Rocket Lawyer Logo

Rocket Lawyer

7.1

Rocket Lawyer offers affordable online legal assistance. It has created more than three million legal documents, answered more than 30,000 legal questions, and incorporated more than 900,000 businesses. Rocket Lawyer provides both personal and business legal aid and offers a broad range of resources for each client.

The Good

• Premium Membership and Pricing
  • Free Trial
  • Personal and Business Options
  • Online User Experience
  • Customer Service
  • Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer has several great features to its online legal services. Not only does it provide options for personal and business needs but it offers a free trial so that customers can try Rocket Lawyer's services before making a final decision. Rocket Lawyer also has several educational and informative resources. These features are broken down as follows:

Premium Membership and Pricing

The Rocket Lawyer cost for a Premium Membership is $39.99 a month. This membership gives clients access to legal documents, customer service, and general counsel to legal questions for free. Rocket Lawyer does not require a contract so that clients may cancel their service anytime.

This membership also gives customers huge discounts on Rocket Lawyer's On Call Attorneys and Registered Agent services.

People can purchase its services or documents a la carte. But most of these products cost more than the monthly subscription. When compared to the cost of legal representation and other legal fees, Rocket Lawyer saves business owners thousands of dollars.

Free Trial Offer

If you want to try Rocket Lawyer before committing to a membership, you can create your first legal forms for free or sign up for a free one-week trial. This trial gives anyone access to Rocket Lawyer's legal documents, lawyers, and resources.

Personal and Business Options

Rocket Lawyer provides online legal services for personal and business needs. Small business owners have used Rocket Lawyer to navigate the difficulties of starting a business without having to spend tons of extra money on legal advice. Others may use it for personal needs, such as legal aid with divorce or support with a workers' compensation settlement without paying thousands to hire an attorney.

These online service features can often be minimal, but Rocket Lawyer gives customers legal advice on a plethora of options.

Types of Business Law Help and Documents

• Start an LLC, Non-Profit, C-Corp, or S-Corp with statewide legal services.
  • Make A Business Contract- Make Non-Disclosure Agreements, A Release of Liability, or Independent Contractor Agreements.
  • Rent a Property- Create Lease Agreements, Eviction Notices, or Rental Applications.
  • Protect Your Ideas- Create Trademarks and Patents.

Types of Personal Law Help and Documents

• Plan your estate- Create Last Wills and Testaments, establish power of attorney, and create a living will for old age.
  • Get a divorce- Get assistance with Child Custody, Divorce Papers, or ask personal legal questions to an attorney.
  • Lending someone money- Make a Promissory Note, Demand for Money Owed, or create a Debt Settlement Agreement.
  • Buy or Sell a Home- Get the documents and forms for Intent to Purchase Real Estate, Real Estate Purchasing Agreements, and Quitclaim Deeds.

Online User Experience

Not only is Rocket Lawyer's website very easy to navigate, but clients also have access to an online portal from any device at any time. The online portal also offers secure cloud storage for legal documents. Its online legal forms and reports have been clear to read and sign for Rocket Lawyer's clients.

Clients receive free registered agent service for 12 months. These agents provide excellent customer support by answering questions and sharing legal insights. Agents also file incorporation papers on your behalf, as well as, help its clients receive the paperwork needed for their legal matters. Rocket Lawyer reviews have been positive because of these features. Rocket Lawyers' customer service is incredibly useful for understanding contracts, the law, and complex legal forms.

Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer's website has a very informative blog, attorney directory, legal articles, and a legal dictionary for anyone to access and reference.

The Bad

• File Your Own Documents
  • Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of valuable services to its customer base. However, there are a few drawbacks to its services.

File Your Own Documents

Clients have to file legal documents on their own. Rocket Lawyer does not submit the reports to an appropriate government agency, this will need to be done by the client. Although this company makes you file these forms yourself, it does give step-by-step instructions to help its clients fill out these forms.

Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer does not give any information about how the attorneys and other legal staff in its network are screened. There is also no written standard on the website on how thorough the Rocket Lawyer team will review your documents for accuracy.

The Bottom Line

Rocket Lawyer can offer general counsel, help with contracts, starting a business, as well as offers many other features, all without going to a law firm and paying the law firm steep pricing.

Of course, if your legal needs are a bit complicated, meaning you have a tricky legal issue, or you want to be able to gauge the quality of legal counsel, you may want to upgrade your Rocket Lawyer plan. We recommend looking into its service of On Call Attorneys or contacting a local law firm.

Rocket Lawyers premium membership makes all of its features and pricing cheap and will help individuals with almost all of their legal problems. This membership gives customers access to legal forms, and general legal advice at any time, which can help small business owners get started.

If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy service, Rocket Lawyer has shown that it is one of the best online legal services.

4.8

adrienne jackson Florissant, MO

I love that fact that there's help when needed also the forms are available to be printed out

daniels freeman Los Angeles, CA

Got paired with an amazing lawyer custumed for my specific case. Received such good advice on my whole situation and this consultation really gave me a solid ground on how to act next. Very useful service!

MAGIC MIKE TERRORENCE Cleveland, OH

Your website was easy to navigate and I was able to edit and print my paperwork out 3 different times with no confusion.Got my work done fast as a rocket.Thanks guys.

Gerald A Baldonado San Pedro, CA

It was quick but a very friendly contact. Yes, I am differently going to do business with your firm and will suggest to all who need your services.

Gary Weiner Long Branch, NJ

The software was easy to use and exactly what I needed.

Steve White Oklahoma City, OK

I like it. I only needed a simple form, and it worked out good.

Alfred Valentino Flores ,

Easy to follow step by step instructions. Will be on-board once my company is up and running.

Loretta Washington Dallas, TX

It was easy to get the correct document I needed. I will most definitely be using rocket lawyer in the future.

Chris Benton ,

Had exactly what I wanted. Easy to do and pretty painless!

DJM Anchorage, AK

Was easy to use,very helpful! Would recommend to friends.

Mike Curtis Guyton, GA

Rocket Lawyer was recommended by an attorney brother-in-law. Reasonable price, lots of features, and easy to use. We used it for wills, trusts, living wills, powers of attorney, and others. Very happy with the results. We got everything we needed so our membership lapsed. I won’t hesitate to use them again.

James H Kunkel Manassas, VA

Very easy to use, allows you to walk through everything, go back and check before you finally come up with your final version.

Orlando Soto Odessa, MO

There are many web base pages that claimed to help the customer 100%, I found out that is not the case. However when I came across Rocket Lawyer I felt really good plus I was able to ask questions and and get the proper answer and get my documents in the right way. Thank you for the job well done.

Nemesis Moon Winston-Salem, NC

It was pretty easy but it's quite expensive to use.

Robin Jansen ,

I needed a promisary note and a loan agreement drawn up. I was elated to find out that I could print them out from your web site. Thank you.

Randy Dallas, TX

The customer service rep ( Randy ), was attentive and friendly. Thanks Randy from Utah!

Sean Claesgens Port Saint Lucie, FL

Very efficient and effective. Would recommend this program to those in need of legal assistance

Thomas Moyer Las Vegas, NV

This is a great website. Very easy to use. I love how you walk me through each thing I needed to do. I would recommend your site to anyone that could use your service. Actually already recommended it to a couple people.

me you Anniston, AL

It was great. I enjoyed it. It was so fast.

Cdavid , MO

I used rocket lawyer for some simple legal forms that I did not know how to write. It was extremely helpful for me.

Tiffany Vollmer Midvale, UT

I used Rocket Lawyer for a rental contract. The site is very user friendly and makes the whole process a ton easier. They are also very easy to work with if you need to cancel your subscription.

Ronald Marini Miami, FL

I drafted my will and healthcare power of attorney using rocket lawyer and as a lawyer I found the documents to be complete, well thought out and comprehensive; not to mention the program was very very easy to use.

TBeadles ,

I love Rocket Lawyer. It’s very user friendly and efficient. The representatives I have worked with are very courteous, kind and professional. Thank you for all of your help.

Cecilia Leyva Phoenix, AZ

Thank You this was fast and easy. Now I have my RIP done.

Kenny Dresner Tempe, AZ

RL made it simple for me to draft, edit and print my will. Couldn’t ask for more. Thank you.

Naomi Dennison Wurtsboro, NY

I needed to write out a notice of no lease, I served papers in March to default a rental agreement the people are still there so I thought I would try another way and no rent will be collected

Patrick Patterson Denver, CO

Forms are well laid out and easy to navigate.

Bob K Vancouver, WA

I just needed the one document. Printed & filled it out. On presentation to the proper institution it effected the desired result immediately! My "live", local lawyer still has not responded to the very same issue. You saved the day for me!

Joe OBrien Southport, NC

Simple and easy to use. Easy communications when I needed to talk with someone in lay man's language.

Joe Milton, MA

I was selling a motorcycle and needed a bill of sale so i found rocket lawyer and found a bill of sale pdf I signed up for the free trial period and the sale was completed and everything worked out well. I called back and downgraded and canceled my free subscription which was done effortlessly thank you again Rocket Lawyer

Johnny Tremendous The Bronx, NY

Very easy to create a document without paying anything. Absolutely free! And the whole process was very clear and easy.

Cassandra Young Rocky Face, GA

I love it! I have had all my questions answered and they saved me a huge argument with me ex roommate

Sharon Holmes Gilbert, AZ

Got exactly what I needed very quickly and accurately.

Jody Cox Norfolk, VA

It was very easy to create the corporate by laws for my company. I needed them for the PPP loan I got from the government. I had never had any nor the need for any. I canceled my account because I don't really need any of your services any more. Also $39.99 per month is an extravagant amount to basically keep you on retainer. I would have been happy to pay $5 or $10 for the service I used. Maybe you should start charging a la carte for your services.

Vinnie milone Astoria, NY

Easy to use. And reliable ther entire process was perfect for my needs. Ty

Susan Wiedemer Spring Lake, MN

Very easy to use and understand. Will recommend this to friends and family.

Dewitt Brown Stockton, CA

On Time Special Services - Great Help for People in NEED!

Lisa Benson, AZ

I really liked that they had templates for basically everything you could ask for. I obtained a template for a Letter of Agreement and was so grateful for how easy it was to use and complete. Everything is already there just add what you need to add and done. To easy. If the need arises I will be using Rocket Lawyer in the future.

marc ullman Forked River, NJ

Very simple, good value & easy to get someone on a chat

Bob Ketchie Miami, FL

Great products at a great price! Recommend

Catt Jones Stockbridge, GA

I’m okay with it, just need things answer without a fee.

Mary Eck Montgomery, PA

I love the Legal agreement that you helped me with it is very professional ,but there was no place for the tenants to sign with lines just the landlords.

Linda Thomas Chicago, IL

The entire process of finding the legal document you NEED, understanding the legal terminology and filling it out to completion without an actual attorney makes this company OUTSTANDING in every way for ALL OF THE LAY PEOPLE in the world! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

David Burdette Cape May Court House, NJ

I made new wills for me and my wife. Easy to use and seem complete. Thanks!

Sara Nelson Kennewick, WA

I took advantage of their free 7 day trial offer. When I called to cancel, they made it simple and easy (which I really appreciate!)

Shawnte Page Clarksville, TN

Not only was the website extremely easy to use, but it was also easy to get the documents i needed.

Genesis Movers And Transporters LLC DeSoto, TX

Excellent firm and extremely knowledgeable of the law and contracts. I will used them anytime and I introduced them to friends and family already.

Bonita Hogan Smithfield, RI

I liked the accessibility to the information i was looking for. I was able to Taylor the document to my specific need.

John W Aiple O'Fallon, IL

I don't need much in legal documents but when I do Rocket Lawyer has been there. I would be more than happy to pay but my limited usage doesn't make sense to pay annual fees. Maybe a per document fee or a lesser annual fees with a set number of docs per year. But I do like the documents and the ease of use.

Marilynn Kaplan North Las Vegas, NV

Easy to use, even with multiple “edits”. A couple hiccups where info wasn’t accepted . Only used the trial version but accomplished what I needed.