Medical Care Alert

Call Now Visit Site

Medical Care Alert verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

Medical Care Alert Services are provided by Michigan-based, family-owned parent company American Response Technologies, Inc. The company's goal since its inception has been to make the best quality medical alert monitoring equipment affordable to everyone who needs it. Medical Care Alert offers several different emergency response systems and variety of payment options to suit your needs and preferences. These systems are manufactured by BOSCH, a German healthcare manufacturer that is known for creating hospital-grade medical and communications technology.

The Good

• Contract
  • Warranty
  • Monitoring
  • Customer Service
  • Safe, User-Friendly Equipment
  • Mobile Ability

Medical Care Alert members automatically receive a host of benefits upon signing up for a monthly subscription of around one dollar per day- a total cost of $27.45 per month (in their annual subscription package, that is). Depending on the subscription, Medical Care Alert charges between $27.45 to $36.62 per month. There is no equipment fee, no activation fee, no installment fee (see the next section for more on that one), along with the following:

• Contract: Medical Care Alert offers members a choice of three subscription service plans: annual, semiannual, and quarterly. There is no contract. If at any point members would like to cancel their services, they can do so without charge. And if you cancel within the first 14 days, you get a full refund (More on this in the next section).
  • Warranty: Medical Care Alert devices are backed by a lifetime warranty. Just call them with any issues and they will either offer you a refund or replace your device at no cost.
  • Monitoring: Medical Care Alert Centers are all based in the United States, monitoring you 24/7/365. The company also offers free spouse monitoring. In an emergency, the monitoring center will call people on the contact list, and send free SMS test messages to cell phones. Medical Care Alert's monitoring center was awarded the CSAA 2016 Monitoring Center of the Year Award.
  • Customer Service: Medical Care Alert's EMT-certified Life Safety agents are ready and available to assist members 24 hours a day, 7 days a week and 365 days a year-including holidays. Whether you have questions about ordering equipment or if you are experiencing difficulty operating the system, their Emergency Response System is there to help by phone or email.
  • Safe, User-friendly equipment: Medical Care Alert's push button wristwatch and necklace devices are aesthetically designed for comfort and attractiveness. The functions are designed for easy and simple use by just pressing a button-instantly connecting seniors with the company's Emergency Response System. The button is waterproof up to three meters deep and is easily pushed with arthritic hands. Medical Care Alert's call buttons are offered in three styles - pendant, wrist, or clip-on. The pendant has a break-away clasp to prevent choking while you are sleeping.
  • Mobile Ability: Medical Care Alert's new product, Home & Away Elite, allows customers to travel anywhere with nationwide coverage through AT&T. It can be equipped with automatic fall detection and is highly water resistant.

The system is also easy to install yourself. The Home Medical Care Alert Base Station is so sophisticated that Safety Agents can communicate with you throughout your home without yelling. It has a very sensitive microphone and speaker that allows you to hear the Agent/Representative from most, if not all, parts of your home.

Medical Care Alert's mobile product Home & Away Elite gives consumers the greater mobility to fit people with more active lifestyles.

The Bad

• Short Back-Up Battery Life
  • Warranty Limitations

Although Medical Care Alert offers a quality product and service, there are still a few things to be taken into consideration before signing up:

• Short Back-up Battery Life: Medical Care Alert devices have only a up to 72 hour backup battery. The initial battery life is three years, so around that time members should make sure to get a new battery sent to them as soon as possible to avoid any tragic situations in which your back-up battery dies when you need it most.
  • Warranty Limitations: Medical Care Alert expects customers wanting to return the system to do a live trial run of the system to test it. This includes hooking the system up and testing it with their Emergency Response Center. In the case that you decide to return the system and equipment without testing it to see if it works, you will be charged a $50 fee.

The Bottom Line

Medical Care Alert has made its mark in the personal emergency response industry with its 24/7/365 emergency support, easy-to-use products offering a full range of free benefits, and a relatively affordable subscription service. Their monitoring service is available around the clock and even on holidays, providing much-needed accessibility to seniors and their families. There are four different system options that come with many extra features at an affordable price to meet the needs of different people. There's no long-term contract, activation fees, or installation costs which makes it very simple to begin service.

Medical Care Alert is a highly recommended company for your medical alert system needs.

Call our recommended rep over at Medical Care Alert below.

112 Medical Care Alert Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 9th, 2017 Denver, CO

I liked this company's website for all the information it gave. The service offered the essentials of what AARP's article said I should get. I first got a pendant that did not work after I took a shower in it, but then it did when it dried out. I tried this 3 times, as you are supposed to be able to shower in it. Customer service passed me to a technical person and the overnighted a new one out to me. This one is fine. They even fine-tuned it for me, turning the lights off (it came flashing the battery and cellphone light every minute or so--this can be extended to 15 min or turned off). When it turned out I had bad AT&T service (all of these companies use AT&T) in and out of my house, they helped me. The poor signal was shortening my battery life, although wherever I tested it in the house, it worked. I researched it and found out there was an AT&T "microcell" that would take care of my problem. They helped me get it programmed, well above and beyond what they had to do. I am very satisfied with the support they gave me. They care about each customer.

August 9th, 2017

It went pretty good, I guess. It is ongoing because my dad is 92. Yesterday was a false alarm but they contacted me, I get a text message stating what occurred. I am able to call back to see if they were able to reach my father. We've been using them for over a year now and they've been very helpful. I thought the price was very good for the whole year. They come right away. It's beneficial because he needs something inside and outside the home. If we move across the country, it follows us nationwide. If we had to tell them that we moved, they will update it accordingly.

August 3rd, 2017 Santa Clara, CA

Very good service Shannon was great, speaking with and helping me with everything. She should be promoted, she is very nice!!!

July 11th, 2017 Freehold, NJ

BEWARE of charges after you return the system! I ordered the system for my 84 year old aunt. We had it for just about a year with no issues. We recently canceled the services because my aunt moved into a place that had their own system. I called and canceled and returned all the equipment in one box directly from the USPS. I just noticed a charge of $49.95 on my aunts credit card from them. When I called to find out what the charge was about. I was told I didn't returned all items which is so untrue. I have a receipt to prove my return but they are claimimg items were missing when they were not. They refused to credit my account even after I told them I had a receipt they didn't seem to care. This leads me to believe that they may just charge you and hope you don't pick up on it. I paid $600.00 for the year of service and they refuse to credit my card for items I returned, . Horrible way to end a business transaction. The only reason I gave it a 1 was because the woman Gail I ordered from was a pleasure to deal with when I first ordered it. Horrible business pratice.BEWARE

8 3

June 28th, 2017

They debited my acct immediately but returned same day because it wouldn't work in, My father-in-law house and five weeks later no credit back to my credit card! Called but never got. Ack with answer!

4 2

June 27th, 2017 Salt Lake City, UT

It's been an excellent customer service! My mother is getting dementia, and we just wanted something to take care of here while at home. Medical Care Alert gives us the confidence that we can have somebody there very quickly. Besides, she thinks it's easy to use.

June 27th, 2017 Port Aransas, TX

I can't find any fault with their equipment. Everything is just like they've said it would be. Plus, their customer service is excellent.

June 27th, 2017 Hessel, MI

The system is excellent. It's worked every time my mother has fallen so far. There was an incident where she couldn't remember what happened, but when I called the customer service like, they were very helpful! They have me the exact times of when the call was made, and all the call backs that they made, so the system really worked for us.

June 27th, 2017 Columbia, CA

After comparing a few systems, I liked what Medical Care Alert offered. So far, the equipment has been very good, I haven't had any problems with it. I just feel very comfortable to have it with me. It gives me a great deal of confidence in what I'm doing, and so on.

5 0

June 27th, 2017 Raleigh, NC

My husband has advanced Parkinson's disease, and after a lot of falls, we purchased one the fall detection service. Their customer service is excellent, but we're having trouble with the pendant. Charging the system can be a problem. We leave it charging all night, and it's not ready to use the next day. Another issue is that it doesn't catch all the falls. My husband had a very bad fall a couple of weeks ago, and it didn't catch it at all. There have been other times where the system detects a fall, but everything is okay, so we're thinking of looking into other companies.

3 0

June 27th, 2017 New Braunfels, TX

My mother has not used it yet, and she's satisfied with the service. If she falls in the garden, we'd be able to locate her. There is a problem however. She's so fragile, that it's hard for her to put on the wristband and attach it. I would think on re-doing the wristband.

June 27th, 2017 Denver, CO

It's been an excellent service. My mom was falling a lot, so we got her The Pendant, and it's been awesome! Plus, their customer service is great.

June 27th, 2017 Bellingham, WA

Their representatives have been good! They've been helpful, and answered all our questions. Plus, it was good and easy to get the system up and working, it works properly. I'm just happy with the services. It seems to be working fine for my folks.

June 27th, 2017 Marquette, MI

Although the customer service is good, and the equipment is alright, I think it takes longer than it should to connect to a real person. I'm disappointed with that. If I continue to have this problem, we'll probably be looking into another service.

2 0

June 27th, 2017 Millville, DE

We can't be with my elderly mother, so we purchased the Pendant for her, as well as the box in the house that's hooked up to her Wi-Fi. The equipment is good, and the representatives are fine as well.

June 27th, 2017 Henderson, KY

As widow living alone, I figured I should have this, in case something went wrong. I've been very satisfied with the customer service team, and the overall experience has been very good. If I have a problem with it, they always take care of it on time.

June 27th, 2017 League City, TX

My mother is in another state without a caregiver, so that's why we purchased this service for her. We've been perfectly happy with their customer service, and the equipment itself has been satisfactory. Our experience with them has been alright.

June 27th, 2017 Fuquay Varina, NC

It's been an excellent customer service! I don't know the name of the system, but it's the one you wear around the neck; we've been satisfied with it. My mother is over 90 years old, so the main reason we purchased it was because of her age.

June 27th, 2017 Louisville, KY

My family decided to purchase it for me after a couple of falls I had. Their customer service is fine, and the equipment itself is good as well.

June 27th, 2017 Putney, VT

I live alone and have some walking problems, so I needed a way to alert somebody in case something happened. So far, it's worked just fine. I haven't had any issue with Medical Care Alert. It's there, and I hope I never have to use it.