GoBank Logo

5.0

LAST UPDATED: September 13th, 2021

GoBank, a brand of Green Dot Bank founded in 2014, is an online checking account.

To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the mobile app to start your account. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Mastercard debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

It is important to note that GoBank assets are protected by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation (FDIC), which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank.

report_problem

Attention: GoBank and GO2bank are separate Green Dot Bank products

In January 2021, Green Dot Bank introduced its new online banking program for consumers with limited access to financial products, GO2bank. Although both GoBank and GO2Bank are similar in name and function, they are not the same product and are meant to serve different consumer audiences.

Learn more about GO2bank's products and services

Continue reading for pros and cons of this online bank, as well as GoBank reviews from real customers.

BBVA Compass Logo
3.4
CIT Bank Logo
#4 CIT Bank chevron_right
2.0

The Good

Award-Winning Mobile App

To take full advantage of what GoBank has to offer, customers are encouraged to download its mobile app.

Through the app, customers can check their balance, view their transaction history, find free ATMs, deposit checks, send money to other GoBank cards, and receive account alerts.

The app also includes the following helpful, and unique, features:

• Fortune Teller — An exclusive feature to the GoBank mobile app. After building a budget on the app, Fortune Teller checks against your balance, budget, and a purchase amount to see if your next purchase will fit your budget.
        • Money Vault — If you want to set a certain amount of money aside, you can put it in the Money Vault for safe keeping. You can move money in and out whenever you want to, allowing you to set money aside as needed.

The app is available for both Android and iOS.

Monthly Fee Waiver

GoBank will waive the $8.95 monthly fee for your card account if you have signed up for Direct Deposit and have a monthly payroll or government benefits deposit of at least $500.

Easily Transfer and Receive Funds

Through the GoBank mobile app, you can easily send and receive money in just a matter of minutes.

It is important to note that money can only be transferred from your GoBank card to another GoBank card and vice versa. This makes it easy if many of your friends and family are GoBank customers, but if they are not it may not be an ideal way to send money.

Large ATM Network

Unique for an online banking service, GoBank has a massive free ATM network available for its customers. Through the GoBank app you can easily see the nearest ATMs to you.

Please note that for withdrawals made outside of the GoBank ATM network, you will be charged a $3 fee in addition to any other fees that the ATM owner may charge.

Deposit Cash Nationwide

GoBank makes it easy to deposit cash to your checking account at over 100,000 retail locations nationwide. This cash deposit service will cost you up to $4.95, or $0 at Walmart locations, and the process is simple and easy. At a participating location, you ask the cashier at the register to deposit cash directly to your GoBank card, and those funds should be available in your account within minutes.

It is important to note that this service is not available in the state of Vermont.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Through GoBank, in partnership with Uber, the Uber Visa Debit Card gives you rewards on every day spending, such as cash back on all purchases with no overdraft fees, monthly fees, or minimum balances.

It is important to note that this card provides larger cash back rewards at specific locations such as, Exxon and Mobil, Advance Auto Parts, and Jiffy Lube.

The Bad

Multiple Fees

GoBank has multiple fees to be aware of:

• $8.95 monthly fee which can be waived if you meet certain criteria
  • Out-of-network ATM fee of $3 if you withdraw money from an ATM outside of GoBank's network
  • Cash deposit fee up to $4.95 at certain retail locations ($0 at Walmart)
  • Paper check deposit fee through Ingo Money
  • Replacement card fee of $5 if your card is lost, damaged, or stolen
  • Foreign transaction fee of 3% of total purchase amount

Paper Check Deposit Stipulations

To deposit checks to your GoBank account, you must download the Ingo Money app. This may be inconvenient for consumers looking to do all their banking in one app.

Ingo will generally accept checks from $5 to $5,000, and you are limited to how much you can deposit per day and per month. Your funds should be available to you within minutes, but for a fee. Checks deposited through Ingo require a fee of 2 percent for payroll and government benefit deposits with a pre-printed signature, 5 percent for all other checks, with a $5 minimum fee per check.

Slow Electronic Payments

Electronic payments take two to three days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24-hour timeframe.

Missing Card Response

If your GoBank debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to four weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed and you may be charged a cancellation fee for the missing card.

Account Closure Process

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Reviews

Of the more than 370 GoBank reviews, 90 percent of customers gave GoBank a 1-star rating.

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons, in addition to frequent reports of fraudulent use of GoBank debit cards. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and intended funds that were never completed. This can upset balance transfers and cause banking issues. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder, losing out on future account opening opportunities.

Even though GoBank advertises that it has 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. This is super frustrating for customers with questions about instant pay, online purchases, credit scores, points, statement credit, as well as Uber and Lyft questions concerning the Uber Visa Debit Card. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for people on the go who want to avoid working with big, traditional banks.

Those who choose to use GoBank's services can expect limited fees and penalties, online access to funds, and deposit limitations.

It is important to note that you must have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. In addition, if you lose your debit card or it is stolen, it could take weeks before another is issued, and your funds cannot be accessed without a card.

View Best Online Banks

For more information, see GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers.

1.3

TERRa femmer Houston, TX

There are no words to describe how disgusted I am with this company. I disputed four playstation transactions made on the same day and I DONT EVEN OWN A PLAYSTATION! I told them this. I get an email saying that they have reviewed it and cannot refund my money! Ok, so somebody is enjoying whatever costs $240 on a playstation because it's not me! I will NEVER use or recommend this company to anyone. I will definitely warn them. Shady. Thieves. Liars. Those are the only PG adjectives I have to describe them.

Vidocity Media Austin, TX

WARNING! GoBank deserves a very negative 5 stars, and here's why. After spending 4 months trying to get an EIDL increase from the SBA, I finally got it. Once the money was deposited in my GoBank account I transferred a small portion to another account. GoBank deemed this as suspicious and asked for an ID verification. I complied and they said I failed, but could not tell me why. They then closed my account. After an hour or so of trying to get through their automated call system (which almost always tells me the information I have entered is incorrect) I finally got through to someone who barely spoke English. I asked to be transferred to someone else and she disconnected me. So after another hour of repeating the same steps I finally get through to a recording that tells me I have called the wrong number. After another 30-45 minutes I FINALLY get through to a human being, who also speaks very poor English, and who tells me the only option is for me to ask the SBA to recall the funds and re-issue them to another bank account. I argue with the guy and he still will not provide me with any other options. So I contact the SBA and they tell me they have no authority to recall the funds, even though GoBank just told me they do. So now I have a large sum of money sitting in a closed account which I have no access to, and the only people (the SBA) who DO have access to it REFUSES to do so. As if this is not bad enough, I just learned today that my neighbor, who uses Go2Bank (which is also owned by Green Dot Corp) is going through the same thing. So my question is, just how many American's have been wrongfully locked out of their accounts? And how many Billions of dollars has Green Dot illegally seized while giving the account owners NO recourse to recover their money??? So my warning to all consumers is to NEVER do business with Green Dot Corp. If you ever have an issue, forget your password, change your address, change your phone number, fail an ID verification, etc. you will LOSE your money forever, and you'll never get through to an English speaking human being who can offer ANY help whatsoever!!! They are the absolute WORST financial institution that ever existed.

Cory Nagatoshi Lake Arrowhead, CA

This should be a 0 STAR RATING. I have had this account for 5 years and never had an issue with them, until today they closed my account with no warning or notice. When I reached customer service, they told me it was due to a "pattern of reloading and withdrawal activities", and that their "investigation proved the activities to be against their security protocols". Thing is, I haven't done anything that should be deemed suspicious. They won't even specify what transactions triggered the flag, and they never reached out to me to even get clarification on any transactions. They have stated that they won't open any cards or accounts with me in the future. I have seen many reviews that have similar situations. I was disappointed and angry at first, but now I can just say - good riddance GoBank!!

Ryan Silapan Carthage, TX

I've had GoBank for nearly a year and it's been great. Direct deposits come through on time and don't need to balance a check book because the mobile app tracks every single one of your transactions. Highly recommend it.

Anthony Pando Sunnyvale, CA

Go bank is quite possibly the worst in pretty much all areas of customer service. After recieveing my government issued funds gobank proceeded to close my account and I'm still not quite sure how to get my money from them.

Redwings75* St Louis, MO

Horrible company. The worse customer service I have ever dealt with. EVER! Their people read from a script and won't stray from it. They say they will have their supervisor call you. They never call. I have thousands on my account that I can't touch now because my was wasn't expedited like promised even though I paid for it to be. This is the worse company ever. P.O.S.

Melody opening flame Denver, CO

Worst bank ever!!!! Got a scam charge and I called the second it happened to stop the charge being paid. She said see saw charge still pending and would put money in my account by morning. They didnt flag it, stop it or even put notes on file. They paid $200 for a scamner. That's not a reputable bank. ALL MY BANKS WOULD STOP THE FRAUD CHARGE. IT'S HORRIBLE BUSINESS PLUS YOU CANT UNDERSTAND THE OPERATORS. BYE! BYE! I'M DISAPPOINTED UBER PICKED GOBANK TO PARTNER WITH FOR THE DRIVERS.

Jennifer McKinney Stockton, CA

Do not open an account with them! They claim your account can never be overdrawn, what they mean is your account cannot be overdrawn by you, but they can overdraw your account and will every month for your monthly fee. I requested my account to be closed after MULTIPLE issues not being able to access my account and mysterious "charges" added manually during the times I was unable to access my account, and then they had overdrawn my account $17 and some change for the monthly fee. Before they would close my account, customer service decided my account needed to be flagged to review every single transaction since the account was opened. During said review, they supposedly found numerous erroronous transactions and updated my account balance. The new balance for my account due to the supposed errors was NEGATIVE $4385.03 which they said I am required to pay before my account can be closed. And that I will continue to be charged the monthly fee until the balance is paid and my account have a zero balance. But yet they say your account can never be overdrawn. I filed a complaint with the Federal Reserve and during their investigation of my account not only did they find I did not owe the 4385.03 at all, but that Gobank OWED ME almost $2500 which gobank refused to pay and I ended up receiving it directly from the federal reserve instead about 6 months later.

Boric Rook Vidor, TX

Absolute trash. They closed my account before it was even registered completely because they were incapable of using my info to verify me. Don't be an idiot like me, use something that has a modicum of respect for you.

Sarah Rosencrans Portland, OR

I really wish I would have read reviews on those bank for I set my direct deposit for my unemployment benefits with them my direct deposit was sent to them a week ago a freaking week ago and they have no idea where it is but they don't have it so they say one lady tells me to get a tracking number so I do a surprise when I call back with the tracking number they just keep transferring me to another person every time they go to look up that number and then I start the process all over again in other words they just stole $2,500 from me and I have no idea what to do about it

Kubota Shelton, WA

Gobank appears to be a front for money scamming. Contacted by email from a person posing as our president of our club asking to pay a vendor via wire transfer to Gobank. Played with the guy to get the account number and bank (Gobank). Called the bank to inform them what was happening. After I told them the account number and name they hung up on me. I have reasonable doubts this bank is not above the table, suspect it’s a front for overseas scammers. My opinion, stay away from them.

Latrece Clark Dearborn, MI

Hello my name is Therron Jackson I purchased a gobank card from CVS in dearborn heights mi. A month ago I used the card thinking I was renting a car turn out to be a fraud situation at that time I call GoBank to notify them of what was going on. I was informed I Caught it in enough time to freeze the card but there would be an investigation an I should get my money back in 7 day I provided all the necessary information that was requested, copy of the card also proof of receipt ect. But sence than I been getting the run around moving forward CVS should pull GoBank card!!!! GOBANK company is not for the people very rude and there never a manger to speak with I repeat please 🔉 pull GoBank cards out our local stores if this is how they do business!!!!,

Anonymous Unknown Los Angeles, CA

This bank card sucks if you lose your card or. It expires you're basically s*** out of luck and should have a back-up plan because this card no good don't get it it's just not worth it

Robert Edward Fair Haven, MI

Well there's so many negative reviews I figured I'd put mine in. I got this account when they first started in business. Back then you could choose how much you wanted to pay for service. Anywhere from $0 to $9 per month. And you can change it up or down any time you want. Over the years I've never missed a deposit, never had any issues reaching them I did however notice my customer service number is different from the one on the new cards. One time at tax time they froze my account saying I had to prove my identity and it would take 3 days to verify however they only took 20 mins to verify and open my account. So I'm not sure if the problems are with the Walmart versions which have a different customer service number or if I am just lucky. Several years now and I still have 0 problems. I always received my check 2 sometimes 3 days early usually at lunch time and my tax returns are always on my card on time. So I can't complain. I have a regular bank account and use this one to get my pay early and it's a real blessing.

Ron Sellers Dunedin, FL

BUYER BEWARE!! I have been trying to get my account balance sent to em for 6 weeks as of this writing they have decided to keep my money. This is the reason for this write. DONT USE THIS BANK, they will keep your money. The last time I contacted them I ask where are your brick and mortar banks and who own you. They said we are owned by a Chinese conglomerate and our only bank is in Provo Utah. So be careful and go someplace else.

chad c Boise, ID

pro no fees if min meet no overdrafts cos if your account is hack and they send you a new card the old account (even though the actual account numbers stay the same) just has all its history gone so if you are to get a refund on the old card number you wont get it and theyre support cant help

Arielle Joy Las Vegas, NV

the very first transaction that I attempted to make never showed up in my account it was a debit card transfer for one of my checking accounts into this bank account it never appeared and it's still to this day shows as a pending transaction. due to that I closed my Go2Bank account immediately because I can't be doing any type of banking with a company that can't even legitimately complete a transfer, especially not the very first deposit. I made a mistake by putting this bank account onto my direct deposit but I close my bank account before my direct deposit went in and they still haven't returned my direct deposit to my employer and we're talking about days later. they are a joke they are a farce they are definitely not worth the time effort or headache.

StockGirl 7379 Checotah, OK

To everyone trying to get to your funds after account being locked.. And needing to verify identity.. Go to Facebook... Search GoBank use messager to message them.. Explain your issue with giving your last 4 digits of your debit card.. Date of birth.. Phone number.. And e-maill address associated with your account. It may take them a day or two to respond but they will answer.. they will send you a link in messenger.. then upload front and back of DLisence... After I followed the prompts my account was immediately unlocked.... Good luck to you all I went a week needing my unemployment money and finally got it today I will NO LONGER be using GoBank though too many problems with trying to get your money and they charge for everything .

Robert Wear Oklahoma City, OK

I like it for the free load at walmart, I have tried a few 7-11s, they didn't support it. Other than that it is a very good deal. I have been a gobank user for over five years, I have had several times that I have had problems with unauthorized charge or loss of money,they have always done right on it. Sometimes it takes a little bit to settle. And the vault is awesome.

Deb Hughes Decatur, IL

I have had a GREAT EXPERIENCE with them, almost 2 years...until today! I’m not sure what’s going on but I cannot get into my account today. It keeps saying error try again! I have tried calling, the lines busy...I’ve tried logging in online and on the app! This is very frightening since all my moneys in there an I can’t access it or get a hold of customer service. The system must be down because the site says experiencing higher than normal call volume... Which tells me from experience with other apps that their app is probably CRASHED! Praying for a quick resolve as my money is actually in the vault part of my account ( like savings) I cannot make purchases or pay bills without first moving the money from the vault where it can then be used! This has. EVER happened in the 2 years I’ve been with them! Like I said until today it’s been AWESOME! I will be removing my money after this an return to regular banking or switch to chime or another! I don’t even see an email where I could email. If apps down or servers temp down I get that...but they need to put that on their site! It is anFDIC Bank so its federally insured... huh

Starlet Oktaha, OK

I love the ease and convenience of my GoBank account and the app! I can pay all my bills from the app. No having to buy stamps! I also love that it’s completely free to use! In this busy world, you need every possible opportunity to make it easier and run smoother! Thanks GoBank for making my life easier!! One more thing, ABSOLUTELY NO OVERDRAFT FEES.......EVER!

Amy Manteca, CA

I was wary after reading all the reciews, however, I opened an account several months ago and have been very pleased. My card arrived within a week. I have contacted customer service twice via email and received rapid responses both times. I did need to call customer service once and after a brief hold time, the representative was friendly and resolved my issue quickly. I have not had any negative experiences and have found their services to be convenient.

Tenesha Curtis

I have had the best experience with GoBank. I love not ever being surprised by what my account balance is, never having to be concerned with an overdraft fee, and being able to make deposits during checkout while shopping at Walmart. The feature I probably love the second most (after no overdraft fees!), is the pre-authorized checks. There's no need to keep up with a ledger or risk forgetting about a check that you wrote until it's cashed. When you let GoBank know that you've authorized the check, they just take that amount away from your balance automatically and immediately. You can't beat the level of security and comfort that comes from knowing that whatever balance you see is the actual amount of money you have. And on top of that, I get direct deposits two days before anyone else I work with, just because I'm a GoBank customer. Talk about a perk! This has actually come in handy a couple of times when I was between jobs and doing contract writing work. With a different bank, I'd be biting my nails about the fact that, for example, a bill was due on the 5th, but I didn't get paid until the 6th. I was guaranteed a late fee on the bill or, if it was an automatic debit, a low balance or overdraft fee. However, with GoBank, I'd get paid on 4th, giving me plenty of time to pay the bill online or in-person. And with the pre-authorized checks, I could just write the check out and send it and simply authorize it once the money came in. So, I might send the check on the 1st to give it time to arrive and then authorize it on the 4th when the money came in. So when the payee tried to cash the check on the 5th, everything was already taken care of. I have never received this level of convenience and intuitive design from any other banking institution. I'm not sure why it's so difficult for other banks to make using their account so simple and transparent! Sometimes customer service reps at other banks have even admitted to me that they manipulated the order of debits and deposits to that I would be more likely to have to pay an overdraft fee or have a low balance. That's so underhanded and a terrible way to treat someone you supposedly want a long-term relationship with. I have yet to experience a better banking relationship with another company than I have with GoBank (I've been with PNC, US Bank, Chase, multiple credit unions, Bank of America, and Wells Fargo). I recommend GoBank to all my friends and family to help them save money on fees and save headache when it comes to managing their account. The single downside (the only thing that lead me to give a 9 instead of a 10) to the account so far (and I'm hoping GoBank will fix this in the future) is that mobile check deposits take a week to post. When I've done mobile check deposits with other banks (the feature where you use the app to take a picture of both sides of the check and deposit it), the money was often available within an hour or two, maybe the next business day if I deposited it late at night or on a Sunday. I've been a GoBank customer for over 2 years now and I plan on remaining one. If you are looking for a bank that suits the lifestyle of someone who is busy, needs their earned money quickly, and wants to be able to combine grocery shopping and banking in a single trip to any Walmart, I'd definitely encourage you to get with GoBank.

lacrista lala Olive Branch, MS

I actually love this account. Both my husband and I have one and have had it for over a year. I've never payed over 5 Buicks for monthly service. Not sure why. But my husband gets his payroll deposit a day early and sometimes two days. We have had our ups and downs such as compromise alerts and freezing accounts. But when that happens, call them, you'll appreciate what they are doing. I promise. It's a safety feature bulk into the account. If purchases look suspicious, they will be flagged. You call in, answer don't questions and they will fix it ASAP. Love it!

Jill Lewis Dallas, TX

The absolute worst and sorriest excuse for Bank on the face of the earth! They will steal your money and leave you on hold for hours and hang up on you and nobody even speaks English well you can’t understand them. They stole $200 from my account and now they refused to give it back over an ATM error!! Beware beware beware do not use this bank

Sarah Moore Florence, AL

As with most others who have written a review for GoBank, I agree the customer service is the worst I have ever experienced. DO NOT BANK with them. I never received my new card after my current card expired. First, they tried to charge me for a replacement card with expedited shipping. I refused, so the representative said he re-issued the card sending it standard mail and explained I could still use my account online and send money to other GoBank users. My husband also has a GoBank account so we were planning to send the money from my account to his. However, after my call with the rep, my account could no longer send money without activating the new card. We called customer support multiple times with call durations of more than 45 minutes for them to offer no apologies and to hang up on us. There is no way to contact a supervisor or file a formal complaint. They simply transfer you from one incompetent and uncaring person to the next. Or if you use the chat help, they will just end the chat. I haven't received an email for the help email I sent as of yet, but I am sure any response will be more of the same with no resolution. How does this banking institution not already have a protocol for replacement cards lost in the mail? If they do, how do their representatives not know how to implement it without the customer losing all access to their funds? Absolutely the worst customer experience! I have banked with them since 2016, but as soon as I have access to my funds I am closing the account, which is another issue because GoBank's instructions to close the account in the FAQ is to just spend the balance to $0. I have so many questions/concerns/complaints and absolutely no way to reach anyone at this company to help provide answers. It is ridiculous. I hope this review saves someone from this frustration. So again, please do not bank with GoBank!!!!

Michelle Vaillancourt , MO

I give them a big fat 0 ... I receive the card in the mail everything sounded ok so I deposited 500.00 on my card . I tried to cash app a friend some money and cash app had to refund the money for what they said was for my protection. After confirming with cash app that they refunded they money and soeking with 3 go2bank customer service reps who all said they see the refund but will take 7- 10 days. On day 10 when the refund didn't arrive I called again. This time they said they see No such transaction. I am extremely frustrated and still haven't received my refund... how do I file a complaint

I was bamboozled ,

DO NOT GET THIS CARD!!!! RUN FAR AND FAST!!! To start, they offer a $200 overdraft. Sounds cool right? NOT! For each purchase you make in overdraft (even a $1 verification or $5 sandwich) YOU ARE CHARGED A $15 fee per transaction IF not paid back in 24hrs. So you can NOT split up your $200 overdraft into separate purchases or you will be paying with your LIFE! & they start snatching it before the 24 hrs hit. There’s also a $5 monthly fee unless you have direct deposit. That’s $60 a year just to use their card. This card is a joke. Please don’t even put yourself through it! Also, when your card is locked you cannot receive any refunds owed to you. It will be rejected until you unlock your card.

Eric Ross Sulphur, LA

This review page needs a "zero star" rating, because that is what everyone writing a review would give them. DO NOT open an account with this bank. They will steal your money, and you WILL NOT get it back. They have the worst customer service that I have ever had to deal with. When you do reach customer service on the phone, it sounds like you are speaking to someone in Pakistan or Mexico (bad english). Then, when you ask them a qustion, they are completely "clueless" about the issue that you are inquiring about. They just keep transferring you to different people to start the process of asking you questions all over again. Do yourself a favor, steer clear of these people. There are much better banks to do business with without all of the "fees".

Yagadah Washington, DC

Do not and I mean do not bank with this company. Their customer service is worse than horrible. I attempted to withdraw money from the one of the ATMs they suggest using and the Atm debited my account and did not provide the money. I called for file a dispute and it’s been over one month still no resolution. I provided the receipt from the atm saying the atm could not provide the money at the time and still no resolution. A provisional credit you ask, no, I have not even received one of those. I was instructed that IF the dispute took longer than 10 business days and I mail a letter to their P.O. Box that I could receive a provisional credit. I mailed the letter and during holiday season in a pandemic, they informed me they did not receive my letter within 10 business days. I was not made aware the letter had to be received within 10 business days. During holiday season of a pandemic, they received the letter on the 11 business day. I later found out that the letter could have been emailed which I would have done because who wouldn’t have. I called and called only to be received with long holds and empty promises. Christmas Eve I goto withdraw 300 and almost a month later (1-20-21) during a pandemic, I still don’t have my money. They have no locations or no banks I can goto so instead I can only hope and pray. Do not bank with them please!!

Miss Lo ,

AVOID THIS ILLEGITIMATE BANK!! They are a SCAM! Someone stole my card and emptied my account. Gobank gave me the run around as far as getting my money back only To tell me a month later (today) that THEY DENIED MY DISPUTE CLAIM. I was told I would Have to find the merchant and have them give me a refund. I was on the phone with GOBANk when the second transaction came put of my account. They said my money was still In my account but that was a lie! I told them I needed my Money to feed my kids (this was December 11, 2020) yet they did not care or file a dispute. I had to wait 11 days before they filed and then another 7-10 days for a refund. I was just told via email this morning that they denied my claim. I was also told they CANNOT STOP PAYMENTS SO THE LARGE SUM I HAD COMING INTO MY ACCOUNT WAS IS AT RISK! They are a total scam and I am reporting them everywhere I can!!! Avoid the headache and do not put yourself in the position to be out of money like me. I am so pissed off!!

Brenda Leavy Manchester, NH

Fantastic I have never had any issues. Love how they have no hidden fees. They tell you when you are charged for something. The monthly fee is waived if you have so much in your direct deposit. I highly recommend them to everyone I know.

Christine Vasquez Fond du Lac, WI

I was leary at first because the bank is digital not a physical place I could go visit. But I have had no issues with my bank or my bank card. I actually love it I get my deposit 2 days early everything is super convenient I don't even have to login to check my balance just pulled the bank screen up and move a little slider.

dave Fillmore, IN

Direct deposit from employer is always available 2-days early for me, which is nice. Been banking for 1 1/2 years and never had a problem. Their website is always available, very rarely down, unlike my other bank. No regrets!

Bob Dole Barkhamsted, CT

I've had go bank card through uber for 2 years. I didnt use it for 7 months. Never had an issue when I started using it again out of the blue. Never lost money. Never had any issues what so ever. Maybe I'm lucky but I'd recommend go bank to anyone looking for a debt card not using a traditional brick and mortar bank.

KGroomes

They serve it's purpose. I am account holder and use go bank as a 2nd option from my bank card. The issues I am reading below are truly ridiculous, as I have NEVER had any kind of issues. This is another card you can load for free at any Walmart. Most cards such as this charge. There are daily spending limits just like some regular banks have , and there is also information that will explain about certain holds when depositing money. I find that some people complain without reading the fine print. Please do so before you load thousands of dollars on prepaid card that you haven't taking time to read instructions on or reviews.

Peter Jaeckle La Habra, CA

I have been using GoBank for a long time now. The bank is fine as long nothing extraordinary happens. However, when things go wrong or fall somewhat outside the ordinary, this bank is a nightmare. They cannot direct deposits from a 'foreign' bank despite the fact that the deposit would come from a domestic bank and is a social security payment from Europe. They cannot accept a paper check for deposit. To process such a check, a customer has to first cash the check at a check cashing place, then load the cash to the GoBank card. That costs on average about $ 12.00 per check. Together with the bank charge of $ 8.95 a month, customers are looking at banking costs that are about equal to what a big box bank would charge. Where is the advantage of GoBank? I do no longer see it. Dragging around to deposit a measly $ 200.00 for close to a month now without success. Customer service is lousy. Reps apparently do not read email. Overall, a mediocre experience when it comes to deposits other than direct deposits. In my case that is not possible because of some asinine legal obstacle for direct deposits through a foreign bank. I will have to look for another bank.

Brian BIDDLE Nashville, TN

Did not transfer the $900 i set up to send to my regular bank as i use go bank for money i make driving uber. Been 3 weeks and a day and they still have not transferred the money. Calling an attorney tomorrow. I guess the need my pay check.more than me.

D Studio City, CA

Blocked my account cause I returned some items that I made from that account. Horrible customer service. Can't understand why they block my account I have over $600 and they still charging me monthly fees for an account I can't use.

gracey Brooklyn, NY

I received the card in the mail also text messages. I never applied to this bank. I got no emails. I don’t know how they got my information. And like other people I can’t get in touch with a real person in the customer service and they keep asking for your SOcial security number which is very odd. Red flag!! Dont trust this!! I’ll be shredding this one

ALAN W Westerville, OH

I did not request an account nor card, but one arrived. I had received three text messages a few days ahead that it was coming. So they not only have my name/address, but my cell phone number. No options to speak to a human on their 855-495-1334 number to terminate. @Ian (another poster) the $2,345.21 on the paper that came with your card is just an example of what their app looks like, NOT YOUR account balance.

KIMBERLY Jones Virginia Beach, VA

If I could give them a - 500 I would not only did they send me out a dummy card and told me to activate it the other card that they were sending me out the account number did not match in the meantime my company said that they sent the direct deposit through so basically I didn't get paid for a whole two weeks because I go to Banks customer service apps does absolutely not know what they're doing

Shawnta Brewton Hamtramck, MI

I Received a GO2bank card in the mail thinking I was gonna get my stimulus payments and haven’t seen a dime and was getting puzzled on why haven’t I gotten it already. So started to do a lil digging on my own researching about this card only to Discover why in the hell was I mail this card I my didn’t apply for I need answers can anybody tell me if this a scam and to report it right away

Roger Ethington Queen Creek, AZ

I have no accounts with GOBank but received a card I never requested. Fearing some of my personal information may be compromised called the 888 number on the card. Was hung up on twice but with persistence, eventually got transferred to their "fraud division" where "Jen" a somewhat English speaking representative tried to assist. After 5 attempts she was able to correctly get the card number. Although I could hear her (her kids and dog) easily she would frequently say "so sorry, you breaking up, too much static". I requested a supervisor but.... "high call volume, no supervisor available", Through continued broken English I was advised to cut the card and call back later to try for a supervisor. This has already taken 30 minutes to get this far ! I have zero confidence in this organization and fear I may be caught in a scam. I will never do business with Go Bank and would advise others no too also.

Shane Bullock Torrance, CA

This is the worst move I've ever made. The 15th I had to report my card stolen, received an email saying that it would arrive on the 25th. That day I checked with the post office and then called, the woman informed me that I would be receiving it on the 28th. That day I called and the woman tells me it would be 2 more business day. I call again today and the automated system tells me that my card arrived on the 23rd. If my card arrived on the 23rd, why did 3 different employees tell me otherwise. Why are they giving me estimated dates of arrival, but can't provide me with a tracking number? I now have to be issued another card and am told it's 7 business days. My unemployment money is going to that card, I'm without a job and yet the little money I have is being held hostage. I then am told I can have the card expedited, but will have to pay $15. Are you serious? And the woman wouldn't even let me speak to a manager. I've never been so upset and at a complete loss, because there's nothing that they can or will do. It'd be really nice to know what I'm supposed to do with another week of having no money... thank you gobank, you've treated me so well

Taylor Vining Jacksonville, FL

Go bank it's one of the best Banks I have ever had. When my fellow to-worries get paid on Friday I get paid on Tuesdays. They give you the option to save money by using their vault feature and make paying bills easy.

Nicole Wheat San Diego, CA

I love that I get my direct deposit early! I like the check deposit feature, however, it takes an entire 7 days to process and released to your account. This is the huge downside to the feature. I won't use that feature again which sucks.

PATRICK DALE Spring, TX

The only problem ihave is with the rewards program. They say i will get 8% back when paying my Sprint bill or in stores. When i started paying Sprint with auto pay on my go bank card i no longer got this. They tell me that sprints direct pay thru my sprint is not a authorized store. Very frustrating. Customer service is a joke. Im glad i found that out before using them for my main account.

Lonnie Sapp Roswell, GA

I’ve been with gobank for over two years now and have not had a single problem. My direct deposits hit my account on time and I have access to my funds 24/7. It’s a great alternative to traditional brick and motor banks.

Marvin Williams Lubbock, TX

Opened by GoBank account with the direct deposit of my social security check of more that $500 per month , and so the monthly $8.95 service fee should be waived. Used the account for several months without problems. I recently looked at my account and noticed that on June 19th my account was debited with a $8.95 monthly service fee. I contacted GoBank by phone to correct the charge. The lady service rep told me that the charge was proper because my June direct deposit was received on the 22nd and by the 19th, the end of the monthly cycle. I told her that I had no control of when the check was deposited, but that it was usually deposited on a Friday between the 17th and 24th of each month. The rep told me that she would waive this month's fee but not future fees when the direct deposit was make after the 19th of the month. I told her that was not satisfactory and I would close my account. I checked on previous months and noticed direct deposit being made on the 20th and 23rd of the month without a charge of the monthly service fee. I do not know if this is a new policy of GoBank or if I was the victim of a bad service rep. Bottom line -- I don't have time for either, so I'll find an alternative.