ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Protect America chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Frontpoint chevron_right

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and climate control. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks
  • Smart lights
  • Smart thermostat
  • Remote garage door
  • Video doorbell camera
  • Smart switches & plugs

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT-Monitored Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Debbie Parkman
November 13th, 2019 Summerville, SC DETAILS

Buyer beware. Things will be fine until you need to cancel service. Then, brace yourself for hours of harassment. Don’t go with them. Their are many other companies that will give you the same service at a better rate but more importantly, allow you to cancel. My experience was nightmare

Tabatha
November 7th, 2019 Walterboro, SC DETAILS

They don't even deserve one star a horrible company. They take your money even after you have paid them everything you owe. Wait months later thinking you won't notice. Tell you they don't know why then all the sudden come up with a reason why. Taking money from my kids because they think it ok to do. Lied told me I was getting it all back then came up with a reason on why I would not get the money back. Not one but at least 4 told me and 4 told my boyfriend different people. Told us we would be getting the full amout back. Just because they came up with a reason they now are not. Nothing but a bunch of Liars. #1 company yeah right they are 15 on here no telling how low anywhere else. When they treat their customers like this what do you expect.

Donna
November 5th, 2019 Lansdowne, PA DETAILS

I contacted ADT last month in Oct. I still have not received a contract or anything in writing other than a paper bill and email notification of an upcoming bill for 53.99. I contacted the ADT customer service 6 times within the last because of the promotion that was also sold to me included a refund for installation. Each representative promises to send an email with instructions for the installation rebate yet I still haven't received any email checked daily spam folder as well. Eventually I receive an email notification for my upcoming bill which I really appreciated the notification but it's not the correct monthly agreement the representative sold me during my installation call. I contacted the ADT to inform them of the error. They said it's out of the 30 days to downgrade but I say it not a downgrade it's in my contract I agreed to on the phone. However again, I've never received a written contract or confirmation. I asked that the recorded conversation be investigated so it can be honored as it was sold. I was never informed of any change to my agreement until I received the bill notification. I have been mislead other incidents in this short month by ADT as well. In my frustration I decided to cancel this contract completely. I was told I had 30 days, on 10/25 I called to cancel they said I had 3 days to cancel. At this point I still hadn't received the bill notification so I didn't know about the error. Then 11/1 I noticed the error and along with all the other incident over the past month with ADT and it authorized "Dealers" which they keep transferring my call to, I'm the victim on a scam. They have locked me into a contract by giving me incorrect deadlines dates, non existent promotions, and almost doubled my monthly bill amount for 24 months without my consent. I previously had Vivint for 6 years 49.99 a month, no issues better more modern equipment user friendly and efficient, however I was attracted to ADT lower bill promoted 36.99 and due to no longer in contract with Vivint, I went for the bait and got scammed. The ADT touch screen alarm panel looks outdated compared to Vivints, speaker phone options like Vivint had either if emergency can hear and speak to representative from monitoring center from a good distance in my home. My ADT experience is a nightmare, I’ll be returning to Vivint and spreading the word about how terrible America’s best alarm company is. I can’t even believe they can say this in there ads as horrible as everything has been. I am now realizing the other reviews people have written and it’s all similar. ADT is not a good company to get serviced from.

Carol
November 5th, 2019 Colton, CA DETAILS

This is the WORST COMPANY I HAVE dealt with bunch of liars and bad customer service. Don't get them. I'm totally dissatisfied with the cameras their outsorced installers put in. They put an indoor camera OUTSIDE and my door bell camera has never worked. To top it off I did not get my $100 visa credit because you has to submit a request within 30 day otherwise u forfiet the credit which the initial installer did not tell me. Now I'm paying for nothing. I'm going to small claims court.

Larry
October 29th, 2019 Eagle Grove, IA DETAILS

I am a new customer to ADT. The entire experience has been terrible. I would not advise anyone to do business with them. I could not get my mobile app to work and called in for assistance, very long wait time. Different people told me different things to correct my problem, none of which worked. One person even told me to use a different companies app. Finally 4th person was very good and told me to only call one department, not customer service as they are the only ones properly trained. It then worked fine. They have a $100 rebate available that when you download certificate you have to send a check for $4.95 for shipping and handling to get the rebate. You also have to send this 3rd party a copy of your front page of contract, with all your personal information. Don't they get it that we don't want all our information shared to people we don't know. You would think a security company would understand that. All my contacts with anyone who works there has been horrible with the exception of the one employee.

Don Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

They provide good service, but I wish they would provide free/inexpensive upgrades to their equipment. The system we had grew out-dated in a few years. It worked but was very low-tech compared to newer systems

Alyssa Boren
October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT

When I lived with my grandmother she used ADT and I always felt safe and it was easy to figure out how to type in the codes.

Amy Boren
October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS

I grew up in a home that had an ADT alarm system and I always felt safe. It was easy to set and they responded promptly when needed. They were great!

eddie
September 30th, 2019 Macomb, MI

wouldn't even it give a one star. been waiting5 days now for service .numerous tranfers, be here within 24 hrs then 24-72 hrs still waiting. terrible service

Ted Johnson
September 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

ADT has been easy to install, I am able to log in and out easily and turn it on and off and do not have alarms tripped. They have given me the peace of mind to know that my home and family are safe.

Missy P
September 25th, 2019 Sun City, AZ

Dont use ADT . I called to see about a system they wanted my SS # to check my credit I said no they said we can check it with your name so I gave it to them thinking that was weird but it wouldn't ding my credit score then they did the gift card trick like you see on these reviews.. They asked for credit card number then they would reimburse with the gift card so I agreed. When the salesman came out Dan L. He opened a new box with a system in it, I looked at my daughter who is my witness to all I'm saying and she said um we're just looking today he nodded his head yes.. little did we know he was setting up a system before I even knew the price etc.. then later he tells us how much over $1,000 for equipment, $60 a month and 3 yr contract.. well I knew I wasn't doing that and my daughter said we would get back with him later if we're interested, he said he could leave the system for 30 days just to see how to handle it but if I had an emergency to call 911 bc it's not activated we agreed, so he leaves. Then 3 days later I get a charge on my CC so I called them and asked what is this?? She said on your contract.. Omg.. I said I never signed a contract.. yes you did she said I can send it to your email, so I get it and said again I didn't sign that and it doesn't even look like my signature on the E pad he used to forge my signature.. she said oh it wouldn't look like your signature.. really ! This was July 12. She said I could cancel my contract well I was livid bc I never signed a contract so I'm not agreeing to that.. so now it's the middle of September I have an attorney on it then they want to release me from my contract.. I said I never had one. Also my attorney advised me to write the Attorney General where you can file a complaint SO I DID.. they sent a letter to ADT and Defenders their 3rd party team in which I was told Adt uses them to get the sales/contract and the set up.. then ADT buys the contract from them, what a scam! So my daughter and I have spent hours upon hours , attorney advice, Attorney general and it's still not over bc I won't sign a release of contract bc I Never had one!! Please all of you write your attorney general that was a big step in ADT/ Defenders doing something. I'm like the rest of you if I could give a negative star I would do -100 oh I shouldn't leave this out.. so they refunded the two charges back to my CC but they have their call center people harassing me to pay my bill.. oh that makes sense! Again -100 stars. Fraud all over it.

kristin Gneiting
September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have been pretty happy with our alarm ADT-Monitored Security system. Our package is around $30 a month and it comes with a 6 month Money Back Guarantee. We have window sensors, door sensors, and motion detectors as well. We have 24/7 security monitoring which gives me a secure feeling when I go to sleep at night. For a dollar a day you can't beat that!

Loretta Loop Smith
September 9th, 2019 Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA DETAILS

Promises of great customer service at a premium price. We had them for years. No significant problems except cameras going off -line everytime the power goes out and they had to come out. Then we decided to remodel and needed to have the service turned off for a period of time. That was a hassle all by itself. Then trying to get it back on was a disaster, but they kept billing us for months when the service wasn't connected. The service people came out a laughed saying that reconnecting our service would take hours and hours and cost over a$1,000. We switched to a different company that actually does give service once you pay for your equipment.

Jeanne Russell
September 5th, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS

ADT never provided any semblance of customer service. Since I ordered it disconnected, the alarm system pad on the bedroom wall continues to chirp (beep) randomly ... usually in the middle of the night. I despise this company.

Toni L Boyd
September 3rd, 2019 Porter, TX

Came to install system on the 23rd but didn't have yi-fi yet so they didn't install anything, just drilled a big hole in the wall. The installer called and told them to cancel the order and I called the customer service the next morning (24th) and the girl told me I needed to call David. Spoke to him and he said he would cancel the order. On the 26th they charged me for the installation that they didn't do. I have called 2 times since then and was told on the 30th that it would be in my account within 24 to 48 hours, but it is the 2nd and still no refund. I don't know Why they charged me 2 days days later for something they didn't do. Not happy.

Roberto
August 28th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

I had ADT for 40 years. Never had a problem. Quick service and the police is always at my house within 5-10 minutes.

Kim
August 26th, 2019 Willoughby, OH DETAILS

I do not feel safe with this security system! I bought ADT security 10 years ago after my next door neighbor was burglarized. I had them out late last year to check on a problem with my system. They originally had me replace batteries in the hallway which did not resolve the problem, then tried to charge me a $100 fee for a service call even after it was determined that my system was not even working for 2 years!!! So after I found out I was without security for 2 years without even knowing it, I asked how i could periodically check to see if it was working. One way, I was told was to do a live check. In other words to trip the alarm. Last night I decided to do that. As the alarm started, for what I thought was an eternity, I thought I would go deaf. And then a voice came over the system saying "ALARM, Garage door", maybe three times, and all I kept thinking was NO KIDDING!!!! And no "LIVE" call! What a joke!!! I finally inputted my code and a recorded voice came over "disarmed, not ready to arm"! Then a phone call voice recorded saying since I inputted my code I did not receive a "live" call???? REALLY???? Then I called the number that had just called me and the woman on the other end was laughing...I think at me!!!! I said to her, "What if someone was holding me or my grandchild at gunpoint and I had to give them the number, she then said a 4 digit number that I could have put in as a distress number that would have alerted the police. I was a more scared than before because if she just gave me that number that freely, how many more people know that same 4 digit code??? I have paid this company about $7000 over 10 years and believe I would have been better without it!!! I hate ADT and will be looking for another security system in the very near future!!!!!

Amy H.
August 20th, 2019 Wilmington, NC DETAILS

I recently sold a home that I had a three year contract for an ADT security system. I read the contract word for word and on page 5, section 2 it clearly states that you may cancel your contract at any time and pay 75% of the remaining monitoring fees on your contract. I called a week ago to cancel the service and had the exact amount of the remaining 75%. After being on hold for over 40 minutes, the rep told me whe didn't have a copy of my contract. She informed me that I would have to give 30 days notice and then allow another 2 weeks for them to send me my final invoice for service. She could not tell me where in the contract that these parameters were stated. I then informed her about page 5, section 2. She said "hold on, I am reading your contract". Ten minutes go by and she finally says she has to transfer me. I then (for the fourth time) have to start over by giving my name, address, ect. to another rep. I then inform her about my issue and said I just want to cancel my service and pay the remaining 75%. I started to protest and she hung up on me. So you are telling me that if I buy a house that has an ADT security system installed that the former owner has complete control over the system for another six weeks after we have closed and the deed has been recorded? I still have access to the system both online and my phone app. That is absurd and scary. I contacted ADT via their online chat, explained my situation and they said I would have to call the cancellation department back and they could not help me any further. Absolutely ridiculous! I am now having to set aside another hour away from work to be able to call and start the process over, with no guarantee that they will cancel and charge me 75% of the remaining balance due just as it STATES IN THE CONTRACT. I am a real estate agent and will NEVER recommend that my clients use ADT again. Awful company, inept cancellation department and horrific customer service.

Evan
August 16th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS

ADT has a great brand, but they use that to overcharge their customers, especially relative to the new start ups in the space, like SimpliSafe. On top of that, they lock you into multi-year contracts and if you move or need to cancel your service, the only option is to pay off the entire balance. I understand this model if you are paying off equipment, but for them you buy all equipment up front as well. I highly recommend you try anyone else.

Trent
August 1st, 2019 Locust Dale, VA DETAILS

I have had ADT service for several (10-15) years. My experience is as follows: PRO: 1. Reliable monitoring service 2. Good APP 3. Friendly personnel on phone service 4. Service (Tech) on site personnel are savy and professional CON: 1. Must pay for service calls 2. Monthly service charges continue to escalate. I started at $39/month and charges are now $52/month. Thinking of switching vendors

Dr.J
July 30th, 2019 Russell, KY DETAILS

We have used ADT for over 25 years. At one time we were satisfied, but we live in a rural area and the people who serviced our equipment were very good. For several years the service has been next to non-existent, while their monitoring fees continue to rise. Now, if I want a service technician we must wait for the nearest tech (ADT claims that is ~100 miles) to be in the area. I'm cancelling ADT this week.

Sharkdiver
July 29th, 2019 Plainview, NY DETAILS

Wish I could give ZERO stars. Worst company I have ever had the misfortune to do business with. Lies and coercion are their tactics. Do yourself a favor and DO NOT USE THEM!! They will not meet you halfway even in distress circumstances. I have to pay a $1,100 early termination fee bc my new house already had a security system and I do not want to move this one. The reps are all rude and hateful. They stick to the letter of the law with their contract, not realizing the ill will they are generating. I have had three siblings cancel ADT bc of the shameful treatment I have received. What goes around comes around. I am on a one woman crusade to protect my friends and family from this evil company!!!

Brenda
July 24th, 2019 Huntington Beach, CA DETAILS

ADT has some issues but by far is the best and most reliable security system available. After my father who lived 98 miles away passed away minutes away, my nephew who had lived with him had to be evicted. My nephew broke into the house and stole EVERYTHING he could pawn. He continued to break into the house for revenge. We got ADT, love the app, the response and their relationship with the local police stopped him from breaking in and destroying the work we were working on to improve the house. The app gave me the security knowing I could always check the status of the system. My nephew tried to tear out the electrical system to get into the house but the backup power system contacted , they also ADT who contacted me, they contacted the police who dispatched the police to the house. Very reliable system. Because we had ADT I could sleep at night. We were allowed to cancel the contract after only 1 year, no penalties due to selling the house. ADT worked with me and did not stick to the contract. Not only do I recommend them I am so very thankful they protected the hard work put into the house to sell it. The equipment was failsafe and so worth my piece of mind being so far away. The dispatchers at ADT were always very sympathetic and efficient. Well worth the cost for such outstanding protection. Also the sales reps did not try to oversell, each time we had to upgrade they did not pressure us, they let us decide what we needed. I live in Calif, not only miles count but traffic conditions can turn a 90 minute drive into hours. ADT prevented me from going up a 3,500 foot hill to check on the house.

Mark
July 22nd, 2019 Bellevue, WA DETAILS

Service did not work as intended since they use AT&T as their carrier and AT&T did not work. They spent 8 hours at my house only to tell me that. They had to come back to try with an additional antenna and that was to no avail. I had the service removed but canceling was a hassle and I initially still did not get my money back. A lot of upselling. Maybe they're a good company with an established dominance in the industry, so just be sure to confirm that AT&T will work well in your house and that you're fully aware of all your upfront costs and monthly bills.

Anne-Marie Reed
July 15th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

For the most part our security system and cameras have worked great. We ran into trouble when our cameras stopped working for no apparent reason. I spoke to Malik on the phone to ask for assistance but I kept hearing him reiterate the cost of having a technician come out to fix the problem. Of course, I’m paying nicely for the system to work in the first place. He started talking in “tech” language, telling me to locate a black ADT Netgear tower. We don’t have one and he was made aware of this very clearly in the beginning. After 20 minutes of a wild goose chase trying to locate the necessary ADT device in my home per his insistence (one would think the equipment and location would be documented by ADT), he’s made aware that I can only find a small white device plugged into an outlet. I eventually fixed the problem but I was left feeling frustrated for receiving inaccurate information and unhelpful “assistance” from this ADT employee. A few times during the call I waited while there was dead silence for minutes on his end and had to ask if he was still there on the line. I’ll give them one more chance.

The Real ADT
July 8th, 2019 Spring Hill, FL DETAILS

I have had no trouble with ADT in the fifteen years I have been working with them. I always call the ADT authorized service number, and get great service. When my unit showed the battery was low, they told me to buy it locally because of the difference in price. I believe that some of these low ratings come from the scam company. About two years ago we were contacted by a company calling itself ADT. They offered us an unbelievable upgrade on our system, so my wife asked them to call back so that I could hear about it. They did call again, and it sounded good, so I said the representative could come to our house. I again asked if this was ADT security, and the person on the phone said they were associated with ADT. I didn't feel right about this, and started doing some research. The company was NOT associated in any way with ADT and had horrible reviews. They also ran a credit check on me without any authorization. They only wanted my money. The day they were to come, I had security at the gate refuse entry to the neighborhood. Luckily, I hadn't signed any contract, because they continued to pester me about "Why I didn't want the "ADT" service upgrade. Check out the contract you have, and make sure you call the authorized ADT service number. I still have my original contract with ADT in my files, and they haven't broken any of it yet.

Sally Nelson
July 1st, 2019 Little Elm, TX DETAILS

We unfortunately got tangled up with this company June of 2018. It’s been one complete giant nightmare. We’ve experienced equipment that was ordered and not in inventory, equipment that was malfunctioning (keypad automatic lock sticking which resulted in being locked out), techs not explaining equipment and or company (your limited on recordings, it stops if you don’t know how to set up and delete and monitor), extreme poor customer service from the second your attached to this company from conversations to email content that is misleading & untruthful and harassing (doesn’t explain the connection with Brinks, uses threats such as Brinks doesn’t want you as a customer if payments aren’t made—yes I receive these weekly), poor training, high turn over (a contact left I was trying to call and for months nobody got back with my issue because the voicemail was never checked and I could go on and on. Today I actually called Brinks and I’ll be sending all this proof to them today, Brinks, denied the statement that ADT was making in emails about not wanting or giving me up as a customer. If you don’t want your life on a daily basis in stress and want to be SAFE in your home DO not contact this company. They need to be dissolved and should be ashamed of theirselves.

Jennifer Smith
June 26th, 2019 Riverview, FL DETAILS

If I had the option they would receive 0 stars. SAVE YOUR MONEY & DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME!!!!! The phone reps are completely incompetent!! I set up my account with ADT in December 2014 under no contract at a rate pf $52.99/mth. I realized that the rate had been periodically increasing without any notice from ADT so I called on June 17th to cancel the service. The prick on the phone offered to give me a rate reduction back to my original $50/mth for the next 5 years so I said sure. He placed me on a brief hold and came back to the line and that's when his little scheme started. He carried on so rapidly about the terms & conditions and quickly threw the word contract in at the end and that if I canceled before the 5 year period that I would still be responsible for 70% of the total charge over the 5 year span. Clearly my response was "No I do not accept! I am not under contract now, nor am I going to be!" I told him to go ahead cancel, he then offered $55/mth without conratual terms for 12 months so I asked what's the catch? Again, I would have to call back in 12 months for another rate reduction. I said ok, I can deal with that. Well, today I noticed a charge to my account for nearly $70 from ADT. So once I again I called and was very nice as I explained the situation (which clearly I shouldn't have to do if they notated their calls properly.) Anyhow, the rep confirmed with her manager that the rate reduction should be effective June 17th but that I would have to be transferred to Account Management for the manual credit but that the hold time was 10-15 mins. Ok, no problem. So here I am holding for the extent of that period, when I am the one calling due to their mistake, and their line disconnects me. At this point I was starting to become frustrated. So I immediately called back.... Explained my scenario all over again and stated that I have already held for the 10-15 mins and was not going to hold again. So the prick on the phone this time, named Corey, told me that I need to call back in the morning when their phone volume isn't so high and hung up on me. At this point, I was pissed and right back at square one wanting to cancel the service and cut my ties with this incompetent company!!! I called back for a 3rd time on the same day (today) within an hour. I obviously had to explain myself again and the rep now tells me that she is going to get someone on the line immediately to assist me as she apologized for my inconvenience. Unfortunately all she did was drop me right back into the hold queue for Account Management. So again I waited as I was determined to cancel this crap service asap!!!! After about a 15 minute hold another rep came on the phone. I again explained myself and situation for the 4th time today. She went on to state that I was a long standing customer and she wants to help me and was very apologetic. So she offers me $19.99/mth for 6 months. I asked if she was joking and reiterated that I finally got to her after over an hour of trying to cancel the service. I went on to say that I am not going to play games with a company that offered me $55/mth last week to $19.99/mth today. So she went on to explain that processing of the cancellation takes 30 days and I will receive a credit of $16 and change at that time for the difference of $69.84 and $55 that it was supposed to be changed to. I insisted that I am canceling service effective today June 24th and expect a full refund that was drawn from my account today of $69.84. She said "thank you" and hung up on me! I HAVE NEVER DEALT WITH SUCH RUDE PEOPLE ON ANY OTHER CALL IN MY LIFE!!!!! THE LACK OF CUSTOMER SERVICE IS COMPLETELY UNBELIEVABLE!!!!!

Willis fath
June 21st, 2019 Canton, OH DETAILS

They told me the service was 47.99 a month! But its 64.99 a month instead! The dude feom adt that installed the system was a moron! I live close to a railroad track and the moron put a window sensor on the garage side door it would go off every time a train went by. I was almost charged 25.00 by the city i live in because the police kept comming out for a false alarm because the installer moron again put a window sensor that senses shock instead of a door sensor that goes off when the door is opened and the sensor beam is broken. They must be charging us 25.00 a month alone for the adt pulse app on our smart phones. The app is free so should the operation of it on our phones as well. They also said since i dont have a land line it would be a bit more because i dont have a land line installed at my home. Cone on! Its 2019 who still has a land line? This is a smart cell phone conutry anymore! And the 36 month contract is B/S as well! They shouldnt be able to do that kinda crap! If you wanna cancel you should be able whenever you want to!

Diem Tonnu
June 19th, 2019 Fresno, CA DETAILS

My house was broken this weekend . The alarm went on. However ADT did not alk the police or notify me. Their answer "we did not get the signal " called and they hung up.

Joseph Sudderth
June 19th, 2019 Madison, MS DETAILS

I’ve had ADT for 2 years now. In those two years I have had to move twice. The thing you need to realize when you move is.... they completely renew your contract each time you move. The previous contract doesn’t roll-over to your new house. So now that I am moving for a third time, my 3 year contract starts all over again. I do not have an additional $1000 to spend to Break this contract and get rid of this security system. This is problem 1. My next issue is the customer service. Nobody communicates with anybody appropriately. The incompetency is amusing. So customer service is absolutely useless. Don’t bother contacting g them for anything. You will leave with more questions than you came in with. Now... today, the ADT person comes out to my house to set up the equipment for a third time.... and a third time I have had to pay a $100 instillation fee. The idiot has no ladder and just put up smoke detectors where he could reach. I told him to take down the equipment and put it in areas that weren’t in the middle of a room. First I had to go to Lowe’s and buy a ladder for the idiot. I guess I needed a ladder anyways for our new house, but I hate that purchase happened because the idiot came unprepared. The idiot was nice and handled my frustration well. There are many other problems but specifically the movin department and customer service need a brake check. Completely over there heads. Not to mention the price of their equipment. Will charge you an arm and a leg to keep you safe. They have no problem taking you money but the return isn’t worth it. Don’t let their advertising convince you deceive you. There is a lot more money involved to secure your home that your not told upfront.

jayne
June 13th, 2019 Waleska, GA DETAILS

This company has a classic bait and switch business model. When we called ADT to have a system installed they sent their authorized representative Defenders to install our system. We wanted to protect two homes and an outbuilding on the same property. We were originally told that this would require two systems with a separate panel for both houses. The outbuilding was to be part of one house’s system. After 4 days (not exaggerating) it was determined that the outbuilding was too far from either house and so it needed its own system for protection. We agreed to the additional cost and the third panel was installed. From the first conversation when we scheduled the installation we were assured my account would be consolidated for billing purposes regardless of the number of physical locations on my property or the number of addresses covered under the account. I also was assured that a manual billing was possible and the only thing they would hit my charge account for was the original installation. I will spare you the details of the initial billing issues that took months to straighten out but it suffices to say that if you start out with a list of equipment that doesn’t work and you move it to another “location/panel”, don’t expect them to be able to charge one location and credit the other. They have the charges down pat – the credits not so much. But back to the current issue, for some reason they seem totally incapable of combining the systems like they told me they could do. As a warning to any business out doing research – if you have multiple physical locations you too will have this problem. They charged my credit card (unauthorized) $58.99 on May 10th that is not reflected on anywhere on my account. The description says “ADT-Protect your home”. I have talked to them about this and received assurances they would investigate and either tell me why I owed it or they would credit my account. I have heard nothing from them and today I found and additional charge (unauthorized) of $58.99 on June 10th that is also not reflected in my account. I called them again today and they are again supposed to call me back since they cannot see any charges to my card on their system. Also, the May 10th is definitely a duplicate billing and I can only assume that given a couple of days I will receive another charge for $58.99 elsewhere on this same location. The accounting is a mess and last week I received notification that one location was going to stay with Defenders as my provider while the other locations are transferring to ADT. Exactly how do they intend to accomplish that if it’s actually one account? And exactly why is ADT not accepting one of the locations? Is it because I have complained? My husband and I are both in our seventies and I am beginning to believe that their lack of responsiveness is indeed a reflection of what they can get away with seniors as their clients. I wonder how many other seniors have similar complaints about ADT. I doubt that I am the only one. We had ADT years ago for our security provider but this is not the same company. I am thoroughly disgusted with this company and their sales practices.

Jack Laverne
June 12th, 2019 Mishawaka, IN DETAILS

ADT is the worst company I have ever dealt with in my entire life and I am over 60 years old. About 15 years ago, a salesman came to my house from a different company than ADT and sold me a security system, tied it into my land line, and set me up for monthly monitoring payments out of my checking account. Within only a few months this company sold my monitoring account to ADT. I was never involved or informed of this transfer. Eventually I figured out that my monthly monitoring service was being paid to ADT. I called them. They had a guy bring me a yard sign and some windows stickers. I never received an account number, pass code, copy of the contract, nothing in the mail from ADT. I never signed any contract with ADT and did not choose them as my monitoring service. However, I did now know there were alternatives, so I just kept it. Over the years, ADT periodically raised my monthly fee until I was paying approximately $69 per month for monitoring. I called them in August of 2017 and asked them why a loyal customer like me was paying so much when new customers could sign up for monthly alarm monitoring for around $30 per month. I negotiated my payment down to around $44 per month. When I did that, the person said I would have to agree to keep with ADT for 5 years. I said, OK, whatever, or something to that effect. Little did I know that according to federal laws, this meant that I had just entered into a binding verbal contract with ADT. I had never in my life heard of a verbal contract until then. Let me back up a little bit, before this happened I called and said I wanted to cancel my ADT monitoring. I was advised to send in an email with an explanation and request to cancel my service. I did that in 3 months ago. I claimed to be a hardship case as my health is going to force me into an early retirement, I have already disconnected my land line phone, and no longer can afford a monthly payment. This resulted in ADT continuing to take out my monthly charge out of my checking account. They also back-charged me a $25 fee for an short onsite visit from a technician that came about 3 months before I sent the email to cancel. Previous onsite tech help with sensors, I was not charged and was told that my monthly fee included service, that I did not need to pay for service calls. After I requested to cancel my monitoring service, suddenly the terms of my unwritten, unsigned verbal contract no longer included onsite tech service, and I was back-charged after the fact. So apparently ADT can just make up on the fly what is entailed in this verbal contract, since I was never sent a copy of terms, and never signed anything. I had never ever received anything in the mail or over the phone as far as contract terms, account number, etc. I did some research and found out that I am in a binding 5 year contract just by saying yes over the phone. I went out on the web and found out that ADT policy is that if you want to make an early termination of your contract, you need to pay 75% of what the remaining payments would have been. Meanwhile they continued to take out of my checking account the monthly charges. I finally asked what my early termination fee would be and was told it would be over $800. So basically once I canceled ADT monitoring, I will have been extorted over $900 for absolutely no service at all. I finally said fine, send me an invoice as I don't want to be turned over to a collection agency. Now I am still waiting for that. If you want to use ADT for your home or business security, you might be satisfied with the functionality and the over-inflated monthly charge for monitoring, but if you choose to cancel, you better beware. They will use whatever means they can to get as much money out of you as possible. I told them I was cancelling because health issues were causing me to retire earlier than planned. Did they care? Of course not, they just want as much money as they can squeeze out of you, no matter what ruthless tactics they decide to use. Other comments here address their 3 year contracts and auto-renewals and all of that, but I am just stating my experience. I sincerely recommend that you look at other alternatives due to ADT's ridiculous contract policies and expensive monthly monitoring charges. And God help you if you ever decide to cancel and your "contract" is not up yet. I would rate ADT with 0 Stars if that were an option.

Carla
June 7th, 2019 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS

Adt sent a technician to my house that outright lied the entire time he was in my house. He promised me $400 in gift cards in addition to the $100 dollar gift card I was supposed get back anyway to offset the difference I could have been paying with another company. He pretended to call someone while in my home to get approval for all this. Before he left, he told me someone from the office would contact me about my gift cards. Long story short, no one called, and when I called them, they told me he was not authorized to offer me that and it was too late to back out of my contract. I would have to pay 75% of contact to get out. Absolute WORST customer service I've dealt with in my life. Once you sign their contract, you're nothing to them. Please do not do business with this company!!

Lisab
May 23rd, 2019 Lutherville, MD DETAILS

Worked great for a few years but started getting false alarms. 4 appointments later the technicians still haven’t been able to fix the system. Going with another company since I’m now far too frustrated to stay with ADT

Lucie Colomb
May 20th, 2019 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS

I've moved to a house in July 2018, the property is equipped with security cameras and I asked ADT if they could have their system plugged in our current cameras. Their answer "yes of course" They did their all sales pitch to me announcing me a price of $29 per month, which I found reasonable. The technician comes to our house and then tells us he probably can't connect the ADT system with our camera. Make a sign a document for installation and told us to call a number to ask for another technician to come and check the cameras. We called, and they told us they only can install their system with their own ADT cameras. FIRST LIE One month later I am being charged $55. I called again, and they said that is the price on my contract. I asked that if it is the case, I want to cancel my account I asked to talk to a manager and asked the manager to review the sale call. One month later and 10 phone calls later the manager told me that the salesperson didn't do anything wrong and that it was my fault for not asking properly about the camera. SECOND LIE But the best is to come, now I asked the manager to cancel my account and he tells me "sorry but you signed a year contract and can't cancel unless you pay $900" THIS IS A JOKE RIGHT? Fast forward, A YEAR LATER, I call to cancel AGAIN, ADT first tells me they don't do the cancellation themselves and transferred me to Defender ?!? Defender obnoxious agent ERICA tells me " sorry you have a 2 years contract and you can't cancel, you need to pay 75% of your contract now to cancel it, its about $507" I am moving out of this house, and out of the country but I still have to pay for ADT?!? I asked to talk to a manager, she says I don't have a manager. I Asked to be sent my record of phone calls with all ADT and defender agent she said NO. How is this legal? Why no class actions have been done? How the government allows this kind of UNETHICAL business practice? How could you force a consumer to pay for security on a place that you don't live in anymore? And how is it LEGAL for a company not to disclose and/or LIE about the service they provide and their pricing, and have the customer responsible and liable for this? I reported them to the attorney general and I'll advise you to do the same Please DON'T signed anything with ADT, they WILL RIP YOU OFF. Call other companies before making any decision.

Carmella Michon
May 20th, 2019 Englewood, FL DETAILS

One week ago today I had the system . installed was quoted a monthly fee . The installer was very professional and did upsell me the window shock which was $1100.00 . That evening another ADT person showed up at my door and I informed him I just had everything installed earlier he said they could put out what was installed and put the same thing in at no extra charge because I was a new homeowner . I was very upset hearing this asking why i wasn't offered this from the beginning. I told him I was going to call my contact person I dealt with unfortunately I got the voicemail and did not receive a call back that day . The next day I called again and spoke with Russ he told me to give him 2 days to research this that was four days ago. I have left several messages and I still have not heard back from him. Today I called customer services and spoke with a very rude women who basically hung up on me after telling me if I didn't like it to put it in writing that I want to cancel my service then she hung up . I still have not received my yard signs which the installer told me I would . Unhappy customer in Englewood , Florida

BUNNY
May 20th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

I had ADT for over 11 years and for the first several years everything was OK. Then I started getting regular rate increases, despite no change in service or upgrades. When I called to disconnect I was told that my rate would be "locked in" and not subject to rate increases. HOWEVER, ADT would bill my account the usual amount and then tack on additional charges a couple of weeks later. They did that twice until I got fed up and tried to cancel. Spent an hour on the phone, got transferred to sales instead and finally sent an email to cancel. YOU HAVE TO CANCEL WITH A SIGNED LETTER AND 30 DAYS NOTICE. They tried to say I was monitored during that last 30 days, which is not true, since I cancelled my landline too. VERY DISHONEST BUSINESS PRACTICES!!

Tricia Burns
May 17th, 2019 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS

ADT has the worst service! Don't sign up with them! We were at a rental which the contract should have only been 2 years but they had us for 3 and said "sorry can't do anything for you." They are making us pay for 1 full year in a house we are not even living in. Since we want to close the account, we have to pay the full term of the contract that's left. Also, their video camera service is the worst and not reliable. Very cheap quality and over priced. There are much better security services out there that don't take advantage of you.

Reese
May 14th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS

I have had ADT=Monitored Security in the past and it worked great. We were gone a lot and I was out of town on business and it was easy to have installed and gave me the peace of mind that I needed while being away. It was monitored 24-7 and it was easy to arm and set. Good response times as well.

Dean
May 14th, 2019 Ogden, UT DETAILS

ADT is everything I want in a Home Security System. For a minimal price per month we feel secure around the clock whether we are home or away on vacation. If you trip an alarm ADT is very helpful and don't make you feel stupid. I would tell anyone to look into ADT.

James S
May 9th, 2019 Cypress, TX DETAILS

Totally agree with these 1 star reviews. We signed up for a package costing $29 +/- per month. Installer came out and spent 2 hours up selling us on a higher cost system for 2x the original quote. Made me feel like a cheap skate if I didn’t go with higher cost system. Don’t like their sales pitch technique.

Deb
May 2nd, 2019 Port Richey, FL DETAILS

The company they deal with to install the equipment are con artist and outright liars and theives. They forged my signature and a contract I never even saw or knew about until I received a bill for 1500.00 for equipment I didn’t even ask for but was told would be free of charge. If I could give them a minus score even that would be to good for this company .

Robin
April 28th, 2019 Iola, TX DETAILS

After 2 and 1/2 years of service, my system experienced a “Surge” and it fried my dvr and 5 of my 8 cameras. $1100 to fix said cameras and dvr. Meanwhile I pay $125 a month for service and it’s only cameras. I had 6 months roughly left on my contract and of course, the maintenance agreement doesn’t cover surges. ADT installed the surge protector on the system! And it didn’t protect my system from the surge! And would make NO adjustments to help me out. I couldn’t make myself pay 1100 to fix a sucky system so I agreed to pay a reduced rate to get out of my contract! I hate this company....do NOT do business with them.....they are crooks. I disliked them but I had no idea how bad the reviews were....please pay attention....there’s a reason people give 1 stars. I would have given 0 but it doesn’t allow it. Find anybody else, but adt.

Pham
April 24th, 2019 DETAILS

It's a trap! Be careful with the seller's promises! I give them 1 star for the technical help. Zero for the deals. Cause confusion and stuck with the plan which you have to pay more then they offered. I never go back to them after my contract end!

Rick Stevenson
April 9th, 2019 Salt Lake City, UT DETAILS

Last year, ADT acquired Protection One, a company we had been with for over 21 years. When we signed on with Protection One, we were told that the equipment we purchased was ours, and that the company would transfer the equipment to a new home, should we request that. We did that about 15 years ago, and were happy with the installation. Early last year, we contacted ADT wanting to move our equipment to the home we had just purchased (the 3rd we had hoped to be protected by this company), and we told that the offer made by Protection One would would not be honored by ADT. The company wanted almost $600 in equipment costs to duplicate most of the features found in the system from our old home. Why can't ADT honor the terms made by the company they purchased? After all, the main revenue for protection comes from the monthly monitoring fees of the systems they install. We were given a Simplisafe package as a housewarming gift, and couldn't be happier with the system and customer service. We advised the buyers of our old home who inherited a very nice ADT security system from us, NOT to use ADT, as we feel like ADT does not care enough for their customers by honoring commitments made by a company they purchased. It doesn't take much to "buy" a good customer relationship, but I guess our business wasn't worth $600 after being monitored by the company for over 21 years. You can do the math to find out how much money we have spent with this company in monitoring fees.

Kelly
April 8th, 2019 Elk Grove, CA DETAILS

ADT is the thief to your bank! I give it 0 rating! I wasted 2 days calling and transferred several times to reach someone who can assist me. If person 1 cannot assist me, whey was he hired? I talked with supposedly manager "Tony" this morning who was giving me the selling talk of how great ADT was. How I was rude for cutting home off. I pretty much told him I’m calling to cancel and didn’t need his BS! We were moving and I had to renew my contract at the new house or pay the early termination fee to cancel. Who wins in this situation? I wanted to carry my contract over to the new house and use ADT until my contract ends in September 2019. I opt to cancel and pay the early termination fee so I do not need to deal with these people again! ADT needs to work on their customer services! Get the IRing system and stay away from ADT!

KC
March 28th, 2019 Abilene, TX DETAILS

If I could give zero stars I would. We've been trying to get ADT out to do some more security systems (our business is expanding) for 2 WEEKS, and nobody has shown up OR called us back. Also, customer service is extremely rude and ARROGANT. Mr. Donald B with ADT has no idea what he is doing but prides himself on the fact that he's been in the business for over 20 years, but he sucks. The whole time, he was totally incompetent, treated us with nothing but disrespect, and even once argued with my coworker saying, "Will you just listen to me for a minute? You're not listening." I will NEVER go through this company again. It was totally worth the $600 to cancel the contract for someone better.

Vic
February 27th, 2019 Immokalee, FL

BEWARE DO NOT USE !!!! - installer came to my home and didnt talk about any prices of any equipment. Then told me he was going to his truck to retrive items so he could show me and while i was in my kitchen he began drilling into my dry wall installing wall mount without my consent or any permission. I immediately threw him out of my home, while telling him how are you going to start installing items i didnt pick or a plan i didnt choose. Should have listen to all the reviews on this page. YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED. WORST OF THE WORST

JD Maye
February 27th, 2019 Aransas Pass, TX DETAILS

The Villain is NOT the possible intruder/robber that gets in your home, it is the ADT Salesman that you Let In ! I've never in my life seen such an unethical sales pitch. He said we would get Everything for FREE. Just Sign here, to "authorize installation." What I unknowingly signed was an Internet Sig Doc, that gave permission for 4 installments of $500 ??? ADT Cust Service just keeps shaking me around to Desk to Desk..... Someone needs to report them to the Attorney Generals office.