ADT Home Health

Call Now Visit Site

ADT Home Health verified Companies can verify their Best Company profile through contacting us. Once a company profile has been claimed and verified by Best Company, we work with the company to ensure the information on our site is as accurate as possible.

ADT's origins date back to the late 1800's as a telegraph company. With each passing decade, ADT (American District Telegraph) expanded into more advanced communication technologies before crossing over into the electronic security industry.  In 2011, ADT North America Residential Business became a leading provider of home security and fire alarm systems in North America, serving residential homes, small businesses, and home health business lines. Today, ADT is one of the best-known and trusted brands in the security industry, with over one billion dollars in annual revenue and 6.4 million customers.

The Good

• Secure Communication 24/7
  • 6-Month Money-Back Service Guarantee
  • Three System Options

Secure Communication 24/7

ADT Home Health products include a two-way voice intercom, fall detection pendant, and a personal help button, available in either wristband or pendant options. Their personal help or emergency alert buttons are 100% water resistant and can safely be worn in the bath or shower to protect members while bathing.

6-Month Money-Back Service Guarantee

It operates six US customer monitoring centers that include state-of-the-art technology and secure communication 24/7. ADT medical alert systems are backed by a 6-month money-back service guarantee. If customers are unhappy with their service in the first six months, they can cancel membership to receive a full refund on their installation and monitoring services. This is one of the longer money-back guarantees available for medical alert systems today.

Three System Options

ADT's best asset is its household brand name. The ADT Medical Alert system offers customers three system options: Medical Alert Basic, Medical Alert Plus, and On-The-Go Emergency Response.

The basic system comes with a base unit including two-way voice intercom, a high/low-temperature sensor, battery back-up, and either a wireless waterproof pendant or a wireless waterproof wristband. The Cellular On-The-Go option includes a Mobile Device with two-way voice, a wireless waterproof pendant or wristband cradle charger, along with a power cord and mobile carrying case. The On-the-Go Emergency Response system is mobile and will work within the AT&T digital cellular network. The pendants and wristbands need to be within 100 feet of the mobile unit to function properly.

The product pages on ADT's website are well-suited for the elderly with enlarged images and large easy-to-read print. Only the basic system requires a landline. The Plus and Mobile Systems do not.

The Bad

• No Price Guarantee
  • GPS Is Not Operated by ADT
  • Monitoring Centers Are Not CSAA Five Diamond Certified

No Price Guarantee

ADT's benefits seem to be outweighed by its fine print which undermines its promises. The monthly subscription, for example, has a Lifetime Price Guarantee but this does not include taxes, fees, or modifications to services after the initial purchase. In essence, there is no price guarantee.

GPS Is Not Operated by ADT

The On-The-Go system and services use and rely on the availability of cellular network coverage and the availability of global positioning system (GPS) data to operate properly; however, GPS is not operated by ADT.

Prices are subject to change. Standard pendants are not free with the monthly subscription, either. There is a one-time charge per accessory. The first standard pendant or wristband is $5 per month. The first fall detection pendant is $10 per month. Therefore, customers would be paying at least an additional $15 per month with the subscription price. Fall detection is compatible with their 3G medical alert systems only. Those who prefer an in-home option will be able to use automatic fall detection features with their system. If a fall is likely to happen at home, and automatic fall detection is a preference, the 3G system may be more helpful. Professional installation of the Home Health Companion Service is $49.00 and there's a 12-month monitoring contract required at $29.95/month minimum.

Monitoring centers are not CSAA Five Diamond Certified.

The Bottom Line

ADT Home Health works with AARP and USAA Members to provide full benefits while purchasing their service. It also requires new customers to pass a credit check in order to be eligible for their medical alert systems & services.

ADT is not recommended for personal emergency response system use. There are many superior options available elsewhere without the hidden fees and service limitations.

Call our recommended rep over at ADT Home Health below.

17 ADT Home Health Reviews

1. Select Your Rating

2. Subject For This Review * (Select all that apply)

0 characters

3. Review Validation*

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Best Company

Thanks for submitting your review!

Next Step: Verify your email

We have sent a verification email to the following email address:

September 26th, 2017 Roanoke, TX

Customer service was really helpful. They worked with me to help setup and I couldn't have done it without them. I would definitely recommend ADT to those who are looking for a reliable system and support!

1 0

September 25th, 2017

Excellent cus. service - I was on the phone for no more than 5 minutes before they helped me completely. It's really nice to speak to a human when trying to get assistance.

September 25th, 2017 Belton, TX

Pretty awsome service, never had a problem with connection or downtime. The temprature sensor is also very nice, I find it's more accurate that my phone.

September 22nd, 2017 Woodway, TX

yep, my experience with ADT health has been teriffic. I hate worrying about if things will break or not, I want them to just work. They have been very reliable and I trust my new system!

3 0

September 21st, 2017 Scottown, OH

seriously a good company. We have 2 kids who depend on our health and I wouldnt let that in the hands of anyone else. ADT has a reliable systems and I'm very happy we went with them.

September 19th, 2017 Charleston, SC

Nice!! I'm very impressed with ADT, to me it's always been a brand I can trust. Their network is excellent and their phone people are helpful. I can't comment on all of the systems but the on the go is very convenient and works well.

September 19th, 2017 Matawan, NJ

ADT Home Health had several options to choose from, some systems are better for others. I liked having that choice though. Customer service was also pretty good. I've been looking for a system for quite a while now but I think I've found the one.

August 10th, 2017 Madison, NJ

Easy to install. Customer service terrific. Can make the volume very high. The only negative is that I have experienced a couple of false alarms for detecting falls. Still, would recommend this product.

8 0

June 18th, 2017

I have been customer for many years, and I never used ADT service, but I am happy to know I am connected with this emergency service. They been checking with me personally and their equipment in different abnormal occasions. They have been yet professional very friendly. ADT personal emergency service was recommended by AARP.

9 1

May 14th, 2017 Greenville, IL

I've not had to use the ADT service in an emergency but I have been comforted to know what to expect from ADT because of events that have disrupted service, such a power failure. Also, all the monthly calls from ADT checking on me and their equipment, have been professional yet friendly, brief yet thorough and timely with respect to my day's activities.

10 0

April 6th, 2017 Minneapolis, MN

My mother has been an ADT customer for almost 2 years. We chose the company because of its name and the services it provided. We became customers after my mother fell in her bathroom as was lying on the floor for several hours with her arms pinned beneath her body. Because of that incident, it was essential that we find a service that offered fall detection. ADT is a wonderful company, and I have nothing but positive things to say about it. Is it the cheapest out there? I'm sure it isn't. However, I have no problems paying an extra $10 or $15 a month for the fantastic customer service we receive. I have never had a rude or disrespectful customer service agent. Whenever we've spoken with one of their agents, either over the phone or through the base unit, we have had calm, respectful service. They call always us "Miss" or "Ms," and they are wonderful at providing quick, reliable service. In fact, the agent calls people on our emergency call list and then calls us back to let us know that she's done so or just to make sure that help has arrived and we don't need additional services. I'm completely willing to pay for that level of customer service. I'm not wealthy by any means, but the additional expense is definitely worth it.

12 0

February 2nd, 2017

My father (age 82) had an ADT System installed, but the training he received in how to use the system was inferior because he set off the alarm 3 times in the first few months he had the system. ADT would not provide additional training so he just turned the system off. When my father asked if he could cancel the system (for lack of knowledge on how to use it), the company said absolutely not! My father said he would stop paying for the system, but ADT explained he had a lifetime contract and could not back out, and if he stopped payment it would jeopardize his credit. So, my father continued to pay for service on a monthly basis, but never used the service. I tried to encourage ADT to allow my father out of his contract, explaining he was elderly and didn't know how to use the system, but mistakenly set it off on a few occasions and was charged 2 to 3 hundred dollars every time the gleam was triggered. So, the best phone call I've ever made was when I finally called jADT and told them my father would no longer be making his monthly payments because he had DIED!! DO NOT (under any circumstances) buy this product. NO customer service, exploit elderly, charge for no service, etc.

22 2

January 5th, 2017

I have had this product for about six months and have had to use it twice. The ADT service connected quickly with the paramedics; they were here in minutes. Since I live alone I find having this service invaluable. Everything has worked out so well, I couldn't be more pleased. By the way I decided on ADT, against other suggestions, because my 87 year old mother has had ADT's service for years!

6 2

December 24th, 2016 Las Vegas, NV

Everything has been as promised from delivery, billing, performance and customer service--who on 12/22/2016 detected a fall, called my mother via radio, confirmed she was bleeding, dispatched EMS and contacted the family in minutes. Also, called with updates in real time.

7 0

October 8th, 2016

I've had the whole system, medical emergency, fall detection and GPS for almost a year.. The only problem is that the button is extremely sensitive. If you turn in bed or swipe your hand over the button, the alarm goes on, which is what it is supposed to do, but I just wish that it isn't so sensitive. It's gone off three times for no reason.

6 0

September 15th, 2016 Lexington, KY

My mom uses this and I live out of town. They call me if she presses her alarm and they follow up about 30 min later after checking with the paramedics about the status of things. I usually have been able to find out already but it is very comforting and they are always very helpful.

4 0

August 2nd, 2016

I have been extremely happy with this system. I am an active senior. I wear the base station in its convenient holder (on m y belt) and can go anywhere I want. The few times I set it off by accident brought a quick response from polite and caring representatives. It provides a lot of security to have it with you anywhere you go and you know they can locate you if you need help. I sincerely recommend it for active people, young or old.

11 0