Charter Spectrum Logo

Charter Spectrum

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

6.8

As a result of Time Warner Cable®, Bright House Networks®, and Charter Communications® merging, Spectrum is available in forty-one states and serves over 25 million customers. Claiming to be one of America’s fastest growing TV, voice company, and internet service providers, Charter Spectrum attempts to provide high-quality service with superior entertainment and communication products.

Charter also claims that Spectrum TV offers more HD channels than any other provider. Customers can get instant access to thousands of On Demand shows and watch live TV anywhere in their home. Spectrum TV also allows customers to download their favorite movies and show onto their mobile devices with the Spectrum TV app.

The Good

• Popular TV Packages
  • Spectrum TV App
  • Additional Charter Spectrum Services
  • Service Agreement
  • Channels in Spanish

Popular TV Packages

Charter Spectrum has potential customers enter in their address to find out the exact services and rates for their location. While its residential services and rates will vary per location, Charter Spectrum does disclose the introductory prices for its packages.

TV Select

• 125+ Channels
  • $44.99 per month (for the first 12 months)

TV Silver

• 175+ Channels
  • $84.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included

Silver Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 175+ Channels
  • $109.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes modem

TV Gold

• 200+ Channels
  • $104.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included

Gold Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 200+ HD Channels
  • $129.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes Modem

With the Silver and Gold package, customers can watch premium channels without having to worry about paying a hefty fee.

Additional Charter Spectrum Services

Not only does Charter Spectrum offer cable TV services, but it also offers internet, home phone, mobile, and business services. As seen in the payment bundles and packages above, you can bundle a number of Charter Spectrum's services to help save on your monthly bill. Brief explanations of the additional services offered by Charter Spectrum can be found below.

• Spectrum Internet — Spectrum Internet plans through Charter Spectrum start at $49.99 per month for the first 12 months of service. Plans feature significant amounts of bandwidth, high-speed internet, no data caps, a free cable modem/router, a free antivirus software, and an in-home WiFi network. When bundled with Spectrum Cable TV, you have both your cable TV and streaming TV needs covered.
  • Home phone — For just $9.99 per month, you can stay connected with all of your loved ones (price applicable if bundled). Calls can be made to the United States, Mexico, Puerto Rice, and more.
  • Spectrum Mobile — To start a Spectrum mobile plan with Charter Spectrum, you can use an online tool to see how much money you can save when comparing your current plan to a plan that Charter Spectrum can offer you. Plans start at $14 per GB per month.
  • Spectrum Business — Charter Spectrum offers a special Spectrum business phone service for small businesses with free unlimited local and long distance calling and 30+ advanced business calling features for $19.99 per month (when bundled). Specific internet plans are also available which feature consistent internet connection, high-speed internet, and fast upload speeds. For more information visit the Charter Spectrum website.

Spectrum TV App

Spectrum’s TV app gives customers full access to their TV lineup as well as up to 40,000 On Demand TV shows and movies on any mobile or connected device (including a smartphone, tablet, Roku, Xbox One, or a Samsung Smart TV). Spectrum users can watch their favorite shows, episodes, and movies anywhere — members can even use the app to program their DVR.

Customers can download the app to their phone and log in using their Spectrum.net email and password (signing in with the Spectrum username won’t work).

However, if a customer is at home and connected to a Spectrum authorized modem, the app will automatically authorize the username and password.

Service Agreement

Along with bundles, cable television providers often use deals as a way to get new customers to sign up for their services. Charter Spectrum offers new customers a no-contact agreement as well as an offer to buy out any current contract for up to $500.

Unfortunately, these deals do not apply to all customers and a 12-month service commitment is standard for all other service packages provided at Charter Spectrum. Which deals or bundles are right for a specific customer can be confusing, but a customer service representative is always available to help on the Charter Spectrum website.

Channels in Spanish

As rates of native Spanish speakers increase in the United States, the need for access to Spanish-speaking channels continues to rise. The Spectrum Mi Plan Latino TV and internet plan provides more than 130 channels with more than 75 of them in Spanish.

The Bad

• Price Increase
  • Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

Price Increase

As with most companies in the industry, Charter Spectrum’s prices increase after a year of service. Before signing up for a plan, customers should ask how much they’ll be paying per month after the first 12 months. Initial lower prices is a common tactic in the industry and will only apply for a short amount of time. Customers should also ask about any other charges that might be added to their account — some companies will charge extra for the modem, DVR service, internet speeds, etc.

Charter Spectrum Consumer Complaints

The top three complaints customers have about Charter Spectrum are unreliable service, price increases, and the company's subpar customer service. Many consumers mentioned the unreliable signal and felt that they were paying too much for the quality of service they were getting in recent Spectrum customer reviews. The price increases were another common complaint as customers felt that the prices were continually going up, but channels were being removed.

The majority of customer complaints found in Spectrum reviews are related to Charter Spectrum’s poor customer service. Consumers were not happy with the technicians or customer service representatives. There were mentions of being put on hold and never getting an answer, being hung up on during a call, being charged for things customers weren’t signed up for, waiting hours for a technician to come, and receiving faulty equipment.

The Bottom Line

Customers looking for a simple satellite TV provider that doesn’t require lengthy contracts should look into Charter Spectrum. The company is flexible with its bundling packages and customers can easily build a package with the basic TV essentials. In addition, with the Spectrum App, customers can watch their favorite shows on multiple devices.

However, there are several less than desirable aspects of the company. Charter Spectrum is pricier than other service providers and consumers have often had problems with Charter Spectrum’s spotty, unreliable signals, pricing, and customer service. The company is only available in forty-one states and customers have to live within a specific area to get service.

According to consumers, Charter Spectrum’s customer service is lacking in many aspects and that alone has made customers want to cancel their contracts.

We suggest customers use another — more reputable — satellite TV service provider.

View Best Satellite TV Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Charter Spectrum below.

1.7

star star_half star_border star_border star_border

Jessica Rdrgz Dallas, TX

We had spectrum for about 4 years the price just kept going up everytime we ended up paying up to 250 a month with no movie channels and no special channels either definitely overcharged although costumer service was always nice.

Fred Liu ,

I am extremely unhappy with Spectrum. I ordered Internet only. The salesperson charged me Apple TV device which I received. When I saw the bill, I called them and they asked me to send it back. Apparently, I did not know what it was and opened it up. When I send it back, they refused to take it back and still charged me and said that it was opened. There is no way I can escalate to their management and they should educate their sales staff to confirm with customer that it is what they want. I did not give it a 1 star or 0, because their Internet service is still lowest, but to charge customer for what they do not want is very very unethical.

Jackie Hanko Tampa, FL

When I moved into my apartment complex a year and a half ago spectrum came with the apartment so I didn’t have to do any of the hardware searching for an Internet provider… The rate that was given to the apartment complex is low and I haven’t had any issues with my Internet or TV… That just the initial 1 to 3 times where the Internet may have gone out for 20 minutes to an hour then I think that’s completely normal, otherwise I have nothing but good things to say about this company

Patricia Leahy Rosemount, MN

way over priced wish they had a senior package of some sort to help the finances no choice for a cable competitor, just a dish on your roof that does not work

Sophie Glendale, CA

I like that they always work with you and ensure they provide the best service for their customers. Sometimes their packages are lacking content but overall they have good quality services, especially their internet!! It’s amazing

Tyler B Palos Verdes Estates, CA

Charter Spectrum was the satellite TV and internet provider for my wife and I's apartment complex. We had consistent issues connecting to community wifi and dialing through their customer service network. We would like to note that they did a good job making it right and having someone keep coming out until it was resolved. From a TV standpoint, the Company had a vast offering and was fairly expensive. Charter is a great satellite tv provider if you want a vast offering of channels.

Patricia Loggins Ocala, FL

We had Spectrum as our cable/internet provider for about 5 years. They were a vast improvement over previous servicers. We had used Hughes Net, AT&T, Virgin Mobile and Direct TV and weren't satisfied with any of them. We lived in the same general area while using all of these servicers and we did have erratic reception due to the lack of sufficient towers , however, Spectrum was far better than any of the others. The cost was similar and their were far fewer dropped signals. Recently we moved to another area and unfortunately Spectrum is not in our community which has it's own antiquated infrastructure. We do miss the reliability of Spectrum. We are paying the same fee for a much inferior system.

Gwen Hurd Smyrna, GA

I was a Customer of "Charter Communications" back in 1999 to 2002. The service was great!! I moved away, so that is why I no longer have the service.

Sharon B. ,

When we switched to Spectrum, the representative told us we would get a 3 year rate. After a year, the bill increased... and we were told your fees for the dvr had increased and were not covered under the initial agreement. Even though the salesman told us the rate we would pay would not go up at all for the 3 year period. We were then totally informed that if any of the package items went up, we would just keep the promised discount on said items, but our rate would go up by whatever the new rate was. So you never get a flat rate because they raise the base rate at any time. So if it sounds confusing, it is. If it sounds misleading, it is. Example, we were told it would be 127.59 for Tv, internet, and phone service and that bill would never go up for 3 years. After a year we are now told that base rates can go up and the price of your equipment can go up. It can go up to any rate they decide as long as they tell you in small print that it's going up the next month. CLASS ACTION SUIT PLEASE!

Jennifer Schwarz Lenoir City, TN

We signed up with Spectrum and were told we would receive internet and phone for $34.98 for two years. After I placed my order with them, I was asked by the representative if I would like to have cable for free for three months. I said no and the rep said I could try it for three months and if I didn't want to continue with cable service I could cancel with no contract and my bill would be 34.98 for internet and phone service. Three months (January 18, 2021) I call to cancel cable because I did not want the expense. I was told that the price I was given was not a "package" they offer and if I want to cancel cable my bill will be $99 for internet and phone....Just a side note: my bill currently, with cable, is $99. I gave the manager the date and name of the rep (in Retention department) I spoke to when I set up service and when she looked through the notes on my account she said the notes were there, showing the special offer of $34.98 for cable and phone package given to me on November 13, 2020, but there was nothing she could do because "Sales" had given me the price. She transferred me to sales and sales said they could not give me the special package offer I had gotten three months ago because I was a current customer. The sales rep said on the retention department could make a price change. So 8 reps later and going around and around with the Retention and Sales department I got no where. NO ONE I spoke to seemed to care and had NO compassion for the lie I was fed. This is a Racket! Spectrum is very dishonest! I am currently looking for a different internet service provider and will NEVER use Spectrum services again.

I P ,

Only problem with product is we were paying for services I wasn't receiving. I paid for high internet speed only to find out that's not what we were getting.. they did apologize but no reimburse. Other than that the service was good.

Christopher Lake Menomonee Falls, WI

Over all the quality is good. The speed of the system seems to be on par with other providers however the Latency from my house compared to others closer to town seems to be slower which is not great for gaming sometimes.

Charlene Mouser

They give me good service and u get everything you want

Victoria Tschirhart ,

Great download on internet but upload is slow. Sometimes customer service doesn't give accurate info on what's offered. I had a guy come install internet but did not install tv services because of miscommunication. Found out prices were not the same as quoted.

Ed S San Antonio, TX

I had Time Warner and was very happy with their service. When it changed to Spectrum I was skeptical but Spectrum continued to provide excellent service. We decided to downsize and our new home had AT&T. I had Spectrum installed and it has met all of my expectations.

Danielle Berkowitz Smithtown, NY

I had RCN in my apartment for 5 years and my roommate recommended we make the switch, so I was about it. First off, their customer service is A+, they sent us the boxes for us to set it up ourselves and it worked like magic for the most part, until something was off - I didn't have to wait on the phone for very long to speak with someone, they were the sweetest and so thorough and helped me out with anything I needed that could be handled on the phone. I then needed not one, but three technicians to come to my apartment to help fix a cable wire. All the spectrum technicians were on-it and helped out in every way possible they can. One said he wasn't giving up until the job was done, he stayed for about two hours and honestly was happy so that everything could work again. Very happy with the decision I made to switch over.

Sofia Granados Lynnwood, WA

I called to set up new service, I specifically stated that I would be picking up the equipment yet the representative still shipped it. After several calls I went and picked it up and I was given only the modem, he failed to give me the router. Too many mistakes done to one customer within 3 days!!!

Kwan Lam ,

the internet speed is varies. I know Spectrum adviertised 200mbps, but I normally only have 80mbps speed. During last week winter storm, our network was down for almost 3 days.

Cassie Harding ,

I moved to a rural area two years ago. Before moving, I contacted Charter and asked if they had service in our area and arranged for it to be installed as soon as we moved since I work from home and needed the internet immediately upon moving in. The day they were supposed to install, the tech never showed. We call to find out what was wrong and was told they were unable to service us because of the area. I had to scramble to find internet so that I would be able to work. Last week, we contacted them again in the hopes that they had moved into our area since my children need to be able to do virtual learning and our current internet can't handle the extra usage. Two agents assured me that they could service my address and I set up an appt for installation. The day came and the tech didn't show up again. I called and was told that my address was listed as unserviceable by the maintenance department and that they would need to send a survey crew out to see what the problem was. I asked how long that would take and they said anywhere's from 3-5 days to several weeks. I requested a way to contacted the maintenance department, hoping that I could find out when they would be able to survey our property and was told that I couldn't contact them. I request to speak with a supervisor, hoping to at least put in a complaint on the agents who guaranteed me service and was told that it wouldn't do any good. The supervisor would simply put a note on my account. I asked if it would be possible to speak with any person of a higher authority to explain my situation to them, maybe they would be able to get the survey team to come out faster, and was told that I couldn't do that either. All I could do was leave my number and hope that someone will contact me in the next several weeks and tell me why my home is listed as unserviceable despite the fact that my router is picking up a charter signal.

Erica Rhae Decatur, AL

My children recieved a ABC voucher from their school to access "free" service during this pandemic. This service has been anything but free. I have lost count over my calls to customer service because our service was disconnecteda "due to nonpayment". Each time they vow to correct their error and stop charging/disconnecting us. This has gone on for almost 4 months and they are still sending us statements, calling us saying we owe over $130. If my children didn't truly need this I would have given up a long time ago. Thousands or more low income families recieved this same offer, I wonder how many more are trying to be charged/taken advantage of?

Pamela Moore ,

We just recently got Spectrum as our internet and TV provider. The young man who waited on me was knowledgeable and helpful. I had to call customer service to help me self install. The representative was helpful and patient.

TPat Cottage Grove, OR

I was recommended to them from some other customers about their reliable service and good customer service. Upon calling them when I first moved in, an appointment was made for a technician to come out and let me know when service could be installed. when he came out he knocked on my door and said "I can't install service at this time. it may take 30-60 days. I called Spectrum many times asking them when can I get service. they all told me that they could not and had to go by what the technician told them. I had to wait another 45 days with no internet service! finally I called them and set up another appointment for a Technician to come out. He told me I will be able to set you up today for service! I was lied to by the first tech, who probably did not want to take the time to set it up. after speaking to spectrum all they could say was they were sorry that happened. and would take away one month of charges. and the charges still show in an email that I received from them.

Michelle Rancho Cucamonga, CA

I feel like I always have to call in every 6-9 months in order to discuss my invoice. My rate starts to creep up. They always get it where I am happy, but why not just lock me in. Recently, I have had outages more than ever before. This is unusual though and it is not for long. My internet is supposed to be high speed, but it definitely has lag time. I have phone, cable, and internet.

Jessica Sterling Killeen, TX

Where I live there is not a lot of options available for internet. I've had Spectrum now for 3 yrs and even though I had no issues with internet speed or connectivity. It's not the best when they raise their prices after the "promotional period". Every year it keeps going up which I am not a big fan of and I am thinking of maybe checking out their competitor to find a better price. Other than that for my two options is not a bad company and customer service has been good.

Passepartout22 San Antonio, TX

I switched to Spectrum (formerly Time Warner) from another cable provider in San Antonio. Its prices locally are comparable and I get fast internet (200 mbps) and all the specialty cable channels I want, plus a great many I have no use for. The DVR I get from Spectrum has plenty of capacity and will record 6 programs at a time (important because we often record a number of soccer games played simultaneously). Everything seems to be in HD. We get landline service too, though we don't actually use it; it's just a convenient number to give out for callers we don't want to hear from. Unfortunately, the service is very expensive and the DVR programming is sometimes problematic (for instance, it's impossible to easily restrict recording of a soccer match to the English-language broadcast). Customer service has been excellent (except for the automated phone messages when you call in).

Aditi

I am a heavy internet user. I stream content and play online as well. Charter Internet offers great speeds. The speed is good, the DVR is decent and I got a neat deal by buying a Charter Spectrum Internet Plans at www. S9 .com/charter/. The discounted price just made it a sweeter transition for me. As of today, I have no complaints. Hope Charter keeps up the good work.

Meg

I recently switched from a DirecTV At&t internet bundle back to charter for everything. Only because they gave me the good deal. Are supposed to be buying me out of a contract as well. This is all good things and im a gamer so I absolutely love the internet switch back to charter. The internet from charter is so much faster and more reliable than At&t's uverse. They only complaint I have is charters on demand and DVR. While it's been updated and it's better than it was a few years ago, it still sucks compared to DirecTV!!! With Direc you actually get a DVR in all rooms and they are linked. You can watch what you record in every room. Charter ha only the main TV has the DVR. And DirecTV offers so much more to watch on demand!!! On DirecTV I was watching all of Game of Thrones from the beginning to catch up to new season. With charter they only offer season 3! What? Why only one season? And why 3? Lol ugh I miss DirecTV!!

Jo Martin

I called Spectrum yesterday to talk about cancelling my internet service. At this time, I only have internet service, having had to cut my cable service a couple of months ago. This is due to my current lack of funds to pay for the service. Although there may be a glitch or outage of internet service now and again, I want to say that I'm happy with the services Spectrum provides. Most of the time I get 100+ mbps internet speed. This review is mostly to say, I was able to speak with their solutions department to get my past due amount squared away (with some additional days to pay the amount due) and I also received enough of a deduction on my monthly service so that I'm able to keep up with the monthly due. I found both persons who I spoke to in the customer service and solutions departments to be understanding, empathetic and helpful to my situation. Hands down the best service I think I've ever encountered. To the 56 people who gave Spectrum a 0. Here's a Pro-Tip: Honesty and a calm demeanor goes a long way. Thank you Spectrum!! Especially your Solutions department.

Fabian Salas Santa Barbara, CA

I loved my internet service in this company, why did I move. I had great service, great customer relations, and over all the internet was on point.

Erin Abel San Marcos, TX

I have been a customer of Spectrum for years - through many moves and houses. They have never let me down! Their service provided, as well as their customer service reps, are amazing. I highly recommend!

Michele Heist Jacksonville, NC

I have my internet and tv through Spectrum. I especially like the various plans that they offer. I have Spectrum Choice, which is cable box free! It's all done through their app and the internet.

Carol Lewis Myrtle Beach, SC

Although I haven't really had any outages or major problems, the service is not the best I've ever had. The system remotes are horrible. They go through batteries like crazy. They drop the TV off. The stations sometimes hang up and the value for the money isn't perfect. With that being said, at least they cost what they say and don't raise it every few months!

Lucy Salinas Weslaco, TX

They do have specials sometimes it depends who you talk to when you call. Sometimes customer service is helpful sometimes they are not! Rates go up without notice! Pro is that rain or shine services are working! Rates are going up super fast!! I took off 2 stars for bad customer service being unhelpful and rates going up no relieve for this pandemic! God forbid they give you a discount!

Nancy W. Pierre

As of late I'm not pleased with service. I phoned about a billing problem 05/29/19 wanted to cancel service, but was given another promotional package so I kept service. On 06/15/19 bill had almost doubled. I called back, was told it was noted that I called.but nothing was input on computer showing change. I told them the name of person I spoke with, & department she worked in, & nobody knew the person. Two calls , & almost 3 hours out of my life to hear the package that was suppose to be don't exist!!!!! It's almost impossible to understand the bill, & people working there seem to have a hard time explaining it.

Becca Boone, NC

Spectrum is the only internet service in my area (28607). I only have internet and wifi. For one person in a 1 br apartment, it works just fine. HOWEVER their customer service could use improvement. They ALWAYS call with promotion and are incredibly persistent! Please keep your consumers in mind, Spectrum. I gave valid reasons for not wanting this service and kept receiving rebuttal after rebuttal. It's a waste of my time and patience. (I caved on a 7 day trial promo. I was told I could revoke it w/ in the 7 days w/o charge and w/ no questions asked. CS rep I called to have it cancelled asked tons of questions and was also trying to push me to keep the service. Very frustrating.)

Dean Williams Willimantic, CT

Andrew, the Charter service technician, arrived right on time. He was polite, had a sense of humor, and knew everything about my internet and email services. The latter are working perfectly now. If all your field techs are as good as Andrew, Charter/Spectrum's success is guaranteed.

Philip G Buker, Jr O'Fallon, MO

My wife and I are senior citizens and long-time customers of Charter/Spectrum. We consider their customer service to be very good. However, we consider them to be quite deceptive in their advertising/sales and their billing. Their commercials indicate that they have the best rates for TV, internet, and phone service, when bundled, and certainly appear to in their displayed monthly prices. (i.e. $19.99 telephone, $29.99 internet, $39.99 TV). This totals out to about $90 a month. However, the monthly rates we are paying are $19.99 telephone, $54.99 internet, and $91.96 TV, and we subscribe to the minimum in TV service. Adding to this taxes, fees, and other charges, and our monthly bill is over $182, and it continues to creep up as it has been doing since we started with Charter. Periodically, I'd complain, and they'd usually knock a few bucks off it, which would extend to our subsequent billings. However, the last time this happened there was a change! I got a letter from the Vice President, Billing, telling me that I had received a "promotional discounted rate" on my bill, and it was added back in after a year, along with interim increases. If you are able to read the very fine print in their ads, someplace it will probably tell you that the rates you are signing on for are promotional for a limited time, but your eyes better be very good, and you'd better be able to read very fast. Billing is essentially a clerical function, but Spectrum actually has a VP, Billing. It was probably his creative thinking that has their long-time customers subsidizing new business in a way that you might find disturbing.

Lorie Albertson Williamston, MI

I was looking for service back in May for my cottage, I was comparing Spectrum with AT&T and after talking with Spectrum I told them I would get back with them, a supervisor named Rob called me back and promised my installation when I wanted it, a price I could not refuse with a 2 year rate lock and a seasonal suspension rate that was fabulous. I signed up with them, my bill went up the first month (they said because of royalties) then when I call to put my services on seasonal, low and behold the rate is $12+ more a month and no notes in the system. Talked to the representative this morning and no help at all, he quoted my $27.56 and when I agreed, he then said that I was "all set at $27.65", I know it is only a few cents, but it is the point, after being told my monthly bill would be $15.00 for seasonal and now it is 27.65 that is a big difference. I was supposed to be connected to a survey and guess what, they hung up on me.

Ashley Milligan Denton, TX

Tanya from Montana was the nicest customer service representative I've ever had the privilege of speaking with, and helped me with canceling my internet before my move. Very minor issues with Charter service over the past year, just canceling because my new home won't have a contract with Charter.

Donna Appleton, WI

After reading all the bad reviews, I thought I was going to not have a very good experience. Representative was courteous, and solved the problem. tv with the box took 10 seconds to change channels. Also movie channels not available.

John Hooper Saint Peters, MO

I have had Charter for several years. I wish their dvr was better...could record more than two shows at once, but other than that, I have been very satisfied with their service, both the quality of the pictures and the friendliness and helpfulness of their staff on those rare occasions I have had contact with them. I have been very satisfied for many years!

Dale Mayfield New Braunfels, TX

Enjoy the options they offer as well as the local weather reports, but the the Spectrum channel broadcasts seems to show a pattern of bias toward the progressive view in their analysis and opinions of State and National politics. Therefore we do not watch the local Spectrum channel News, but do tune in at times for Weather on the 1's.

Laura Hicks Cuba, MO

I like my cell phone service with Charter Spectrum the most. The plan I have is very reasonable and saves me a great deal without the added fees that AT&T charged. My bill is very easy to understand and straightforward. I also have Charter Spectrum for my internet provider. I'm usually pretty happy with the speed of my internet at home. Although lately it seems to be having issues and the strength doesn't seem to be as good as usual. But overall, it is better than having to deal with the customer service I used to receive from the company I had previously.

Alexander Johnson Los Angeles, CA

Honestly my first year with spectrum was amazing but after is when things got a little weird. I hate that they charge you to make a payment on the phone to talk to a person like a normal human. After the rate changed it honestly wasn’t worth it and the towers kept going down in my area. I finally decided to part ways. Months later I’m getting a collection letter from them saying I never returned the equipment. They made me dig through receipts from months ago to prove I didn’t have the equipment. They still wouldn’t verify that I didn’t have it but decided to let it go. I made my final payment. They said it’s be one price and the next day I see I’ve been charged almost double, then I had to make two one hour long calls to get it situated and it still isn’t. Won’t be returning as a customer

Norman Roth Madison, WI

I have full bundle, TV, internet and phone. Generally this works well, except for TV which frequently goes blank and the only solution is to pull the plugs and replug to wait for absurd"We;re working on it" notice and after awhile it restarts. Also, internet speed is supposed to be 100Mbps but in reality it is 19.4; nevertheless, that is adequate. The worst part is billing. I have automatic payment through my bank (it takes two months to set up auto pay with Spectrum). Three times in the past year, twice this month, Spectrum has received automatic checks but did not cash them and then claimed I was behind in payments. They also claimed not to have received payment for February or March but I had endorsed, cancelled, checks from them for those payments. Talking to numerous "representatives" did no good until at last I go to a supposed supervisor who assured me everything is taken care of. Today all my services were disconnected. I m 83 years old and do not appreciate this aggravation.

Teresa Barnes Newport, TN

My experience with Charter Spectrum sucks I moved to my newest location back in July transferred my service from a different location that I'd had for the previous three years with Spectrum after moving I continue the same service of internet and cable my bill was 9750 per month do the covid-19 actually last month it was September I had to downsize because of going on Social Security I was going to cancel my internet and keep the cable but they basically we're going to go up on the bill because of my bundling I got a $97 bill but if I cancel the internet just keeping cable it was going to go to 98 I do not understand that when they have all these promotional programs for cable at 40 and $50 a month but yet if I canceled my wireless internet I couldn't get that great I was going to be charging $98 a month just for the TV for cable alone that sucks they don't care about the people they care about the money and all companies do but I don't believe that they should treat people unfairly that way when they have circumstances that's beyond their control such as not being able to work due to covid-19 having to go on early retirement due to covid-19 and trying to downsize my program so that I could have a cheaper rate and they go up on my bill where is the right in that

Alen P. Los Angeles, CA

They raised my rate twice in one year, first from $40 to $50 then to $60. What company does that? All the while the speed was dropping to a crawl due to everyone working and schooling from home. I gave them 3 stars because $60 is somewhat acceptable for what I get.

CAILIN D Pasco, WA

I use Charter for the internet - it is fast and efficient, which is great! Also, I appreciate the installation service, the gentleman was helpful and courteous.

Suravi Chakraborty Spring Hill, FL

I am a new customer for the Spectrum. This company promised us for amazing service so far the service is OK but it’s not as strong as they advertised as far as customer service and sales they OK

RyanW Los Angeles, CA

good service of internet but if something goes wrong, the customer support call is pretty rough. Was on hold for over 20 minutes just to start and ultimately sent a technician