Spectrum is relatively new to the industry, but as a result of Time Warner Cable®, Bright House Networks®, and Charter Communications® merging, Spectrum is now available in forty-one states and serves over 25 million customers. Claiming to be America’s fastest growing TV, internet and, voice company, Charter Spectrum attempts to provide high-quality service with superior entertainment and communication products.

Charter also claims that Spectrum TV offers more HD channels than any other provider. Customers can get instant access to thousands of On Demand shows and watch live TV anywhere in their home. Spectrum TV also allows customers to download their favorite movies and show onto their mobile devices with the Spectrum TV app.

#1 Comcast Xfinity TV chevron_right
#2 DIRECTV chevron_right
2.6
#3 DISH chevron_right

The Good

• Popular TV Packages
  • Spectrum TV App
  • Service Agreement

Popular TV Packages

Charter Spectrum has potential customers enter in their address to find out the exact services and rates for their location. While its residential services and rates will vary per location, Charter Spectrum does disclose the introductory prices for its packages.

TV Select

• 125+ Channels
  • $44.99 per month (for the first 12 months)

TV Silver

• 175+ Channels
  • $84.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included

Silver Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 175+ Channels
  • $109.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • HBO® and SHOWTIME® included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes Modem

TV Gold

• 200+ Channels
  • $104.99 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included

Gold Double Play (Internet and TV Bundle)

• 200+ HD Channels
  • $129.98 per month (for the first 12 months)
  • STARZ®, TMC®, STARZ ENCORE®, and NFL RedZone included
  • Internet speeds up to 100 Mbps
  • Includes Modem

With the Silver and Gold package, customers can watch premium channels without having to worry about paying a hefty fee.

Spectrum TV App

Spectrum’s TV app gives customers full access to their TV lineup as well as up to 40,000 On Demand TV shows and movies on any mobile or connected device (including a smartphone, tablet, Roku, Xbox One or a Samsung Smart TV). Spectrum users can watch their favorite shows, episodes, and movies anywhere — members can even use the app to program their DVR.

Customers can download the app to their phone and log in using their Spectrum.net email and password (signing in with the Spectrum username won’t work).

However, if a customer is at home and connected to a Spectrum authorized modem, the app will automatically authorize the username and password.

Service Agreement

Along with bundles, cable providers often use deals as a way to get new customers to sign up for their services. Charter Spectrum offers new customers is a no-contact agreement as well as an offer to buy out any current contract for up to $500.

Unfortunately, these deals do not apply to all customers and a 12-month service commitment is standard for all other service packages provided at Charter Spectrum. Which deals or bundles are right for a specific customer can be confusing, but a customer service representative is always available to help on the Charter Spectrum website.

The Bad

• Price Increase
  • Consumer Complaints

Price Increase

As with most companies in the industry, Charter Spectrum’s prices increase after a year of service. Before signing up for a plan, customers should ask how much they’ll be paying per month after the first 12 months. Initial lower prices is a common tactic in the industry and will only apply for a short amount of time. Customers should also ask about any other charges that might be added to their account — some companies will charge extra for the modem, DVR service, internet speeds, etc.

Consumer Complaints

The top three complaints customers have about Charter Spectrum are: unreliable service, price increases, and the companies subpar customer service. Many consumers mentioned the unreliable signal and felt that they were paying too much for the quality of service they were getting. The price increases were another common complaint as customers felt that the prices were continually going up, but channels were being removed.

The majority of customer complaints are related to Charter Spectrum’s customer service. Consumers were not happy with the technicians or customer service representatives. There were mentions of being put on hold and never getting an answer, customers were hung up on during a call, they were being charged for things they weren’t signed up for, cheap equipment and waiting hours for a technician to come.

The Bottom Line

Customers looking for a simple satellite TV provider that doesn’t require lengthy contracts should look into Charter Spectrum. The company is flexible with its bundling packages and customers can easily build a package with the basic TV essentials. Plus with the Spectrum App, customers can watch their favorite shows on multiple devices.

However, there are several less than desirable aspects of the company. Charter Spectrum is pricier than other service providers and consumers have often had a problem with Charter Spectrum’s spotty, unreliable signals, pricing, and customer service. The company is only available in forty-one states and customers have to live within a specific area to get service.

According to consumers, Charter Spectrum’s customer service is lacking in many aspects and that alone has made customers want to cancel their contracts.

We suggest customers use another — more reputable — satellite TV service provider.

View Best Satellite TV Companies

1.0

Alicia
December 6th, 2019 El Paso, TX DETAILS

Went thru Promotional period then had a huge price increase to almost $200/mth. Paid for over a year then tried to cancel over website (chat) was told cannot; you have to call. Went to local office to turn in unused receiver (paid for over a year) and requested cancellation. Was told had to be done over phone. Called; Agent tried to get me to keep and got irate when I did not. Angrily told me I could not cancel and expect a refund because they did not pro-rate. Told him fine, cancel service at end of term period, or as soon as able to. Took equipment back the day after the service was suppose to have ended. Got a bill for the following full month. On calling was told I had not canceled and besides they would not pro-rate and I would have to pay full month. No getting thru to them. Called a couple other times and last call ended with speaking to CS Supervisor, who quoted the same thing. I explained I had no cancellation documented since I couldn't do cancellation over internet nor in person; that if her agent had failed to turn off service as requested or document cancellation as discussed, it was on them, not me and for her to listen to the tape recording since they supposedly record these calls. Loong discussion, she closed by stating she would go back and listen to the recording and go by that. I have the receipt for the equipment being turned in as agreed. Am still receiving phone calls and threats from collection company. I hate Spectrum. How does one fight something like this? Somebody needs to stop this fraudulent and deceptive practice.

Andy
December 6th, 2019 Reno, NV DETAILS

Absolutely useless, this company needs to be shut down. They advertise that you can watch TV from anywhere with this great app of theirs, well guess what? YOU CAN'T! If you are not on your local network it will not show all the channels, you only get access to the basic channels that you can get from the channels website itself. Now they are requiring that you login, well there IS NO WAY to enter a valid username and password because you CAN NOT ENTER UPPER CASE LETTERS and they require it for the passwords. Looks like someone is loosing way too much money to give the cooperate higher ups the 10 million dollar salary that they so deserve... They need to charge for the awesome boxes they have... STAY AWAY FROM RECTRUM... As much as it pains me to say it, go with ATT, lesser of the evils.

Sean
December 4th, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS

This company should be sued and fined for fraud. I just got off the phone with a rep who confirmed I cancelled my cable/boxes two weeks ago, but she says spectrum does not give refunds for any days not used. They charge the whole month upfront and you can cancel after the 1st day into that month and your cable/TV can be cutoff but I still have to pay my entire month - even though my cable was cutoff! How is this legal?????

Paul
December 4th, 2019 Covina, CA DETAILS

I am looking into suing Spectrum, forcing me to have a phone as part of their bundle when the year was out. They have horrible service and customer service. Looking into antennas, so I can tell spectrum to shove it!!

Belinda
December 4th, 2019 Sidney, OH DETAILS

I wanted to get mobile service through Spectrum. I went to the retail store only to be told I had an outstanding bill on a modem that hadn’t been returned from previous service; it is lost in the mess of all my mothers belongings from when she’d passed away and all of her stuff got moved into our house. I offered to pay for it but was told it’d still take 48-72 hours to clear and I’d have to come back. So I get out to my vehicle and call thinking the person on the line could circumvent the wait time as I was going to pay cash, only to be told they wanted my credit card instead. Like who doesn’t want cash??? So no problem, was going to pay the $37 and change on the credit card- still told had to wait the 48-72 hours for their system to update. How inconvenient. Now keep in mind I currently have their cable and internet service with them at home, so why was mobile such a big deal? I dunno- but seems like poor customer service, poor software program/ programmers as to their system doesn’t update instantly on payments and instead takes 48-72 hours, at very least a way for their staff to work around given the billing is settled up. . For a company that makes the money they do, seems like they could be working a little harder for their customers. To top it off, God forbid you be able to reach the local retail storefront. No phone number listed anywhere for them that I could find. You have to call the toll free number which goes to who knows where, talking to God knows who. Why can’t you call the local store?? Ugh. The whole experience was downright Pitiful.

Graciela Jarman
November 26th, 2019 Bradenton, FL DETAILS

Spectrum is the worst cable company I’ve ever experienced they’re unprofessional they don’t care about their customers they only care about getting their money their service is garbage and I hate spectrum! And only click one star because it won’t let me go further But I give spectrum zero stars.

Charisse A Wenger
November 22nd, 2019 Bradenton, FL DETAILS

I went from Xfinity, which requires a contract, that I had to pay to cancel even though they don't service my area. So I decided to switch to Spectrum. The first nine months were great until I could no longer access on-demand shows. I called customer service trying to find out what was wrong and no-one could give me an answer. They actually treated me like I was stupid and didn't know anything and said if it's not corrected they'll have to send out a technician to correct the problem and there will be a service call fee. These workers are only getting minimum wage and I'm sure they're being paid to treat customers like they're e stupid. However, I believe this company is greedy and deliberately treats their customers like crap. I am dropping their TV service. From the reviews it sounds like there cable isn't much better. Is there any internet service that doesn't charge an exorbitant fee and is good?

SILV
November 5th, 2019

Spectrum Lawsuit from Rival Windstream: Spectrum accused of employing "scare tactics" on customers. Spectrum is totally unreasonable. Poor customer service, Bill increased from 100.00 to 196.00 as this is unreasonable, they are rude, after having service with this company for over a year, denied me every time for payment arrangements. I requested to dispute my bill as it was also denied. Every month threats to disconnect. Refuse to acknowledge issues and violated my right by increasing bill by cramming and slamming. Filed complaint with the FCC

Jose Aceves
November 5th, 2019 Winnetka, CA DETAILS

Will as a senior citizen. Yea for the first year it was great because the price was within my budget but like everything just to get you the first time. then later the increased the price twice that it was way over what L could afford. So I down graded to based programing. So my price want down to 126. which was ok for 12 months but then I received the first bill said it want up to 136. So I had to cancel within 5 days of my circle and then they told me that I was still responsible to pay the full amount of 136.63. SO SOMEBODY OUT THERE HAS TO CARE ENOUGH TO STOP THIS COMPANY FROM RIPPING OFF THE CONSUMERS. BECAUSE WITHOUT THE CONSUMERS THE SPECTRUM WOULD BE OUT OF BUSINESS. DON'T YOU AGREE. WATCH OUT FOR THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jack burton
November 5th, 2019 Owatonna, MN DETAILS

Went through the first year with no problems. When I signed up I was told after year one the price would increase by 10 dollars the another the year after that. Well my bill went up 40 dollars the next year I called and complained telling them the above. They more or less told me that they would never tell me that, like I would make it up. But they told me the could lower my bill down to 190 a month and I would save 5 if I brought back the modem that I never asked them to send me in the first place. I took it back but my bill came and it was 187 so I just paid the extra two bucks. Then the next month the bill Came and it was 195. Up another 7 dollars. Then the bill came the next month and it was up to 207 up another 12 dollars. So I called and complained and when I was told I must have misunderstood what they told me. Then when I tell them I want to cancel they tell me I have to wait till December because they do not credit for a partial month. I was told this November 3rd. I was upset at first but now I realize what this is going to to is make me cut the cord. These cable companies keep complying how there subscriber base keeps dropping so how are they going to fix it. Raise the prices on the suckers that stay with them. They keep lying to us and they expect us to go along with it like sheep.

Miranda
October 31st, 2019 Irving, TX DETAILS

When you steal a customer's trust & money that customer will work extra hard to make sure they tell every person they come across not to use SPECTRUM services aka TIME WARNER and XFINITY. 1st FUTURE BILLING on service dates is a trap so after you get the service they can change the rules on you. Now they will only tell you in a message on your bill because they know customers don't read bills most people are paperless & have electronic billing. If your billing cycle is 9-16-19 & 10-17-19 and you can your service on 10-20-19. They will not prorate the 3 days they are now making their customers pay for the whole month bill even though you are not using the service. A FEW THINGS: 1. When I was calling to cancel service do you think they mentioned this to me..NOPE. 2. Did I receive a message pop up on my TV notifying me they change the terms & I will have to pay a whole month even though I canceled early...NOPE. 3. Did I get a text message to my cell phone. NOPE. 4. Did they send me a letter that the terms were changing NOPE. 5. Did I get a email NOPE. I say all this to say that with all the ways they can notify a customer their bill is past due they could not use these over 6 ways of communication s to tell me they ARE GOING TO STEAL MONEY and make me pay for services on days I am not using it.

Frank R
October 28th, 2019 Reno, NV

You need negative stars so we can truly tell everyone how bad this company is. They have horrible customer service, are unable to keep their appointments and when they make mistakes they don't take responsibility. Whatever you do don't get scammed into using spectrum

Eric Nelson
October 28th, 2019 Seffner, FL DETAILS

I signed up with Spectrum and agreed to a billing amount via chat line. I copied the chat line to verify my pricing as I had run into problems with another cable company quoting over the phone. I was quoted an amount and was told that amount included fees and taxes. It was a good # and I asked to confirm it included fees and taxes. I was told that it did, my monthly bill would be $x. Turns out it did not include taxes and now that I have switched Spectrum says they can't do anything but a one time small billing adjustment. This company cannot be trusted no matter what they say to get you to move to their services. Very disappointing!

Marie
October 25th, 2019 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS

How can you stay with a company that doesn't care about their senior citizens. How can you afford 195.20 a month for almost basic services. On a fixed income. I do not understand why it costs so much. Their customer services have no compassion at all for the cost either. They don't care if you cancel or not. Well hopefully once their higher costs come into pay people will start canceling and their prices will come back down to a reasonable amount. GOOD BYE SPECTRUM!

Brandon
October 25th, 2019 Grand Prairie, TX DETAILS

Almost every single day of the year, shuts down atleast once and for atleast 10 minutes, nothing ever time consistent and never at a convenient time

Larry mekus
October 15th, 2019 Palmetto, FL DETAILS

Absolutely the worst cable company rude lie over and over again they don’t show up on time if they show up at all then tell u that i cancelled for there excuse trying to get cable repaired sense July still waiting October 14 still no show I’ve called at least 20 times starting in July best advice use satellite Dish or Directv

MIke Mike Brazeal Brazeal
October 15th, 2019 Spartanburg, SC DETAILS

Absolute the worst customer service imaginable...had to wait 30 minutes for what they said would be 10 minutes to talk to someone. Our On Demand show kept cutting of saying it had timed off; after reloading twice we had to watch the whole program to get back to where we left off. Gave up, called customer support, what a joke. I will follow what several of my friends have done a switch to HULU, can save a lot of $$$$. Spectrum is a bad choice,hard to contact Customer Service ha ha ha, aka a joke, giving up after years of their sub standard services.

Karen C.
October 15th, 2019 Kew Gardens, NY DETAILS

You are not going to pull a bait and switch on me. After being a TWC-Spectrum cable customer for over a decade, I called to add internet service and asked for a quote. Sales rep says I can give you $39.99. Knowing there are fees and all kinds of charges, I asked all the right questions and specifically for the new bottom line when including my cable bill. $84.98 a month all in he says for cable and internet. Nothing else on top of that (no fees, no equipment charges etc.). I receive the modem/router equipment today, had issues activating and once on the phone, the cable reps start saying that the guy was wrong about $84, it’s more. “Why would he say $84.98? It’s more like $120” they tell me. I said I don’t know why but if that’s what he said then you need to honor it. I get transferred to 3 or 4 departments after 2 hours and 20 mins on the phone (one even insinuated that the sales rep may have been tired because the time of my order call was at 9pm! I said you’re kidding me! Sales rep fatigue?!? Get outta here. Still not my fault he gave me a low quote!) I finally get through to “retention” dept. and the guy didn’t budge, acknowledged they need to find the sales rep and re-train but refused to honor my quote. I said this is classic bait and switch. The retention rep then claimed he saw no notes of that part of my record where the sales rep made a quote. The earlier reps were able to see the notes and details as they commented on why would he give such a low quote, so I wonder how they claim not to see it. If this was a random occurrence what are the chances my notes are suddenly missing. He says “you are already getting the best price at $116.” I said he quoted $84 And you need to honor it. He says well $116 is the best I can do. I say your rep messed up and I still have to pay what everyone else is paying. You can’t fix it on the basis that your agent made a misrepresentation/mistake at no fault of mine? I cancelled all services. Appalled at such horrible sales tactics and lack of accountability for their employees’ actions. I cancelled all services. You lost another long time customer.

F.V. Alicea
October 8th, 2019 Saint Cloud, FL DETAILS

On 10/7/2019, Monday, My wife and I were watching TV; the MLB AL Divisional playoff game 3 to be exact. At just before Midnight Spectrum decided to do "scheduled maintenance" to their TV, phone and internet service. This was the 8th inning of that game. A LIVE game...Not a recording. We called Spectrum and were told by a recording that it was a scheduled maintenance and we couldn't speak to a representative as they would have no other answers than what they have provided. How about answering the question as to who decided to do this maintenance while millions of people where watching this broadcast...Oh and Monday Night Football was also on. While all this may seem frivolous, the point is we are paying for a service, we are NEVER late on our payment and if we lose service when we are watching something LIVE, that we REALLY ENJOY...Too bad. Wouldn't have made more sense to do this maintenance while most people are sleeping? 1am? 2am? 3 am? No, because in ST. Cloud, FL Spectrum as a virtual monopoly. The other options for service are dish (which in the State of Florida should be banned) and a weak fiber optic from Centurylink. So Spectrum can do as they please and never have to worry about satisfied customers. No one can hold their feet to the fire for their poor performance. This is Spectrum a nd if I can save just one person from this nonsense I am satisfied.

Kris
October 8th, 2019 Louisville, KY DETAILS

Actually, Spectrum doesn't even rate the 1 star. It's just the lowest possible option. Speaking of options, if I had any, I would NOT be giving any money to these morons. I get less than half of the internet speed I'm paying for, and now it's getting even slower. The most recent genius at "customer service" (a term they should not be allowed to use) kept talking over me and pretending we had a bad phone connection, refusing to acknowledge she could hear me say anything about my internet speed! I could spend many hours writing about specific infuriating interactions I've had with these horrid people, but I'll fight the temptation. This is a common condition for Spectrum customers. Most of us have a burning need to rant & vent. The subtle shut-up-and-hang-up message we get from "customer service" is becoming much less subtle... Here's what you get from Spectrum: Poor quality TV (when the service isn't out). Big obnoxious ads popping up in the most inconvenient places - like right smack in the middle of your guide when you're trying to see what's on tv. Outright lies about what kind of internet speed you'll get. No option to simply pay for a lower speed. (After all, you're getting "high speed internet" and at SUCH a great price!!!) Have a technical question? You can count on never getting the same answer twice, no matter how many times you call. No problem, ever, will be resolved. Not to YOUR satisfaction. THEY however, consider it a positive outcome when we can no longer stand the futility & stop calling... They can't even get their own website or mobile app to function correctly. Not that the app-thing actually matters. These techno-geniuses designed a mobile app that only accesses your channels when you're at home, connected to your HOME wiFi. Yep! You can (if it's working at all) watch TV on your little tablet, and if it's difficult to see that tiny picture you can conveniently just glance over at YOUR TV!!! And for all this, you get to pay them a freakin' boatload of money! If you have ANY other option, don't waste your time or money on this company. Maybe some other companies are just as bad, but they cannot be any worse!

bailey jo
October 7th, 2019 Orem, UT

I used Spectrum to watch my sports games and it didn't have the best coverage. Several games that I wanted to watch would be unavailable due to my provider.

crm1978
October 4th, 2019 DETAILS

Honestly the Prices are horrible and yet the state of new York has yet to crackdown on them. There customer service is a joke. You shouldn't have to pay more then 60 for internet and cable. they are a monopoly and know they can get away with it. Best suggestions i have for people is this Cut the cord get your cell phone on a unlimited plan and teather it to your pc or laptop a few mounts of millions doing this they will drop there prices and change there attitudes or go out of business.

Travis White
October 1st, 2019 Kennewick, WA DETAILS

I been an existing customer for about 2 1/2 years and only get internet. I always get these advertisements to upgrade to TV & internet for $44.99. Just called and they said yes 44.99 Plus 44.99 and all together it would end up being 120 something. I would explain having my service here as only a frustration builder in life. I highly recommend you to go with any other option besides this one if necessary even if it means having slower internet. Obviously I'm canceling I'm moving on. I pray something happens and they go out of business. This is what happens when you allow monopolies

Ray R
September 30th, 2019 Dublin, OH DETAILS

It is bad enough to not pro rate discounts when someone cancels but what I think is flat out illegal is not allowing people to use that same service until the end of the billing period. How can you not prorate yet you can turn off service in the middle of the billing cycle. I think this company has contempt for their own customers.

JoAnn Lucas
September 30th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

Very helpful tech support. Very patient as they have talked me through several issues over the phone.

Marcia Gibbins
September 19th, 2019 Gladwin, MI DETAILS

Avoid this company like the plague. Horrible service, charged my 92 year old father 177.88 dollars per month!!!! This company should be shut down and sued. When he had to go to a retirement home was promised 8 different times they would pick up their equipment. Never did , never called nothing. I am going to shout to the roof tops about this company. Horrible!

ChristineL
September 11th, 2019 St. Petersburg, FL DETAILS

Spectrum cable Internet is the absolute worst company I've ever dealt with - and that's saying a lot. I've had to deal with companies that provide poor service, over Bill, extra charges ; but Spectrum takes it up another level and charged me for years and provides no service available 98% of the time. technicians would continually come out, but nothing would ever be fixed, they would still leave without any connectivity to internet & give some lame excuse. you will not have any service but they sure continue to bill every month. I have a great internet provider now - there is a spectrum van sitting outside trying to hook up my neighbor telling her the line must be down because of the storm ummmm, we haven't had a storm, we weren't hit by any storms, so it's just more of the same dishonesty. Unethical & uncaring.

K
September 9th, 2019 Spring Lake, NC DETAILS

I attempted to cancel my service on 8/12/2019 as I was in the process of moving to a new home. Spectrum does not let you cancel online so I had to call. There were long wait times so it was suggested I leave a phone number to call back at. I did and received a call. While trying to confirm my account we got disconnected and I did not receive a call back. I called Spectrum again and waited and when trying to confirm my account they could not and said I would have to get my account number. On 9/6/2019 I was able to call back to cancel my service and expected to be provided a prorated amount as I was not going to receive a full month of service. At this time I was told that as of 6/23/2019 they no longer offered prorated amounts of service stating that this was a monthly subscription plan. This information was not sent to me in a separate message nor was this on my May, June or July billing statements. In essence I have to pay for service for 8/31 through 9/29 even though I cannot use the service and they did not adequately disseminate this information. While subscription plans such as Netflix, Hulu or even Amazon Prime will not refund you if canceled in the middle of the month these services can still be used until the end of that billing cycle. This is not the case with Spectrum when this service is not provided at my new home. I have no issues paying for what has been provided but it is wrong to pay for something I cannot receive.

Tracy Reyna
August 28th, 2019 Brownsville, TX DETAILS

From day one there was issues with this company. Starting off wasn't getting good signals had them send a crew to tear up my dirt in the side yard to mud and still it wasn't right. It took three men to solve the issue and then the phone didn't work and they only wished to return a meesly ten dollars They will argue the right to screw you like a man eater piranha and feel they are entitle to charge for services not rendered. Lie to you and say you never complained and offer a ten dollar refund when your phone wasn't working correct for months. The state well our incompetent staff didn't take notes like your a liar trying to get over. I suggest write opt out of at the contract so you at least have a recourse to sue in small claims court. Don't be suckered into a costly contract and deal with losing money they didn't earn rightfully. They don't respect their customers nor valued them. It's all about how much money they make for this company they work for. Not about what your not getting and paying dearly for. Shame. I see a class action suit soon for them if they continue to not get it together.

mdh
August 20th, 2019 Temple, TX DETAILS

Cancelled my spectrum because of the high cost. I never had another choice until recently. Before being bought out by spectrum, Time Warner would work with an existing subscriber and give discounts. This stopped when spectrum took over. Once I cancelled, I was expecting a pro- rated bill. I was charged $204, my monthly bill for 2 days of service. I called and was told this was a monthly subscription “like a gym membership” and you didn’t pay in advanced, which is not true. This was the first I have heard of this. I feel I was robbed of over $200 dollars. Spectrum does not care for its subscribers. I’ll never go back, but they could care less, they have over charged me for decades.

Disgusted
August 20th, 2019 Conway, NH DETAILS

If I could give them zero stars, I would. Recently, they offered a 7 day free trial, which I decided to try. Nowhere in the offer did it mention that the customer would be charged for whatever days out of the alleged "free trial" they used. I cancelled after about 2 days. When I went to pay my bill, I discovered that they had charged me $21 for those alleged "free days"! Very bad -and illegal - business practice! I will be reporting them to the Consumer and Antitrust Bureau and the BBB!

Amanda
August 20th, 2019 Ringgold, GA DETAILS

I only had the company for 2 months when my internet service went down. They could not fix and had no clue what the probably was, except that it was my specific type of modem they were having a problem with across the board. In the middle of my now almost two week outage, I receive a bill from Spectrum for full price. I decided then to cancel. What I didn't know, and was never notified of, which later would be confirmed by a Spectrum Manager, is that the "monthly service" billing would be billed to me no matter when I cancelled. So I happened to cancel 5 days into my specific billing cycle, I was also not notified of this while cancelling, they decided I would have to pay for a full months service. Even though technically I hadn't had the service for 2 weeks PLUS the 5 days into my cycle. I filed a BBB complaint-this is when Andrew confirmed I never received any notification of the new monthly billing- and they decided to uphold this balance because evidently in the contract they say I signed, I accepted all term and conditions, which evidently means THEY CAN DO WHATEVER THEY WANT, WHENEVER THEY WANT TO DO IT, and are not required to alert the consumer. I will not be paying this bill. BEWARE of this company and their corrupt ways of handling their customers.

Rodney Hoffman
August 14th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

The Internet and TV service has been fine, BUT (1) They tell me I can't opt out of broadcast TV channels. DirecTV could, why can't they? (2) They tell me I can't BUY the Spectrum receiver instead of paying rent for it EVERY month FOREVER. GRRRR!

Susan
August 13th, 2019 Prairie du Sac, WI DETAILS

I was stuck having this provider because I lived in a small town that had no other options. There service was terrible. During a 2 hours program recording it would stop and start again 5-6 times. This was common. it happened several times a week. The service is expensive. I was paying much more for service then people in a large town 20 miles away. They were paying $160.00 I was paying $250.00 for the exact same services. I will never have them as a provider again.

Michael Moschilli
August 13th, 2019 Dunedin, FL DETAILS

Sales person comes out to my home offers me a great deal so of course I switch. The sales rep quoted me one price and said then on top of that about 20 dollars more for taxes and fees, not even close he even wrote all this on my paperwork. Then I get my first bill and it's almost double what he quoted me. I call Customer Service and they say oh thats the best we can do. Then I talk to the supervisor who gives me the same ridiculous response. Clearly they allow their sales people to lie to get business. This is why I stopped doing business with them years ago when they went under the name Brighthouse, the name changed but the same shady business practices remain. New name same poor service and billing issues. Only been 2 weeks and I already regret going back to them. I will be cancelling in the next couple days.

Jessica
August 8th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

Charter does this thing where they no longer prorate your bill. So if you go even one day into the next billing cycle when you disconnect, you are on the hook for the entire month's bill. I am now having to pay $138 for one day of service. ONE. DAY. I was not told when I disconnected that this would happen or I would have cut it off sooner. The internet connection was pretty good, and I had every intention of going back to them once I moved back into a service area. But now that's never going to happen. I hope that $138 was worth it.

Shawn
August 7th, 2019 Missoula, MT DETAILS

There is no internet provider worse than Spectrum. Constantly the internet will go out, for 5 to 10 min spans, then come back on for a few minutes only to continue going in and out right when you are in the middle of something. Directly connected via ethernet cable vs wifi, makes no difference. Buy a brand new modem and router? The connection will still drop, even though Spectrum will blame your hardware. They will keep sending people out to tell you there is no problem, yet nothing will ever get fixed. If you have literally ANY OTHER CHOICE, go with that over Spectrum...I'm thinking about just switching to an unlimited 5g mobile plan and tethering my wifi devices to it over this BS Spectrum service. SHAMEFUL, CRIMINAL, THEY ARE STEALING FROM THIER CUSTOMERS WITH NO ACCOUNTABILITY. SPECTRUM ARE THIEVES.

Mark Chapdelaine
August 1st, 2019 Ocala, FL DETAILS

Almost non-existent customer service. I had poor download speeds (Should have been 100mps) of 20mps. Took three visits to discover that I needed a new wire from the pole to the house. The cable now sits, unburied, for two weeks after 7 phone calls trying to get them to bury it. If someone should trip over their wire and get hurt, I will gladly be a witness to their ineptitude.

Bob Bryant
August 1st, 2019 Brooksville, FL DETAILS

Since the changeover from Bright-house our bill has gone up over $50 per mo. and have less channels. The Company keeps raising my bill and less channels. I turned a digital box and my bill went up....Just rec'd my bill for month of Feb and bill was increased $2?? service charge went up??? This Company needs a day of reckoning and hopefully will come soon with some real competition to contend with. Until then they will continue to rip us off.....

Dan Y
July 25th, 2019 Cedar Park, TX DETAILS

Simply tried to move my current business service from my current address to my new address. Took 7 calls. The rampant incompetence, either on the part of the reps on the phone or on the part of the company- which puts the wrong phone numbers on their monthly statements and their websites, so you have to get transferred around every time you call. If you go to the BroadBand Now site and look up Spectrum customer service reviews, 83% of them are 1 or 2 stars (out of 5). 'nough said? Should be but they don't care. When I complained to one of their reps on the phone about my horrendous service, his reply was " well, Comcast and AT&T are worse than us". Nice.

Steve
July 23rd, 2019 Penn Yan, NY DETAILS

Customer service and tech support are horrible. They may actually give you damaging advice, then there is no accountability. A decent company would try to make things right for the customer if possible. Spectrum doesn't seem to care.

An Neg
July 23rd, 2019 Newark, OH DETAILS

WORST company! TERRIBLE customer service. Bait and switch tv lineups. Too much money for what they provide. Run don't walk away from these clowns. I however am stuck because they are the only provider in my new area. I will be working actively now to resolve this issue! They jacked up my price despite the fact that I called and downgraded my service to get the cost down. When I called to find out what was going on (nicely) the condescending rep hung up on me! Of course this is after I endured the computer prompts and hold time. HORRENDOUS company. To add injury to insult, the internet drops out constantly and randomly reboots. The TV is stutter and glitchy like the boost mobile commercials. It's a big joke on customers!

Kimberly Bratcher
July 23rd, 2019 Gladwin, MI DETAILS

Rips off its customers by charging them for unreliable service, and even for services you can't use if they lose your payment due to a error in account numbers. They have the worst customer service I've ever had the misfortune of speaking with. They are a greedy company who has already been been caught scamming its customers. Worst decision of my life becoming a spectrum customer. In less than 2 months your bill goes from $180 to over $500. Our family will be looking into other options for our cable needs. Even after speaking with a corporate office they wouldn't do anything to fix their mistake with having our payment but losing it for over a month making us cancel that payment and submit another. We were without service for a month and they are charging us for that month when they had the payment the entire time. We paid the bill up to date and somehow ended up with a $349 balance in a months time. Constantly rising prices and spotty service. Just not worth the hassle or money spent.

Al E.
July 19th, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

I've was a Time Warner Cable Internet & Cable customer for over 20 years. Spectrum bought TWC recently and yesterday I could NOT get into my email. Today I received a POSTCARD from Spectrum saying they had CHANGED MY PASSWORD due unusual activity on my email Since they changed my password, I lost an entire ADDRESS BOOK with business emails. lost ALL of my DRAFTS, lost all of my TEMPLATES, lost all of SENT mail, and lost all of my INBOX. After calling them, there is NO WAY to get back my emails. I was told if the Tech Department sees unusual activity on your email, they will CHANGE THE PASSWORD and they do NOT call you, but send a postcard. What???

PDW1965
July 9th, 2019 Central, SC DETAILS

After 7 phone calls, with repeated errors, service tech at wrong address, we had to leave town without our security system working due to them. Run don't walk to another provider, they are the WORST. From not communicating internally, to promises of call backs in 30-45 minutes that you never get, they are without a doubt the worst company we've ever dealt with.

Ignacio Ospino
July 8th, 2019 Hernando, FL DETAILS

Quick resposnse to service calls, but poor treatment of exixting customers

William Jenkins
July 5th, 2019 Leavenworth, KS DETAILS

Are you guys serious? how do you review a company who hold a monopoly on service in the area in which you live. You DON'T have a choice. No matter how much you complain, give bad reviews, or talk about the "cons" of Spectrum, you don't have a choice. It's either use their service and pay the horrible fees or GO WITHOUT SERVICE. point blank. In the area I live in, Spectrum is HORRIBLE!!!!! The service, the customer service, the overall in general. There is NO COMPETITION IN PLACE to keep this company on it toes to provide what they as a service provider PROMISES the consumer. I bought a 400 mbs package and I only get 50 - 75 mbs at best. When I call in to complain, I'm told that it's MY FAULT I don't receive the service I pay for. BUT I'M STILL CHARGED FOR THE 400 MBS SERVICE. Spectrum is a joke because they are allowed by the consumer who "JUST CAN'T GO WITHOUT THEIR FACEBOOK" and will keep going on EXTORTING their customers unless competition comes into the area or they are held accountable for what they promise the consumers they do business with.

Julie
June 27th, 2019 O'Fallon, MO DETAILS

Added TV to internet and land based phone line only because Direct TV was charging too much. The DVR is way inferior to Direct TV. Only works about half the time. They dropped my land based phone line when I added the TV. I called to ask about it. The first person I talked to put me on hold. After 20 minutes I hung up. Waited for the call back to complain and never received it. Total phone call time was 35 minutes. The next day had to spend an hour on the phone trying to reestablish service. Argued with one lady who was rude and insisted I needed a new phone number. The next person said absolutely not. To get to any actual person takes at least 5 minutes. Waited for the call back on customer service for the second phone and never received it. They only call back if they know you are pleased. What a joke!

Maxi
June 24th, 2019 DETAILS

Spectrum gives us the best bang for our buck and they have the best customer service at all times. We are pleased and definitely recommend spectrum to our friends and family.

Nancy W. Pierre
June 24th, 2019 DETAILS

As of late I'm not pleased with service. I phoned about a billing problem 05/29/19 wanted to cancel service, but was given another promotional package so I kept service. On 06/15/19 bill had almost doubled. I called back, was told it was noted that I called.but nothing was input on computer showing change. I told them the name of person I spoke with, & department she worked in, & nobody knew the person. Two calls , & almost 3 hours out of my life to hear the package that was suppose to be don't exist!!!!! It's almost impossible to understand the bill, & people working there seem to have a hard time explaining it.