Best Company Guarantee Rocket Lawyer Logo

Rocket Lawyer

6.2

LAST UPDATED: November 8th, 2022

Rocket Lawyer offers affordable online legal assistance. It has created more than three million legal documents, answered more than 30,000 legal questions, and incorporated more than 900,000 businesses. Rocket Lawyer provides both personal and business legal aid and offers a broad range of resources for each client.

The Good

• Premium Membership and Pricing
  • Free Trial
  • Personal and Business Options
  • Online User Experience
  • Customer Service
  • Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer has several great features to its online legal services. Not only does it provide options for personal and business needs but it offers a free trial so that customers can try Rocket Lawyer's services before making a final decision. Rocket Lawyer also has several educational and informative resources. These features are broken down as follows:

Premium Membership and Pricing

The Rocket Lawyer cost for a Premium Membership is $39.99 a month. This membership gives clients access to legal documents, customer service, and general counsel to legal questions for free. Rocket Lawyer does not require a contract so that clients may cancel their service anytime.

This membership also gives customers huge discounts on Rocket Lawyer's On Call Attorneys and Registered Agent services.

People can purchase its services or documents a la carte. But most of these products cost more than the monthly subscription. When compared to the cost of legal representation and other legal fees, Rocket Lawyer saves business owners thousands of dollars.

Free Trial Offer

If you want to try Rocket Lawyer before committing to a membership, you can create your first legal forms for free or sign up for a free one-week trial. This trial gives anyone access to Rocket Lawyer's legal documents, lawyers, and resources.

Personal and Business Options

Rocket Lawyer provides online legal services for personal and business needs. Small business owners have used Rocket Lawyer to navigate the difficulties of starting a business without having to spend tons of extra money on legal advice. Others may use it for personal needs, such as legal aid with divorce or support with a workers' compensation settlement without paying thousands to hire an attorney.

These online service features can often be minimal, but Rocket Lawyer gives customers legal advice on a plethora of options.

Types of Business Law Help and Documents

• Start an LLC, Non-Profit, C-Corp, or S-Corp with statewide legal services.
  • Make A Business Contract- Make Non-Disclosure Agreements, A Release of Liability, or Independent Contractor Agreements.
  • Rent a Property- Create Lease Agreements, Eviction Notices, or Rental Applications.
  • Protect Your Ideas- Create Trademarks and Patents.

Types of Personal Law Help and Documents

• Plan your estate- Create Last Wills and Testaments, establish power of attorney, and create a living will for old age.
  • Get a divorce- Get assistance with Child Custody, Divorce Papers, or ask personal legal questions to an attorney.
  • Lending someone money- Make a Promissory Note, Demand for Money Owed, or create a Debt Settlement Agreement.
  • Buy or Sell a Home- Get the documents and forms for Intent to Purchase Real Estate, Real Estate Purchasing Agreements, and Quitclaim Deeds.

Online User Experience

Not only is Rocket Lawyer's website very easy to navigate, but clients also have access to an online portal from any device at any time. The online portal also offers secure cloud storage for legal documents. Its online legal forms and reports have been clear to read and sign for Rocket Lawyer's clients.

Clients receive free registered agent service for 12 months. These agents provide excellent customer support by answering questions and sharing legal insights. Agents also file incorporation papers on your behalf, as well as, help its clients receive the paperwork needed for their legal matters. Rocket Lawyer reviews have been positive because of these features. Rocket Lawyers' customer service is incredibly useful for understanding contracts, the law, and complex legal forms.

Legal Resources

Rocket Lawyer's website has a very informative blog, attorney directory, legal articles, and a legal dictionary for anyone to access and reference.

The Bad

• File Your Own Documents
  • Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer offers a wide range of valuable services to its customer base. However, there are a few drawbacks to its services.

File Your Own Documents

Clients have to file legal documents on their own. Rocket Lawyer does not submit the reports to an appropriate government agency, this will need to be done by the client. Although this company makes you file these forms yourself, it does give step-by-step instructions to help its clients fill out these forms.

Lack of Attorney Information

Rocket Lawyer does not give any information about how the attorneys and other legal staff in its network are screened. There is also no written standard on the website on how thorough the Rocket Lawyer team will review your documents for accuracy.

The Bottom Line

Rocket Lawyer can offer general counsel, help with contracts, starting a business, as well as offers many other features, all without going to a law firm and paying the law firm steep pricing.

Of course, if your legal needs are a bit complicated, meaning you have a tricky legal issue, or you want to be able to gauge the quality of legal counsel, you may want to upgrade your Rocket Lawyer plan. We recommend looking into its service of On Call Attorneys or contacting a local law firm.

Rocket Lawyers premium membership makes all of its features and pricing cheap and will help individuals with almost all of their legal problems. This membership gives customers access to legal forms, and general legal advice at any time, which can help small business owners get started.

If you are looking for a reliable and trustworthy service, Rocket Lawyer has shown that it is one of the best online legal services.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More

4.8

Company Paperwork Mesa, AZ

I really l iked how there are file on line to hlp support all the unknowns in life. I will be looking into more of the files as soon as the new year is here. thank you Deana

Michael Majerek Elkhart, IN

Great company, I used to use them all the time in my business, but now that I am retired, maybe twice a year, and they still always come through. But when I was in business, most of my legal forms came from Rocket lawyer. I had 4 businesses.

kp Trussville, AL

Jacob is awesome! I was really upset about Rocket Lawyer emailing my printer and causing a printer jam. Jacob was able to calm me down with his smooth voice and professionalism. I'm eating a beefy 5 layer burrito from Taco Bell so that probably helped too because I was hangry. I I fixed the paper jam and Jacob unsubscribed my printer email from the spam which was caused by my narcissistic abusive adoptive father trying to get a power of attorney over me by using Rocket Lawyer. I changed my printer email. We had a good laugh and Jacob and I bonded. Thanks Rocket Lawyer for this wonderful experience and opportunity I would have never had had otherwise since I don't use Rocket Lawyer for anything really. Shout out to Taco bell for being so tasty. Much love, -KP

Evon San Antonio, TX

Kevin from your Support team was fantastic in resolving a very frustrating problem with my membership. He is extremely personable and a great listener. He explained your membership options, asked me some clarifying questions and fit me into the right membership. I clearly understood my ability to transfer back to premium when/if needed. I am very pleased with the exceptional service Kevin provided.

Shalom La Ferney Farmington, MO

I am truly thankful for God blessing me with you, Rocket Lawyer, being available for use by me (and anyone else) to get my divorce papers, not only completed to the fullest extent necessary, but completed with all the legal wording and setup of the pages, without leaving anything out. I trust that because of the formatting being legally correct, and I believe I didn't leave anything out of the papers at this point, that should my soon-to-be ex-husband agree with everything in our divorce papers and sign them, I will hopefully have my divorce granted shortly by the judge and be free of the living nightmare I have suffered with for a little over 3 years now. I thank God and you, Rocket Lawyer, for all of your help in this matter.

Zdravka Rados Pittsburgh, PA

Patient, clear, listening, explaining, answered all questions I had, pleasant voice - felt I can trust him.

milan nikolic Denver, CO

very good experience! Answered my call on Saturday morning!

diamond Traylor Seattle, WA

I was having trouble filling out my bylaws for my non-profit and Kevin was so helpful. He assisted me by walking me through the questions, which I thought was amazing! We worked out, even though we were forced to put it on pause, until Monday and I get a chance to get over things with Brian.

David Jennings Fredericksburg, VA

Nice services and customer service at a low price for those of us who do not need the services of legal advice. The customer representatives have explained your services well and helped me pick the right plan for me. Thanks!

SDM Smyrna, TN

I called with a billing issue & Kevin P was helpful, professional & resolved the situation quickly. He also provided great information about other services that may be helpful to me. He came across as helpful & knowledgeable without being too pushy.

Ann Horst San Antonio, TX

I loved being able to create an agreement using their interactive template. Super easy. Then it sent the document to the party I wanted to have sign it and edit it. Then, I messed up and didn't cancel the free subscription in time because my website designer got COVID and kept asking for more time. So I called their CS liine and they helped me with two great options to choose from. I sincerely appreciate what they do and love their kindness and for saying "we are just her to help". Thank you for that!

Joseph Scarpulla Stafford, VA

I had to print a document for a power of attorney and the trail was just enough time to perform this action. But since I forgot to cancel the trial I was charged $40. At the same time the gentleman by the name of Kevin P on the customer service side helped fix the problem and I couldn’t be happier. Thank all of you at the RocketLawyer team so much!

Elizabeth Tetrault Fort Collins, CO

I used rocket lawyer's free 7 day trial to create nonprofit corporate bylaws. It was really easy, asked all the relevant questions in the interview and created a very complete and thorough document. They were willing to cancel my subscription without a hassle, as I am not ready to commit to a paid subscription right now, but will definitely consider doing so after our nonprofit is formed.

Priyesh Doshi Queens, NY

This is the reference standard for customer service. You get to speak with an actual person promptly who is also very courteous and professional. He promptly resolved y issue. I requested for a refund and it was issued immediately without any questions. Also, their software is very easy to use and enabled us to generate the required legal document immediately. An outside legal firm would have charged us hundreds of dollars for it. Highly recommend Rocket Lawyer for anyone wishing to get legal documents.

Jared Backus Virginia Beach, VA

Service was great. Very user friendly and great detailed documents. I canceled my subscription prior from the trial, but still got billed. Contacted by chat which was professional and amazing. I advised about the issue. Justina did not hesitate to correct it. Was less the. 5 minutes. She did a wonderful job offering me the 1 plan, but at this time I wouldn’t need it. Very impressed and will use product in the future. Thank you Justina.

David Singer White Hall, AR

As a process server and licensed private investigator I was very pleased with the ease of use to create documents. Individually I have personal business to conduct and think the access to other forms is a huge plus. Text chat with customer service was amazingly smooth, simple, and the young lady was very professional and prompt in her replies and I truly felt I was receiving personal attention.

Chris Kautzman Clovis, CA

Rocket lawyer is a great way to do legal forms without hiring a lawyer on simple things in life like someone who owes you money, it has the papers and walks you thru the fill in part to make you look like a pro. I was very happy with my paper work, but I did not need to use them yet, but when the need arises in the future I will be back . I would recommend!

Jody Cox Norfolk, VA

It was very easy to create the corporate by laws for my company. I needed them for the PPP loan I got from the government. I had never had any nor the need for any. I canceled my account because I don't really need any of your services any more. Also $39.99 per month is an extravagant amount to basically keep you on retainer. I would have been happy to pay $5 or $10 for the service I used. Maybe you should start charging a la carte for your services.

Jeff Crowe Crozet, VA

Well first of all I cannot believe that Florida doesn't have a law on evicting squatters or a bum from your residence you have to go through the court system instead of calling a police officer and have them evicted. My experience with Rocket Lawyer was very user friendly and when I called to cancel my subscription they were very nice about it and didn't pressure me to keep using their web site.

Bruce Hainesport, NJ

I used Rocket Lawyer for a one time Confidentiality Agreement. At this time I do not need to continue the service, but as I progress, I see the benefit of maintaining the service for future business documents I will be needing on a regular basis. Signing up for the service was quick and easy, discontinuing the service was the same. The staff for cancelling were easy to access through you phone system, and the person I spoke to was polite, helpful, cheerful, and professional. Thank you Rocket Lawyer!

Dragoljub Cuk Los Angeles, CA

It was quick and easy way to obtain Storage Rental legal document without having to go to see attorney.

King Punigutu Blythewood, SC

I need to privacy act asap and you guys made it very easy for me. The process was a quicker then I expected. Thank you guys

PAOLA SARALEGUI Miami, FL

Good service !I needed a letter of authorization for my son to travel out of the country with my brother, it took me a few minutes to have it ready!

Danny Beamer Esmont, VA

Marcos was very helpful and extremely patient with me. He took time to explain options to me and how I could benefit from the services being offered. He was very nice and courteous on the phone.

rosemary ingram Red Oak, TX

McKenize was very helpful and knowledgeable of what I needed spoke very clearly had a friendly personality, continue the good work. She was quick and to the point of what I needed.

Pris Cantu Euless, TX

I spoke To Jacob today and he was straight to the point addressed my issue in about 1 minute! He was great! Thanks for hiring such an amazing person! I wish all operators were a good as he is

Monica Vinson Columbus, TX

Mrs R was a tremendous help. I couldn't have completed my document with out her. I was getting so upset before I called and wanted to throw the laptop across the room. But she gave me easy instructions on how to edit, complete and print my document. She is a life saver....

DR Ronnie Moore Annapolis, MD

Mr. Kevin was very professional and most of all very helpful in providing the best service moving forward. I thank him for resolving my issue with no hesitation. Rocket lawyer will always be my go to service. Thank you very much Mr. Kevin.

Brittney Mac Gregor Louisville, KY

I used Rocket Lawyer to draw up divorce papers when I was going through a divorce. This in the long run ended up saving me quite a bit of money. The legal papers based on your state are mostly legit. I did have to hire an attorney to be on the safeside, but saved big time by having just having him look over the divorce agreement that I drew up on Rocket Lawyer and making any necessary amendments. Because of that and because my ex and I were in agreeance with our terms, our divorce was speedy and reasonable priced. I will certainly be using Rocket Lawyer in the future for my contract needs.

Kim Zuniga Las Vegas, NV

Kevin was able to help me with my membership and was very pleasant. It was really nice to talk to such a happy and pleasant person to close out my very busy workday. Kevin is truly an asset to your company. Thanks again Kevin! ~Kim Z.

B scott walrond Greensboro, NC

I got the forms that I needed and they were certainly more than satisfactory. When I cancelled my subscription, I dreaded the process. Kevin P was very helpful and what a relief to hear a kind person on the other end of the phone. You certainly have a good person on your staff. You are lucky to have his as a representative of your company!!

Ted Baltimore, MD

The person that took my call was very good at explaining what Rocket Lawyer was all about. I have never paid for such a service but it was explained very well. I was not aware of a service that did what you do. I need a little time to closely review the entire website but I will do that as soon as I can. I have a small business in which I may need to build a form. I plan to be on your site soon to view what else is possible and to determine if the price is right for me and my service (Charter bus service).

Bianka Guerra Houston, TX

Wide variety of documents and very easy to use. I signed up for the free trial but didn’t end up needing the document after all. I called and requested a refund and was offered to downgrade to the $1 per month membership. The representative was very nice and resolved my issue quickly. Got my refund and decided to give the $1 membership a try.

Wayne Wilson Tampa, FL

This is a great service. I was able to develop the exact document that I needed with clear direction from the app for each thing that had to be accomplished. They honored my free 7 day service with NO hassle and their chat service was prompt and clearly defined. Thanks!

Anthony Anderson Plainfield, IL

Randy M. was EXTREMLY helpful with all of my questions and pointed me in the right direction so even though I had to cancel I will start a membership with Rocket Lawyer in the future because of Randy's AWESOME customer service and knowledge about who to talk to regarding the starting of our rental car business. Thanks again Randy!

Angelique Peters Michigan City, IN

Very easy to use and navigate your way around the site. Forms are easy to complete, print, email, etc. The customer service is fantastic as well. Everyone I have spoken with are nice, friendly, and eager to help. You don't see that much nowadays, so it's nice and refreshing when you do.

warren rasgo Buckeye, AZ

Their loan agreement document was easy to create. They allowed me to opt of their trial period without any hassles. The representative was very knowledgeable and shared a great offer choice which I may follow up and use Rocket Lawyer in the future.

Mary Zaudtke Saint Paul, MN

I appreciated that I was able to have help creating my operating document for LLC. In a world where everything is expensive I appreciated it was free. I was grateful that when I cancelled my free trial that the agent happy to help me and offered me other options but was not pushy. Thanks!

Carol Oswalt Winter Haven, FL

Victoria in Tech Services was professional, helpful, considerate and a GREAT ASSET to your company. She should get a raise. Just go back and listen to our conversation. She addressed every need, allowed me to take my time downloading some documents, and knew exactly what I was talking about regarding my "issues."

Orlando Soto Odessa, MO

There are many web base pages that claimed to help the customer 100%, I found out that is not the case. However when I came across Rocket Lawyer I felt really good plus I was able to ask questions and and get the proper answer and get my documents in the right way. Thank you for the job well done.

Bob K Vancouver, WA

I just needed the one document. Printed & filled it out. On presentation to the proper institution it effected the desired result immediately! My "live", local lawyer still has not responded to the very same issue. You saved the day for me!

Joe Milton, MA

I was selling a motorcycle and needed a bill of sale so i found rocket lawyer and found a bill of sale pdf I signed up for the free trial period and the sale was completed and everything worked out well. I called back and downgraded and canceled my free subscription which was done effortlessly thank you again Rocket Lawyer

Lisa Benson, AZ

I really liked that they had templates for basically everything you could ask for. I obtained a template for a Letter of Agreement and was so grateful for how easy it was to use and complete. Everything is already there just add what you need to add and done. To easy. If the need arises I will be using Rocket Lawyer in the future.

Linda Thomas Chicago, IL

The entire process of finding the legal document you NEED, understanding the legal terminology and filling it out to completion without an actual attorney makes this company OUTSTANDING in every way for ALL OF THE LAY PEOPLE in the world! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

John W Aiple O'Fallon, IL

I don't need much in legal documents but when I do Rocket Lawyer has been there. I would be more than happy to pay but my limited usage doesn't make sense to pay annual fees. Maybe a per document fee or a lesser annual fees with a set number of docs per year. But I do like the documents and the ease of use.

Jake Yasgur Malvern, PA

I would have like a page to add individual issues which I did an an addendum so it is a very minor recommendation. The process was easy and I am very happy to not need the old way of getting a blank at the store any more. PS: I stink with technology and use an I Pad and it went well for me. Thank you Rocket Lawyer

Martha Miami, FL

Rocket Lawyer makes it so easy to create documents. I needed a document in a hurry and Rocket Lawyer was able to make that happen! I would recommend Rocket Lawyer to everyone. As a matter of fact I already have a friend who will be using you.! Thank you for your service

justareview New Braunfels, TX

I like the concept of Rocket Lawyer and believe in it's benefits. Customer service was also very helpful. I may return in the future, however I only gave 3 stars because the change from the free trial to the membership is not clear, and I ended up paying more than I thought it would be.

Brian Curtis Irvine, CA

Rocket Lawyer allows me to get documents completed quick, accurately, without the need to go to a law firm that would charge me significantly more for a simple legal needs.

J Lvt

I use the site for legal documents and also as a resource in the businesses we own. It saves time and the wording is good and acceptable to other businesses we work with.