Best Company Guarantee Orkin Logo

Orkin

7.2

LAST UPDATED: January 31st, 2023

Orkin is an industry-leading pest control service, specializing in protection against common pests including termites, rodents, and insects. The company collaborates with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and major universities to help prevent and control pests, all while caring for the earth's environment. Orkin offers residential and commercial pest control services.

Orkin pest control reviews indicate that Orkin is a reliable pest control company, but a common complaint is that the Orkin service is pricier when compared to others in the industry. However, many customers were happy with the exterminator services the company provided and stated that the service technicians were helpful and professional. The overall consensus was that homeowners felt the price was well worth the end result.

Continue reading to learn more about this pest control company or jump down to read Orkin reviews from real customers.

The Good

• Orkin Pest Control
  • Orkin Termite Control
  • The A.I.M Approach
  • Free Re-Treatments
  • Money Back Guarantee
  • Technician Training and Certification
  • Home Services

Orkin Pest Control

Orkin works hard to ensure that pests are unable to take over your home or office. Each Orkin employee is trained to handle a number of different common pests and critters:

• Ants
  • Rodents
  • Silverfish
  • Mosquitos
  • Bed bugs*

*Bed bug control services are not available in all locations.

Orkin's Commercial Pest Control services help businesses with any pest problem. Orkin knows that even one pest can have a negative financial impact on a business and a larger pest infestation could be damaging to a companies reputation. An Orkin Commercial Pest Specialist will work with a business to target and eliminate pests and rodents to the customer's satisfaction.

During the winter months, Orkin focuses on indoor pest control with an emphasis on rodents, pantry pests, and other common household pests.
Though the services listed above are fairly extensive, Orkin also provides pest control services for a number of other less-known pests including the following unwanted pests:

Flies, stinging pests, amphipods, beetles, box elder bugs, caddisflies, centipedes, chich bugs, cicadas, crickets, dobson flies, dragonflies, firebrats, flea and tick control, horntails, Jerusalem crickets, kissing bugs, kudzu bugs, lace bugs, leaf footed bugs, leaf miners, lice, locusts, mayflies, mealworms, mealybugs, mites, moths, scorpion flies, snails and slugs, sowbugs, spiders, springtails, stink bugs, thrips, walking stick bugs, weevils, and whiteflies.

Orkin Termite Control

According to Orkin's website, homeowners spend an average of $3,000 when taking care of termite damage, and not all pest control companies offer termite services. To ensure that you receive quality services and excellent results, Orkin offers a number of termite control solutions to customers:

• Termidor liquid termite treatments — This liquid solution is safe to use both indoors and outdoors and is commonly used in building foundations to provide a protective barrier around your home. Not only does it provide immediate protection, but it helps avoid future infestations.
  • Dry foam and Orkinfoam — Foam solutions are used to treat voids in interior and exterior walls. These may include areas around heating ducts and water pipes as well as spaces under slabs of concrete. Foam solutions have a very low moisture content to help prevent it from soaking through drywall and causing further damage.
  • Sentricon bait and monitoring — A termite treatment like Sentricon includes termite baits that can be placed in areas where termites may congregate. These termite baits disrupt the termite molting process, therefore stunting their growth and avoiding an infestation.

If you are worried that you may have termites in or around your home, it is important that you have a professional conduct a termite inspection as quickly as possible to avoid further damage. Treatment for termites is usually in demand between March-May and August-September, but Orkin has teams equipped and ready to provide service on a year-round basis if needed.

The A.I.M Approach

The company's integrated A.I.M. (Assess, Implement, and Monitor) pest protection process works to assess, implement, and monitor a home or business' pest population.

In the Assess phase, a local Orkin pest professional conducts a comprehensive inspection of the property to identify what makes the property unique, what sanitation issues or structural conditions could attract pests, and how pests might get in or why they may want to. Building type, geography, climate, soil properties, and any conditions conducive to pest activity are considered.

In the Implement phase, Orkin works with the customer to develop a custom Precision Protection™ program that suits the customer's specific needs. If a product is needed, an Orkin specialist will select the most effective treatment with the least impact on the environment.

In the Monitor phase, an Orkin professional will monitor whether the treatments implemented were the best fit for the customer's situation through regular inspections and ongoing customer service. Orkin checks for signs of pest activity like eggs, structural damage, or any new conditions that may have surfaced since the last visit. All services performed, pest activity and other recommendations are documented.

Free Re-Treatments

Customer satisfaction is Orkin's goal. If a customer isn't completely satisfied, the company will aim to make it right. If pests return between treatments, an Orkin specialist will return for a re-treatment at no extra charge. If Orkin is unable to solve the customer's pest problems, it will refund the last service payment as long as they're a current customer.

Money Back Guarantee

If you aren't satisfied with Orkin's service or you see pests and critters return after treatment, Orkin provides a 30-day money back guarantee. Free re-treatments are provided, but the company will also provide a full refund of a service payment if your expectations aren't met.

Technician Training and Certification

Orkin's training facility is a state-of-the-art facility containing several stimulated customer environments. Each Orkin technician is trained using an award-winning certification program that includes class work from Purdue University, treatment techniques, and various specialty pest issues and industry-specific employee training. This ensures that technicians are not only certified, but are pest control experts.

Home Services

A number of companies in the pest control industry do not offer any kind of home services. Along with providing pest control, Orkin offers a few home solutions. With Orkin, the homeowner can help protect his or her home from heating and cooling losses with the company's OrkinTherm® or Orkin ComfortZone®. The OrkinTherm® is an environmentally friendly wall and attic insulation service and the Orkin ComfortZone® is an innovative and cost-efficient radiant heat barrier.

All home insulation services come with a free inspection of the home's existing insulation and pest control needs. If an updated is needed, an Orkin technician will create a custom plan and discuss which of the following options are best for you:

• Install OrkinTherm by blowing the product on top of the existing insulation in your attic or walls.
  • Roll formaldehyde-free batting insulation in your attic or crawl space.
  • Install Orkin ComfortZone in your attic space or garage.

Orkin's insulation products are made of 85 percent recycled materials and are the only pest management products to earn an Energy Star label from the Environment Protection Agency.

Additionally, homeowners can hire an Orkin Man to install a vapor barrier to treat for excess moisture in their home which if left untreated can lead to mold, structural damage, or pest control problems like bedbug or termite infestation.

Florida residents have the option to receive year-round lawn care. The company will take care of lawn pests, weeds, and any diseases that will hurt the yard.

The Bad

Not Available in All States

Orkin has an impressive service area that includes 83 countries and 5 of the 7 continents. However, the company currently does not operate in Alaska, North Dakota, South Dakota and Wyoming.

The Bottom Line

With over 100 years of experience in the pest control business, professional pest technicians, a variety of services, and continuing research and development, Orkin is a sound choice for an exterminating company.

In addition to an exhaustive inspection process, the company offers treatments for a variety of insects and rodent trap devices, utilizes the A.I.M. process to assess, implement, and monitor unique pest control services, has additional home solutions, and offers a money back guarantee with free re-treatments. Orkin's service technicians are pest and termite experts and strive to offer the best pest solutions - whether they're spraying for mosquitoes, getting rid of ants, or treating a termite problem.

We recommend reading Orkin reviews before making a final pest control decision.

Call our recommended rep over at Orkin below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

3.6

Colleen Otto Wesley Chapel, FL

Brandon from Palm River is always friendly, prompt, thorough and addresses any issues we are having! I would give him 10 stars if I could! Thanks Brandon!

Desiree Palmer Titusville, FL

I am very pleased with Orkin. Our Pest Inspector is Chris T. He is a wonderful, knowledgeable professional. We have zero bugs in the house,zero. Even around the outside no bugs exist. The chameleons left the screened in sunrooms because there is no food supply. Yet, none of our dogs,cats,fish,frog,or us have had any reactions to treatments. So, safe effective and professional..

Jesse and MaryAnn Hewett FL

I really appreciate it when businesses get back to you and get your appointment scheduled and when you are ready to get your home bug free they don't mess around with being late or not being punctual and there employees are great for helping you to understand what they are doing and why they are doing it. I would strongly recommend them to anyone who wants to get the job done and quickly get it done.

Linda Fortin Denver, CO

I really do love this company as far as the friendly service people! I have gotten the same pest service man for the past 2 years and he always does such a great job of checking everywhere the baits are put and putting new ones down! I always tell him I haven't seen no cockroaches and I haven't! This guy does a fantastic job and that's why I don't see none of those little pests! Thanks Orkin for a job well done indeed!!

David G Boyle Columbia, MO

Having just recently moved from my old apartment to this one, I realized one thing I DID miss apout my old place was the monthly visits from Orkin Pest Control. The different people who came and sprayed were, with NO exception thorough, courtious, and professional. If they ever came by at a time inconvenient, they always came back later. If this bothered them, they certainly didn't show it. They almost were like friends who came by just to check on me once a month. But, most important, in four years, I never saw a roach (or any other bug) once.

Tara Bennett

No Stars Hello, I am filing a complaint and want the charge for service refunded for date: 12/17/2022. My appointment slot was scheduled for 8am to 10am. Technician did not show up to property until 12:15pm. There was no notification of lateness. This is the 2nd time the tech has showed up 2hrs outside of scheduled appointment? The 1st incident was September - Tech Tavon stated we should’ve gotten an email/call making us aware that the service appointment would start late - We did not receive anything?! The only reason the September appointment was done was because I was walking out of my home at 12:30pm and he had arrived at the door? This is unacceptable and now has happened twice. How do you have a 1st slot 2-hour set time for the appointment and the tech arrives 2 hours later than the scheduled slot ends? We need the inside of the home serviced? When he arrived on 12/17 after 12pm he was captured by the Ring Camera walking around the property on his phone and spraying 1 side of the home on an outside wall? But, nothing more - And no phone-call to say he had arrived 2hrs late!! I’ll be reporting the horrible service to BBB as well as a review on Google. Tara Sent from my iPhone

Ed Clark Wellington, FL

I have three seperate contracts with Orkin. Of the three only one of them mandates that scheduling a treatment/inspection be preform via text and or email. Since I onloy have a leaseline they use email notifications while the other two contracts defer to the technicians to call and schedule their appointments. From the getgo I have been disatified with the email notification. The first email advises you of the day and then a second one provides the two hour window that the technician will visit. For some reason they cannot provide one email that provides both and I do not considered an email as the proper way to communicate to schedule a visit as it does not take into account the customer's schedule. The email is also suppose to provide you with a live feed of when the technician will arrive. However it is inaccurate as I have gone online while the technician is here and there is no notification that he/she is on the way, how far away they are, much less that they have actually arrived. Today for example one and one half hours into the two hour window that was provided I had to take care of some business so logged into my email and saw that a rescheduled notice had been sent one hour into the timeframe that the technician was scheduled to arrive. The notification advised that the technician would not be arriving today and rescheduled the appointment for next week. Had I not logged on I would not have seen the notification. As my other tow contract do not mandate the use text/email to schedule appoints then I must assume that this is a local policy vice a corporate policy and that some manager feels the need to micromanage their staff as before this policy was implemented the technican would call and schedule a timeframe that was convenient to the customer and their scheduled. If this keeps up then it will be time to look for another provider who is more customer oriented than Okin has demonstrated on this one contract. The only reason that I gave a star rating of two vice one is that I'm satisfied with the service provided on my other two contractrs!

Kimberly Smith Chicago, IL

The technician arrived later than the expected, scheduled time but got right to work, he was polite and professional. I used the service approximately three times Each time the Tech was professional and worked efficiently. After the first spray I did feel like it was helping the insect problem and performing the task I paid for. When comparing them to other Exterminator Services I found them to be a bit more Expensive, But I will pay more for Quality (as would anyone) I was Overall Happy With The Service and Would Probably Recommend Them As Well

Sean DiMaria

Orkin has provided a reasonably priced termite bond for my home for over 10 years. Each year, they come out and inspect for termite and bug infestation. I highly recommend them in this regard, and I have been extremely satisfied overall.

Coffee 1234 Meridian, ID

Great value for my money service technician was very professional on time completed the silent and took care of my pre-existing problem it's highly recommended it for all day about reasons I trust the service or Kenny is a great company

Pam Barnett Brunswick, GA

I had a precious post from my initial service where I was totally disappointed over a week ago. My local Orkin from Brunswick Ga contacted me immediately and started the process to take care of my issues which they have at 100%. Visits were coordinated for my convenience and everything has been taken care of, each employee that I have had contact with has worked with me with total professionalism & concern that I was comfortable & pleased with the outcome. Thank you again for taking care of my problems.

Diana Lynn Lafayette, CA

My Uncle was a property manager (not a landlord) he didn’t own the units but he had a lot of autonomy with the job. I did a lot of work for him and one of which handling pest control which if you know anything about ethical property management is a HUGE priority. It needs to be addressed immediately especially in Apts it will quickly get out of hand and my Uncle cared about his Tenants but also he lived on-site which I do feel is a huge benefit for accountability. Anyway, I was hired to work from home P/T to help him with office tasks and one of which was handle pest control. I knew absolutely nothing about it and this was a bed bug infestation of which I didn’t have time to research, time is of the essence so you need trusted professionals so I called Orkin and they were that. This company was amazing, they educated me, were extremely respectful to the Tenants which were low-income Tenants so THAT was VERY important to my Uncle and I was very young at the time so didn’t fully grasp why but now I get it. He was a good man, he is deceased now but I’m proud of that little job and proud of how he served the underserved, and I didn’t deal directly with the Tenants as I was my Uncle’s unofficial assistant so I wasn’t very educated or privy to what all the job entailed. But I do know the Tenants liked Orkin I was on-site a few times and they would sing their jingle when the techs were there 🎶Orkin-man🎶 and the techs never made the Tenants were very friendly and didn’t make the Tenants feel embarrassed. They educated them fully educated them to help prevent issues in the future. I really liked this company a lot and definitely became my go-to call.

Bambi Miller Aberdeen, MD

I have had an overall good experience with Orkin. I rent an older home that has a lot of bugs including roaches. My landlord did a service contract with orkin for them to come out every so often and treat my home. My last experience with them was great! Excellent customer service! The technician was very thorough. He took the time to talk to me and to figure out what the issues were and try to solve them. I still have the bug problem but it has gotten so much better since treatment started. Roaches are very nasty and very hard to get rid of. He gave me tips of what I can do and in combination with their spray and bait and traps it is slowly working. So I would definitely recommend Orkin to family and friends. They surpassed my expectations! Customer service is great and scheduling/rescheduling is very easy and convenient.

Arif Hussain Chandler, AZ

Orkin is a great pest control and termite control company. I have researched many companies and finally selected Orkin. My selection was based on affordability, great service and warranty. I’m a loyal customer for Orkin and they service multiple properties including our rental. 7 yrs ago my primary residence had termite activity and there pitch was great. Very simple and easy to understand with pictures and video’s. This convinced me that this is a great company and they provide professional and friendly service. If you see any issues they come out and service multiple times to address the issues.

Donna Innis East Point, KY

Only reason for a three is the lady whom came out to my home an inspected didn’t see not even one bed bug but yet she tells me I have to take alllllllll my pictures off the walls an bag up all my clothing even things from in the closest now that really got me pissed off here the guy comes out to spray an not no liquid ran down my walls an he didn’t even spray the clothing that was in the bags some of my outlets he didn’t spray with the powder substance. You know I paid a hell of a lot money that I didn’t have but I wanted to make sure that I didn’t have anymore so what I’m thinking dyed to me having 6 jugs of the bedbug spray layin around where they saw them plus I had the powder substance an I had several cans of spray

Marisa K Miami, FL

They arrived much earlier than expected and Oscar spent the time to get nest out of a hard reach place he was very courteous, polite, friendly and I had no issues at all Orkin sends confirmation of appt via text they also text you when they are on way and have arrived and they also call to let you know!

Joseph Germello Philadelphia, PA

So I live in a 40 unit apartment building. Unfortunately I can't control their pests. Just imagine what I have had to deal with. Roaches and threats of beds bugs. Orkin is an outstanding service that you'll be grateful for and appreciate if and when the time comes you need them. Always on time and quick. Just prepare yourself and your living spaces a head of time for success. Orkin will treat and maintain your spaces and furniture. Highly recommended with outstanding services and innovative solutions.

Mary Tygart Kokomo, IN

ORKIN Professionals are always timely and courteous. They always respond to questions appropriately and are always helpful. The young lady that comes to my home is so friendly with my dog- I love it! I have a 170pound Mastiff “pup” & not everyone would feel comfortable with him, but she is wonderful! My representative is Natasha R and I can’t recommend her any more highly. She is like having a friend come to visit who protects my home 5⭐️ They got rid of mice, ants & spiders for me. I’m on a plan and I don’t have anything to worry about. They send me emails about upcoming appointments and texts when they are on the way- super responsive and I couldn’t ask for anything more.

Sandra Secka Orangeburg, SC

I originally had had an Orkin's tech out in May for a bedbugs problem which I still have so I've been calling and calling trying to get a solution. The technician used thermal heating which I paid 1650 for. I am sooooooo very disappointed in them and I am a very, very, very unsatisfactory customer because we were out of the house for almost 5 hours and after he finished we had to wait another half hour before entering. So look like the problem should have been taken care of but Lord Have Mercy 🙏 it's not and I am sooooooo very unhappy about it.

Nathaniel Lay Kingsport, TN

Rude to us, kept cancelling after we spent hours waiting with autistic child confined away from her toys so she wouldn't make a mess for orkin guy who never came, they schedule us with a worker who has a reputation for not doing their job, sick of this place they are horrible and have caused us problems the entire season...this is for whichever office works Kingsport, Tennessee area

D West Chester, PA

Mosquito service was awful. It didn’t work AT All. The guy who came the first day when I was signing the paperwork assured me that the ENTIRE yard would be sprayed (as in area Vs perimeter) he was incorrect. Only the perimeter was sprayed. My company I used last year had the same price per service and sprayed the entire area. Even under my deck because I had an easy access point. I have called you guys repeatedly asking to stop service and get a refund and all I get are snotty responses and that is if anyone picks up the phone to begin with. If I leave a voice mail it takes pulling teeth to get a call back. I have to leave several over a week span and if I am lucky I might get a call back. I don’t know why no one ever picks up the phone during their normal business hours. I paid In full with your company, HUGE mistake. I will NOT be coming back and I will be doing my absolute best to make sure no one wastes their money on your services again. Your people don’t even show up when scheduled. No one even came last month let alone for my reservices I requested.

Acrofab Office1 Holland, MI

Easy to work with; come regularly as scheduled; will revisit without charge if pests reappear; keeps office staff informed of what they are covering, what they see, etc.; provide emailed detail of service visit on invoice.

Tomas Tovias El Paso, TX

I like this company because they quick and efficient the tech was so nice and explained every step of the process. No pest with in a week. I didn't have a bad experience with Orkin

Missy B. Mayflower, AR

They constantly want me to work around their schedule and are changing my appointment dates without telling me. Whenever I try to schedule an appointment they change it every single time. I just checked my account because I scheduled an appointment for August 5 and it’s been changed to 8/16 without even telling me. They also say that they will come back and spray for free in between appointments if you’d we a bug but they’ll end up charging you for it anyways. They did kill the bugs so I gave 3 stars but it should be more like 2.5 because they have no regard for my schedule and don’t follow through on promises.

Lisa Anne Littleton, CO

Very professional and extremely helpful with our issue at our home. We live near a field and mice can be a problem. They helped with our issue and we haven’t had a problem since. They also use safe products for humans and pets so we felt very comfortable using this company.

Martha jane Quarles

Orkin is a great company to do business with Allen came to our house and went above and beyond his job to help us. He checked corners inside and under the sink and floors as well as outside the house to get rid of bugs and wasps. Allen is friendly and professional and does an excellent job because he cares about his Customers and enjoys taking care of people. Thanks Allen and Orkin for a job well done.

Danielle Rickle Saint Clair Shores, MI

I was beside myself to find out mice had been on my counter , mike s came out and found the entire issue in literally a few mins. He ended up finding a nightmare in my attic but went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable enough to finally get a nights rest in my home. He also spent time educating me on rodent behavior patterns . I learned a lot and I’m thankful we have a plan to evict these guys

Lisa Riley Pinard

I absolutely love my technician Smit. Great personality and work ethic. Orkin he’s a keeper!

MM Clearwater, FL

When I lived with my in-laws we had a problem with rats. They were all over the backyard at night, eating the bird seed, getting in the garbage, and chewing the wires on our boat. We tried using the do-it-yourself products, but nothing worked because the neighborhood itself was infested. We called Orkin and they promptly came out and treated the front and back yards using a product that was pet safe which was a major concern for us. because they offer a guarantee, we called them back a couple weeks later because we still had rates in our shed. Their service was effective in reducing the rat population, but after a while it was as bad as ever, but we would have to treat the entire neighborhood to eliminate them altogether. The service tech arrived on time and the prices were reasonable. I like that they guarantee their services and are eco friendly.

Bridget Walker Birmingham, AL

Orkin is one of the best pest control companies in the world. There is no bug in the world that can withstand the Orkin Man. They are top of the line when it comes to pest control. Any time I have ever used Orkin, they came out to my house once and that was all it took. They are very affordable and they definitely get rid of any little bug or critter you might have. Orkin will always be my number one pick when it comes to pest control. No ifs, ants, or bugs about it!!!

Gloria Dunford Hoffman, NJ

The first time I saw s mouse about one month ago Kevin from orkin came to my home and placed several mouse traps in my home. He was on call at the time ...very professional and knowledgeable...In less than a day I heard them go off and called orkin to come and get the mice...this time Matt the regular technician came...also very professional and knowledgeable! Matt removed the mice but recommended leaving the traps to be sure. Now, a few weeks later and having no recent action I called to have Matt come and remove them. I would totally recommend orkin and Matt. He came each time with s mask and booties to respect my home and protect both of us from the virus at hand. Someone wrote that they are expensive compared to other services...personally I think they are worth every penny and give excellent service! I guess it is all relative....for me, I now have peace of mind and you can’t put a price on that!

Bob Nakon South Lyon, MI

When we moved to the country we couldn't wait to begin nature watching. We didn't have to wait long. Mice, ants, and just about any pest you could name was sharing our space! I have tried every pest control company out there, small local and big national companies. Both work hard, but the difference? Training and methods. I called Orkin when we simply couldn't keep up with the mice and ants. Orkin sent a professional to my home and it was amazing. The people know just what to do to keep the pests out and we are finally able to stop worrying about it. Don't waste time with any company that won't take on the tough jobs. Call Orkin, you won't be sorry.

DESHUNDA SANDERS MS

I like how friendly and professional they are. All you have to do is tell them your problem and they will have the solution. Orkin is the best.

Brian Meekhof Seattle, WA

I called on a Monday and they were at my house on Wednesday. Very polite and courteous. When the "Orkin Man" showed up he was extremely professional.

Eileen Ognibene Attica, NY

Last summer I paid $3K for Orkin to eradicate bats from my home; the company came out 3 times because after the initial service, I still had bats in July and August. I had a bat this year in May, a time of year that I'd never before had a bat. I called Orkin and they came out and checked some more areas. My service is through the Amherst NY office. On 7/4, I caught a bat in my basement in a mouse trap; shortly thereafter I found one outside near the chimney on the cinder block portion of the foundation. There was also a dead bat in the basement. I called the office MANY times (the secretary has been WONDERFUL) but it wasn't until I called the Atlanta headquarters that I finally got a return call and someone came out. A bat cone was placed on an area of my chimney. This was about a month ago. I called on 8//8 to say I'd be going on vaction on 8/18; they were supposed to come back out, remove the cone and seal the chimney top to bottom. The secretary copied the regional manager, the office manager and the tech and said I'd hear from someone. I HAVE STILL NOT BEEN CONTACTED!! It's not my problem if the office is short staffed--I paid for a service a year ago that did not solve my bat issue. For me, $3K isn't an easy amount to just throw away but that's what I feel I did. There is a somewhat local pest control service; I went with Orkin assuming a national company was likely reputable and reliable. I couldn't have been more wrong. I will not ever recommend Orkin to anyone, nor will I contract with them again. I know enough about bats to know eradication isn't an easy task. But you are the professionals; don't tell me you can do something that you clearly cannot.

Freak Tacoma, WA

I have changed my 5 star to a 1 star after 3 months of service. Four reasons: 1- Expensive 2- No follow-up to my 2 email service requests 3- My ant problem never went away 4- When I did call to speak to customer service, it was a 20-minute wait. For those requiring ‘more kissing’ lemme break it down to be fair to both sides. Our old landlord said buy this house or be out by the end of April. So running out of time we landed this home. THINGS needed to be done and there were sugar ants in the bottom level. First to come to mind, Orkin. They can take care of the pests so I can focus on ALL the other stuff that has to be done with this house. Up here, it’s a seller’s market and no inspections. Plus, everyday ops don’t stop just cause you move. For the initial appointment, they came right out and the rep was on time and professional, the ants would go away…for a bit. Second visit, on time, nice guy, same guy, told him about the ants, he tried a different tactic. Again, ants went away but would eventually come back. He told me before he left that if this method didn’t work, we’d need to drill holes in my walls to place the poison…. I’ve since had time to settle in and have 1) discovered a colony of field ants in my backyard and 2) I wanted to review my contract so I used Orkins website and submitted two separate requests for service. They were sent a week apart and both were not responded to. I started researching local contractors. I picked up the phone, called, talked to a person. They are going treat my entire house, in and out / top to bottom, garage, storage shed, and both front and entire back yard for half the price AND it includes not only mosquitoes and ants, but ticks, spiders, field ants and slugs as well. Something Orkin would charge me extra for. They also said if Orkin charged me a cancellation fee, they would pick it up and apply it as a credit to my 2 year account with them…and there are no plans to put holes in my walls. So I call Orkin to Cancel…and am on hold for 20 minutes. Miss Elaine helped me and she was VERY nice. When she asked why I was canceling, I listed out the four reasons as I did up top. She was very apologetic and explained Mondays are always tough to try to get through on the phone. I said no problem (thinking to myself doesn’t account for the emails) and that I was not upset…and I’m not. For this household, paying $XX a month for products that aren’t working for us, non-responsive service requests and long wait times on the phone…the new rating seems very appropriate. Orkin’s just gotten too big their britches. I just reviewed this and gave them 2 stars…the interaction with two Orkin reps I had come into contact with were pleasant and professional experiences. ms

Michael Ard Albany, KY

Orkin was the company that treated my home for termites. They treated the foundation all around the house and placed inspection tubes in the ground to check for termites returning. The treatment was successful and no termites have returned. The only negative was the high price. But the treatment was successful and I recommend them.

Shelton Germaine Rogers, AR

I contacted this company a few years back to have some pest cleaned up. They were quick to respond, maybe like 48 hours. They went into detail describing what needed to be done and gave me a general price, but they couldn’t provide a complete price quote without seeing the infestation. I did not select them to proceed, as I found another company, I choose to do business with.

JR Parrish Lexington, NC

Had to call n a pest control for the termites that was eating away at porches foundation. We tried everything spray chemicals,tried to smoke them out,nothing worked so we called Orkin they came did something and we haven't had a termite problem on the porch or our property ever since and that was 3 years ago. Highly recommend Orkin iv they are in your area.

Cynthia Jess WA

What I liked the most about Orkin was that they were able to make an appointment right away and the second thing was they were on time and courteous and third thing which should be number one but third thing was that it did get rid of the ants I had ants really bad and I haven't seen one ant in 2 months

Judy Fred Wakefield, RI

Mice! Cute, yet discusting. Tried to eliminate them ourselves, but it was always a temporary fix. They kept coming back. When they got in the pantry, it was the last straw! The Orkin Man came on time, took into consideration we have a dog and a (slow) cat. They safely got rid of the vermin. Thank you Orkin Man!

Pete and Irma Boudreau Escanaba, MI

I called orkin and their local rep showed up the following day. She was very professional and explained the procedure to us and our tenant. He had a flea problem. I was concerned the first application would not take care of the problem and there were no promises it would, but we were very happy when one was all it took. The price was reasonable @ 250.00. Just to be done with it, since our tenant had bombed the small house 3 times prior. I do highly recommend our Escanaba orkin rep (Petie). Thank you, Irma and Pete

Kirk Cockrell Saranac Lake, NY

Orkin has been my pest control service for eight years now. Living in a building that is 100 years old, things could get interesting with critters. Orkin has regularly serviced my flat and I haven't had one problem. They have also been very careful about spraying because of my little dog, again no problems. Professional, efficient and dependable, my experience with Orkin could not be better. Very happy.

David Bornancin Westlake, OH

Hello and hope all are doing well. In the past I have had several times when I had Ant's, Bees and other bugs found at places within my Homes and called on Orkin to review, assess and provide their service to address the problem. I hate any kind of bugs or infested areas in my homes. Orkin has always found solid solutions and at a reasonable price to remove such items from my properties! Highly Recommend.

Mario Martin Montgomery, TX

Several years ago my family had moved into our new home on an acre of beautiful lawn, trees are greenery. During that first summer my kids and I were constantly being severely bitten by insects. We weren't sure what the insect source were, so I assumed that we had an ant infestation. We called Orkin and the service representative was absolutely fantastic. She surveyed our property and found the source...We we're infested with "fleas"! The Orkin service representative exterminated our "flea" infestation, but returned a week later to follow up, add more treatment and as an extra bonus treated the lawn for "fire ants". My family and I had dealt with this flea infestation for several weeks of "bites" and inconvenience before I finally called Orkin. I've lived in my home now for several years after, and hasn't experienced any insect bites while enjoying our beautiful outdoors.

J. Garrett Lansing, MI

My family and I were living near a small factory and we started having pretty cold weather. With that weather came rats! Not mice but rats! I had small children and it scared me to death! Orkin came in and really did their job! I'm not sure what all they did but, within 3-4 days there was no sign that anything had been there but my family! I am eternally grateful!

Kim Cook Nashville, MI

The Orkin technician was very friendly and gave good information. He listened to my needs and concerns, as I have dogs who can go inside and out at will. I also had a mouse problem and he gave me ways of dealing with that too. In the end, I was not able to go through fully with Orkin because of costs and being on a fixed income at the time. However, the information received was excellent and helped my solve most of my problems. He did not have to share anything with, especially knowing I may not have been able to pay for the services.

Steven Shimmin

I used Orkin, when we purchased a repo house and had some bug issues... They are one of the leaders in the industry so that is why I chose them after having several quotes from different companies. We went through a long process with them, but they kept coming back to spray and attack the bugs until they were all gone and we were able to move into home. They still call and check in with follow ups and really cared about our situation. It has been six months now, and we have not seen any bugs. Good riddance, thank you Orkin

Cynthia Landing Forest City, IL

Very thorough with the inspections, informative on insects of any kind and the harm they cause either by health or damages to your home so safety is a priority with this company, they leave no details out knowing the importance of the roles different insects play. You will be highly knowledgeable and your appreciation of hiring this company will bring wonderful, quality, satisfaction guarantee service.

Sharon Wood Kingsport, TN

My dad, in his 90s, has used and paid as agreed this company since 1995. He’s selling the house so he wanted to prorate this years advance payment. They said no. No letter to potential owner(s) either unless he pays for the full year. It could transfer to new owners but only to retreat, no damage replacement as in our contract. To me this is horrible business practice and taking advantage of an older vet. Shame on you!