ADT-Monitored Security Logo

ADT-Monitored Security

5.2

ADT-Monitored Security is a home security company based in Florida that affiliates with multiple dealers selling ADT authorized equipment. Founded in 1874, ADT-Monitored Security is one of the oldest and largest security companies in the world. ADT security systems offer an array of services, ranging from home and business security to fire monitoring and carbon monoxide monitoring.

ADT offers interactive solutions starting at $28.99 a month and has optional features such as video surveillance and the ADT Pulse app that can make you feel at home when you are away. ADT-Monitored Security has several equipment options with plenty of add-ons to personalize your security system to your needs. Check out ADT-Monitored Security reviews below if you want to know what customers have to say about the home security provider.

The Good

• Alarm Packages Start at $28.99
  • 6-Month Money Back Guarantee
  • ADT Pulse App
  • Home Automation
  • ADT Medical Alert Device
  • Variety of Options for Add-Ons
  • Threat Protection Guarantee
  • Landline and Cellular Monitoring
  • Advanced ADT Cameras

Alarm Packages Start at $28.99

ADT-Monitored Security offers its customers alarm packages starting at a $28.99 monthly fee, which is very reasonably priced for a starting plan. A basic home security system includes 24/7 security monitoring, a control panel and a small array of sensors such as door sensors, window sensors, and motion detectors.

6-Month Money Back Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security also has one of the longest money-back guarantees in the security monitoring industry with its six-month, money-back guarantee. You won't find this with most security systems or alarm monitoring services.

ADT Pulse App

The ADT Pulse app is a mobile app that allows you to not only adjust your security system but also work your home automation features including opening and shutting your garage and controlling your home thermostat. You can sign in to ADT Pulse Interactive using any mobile device. You can opt to receive emails and text alerts with security updates, and you can also manage all Z-Wave smart devices from the app.

Home Automation

ADT offers many z-wave devices for automizing homes. Equipment includes some of the following:

• Smart locks — lock and unlock your door remotely, allowing you to let someone in even if you're not home or simply double checking the door is locked at anytime.
  • Smart lights — control your lights remotely and even set timers for when you would like them to turn on and off.
  • Smart thermostat — manage your temperature remotely and save energy by having it adjust temperatures based on if you are at home or away.
  • Remote garage door — never worry about forgetting to shut your garage door because you can open and close it remotely.
  • Video doorbell camera — see who is at your door and communicate with them through the two-way speaker.
  • Amazon Alexa — control your home security system with the voice assistant Amazon Alexa.

All of these smart home devices can be accessed from the Pulse mobile app and adjusted to your liking.

ADT Medical Alert Device

Similar to other home security providers, ADT also offers a medical alert device as part of its offerings. The device features fall detection so if you fall while wearing the device, a signal will be sent to ADT's monitoring center. This gives you protection in the case of a personal emergency.

Variety and Options for Add-Ons

ADT-Monitored Security also offers a large variety of extra equipment, including security cameras, motion detectors, flood monitoring, fire monitoring, carbon monoxide monitoring, and even medical alert monitoring for people who are prone to health issues such as falls. ADT Medical alert systems come in three different plan options that range from basic pendants that work inside the home to GPS locating devices.

Threat Protection Guarantee

ADT-Monitored Security offers to cover up to $500 of your homeowner's insurance deductible if a burglary occurs at your home when your ADT security system is armed.

Landline and Cellular Monitoring

ADT offers landline as well as cellular connectivity. Although this is slowly becoming the norm, many home security companies still only offer landline connectivity, which can be an inconvenience for consumers who don't have a landline. It's convenient you don't have to worry about that with ADT.

Advanced ADT Cameras

ADT has three high-tech cameras you can choose from: a video doorbell camera, an outdoor camera, and an indoor camera. We'll list information about each below:

Video Doorbell Camera

ADT's video doorbella camera is equipped with motion detection as well as 720p HD video. You can use the camera to see who is at the front door as well as communicate through the two-way speaker. The camera also has night vision and a 180-degree viewing angle of your porch.

Outdoor Camera

ADT's outdoor camera is weatherproof, motion activated, and includes 720p HD video. The camera also has night vision so it has a high-quality video feed even during dark hours. You can watch live video feed from your phone as well as store video clips and get alerts when motion is detected.

Indoor Camera

ADT's indoor camera is similar to the outdoor camera in that it includes 720p HD video quality, night vision, and motion-activated alerts. You can watch live video feed from your indoor camera, but the indoor camera is not weatherproof like the outdoor camera is.

The Bad

• 36-Month Contract
  • Installation Fees
  • ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only
  • Limited Package and Pricing Information

36-Month Contract

ADT-Monitored Security requires that you sign a 36-month contract for your alarm system as a new ADT customer. By industry standards, that's pretty low, but if you choose to cancel at any time, you will be required to pay 75 percent of the remaining cost of the contract, which can be expensive.

Installation Fees

ADT-Monitored Security also requires that one of its technicians come in and install your security system. This can be costly, depending on the package you select, but the typical upfront fee is $99. Many top-rated home security competitors don't charge any upfront fees at the beginning of the contract.

ADT-Monitored Security Equipment Only

It is also required that as a ADT customer, you only use ADT-Monitored Security equipment. There's no option to use outside equipment. This can continue to increase the amount that you are really paying for your security system. While you may think you are getting a great price, make sure you pay attention to the extra fees associated with the equipment and installation. Make sure to ask your sales rep the hard questions about price and installation fees.

Limited Package and Pricing Information

ADT-Monitored Security lists its main home security packages on its website, but it does not include detailed information regarding equipment and pricing information. We do know that the company requires a $99 activation fee and a monthly fee starting at $28.99. However, this isn't the price for all packages, so if you want more information, ADT-Monitored Security suggests you request a free quote on its site. Here is what ADT-Monitored Security does list on its site regarding its offered packages:

Traditional Package: Full security monitoring system includes a digital control panel, cellular connection, high-decibel alarm, entryway sensors, motion detector, wireless keychain remote, window and yard signs, backup battery, 24/7 monitoring.

Control Package: Includes everything in the Traditional package, plus the ADT app, which allows you to control your security system and smart devices from your phone or tablet. You can connect your smart devices and get email and text alerts as well. It functions on Z-Wave technology.

Video Package: Includes everything in the Control package, plus remote secure video that allows you to view footage from indoor and outdoor cameras on your mobile devices. You can also see live video and clips from triggered events.

ADT Security Reviews

With hundreds of consumer reviews, ADT Security services do not have a high star rating from customers. Many complaints note a difficult cancellation process, poor customer service, and issues with the professional installation. To read more about what consumers said about the company, see the full list of reviews below.

View Best Home Security Companies

The Bottom Line

When it comes to longevity, ADT-Monitored Security is hands-down the security pro in the industry, but that doesn't mean its home security system is as highly recommended to a customer as other companies. The company has a variety of packages with a low monthly fee and options to meet anyone's needs, from monitoring centers to various sensors to ADT Pulse Interactive. However, installation fees and a rigid contract might deter some customers to another security company. Check the reviews below to see what customers have to say about ADT Security services.

View Best Home Security Companies

2.6

Lisa Saint Paul, MN

If I could give lower then one star I would! Worst company I have ever dealt with. They said if your system is going off due to a faulted sensor they don’t call you. This happens all the time! Very displeased with my service. I get woken up in the middle of the night to “faulted sensors” and they don’t even give you a call to alert you the sensors faulted. Doesn’t make me feel very safe. DO NOT RECOMMEND!!!!!!!

Bill Barbour Roswell, GA

Do not go with ADT. When installed, one motion sensor did not work. The sensor was setting off the alarm erratically for weeks. The local police were going to fine me. When a repair man eventually came, he replaced the sensor and moved it. Beware of the contract. They increased my monthly charge by 33% about half way through the three years. My wife and I just retired and sold our home. I called to cancel service and they stuck me for 10 months of payments, the time remaining on my 3 years. Moving the service to our new home would have required installation, more fees, and a new contract. Good riddance ADT.

randy rebman Franklin, NC

The cameras are worthless. They are always going off line. I have spent hours on the phone trying to get them back on line with ADT. Their so called service people only know how to read off a script and are not real technicians. I could not get theback online. Then 3 days later they were off line and I could not get them back on line cameras on line, so they sent someone out and waived the $25 fee but charged me 121$ to get them back on line ( they never told me it was going to cost me). I was 2 weeks out of the 90 day warranty. ADT is not worth the 1,800 for the cameras , etc . I will not be recommending ADT to anyone, in fact, I will be telling people to go with another company. Don't waste your money!!! By the way, I'm out of town and none of my cameras are working.

stu Boulder City, NV

I just had Jeromy of ADT here in Las Vegas just install my system. Extremely knowledgeable about everything. Polite, non pressure let me see all the options available. Walked the house showed me all the potential areas and what would work. Gave me all the discounts available and installed what I wanted and only needed. $87.oo extra for everything. And yes it was $27.99 per month. There was a $7.00 BS fee that the city of Las Vegas gets but that not a ADT fee. I guess it depends who you installer is and how knowledgeable he or she is. Jeromy was the total professional and knew his stuff. I could not be any happier than I am. ADT has surpassed my expectations. If in Vegas make sure you ask for Jeromy.

D.B.

After several years with ADT, I had to disconnect the service because I moved, but I can say I was pleased with them. As of right now, thy offered me a price with some really good deals, but it's a little higher than what I can afford right now, so I'm still doing some research on other companies. Before all of this, I don't have any complaints about the service.

Not staying with adt Chicago, IL

Terrible customer service. Scheduled for equipment upgrade twice and first time technician no showed and second time showed up late. Called customer service to complain and they absolutely had no response other than we can reschedule for another four hour window they probably won’t show up for. There are plenty of other alarm companies out there to choose from and I will switch my business alarm ASAP and home alarm when the contract runs out. So, if you are busy and don’t have time to waste with incompetence go with someone other than ADT

Jason Stefanko ,

First, they conned my wife into a 5 year contract. Stating that the system that was in our new home only needed a couple upgrades and we'd only pay 69 dollars a month. But..... the bill for the install was 600 dollars spread out over 5 years. Fooled you! Then the techs showed up and took 6 hours to install. The install was less than professional looking. Some huge ratty DC adapter screwed into my outlet. A smoke alarm put up and a paint circle left around it. They did ZERO training on how the system works and thats where the fun really begins. "Smart fire alarm" went off, I could't turn it off, I had no training , you have to use the panel or your phone. It doesn't shut off automatically. False alarm. False alarm fine, 375 dollars in Los Angeles. Also, the alarm sensors on my doors look like 1980's technology. Why does every other alarm company have small, sleek sensors but ADT's are massive. The so called best alarm company has huge 1980's hardware that is ugly. The techs couldn't set up the adt doorbell, they had to install ring instead, ADT charged 200 dollars for the ring system. Amazon charges 99 dollars. Not only did I not have any training, I was given no yard signs , none installed. Does this sound like the leading alarm company in America? I would by a do it yourself system. ADT is horrible and they don't care about customer service. Just try calling someone outside the sales department.

laura taylor Henderson, NV

Worst mistake we’ve made with home security. Phone support is one employee passing you off to another, then another, then another. Getting a resolution to an “accidental” increase in your monthly bill is an arduous task. Cancellation is even worse. We sold our home and requested the adt service be cancelled. We’re going on our second month with trying to get a final bill but, after a 45 minute wait, and being passed around, we may have gotten closer to ending this horrible contract. Do not fall for this scam. The 3 year contract will never end because they continually “update” their system which requires you to sign a new contract.

Maged Fouad ,

I had ADT for more than 9 years, they called recently to upgrade their wireless unit from 3G to 4G. They send a technician from dish network who had no clue on what he needs to do. After 3 hours of trying to change the unit and get the system running, he said I am sorry I can’t do it. Called ADT and requested an ADT technician, appointment was scheduled in 2 weeks. Same dish network technician comes back and says I am not sure why send me back. Horrible company horrible service, not worth the money.

Lisa Hartman Mattapoisett, MA

they hide the true part numbers of the cameras and equipment and then they overcharged be more that 4,000. on equipment. I could have easily bought the equipment for over 4,000 less money. the salesman was very dishonest. He yessed me to all the requirements mentioned and it wasnt until the last day in the last few hours that I learned that the cameras did not work anywhere near adequacy on the back of my house. DONT USE THEM FOR CAMERA MONITORING!!! ALSO, DONT PAY THE EXTRA MONTHLY FEE FOR THE WARRANTY. ITS MUCH CHEAPER TO INCURR THE RISK YOURSELF IF A CAMERA NEEDS TO BE REPLACED.

kitty parry Napa, CA

I wish I could give less stars. I have had two systems, one in my main home and one in my guest house. I had serious trouble with the entire system in the guest house consistently not working so I called to cancel that system. The customer service is by far the ABSOLUTE WORST I have ever experienced. After over an hour of holding and being transferred repeatedly and being told that the last person was at fault for transferring to the wrong person and having to explain yet again the issue, I finally was "helped" by someone whom I asked specifically to verify which system was being cancelled because I needed to make sure I had protection on my main home. Almost a month later, I noticed that my main home was not on the app, but the one I had cancelled was. I called in again to resolve only to find out that the wrong one had indeed been cancelled and I have been without protection this whole time. Not only that, but I am currently on hold with the THIRD person I have been transferred to because I protested at being transferred to a FOURTH person (yet again the person before them is to blame) because I refused to pay a hundred dollars for a RECONNECTION FEE!!! Yes, they want me to actually pay for their error and serious violation of security. After an hour in it is still not resolved. I will definitely be cancelling all services as soon as I have another system lined up. I would only recommend this company if you are looking for ways to waste your time on hold and don't need any of the services that you pay for. **UPDATE** The technician that arrived to "reinstall" the service they disconnected without my knowledge was instructed to not connect without me signing a contract. I politely showed him the door. I also reached out to the email they responded to me with (hilariously named [email protected]) to make sure they canceled and refunded me immediately. I received a condescending response offering a "goodwill" credit if I continued service. There is no way I want to be affiliated with ADT whatsoever again. I will update on whether I actually receive a credit for the services I thought I was receiving but did not. The final parting shot was the person apparently tasked with dealing with the mess lying to me saying that they called me every month to test the system. Which is not only not true, it is only one tiny part of the entire saga of ineptitude. This has been such a traumatic experience over such an important thing as safety.

Frustrated customer Weatherford, TX

No way to give a MINUS rating or I would do it! Never signed a contract. Never was told about the 36 months. When we tried to cancel they said we owed for 2 more months, Not prorated amount like the article above says. I WILL be calling them back! We had chosen to go with ADT because several other family members USED to use them. I did not realize they changed companies. Now I know and know why! I checked with other people who have had ADT after my experience. My Father had been with ADT for Many years and due to a flood he was no longer able to have a land line. ADT did not bother to tell him that he could keep paying the bill, but he no longer had ANY protection, not even from Fire... because their system could not monitor any longer. My sister and her family left ADT as soon as they could after that... I did not know. I know that having a land line is old school, but it still speaks to their lack of ethics Both Then and NOW. You should be able to buy the door alarms and monitor pad we got for about $10 hard costs. So when they tell you its expensive, its 'peel and stick'. The people who did the monitoring for us, IF we got a knowledgeable person on the phone, were helpful. Otherwise, we just called back. Save yourself and your family - USE ANOTHER COMPANY!!!

David Seattle, WA

After 3 years of ADT, I am shopping around for a new home security system. 3 years ago we had ADT installed in spite of the ridiculous sales tactics ($7,700 quote for a 2,400 sq ft house - that came down to $1,400 after a more careful examination of the needs - no we don't need a breaking glass sensor on the 12 sq inch attic window) Unfortunately at the time, the competition was even more expensive and less responsive. Last month (surprisingly on the 36th and last month of the contract), the control panel display started flickering and we called to have it repaired. We would have had to pay $99 to send a technician to see it, instead we had a sales person visit and offer a $630 quote for the new display and 2 chips to enable communication with our "old" ADT system and our other smart home (ring, ecobee, nest) units, After discussion it came down by $175. I still found the $450 price tag very high for a small touch screen display. So reviewed the competition and saw I could have a brand new system with 15 pieces of equipment + the control panel for $300 !! On top of that monitoring from other companies was between $20 and $35 when ADT costs $60!! The math is simple - Don't go with ADT or quit!!

Dewitt Jennings

Cost wise, it's been good. My mom has had it for years and she's never had a problem with it. Plus, the representative was good. He provided a positive experience. I'm happy with the service and feel secure with it. If I go out and my wife stays home, she just locks the door and turns the system on.

Lois Lessmann

We signed up for it because I had an SCI, and my daughter wanted to make sure I was safe while she was gone. Plus, they had a good rating. The only thing I wasn't happy with was the fact that my daughter wrote down all the information they gave us, but when it came to purchase the service, they wanted to charge us more.

Rom Mendawi Reseda, CA

It is not as we expected at all! We have a problem after another. They didn’t tell us about alarm permit from the city or the malfunction system they install. Now we are dealing with different bills that we got stuck with.

Bruce B. Coatesville, PA

It has been a perfect experience with now ADT. Our original system was installed by Protection One by the former owners. It was a great system. Now the push button terminal failed earlier this year. An ADT tech installed two new touch screen terminals, one at the front door and one in the bedroom. They are wireless and function perfectly. We were given the option for either another push button terminal (NEVER) or the new touch screen. We did make the correct choice for touch screen. We are perfectly satisfied with old Protection One and now ADT. The monthly fees have increased, of course, with the hi tech touch screens. We expected that. We have always received prompt and courteous service from ADT.

The Real ADT Spring Hill, FL

I have had no trouble with ADT in the fifteen years I have been working with them. I always call the ADT authorized service number, and get great service. When my unit showed the battery was low, they told me to buy it locally because of the difference in price. I believe that some of these low ratings come from the scam company. About two years ago we were contacted by a company calling itself ADT. They offered us an unbelievable upgrade on our system, so my wife asked them to call back so that I could hear about it. They did call again, and it sounded good, so I said the representative could come to our house. I again asked if this was ADT security, and the person on the phone said they were associated with ADT. I didn't feel right about this, and started doing some research. The company was NOT associated in any way with ADT and had horrible reviews. They also ran a credit check on me without any authorization. They only wanted my money. The day they were to come, I had security at the gate refuse entry to the neighborhood. Luckily, I hadn't signed any contract, because they continued to pester me about "Why I didn't want the "ADT" service upgrade. Check out the contract you have, and make sure you call the authorized ADT service number. I still have my original contract with ADT in my files, and they haven't broken any of it yet.

Brenda Huntington Beach, CA

ADT has some issues but by far is the best and most reliable security system available. After my father who lived 98 miles away passed away minutes away, my nephew who had lived with him had to be evicted. My nephew broke into the house and stole EVERYTHING he could pawn. He continued to break into the house for revenge. We got ADT, love the app, the response and their relationship with the local police stopped him from breaking in and destroying the work we were working on to improve the house. The app gave me the security knowing I could always check the status of the system. My nephew tried to tear out the electrical system to get into the house but the backup power system contacted , they also ADT who contacted me, they contacted the police who dispatched the police to the house. Very reliable system. Because we had ADT I could sleep at night. We were allowed to cancel the contract after only 1 year, no penalties due to selling the house. ADT worked with me and did not stick to the contract. Not only do I recommend them I am so very thankful they protected the hard work put into the house to sell it. The equipment was failsafe and so worth my piece of mind being so far away. The dispatchers at ADT were always very sympathetic and efficient. Well worth the cost for such outstanding protection. Also the sales reps did not try to oversell, each time we had to upgrade they did not pressure us, they let us decide what we needed. I live in Calif, not only miles count but traffic conditions can turn a 90 minute drive into hours. ADT prevented me from going up a 3,500 foot hill to check on the house.

Jim Schifferns Spokane, WA

I've been a happy ADT customer for 29 years. My current system was installed 18 years ago and it works as well today as it did the day it was installed. This week I had the land line removed from my house and had to make a decision as to what sort of alarm system I would have to use. I read the reviews on one of the heavily advertised do-it-yourself "no contract" systems and wasn't sure that was the way I wanted to go. I called ADT customer service and asked about upgrading my system to a cellular system and ADT offered me the upgrade at no cost because of my on going relationship with the company and my payment history. I scheduled the appointment and was advised ahead of time by the agent that the only charge for the upgrade would be the cost of the permit. When the installer arrived he advised me that the permit fee was actually $10 less than what the agent had quoted. I was required to pay for that $30 fee prior to work commencing. The installer was courteous, professional, and very knowledgeable of ADT systems in particular and all alarm systems in general. He donned shoe covers before entering the house and spent a long time searching for the "sweet spot" for installation of the cellular antenna. After the install he did a complete test of the entire system to ensure that every alarm feature in the house (heat, fire, smoke, door alarms, etc. worked perfectly and that the monitor system was in receipt of the transmissions. In my 29 year association with ADT I have never, not once, had a false alarm with my system. The one time it did go off the police department was on scene before I got home. The intruder had entered through my unlocked overhead garage door and kicked in the man door into the house which set off the alarm. Apparently he did not go past that point but departed the scene. My best guess is that for every complaint on this forum there are a million happy, safe ADT customers.

Cameron Farmer The Bronx, NY

I've known a few people who have relied on ADT to do the job right. I was aware of the various packages and deals and had to find one that fit me and my family well. Compared to other companies who seemed better where their contracts were concerned, overall I chose ADT because of the longer commitment and I was pleased with the monthly expense. About $50/month is worth the piece of mind aside from the hassle of professional installation. Normally, I don't write these reviews unless I am way beyond satisfied for what I paid and my family and I feel well taken care of. After one incident that happened two months into the service, ADT was truly on the ball and worth every penny.

Garrett Roberts Harpers Ferry, WV

The monitoring service is great! Can’t say the same for customer service but that’s expected from every company. I remember when my grandmother’s Safewatch Pro 3000 worked perfectly during a real fire emergency. I ended up getting the Safewatch after it was replaced with a TSSC (strange panel) but lost it a few days later due to ADT’s “we’re not supposed to leave the old system”. They ended up giving me another Safewatch with an extra siren and keypad plus two enclosures. I really wish they didn’t care about leaving the old system because what are they gonna do with it. I was told by a tech that there either thrown out or recycled. The Safewatch I have now is installed in my house and still isn’t finished yet but still works when we need it.

Steve

My wife and I own two homes and both have ADT security monitoring equipment. One home has had ADT for over 10 years and there's been only one problem with that installation. When the system was first installed, there was a crimped wire installed in the drywall, that vibrated during very strong winds, creating a false alarm on the motion detector. This happened at least twice and the monitoring center called notifying me of an alarm. Although a false alarm, this was proof the system worked and was being monitored. I was home once when the alarm activated during the high winds. I notified ADT of the problem and they promptly sent out a tech replacing the wire correcting the problem. The second home purchased, the Pulse system was installed. Remote monitoring is a great feature. The customer service agent was great. We received exactly the equipment agreed upon at the price agreed. The tech did a great job installing all the security points and the control panel and assisted with down loading the app to our smart phones and going over the system functions for remote access. After receiving the Pulse system I called ADT to inquire on upgrading the old wired system. The customer service agent was great. Gave me great information and pricing to upgrade. Informed me I could get the same equipment and same service at a lower price - WOW! I didn't upgrade at that time but called back a few months later and same pricing and services were still honored. The Pulse system is fantastic, love that little key fob! Great experiences with ADT..no forged signatures, no false pricing and no contracts! Customer service set up both accounts so they are billed as one payment. I don't know about the other reviewers, but it sound like we're dealing with two different companies.

John Best

Well this is my take on security systems with cameras . We have 2 residences one in Northern Ca and one in Southern Ca. Both have the pulse system using 3 cameras up North and 4 cameras here down South. On the morning of last Thanksgiving we had a person come on our front porch at 12.15 am and stole several items . The pulse system is a good system which you can monitor on your cell phone and or tablet and have a portal on your pc. The problem with the pulse system is that any one of the cameras will only capture a 30 sec clip, turn off for 2 mins approx and then back on. alot can happen in 2 min. The camera on the porch only caught the back of the perp luckily he tried to steal our golf cart and the 2 back cameras caught a good full body and facial. Thru our portal (pc) were able to send the clips to the SO. Wasn't satisfied with a 30 clip. Called ADT and our rep came out and showed us how a NVR system works. Note that there are many DVR systems out there on the market but a NVR system he installed has a 2 terabyte capacity and runs 24/7 365. once the hard drive is full it will record over itself. The hard drive is roughly capable of 4,500 hrs.. On Feb 5th the same perp came back and stole our patio heater. The NVR system pegged him perfect. Sent the whole activity to the SO and they scooped him up, now doing jail time and got our heater back. Another nice feature on both systems is that you can designate how many pc portals you want. We have a care taker here in SOCAL and they are installed on his pc and cell phone to monitor at all times. The NVR system is the way to go. The biggest plus is flexibility and communication with Law Enforcement. Totally happy with all ADT provides. For what you pay is very cheap insurance as apposed to the belongings you have. Not counting the most important part. YOUR PERSONAL SAFETY.

David Houghton Austin, TX

Our salesman lied to us on several topics First he told us we had until the following Monday to cancel which turned out to be false. We also knew when signing we planned on moving so we inquired about relocation and he assured us they take care of it no fee. Turns out they make you sign a new contract or buy out your old contract! The communication is also awful, we would heavily advise against this company

gloria tennant Cape Coral, FL

purchased package on internet from Defenders, Inc. they advertised a $100.00 gift certificate. I even have a post card advertising gift card. They now say nothing promised. That is definitely false advertising. They could not install the camera. Did not know how to do it. NOT HAPPY WITH THE COMPANY!!

Central Tx Lorena man Temple, TX

Hello, I do not write many reviews but in the case of ADT I want to tell as many people that if and when you decide to put in a security system DO NOT CHOOSE ADT!!! My family has been using their service for over 2 years for a home that has been lived in and out of due to medical issues. In this time the home has been broke into 3 times and the alarm system only worked properly once. and when we spoke to a rep from ADT they automatically tell us that something on our end was why the system didnt work properly like the cell service must have been interrupted or a storm took the home off their system or the best one was sometimes our system has to be updated and didnt come online and was sitting there not armed for weeks at a time BUT they never called to let us know that was going on so we could go check more often and remind them that the home is not secured. The point is that on every break in and the system failed all they did was say we are SO sorry but it was our fault that their system failed. I am writing this today Friday 12-18-2020 the house was broken in last night and 12-17-2020 and I have heard the last I'm sorry from these people for the last time because the company (ADT) said that yes the showed that the system hasnt been armed due to whatever and a Tech needed to check it out BUT the earliest time a Tech could come out is Wed 12-23-2020!! WOW talk about great responce time. FOLKS stay away from ADT the only thing that is consistent and ALWAYS DONE EVERY MONTH IS DRAFT THEIR MONEY OUT OF MY ACCOUT!!!

Elma Snyman Cary, NC

I was a customer with ADT for 8 years. Recently I asked them to install an outdoor camera and a doorbell camera. Unfortunately they were not upfront with the 3 year contract you now have when you do anything to the system or install extra equipment. I moved and now I'm stuck with a $1200 bill for cancelation fees regardless of the fact that I was already a customer for 8 years. I spent several evenings on the phone and I get passed from one person to another and the end result is pay up or the bill will go to collections. They don't even want to arrange for a payment plan!!! I begged and pleaded and I got nowhere. Please don't get stuck with this company. Get a dog.

Kelly Briggs Vallejo, CA

I had ADT at my my old address for a few months, then I moved. I contacted ADT and told them I was moving, and the customer service agent advised me that the cost effective way to do that is just to transfer my service (rather than cancelling, and starting new service). So I agreed, and I was told they would be ending my service on my old address and there would be no additional charge for the transfer or set up. They came out and installed my system at my new address. I signed for the install, and paid $1000 the day of so that I wouldn't have to make payments for the next year. Then, I got a call that my bill was past due. I looked, and I was being charged over $300 (for the amount of time left on my contract at the old house that they said they would just transfer with no charge). I called, and no one had ever cancelled the old address, so I was being charged for both addresses. They said they corrected it on the account, and my account should show a zero balance in a week or two. Today, I looked at my credit card statement and saw that I had a new charge on it for $710. I called to tell them that this is an issue, and I was supposed to owe less money, NOT have money taken from me. They said they would correct it, and I asked for an email verification because the previous statements from the agents had not been upheld. They said they can't send me an email, but it was "notated on my account". I told them that wasn't good enough. They were unable to help. So I repeated the same conversation with an online chat so that I could screenshot and download a transcript of the conversation. I will supposedly be refunded the $710 in 7-15 business days. I don't know if that will happen. If it weren't for the fact that it would cost me even MORE money to start service with another company, I would switch service NOW, but I don't want to spend MORE money. This whole experience has been a nightmare. DON'T use ADT!!!!

D. Jone Arlington Heights, IL

The ADT salesman totally misrepresented the 6 month money back guarantee. Nothing in ADT's contract states 3 service attempts are required. Even so, we accommodated ADT and, after multiple attempts, they still could not fix their system. They left us with an inoperable system for over 7 days. Trying to manage ADT became a full time job. After 4 attempts of taking time off and making my home available to ADT to fix their system and video doorbell (extras I paid for and were promised were fabulous services backed by their 6 month money back guarantee), the system is still non-functioning and inoperable. ADT's customer service is horrible. I've actually had reps yell and shout like ADT's performance is a reflection of me and my fault. Their tech even says their equipment is poor and to go with another provider. Their techs have NO confidence in their product. Very telling. This has been a disaster from day one. Stay far, far away. I was an Xfinity Home security customer and should have stayed. You have options. Do you research and do not rely on ADT name recognition. If so, you are likely to be dissatisfied.

Juli ,

Re: ADT Blue I’m sure some have wonderful experiences w/ADT. Unfortunately, my experience has been one of ongoing inconvenience met w/by ADT w/further lack of consideration of how their solution(s) imposed further inconveniences. On 11/19, I paid $373.43 for the most basic system (NO PANEL/MONITOR, mostly stickers, yard sign, 2 door motion sensors, 3 window sensors, and a hub). I paid for expedited 2-day shipping. By 11/27, I felt like a ping pong ball between UPS and ADT over one another’s blame for the daily “Your order is out for delivery and will be delivered by 9:00”. Today, I’m told to expect it by 9:00 on 11/30. Neither offered to refund the shipping or other service discounts, instead asking me whether I had someone who could install the system while I was away on the trip I was supposed to leave on days ago. The cancellation call took 25 min, was the standard customer svs manual good before the bad (“Thank you for..., but”, “We value your business but..”, “Thank you for applying for service from ..”). The bad was that until they received their box of stickers, yard sign, hub, a a few sensors, —whenever that may be w/holidays coming up over the next month and all, ADT was unable to refund my $373.43. No apologies for the inconvenience met w/further inconvenience and indifference. Sales has offered refunds and discounts according to some of the other reviews. I was polite and yet did not receive anything other than UPS saying they cannot ship until they receive the package from the sender and from ADT received a “talk to UPS” or have a friend install the system if I’m away whenever the box of stickers, hub, and sensors arrive. Guess ADT is too big to care about the little residential business customer w/the $373 system. FYI ADT, security stickers may be a deterrent (although they are sold everywhere) but you should not be counting it as a piece of service equipment in a package.!

Kim , NC

I have had ADT to monitor my home since 2015. This is a great monitoring service. They have great customer service and their IT department is great as well. The only 2 problems that I have with them is the security cameras go offline easily and when customer service can't get the camera back online remotely they have to send a technician out. This happens about 3-4 times a year. Also they seem to raise their prices anywhere from $4 -$6 a year. Otherwise a great home monitoring service. I will continue to use them.

G Nicholls Bryan, OH

We've had ADT for 11 years and found them to be a very reputable When we first signed up we had a few disappointments regarding some of the incentives the local dealer promised. They never followed threw. The company though has been there for us and came several times to check out a problematic sensor on an office door in the barn. A new battery and some adjustments and we were back in business- no charge

Richard Nilges Mokena, IL

Just had ADT install a system in our home today. We travel a lot in our motor home, and need the peace of mind a security system provides, even though we have lived here 25 years with no problem. Pretty obvious to the bad guys with an RV parked in the driveway that we are leaving! I knew that the cost would be more than their call center quoted because I have a lot of ground floor windows. Just be prepared to spend a little bit more because the call center doesn't know exactly what you need, the tech does. Remember, you own the equipment and can take it with you if you move. But the equipment is top notch, easy to operate, and pretty much foolproof. The smart phone app is easy to use and you can control the system anywhere in the world. Also, a remote for your keychain controls the system from 300 feet. I feel confident in their system because they are the oldest in the business and their tech, Terry, was very knowledgeable and professional. There are cheaper systems out there, but ya get what ya pay for!

Rose Shaw Houston, TX

As 2 young women living in a not-so-safe part of town, we definitely felt that we needed to amp up the security within our residence. We just happened to choose ADT and we were not disappointed! Their customer service is excellent, the prices were extremely convenient for 2 college students, and their professionalism is impressive! This is our first time having a security service for our place, but we have no complaints! We feel safe and happy in our homes knowing that we chose ADT.

Jeff Warner San Jose, CA

I have been with ADT for a very long time, and since I moved into a new home the first thing I did was setup their security. I feel so much better now that my family is safe - and they really are because this system is spectacular! I haven't had a problem since installation and relibility thats one of the only things I care about when it comes to these things.

Marty West Waldorf, MD

Haven't had one single issue yet after 8 months. I wanted to share my thoughts because I've had such a great experience so far with ADT. Their setup is stellar, so much better than any competition I was looking at because A) they are reasonably priced and B) it has a very secure brand image. They are the best in the business for a good reason, I have no doubt I will be secure for a long time to come

Taylor

When I looked online to get a system, ADT was consistently ranked in the top 3 everywhere I looked. And now I feel safer at home. Their system is incredibly flawless and I get updates on my phone whereever I am. I never had to call customer service because since the beginning it keeps chugging along without a second thought. I love this system and wouldn't trade it for any other.

Jake Harris Boydton, VA

I'm sure every company offers competitive equipment. However, my purchasing decision was based upon what I think are the 2 most important qualities to look for in a home security system: 1) Monitoring and 2) Perceived effectiveness and/or protection level. In my mind, ADT wins by a landslide in both categories. The yard signage alone is a difference-maker. Burglars must be hugely deterred even just by an ADT sign in the yard.

G. Carpenter Faribault, MN

I have been with ADT for eight years, they are the best. Always good customer service, their monthly fee is very reasonable and I did not have to pay for installation or equipment. If I call about my equipment not working they will work with me and try to resolve the issue over the phone if not then someone will be here, there is never a charge for them coming to our home.

Tim Wichita, KS

For those complaining about the service of ADT, they have been bought out by Protection One, who is the BEST alarm company in the country. They have the best agents and the best customers service of any company when compared to ADT. The contracts are fair and they will work with you if the prices are too high. They never have late fees and if you get the extended service protection, you never pay for anything except batteries for your sensors. Start reconsidering ADT now if you've left them previously...Protection One buying them out changes things...I have experienced this myself!

Kenny M

I have been an ADT customer for almost a year. Just two months short. The equipment has performed flawlessly every time it has been activated even during two separate power failures.(battery backup). ADT has come through as promised. My system I selected was pretty much ala carte. No pressure to buy equipment that I didn't want. The Tech showed me the top of the line system then I deleted the items I deemed unnecessary with no worries. They are consistent with billing with no surprises. P.S. Alarm systems are only a deterrent to keep people honest, They cant keep Criminals Out. This statement is directed at one of the aforementioned reviews.

David Kolbenschlag

Have used ADT for 25 years on this same home. Home was built with hard wired sensors on all windows and doors and motion detectors installed. Thus equipment cost was nill. Several years ago I had the pulse system installed with one free camera and one free remote controller offered. This allows me to monitor my camera anywhere from my cell phone, turn on/off lights, Arm or de-arm the system. I also had the cell capability installed in the event the home loses all power and an alarm event occurs the system still alerts ADT. Battery last 5-7 years, very easy to replace and cost about $15. Customer service always polite and helpful.

Larry Tunnell Las Cruces, NM

I had been a customer of ADT for 15+ years, and tried to terminate the service. They said I owed for the next six months. I had been told we were on a month to month contract, so I asked to see the signed contract that said six months. They haven't sent it because they don't have it. They still insist on my paying for the next six months that I won't be using them.

ABC Morrisville, NC

If I could give any lower rating, would do that. Stay away from these liars. One of the worst businesses I have ever dealt with. I lost my awesome deal with CPI, because fo these liars. Their Sales Mgr on a recorded line promised a better deal, gets my agreement to check my credit score, takes deposit for installation, sends the technician the next day only for me to uncover that he gave a false Quote and now ADT as a company would not honor that. Despite me telling them to check their recording and honor what was committed to the customer, even if your Sales Mgr made a mistake, they refused and the Sales Regional Mgr on the call was extremely rude. All he would say is, we will give your money back. Reached out to Customer care, who never returned my call after it dropped during their internal transfer. In short, their logo should be "Not trustworthy" and they promise security.. Its a joke. Sharing this so others don't get trapped by them.

Ann Falk Newtown Square, PA

More problems with adt. Woke to alarm ringing, code displayed for radio connect problems. Tech said service call would take 3 days with 5 hour window. Asked them if security system would work for the next 3 days all they would say is they have no contact with our house. So for a lot of money we're paying adt we have no protection. This is far from our fist problem with adt, on prior service calls tech was rude and condescending to genial senior home owner and outright nasty when we asked about getting a battery that lasted longer than 4-5 hrs when power goes out - they use 5 aaa batteries! Our power goes out for days which was made clear to tech when they sold us the system. Bottom line, DO NOT use adt. Use any other service. Use the teenage kid across the street. Use trained dogs. Hire a house sitter when you go out for groceries. Use anything but not adt, you will regret it esp. when the bill comes and you realize you don't have reliable service for all the money you're paying.

Bill Bennett

Their price is very competitive, and they have a good reputation. We already have it at our business, so we'll be installing into our house, once we purchase it.

Steve Katz

Everything was fine when we spoke to the representatives, but it was a whole different story when they sent out a technician. They had given me a price and feature, but when the guy came out to my house, it was totally different. It was a misleading situation.

Maria M. Marlboro, NJ

I have had ADT since May 2018. I've never had a problem with them. I had to call to change my number when i switched cable company. They came & switched it. I've had good customer service experience. Alarm went off because I entered wrong code n they called asap. Very satisfied.

Anne-Marie Reed Phoenix, AZ

For the most part our security system and cameras have worked great. We ran into trouble when our cameras stopped working for no apparent reason. I spoke to Malik on the phone to ask for assistance but I kept hearing him reiterate the cost of having a technician come out to fix the problem. Of course, I’m paying nicely for the system to work in the first place. He started talking in “tech” language, telling me to locate a black ADT Netgear tower. We don’t have one and he was made aware of this very clearly in the beginning. After 20 minutes of a wild goose chase trying to locate the necessary ADT device in my home per his insistence (one would think the equipment and location would be documented by ADT), he’s made aware that I can only find a small white device plugged into an outlet. I eventually fixed the problem but I was left feeling frustrated for receiving inaccurate information and unhelpful “assistance” from this ADT employee. A few times during the call I waited while there was dead silence for minutes on his end and had to ask if he was still there on the line. I’ll give them one more chance.