- Custom Packages
- Leading Solar Equipment
- Robust Warranties
- Comprehensive Energy Saving Solutions
- Multiple Payment Options
Depending on the household’s energy needs, California State Development offers four differently sized packages, each accompanied by a projected monthly energy bill valuation:
- Small, Low Usage Package — $89 per month
- Medium, Moderate Usage Package — $109 per month
- Large, High Usage Package — $149 per month
- Custom, Any Usage Package — Call for a quote
Leading Solar Equipment
California State Development offers customers a number of tier-one solar panels, inverters, and roof mounting equipment:
- Solar Panels — The company features panels from both LG and Panasonic, both of which come with 25-year equipment warranties, and clock an impressive 22 and 20.3 percent energy efficiency, respectively.
- Solar Inverters — California State Development installs inverter systems from both Enphase and SolarEdge, two of the industry’s leaders in micro inverter technology.
- Roof Mounting — The company also mounts its systems using equipment from IronRidge and Unirac, which represent the latest and greatest in solar PV system racking solutions.
In addition to the 25-year equipment warranties supplied by the manufacturers, California State Development also provides its own 25-year production guarantee, meaning its systems will maintain peak production for an entire lifetime (25 years) of operation.
Comprehensive Energy Saving Solutions
California State Development is more than just a solar panel installation company. The company also installs a wide range of solar-powered equipment designed to reduce the homeowner’s dependence on fossil fuels and promote renewable energy:
- Lithium Backup Power — allows users to store excess solar energy to be used during a power outage
- Electric Vehicle Charging — rapidly charges your electric vehicle in a fraction of the time it takes conventional EV charging stations
- Water Purification Systems — removes heavy metals, filters particles, and softens the home water supply
- Cool Roof Barriers — provides added protection from the sun that can result in energy savings
Multiple Payment Options
California State Development provides customers with four ways to finance their solar power systems:
- Cash Purchase — requires the highest upfront investment, but also yields the fastest and most valuable return on that investment
- Solar Loan — zero down financing with APR as low as 1.99 percent
- Power Purchase Agreement (PPA) — low-cost alternative that pays for the solar energy system’s monthly power output
- PACE Financing — financing through California’s Property Assessed Clean Energy program, which could entitle the homeowner to certain tax benefits
- Limited to California
- No NABCEP Certification
Limited to California
As the company name suggests, California State Development is limited to the state of California, and is one of many solar installers operating within the state. Considering California’s highly competitive solar market, leveraging verified California State Development reviews from actual customers could be an effective way to highlight the company’s strengths and help it stand out from the rest of the field.
No NABCEP Certification
California State Development does not appear to have been certified by the North American Board of Certified Energy Practitioners (NABCEP). This organization maintains rigorous and industry-leading certification exams that promote best solar installation practices. While the absence of this certification does not imply poor quality or service in a company, its presence can indicate to customers that a company is doing everything possible to ensure its systems are professionally installed.
The Bottom Line
California State Development’s mission to help homeowners save on their utility bill is backed by its selection of high-quality solar equipment, adjustable solar installation packages, and range of financing options. The system lifetime warranties demonstrate the company's confidence that its solar arrays are built for the long haul, and its comprehensive approach to energy savings shows commitment to clean, renewable energy.
Although the company is young, and its track record relatively unproven, California residents are encouraged to see which solar package and financing option from California State Development might be right for them.