Since 1977, LifeStation has been offering medical alert devices and medical monitoring services designed by medical alert industry veterans to help seniors live independently. LifeStation makes getting emergency assistance easier for seniors who want to live in the comfort of their own home at an affordable cost. LifeStation looks after the health and well-being of older adults, giving them, as well as their family members, peace of mind knowing they will be protected with LifeStation's emergency services and medical monitoring.

Additional highlights of the company include low monthly monitoring fees ($19.95–34.95), no equipment fees, no activation fees, no contract length, and a lifetime warranty on LifeStation equipment. The medical alert company has high ratings and exceptional service, which is evidenced by a number of positive Life Station reviews below.

Click here to go straight to LifeStation customer reviews

The Good

• Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts
  • Multiple Plan Options
  • System and Warranty
  • Fastest Response time in the Industry
  • Complimentary Alert Messaging
  • 30-Day Money-Back Guarantee
  • Five-Day Battery for Mobile System
  • Waterproof Alert Button
  • "Find My Loved One" Feature
  • Free Spousal Alert Monitoring
  • LifeStation Reviews
  • 1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

Low Price and No Long-Term Contracts

LifeStation has lower prices on medical alert systems than most other leading competitor medical alert companies. On top of that, there are no long-term contracts that rope customers into service for a specified period of time. With LifeStation, customers can cancel at any time without having to pay a cancellation fee. Both of these points make LifeStation a very wise financial choice.

Multiple Plan Options

LifeStation offers a variety of plans to ensure there is a choice that fits every consumer, regardless of their specific lifestyle. Whether you are regularly on the go or typically remain at your home, LifeStation has a plan to fit everyone's needs. You can also choose between monthly, quarterly, or annual billing services. Plan details for LifeStation's three main packages are below:

In-Home Landline: $19.95 per Month

This package is best for customers who most often remain at home but still want to remain independent and safe in the case of an emergency.

• Shower-safe buttons wearable as a pendant or on the wrist
  • Sensitive whole-house 2-way speakerphone
  • Optional fall detection pendant available
  • Plug compatible with landline phone jack or modem - optional Cellular System available

In-Home Cellular: $26.95 per Month

This plan is best for consumers looking for protection in their home and around their yard, as this plan has a larger range from the base station to ensure protection in the yard as well as in your home.

• 2-Way voice pendant
  • Shower-safe pendant up to 600-foot range (2 football fields)
  • Easy setup - connect to phone line and power within minutes
  • No activation or setup fees

Mobile with GPS: $34.95 per Month

This package is best for consumers looking to be more active with their medical alert system and who plan to leave their home quite often. This medical alert device is made specifically for on-the-go.

• Reliable AT&T cellular and GPS location services
  • Optional automatic fall detection and Bedtime Buddy alert device available
  • Shower-safe pendant goes where you go
  • No activation or setup fees

System and Warranty

LifeStation's medical alert systems are covered under a lifetime warranty. Their in-home system consists of a pendant or wristband with an emergency alert device button and a base station that is connected to their monitoring station. The base unit and emergency button work within 1,000 feet of each other. When you press the button, a Care Specialist is notified that you are having an emergency.

The base station features an enhanced speaker and voice capabilities that gives users two-way communication with a Care Specialist even if they have fallen down. For those without a traditional landline, LifeStation offers products for alternative phone service and mobile devices for seniors with active lifestyles. Read LifeStation reviews below to read about customers' experiences with different types of LifeStation alert systems.

Fastest Response Time in the Industry

LifeStation's monitoring station exceeds both national and industry standards for training and response time. It is a UL-listed and 5 Diamond Certified medical monitoring center with a strict training protocol for its personnel, starting with six weeks of formal classroom training and mandatory exams at the end of every module.

Once this training for the response center personnel is successfully completed, there is field training guided by TMA certified instructors. All new personnel receives weekly performance reviews for three months. This ensures a high standard of customer service and a quick response time.

The average LifeStation response time is 20 seconds. The company encourages its customers to do a monthly system test so they can see how quickly LifeStation responds to alerts. LifeStation systems also have check-in capabilities that allow the company to check your system each week to ensure it is communicating with the monitoring center.

Complimentary Alert Messaging

A LifeStation medical alert device also offers caregivers the option for an alert messaging service that sends automatic email notifications in the event their loved one has an emergency. It also performs a silent weekly test of the loved one's system and notifies them if the system has any issues.

30-Day Money-Back Guarantee

LifeStation features a 30-day money-back guarantee for any customer on any payment plan. This includes customers that still pay month-to-month. This can give customers peace of mind that they can test out LifeStation and get their money back if the medical alert service doesn't work for them. LifeStation is essentially risk-free, and anyone can try the service without committing to any fees or contracts.

Five-Day Battery for Mobile System

LifeStation's mobile medical alert system has an impressive battery life of up to five days, which is an upgrade from the previous 36 hours. This is considered impressively long, especially compared to other medical alert companies. Having a lengthy alarm battery life ensures the medical alert owner does not have to worry about charging the system every day and has the ability to go days without having to worry about doing so. LifeStation also replaces medical alert batteries for free so customers do not have to worry that this cost would be out of their pocket.

In the case of a power outage, LifeStation's system also has a backup battery that lasts for up to 32 hours. When your power turns back on, the battery will begin to self-charge.

Waterproof Alert Button

All of LifeStation's medical alert buttons are waterproof. This means you don't have to worry about taking off the alert device when showering, taking a bath, or during other activities that involve water. This is especially convenient since wet areas are the most fall-prone areas, so it is a major plus that you'll still have protection in these instances.

"Find My Loved One" Feature

For a limited time, LifeStation has created a "Find My Loved One" feature to go with all mobile GPS device packages. This feature allows anyone on the emergency contact list of the medical alert owner to text "Find + [medical alert owner's name]." The contact will then receive a text message with a link to the address of the loved one's location on a map.

Whether it's used as an extra safety precaution or a way to find a medical alert device if lost, this feature adds additional peace of mind and added security for medical alert owners and their loved ones. With a simple text, they can check up on their loved ones and their whereabouts at any time.

Free Spousal Alert Monitoring

If you have a spouse or another person in your home who also wants medical alert monitoring, LifeStation will provide the monitoring services completely free. The only cost the second medical alert user is responsible for is an extra help button, which is $3.99 per month.

LifeStation Reviews

LifeStation consumer reviews are overwhelmingly positive, highlighting exceptional LifeStation customer service, affordable pricing, quick response times, and quality equipment. LifeStation complaints are minimal, demonstrating a positive customer experience and awarding LifeStation a high star rating. Knowing LifeStation has reliable service and highly trained professionals can give consumers peace of mind that their loved one using the medical alert device will be taken care of.

1,000-Foot Range from Base Station

LifeStation has a 1,000-foot range from the base station for its medical alert devices. Many medical alert providers have lower ranges closer to 600 ft. A larger range gives consumers more flexibility in how far they can travel from the medical alert device base station and ensures more protection in the case of a fall or another emergency.

The Bad

Additional Fees

One way LifeStation's alert service falls short of its competitors, who offer spouse coverage at no additional charge, is by charging an additional fee of $3.99 per month for every extra alert button. Also at an extra cost is a LockBox, a bathroom and hallway alert button, and automatic fall detection, which some companies offer for free or include in the subscription fee. However, the fee is minimal and won't raise your monthly payment by a significant amount. Check out LifeStaton reviews below to see if this has proved to be a problem to past customers.

The Bottom Line

LifeStation offers both standard benefits as well as modern technological features like mobile GPS tracking technology and audible notifications, letting users know the battery needs to be recharged. LifeStation's pricing is on par with the lower to middle range of industry standards with a price-lock guarantee of one monthly rate and a 30-day money-back guarantee.

LifeStation's greatest strength lies in the industry certifications it holds, such as UL approval and TMA certified instructors to provide peace of mind. The major selling points are LifeStation's state of the art monitoring center, the automatic alerts for caregivers, and LifeStation Fall Detection. The medical alert service is known for its quality medical alert systems with high-end equipment, exceptional customer service, and affordable pricing, including a low-priced monthly fee, no activation fee, no equipment fee, and no contract length.

If you're interested in learning more about the medical alert provider, read LifeStation reviews below to see what current and past customers have to say about the company, its customer service, its equipment, and more.

Call our recommended rep over at LifeStation below.

Ruth
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They always answer me within 40 seconds. They're very courteous.Very clear, very concise. Just very good. I like that it's easy to access. It's powerful. I can talk from close by or in another room or even from the basement and they can hear me. I like that if they don't get an answer, they come automatically. The one time I really needed it, I had an issue, it was not LifeStation, it was the phone line because it was down. I was not able to use my LifeStation and I was on the floor for 2 days and finally somebody came to fine me and I had medical treatment after that. It wasn't LifeStation's fault, it was the phone service's.

Linda
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They've always been there when I needed them. LifeStation is always there when I hit the button, they answer right away. When I fell and I couldn't get up, I needed help so they called the fire department and they came and got me up.

Paul
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I like it. It's handy. I tested it one time and it was a little bit longer than usual and I happened to walk out of the house and while I was out, the person called me and I got the fire department and police pulling up in front of my house. I'm satisfied with the job they've done.

Ramona
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've only used LifeStation once and the response was good.

Max
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They've been reliable. It's worked for my mom and it's an essential tool for her to be able to live at home. It's been very reliable. They seem to update things correctly and there hasn't been really much of a problem or issue with it. We have tested it on numerous occasions and the customer support and feedback we had was always prompt and accurate so we were happy with that. We've had it for 5-7 years now. Early on, there were a number of times that in her sleep the button got pressed but in the last three years, that hasn't been an issue so there's not even been false alarms which is good for everybody.

Clare
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've always had a quick response from them and the people that I've talked to have always been informative and very nice on the phone. I like everything about it. I wear it every day and every time I've use it, the people that had come on came some quickly. I had to change the black cloth that hold it because it made my neck raw and hurt so I got a shoelace that was very thin and put it on and that's been fine.

Geraldine
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They always answer the phone it seems. It's a little longer than it was when I first ordered it. I would be a lot more at easy if they answered quicker when they are called. The wait time is a little longer than before. I have the full alert for the falls and it's very sensitive. I have set it off a few times because it's more sensitive than the original I had.

April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

It's okay for what I need but it doesn't reach the farthest that I go.

Barbara
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

When I need the customer support, they were very responsive.

Ella
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The reason I've had trouble with the customer support was that the batteries go down after it's been on the charger all night and it shouldn't do that. The device is so big and heavy. I'm sick of it going off accidentally several times.

Rena Maxine
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time I have ran a test on it, they are automatically right on. Sometimes I like to wear the wrist device but it's always too big for my arm.

Dianna
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They have always been good about helping me.

Sandra
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The contract said that they would send us a prepaid box to return the LifeStation equipment and they didn't.

Jean
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The bracelet that you wear is too heavy and it messes up your clothing. When I tested it, I got a good response.

Agnes
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Every time I push the button, they're right on on time. I used it about five months ago when I fell off my stool and I pushed the button and the fellows were there in no time at all.

Joyce
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The device is very user friendly. I have tested it several times and it's worked every time. There was one time it didn't report but I contacted LifeStation and they immediately reset it. Every time I've contacted them, LifeStation has answered immediately and answered all of my questions.

Janet
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

Even when I accidentally push the button, they get on the line. The customer service is very friendly. They're very very courteous. I live by myself so it's very helpful. There's not been any issues or anything that I dislike about it. One time I wasn't feeling good and I lost my balance and everything and they were real concerned and asking "are you sure you're okay?" and then they called back to know if I needed help.

Wilma
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I've had to use it several times and I have injured myself and it's nice to know that I can get someone here to help me get up off the floor.

Ed
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

The customer service has taken good care of me and solved all my problems. I don't dislike anything, I'm satisfied with the device and happy with the service.

Lee
April 15th, 2019 Honolulu, HI DETAILS

LifeStation always calls me right away whenever there's a problem with our system but we never had much problems. When we test it, it goes real quick.

Vicki
April 15th, 2019 Amarillo, TX DETAILS

There are no dislikes about LifeStation. We've used it several times and everything about it has been good.

Robert And Norma
April 15th, 2019 Bedford, MA DETAILS

The customer support is always responsive and their answers are to the point. The one I wear on my wrist is too big.

Thomas W.
April 15th, 2019 Morongo Valley, CA DETAILS

They do what they say they're going to do and they do more than you expect they'll do. I like the way that they people you talk to answer your questions you need to ask and they're right on the spot. Every time I push the button they always come right on and within a couple minutes they called the fire department on me.

Sadie M
April 15th, 2019 Holtville, CA DETAILS

They've always been there for me. I carry it around my pocket all the time. One time I dropped it and I didn't know if it would still be working, so I called the office and they assured me.

Sue
April 15th, 2019 Canton, MI DETAILS

The customer service has always answered my questions when I have them and usually get back to me pretty quickly when I do call. They have been there on several occasions and they've been very helpful and I appreciate them being there. My dad had fallen and I was not home and I got a call from LifeStation saying that he had fallen and I was able to contact my husband he was able to get home and help him so that was appreciated that if he didn't have LifeStation, he would have been laying on the floor for who knows how long until one of us got home.

Doris
April 15th, 2019 Whiting, NJ DETAILS

I always wear the button towards my body and yesterday by mistake I put it on the other way and I'm in the other part of my house and I hear a voice in my bedroom asking if I was all right.

Geraldine
April 15th, 2019 Whiting, NJ DETAILS

I tested it and the ambulance came very quick.

Mary Jane
April 15th, 2019 New Derry, PA DETAILS

When I tested it, LifeStation answers immediately.

Paul R
April 15th, 2019 Buffalo, NY DETAILS

The device is fine. It works well. I've had this a long time and it's help up very well.

Myrna
April 15th, 2019 Santa Ana, CA DETAILS

My battery died and they were very nice about getting a new one to me and very nice about it, no trouble.

Patricia
April 15th, 2019 Lombard, IL DETAILS

I don't have any problem getting through to them and they take care of everything. The customer service is very good. My brother and I were able to hook it up with ease. We've never had to use it, but when we do test it, so far it's working and everything is fine. We've had it for almost 8 or 9 years now and I'm satisfied with it. There's been no increase in price.

Alice
April 15th, 2019 Orland Park, IL DETAILS

I think the advice when I call in to LifeStation is superb. I used it when I fell and the staff called in for an ambulance and the ambulance came to my home.

Ronald
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

They've always been very responsive and they're very prompt.

April 15th, 2019 Cincinnati, OH DETAILS

Customer service really does try to help you. I did have a problem and I had to call about a million times but every time I called, they were very very nice and they were very helpful. They tried to be very helpful and I finally got it straightened out. I had the one that plugged into a phone jack. We had to use it a couple of times and when you use it, those people that respond are very calm and they stay right with you. You really feel like you're getting supported. I had to use it twice. I bought it for my mother but I had to use it for myself because I was getting sicker and sicker and I finally was in such pain that we decided to call an ambulance so my mother used the device and it was a good thing because by the time they got here, I was almost unconscious and the lady stayed on the phone with my mother until they got here. It was very very helpful.

Apr 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Anonymous! Our customer service specialists are highly trained to be as professional and efficient as possible when on the phone with a customer. I am glad that they were able to help you in whatever way you needed, and i am glad to hear that we were able to help your mother while you were ill.

Henry L
April 15th, 2019 DETAILS

I love everything about the device. I put it on top of my toilet when I was taking a shower and it fell off and it went off and I didn't hear it because I am upstairs and when I got out of the shower, my phone was ringing and it was my daughter and she was calling to see if I was okay and that the paramedics were on their way. I went downstairs and they were already here. So it's beautiful and very safe to have.

Diana
April 15th, 2019 San Clemente, CA DETAILS

They answer right away. My husband had accidentally hit it and they came right on.

Floyd
April 15th, 2019 Mason, OH DETAILS

Sometimes I have wait time for the customer service. I haven't had any problems, I like everything about the device. All the testing has gone just fine. The person is very quick to respond.

Jane
April 15th, 2019 Martinez, CA DETAILS

The customer support is very good and it's always been there for me. The device is okay, it's not very attractive.

Donald
April 15th, 2019 Sitka, AK DETAILS

The representatives are very prompt and very courteous. They answer and want to know if I need help. It's very handy to have.

Margaret
April 15th, 2019 Texarkana, AR DETAILS

I've used it two times to go to the hospital and I found it to be very good. Mine is old and they were going to send me a new one but I told them not to because I've been using this one for years and it's a life saver. One time I was sick and it was in the evening and they took me right to the hospital and my daughter met me there.

Teresa
April 15th, 2019 Middletown, NY DETAILS

The customer service is always available for answering questions or anything else. One time I had a stroke and I used the device to get help. It has saved my life on occasion. I live alone and that was my way to get help when I had fallen down.

Mary
April 15th, 2019 Myrtle Beach, SC DETAILS

The customer service answers right away. Sometimes it goes off when there isn't a reason for it, but it doesn't happen often. I did have one bad fall where it didn't go off, but I didn't fall from a height. I did fall in the yard once and there were no neighbors need and I called the emergency squad and they came.

April 15th, 2019 Robbinsville, NC DETAILS

LifeStation answers pretty regularly. I have never had to call for an emergency, but we check to see if it still works and it does.

Linda
April 15th, 2019 Fenton, MI DETAILS

They've been there when we need them. They were quick about doing what they had to do. The only thing they need to improve upon is possibly the phone numbers coming up to people that they're reaching out to if a person needs help. They come up as an out of state call and a lot of people aren't answering them. Two separate occasions, we were notified that my mother was in trouble and we were able to get to her quickly.

Lynda
April 15th, 2019 Brooklyn, NY DETAILS

We got a text from LifeStation because my mother-in-law pressed her button. I was very confused why they didn't just call us. I would have appreciated the phone call rather than the text.

Apr 18, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to write a review Lynda! The way that our procedure works is that when the button is pressed, if it is an actual emergency we will go through the call list and contact them in the order that was set. If however, the button press is accidental, we will send a text message to let you know that a button press did occur, but that the situation did not escalate to the point where we had to call the people on the list. I hope this gives you better clarification on why you received a text message and not a phone call.

Elizabeth
April 15th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

There's been a time where we pushed the button and it took a good two minutes for somebody to come on the line. The equipment's pretty bulky and takes quite a bit of counter space. We've had to have it replaced four different times. The most recent time we tested it, it took like three minutes to get somebody on the line.

Apr 18, 2019

We appreciate your feedback Elizabeth. The safety of our customers is our #1 priority and we are constantly working to ensure that you get the fastest response time possible.

April 15th, 2019 La Crescenta, CA DETAILS

They are always available and very helpful. There's nothing about it that I dislike and it's easy to use. There's been lots of times that we've tested it to make sure that it was working and someone always come online and was able to help us.

Apr 18, 2019

Thank you for the review Anonymous!

Dorothy
April 15th, 2019 Virginia Beach, VA DETAILS

I did have to use it and the paramedics came out.

Apr 18, 2019

I am sorry that you had to use the device Dorothy, but i am glad that we were able to provide you with the help you needed. Thank you for taking the time to write a review!

April 15th, 2019 Saint Cloud, FL DETAILS

One time I was home and I couldn't get to the device but I made a sound. It goes off if you can't get to the button and you just ask for help. And they ask if you need help and you say yes and you don't have to say anything more. They got the ambulance right away and I'm okay.

Apr 18, 2019

Thanks for the review Anonymous! We are glad to hear that you enjoy having the LifeStation system.

Shelley
April 15th, 2019 Elmira, NY DETAILS

Every time I have to use LifeStation, they've been very helpful. I like that it works quickly but I don't like that when I'm upstairs, I don't think it's possible for me to talk to them. I'm on a severe insulin because I'm a diabetic and I've had to use it when my blood sugar has gotten so low that I'm passing out, so that works good. I've been upstairs and leaned against the window and started the alarm and I wasn't able to cancel it from upstairs. I wish there was a way to cancel it from the device.

Apr 18, 2019

Thank you for the review and feedback Shelley! If you are worried about being able to talk to us when using the device, we would ask you to make sure that the device is in the center of your home to allow it the greatest chance of being able to reach you anywhere in the house.