GoBank is a full featured, online checking account service. It's different from a traditional bank or credit union in that it only operates online. It operates through Green Dot Bank, one of the financial institutions available through Walmart. GoBank became available in October of 2014, designed as a checking account product for people on the go. It markets to low and moderate income individuals and families while often attracting customers who are dissatisfied with big bank policies. Assets are protected by FDIC, which means your money is just as safe as it would be in a normal bank. GoBank is a legit and real bank.

GoBank partners with Uber to provide a Uber Visa Debit Card exclusively to drivers.

The Good

• Ease of Opening an Account
  • Features
  • Online Banking
  • Uber Visa Debit Card

Ease of Opening an Account

GoBank does everything a standard checking account does and has several attractive features. To open an account, purchase a starter kit for $2.95 at a Walmart store, deposit $20 (the minimum opening deposit), and then follow the instructions in the kit to complete set up. Two other options are to go to GoBank.com or download the GoBank mobile app. The account can be opened on a smartphone or computer, and the starter Master Card debit card is immediately activated and usable until the permanent card arrives.

To open an account, you will need to provide GoBank with your name, address, birthdate, social security number (SSN), phone number, and other personal information. This information is used to confirm your identity and prevent fraud.

Features

A customer cannot be denied a checking account, as long as he or she has a valid state ID. GoBank does not use a credit bureau rating to screen potential clients. GoBank account holders only need to set up a monthly direct deposit of $500 or more to avoid any fees. This deposit can come from any regularly occurring source, such as payroll or government income. Once that is arranged, bankers can rely on the following features:

• no overdraft, NSF, penalty, or annual fees
  • no minimum balance requirements
  • free monthly maintenance
  • early payroll deposit (averages 2 days before paper check)

If you overdraft your account and even if the account remains overdrawn for several days, there is no fee, as long as a direct deposits entering the account total $500 every month.

GoBank users can deposit cash at participating retailers including 7-11, Walmart, Rite-Aid, CVS, or Walgreens. This will cost you a fee of up to $4.95. Though GoBank is an online-only bank, users can order personal checks to pay bills or pay people just like you could at a traditional bank. A pack of checks costs $5.95.

Online Banking

GoBankers also do not have to fret about banking hours and locations like you might have to with traditional banks or credit unions. They can access their accounts on their iPhones, iPod Touch, Android device, computer, or inside of a participating Walmart store. In addition to receiving direct deposits, the GoBank checking account can:

• deposit checks
  • pay any bill
  • send money to anyone
  • send money to other GoBank account holders through email or text message
  • deposit funds into account using cash or debit card at any Walmart checkout
  • mail checks to anyone for free
  • withdraw funds at one of 42,000 ATM's for free
  • write checks from paper or free digital checkbook

Green Dot Bank includes two additional features that are not typically a part of a checking account: a Fortune Teller mobile app that  advises user to spend within their pre-set budget and Money Vault, a GoBank savings account that is unattached to the checking account.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loans, so if you receive a call offering you a GoBank loan, it is a scam. GoBank will not ask for your personal information like social security number, birthdate, or debit card number over phone or email. If someone asks you for this, they are not affiliated with GoBank and are committing fraud.

Uber Visa Debit Card

Uber created a benefit-heavy debit card exclusively for drivers. It's not common for a debit card to have perks or cash back like a credit card would. Though the card comes with cash back on some auto-related purchases and at Walmart and Sprint, the drawbacks and limitations might not be convincing enough to open an account if you are already satisfied with your current bank. See reviews of GoBank and of its partnership with Uber below.

The Bad

• Direct Deposit
  • Other Limitations
  • Customer Complaints

Direct Deposit

GoBank account holders must have a direct deposit to qualify for an account. In addition to that, they will be charged an $8.95 fee and will continue to be charged each month until at least $500 enters the account through direct deposit. ATM's that are outside the GoBank network cost $2.50 to use and could charge additional fees. GoBank transactions that occur out of the United States have a 3% transaction fee. Accounts cannot exceed $50,000.

All cash deposits must be at least $20 and not exceed $1,100 per transaction; they cannot exceed $3000 within a 30 day timeframe. Income tax deposits cannot be made after June 2nd of the year it was filed. Account holders in Wyoming and Vermont cannot make cash deposits inside Walmart.

Other Limitations

Personal check deposits have a maximum limit of $2000 and could take as long as 10 days to process (first deposit limit is $500). Commercial checks (payroll, cashier, money order, business, etc.) cannot exceed $10,000 (first time is $5,000). Checks less than $5,000 will take up to 10 days to process; checks between $5,000 and $10,000 will 10 days. You cannot deposit government checks that are more than $5000.

Electronic payments take 2 to 3 days if done before 1 p.m. Otherwise, it will take longer. Also, there is no notification when the payment recipient cashes the check. Cash withdrawals cannot exceed $500 within a 24 hour timeframe.

If a debit card is lost or stolen, it could take up to 4 weeks to get a replacement. In the meantime, funds cannot be accessed. Another report is that the online system has a lot of glitches.

GoBank does not offer any kind of loan services such as student loans, mortgages, personal loans, or business loans. GoBank also does not offer a credit card, it only offers a GoBank debit card (Visa, MasterCard, and a special Uber Visa debit card). It also does not offer any cash back rewards. GoBank doesn't offer joint accounts.

To officially close your GoBank account, you need to spend or transfer the money in your account down to a $0 balance and then contact GoBank to close it. The $8.95 monthly fee will still be charged until your account is officially closed.

Customer Complaints

Customers regularly complain about GoBank randomly closing accounts for unauthorized reasons. Without warning, a customer receives a notification that their account has closed. One complaint states that when she called GoBank about her account closing, she was told it was due to a suspicious mobile deposit. According to the customer, this was a recurring deposit from the same source, with the same signature, and the same amount. Another customer had the same problem happen with his payroll check.

There have also been reports of fraudulent use of the debit cards. Some complaints include misallocated funds, misuse of the card or stolen card numbers, and transferred funds that never got transferred. These problems usually result in a closed account, either closed by GoBank, or the account holder. Even though GoBank advertises that they have 24/7 customer service, customers report that they stop answering the phone after a certain time in the evening. Other customers report that customer representatives are insensitive and inflexible to their needs and individual requests, even though those needs and requests fall within the legal guidelines and normal expectations a checking account holder would have.

For more common complaints, see our collection of GoBank reviews below.

The Bottom Line

GoBank can be a dream come true for someone who for one reason or another, cannot open a standard bank account, or would be unable to afford it. Even to some who do not have those restrictions, it may be quite an attraction to have a checking account with no overdraft fees and no minimum balance. It is also very convenient to mail paper checks for free or have an app tell you to pass up a purchase because it could unbalance your budget. It really is a free checking account.

However, you MUST have a monthly direct deposit in order to qualify. Besides the direct deposit, good luck might be a requirement. Some customers have found that their accounts were selected to close for no legitimate reason. If you lose your debit card or get it stolen it will take weeks before another one will be issued, and the funds cannot be accessed without it. It has several no fee options and free services that most banks do not, especially with such a small balance. However, there are some kinks that need to be ironed out so that the system operates more smoothly and efficiently. Those that use GoBank for online banking services can expect the following:

1. Limited fees and penalties
  2. Online access to funds
  3. Deposit limitations

For more information, see the GoBank reviews below. GoBank consistently receives poor reviews from its customers. Though GoBank doesn't seem to do anything illegal, due to their awful experience, some customers feel that GoBank is a scam.

1.0

Lara
June 25th, 2019 San Diego, CA

I have now had several incidents of deposits not accurately being credited to my account, as well as gas stations pre-authorizations not being credited back, despite multiple calls to customer service. You have to watch your balance like a hawk! And if something doesn’t get credited, expect to wait days and multiple calls to customer service to resolve it.

Bob Dole
June 18th, 2019 Barkhamsted, CT DETAILS

I've had go bank card through uber for 2 years. I didnt use it for 7 months. Never had an issue when I started using it again out of the blue. Never lost money. Never had any issues what so ever. Maybe I'm lucky but I'd recommend go bank to anyone looking for a debt card not using a traditional brick and mortar bank.

Justin Kenner
June 18th, 2019 Clinton, IN DETAILS

Even defied a court order. Sent a certified court order to fix the account so I could close the account and transfer my balance of $5000 to another bank. This took two months and still gave me a hard time to get my own money. There was no question the balance was correct. They just wouldn’t release my money. After 60 days and a court order I still don’t have my money. I’m now going to involve https://www.consumerfinance.gov/complaint/ this bank is a scam.

Jim O.
June 13th, 2019 Niagara Falls, NY DETAILS

I would leave negative 100 stars if I could. The absolutely worst customer service in the world. I had my Uber go bank card fraudulently used 400 miles away ten minutes after I used it in my home town and it is been over a month and I have not got any of my money back. The first rep told me that the money would be back in my account within a week. Never happened. I gave them another week, still didn't happen. I called them back only to discover the original rep did not file my claim. I had to file a claim at that point, two weeks later still no progress. All they say is im sorry and I understand, and we need more time, but no answers. It just shows they do not care about their customers. I do not recommend this b.s. organization to anyone ever.

uber driver
May 31st, 2019 Pompano Beach, FL DETAILS

On may 12th my account was fraulently used at a exxon mobil gas station. the amount was $53.00 I received an alert on my phone.I immediatly called gobank.I was told I had to file a fraudulent transaction case and send a letter,I did.after two weeks My claim has been denied.I signed up through uber,they will not help,gobank is the worst bank ,very bad customer service .They make it easy for scammers to steal your money.

Summer
May 22nd, 2019 Atlanta, GA DETAILS

They created a double charge on a large bill payment transaction. They said it was a bank error due to technical issues they are having. However, they say they can't release the funds they are holding of mine, nor do they know when this will be resolved. Customer service gives the run-around. Asked for a supervisor, same! They said don't deposit any more because this might happen again. Simply, insane. Against all banking rules and laws, I've ever known of. This is not a real bank, but a scam. Your information and money are not secure, DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY IF YOU WANT TO KEEP YOUR MONEY AND IDENTITY.

Hms
May 22nd, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

GoBank denied my claim for an unauthorized charge after 2 months of “investigating”

Bob L
May 13th, 2019 Bolivar, MO DETAILS

I would give it 0 stars if I could. I have an email from GoBank support prior to the start of our vacation which clearly states I can use my GoBank card in all of North America and it will work flawlessly just as if I were in my hometown in the US. It was not until AFTER we disembarked off the cruise ship in Vancouver Canada with very little cash in pocket we found that GoBank cards in fact do NOT work outside the US. We had very little cash and no instrument to pay for our extra nights in Vancouver, our checked baggage fees, our sightseeing during our extra days or any food we wanted to eat. GoBank was useless on the phone saying "we are sorry but our cards have never and can't be authorized to work in Canada so you will have to find an alternative source of payment." Had we been told that originally we would have moved our funds to a credit card and brought that instead. We ended up missing some of our planned touring, and had to walk quite a distance to a Western Union office and pay to wire money to ourselves in Canada. So all told, spending hours on the phone with GoBank, then spending hours walking to / from and waiting at the Western Union, then having to pay out of pocket to access our own money which GoBank had told us we would be able to use, what did GoBank do for customer loyalty? Basically a big F! U!. Nothing! We have not been reimbursed for even the expenses we had receipts for such as the Western Union transfer fee or the purchase of a prepaid card at the airport so we could pay for our checked luggage (they don't take cash). Let alone the headache of GoBank support misleading us. As soon as I can find an alternate bank, we are dumping GoBank and suggest you avoid it if at all possible too. Another issue I have is that transactions that have moved from 'posted' to 'cleared' in my GoBank online transaction record regularly disappear off the record but are still calculated in the available balance. They are still valid transactions which 'should' appear, but for some reason they are hidden. This causes problems when trying to make sure my own register matches GoBanks register.

Mary
May 13th, 2019 Tyngsboro, MA

absolutely no screening... no scruples.... scary ease for scammers

Meshee
April 29th, 2019 Oakland, CA

My experience STARTED OUT to be a wonderful one! I had this go bank account for approx. 5 years with ONE issue that was quickly resolved by a simple phone call - I made a purchase while I was out of state. They blocked the purchase, but called me to confirm it was me, and that issue was resolved within 30 minutes, where they unblocked my account. That happened about halfway thru my 5 year tenure with the bank. Then, on year 5, the real BS reared it's ugly head. A family member gave me a money order for large amount of money (less than $3,000) to assist with expenses needed after my father passed away. I attempted to deposit the money order via the phone/app option. A week went by, and the money still wasn't available. After approximately 3 months of going back and forth with what seemed to be their rudest and most unhelpful representatives, the money was finally made available to me. During the time, I had to re-send them photos of the money order 4 times, I had to resend them my ID 2 times, I had to write VOID on the money order 2 times, I had to call the bank the money order came from MYSELF to help verify they were a valid bank ... It was the most horrifying and embarrassing experience I'd ever had! They practically accused me of fraud before doing the research themselves to verify the bank it came from and that the account they came from was legitimate! I WAS LIVID!!! The hold stayed on my account for 3 months. 3 MONTHS!!! Approximately 3 months after this, I scheduled for my tax refund to be direct deposited into my gobank account, thinking I'd give them another shot since I'd had a good relationship with the bank prior to the last issue. The bank rejected it for no reason, causing me to have to wait an additional 6 weeks to receive my refund! I won't bank with them again, nor will I recommend them to anyone. I loved this company until these incidents turned into the absolute worst banking experiences I've ever had.

Cory Cole
April 24th, 2019 Franklin, TN

Had a direct deposit sent in my middle (that is what I usually go by) but my account is in my first name. They blocked my account and won't let me have access to my funds (even the ones before the deposit). It has been a week and the only response is 'It is being reviewed. Please wait'. No matter what question I ask that is the answer. My employer has tried pulling the money back and resubmitting. It i not working and I asked if the block is preventing it and I get 'It is being reviewed. Please wait'.

Yvonne Farmer
April 18th, 2019 Poplar Bluff, MO DETAILS

Money was to be refunded. Called to make sure money was available.1 person said yes. Tried to use the card. It said no money. Called back 2 more times . By the last call. I was furious my money is so screwed up. I am changing banks.

Jim
April 12th, 2019 New Philadelphia, OH DETAILS

Worst bank ever! Hands down. Customer service is horrible. You move and you can't change your address without getting a new card from walmart and going through the whole process. I lost my card and moved. They can change your address but you need to send a photo id copy and everything but your DNA to change your address. Any other bank on the planet is better. Don't do it!!!!!!!

Jorge Cintron
April 12th, 2019 Rochester, NY DETAILS

My GoBank account was closed without warning due to a Direct Deposit I authorized Uder to make into my account, meaning I gave Uber My GoBank account number and routing number for this deposit to be made. GoBank decided to block that deposit along with the founds I had there already. I call the bank and they tell me that the reason they closed my account was because they did not recognized the Deposit and saw this as a fraudulent transaction. I said ok, I explained that Uber made the deposit with my authorization and by me providing them with the account and routing number. They still asked me for documentations which I provided to release the block. I been on the phone with them for 5 days and they are still working on it. I have no money to pay bills, to feed my family, go to work because I have no gas. I have used every recourse I have to make ends meet. I life has been turned upside down, I have to pay late charges on most of my bills, my phone will be cut off if payment is not made and they are talking about calling me. yeah ok, call me on a disconnected phone. This by far the worst experience in my life. I will be contacting Uber and I'm sure I'm not the only one who is going through this, I'm pretty sure to fight this to the end and along with others let the entire world know what this banks do to people and their lives, God forbid one of my children needs medical attention, medicine, asthmas medication and me with money in the bank I can not use.

Rene Ramos
April 10th, 2019 Ormond Beach, FL DETAILS

They often have technical difficulties. We were charged an NSF fee even though funds were available. Customer service just puts you on hold or transfer you with no resolution. When you email them regarding the dispute they advise you to call.

james clark
April 3rd, 2019 Palm Springs, CA DETAILS

What a JOKE they are. I had a credit from Paypal not some small time merchant but PAYPAL credit my card for a return. They are telling me 7 business days before the funds are released. They are NO help. I am closing my account and will NEVER do business with them again

Miranda
April 3rd, 2019 Grand Blanc, MI

GoBank is the worst prepaid card ever, If I could give 0 stars I would!!! I have not used my card in 2 months and they want to take $8.95 twice when I have a zero balance now thanks to them I’m in the negative, so I’m going to do them and myself a favor and cancel the card. Not worth it.

Rebecca Hamrick
April 2nd, 2019 Fort Lauderdale, FL DETAILS

HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE FROM INDIA!!! They answer the phone just to tell you that there is nothing they can do to help you no matter what you are calling for. You cannot dispute false charges, and the website is always down. If the website and app crash your money gets stuck and they will not help you over the phone. I HATE THIS COMPANY!!!! USELESS!!! NOT A REAL BANK!!! A SCAM!!!

Angry Nancy
March 29th, 2019 Gastonia, NC DETAILS

GoBank stinks. Their customer service is the worse I have ever experienced. Had $225 taken from my card in another state as I was sitting at home. I got the notification and called them immediately. The denied the dispute. Even though I send them all the information. Hate it!!!

Dylan kreidler
March 29th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

What kind of bank does not allow transactions through Uber and Lyft? This is ridiculous, they let you use it a few times and then cut it off. You call and they say they don’t allow transactions from Uber why? And then I try to make an online purchase... BLOCKED AGAIN. Most banks will block it and send you a text and ask if it was you or let you call and tell them to approve it. What kind of BS bank is this? You might as well carry cash... you'll have the same access.

Bekki
March 18th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

00000000 stars. Closing this a count asap. I went to Go bank bacause they are parterned with Uber. Customer service is aeful and clueless. I ordered checks. At one time you had to pre authorize your check. That is no longer a requirement . There is no option to pre authorize a check. I wrote 2 checks. Both were declined because they were not pre authorized .I was charged return check fees from tbe businesses i wrote the checks to. This is clearly a Go bank error . I called customer service. The person i spoke to was clueless and of no help. I emailed ustomer service to get help .Go bank refuses to tske responsibility for their error. Even as far to say i can close my account. Bad bad bank.

Clarissa
March 11th, 2019 Mission, TX DETAILS

Had 25$ than another 173$ stolen from gobank from my husband’s account fraudulently from purchases we didn’t make from a state we have never been to ! Never banking with them again.

Tamiko Stewart
March 11th, 2019 Avondale, AZ DETAILS

000000000 STARS if i could. I reported fraud on my uber gobank card for $22 the beginning of January not only did they close my account which they didn't explain that to be prior but i have yet to receive my money that i had in the account as well as the $22 back. Due to the account being closed you cant get anyone on the phone. I have emailed them numeroiuse times and i received different information every time. and of course sorry sorry sorry which is a bunch of BS. Uber should not use this bank for the drivers. I have refused to drive for uber due to this matter.

Rachel C.
March 7th, 2019 Glendale, AZ DETAILS

First upon speaking with Uber, I was informed that I could re-open my GoBank account so that I could apply for a replacement Debit Card. I called over 20 times to speak with a GoBank Specialist and was finally able to speak with one and the only answer I received was "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" And then when I requested to speak with a Supervisor, I received the same answer, "I'm sorry, I'm sorry, I'm sorry!". They can re-open previous accounts and they don't provide an answer as to why it was closed. Now I am unable to reep the benefits of using my Uber DebitCard and am very disappointed.

Brandi
March 7th, 2019 Fulton, TX DETAILS

I would give zero stars if possible . I've had them for a year and has been great until my IRS refund went into the account . MY account already had funds in it when the direct deposit cleared on Feb 27th2019 . I had 1 transaction which was a utility bill every month nothing unusual. I was at a restaurant when I was made aware via mobile alert that if been blocked from my funds for unusual activity. I needed to upload a valid photo ID which I did imediately and was instantly responded to that it could take 2days to verify my identity and my account was closed and could not be reopened ,my funds could be claimed from IRS and could take 120 days . ! I was in a restaurant and couldn't pay how embarrassing and humiliated. Even worse I can't get a soul on the phone at all I have called over 200 times only to have the automated system hang up on me after it's usual spill.

EJAZ AHMED
March 6th, 2019 Carpentersville, IL DETAILS

if i could give them negative 10 stars i could. i have been trying to contact them for last 10 days. each time representative picked up the phone, they hanged up on me. i have tried 4 times. i transferred the money from gobank to my chase. its been 15 days, they money has not arrived to my bank yet. as per now, i am still on the phone. i have been waiting over 2 hours and no one has answer my calls. their emails does not reply well. THEY ARE SCAMMERS, THEY TOOK MY MONEY AND MY MONEY HAS NOT ARRIVED TO MY BANK AFTER TRANSFER. i would just say, be careful. its easy to deposit money to gobank but hard to take money from gobank. i am going to file complaint to FTC, FDIC, AND POSSIBLE FILE SMALL CLAIM IN COURT AS WELL AS ALL POSSIBLE DAMAGES AND ATTORNEY COST.

Richard
March 4th, 2019 Flemington, NJ DETAILS

Purchased at Walmart put $200 on account register card received message that I wouldn't be able to add more money because I couldn't be verified. No way to access the account balance. No number to call. Finally found number online system couldn't recognize keyed in input.

Brandon k
March 1st, 2019 Houston, MN DETAILS

Just bought got my first payment sent through the card, ive been trying to activate the card for an hour and a half now but it keeps saying ive "entered something incorrectly", and the automated response doesnt do anything to help. Horrible and would not recommend

Kevin
February 27th, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

Zero stars is more like it. They used to have a feature to pre authorize checks. About 3 weeks ago that feature disappeared. I called “customer service” which sounded like an off shore call center. I was told that I should write checks just like a regular checking account. I followed that advice. I just got notice that one of my checks was declined because I did not pre authorize it! I have been trying to contact go bank about this and I have received no reply. Do not open an account with this fraudulent “bank.” I am closing my account. What a pathetic joke of a business.

Uber driver
February 21st, 2019 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS

If I could give a zero I would. I use this card for instant payouts at Uber until they stole my money and created a negative balance. According to them I withdrew the money at an ATM machine in another state. I am still trying to get my money back. Do not trust this card, they have no chip hence no protection from theives. I will be filing a report at BBB.

Geisha Jauregui
February 19th, 2019 Bristol, VA DETAILS

Negative balance out of nowhere. Ok so I called and they said it was accurate. I deposited money. To take care of it. Then when I had transferred the remaining to another account, it said the EXACT same negative balance. So I transferred a dollar back in to see what happens, and now it’s $1. Just too many issues already with this card. What happened with the guaranteed no overdraft unless it was the monthly fee?? GreenDot GoBank is trying to steal money. Point blank period!!!!

Jerry derrick
February 12th, 2019 West Columbia, SC DETAILS

Its always nice to know you can trust your bank this isn't the bank you can trust my money came up missing sense Nov 3rd the have played me every sense they refuse to add it back to my account they have lied and told me they mailed me checks on two different occasions they lied. they don't have no care for you I would choose a bank that cares this one don't care and if you like to keep your money take it out of this one

Ishmael Gomez
January 28th, 2019 Stockton, CA

Ok I have been a victim of gobank I had them through Uber and had very good service for a long time. Then all of the sudden they shut my account down without notice or reason. And my $700 in my vault is out if my reach. I will pursue gobank until I recover my money with paitence. I will contact FBI and file law suits until I recover every dime they cause me I am not the one to mess with!!!! Gobank don't know me but they will surely see I'm not like most people! I'll post updates on the progress of this situation!!!! Good luck everyone who took a loss!!!

C.sue
January 22nd, 2019 Deer Park, WA DETAILS

If I could leave a zero stars I would. This business is a joke they steal people's money . Not to mention customer service is horrible hung up on me multiple times. I am going to report them to the better business bureau. Please don't use this company they will rip you off.

Amy
January 18th, 2019 Southbridge, MA DETAILS

I couldn't even register my card. I bought it at cvs. They activated the card to confirm the purchase. I loaded $200 on it and never got it. They would not register my card. 200 was stolen. by them from me. I spent 4 hours at CVS on the phone with greendot and gobank incompetent customer service along with cvs corporate and they kept telling cvs to give me 200 and leave their cash drawer short and they would send them the money back. Ha . I lost out on $200. I am livid!

Francheska Rivera
January 17th, 2019 Philadelphia, PA

I called them about someone trying to scam cards I had purchased. They were very rude. They said they would take care of it and didn't. Almost 1000 taken from my account. I have a child.

Deonna
January 8th, 2019 Rochester, NY DETAILS

This is the worst bank ever. My card was STOLEN and I could not log into the app because I forgot my pin, which I could not retrieve because I didn't have the card number. I call the support and verify all of my information. SS number, DOB, telephone number, and adress. They tell me the adress isn't what they have on file so I give them my current adress AND my last two adresses. They say they cannot verify, impossible I haven't had the card long. They say they won't do anything because they can't verify the adress even though I gave them all the other information. I tell them I want to talk to a supervisor because it needs to be cancelled asap. I am told I cannot talk to a supervisor because I can't verify my adress. Are you kidding me???? What kind of customer service is this???? Terrible! I have no way to cancel my card or even get a new one and its STOLEN.

PATRICK DALE
January 8th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

The only problem ihave is with the rewards program. They say i will get 8% back when paying my Sprint bill or in stores. When i started paying Sprint with auto pay on my go bank card i no longer got this. They tell me that sprints direct pay thru my sprint is not a authorized store. Very frustrating. Customer service is a joke. Im glad i found that out before using them for my main account.

Joe
January 8th, 2019 Aurora, CO DETAILS

Worst bank ever. My debit card was debited at a gas station while the transaction was declined.

Trapper47
January 3rd, 2019 Raleigh, NC DETAILS

They are without a doubt the worst bank I have ever had and can’t wait to get rid of them . As soon as I get my new direct apposite set up I’ll be done with them they let a company suck $360 out of my account after six months of not having dish TV that came back in and took $360 out of my account and go bank let it happen terrible terrible business. And I even tried to fight it with the bank called them showed them were dish network was wrong and they had no rights to go in there and take money out of my account that they had to use my card without my authorization did Gobank fix it no they denied my dispute and gave it to dish net terrible terrible bank run as fast as you can away from this bank.

Angel Sims
December 31st, 2018 Durham, NC

Terrible experience! I received a call from "GoBank" and I was asked if I needed a loan. Of course, who doesn't. They claimed that the interest rate was only 11% and I had 2 years to pay it back. The payments would be less than $250 per month. I agree borrow $5000. And the dance began: First GoBank wanted $250 on a GoBank card. I put $250 from my checking account on their GoBank MasterCard purchased at the Money Center at Walmart as per their instruction. Then they wanted another $399 as "insurance form the loan because your credit score is low." His accent was so thick, I thought he said $399.90 but after I put $399.90 on a second GoBank card, he said, that he needed the exact amount of $399.19. Claimed he couldn't refund the $399.90 but I would receive it with the loan check. So I bought a 3rd card and put the exact amount he requested, $399.19, on the card, again, from my dwindling checking account. Now, he says this 3rd card doesn't work for some reason and I need to go CVS or DOLLAR GENERAL and purchase a GOOGLEPLAY card to transfer the $399.19 from the GoBank. I presented the card to the cashier who called (someone) and was told that the GoBank card was invalid. By now, I have given them a total of $1,138.28. I know that you are saying, " How stupid could this woman be!!!" After many call-backs and holding, he comes back with--get ready: "Ma'am, you have a red flag on your account. You need to send us $500 now to remove the flag so we can deposit your loan." UNBELIEVABLE!!!!! That's when I came to my senses! You think you are too smart to be scammed. Wrong! Please stop these GoBank. Despite of all of the warnings, some of us simply too trusting! I will know better next time. I am a single parent. To lose this kind of money is by far the worse financial experience I have ever had. Please stop them!!!

Traci
December 31st, 2018 Manitou Springs, CO DETAILS

Mark my words: This bank will highjack your money and make it exceedingly difficult to get back. Also, their "GoBank Guides" are vindictive and will repeatedly delay your ability to access your own funds. Run away.

John
December 21st, 2018 Glendale, CA

This bank is being used by malicious actors attempting to divert direct deposit payroll funds.

Uber partner
December 20th, 2018 San Marcos, TX

Denied a GoBank Card through Uber without any explanation as to why. Uber can’t provide any help except a toll free number that GoBank will not answer if you don’t have an account with them. I’ve received a debit card from my local credit union, American Express and Discover without any hassles. I only applied at GoBank for the Uber perks that come with the card. No harm. No foul. There are other banks, both brick and mortar and web-based that will be happy to have your business.

Jeremy Ihategobank
December 12th, 2018 Oroville, CA DETAILS

If I could give a lower rating I would. Not only have they been holding my funds for over a month now, Ive been a customer for over a year without problems. Now not only can I not access my funds, but whatever number I call (try hq number if you can't get thru the 888 number) it sends me to the same dead end phone loop. So they want me to just deal with it and shut the heck up. I can no longer even contact support thru their email link they have taken it off my account page. Very very very bad customer service. The worst I would even say of any service I've used ever! Fees are high and reloading is cumbersome and takes up to 3 hours to show sometimes. If I were to say I absolutely abhor GoBank and Green Dot as a company it would be an understatement. Run away as fast as you can and do not give them a penny or you will lose it. I hope the executive team gets drawn and quartered publicy, as well as anyone who does business with this sorry bunch of greedy pigs.

Eric C Whitaker
December 10th, 2018 Stamford, TX

they called me and said i had been approved for a loan. had to go buy a gobank card. then told to go get s google card. i decided not to go through with the loan and now im having problems getting my $230 back which is for rent which is due monday or ill get evicted! just the worst!

Damon
December 10th, 2018 Yukon, OK DETAILS

Most fraudulent sham of a bank I have ever dealt with...NEVER had a bank block my account because of a deposit...I have a refund for dental work and they blocked account because they don’t have an original charge to match?!?

sh
December 5th, 2018 East Orange, NJ

First off I wish I could give this card a zero. I received this card as a gift with a 30.00 limit. I went to use the card for the full amount and the transaction was denied. I went on line looked at the statement and was charged a 8.95 fee the next day. Horrible! Do not purchase.

Linda M Lafontaine
December 5th, 2018 Springfield, MA

A fradulent account was opened in my name at Gobank. I am unable to close the account because I cannot confirm the address and phone number associated with the account. (Of course not, I did not open it.) The debit card for the account went to the scammer. I am not allowed to speak to the Fraud Department for the same reasons. Do not use this bank if you want professional customer service. It is hard to believe it is a legitimate bank. Remember, Walmart is the parent organization. That tells you something. l only selected one star so that I could move to the next page. They deserve no stars.

DeAndrea Bradford
November 29th, 2018 Roseville, MI DETAILS

The customer service is very unhelpful but the time you get off the phone with them your stressed out and right back in square one I wish uber use a different company