AM Sun Solar Logo

AM Sun Solar

3.6

AM Sun Solar is professionally licensed in the state of California and its highly skilled team brings several years of experience in renewable energy, electrical, and construction. Since 2011, AM Sun Solar has designed and installed high quality, cost-effective solar energy systems throughout California and the Central Coast. The company delivers custom-tailored solar power solutions to residential, agricultural, and commercial clients while providing them with a superior level of customer service.

The Good

• High Quality Equipment
  • Wide Variety of Payment Options
  • Lengthy Equipment Warranty
  • Referral Program

High Quality Equipment

AM Sun Solar offers some of the best equipment in the industry, including LG panels and SMA inverters. LG solar panels rank among the best in terms of energy efficiency and durability. They also come with an industry-leading 25-year manufacturer's warranty, meaning if any defect or damage is founding during or after the solar installation process, LG will service or replace the faulty solar cell at no or limited cost to the homeowner.

Wide Variety of Payment Options

AM Sun Solar provides its customers with several ways to finance a solar energy system, including outright purchase, loan, solar lease, and power purchase agreement (PPA). The company explains the features and benefits of each payment option on its website, which can help customers to decide which option is most fitting for their needs and budget.

Lengthy Equipment Warranty

AM Sun Solar offers a 25-year equipment warranty, which covers the panels and inverter.

Referral Program

AM Sun Solar offers a referral program that pays customers $500 for every person they refer. The referral must be noted on the final signed contract.

The Bad

• Average Workmanship Warranty
  • Limited Availability

Average Workmanship Warranty

Although AM Sun Solar offers a lengthy equipment warranty, the company's workmanship warranty, which is set at 12 years and covers labor, is average relative to most solar installer companies. Compared to workmanship warranties offered by top companies in the industry (up to 25 years) this warranty is much shorter.

Limited Availability

Currently, AM Sun Solar only offers its services in California. Although being a local provider comes with its own unique set of benefits, it also limits the number of consumers who have the ability to do business with the company. Homeowners local to the company's service area are encouraged to read verified AM Sun Solar reviews to determine if the company's service, product line, and financing options match their needs best.

The Bottom Line

AM Sun Solar offers a number of attractive features, including high quality equipment, a wide variety of payment options, a robust equipment warranty, and a referral program. Its 12-year workmanship warranty, while a step above several solar panel companies in the area, is still about half as long as the industry leaders; but homeowners are still encouraged to obtain a free quote from AM Sun Solar and compare its proposal with leading companies in their neighborhood.

View Best Solar Companies

Message from
AM Sun Solar

Founded in 2011, A.M. Sun Solar has helped more than 2,500 customers make the change to solar. We specilize in creating custom solar solutions for homes and businesses. We’ve helped pave the way to lessen the amount of carbon dioxide emissions from entering the atmosphere; however, it wouldn’t have been possible without our amazing customers and the support they’ve given us to help our company grow throughout the years. It’s no surprise that A.M. Sun Solar continues to receive outstanding reviews from our satisfied customers. For almost 20 years, we’ve been committed to bringing excellent customer service to every person we’ve crossed paths with — it’s just a part of who we are. A.M. Sun Solar is the highest rated solar company on the Central Coast for customer service and for good reason. Between our wide variety of financing solutions, affordable pricing, and creative installation solutions, we take pride in going the extra mile for our residential and commercial customers. Working with A.M. Sun Solar means working with local people who care about the community you live in.

keyboard_arrow_up keyboard_arrow_down

Patricia Arroyo Grande, CA

The gentleman that sold me the system that came to the house he walked me through all the steps and when I had questions and concerns after he was done with his part of it and I would text him or email him he'd always get back to me or he'd always have the office staff get back to me right away. He really went above and beyond I felt.

Nathan Nipomo, CA

We had a more complex installation than most homes because we didn't want to put it on our tile roof so we have a bank of panels and they did a really good job in installing them and yeah it's great.

Martin Residential Solar

There were some details that had been left out of the estimate and caused some difficulty with actually implementing the plan. However in the midst of all of that they did a very good job of dealing with the issues and taking care of things about holding their end of the contract.

Brian Cambria, CA

There needs to be better internal communication between departments so that the client does not receive emails that would lead to confusion. It is a great company but the communication could be better.

The installation process went very well until the very last minute the final installation crew punctured the water pipe but they took care of it. I was very pleased at how they took care of it.

Dave

Whenever I had an issue they came out and repaired it like I had a damaged paneled by a bullet. They came out and replaced the panel for me so they gave me good customer service.

Ryan Paso Robles, CA

They are so communicative and professional that it’s comforting when people are working on your property. Even when we had a warranty issue the field personal were so professional.

Rosa Struthers Lockwood, CA

I have called numerous times regarding a quote for two extra panels. We spent $44,000 on a solar system and cannot get a call back. I’ve called at least 6-7 times and I’m told each time someone will get back to me soon. I never get a call. I’m done. It’s a shame because we had excellent service while we were spending so much money, but now nothing. I would have given a rating if 10 at the end of December but not I’m just disappointed to the point I’m reluctant to refer AM Sun Solar.

Anonymous Templeton, CA

The original getting everything together was fine. The sales person was nice and really helpful, but then they had a delay in getting it to us and getting it started. Just the whole process of doing things was very disorganized. They spelled my name wrong on the paperwork. We kept calling and nobody called us back, people not knowing what the heck they were talking about so it was just really confusing.

David Cambria, CA

This is the first solar panel I've ever done and the only company that I've dealt with so they did everything very professionally and they seem to be working fine.

Carol Atascadero, CA

We went with AM Sun Solar because of the price and the exceptional knowledge that they had and the quickness and thoroughness of the answers to the questions we asked.

Anonymous Atascadero, CA

Every time I've had a question or an issue with the timing on the installer or needed to move something, customer service was right there to take care of the issue.

Leslie Arroyo Grande, CA

It took a very very long time to be told that the project wasn't going to happen. It wasn't all their fault because they were waiting on the city but maybe they could communicate better.

Charles Santa Margarita, CA

I think they were considerate and didn't leave a pile of junk. They explained what they were doing and kept us informed as to when they would be back.

Anonymous Templeton, CA

We had no communications whatsoever coming from them to us. we wanted to know an update on where our system was when it was going to be installed when the meter was going to be changed out the status of our rebate all of that none of that was communicated.

Phalen Soto San Miguel, CA

There solar work and staff was professional. What really got me was when I signed up there was a promo gift that I never got. I asked several times for it. Then I referred another customer and I should have received a cash bonus from that and never got it. They don’t keep their marketing promises.

Annie pech Atascadero, CA

They do care & solve problems. Any time we have a question or problems they get back to us as soon as they can. They have been very helpful and respectable.

Mark Green Santa Maria, CA

They were very quick and professional. They addressed my concerns regarding roof flashing weather protection and the system is working exactly as designed and expected.

Tyler Paso Robles, CA

They let me know everything along the way. I did get a little confused. I guess they switched it and then didn't say anything but I figured out now.

Anonymous Paso Robles, CA

The employees were very responsive and they were very polite, very courteous and you could tell that they were putting the customer's needs first.

Anonymous Paso Robles, CA

They know their business, they stand behind their business and they're the only business to use if you want to get solar.

Anonymous Paso Robles, CA

The panels were installed where I needed them, nothing's gone wrong yet but they keep in touch just in case.

Jim Paso Robles, CA

They said they were going to clean the panels and they didn't clean the panels. They didn't do a check up on me to see if things were going well.

Curtis Atascadero, CA

The company did everything they said they would do and the savings on electricity has been incredible.

Bill Pismo Beach, CA

Installation went smoothly. Part of my system isn't working right now and I am working with them to get that taken care of.

Bob Atascadero, CA

The techiciations were always out here checking on the panels; they did everything that I have asked them to do.

Jordan Morro Bay, CA

They were very responsive to me anytime I called and they're very helpful and they sent people out as needed.

Matt Kingsburg, CA

I had a lot of questions along the way and customer support always got back to me in a timely manner.

Ann Paso Robles, CA

The installation process was very easy, I was well informed and it was scheduled and met the schedule.

Mark Houchin Nipomo, CA

I’m just happy to reduce/eliminate my energy bill while contributing to a more efficient use of electricity.

Wofford Paso Robles, CA

Salesman can use to work the field of an installer to better instant the process but our installers did great and clean

Aaron Cantrell Paso Robles, CA

The systems works even better than predicted! The staff are helpful and responsive to my questions!

David King Los Osos, CA

I design they put on my roof was incorrect had to restart my own hardware hire a roofer to re-weld the boots and have them come back and re-seal everything also I recommended my brother to them and I did not get my finders fee

Will Los Osos, CA

Amazing customer service, install was perfect with out a mess or any mistakes. Just an effortless process.

ROSITA IGLESIAS Paso Robles, CA

Easy install big savings on electric, this month my bill was zero! The Tesla powerwall really helps too during outages!

Jay jazinski Templeton, CA

Told them that I didn't want to have a bill showed them our power bill and I received a $700.0 tru=up bill I should have saved my money and just paid for the power that I was using

Janice & Bill

The installation was good and we've not had any problems ever since--it works like a charm.

Richard Atascadero, CA

I know they use name brand products and I know they went out of their way to make sure it worked.

Nicole Arroyo Grande, CA

It would be better to have a live person call rather than a robot. I haven't had too much interaction with them.

Anonymous San Luis Obispo, CA

The installers did quality work, coordination with the office was horrible and they had a hard time scheduling anything. I felt they didn't listen.

Anonymous Paso Robles, CA

They went out of their way to make sure that my needs were met and my time was valued.

Chris

They are so courteous and professional and clean when they were doing the whole install process.

Wells Fresno, CA

Customer support has responded to every question. Installation went quickly and smoothly.

Jordan Shandon, CA

Customer service has answered any questions I have and got back to me in a timely fashion.

B Roberts San Luis Obispo, CA

The sales person was incompetent he misrepresented the number and facts and was not able to do the job that he was supposed to do.

Anonymous Atascadero, CA

Everytime I call customer support I always get feedback almost right away.

Bob Atascadero, CA

Customer support picks up on our needs and provides prompt service.

Anonymous Nipomo, CA

I was very impressed with the salesman. Our experience has been very positive.

Cindy Pomerico Paso Robles, CA

They were Very efficient, on time, and cleaned up after themselves.

Tom Arroyo Grande, CA

The install went very smoothly. I haven't had any problems.