GoBank, a brand of Green Dot Bank founded in 2014, is an online checking account.

To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the mobile app to start your account. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Mastercard debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

It is important to note that GoBank assets are protected by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank.

Continue reading for pros and cons of this online bank, as well as GoBank reviews from real customers.

#1 BBVA Compass chevron_right
2.2
#3 Capital One 360 chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• Award-Winning Mobile App
  • Monthly Fee Waiver
  • Easily Transfer and Receive Funds
  • Large ATM Network
  • Deposit Cash Nationwide
  • Uber Visa Debit Card

Award-Winning Mobile App

To take full advantage of what GoBank has to offer, customers are encouraged to download its mobile app.

Through the app, customers can check their balance, view their transaction history, find free ATMs, deposit checks, send money to other GoBank cards, and receive account alerts.

The app also includes the following helpful, and unique, features:

• Fortune Teller — An exclusive feature to the GoBank mobile app. After building a budget on the app, Fortune Teller checks against your balance, budget, and a purchase amount to see if your next purchase will fit your budget.
  • Money Vault — If you want to set a certain amount of money aside, you can put it in the Money Vault for safe keeping. You can move money in and out whenever you want to, allowing you to set money aside as needed.

The app is available for both Android and iOS.

Monthly Fee Waiver

GoBank will waive the $8.95 monthly fee for your card account if you have signed up for Direct Deposit and have a monthly payroll or government benefits deposit of at least $500.

Easily Transfer and Receive Funds

Through the GoBank mobile app, you can easily send and receive money in just a matter of minutes.

It is important to note that money can only be transferred from your GoBank card to another GoBank card and vice versa. This makes it easy if many of your friends and family are GoBank customers, but if they are not it may not be an ideal way to send money.

Large ATM Network

Unique for an online banking service, GoBank has a massive free ATM network available for its customers. Through the GoBank app you can easily see the nearest ATMs to you.

Please note that for withdrawals made outside of the GoBank ATM network, you will be charged a $3 fee in addition to any other fees that the ATM owner may charge.

Deposit Cash Nationwide

GoBank makes it easy to deposit cash to your checking account at over 100,000 retail locations nationwide. This cash deposit service will cost you up to $4.95, or $0 at Walmart locations, and the process is simple and easy. At a participating location, you ask the cashier at the register to deposit cash directly to your GoBank card, and those funds should be available in your account within minutes.

It is important to note that this service is not available in the state of Vermont.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Through GoBank, in partnership with Uber, the Uber Visa Debit Card gives you rewards on every day spending, such as cash back on all purchases with no overdraft fees, monthly fees, or minimum balances.

It is important to note that this card provides larger cash back rewards at specific locations such as, Exxon and Mobil, Advance Auto Parts, and Jiffy Lube.

The Bad

• Multiple Fees
  • Paper Check Deposit Stipulations
  • Slow Electronic Payments
  • Missing Card Response
  • Account Closure Process
  • Customer Reviews

Multiple Fees

GoBank has multiple fees to be aware of:

• $8.95 monthly fee which can be waived if you meet certain criteria
  • Out-of-network ATM fee of $3 if you withdraw money from an ATM outside of GoBank's network
  • Cash deposit fee up to $4.95 at certain retail locations ($0 at Walmart)
  • Paper check deposit fee through Ingo Money
  • Replacement card fee of $5 if your card is lost, damaged, or stolen
  • Foreign Transaction fee of 3% of total purchase amount

Paper Check Deposit Stipulations

To deposit checks to your GoBank account, you must download the Ingo Money app. This may be inconvenient for consumers looking to do all their banking in one app.

Ingo will generally accept checks from $5 to $5,000, and you are limited to how much you can deposit per day and per month. Your funds should be available to you within minutes, but for a fee. Checks deposited through Ingo require a fee of 2 percent for payroll and government benefit deposits with a pre-printed signature, 5 percent for all other checks, with a $5 minimum fee per check.

Slow Electronic Payments

Electronic payments take two to three days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24-hour timeframe.

Missing Card Response

If your GoBank debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to four weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed and you may be charged a cancellation fee for the missing card.

Account Closure Process

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Reviews

Of the more than 370 GoBank reviews, 90 percent of customers gave GoBank a 1-star rating.

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons, in addition to frequent reports of fraudulent use of GoBank debit cards. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and intended funds that were never completed. This can upset balance transfers and cause banking issues. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder, losing out on future account opening opportunities.

Even though GoBank advertises that it has 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. This is super frustrating for customers with questions about instant pay, online purchases, credit scores, points, statement credit, as well as Uber and Lyft questions concerning the Uber Visa Debit Card. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for people on the go who want to avoid working with big, traditional banks.

Those who choose to use GoBank's services can expect limited fees and penalties, online access to funds, and deposit limitations.

It is important to note that you must have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. In addition, if you lose your debit card or it is stolen, it could take weeks before another is issued, and your funds cannot be accessed without a card.

View Best Online Bank Companies

For more information, see GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers.

1.3

Shawnta Brewton

January 23rd, 2021 Hamtramck, MI

I Received a GO2bank card in the mail thinking I was gonna get my stimulus payments and haven’t seen a dime and was getting puzzled on why haven’t I gotten it already. So started to do a lil digging on my own researching about this card only to Discover why in the hell was I mail this card I my didn’t apply for I need answers can anybody tell me if this a scam and to report it right away

Yagadah

January 21st, 2021 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Do not and I mean do not bank with this company. Their customer service is worse than horrible. I attempted to withdraw money from the one of the ATMs they suggest using and the Atm debited my account and did not provide the money. I called for file a dispute and it’s been over one month still no resolution. I provided the receipt from the atm saying the atm could not provide the money at the time and still no resolution. A provisional credit you ask, no, I have not even received one of those. I was instructed that IF the dispute took longer than 10 business days and I mail a letter to their P.O. Box that I could receive a provisional credit. I mailed the letter and during holiday season in a pandemic, they informed me they did not receive my letter within 10 business days. I was not made aware the letter had to be received within 10 business days. During holiday season of a pandemic, they received the letter on the 11 business day. I later found out that the letter could have been emailed which I would have done because who wouldn’t have. I called and called only to be received with long holds and empty promises. Christmas Eve I goto withdraw 300 and almost a month later (1-20-21) during a pandemic, I still don’t have my money. They have no locations or no banks I can goto so instead I can only hope and pray. Do not bank with them please!!

Do NOT Bank With GOBANK

January 20th, 2021 New Orleans, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This bank does not have a branch for you to go into, so if you lose your card and need money you are assed out. I inquired on getting my card expedited as the representative mentioned! but only certain accounts qualify! But yet him or his rude supervisor couldn't say which accounts. please note I will not be banking with them any longer

Abel Barsegyan

January 13th, 2021 Glendale, CA

What kind of company sends a debit card ready for activation without your approval. Should be shut down! Can’t speak to customer service unless you activate your card! Horrible! Scam!!!

Miss Lo

January 11th, 2021 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

AVOID THIS ILLEGITIMATE BANK!! They are a SCAM! Someone stole my card and emptied my account. Gobank gave me the run around as far as getting my money back only To tell me a month later (today) that THEY DENIED MY DISPUTE CLAIM. I was told I would Have to find the merchant and have them give me a refund. I was on the phone with GOBANk when the second transaction came put of my account. They said my money was still In my account but that was a lie! I told them I needed my Money to feed my kids (this was December 11, 2020) yet they did not care or file a dispute. I had to wait 11 days before they filed and then another 7-10 days for a refund. I was just told via email this morning that they denied my claim. I was also told they CANNOT STOP PAYMENTS SO THE LARGE SUM I HAD COMING INTO MY ACCOUNT WAS IS AT RISK! They are a total scam and I am reporting them everywhere I can!!! Avoid the headache and do not put yourself in the position to be out of money like me. I am so pissed off!!

Devin Spicer

December 23rd, 2020 Charleston, SC

FRAUDULANT BANK I USED THIS BANK AS DIRECT DEPOSIT ON DECEMBER 3rd I GET PAID WEEKLY HAVENT RECEIVED ANY OF MY CHECKS CUSTOMER SERVICE KEEPS HANGING UP ON ME I HAVE BILLS TO PAY WITH NO MONEY THEY SAY IT TAKES 1-2 PAY PERIODS WELL IM IN THE THIRD PAY PERIOD WITH NO DEPOSIT SHOWING ON MY ACCOUNT BUT MY EMPLOYER IS SHOWING ME THEY DEPOSITED THE MONEY IN MY ACCOUNT ITS XMAS TIME WITH NO MONEY TO PAY BILLS THIS IS HORRIBLE I WILL BE CONTACTING A LAWYER DO NOT USE THIS BANK IM BEGGING YOU PLEASE DONT THEY ARE THEIVES

vic armaly

December 22nd, 2020 Eastpointe, MI

I am a Uber driver, so they offered me go bank debit card and told me I could instantly get paid my checking account, there is no help and go bank to help you to set it up, I called customer service and handsome lady from India with a rooster in the Background. And hung up on me, what happened to customer service where they understand you, I will not use their card and their customer support sucks

Mark Nash

December 22nd, 2020 Chicago, IL

I made a mistake and gave you a star only cuz I thought I had to I just want to make sure you don't take any more money from Mark Nash Pekin Illinois because I ain't authorizing it I didn't authorize it the first place you guys took $40 for me a man I have to pay a lawyer $ $5 to review what kind of crap is that you guys are like the worst hardest to get to nobody to talk to your all price sitting around your underwear riding treadmills not answering the freaking phone dang I had to give you a star I couldn't submit it

Randall

December 17th, 2020 Valparaiso, IN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst bank I have ever dealt with. A cruise line sent me a refund almost 3 months ago and GoBank doesn’t see anything. I don’t have $700 to give away. They are the worst with helping their customers. Also I have never spoken to anyone from the states. No more speaks go English. I might need to get a lawyer and also file charges with the BBB

William Warren

December 12th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Total scam. Allowed me to open an account without an ID and then froze it claiming suspicious activity when there was no suspicious activity. Then after I was finally able to get an ID they had already closed my account and sent the money that was in my account back to the sender. Their customer service is a joke too!

Clayton

November 21st, 2020 Thorofare, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Without any warning, GoBank now throws in cash deposit fees. Each one is $5 at Walmart. Would've been nice to know before the surprise at the register.

Tonja Knutson

November 15th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a very bad online bank. They hang up on you when you ask to speak with a supervisor about unlawful behavior, actions and abuse on their part. I called in to speak with someone about being charged for them sending out a new card without telling me that I would be charged. I got the run around and hung up on 7 times. Don’t waste your time unless you want mistreatment.

Robert Wear

November 15th, 2020 Oklahoma City, OK DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like it for the free load at walmart, I have tried a few 7-11s, they didn't support it. Other than that it is a very good deal. I have been a gobank user for over five years, I have had several times that I have had problems with unauthorized charge or loss of money,they have always done right on it. Sometimes it takes a little bit to settle. And the vault is awesome.

mike walker

November 14th, 2020 Hartford, WI

I had $110.00 stolen from my account as "money sent". The persons name and email are shown on my account online. I reported this immediately and received a reply that after reviewing the complaint it was not determined to be fraud.???? This is on the Go Bank Uber debit card. I am done with this BS bank. Time to find a more secure relationship. This is a Banana Republic joke of a bank!!!

Tamra Harmon

November 7th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

my deposit was stolen before i got my card with my name on it at a walmart in another state? how did do that without my starter card and without a pin?

Bruce Ellerbusch

November 5th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I can't talk to a person about cashing my debt card because I forgot my password. What a nightmare. The next ? Have you ever been a customer? I would if I could get passed my password I forgot.

Aleah Peterson

November 3rd, 2020 Ballston Lake, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They do not have good costumer service, I keep calling and calling to get my account deleted... But they will not do so even after all of these monthly fees. I want my account cancelled as I no longer work or have money to maintain the account. This site is a fraud... I will report this to the Federal Trade Commission, it is stupid they will not close my account after getting my account to zero. That is a lie!

Roger Ethington

November 2nd, 2020 Queen Creek, AZ

I have no accounts with GOBank but received a card I never requested. Fearing some of my personal information may be compromised called the 888 number on the card. Was hung up on twice but with persistence, eventually got transferred to their "fraud division" where "Jen" a somewhat English speaking representative tried to assist. After 5 attempts she was able to correctly get the card number. Although I could hear her (her kids and dog) easily she would frequently say "so sorry, you breaking up, too much static". I requested a supervisor but.... "high call volume, no supervisor available", Through continued broken English I was advised to cut the card and call back later to try for a supervisor. This has already taken 30 minutes to get this far ! I have zero confidence in this organization and fear I may be caught in a scam. I will never do business with Go Bank and would advise others no too also.

Diana

November 2nd, 2020 Lakeland, FL

I never opened this account but I can’t get anyone on the phone to assist me. I need help

Olivia Duncan

October 23rd, 2020 Oakland, CA

I brought a Go Bank card on Oct,21,2020 at my local Walgreens and loaded $380 on it and when I got home to register it I couldn't because it was a stolen card.

Uber Sean

October 8th, 2020 Washington, DC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Held a $50 imenities hold for a 1 night hotel stay for 2 weeks and refused to release the funds even though the merchant gave them authorization to do so. Unacceptable to hold my money for 14 days for no reason. No email available to contact them probably because the complaints would overload their system! They suck

Shane Bullock

September 29th, 2020 Torrance, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst move I've ever made. The 15th I had to report my card stolen, received an email saying that it would arrive on the 25th. That day I checked with the post office and then called, the woman informed me that I would be receiving it on the 28th. That day I called and the woman tells me it would be 2 more business day. I call again today and the automated system tells me that my card arrived on the 23rd. If my card arrived on the 23rd, why did 3 different employees tell me otherwise. Why are they giving me estimated dates of arrival, but can't provide me with a tracking number? I now have to be issued another card and am told it's 7 business days. My unemployment money is going to that card, I'm without a job and yet the little money I have is being held hostage. I then am told I can have the card expedited, but will have to pay $15. Are you serious? And the woman wouldn't even let me speak to a manager. I've never been so upset and at a complete loss, because there's nothing that they can or will do. It'd be really nice to know what I'm supposed to do with another week of having no money... thank you gobank, you've treated me so well

Bette

September 29th, 2020 Pittsburgh, PA

I received a gobank card at my address but in a unknown name! I called number on back of card, oh my! All sounded bad! First person sounded on cellphone with bad connection, then fraud dept person, couldn't understand a word from her, she eventually just hung up on me! I reported to federal government on fraud .....this bank needs closed

Kristy McDonald

September 29th, 2020 Weatherford, TX

I have had money stole from Go Bank in Aug and now it’s sept and I still haven’t got my money back. Strange think is the person that stole my money had the same email as GO Bank. I have been trying to get my money back since aug and they tell me now I will get it in oct. really. Not only this I believe this country is out of this country because you can’t understand a word they say. I had to tell the lady my address 5 times because she couldn’t spell Forest. Really that’s a second grade spelling word. If you value your money go somewhere else this isn’t the bank for you.

Penny Winny

September 25th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Go bank will steal your small deposits even when you screenshot them. When you call Customer service no one seems to understand what you’re talking about. And when you ask them to repeat something they get an attitude put you on hold and hang up on you. I asked the customer service lady what happened and why I seen the transaction this morning and now it’s gone and the money is gone she said don’t question the bank. They stole $100 in two days for me I screenshot it it and submitted it and they said give them 30 Days to investigate. They charge fees for everything.

Chad Schwendeman

September 16th, 2020 Brainerd, MN

Total scam company. I had my identity stolen and they would not cancel my account as I could not provide the mailing address where the card was being sent. I could obviously provide my social security number and birth date, but they would not close my account. I talked to four different customer service employees and they were on cells phones that had a terrible connection and could not help me.

Kay

September 9th, 2020 Asheville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They don’t deserve even 1 Star! I’ve had this card for over 3 years and the things they’ve done have been unconscionable. First they said this ATM in my neighborhood was free. The first time I used it it was free. The second time it was not. So no more ATM. Now this -I’ve used the card for gas at this one has station hundreds of times. It’s a debit card so I punch in my passcode and I can only use what’s on my card. I transferred money from a gig job onto the card tonight. Exactly $96.01. Some for gas and some for groceries. I get $8 in gas and go grocery shopping. It declines my $65 purchase! I call them and I have a Zero balance. I talk to an agent and she tells me there is a $75 preauthorization fee and it will be back on my card on September 17! What?!!! She insists it’s a vendor charge. The vendor tells me it’s GoBank! And I know it is. They are holding onto my money and they know when they’ll release it. Supervisor was zero help! And now I have no food! GoBank sucks! I guess I’ll have to find a food bank tomorrow. I’m in tears. Mad, sad, hungry! No. I’m furious!

pinknessicity

August 23rd, 2020 Cottonwood, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

At first I loved it, because I never had a problem. Bank is excellent when you don't have a problem. Customer service is rude and actively refuses to help or even listen. Asked for a supervisor, agent sent me back to beginning of queue. Real professional. Found out Go Bank is part of GreenDot, and it all makes sense. GreenDot is fraudulent company who steals your money. So I guess Go Bank is capitalizing on a transaction stuck in pending limbo to steal that money from me.

Cocoman M

August 21st, 2020 Bakersfield, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give them zero I would. There thieves! They take the little credits going back into your account and make them disappear. I've had go bank for almost 5 years and had a deposit going in every 2 weeks. I'm not much of a money saver do I really never looked at my transactions or monthly statements,but the coronavirus got me laid of and the checks dwindled. At that time I became frugal and watched every dollar. What I saw shocked me. I rented a room at Springhill suites paid online with Priceline, but at hotel they wanted 20 incidentals deposit. Ok I have them my go bank card and when I checked out they said 20 will be credited within 2-3 business days. Ok right. That was on 5 of July. July 28 I looked at my transactions and it said credit for 20 from sSpringhill. Later that afternoon it was gone. I called and they said it was a pending credit I should get it August ,6. When August ,6 came no credit. They tell me oh you got that credit on July 16. I said no I didn't They said yes check your statement. I hung up and checked and what no saw shocked me.i became speechless. I saw a statement that had been completely redone . The 20 credit was gone. Nothing never existed July 4 I never stayed there according to go bank. The 25 credit from Radisson gone. Target credit gone Walmart credit gone. Basically what they did was keep my small credits and redo my statement like it never existed. Wow to have that much power is scary .

Bob Cottle

August 4th, 2020 Simi Valley, CA

I think this so-called bank is a scam. If you receive a debit card from them I would discard it immediately. I just received a debit card from them in the mail and I did not open an account with them. Lots of scams out there.

Tara Blum

August 2nd, 2020 Arlington Heights, IL

I received a card that I did not request and I did not open an account. I attempted several times to call customer service, but when I entered the 16 digit card number, it was invalid. I attempted to complete a fraud report and when I submitted, the message stated "unable to process." When I attempted to use their "chat" function, there was a message from 5 days earlier stating it was unavailable. I won't activate the card, nor will I provide my SSN. I filed a complaint with the FDIC and our State Attorney's office.

Fizz

July 28th, 2020 Valrico, FL

I received a card that I didn't order. I called to cancel but they wanted my SSN and other personal details that I wasn't comfortable giving over the phone. I asked for the card to be cancelled and they said they couldn't do it without my personal information. I think this is a scam company, please beware. I would give it a 0 rating but it's not allowed.

Kelly

July 28th, 2020 Richmond, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is awful. I was an Uber driver and decided to get their card. I then decided I would use that card for a play money and had my full time jibe deposit 100 per pay period. The initial card I was given did not have a chip and scammers were able to steal the card info. They then used the card at an atm. There was a transaction for checking the balance, transaction for withdrawing the money, and a fee for using an out of network bank. I saw the same day it was done and called immediately. As everyone else has mentioned, their hold times are terrible but I stuck it out. I was told that I had to wait for the charges to process. Called back a couple days later once they processed and filed the dispute. Received a letter stating it was denied. Called again to find out why. I was told they needed additional information. I filed a police report as they suggested and MAILED everything to them. Received an email today that the dispute was rejected. I’m pissed. I will be waiting on hold with them again today but expect they will do nothing. I’m cancelling my direct deposit today, filing a complaint with the BBB and never using them again. If nothing else happens, I’m just hopeful this review will persuade someone else NOT TO USE THIS CARD!!!

Zenda

July 14th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

My SBA loan was deposited into my Uber GoBank Account on June 30, 2020. My account has been on hold for 14 days now. After speaking with corporate I was informed that my account should be cleared up by 7/13/2020 It is now 7/14/2020 and my account is still blocked.

John van Dalen

July 10th, 2020 Cathedral City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that direct deposit of my earnings from Uber. I don't like that transfering money out of the account takes several days. I don't like that Zelle isn't supported. I HATE THAT I CAN'T EXPORT MY TRANSACTIONS TO QUICKBOOKS. I HATE THAT IT TOOK EXTENSIVE RESEARCH JUST TO FIND A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL AND WHEN I CALLED THE GUY I SPOKE WITH DID NOT KNOW WHAT DOWNLOAD MEANT! I HATE THAT WHEN I OPEN A CHAT ON THE GOBANK WEBSITE I AM TAKEN TO A LINK FOR PAID TECHNICAL SUPPORT. THIS IS BS.

Timothy James

July 10th, 2020 Williamsburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Up until July 8th, I was receiving 5% cash back on all gas purchases. Without any warning or notice, they discontinued this, and now receive less than 1% or nothing. In order to find this out, I had to call 3 times. The first time I was on hold and they disconnected, the 2nd time the operator never responded after I answered her first question, though I could still hear an open line.

Ravi Shetty

July 6th, 2020 Hinsdale, IL

This is not a bank, it is a scam. An institution designed to rob customers money. I am surprised how bank regulators allowed this bank to operate. They sent me a Debit Card which I didn't request on a bank account which I didn't open, and are advising me to activate it. The letter that came with the Debit Card had a bank account number and a routing number. There is no phone number I can call to talk to a live human being at the bank. Finally when I was able to talk to someone from the Fraud dept of GO Bank with the help of my Identity Theft company, the person from the bank was not willing to give me information regarding my "own" account claiming that the date of birth I provided didn't match the information the Bank has, even though she confirmed that the SS# and other details I provided were correct. When I asked her a question, how the bank opened an account in my name with a wrong date of birth , she didn't have an answer. I am going to report this bank to the regulatory agencies. Stay far away from this bank. They do't do the due diligence before opening an account and do't take any responsibility when fraud is committed. I am beginning to wonder if the Bank is complicit in the Fraud.

Larry Apfel

July 6th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give GoBank Zero stars if I could. Their fees are usurious. Fees waved with $500/month direct deposit which my employer does not offer. Charges to deposit checks or to deposit cash. This is a bank of last resort. If you have ANY other option, use it. DO NOT USE GOBANK!

Gregory Toomer

June 25th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently purchased a go bank card at Rite Aid in order to have automotive part repaired in Florida. I was Informed that part couldn't be repaired and they would refund my money. That was 3 weeks ago. Go bank is telling me about some investigation about some dispute that doesn't exist. I just want my refund. I was informed today 3 weeks later that I need to write a detailed letter describing the so called dispute and wait 2 more weeks for a decision on the dispute that doesn't exist. I'm a senior citizen who just wants to repair my vehicle. Now I need to write a letter determine which post offices are currently operating and Mail a letter to get MY OWN money back. In over 70 years of living this is one of the most slimy scams I've ever encountered.

Mellissa Parker

June 25th, 2020 Sioux Falls, SD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Blocked my account after my unemployment deposited my back pay saying it was suspicious use although I been getting unemployment deposited for over 3 months. Now GoBank won’t return my money to me

Dee Gallegos

June 24th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give this bank negative stars I would. Worst bank of all time. They are a huge scam and I would not trust them with anything. They deposit your money into other people's accounts and then won't help you fix it. This company shouldn't even be allowed to do business.

Teach

June 23rd, 2020 Edmond, OK

Got a credit card from GoBank I never applied for. I cannot get a hold of a human to close this fraudulent account! The phone number and website require very personal information before letting you move to any options. I think this is a shady business and would NOT trust it!

Anthony

June 17th, 2020 Garland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the WORST bank I have ever signed on to. PLEASE BE AWARE!!!! When you call the number on the back of the card it routes you to philippines which can only verify your infos. That's it! I've had my card for two weeks and now account has been locked. I sent over my paystubs, copy of my id, verified my social security # but still can't get into my account because at the time I registered my card online I might have hit a wrong digit. THATS IT! COULD HAVE BEEN A HUMAN MISTAKE but with all the other verification done they still won't let me into my account which has now been locked along with my two checks. Now I'm beginning to think they just want my money. My experience calling for support help has been draining me!! This is the worst experience I've ever had!! imagine having to pay a car payment or rent!! I was late on both because of this experience. I WILL SPREAD THE WORD THAT GOBANK IS HORRIBLE AS MUCH AS I CAN. PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE YOU KNOW. SAVE THEM THE TROUBLE

Horrez

May 28th, 2020 Detroit, MI

One of the go bank workers stole my social security number and information and refuses to answer my calls. They had a go bank account in my name. This place is crooked

Beverly

May 27th, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GoBank is HORRIBLE! They arbitrarily deny transactions even when I have more than enough money to cover it. They have NO way of contacting them for support. Their FAQs/Support inside the app or the website is non-existent

JAckjack

May 26th, 2020 Fairhope, AL

I did not open an acct with GoBank but received a text telling me I had just changed my debit card ATM PIN. I tried calling but can't get anyone on the phone. They will only communicate after you enter a social security number (which I won't give over the phone) or with an acct number which I do not have.

semperfi

May 19th, 2020 Janesville, WI

Uber drivers need to be aware that starting 7/20/2020 GoBank will require a deposit of 1,000 dollars a month to be able to qualify for the backup balance so you can overdraft your card to 100 dollars. Also GoBank is not even taking into account that during Covid-19 Uber drivers in rural areas can't make the 80 trips during a 30 day period to use the backup balance. Drivers are better off just sticking to their banks debit cards or direct deposit and closing their GoBank cards. In this time of crisis you would think that the company you work for would allow drivers to skip the 80 trip requirement until the crisis and all of the bans in each state has been lifted. This is just another step in corporate greed on both GoBank's part as well as Uber's. It's just a sad state of affairs that these 2 companies can't work together to allow drivers to utilize the Go card to it's fullest potential.

Steve B

May 13th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would not even give Go Bank one star. Stay clear of this banking alternative. We have a card with $500 on it. We have a receipt and the card in question. The card keeps getting rejected at the ATM. We went to the Walmart store in Austin TX where it was purchased. They said that Go Bank could not be reached because of the pandemic What?!!!! Stay clear. This is a horrible situation and it’s not resolved. Ironically, WE NEED THIS $ because the pandemic has caused a hardship!!!!!

latrise mosley

May 13th, 2020 Evans, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the worst card that I have ever used. A representative from GoBank itself called my phone and stated that they received a red flag in their system showing where someone in Miami was trying to use my card information and did I authorize it. I immediately said No! He then stated that they needed to verify my information so they could put a block on my card so it wouldn't be any future fraudulent activity. He then said once they put a block on my card I would be unable to use it or have access to the remaining funds on my card. I told him that I needed that money and did not need my card blocked. He then said he would send me a one time email with a code where I could access my card to get the funds off I needed. I said, ok. He said he was going to have a new replacement card sent to me the next day by Fedx. Im thinking everything cool. He then said he was going to send me a text message for me to verify the code. I verified the code and then he text me another to verify. While we doing this my phone number was changed on my account and then I was locked out and couldn't even access any information. After looking through my emails for the email he was suppose to send I seen where 5 transactions had been made where money was sent to someone by the name of Leroy S. I had no idea who that was but all I know they had stolen $2300.00 of my money total. I called Gobank back on the same number they called from and told them what happened to dispute it which was on the 3rd of May, it is now the 13th of May and I haven't received one cent of my money back and nothing about what is happening or what is going to take place. All they keep telling me is that it is a process and it could be about 4 weeks before the dispute is settled and a decision is made. It is sad that it can only take minutes for someone to take your money and months to find out if you're going to get it back. Im hurt and just upset because Im a single parent and need my money to take care of my kids. My thing is, if you have sent in all the documents proving who you are and they have seen the transaction, then why in the world would I have to wait so long to get something back that was taken from me!!! WORST CARD EVER !! Asked to speak to a supervisor and no one was available to take my call or did they call back!!

Chris M

May 8th, 2020 Duluth, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would like to give GoBank 0 stars because of terrible customer service, getting the runaround, and completely disappearing funds. I used billpay for two bills and transferred them to a recipient, and it told me it would take approximately 7 full days to transfer. It has been well over two weeks with no funds being transferred to the recipient. The money has completely vanished and when I try to file a dispute on the website it says I need to call a number, but when I call the number it says I have the wrong number and need to call the number on the back of the card. When I call the number on the back of the card it does not give me an option to talk to a representative or give me an option for "other" because none of the prompts apply to me! Completely rediculous.