GoBank is a full featured, online checking account service. It's different from a traditional bank, financial institution, or credit union in that it only operates online. It operates through Green Dot Bank, one of the financial institutions available through Walmart. GoBank became available in October of 2014, designed as a checking account product for people on the go. It markets to low and moderate income individuals and families while often attracting customers who are dissatisfied with big bank policies. Assets are protected by FDIC, which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank. GoBank is a legit and real bank.

GoBank partners with Uber to provide a Uber Visa Debit Card exclusively to drivers.

#1 BBVA Compass chevron_right
2.2
#3 Capital One 360 chevron_right
3.3

The Good

• Ease of Opening an Account
  • Features
  • Online Banking
  • Uber Visa Debit Card

Ease of Opening an Account

GoBank does everything a standard checking account does and has several attractive features. To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the GoBank mobile app to start your account. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Master Card debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

To open an account, you will need to provide GoBank with your name, address, birthdate, social security number (SSN), phone number, and other personal information. This information is used to confirm your identity and prevent fraud.

Features

A customer cannot be denied a checking account, as long as he or she has a valid state ID. GoBank does not use a credit bureau rating to screen potential clients. GoBank account holders only need to set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to avoid any fees. This deposit can come from any regularly occurring source, such as payroll or government income. Once that is arranged, bankers can rely on the following features:

• no overdraft, NSF, penalty, or annual fees
  • no minimum balance requirements
  • free monthly maintenance
  • early payroll deposit (averages 2 days before paper check)

If you overdraft your account and even if the account remains overdrawn for several days, there is no fee, as long as a direct deposits entering the account total $500 every month. So a minimum deposit is required to keep your account in overdraft.

GoBank users can deposit cash at participating retailers including 7-11, Walmart, Rite-Aid, CVS, or Walgreens. This will cost you a fee of up to $4.95. Though GoBank is an online-only bank, users can order personal checks to pay bills or pay people just like you could at a traditional bank. A pack of checks costs $5.95.

Online Banking

GoBankers also do not have to fret about banking hours and locations like you might have to with traditional banks, financial institutions, or credit unions. They can access their accounts on their iPhones, iPod Touch, Android device, computer, or inside of a participating Walmart store. In addition to receiving direct deposits, the GoBank checking account can:

• deposit checks
  • pay any bill
  • send money to anyone
  • send money to other GoBank account holders through email or text message
  • deposit funds into account using cash or debit card at any Walmart checkout
  • mail checks to anyone for free
  • withdraw funds at one of 42,000 ATM's for free
  • write checks from paper or free digital checkbook

Green Dot Bank includes two additional features that are not typically a part of a checking account: a Fortune Teller mobile app that  advises user to spend within their pre-set budget and Money Vault, a GoBank savings account that is unattached to the checking account.

See our Gobank reviews to see more opinions about Gobank.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loans, so if you receive a call offering you a GoBank loan, it is a scam. GoBank will not ask for your personal information like social security number, birthdate, or debit card number over phone or email. If someone asks you for this, they are not affiliated with GoBank and are committing fraud.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Uber created a benefit-heavy debit card exclusively for drivers. It's not common for a debit card to have perks or cash back like a credit card would. Though the card comes with cash back on some auto-related purchases and at Walmart and Sprint, the drawbacks and limitations might not be convincing enough to open an account if you are already satisfied with your current bank. See uber debit card review of GoBank and of its partnership with Uber below. People are really good about leaving accurate and up to date uber debit card review for others to see.

The Bad

• Direct Deposit
  • Other Limitations
  • Customer Complaints

Direct Deposit

GoBank account holders must have a direct deposit to qualify for an account. In addition to that, they will be charged an $8.95 fee and will continue to be charged each month until at least $500 enters the account through direct deposit. ATM's that are outside the GoBank network cost $2.50 to use and could charge additional fees. GoBank transactions that occur out of the United States have a 3% transaction fee. Accounts cannot exceed $50,000.

All cash deposits must be at least $20 and not exceed $1,100 per transaction; they cannot exceed $3000 within a 30 day timeframe. Income tax deposits cannot be made after June 2nd of the year it was filed. Account holders in Wyoming and Vermont cannot make cash deposits inside Walmart.

Other Limitations

Personal check deposits have a maximum limit of $2000 and could take as long as 10 days to process (first deposit limit is $500). Commercial checks (payroll, cashier, money order, business, etc.) cannot exceed $10,000 (first time is $5,000). Checks less than $5,000 will take up to 10 days to process; checks between $5,000 and $10,000 will 10 days. You cannot deposit government checks that are more than $5000.

Electronic payments take 2 to 3 days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24 hour timeframe.

If a debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to 4 weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed. Another report is that the online system has a lot of glitches. These are a definitely not a bonus for potential users.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loan services such as student loans, mortgages, personal loans, or business loans. This can be a huge negative for students who are looking for student loans. GoBank also does not offer a credit card, it only offers a GoBank debit card (Visa, MasterCard, and a special Uber Visa debit card). It also does not offer any cash back rewards. GoBank doesn't offer joint accounts.

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Complaints

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons. Without warning, a customer receives a notification that their account has closed. One complaint states that when she called GoBank about her account closing, she was told it was due to a suspicious mobile deposit. According to the customer, this was a recurring deposit from the same source, with the same signature, and the same amount. Another customer had the same problem happen with his payroll check.

There have also been reports of fraudulent use of the debit cards. This includes use of the uber debit card review. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and transferred funds that never got transferred. This can upset balance transfers and cause banking issues. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder, losing out on future account opening opportunities. Even though GoBank advertises that they have 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. This is super frustrating for instant pay, online purchases questions, credit score, points, statement credit, uber and lyft questions concerning the uber debit card review and uber app, overdraft fees, onboarding (such as online subscription services) and annual fee. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

For more common complaints, see our collection of GoBank reviews including the uber debit card review below.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for someone who for one reason or another, cannot open a standard bank account, or would be unable to afford it. Even to some who do not have those restrictions, it may be quite an attraction to have a checking account with no overdraft fees and no minimum balance. Without overdraft fees, you can still have overdraft protection and earn cash. It is also very convenient to mail paper checks for free or have an app tell you to pass up a purchase because it could unbalance your budget. It really is a free checking account. This makes it easy for account opening and transaction fees.

However, you MUST have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. If you lose your debit card or get it stolen it will take weeks before another one will be issued, and the funds cannot be accessed without it. It has several no fee options and free services that most banks do not, especially with such a small balance. However, there are some kinks that need to be ironed out so that the system operates more smoothly and efficiently. Those that use GoBank for online banking services can expect the following:
  1. Limited fees and penalties
  2. Online access to funds
  3. Deposit limitations

For more information, see the GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers. Though GoBank doesn't seem to do anything illegal, due to their awful experience, some customers feel that GoBank is a scam.

1.3

Tara Blum

August 2nd, 2020 Arlington Heights, IL

I received a card that I did not request and I did not open an account. I attempted several times to call customer service, but when I entered the 16 digit card number, it was invalid. I attempted to complete a fraud report and when I submitted, the message stated "unable to process." When I attempted to use their "chat" function, there was a message from 5 days earlier stating it was unavailable. I won't activate the card, nor will I provide my SSN. I filed a complaint with the FDIC and our State Attorney's office.

Fizz

July 28th, 2020 Valrico, FL

I received a card that I didn't order. I called to cancel but they wanted my SSN and other personal details that I wasn't comfortable giving over the phone. I asked for the card to be cancelled and they said they couldn't do it without my personal information. I think this is a scam company, please beware. I would give it a 0 rating but it's not allowed.

Kelly

July 28th, 2020 Richmond, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is awful. I was an Uber driver and decided to get their card. I then decided I would use that card for a play money and had my full time jibe deposit 100 per pay period. The initial card I was given did not have a chip and scammers were able to steal the card info. They then used the card at an atm. There was a transaction for checking the balance, transaction for withdrawing the money, and a fee for using an out of network bank. I saw the same day it was done and called immediately. As everyone else has mentioned, their hold times are terrible but I stuck it out. I was told that I had to wait for the charges to process. Called back a couple days later once they processed and filed the dispute. Received a letter stating it was denied. Called again to find out why. I was told they needed additional information. I filed a police report as they suggested and MAILED everything to them. Received an email today that the dispute was rejected. I’m pissed. I will be waiting on hold with them again today but expect they will do nothing. I’m cancelling my direct deposit today, filing a complaint with the BBB and never using them again. If nothing else happens, I’m just hopeful this review will persuade someone else NOT TO USE THIS CARD!!!

Zenda

July 14th, 2020 Las Vegas, NV

My SBA loan was deposited into my Uber GoBank Account on June 30, 2020. My account has been on hold for 14 days now. After speaking with corporate I was informed that my account should be cleared up by 7/13/2020 It is now 7/14/2020 and my account is still blocked.

John van Dalen

July 10th, 2020 Cathedral City, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I like that direct deposit of my earnings from Uber. I don't like that transfering money out of the account takes several days. I don't like that Zelle isn't supported. I HATE THAT I CAN'T EXPORT MY TRANSACTIONS TO QUICKBOOKS. I HATE THAT IT TOOK EXTENSIVE RESEARCH JUST TO FIND A PHONE NUMBER TO CALL AND WHEN I CALLED THE GUY I SPOKE WITH DID NOT KNOW WHAT DOWNLOAD MEANT! I HATE THAT WHEN I OPEN A CHAT ON THE GOBANK WEBSITE I AM TAKEN TO A LINK FOR PAID TECHNICAL SUPPORT. THIS IS BS.

Timothy James

July 10th, 2020 Williamsburg, VA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Up until July 8th, I was receiving 5% cash back on all gas purchases. Without any warning or notice, they discontinued this, and now receive less than 1% or nothing. In order to find this out, I had to call 3 times. The first time I was on hold and they disconnected, the 2nd time the operator never responded after I answered her first question, though I could still hear an open line.

Ravi Shetty

July 6th, 2020 Hinsdale, IL

This is not a bank, it is a scam. An institution designed to rob customers money. I am surprised how bank regulators allowed this bank to operate. They sent me a Debit Card which I didn't request on a bank account which I didn't open, and are advising me to activate it. The letter that came with the Debit Card had a bank account number and a routing number. There is no phone number I can call to talk to a live human being at the bank. Finally when I was able to talk to someone from the Fraud dept of GO Bank with the help of my Identity Theft company, the person from the bank was not willing to give me information regarding my "own" account claiming that the date of birth I provided didn't match the information the Bank has, even though she confirmed that the SS# and other details I provided were correct. When I asked her a question, how the bank opened an account in my name with a wrong date of birth , she didn't have an answer. I am going to report this bank to the regulatory agencies. Stay far away from this bank. They do't do the due diligence before opening an account and do't take any responsibility when fraud is committed. I am beginning to wonder if the Bank is complicit in the Fraud.

Larry Apfel

July 6th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would give GoBank Zero stars if I could. Their fees are usurious. Fees waved with $500/month direct deposit which my employer does not offer. Charges to deposit checks or to deposit cash. This is a bank of last resort. If you have ANY other option, use it. DO NOT USE GOBANK!

Gregory Toomer

June 25th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I recently purchased a go bank card at Rite Aid in order to have automotive part repaired in Florida. I was Informed that part couldn't be repaired and they would refund my money. That was 3 weeks ago. Go bank is telling me about some investigation about some dispute that doesn't exist. I just want my refund. I was informed today 3 weeks later that I need to write a detailed letter describing the so called dispute and wait 2 more weeks for a decision on the dispute that doesn't exist. I'm a senior citizen who just wants to repair my vehicle. Now I need to write a letter determine which post offices are currently operating and Mail a letter to get MY OWN money back. In over 70 years of living this is one of the most slimy scams I've ever encountered.

Mellissa Parker

June 25th, 2020 Sioux Falls, SD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Blocked my account after my unemployment deposited my back pay saying it was suspicious use although I been getting unemployment deposited for over 3 months. Now GoBank won’t return my money to me

Dee Gallegos

June 24th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give this bank negative stars I would. Worst bank of all time. They are a huge scam and I would not trust them with anything. They deposit your money into other people's accounts and then won't help you fix it. This company shouldn't even be allowed to do business.

Teach

June 23rd, 2020 Edmond, OK

Got a credit card from GoBank I never applied for. I cannot get a hold of a human to close this fraudulent account! The phone number and website require very personal information before letting you move to any options. I think this is a shady business and would NOT trust it!

Anthony

June 17th, 2020 Garland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the WORST bank I have ever signed on to. PLEASE BE AWARE!!!! When you call the number on the back of the card it routes you to philippines which can only verify your infos. That's it! I've had my card for two weeks and now account has been locked. I sent over my paystubs, copy of my id, verified my social security # but still can't get into my account because at the time I registered my card online I might have hit a wrong digit. THATS IT! COULD HAVE BEEN A HUMAN MISTAKE but with all the other verification done they still won't let me into my account which has now been locked along with my two checks. Now I'm beginning to think they just want my money. My experience calling for support help has been draining me!! This is the worst experience I've ever had!! imagine having to pay a car payment or rent!! I was late on both because of this experience. I WILL SPREAD THE WORD THAT GOBANK IS HORRIBLE AS MUCH AS I CAN. PLEASE INFORM EVERYONE YOU KNOW. SAVE THEM THE TROUBLE

Horrez

May 28th, 2020 Detroit, MI

One of the go bank workers stole my social security number and information and refuses to answer my calls. They had a go bank account in my name. This place is crooked

Beverly

May 27th, 2020 Nashville, TN DETAILS arrow_drop_down

GoBank is HORRIBLE! They arbitrarily deny transactions even when I have more than enough money to cover it. They have NO way of contacting them for support. Their FAQs/Support inside the app or the website is non-existent

JAckjack

May 26th, 2020 Fairhope, AL

I did not open an acct with GoBank but received a text telling me I had just changed my debit card ATM PIN. I tried calling but can't get anyone on the phone. They will only communicate after you enter a social security number (which I won't give over the phone) or with an acct number which I do not have.

semperfi

May 19th, 2020 Janesville, WI

Uber drivers need to be aware that starting 7/20/2020 GoBank will require a deposit of 1,000 dollars a month to be able to qualify for the backup balance so you can overdraft your card to 100 dollars. Also GoBank is not even taking into account that during Covid-19 Uber drivers in rural areas can't make the 80 trips during a 30 day period to use the backup balance. Drivers are better off just sticking to their banks debit cards or direct deposit and closing their GoBank cards. In this time of crisis you would think that the company you work for would allow drivers to skip the 80 trip requirement until the crisis and all of the bans in each state has been lifted. This is just another step in corporate greed on both GoBank's part as well as Uber's. It's just a sad state of affairs that these 2 companies can't work together to allow drivers to utilize the Go card to it's fullest potential.

Steve B

May 13th, 2020 Austin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would not even give Go Bank one star. Stay clear of this banking alternative. We have a card with $500 on it. We have a receipt and the card in question. The card keeps getting rejected at the ATM. We went to the Walmart store in Austin TX where it was purchased. They said that Go Bank could not be reached because of the pandemic What?!!!! Stay clear. This is a horrible situation and it’s not resolved. Ironically, WE NEED THIS $ because the pandemic has caused a hardship!!!!!

latrise mosley

May 13th, 2020 Evans, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is by far the worst card that I have ever used. A representative from GoBank itself called my phone and stated that they received a red flag in their system showing where someone in Miami was trying to use my card information and did I authorize it. I immediately said No! He then stated that they needed to verify my information so they could put a block on my card so it wouldn't be any future fraudulent activity. He then said once they put a block on my card I would be unable to use it or have access to the remaining funds on my card. I told him that I needed that money and did not need my card blocked. He then said he would send me a one time email with a code where I could access my card to get the funds off I needed. I said, ok. He said he was going to have a new replacement card sent to me the next day by Fedx. Im thinking everything cool. He then said he was going to send me a text message for me to verify the code. I verified the code and then he text me another to verify. While we doing this my phone number was changed on my account and then I was locked out and couldn't even access any information. After looking through my emails for the email he was suppose to send I seen where 5 transactions had been made where money was sent to someone by the name of Leroy S. I had no idea who that was but all I know they had stolen $2300.00 of my money total. I called Gobank back on the same number they called from and told them what happened to dispute it which was on the 3rd of May, it is now the 13th of May and I haven't received one cent of my money back and nothing about what is happening or what is going to take place. All they keep telling me is that it is a process and it could be about 4 weeks before the dispute is settled and a decision is made. It is sad that it can only take minutes for someone to take your money and months to find out if you're going to get it back. Im hurt and just upset because Im a single parent and need my money to take care of my kids. My thing is, if you have sent in all the documents proving who you are and they have seen the transaction, then why in the world would I have to wait so long to get something back that was taken from me!!! WORST CARD EVER !! Asked to speak to a supervisor and no one was available to take my call or did they call back!!

Chris M

May 8th, 2020 Duluth, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I would like to give GoBank 0 stars because of terrible customer service, getting the runaround, and completely disappearing funds. I used billpay for two bills and transferred them to a recipient, and it told me it would take approximately 7 full days to transfer. It has been well over two weeks with no funds being transferred to the recipient. The money has completely vanished and when I try to file a dispute on the website it says I need to call a number, but when I call the number it says I have the wrong number and need to call the number on the back of the card. When I call the number on the back of the card it does not give me an option to talk to a representative or give me an option for "other" because none of the prompts apply to me! Completely rediculous.

Bonnie Southard

May 8th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

There is no customer service,the randomly decline charges for no reason, I can honestly say no company has ever stressed me out like gobank

Sara Ayala

May 6th, 2020 Garland, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Even with proof I believe they do not actually do any investigations on disputed charges. Maybe it costs too much money to look into it, plus to refund you. This is the only bank that has denied me on the charges I disputed. The representative suck, English isn't their first language and they just repeat themselves, get an attitude, make you go in circles, put you on hold, won't get an important email until they hang up "they say". Takes weeks to get a replacement card and they don't have a way of freezing your account and there's no option to through the app. They never want to help you through the phone, they want you to write an email no matter how serious it is. Takes at least 2 days, a lot of times way longer to respond. Even then they dismiss what you emailed about. Its a joke and they are very untrustworthy. Once something bad happens to you and you're vulnerable is when you get to see how scandalous this company really is.

Alberta Thomas

May 6th, 2020 Pontiac, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This card is a scam! Do not proceed with opening an account. No customer human assistance which means no resolution. Will steal $8.95 from your card immediately,

Myra Johnson

April 28th, 2020 Great Mills, MD

i am having a problem activating my account online, it wont let me redo none of my personal information.. Then I cant talk to A LIVE REPRESENTATIVE

Rickie Fli

April 28th, 2020 Campbellsport, WI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I loved go bank for years but today I called to report my card lost gave them all my account info. But could not confirm a phone number I had years ago the guy said can't help you and tried hanging up. I was so upset at how he had my social number my address my name and birth but didn't have old phone number he was going hang up. I ask for supervisor he said no, and hung up. I went on my app and looked for where a phone number could be and I found it. Why couldn't he have said it was On the website. Instead of just hanging up. I didn't even no was in there until I looked, hate when someone treats me like I'm a nobody.

Shonta T.

April 17th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve had this bank for about a year with no issues... until April 15th when the funds from my stimulus payment did not, and still hasn’t, reflected in my balance. The IRS deposited it on 4/15/2020. I haven’t been able to speak with anyone cause the phone system is automated and will not transfer to a live person to speak with. This is horrible! Their lack of communication is unprofessional.

Rich Burns

April 17th, 2020 Hyattsville, MD DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worse bank I ever used. I’ll start with saying that I have been evicted due to their carelessness. I started using GoBank last year and I never got my original card and had to use the temp card for months. Well since it’s a temp card...it faded, and I called several times for them to give me my stuff and they sent. So by end of last year, I throw out. I filed my 2019 taxes, and despite me updating to a new account, they still deposited my tax refund and stimulus on the GoBank account from last year. Can’t get in contact with customer service, they LIE and say they r busy when really we know there is nobody there working due to the covid. What burns me up is they have shit open that is not essential...such as marijuana dispensaries, but don’t have a customer service rep available At any call center...and it’s the WHOLE green dot network, GoBank is tied with them. I just want to tell them to cancel account and return money to the irs. They never gave us the update your payment portal either...first it was supposed to be on the 15th, where they deposited several millions of ppl money into wrong account. Now it’s 17th...I’m like they done already deposited that money and unfortunately not In my hands. These jobs are needed...they have no contact with customers. Than they said they can’t deliver to P.O. Box when it is NOT a P.O. Box address...and even if it was, why can’t you send? All my other banks had zero problems, even other prepaid cards. Than charge a steep $8.95 a month for no $500 deposits...so I guess I gotta sit and wait until they take the $1200. Worse bank I ever used and I will be with the FDIC and better business bureau to sue them

BrokeInBoston

April 16th, 2020 Boston, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The app and their phone have been down for a day. Unable to access any money. Card does not work for purchases. Considering the current situation - this is deeply concerning and absolutely unacceptable. They have gone dark.

Bryan

April 16th, 2020 Justin, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Website cannot be reached for several weeks now. Something is wrong with GoBank!!!!

Kimberly Gaddist

April 15th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is bad in i need my money and its not even letting me get on

anya a

April 15th, 2020 Katy, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I cannot access any of my money phone lines are down,mobile app and website are down wth.

Julia Slatton

April 15th, 2020 Garden Grove, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Frequently there are error messages when trying to log into the account and this will happen for hours and even days in a row where I cannot access my account. I spoke to somebody from customer service at one point who said they do not know why this happens. It's super inconvenient that I cannot access my money on a consistent basis. I'm so happy I changed bank accounts. I also had somebody in another part of the country using my debit card at one point. Horrible account to have. They also post transactions on the wrong day and prevented me from pulling out Max limits off my card.

Deb Hughes

April 15th, 2020 Decatur, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had a GREAT EXPERIENCE with them, almost 2 years...until today! I’m not sure what’s going on but I cannot get into my account today. It keeps saying error try again! I have tried calling, the lines busy...I’ve tried logging in online and on the app! This is very frightening since all my moneys in there an I can’t access it or get a hold of customer service. The system must be down because the site says experiencing higher than normal call volume... Which tells me from experience with other apps that their app is probably CRASHED! Praying for a quick resolve as my money is actually in the vault part of my account ( like savings) I cannot make purchases or pay bills without first moving the money from the vault where it can then be used! This has. EVER happened in the 2 years I’ve been with them! Like I said until today it’s been AWESOME! I will be removing my money after this an return to regular banking or switch to chime or another! I don’t even see an email where I could email. If apps down or servers temp down I get that...but they need to put that on their site! It is anFDIC Bank so its federally insured... huh

Arianna Aguilera

April 15th, 2020 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This bank is terrible they never pick up the phone its always busy the app is not letting me go in, my money is not on my acct as the IRS describes that it has been direct deposited its the worst

Richard Lewis

April 3rd, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer service is terrible with Gobank. No one answers the phone or checks the email support. They are holding on to my money at one of the worst times in America smdh.

Ciarog

April 2nd, 2020 Troy, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It's too bad that there is nothing lower than one star. I bought a card at Wal-Mart for $2.98 and added $100. I didn't realize I wouldn't be able to use my money right away. When I tried to register the card, I wasn't able to. Years ago, I had opened a Green Dot account, and the card they were sending me never arrived, and I didn't really need it so did nothing about it. So when I tried to register this new GoBank card, they wouldn't let me. And I was unable to get through the phone system to talk to someone. There is no email so you have to write a letter to California to try to clear up problems. There is a $9.95 monthly fee. So they have my $100, I spent $2.98 on the card, and can't do anything but write a letter . What a BIG mistake it was to ever get involved with them. No phone support? I see there has been some fraud. Sounds like its coming from inside, so they can't let employees help you over the phone. SCAM!

Marco Cordova

April 1st, 2020 North Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst service ever my GoBank account has my transactions still pending or go hold I try to call customer service every day for the last three weeks sometimes I’ve been on the phone for 3 to 4 hours no response..There’s people out here with no jobs and I’m one of them I need my money. instead of looking for a way to make money I’ve been on the phone every day for the last three weeks with you guys. GoBank Needs better service for their customers..Im a Uber driver I return my rental vehicle back to hertz I am wondering how many Uber drivers are having the same issue with GoBank not releasing their deposit or funds when they returned there vehicles?

Libby Munro

March 20th, 2020 Owensboro, KY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They SUCK. They don’t answer the phone or messages for BASIC customer service requests. Now they are preventing my home loan from going through because they won’t answer the phone. What kind of a bank does that? I’m switching as soon as I can. I’m disgusted.

Leonardo Reynoso

March 19th, 2020 Chicago, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This service is by far the worst I've ever received from any type of business in my life. The agents never have a clue about what it is that they are talking about and will just guess around to try and get you off the phone. Out of many my latest issue with them is because I need to make a withdrawal greater than $500.00 which can't be made they an ATM. I was advised to do it thru a bank even tho their would be charges. The transaction keeps being declined from their end and I have been on hold for almost 2 hours now. After 48 minutes I finally had an agent answer my call, told me to hold while they pulled up my account and instead of doing so disconnected the call and I had to go through the automated service again and was put on hold. It's been now an hour and sixteen minutes without being assisted. I am currently trying to figure out how to submit a report with the better business bureau which is also difficult since their is no specific address or information provided by them. Please do not use this service if you don't want to risk a heart attack experiencing such horrible service.

Shay Mitchell

March 16th, 2020 Detroit, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

People please stay AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY THEY ALLOW COMPANIES TO TAKE MONEY OFF YOUR CARD AND THEY HAVE GOOD SYSTEM IN PLACE TO HELP YOU FIGHT FRAUD THIS COMPANY IS CRAP AND IT'S UNDER GREENDOT SCAMMERS

Casey Turner

March 12th, 2020 Sumter, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Go bank has been continuously posting an extra pending charge to my account on several occasions when I make a payment with my card. When I call to let them know it was an issue they continue to blame the merchant when it had happened 7 times in a month's time with 3 different merchants. When I called they just kept telling me to file a dispute and it could take up to 10 days for this to be resolved. I spoke with a supervisor Lori and she continued to talk over me and hung up in my face.

Joseph Griswold

March 10th, 2020 Conroe, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

To describe this company: A Scam & NOT A Real Bank My reasoning: For the cash back perks by working with Uber, I have a GoBank Card (partnered with Uber). Sadly, there were 4 fraudulent charges made on my account on 2/27/2020. The four charges were made on my account within minutes of each other and at different gas stations and different areas of town. 3 Charges were made for $76 (EXXONMOBIL 48054209, EXXONMOBIL 99594467 & RICHMOND VALERO) and 1 charge for $75 from SHELL OIL 57541840500. Immediately, I called and reported my card lost/stolen & request to open disputes. The GoBank Reps said I wouldn't be able to open disputes/claims on the charges until the amounts posted to the account, that while in pending I could not dispute because the charges could drop off. Three of the charges posted on 2/28/2020 and the last one posted on 2/29/2020. As soon as they posted, I opened disputes with GoBank for the charges. While talking to support, I was told by GoBank that the process would take up to 10 business days and if it wasn't resolved by then, a provisional credit would be placed in my account until the investigation was complete. When I called back, today 3/9/2020 to check on the status, I was told the claims were closed and the Dispute Resolution Department sent me an email with the following wording. "We have concluded our investigation of your dispute referenced above. Based on our review, we are unable to grant your claim because based on our review of relevant information, including transaction and account activity, no error was found." These 4 charges were made within minutes of each other, cities apart, and at places I have never shopped. My vehicles wouldn’t even hold $75-$76 worth of gas at a time, MUCH Less $303 worth of gas in a 30 minute period. It was clearly a well planned scam and happened just two days after I made my largest to-date transfer from Uber to GoBank. We work TOO Hard to be hustled out of our own earnings by a company that is supposedly partnered with Uber. I lost $303 earned over many hours of hard work.

Jelena Feliciano

March 7th, 2020 Tampa, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Would give 0 stars if I could. Customer service is a joke. They're free ATM directory isn't accurate. I was still charged even though I used an In-Network ATM. They're dishonest and misleading. I tried calling after the ATM charged me $3.50 for withdrawing money. They tried telling me that I went to an out-of-network ATM. The associate spoke broken English and was clearly reading from a script. I asked them to check the address because I have already confirmed multiple times that I did go to an in-network ATM. They refunded me the $2.50 (they said they weren't charging me for using this ATM) but they never refunded me the money from the ATM owner. I even sent them a copy of my statement with the address of the location. I never got a response. A week later I find my card was stolen and used in California. I live in Florida, I tried to dispute the charge from the app but the only transactions that appeared were the ones that I had made. I figured since the charge was still pending that I had to wait to dispute it. Once it cleared, the option for me to submit a dispute from the app was no longer available and they were forcing me to submit a paper form by mail. (Are we in the 90's?) It's funny that everything is done online, except when you have an issue with someone stealing your money. From the complaint below I am very thankful I was only out $40.

Connie Hart

February 29th, 2020 Jacksonville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Wish I could give it 0. I bought a go bank prepaid card at dollar tree. Loaded $20 in it and was charged a $1 at the register then charged 8.95 for a monthly maintenance fee. So basically they took $10 from a $20 deposit. Don't buy this card.

Klaatu P

February 26th, 2020 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible bank! Do NOT put any of your money with these charlatans...for you stand a good chance of losing it. I lost over $1600.00 with this charade of a "bank". I used their debit card at gas stations because it was giving me a few $'s back...well my card # and pin # got hijacked, and over 2 days I almost got completely wiped out of my savings. I tried to call them as soon as I found out, but could not get anyone on the phone...I waited for over an hour before hanging up. So, I filled out their fraud paperwork, and though it was clear to a blind man that my account had been compromised, they rejected my claim and said everything looked fine. What a joke. Let my loss be a lesson to you...this "bank" is nothing but a scam.

Bonnie

February 23rd, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

1 month ago, over $300 fraudulently withdrawn from my account. Still not resolved. Hold time is horrendous 1 time OVER 2.5 hours until I eventually I hung up. Each time I call, they add another step I need to take to get this resolved. They originally declined my claim and closed it. I fond out for the first time they needed a police report, although they originally told me I didn't. I've submitted everything and complied with all their requests. They said by March 3rd, it will be resolved. If not i will be reporting them to the BBB,

Paul

February 19th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA

WARNING STAY FAR AWAY FROM GoBank. Someone opened up an account in my name and old address under this GoBank that I've never even heard of. I called the banks main line, was transferred to their fraud department and the fraud department could NOT close or do anything to the account!!!! Unbelievable. The only reason I found about about this is because thank god to US Postal Service they forward my mail to current address . This place operates on shoe strings and its a scam. Stay away FAR away away!

Uber

February 11th, 2020 Santa Monica, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible, Horrible, Horrible...I lost close to $2,000 due to fraud and there was no one who could help me. I was dealing with non English speakers who didn't know the first thing about banking! Stay Away!! And Uber...you should be ashamed for aligning yourself with this scam of a bank!

Jimbo

February 3rd, 2020 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very Bad Bank They don't do a credit check so scammers like to use this bank for their criminal activity. They really need to clean up their act. One star is to high Customer service was useless Do business with them at your peril .

witchyme

January 31st, 2020 Eugene, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I could give less than one star, I would. I actually loved this bank, used this card for 2 or 3 years... until the first time I had a problem. I forgot to cancel an online bill pay, that took a significant amount of money out of my account.. money I needed to pay for a place to live for myself and my 9 year old son. I realized it mere hours after, as soon as I woke up, in fact, and called them WHILE IT WAS STILL PENDING to cancel the payment. I tried to cancel on their all and online: no option. So I called, wrestled with the phone tree while figuring out how to get a live person, only to be told repeatedly, by 3 different operators, that it was not pending, it was complete, and there was nothing I could do. I was screwed. A week later, desperate, I called again... And was told the exact opposite. That it CAN be disputed , but not until it WAS complete; which I did. I filed the dispute, was told in 10 days, the money would be replaced into my account even if they were still "investigating." 10 days?? I would JUST barely have the money back in time. Then got the email about the dispute later, which said up to TEN BUSINESS DAYS... much longer than the ten days I was told. Too long. I waited, hoping it wouldn't take the full ten days. It's fairly cut and dried: the money went to make a payment on a home I'm no longer living in because I simply forgot to cancel the payment. Waited a week... Nothing. Just called, again, and got a pre-recorded statement saying they need more information and instructing me to email it. At this point, I'm livid: why didn't the call me? Text me? Email me? To tell me they needed more info?? It's their SOP to wait for customer to call again to ask for that info?? HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Then, after 3 calls and 20 minutes (during which the operator blatantly refused to comply with FCC regulation regarding transferring to a supervisor), a supervisor literally told me the dispute transaction team will call me once they have a resolution but not until: but they can't come to a resolution until they get more information from me. So why do they not CALL FOR MORE INFORMATION?? Seems like a shady ploy to do everything in their power to keep a customers money by making it as difficult as possible to request to cancel a payment. Thanks to them, there's a very good chance my 9 year old and I will literally be on the street. I will jump through their hoops to get my money back if it takes the next year. Then I will never use gobank OR greendot for anything ever again. On the flip side, same exact situation, using AmEx bluebird prepaid account? Except I realized the payment went out TWO WEEKS AFTER THE FACT, and requested to cancel it (which was a straightforward, simple process), even though I had little hope I'd ever see those funds again. Boy was I surprised when my money was back in my account in UNDER 24 HOURS. I will be using that account from here forward. Steer clear of greendot, they are SO not worth it when something goes wrong.