GoBank is a full featured, online checking account service. It's different from a traditional bank, financial institution, or credit union in that it only operates online. It operates through Green Dot Bank, one of the financial institutions available through Walmart. GoBank became available in October of 2014, designed as a checking account product for people on the go. It markets to low and moderate income individuals and families while often attracting customers who are dissatisfied with big bank policies. Assets are protected by FDIC, which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank. GoBank is a legit and real bank.

GoBank partners with Uber to provide a Uber Visa Debit Card exclusively to drivers.

CIT Bank chevron_right
1.6
Synchrony Bank chevron_right
1.4
starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Ease of Opening an Account
  • Features
  • Online Banking
  • Uber Visa Debit Card

Ease of Opening an Account

GoBank does everything a standard checking account does and has several attractive features. To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the GoBank mobile app to start your account. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Master Card debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

To open an account, you will need to provide GoBank with your name, address, birthdate, social security number (SSN), phone number, and other personal information. This information is used to confirm your identity and prevent fraud.

Features

A customer cannot be denied a checking account, as long as he or she has a valid state ID. GoBank does not use a credit bureau rating to screen potential clients. GoBank account holders only need to set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to avoid any fees. This deposit can come from any regularly occurring source, such as payroll or government income. Once that is arranged, bankers can rely on the following features:

• no overdraft, NSF, penalty, or annual fees
  • no minimum balance requirements
  • free monthly maintenance
  • early payroll deposit (averages 2 days before paper check)

If you overdraft your account and even if the account remains overdrawn for several days, there is no fee, as long as a direct deposits entering the account total $500 every month. So a minimum deposit is required to keep your account in overdraft.

GoBank users can deposit cash at participating retailers including 7-11, Walmart, Rite-Aid, CVS, or Walgreens. This will cost you a fee of up to $4.95. Though GoBank is an online-only bank, users can order personal checks to pay bills or pay people just like you could at a traditional bank. A pack of checks costs $5.95.

Online Banking

GoBankers also do not have to fret about banking hours and locations like you might have to with traditional banks, financial institutions, or credit unions. They can access their accounts on their iPhones, iPod Touch, Android device, computer, or inside of a participating Walmart store. In addition to receiving direct deposits, the GoBank checking account can:

• deposit checks
  • pay any bill
  • send money to anyone
  • send money to other GoBank account holders through email or text message
  • deposit funds into account using cash or debit card at any Walmart checkout
  • mail checks to anyone for free
  • withdraw funds at one of 42,000 ATM's for free
  • write checks from paper or free digital checkbook

Green Dot Bank includes two additional features that are not typically a part of a checking account: a Fortune Teller mobile app that  advises user to spend within their pre-set budget and Money Vault, a GoBank savings account that is unattached to the checking account.

See our Gobank reviews to see more opinions about Gobank.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loans, so if you receive a call offering you a GoBank loan, it is a scam. GoBank will not ask for your personal information like social security number, birthdate, or debit card number over phone or email. If someone asks you for this, they are not affiliated with GoBank and are committing fraud.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Uber created a benefit-heavy debit card exclusively for drivers. It's not common for a debit card to have perks or cash back like a credit card would. Though the card comes with cash back on some auto-related purchases and at Walmart and Sprint, the drawbacks and limitations might not be convincing enough to open an account if you are already satisfied with your current bank. See uber debit card review of GoBank and of its partnership with Uber below. People are really good about leaving accurate and up to date uber debit card review for others to see.

The Bad

• Direct Deposit
  • Other Limitations
  • Customer Complaints

Direct Deposit

GoBank account holders must have a direct deposit to qualify for an account. In addition to that, they will be charged an $8.95 fee and will continue to be charged each month until at least $500 enters the account through direct deposit. ATM's that are outside the GoBank network cost $2.50 to use and could charge additional fees. GoBank transactions that occur out of the United States have a 3% transaction fee. Accounts cannot exceed $50,000.

All cash deposits must be at least $20 and not exceed $1,100 per transaction; they cannot exceed $3000 within a 30 day timeframe. Income tax deposits cannot be made after June 2nd of the year it was filed. Account holders in Wyoming and Vermont cannot make cash deposits inside Walmart.

Other Limitations

Personal check deposits have a maximum limit of $2000 and could take as long as 10 days to process (first deposit limit is $500). Commercial checks (payroll, cashier, money order, business, etc.) cannot exceed $10,000 (first time is $5,000). Checks less than $5,000 will take up to 10 days to process; checks between $5,000 and $10,000 will 10 days. You cannot deposit government checks that are more than $5000.

Electronic payments take 2 to 3 days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24 hour timeframe.

If a debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to 4 weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed. Another report is that the online system has a lot of glitches. These are a definitely not a bonus for potential users.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loan services such as student loans, mortgages, personal loans, or business loans. This can be a huge negative for students who are looking for student loans. GoBank also does not offer a credit card, it only offers a GoBank debit card (Visa, MasterCard, and a special Uber Visa debit card). It also does not offer any cash back rewards. GoBank doesn't offer joint accounts.

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Complaints

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons. Without warning, a customer receives a notification that their account has closed. One complaint states that when she called GoBank about her account closing, she was told it was due to a suspicious mobile deposit. According to the customer, this was a recurring deposit from the same source, with the same signature, and the same amount. Another customer had the same problem happen with his payroll check.

There have also been reports of fraudulent use of the debit cards. This includes use of the uber debit card review. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and transferred funds that never got transferred. This can upset balance transfers and cause banking issues. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder, losing out on future account opening opportunities. Even though GoBank advertises that they have 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. This is super frustrating for instant pay, online purchases questions, credit score, points, statement credit, uber and lyft questions concerning the uber debit card review and uber app, overdraft fees, onboarding (such as online subscription services) and annual fee. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

For more common complaints, see our collection of GoBank reviews including the uber debit card review below.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for someone who for one reason or another, cannot open a standard bank account, or would be unable to afford it. Even to some who do not have those restrictions, it may be quite an attraction to have a checking account with no overdraft fees and no minimum balance. Without overdraft fees, you can still have overdraft protection and earn cash. It is also very convenient to mail paper checks for free or have an app tell you to pass up a purchase because it could unbalance your budget. It really is a free checking account. This makes it easy for account opening and transaction fees.

However, you MUST have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. If you lose your debit card or get it stolen it will take weeks before another one will be issued, and the funds cannot be accessed without it. It has several no fee options and free services that most banks do not, especially with such a small balance. However, there are some kinks that need to be ironed out so that the system operates more smoothly and efficiently. Those that use GoBank for online banking services can expect the following:
  1. Limited fees and penalties
  2. Online access to funds
  3. Deposit limitations

For more information, see the GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers. Though GoBank doesn't seem to do anything illegal, due to their awful experience, some customers feel that GoBank is a scam.

1.1

Vonsal B Haden
October 25th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

My wife and I purchased a go bank card at Walmart and loaded $150 a week ago we have not received our money on the card or a refund we called customer service over 10 times and no satisfaction we filled we being robbed we done everything go bank required for a refund and still no satisfaction customer service reps are uninformed all with conflicting answers ..please look up our case the name is Lillian B thank you

John Stofan
October 25th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ

Terrible bank. No one in custimer service can clearly speak English. Can't get my funds back from an overcharge even though the business sent me a copy of a deposit they made refunding the money and the bank has the funds. They keep asking for the same information even though it was sent by email to the email address they provide. At 70 years old I feel senior abuse is taking place. Someone needs to file a lawsuit against this bank so changes are made. Just so frustrating and with dealing with the incompetent staff.

Uber Driver
October 25th, 2019 Pomona, CA DETAILS

Uber drivers, DO NOT bank with GoBank! My account was compromised while I still had my debit card in my possession. Lost $1,245 including my hard-earned Uber earnings! Originally I thought I lost $759.00 of my earning from Uber but then my account updated and I noticed other transactions that I did not do which totaled to $1,245. I sent a dispute form and it took the Dispute Resolution Department 1 month to respond to me only to tell me that my transactions are valid and will remain on my account and the only supporting document they sent along with this letter is a copy of all my transactions. That tells me they were lazy in that all they did was re-print all my transactions from the moment I opened the account and sent a letter of rejection. They did not attempt to analyze my transactions and it is so clear that I do not spend that much money in a day based on my previous transaction history. Most of these unauthorized were gas or atm withdrawals. The theif would spend $100 worth of gas sometimes 3 times in a day and then it would be followed by ATM Cash Advance Fees. I used to use the ATM cash advance fees when I first opened this account but then I quickly learned about the free ones that GoBank shows on the search map and I was only using the free atms which are named as "Cartronics" on the transaction list. I rarely use the ATms Cash Advance unless I can't find any Free ones that are open which usually are located in stores and the one I regularly go to is the CVS store. My theory is that one of these FREE CVS Atms was hacked because I read an article that those can be easily hacked and this GoBank card doesn't have a chip. Or someone hacked one of the Atms machines at one of the gas stations I went to. My other theory is the Gas system GoBank uses and it works like this. If you get gas that same gas station will take out money from your account and then put it back but sometimes it will be alot of money and its never a fixed amount but instead it can be random from $20 to your entire balance. In fact one time the gas station pulled out everything I had in my account that I now I couldn't put anything for gas until they put it back which can take minutes or hours. One time I put most of my money in the vault so that I only had what I needed for gas and when I then transfered everything back, the gas station was still able to pull out money but then they put it back. I asked GoBank why do they do this and they say it's because they need to check if there are sufficient funds in the card but they always return it back. Lastly GoBank never sent me a notification to freeze my account like most banks do when they notice an odd transaction. I had to call them myself to ask them and out of frustration and because I was going to be receiving new earings from that week, I asked them to close the account because I didn't want my new earnings to be stolen as well. In closing my account I was able to contact GoBank by phone a couple more times but if I try to call them now, I cannot because there is no option to select for people that closed their accounts. And like I mentioned, I closed it because I didn't want my New Uber earnings to be stolen and I no longer felt safe using their banking service. Still I should be able to contact them regarding the funds that were stolen and be able to continue disputing. Also, I tried contacting police about it but it seems that police will not do anything unless the bank deems the transactions as fraudulent. I contacted Uber about this in the app and their staff copy's and pastes the same response to with GoBanks contact info, they don't even read my message or the fact that I can't contact them yet they still post the same message with Gobank's contact info which means they either use some type of robot to answer questions in the app or their staff is lazy and don't read my entry entirely. Therefore, GoBank is able to get away with this. Uber needs to put GoBank in Check because Uber partnered with them and it's not okay to allow this to happen to your drivers who work hard only to have their hard work stolen which can potentially ruin lives. That money can be someones rent or their credit card payments that can now be closed or their car payment which for Uber drivers who rent a car, that could be the end of their work. Thankfully for me I had savings and I and have another debit card with Chase (which I can vouch that they are trustworthy, they have chip and they will return your money out of their insurance whenever your account is compromised while they continue the investigation on their end) so I could continue working and earning for my next weeks car rental but this is still not okay. Uber needs to protect its drivers and put GoBank in check.

ANGEL FUENTES
October 21st, 2019 Elgin, IL

The worst bank in history...they are holding my funds...it's been over 5 weeks....WARNING, DO NOT BANK WITH THIS SOUL CALLED BANKS...YOU WILL REGRET IT....

mas
October 21st, 2019 North, SC

the only experience with go bank is they keep trying to debit my bank for a monthly withdrawal and shutting down my account. cant call anybody cant e mail , cant get in touch with a single human

Richard Yant
October 17th, 2019 DETAILS

I had some transactions I clearly did not MA from another state. Bye bye hard earned money

Jana
October 15th, 2019 Edgewater, FL DETAILS

Worst bank I have ever dealt with. Deposits take 11 days to clear. Also, currently have a pending charge that is a duplicate of one that was cleared 9 days ago. I spoke with customer service and they said they cannot do anything at this time, even with info and proof fr merchant that they only charged me once. So GoBank CS states that duplicate charge will have to clear first before I can even begin a dispute. 9 days and counting in pending. I want my money back.

Why
October 15th, 2019 Mt. Pleasant, SC DETAILS

Very pissed I had a transaction that I didn’t purchase and they can’t refund my money back !

Cheryl Reese
October 10th, 2019 Aberdeen, MS DETAILS

My money was transferred for no charge between my GoBank account and my account at another bank. I love it!!!

Brenda Leavy
October 8th, 2019 Manchester, NH DETAILS

Fantastic I have never had any issues. Love how they have no hidden fees. They tell you when you are charged for something. The monthly fee is waived if you have so much in your direct deposit. I highly recommend them to everyone I know.

Alicia Perrine
October 4th, 2019 Peoria, IL DETAILS

I was a 5 star Uber driver for over a year when I opened my Uber Go Bank account and, as a driver, there are some good features (i.e. cash back rewards, Uber will cover a regular driver up to $100 or more in the red, instant pay, etc). My initial opinion, therefore, was quite positive. However, I had a dispute with a company that was supposed to rent me a car for short term use while mine was in the shop for service and GoBank sided with the company who had $450+ of my money. Mind you, the company had my money and did not provide me the rental car I paid for, I provided all paperwork requested to dispute the transaction, I spoke with multiple GoBank agents and I informed GoBank that the other company would not even respond to my many phone calls, messages, emails, etc. It took 6 months for the OTHER company to suddenly recognize their error and refund my money. GoBank did NOTHING to help the process. In addition, they REFUSE to change my billing address despite multiple requests and submission of several documents as requested by their phone system and live agents. They took an entire week (7 full days) to credit a payroll check deposited by mobile app drawn on Bank of America and issued by a major corporation. And, despite their ASAP Deposit claim, my direct deposit is taking 2 days longer than it was issued to them. They provide the WORST customer service I have ever experienced and I would give them ZERO stars if possible. I have told them this directly, asked many times for help and I am closing this account the minute I can withdraw all my money.

Rene Torres
September 30th, 2019 Washington, DC

The worst Bank I've ever dealt with. Made a purchase at Express.com. Lost my debit card used for the original purchase and decided to put the refund on my Gobank. The store rep said that's OK to do so. Gobank blocked my card and I have about $900 in the account and send them original receipts of purchased and they want a different receipts every time I call, they always come up with something different and not willing to release my money. I might need to get a lawyer to get this but be aware and they always have an excuse to steal your money.

Christine Vasquez
September 26th, 2019 Fond du Lac, WI

I was leary at first because the bank is digital not a physical place I could go visit. But I have had no issues with my bank or my bank card. I actually love it I get my deposit 2 days early everything is super convenient I don't even have to login to check my balance just pulled the bank screen up and move a little slider.

rik richards
September 26th, 2019 Kingston, OK

SUDDENLY a Gobank Card is attached to my PayPay. GoBank has NO LIVE PEOPLE, just a computer that only allows you to access them, IF, you choose from their pre programmed responses. THIS MUST BE A SCAM

Marguerite R Gordon
September 26th, 2019 DETAILS

The worst Bank I've ever dealt with getting paid early is not even worth dealing with this bank. I deposited $2,000 at Walmart on the the card they only applied $1,500 of it and took 3 days just for them to refund my money. Than rented a car they held the deposit and weekly fees and on top took and paid the total balance out my account and never put my money back in my account which was being held, I called about 3 weeks later to see what's the hold up they act like I didn't know what I was talking about just so I screen shots my account daily they talking about they couldn't see it I'll be darn I see it the representative couldn't help so she said she was going to pass it to management which will be calling within the next 72 hours however they never called so I called back them ___ people said they will refund every transaction 60 days from the date of the transaction omg I'm done.

Stacy
September 24th, 2019 Bentonville, AR DETAILS

App is pretty awesome with a lot of options. Easy to add money. Luv it!

dave
September 23rd, 2019 Fillmore, IN DETAILS

Direct deposit from employer is always available 2-days early for me, which is nice. Been banking for 1 1/2 years and never had a problem. Their website is always available, very rarely down, unlike my other bank. No regrets!

Steven
September 19th, 2019 Chattanooga, TN DETAILS

5-10 BUSINESS day check hold times; $3-5 ATM fees (not including the ATM's cost); random card declines even when you have sufficient funds (which support can't even see). Get literally any other card.

Catherine Jennings
September 19th, 2019 Danville, IL

We have 2 separate accounts, mine & my husbands. We have had no problems with anything. We use our debit cards, checks and have EBT’s taken out of both accounts.

Gloria
September 17th, 2019 Mercedes, TX DETAILS

Very handy, useful, cost effective alternative to having checking account.

lori deyo
September 17th, 2019 Mountain Top, PA DETAILS

i had gobank to use for my deposits from college and its been one headache after another. i had 2 transactions taken out of $120.00 then after i complained they had to give me a new card,,,so i had 38.00 left and tried transfering it to paypal well its lost. now they are having a big deal of giving my money back...this is ridiculous.

Starlet
September 11th, 2019 Oktaha, OK

I love the ease and convenience of my GoBank account and the app! I can pay all my bills from the app. No having to buy stamps! I also love that it’s completely free to use! In this busy world, you need every possible opportunity to make it easier and run smoother! Thanks GoBank for making my life easier!! One more thing, ABSOLUTELY NO OVERDRAFT FEES.......EVER!

Ariel
September 6th, 2019 Chicago, IL

THIS BANK IS NOTHING BUT A FRAUD. THEY ARE THE SCAMMERS THEMSELVES. MY CARD WAS USED IN TWO DIFFERENT STATES, LEFT MY ACCOUNT NEGATIVE. YOU CAN DISPUTE ALL YOU WANT, THEY WILL NOT APPROVE ANY DISPUTED TRANSACTIONS. NOBODY SPEAKS PROPER ENGLISH HERE. YOU ARE DEFINITELY BETTER OFF CLOSING YOUR ACCOUNT WITH THIS BANK. THEY ARE THIEVES AND STEAL YOUR HARD EARNED MONEY! PLEASE DON'T OPEN ACCOUNT WITH THEM. IT WILL SAVE YOU A LOAD OF STRESS.

Mauro
September 6th, 2019 Orlando, FL

No physical address or any bank office. Limited places for make any deposit. Bad customer service. Is you have any dispute takes 45 By 3 different times someone clone my debit card.

Taylor Vining
September 4th, 2019 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS

Go bank it's one of the best Banks I have ever had. When my fellow to-worries get paid on Friday I get paid on Tuesdays. They give you the option to save money by using their vault feature and make paying bills easy.

Marjory H.
September 4th, 2019 Winter Garden, FL

Go bank is a great alternative to people who are unable to get a bank account. It was a great option for my son while he was working on getting his credit repaired.

Nicole Wheat
August 27th, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I love that I get my direct deposit early! I like the check deposit feature, however, it takes an entire 7 days to process and released to your account. This is the huge downside to the feature. I won't use that feature again which sucks.

Eddy
August 26th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

Stay away from this pseudo bank, associates are working in other countries and they will get rid of you if you give them too much work. Money CAN disappear and never comeback.

Robin
August 22nd, 2019 Sandston, VA

I can use my card anyway I've rented cars with it. I get my paycheck a day early. I really like this card

rk101
August 22nd, 2019 Fishers, IN

Easy to deposit /take money with access in walmarts and cvs

Rick
August 20th, 2019 Richmond, VA DETAILS

Run, don't walk, away from this scam organization. A couple weeks ago, I made a gas purchase with my Uber Go Bank debit card. The merchant mistakenly entered 2, instead of 1, "holds" on my account to ensure that there would be enough funds to cover the tank of gas. On the 1st hold, it was correctly released when the purchase price posted to my Go Bank account, and that hold disappeared in favor of the actual purchase amount. However, the incorrect hold that was placed (for $76) stayed, and stayed, and stayed ... thus, keeping access to these funds from me. I contacted the gas merchant and they advised that I had to go through the bank, so I called Go Bank ... 4 times!!! Finally they removed the hold, but get this, they didn't credit my account back with the $76 that was held and that they now removed. I argued until I was blue in the face with a quasi English-speaking Go Bank agent, who insisted that the $76 was already added back into my account .... it wasn't. I had her add-up all the transactions on both sides of the ledger, debits and credits, and she was able to finally see that the $76 was, indeed, missing. Now she says they cannot replenish the $76 until the 20th! I have to believe that there must be a FDIC banking violation of some kind involved in this mess. These Go Bank people are absolutely, 100% clueless, and Uber must be too to keep recommending the "Uber Go Bank Debit Card." RUN, DON'T WALK!!!!!

Tommy
August 16th, 2019 Granbury, TX DETAILS

If I could give GoBank zero stars, I would. Here is my complaint. I wrote a letter to GoBank disputing an unauthorized and illegal charge made using my card after it had been stolen. They denied my dispute claiming I had authorized the transaction. I will be closing my account and I urge others to do likewise. When I asked them to provide me with their written policy on unauthorized transactions, they informed me they have no written policy and that they just use their discretion. I asked what would have happened if I had not canceled my card after receiving a text notification of its use (which is how I realized it was not in my possession) and they told me they could not answer the question. That leaves the possibility that I could be left liable for thousands of dollars in unauthorized and illegal transactions.

Jolene Yeado
August 16th, 2019 Colorado Springs, CO DETAILS

I have had OK everything with this card. I disputed 3 charges about a month ago. Nothing was ever resolved. Now I have had them "hold/pend" almost $300 for almost a week for a gas purchase that went thru immediately. Which is causing other bills to bounce. I call & get the run around, asked for a manager, got a supervisor that hung up on me rather then send me to a manager like I requested. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!

ceebee
August 16th, 2019 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS

I have used the direct deposit feature for uber visa for about a year. No issues til this morning, same employer, same everything, now my work pay is not showing on my go bank card and the numbers they have listed tell you they cannot help you right now to log in online or go to the app.

JoeMomma
August 13th, 2019 Reno, NV DETAILS

Careful with GoBank. They entice you to use direct deposits through your employer. Soon as they get a sizable deposit, they block access to your account and accuse you of suspicious activity. WTF? I didn't make the deposit. Nobody has questioned the deposit and GoBank refuses to put in writing what is suspicious about the deposit. They know both my company and I are seeing for their fraudulent activities. File a complaint with FDIC online. It's free and hopefully after enough complaints will be scrutinized by the US Gov't. It just takes up to 60 days to get any resolution regardless of what you do. These people need to be put out of business asap.

Christine
August 13th, 2019 Woonsocket, RI DETAILS

If I could give no stars I would! I put money on it go bank debit visa and cannot activate it like thousands of other people. Your best bet is to call visa. When I did they transferred me to someone live for go bank. They told me to wait two business days for the financial department to call me back. I already know I’m not going to get a call back. I just want my money back!

Mike Hunt
August 11th, 2019 Fayetteville, NC DETAILS

I have had my GoBank account for about 2 years and I never had any problems or issues until about 3 months ago. My online account all of sudden I could not add any payees to pay my monthly bills. My GoBank mobile app did not allow me to deposit any checks and in the past I must have deposited at least 50 checks. I called the toll-free number on the back of my card and I had to wait at least 30 minutes before someone finally got on the phone. The person on the phone could barely speak English and I had to keep repeating myself. They informed me they would open a support ticket and someone would get back to me in 2 business days. 5 business days someone called me back and the person said to me, "After reviewing your account there is nothing wrong". I replied, "If there was nothing wrong then why can't I add any payees or deposit any checks with my GoBank mobile app?". The imbecile replied, "Sorry, I will have to open another support ticket and someone will get back to you within 2 business days". That was another complete waste of time and I got so fed up with this lousy bank I went online and transferred over $10,000 I had in the account in $500.00 amounts until my account was at a $0.00 balance. I called them and closed my account and I cut the debit card in half and threw it in the garbage where it belonged. GoBank sucks all the way around...!

Jared Lima
August 6th, 2019 Brownsville, TN DETAILS

The worst company EVER!!! THEY WILL LOCK YOUR CARD. BLOCK TRANSFER AND TRANSACTIONS. AND WILL DICTATE HOW YOU SPEND YOUR MONEY!!! CLOSING MY ACCOUNT ASAP!!

Kevin
July 31st, 2019 Nashville, TN DETAILS

They promise a debit card in 7 days, and almost a month later I still have no card and no access to my funds. They refuse to send card with tracking number even though it's my third card they are sending. Terrible service. Avoid if you can.

ABUL
July 29th, 2019 Austin, TX DETAILS

My card was skimmed and someone took $100 from the card. GoBank is saying it's a valid transaction! Literally, it was a $100 gas purchase, 200miles away from me! Now I have to prove I'm innocent. Reported them to BBB, FBI and CPFB.

Shaun
July 26th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

I reported my card lost, it has been two weeks and I haven't received anything. I can't talk to anybody, and if I do they barely speak English. This "bank" is terrible. I have NO access to my money which is extremely inconvenient. I would not recommend this bank to my worst enemy!!!

Michele Anderson
July 24th, 2019 Battle Ground, WA DETAILS

FRAUD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I noticed my bank account was 0. I found 2 fraudulent charges for the exact same amount 2 days apart and called go bank. The representative said well your money has been put aside to pay them. I told them to stop payment it was a fraud. She said we have to let it go through, then you can file a claim. and guess what?!! Now their phone number doesn't work. I feel victimized by the crooks and by this alleged bank. anyone have suggestions on what to do?

Frank Sims
July 19th, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

Go Bank is the worst company I have ever had the displeasure of dealing with. If I could give them MINUS 3 BILLION STARS, I would. I reported my card lost. Been 3 weeks and I STILL haven't received a replacement. You can't TALK to anyone. Yes, GoBank sucks the big kohuna!

Conrad
July 19th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

DO NOT PUT ANY MONEY IN THIS JOKE OF A BANK!!!!!!! Over $1900 was stolen from my account and after their "Investigation" they refused to refund my money. I did not make or authorize these charges. I have never been to Applebee's much less would I ever spend $150 there. I filed a complaint with the BBB and the FDIC. I also intend to file a lawsuit if necessary to recover my money. I am a Uber driver and I thought this "Bank" was legitimate.

Anonumous
July 15th, 2019 Cedartown, GA DETAILS

Ive had several times where a purchase was made and I know I never used my card for the purchases. So Ive had money here and there just come up missing out of my account and I totally don't agree with all the extra charges and I still have not found an ATM where its free to withdrawal any money. If I was to add up all the fees and extra charges, I would be sick. So this bank needs a lot of work. DO BETTER!

Heather
July 15th, 2019 Lumberton, TX DETAILS

I was a GoBank customer for several years and recently closed my account! Over the years I have had several issues but the most recent one pushed me over the edge! My card was about to expire so I called to request my replacement. Not only did they never update my new address but they sent my card to my old address. When I informed them for the 5th time I no longer even live in that city and have no way to get my card I was told I could not do anything at that time. 4 weeks pass and I called again to request another card and was informed that I still could not request another card for a additional 3 weeks!! So basically I have no way to access my money or do anything because they sent my card to the wrong address. And they believe it’s ok for their customers to go weeks without a debit card and had zero concern about the mistakes they made and the trouble they caused. RIDICULOUS!

Emily Womack
July 12th, 2019 Midlothian, VA

Gobank is completely out of line, unprofessional, incompetent and unwilling to work with their customers! I I've been using this bank for 3 to 4* years and I've never ever disputed a transaction. On May 19th of this year that all changed when my card information was skimmed and copied onto another card and used over a hundred miles away from where I live. These criminals got away with $170.35 before I was able to stop them by canceling my card. I have been denied this claim twice already although I have provided enough evidence to prove my location, my spending habits and just about anything that could determine the opposite result of their supposed investigation. Yesterday, July 8th 2019, I received a letter dated May 29th of 2019. This letter says that it is to inform me that they have made a final determination regarding the claim. The merchant has identify the error and has issued Credit in the amount of $170.35. They say the credit has been provided is considered permanent and any applicable fees have been reversed and then they apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused me. This money was never put back into my account. When I contacted them again last night and spoke to agents for nearly an hour he said this letter must have been sent by mistake. Like I said completely incompetent and unprofessional. I will not stop fighting for the money that was stolen from me. We should feel safe with our money left in the hands of these so-called Banks.

Amber
June 27th, 2019 Roanoke, VA DETAILS

The company is a scam. I got a card through Uber, because they automatically send one. I lost my card and tried to get a new one. They told me I couldn't verify my birthday so they couldn't do anything. I had to go through 3 people and a supervisor before they told me Uber sent them my information so Uber must have it wrong (Uber have a copy of my ID and ran a background, I doubt they have it wrong). I was told the only thing I could do was cancel the account and start a new one. I asked how I would receive my money still in the account if I did that. They could not tell me because my birthday was unverified. I could verify every other piece of information on the account and offered to send a picture of my ID to prove it. Nope! They didn't allow it. They refused to let me escalate and talk to a higher up. My wife signed up for her own card (before this happened). I recently transferred money over to her account from my PayPal. The balance in the GoBank account never changed from what it was before we transferred the money. She called today, 4 days after the transfer, to figure out the issue. They told us the money transferred but we spent it. How we spent the money before we got it, is beyond me, especially since there are no transactions posted. They also told us the amount was negative $4, even though it was not showing in the account. Apparently, Shell gas station held an extra $5 for getting gas (which they sometimes do) but they just didn't post it this time (but they always do) and a week later hasn't released the hold. Normally it takes, at most, 2 days to release the hold. GoBank tried to steal money from both accounts. We will not be using them again and we highly suggest no one else does unless you want money to go missing.

Lara
June 25th, 2019 San Diego, CA

I have now had several incidents of deposits not accurately being credited to my account, as well as gas stations pre-authorizations not being credited back, despite multiple calls to customer service. You have to watch your balance like a hawk! And if something doesn’t get credited, expect to wait days and multiple calls to customer service to resolve it.

Bob Dole
June 18th, 2019 Barkhamsted, CT DETAILS

I've had go bank card through uber for 2 years. I didnt use it for 7 months. Never had an issue when I started using it again out of the blue. Never lost money. Never had any issues what so ever. Maybe I'm lucky but I'd recommend go bank to anyone looking for a debt card not using a traditional brick and mortar bank.