DISH Logo

DISH

8.1

LAST UPDATED: October 2nd, 2022

Despite its humble beginnings, today DISH is a Fortune 250 company that employs approximately 16,000 people in the United States and provides pay-TV service to more than 12 million subscribers throughout the country. DISH offers some of the highest quality programming and state-of-the-art technology.

Even with its commitment to consistently introducing the most innovative products, DISH strives to lead the industry by offering customers the best value — the same channels but at a better price

This DISH TV review will discuss the good, the bad, and the bottom line for DISH TV as a Satellite TV provider.

2018 DISH Awards

Ranked #1 in Customer Satisfaction by JD Power

2018 Temkin Experience Ratings, Industry Leader in TV/Internet Service industry

CE Pro BEST Awards, DISH OnePoint

Residential Systems Best of Show – Hopper 3 with Google Assistant Integration

The Good

• DISH TV Packages
  • DISH High-Speed Internet Add-Ons
  • Whole-Home HD DVR
  • Free Professional Standard Installation
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Voice Remote with the Google Assistant
  • DISH Protect

DISH TV Packages

DISH network offers customers four TV packages that provide hours of entertainment. Customers can choose their package based on their unique preferences. Whether looking for sports channels, HD channels, Live TV, etc., DISH TV packages provide options for you. Each DISH TV package comes with a 2-year TV price guarantee, free HD for life, over 70 Sirius XM music channels, DISH Anywhere, and a free standard professional installation.

Additionally, each package comes with a Smart HD DVR and a free Voice Remote. For specific channel lineup, you can find more information on DISH's website.

190  TV Channels: America’s Top 120

• $59.99 per month with a 2-year contract
  • Notable: ESPN, USA, CMT, Disney Channel, E!
  • Local Channels
  • Over 28,000 free On Demand Titles

190+ TV Channels: America’s Top 120 Plus

• $74.99 per month with a 2-year contract
  • Notable Channels: SEC Network, Big Ten Network, Pac-12 Network, NFL Network, and Regional Sports Included
  • ESPN and Local Channels

• ESPN, Local Channels, and Regional Sports
  • Over 35,000 free On Demand Titles

290+ TV Channels: America’s Top 250

• $94.99 per month with a 2-year contract
  • All of America’s Top 200 plus 17 movie channels: Turner Classic Movies, STARZ Encore Channels, The Movie Channel, and more
  • ESPN, Local Channels, NFL Network, and Regional Sports
  • Over 36,000 free On Demand Titles

Depending on the package, subscribers can enjoy upwards of 290 channels to choose from. Unlike some other satellite TV providers, DISH offers its services in all 50 states in the United States with 24/7 customer support. Although subscribers should be aware that all offers require credit qualification, 2-year commitment with an early termination fee, and eAutoPay.

With select packages, customers will receive a free 3 month trial of premium channels from SHOWTIME, STARZ, and Disney Movie Pack.

*After 3 months you will be billed $30 per month unless you call and cancel.

DISH High-Speed Internet Add-Ons

One of the advantages of investing in DISH TV is the additional discounts that you will receive when you bundle your service with other services offered by DISH. For those that add high-speed internet to their DISH TV plans, pricing can start as low as $20 per month. This high-speed internet service will provide speed for surfing, streaming, and gaming.

*Internet services and pricing are subject to availability and some restrictions apply. For more information, it would be advantageous to speak with DISH customer service representative

Whole-Home HD DVR

The Hopper 3, DISH’s award-winning Whole-Home HD DVR and secondary receivers allow customers to watch TV in any room in the house. Users can start watching a show in the living room and when they get tired can pause and resume the show once they’re in bed. Customers can also say goodbye to recording conflicts as DISH lets customers record 16 programs at once. Perhaps one of the most unique features from the Hopper 3 is the ability to watch four channels at once.

For customers with more than 2-3 TV’s in their home, DISH offers a small but powerful complimentary receiver, Joey. A Joey connects multiple TV’s in the home with the Hopper to help create what DISH calls a “whole-home entertainment experience.” The Joey has all the same benefits as the Hopper and can either be wired or wireless.

*All offers require credit qualification, 24-month commitment with early termination fee and eAutoPay. Prices include Hopper Duo for qualifying customers. The Hopper, Hopper with Sling or Hopper 3 is $5 per month or more. Upfront fees may apply based on your credit qualification

Free Professional Standard Installation

Unlike most service providers, DISH will mount the satellite dish and install the Whole-Home DVR system for free. The company is extremely transparent about what customers can expect on their installation day and what the installation includes.

Customers can expect their DISH technician to:

• Conduct a site survey and provide recommendations to where the satellite dish should be placed
  • Assemble and mount the satellite dish
  • Install DISH receivers (Hopper, Joey, etc.) for each television included in the service, in up to 6 rooms
  • Program DISH remotes to work with the TV and DISH Receiver
  • Answer any questions
  • Provide prompt and courteous service

24/7 Customer Service

Because of the company’s focus on customer satisfaction, DISH has technical support agents standing by 24/7 to help troubleshoot, resolve issues, and get customers back to watching their favorite show. DISH has nine call centers located throughout the United States filled with customer service agents who are ready to help answer and resolve any questions.

Voice Remote with the Google Assistant

DISH offers a voice remote that is compatible with the Google Assistant. This has been done by integrating the smart assistant directly into each DISH set-top box. Users can change channels, open apps, search for specific actors or shows, ask questions, and even manage daily tasks like adding food items to the shopping list. Other features include a remote locator, backlit keys, and the ability to personalize specific hotkeys.

DISH Protect

DISH Protect ensures customers that if something goes wrong with their equipment, DISH has them covered. Customers can select from a Silver, Gold, or Platinum plan — depending on how much coverage they want. Here are the current pricing and coverage for the DISH Protect plans:

Silver: $9.99 per month

• $0 Technician Visits (regular cost $95)
  • Advanced Agent Access
  • First Appointment of the Day
  • Joeys at No Upfront Cost
  • 10% Smart Home Services Discount
  • Free Shipping on Replacement Equipment
  • Identity Recovery

Gold: $12.99 per month (includes all features of the Silver plan)

• Identity Protection
  • Cybersecurity and Anti-Virus
  • Real-Time Tech Support

Platinum: $24.99 per month (includes all Silver and Gold plan features)

• Whole-Home Device Protection

*Not included in the 2-year price guarantee or advertised price (and subject to change)

*All packages, programming, features, and functionality are subject to change without notice. For business customers, additional monthly fees may apply. DISH Protect plans are not available to all DISH subscribers, please contact the company to determine whether you qualify

The Bad

• Additional Fees
  • Does Not Offer NFL Sunday Ticket
  • Weather Conditions Can Affect The Signal

Additional Fees

With all that DISH has to offer, customers may find themselves signing up for better equipment, more channels, and longer contracts. Although fees are standard throughout the industry, customers should be aware of what’s being added to their bill. Here’s a list of some of the current DISH Network fees that customers may come across:

DVR Service

• Expedited (with DISH Protect): $20
  • Expedited (without DISH Protect): $35
  • Empty Boxes for Equipment Return: $15

Cancellation Fees

Early Termination (prorated per month remaining in the commitment)

• DISH’n It Up: $480
  • dishNET Satellite: $420
  • dishNET Wireline: $240
  • New Customer: $480
  • Preferred Customer Offer: $240

*2-year commitment: Early termination fee of $20 per month for the number of remaining months applies if you cancel early

Unreturned TV Equipment

• Wireless Joey: $25
  • Wally: $50
  • LNB: $49
  • SmartCard: $50

*Actual amounts may vary based on when your account was created or applicable services were added.

Does Not Offer NFL Sunday Ticket

While DISH does not offer NFL Sunday Ticket, customers/sports fans can get the Multi-Sports Pack which includes the NFL Network and the NFL RedZone.

Weather Conditions Can Affect The Signal

As many customers have noticed, a satellite dish is affected by the weather. Storms, clouds, and snow will all mess with the TV signal. While this isn’t a problem for cable TV, DISH customers should be prepared to deal with this. However, customers can still watch their DVR recordings during short-term outages.

The Bottom Line

Customers who want all the bells and whistles from their TV provider should definitely look into DISH. The company offers reasonably priced TV packages — each with a great channel lineup and a 2-year price guarantee — 24/7 live and award-winning customer service, the industry’s most advanced DVR system, and the ability to watch and record shows on a mobile device with the app. As far as getting your money’s worth with DISH there are plenty of options.

Customers should be aware of all DISH’s current network fees. However, the company is transparent about all its fees and customers can easily find them on the website.

DISH doesn't offer NFL Sunday Ticket. However, if this isn’t a deal-breaker, then DISH is an excellent choice.

We recommend customers call or visit the site to see what offers and promotions DISH has to offer.

*Terms and Conditions Apply

Call our recommended rep over at DISH below.

3.0

bluecats x IA

I signed up for Dish for sports. Yet they don’t even carry ESPN now! Unreal. I tried talking to customer service and they sent me to a “dead end “ and wouldn’t allow me to talk to anyone. I hate Dish!!

Gary Schakel Oberlin, OH

Don't be fooled by this undisclosed trick that Dish has when you bundle with another company! After cancelling the package due to moving, Dish continued to charge the disconnected equipment because of an unknown procedure, "you only needed one phone to get the package, but have to make two separate calls to cancel". so you continue to get charged for something you aren't even using until you have a collection process tarnishing your credit. A CRAPPY AND SNEAKY DISHONEST COMPANY!

C J Stanko Ellenton, FL

I've had Dish for the past few years at a second home. When it works things are fine. To go from what Dish refers to as "vacation mode" to reactivating service again, you must call Dish service. Thats where the nightmare begins. 20-30 on hold to talk to a real person. I've just sold that property and I'm now trying to cancel my service. On hold 32 minutes than call disconnected. Called again. This time ONLY 30 minute wait and got a real person. He verified my information than said he had to transfer me to the correct dept. Another 15 minutes on hold to be told once more I had to be transferred once again. I got mad and hung up. Looked up corporate office and called. Same story there. Only offer the same number that gets you a 30 wait time. Dish isn't worth the aggravation. Can I give minus stars?

Robert Mott Bellevue, MI

I live in a very rural area and Dish was the only service available. I like the set up and the voice remote.

Melissa Currie Dublin, GA

I have been a dish customer for over 20 years. Never been late or missed a payment. We bundled our account with windstream 16 yrs ago. We ended up selling our 2nd home and unbundled. Windstream took out the entire dish bill but didn’t pay dish the full amount which they took out of my checking acct jun 2, I’ve been trying to get this straight but neither company will help or cares. You can’t speak to someone who actually knows something. I will be cutting the cord because no one will help me. My advice is don’t bundle and if you want to talk to someone who can fix or even attempt to try to fix a problem, dish is not your company. I’m done but they don’t care. It’s funny in the United States of America, businesses don’t care about paying long term customers. My question then is where are they getting their money? Subsidies from our taxes? I have never missed a payment windstream paid $83.18 on 6/23/22, I paid them $167.59 for dish on 6/2/22. Where is my $. I have the statement from the bank. To keep my service on I’ve paid dish a total of $391.04. For June and July. These numbers are wrong and their math is wrong. I’m done no more $ all because a human couldn’t help a customer. Good luck to anyone new who goes down this road!

Brian Gorby Fort Worth, TX

After 23 years as a customer I will absolutely never do business with anything even associated with Dish Network. About 1 1/2 years ago my Reciever DVR started acting up real bad I called Dish Network and they had a repairman come and he replaced my broken equipment with the Hopper and Joey, little did I know that they were locking me into a 2 year contract for the new equipment "NEVER EXPLAINED TO ME" so roll forward to a couple months ago I was able to upgrade my internet from 3mb to 100mb making streaming a real option. So I decided to call and Terminate my Services because I liked the streaming service better. Well the Agent "never told me that I was under contract" talked me into putting my account on standby just incase I didn't like the steaming services. Fair enough, I waited a few months and decided to call back and Terminate my Services only to find out that I am under contract. The Agent tried to tell me that I would have to wait 8 months before I could cancel. She offered to lower my bill from the $120+ I was paying a month to $59 and so much but, but, but from them. Finally I was told after asking that I could buy out the remainder of my Contract for $20 for each month remaining for a total of $160 I took this option. Just hate that it took me several disconnect callbacks and nearly 3 hours to get my Service canceled. They really made me mad, can't believe that I was treated as I was after being a customer for so many years.

Dan Woodland Park, CO

The service was good. Usually uninterrupted, but the basic channels do not have what we like to see, you always have to pay for and upgrade to a higher tier to really get what you want, and then you get alot of channel's you don't want.

Steve Garlock Ashburn, VA

We have had Dish for 13 years. When we tried to cancel our services they said we are under contract for 2 more years and it would cost $340 to cancel our service . . . we haven't changed our service in 13 YEARS! . . . but somehow under a contract. I don't know why they are duplicating the failed business model of Hughes Net, but that seems to be their policy. I would highly recommend going with any other company if you have the option.

Steve Walters Memphis, TN

Couldn’t get fox when the Super Bowl was on now they have blocked ESPN AND OTHER COLLEGE FOOTBALL STATIONS

VJ PETITT Lehi, UT

Average for how businesses handle customers - clients these days. Not the top of the line experience that someone like Warren Buffet recommends as the correct model for success. Heavy clouds or snow will often interfere with signal ... but that is not uncommon for any satellite based system. VERY frustrated at the inability to keep their local viewing guide current and up to date. When you record a special event, sporting event or new show... and ... it is a completely different incorrect program, we find that extremely frustrating . When a client calls for support or help on such an item, PLEASE just get them the help, DO NOT first have them listen to a recording trying to up sell them on a new product or bundle and stop trying to guess at advise as to the top likely issues they might be calling about. Client time is valuable and they do not like hanging on the phone waiting for a service representative or for a technician.

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

I recently moved in a rural area that made mobile phone service challenging. Unfortunately the same area did not allow for a choice in sat. television providers either. My only choice was DISH and I reluctantly ordered the service. It's been almost 2 years later and I can honestly say that there isn't any more reluctance, and I've been enjoying the convenience of DISH TV's quality program choices, easy payments and reliable technical support and customer service...

Roger Arrand

We had cox for so many years. I had some issues with them. BUT never as many as Dish.its so over priced and terrible service. As soon as this 2 year deal is over I'm going back to Cox. Grass is not always greener on the other side. Pure crap.

John Tucker Albuquerque, NM

I pay 80+ dollars a month for what amounts to a bunch of unmitigated crap. Then, when a show I'm really interested in comes on the reception all of a sudden goes down the toilet. If this, or any other provider, were( interested in us customers they would listen to and provide us with the programming we want, no BS, no questions asked!

Teresa Taylor FL

I had Dishtv satellite service for almost 3 years. Terrible reception went out even in the smallest storm. Then the price went up after 2 years. I called and was told nothing could be done about the pricing so I switched to Directv to see if reception was better. When I called to cancel Dishtv the woman spent 35 minutes trying to bully me into staying with Dishtv!! I had to scream at her to cancel my service and arrange to return my equipment! Lousy service, lousy reception high prices I can't say anything good about them. Hope Directv is better!

Monique Snow Sterling, CT

Dish TV was one of the better satellite TV choices for me. They have great promotional packages and a good selection of channels.

Cameo Surdakowski Phoenix, AZ

The service is the worst. Shortly after starting my dish service I realized my box did not work properly. They would not repair or replace my box unless I paid to do so. I dealt with 1/2 of the capability that I paid for for 2 years. I cancelled my service as soon as my contract was up. They then charged me to return the equipment. They would not let me print my own shipping label, I had to use their $15 box and label.

Sheila Adams LA

I am very discouraged with dish network because my 77 year old mothers house burned to the ground she lives on a fixed income and has nothing left to her name. We called to have her service cut off and they are charging her $300.00 to turn her service off. No compromise. I would not use this company that is going to be this disrespectful to a 77 year old woman whose life was turned upside down to a fire.

Maggie Thompson Nathalie, VA

We have been DISH users for nearly 10 years only because they are the only provider in our area. Not once during that time has the customer been first. They do not monitor the age of equipment and/or offer to replace before it dies. Our most current issue: primary box had fatal error meaning we can not record, pause, go back, go forward, can only watch prime time recordings from primary box, will have to re-enter all of our favorite recordings set up, and DISH will not expedite delivery of new box or provide a delivery date. The only positive I have to say about DISH is they have live chat so it is not necessary to speak to live person and listen to them read canned responses. Our bill continues to climb - is nearly $200/month with NO premium channels. They have never allowed a credit no matter how long ALL paid for services are not available. Our bill is set up for auto pay so they get their money on time no matter how poor the service is. My next correspondence is to the FCC and both my state and federal representatives.

Tami B Lacey, WA

I regret getting Dish, have only had it 3 months and nothing but problems! On demand only works about half the time. If it does work, it often freezes constantly! The Hopper needs reset at least once a week to function properly! Their billing is crazy! I asked that a bill be mailed before service started. It took me 3 months to get a bill. Then they claimed I owed for a month I'd paid for! Out of total frustration and risking no television, I paid the full amount to bring the account current! I should not have a payment due until June 2nd. Somehow I suspect something will come up! They also applied a service contract without my consent! I'll be going back to Xfinity as soon as I can!

Debbie Wilson Minneapolis, MN

This company is an absolute ripoff. At the beginning of April I was moving to a new home and I looked into dish network. I set up installation which was to take place on April 9th. I moved on April 8th and that day I realized someone had stolen $1,500 out of my bag. I contacted all of the extra companies that were to be doing connection at my home that weekend. I contacted dish Network was guaranteed by a customer service representative that my install would be placed on hold and that I would not be charged any amount of money until I was ready for connection. The very next day, they took almost $170 out of my account. We are now at April 22nd and I'm still fighting to get my money back. By them removing money from my account unauthorized they also cost me to go in the negative in the bank account due to someone stealing my money and not having money in my account for them to take money. So now I have paid $70 and overdraft fees I'm still out the $170 they took from me and was told by a representative today they have exhausted all avenues and basically it doesn't look like I'm going to get my money back. I want everyone to be aware this company does not care about their customers or their potential customers all they care about is stealing your money.

Tony Lolli Meyersdale, PA

Had a problem with recordings being not available. Called customer service. Got connected with a rep VERY quickly. She fixed the problem by leading me through several steps. Give her a raise.

Forrest Henry Las Vegas, NV

For a month I constantly had to reset the hopper. It was recording shows at different times than scheduled and/or shows different from the scheduled recordings. Last week I called four times. Each time they reset but by the next day it was doing the same thing. I finally asked for a tech to check the system. He showed up and this is when I found out that this was a recurring problem. That it was a software glitch that wasn't going to be fixed till April 20th. This interfered with numerous recordings. The staff was very nice but it wasn't until the tech showed up that I found out the problem. The tech was great but I was a little irritated that it was an on going problem and wouldn't be fixed until April 20th. Next time please let us know. I wasted a lot of time and effort.

Sarah Osguthorpe Lehi, UT

We've been a dish family since I could remember and its never given us problems. Its constant great connection is amazing, and i love watching the tv and movies that are always showing. I recommend dish to everyone who asks me about a tv network.

Lisa Burrup Riverton, UT

I have been a dish customer for over 10 years. My favorite features of their services is the primetime anytime and the commercial auto skip feature. So great to not worry about missing my favorite shows or missing when a new show starts. I also like the app, however it is a little buggy and doesn’t always work very well. The price is higher than I would like to pay, but I really don’t know what I would do without it.

Eddie Rios Ogden, UT

Dish Network equals quality programming at a great cost. Several sports packages only available through Dish. And while competitors offer wild discounts to snag customers, they generally are more expensive in the long run, making Dish the better value overall. Stability in price, great customer support and good solid equipment make it hard to ever consider anyone other than Dish.

Rob Malta, OH

Overall, I'm quite impressed with DISH. Except during bad weather, reception is excellent. The only reason for not rating DISH with 5 stars is because of their programming and how it is presented. For example, I subscribe to the second most expensive lineup because there is ONE SINGLE program my wife likes. With that lineup comes several programs I would NEVER watch, and in my opinion, the cost is therefore too high for the content I do watch. I think DISH knows the most popular programs and creates their lineups accordingly to assure they maximize their income by manipulating them with certain favorable criteria for themselves. On the more positive side, the Hopper 3 is a technical advance for subscribers that's truly a boon. I can't say enough about the thorough control the Hopper provides to users. There are so many features they are significantly too numerous to mention. Suffice it to say that the Hopper is a superior control that adds tremendous advantages to a DISH viewer's viewing enjoyment! I only wish DISH and their competitors would develop true a la carte viewing lineups. That would be icing on the cake for DISH viewers, and potentially be a significant cost effective way to offer more programs and a lower cost to customers.

Neal Hiller Parrish, AL

The customer service is outstanding! They listen to all your concerns and answer all your questions to their best ability. If they are not sure of the answer they will find it out for you! Very very nice to deal with! And the price! I’m paying almost 3x less than I did with the other satellite tv provider!!! I give Dish a 5 Star on ALL accounts!!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Donna Peterson Baltimore, MD

Contacted Dish to adjust programming. The rep was professional and patient as we went through the numerous options. Her explanations were clear and I felt confident re: cost adjustments. I was transferred to another rep who walked me through the process of connecting a new receiver to my internet. She was also patient, professional, and provided very clear instructions. Due to recent difficult experiences with CSR’s at other companies, the quality of the ones I dealt with at Dish exceeded expectations.

Douglas Hess Jr Marietta, OH

I think DISH has been fantastic. Even during the contract disputes with some of the big companies they offer major discounts to compensate. I have looked at cable and Direct TV, but nothing compares to the outstanding programming, price and service of DISH Network. Whenever there is even a minor issue, their customer service people are quick to answer and always friendly and get the problem fixed fast!!! Long time customer and plan to be for a long time.

Johnnie Albea Winder, GA

I have had Dish since the 1990's and I love it. They are not only the lowest price of anyone else , they have the BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANYONE. I would pick them over all the rest for their customer service alone even if their price were higher because that is important to me. I have always got fast and friendly service every time I call. It is nice that I get the very best of both price and service. I will always be a Dish customer.

Bob Houston, TX

Although I like dish and there help on the phone as I travel is outstanding the online support I have used is less than I would call quality. The signals I get our usually great but there is still the problem of rain which it seams satellite companies cannot get around. I odd part I find about dish is the difference between the western satellites and the eastern. I believe the western 3 satellites give a better signal than the eastern 2. The price for the service is not cheap by any means but you can pick and choose. The big difference for me is HD for life. I would have liked the I Pad mini but for some reason I never received one. Would have given a higher score had I. I do recommend Dish and currently plan I keeping it even after the 2 years is up.

Kathleen SayVon Downers Grove, IL

I have had Dish for several years. First in Pingree Grove, Illinois. The Galaxy tech Derrick Johnson, had to have numerous phone calls and had to come back several times! He was polite and went above and beyond. I now have Dish in another location and the tech Chaz went above and beyond also from Galaxy. I have never had a problem with my bill. They have the most outstanding customer service I have ever experienced. They actually know what they are talking about. There are no hidden charges either! They get a 20 on a 1-10 scale=200%

Britt Chirrick Eugene, OR

I had DirectTV and it SUCKED!! They charge you a arm & a leg for everything! I was constantly calling them out for repair! They sucked me in for a 2year service contract just so I could get repairs for their failing equipment! Then when HD came out, They charged me $300.00 for the HD receiver that I found out I had to give back after I canceled them! I've never once had problem that Dish didn't fix for free! They are the Best! I Highly recommend them'

Tami Allen Gilbert, AZ

We've been Dish Network customers for over 10 years now. They have only gotten better since we first signed up. We have a great selection of channels, including many sports channels which my husband loves. He especially appreciates that Dish carries his PAC-12 network since he's an avid football fan, and they have ASU games on that channel. I love the DVR. It gives me the ability to record several shows at once, and has the storage capacity to store several seasons of several different shows. I love the extra space and the fact that I can record movies as well. I also love that we can watch DVR shows in every room in the house. Dish also has a PrimeTime Anytime channel that records the prime time shows from the major channels so you can watch them at your leisure. This is great for finding new favorite shows that I may have missed! My bill has stayed pretty much the same with a modest increase here or there, but it's been over a decade, so that doesn't bother me. The added technology and convenience have made it worth it to me.

Eric Flynn Oklahoma City, OK

Customer service is horrible!!! U go in on a special plan then after years of being a customer the plan expires so they just change ur cost without warning then try to tell u that u have to take less for more. No working on coming up with a good compromise. Just straight take the less for more or leave. I will NEVER go back to dish and I hope they go under.

Andrea Lee West New York, NJ

Do you like to watch things such as the Olympics? You WON'T GET TO with Dish Network! And, when you want to express your frustration for the lack of basic cable channels, they will suggest you do their dirty work and complain to TEGNA to demand that they give Dish a better deal for the channel, what kind of business asks their customers to go begging on their behalf, DISH network, that's who. Guess which other networks still allows you to watch NBC and won't have you calling other companies to complain on their behalf, Xfinity, Direct TV, etc. This move should be the end of Dish, but they have their customers by contract and they play on that to the tune of >$400 if you wish to cancel to do something simple like watch the Olympics when you pay $100 a month for cable! GETTING DISH WAS THE WORST DECISION, I WILL DROP THEM IMMEDIATELY ONCE THE CANCELLATION FEES ARE SO HIGH, DON'T GET LIED TO, GO TO ANOTHER CABLE SERVICE.

Arpi A Watertown, MA

This provider has some clear dishonest and predatory practices. I'd caution anyone -- especially those who are elderly -- to stay away from this provider. They falsified a contract, signing MY name below terms I never got the chance to see/review. In short, I put my account "on freeze" for a few months while I traveled, and when I came back, was told I had to pay $35 MORE per month to get local channels. Local channels! This fee was never disclosed, but apparently I signed a contract (I didn't), so, they get to do whatever they want. There was a missed opportunity when I put the account on hold to disclose/review these terms, but that didn't happen. They conveniently forgot to go over what would happen when I took my account off freeze. Calling Dish TV to talk about their dishonest business model gets you nowhere -- especially if you talk with Nicole who didn't seem to see anything wrong with the above AND then hung up on me. Amazing. Keep preying on the elderly, guys. And keep signing contracts for them. Top-notch business.

Max Winkel Payson, UT

We used to have directTV but when we switched to Dish we realized on how much we were missing out on. I know Direct has upgraded since then but from the voice remote to the simple buttons on it, along with live sports, tv shows, movies on demand, etc. You need to get dish

Barbara Horner Seaside, CA

I have had Dishnetwork for over 20 yrs. They are reliable and have never had any big problem w/ the service. the only complaint I have is pricing is too high, then most of the other cable providers are also too high. These companies should reduce their monthly programs fees by 15-20 dollars so many middle class people can afford to keep the service. The pay for movies are also too high in price. They went from 4.99 to 5.99 and most are now 6.99 and new release (secret garden) 19.99.

Frederic Shelby

Excellent phone service. The old menu was intuitive and required no explanation. The new menu is pure chaos and requires frequent calls to Dish. The font in the menu is extremely small. The manual for the remote is a picture brochure, like for a new car. Tells you all the features but explains nothing. It is frustrating to use.

Saya Lihka Jacksonville, FL

Dish offers a generally good variety of movies available for purchase that can be recorded. HOWEVER, in some cases, they limit the amount of time one has to watch the movie. And, once one begins watching, there is only a 24-hour window to finish watching. Once the time limits are reached, the program can no longer be viewed. Yes, this is annoying, but moreover, it's unfair. The price for the limited access movie is the same price as a movie that is fully available. At $5.99 a recording, one should be able to watch the movie at leisure. A fairer way might be limiting viewing to a single time. Or, if Dish wants to limit the time of availability, lower the price and give the viewer a choice in the matter.

Pamela Whitaker New Harmony, UT

I JUST TALKED WITH NAT, I3U, AND WANT YOU TO KNOW WHAT A SPECIAL PERSON HE IS. HE IS AN ASSET TO YOUR COMPANY! HE HAD SO MUCH PATIENCE WITH ME AND HELPED ME TO CONTINUE TO BE SO HAPPY WITH OUR DISH SERVICE PLEASE REWARD HIM FOR HIS GREAT SERVICE.!

Dolly Alexander Manassas, VA

Dish techs have been great - but I was sold on the hughesnet internet services when I had DLS - was told they were faster ! NOT true and what Dish tells you is that you can cancel hughesnet if not satisfied in a 30 day money back guarantee - that is incorrect they cost me $173.00 for the installation after I cancelled Hughesnet would not return that fee plus they want $400.00 to cancel - which i did not pay-had to argue with management - but am still out $173.00 for the installation - had to cancel terrible internet service ! Don't use hughesnet ! Dish stop telling people this information !

Jim Stewart Queen Creek, AZ

Overall a very good experience. Channel selection was outstanding. The service seemed to be interruped during stormy weather. The customer service representatives were very helpful with questions about service and reseting the reciever.

P.Warren Brown East Dublin, GA

The price is a little bit high, though not as much as DirectTV, but I am satisfied with the service overall. There are no cable companies offering service in my area, so I am not able to compare it to any other companies but DirectTV. The main thing I have a problem with is the fact that satellite internet is my only option, so streaming is not always the best option. I often want to watch a game that ends up only being streamed or on regional blackout, so I find it really frustrating to pay the amount of money I'm charged for the service and not being able to watch my Clemson teams.

A WILLIAMS

I signed up for service they notified and arrived as scheduled. After installation i noticed my promo stations werent activated so i called and had them activated i was unable to get my hbo year promo from the rep on the phone so i mentioned it in the follow up survey and it was fixed in 15min A+++++++ very satisfied

Linda Bisner Brewer Burlington, NC

Dish has an excellent picture, as do Directv and Time Warner Cable. Dish seems to go out whenever there is any rain at all so that can be quite annoying. I signed up with a 2 year contract with the first year being a great deal and I am now in my second year and as noted at time of sign-up, my price increased. I also had one referral which lowered the cost by $5.00 a month for 10 months. I have no gripes with the cost because it is exactly as advertised. The package I have is the "Smart Pack" and it is sufficient for me and my grandsons although I do miss HGTV, TLC, A&E and Lifetime. I have had no issues with any of my equipment and no issues with billing. The only gripe I have is I tried at one point to get the Hopper and I was told it would be $150 plus shipping to get it and then another $12.00 a month, I believe. I just told them never mind.

Cary Stotland Saint Petersburg, FL

Dish has MUCH better organization of their channel lineup than Direct TV. and their equipment is smarter. Their remotes are fully programmable and can learn any other remote. They also can use either IR or RF. If you;re geeky, DIsh is a better choice. Not that you need to be geeky to work it. NO CONTRACT REQUIRED. Unless you go with a package deal. Your choice. Where we finally went crosswise with them was over a billing error. Theirs. A $2.56 "pro rated fee" for a programming change was added to the account, but NOT to the bill. I paid the bill less the fee. On time. I was late the next month by two weeks. Because the pro-rated fee was added the previous month, they deemed the $2.56 over 30 days late and shut off the service. Wife and I had been traveling (the reason for the late payment) and didn't even notice. We found out when we got home. A phone call resolved the monetary issue...BUT....They had SHUTOFF my Internet account access. We couldn't see where the problem was because of it. The bank showed the previous payment made on time for the full amount (of the bill. without the $2.56 add-in). I was livid. I understood the service cancellation. I WILL NOT accept having my account access suspended. I dropped the service immediately. That's no way to treat customers.

Tish Lawson Abbeville, MS

I previously had another company as my provider and it was out a lot and the service was not as good. There were a lot of hidden charges that were added often until it became not worth the prices I was paying. For basically, the same amount of money, I get many, many more channels in addition to Sirius radio, which I love 'cause I love Elvis and one of the highest internet packages, which is great. Dish service is also much, much better. The technicians also make sure your entertainment system and everything associated with the service is working.

Linda Sweat Sacramento, KY

We have had Dish for 9 years..I have had the best service when calling about a problem..Just wish it was cheaper for Senior Citizens.Maybe a discount on monthly bill if you are 62 +..Would help people who are on fixed incomes.