website
  • Limited Time in Business
  • No Solar Lease or PPA

Little Information Available on Website

As with almost every solar installer in the industry, detailed information about pricing is not available on Semper Solaris's website; prospective solar customers have to perform additional work to find the information they're looking for. Interested consumers are encouraged to reach out to a customer service or sales rep or from the company for more information on the entire process.

Limited Time in Business

Semper Solaris was founded in 2012, which is a relatively short time in business when compared to other leading solar companies with a sometimes decades-long track record of quality work.

No Solar Lease or PPA

While Semper Solaris does provide outright purchase and financing options like a solar loan to help the customer pay for his or her solar project, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements (PPA). Although these latter two options preclude the customer from taking advantage of solar incentives and the federal tax credit, they significantly reduce the upfront and ongoing costs of going solar while still meeting the customer's energy needs.

The Bottom Line

Semper Solaris is a veteran owned roofing contractor and renewable energy company that has been in business since 2012 and has created a positive reputation among customers from San Diego County to San Jose, California. With new solar installation companies cropping up all the time, Semper Solaris has established a niche by emphasizing itself as a true American solar company with a proven work ethic. Semper Solaris offers high quality solar panels and battery storage options for every solar installation, but does not provide a company app to monitor energy production, energy savings, or power usage.

View Best Solar Companies

Olga Valladares

December 29th, 2020 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buyer beware! This company is not up front with you! Read any details and documentation provided! At first we thought going with a former military company would b giving back to our country as a federal worker of 38+ years, this company is not it! When first talking to the sales rep, we couldn’t get a straight answer for how many panels we should go with. The sales rep lived in Sacramento and did all the drawings and projections over the phone. . After we settled on 20 panels and a price over 25k, we then financed with Sempre Solaris company of choice Wheelhouse credit Union. I was told I “had “ to finance with one of the 80 companies Semper Solaris used. Yes, they use 80 different companies to finance with. There is no 12/18 month interest free nothing to incentivize the consumer. We went with wheelhouse to find out a lien was put on our property! Wheelhouse will not disclose this information verbally. You have to read the fine print. As soon as we found out we paid the entire loan in cash! And now have to wait up to 30 days to have the lien removed from our home! Be careful and do your homework when working with these two companies. If it doesn’t feel right, there is something shady going on. Please do not contact me Sempre Solaris. I called your office multiple times to no avail. I am not seeking anything other than sharing information for consumers to ask questions up front and for legal loan sharks to be up front when acting like they are doing the consumer, a favor, and don’t realize you just signed collateral to your home off and didn’t even know it, until you read the entire loan document, where it is not clear until you call and ask them what a UCC -1 is! So disappointed

Dec 31, 2020

Hi Olga, we appreciate you sharing your experience. We hold our military values of honesty, integrity, and respect in high regard and aim to provide each customer with a positive experience and top-quality installation. We use a number of financing companies so people with all types of credit and backgrounds have an opportunity to realize their solar dreams. We do want you to feel confident in your choosing Semper Solaris and know that we will stand behind our work and warranties for the life of your solar energy system. Please feel free to call our team at (888) 210-3366 if you should ever need anything. Warmest regards.

ANDREW MCTIGUE

December 22nd, 2020 Irvine, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Semper Solaris, roofing and solar. Well not so fast. 1. All sub contractors 2. payment up front 3..Roofing guys come out, measure and never inspected the Sky light. The Skylight is the reason for the new roof, it leaks. 4. Old roof removal, with no mention to anyone that the skylight is built into the roof. 5 .new roof is installed, no skylight. "would you like to order one now?" um yes for the second time. 6. weeks later skylight arrives and a guy weighing in at 125lbs has my slight to go on the 2 story house. He enlists the help of the pool guy, (Yes I was having my pool cleaned) to get this skylight on the roof. It must weigh 100 pounds. The skylight almost falls off the roof. I have videos. 7. Roof guy can't do the install. 8. Next day, a new guy shows up, can't do the install, it'd not a 20 minute job. Someone will be out on Monday to install. 9. I called and texted a message to the supervisor on Monday, it is now Tuesday after 3, with no response. 10. Semper Solaris sold my name and number to a tax preparer, that called the day Solar was completed.

Dec 23, 2020

Hi Andrew, we hold all of our team members to very high standards of honesty, integrity, and quality installations and communications, whether they are in-house or installation partners. It sounds like we did not meet those standards on your project and we will be investigating further. Also, we want to assure you that we do not share nor sell customer information to anyone, ever. The utility company, city building department, and financing company also have installation information as well. We promise that your information is used for your account purposes only, and nothing else. Our team will be reaching out to you shortly to discuss the next steps in your project so you can start enjoying your solar, new roof, and skylight again.

Charles Scott

December 22nd, 2020 Martinez, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We already had solar panels but we wanted a Tesla powerwall for backup . We made the mistake of deciding on Semper Solaris . At first everything went well . We got financing through a credit union they set up for us , Great interest rate no problem there . Then on a Saturday morning my wife got a text that they were coming to install our battery and they would need a check for 9 thousand dollars . When they got here I informed them that they had already been paid . At that point they said they would get it straightened out and be back in a couple of days to install our battery . Over a week went by and no call no nothing . So I called . Explained the situation . I was told they would get back to me the next day . Nothing . A another week went by and I called again . I was told they would get right back to me . Again nothing . I was furious . So I shared my experience in a review and low and behold I received a call the very next day by a very apologetic young lady . She said the earliest they could install was the 21st of December . Then she asked me if I would please remove the review , I told her I would when the job was done . Well I made the mistake of removing the review a day early . Well yesterday I got a call saying their installer had called in sick and they couldn't come out till Saturday . When I told them that wasn't acceptable I got an oh gee we're sorry but that's the best we can do . What I find interesting is that when they thought they were going to get a extra $9,000 from me they sent a crew of 3 out to install . If it wasn't for the fact that they have already received payment from the finance company I would certainly go elsewhere .

Dec 23, 2020

Good afternoon Charles, we appreciate you reaching out and sharing your experience. We hold our teams to the highest standards and want to be sure that you get the best service possible. We do hope you can understand why sending a crew member who is sick to your home during a pandemic was not an option. The safety of our customers and our employees is of great importance, especially during the covid pandemic. It looks like we were able to expedite your installation and get a team out to install your system today. We've relayed your review and your concerns to Rebecca and the team and will have her contact you shortly. Wishing you all the best.

Louie Anaya

December 19th, 2020 San Jose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A complete nightmare! I now have a lean on my home, may not be eligible for the 26% tax credit because I get a rebate at the end of the year and am going to be paying a solar bill and pg&e bill until my system can go online. Not the way I wanted to start my new year. Learn from my expensive mistake and don't put your family in jeopardy with these people. Dirty rotten slimy weezles.

Dec 23, 2020

Hi Louie, the terms of the SGIP rebate are set by the state of California, not by Semper Solaris. If certain SGIP rebates are chosen, it may affect the eligibility to take the ITC federal tax credit as well. Also, every utility customer is responsible to pay their electric bill leading up to installation and Permission to Operate from the utility company, and will continue to be responsible for the true-up bill at the end of their true-up year. We would like to discuss your project and terms, help clarify any misunderstandings, and also get you prepared for your future with a solar energy system. Our team will be contacting you to go over the details. Wishing you all the best.

Garret Douglas

December 17th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had our solar panels installed in February and from our very first meeting with Mark I we were very clear that we wanted a system that we could grow into, that is over sized for our needs, and that could eventually enable us to charge an electric vehicle. Shortly after we signed the contract and made a deposit, we received an e-mail stating that we would either need to have an RMA box installed or have our main panel upgraded. The $200 difference was not a factor but Mark recommended we go with the RMA panel, so we went with that option. Firstly, they should have known we needed to upgrade before we even signed a contract as they did an initial inspection and our street has other homes with Semper Solaris installs and the houses are tract and of the same age. We found out in July that we needed another dedicated outlet in our garage to accommodate a new garage door opener. Apparently, we didn't have any space on our panel for even that! After a lot of back and forth with Mark, they have made no attempt to satisfy our needs and so far have only agreed to refund the money for the RMA panel and then we are on our own to get this taken care of! Very unprofessional and that is not acceptable. In speaking to a few neighbors, they all had their panels upgraded and were informed from the beginning that that's what was needed. Bottom line, even though we were very clear about what we wanted they failed to deliver and even after an unexpected additional cost our needs have still not been met, instead they would prefer to brush us off and move on to the next sale. They contacted me after my yelp review and promised to come out to assess the issue. They never came out and have not responded to calls or e-mails.

Richard Rivera

December 11th, 2020 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

great company. Had a small unit installed thinking they didn't want nothing to do with me. the rep Genevieve was the best they are lucky to have a great employee. she was informative, nice and professional. love to 6.00 electric bill as well.

ChatQ

December 4th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Provided very detailed explanation on what we need and always promptly respond to questions when needed.

Dana B

November 29th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

They had great customer service. Any time we had questions they were always quick to answer and anytime a problem popped up they took care of it. The roof \came out great and the prices were fantasic.

Gregory Smith

November 25th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recommend Semper Solaris because they are veteran friendly and employ mostly veteran associated personnel. They had the right price and explained everything with no pressure to buy. I am a disabled Veteran and my wife is a 24/7 caregiver. The sales person explained in detail so both of us understood the process and the timing involved. Everyone that worked on our installation was timely, informative and like family – the good kind! Our timing was at the end of 2019 where everyone was trying to capture Tax credits. The communication was a bit slow in the beginning but Semper hired a delightful person that quickly eliminated that problem. We liked their placement of the panels showing nothing from the street view. Theft is on the rise in our area. Installing solar is a very complex procedure getting permits from HOA, SDGE and inspections but Semper Solaris emailed with visuals showing us each step and who, what, when, and where they were in the process and making sure it was hooked up to our Wi-Fi. It’s nice to be able to touch my phone app and see how the system is doing and producing. We even got a call from Semper Solaris a month after installation saying there was an issue with a panel and they scheduled another nice person to come and fix the issue at no cost. The company was above and beyond for this veteran and his wife.

Nov 25, 2020

Wow, Gregory, thank you so much for sharing your Semper Solaris experience with this thoughtful review! We also want to thank both you and your wife for your service and sacrifice for our country. We aim to honor our veterans by providing a work environment that allows them to shine and it sounds like our team did just that. We know going solar can be a bit complex and we're happy to hear that our consultant and project manager made it easy to navigate and get the permits, applications, and inspections handled for you. We also love that you're enjoying the monitoring app on your phone as it's a great tool to keep an eye on your system's health and solar production. Thank you again for your support and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

WILLIAM REYNOLDS

November 15th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

100% rewarding, in every aspect of the decision to install solar!! From sales through installation, the absolute best!!

Nov 18, 2020

Hi William, we're thrilled to hear that you're 100% happy with your decision to go solar with Semper Solaris! We appreciate you sharing that you experience was the absolute best, from sales through installation. We will continue to be here with exceptional service for the lifetime of your solar energy system!

Jennipher Lorber

October 16th, 2020 San Marcos, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I received several quotes from several companies. I was lucky enough to meet with Genevieve J with Semper and I'm so glad I did! She was so incredibly knowledgeable. She was not a pushy sales woman but more of an educator. She honestly just wanted us to know everything possible to make an educated decision from there whether that was with Semper or not. The company we were originally going for was cheaper but encouraged us to install fewer panels. Genevieve was more expensive but educated us on why the additional panels were necessary. Now we are one year later and let me tell you... Genevieve was SPOT ON with her calculations! We settled up at the end of the year with the power company and we only owed $70. INCREDIBLY accurate! Had we gone with the other company, we would have owed several hundred dollars! Semper isn't necessarily the cheapest but I truly believe you get what you pay for. Their products are top notch and their customer service is wonderful from Veronica to Vinny. Do yourself a favor and go with Semper. We have had ZERO problems. 5 stars all the way! Thank you.

Oct 20, 2020

Hi Jennipher, we appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris out of all the solar companies you met with. Genevieve is great at explaining the benefits and inner workings of solar and helping each customer find a solar panel system that will work specifically for your home and energy needs. We may not be the cheapest option, but we are proud to offer top-of-the-line, American-made equipment, and take care of our customers. We're so happy to hear that your true up energy bill for the entire year was only $70, that's fantastic! Here's to many more years of reduced energy costs and freedom from SDG&E!

lee lockett

October 14th, 2020 Lynwood, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The work and service team were very professional and polite, cleaned up after their selfs. The person who came to my house to pitch his company was dedicated and worked hard to help me with the choose SIMPER SOLARS ! But once I signed that contract they meaning the office staff. Didn't do their jobs, instead of going the Long story today is October 14 2020 my work way completed in February 2020 and I started the project in November2019! How here is the problem, they have not completed the information for me to get my SPIG refund and now wants me to sign it over to them I have emails from A Souza and Nikki and others customer service is the worst On the USA Borders Go somewhere else. P.S. Nikki will lie to you.

Oct 15, 2020

Hi Lee, we appreciate you sharing your positive interactions with our sales consultant and installation crew and complimenting their hard work and dedication. We hold honesty, integrity, excellent customer service, and quality installations as our highest standards here at Semper Solaris. We would like to look into your account and your SGIP rebate concerns and see if we can get an update for you. One of our senior support specialists will be contacting you to discuss the details further and find a resolution. Thank you for working with us.

MikeC

October 9th, 2020 San Diego, CA

We had been thinking about getting solar for some time and finally decided to take the plunge. It did not hurt that we will be getting a tax credit as well! The entire process from start to finish was phenomenal! Genevieve, who was the sales person, was always prompt, friendly and very knowledgeable about the company and the product. She always, and I mean always, replied to our emails and answered all of our questions. Once we signed, the team at Semper Solaris were always communicating and providing status as to what was going to happen next and when. A big thanks to Veronica and Vinny, Cesar, Mark. They are awesome. It was just a pleasant experience from start to end. The actual solar installation took one day! The only lengthy wait we had was SDGE which is out of the hands of any solar company and the customer. Overall, excellent customer service to everyone we interacted with, especially Genevieve and Billie! Thank you. We are now enjoying our solar system!

Oct 16, 2020

Wow, Mike, thank you so much for this stellar review! We're pleased to hear that Genevieve provided an excellent consultation, was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and was able to answer ALL of your questions regarding your solar energy system and installation. We're proud of our whole team, Genevieve, Billie, Veronica, Vinny, Cesar, Mark and everyone who worked on your project and helped you make the jump to solar so you could start saving money and helping the environment at the same time. Here's to a long future of solar production and reduced dependency on your utility company!

Jelani Tribble

October 4th, 2020 San Leandro, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

3 MONTH job turned into a 10 MONTH NIGHTMARE. I wish I was dreaming. But, I couldn't get any sleep because my lights wouldn't turn off after the back-up battery install. After waiting 5 months for install appointment, turns out workers took short cuts and the electrical wires in the attic were crossed causing a fire hazard, switches and outlets were not working all around the house and my HALLWAY LIGHTS WERE STUCK ON in the brightest setting and wouldn't turn off. Thankfully, Michael sent a real electrician to turn them off that night and I worked with wonderful Zerona to fix the problem over the next few days, reason for the one star. In total, we had to spend 4 consecutive unplanned days in the dark before they could fixed the damage. We had to take food to neighbors home, find friends who would let us work at their home hoping noone had COVID19 (this was May 2020 before testing became available) and caused me to miss deadlines for projects at work. They compensated us a little for the bad experience but then lied and said the work was completed so we would pay for the rest of the work. That was in month 7. When I asked how to operate the system, I found the the utility company had not signed off for us to operate and the inverter didnt work. Nothing happened for a month while Semper Solaris kept blaming the utility company for the delay. So I called the utility and they informed me that Semper Solaris submitted the papers 3 times and each time failed to correct one simple mistake. So I contacted Semper Solaris and told them to stop blaming the utility company for delays and fix their mistake. They fixed it and we got approval in just 2 weeks. But the inverter still didnt work. The first crew came and said the inverter couldnt be fixed so it had to be replaced. A brand new inverter was no good!!! The second crew was scheduled and my family made all these arrangements to leave because we were warned the power would be cut off. THEY DON'T SHOW UP OR CALL until the next couple of days wanting to come but we were out of town. Then we get back into town and it takes a month to get someone out to fix it. It wasn't until I started requesting my money back that they started getting serious about finishing because they know they shouldn't have charged me for a broken, unapproved system in the first place. Well that's about half of the nightmare. I woke up to realize that this company for the most part doesn't value our business so I don't need a reply to this review. Keeping my fingers crossed nothing else goes wrong now that the system works. I had 2 neighbors that were seriously interested in solar but they've seen what we went through and are steering clear of Semper Solaris. I hate that I can't recommend a company that I'm signed up with but I'd feel worse if responsible for someone going through half what we went through.

Oct 07, 2020

Hi Jelani, we hold our teams to very high standards of honesty, integrity, customer service, and quality installations. It sounds like we did not meet those standards with your project and we appreciate you bringing it to our attention. We would like to dive deeper and not only see if we can make it right, but also make sure these issues don't occur in the future. We've shared your review with our team and will be discussing your project further. A customer support specialist will be reaching out to you to also go over the details of your project as well as your review. We appreciate you working with us to find a resolution.

Chris Golden

September 17th, 2020 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To whom it may concern, Semper Solaris recently completed a Solar/HVAC Project at my home at the end of July 2020. I wanted to take a few moments to comment on my experience with Semper Solaris. Please ensure the Owner, Kelly, receives this feedback. Background: I took about two months researching solar options and educating myself about solar. I also got formal quotes from three separate solar companies (one of which was Semper). I am a Quality Assurance Engineer by training and like most engineers we like to understand how things work allowing us to make informed decisions. My first contact with Semper Solaris was with Rhami H in Sales. In a word Rhami was “outstanding!” He was extremely patient with my endless barrage of questions. He was always polite and courteous. And most importantly he was always available throughout all phases of the Solar/HVAC project. I have seen other folks in Sales in other industries who seem to disappear after a contract is signed. This was not the case with Rhami. Not only would Rhami always respond to my inquiries but he would do so typically within minutes. This level of customer service and dedication is not the norm in my experience and Rhami makes an exemplary front man for Semper Solaris. I was astounded how fast the solar crew installed my (11) panels. Granted there were about five guys who showed up at my house but each was completely clear on what their responsibilities were and went right to it. Forgive me as I do not recall the foreman’s name but he was a complete professional. He took his time to carefully answer the questions I had for him (and I had many). After the installation was complete he spent some time explaining how the system works and went over the system operation. In addition, I had the pleasure of meeting Mark K who personally came out to my house to ensure I was completely satisfied with the solar installation. Mark also spent some time with me explaining how the system works and went over its proper operation. Next was the HVAC project. I was extremely pleased with Mack and Stephen who installed the system. Mack was really impressive on his knowledge of the A/C and Heater. Like the other folks at Semper I had plenty of questions for Mack. He would stop what he was doing to give me his complete attention and thoughtfully answer my questions. A complete professional despite his young age. My wife and I have done many home improvement projects over the last 7 years or so. These included a major kitchen renovation, installed all new sliding doors and windows, a major backyard renovation, followed by the most recent Solar/HVAC project. I can honestly say with absolutely no reservations that Semper Solaris was head and shoulders above all these other contractors. From the responsive, courteous staff to the outstanding workmanship and professionalism. Even both City Inspectors who signed off on the Solar and HVAC projects independently commented on how Semper Solaris’s workmanship is the best they ever see. They even complimented me and my wife for choosing Semper Solaris. Finally, as a US Navy veteran I was naturally drawn to giving Semper Solaris a hard look when selecting a contractor for our project. Your television commercials do in fact live up to the hype. Absolutely outstanding! Thank-you Kelly for your dedication to excellence. You should be extremely proud of your employees and the work they do.

Al

September 7th, 2020 San Clemente, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was excited to go solar. I chose Semper Solaris because it is veteran owned, even though their quote was slightly hire than the other two I received. I started this process in September 2019, and finally in mid-July, I had solar panels with a Tesla Power Wall, The number of missteps and mistakes by Semper Solaris are too many to outline here. Showing up without notice, not showing up when I took days off, not doing things to code the first time, etc. etc. The fact that I was specific about what I needed to have back up power for when my power goes out (critical load, I think they call this) and the fact that only my fridge and some hall lights work when there's a black out is not what I asked for (I've had three blackouts since this was installed). The techs they sent to set this up the first time tried, but their cell phones to communicate didn't get signal here and the yelling back-and-forth to verify if a circuit was on didn't do the job either. Plus, yelling back-and-forth is not professional and totally disruptive when I was trying to teach from home. Equip these guys with some walkies, for goodness sake! I have been trying to get someone out here to fix it. I'm teaching from home, so I can't be without power while they figure things out until 2:30. Well, I'm told they can't come after 2:30 because the work they have to do would run past their regular work hours. This was too much! My system is costing me about $36,000 and they can't stay past 4:30 to do their jobs correctly? Plus, I'm paying more for the panels in addition to what I'm still paying SDG& E than I ever did for a normal monthly electric bill. If you must go solar, just choose another company. My regrets about going solar and for choosing Semper Solaris are so huge. I kick myself every day.

Sep 12, 2020

Hi Al, our goal is to provide excellent service along with top-notch installations in a timely manner, making things easier and more efficient for the customer and saving you money once your system is operational. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and want to assure you that we will be taking care of this. We would like to have a look at your project and see what we can do to get it completed as quickly as possible. We do need a bit more information to locate your account and get moving, so we've sent you a private message requesting your details. Please reply at your earliest convenience, thank you.

Jeff Kaye

July 11th, 2020 Granada Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Was having a problem with them staying on top of problems I was having. It took a negative review to wake them up and get it taken care of. Leilua was a terrific help in getting this mess taken care of.

Raphael Mendoza

July 1st, 2020 Belvedere Tiburon, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst customer experience. This company is now 6 months overdue on my installation project. Its been 9 months since I first signed the contract. Response times are poor to non-existent which includes the 2 founders when I tried to escalate. I will be seeking cancellation with legal support.

Jul 01, 2020

Hi Raphael, we aim for quick installations and superior customer service and it seems with the shelter in place order, plus scheduling conflicts and inclement weather during our initial install, we did not meet those speedy standards with your project. Our team will be reaching out to discuss the details of your project and see what we can do to get your system installed quickly. Thank you for understanding and working with us.

Kyle Burson

June 14th, 2020 Oceanside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Semper Solaris – Michael G and his amazing team of professionals - our lifeline! Moving to a 2-story home, 3x larger than the condo we moved from, a pool and spa in the back yard – and utility bills skyrocketing - we quickly realized Solar was essential. Based on research, we selected three companies to interview, and Semper Solaris was clearly so far superior to the others that there was no choice to be made. From the moment Michael G arrived for our appointment, the rest was flawless. Michael had already done extensive research on our property, had our solar plan designed, and opened his computer and walked us through the education we needed to make the decision easy. True to its Mission Statement, Semper Solaris is a company who exemplifies honesty, high integrity, and is dedicated to what is best for its customers; no oversell, no undersell but simply what is needed for maximum solar efficiency. Further, the entire installation project, working with a team of dedicated experts, was seamless, flowed smoothly, and was completed, inspected, and approved in a few short weeks. We are very grateful to the whole Semper Solaris team!

Jun 15, 2020

Wow, Kyle, thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for complimenting Michael and the whole team! We aim for the best and hold our team to our high standards of honesty and integrity, and as you said, we're dedicated to designing a solar energy system that is best for our customers. We know that when upsizing from a condo to a house with a pool and spa, the energy costs can be a huge shock, and we're elated that we could help design a solar panel system to fit your energy needs and budget. Please know that we are here for any questions or system needs that arise in the future. Congratulations on going solar and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Jeff kaye

June 14th, 2020 Granada Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Purchased solar system and everything went well till I had a problem. They dont return calls and when they finally did they said they would look into the problem and call me back within 2 days. Still waiting after a week.will not answer my emails. Originally said the problem was a micro inverter that had to be replaced. They told me they ordered the parts and keep me informed of the status It's been 7 weeks and not a word. Beware.......

Jun 15, 2020

Hi Jeff, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We value our customers and want to take care of you and your system. I was able to locate your account and will be sending your review and message to our team to get an update of the replacement warranty parts. Someone will be in contact with you with an update so we can get your system back up and running optimally.

Matthew Brink

May 7th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

Stop looking now.. Semper Solaris is the company to install your solar! After some extensive research and a horrific experience with another company in the past, I was very hesitant to trust a solar company again. I chose Semper Solaris because they were a military-affiliated company. Best decision I ever made! From a very professional & zero pressure sit down discussion with consultant Rhami H (needs a raise or promotion) to the team who installed our panels & equipment to the inspectors, nothing but extremely professional and efficient service! I review a lot of feedback on companies before I hire anyone. I knew I could trust this company based on their military affiliation-did not dissapoint at all! Thank you Semper team for reinstating my trust & confidence again & representing what our military stands for; honesty, integrity & results! Start to finish took less than 2 months to officially get our PTO! Very impressed! The Brink Family

Jun 16, 2020

Thank you for this amazing review, Matthew! We appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris because of our military background and are proud to hear that our team performed, with honesty, integrity, and top-quality results. We're thrilled to hear that Rhami and the team reinstated your trust and confidence in solar companies and also home improvement contractors. Here's to a bright future filled with energy production and savings!

Roger Nunez

May 7th, 2020 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

NO COMMUNICATION NO COMMUNICATION NO COMMUNICATION Go somewhere else to get your solar job done.

May 12, 2020

Hi Roger, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We hold all of our team to very high standards of customer communication and top-quality installations. We would like to look into your situation and see if there is anything we can do to remedy it. One of our team members will be reaching out to further discuss this with you.

Celia Morris

April 22nd, 2020 Carlsbad, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Semper Solaris did a super job installing our solar system. Michael G our sales representative supported us all the way through the installation. We liked that they were veteran owned and managed as well as the fact that they are also a roofing company. Their bid was competitive with others and the installation took less than a single day. Our neighbors commented on how professional they were and how respectful of the neighbors during the installation. We had our installation done on Monday and were live the following Tuesday.

Apr 29, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review, Celia! We're pleased to hear that Michael was supportive throughout your entire installation process and that our team was professional and respectful to you and your neighbors. With our military background, we hold our customer service and installation standards pretty high and we're glad you got to experience that. Congratulations on your new energy-efficient home upgrade and welcome to the Semper family!

Jacob Bruun-Jensen

April 5th, 2020 Saratoga, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In October, we contracted Semper Solaris to install a Tesla Powerwall 2 at our home. We provided them with all the requested information, access to the property for the design team, and timely sign-off. On February 28, we had an appointment for the installation of the Tesla Powerwall unit. The crew showed up, and after about 30 min of measuring informed us, it was not possible to install the Powerwall where they had recommended it. The team then left again with no further information. Since then, we had no communication from Semper Solaris. We contacted the Sales Rep, Roy S, and our Customer Support Rep, Stephanie M, by email on March 12 but heard nothing. No information, no calls, nothing. We then informed them we were going to cancel the order with immediate effect, and finally heard from another person from Customer Support, Lei‑lua W. However, at this point, we had lost complete confidence in Semper Solaris and their ability to do the work. To say we were disappointed with the service received from Semper Solaris is an understatement. If their values are loyalty, duty, respect, selfless service, honor, integrity, and personal courage, I think they have not lived up to these values on this job. They get one star for actually refunding us our entire deposit

Apr 07, 2020

HI Jacob, Hi Jacob, we aim to provide each customer with a top-notch installation and superior customer service from beginning to end. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we are looking into your situation and see if there is anything we can do to make it doesn't happen in the future. Wishing you all the best.

John E Evans

April 1st, 2020 Oceanside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Michael G was our rep and was very informative, helpful. First- the process took about 8+ weeks, which seems very good. Princess E is very responsive and very helpful. She either answered my question or found the person who could. She was the highlight of the process. Billie J was helpful. Her voice mail was full one time. But every time Princess referred my email to Billie, Billie answered promptly. The installation went well. The city building inspection had to be rescheduled when your company rep missed the city inspector the first time which delayed the process 3-4 days. Of course, the 8AM-12PM time frame SDG&E required makes it difficult for your company. The city forwarded the paperwork to SDG&E quickly and SDG&E approved the PTO quickly. So far, the process has been very good. I just need to see the panels work and produce enough energy for our uses but that will take a couple of months. I realize I new very little about solar energy. I am now anxious to see it work! Thank you very much. I have had the system over two months and has worked well, no electric bills from SDG&E. I will refer everyone to Mike.

Apr 03, 2020

Hi John, thank you so much for writing this awesome review, and sharing your experience throughout your solar installation! We're happy to hear that our team shared their solar knowledge, installed your solar energy system in a timely fashion, and also answered your questions and kept you up to date during your project. There can be many moving hands on a project including ourselves, the city, and SDG&E, and we thank you for understanding the scheduling hiccup. We know you are going to love seeing your system operate, produce energy, and save you lots of money for a very long time. We really appreciate you complimenting Michael, Princess, and Billie, and we will surely pass them along to the team. Thanks again John!

Daniel Przybylski

March 22nd, 2020 Vacaville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

A friend who claimed a good experience recommended Semper Solaris. After talking with the sales man who I found rather rambling and confusing as he couldn't seem to make a meaningful presentation, we made a deal and got financing. We were given an install date for almost five months later blaming the wait on PG&E and then when the date came, they forgot about it. We have missed any chance for a tax credit. Our financing agreement has expired. And now that we are trying to cancel our agreement, we can't even get them to call us back. It has been a while since I have dealt with a company which is so inept at the basic courtesies and responsibilities of customer management. Since cancelling with them, someone from Semper Solaris gave us a call claiming that changes have been made to avoid this kind of service in the future. It turned out however that he was just calling to ask us to take down this review. Good reviews are earned, Semper Solaris. We have gone solar, but with another company. See my other reviews.

Mar 23, 2020

Hi Daniel, Our goal is to install our customer's projects as quickly as possible while keeping the integrity and quality of the work at a top-notch level. We appreciate you bringing this to our attention and we have been trying to work with you to sort out the confusion. Our team has reached out a few times, spoke with your wife, ans left voicemails and emails asking you to call us back. We would truly like to make this right. Please give us a call back at your earliest convenience and we will do everything we can. Thank you for working with us.

Dan Denley

March 10th, 2020 Poway, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I worked Nicole L from Semper Solaris to get our solar system designed, quoted, installed. She met with me to go over all the details, helped secure excellent financing through local credit union, and was there every step of the way. The on-site crew were some tough looking pipe-hitters. But they were respectful, courteous, and efficient. My instal was 40+ panels and they were done in about 48 hours. I was impressed. If you’re looking for solar, stop your research and just hire these folks. They are veteran-owned and run a tight operation. They are consummate professionals. Highly recommend.

Mar 11, 2020

Wow Dan, thank you for taking the time to support our veteran-owned company and writing this wonderful review. We truly value Nicole here at Semper Solaris, and are happy to hear you compliment her superior service throughout your project. We also appreciate you singing the praises of our install team. Even though they may not be wearing button-ups and blazers, they are our heavy-hitters, getting projects completed like rock stars. Thank you again for the support, Dan. We hope you enjoy the sunny days ahead!

customer

March 10th, 2020 La Jolla, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

equipment good installation poor and improper. Semper Solaris will not send anyone out to fix.

Mar 11, 2020

Hi customer, we would really like to know what happened and see if there is anything we can do to right your project. Can you please respond to the private message I sent to you, requesting your information so we can look into your account and get started? Thank you.

Ahangel

February 24th, 2020 Novato, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After four years of trying to get Semper Solaris to honor their contract of under production I wish I had never done solar and have never gone with this company. It has added so much anxiety to my life. The sales team and production team underestimated the amount of solar that my house could produce and promised me more than the system was able to provide. They are now emailing me false information about my production saying that it is actually meeting specs, and when I called them on it they say whoops we were looking at somebody else’s account. Feels very shady to me. I will update if they eventually resolve the issue. I still very much want to recommend this company under the current situation I definitely cannot as it is costing me $600 a year more than you should be.

Mar 11, 2020

Hi Adrienne, our goal is to design and build a solar energy system that matches a customer's historical usage or to produce above that if a customer wishes to add usage, as in an added electric vehicle, pool or AC unit. We appreciate you working with us, in the time since you wrote this review, to beef up your system and get it in line with your usage and contracted production levels. Please feel free to call our team if you have any further needs or questions. Warmest regards.

MWolff

February 21st, 2020 Rancho Santa Margarita, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This the WORST company that I have ever dealt with. Nothing but lies, lack of communication, delays, excuses. We have been trying to get our solar up and running for 6 months. We signed our contract 6 months ago. We gave them a HUGE check 5 months ago and today we hit yet another snag with inspection. As usual, their stall techniques, lack of doing what should have been done has caused yet another delay. Our biggest mistake is selecting this company over Sullivan and others who our neighbors chose at the same time we made our bad decision. It is even more frustrating to know that they have had solar for months and our house has a bunch of useless panels that are not in use due to Semper Solaris incompetency. If I had the money, I would start over with a company that tells you the truth, keeps their promises and gets the results without months of frustration, headaches and stall tactics. My best advice to anyone considering this company is DONT make the mistake we did.

Feb 23, 2020

Hi Michele, we are truly sorry that your project has not gone as smoothly as it should have, and we want to make this right for you. From your reviews, we were able to tell which customer you are, locate your account, and have had the team take the next steps in getting your system up and running. Please continue to work directly with your customer support specialist, you are in very good hands with him, and you can be sure your project with be well taken care of until the end. Thank you again for working with us.

David Clark

February 21st, 2020 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I Googled @SemperSolaris to get a bid for solar and liked the fact that they were a locally and veteran owned company. I chose Senior Energy Consultant @RobertA because of his laid back, no pressure selling techniques. I purchased 7.2 kWp System and (1) Tesla Powerwall 2.0. I also found their Operations Dept. very informative and professional. @LeticiaC always provided me with an update and I highly recommend @SemperSolaris.

Mar 11, 2020

Thank you for this great review, David. Thank you for choosing our company for your solar panel and Tesla Powerwall installation. We appreciate you sharing your exceptional Semper Solaris experience and signing Robert's and Leticia's praises. We'll be sure to pass them along. Congratulations of your big home upgrade, we know you're going to love it!

rjosef

February 13th, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We used Semper Solaris to install solar panels on our home several months ago. We have been VERY happy with the entire process. Genevieve came to our home and explained in detail all about the various brands and types of panels, as well as the accompanying electronics which sync to cell phone and computer monitoring applications. The installers were efficient, experienced and courteous. I have called their customer service center a couple times and was happy with the immediate response and help. We compared other companies and went with Genevieve and Semper Solaris. We are happy that we did.

Feb 13, 2020

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this wonderful review! We appreciate your kind words for Genevieve and we will surely pass them along to her. We are proud to have her on our team and are thrilled that she explained your solar options and helped you design a system that works for your home and energy needs. Our team will always be here to help you with a smile and fast service as well. Wishing you all the best and a sunny future ahead!

Matt Harding

January 22nd, 2020 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I researched seven and met with four companies before hiring Semper Solaris to install our panels. They had top of the line panels, great financing and really worked with us, since I'm installing on my father-in-law's house (our sales guy Rhami especially went the extra mile to make that happen). I also chose Solaris because I felt respected, and never pressured or condescended when working with them. You'd do well to work with Rhami and Semper Solaris.

Jan 28, 2020

Hi Matt, thank you so much for the continued support and singing our praises from the rooftops! We always strive to provide each customer with a personalized and pressure-free consultation, with a system designed specifically with your energy needs and budget in mind, and we're pleased that Rhami did just that. We're proud to hear he went the extra mile for you and your father-in-law. Wishing you all a bright and sunny future filled with solar production and energy savings!

Jad

January 12th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My Panasonic solar system looks great. I shopped 4 companies and Rhami my sales rep and Semper Solaris by far stood out to me. Glad that everything that went as planned and expected and I’m very happy with my new solar system!

Jan 14, 2020

Thank you for this great review, Jad. We're thrilled to hear that Rhami and the team stood above the rest of the companies you met with. Here's to many years of solar production and energy savings!

BMorton

December 31st, 2019 San Marcos, CA

I worked closely with Nicole L who answered all of my questions and made feel at ease with my decision Great customer experience

C.W.

December 18th, 2019 Lancaster, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband is a former Marine and we wanted to support a veterans owned company. Also we had friends who referred us. I am so beyond disappointed in this company. If I could give no stars I would. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. THE PROCESS is horrible. We started this process just under three months ago and we still have no solar installed. I have called a number of times and am being told "its the permits" and "the permits had to be re-submitted". But no one will tell me why they had to be re-submitted. I have had other contractors working on my yard for a pool and patio who all had to pull permits and started weeks after we started this solar process and the entire pool project will be done in a week! Yet still no solar! Solar is blaming it on permits, yet all my other contractors had no issues getting permits in a timely fashion. The only good thing I have to say is that the field rep who came out was nice and beyond helpful and is an asset to the company. The people in a ll the departments are nice, but undertrained, and cant really help or give answers. As we got docs sent to us from the various departments the doc u sign was incorrect. They were not sending it to correct emails for signatures, they had both our names as one entire signature. Our names on the contracts were incorrect. I had to ask a number of times for all of that to be corrected. It took alot of time and effort on my part. Information from department to department was different. The amount of calls from the loan part to reverify the same thing over and over is super excessive. I have called to speak to a manager and they say the manager is busy with the business, that they will call back. I have never gotten a call back. So I guess their customers are not a priority in their business. We are just about 3 months in and no solar. And our loan for the solar funded weeks ago. If I could cancel I would .

Dec 19, 2019

Hi Cassie, We appreciate your husband's service and want to take care of those who have served and sacrificed for our country. We apologize for the delayed installation and the hold up with the permitting. Unfortunately getting solar permitting is a bit different than that for a pool or patio, with more moving pieces. With that said, I am not sure why your solar permits had to be resubmitted. I would like to look into your account, check the status, and see if we can expedite the process. We will also look into the docusign and contract account information to make sure that all of your contact information is correct as well. We appreciate you complimenting our field rep and including a positive within your review. We will work our darnedest to make this right for you and your husband.

Charles Brown

December 18th, 2019 La Jolla, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recommend using Semper Solaris for your solar system. I was very happy with their entire process. They do a quality job for a reasonable price. I was referred to sales rep Gavin Pringle by a friend who was very happy with her solar system as well as her roof replacement. Gavin presented his recommendation for my system design based on my prior electrical usage. He offered several alternative systems I could chose from, but no high pressure to pick the most expensive. Then he included several discounts that brought the cost per watt for the system after rebates and tax credits down to $2.33/watt. This was less than SunRun or Costco. And was for the Panasonic 330 panels. So I signed the contract. However, my installation was a little different as I was just starting a major remodel and couldn’t install the panels for another 8 months until the new roof was installed. I wanted them to prewire the conduit for the connection from panels to inverter in the attic space before drywall was installed. Also I wanted the inverter in the garage. And I wanted the ethernet connection to be hard wired not wifi for better reliability. After talking with Mike and Mark, they were able to all of that on my schedule. After my drywall was installed and the roof installed, they came out a second time to install the panels and hook up the system. All done very professionally. Within a few days I received permission from SDGE to operate the system and it has been working well. Gavin followed up on making sure my friend received her referral fee, and that I received my Panasonic rebate. So Semper Solaris did what they promised, were easy to contact with questions, met my scheduling needs, and did a professional installation. I am very happy I went with them.

Dec 20, 2019

Wow, thank you for this awesome review, Charles! We're thrilled to hear that Gavin was able to share his solar knowledge, show you the best solar system options, and design a solar energy system that works specifically for your home and energy needs. Our team works really hard to accommodate our customer's scheduling and special requests, and we couldn't be happier knowing that Mike and Mark worked with your renovation timeline, installed the conduit inside the walls, placed the inverter in your garage, and hardwired the monitoring module. We hope you enjoy your newly remodeled home, your new solar panel system, and all the energy savings that come along with it. Congratulations on going solar with Semper Solaris!

Rebekah

November 18th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Love the local features & veteran support. Thanks for answering all my questions Nicole!

Matthew

November 18th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

As a former Marine I am proud to support a veteran owned company. They offered us a $500 military discount. Thanks to Nicole for all her help.

Chad mojica

October 28th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and helpful with all questions. Gave us an honest evalution and Nicole didn't oversell us.

Unhappy customer

October 18th, 2019 Poway, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is outrageously unprofessional. We got our solar through them. First their quote was incorrect and was severely underestimated. We ended up spending nearly $10k more than originally quoted. Next they inspected our roof. They showed up unannounced and we had to bend over backwards to get them access to our house. When they finished the inspection,They said the inspection was good with no issues. Then AGAIN, they showed up unannounced to install the solar. Again, we bent over backwards to give them access. After going up on the roof, the installers said our roof couldn’t be installed on. They missed it in the inspection. So, we had to have our roof repaired before we could install the solar. Again, repairmen for the roof came UNANNOUNCED. When they worked on our roof they left debris all over our yard. We are still finding nails, screws and other rusty items all over our yard where our toddler plays. Ok, now the roof is fixed, installing solar should be scheduled right? Wrong, they show up AGAIN unannounced to install. Each day the installers said I would get an explanation of what was being done and how to operate our system. Nope, zero explanation. Then, AGAIN, Semper Solaris shows up unannounced requesting to inspect the solar so the city can approve it. Again, we allow them to inspect. (They acted as if we were outrageous for wanting them to schedule these appointments so we would be able to be home when these people had access to our garage and roof). So, now we have gotten our solar approved by the city and SDGE to operate our panels and battery but we have no idea how it works, how to turn it on and what things do what... so, we have solar that we paid nearly $40k for that we can’t operate because Semper doesn’t know how to do their jobs. I completely regret ever ever ever going with them. When we complained, they said the reason all this was happening was because they were really overwhelmed with installations and couldn’t manage them all. Be cautious. This company will take your money and not provide any support, professionalism, or courtesy. As of now, we have no idea if our solar even functions...

Mehran

October 10th, 2019 Lakeside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Professional people everyone one contacted Genevieve explained everything patiently and honestly returned my emails with any questions very pleased with her job . mark K was with us throughout the installation and actually from the beginning answered all our questions and kept the project going smoothly.thanks everyone

Eileen Lauro Levine

October 2nd, 2019 Escondido, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Met with Mike . He is really friendly. Educated me on options for battery . I I will be contacting him in the future if I need any help .

Ha Nguyen

September 11th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service, very friendly group of people. Mark I was my contact and her was very knowledgeable of the roofing and solar process. Very competitive pricing. Would do business with them again in the future.

Sep 12, 2019

Thank you for this great review, Ha! We truly appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris for both your roofing and solar projects. We're proud to have Mark on our team and are thrilled that he shared his solar and roofing knowledge with you and took such great care of your home. Wishing you many years of a solid and secure roof and energy production and savings!

MPC

September 3rd, 2019 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am so extremely frustrated with Semper Solaris and sincerely regret choosing them for our solar company. The experience with them has been negative from the get-go. There is zero communication between the office and us, paperwork just sits for a month without any kind of response, my husband's email from last week is still unanswered, and I have no idea when the electricians will return to complete the project. They just randomly show up; we have now had three different people installing our power wall (as far as I can tell, the second person undid some of the work the first person did), the city inspector showed up one day (no one told me) when I wasn't home and therefore couldn't complete the inspection. This has been one giant mess and I have never in my life worked with such an unprofessional organization.

Sep 04, 2019

Hi MPC, thank you for sharing, and I'm sorry to hear that you're having communication issues with our team. We hold our team to very high standards of honesty, integrity, quality service and installations, customer service included. I'd like to look into your account and see what has happened, and get you taken care of. I've sent you a private message to get more information, please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Deborah Brookshier

August 26th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nicole L listened to my questions and concerns. She is amazing to work with.

Al O

August 16th, 2019 Oceanside, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Outstanding service from beginning to end. I was kept informed during the whole process and when the project was approved by the HOA, the system was up and running in a few weeks. They also honored my service with the USMC and police force. Not only did they thank me for my service they provided a nice discount due to my service. Thanks for the great service. Semper FI

Aug 20, 2019

First are foremost, Allen, thank you for your service, to your country and your community. We are honored to serve those who have served our country, and to help with a military discount. Second, thank you for this awesome review. We're happy our team was able to get your solar panel system up and running quickly and with outstanding service and communication throughout the process. We're always here for you, if you have any questions or need maintenance or repairs. Welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Robert F.

August 15th, 2019 Chula Vista, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We looked around and we asked a couple people who had solar, and our son had his solar installed with Semper Solaris and he really loved his system. The installer, Chad and the team, were easy to talk to, very nice, and explained everything quite well. They color matched the conduit, and were very helpful. Billie J was really good at answering our phone calls. We really liked the after-installation support as well, they have been great. Courtney was extremely helpful and very patient, and gave us a great explanation of monitoring. We are a little bit picky, and we are very happy with our solar. Oh yeah, we would definitely recommend Semper Solaris to everyone.

Aug 16, 2019

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Robert! We're elated to hear that all of our team members, Chad and his crew, Billie, and Courtney, the whole Semper team, were all so helpful throughout your solar project. It truly is a team effort and we're happy that our team impressed you with their communication, knowledge, and attention to detail. Wishing you many many years of solar production and energy savings. Congratulations on going solar and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Sue P.

August 15th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose to go with Semper Solaris because they have a 25 year warranty and will replace the panels at no charge if something goes wrong. I liked that they email and text to communicate, more than by phone, so I can get to it when I'm not so busy. Overall, everything went really well, from the sales consultation, the the installation which was really quick, to the after care. I would recommend anyone thinking about solar to give them a call.

Aug 16, 2019

Thank you for this amazing review, Sue! We are proud to use products made in America and stand behind our service with generous warranties. We want you, and all of our customers, to feel confident choosing Semper Solaris for your solar energy system project. We're thrilled to hear that our team took such great care of you and your home, and communicated in a way that worked best for you. Here's wishing you many years of energy savings freedom from SDG&E! Congratulations on going solar and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Ed P

August 12th, 2019 El Cajon, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Really happy we went with Semper Solaris. Great value for the price. Everyone we worked with was professional. Chase our sales guy was knowledgeable and helped us every step of the way. Happy we went with Semper Solaris.

Aug 15, 2019

Thank you for this great review, Ed! We really appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris to install your solar energy system. We're happy to hear that our team was very professional, and that Chase shared his solar knowledge with you and helped you every step of the way. Congratulations on taking the leap to solar!