Best Company Guarantee Rocket Lawyer Logo

Rocket Lawyer

7.9

Rocket Lawyer offers affordable online legal assistance. It has created more than three million legal documents, answered more than 30,000 legal questions, and incorporated more than 900,000 businesses. Rocket Lawyer provides both personal and business legal aid and offers a broad range of resources for each client.

The Good

• Premium Membership and Pricing
  • Free Trial
  • Personal and Business Options
  • Online User Experience
  • Customer Service
  • Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer has several great features to its online legal services. Not only does it provide options for personal and business needs but it offers a free trial so that customers can try Rocket Lawyer's services before making a final decision. Rocket Lawyer also has several educational and informative resources. These features are broken down as follows:

Premium Membership and Pricing

The Rocket Lawyer cost for a Premium Membership is $39.99 a month. This membership gives clients access to legal documents, customer service, and general counsel to legal questions for free. Rocket Lawyer does not require a contract so that clients may cancel their service anytime.

This membership also gives customers huge discounts on Rocket Lawyer's On Call Attorneys and Registered Agent services.

People can purchase its services or documents a la carte. But most of these products cost more than the monthly subscription. When compared to the cost of legal representation and other legal fees, Rocket Lawyer saves business owners thousands of dollars.

Free Trial Offer

If you want to try Rocket Lawyer before committing to a membership, you can create your first legal forms for free or sign up for a free one-week trial. This trial gives anyone access to Rocket Lawyer's legal documents, lawyers, and resources.

Personal and Business Options

Rocket Lawyer provides online legal services for personal and business needs. Small business owners have used Rocket Lawyer to navigate the difficulties of starting a business without having to spend tons of extra money on legal advice. Others may use it for personal needs, such as legal aid with divorce or support with a workers' compensation settlement without paying thousands to hire an attorney.

These online service features can often be minimal, but Rocket Lawyer gives customers legal advice on a plethora of options.

Types of Business Law Help and Documents

• Start an LLC, Non-Profit, C-Corp, or S-Corp with statewide legal services.
  • Make A Business Contract- Make Non-Disclosure Agreements, A Release of Liability, or Independent Contractor Agreements.
  • Rent a Property- Create Lease Agreements, Eviction Notices, or Rental Applications.
  • Protect Your Ideas- Create Trademarks and Patents.

Types of Personal Law Help and Documents

• Plan your estate- Create Last Wills and Testaments, establish power of attorney, and create a living will for old age.
  • Get a divorce- Get assistance with Child Custody, Divorce Papers, or ask personal legal questions to an attorney.
  • Lending someone money- Make a Promissory Note, Demand for Money Owed, or create a Debt Settlement Agreement.
  • Buy or Sell a Home- Get the documents and forms for Intent to Purchase Real Estate, Real Estate Purchasing Agreements, and Quitclaim Deeds.

Online User Experience

Not only is Rocket Lawyer's website very easy to navigate, but clients also have access to an online portal from any device at any time. The online portal also offers secure cloud storage for legal documents. Its online legal forms and reports have been clear to read and sign for Rocket Lawyer's clients.

Clients receive free registered agent service for 12 months. These agents provide excellent customer support by answering questions and sharing legal insights. Agents also file incorporation papers on your behalf, as well as, help its clients receive the paperwork needed for their legal matters. Rocket Lawyer reviews have been positive because of these features. Rocket Lawyers' customer service is incredibly useful for understanding contracts, the law, and complex legal forms.

Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer's website has a very informative blog, attorney directory, legal articles, and a legal dictionary for anyone to access and reference.

The Bad

• File Your Own Documents
  • Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of valuable services to its customer base. However, there are a few drawbacks to its services.

File Your Own Documents

Clients have to file legal documents on their own. Rocket Lawyer does not submit the reports to an appropriate government agency, this will need to be done by the client. Although this company makes you file these forms yourself, it does give step-by-step instructions to help its clients fill out these forms.

Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer does not give any information about how the attorneys and other legal staff in its network are screened. There is also no written standard on the website on how thorough the Rocket Lawyer team will review your documents for accuracy.

The Bottom Line

Rocket Lawyer can offer general counsel, help with contracts, starting a business, as well as offers many other features, all without going to a law firm and paying the law firm steep pricing.

Of course, if your legal needs are a bit complicated, meaning you have a tricky legal issue, or you want to be able to gauge the quality of legal counsel, you may want to upgrade your Rocket Lawyer plan. We recommend looking into its service of On Call Attorneys or contacting a local law firm.

Rocket Lawyers premium membership makes all of its features and pricing cheap and will help individuals with almost all of their legal problems. This membership gives customers access to legal forms, and general legal advice at any time, which can help small business owners get started.

If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy service, Rocket Lawyer has shown that it is one of the best online legal services.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

David Singer White Hall, AR

As a process server and licensed private investigator I was very pleased with the ease of use to create documents. Individually I have personal business to conduct and think the access to other forms is a huge plus. Text chat with customer service was amazingly smooth, simple, and the young lady was very professional and prompt in her replies and I truly felt I was receiving personal attention.

Barbara Austin, TX

I found your forms great and easy to use. I was a bit disappointed in the lawyers response. I found that answer on line so was expecting more. We've had to hire an attorney to our needs. Thanks for the trail it was good information

Anthony Anderson Plainfield, IL

Randy M. was EXTREMLY helpful with all of my questions and pointed me in the right direction so even though I had to cancel I will start a membership with Rocket Lawyer in the future because of Randy's AWESOME customer service and knowledge about who to talk to regarding the starting of our rental car business. Thanks again Randy!

Angelique Peters Michigan City, IN

Very easy to use and navigate your way around the site. Forms are easy to complete, print, email, etc. The customer service is fantastic as well. Everyone I have spoken with are nice, friendly, and eager to help. You don't see that much nowadays, so it's nice and refreshing when you do.

warren rasgo Buckeye, AZ

Their loan agreement document was easy to create. They allowed me to opt of their trial period without any hassles. The representative was very knowledgeable and shared a great offer choice which I may follow up and use Rocket Lawyer in the future.

Antonio Perez Sacramento, CA

I got all the legal documents I was after in a timely manner. They were professional and for the most part up to date. And when I want to cancel. It was no problem. Good place to go for docs.

junkltd Medford, OR

The form generated was thorough, clearly understandable and precisely suited my needs. My interaction with Chris was excellent. I will recommend Rocket Lawyer to friends and family.

Mary Zaudtke Saint Paul, MN

I appreciated that I was able to have help creating my operating document for LLC. In a world where everything is expensive I appreciated it was free. I was grateful that when I cancelled my free trial that the agent happy to help me and offered me other options but was not pushy. Thanks!

Carol Oswalt Winter Haven, FL

Victoria in Tech Services was professional, helpful, considerate and a GREAT ASSET to your company. She should get a raise. Just go back and listen to our conversation. She addressed every need, allowed me to take my time downloading some documents, and knew exactly what I was talking about regarding my "issues."

Chris Kautzman Clovis, CA

Rocket lawyer is a great way to do legal forms without hiring a lawyer on simple things in life like someone who owes you money, it has the papers and walks you thru the fill in part to make you look like a pro. I was very happy with my paper work, but I did not need to use them yet, but when the need arises in the future I will be back . I would recommend!

Mike Drolick Madison, TN

Very easy to navigate. Signing the documents were easy. I was able to produce and sign multiple documents with little effort.

Wendy Siniard Cumming, GA

Using the documents was easy and straight forward. Calling to cancel my 7-day trial was so easy and the Rocket Lawyer employee was helpful and a breeze to work with.

Lucy Basov Charlotte, NC

Very happy with the results! Easy and user-friendly.. I didn't want to sign up for a membership at this time and it wasn't a never-ending saga of cancelling it unlike with so many other companies.

Derek O'Connell Arlington, VA

Good customer service. When creating a lease, it would be nice to be able to manually edit each section, where doing so does not prevent me from using the auto-generated lease for the entire document.

michael bernsen Chicago, IL

I needed a bill of sale quickly and the bu yer was in another state but Rocket Lawyer made it quick and easy to find the document I needed and I could even securely email them to be signed online.

Shalom La Ferney Farmington, MO

I am truly thankful for God blessing me with you, Rocket Lawyer, being available for use by me (and anyone else) to get my divorce papers, not only completed to the fullest extent necessary, but completed with all the legal wording and setup of the pages, without leaving anything out. I trust that because of the formatting being legally correct, and I believe I didn't leave anything out of the papers at this point, that should my soon-to-be ex-husband agree with everything in our divorce papers and sign them, I will hopefully have my divorce granted shortly by the judge and be free of the living nightmare I have suffered with for a little over 3 years now. I thank God and you, Rocket Lawyer, for all of your help in this matter.

Shelly Green Eagle, ID

Randy was kind and helpful. I was asking to extend my free trial at a discount and he expedited that.

Christen Noel Huffman Birmingham, AL

Your customer service is outstanding! Christine was patient, understanding compassionate and more than fair! I will definitely be recommending Rocket Lawyer in the future!

Diane Clinkscale DeSoto, TX

Great, smooth sailing, very clear instructions, I have already referred your site to a couple of people.

Jennifer Monhollen Lafayette, IN

Dru was very polite, courteous, and with no questions as to why or tried to keep me she went ahead and started to issue me a refund.

ANDREW GANGL Oak Harbor, WA

Excellent website! Easy and fast to use. Very helpful for the lay person to use. I will return in the future if needed, Thank You!

Elaine Hinz Toledo, OH

My doctor has been encouraging me to get my Living Will made and, thanks to Rocket Lawyers, I have finally done it. It was easy! Thanks for the help.

Rachel Dena New Braunfels, TX

I love how you offer so many services at a reasonable price and how quickly you response to questions. Very convenient! I will be using your services in the future as needed. Thank you!

Michael Collins Houston, TX

Needed a document for my dad living many states away. So easy to get it done.

Marwin Calimlim Norfolk, VA

Was easy to use for making my resignation letter. Really helped a lot, and looked professional.

Shirley Allen Jonesboro, GA

All questions were answered. would recommend. a library of very helpful and useful documents

D Koster Kalamazoo, MI

Ease of use. The ability to leave sections blank so prospect advocates can read before inserting their names.

Victor Fennimore Decatur, IL

Easy to use, exactly what I needed. Great customer support

Mary Sanchez Commerce City, CO

It was great to get my documents from you. Thank you so much.

Steven Coney Sr Houston, TX

Great customer service. Very fast and solve problems with a haste.

Jason Liehr Santa Barbara, CA

Great customer service. Was placed with an informative and helpful attorney. Very affordable.

Karen C Lewis Ashburn, VA

I used to fillable forms to set up my Durable Power using this wbsite and had no problems at all. Very user friendly. I absolutely would recommend this site for legal forms.

daniels freeman Los Angeles, CA

Got paired with an amazing lawyer custumed for my specific case. Received such good advice on my whole situation and this consultation really gave me a solid ground on how to act next. Very useful service!

ernest winstead Petersburg, VA

Randy was very polite and knowledgeable.

Orlando Soto Odessa, MO

There are many web base pages that claimed to help the customer 100%, I found out that is not the case. However when I came across Rocket Lawyer I felt really good plus I was able to ask questions and and get the proper answer and get my documents in the right way. Thank you for the job well done.

Not Your Average Peon Ogden, UT

Excellent company and excellent customer service. I love RL!

MAGIC MIKE TERRORENCE Cleveland, OH

Your website was easy to navigate and I was able to edit and print my paperwork out 3 different times with no confusion.Got my work done fast as a rocket.Thanks guys.

Horace Atwater Jr Atlanta, GA

it was very helpful. a useful tool for my deed

Thomas Moyer Las Vegas, NV

This is a great website. Very easy to use. I love how you walk me through each thing I needed to do. I would recommend your site to anyone that could use your service. Actually already recommended it to a couple people.

Thomas Indelicato Virginia Beach, VA

The information I requested was promptly given to me.

Allison Sipple Provo, UT

super easy to cancel my membership and get a full refund.

Ashley Markley Blackwood, NJ

Easy to use, Customer service was helpful

Eric Manuel Columbus, OH

The quick response and resolution of my problem.

Linda Feliciano Orlando, FL

So customer friendly!!! Easy to use results as if done by lawyers. Love it.

Mike Curtis Guyton, GA

Rocket Lawyer was recommended by an attorney brother-in-law. Reasonable price, lots of features, and easy to use. We used it for wills, trusts, living wills, powers of attorney, and others. Very happy with the results. We got everything we needed so our membership lapsed. I won’t hesitate to use them again.

Jody Cox Norfolk, VA

It was very easy to create the corporate by laws for my company. I needed them for the PPP loan I got from the government. I had never had any nor the need for any. I canceled my account because I don't really need any of your services any more. Also $39.99 per month is an extravagant amount to basically keep you on retainer. I would have been happy to pay $5 or $10 for the service I used. Maybe you should start charging a la carte for your services.

Jeff Crowe Crozet, VA

Well first of all I cannot believe that Florida doesn't have a law on evicting squatters or a bum from your residence you have to go through the court system instead of calling a police officer and have them evicted. My experience with Rocket Lawyer was very user friendly and when I called to cancel my subscription they were very nice about it and didn't pressure me to keep using their web site.

Bruce Hainesport, NJ

I used Rocket Lawyer for a one time Confidentiality Agreement. At this time I do not need to continue the service, but as I progress, I see the benefit of maintaining the service for future business documents I will be needing on a regular basis. Signing up for the service was quick and easy, discontinuing the service was the same. The staff for cancelling were easy to access through you phone system, and the person I spoke to was polite, helpful, cheerful, and professional. Thank you Rocket Lawyer!

Gerald A Baldonado San Pedro, CA

It was quick but a very friendly contact. Yes, I am differently going to do business with your firm and will suggest to all who need your services.

Ronald Marini Miami, FL

I drafted my will and healthcare power of attorney using rocket lawyer and as a lawyer I found the documents to be complete, well thought out and comprehensive; not to mention the program was very very easy to use.