ADT-Monitored Security Logo

ADT-Monitored Security

6.7

LAST UPDATED: August 26th, 2022

ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart lock — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood detectors, fire and smoke detectors, carbon monoxide detectors, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Security Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Security Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

Gaspar Isla Fontana, CA

First they gave me an estimate of how much I would pay per month, then they said it was a mistake and that I should pay about 10% more. I accepted and they gave me a new contract. I called them about 3 times in a period of 6 years but their visits were always with charge to the client. I finally canceled the contract because I was not willing to pay when it was not my problem.

D.B.

After several years with ADT, I had to disconnect the service because I moved, but I can say I was pleased with them. As of right now, thy offered me a price with some really good deals, but it's a little higher than what I can afford right now, so I'm still doing some research on other companies. Before all of this, I don't have any complaints about the service.

Shalon Johnson Minneapolis, MN

Great affordable company. When I first moved into my house; I was looking for trustworthy companies to secure and monitor my phone. I found this company and have absolutely loved it. The process to enroll was extremely simple. First I was asked a series of question to determine the best bundle for me as well as the best options due to my location and budget. From there they gathered a bundle for me to use. I had the cameras as well as the door sensors so I would receive notifications whenever my door was open. The notifications also comes to my phone.

Steven Shimmin Tucson, AZ

Pretty good company. I contacted them after seeing all of the their commercials on television. A sales rep came to the home and explained everything to me and it seemed like a good deal and peace of mind and safety for the family. I gave it a try and had success with ADT, a few false alarms and the kinks were worked out. One police responding and one fire truck but all was ok. There response time is great and customer support very helpful. sold the house and moved on I recommend them +

David Wilhelm Escondido, CA

ADT Security is very professional and provides excellent peace of mind and security services to our home. They have responded to all inquiries and helped us better manage the protection coverage needed on our home. They also are readily available via telephone to assist us with account maintenance and changes to our plan when needed. We have been very satisfied with their service and highly recommend them.

Cynthia Landing Beardstown, IL

I love ADT I’ve use their services over 20 years the services are phenomenal, affordable prices, rates, customer service is great this company cares about the customers and take pride in all they do I will always use ADT services as long as I live and highly recommend relatives and friends to give them a chance and I guarantee them there won’t have any regrets. They offer a huge selection of products keeping in mind your safety and well being they contact you immediately if a problem occurs giving you that safe secure feeling

J9softball Summerfield, NC

I have had ADT for about 6 months now. I have never had a security system before until now. The installation didn’t take too long and the app seems to work well for the most part. I don’t particularly like the door bell camera as the app doesn’t always work and show me who is at the door or alert me immediately when the door bell is pushed. My dogs do a better job at notifying me that someone is there then the actual doorbell. The cameras are decent although when it rains at night or a spider makes a web near the camera the reflected light from these set off the alerts and at 1am this can be annoying. The only problem I had once with the system is one of the cameras went offline and I couldn’t reset from the app. Apparently the reset button is on the camera itself and at my house that would require me to have a 10 or 12ft ladder to get up there. I called customer service and was told I would have to pay to have someone come out to “reset it”. Luckily I had a ladder tall enough that I could unplug the camera from the outlet in the top of my garage, but had to do this several times before it finally reset. Hopefully I don’t have to experience true issue to know how well it works, but feel a little safer having it.

Dewitt Jennings

Cost wise, it's been good. My mom has had it for years and she's never had a problem with it. Plus, the representative was good. He provided a positive experience. I'm happy with the service and feel secure with it. If I go out and my wife stays home, she just locks the door and turns the system on.

Lois Lessmann

We signed up for it because I had an SCI, and my daughter wanted to make sure I was safe while she was gone. Plus, they had a good rating. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the fact that my daughter wrote down all the information they gave us, but when it came to purchase the service, they wanted to charge us more.

Ron Wisdom El Mirage, AZ

Had ADT security about 5 years ago, they came out and made an assessment as to my needs and recommended magnets for all points of entry and windows. Thank God I had them as my neighborhood was sketchy at best, but I was never broke into, maybe it was the big sign in the front yard. Would do them again if the need arises.

L Hill Chicago, IL

Oh I just love working with ADT for security of our family home. They are affordable and offer superior high grade security protection. I feel safe an at ease using this service and the staff are expertly trained and understanding.

bill wheeler Dallas, TX

I’ve been a member for 12 years this time in this home and for 13 years at my other home I feel confident that my home is secure and if anything goes wrong Adt will notify the authorities very well satisfied overall it gives me great peace of mind

Colorado Brighton, CO

ADT is like any other company. Out to make money. I have had no problems with my system or customer service. They do charge higher prices than other companies. Some of the bad would be, A tech has to come out to upgrade any part of the system including door or window alarms. The cameras have a great picture. They do time out bout every 2 min. Always have to click play. READ WHAT YOU ARE GETTING INTO BEFORE YOU SAY YES. They do have a contract. The equipment cost seem high to me. The good would be its nice to know that if a fire or smoke break out the alarm will sound and fire dept will show up. Same with police if someone tries to break in. Its nice to know someone is calling the police. Now if the police show up before the person finds out what kind of guns I own is yet to be tested. As of this post I have no problems with ADT. Just do your homework and read the small print.

stu Boulder City, NV

I just had Jeromy of ADT here in Las Vegas just install my system. Extremely knowledgeable about everything. Polite, non pressure let me see all the options available. Walked the house showed me all the potential areas and what would work. Gave me all the discounts available and installed what I wanted and only needed. $87.oo extra for everything. And yes it was $27.99 per month. There was a $7.00 BS fee that the city of Las Vegas gets but that not a ADT fee. I guess it depends who you installer is and how knowledgeable he or she is. Jeromy was the total professional and knew his stuff. I could not be any happier than I am. ADT has surpassed my expectations. If in Vegas make sure you ask for Jeromy.

Bruce B. Coatesville, PA

It has been a perfect experience with now ADT. Our original system was installed by Protection One by the former owners. It was a great system. Now the push button terminal failed earlier this year. An ADT tech installed two new touch screen terminals, one at the front door and one in the bedroom. They are wireless and function perfectly. We were given the option for either another push button terminal (NEVER) or the new touch screen. We did make the correct choice for touch screen. We are perfectly satisfied with old Protection One and now ADT. The monthly fees have increased, of course, with the hi tech touch screens. We expected that. We have always received prompt and courteous service from ADT.

The Real ADT Spring Hill, FL

I have had no trouble with ADT in the fifteen years I have been working with them. I always call the ADT authorized service number, and get great service. When my unit showed the battery was low, they told me to buy it locally because of the difference in price. I believe that some of these low ratings come from the scam company. About two years ago we were contacted by a company calling itself ADT. They offered us an unbelievable upgrade on our system, so my wife asked them to call back so that I could hear about it. They did call again, and it sounded good, so I said the representative could come to our house. I again asked if this was ADT security, and the person on the phone said they were associated with ADT. I didn't feel right about this, and started doing some research. The company was NOT associated in any way with ADT and had horrible reviews. They also ran a credit check on me without any authorization. They only wanted my money. The day they were to come, I had security at the gate refuse entry to the neighborhood. Luckily, I hadn't signed any contract, because they continued to pester me about "Why I didn't want the "ADT" service upgrade. Check out the contract you have, and make sure you call the authorized ADT service number. I still have my original contract with ADT in my files, and they haven't broken any of it yet.

Brenda Huntington Beach, CA

ADT has some issues but by far is the best and most reliable security system available. After my father who lived 98 miles away passed away minutes away, my nephew who had lived with him had to be evicted. My nephew broke into the house and stole EVERYTHING he could pawn. He continued to break into the house for revenge. We got ADT, love the app, the response and their relationship with the local police stopped him from breaking in and destroying the work we were working on to improve the house. The app gave me the security knowing I could always check the status of the system. My nephew tried to tear out the electrical system to get into the house but the backup power system contacted , they also ADT who contacted me, they contacted the police who dispatched the police to the house. Very reliable system. Because we had ADT I could sleep at night. We were allowed to cancel the contract after only 1 year, no penalties due to selling the house. ADT worked with me and did not stick to the contract. Not only do I recommend them I am so very thankful they protected the hard work put into the house to sell it. The equipment was failsafe and so worth my piece of mind being so far away. The dispatchers at ADT were always very sympathetic and efficient. Well worth the cost for such outstanding protection. Also the sales reps did not try to oversell, each time we had to upgrade they did not pressure us, they let us decide what we needed. I live in Calif, not only miles count but traffic conditions can turn a 90 minute drive into hours. ADT prevented me from going up a 3,500 foot hill to check on the house.

Jim Schifferns Spokane, WA

I've been a happy ADT customer for 29 years. My current system was installed 18 years ago and it works as well today as it did the day it was installed. This week I had the land line removed from my house and had to make a decision as to what sort of alarm system I would have to use. I read the reviews on one of the heavily advertised do-it-yourself "no contract" systems and wasn't sure that was the way I wanted to go. I called ADT customer service and asked about upgrading my system to a cellular system and ADT offered me the upgrade at no cost because of my on going relationship with the company and my payment history. I scheduled the appointment and was advised ahead of time by the agent that the only charge for the upgrade would be the cost of the permit. When the installer arrived he advised me that the permit fee was actually $10 less than what the agent had quoted. I was required to pay for that $30 fee prior to work commencing. The installer was courteous, professional, and very knowledgeable of ADT systems in particular and all alarm systems in general. He donned shoe covers before entering the house and spent a long time searching for the "sweet spot" for installation of the cellular antenna. After the install he did a complete test of the entire system to ensure that every alarm feature in the house (heat, fire, smoke, door alarms, etc. worked perfectly and that the monitor system was in receipt of the transmissions. In my 29 year association with ADT I have never, not once, had a false alarm with my system. The one time it did go off the police department was on scene before I got home. The intruder had entered through my unlocked overhead garage door and kicked in the man door into the house which set off the alarm. Apparently he did not go past that point but departed the scene. My best guess is that for every complaint on this forum there are a million happy, safe ADT customers.

Cameron Farmer The Bronx, NY

I've known a few people who have relied on ADT to do the job right. I was aware of the various packages and deals and had to find one that fit me and my family well. Compared to other companies who seemed better where their contracts were concerned, overall I chose ADT because of the longer commitment and I was pleased with the monthly expense. About $50/month is worth the piece of mind aside from the hassle of professional installation. Normally, I don't write these reviews unless I am way beyond satisfied for what I paid and my family and I feel well taken care of. After one incident that happened two months into the service, ADT was truly on the ball and worth every penny.

Garrett Roberts Harpers Ferry, WV

The monitoring service is great! Can’t say the same for customer service but that’s expected from every company. I remember when my grandmother’s Safewatch Pro 3000 worked perfectly during a real fire emergency. I ended up getting the Safewatch after it was replaced with a TSSC (strange panel) but lost it a few days later due to ADT’s “we’re not supposed to leave the old system”. They ended up giving me another Safewatch with an extra siren and keypad plus two enclosures. I really wish they didn’t care about leaving the old system because what are they gonna do with it. I was told by a tech that there either thrown out or recycled. The Safewatch I have now is installed in my house and still isn’t finished yet but still works when we need it.

Steve

My wife and I own two homes and both have ADT security monitoring equipment. One home has had ADT for over 10 years and there's been only one problem with that installation. When the system was first installed, there was a crimped wire installed in the drywall, that vibrated during very strong winds, creating a false alarm on the motion detector. This happened at least twice and the monitoring center called notifying me of an alarm. Although a false alarm, this was proof the system worked and was being monitored. I was home once when the alarm activated during the high winds. I notified ADT of the problem and they promptly sent out a tech replacing the wire correcting the problem. The second home purchased, the Pulse system was installed. Remote monitoring is a great feature. The customer service agent was great. We received exactly the equipment agreed upon at the price agreed. The tech did a great job installing all the security points and the control panel and assisted with down loading the app to our smart phones and going over the system functions for remote access. After receiving the Pulse system I called ADT to inquire on upgrading the old wired system. The customer service agent was great. Gave me great information and pricing to upgrade. Informed me I could get the same equipment and same service at a lower price - WOW! I didn't upgrade at that time but called back a few months later and same pricing and services were still honored. The Pulse system is fantastic, love that little key fob! Great experiences with ADT..no forged signatures, no false pricing and no contracts! Customer service set up both accounts so they are billed as one payment. I don't know about the other reviewers, but it sound like we're dealing with two different companies.

John Best

Well this is my take on security systems with cameras . We have 2 residences one in Northern Ca and one in Southern Ca. Both have the pulse system using 3 cameras up North and 4 cameras here down South. On the morning of last Thanksgiving we had a person come on our front porch at 12.15 am and stole several items . The pulse system is a good system which you can monitor on your cell phone and or tablet and have a portal on your pc. The problem with the pulse system is that any one of the cameras will only capture a 30 sec clip, turn off for 2 mins approx and then back on. alot can happen in 2 min. The camera on the porch only caught the back of the perp luckily he tried to steal our golf cart and the 2 back cameras caught a good full body and facial. Thru our portal (pc) were able to send the clips to the SO. Wasn't satisfied with a 30 clip. Called ADT and our rep came out and showed us how a NVR system works. Note that there are many DVR systems out there on the market but a NVR system he installed has a 2 terabyte capacity and runs 24/7 365. once the hard drive is full it will record over itself. The hard drive is roughly capable of 4,500 hrs.. On Feb 5th the same perp came back and stole our patio heater. The NVR system pegged him perfect. Sent the whole activity to the SO and they scooped him up, now doing jail time and got our heater back. Another nice feature on both systems is that you can designate how many pc portals you want. We have a care taker here in SOCAL and they are installed on his pc and cell phone to monitor at all times. The NVR system is the way to go. The biggest plus is flexibility and communication with Law Enforcement. Totally happy with all ADT provides. For what you pay is very cheap insurance as apposed to the belongings you have. Not counting the most important part. YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY.

Crystal-lee Nunez Queens, NY

My family been using art since my mom was a child. It's good to know that a company that's been around for generations can still protect me and my family for years to come.

G Nicholls Bryan, OH

We've had ADT for 11 years and found them to be a very reputable When we first signed up we had a few disappointments regarding some of the incentives the local dealer promised. They never followed threw. The company though has been there for us and came several times to check out a problematic sensor on an office door in the barn. A new battery and some adjustments and we were back in business- no charge

Richard Nilges Mokena, IL

Just had ADT install a system in our home today. We travel a lot in our motor home, and need the peace of mind a security system provides, even though we have lived here 25 years with no problem. Pretty obvious to the bad guys with an RV parked in the driveway that we are leaving! I knew that the cost would be more than their call center quoted because I have a lot of ground floor windows. Just be prepared to spend a little bit more because the call center doesn't know exactly what you need, the tech does. Remember, you own the equipment and can take it with you if you move. But the equipment is top notch, easy to operate, and pretty much foolproof. The smart phone app is easy to use and you can control the system anywhere in the world. Also, a remote for your keychain controls the system from 300 feet. I feel confident in their system because they are the oldest in the business and their tech, Terry, was very knowledgeable and professional. There are cheaper systems out there, but ya get what ya pay for!

Rose Shaw Houston, TX

As 2 young women living in a not-so-safe part of town, we definitely felt that we needed to amp up the security within our residence. We just happened to choose ADT and we were not disappointed! Their customer service is excellent, the prices were extremely convenient for 2 college students, and their professionalism is impressive! This is our first time having a security service for our place, but we have no complaints! We feel safe and happy in our homes knowing that we chose ADT.

Jeff Warner San Jose, CA

I have been with ADT for a very long time, and since I moved into a new home the first thing I did was setup their security. I feel so much better now that my family is safe - and they really are because this system is spectacular! I haven't had a problem since installation and relibility thats one of the only things I care about when it comes to these things.

Marty West Waldorf, MD

Haven't had one single issue yet after 8 months. I wanted to share my thoughts because I've had such a great experience so far with ADT. Their setup is stellar, so much better than any competition I was looking at because A) they are reasonably priced and B) it has a very secure brand image. They are the best in the business for a good reason, I have no doubt I will be secure for a long time to come

Taylor

When I looked online to get a system, ADT was consistently ranked in the top 3 everywhere I looked. And now I feel safer at home. Their system is incredibly flawless and I get updates on my phone whereever I am. I never had to call customer service because since the beginning it keeps chugging along without a second thought. I love this system and wouldn't trade it for any other.

Jake Harris Boydton, VA

I'm sure every company offers competitive equipment. However, my purchasing decision was based upon what I think are the 2 most important qualities to look for in a home security system: 1) Monitoring and 2) Perceived effectiveness and/or protection level. In my mind, ADT wins by a landslide in both categories. The yard signage alone is a difference-maker. Burglars must be hugely deterred even just by an ADT sign in the yard.

G. Carpenter Faribault, MN

I have been with ADT for eight years, they are the best. Always good customer service, their monthly fee is very reasonable and I did not have to pay for installation or equipment. If I call about my equipment not working they will work with me and try to resolve the issue over the phone if not then someone will be here, there is never a charge for them coming to our home.

Tim Wichita, KS

For those complaining about the service of ADT, they have been bought out by Protection One, who is the BEST alarm company in the country. They have the best agents and the best customers service of any company when compared to ADT. The contracts are fair and they will work with you if the prices are too high. They never have late fees and if you get the extended service protection, you never pay for anything except batteries for your sensors. Start reconsidering ADT now if you've left them previously...Protection One buying them out changes things...I have experienced this myself!

Kenny M

I have been an ADT customer for almost a year. Just two months short. The equipment has performed flawlessly every time it has been activated even during two separate power failures.(battery backup). ADT has come through as promised. My system I selected was pretty much ala carte. No pressure to buy equipment that I didn't want. The Tech showed me the top of the line system then I deleted the items I deemed unnecessary with no worries. They are consistent with billing with no surprises. P.S. Alarm systems are only a deterrent to keep people honest, They cant keep Criminals Out. This statement is directed at one of the aforementioned reviews.

David Kolbenschlag

Have used ADT for 25 years on this same home. Home was built with hard wired sensors on all windows and doors and motion detectors installed. Thus equipment cost was nill. Several years ago I had the pulse system installed with one free camera and one free remote controller offered. This allows me to monitor my camera anywhere from my cell phone, turn on/off lights, Arm or de-arm the system. I also had the cell capability installed in the event the home loses all power and an alarm event occurs the system still alerts ADT. Battery last 5-7 years, very easy to replace and cost about $15. Customer service always polite and helpful.

brian bolon

Buyers regret for this service. thousands spent and only one device worked after a month. They sell cheap garbage and terrible installation, then refuse to send someone to fix or replace the equipment. They installed sensors with double sided tape, ran cameras off of extension cords same with the console, charge an high price for installation, then refused to fix the problem for your three year contract until right before the end of contract to trick you into missing your one day out of the 3 years to end their service even then the guy who showed up threw a fit and didn't want to do anything but say he would be back. Good luck actually getting him to do his job. Yes 1 day to cancel. The cancellation of service must be exactly 30 days out from the end. If its 1 day prior it doesn't count and if its 1 day after they renew the contract for three years and you must pay the 3 years entirety to cancel. Despite saying 75% of the contract, if you contact them they say 100% Dont buy from ADT. I think they are only in business because of false advertising, fake positive reviews from rating companies and an army of lawyers. If you look at ADT's advertisements you will see them advertise a A+ from BBB but if you go to the BBB site you will see almost pure 1 star reviews from actual customers and horror stories of how terrible the company is.

A 1 Mesquite, TX

Terrible. The people are nice but they rarely resolve the problem and many of them aren’t good LISTENERS! The tech who called me for my last appointment was over an hour late calling me. He was not able to resolve the issue on top of that. ALL of their calls need to be monitored so they can find out where the representatives need training. I’ve been with ADT for 2 years and I’m ready to get this last year over and done with. My driveway camera has been changed out twice and it still doesn’t work. I have more than one WiFi extender in my home by the way. The doorbell camera goes out of if the wind blows too hard. Sometimes the smart bulbs are slow to respond or fail to respond altogether. The smart thermostat and smart lock are the only devices that never fail.

Bill Bennett

Their price is very competitive, and they have a good reputation. We already have it at our business, so we'll be installing into our house, once we purchase it.

Steve Katz

Everything was fine when we spoke to the representatives, but it was a whole different story when they sent out a technician. They had given me a price and feature, but when the guy came out to my house, it was totally different. It was a misleading situation.

Connor F Hernando, MS

ADT Home Security is a great security option. I have used the motion sensor and door alarms and they work very well. The battery lasts a long time and you only have to replace once every 3-4 years. The prices are average for security and the installation is fairly quick.

Kim , NC

I have had ADT to monitor my home since 2015. This is a great monitoring service. They have great customer service and their IT department is great as well. The only 2 problems that I have with them is the security cameras go offline easily and when customer service can't get the camera back online remotely they have to send a technician out. This happens about 3-4 times a year. Also they seem to raise their prices anywhere from $4 -$6 a year. Otherwise a great home monitoring service. I will continue to use them.

Maria M. Marlboro, NJ

I have had ADT since May 2018. I've never had a problem with them. I had to call to change my number when i switched cable company. They came & switched it. I've had good customer service experience. Alarm went off because I entered wrong code n they called asap. Very satisfied.

Anne-Marie Reed Phoenix, AZ

For the most part our security system and cameras have worked great. We ran into trouble when our cameras stopped working for no apparent reason. I spoke to Malik on the phone to ask for assistance but I kept hearing him reiterate the cost of having a technician come out to fix the problem. Of course, I’m paying nicely for the system to work in the first place. He started talking in “tech” language, telling me to locate a black ADT Netgear tower. We don’t have one and he was made aware of this very clearly in the beginning. After 20 minutes of a wild goose chase trying to locate the necessary ADT device in my home per his insistence (one would think the equipment and location would be documented by ADT), he’s made aware that I can only find a small white device plugged into an outlet. I eventually fixed the problem but I was left feeling frustrated for receiving inaccurate information and unhelpful “assistance” from this ADT employee. A few times during the call I waited while there was dead silence for minutes on his end and had to ask if he was still there on the line. I’ll give them one more chance.

Robin Gallons Pleasant Grove, UT

I'm really shocked to see so many bad reviews for ADT. I've been a long time customer and have been overall pretty happy with their services. I've seen some cheaper options here and there but have always felt that ADT was a company I can trust. My guess is that a lot of time it's people who have issues that come and write the most reviews. Happy customers don't usually get involved enough to come out and write these. I would research some other review sites to see if these guys are the right choice for you .

Lesa Burgess Pleasant Grove, UT

Used ADT for a few years and like any product, there were pros and cons. Pros - free installation, six month money back guarantee, your choice of wireless or hardwired service & very good monthly rates. Cons - not a fan of the long term contracts, and thought the customer service was just so-so. Overall, glad I used it but just couldn't afford it after a few years.

Gwen Jordan Highland, IL

I’ve had ADT since they merged with Brinks and I’ve been very satisfied. I have an appointment in 2 weeks to have Pulse added but I am becoming extremely nervous reading these comments. There are very few 3 or more stars. I have lots to think about now!

Junior Corona, CA

I had a tech come to my house to install the system. ADT is the most known alarm system other than Brinks. We went over the paperwork and what I was going to get. Sensors on doors, windows and motion inside. No cameras. The offer, 200 gift card, which I was going to receive in the mail. Only got 100. The system itself is not bad. It does what it's supposed to. You can set the alarm and override any opened windows. The fobs are small and I attached one to my keys. Put it in my pocket only to have the sheriff show up 1 hour later. Apparently I was pressing the duress button for over an hour. Fast forward to 3 years later. My contract is up and so is my monthly bill. Used to pay 39.99, now 50. That's right, with no cameras. I called customer care to see what I can get upgraded for free. Nothing, piss off. Guy tried but he did not know what free was. Kept tacking on more things like cameras for another 20 beans. Honestly, all I wanted was an upgrade on my keypad. He contacted my local tech and he even tried to upsell some stuff. The tech told me he would call me back with a quote. FREE YOU DINGBAT, I SAID FREE! He never did. Before you decide on what alarm system you want, pay close attention to the reviews. Look at what exactly people are complaining about. To give them a one star because their rates went up AFTER their contract expired is stupid.

William R Feerick

I feel ADT offers exceptional service and their staff to be very customer friendly. I have had for many ongoing years a very elaborate system in my home with all the equipment specific to my needs and my choosing. Overall I have zero complaints and I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for a comprehensive system at a fair price.

Carl Gunter, TX

ADT security is the best I have ever come across. Their customer service is the best. They on time and they give quality customer service. The technicians are wow as they are polite and work more so on the installation equipment according to the users needs. Simply amazing

John Smith

I got this security system after my house was broken into. While trying to learn more about the different options available, the customer service was very friendly and professional. Since the system was installed, my family and I feel much more secure knowing we can monitor the activity at the house whenever we want. Definitely would recommend.

Luan Raleigh, NC

From my own experience, I can say that ADT-Monitored Security is definitely a high quality company, which offers good protection to customers at fair prices. A company of which I speak well without being asked and recommend it to friends and family.