ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

#1 Vivint chevron_right
#2 Guardian Protection chevron_right
#3 Cove chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.7

John

July 1st, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I sold my home and moved into a rental while our new home was being built. I bought over $1k in equipment from them, and had it installed, with the understanding/selling point that we could take ALL of that equipment with us to the new home. A year later I’m moving into the new house and they tell me they have a policy that DOES NOT ALLOW them to move equipment. Btw, it’s ALL wireless. In my talks with them they’ve offered me a $400 discount on a new system. 🤣🤣. I hope whoever I go with can do better than this.

James Hubbard

June 11th, 2020 Buffalo, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am extremely upset with this company. Although I had opted for upgrades in the window detectors and paid extra for a fire detector and carbon monoxide detector the cost was over one thousand dollars. I was told that I would have 2 payments of 3 hundred dollars each. I thought "Great", with the 100 dollar visa card, I would pay 500 dollars, I even told the installer that. But no- it wound up being 4 payments of over 300 dollars each. I called the company and spoke to 3 representatives and was told I cannot downgrade as there was only one month period to do so. I was also told that I had agreed during a phone conversation with the company to those payments. I did not-I admit I am hard of hearing, but it was my understanding that I was to make two payments. ADT will do nothing. I am a senior citizen and will soon live on a limited income. The representatives were not friendly. I wish there were a saved tape of our conversation. I also asked them to send me a copy of the contract and invoice, which they have yet to do. Bottom line- there is a supposed 6 month guarantee, but they won't honor it. Do NOT go with this company. I wish I had gone with Doyle- the former company I subscribed to at my old home. I highly doubt that I will receive a response from ADT regarding this post. But I'm not giving up this fight yet. There are other options I can pursue. Oh and like another post, there is an amazing remark at the bottom right corner. I did NOT write this. ADT is anything but.

[email protected]

May 26th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are cons... They tell you one thing and blame each other for false information .. Very disappointed and upset. I just had this installed, realized I had made a mistake because any information they gave me was not correct . They want to keep charging you for every little thing until you have an enormous bill... Never use this company. They don’t even deserve one star. The main thing I wanted was cameras outside my house . They couldn’t provide them as I was told they could without WiFi.. I had to had another bill to get WiFi .. then they want to charge another installment fee to put cameras up... I watched on iTube how to hook up ADT cameras... The installment fee is a scam .. I want this out of my house but they want to charge a large sum that I can’t afford. NEVER use this company .. it won’t let me remove the word amazing at the bottom of this box.. They are nowhere near amazing ... Amazing at conning people and being dishonest.

James Brear

May 19th, 2020 Baton Rouge, LA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Nothing! The billing department is so screwed up, how can I rely on the security system???

Larry Houtz

May 11th, 2020 Lutz, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Be very careful with this company. In my experience, I needed a security system for my parents home. I had to sign a contract and pay for the equipment, over $2000 in 3 years over and above the monthly monitoring charges. After their passing, I did not require the monitoring service. Their solution, if I stopped paying monthly, they disconnect the service which shuts down the main console, basically making the complete alarm system a boat anchor. Be very careful. There are better solutions available that do not cost you an arm and leg, and are actually useful without the monitoring. I had to pay for the equipment and monitoring and afterwards, I have useless equipment in the home. I was recommending their services to my customers over the years being in Real Estate, I have since made it a point to inform my clients of their practices, from my person experiences.

Kay katm

May 5th, 2020 Jacksonville, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Horrible worst customer con service, avoid it when you still can save yourself stress and worse, depression. There are many better services out there than Adt. Asked them 3times if I was entitled to 30days trial service which h they exclaimed yes I did and they would send someone immediately possible. He came and I asked him the same to which he said yes as long as I called promptly. He spoke to his boss ie manager /owner of franchise as he referred to him who assured me on phone that I just needed to try and was free to cancel if not satisfied. That's the biggest ADT CON CUSTOMER SERVICE RED LIGHT I should have seen . Then called on the 3nd day to complain about one door faulty that couldn't close after he had fixed the sensors to which they refused to comply and send someone immediately. I told them to come get their gadgets I was getting very frustrated I dint feel safe with my door not closing .He is sent later to which they now said I couldn't cancel my contract. I told them to down grade the service to the least minimal service I did not need their service. I've had another much better convenient service with cameras . Adts sensors then go faulty and the alarm goes off randomly to which their Telephone Panel system NEVER EVER WORKED they must use MY OWN CELLPHONE PAID SERVICE TO REACH ME when I'm at home! So if you are a customer , know that they'll rely on your cellphone and not their speaker panel installed for communication else they'll be activating the police alert to your home (so you can pay fees )!! KEEP OFF ADT your dogs are better security alert !

Chuck Wells

April 13th, 2020 Kansas City, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Could not be more dissatisfied, we discussed what I wanted and he said no problem, when he came back the next day to install he brought a helper, it did not take long to see who the helper was, they asked me where I wanted the main controller, I showed them and they started installing the units on my windows and doors, I also wanted an alarm on my shed door so I showed him where it was, we go back inside and the guy inside had knocked over 1 of my candles and ruined my carpet and doily on the coffee table and then he says we have it finished and all you need to do is sign here, I said what about my carpet and he said I called it in and they will be in contact soon, I said OK and I did and they left. I then checked out all of my windows and they missed 6 windows, then I see this motion detector on my Livingroom wall after I had told him the day before that I did not want any motion detectors in my home then I saw the main unit on a different wall than I wanted, I called the installer and no answer, shortly there after ADT called me and asked if everything was finished to what I wanted and I said NO, then I told her about the install and how wrong it is and about our carpet with candle wax all over it, I called a local carpet cleaning service and he said it will not come out because of the material it was made of. I called 3 time to ADT and they acted like they had no idea what I was talking about, so on the 3rd day I called ADT again and told them to come and get the unit, about 45 minutes later she said ok and they would give me my money back that I paid for the install, she said I would have to prove ADT employee actually made the mess so I sent her the video. I never received any money for anything.

Sharon Battula

April 7th, 2020 Aurora, CO

Works great, never had any issues after installation - made me and my family feel safe and secure

Keith

March 31st, 2020 Lutz, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good Service and Options. More Expensive then most. This company operates to make sure that you stay with them on the monthly fees. If your needs change and you no longer required the monitored service, then your in-home alarm system is reset from the main office and basically useless. You will not be able to use the alarm without paying them monthly. Make sure that you ask all alarm companies, what happens when you needs change and you want to be able to arm the system but just not have the system monitored with center center.

Doc Brown

March 25th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I chose ADT to protect my business it is the worst service I have ever had from a vendor.Lot's a of promises to get the order, many many phone calls to the sales rep who asked me not to call the company but to call him and allow him to take care of me with issues. Well that never really happened. Right now I have a businesses left unprotected by faulty sensors and I have to drive an hour to my business to reset the keypad. When I called to speak with customer service the first person conveniently hung up on me. I'm done!

Logan Hudson

March 10th, 2020 Norcross, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT has protected my family from break ins twice. I am thankful for the quick responses and care from the staff. The product is worth the price.

bobby

March 5th, 2020 North Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had ADT for the last 5 years, my last 3 year contract ended this month and I had the service discontinued..I was billed for the upcoming month and when I called I was told that the contract is not canceled until 30 days from the request. I fulfilled 5 years of contracts with ADT always paid on time..and they are squeezing me for an additional 30 days of service I dont want. They keep calling my phone..sending me EMAILS to try and get me to resume service at a 20 dollar discount..Sorry but trying to squeeze me out of another 30 days of service has shown me what ADT is all about..

Nicole McLeod

March 1st, 2020 Holly, MI DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I hate that I am able to even give this company ONE star, I wish negative stars was accessible. Where do I begin with this company? They seem to fall short EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. From forging a contract by, I assume the third party installer, to double billing... this company is a nightmare to deal with. Customer representatives are everything short of professional and helpful, they have no resources to be able to solve my problems. I have made a complaint with Better Business Bureau, so hopefully the issue(s) is/are resolved with them involved. If you are considering a home security system, DO NOT GO WITH THIS PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

David Czerniawski

February 21st, 2020 Elkton, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

HAD A SYSTEM INSTALLED IN A NEW HOUSE IN FLORIDA. SMOKE DETECTOR WAS DEFECTIVE AND KEPT GOING OFF. AFTER 4 SERVICE CALLS AT WHICH THE TECHNICIANS AND DISPATCHERS DIDN'T KNOW THE WORKINGS OF THE SYSTEM WELL ENOUGH , I TOLD THEM TO CANCEL THE ACCOUNT AFTER I HAD ALREADY PREPAID A FULL YEAR OF MONITORING. NOW THE WANT TO HIT ME WITH A $900 CANCELLATION FEE.

Jason

February 19th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is horrible to deal with. I have been their customer for years. I recently moved from northeast to southeast. Before moving I called ADT to take out and pack all my ADT equipment to new address, they gave them to me to carry to the new address and installed by ADT local people and continued the service. But no one knows that they kept charging me for my previous address! So I pay the double service! I found it out about half year later. Then I called ADT custom service 5 times for refund. They always says ok we will send you a refund, first call says in 5~7 day, second call says in 60 days, third call says next Monday, fourth call says by the end of this week, now today in the last call she says in 2~3 week you will get the refund. I am calling between different branches of the company, customer service, account management, local dealer... I ask to send me an email with all of the promise, they said no we can't put it into a email to you.

Marsha

February 12th, 2020 Pocatello, ID DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company is horrid. They are not only extremely overpriced, but they are very dishonest and their customer service is a joke. BEWARE: their cameras only record for up to 30 seconds when there is motion, and then they won't record again for 3 minutes. They are completely useless and they don't offer any other options. I would strongly recommend buying a Google Nest. They are much cheaper, record 24/7 and the monthly fee is less than half of ADT's.

Michael DAmato

February 12th, 2020 Palm Coast, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had a service call performed and it was to repair their system that was not working. After the service call I signed the paperwork that was used to perform the service call. About a year later I tried to cancel the service and was told I had a three year contract. I have been with ADT for over 10 years and was not aware that the work order I signed was a new 3 year contract the technician never informed me of the and I cannot talk to anyone who is willing to help. I was told today that because I signed the piece of paperwork I was stuck until January of 2022. It just doesn’t seem fair that you cannot talk to a supervisor or manager that has the authority to cancel a contract that was signed without the appropriate notification

David T

February 11th, 2020 Draper, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The product/service is ok, but the prices are too high. They tried to rope me into a long contract, but I didn't like being tied in.

Run

February 6th, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

STAY AWAY FROM ADT...This Company is a Scam and Deceiving. My initial conversation with ADT monthly monitoring fee was told to me $27.99 after system was installed l was informed my monitoring fee increased to $53.99 because l didn’t have a land line. No one never discussion with me about needing a land line to install alarm system. I inquired about the initial record conversation to be played back and they refused. I was told l signed a contract. The contract l received by mailed was signed with my name. It’s not my signature l don’t sign my name like that. I called to cancel the contract they gave me the run around. I was told your pass the 3 days cancellation period. I was initially told l had 30 days if l wasn’t satisfied l could cancel the contract. I only had the system for 7 days...They said you have to talk to Defender Security l said Defender Security who is that. That’s who came out to Install your system. I said l thought ADT installed my service. The technician that came out never mentioned he was a third party vendor. He said he was from ADT. ...ADT is misleading CUSTOMERS to do business....l notice there are repeated complaints about the same issues . As customers all of us who are dissatisfied with ADT Lies and misleading misrepresentation of service/contract and third parties vendors that we aren’t informed of up front need to write your Inspector General and Better Business Bureau. This has to STOP.... If l had to give ADT a score it would be a ZERO. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE.........Please don’t do business with ADT you will be very disappointed . All they want is your money customer service isn’t there number one priority.

Allycat

February 4th, 2020 Mount Ida, AR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I was a satisfied customer of ADT for the first week. Now after 4 years, I know that I would never use them again. My overall impression is the business is all about the money. The protection was insufficient as well. I am a physician and often not at the home and not available at an instant to answer the phone and determine what alarm alerts had developed. All this company did was tell me there was something to worry about, but never really had a solution to the concern, and never called authorities to check on it. My biggest gripe, however, is the inability to cancel a policy. I retired this year, and needed to cancel one of my sites that had ADT protection. After 30 minutes and multiple people who 'weren't qualified' to deal with my problem I finally got through to someone who told me that two years ago when I canceled a rental property, I had requested a lower price. I don't remember making this request. As I recall, I was offered a lower price as an apology for their errors and how many times they had billed me wrongly afterward. I said yes, but apparently agreed to another 5 years of contract (which I did not do intentionally -- I already didn't like this company). So I am told I now have to continue to pay $56.11 each month for protect an empty building that doesn't even have a landline . It's a place to store things right now that accumulatively probably couldn't be sold for $56.00 in total. Yet they don't want to let me out of something I apparently mumbled yes to (I still somewhat doubt this) two years ago. I was already done with them, and will never use them again, nor recommend them to anyone before today's encounter. It had previously taken me several weeks to cancel a rental property that was re-purposed and didn't need protection, because they kept getting it wrong, even after over an hour of telephone time with ADT trying to get it right.

Bad experience

February 4th, 2020 Greenville, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Here is how Adt works. You are offered to agree to an additional charge for an extended warranty. If your install is done by an authorized dealer rather than an Adt employee, you will be charged a 25.00 trip fee for any service call. Service techs are told to use refurbed equipment on service calls. These parts have a high failure rate. You can only have new parts used if you have no service plan and then will be charged full cost. This is an attempt to make extra revenue off of service calls. 104.00 and 27.00 each 15 mns is the current cost.

Terry Ermey

January 20th, 2020 Sacramento, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Adt outdoor cameras don’t record all events like they tell you. I was told that anytime there is movement they will record. This is not true!! I have had them out several times thinking the cameras were not working right and now I find out they only record 30 seconds and then time out for 3 to 5 minutes before recording again. We need better security than that! Terry

Brad G.

January 14th, 2020 Hinsdale, IL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT has the absolute WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE imaginable. They deserve 0 stars. Kiara in billing was particularly bad. I would stay away from them and use a better and cheaper service with better customer service. Their "customer service" agents are defensive, indifferent, and lack authority to solve problems, even when the problem emanated from ADT's mistake. It is ABSOLUTELY IMPOSSIBLE to talk to anyone at this company. I literally spent an hour and a half on the phone being endlessly transferred to a variety of departments, each of which told me they "do not have authority" to help me with my problem, which resulted from ADT's mistakenly assigning two account numbers to my account. The number of departments they have is staggering, and none of them communicates with other departments. Each department I spoke with provided different information, and each department has an exceptionally narrow scope of authority. If I did not already have ADT equipment installed I would simply cancel my service. After more than an hour and a half on the phone I ended up paying a fee I did not owe, simply to avoid the annoyance of dealing with them further. Can other companies monitor ADT equipment? DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!

Darryl Hickman

January 8th, 2020 Akron, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

With so many security systems on the market today, for the money, ADT just isn't worth it. You can easily find a comparable home security system for a lot less. Not to mention contracts, installation fees and the surprise 30 day notice when cancelling.

G Nicholls

January 2nd, 2020 Bryan, OH DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We've had ADT for 11 years and found them to be a very reputable When we first signed up we had a few disappointments regarding some of the incentives the local dealer promised. They never followed threw. The company though has been there for us and came several times to check out a problematic sensor on an office door in the barn. A new battery and some adjustments and we were back in business- no charge

Dawn Nance

December 31st, 2019 Defiance, MO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

First installed issues. Had to be reset so who knows how long it wasn’t working. Then the bill increased.....I’ve been out of contract yet I’m still getting billed! One bill over $250 & another over $350!

Roger Stone

December 23rd, 2019 Madison, FL

Never do business with ADT Bad deal from the beginning only hours after the initial sales call the sales person Brandon and I discussed the installation fee of 99.00 dollars I protested because every call and sales person said it is a free system so we he Brandon said would cut the installation in half to 49.99 I agreed and gave my card # less than an hour later I checked my bank and charged me the 99.99 dollars plus tax needless to say I was furious about the lie no integrity so I called and canceled the entire process demanding an immediate refund said I should see it in the morning 12/21 but it it is still in the pending column on my bank to which I will be calling Monday morning to stop the charge I also was not taking any chances after reading all of the bad reviews of them still taking out additional money i canceled my card, ,...beware they lie! disingenuous! boo!

Denise Riddell

December 13th, 2019 Olathe, KS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Don’t sign a contract with this company! Once you sign the contract the only thing that they care about is getting the monthly payments. When we signed up they told that we could cancel the contract within 30 days if we were not happy with the service. I call to cancel the services two weeks latter because the pulse app never worked with the system. I was told that I had signed a three year contract and to cancel It would have to pay the contract out. Had multiple issues with the system dropping services for weeks at a time and was told by ADT that it was not their fault it was the cell tower. I have had the service for three years and it has never worked correctly. I finally got to the end of the contract and called to cancel the service and I am still having issues with the company. I get a different answer out of everyone I talk to and they still charging me one time fees even after they promise I won’t be charged anything else. Also every four to six months they try to raise your fees even when you signed a contract at a specific rate.

Eric Wilkinson

December 4th, 2019 Herriman, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Sleep better at night knowing your home is safe. ADT is a great company. Their equipment is durable. Customer service is top notch.

Bruce B.

December 3rd, 2019 Coatesville, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It has been a perfect experience with now ADT. Our original system was installed by Protection One by the former owners. It was a great system. Now the push button terminal failed earlier this year. An ADT tech installed two new touch screen terminals, one at the front door and one in the bedroom. They are wireless and function perfectly. We were given the option for either another push button terminal (NEVER) or the new touch screen. We did make the correct choice for touch screen. We are perfectly satisfied with old Protection One and now ADT. The monthly fees have increased, of course, with the hi tech touch screens. We expected that. We have always received prompt and courteous service from ADT.

Maria M.

December 3rd, 2019 Marlboro, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had ADT since May 2018. I've never had a problem with them. I had to call to change my number when i switched cable company. They came & switched it. I've had good customer service experience. Alarm went off because I entered wrong code n they called asap. Very satisfied.

Tracie

November 22nd, 2019 Medford, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My husband has brain surgery from brain cancer and I have many medical problems. Day 4 we wanted to go out of town system could not set due to their faulty system. We spent 1 hour on the phone with their technicians to fix it with no luck. We went out of town without use of an alarm.. came back tech fixed it but alarm went off police came. My husband almost fell I had to catch him due to this on going stress it triggered him into a seizer. Police had to come because system was triggered by the technician. Called multiple times disconnected multiple times and they only care about your money. They refuse to come get the machine that still not working because it need to be reset by another technician. Too much stress to deal with a supposedly brand new system. So sorry I got it will call my lawyer to see what can be done. Bad bad business specially when this is their system causing all the problems. Has NOTHING to do with us. Tracie Wise

Jeremy Brown

November 19th, 2019 Riverton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had many problems with them and the equipment but we had a good experience. The calls in the middle of the night because of a hardware issue. After the tenth time at 2am it took them 3 tries to get it working again. Don't do maintenance in the middle of the night is a good idea.

mark

November 18th, 2019 Boynton Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Stay away. Once you sign up they treat you horribly. I needed to make changes to my existing system and they wanted to charge me more than i paid to install the entire system. A friend just installed what i was looking to do for 1/4 of what they want to charge me to upgrade a portion of existing environment.

Debbie Parkman

November 13th, 2019 Summerville, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Buyer beware. Things will be fine until you need to cancel service. Then, brace yourself for hours of harassment. Don’t go with them. Their are many other companies that will give you the same service at a better rate but more importantly, allow you to cancel. My experience was nightmare

Tabatha

November 7th, 2019 Walterboro, SC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They don't even deserve one star a horrible company. They take your money even after you have paid them everything you owe. Wait months later thinking you won't notice. Tell you they don't know why then all the sudden come up with a reason why. Taking money from my kids because they think it ok to do. Lied told me I was getting it all back then came up with a reason on why I would not get the money back. Not one but at least 4 told me and 4 told my boyfriend different people. Told us we would be getting the full amout back. Just because they came up with a reason they now are not. Nothing but a bunch of Liars. #1 company yeah right they are 15 on here no telling how low anywhere else. When they treat their customers like this what do you expect.

Donna

November 5th, 2019 Lansdowne, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I contacted ADT last month in Oct. I still have not received a contract or anything in writing other than a paper bill and email notification of an upcoming bill for 53.99. I contacted the ADT customer service 6 times within the last because of the promotion that was also sold to me included a refund for installation. Each representative promises to send an email with instructions for the installation rebate yet I still haven't received any email checked daily spam folder as well. Eventually I receive an email notification for my upcoming bill which I really appreciated the notification but it's not the correct monthly agreement the representative sold me during my installation call. I contacted the ADT to inform them of the error. They said it's out of the 30 days to downgrade but I say it not a downgrade it's in my contract I agreed to on the phone. However again, I've never received a written contract or confirmation. I asked that the recorded conversation be investigated so it can be honored as it was sold. I was never informed of any change to my agreement until I received the bill notification. I have been mislead other incidents in this short month by ADT as well. In my frustration I decided to cancel this contract completely. I was told I had 30 days, on 10/25 I called to cancel they said I had 3 days to cancel. At this point I still hadn't received the bill notification so I didn't know about the error. Then 11/1 I noticed the error and along with all the other incident over the past month with ADT and it authorized "Dealers" which they keep transferring my call to, I'm the victim on a scam. They have locked me into a contract by giving me incorrect deadlines dates, non existent promotions, and almost doubled my monthly bill amount for 24 months without my consent. I previously had Vivint for 6 years 49.99 a month, no issues better more modern equipment user friendly and efficient, however I was attracted to ADT lower bill promoted 36.99 and due to no longer in contract with Vivint, I went for the bait and got scammed. The ADT touch screen alarm panel looks outdated compared to Vivints, speaker phone options like Vivint had either if emergency can hear and speak to representative from monitoring center from a good distance in my home. My ADT experience is a nightmare, I’ll be returning to Vivint and spreading the word about how terrible America’s best alarm company is. I can’t even believe they can say this in there ads as horrible as everything has been. I am now realizing the other reviews people have written and it’s all similar. ADT is not a good company to get serviced from.

Carol

November 5th, 2019 Colton, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the WORST COMPANY I HAVE dealt with bunch of liars and bad customer service. Don't get them. I'm totally dissatisfied with the cameras their outsorced installers put in. They put an indoor camera OUTSIDE and my door bell camera has never worked. To top it off I did not get my $100 visa credit because you has to submit a request within 30 day otherwise u forfiet the credit which the initial installer did not tell me. Now I'm paying for nothing. I'm going to small claims court.

Larry

October 29th, 2019 Eagle Grove, IA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I am a new customer to ADT. The entire experience has been terrible. I would not advise anyone to do business with them. I could not get my mobile app to work and called in for assistance, very long wait time. Different people told me different things to correct my problem, none of which worked. One person even told me to use a different companies app. Finally 4th person was very good and told me to only call one department, not customer service as they are the only ones properly trained. It then worked fine. They have a $100 rebate available that when you download certificate you have to send a check for $4.95 for shipping and handling to get the rebate. You also have to send this 3rd party a copy of your front page of contract, with all your personal information. Don't they get it that we don't want all our information shared to people we don't know. You would think a security company would understand that. All my contacts with anyone who works there has been horrible with the exception of the one employee.

Don Boren

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They provide good service, but I wish they would provide free/inexpensive upgrades to their equipment. The system we had grew out-dated in a few years. It worked but was very low-tech compared to newer systems

Alyssa Boren

October 7th, 2019 American Fork, UT

When I lived with my grandmother she used ADT and I always felt safe and it was easy to figure out how to type in the codes.

Amy Boren

October 3rd, 2019 American Fork, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I grew up in a home that had an ADT alarm system and I always felt safe. It was easy to set and they responded promptly when needed. They were great!

eddie

September 30th, 2019 Macomb, MI

wouldn't even it give a one star. been waiting5 days now for service .numerous tranfers, be here within 24 hrs then 24-72 hrs still waiting. terrible service

Ted Johnson

September 30th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT has been easy to install, I am able to log in and out easily and turn it on and off and do not have alarms tripped. They have given me the peace of mind to know that my home and family are safe.

Missy P

September 25th, 2019 Sun City, AZ

Dont use ADT . I called to see about a system they wanted my SS # to check my credit I said no they said we can check it with your name so I gave it to them thinking that was weird but it wouldn't ding my credit score then they did the gift card trick like you see on these reviews.. They asked for credit card number then they would reimburse with the gift card so I agreed. When the salesman came out Dan L. He opened a new box with a system in it, I looked at my daughter who is my witness to all I'm saying and she said um we're just looking today he nodded his head yes.. little did we know he was setting up a system before I even knew the price etc.. then later he tells us how much over $1,000 for equipment, $60 a month and 3 yr contract.. well I knew I wasn't doing that and my daughter said we would get back with him later if we're interested, he said he could leave the system for 30 days just to see how to handle it but if I had an emergency to call 911 bc it's not activated we agreed, so he leaves. Then 3 days later I get a charge on my CC so I called them and asked what is this?? She said on your contract.. Omg.. I said I never signed a contract.. yes you did she said I can send it to your email, so I get it and said again I didn't sign that and it doesn't even look like my signature on the E pad he used to forge my signature.. she said oh it wouldn't look like your signature.. really ! This was July 12. She said I could cancel my contract well I was livid bc I never signed a contract so I'm not agreeing to that.. so now it's the middle of September I have an attorney on it then they want to release me from my contract.. I said I never had one. Also my attorney advised me to write the Attorney General where you can file a complaint SO I DID.. they sent a letter to ADT and Defenders their 3rd party team in which I was told Adt uses them to get the sales/contract and the set up.. then ADT buys the contract from them, what a scam! So my daughter and I have spent hours upon hours , attorney advice, Attorney general and it's still not over bc I won't sign a release of contract bc I Never had one!! Please all of you write your attorney general that was a big step in ADT/ Defenders doing something. I'm like the rest of you if I could give a negative star I would do -100 oh I shouldn't leave this out.. so they refunded the two charges back to my CC but they have their call center people harassing me to pay my bill.. oh that makes sense! Again -100 stars. Fraud all over it.

kristin Gneiting

September 11th, 2019 Pleasant Grove, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been pretty happy with our alarm ADT-Monitored Security system. Our package is around $30 a month and it comes with a 6 month Money Back Guarantee. We have window sensors, door sensors, and motion detectors as well. We have 24/7 security monitoring which gives me a secure feeling when I go to sleep at night. For a dollar a day you can't beat that!

Loretta Loop Smith

September 9th, 2019 Carmel-by-the-Sea, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Promises of great customer service at a premium price. We had them for years. No significant problems except cameras going off -line everytime the power goes out and they had to come out. Then we decided to remodel and needed to have the service turned off for a period of time. That was a hassle all by itself. Then trying to get it back on was a disaster, but they kept billing us for months when the service wasn't connected. The service people came out a laughed saying that reconnecting our service would take hours and hours and cost over a$1,000. We switched to a different company that actually does give service once you pay for your equipment.

Jeanne Russell

September 5th, 2019 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

ADT never provided any semblance of customer service. Since I ordered it disconnected, the alarm system pad on the bedroom wall continues to chirp (beep) randomly ... usually in the middle of the night. I despise this company.

Toni L Boyd

September 3rd, 2019 Porter, TX

Came to install system on the 23rd but didn't have yi-fi yet so they didn't install anything, just drilled a big hole in the wall. The installer called and told them to cancel the order and I called the customer service the next morning (24th) and the girl told me I needed to call David. Spoke to him and he said he would cancel the order. On the 26th they charged me for the installation that they didn't do. I have called 2 times since then and was told on the 30th that it would be in my account within 24 to 48 hours, but it is the 2nd and still no refund. I don't know Why they charged me 2 days days later for something they didn't do. Not happy.

Roberto

August 28th, 2019 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had ADT for 40 years. Never had a problem. Quick service and the police is always at my house within 5-10 minutes.