Terminix began in 1927, and with more than 90 years of experience in termite treatment and pest management, it has become a nation-leading termite and pest control service provider.

Terminix employs Ph.D.-level entomologists and certified members of the Entomological Society of America. Terminix has a team of more than 8,000 trained pest control technicians and helps over 2 million customers get rid of unwanted pests. The company is a household name in the pest control industry and currently operates in 45 states within the United States.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 Greenix chevron_right
#3 American Pest chevron_right

The Good

• Quarterly Pest Control Services
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
  • Wildlife and Rodent Control
  • Additional Services
  • Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Quarterly Pest Control Services

Pests are active year-round. While some may only appear in the spring and summer, others will find shelter in your home during the fall and winter. With year-round pests, you'll need year-round protection.

Terminix's Pest Control plan offers flexible treatment plans that take into consideration pest activity, location, and the season. Homeowners can expect a technician to treat the outside of their home every season - a total of four treatments a year (including the initial service).

As a part of its 100% Satisfaction Guarantee*, Terminix states that if the pests come back, it will too.

100% Satisfaction Guarantee

Terminix attempts to respond to its customers within two hours of the initial contact every day of the year, 24 hours a day. To accomplish this goal, the pest control company deploys the closest available exterminator to the location. With more than 300 locations across the United States, Terminix is equipped to respond quickly to any ant, tick, or termite problem within its expansive service area.

Many Terminix plans, such as the Residential Termite, Pest, and Mosquito plans, are protected with a 100% Satisfaction Guarantee. Under this guarantee, Terminix will do whatever it takes, including coming back between treatments at no cost, until the pest problem is gone. If the bug problem persists, or the customer is not completely satisfied within 30 days of an inspection or treatment, Terminix has a money-back guarantee and will refund the treatment charges and cancel the current service plan.

To see how this guarantee compare's to Orkin, visit our compare page.

Wildlife and Rodent Control

Alongside providing pest control services for common pests, Terminix offers homeowners and commercial properties a wildlife control plan. This includes effective, humane traps for raccoons, possums, squirrels, and other nuisance animals that can cause hundreds — possibly even thousands — of dollars in damage. Wildlife can chew through wires, eat drywall, tear insulation, leave droppings behind, and destroy personal property and belongings.

A Wildlife Control plan with Terminix includes a free inspection — where a technician will identify any entry points the wildlife are using to get in — a guarantee to come back and eliminate, and remove trapped pests, repairs to any new damage, and the company will seal any new entry points the wildlife creates**.

Additional Services

Terminix covers more than just insect and pest infestation problems; it also provides crawl space services and attic insulation services. Terminix not only treats for pests but works hard to identify and correct conditions that encourage their presence. Many homeowners aren't aware that moisture in their crawl space attracts several pests — many of which who can cause thousands in property damage.

Terminix uses advanced solutions to help protect homes against water damage, fungi, mildew, and minimize the conditions that attract pests. The company also offers an Attic Insulation service. Terminix's attic insulation is made from 85 percent recycled materials, is ENERGY STAR certified, is flame retardant, and able to reduce noise. As insulation degrades, it increases the wear and tear on the air conditioner and heater. Terminix's attic insulation can help homeowners regulate the temperatures in their homes, therefore, lowering heating and cooling costs.

Residential and Commercial Pest Control

Terminix has been in business for over 90 years and has locations in 45 states. The company has a network of over 300 local branches that can provide residential and commercial pest control. Each branch employs trained pest control technicians who specialize in local pest and termite control.

Terminix can even assist the homeowner establish a termite bond prior to the sale of the house. Terminix's termite bond states that a home has been inspected for termite damage, and details the severity of any termite infestation found and its respective treatment recommendation. The pest control company also works with home insurance companies to establish a termite contract, which consists of both an initial and annual termite inspection. In the event of a termite pest issue, Terminix will provide its termite control services at no cost to the homeowner.

Each Terminix technician knows that common household pests and rodents in any building can spread disease and seriously damage the quality and reputation of the company's product or service. That's why Teminix's Commercial Pest Control plan includes custom solutions for businesses. Whether it's retail services, healthcare facilities, food processing, Terminix helps businesses protect their reputation and stops pests from disrupting day-to-day operations.

Additionally, Terminix offers customized services for national companies. Its National Accounts team specializes is offering customized pest control services to businesses with multiple locations throughout the United States.

The Bad

• Pest Control Plan Exclusions
  • Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

Pest Control Plan Exclusions

Before signing a contract with Terminix for a pest control plan, be sure to read the fine print and make sure the treatment plan provides the right coverage. For example, Terminix’s Guaranteed Pest Control Plan covers treatment for cockroaches, mice, rats, silverfish, “house” ants, clothes moths, non-poisonous spiders, scorpions, centipedes, millipedes, earwigs, house crickets, and paper wasps.

It does not include coverage for carpenter ants, fire ants, pharaoh ants, tawny crazy ants, termites, wood-boring beetles, bed bugs, and mosquitoes.

Homeowners who want coverage for these pests will need to purchase an additional pest control plan for an additional charge.

Service Available in Most but Not All Regions

While Terminix offers coverage in most of the United States, there are five states that Terminix does not service: Alaska, Montana, North Dakota, South Dakota, and Vermont.

The Bottom Line

Terminix is one of the most well-known brands in the termite treatment and pest control industry and has more than 90 years of experience. The company offers free inspections for services that require an inspection before purchase, a variety of plans, a money-back guarantee, and 100 percent satisfaction on many services.

However, be sure to read the fine print on the contract before signing. The Standard Pest Control plan doesn't cover all pests and to receive coverage for certain pests (mosquito service, termite activity, bed bug issues, etc.), you'll have to pay a separate fee for an additional plan.

Terminix does stand out with its superior customer service. The pest control operators strive to respond to customers and deploy a local technician to any location as quickly as possible to ensure customer satisfaction. The Terminix C.O.D.E provides customers with 24/7 customer service, on-demand solutions, 100 percent satisfaction, and effective pest control strategies.

Overall, we recommend working with Terminix for your professional pest control needs.

View Best Pest Control Companies

*If within 30 days after an inspection or treatment you aren't totally satisfied, Terminix will refund the treatment or coverage charges, reimburse any prepaid services, and cancel your plan. Subject to additional limitations and restrictions. See Terminix Pest Control Plan for details.

**Covered pests include rats, mice, bats, tree squirrels, flying squirrels, raccoons, opossums, skunks, groundhogs, armadillos, pigeons, starlings, sparrows, and snakes. Limitations apply. See Terminix Rodent and Wildlife Exclusion Service Plan for details. Consult your plan for specific terms and limitations that may apply. Not available in all areas.

2.8

John Q

August 19th, 2019 Alexandria, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Made an appointment thru terminix on a Friday told tech will be there on Monday 8 to 10am no tech no call on Monday lost the day.this is second time. When they first came months ago for ants spiders no success we still have a problem I will never use them again

max

August 19th, 2019 Plymouth, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

0 stars was not an option! Their sales representative showed up at at my home offering a "special'l neighborhood plan. He seemed quite knowledgeable explained to me the course of action that would be taken. He assured me all my pest problems would be addressed and resolved. the price seemed very reasonable for all that was promised. Foolishly I agreed sighed his contract.Then the technician showed a week later. No issues with the guy personally however.He didn't seem to know at all what he was doing.He even admitted to me he had no idea about the pests in my area because he was from another part of the country! He ended up leaving without tending to the main reason he was there in the first place! I did not receive anything close to what I was promised. I called customer service and was told they could not give me a local branch phone number so that I could speak to a manager because it was against their policy! I was told they could e-mail them and I would receive a call within 48 hours .I did not, I called again ,still have not! They processed my credit card payment promptly though! please beware. I am writing this review to save others from being taken advantage of by these crooks the way I have been.

Mike Hunt

August 16th, 2019 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Complete waste of time and money. They came and treated my house and within days I had a pest problem again...!

Grady

August 16th, 2019 Rogersville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They did there job but some of there people are not as well trained as they should be.

Laura

August 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I paid $2,500+ upfront for a pest control (termite) plan. I CANCELLED the plan the NEXT day. It was my understanding that the payment would NOT be submitted through my bank until the work was completed. It has been almost 4 weeks and I still have no refund. The OSP that initially helped me is trying her best to get my money refunded but she can only do so much.

Gena batres

August 12th, 2019 Alameda, CA

If I could give a negative star I would!!! I should’ve read the reviews before I scheduled them. Just like everyone else’s stories on here I called to schedule a technician to come and look at my place. I left our back door open by mistake and a baby possum ran inside the kitchen and made its way to our attic. The soonest they could come was 3 days so we scheduled the appt and tried to get it out ourselves and after no success we were ready for the technician to come. They said between 8a-12p. I called at 10a to see if they were running on time. I have 4 kids (6 years and under) so I was checking to see if we had time to play outside for a bit since everyone was getting cabin fever. They told me just finished up his last job and was on his way to me as we spoke. 2.5 hrs later no one came!!! I called and they now said he was in a crawl space at another job because it was closer than me. We had got bumped!!!! Called to complain and the branch manager Jessie aichale was no where to be found. Mike the service call had to leave a message on his voicemail. And when I asked what happened and where did the communication breakdown. Mike let me know if was the technician Marvin J job to contact me to let me know he would be running not only past the time the caller said but also waaaay past the time they had given me. Here we are 1 hr past the latest time they gave me and nothing!!! Don’t use them!!!!!!!!!! Mike: service caller Jessie aichale: branch manager Marvin J : technician

Marty O

August 5th, 2019 Wichita, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

In August 2019 we had Terminix Pest Control provide our home with a professional estimate for bug infestation of bed bugs. Terminix staff professionally and courteously provided us a prompt estimate. After x3 applications and treatments for bed bugs we believed we had the pest problem under control. We followed all preparation guidelines required by the company before treatment. Including but not limited to: Washing & or heat drying all cloth material clothing in closets, dresser drawers, cabinets and cloth curtains hanging on walls. Washed / heat dried & doubled bagged in plastic containers and plastic bags. We even removed bug infested furniture pieces in living room x4. Over $2.200 spent on services dollars 11 1/2 months later and Terminix wants to charge us for a new application. While this house is under a 12 moth warranty for protection from bed bugs. We are greatly dissatisfied with service. Marty O. Wichita, Kansas

Shannon Sahadi

August 2nd, 2019 Berwyn, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Judging by some of the reviews, apparently they do this quite often to their customers, who they claim to value so much. I called on Wed 7/31 to schedule an appointment for today, Friday 8/2. They informed me they would come between 8am and noon to render their services. In the mean time, my 3 children and I obtain a hotel room, to avoid the pest who were biting my kids terribly,for the past 3 nights, after being told my problem would be taken care of on 8/2. As it was approaching 12, I called to see if they were close to being there. Come to find out, without informing me, they had scheduled it for 8/21 instead, because it is more convenient for them to come based on location. Long story short, I'm out of $300 on hotel costs and still left with pest. They basically told me sorry about your luck they couldn't do anything for me. The branch manager was very rude and lacked any compassion or customer service.

Rick Davis

August 2nd, 2019 Pensacola, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Called because of roaches, 6 weeks and four visits I still have roaches. Rude customer service and a failure delivering the promised service. No stars if possible! Rick Davis - Pensacola Florida

Diana

August 1st, 2019 Rockville, CT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I hired Terminix based mainly by there advertising. After four visits to my home the first three said Termites which I already new, They come out of the woodwork weekly or after they spray a big 2 OZ. They do not treat inside as far as I am concerned. The last visit to my home I was spoken to so loudly and with Disrespect, I cancelled within 30 days and said I want a full refund there is always an excuse my boss is out of town. He was not the week I sent Reg mail return receipt and the next day I sent the same notice signed again regular mail. I signed it 7-24-19 My calendar had flipped down to June so it was really 7-22-19.So they would have received by 7-24-19. I told the manager and two others and still no call to discuss refund they are just taking advantage I am 63 disabled with chronic pain among other spine bad problems I would not trust them I was yelled at by a young man in my home who said. " Do you know how old those ads are. I replied there is a word for that false advertising. They put traps outdoors that can take a year. If I knew that was all they were going to do I would do it with my husband who he instructed them to call him on his cell. Which they did not. He has POA. for me which is legal by our atty and aa judge.

Vic

July 31st, 2019 Alpharetta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst company and worst service I’ve ever seen. Don’t waste your money

Glenn61

July 31st, 2019 Opa-locka, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I scheduled 2 months in advance to make sure there was no problems when the time came to get the house tented. I was informed by their "inspector" that the tent would be ON for 3 days then cleared. The tent was put on by a sub-contractor, not Terminix, on Monday at 1:30 PM, Then they come back the next morning at 8:30 AM and remove the tent. They left all my windows open, the light inside on and the alarm was off. OK, I called to get someone out to clear the house by 1 or 2 on the second day. The "inspector" says they will be there in the morning, I'm thinking, cool, before 12 noon. But at 1:00 I called the goofball back, still waiting, and he tell me it's going to be tomorrow morning. But wait, The tent came off at 8:30 AM , it was only on for 19 hours.... and then at 10:30 AM on the third day, the guy shows up to clear the house, 25 HOURS LATER.... ! 19 hours to tent the house and 25 hours waiting for some goofball contractor to let me back in my house...? My house was left unsecured, with the windows open, the alarm off and the back room light on all night so security was the last thing on their mind after customer consideration. Terminix could have cleared the house on the second day, but they just ignored me. I will never call Terminix again, their attitude about the customer is just inconsiderate. I have to tent a Duplex next and I will NOT be using Terminix.

May

July 31st, 2019 Bainbridge Island, WA

I had an appointment for a Terminix employee to come out and assess my wasp/yellow jacket situation. I had sustained a very severe sting and it was recommended by my doctor to have a pest company remove the wasps and yellow jackets from my property as if I was stung again, I could die! Terminix never showed up for the appointment that had been confirmed twice and never called. I spent 4 hours on the phone with Terminix was on hold twice for almost 2 hours and 2 other times the representative never came back on the line. Absolutley deplorable service ! To make matters worse my elderly Mother was in the ER and very sick and I could not go see her as I was waiting for the Terminix representative all day with hopes he/she show up as promised. We have a large neighborhood blog and I will definitly caution my neighbors to never use Terminix. A horrid experience!!

Kathy

July 30th, 2019 Galion, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst, most fragmented communication throughout the entire 1 year contract. Signed up for interior treatments, entire year they had me down for exterior only. Never telling me when they were coming. Would not finish out the contract with inspections but continue to come for exterior treatments unannounced oh, can't get them to stop! Won't stop sending the bills! Always transferring me to a department that doesn't answer. Like babysitting a bunch of toddlers!

FRANKLIN J SANDERS

July 30th, 2019 Marion, IL

Terminix came out to inspect a house I was selling, The inspector, said he didn't find any terminates, but put on the recommendations, that the house need treated. I talk to the inspector and he said" that it is the company policy that if the inspector doesn't see any terminates, or evidence of the house being on any program for terminates, they check the box for recommendation to have it treated. Even with no evidence of terminates. I am so glad that when I go to my Dr. he doesn't say, where there is no evidence you have cancer, but I recommend chemo any way. SCRAM!!! SCRAM!!!

Kathy

July 29th, 2019 Galion, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's like having to babysit a bunch of two-year-olds. Worst fragmented communication ever. I never knew when they were coming. My service request was for interior extermination, always scheduled for exterior only every single time. Continuous cancellations and did not stop my 1 year contract voluntarily. I'm still trying to get them to stop coming.they can't even get rid of blowflies in the basement.

June

July 29th, 2019 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very shoddy customer service. Terminix was supposed to service my home today from 3 to 5. I left work early and no one showed. I called and they said technician called out and my appointment was changed to tomorrow. Now I have to leave work early TWO days in a row. They claim they tried to call me but the number didn't work. Appears they never updated the phone number I gave them.

Deborah

July 26th, 2019 Staten Island, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible service. I was outsourced to the Philippines 3 x last week. Finally , spoke to the office manger today and couldn't offer me an additional appt until August 10. When I told her I babysit for my 9 mom old granddaughter and after the initial extermination , I am seeing ants everywhere including on the baby. She said" nottin, I can do about that, don't listen to anybody from the Philippines", we are changing over our phone system. Was she serious??? I cancelled my contract right then and there . I am switching to Orkin. A much better company to deal with. Deborah Gentile

Alan Heffner

July 22nd, 2019 Camp Hill, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminix is horrible. We have been after them for 8 months to come and perform the minimum service for our contract. In the last 2 weeks we have had 3 appointments scheduled and they have missed all 3. The customer service line is horrible. They do nothing for the customer and offer weak platitudes to try to smooth over the anger I am feeling by their lack of service and commitment. I would never recommend them to anyone. Horrible company it is hard for me to imagine how they are still operating if this is their normal MO.

sandi

July 19th, 2019 Lakeville, MN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminex set up service for our home. It was to be today (Fri) between the hours of 8-12. We have a lot of animals and we were told to put them away from the area. They were to call 1/2 hr prior to service. We caged the animals at 8 and waited. By 11:30 we heard nothing from the company. I called and was told 'the technician had already been there'. I told her that was not true because our property is totally fenced and gated. She said 'I don't think they would lie'. Ha! all I got was lies from there out. Called again at noon and was told 'a supervisor would get back to me within a half hour'. No call. I called again at 1:10 and was continuously put on hold. 45 minutes later I speak to the supervisor who tells me she 'spoke to the area manager and she could set up a new appointment for Monday'. We have an event Saturday so Monday would be too late. Besides the heat index is over 100 and our animals have been couped up in cages for 5 hours and we have had to spray them down to keep them cool. I asked to speak to the area manager directly and was told he would call me within a half hour. An hour later he calls me and informs me that he does not service my area. What a complete waste of time. DO NOT USE THEIR SERVICE call Orkin or someone more reliable.

Kathryn

July 16th, 2019 Bernardsville, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stay away!! I would give them no stars if I could. Service is horrible. Staff is pleasant when you call, but often difficult to understand because of their accents. If you ask for service, you often have to schedule a date far in the future and frequently it is not an optimal date for you. (Once I was given only one date, one time slot as their availability!) Also, even when given a specific date, it has recently been the case that the date gets canceled or the technician does not show. This has happened many times for quarterly service or especially for any added services. Supervisors/managers are not available and when requested, do not call back (I’ve tried 4 times now!) I am now trying to cancel my service and that is not going well either...no surprise...no one is calling me back

Carrie Williams

July 15th, 2019 Duluth, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible customer services and deceitful practices. $50 off the initial treatment is a scam. I was charged the full amount after the first treatment and have called 4 times trying to get a refund and still no refund. Representatives are rude and managers are never available to speak with, which is unacceptable. Company is dishonest and does not values their clients.

Paige Baldwin

July 11th, 2019 Wellsville, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My family had to use terminix on our family business a little while back and we really enjoyed them. Their service was great and their customer service was also great. they did a great job and I’d recommend.

Pat

July 10th, 2019 Lakeville, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had terminex for years but lately have been extremely disappointed. Had carpenter ants inside the house. They recommended just spraying outside and calling back if I continue to have problems. Well I still have problems and everytime I call i have to wait over 15 min to talk to a representative. Then they tell me they can’t make an appointment and someone will call me back which never happens!! What happened to the guarantee that i’m Paying for?

Scott

July 10th, 2019 Bowling Green, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On Jult 1(Monday) I called because of small black ants inside. They advised scheduling would contact me with in 48 hours. July 3 (48 hours later) I called and they had no idea, They attempted to contact the local office and failed. They said I would be contacted that day. July 5, I called and after too much time on the phone, they said the soonest appointment would be July 16. It's now July 10 and I a=m checking on other services before I'm helplessly invaded.

Ron

July 7th, 2019 Northridge, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have experienced all of following, some of them multiple times: Agent doesn't show up for service, and I have to call and reschedule. Agent doesn't show up for service, and claims that he did. Agent shows up, sits in his car for 15 minutes, and leaves. He then claims to have preformed the service. Agent shows up, performs services, but doesn't perform the services listed in my profile. Customer service rep. refuses to connect me to a supervisor. Customer service refuses to reschedule a service after technician doesn't show up. I was billed for services that were no performed.

Floyd L

July 7th, 2019 New Baltimore, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

After dealing with an ant problem I called Terminex. I wished that I had read the reviews first. They are all true. They promise services that they do not deliver. When you contact customer service they tell you a supervisor will get back to you. They never return your call. They say that they have a 100% satisfaction or money back guarantee. When you tell them about your dissatisfaction they refuse to honor the money back guarantee. DO NOT use this company. Call Orkin or a local company. This is the dirtiest company that I have ever dealt with.

Keith

July 5th, 2019 Pascoag, RI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Back in February of this year I called Terminex because I was having a big problem with paper wasps in my house. My husband is allergic to bees, when I called Terminex to set up an appointment we had already killed 25 wasps. They also had an add for a free estimate on blow in insulation that is allegedly the best against pest protection. So when I signed up for the initial treatment to rid of the wasp problem I signed up for the free inspection. I got an email confirming the time and such and that I would get a phone call when the inspectors were on the way. I was a little aggravated because I did not get a phone call that they were on there way and they just showed up to the house. The appointment was scheduled for 3pm and it was a good thing my husband was home because I had arrived back to my house at 255pm from running errands and the inspectors were already done. This turned me off a little bit but I shrugged it off because things happen. I had the inspection and the first treatment on the same day. Dean quoted us for the insulation and we scheduled it 2 weeks out. The two others that came to spray didn’t have anything for wasps. I had told them it was my concern and that was why I had them come in the first place. They called their office and told me that they would order something for the wasps and it would be in in about 2 weeks. A week and a half goes by and 2 days before the scheduled install dean called and stated they he was double booked on accident and he asked if we could reschedule. So we rescheduled for the following Friday. Wednesday before the scheduled install Dean calls me again and asked if we could reschedule for that Tuesday again because he couldn’t make that Friday work. (After he asked me to do it that day). So I told him I have to make a few calls and I will call him right back. I couldn’t get anyone to be at my house for then so I told him it would have to be for that next Friday (now 3 weeks after the initial scheduled install and 5 weeks after the initial assessment). I asked about the wasp stuff and he said that he would check into it for me. Apparently nothing had come in yet. 4 weeks after the initial spray. Once again 2 days before this 3 time reschedule appointment Dean calls me to reschedule that he has too many appointments. This time being fed up and feeling like just a number I told him if he cannot get it done on this Friday I wouldn’t be rescheduling and I would look elsewhere. He called me back and told me he could do it. I had something to do that day for 12pm and Dean made it very clear that the install would start at 9am and would be done for me to be able to get to where I needed to be for 12pm. The day of install March 29th 2019 at 10:45am came around and I had still gotten no phone call that the sprayers were on their way to install the insulation. At this point I was done. I called dean to cancel. Dean was very frustrated as you could here it in his voice, he stated that the equipment was already on the truck and the guys were about 15 minutes away. I expressed why I was upset and that I couldn’t stay for the install because I made it clear to him I needed them here for 9 because I had somewhere I had to be. He called his General Manager as soon as he got off the phone with me and maybe 2 minutes later I got a call from a Greg the general manager. I told Greg everything and that I didn’t like just being a number and not a valued customer and my appointments and time meant nothing to them. Greg promised a discount on the install, a lower quarterly price and that from now on I would just talk to him instead of Dean. As aggregated as I was I was able to get my sister in law to be here for the install so I could make my prior engagement and be done with this nightmare. I also told Greg about the wasp stuff that I have been waiting for and he assured me that the wasp stuff would be in soon and as soon as it comes in that it would be delivered. This process started in February. They finally sprayed the insulation March 29th after much hassle. May 2nd came around and I messaged Greg to ask about the wasp stuff and when they planned on coming back to spray the exterior. He said “no problem” he would check on it for me. May 9th I texted him again and said “Greg, I never heard from you”. With it being an IPhone it showed the read receipt as that day May 9th 2:59pm. A few days went by and I was so disgusted with this company I called the main line to speak with someone else. I cancelled my plan and I asked for a refund of the $200.00 initial assessment. They did nothing for me. I had an issue with wasps and they couldn’t even provide me with anything for them not even the simple traps they have at Home Depot or Lowes for $10.00. They came and set about 6 mouse traps that cost about $20.00. Worst Company for pests such poor customer service. I have told friends and anyone I hear of looking for pest extermination to NOT use Terminex, they are TERRIBLE!!!!

Kenneth Clark

June 26th, 2019 Danville, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminex is absolutely terrible! While their product is satisfactory their customer service is deplorable. We had an appointment for this evening for a rep to come checkout our home for pest to se if/when service was needed. When I called I was given several time choices and confirmed 6-8 PM tomorrow, and was confirmed by the scheduler. We are an existing customer as well and I should say that I was not really surprised when no one showed up or called, as that is more the norm than the exception. One time on my annual inspection we were actually stood up 3 times with scheduled appointments with never a call or technician actually showing up. The only reason that I gave them 1 star is because zero stars was not an option. I will be calling Orkin in the morning, there is no way possible that they can be any worse!

Tracy Hill

June 20th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like Terminix for pest control because they were very fast, kind, and helpful. I would recommend this company to my neighbors and friends

Maggie Oakville

June 14th, 2019 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have ants. $600.00 later and I still have ants. Called about the 110% guarantee- it is only valid for 90 days after the last paid service-for that 1 service only-mine was on Feb 25, 2019. So happens we had so much snow, they were unable to open the gates to get into my back yard to do any service , they did not call me to book a follow up yet billed me anyway for coming out. When I called to complain, they were rude and told me they were coming out the week of June 29th for my next scheduled appointment--What appointment? To my surprise it is a revolving account, they would continue to bill me quarterly when i believed my contract was over. Hence trying to get the 110% guarantee. This company are a bunch of crooks. I would NEVER recommend them to anyone. Like I said, $600.00 to get rid of ants and i still have ants-unbelievable

Jeff culver

June 14th, 2019 Placerville, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We were so happy with Dominic! He came out twice to get rid of the mosquitoes before our outdoor wedding. We were pleased on our wedding day to have no mosquitoes bothering our guests! We highly recommend Dominic and Terminix to make your summer mosquito free. The cost is nominal too!

R. Coleman

May 28th, 2019 Wayne, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We had an appointment scheduled for 5/28/19 between 8am-12pm. The technician never showed up nor did they call. VERY FRUSTATING AND UNPROFESSIONAL.

Bryan David Ross, Sr.

May 21st, 2019 Portsmouth, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Terminix services for both termite and rodent control for about a decade now. They are always on time and always answer my questions and concerns as I live behind wetlands. Mr. John W is the technical representative for the Portsmouth, VA. Terminix and always does a great job.!

Karrie

May 15th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love it when we get our Terminix treatments. The difference is noticeable every single time. The price is very affordable and they are able to work around our schedule very easily.

Craig

May 14th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminix is more about making money than helping clients with their yards and homes. They did multiple services while I was away from the house that I never requested and then demanded payment. I would never recommend Terminix to anyone!

Jennifer

May 10th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Overpriced for the same service you can get elsewhere. Terminix seemed liked they were always just trying to bill me for things that I didn't need. From start to finish I just never was happy with the service.

Reese

May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have used Terminix many times and every time they have professionals come, who are very competent and will ask me about my concerns and take care of the problem in a professional manner.

jay

May 8th, 2019 Hollywood, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

sales tech allow tenant to sign contact in my name, owner of property .they move stop paying and they place it on my credit . call to talk to billing in customer service, paid the bill and ask to reverse from my credit report they refuse.talk to supervisor in billing was so rude.

Anne

May 7th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Daniel was prompt and very knowledgeable. Asked me questions about any possible insect problems. Knew exactly any insects I had questions about. Very friendly and professional.

Ashley

May 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We use Terminix for our normal pest control and have been very happy. What we didn't realize until recently is that they also provide Attic insulation service. Our home is now running with better efficiency and we are free from little critters!

David

May 4th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've been a customer since 1986. The service today by Jonathan H was the best we've had in quite a while. He was friendly, thorough and did the job right.

Federico

May 3rd, 2019 Apache Junction, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They came to my house quickly and took care of my pest issue. They’re very efficient and not very expensive. The tech that they sent was very experienced and knew exactly what to do.

Denise Hightower

April 23rd, 2019 Beaumont, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was told that they were gonna treat my house and yard. On March 23, 2019 when the technician showed up he didn't even knock on my door or ring the doorbell. I heard him when he drove up. I went to the door and he told me he had been knocking on my door(lied). He was only at my house for about 15-25 minutes and everything he did was outside. He told me that he was spraying for ants and other bugs so I wouldn't have anymore problems with ants. He never came inside my house and then he said I was unavailable to sign my contract.(lied again). The ants just moved from around my house to the yard. I couldn't have a Easter Egg hunt for my grandkids this time because my yard was full of ants. I got out of my car in my driveway and stepped in a ants bed. I called ya'll to come back out only to get an email that said my credit card was being charged another $97.87 to come back out and spray for the ants that you didn't kill during the first visit on March 23, 2019. So they saying we will come back for no additional charge is just another big fat lie. It's hard to reach this company by phone and if you have that much business hire some folks to answer your phone. Really PISSED OFF!

Pissed of ex-customer

April 23rd, 2019 Wesley Chapel, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The technician must have been in a hurry on his first visit. He did not even check the house. He did the very minimum. Future visits were scheduled. Most times he tried coming when no one was home. Finally, he didn't even show up at all. Never again!!!!

Mark McAninch

April 11th, 2019 Dunnellon, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I wouldn't give them 1 star if let me. Stay away from Terminix. They come to my home and put some roach bait in the house. And the technician sprayed only the bottom of the perimeter of my home. I have more insects now than before they came. The technician was here no more than 20 minutes for $90. Just so you know.

Nanci Coulter

April 6th, 2019 Kailua-Kona, HI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had Terminix pest control and your ultimate protection guarantee for going on 15 years. I became aware of the presence of rats two years ago they made it to the house in March I walked into my kitchen at night and saw a huge Norway rat sitting on top of my stove . I called Terminix the next day they told me that they couldn’t come out for 10 days so I threw a fit and someone came out and threw two poisoned sticky traps...five minutes max. That night I heard the rat stuck to the trap behind the stove...no help from Terminix. A friend helped me move out my stove, what I saw disgusted me...the whole area was covered with rat feces and urine...it urinated it’s way out of the sticky trap. The Terminix man had moved out the stove when I was in the other room , he had to have seen what was there. Bottom line I have spent over ten thousand dollars for their protection...when I needed their help I got worse than nothing...they were abusive, to quote the branch manager What do you want me to do about it? So I was left to clean the rat urine and feces from underneath my stove the smell was still in my house and so I opened the vent under my dishwasher which was also filled with rat urine and feces. Here I am I’m 70 years old I’m on my hands and knees on the tile in my kitchen cleaning with my face on the floor to clean up the rat urine and feces what did these people give me for $10,000 aside from grief and disease ? Currently I’m having my blood tested for rat born illnesses stay as far away from these people as you can they are dishonorable. As my husband would say you are what you do not what you say they talk big but they don’t do anything . All their protection is ,is a promise that they don’t keep.

Erica

April 4th, 2019 Melrose, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We have had a pest company coming for several months. Never saw any dead pests and population of pests kept increasing. We cancelled service and hired termi ex to come out. After the service was complete we left for the night. Came back the next evening and there were dead pests everywhere. We are very grateful for the quick precise elimination of them. We will keep terminex recurring services indefinately.

Ralph Payne

April 2nd, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is only for the West Palm Beach, Florida office, not the company as a whole. A company that's been around as long as they have is doing something right. Sadly, my local branch seems totally discordant with the overall image of the corporation. Here's my story. I signed a contract last year (April) to control subterranean termites. They came out on time and performed the service as contracted. No problem. In late February I received the annual renewal agreement, which I paid on time. Again, no problem. I received an unsolicited email from Terminix informing me that I had an appointment schedule on Tuesday, March 19 between 1-3 pm. This was a good time for us (wife and I) so we kept it and was there for it. No call, no show. Big problem. At least call to let us know the appointment can't be kept so we don't sit around waiting for you. Reschedule for today, April 2, between 3-5pm. Re-confirmed the appoint on 3/31. It's still set. Called again today, around noon, to find there is no longer an appointment. No call to let us know of it being dropped. Bigger problem. Talk to a customer service rep. She assured me that the branch would contact me within 24 hours. I'm not holding my breath. Local branch doesn't seem too concerned about keeping appointments or calling. Maybe, your branch is better, but my branch this very poor.

Janet B.

March 29th, 2019 Mt. Dora, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terminix was scheduled to do a termite inspection of my home in Mt. Dora,Fl. They did not come or call. My friend said her Terminix for bugs was good so I scheduled again for today. Again the Terminix inspector did not show up. Who runs a business that makes customers wait for a three hour window and not show up twice? Completely fed up with Terminix not being accountable for showing up for scheduled appointments.