Spectrum Logo

Spectrum

6.5

LAST UPDATED: August 13th, 2022

As a result of Time Warner Cable®, Bright House Networks®, and Spectrum Communications® merging, Spectrum is available in forty-one states and serves over 25 million customers. Claiming to be one of America’s fastest growing TV, voice company, and internet service providers, Spectrum attempts to provide high-quality service with superior entertainment and communication products.

Spectrum also claims that Spectrum TV offers more HD channels than any other provider. Customers can get instant access to thousands of On Demand shows and watch live TV anywhere in their home. Spectrum TV also allows customers to download their favorite movies and show onto their mobile devices with the Spectrum TV app.

The Good

• Popular TV Packages
  • Spectrum TV App
  • Additional Spectrum Services
  • Service Agreement
  • Channels in Spanish

Popular TV Packages

Spectrum has potential customers enter in their address to find out the exact services and rates for their location. While its residential services and rates will vary per location, Spectrum does disclose the introductory prices for its packages.

TV Select

• 125+ Channels
  • $44.99 per month (for the first 12 months)

TV Silver

• 175+ Channels
  • $84.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included

Silver Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 175+ Channels
  • $109.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes modem

TV Gold

• 200+ Channels
  • $104.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included

Gold Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 200+ HD Channels
  • $129.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes Modem

With the Silver and Gold package, customers can watch premium channels without having to worry about paying a hefty fee.

Additional Spectrum Services

Not only does Spectrum offer cable TV services, but it also offers internet, home phone, mobile, and business services. As seen in the payment bundles and packages above, you can bundle a number of Spectrum's services to help save on your monthly bill. Brief explanations of the additional services offered by Spectrum can be found below.

• Spectrum Internet — Spectrum Internet plans through Spectrum start at $49.99 per month for the first 12 months of service. Plans feature significant amounts of bandwidth, high-speed internet, no data caps, a free cable modem/router, a free antivirus software, and an in-home WiFi network. When bundled with Spectrum Cable TV, you have both your cable TV and streaming TV needs covered.
  • Home phone — For just $9.99 per month, you can stay connected with all of your loved ones (price applicable if bundled). Calls can be made to the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rice, and more.
  • Spectrum Mobile — To start a Spectrum mobile plan with Spectrum, you can use an online tool to see how much money you can save when comparing your current plan to a plan that Spectrum can offer you. Plans start at $14 per GB per month.
  • Spectrum Business — Spectrum offers a special Spectrum business phone service for small businesses with free unlimited local and long distance calling and 30+ advanced business calling features for $19.99 per month (when bundled). Specific internet plans are also available which feature consistent internet connection, high-speed internet, and fast upload speeds. For more information visit the Spectrum website.

Spectrum TV App

Spectrum’s TV app gives customers full access to their TV lineup as well as up to 40,000 On Demand TV shows and movies on any mobile or connected device (including a smartphone, tablet, Roku, Xbox One, or a Samsung Smart TV). Spectrum users can watch their favorite shows, episodes, and movies anywhere — members can even use the app to program their DVR.

Customers can download the app to their phone and log in using their Spectrum.net email and password (signing in with the Spectrum username won’t work).

However, if a customer is at home and connected to a Spectrum authorized modem, the app will automatically authorize the username and password.

Service Agreement

Along with bundles, cable television providers often use deals as a way to get new customers to sign up for their services. Spectrum offers new customers a no-contact agreement as well as an offer to buy out any current contract for up to $500.

Unfortunately, these deals do not apply to all customers and a 12-month service commitment is standard for all other service packages provided at Spectrum. Which deals or bundles are right for a specific customer can be confusing, but a customer service representative is always available to help on the Spectrum website.

Channels in Spanish

As rates of native Spanish speakers increase in the United States, the need for access to Spanish-speaking channels continues to rise. The Spectrum Mi Plan Latino TV and internet plan provides more than 130 channels with more than 75 of them in Spanish.

The Bad

• Price Increase
  • Spectrum Consumer Complaints

Price Increase

As with most companies in the industry, Spectrum’s prices increase after a year of service. Before signing up for a plan, customers should ask how much they’ll be paying per month after the first 12 months. Initial lower prices is a common tactic in the industry and will only apply for a short amount of time. Customers should also ask about any other charges that might be added to their account — some companies will charge extra for the modem, DVR service, internet speeds, etc.

Spectrum Consumer Complaints

The top three complaints customers have about Spectrum are unreliable service, price increases, and the company's subpar customer service. Many consumers mentioned the unreliable signal and felt that they were paying too much for the quality of service they were getting in recent Spectrum customer reviews. The price increases were another common complaint as customers felt that the prices were continually going up, but channels were being removed.

The majority of customer complaints found in Spectrum reviews are related to Spectrum’s poor customer service. Consumers were not happy with the technicians or customer service representatives. There were mentions of being put on hold and never getting an answer, being hung up on during a call, being charged for things customers weren’t signed up for, waiting hours for a technician to come, and receiving faulty equipment.

The Bottom Line

Customers looking for a simple satellite TV provider that doesn’t require lengthy contracts should look into Spectrum. The company is flexible with its bundling packages and customers can easily build a package with the basic TV essentials. In addition, with the Spectrum App, customers can watch their favorite shows on multiple devices.

However, there are several less than desirable aspects of the company. Spectrum is pricier than other service providers and consumers have often had problems with Spectrum’s spotty, unreliable signals, pricing, and customer service. The company is only available in forty-one states and customers have to live within a specific area to get service.

According to consumers, Spectrum’s customer service is lacking in many aspects and that alone has made customers want to cancel their contracts.

We suggest customers use another — more reputable — satellite TV service provider.

View Best Satellite TV Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Spectrum below.

1.8

Giovana Pinckney Charlotte, NC

If I could give 0 stars I would! I have already had bad experiences with them in the past and would never use their services! In April a door-to-door salesman came to my apartment about a deal spectrum had and I felt like being nice that day so I entertained him. He told me they had a special running for a free 30 days, took my email, and phone number, and told me if I changed my mind (because I told him I had ATT already) all I had to do was reach out to him. Without my permission, he signs me up anyway. I get a box delivered with equipment that I never opened or set up. Then I started getting bills and late notices, etc. I call them and they want their equipment and want me to pay for services that weren't used. The customer service is nonexistent and the foolery is at 1000. I dont have time for this crap and why would anyone pay for something they did not request, or utilize?!!! DO BETTER!

Christine Toughill NC

After being a customer for over 10 years, we cancelled our service because we were moving out of state. Canceled 1 day into the next months service. Imagine my surprise when I received a bill for the entire month, with only a day of service. Not prorated. Called to try to get a prorated price only to be told it was policy to charge for the entire month no matter how much service was used. When I complained was told that if the bill was not paid in full my account would be forwarded to a collection agency. This company is HORRIBLE!

Simon D. Wood Pomona, CA

Zip Code 91711. Spectrum is without doubt the worst ISP in the universe. Not content with interrupting my TV viewing every few seconds with a flash of static across the screen and the sound disappearing, my internet connection now disappears three or four times a day. I try to work from home, but Spectrum is doing its worst to make that almost impossible. And if another Spectrum agent tells me to unplug my cable box or modem, wait thirty seconds, plug it in again and everything will be okay, I shall scream at the top of my lungs. Spectrum is crap.

Edward Chaides Anaheim, CA

Pompous company. Unfriendly customer service representative who transferred me to the the retention dept. You have to speak to the retention department to downgrade your plan. You can't do this online, but you can upgrade your plan online??? They make you wait 45 minutes..still waiting before the retention dept. contacts you. The powers that be put themselves ahead of the customers. What a lousy company Spectrum is!!

John Peterson West Bloomfield, MI

Before signing up, Read everything. I cancelled and was charged full rate (no prorate). My billing cycle started 2 days before I cancelled, and I was charged the full rate. Also, charged twice in 1 year. From August to April, my bill went up 40 dollars. Never heard of that before. Don't trust the company.

Christopher Myers Marengo, OH

I live in rural Ohio and they are refusing to honor the intro or current promotional rate in my area saying that I'm currently on a promotional rate for internet & TV. They are currently charging over $170 for both services. They are refusing to qualify me even at the risk of losing me as a customer. Because they say I'm on a promotion until December for over $70 for each service. That isn't really a promotion now is it?. This is for the TV Select program & 200MB internet. I will be looking for other services in the area whether it's Dish, Frontier, ATT, WOW. I would suggest everyone else do the same. I have tried multiple times to get help with this from them. I have been a loyal customer with them for years

mona hernandez Lapeer, MI

Streaming service is mediocre. Lags and lags!!! I’m about ready to go back to Hulu!

Betsy Birchenough Watertown, NY

While I am in a "package" until August, Spectrum just raised my bill by $20 this month! They are shameless. One of the rate hikes is on the cable box which I've had for 3 years and does not support 4K tv, nor is there a plan to. Why the hike on old equipment? The line up is Fillene's basement messy. It's not organized in a sensible fashion. There are about 6 channels on the whole line up that we watch. The access rate is up to $21 per month.And they don't care. Their customer service is a sham. They are a monopoly and the only game in town and they know it. Tom R, CEO, received and 8 mil raise last year to a salary of 41 mil plus benefits pkg that equals over 100 mil per year. He is the highest paid CEO in the country. And yet, they need to hike the rates on customers. I will be cutting the cord and giving my business streaming services. Show less

Kerstin Zagar West Bend, WI

iPhone mini has horrible storage the phone bill is way to expensive the phone camera suck and there is not enough cameras don’t get a phone from spectrum especially if you have a small damage to your phone they will not let you trade it then you have to pay the full cost of the phone before you can trade it and before that you have to get it fixed before you can trade

Ismet Matthew Takim Carlsbad, CA

Do not work with this company , they have the worse service , worse customer service , they charge you extra moth for services you didn't use , they have hidden costs they do not disclose , internet speed they promise is not truthful, once you sign up your and when they add charges trying to correct them takes you numerous phone calls and unqualified customer service representatives keep transferring me and has to explain same thing to 7 different person and none of the are qualified to take charge and fix the problem , they will drice you crazy , PLEASE TRUST ME , before you go through hell with Spectrum

ang Buffalo, NY

Spoke to someone about lowering our bill but that was a waste of time. Then the woman I spoke to said she would give me extra channels. I was suspicious. Well, after asking several times if anything would change with my service, she said "no" however after I checked I had actually lost half my channels. So then I spoke to a supervisor who was very rude, I find out that I could not go back to my original package and that it would cost more. For their mistake of not telling me what they were doing. I don't think so. After they took care of the mistake with me going round and round with these people I got back my channels and he said for a year he would let me pay what I was after there mistake. What a company!

Passepartout22 San Antonio, TX

I switched to Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) from another cable provider in San Antonio. Its prices locally are comparable and I get fast internet (200 mbps) and all the specialty cable channels I want, plus a great many I have no use for. The DVR I get from Spectrum has plenty of capacity and will record 6 programs at a time (important because we often record a number of soccer games played simultaneously). Everything seems to be in HD. We get landline service too, though we don't actually use it; it's just a convenient number to give out for callers we don't want to hear from. Unfortunately, the service is very expensive and the DVR programming is sometimes problematic (for instance, it's impossible to easily restrict recording of a soccer match to the English-language broadcast). Customer service has been excellent (except for the automated phone messages when you call in).

Aditi

I am a heavy internet user. I stream content and play online as well. Charter Internet offers great speeds. The speed is good, the DVR is decent and I got a neat deal by buying a Charter Spectrum Internet Plans at www. S9 .com/charter/. The discounted price just made it a sweeter transition for me. As of today, I have no complaints. Hope Charter keeps up the good work.

Meg

I recently switched from a DirecTV At&t internet bundle back to charter for everything. Only because they gave me the good deal. Are supposed to be buying me out of a contract as well. This is all good things and im a gamer so I absolutely love the internet switch back to charter. The internet from charter is so much faster and more reliable than At&t's uverse. They only complaint I have is charters on demand and DVR. While it's been updated and it's better than it was a few years ago, it still sucks compared to DirecTV!!! With Direc you actually get a DVR in all rooms and they are linked. You can watch what you record in every room. Charter ha only the main TV has the DVR. And DirecTV offers so much more to watch on demand!!! On DirecTV I was watching all of Game of Thrones from the beginning to catch up to new season. With charter they only offer season 3! What? Why only one season? And why 3? Lol ugh I miss DirecTV!!

Jo Martin

I called Spectrum yesterday to talk about cancelling my internet service. At this time, I only have internet service, having had to cut my cable service a couple of months ago. This is due to my current lack of funds to pay for the service. Although there may be a glitch or outage of internet service now and again, I want to say that I'm happy with the services Spectrum provides. Most of the time I get 100+ mbps internet speed. This review is mostly to say, I was able to speak with their solutions department to get my past due amount squared away (with some additional days to pay the amount due) and I also received enough of a deduction on my monthly service so that I'm able to keep up with the monthly due. I found both persons who I spoke to in the customer service and solutions departments to be understanding, empathetic and helpful to my situation. Hands down the best service I think I've ever encountered. To the 56 people who gave Spectrum a 0. Here's a Pro-Tip: Honesty and a calm demeanor goes a long way. Thank you Spectrum!! Especially your Solutions department.

Kort Kort Hopkinsville, KY

I have use this company for at least 15 years now. There have been some ups and downs as the company has always been moving up and expanding their stores as well as their knowledge. They are all very respectful and are always ready to help customers. Because of how long I have been with them, I have had several conversations on the phone as well as via chat and I’ve only had a couple problems with customer service; one of which I had to hang up due to the representative cussing and rushing me. Overall, I think it is a company that stands on a good foundation but there are also some things they need to tweak in order to continue growing and expanding their locations.

Patricia Loggins Ocala, FL

We had Spectrum as our cable/internet provider for about 5 years. They were a vast improvement over previous servicers. We had used Hughes Net, AT&T, Virgin Mobile and Direct TV and weren't satisfied with any of them. We lived in the same general area while using all of these servicers and we did have erratic reception due to the lack of sufficient towers , however, Spectrum was far better than any of the others. The cost was similar and their were far fewer dropped signals. Recently we moved to another area and unfortunately Spectrum is not in our community which has it's own antiquated infrastructure. We do miss the reliability of Spectrum. We are paying the same fee for a much inferior system.

Danielle Berkowitz Smithtown, NY

I had RCN in my apartment for 5 years and my roommate recommended we make the switch, so I was about it. First off, their customer service is A+, they sent us the boxes for us to set it up ourselves and it worked like magic for the most part, until something was off - I didn't have to wait on the phone for very long to speak with someone, they were the sweetest and so thorough and helped me out with anything I needed that could be handled on the phone. I then needed not one, but three technicians to come to my apartment to help fix a cable wire. All the spectrum technicians were on-it and helped out in every way possible they can. One said he wasn't giving up until the job was done, he stayed for about two hours and honestly was happy so that everything could work again. Very happy with the decision I made to switch over.

Bill St Overland Park, KS

We returned EVERYTHING. All equipment. Cancelled but did not say it correctly. They are billing us because the wording, even though they had all of our equipment back, was not to their understanding that we quit them. We owe $96.00 because, of our words. This is pathetic and they could care less about keeping customers. Run,?don’t walk, to another provider.

J White Tampa, FL

Spectrum employees will lie to you just to get numbers. Call 5 different times and you will get 5 different answers. No prorating of bill, even after cancelling one day into billing cycle. So you pay for service that you don't receive. Can't believe anything that spectrum employees say. Dealing with customer service is the worst experience ever. They seem to take pride in taking advantage of customers. Guess that's the only way for them profit anymore. They Don't take care of existing customers.

Roger Niese Swanton, OH

I wanted to put this in writing. I am very upset with Spectrum Mobile. I was told at a Spectrum Store that Spectrum changed their policy and were now giving current Mobile users the ability to have the $29.99 unlimited data price. I called to set that up, but was told that was not true. When I complained and asked for a supervisor, the supervisor said that since I had Spectrum TV, Internet, and home phone, they would give me the $29.99 unlimited plan. I was on the phone for about 40-45 minutes setting this up. At the end of the conversation, I was under the impression that I had $29.99 unlimited plan for 3 of my lines, and 1 line was staying by the gig ($14). A week later, today, I called because the app was not showing the correct information that was discussed on the phone. I spent another 45 minutes on the phone with 3 different people. At the end of the conversation, I was now NOT eligible for the $29.99 unlimited deal. This rate is only for new customers. This policy is makes me very upset. Not only was I lied to at the Spectrum Store, and by a supervisor, who both told me that I would be able to get that deal, but took about an hour and a half out of my busy schedule. I am currently looking for new TV, Internet, Phone, and mobil Service. I spend about $400 per month to Spectrum and they will not allow me to save $15 for 3 lines ($45 per month). I will be posting this information to all social media accounts telling of my experience with Spectrum. I feel bad for the people that are working for Spectrum and have to hear from their customers on the phone that are upset like me. I am sure that I am not the only one.

KLS 505 Lapeer, MI

Long-term customer here, 30+ years at the same location. Steady and constant rate increases despite our loyalty. Technicians polite and knowledgeable in person, a bit of an attitude over the phone. The company is sketchy. You see all the rates offered for new customers but once they got you there's no loyalty. The rates are outrageous and the consistent availability and quality of service is mediocre. The prices are inconsistent. We have a rental where we have the same services as at home except for the router is rented. $128/mo. vs $250/mo using our own router and adding sevice for a landline. The explanation is that they are "set up differently. " I don't feel they are trustworthy or transparent in dealing with customers.

Nancy W. Pierre

As of late I'm not pleased with service. I phoned about a billing problem 05/29/19 wanted to cancel service, but was given another promotional package so I kept service. On 06/15/19 bill had almost doubled. I called back, was told it was noted that I called.but nothing was input on computer showing change. I told them the name of person I spoke with, & department she worked in, & nobody knew the person. Two calls , & almost 3 hours out of my life to hear the package that was suppose to be don't exist!!!!! It's almost impossible to understand the bill, & people working there seem to have a hard time explaining it.

Becca Boone, NC

Spectrum is the only internet service in my area (28607). I only have internet and wifi. For one person in a 1 br apartment, it works just fine. HOWEVER their customer service could use improvement. They ALWAYS call with promotion and are incredibly persistent! Please keep your consumers in mind, Spectrum. I gave valid reasons for not wanting this service and kept receiving rebuttal after rebuttal. It's a waste of my time and patience. (I caved on a 7 day trial promo. I was told I could revoke it w/ in the 7 days w/o charge and w/ no questions asked. CS rep I called to have it cancelled asked tons of questions and was also trying to push me to keep the service. Very frustrating.)

Dean Williams Willimantic, CT

Andrew, the Charter service technician, arrived right on time. He was polite, had a sense of humor, and knew everything about my internet and email services. The latter are working perfectly now. If all your field techs are as good as Andrew, Charter/Spectrum's success is guaranteed.

Philip G Buker, Jr O'Fallon, MO

My wife and I are senior citizens and long-time customers of Charter/Spectrum. We consider their customer service to be very good. However, we consider them to be quite deceptive in their advertising/sales and their billing. Their commercials indicate that they have the best rates for TV, internet, and phone service, when bundled, and certainly appear to in their displayed monthly prices. (i.e. $19.99 telephone, $29.99 internet, $39.99 TV). This totals out to about $90 a month. However, the monthly rates we are paying are $19.99 telephone, $54.99 internet, and $91.96 TV, and we subscribe to the minimum in TV service. Adding to this taxes, fees, and other charges, and our monthly bill is over $182, and it continues to creep up as it has been doing since we started with Charter. Periodically, I'd complain, and they'd usually knock a few bucks off it, which would extend to our subsequent billings. However, the last time this happened there was a change! I got a letter from the Vice President, Billing, telling me that I had received a "promotional discounted rate" on my bill, and it was added back in after a year, along with interim increases. If you are able to read the very fine print in their ads, someplace it will probably tell you that the rates you are signing on for are promotional for a limited time, but your eyes better be very good, and you'd better be able to read very fast. Billing is essentially a clerical function, but Spectrum actually has a VP, Billing. It was probably his creative thinking that has their long-time customers subsidizing new business in a way that you might find disturbing.

Lorie Albertson Williamston, MI

I was looking for service back in May for my cottage, I was comparing Spectrum with AT&T and after talking with Spectrum I told them I would get back with them, a supervisor named Rob called me back and promised my installation when I wanted it, a price I could not refuse with a 2 year rate lock and a seasonal suspension rate that was fabulous. I signed up with them, my bill went up the first month (they said because of royalties) then when I call to put my services on seasonal, low and behold the rate is $12+ more a month and no notes in the system. Talked to the representative this morning and no help at all, he quoted my $27.56 and when I agreed, he then said that I was "all set at $27.65", I know it is only a few cents, but it is the point, after being told my monthly bill would be $15.00 for seasonal and now it is 27.65 that is a big difference. I was supposed to be connected to a survey and guess what, they hung up on me.

Ashley Milligan Denton, TX

Tanya from Montana was the nicest customer service representative I've ever had the privilege of speaking with, and helped me with canceling my internet before my move. Very minor issues with Charter service over the past year, just canceling because my new home won't have a contract with Charter.

Donna Appleton, WI

After reading all the bad reviews, I thought I was going to not have a very good experience. Representative was courteous, and solved the problem. tv with the box took 10 seconds to change channels. Also movie channels not available.

John Hooper Saint Peters, MO

I have had Charter for several years. I wish their dvr was better...could record more than two shows at once, but other than that, I have been very satisfied with their service, both the quality of the pictures and the friendliness and helpfulness of their staff on those rare occasions I have had contact with them. I have been very satisfied for many years!

dielista wright Hammond, LA

This service is good because when it rain you still have service

WastedTalent Binghamton, NY

I recently moved and switched to Spectrum after 20 years with Directv. The triple play package is a whole lot cheaper than Directv's service alone. Customer service has been great. Because I am in a rural area, internet service can get spotty at times, but it's never been out for more than a couple of minutes during storms.

Q Kelly Hallandale, FL

I use this service for my home in North Carolina I have never had any issues with them and when the service was interrupted due to the weather they immediately attend it to the issue I would totally go this with spectrum I am going to contact them to find out if they have phone services and I may switch my business phone line and my Internet and cable services

Jeff Dallas, TX

I only use Charter for home internet. Speeds are okay but there are more drop outs than there should be. They do not last long, less than 30 seconds usually, but then everything has to reconnect etc. Its not the modem. Initially when I moved in, the modem would reboot every hour or so. They sent a tech who found the problem was an amplifier had been installed on my neighborhood block and the signal to my house was WAYYYYY too hot. He took care of that and the reboots stopped. But, I still get the drops. I don't feel like calling them again. I'll deal with it. Charter was very responsive when I did call. They got a tech here fast and it was free.

Brandon Griess Houston, TX

So far they are my replacement for ATT, and they do a much better job in all aspects. Even with my account being forever glitched by discontinuing my bundled internet and phone. I am still much happier with spectrums transparency, sincerity, upgrade program and efforts made on my behalf. Spectrum has made a fundamental and unfixable error in my account, sent a bill to collections, but didnt manage to make me pay extra fees, corrected their mistakes and proved in 1 year their competency compared to the 10 it took with ATT punishing me for my loyalty to realize the fugly troll ATT is. If you continue using ATT you’ve earned the title masochist like i have. TBH seems like all phone companies cost the same, but are you paying extra fees, dealing with people that hang up on you, or with a kickstarter phone service that cares about their image from the start, and foes a good job fooling you or really does show they care about you. Spectrum needs to hash out their bugs/interface between mobile and internet, it was foolish to make them separate entities with the same name, and then to allow glitches in accounts like mine to continue. To this day I still cant use spectrum mobile app, but I can sign into the spectrum mobile website somehow (to pay bill). No phone receptionist has ever been able to fix it no matter what tier specialist, last time I tried to fix it they transferred me to get rid of their responsibility of the issue. YET!! After all that, I dont have issues that fundamentally inhibit service, cost me extra, or make me jump through hoops. New company gets the right to have issues, but not for much longer. If they [email protected] it up much longer though i’ll be going to verizon considering how impressive Fios is.

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

When I moved into my apartment complex a year and a half ago spectrum came with the apartment so I didn’t have to do any of the hardware searching for an Internet provider… The rate that was given to the apartment complex is low and I haven’t had any issues with my Internet or TV… That just the initial 1 to 3 times where the Internet may have gone out for 20 minutes to an hour then I think that’s completely normal, otherwise I have nothing but good things to say about this company

LH Los Angeles, CA

Spectrum is the worst POS I have had to deal with! On a regular basis get error/connection messages, have to reset the whole thing. Always miss 1/4 - 1/3 of everything I try to watch due to buffering. Way overpriced for the service and few channels you get.

Mitali Ganeriwal Orlando, FL

I was using another service provider before spectrum and I can really tell that their connection and service is so much faster

Melissa S Clark Greenville, OH

I purchased new devices and it took 3 calls before I got a representative who could actually do what I can do myself at any other carriers website, only to find out he had to send the template t his supervisor and it would take 2-5 business days!! Meanwhile, they messed something up on their end and my son had no phone!! Why do you have people answering the phones who lack the ability to help your customers? Any wy is the wit time so long for something I can do myself in 13 minutes with literally any other carrier?? It is ridiculous. gave 2 stars because the service on the phones has been wonderful as far as usage goes!! Would prefer the option for a truly unlimited plan rather than being slowed down after 30 gigs on the highest plan offered

Belinda Sidney, OH

I wanted to get mobile service through Spectrum. I went to the retail store only to be told I had an outstanding bill on a modem that hadn’t been returned from previous service; it is lost in the mess of all my mothers belongings from when she’d passed away and all of her stuff got moved into our house. I offered to pay for it but was told it’d still take 48-72 hours to clear and I’d have to come back. So I get out to my vehicle and call thinking the person on the line could circumvent the wait time as I was going to pay cash, only to be told they wanted my credit card instead. Like who doesn’t want cash??? So no problem, was going to pay the $37 and change on the credit card- still told had to wait the 48-72 hours for their system to update. How inconvenient. Now keep in mind I currently have their cable and internet service with them at home, so why was mobile such a big deal? I dunno- but seems like poor customer service, poor software program/ programmers as to their system doesn’t update instantly on payments and instead takes 48-72 hours, at very least a way for their staff to work around given the billing is settled up. . For a company that makes the money they do, seems like they could be working a little harder for their customers. To top it off, God forbid you be able to reach the local retail storefront. No phone number listed anywhere for them that I could find. You have to call the toll free number which goes to who knows where, talking to God knows who. Why can’t you call the local store?? Ugh. The whole experience was downright Pitiful.

Pat S Chewelah, WA

The internet and TV quality are ok, but the customer service is ridiculous. They promised self install. Did not send equipment. Offered tech to drop by with equipment no charge. They did charge and refused to remove the charge because they said the rep I spoke with did not put it in the file. Why would I self install? No logic. Just lame excuses. Apparently no authority.

marianne wilson Roseburg, OR

Have had WiFi for 3 years & problems for the past 2-3 months. Tech who came out told me the TV was too far from the router; not a problem 4 months ago. Or maybe the walls were too thick! The walls weren't too thick 4 months ago. He then gave me a new remote. Everything worked when he left; nothing worked the next day. Spoke to a lovely woman over the phone who made some adjustments to our set up and smart TV and tablet worked for 10 days!! Stopped working today, altho tablet works sporadically. This is really getting old. For $180+ a month, I expect the cable/wifi to work. The only reason I gave 2 stars was because the woman I spoke with over the phone was so nice and I could actually use the WiFi for a while week. Thick walls indeed!!!!

John Johnston Jacksonville, NC

Because they are very outstanding with there company if you have a problem say they are right there plus I have enough channels to keep me busy for a long time plus when the weather is bad it' still on

Thomas Purzycki Clarksville, TN

The different charter departments do not talk to each other, for example I was missing too channels and was told I would have to upgrade to the spp package and was told there is not extra charge, When I called to change my package I was told it would cost another 49.99 to upgrade. Each dept does not talk to the other departments so yuou can never get a straight answer from anyone The only ones at charter who know what they are doing are the techs

Doug Kelly Clearwater, FL

Here's the first paragraph of a letter we just got from Spectrum: "Dear XXXX, Thank you for being a Spectrum customer. When you signed up for your services, you received a promotional discounted rate on your bill. Your discounted rate for your promotion is expiring and your services are scheduled to be billed at the standard rates. Beginning with your next statement, your monthly bill will be approximately $xxx.xx plus applicable taxes and fees." Spectrum lies. 1) There was no "promotional discounted rate" as they merely took over our account from Bright House. 2) After our receiving all stations broadcast on Bright House for 12 years, Spectrum came in and created three tiers, and therefore we now receive fewer stations (including some of our former favorites) for the same former rate. This increase mentioned in the letter with taxes and fees will be about $20 more per month. When I called to question this, the representative finally admitted that there wasn't any former "discounted rate" when I asked him to provide it, and he couldn't dispute the degraded service we now get with fewer stations. Instead, he dropped the facade and finally admitted that the increase is in fact an annual increase that is being passed on to everyone. I'd like to know if other Spectrum customers also received this letter and what you've done about it. Spectrum certainly is living up to its slogan of redefining what a cable company can be -- DECEPTIVE. As for us, we'll definitely be exploring other options for TV, cable and the Internet.

Kiana Cureton Birmingham, AL

Even though Spectrum have a no contract requirement. The television and internet service is very spotty. I have the basic service and am unable to watch a one hour show to its entirety without it buffering at least 4 times within that hour. And the internet isn't any better. I have only had service about 4 months and I can say wouldn't recommend spectrum to family or friends based on the quality.

Lorie Valrico, FL

The good of Spectrum is they answer their calls pretty quickly and get you to the right department for what you are calling for. The not so good are their prices. They are extremely high in my opinion, however I still pay it for right now because I'm hooked, lol.

Michael C New York, NY

The only positive thing about Spectrum is their Tech Support. Billing, Customer Service, and Sales are absolutely horrible. Going to Fios like everyone else I know.

Sophie Glendale, CA

I like that they always work with you and ensure they provide the best service for their customers. Sometimes their packages are lacking content but overall they have good quality services, especially their internet!! It’s amazing

Tyler B Palos Verdes Estates, CA

Charter Spectrum was the satellite TV and internet provider for my wife and I's apartment complex. We had consistent issues connecting to community wifi and dialing through their customer service network. We would like to note that they did a good job making it right and having someone keep coming out until it was resolved. From a TV standpoint, the Company had a vast offering and was fairly expensive. Charter is a great satellite tv provider if you want a vast offering of channels.