A few Orkin customer reviews (below) indicate that Orkin is a reliable pest control company but perhaps a bit pricey when compared to others in the industry. However, many customers were happy with the services the company provided and stated that the service technicians were helpful and professional. The overall consensus was that homeowners felt the price was well worth the end result.

A bit about the company's background and pest control experience:

Orkin was founded in 1901 by teenager Otto Orkin. Over the last century, Orkin has grown and expanded to be an industry leader in the pest control services. Orkin specializes in protection against common pests including termites, rodents, and insects. Orkin collaborates with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and major universities to help prevent and control pests, all while caring for the earth’s environment. Orkin also teaches students across the country about pests and pest management by supporting the O. Orkin Insect Zoo at the Smithsonian Institution’s National Museum of Natural History and at the Orkin Children’s Zoo at Zoo Atlanta.

Currently, Orkin is a wholly owned subsidiary of Rollins, Inc., headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia.

#1 Aptive Environmental chevron_right
#2 American Pest chevron_right
#3 Edge chevron_right

The Good

• Variety of Pest Services
  • Research and Development
  • A.I.M. Process
  • Free Re-Treatments
  • Technician Training and Certification
  • Home Services

Variety of Pest Services

Orkin offers treatments for a variety of pests, including bed bugs, moths, crickets, fleas, hornets, scorpions, silverfish, carpenter ants, winged ants, roaches, mice, spiders, centipedes, earwigs, ticks, and termites. During winter months, the focus is on inside treatments, most commonly rodents. Treatment for termites is usually in highest demand between March-May and August-September. However, the company is equipped to tackle most any pest problem at any point in the year.

Orkin’s Commercial Pest Control services help businesses with their pest problems. Orkin knows that even one pest can have a negative financial impact on a business and a larger infestation could be damaging to a companies reputation. An Orkin Commercial Pest Specialist will work with a business to target and eliminate pests and rodents to the customer's satisfaction.

Research and Development

Orkin uses state-of-the-art research and development in its pre-treatment processes. The company focuses on the innovation of pest control solutions before client implementation to maximize effectiveness and efficiency in its A.I.M. Process.

A.I.M. (Assess, Implement, Monitor) Process

Orkin understands that each home is unique. The company's integrated A.I.M. pest protection process works to assess, implement, and monitor the home's pest population. In the Assess phase, a local Orkin pest professional conducts a comprehensive inspection of the property to identify what makes the property unique, what sanitation issues or structural conditions could attract pests, and how pests might get in or why they may want to. Building type, geography, climate, soil properties, and any conditions conducive to pest activity are considered.

In the Implement phase, Orkin works with the customer to develop a custom Precision Protection™ program that suits the customer's specific needs. If a product is needed, an Orkin specialist will select the most effective treatment with the least impact on the environment.

In the Monitor phase, an Orkin professional will monitor whether the treatments implemented were the best fit for the customer's situation through regular inspections and check for signs of pest activity or any new conditions that may have surfaced since the last visit. All services performed, pest activity and other recommendations are documented.

Free Re-Treatments

Customer satisfaction is Orkin's goal. If a customer isn't completely satisfied, the company will aim to make it right. If pests return between treatments, an Orkin specialist will return for a re-treatment at no extra charge. If Orkin is unable to solve the customer's pest problems, it will refund the last service payment as long as they're a current customer.

Technician Training and Certification

Orkin’s training facility is a state-of-the-art facility containing several stimulated customer environments. Each Orkin technician is trained using an award-winning certification program that includes class work from Purdue University, treatment techniques, and various specialty pest and industry-specific employee training.

Home Services

A number of pest control companies do not offer any kind of home services. Along with providing pest control, Orkin offers a few home solutions. With Orkin, homeowners can help protect their home from heating and cooling losses with the company's OrkinTherm® or Orkin ComfortZone®. The OrkinTherm® is an environmentally friendly insulation for the attic and walls and the Orkin ComfortZone® is an innovative and cost-efficient radiant heat barrier.

Additionally, homeowners can hire an Orkin Man to treat for excess moisture in their home which if left untreated can lead to a termite infestation, mold, or structural damage.

Florida residents have the option to receive year-round lawn care. The company will take care of lawn pests, weeds, and any diseases that will hurt the yard.

The Bad

Not Available in All States

Orkin has an impressive service area that includes 83 countries and 5 of the 7 continents. However, the company currently does not operate in Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.

The Bottom Line

With over 100 years of experience in the pest control business, professional pest technicians, a variety of services, and continuing research and development, Orkin is a sound choice for an exterminating company.

The company offers treatments for a variety of insects and rodents, utilizes the A.I.M. process to assess, implement, and monitor unique pest control services, has additional home solutions, and offers a 100 percent satisfaction guarantee with free re-treatments. Orkin’s service technicians are pest control experts and strive to offer the best pest solutions — whether they're spraying for mosquitoes, getting rid of ants, or treating a termite problem.

Additionally, customers can receive same-day treatment if they call before 2:00 PM local time.

We recommend customers look into a pest control plan with Orkin.

View Best Pest Control Companies

3.7

Pete and Irma Boudreau
November 26th, 2019 Escanaba, MI DETAILS

I called orkin and their local rep showed up the following day. She was very professional and explained the procedure to us and our tenant. He had a flea problem. I was concerned the first application would not take care of the problem and there were no promises it would, but we were very happy when one was all it took. The price was reasonable @ 250.00. Just to be done with it, since our tenant had bombed the small house 3 times prior. I do highly recommend our Escanaba orkin rep (Petie). Thank you, Irma and Pete

Sandra
November 15th, 2019 Dayton, NJ DETAILS

Orkin has always come through for me And my family when we came into some trouble with an ant infestation I can spread my entire house inside and out and the price was very Affordable the customer service was amazing and I was very satisfied with my service

L. Santos
October 15th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

Scammers. Be aware. At first I was positively impressed by Orkin’s fast response; I had an ant infestation and called them on a Thursday evening after 9pm, hoping to leave a voice message and schedule a visit for two days after the call, but a representative answered my call right away and scheduled a visit for the next day. The same person talked about the plans they offered and I choose the one time visit (that would give me 30 days to be sure the ants were gone) he insisted on putting me on the monthly plan, but I insisted on the one time visitation and hang the phone certain that he had honored my request. The representative who came to my house, Danny; told me that my order was designated as monthly and that I should wait to cancel it after few days but I insisted on changing the order to what I have requested and paying the price for it; Danny told me that he would change the order and keep the price and since they had made the mistake. I accepted his offer. Danny contacted me a week later to know if that were ants, and since there still were some inside the outside planters, he offered to send me his availabilities for the next week, but never did. The next Monday, since I didn’t hear from him, I called the company and requested the follow up visit, complained about his disappearance and they schedule my visit for the next Wednesday. The same person came to my house again to reapply the venom. A week later he sent me a text message, asking about the ants and I explained that there were still ants and asked if he could come the next day, he ignored my message for 24 hours, responding it Thursday evening that he could be at my house between 10 am and 12pm the next day, Friday. Since I was going to travel that day I declined his offer and called Orkin and talked to his supervisor about all the situation and how I would be out the 30 guaranteed days because his employee wasn’t a good planner; the guy assured me that they would send me a person as soon as I came back from my trip at no charge; we schedule date and time. Well, that day came and Danny reapplied the venom, but since it was only outside and I had a meeting around the time he was suppose to come, I sent him instructions of how to enter and leave the backyard without needing me to be around. I thought it was the end of it, until yesterday I found a (charged) invoice of $50 for the follow-up visit in my junk mail. I called the company and Debora, the person on the phone, promised to refund my card, but at the same time she started talking about how I changed my plan and kept giving excuses for her employees behavior...l lost my patience and told her that I was tired of dealing with them, and that I don’t need their apology, what I need I that they train their employees first to honor the clients’ requests then to plan their day better so they don’t let clients waiting.

Lesa Stewart
October 15th, 2019 Saint George, UT DETAILS

They have prompt service. I have found they really get ride of all bugs. We have really had a great experience with them.

M HateMice
October 11th, 2019 Wrightstown, WI DETAILS

Promised to find where mice were coming in. For 2 years, every other month, all they did was pick up traps, put down new ones. I had to point out and ask "Is this a nest?" I ended the relationship after the two years were up. Not worth it.

Bruce Anderson
October 7th, 2019 Kenilworth, IL DETAILS

Very expensive, found out in the Phoenix area, Orkin uses a sub contractor for any bird work our company needed done as well as seal up the building for rats. We would of paid twice what the subcontractor was charging Orkin if we had not found out from another company about this, and it was never told to us by Orkin which is deceitful. So why hire them when you can hire the sub contractor .

Amy Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

We were having a pest problem and paid a big chunck of money to have them eradicate it. Unfortunately that didn't happen and I was out the money but still had the pest!

Don Boren
October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

They guaranteed that they could get rid of our vole infestation and they didn't. We paid a flat $500 fee and we still had a huge Vole problem in the end.

kristin Gneiting
September 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have used Orkin in the past for my pest control. I highly recommend if you are thinking about a pest control company because they will give you a fast no obligation quote. A specialist will get hold of you and listen to your problem and quote you right away so there are no hidden fees an the company has over 100 years of pest control experience!

Donna Gregory
September 20th, 2019 DETAILS

I feel like I've been scammed. They charged me a fortune to get rid of the mice infestation in my home. To the tune of about $6000. This included replacing all the insulation in my attic, closing up all the entrances into the house and putting a god awful make shift screening over a small part of our gutters on the front of the house. This was a year ago. I call them up to close up another hole where the mice could enter and the person who sealed it up got crap all over the side of my house. That was several months ago, and after several phone calls to the company, no one has come out to my house to scrap this stuff off the side of my house. I also signed a contract for residential pest control which every other month cost $104. Another rip off. I have canceled the program and would never do business with this company again.

Rory Henrie
September 12th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

We have used Orkin for our home for several years. We have them come out several times/year and spray our perimeter. I really like what they do and how good it works. We will continue to use them.

tony
September 12th, 2019 DETAILS

1. They lie. Tell me that I can cancel at any time, but when I try to do, the fine print reveals i have to continue service for a year! 2. When I sold my house and canceled my service, they wouldn't stop billing my credit card! They are still charging me every month for a house I don't own (three payments now) and no one at Orkin can ever seem to fix the problem. 3. They cant get anything right. The sent my bills to the wrong address for *months* when I first set the account up. Now, the new owner has Orkin, and they send his bills yo my address. lol I would never recommend this awful, scam-ridden company.

Richard t kellar
August 30th, 2019 Wellsville, NY DETAILS

So paid orkin over 2 grand too get rid of bed bugs in our apartment building let me remind you that's 5 apartments they came once on the 23rd and yesterday on the 29th they were still present after the 23rd and i just woke up and killed 9 of them and took two of them as prisoners. There is a 30 day guarantee like it wasnt even one night and they come out having a pow wow completely dissatisfied and woukd not recommend these guys for bed bug extermination if there was a negative 5 stars thats what i would give them. All that money for what. Two thumbs down

Chery Steffey
August 26th, 2019 DETAILS

Specialist that came to the house was nice but product was poor

Shay
August 20th, 2019 Norfolk, VA

Orkin came out today to check our daughter's bed for bugs, none was found so he left. Well when it was time for bed I sent her to bed. I just went to check on her and the guy left my baby's bed a mess and I didn't even know it! The mattress wasn't even all the way on it was tilted!! And she was in there sleeping on the mattress with the sheet and the blanket hanging off and her teddy bears tossed everywhere! That really pissed me off to the max! Her bed wasn't like that when he entered because I personally made sure her room was straighted up right before he entered. This is very unacceptable!

Lynn
August 20th, 2019 Richmond, IN

Called Orkin as they advertise same day service if call before 2pm. Set up appointment. They called to cancel but moved it to later that afternoon. Never showed up or even called .

Barb Petroff
August 16th, 2019 Wauconda, IL DETAILS

Great service. Have several plans available to fit your budget.

Brenda Lawson
August 16th, 2019 Hobbs, NM DETAILS

I'm very disappointed with Orkin. I have always used them for pest control. They came out last year around March 2018 and serviced my house for termites. To this day they have not came back for follow up. I have call them 5 times sent two e-mails and even called their corporate office. They had no problem making us pay a huge down payment and we in turned paid the rest in full on receipt.

Iryna Suprun
July 30th, 2019 DETAILS

We signed up for Orkin to get rid of mice. Orkin is a scam. They are selling subscription and they do everything they can to keep mice coming and not catching them. Traps they use are useless things I have ever seen(and cheapest). They catch nothing. Mice just eat bate and leave. Sticky traps are not sticky enough to catch anything. I complained about it multiple times but nothing changed. Finally, my husband went to Home Depot and bought traps there - immediately we saw improvements and multiple mice were caught. Also, Orkin claims that they come every time there is a dead mouse in your house - I was not able to get anybody in my house for 2,5 weeks. I was told that our specialist has a medical emergency. I understand but there should be someone else. Hiring Orkin was waste of money and time

Rylie Crandall
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I have had a great experience with Orkin for pest control. They are quick and they answered all of my questions.

Jason
June 24th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

We liked this pest control company because they were very professional and fast with the pest removal in our home.

Tracy Hill
June 20th, 2019 Draper, UT DETAILS

I was helped immediately when I called this company for pest control. They were very helpful and answered all of my questions and did a great job! I would recommend them to my friends and family

Lilly
June 17th, 2019 Logan, UT

Some young man came to my door trying to sell me this pest control which is fine, but I told him I already had an account with another company we used and he bashed the other company and told me I was making a mistake. I get he’s trying to sell this stuff, but I don’t like that he felt the need he could tell me what I was getting was crap.

Nicole LeBaron
June 12th, 2019 Provo, UT DETAILS

I have had a great experience with Orkin pest control. When they care to my house they were very professional and took car of our house. Haven’t had problems since.

Trenton Prestwich
June 6th, 2019 Taylorsville, UT

I have made good friends with an Orkin guy who comes to my work. He gives me advice on my home pest problems and has been instrumental in me catching many gophers and spiders.

Dale L Farmer
June 6th, 2019 Littleton, CO DETAILS

They came and sprayed around the foundation and inside in places. They advised us on what we could do better to control pest.

Cathie Chavez
May 16th, 2019 Banning, CA DETAILS

When i lived in Chandler AZ i had a guy come once a month to spray for scorpions,good job he was very polite and they did not charge a lot i feel the price was very reasonable.

Scott
May 15th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I only had one treatment from Orkin but it was really good. The discount that they were offering at the time was perfect for what we needed. The guy who came to spray was very nice and respectful. I would use them again.

Reese
May 9th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I used Orkin when I lived in Las Vegas and they are very knowlegable on the subject . I tried to do it on my own and the problem always came back. There would still be bugs everywhere. I called Orkin and after they came never saw the bugs again. It was amazeing.

Ashley
May 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

My husband and I lived out in Kentucky for a summer and were faced with many pests like roaches that I had never seen while living out west. Orkin saved us! They came out and did a free pest control estimate and gave us a free quote. We were very happy with the service we received and the roaches were gone within the first treatment.

Colton
April 11th, 2019 Gonzales, TX DETAILS

Scheduled the rep they sent to be here on days I am home so they could spray inside and outside. Without a call or email he would just show up when he wanted and spray only outside ( if he even really sprayed) and then leave a bill on my door. This was not the agreement. The same guy also would try and sell me stuff (knifes, football tickets etc...) almost every time he came over when I was actually home. When I tried calling customer service to get this corrected they were not the least bit concerned about my issues or the fact they have someone trying to sell stuff to their customers. She was extremely rude about me paying my last bill... I told her I didn’t want to pay it until she assured the service would get better. I ended up paying it and ended my service with them. To summarize: don’t use Orkin, terrible customer service, terrible at actually doing the job and care more about making $90 over keeping a customer.

K. D. Cagle
April 2nd, 2019 Marietta, GA DETAILS

I called Orkin when we had rats in our home. A rep came and checked the house and sold me over $3,900 worth of work that didn't have anything to do with actually removing the rats, including sealing the foundation, blowing insulation into the attic, and replacing gutters. This failed the initial inspection and had to be corrected. Big rat traps were brought out and placed but with no bait. I called them out again and they brought some bait and suggested we use peanut butter in the traps. We had to bait the traps and remove the dead rats so Orkin actually did nothing to remove the pests. Now 3 years later, we have mice coming in so I'm not so sure the "sealing" worked. I didn't feel that Orkin did the pest control we needed. But even though they are supposed to be a pest control company, they did more to sell home repair than to get rid of the rats.

Noriko Johnson
February 7th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

Poor customer service poor products. They didn’t provide the service they charged us for and then would not return and do the service

Madison
February 6th, 2019 Orem, UT DETAILS

I called them for my companies warehouse being infested and they came and did their test, they explained treatment, Did the treatment plan and I never had to use them again because the problem was solved.

Ann Bailey
February 6th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

When I had Orkin, I was extremely impressed with their Service guy. He was the ONLY service guy I have had in my home that I felt completely comfortable with. He wasn't afraid to call Mark, his regional manager for a small fly problem that we couldn't find the source to. Fortunately, we found the source! Small bag of hidden rotten potatoes...

Kent
February 5th, 2019 Lehi, UT DETAILS

I had Orkin pest control for about 6 months. We had a fly problem that we couldn't figure out. They came in and found the problem. I was happy with the service but i couldn't afford to keep paying the price.

Shayla Hankins
January 16th, 2019 Lehi, UT

Orkin has the most memorable commercials and the best service. They got the job done in an hour of less and their employees are so friendly.

Maddy Bohn
November 15th, 2018 Gilbert, AZ

Had a great experience with it- no problems. Very reliable. Would recommend to my friends and family.

Nathan hanzel
November 6th, 2018 Saratoga Springs, UT

Orkin has a lot of friendly customer service representatives who are willing to help anyone with a problem that they might have!

Jason Pyrah
November 5th, 2018 Willard, MO

My experience with orkin was terrible. Customer service didn't give me a call back, I had to call three times, then their prices were ridiculous.

Kenz
November 5th, 2018 Buena Vista, VA DETAILS

Pricey but the product seemed to really manage the amount of bugs around our house. Worker was friendly when he came

Bob Hiatt
October 31st, 2018 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

They were very expensive to have our house treated for pests. Then we had to pay an annual fee of between $200 -$300 to keep the warranty going. Not great.

Deborah Hyde
October 29th, 2018 Springfield, MO DETAILS

Orkin provides a great service at a great price. I was really pleased with the results that they provided with getting rid of our pests.

Tasha cooper
October 19th, 2018 Chiefland, FL DETAILS

Hello my experience with orkin has been wonderful, Barrington is a outstanding tech he cares about your family protect against bugs and all the other techs that has serviced our home, I highly recommend orkin for your home, I am 1 happy customer.

unhappy customer
October 17th, 2018 Sayre, PA DETAILS

We had a rat in our business and called Orkin. We are completely dissatisfied with the outcome. We were charged over $300.00 and it was not caught. They set traps similar to what I purchased at our local store. They did nothing other than what I did. I called to get my money back and was told that there is no guarantee they will catch anything. Don't waste your money. Buy your own traps, stinky spray, and tape.

Judy
October 16th, 2018 Chesapeake, VA DETAILS

If I could I would rate this company a zero. The customer service was terrible, Had to reschedule three times in order to get someone to come out. When tech did finally arrive, said he had to call inspector to come out. After numerous phone calls and a whole day wasted waiting for them, inspector finally showed up at 6 pm only to quote an exorbitant price with only one solution. No offer of financing if it is available. Will NOT recommend this company to anyone as they are unreliable and unprofessional.

KATHY HOLMBERG
October 4th, 2018 Altoona, PA DETAILS

Very bad customer service on their part. I have spoke to 3 people and have been told 3 different things. Beware of the person coming to your house because they will lie through their teeth to get out of something that needs to be done. I would not recommend them to anyone ever!!!!

Georgianna Powers
October 1st, 2018 DETAILS

Their inspector was bright, observant, and extremely knowledgeable. The tech was so polite and efficient!

Dylan Findlay
August 29th, 2018 South Jordan, UT

Showed up when promised, did the job, got rid of the critters. Awesome company!

Leslie
August 29th, 2018 West Jordan, UT

Our technician showed up at the promised time. He did a thorough job and took care of all our bugs.