Despite its humble beginnings, today DISH is a Fortune 250 company that employs approximately 16,000 people in the United States and provides pay-TV service to more than 12 million subscribers throughout the country. DISH offers some of the highest quality programming and state-of-the-art technology.

Even with its commitment to consistently introducing the most innovative products, DISH strives to lead the industry by offering customers the best value — the same channels but at a better price.

2018 DISH Awards

#1 DIRECTV chevron_right
2.6
#2 Comcast Xfinity TV chevron_right
3.1

The Good

• TV Packages
  • Whole-Home HD DVR
  • Free Professional Standard Installation
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • DISH Protect

TV Packages

DISH offers customers four TV packages that provide hours of entertainment. Customers can choose their package based on their unique preferences. All packages come with a 2-year TV price guarantee, free HD for life, over 70 Sirius XM music channels, DISH Anywhere, and a free standard professional installation.

Additionally, each package comes with a Smart HD DVR and a free Voice Remote.

190 Channels: America’s Top 120

• $59.99 per month with a 2-year contract
  • Notable: ESPN, USA, CMT, Disney Channel, E!
  • Local Channels
  • Over 28,000 free On Demand Titles

190+ Channels: America’s Top 120 Plus

• $69.99 per month with a 2-year contract
  • Notable Channels: SEC Network, Big Ten Network, Pac-12 Network, NFL Network, and Regional Sports Included
  • ESPN and Local Channels

• ESPN, Local Channels, and Regional Sports
  • Over 35,000 free On Demand Titles

290+ Channels: America’s Top 250

• $89.99 per month with a 2-year contract
  • All of America’s Top 200 plus 17 movie channels: Turner Classic Movies, STARZ Encore Channels, The Movie Channel, and more
  • ESPN, Local Channels, NFL Network, and Regional Sports
  • Over 36,000 free On Demand Titles

Depending on the package, subscribers can enjoy upwards of 290 channels to choose from. Unlike some other satellite TV providers, DISH offers its services in all 50 states in the United States with 24/7 customer support. Although subscribers should be aware that all offers require credit qualification, 2-year commitment with an early termination fee, and eAutoPay.

With select packages, customers will receive a free 3 month trial of premium channels from SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Disney Movie Pack.

*After 3 months you will be billed $30 per month unless you call and cancel.

Whole-Home HD DVR

The Hopper 3, DISH’s award-winning Whole-Home HD DVR and secondary receivers allow customers to watch TV in any room in the house. Users can start watching a show in the living room and when they get tired can pause and resume the show once they’re in bed. Customers can also say goodbye to recording conflicts as DISH lets customers record 16 programs at once. Perhaps one of the most unique features from the Hopper 3 is the ability to watch four channels at once.

For customers with more than 2-3 TV’s in their home, DISH offers a small but powerful complimentary receiver, Joey. A Joey connects multiple TV’s in the home with the Hopper to help create what DISH calls a “whole-home entertainment experience.” The Joey has all the same benefits as the Hopper and can either be wired or wireless.

*All offers require credit qualification, 24-month commitment with early termination fee and eAutoPay. Prices include Hopper Duo for qualifying customers. The Hopper, Hopper with Sling or Hopper 3 is $5 per month or more. Upfront fees may apply based on your credit qualification

Free Professional Standard Installation

Unlike most service providers, DISH will mount the satellite dish and install the Whole-Home DVR system for free. The company is extremely transparent about what customers can expect on their installation day and what the installation includes.

Customers can expect their DISH technician to:

• Conduct a site survey and provide recommendations to where the satellite dish should be placed
  • Assemble and mount the satellite dish
  • Install DISH receivers (Hopper, Joey, etc.) for each television included in the service, in up to 6 rooms
  • Program DISH remotes to work with the TV and DISH Receiver
  • Answer any questions
  • Provide prompt and courteous service

24/7 Customer Service

Because of the company’s focus on customer satisfaction, DISH has technical support agents standing by 24/7 to help troubleshoot, resolve issues, and get customers back to watching their favorite show. DISH has nine call centers located throughout the United States filled with customer service agents who are ready to help answer and resolve any questions.

DISH Protect

DISH Protect ensures customers that if something goes wrong with their equipment, DISH has them covered. Customers can select from a Silver, Gold, or Platinum plan — depending on how much coverage they want. Here are the current pricing and coverage for the DISH Protect plans:

Silver: $9.99 per month

• $0 Technician Visits (regular cost $95)
  • Advanced Agent Access
  • First Appointment of the Day
  • Joeys at No Upfront Cost
  • 10% Smart Home Services Discount
  • Free Shipping on Replacement Equipment
  • Identity Recovery

Gold: $12.99 per month (includes all features of the Silver plan)

• Identity Protection
  • Cybersecurity and Anti-Virus
  • Real-Time Tech Support

Platinum: $24.99 per month (includes all Silver and Gold plan features)

• Whole-Home Device Protection

*Not included in the 2-year price guarantee or advertised price (and subject to change)

*All packages, programming, features, and functionality are subject to change without notice. For business customers, additional monthly fees may apply. DISH Protect plans are not available to all DISH subscribers, please contact the company to determine whether you qualify

The Bad

• Additional Fees
  • Does Not Offer NFL Sunday Ticket
  • Weather Conditions Can Affect The Signal

Additional Fees

With all that DISH has to offer, customers may find themselves signing up for better equipment, more channels, and longer contracts. Although fees are standard throughout the industry, customers should be aware of what’s being added to their bill. Here’s a list of some of the current DISH Network fees that customers may come across:

DVR Service

• Expedited (with DISH Protect): $20
  • Expedited (without DISH Protect): $35
  • Empty Boxes for Equipment Return: $15

Cancellation Fees

Early Termination (prorated per month remaining in the commitment)

• DISH’n It Up: $480
  • dishNET Satellite: $420
  • dishNET Wireline: $240
  • New Customer: $480
  • Preferred Customer Offer: $240

*2-year commitment: Early termination fee of $20 per month for the number of remaining months applies if you cancel early

Unreturned TV Equipment

• Wireless Joey: $25
  • Wally: $50
  • LNB: $49
  • SmartCard: $50

*Actual amounts may vary based on when your account was created or applicable services were added.

Does Not Offer NFL Sunday Ticket

While DISH does not offer NFL Sunday Ticket, customers can get the Multi-Sports Pack which includes the NFL Network and the NFL RedZone.

Weather Conditions Can Affect The Signal

As many customers have noticed, a satellite dish is affected by the weather. Storms, clouds, and snow will all mess with the TV signal. While this isn’t a problem for cable TV, DISH customers should be prepared to deal with this. However, customers can still watch their DVR recordings during short-term outages.

The Bottom Line

Customers who want all the bells and whistles from their TV provider should definitely look into DISH. The company offers reasonably priced TV packages — each with a great channel lineup and a 2-year price lock — 24/7 live and award-winning customers service, the industry’s most advanced DVR system, and the ability to watch and record shows on a mobile device with the app.  As far as getting your money’s worth with DISH there are plenty of options.

Customers should be aware of all DISH’s current network fees. However, the company is transparent about all its fees and customers can easily find them on the website.

DISH doesn't offer NFL Sunday Ticket. However, if this isn’t a deal-breaker, then DISH is an excellent choice.

We recommend customers call or visit the site to see what offers and promotions DISH has to offer.

*Terms and Conditions Apply

3.1

Helen Macfarlane
September 19th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Dish is easy to use and provides quality service. There are a lot of different options out there and DISH would be high on my recommendation list!

Roxanne Roehler
September 12th, 2019 North Liberty, IA DETAILS

I would never get Dish again. They really know how to badly treat you. They do not care about you. Only your money. They take money out of your checking account without your permission. I would not recommend them to anyone. Was the worse experience I have had.

Rory Henrie
September 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I had Dish for about 15 years. I had hardly any issues at all. I really liked the service. I only switched to bundle other features. I would recommend as a satelite tv service.

Joy Hill
September 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Love Dish - I've been with them for nearly 20 years. I like that the price is flat - no promos that leave you paying a ton when the promo period is over. Simple

Dolly Alexander
September 11th, 2019 Manassas, VA DETAILS

Dish techs have been great - but I was sold on the hughesnet internet services when I had DLS - was told they were faster ! NOT true and what Dish tells you is that you can cancel hughesnet if not satisfied in a 30 day money back guarantee - that is incorrect they cost me $173.00 for the installation after I cancelled Hughesnet would not return that fee plus they want $400.00 to cancel - which i did not pay-had to argue with management - but am still out $173.00 for the installation - had to cancel terrible internet service ! Don't use hughesnet ! Dish stop telling people this information !

KC
September 9th, 2019 Norton, KS DETAILS

I was a DISH customer for over 10 years. I called on September 8th to notify them that I was moving out of state in a few weeks. They scheduled an appt with me to hook my DISH back up in October. Several hours after I hung up with them, I turned on my television and has lost all my local channels. I called DISH and I was told that because of my upcoming move, they switched me over to local programming in the state I am moving to! I reminded them that I was not moving for two weeks. They said if they had to switch me back to my current local channels, I would be charged ten dollars and the move (and appt) would be canceled! So much for being prepared and trying to notify them in advance. The whole thing was insane. When I do move, I will be discontinuing DISH.

Mark P.
September 9th, 2019 Mukwonago, WI DETAILS

Dish TV was a terrible choice for me. Please beware. Here are my reasons for the one-star rating: 1. The initial package included a Hoppe and a Joey. What I did not know was that you could only watch 2 shows, including the DVR. If you wanted to watch AND record you had to upgrade. To function similar to my DirecTV or Spectrum Service I needed a one-time $150 fee for a SUPER Hopper. 2. One week after I started DISH canceled their FOX Sports contract. NO regional Baseball. While they claim that it is a major cost, after three calls and 2+ hours on the phone, they offered me a reduction of $3.60 per MONTH on my bill. 3. During my numerous conversations complaining about the sports cancellation, the final agent offered to suspend my account until the dispute was resolved. Mind you this took over 3 hours of conversations. 4. When I told them I wanted to cancel, they assessed a $460 cancellation fee. A rival offered to pick up the fee. When I requested a final bill with the fee labeled (required for the buy out) the Dish agent lied and said that the buyout would be in the form of a $5/month credit with my new provider. 5. The cancellation phone call took almost 44 minutes even though, from the outset, I informed them that I was canceling and want to expedite the process. Customer SERVICE by the installation tech was awesome. However, every other aspect of the DISH "experience" left a negative impression. Avoid this unless you relish poor service, uncompromising contracts and deceptive practices.

Ron Durfey
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I used Dish a long time ago and there always seemed to be issues with the reception. The number of times I had Dish come out to repair my service was ridiculous. I have now been with my current satellite provider for 11 years and have not left yet. Dish has a great product and I'm getting tempted to give them another shot.

kristin Gneiting
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have had Dish Satellite in the past and I like their equipment and easy installation. They have great deals and it can be easily adapted to my interests, and the interests of my whole family. I like their technology of being able to skip through commercials and the equipment is good enough to be able to record many programs at the same time and have lots of storage. Right now Dish is my only option to watch the local NBC channel as it isn't on Directv.

Janalyn Memmott
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We love dish! We have been with them for many years. We tried other companies but we like Dish the best. It may not be the cheapest, but we like the packages and they have great customer service. Thanks!!

Darrin Henry
September 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Dish was a great company, but I didn't get to watch the NFL package with it. Otherwise it was a good value.

Seth
September 6th, 2019 Derby, KS DETAILS

As a long time dish customer, pushing almost 7 years now, I am pleased to say that I would go back and sign up in a heartbeat. The excellent customer service I have received in addition to the hassle-free breeze they made it when I moved across the country have kept me quite loyal. In addition even with all these smaller and cheaper services coming online none of them seem to have what I actually want to watch. And with the only sport that I’m at the mercy of the regional programming being the nfl, I think Dish is well worth it.

Rob Bennett
September 4th, 2019 Terre Haute, IN DETAILS

Do yourself a favor and pass on Dish .this company is a joke, treat people like dirt. Service is pretty much nonexistent.

Randy Scoville
September 4th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I've been a customer for 15 years. I really like the variety of channels they offer. However, it is expensive, and I am considering cancelling due to cheap services like Netflix and Amazon Prime.

Melvin K.
August 29th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

No benefit for being a long term customer- benefits of staying after 2 years is laughable.

Campbell Blair
August 29th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Dish wasn't my favorite, it would often space out and stop for a couple of second. I also feel like it's too expensive.

Jm
August 28th, 2019 Montclair, NJ

The stupid sales rep quoted me for a price that I agreed to and when the installation person came he did not have the correct satellite. He then told me his work order was different compared to what the sales person entered into the system. When I called customer service I was transferred multiple times to the same departments and once I actually spoke to someone they would not honor the original price and package that I agreed to and only offered to give me a discount for half of the required contract even though they messed up my quote after confirming it multiple times with the sales rep. They are useless

Freddie
August 26th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

I switched from Direct TV to Dish due to the constant increases in price for Direct TV. I thought Dish's DVR system would be at least similar to Direct TV since I hadn't read any negative reviews about Dish. Boy, was I wrong! Dish's DVR system has to be the worst I've ever had to deal with which is something that nobody has written about and is not something a person would know until they actually have it installed. Their DVR system is not only quite confusing to use, but if you pause a recording, when you go to replay it, it has already moved forward several minutes so you have to figure out where you left off and rewind to that place (good luck with remembering that!). That happens all the time, and the remote control automatically also fast forwards a show no matter if it's a recording or a live one. Extremely frustrating and time-consuming!!! Also, the fast forward and rewind is terrible. You hardly have any control and have to go back and forth to actually get to where you want to be. I have complained for months and Dish just says they're working on it, but I don't believe them. These software issues should have never been programmed that way and I believe they have known for many years about these problems with their DVR system. They either don't know how to fix them or they just don't care to fix them. Just want the public to be aware of what they're getting when they switch to Dish. Wish someone had written a review with this info before I signed a 2 yr. contract with Dish!!!

Ellie Rhodes
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Signal low, lack of trained personnel, forcing current customers to use a Google Assistant or lose features

Brittany morris
August 22nd, 2019 Poteau, OK DETAILS

I started my 2 year contact in 2017. my contract should be expired at this time(08/2019). my bill recently doubled so I called to cancel the service and was told my last payment of $92 would be refunded ( the bill was paid 2 days prior to my cancellation ). A couple days after canceling I received an email stating I would be charged an additional $262 so I called dish and they told me it was and early termination fee (so not only was I not getting a refund of $92 I am being charged an additional $262) I attempted to explain to the rep that I should not be under contract but was told that I renewed my contract in December 2018. I asked for dish to provide proof of my consent to renew the contract and they have yet to provide any proof. They said I should have received an email about this change to my account back in December but I have no emails outside of my normal monthly billing statement email. the rep said they would also send me an email copy of the form I signed but they could not see it on their computer so they would have to request it and email it to me. I have waited over a week for that email and still have not received any proof.

rkw15656
August 21st, 2019 Leechburg, PA DETAILS

Poor Customer Support. Reference two issues that have been reported over 3 years ago, and still have Dish saying "we are working on that". 1) Netflix on Hopper 3 blank screen 2) Dish Anywhere does not work without internet. Dish continues to advertise you can download to phone, then watch without internet. NOT TRUE.

Nicholas P Cantarella
August 20th, 2019 Metter, GA DETAILS

i've been a Dish Customer for 21 yrs an have experienced multiple inconsistencies. But i think this most recent inconsistency has me longing for my contract to expire in 13 months. i purchased a External Hard Drive from Dish within the last few months, to store Movies an Sports. Basically to free up space on my Hooper Reciever storage capacity. i was in the process of transferring from Hopper storage to External Storage an a error message appeared. i called Dish Advantaged Tech Support an basically was told, i would have to examine each recording on the External Hard Drive Storage to find which recording were corrupt or where the error had accured. This process is not Practical, an to add to this Debacle once a Movie is transferred from Hopper Hard Drive to External Hard Drive, the recording, weather its corrupt or not, is deleted from the Hopper Storage. Dish sells these External Hard Drive Storage accessories for $150.00. Not that i want my money back. i would of thought the research an development personnel would have perfected such an accessory, before they went to market with it. As i may have said earlier, the Technical Experts at Dish say there is nothing they can not assist with in this matter. In other words they are saying you (The Customer) have purchased an accessory from us that may or may not work properly an there is no Technical Support available for this issue. Like i know I said earlier it's time for a new media source in 13 months or sooner.

Terry
August 13th, 2019 DETAILS

Get a roku box and Netflix add sling TV and have it all for way less and no hassle

Mazi Marcel Womack
August 7th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

Dish network is so great! Working with their customer service, to figure out stuff out, was an awesome experience.

ANDREW ROBINSON
August 6th, 2019 Saint Paul, MN DETAILS

I signed a 2 year contract on 7/28/17. The wireless equipment they installed did not work in my house at all. Service techs came to my house at least 6 times over the next 6 weeks trying to make it work - I was without service per my contract with the company for at least six weeks, but continued to be billed for service. Finally, the tech put in a hard wired system that worked ok so long as it wasn't raining. On 7/28/19 I received a bill for service that increased the fee by 40% ($140). At that point, I decided to switch to YouTube TV, which provides an almost identical service for $50/mo, When I called to cancel, I was charged $40 to terminate, $100 for 1 week of service, and was told I'll be charged $60 to send the equipment back for a total of $200. Not only is the monthly cost not even close to competitive, they will screw you when it comes time to end your service. Save yourself the aggravation. Not only is streaming service 70% cheaper, there is no equipment to hassle with, no screws in Denver to raid your checking account willy nilly. Dish has been a nightmare from day 1.

Azvalleycrosser
August 1st, 2019 DETAILS

Warning: - they will SIGNIFICANTLY raise your rate after your first contract is up - they will SIGNIFICANTLY reduce your channel selection if you don’t pay the rate hike (that is, for the channels they didn’t already lose from contract negotiations with channels like Fox sports, NCAA conferences, etc) - if you move somewhere that doesn’t get DISH or if the property owner won’t give permission to install dish, they will charge you for breaking the contract (“your fault for moving somewhere that won’t allow us in”) My advice: just don’t! Get HuluTV or YouTubeTV and cut ALL the cords - theirs, DirectTV, Cox, ALL OF THESE SLEAZY thieves!! (Sling is owned by Dish, so expect the same price gouging and games to screw you over!!!)

Dr.J
July 30th, 2019 Russell, KY DETAILS

There are many channels to choose from & the equipment functions well and quality of picture and sound is good. DISH seems to be suffering from their pain success...equipment fees borderline suspect in that they APPEAR to look for every opportunity to grab some cash. Recently one of my Joey's went bad (after 4 yrs), but instead of sending a replacement, the tech people argued with me for 30 minutes about going through a check system. I finally threatened to cancel and ONLY then would they send me a replacement part. Their stiff-necked approach to dealing with competition is why I cancelled. Streaming services & competitors are adapting to consumer demand, but DISH insists on the customer accepting (& renting) a "channel package". Among all members of our household, we watch ~25 channels. We had to purchase their most expensive plan for those 25 channels. 10 years ago they could do that.... but not any more with HULU, Roku, NEFLIX, Firesticks, etc. Due to their packaging & equipment charges, my bill WITHOUT LOSING CHANNELS was ~$70 higher than I now pay. Buy DISH!

Grant
July 29th, 2019 Louisa, VA DETAILS

Service goes out on sunny days without a cloud in the sky. Then Dish wants to charge you $95 to have a tech check their equipment.

Ben Crisp
July 10th, 2019 Temecula, CA DETAILS

I had dish network while I was at school and I was pleased overall. It’s not the best in terms of channel selection or quality but I feel like you get what you’re paying for. It was cheaper than most providers so that is a plus.

Pharam
July 8th, 2019 DETAILS

had them for 10 + years - always easy to work with

Colvin Doughty
July 8th, 2019 DETAILS

Considering there is no cable and no cell service available in my remote area, they don't do too bad

R. LaCour
July 5th, 2019 Buffalo, TX DETAILS

Always plays reruns. Half of channels are music. Dish anywhere is a joke it depends where you are when trying to watch TV they do not have it anywhere. To high compared to TV you can get for free through internet. They don’t listen just a sales gimmick be sure to check options before getting this. They keep cutting channels and going up on prices. Bottom line it’s not worth the money. They leave out it depends on where service is located.

Kelly Camarillo
June 27th, 2019 DETAILS

Great customer service, helped me get my bill and TV service more affordable!

Rosann Stanko
June 26th, 2019 Logan, UT DETAILS

We enjoyed DISH, but found a company that didn’t charge as much so we switched. I did appreciate the customer service department and their patience with my questions.

Estela Baca
June 24th, 2019 DETAILS

Like the programming but highly expensive....prices need to be lower for loyal customers. Or give me a different approach so I can still have my channels and less pay.

Christopher
June 24th, 2019 DETAILS

Fair overall. Services change with limited notice, but overall value is much better than competitors in the market.

Barb Rhodes
June 24th, 2019 DETAILS

Good service. Helpful when changing packages

Home
June 24th, 2019 DETAILS

Rarely need to contact them. They always work with me with rare problems and always work with me to get discounts

T
June 19th, 2019 DETAILS

Expensive. Cancelled subscription. Lots of channels to pick from but I never watched more than a couple stations.

Nicholas
June 18th, 2019 Lake Villa, IL

Dish is a good service and has a couple of channels but there are not a ton of channels. it is good but not great.

Jayde Walker
June 18th, 2019 Provo, UT

We LOVE dish. Such a good price for great channels. Never switching from his service.

Alyssa skinner
June 13th, 2019 Gilbert, AZ DETAILS

I have had dish for the last few years a and have loved it. Whenever there is a problem I don’t know how to fix customer service has always been quick to help!!

Ken Francis
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT

Once upon a time I loved them. They had great shows and were a good service and then competition came in and they didn't keep up.

Hannah Francis
June 11th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

This was an awful service. It was always stalling and not able to connect. More frustration than is necessary to watch a football game.

Isaac
June 10th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

We used to have dish as our tv provider for a few years but we kept having problems and the channels wouldn’t all work so I called the guy and talked to him but he never got back to me.

Marissa
June 10th, 2019 Redwood Falls, MN

I had Dish all growing up and it was a good service with a lot of channels. They are a bit pricy, and I wish you could just choose which channels you wanted and not pay for all the other stuff.

Mardee Eames
June 7th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

We left dish because the price continued to go up. If I was a new customer dish offers deals. But not for loyal customers

M eames
June 7th, 2019 Kaysville, UT DETAILS

The price continued to rise every year. You only offered good deals to new customers.

susie
June 5th, 2019 Kaysville, UT

my family used fish for a really long time. and we are glad we changed because it was getting so expensive and wasn’t the best.

Grant Lofgreen
June 4th, 2019 Provo, UT

Dish has served me mostly well. It doesn't work in the rain and the quality of the HD video is not as good as that of cable but it is significantly cheaper. Channel offerings are more than satisfactory.