Semper Solaris

7.6

Founded in 2012 by former United States Marine Kelly Shawhan and construction specialist John Almond, Semper Solaris is a solar energy contractor and residential roofing company based in San Diego, California, that has created a niche by hiring ex-Marines and US military members.

The solar installation company boasts that it is "locally and veteran owned and uses products designed in America," and it can perform any necessary roof repairs or even put on a whole new energy efficient roof replacement. In addition to solar panels, Semper Solaris also offers battery backup options for solar energy systems, including the Tesla Powerwall.

The solar power company currently serves Los Angeles, San Diego, Orange County, Palm Springs, Laguna Hills, El Cajon, the Inland Empire, and the Bay Area of California. Read on to discover The Good, The Bad, and The Bottom Line about this solar company, as well as view Semper Solaris Reviews from real customers.

The Good

• High Quality Solar Equipment
  • Veteran Owned Solar and Roofing Company
  • Four-Time Top 500 Solar Contractor

High Quality Solar Equipment

Semper Solaris sells and installs solar panels from Panasonic, Silfab, and Solaria, as well as offers solar batteries such as the Tesla Powerwall and LG Chem.

Veteran Owned Solar and Roofing Company

Semper Solaris hopes to ensure a set of values by supporting military and local businesses. Headquartered in San Diego, a city full of military members and their families, this may offer a unique appeal for potential customers. In addition to solar installation services, Semper Solaris is also a roofing contractor, which should instill confidence in customers that the company knows what it is doing when it comes to the construction side of things. In fact, the company has partnered with Owens Corning and is one of the few Owens Corning Platinum Preferred Contractors nationwide for all roofing projects. Additionally, if a customer needs to have their roof replaced before the solar panel installation, Semper Solaris can take care of it all in house, which is a benefit few solar energy installers can provide.

Four-Time Top 500 Solar Contractor

Per Solar Power World Magazine, the Semper Solaris Family has earned top-500 status in 2014, 2016, 2017, and 2018 and has installed more than 93,000 kiloWatts of clean energy, an impressive amount of work since its founding in 2012. This kind of recognition is significant, as it demonstrates the company's commitment to install quality solar energy systems, and help as many people as possible save on their electric bill.

The Bad

• Little Information Available on Website
  • Limited Time in Business
  • No Solar Lease or PPA

Little Information Available on Website

As with almost every solar installer in the industry, detailed information about pricing is not available on Semper Solaris's website; prospective solar customers have to perform additional work to find the information they're looking for. Interested consumers are encouraged to reach out to a customer service or sales rep or from the company for more information on the entire process.

Limited Time in Business

Semper Solaris was founded in 2012, which is a relatively short time in business when compared to other leading solar companies with a sometimes decades-long track record of quality work.

No Solar Lease or PPA

While Semper Solaris does provide outright purchase and financing options like a solar loan to help the customer pay for his or her solar project, the company does not offer solar leases or power purchase agreements (PPA). Although these latter two options preclude the customer from taking advantage of solar incentives and the federal tax credit, they significantly reduce the upfront and ongoing costs of going solar while still meeting the customer's energy needs.

The Bottom Line

Semper Solaris is a veteran owned roofing contractor and renewable energy company that has been in business since 2012 and has created a positive reputation among customers from San Diego County to San Jose, California. With new solar installation companies cropping up all the time, Semper Solaris has established a niche by emphasizing itself as a true American solar company with a proven work ethic. Semper Solaris offers high quality solar panels and battery storage options for every solar installation, but does not provide a company app to monitor energy production, energy savings, or power usage.

View Best Solar Companies

maurice nolet Roseville, CA

I heard about Semper Solaris years ago from a friend . My salesman, Bob K., was great. He was very personable and accommodating. Bob fully explained the product and my options, as well as payment options. My crew did a really great job. They had to redo the roof in order to offer the warranty, and while doing so there were areas on the back patio that got tar stains. My crew cleaned and power washed the tar stains and left my patio looking better than it did before. My system is working great and I would do it over and over again! Recently, Sunpower proactively called me to upgrade everything that was under warranty at no cost to me. That was a nice unexpected surprise! It raises the value of my home and saves me a considerable amount of money every year. I anticipate more savings in the years to come with the continually rising cost of power. I would recommend Semper Solaris and Bob K. to anyone looking to install solar. . . and I have! I would never recommend anything I didn't believe in and I definitely believe in this product. Bob is an excellent salesman!

Mike Mike Scottsdale, AZ

Just an update on my solar installation from a couple of years back when we first had it installed. One of the best decisions ever made to use Semper Solaris & Bob K. to complete our transaction. It works great 5 years on and based on discussions with Bob, decided on a situation that would end up with a break even or sometimes a surplus each year. Our Summer electric bills went from 650/month (300/winter) down to $10 per month. Three out of the five years we received a check back for surplus sold back to the electric company. The reason for the 10$ per month is the electric co. has a "minimum" bill amount to cover billing and processing, hey, its no problem going from $4500 - $5500 per year for electricity down to 100$. We are about 9 months from completely covering the cost of the installation and panels and we will never have a cost increase based on rates going higher. We wash the panels 2x a year with soft water. Purchased a portable unit specifically for cleaning them and I would highly recommend a soft water unit rather than just spraying them. I have no issue going onto the roof to complete the work, but there are numerous services that will clean them for you. The house is in Palm Springs, so it does get dusty and cleaning them make them operate better saving us more money. Contact Bob at Semper, had a great experience from start to finish.

Robin Holst Alpine, CA

Michael G. was our contact person for our Tesla battery install and we can't say enough good things about how he and Semper Solaris took care of handling everything. We are so happy to not have to worry about our power going out and not having electricity. Now we have solar and battery back up to take care of our electrical needs. Thank you Michael and Semper Solaris for a great job!!

Dawn Carifi ,

I heard about Semper Solaris from my Fire Captain and I liked the first responder discount they offer. I don't have time to sit and interview a lot of people and Bob K. from Semper Solaris was the first sales person I met with. He was super mellow and chill. He explained everything about solar panels and Tesla powerwall batteries and gave me different options. Bob made everything very easy to understand. My crew was great and my system is operating really well. I love using the Tesla app to track my energy usage. I am very happy about my choice to get solar panels. I am looking forward to the summer when my bill will be very low. I strongly recommend Semper Solaris and Bob K.! -Dawn

Clark Carlton Los Angeles, CA

Five years later and our panels are working great! The installation by this company was very professional and headed up by Bob K. We were so grateful to find these guys because we tried company after company to install a system on our flat roof with a "spider": a system of outdoor ducts that had to be worked around. Only Semper Solaris said they could do the job and they came up with an array tailored for our particular roof. We no longer fear opening our electrical bill and the system has already paid for itself.

Ange Corona, CA

Genevieve was great! From the initial meeting she provided unbiased factual information on options, costs, financing and timeline. She didn’t try to push me to choose Semper Solaris, she just gave me facts which I researched myself. The fact that she was honest about not being the “cheapest” definitely meant a lot. The entire team though, great people, very professional and communicative

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you for this great review, Ange! We appreciate you complimenting Genevieve on her knowledgeable, upfront, and honest solar consultation. We know shopping around for solar can be a bit intimidating, and we're thrilled that you felt so comfortable and confident with Genevieve. We will be sure to pass your kind words on to the team.

Mar. 12th, 2021

ANISSA BURNS El Cajon, CA

Genevieve J, Veronica, Mark, Vinny, Cesar...Best, most friendly, courteous, respectful team ever. My install was smooth and fast. Genevieve J sold us our system when she was trying to enjoy a quick birthday vacation... returning calls, emails and advice...especially when it came to our attention the system we already had installed when we purchased our forever home would not cover our electric usage. Semper Solaris goes above and beyond and John the owner has the best and most qualified people working for him. Every license covered. No need to worry with their install and service. Can't wait to see that electric bill disappear forever. Thank you all for the exemplary product, service, and care. MAHALO!

Ann Redwood City, CA

Not to put too fine a point on it, but our experience with Semper was pretty awful, from start to finish. I don't mean just annoying and vaguely less than on the ball awful, the two-star variety of awful. I mean such a relentless, ever-rolling stream of screw-ups that it became a family joke. Because, you know, sometimes all you can do is laugh. To start with, it took them nearly a year and four months after we signed the contract to get the system up and running. But mere slowness is not what lands them in one star land. It's their unbridled, relentless, needless screwups that led directly to these delays. Here are the highlights of our depressing slog with Semper: * In January 2020, after a couple months of back and forth with our sales person, we studied the proposal he had given us detailing the price, system size, physical components, and promised energy generation, and chose Semper over two other companies. Within literally minutes after signing the contract, however, the sales person emailed back to us saying that oops, he'd mistakenly given us too low a price, and would need to charge us about $3,000 more. We, being in possession of a basic understanding of how a legal contract works, said no. This set off a couple of months of relentlessly, exhaustingly trying to get the corporate office to acknowledge the contract that the sales person had signed (which they finally did, only after I finally got hold of a top company manager. Who did not apologize.) * When they started designing our system, they told us that oops, they'd mistakenly underestimated the number of panels we'd need to generate the level of production they'd promised us, and would need to charge us roughly $3,000 more to add the additional panels. So another round of weeks of explaining to them that when you sign a contract with certain specs, it's actually binding on you. * Months went by after that hearing nothing. I contacted their customer service line, which is staffed entirely by nice, chipper people who are utterly unfamiliar with your particular project, they're just messengers. And this particular chipper messenger assured us, week after week, that our permit would be issued shortly - about three or four times, she told us we'd get our permit "in only two weeks now!"; and then told me he exact same thing again when the permit didn't actually materialize in that time frame. Well, I got suspicious and actually called the County permitting staff, and found out that they had identified problems with the permit application and sent it back to Semper with comments - which Semper had simply let drop. So, I spent another several months sorting that all out. With Semper continuing to give me information that was plainly wrong about the permit issuance status, again and again. * When we finally got the permit, installation was a comedy of errors. Semper operates on such a decentralized model that they cannot even keep basic scheduling or project status straight. We embarked on another six months of utter scheduling chaos. Workers would not show up when scheduled, but then would show up unannounced, having no idea at all what the status of our installation was or what they were supposed to be doing. Inspectors would show up at our house and wait around and ultimately leave frustrated because the Semper rep had failed to come. One or two scheduling screwups would be annoying, but it was relentless and constant. * When we finally got the system running, we discovered that they had basically broken our HVAC system when doing a simple add-on (soft start) to our AC system. They eventually fixed it, but not before walking away and leaving us without heat on a cold night. This list doesn't by any means capture it all - it's just the highlights. An overall problem with Semper, in addition to their decentralization, seems to be that they are understaffed. The one person I finally identified who was actually consistently helpful and knowledgeable (thank you Jessica!) had a huge workload and little assistance. What Semper needs to do is get rid of their model of using a generic customer service line (the chipper messengers) and assign a single project manager - with technical chops - to each sale. Who will see the personally project through start to finish, be consistently on top of all the scheduling and technical details, and be consistently available to the customer. And who, needless to say, should understand the legal meaning of a contract. Until and unless they completely revamp their business model, I would stay far away from this company.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Good afternoon, Ann. We appreciate you reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We value our customers and aim to provide everyone with excellent customer service, clear communication, and top-notch installations. It sounds like we did not meet those standards with your project and we would like to investigate and make things right for you. We do need a bit more information to locate your account and get started. We also received your Yelp review and have sent you a private message via Yelp requesting your details. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Apr. 26th, 2021

Juergen Habermeier Danville, CA

Project planning g an installation of panels, inverters, etc. went quite well and we were please. Main Problem is that there do not have enough good maintenance engineers. 2 years after installation one off two inverters failed and needed to be repaired/replaced. It took 3 months overall to get this done- in the meantime electricity production was at 50% of design capacity and my electrical bill went up accordingly! Same inverter failed at the end of 2000. It took the company 2 1/2 month to come and do some repairs. One of the 2 circuits is still not working. It is now 5 months before and I still can not produce the quantity designed and promised. My electricity bill still is up considerably. Also the maintenance department is very hard to reach -phone, Email do not get answered. Message box of main engineer full! Very unhappy with how I as a customer of a very expensive installation gets treated.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Juergen, thank you for bringing this to our attention. We stand by our warranties and want to make sure that your system is producing at full capacity again, as quickly as possible. Our team will be reaching out to go over the details of your system and the next steps to repair it. We appreciate your working with us towards a solution. All the best!

The Young Family Chula Vista, CA

Genevieve from Semper Solaris was very professional from beginning to end. She kept me updated on every single step. The whole process was pretty fast now my solars panels are up and running. Thankyou Genevieve for everything you did for my family. I will recommend Genevieve to all my friends and family

Ben Gilroy, CA

After reading a bunch of reviews, i feel like I also needed too. First I choose Semper to install solar panels approximately 2 years ago. They are military and first responder friendly but mostly they all did a great job. The initial contact was great, the team that came out did a professional job. I had no problems. So when the sales gentleman contacted me about getting Tesla home batteries and that I qualify for a rebate I didn’t think twice. Guess I really should have. I started this project back in March of 2020, it’s now April of 2021 and still waiting. I have been scheduled four different times to just have all four canceled for one reason or other. Using excuses as it’s raining, to it has to go back to the building department and the last one a transportation delay. Every time except for the last one I had to call and find out why nobody showed up. No one called me to inform me. I am now coming up on the end of May 2021 in four weeks and possibly losing my rebate. When I call to find out why or what is happening I get the run around. I have told them many times that if I don’t get the rebate I will have to cancel my project even if the system is up due to not being able to afford it, and they just don’t care. I had someone from the SPIG section tell me that I was wrong about my dead line being the end of this May, until I showed them the email they sent that specifically states the rebate can be voided if not completed by them. Every time I call or email the staff in San Jose it takes days for a response. Why? I would attach all the emails I have, and yes I have them all it’s one thing I have learned to do is case things like this come up, but it would be pages. The few responses I do get just say “I will get the right person to get in touch”. Still waiting. Only one person by the name of Tawny has gotten back to me the same day, everyone else takes days. I know two people, one of which I referred them to Semper that have already had their systems installed and running, while I sit here and wait. Why is it taking over 14 months to get my system installed? The meaning of Semper as I understand it is “Always faithful”, As I stated earlier I used this company because of the solar panel installation they did and the great experience I had with them. Not sure if the battery section is the same as solar or possibly different, but either way this has been the single worst experience I have ever had hiring a contractor to do work. I have really been excited about these batteries due to having PGE and they turn off power any time the wind blows, but at this point I almost don’t even care anymore. Not worth the headache. I have lost almost all faith with this company and it’s ability to communicate.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Ben, our goal is to complete each project in a timely manner with a superior installation. Over the past year, we have hit a few snags with Covid delays, especially in the Bay Area with the shelter-in-place order, and have done everything possible to expedite projects while working with building departments and utility companies. We would like to look into your account and project delays and see what we can do to make things right. We need your information to get started, so we've sent you a private message requesting your details. Please respond at your earliest convenience. Thank you.

Cheryl Rocklin, CA

I really thought I had found a good company to install our solar battery. Robin came out, was very nice and explained everything to us. We felt comfortable with him so we signed the contract and gave a $1,000.00 deposit. It took quite a while for the process to get started which I can understand. The crew that came out was very nice but they weren't able to finish the install. 1.5 months later, they finally came back to finish the install. When returning home on the day of the install, we found that most of our house didn't have any power. We weren't able to get hold of anyone at the company, so we called the installer directly. He was apologetic and came out that night to try and fix the problem. He was able to fix most of it but one-third of our kitchen and our dishwasher still had no power. After repeated calls and emails to the company, they said they would send someone out in 2 weeks. The day came and went and their person didn't show up. Again, repeated calls and emails to the company only to be told their guy called in sick and they would get back to me on when they might be able to have someone come out and fix the problem. At this point, we ended calling an electrician and paying for it out of pocket. It took a third installation date to finally finish the project. I was told I had to be home which I didn't understand as the system is outside and I didn't have to be home for either of the other 2 visits. I took a vacation day only to be told by the installer that there was no reason for me have to be home. Once the project was done, I was invoiced the final payment, which I paid. A few weeks later I get a not so nice email stating I have a past due balance and need to pay it immediately. Looking back at the invoices, I paid the amount that was invoiced each time as well as the deposit which I explained to them. They have now charged my credit card $1,000.00 which I did not authorize. Save yourself the pain and go with a company that has good customer service and stands behind their work. This company is not it.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Cheryl, thank you for reaching out and bringing this to our attention. We aim to provide each customer with a streamlined installation and excellent customer service and communication. It sounds like we have not met those standards with your project and we'd like the chance to look into it and help make things right. We will be in contact to discuss your project further. Thank you.

Steve Simi Valley, CA

Great company to work with. No push sales tactics. Our sales rep, Bob was very honest and great with follow ups. The installation was quick and smooth. Everyone showed up when they said they would. They were diligent with follow ups and taking care of any issues. My bill went from $350/mo to $2/mo. I have no regrets going with this company. Highly recommend.

Gregory Smith San Diego, CA

We recommend Semper Solaris because they are veteran friendly and employ mostly veteran associated personnel. They had the right price and explained everything with no pressure to buy. I am a disabled Veteran and my wife is a 24/7 caregiver. The sales person explained in detail so both of us understood the process and the timing involved. Everyone that worked on our installation was timely, informative and like family – the good kind! Our timing was at the end of 2019 where everyone was trying to capture Tax credits. The communication was a bit slow in the beginning but Semper hired a delightful person that quickly eliminated that problem. We liked their placement of the panels showing nothing from the street view. Theft is on the rise in our area. Installing solar is a very complex procedure getting permits from HOA, SDGE and inspections but Semper Solaris emailed with visuals showing us each step and who, what, when, and where they were in the process and making sure it was hooked up to our Wi-Fi. It’s nice to be able to touch my phone app and see how the system is doing and producing. We even got a call from Semper Solaris a month after installation saying there was an issue with a panel and they scheduled another nice person to come and fix the issue at no cost. The company was above and beyond for this veteran and his wife.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Gregory, thank you so much for sharing your Semper Solaris experience with this thoughtful review! We also want to thank both you and your wife for your service and sacrifice for our country. We aim to honor our veterans by providing a work environment that allows them to shine and it sounds like our team did just that. We know going solar can be a bit complex and we're happy to hear that our consultant and project manager made it easy to navigate and get the permits, applications, and inspections handled for you. We also love that you're enjoying the monitoring app on your phone as it's a great tool to keep an eye on your system's health and solar production. Thank you again for your support and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Nov. 25th, 2020

Michael Atkins Ladera Ranch, CA

I don't write many reviews but feel it is necessary that I provide my experience so those considering Semper Solaris as their Solar Provider will be informed to not make the same mistake I did. I started this journey as most of you do by researching all the companies in a competitive space to make sure you are making the right choice. I met with Several companies and had it narrowed down to a very well known business that has been in the solar industry longer than anyone else nationally. However; there were some appealing things about Semper Solaris at the time that I appreciated and being a Military Vet myself; that was important to me. I was then persuaded by free Tesla 2 Power Walls as part of the package; that made it hard to turn down and giving back to my military brothers and sisters would have been a good choice so I made the choice to go with Semper Solaris. Well...I started this project with Semper Solaris in September of last year with the promise that I'd have Solar Panels and batteries before the end of the year last year so I could take advantage of the Solar Tax credit. Here I am at the end of March the following year with nothing to show for. Had the government not extended the Solar Tax Credit for another 2 years, this would have been a huge disappointment as the Tax Credit was supposed to go down significantly in 2021 which was another selling tactic by Semper Solaris, bullying tactic really. If it weren't for me calling and emailing their customer service; I would have not gotten the information they were sitting on for almost a month...so I was told. They were aware that I was not able to get the batteries and that the State Rebate ran out so now I was left with nothing but a work order to now have to pay another 10K... I'm no business man but I do understand dollars and cents, doesn't take a genius to know that is not how business should be done. The problem was; I was setup for failure from the get go and a design that was over provisioned. That information should have been communicated to me as soon if not within the week this information was given to Semper Solaris. This should have been taken into account if the selling point is getting free batteries instead of designing an over provisioned system that I can only assume was in their favor not mine. Now...after communicating all of this to customer support, texting the Sales Person whom I would never hear back from and customer support not answering emails and if they did or if I were so lucky to get a call; it was the same old thing, we will talk to the sales person, we will forward the email to the sales person, we are sorry you are going through this experience...we will get this resolved...blah blah blah. I have not seen any action or communication to me on how to get this resolved and that was over a month ago. Remember; I started this project with Semper Solaris in September of 2020 and March 2021 is coming to an end so it's been 7 months and nothing to show for. It has been a complete waste of time filled with frustration and disappointment. I know had I gone with the company I was just about to hire; I would not be in the position I am in today...I have had absolutely nothing done and my neighbors around me who started after me already have panels up and running on their roofs. I'd give 0 stars to Semper Solaris if I could My advice to anyone considering Semper Solaris; I would highly recommend you do your research and find another company...don't make the same mistake I did.

Reply from Semper Solaris

3.30.21 - Hi Michael, thank you for your service and sacrifice for our country. We appreciate your choosing Semper Solaris as a way to support your fellow veterans and we want to make you proud. Our goal is to install all projects as quickly as possible while going through the proper channels and installing top-notch solar and backup battery projects. We are looking into your project to see where the hold-up lies, and what we can do to make things right for you. Our team has reached out to discuss the details further. Please respond at your earliest convenience, thank you.

Mar. 31st, 2021

Bill San Diego, CA

Horrible Company. Their communication skill with the customer are terrible. Nothing but lies, excuses and delays, which lead to several change orders, that leads to thousands of dollars more. My job consisted of new HVAC, new roof , solar and gutters. ($58K to start) Everything up to date was under sold. Which means I had to pay more on their continual mistakes on how to measure properly the first time (now I'm closer to $68K). I expected some change orders, but not on everything. First of all, the workmanship / finish work on the HVAC side of the house was horrendous. But they came back and fixed/repaired the multitude problems. In my experience, nothing but problem after problem with this company, But, I will give 5 stars to the roof installers, extremely hard workers who did a great job, very professional and did the job right the first time. They say they are veteran owned and hire veterans, Not on my job site. If I had a vet on my job site, it would have been done right the first time. Um, that maybe why many of those who were on my job are no longer with the company, umm, makes you wonder. I wonder if the owners know how FUBAR their company is or are they just blind to it all. I say this because my project started over a year ago, and they still are not finished. I think/know Semper Solaris are going though a lot of changes, either by have great employees who see how FUBAR the operations are and thy find jobs else where and by finally firing the FUBAR employee/manager(s). I have several pages of documented problems with my project. Do yourself a favor, shop around. Don't believe their advertisements. There are honest companies out there, just not this one in my opinion.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Bill, we appreciate you sharing your experience and giving credit to the roofing team for their hard work and professionalism. All of our projects should reflect these high standards and we would like to look into your project and help make things right for you. We've sent you a private message requesting your account details so we can get started. Please respond to that when you get a chance. Thank you.

Apr. 2nd, 2021

Lorrbal Sacramento, CA

My experience with Raedene has been five star. She helped me with my Tesla Powerwalls. She's professional. Always takes her time with me. Answers all my questions. Always available for me. Raedene is Wonder Woman!

Jennipher Lorber San Marcos, CA

I received several quotes from several companies. I was lucky enough to meet with Genevieve J with Semper and I'm so glad I did! She was so incredibly knowledgeable. She was not a pushy sales woman but more of an educator. She honestly just wanted us to know everything possible to make an educated decision from there whether that was with Semper or not. The company we were originally going for was cheaper but encouraged us to install fewer panels. Genevieve was more expensive but educated us on why the additional panels were necessary. Now we are one year later and let me tell you... Genevieve was SPOT ON with her calculations! We settled up at the end of the year with the power company and we only owed $70. INCREDIBLY accurate! Had we gone with the other company, we would have owed several hundred dollars! Semper isn't necessarily the cheapest but I truly believe you get what you pay for. Their products are top notch and their customer service is wonderful from Veronica to Vinny. Do yourself a favor and go with Semper. We have had ZERO problems. 5 stars all the way! Thank you.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Jennipher, we appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris out of all the solar companies you met with. Genevieve is great at explaining the benefits and inner workings of solar and helping each customer find a solar panel system that will work specifically for your home and energy needs. We may not be the cheapest option, but we are proud to offer top-of-the-line, American-made equipment, and take care of our customers. We're so happy to hear that your true up energy bill for the entire year was only $70, that's fantastic! Here's to many more years of reduced energy costs and freedom from SDG&E!

Oct. 20th, 2020

MikeC San Diego, CA

We had been thinking about getting solar for some time and finally decided to take the plunge. It did not hurt that we will be getting a tax credit as well! The entire process from start to finish was phenomenal! Genevieve, who was the sales person, was always prompt, friendly and very knowledgeable about the company and the product. She always, and I mean always, replied to our emails and answered all of our questions. Once we signed, the team at Semper Solaris were always communicating and providing status as to what was going to happen next and when. A big thanks to Veronica and Vinny, Cesar, Mark. They are awesome. It was just a pleasant experience from start to end. The actual solar installation took one day! The only lengthy wait we had was SDGE which is out of the hands of any solar company and the customer. Overall, excellent customer service to everyone we interacted with, especially Genevieve and Billie! Thank you. We are now enjoying our solar system!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Mike, thank you so much for this stellar review! We're pleased to hear that Genevieve provided an excellent consultation, was prompt, friendly, knowledgeable, and was able to answer ALL of your questions regarding your solar energy system and installation. We're proud of our whole team, Genevieve, Billie, Veronica, Vinny, Cesar, Mark and everyone who worked on your project and helped you make the jump to solar so you could start saving money and helping the environment at the same time. Here's to a long future of solar production and reduced dependency on your utility company!

Oct. 16th, 2020

Chris Golden Carlsbad, CA

To whom it may concern, Semper Solaris recently completed a Solar/HVAC Project at my home at the end of July 2020. I wanted to take a few moments to comment on my experience with Semper Solaris. Please ensure the Owner, Kelly, receives this feedback. Background: I took about two months researching solar options and educating myself about solar. I also got formal quotes from three separate solar companies (one of which was Semper). I am a Quality Assurance Engineer by training and like most engineers we like to understand how things work allowing us to make informed decisions. My first contact with Semper Solaris was with Rhami H in Sales. In a word Rhami was “outstanding!” He was extremely patient with my endless barrage of questions. He was always polite and courteous. And most importantly he was always available throughout all phases of the Solar/HVAC project. I have seen other folks in Sales in other industries who seem to disappear after a contract is signed. This was not the case with Rhami. Not only would Rhami always respond to my inquiries but he would do so typically within minutes. This level of customer service and dedication is not the norm in my experience and Rhami makes an exemplary front man for Semper Solaris. I was astounded how fast the solar crew installed my (11) panels. Granted there were about five guys who showed up at my house but each was completely clear on what their responsibilities were and went right to it. Forgive me as I do not recall the foreman’s name but he was a complete professional. He took his time to carefully answer the questions I had for him (and I had many). After the installation was complete he spent some time explaining how the system works and went over the system operation. In addition, I had the pleasure of meeting Mark K who personally came out to my house to ensure I was completely satisfied with the solar installation. Mark also spent some time with me explaining how the system works and went over its proper operation. Next was the HVAC project. I was extremely pleased with Mack and Stephen who installed the system. Mack was really impressive on his knowledge of the A/C and Heater. Like the other folks at Semper I had plenty of questions for Mack. He would stop what he was doing to give me his complete attention and thoughtfully answer my questions. A complete professional despite his young age. My wife and I have done many home improvement projects over the last 7 years or so. These included a major kitchen renovation, installed all new sliding doors and windows, a major backyard renovation, followed by the most recent Solar/HVAC project. I can honestly say with absolutely no reservations that Semper Solaris was head and shoulders above all these other contractors. From the responsive, courteous staff to the outstanding workmanship and professionalism. Even both City Inspectors who signed off on the Solar and HVAC projects independently commented on how Semper Solaris’s workmanship is the best they ever see. They even complimented me and my wife for choosing Semper Solaris. Finally, as a US Navy veteran I was naturally drawn to giving Semper Solaris a hard look when selecting a contractor for our project. Your television commercials do in fact live up to the hype. Absolutely outstanding! Thank-you Kelly for your dedication to excellence. You should be extremely proud of your employees and the work they do.

Richard Rivera Santa Ana, CA

great company. Had a small unit installed thinking they didn't want nothing to do with me. the rep Genevieve was the best they are lucky to have a great employee. she was informative, nice and professional. love to 6.00 electric bill as well.

Kyle Burson Oceanside, CA

Semper Solaris – Michael G and his amazing team of professionals - our lifeline! Moving to a 2-story home, 3x larger than the condo we moved from, a pool and spa in the back yard – and utility bills skyrocketing - we quickly realized Solar was essential. Based on research, we selected three companies to interview, and Semper Solaris was clearly so far superior to the others that there was no choice to be made. From the moment Michael G arrived for our appointment, the rest was flawless. Michael had already done extensive research on our property, had our solar plan designed, and opened his computer and walked us through the education we needed to make the decision easy. True to its Mission Statement, Semper Solaris is a company who exemplifies honesty, high integrity, and is dedicated to what is best for its customers; no oversell, no undersell but simply what is needed for maximum solar efficiency. Further, the entire installation project, working with a team of dedicated experts, was seamless, flowed smoothly, and was completed, inspected, and approved in a few short weeks. We are very grateful to the whole Semper Solaris team!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Kyle, thank you for taking the time to write this wonderful review and for complimenting Michael and the whole team! We aim for the best and hold our team to our high standards of honesty and integrity, and as you said, we're dedicated to designing a solar energy system that is best for our customers. We know that when upsizing from a condo to a house with a pool and spa, the energy costs can be a huge shock, and we're elated that we could help design a solar panel system to fit your energy needs and budget. Please know that we are here for any questions or system needs that arise in the future. Congratulations on going solar and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Jun. 15th, 2020

Dana B Los Angeles, CA

They had great customer service. Any time we had questions they were always quick to answer and anytime a problem popped up they took care of it. The roof \came out great and the prices were fantasic.

Matthew Brink Las Vegas, NV

Stop looking now.. Semper Solaris is the company to install your solar! After some extensive research and a horrific experience with another company in the past, I was very hesitant to trust a solar company again. I chose Semper Solaris because they were a military-affiliated company. Best decision I ever made! From a very professional & zero pressure sit down discussion with consultant Rhami H (needs a raise or promotion) to the team who installed our panels & equipment to the inspectors, nothing but extremely professional and efficient service! I review a lot of feedback on companies before I hire anyone. I knew I could trust this company based on their military affiliation-did not dissapoint at all! Thank you Semper team for reinstating my trust & confidence again & representing what our military stands for; honesty, integrity & results! Start to finish took less than 2 months to officially get our PTO! Very impressed! The Brink Family

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you for this amazing review, Matthew! We appreciate you choosing Semper Solaris because of our military background and are proud to hear that our team performed, with honesty, integrity, and top-quality results. We're thrilled to hear that Rhami and the team reinstated your trust and confidence in solar companies and also home improvement contractors. Here's to a bright future filled with energy production and savings!

Jun. 16th, 2020

John E Evans Oceanside, CA

Michael G was our rep and was very informative, helpful. First- the process took about 8+ weeks, which seems very good. Princess E is very responsive and very helpful. She either answered my question or found the person who could. She was the highlight of the process. Billie J was helpful. Her voice mail was full one time. But every time Princess referred my email to Billie, Billie answered promptly. The installation went well. The city building inspection had to be rescheduled when your company rep missed the city inspector the first time which delayed the process 3-4 days. Of course, the 8AM-12PM time frame SDG&E required makes it difficult for your company. The city forwarded the paperwork to SDG&E quickly and SDG&E approved the PTO quickly. So far, the process has been very good. I just need to see the panels work and produce enough energy for our uses but that will take a couple of months. I realize I new very little about solar energy. I am now anxious to see it work! Thank you very much. I have had the system over two months and has worked well, no electric bills from SDG&E. I will refer everyone to Mike.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi John, thank you so much for writing this awesome review, and sharing your experience throughout your solar installation! We're happy to hear that our team shared their solar knowledge, installed your solar energy system in a timely fashion, and also answered your questions and kept you up to date during your project. There can be many moving hands on a project including ourselves, the city, and SDG&E, and we thank you for understanding the scheduling hiccup. We know you are going to love seeing your system operate, produce energy, and save you lots of money for a very long time. We really appreciate you complimenting Michael, Princess, and Billie, and we will surely pass them along to the team. Thanks again John!

Apr. 3rd, 2020

Charles Brown La Jolla, CA

I recommend using Semper Solaris for your solar system. I was very happy with their entire process. They do a quality job for a reasonable price. I was referred to sales rep Gavin Pringle by a friend who was very happy with her solar system as well as her roof replacement. Gavin presented his recommendation for my system design based on my prior electrical usage. He offered several alternative systems I could chose from, but no high pressure to pick the most expensive. Then he included several discounts that brought the cost per watt for the system after rebates and tax credits down to $2.33/watt. This was less than SunRun or Costco. And was for the Panasonic 330 panels. So I signed the contract. However, my installation was a little different as I was just starting a major remodel and couldn’t install the panels for another 8 months until the new roof was installed. I wanted them to prewire the conduit for the connection from panels to inverter in the attic space before drywall was installed. Also I wanted the inverter in the garage. And I wanted the ethernet connection to be hard wired not wifi for better reliability. After talking with Mike and Mark, they were able to all of that on my schedule. After my drywall was installed and the roof installed, they came out a second time to install the panels and hook up the system. All done very professionally. Within a few days I received permission from SDGE to operate the system and it has been working well. Gavin followed up on making sure my friend received her referral fee, and that I received my Panasonic rebate. So Semper Solaris did what they promised, were easy to contact with questions, met my scheduling needs, and did a professional installation. I am very happy I went with them.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, thank you for this awesome review, Charles! We're thrilled to hear that Gavin was able to share his solar knowledge, show you the best solar system options, and design a solar energy system that works specifically for your home and energy needs. Our team works really hard to accommodate our customer's scheduling and special requests, and we couldn't be happier knowing that Mike and Mark worked with your renovation timeline, installed the conduit inside the walls, placed the inverter in your garage, and hardwired the monitoring module. We hope you enjoy your newly remodeled home, your new solar panel system, and all the energy savings that come along with it. Congratulations on going solar with Semper Solaris!

Dec. 20th, 2019

Robert F. Chula Vista, CA

We looked around and we asked a couple people who had solar, and our son had his solar installed with Semper Solaris and he really loved his system. The installer, Chad and the team, were easy to talk to, very nice, and explained everything quite well. They color matched the conduit, and were very helpful. Billie J was really good at answering our phone calls. We really liked the after-installation support as well, they have been great. Courtney was extremely helpful and very patient, and gave us a great explanation of monitoring. We are a little bit picky, and we are very happy with our solar. Oh yeah, we would definitely recommend Semper Solaris to everyone.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you so much for this wonderful review, Robert! We're elated to hear that all of our team members, Chad and his crew, Billie, and Courtney, the whole Semper team, were all so helpful throughout your solar project. It truly is a team effort and we're happy that our team impressed you with their communication, knowledge, and attention to detail. Wishing you many many years of solar production and energy savings. Congratulations on going solar and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Aug. 16th, 2019

Steve B Oceanside, CA

Wow!!! I had eight bids and Semper Solaris got my vote (fyi, I had to replace my roof too). I rated price, quality of panels and sales tactics. Semper Solaris had the best pricing on a 4.6 KW system, the Panasonic panels are made in Buffalo, NY and Mike W was honest and never pressured me in buying from them. I did six months of research on what I needed using resources such as Energy Sage and other tools. Without a doubt I would recommend any of my friends and family to give Mike W. a call. My neighbor had the same experience and just got his panels up and running. As for my experience from the company. Every person from the roofing crew, the panel crew and office team was exceptional. Their roofers were clean, reliable and hard working. The panel crew was the same and walked me through each phase of their work. The office crew was the epitome of customer service.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you so much for this awesome review, Steve! We're so thankful that you chose to go with Semper Solaris over all the other solar and roofing companies that you met with. We aim to provide a pressure-free consultation and hands-off installation process for our customers. We're thrilled to hear that all of our team members, from office to roofing to solar, treated you with exceptional service and walked you through the process step by step. We know you're going to enjoy all the energy savings from your new solar panels and the safety and security of your new roof. Thanks again for the recommendations, and welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Aug. 1st, 2019

Rick Abend

I was referred to Semper Solaris by a coworker about two years ago. Yes. It took me two years to make my decision as to which company I was going to go with. I explored the ones you see at Costco, Home Depot and Lowe’s; however, there was just something about them that didn’t sit right with me. Being a veteran myself, I try to support veteran owned businesses. I decided to give Semper Solaris a shot at he job. I contacted Genevieve from Semper Solaris and let her know my situation and my concerns. She explained EVERYTHING ( lease vs purchase, true up billing, upgrade options, financing, and any other questions and concerns I had ). Response time from Genevieve was either immediate or within an hour. Now at ease and fully understanding what the process was, we felt comfortable enough to make the leap to solar with Semper Solaris. There was absolutely no pressure for add ons like Tesla wall or other things. I had to send in my past SDG&E bills which conservatively run around $300 to $500 ( pool/electric spa and an air conditioning unit that we rarely run because it is so expensive. They could personalize a system for us. We got 32 (300W) solar panels and an upgraded power panel/circuit breaker box as our place was built in late 60’s. Genevieve, Veronica, Vinny, Billie, and Matthew all worked together to submit city permits, liaison with SDG&E and scheduling installation and inspections. I don’t know the names of the installers, but they were punctual, clean, profession, courteous and answered all my questions in layman’s terms. It took them about a day and a half to put up the panels and another 6 hours to upgrade my circuit panel. For us, from the time we agreed to put in solar to the time we were fully up and running was about one month. Billie and Genevieve were exceptional helpful with sending me follow up emails to make sure everything was working well and they also walked me through the Solar Edge app which lets you see how much power you are generating. I have been running my air conditioning at 70° this entire billing cycle, cranked the spa to 104° and running the pool pump about 7 hours a day just to see what the bill would be. Ended up being $42.17. WOW !!! I had heard so many horror stories from friend about other solar companies and now I just tell them they should have gone with Semper Solaris 🇺🇸. Top Notch company. Thank You again for everything.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Rick, thank you so much for taking the time to share your solar story and writing this wonderful review! Of course, we always love hearing great feedback from our customers, and we're thrilled that you had such an exceptional solar experience with our team. Billie, Genevieve, Veronica, Vinny, Matthew and the rest of the crew are all valued members of our Semper Solaris family and we appreciate you acknowledging each of them for their contribution to the success of your solar project. Here's to many many years of using your pool pump, spa heater, and air conditioner as much as you'd like, all year long. We're happy to be the company to help you get freedom from your utility company. Congratulations on going solar!

Aug. 1st, 2019

S. Steingraber Borrego Springs, CA

Best decision we ever made was to go Solar and Semper Solaris was our choice of companies to install it. Seamless from start to finish, every aspect was done in-house, no second or third parties to deal with. They always keep you apprised of the sequence of work or what will happen next. There were some minor issues along the way but everything got resolved, we still give them 5 stars, nothing is perfect. We have had credit on our electric bill for the last 5 months and we live in the desert! Don’t wait or be afraid of the investment, this investment will pay for itself. Can’t say that about buying a new car. Sold on Solar in Borrego Springs. Thanks Semper Solaris, you guys are the best of the best. Scott and Deb S.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you so much for taking the time to write this fantastic review, Scott and Deb! We are grateful that you chose Semper Solaris to do your solar panel install, and appreciate that you worked with us throughout the whole process. Unfortunately things can come up, and we're glad that you were understanding in that all things are not perfect. We're thrilled to hear that you're earning credits on your utility bill, during these hot summer months, using the AC as much as you'd like. Congratulations on going solar, here's to many more years of energy savings!

Jul. 22nd, 2019

Scott P Lancaster, CA

Our home inspector recommended Semper Solaris since they did his home. We met with Bob K who got us all set up. We were in the middle of a refi and Semper kept up with us and waited until we were ready to move forward. That was huge. It was a flawless install – they explained what each step was throughout the process. Semper kept us apprised of all the inspections and handled all of it. Now that our system is turned on we’ve seen savings and love having the freedom to use energy the way we want to – we like it colder especially in the summertime! Highly recommend working with Semper Solaris and Bob K for all your solar needs

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow Scott, thank you so much for this amazing review! We're proud to have Bob on our Semper Solaris team and are glad to hear that he and our team explained what to expect throughout the solar project and were able to work with your refi schedule to make the process go smoothly. We know you're going to enjoy the freedom to use electricity how you want to and also all the savings that your new solar energy system brings. Congratulations on going solar with Semper Solaris!

Jul. 8th, 2019

Sean H. San Marcos, CA

I looked at several companies for solar before going with Semper Solaris. Gavin came out and was great at providing an overview of their product and how the system would work. The project manager (Mark) and installer (Mike) were amazing. They communicated with me all the way through the process. They shared tips on the system and completed the job in less time than I expected. I saw an immediate difference in my SDGE bill after the first cycle. Semper even did a final walk through (thanks Courtney) to show me more about the system and monitoring app. Thanks for the great service. I'd highly recommend.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, thanks you for taking the time to write this amazing review, Sean! We're pretty proud of our team here at Semper Solaris, and we are thrilled to hear that Gavin, Mark, Mike, and Courtney took such great care with you and your home, throughout the whole installation process. We want each and every customer to know that you are valued and that we truly appreciate your business. We're also very happy to help you switch to solar, and get freedom from SDGE and their costly energy bills. We know you'll enjoy those energy bill savings for a long time to come. Welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

May. 24th, 2019

Andrew Huston Oceanside, CA

Fantastic! Our project was done excellently with the help of Rhami our sales rep & the great crews of Semper Solaris. My 50 yr roof looks great, Night Sky black shingles and white fascia with white gutters. My neighbor stopped by to give me compliments. My Panasonic system came with the best warranties and the SolarEdge per panel monitoring was far superior to Sunpower’s monitoring which does not allow for per panel. Vincent & Veronica kept me up to date and were very helpful in answering all my questions. Rhami was responsive through out and set my expectations properly and I highly recommend this company!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thanks for this awesome review, Andrew! We're thrilled to hear that Rhami, Vincent, and Veronica took such great care of you. We know you're going to enjoy your sleek new roof, fascia, gutters, and especially your shiny new Panasonic solar panels and Solar Edge inverter and monitoring. It's so handy to see each panel's production and the playback feature for each day or week. Congratulations on making the big decision to go solar!

Chloe Henderson, NV

We had a great experience working with Semper Solaris!! Genevieve was great to work with. We were referred to her by our co-worker. Is was friendly and answered all of questions through the process, she really knows her stuff. Most on home sales presentations are high pressure and this wasn’t like this at all. Love that they are military owned and operated since almost all the mean in our family are military. Love the way they installed my families system. I’ve seen a lot of other panels sitting really high off the roof where ours look super sleek! The project moved faster than expected. We were installed and turned on within 8 days!!! The guys were super friendly who installed the system and cleaned up after they were done. We’ve already referred our neighbors who signed a contract last week!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Wow, Chloe, thank you for this awesome review! Please thank your whole family for your service and sacrifice. We are always honored to provide services for those who have served our country. We're also pleased to hear that Genevieve was able to provide a knowledgeable and pressure-free consultation, and she and the team made your installation process a breeze. Thank you for the recommendations, we know you will all enjoy your solar energy systems and utility bill savings for a long long time. Congratulations on going solar!

Glen J. Moreno Valley, CA

My overall experience with Semper Solaris was great. The only thing I regret, is not doing it sooner. Blake was very knowledgeable and had a lot of information. The installation process happened prertty quickly with no real problems. I initially had a concern with the guys being up on the tile roof, but they took good care while up there. It only took them two days to complete. We've really enjoyed having the very light bills, there was only one bill in December during a really rainy month, that we had to pay $40 but otherwise bills have been extremely low. I would recommend Semper Solaris to everyone I know!

Reply from Semper Solaris

Thank you so much for this fantastic review, Glen! We're so glad that you pulled the trigger on getting solar and are grateful that you chose Semper Solaris to do the install. Blake is a valued asset on our team, and we're pleased to hear that he shared his solar knowledge and helped you make the right decision on your solar energy system. Congratulations on going solar! Here's to many more years of extremely low bills and credits from your utility company!

Erynn C. Beaumont, CA

I had a really great experience with Semper Solaris and i am very happy with the system. I had been thinking about getting solar for years, but put it off until I felt technology was worthwhile. Blake L was very knowledgeable, came out and explained the whole system, and all the options. Having a low interest loan to fund the purchase helped quite a bit too. I did have an appointment with another company, but after I met with Blake, I cancelled my other appointment. The installers did a really good job and worked great as a team. They ran the conduit and lines very cleanly too. I like that my inverter is inside the garage and protected. The system has been producing consistently and I really don't have to do anything, it runs itself. I was so eager to turn on the system, but patiently waited. The SolarEdge monitoring is easy to use and I check it almost every day or so. My favorite part was getting a $23 credit on my first "bill". The entire process was easy, upfront and very informative. It went very quick, actually faster than I thought.

Reply from Semper Solaris

Hi Erynn and John, thank you so much for taking the time to write this amazing review! We're so glad that you finally made the decision to move forward with your solar energy system and we're grateful that you chose Semper Solaris to do the installation. We're also happy to hear that Blake impressed you so much with his solar knowledge and explanations, that you cancelled your appointment with the other company and went with us. Our team prides itself on quality workmanship and we're glad that they took great care in installing the panels, inverter, and running the conduit cleanly and quickly. Here's to many many more years of energy savings and utility bill credits! Welcome to the Semper Solaris family!

Kevin and Amy N. San Diego, CA

Mark explained every detail. We learned a lot because this was all new for us. The timing he gave us was very accurate, 6-8 weeks. The service was great and we are happy with it! We're comparing our panels to our neighbors, and we're very happy with our system. Semper Solaris did the upgraded panels the right way. Billie helped us through the whole process, and she was great throughout and got me through the whole experience. I give her 5 stars. She was able to get everything done fast. Courtney helped us set up the monitoring and download the app and explain in detail. It ended up being very simple. From the beginning to the final step, we learned a lot about our solar.

SALLY TAFOYA Chula Vista, CA

I GAVE SEMPER SOLARIS A 5 STAR BECAUSE: FOR SOME YEARS MY MOM HAS BEEN THINKING OF GETTING SOLAR PANELS BUT DIDN'T KNOW WHAT COMPANY TO TRUST. MY PARTNER AT WORK MENTIONED THAT HIS WIFE NICOLE WORKED FOR SEMPER SOLARIS AND THAT SHE WOULD MAKE SURE MY MOM WAS TAKEN CARE OF. FROM HAVING CONVERSATIONS WITH MY MOM, SHE WAS VERY HAPPY WITH THE PROCESS AND INSTALLATION OF THE SOLAR PANELS WITH SEMPER SOLARIS. SHE SAID EVERYONE WAS SO NICE AND THE PROCESS WAS SMOOTH. SHE WAS VERY HAPPY TO HAVE GONE WITH SEMPER SOLARIS AND THAT NICOLE SAW HER THROUGH THE WHOLE PROCESS... THANK YOU SEMPER SOLARIS! AND THANK YOU NICOLE L.!! SALLY'S SON, ANDREW T.

Clark Carlton Los Angeles, CA

We had a problem -- a "spider" on our flat roof or ducting which prevented us from getting solar panels. Every company we tried would come out, tell us it was a no go. The thing was, we could see our neighbors had a similar roof and they had solar panels. We gave Semper Solaris a call and Bob King came out, took a look at our roof, took a look at our neighbors, and said yes, they could do it. After that it was all very smooth and the work was completed on time and in a respectful, unobtrusive way for a reasonable price. Our reasons were more environmental than economic, but we no longer dread our electric bills -- they have plummeted! We are planing on extending our solar panels system at our desert rentals and the only company we will be talking to is Semper.

Jamie M Lake Elsinore, CA

I was very excited to get solar on my home. Just the savings alone was going to have such a big impact on my family’s budget, so we wouldn’t be concerned about those pesky electric bills. My husband and I had talked to a few solar companies, but it wasn’t until we had an educated consultation from Semper Solaris that we decided to make the investment. After our initial meeting, then the calls with the corporate office to finalize the plans, to the final installation we didn’t have a single issue. Once we made it to installation day, Matthew W and his team were beyond professional when answering our questions (regardless of how silly they were) with the final result and walk through of our system. I am so happy my family went with Semper Solaris for our energy needs. I feel like the relationship we built is going to be around for the long haul.

Michael Stevenson Oceanside, CA

I would like to say I went out to get 4 estimates for Solar and had some outrages quotes until Mark I from Semper Solaris came over. First let me tell you the other three gave me cost ranges of over ten thousand dollars differences and all wanted to repair or upgrade my electrical panel at additional 3-5k more. Then when they heard the other quotes, they wanted to match that quote. Kind of late don’t you think. Mark I came over very polite and asked to see my electrical panel, by the way he was the only one that looked at the panel. After a glance of the meter we went inside, sat down and he explained the company he seemed so proud of. Then we got into the meat and potatoes. He was over ten thousand less and his product sounded better. Panasonic has a great name base and I asked about the efficiency which he proudly told me and of course I had been researching efficiency and Panasonic beat the others. Then when I asked about my electrical panel and how much he delighted me by saying they did not have to upgrade they would be putting in SDGEs box which did two things, saved me money and Mark I said should cut down time because SDGEs equipment is added so they like to see it working. Well Mark Ivory and Semper Solaris were stating they would cut down time and put up a superior product. I did weigh all options and I went with Semper Solaris. As promised the time frame was cut down and Mark I kept me informed the whole process. Delivering what they say seemed to be the norm. Semper Solaris would say next step should be in two to three weeks and a week later it was done. Mark I seems to be working for a team that cares and wants customers satisfied. And I am completely satisfied with Semper Solaris.

Jack Poway, CA

Last Fall we decided to look into solar since our electric bill continued to rise. We interviewed two prominent solar companies in the San Diego area and decided on Semper Solaris primarily due to our Senior Energy and Roof Consultant, Rhami H. Rhami was very professional and anytime I had a question he responded promptly. One of the best Reps I have ever had. He represents his company very well and Semper Solaris should be very proud of him. Unfortunately, I had a serious medical issue so decided not to go forward with the project. If you are looking at solar I definitely recommend Rhami H at Semper Solaris.

Jim G Carlsbad, CA

Mark I. of Semper Solaris is an outstanding representative and solar expert. He follows through on every aspect of the process and keeps you informed of progress and next steps. I was referred to Mark by some long time 40+ year friends who said he had helped them get solar installed on their house. Mark did a phenomenal job on my first house and my SDG&E bills evaporated! Throughout the time I owned the home any time the solar went off line (you can check how much energy you are generating with the great APP) or any question I had Semper Solaris was outstanding and quickly resolved the issue. They sent replacement parts to connect to the internet or came to my house to fix it at no cost, which is great service! They are a veteran owned company and I appreciate that since I am also a veteran, they take good care of the people who have served our country. I sold my old home and bought a new one. Despite my neighbor’s recommendations to use the company that did their home who just had solar installed, I called Mark and he came out and it is impressive to see the advances in technology in just a few short years and the great growth of Semper Solaris. I trust Mark, he is a professional, he follows up, answers emails and texts in a rapid manner and I know he will make sure I get the best possible service and solar system at a great price. He has become someone I can trust and I have recommended him to others who have also purchased solar through Mark and Semper Solaris. I purchased my new system from Mark and we are going through the process of approvals, permits, installation and eventually turn on and I know I can count on Mark to make it happen. I highly recommend you contact Mark and Semper Solaris for installation of solar on your house. With some of their new loan programs it is basically free, you can pay it off over time by replacing your SDG&E bill payment with a solar payment or just pay up front, whatever works best for you. Don’t wait get it done now and take advantage of it, take advantage of all of our SoCal sunshine, help the environment, eliminate your electric bill and enjoy it for the rest of your life in your wonderful home!

Will Rodgr San Diego, CA

Solar system is complete and generating solar power! Being a former Navy Captain I reached out to Semper Solaris since they are veteran owned and operated. My wife and I met with Genevieve the solar representative. She was very informative and took the time to explain everything very thoroughly and was very patient answering all of our questions. She's the girl you need to talk with about solar! We had shopped around and the price was right in the middle of all our quotes, we never go with the cheapest. Made that mistake before! The office did a great job at communication through the entire project. SDGE of course was a little bit of a pain to work with waiting for them to install my RMA. The installer were very friendly and did the job faster than I expected. They cleaned up the job site and even knocked on the door when hey were leaving to say bye. The system was turned on only 3 days after inspection had been completed! I've read it takes some companies weeks or even months which scared me. Semper did a great job and I'm excited to finally tell SDGE to stick it once and for all!

Lori W Corona, CA

When I placed a call to Semper Solaris, I immediately received a phone call back from Kurt to set up an appointment. I was impressed by how timely the return call was. After meeting with him, I was convinced this was the company I was going to use for my new solar panels. The benefits of going solar are well worth the investment. The discount for the tax credit was a big savings. We looked into the Hero program but decided to go with another financing option. The installation was pretty quick and the installers did a good job with clean up after they were finished. Looking forward to seeing a big savings on electricity. Great job!

Jonis Moreno Diamond Bar, CA

I purchased my home a few years ago and noticed a spike in electricity costs during the summer months. This is my first time owning a home with a pool and didn’t think it would effect my electricity bill too much. Then I realized having a pool made my home the “go to” hang out spot and entertaining guests became a second job. My AC is in full gear most days and my teenage boys have friends over constantly. I finally decided to consider alternative options to save money and become more environmentally friendly. I met with Kurt V and he analyzed my electricity bill in detail. He is very professional and answered all of my questions. He’s extremely knowledgeable and really listened and addressed all of my concerns. If you are considering solar, talk to Kurt. He will educate you on solar without the typical sales pitch. He really knows his stuff. Thank you Kurt!

Fazal Ahmad Anaheim, CA

Bernie T Sales Rep from Semper Solaris came to our home and performed monthly usage electric analysis based on the last one year utility bills. Based on the total monthly KWH calculation usage, Bernie provided me 20 Panels Photovoltaic Panasonic 330 watts system with an electric panels upgrades to 200 amps from 100 amps. On the day of installation Eriz the Semper Solaris supervisor with his team came on time and installed the solar panels with in few hours. The electrical panel upgrades was done by Hussain a Semper Electrician so beautifully and precisely. The stucco around new electrical panel was put in perfectly and most importantly the color matching of the wall was exactly the same and painted by Eriz. They cleaned the area before leaving. I have worked with so many vendors but Semper Solaris stands out on the top. From the sales paperwork to actual operating of Solar Panels is literally mind blowing. I would highly recommend Semper Solaris for Photovoltaic needs.

Dennis Dillon Palmdale, CA

I met with four companies prior to meeting with Robert A of Semper Solaris. He was punctual, professional, attentive to my needs, and courteous. He provided me with all my options and allowed me to decide which product was best for my situation. In the end, I went with the option that the four other companies failed to show me. Robert was happy to come back out, sign me up, and explain the next steps. He showed up every time a Semper Solaris truck drove up and hasn't missed a single phone call whenever a question arises. I'm looking forward to recommending Robert and Semper Solaris to every homeowner (family, friend, or neighbor) that is tired of their electricity bills!

A. Bardoux San Francisco, CA

When my wife and I decided to go solar things became a bit overwhelming. There is so many companies out there and they a bit annoying. I get bombarded with crazy phone calls and have met with those people. They are all pressure based sales people and we didn't really like that. Eventually we called a company ourselves and our consultant Nick A came by. Very helpful and knowledgeable. He walked us around our property, talked about our electrical, and even explained our bill. We loved the fact that they are a veteran owned company and support American made products. I recommend giving them a call.

Cheryl Smith San Diego, CA

I have a Semper Solar system on our home, now for a couple of years. I have to say I have had the best experience. I worked with Mark I on the purchase of a 24 panel system for our home. Mark was timely and very professional. He explained the system clearly to us, and had us understand the benefits of solar. I am in real estate and I can see the purchase of a system adding HUGE value to the value of the home. The company back their products with a great warranty and it is a US based long standing company. I was also amazed that one time, I arrived home and there was a guy on our roof, cleaning the panels, since they were monitoring our system and found out that the production was low. Someone automatically came out to rectify the problem and cleared a few leaves from the panels. Mark was quick to follow up when we needed to change to net metering. The system was installed really quickly and the new monitoring was set up and runs fantastically. Thank you Semper Solaris and Mark I!!