Rocket Lawyer offers affordable online legal assistance. It has created more than three million legal documents, answered more than 30,000 legal questions, and incorporated more than 900,000 businesses. Rocket Lawyer provides both personal and business legal aid and offers a broad range of resources for each client.

The Good

• Premium Membership and Pricing
  • Free Trial
  • Personal and Business Options
  • Online User Experience
  • Customer Service
  • Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer has several great features to its online legal services. Not only does it provide options for personal and business needs but it offers a free trial so that customers can try Rocket Lawyer's services before making a final decision. Rocket Lawyer also has several educational and informative resources. These features are broken down as follows:

Premium Membership and Pricing

The Rocket Lawyer cost for a Premium Membership is $39.99 a month. This membership gives clients access to legal documents, customer service, and general counsel to legal questions for free. Rocket Lawyer does not require a contract so that clients may cancel their service anytime.

This membership also gives customers huge discounts on Rocket Lawyer's On Call Attorneys and Registered Agent services.

People can purchase its services or documents a la carte. But most of these products cost more than the monthly subscription. When compared to the cost of legal representation and other legal fees, Rocket Lawyer saves business owners thousands of dollars.

Free Trial Offer

If you want to try Rocket Lawyer before committing to a membership, you can create your first legal forms for free or sign up for a free one-week trial. This trial gives anyone access to Rocket Lawyer's legal documents, lawyers, and resources.

Personal and Business Options

Rocket Lawyer provides online legal services for personal and business needs. Small business owners have used Rocket Lawyer to navigate the difficulties of starting a business without having to spend tons of extra money on legal advice. Others may use it for personal needs, such as legal aid with divorce or support with a workers' compensation settlement without paying thousands to hire an attorney.

These online service features can often be minimal, but Rocket Lawyer gives customers legal advice on a plethora of options.

Types of Business Law Help and Documents

• Start an LLC, Non-Profit, C-Corp, or S-Corp with statewide legal services.
  • Make A Business Contract- Make Non-Disclosure Agreements, A Release of Liability, or Independent Contractor Agreements.
  • Rent a Property- Create Lease Agreements, Eviction Notices, or Rental Applications.
  • Protect Your Ideas- Create Trademarks and Patents.

Types of Personal Law Help and Documents

• Plan your estate- Create Last Wills and Testaments, establish power of attorney, and create a living will for old age.
  • Get a divorce- Get assistance with Child Custody, Divorce Papers, or ask personal legal questions to an attorney.
  • Lending someone money- Make a Promissory Note, Demand for Money Owed, or create a Debt Settlement Agreement.
  • Buy or Sell a Home- Get the documents and forms for Intent to Purchase Real Estate, Real Estate Purchasing Agreements, and Quitclaim Deeds.

Online User Experience

Not only is Rocket Lawyer's website very easy to navigate, but clients also have access to an online portal from any device at any time. The online portal also offers secure cloud storage for legal documents. Its online legal forms and reports have been clear to read and sign for Rocket Lawyer's clients.

Clients receive free registered agent service for 12 months. These agents provide excellent customer support by answering questions and sharing legal insights. Agents also file incorporation papers on your behalf, as well as, help its clients receive the paperwork needed for their legal matters. Rocket Lawyer reviews have been positive because of these features. Rocket Lawyers' customer service is incredibly useful for understanding contracts, the law, and complex legal forms.

Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer's website has a very informative blog, attorney directory, legal articles, and a legal dictionary for anyone to access and reference.

The Bad

• File Your Own Documents
  • Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of valuable services to its customer base. However, there are a few drawbacks to its services.

File Your Own Documents

Clients have to file legal documents on their own. Rocket Lawyer does not submit the reports to an appropriate government agency, this will need to be done by the client. Although this company makes you file these forms yourself, it does give step-by-step instructions to help its clients fill out these forms.

Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer does not give any information about how the attorneys and other legal staff in its network are screened. There is also no written standard on the website on how thorough the Rocket Lawyer team will review your documents for accuracy.

The Bottom Line

Rocket Lawyer can offer general counsel, help with contracts, starting a business, as well as offers many other features, all without going to a law firm and paying the law firm steep pricing.

Of course, if your legal needs are a bit complicated, meaning you have a tricky legal issue, or you want to be able to gauge the quality of legal counsel, you may want to upgrade your Rocket Lawyer plan. We recommend looking into its service of On Call Attorneys or contacting a local law firm.

Rocket Lawyers premium membership makes all of its features and pricing cheap and will help individuals with almost all of their legal problems. This membership gives customers access to legal forms, and general legal advice at any time, which can help small business owners get started.

If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy service, Rocket Lawyer has shown that it is one of the best online legal services.

Ronald Marini

August 18th, 2020 Miami, FL

I drafted my will and healthcare power of attorney using rocket lawyer and as a lawyer I found the documents to be complete, well thought out and comprehensive; not to mention the program was very very easy to use.

TBeadles

August 13th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I love Rocket Lawyer. It’s very user friendly and efficient. The representatives I have worked with are very courteous, kind and professional. Thank you for all of your help.

Cecilia Leyva

August 10th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ

Thank You this was fast and easy. Now I have my RIP done.

Kenny Dresner

July 31st, 2020 Tempe, AZ

RL made it simple for me to draft, edit and print my will. Couldn’t ask for more. Thank you.

Naomi Dennison

July 29th, 2020 Wurtsboro, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed to write out a notice of no lease, I served papers in March to default a rental agreement the people are still there so I thought I would try another way and no rent will be collected

Patrick Patterson

July 29th, 2020 Denver, CO

Forms are well laid out and easy to navigate.

Bob K

July 26th, 2020 Vancouver, WA

I just needed the one document. Printed & filled it out. On presentation to the proper institution it effected the desired result immediately! My "live", local lawyer still has not responded to the very same issue. You saved the day for me!

Joe OBrien

July 21st, 2020 Southport, NC

Simple and easy to use. Easy communications when I needed to talk with someone in lay man's language.

Joe

July 15th, 2020 Milton, MA

I was selling a motorcycle and needed a bill of sale so i found rocket lawyer and found a bill of sale pdf I signed up for the free trial period and the sale was completed and everything worked out well. I called back and downgraded and canceled my free subscription which was done effortlessly thank you again Rocket Lawyer

Johnny Tremendous

July 14th, 2020 The Bronx, NY

Very easy to create a document without paying anything. Absolutely free! And the whole process was very clear and easy.

Cassandra Young

July 11th, 2020 Rocky Face, GA

I love it! I have had all my questions answered and they saved me a huge argument with me ex roommate

Sharon Holmes

July 8th, 2020 Gilbert, AZ

Got exactly what I needed very quickly and accurately.

Jody Cox

July 1st, 2020 Norfolk, VA

It was very easy to create the corporate by laws for my company. I needed them for the PPP loan I got from the government. I had never had any nor the need for any. I canceled my account because I don't really need any of your services any more. Also $39.99 per month is an extravagant amount to basically keep you on retainer. I would have been happy to pay $5 or $10 for the service I used. Maybe you should start charging a la carte for your services.

Vinnie milone

June 27th, 2020 Astoria, NY

Easy to use. And reliable ther entire process was perfect for my needs. Ty

Susan Wiedemer

June 9th, 2020 Spring Lake, MN

Very easy to use and understand. Will recommend this to friends and family.

Dewitt Brown

May 31st, 2020 Stockton, CA

On Time Special Services - Great Help for People in NEED!

Lisa

May 30th, 2020 Benson, AZ

I really liked that they had templates for basically everything you could ask for. I obtained a template for a Letter of Agreement and was so grateful for how easy it was to use and complete. Everything is already there just add what you need to add and done. To easy. If the need arises I will be using Rocket Lawyer in the future.

marc ullman

May 22nd, 2020 Forked River, NJ

Very simple, good value & easy to get someone on a chat

Bob Ketchie

May 16th, 2020 Miami, FL

Great products at a great price! Recommend

Catt Jones

April 29th, 2020 Stockbridge, GA

I’m okay with it, just need things answer without a fee.

Mary Eck

April 24th, 2020 Montgomery, PA

I love the Legal agreement that you helped me with it is very professional ,but there was no place for the tenants to sign with lines just the landlords.

Linda Thomas

April 21st, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The entire process of finding the legal document you NEED, understanding the legal terminology and filling it out to completion without an actual attorney makes this company OUTSTANDING in every way for ALL OF THE LAY PEOPLE in the world! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

David Burdette

April 14th, 2020 Cape May Court House, NJ

I made new wills for me and my wife. Easy to use and seem complete. Thanks!

Sara Nelson

April 11th, 2020 Kennewick, WA

I took advantage of their free 7 day trial offer. When I called to cancel, they made it simple and easy (which I really appreciate!)

Shawnte Page

April 9th, 2020 Clarksville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Not only was the website extremely easy to use, but it was also easy to get the documents i needed.

Genesis Movers And Transporters LLC

April 8th, 2020 DeSoto, TX

Excellent firm and extremely knowledgeable of the law and contracts. I will used them anytime and I introduced them to friends and family already.

Bonita Hogan

April 7th, 2020 Smithfield, RI

I liked the accessibility to the information i was looking for. I was able to Taylor the document to my specific need.

John W Aiple

April 5th, 2020 O'Fallon, IL

I don't need much in legal documents but when I do Rocket Lawyer has been there. I would be more than happy to pay but my limited usage doesn't make sense to pay annual fees. Maybe a per document fee or a lesser annual fees with a set number of docs per year. But I do like the documents and the ease of use.

Marilynn Kaplan

April 4th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV

Easy to use, even with multiple “edits”. A couple hiccups where info wasn’t accepted . Only used the trial version but accomplished what I needed.

Bob Denkers

March 21st, 2020 Anaheim, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

this is a scam company they give you 7 days free to hope your forget to cancel, They did not even have what I wanted and they still charged me, I tried to get a refund but I they refused

Jeff Crowe

March 17th, 2020 Crozet, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Well first of all I cannot believe that Florida doesn't have a law on evicting squatters or a bum from your residence you have to go through the court system instead of calling a police officer and have them evicted. My experience with Rocket Lawyer was very user friendly and when I called to cancel my subscription they were very nice about it and didn't pressure me to keep using their web site.

Jake Yasgur

March 16th, 2020 Malvern, PA

I would have like a page to add individual issues which I did an an addendum so it is a very minor recommendation. The process was easy and I am very happy to not need the old way of getting a blank at the store any more. PS: I stink with technology and use an I Pad and it went well for me. Thank you Rocket Lawyer

Martha

March 12th, 2020 Miami, FL

Rocket Lawyer makes it so easy to create documents. I needed a document in a hurry and Rocket Lawyer was able to make that happen! I would recommend Rocket Lawyer to everyone. As a matter of fact I already have a friend who will be using you.! Thank you for your service

Bruce

March 10th, 2020 Hainesport, NJ

I used Rocket Lawyer for a one time Confidentiality Agreement. At this time I do not need to continue the service, but as I progress, I see the benefit of maintaining the service for future business documents I will be needing on a regular basis. Signing up for the service was quick and easy, discontinuing the service was the same. The staff for cancelling were easy to access through you phone system, and the person I spoke to was polite, helpful, cheerful, and professional. Thank you Rocket Lawyer!

Pauline Gross

February 29th, 2020 Peoria, AZ

I put together a promissory note document, easy to follow, easy to edit, straight forward amortization schedule. Love it!! Eriks Gross

Sandy Hunsaker

February 22nd, 2020 Cañon City, CO

I was very pleased on how easy The Last Will and Testament was to do as well as my Living Will. I had to unexpectedly get one done. Thank for your services and the free trial. I will recommend your company.

Mike F.

February 19th, 2020 Bothell, WA

Easy to navigate. A little expensive to keep for long term though. For as little as I’d use it, a real lawyer would be more cost effective.

Ron Rydell

February 5th, 2020 Minneapolis, MN

Would like to have a “per document” relationship with Rocket Lawyer...all I need are about five “non disclosure agreements” per year.

Bree Connally

February 4th, 2020 Buda, TX

Easy questionnaire, covered the basics for our rental contract

Erinn Tracey

January 31st, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Smooth and well explained process for contracts. Love the ease of questions and added info if needed for each question.

Alex Cordero

January 17th, 2020 Rockville, CT

Extremely helpful. Just a little too pricey for me.

CDN

January 12th, 2020 Atascadero, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Drafted a couple of doc's I needed and got a question answered from attorney.pretty satisfied for the trial membership!

Larry Austin

January 10th, 2020 Salem, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Needed a form to record a sales of a piece of equipment, Just filled in the blanks and everyone was happy.

cynthia lewis

May 10th, 2019 Montrose, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great site, lives up to what they say they are going to do, low cost, thorough and comprehensive.

Tony Peurrung

April 17th, 2019 Richland, WA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

While the document production was fine, I found a $40 charge that I didn’t expect. There was no indication when I purchased the $5 package that such charges would follow. Good thing I paid attention to my credit card bill. Beware!

Cassidy Gundersen

December 6th, 2017 Orem, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I used Rocketlawyer for an NDA for my small business. They make you sign up for a free 7 day trial to use their service and then automatically charge you after that period is over. I cancelled my subscription after 5 days but they continued to charge me for 2 months after that. They would not get back to my repeated complaints and customer service requests and I have still not gotten a refund. Whatever you do, do NOT use Rocketlawyer.

Brian Paul

November 2nd, 2016

Great service! So glad I decided to use them.

Frank A.

August 18th, 2016 Houston, TX

Rocket Lawyer is a great company. They stand by their word when they say something to you and offer great legal document alternatives to what someone would normally pay an attorney for.

Nicki Hall

August 18th, 2016 South San Francisco, CA

Rocket Lawyer is exceptional - superlative in time and cost savings.

Jenny Peters

August 17th, 2016 San Francisco, CA

Really amazing service. I had high expectations and they were met. I feel like I really get my money's worth and I've told friends about how useful I find it.