Best Company Guarantee Spectrum Logo

Spectrum

7.2

LAST UPDATED: February 28th, 2024

Spectrum has been operating since 1993 and is a household name in the United States. The company, which recently merged with Time Warner Cable and Bright House Networks, serves more than six million people, making it the fourth largest cable company and one of the largest internet providers in the country.

Spectrum provides internet speeds up to 60 Mbps with no data caps. Its internet service requires a one-year contract.

View Spectrum Reviews

Spectrum offers services in a huge span of the country, especially compared to other internet service providers.

Spectrum has been able to grow rapidly in just a few decades, attributing this success in part to its customer service commitment. That commitment involves a fast broadband network and all the tools necessary to meet internet connection needs.

The Spectrum team is willing to help their customers in any way they can to have a positive experience with their company. They offer cable and fiber-optic internet plans.

The Good

• No Data Caps
  • Short Wait Window
  • Spectrum Enterprise
  • Bundling Options
  • No Hidden Fees

No Data Caps

Spectrum internet doesn't limit its customers with data caps. A lot of competitors have data limits, and when customers go over these limits they pay fees or their services are disrupted. It's a convenience worth looking into, and this feature alone may be what steers you to Spectrum.

Short Wait Window

The Spectrum internet team knows losing internet service can mean losing time and money. At some point, you'll probably need a technician to come to your home or business to work on network equipment.

Many companies who send out technicians leave the time window wide open and make the customer wait for hours for the technician. Thankfully, Spectrum is different. They set a two hour window that the technician will be there. If the technician does not make the allotted time, Spectrum will pay the customer $20.

They also have a 30-day money-back guarantee their customers can take advantage of if they are not satisfied with their service or the products they receive.

Spectrum Enterprise

Spectrum offers fiber-optic business internet for companies who want a fast connection for phone, internet, and TV service. Spectrum Enterprise also delivers cloud services for their business customers.

Bundling Options

While Spectrum may not have a variety of standalone internet packages, they do have several options that can help you bundle internet, phone service, and cable channels:

• Spectrum Double Play — $89.98 per month, 125+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Silver — $109.98 per month, 175+ channels and 100 Mbps
    • Gold — $129.98 per month, 200+ channels and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Internet & Phone — $64.98 per month, unlimited calling and 100 Mbps
  • Spectrum Triple Play Select — $99.97 per month, 125+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Silver — $119.97 per month, 175+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps
    • Triple Play Gold — $139.97 per month, 200+ channels, unlimited calling, and 100 Mbps

No Hidden Fees

While Spectrum does charge a fee to lease a router and another fee for installation, the company is more transparent than some service providers in the industry. Be sure to read contract terms thoroughly and take time to understand billing, your monthly rate, and whether you'll pay more after a certain duration of service.

The Bad

• Limited Internet-Only Packages Available
  • Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Limited Internet-Only Packages Available

Most internet service providers try to meet various audience needs by offering many different plans and bundles. These packages usually have a large selection of internet speeds (download and upload speeds), features, and prices to choose from. With all of these options, you're more likely to find the best fit for your specific internet and pricing needs. This is not the case with Spectrum internet, as they only offer their customers one package:

• Spectrum Internet: 60 Mbps for $44.99 per month

If you're only looking for internet and this package doesn't impress you, you'll need to choose another ISP.

However, you may be interested in Spectrum's internet and cable TV bundling options.

Highest Download Speed is 60 Mbps

Spectrum offers an internet speed of 60 Mbps. Some competitors offer high-speed internet up to 1 Gbps for slightly higher prices. Potential customers will have to decide what speed they need and if Spectrum internet service is capable of delivering these needs.

The Bottom Line

Overall, Spectrum Internet is a good choice for those customers who are looking for relatively quick speeds in their internet network. The package it offers would work best for those customers who know exactly what they are looking for and do not need a lot of variety.

View Best Internet Service Companies

Call our recommended rep over at Spectrum below.

bestcompany guarantee

Learn More About Our Guarantee

3.7

NANCY Malone San Antonio, TX

Living out in the country, we only had one choice for internet. But about 6 months ago, Spectrum came to our road. I called them on a Friday and they were here the next day. We have had excellent service with them. And their price is very affordable.

Selina Warner Hudson, FL

I would definitely recommend spectrum internet and phone services. They have great customer service. They have great prices and always help you get into a good promotion!

veronica angelo Weston, MA

Spectrum has been a game-changer for my internet and TV needs. The internet speeds are blazing fast, and I never have to worry about lagging while watching my favorite shows. Their customer service is on point too, always friendly and helpful.

Reynaldo Soria Tampa, FL

Compared with frontier spectrum offers a great deal for what you get. Although prices increase the service is still worth it. When you have an issue a tech is sent out as fast as possible. In some cases a tech arrives same day.

jackie brown Fort Worth, TX

You save a lot of money for spectrum we even have spectrum cell phone. The Internet service is awesome.

atokoose taiwo boluwatiwi Lagos, LA

This is my personal and my main internet service for my high quality game streaming with the lowest in game latency, they offer high downloads speed which helped me to download my high sized games in matter of minutes.

Cherie Cole Clifton Park, NY

I’ve had Spectrum for many years since I’ve owned my home. The customer care is absolutely the best. Whenever I’ve had the slightest problem they have either fixed it immediately or sent someone out to fix it. They have switched out equipment when necessary promptly and efficiently. Their staff are always courteous and respectful when they enter your home. I cannot recommend them highly enough and they are fair in pricing.

shirley arington Candler, NC

Have been with Spectrum since 2015 and I am happy with their service. Internet speeds are fine for what I do online.

MzMazzey

They always are happy to help solve any problem I have with my internet and phone. Great problem solvers! Thankya much!

Anne Lincolnton, NC

I really enjoy having Spectrum as my sole provider for Internet, TV, Phone, and Cellular. The billing is simple to understand and I get a discount on my Cable for using Spectrum cellular. Service has been good, repair people are polite and knowledgeable and the customer service via phone has been great. No complaints here.

Michelle Thomas Anaheim, CA

Spectrum has good service and overall I like them. I am a little disappointed that the internet does not want to connect my streaming apps. It is terrible in our small house. I have not called to ask for a resolution. I am being honest so I can't say they are bad because I haven't given them the opportunity to fix the issue.

Striker 2009 El Paso, TX

I am in the Army and I have been sent to Fort Bliss, Texas three different times. I have always chosen Spectrum for their reliable service and price. During my three years at Fort Bliss, Texas, I have never had an issue with this company. Their costumer serve is awesome. We do have the accational outage, but it's due to the weather.

Sylvester Harr Youngstown, OH

My internet is. Very fast and reliable, very little to no outages

10 hours ago

Kelsey T.L. Lansing, MI

Spectrum's internet has been a blessing for us and our great aunt, who lives far away. It's made staying connected with her and providing the support she needs so much easier. My husband and I installed it for her, and I must say that installation was a breeze, and the reliability of the connection has been fantastic. Spectrum has made a significant positive impact on all of our lives, and I couldn't be happier with their service. Five stars without a doubt!

3 months ago Edited November 1, 2023

Playa Del Carmen Eats and Drinks Cancún, ROO

I guess I would have to say I don't have bad things or good things to say about this company. This was the only service available to us in the area and well if we wanted service this is the company to use. I never had bad service just over priced.

Amanda Slezak

10/10 on everything to do with this company. its easy to get ahold of customer service and they make sure to help with everything. Internet is amazing. I've had no problems with the connection since ive had spectrum internet.

Lennette Lundy Kingsport, TN

I had some issues at first but their tech quickly figured out it was my electrical. Between the electric company and spectrum we got the issue fixed and saved my apartment from possible fire. The rerouted my Internet wire and everything has been great ever since.

Georgianna Quinney Taylorsville, NC

After Century Link switched to Brightspeed, our Internet was nothing short of TERRIBLE. Spectrum has been a GAME CHANGER. We have only had it for 2 months, but already love it! It is fast, reliable & SO MUCH BETTER. Their tech had it switched and set up within 30 minutes. They were also very accommodating when it came to working with my work schedule. Idk how it will be after the year of guaranteed pricing runs out, but right now--couldn't be happier with the service!

Ann Blythewood, SC

I have been with Spectrum for about three and a half years now. I really like Spectrum for the way it works. You never have to worry if it's raining and you rarely have to worry even if you have bad bad weather. When I have had a problem with billing they have resolved the problem quickly and it was nothing for me to worry about and I like that. It has always been a pleasure to work with the Spectrum company from the initial startup to after I moved and had to start up again. It was a very smooth transition. I have no complaints against Spectrum. I have only good things to say.

Raj R

No contracts or data caps. Incentives and plenty of promotions to start off with to experience its products and services..

Kelsey Conner Wilmington, NC

Spectrum has been an excellent internet provider for us. In the event that something goes wrong, they are quick to resolve the issue and they have excellent customer service guiding you throughout the process.

Sandra Anderson Spring Hill, FL

Minor problems can be solved on line with the Spectrum app. Landline service offers span blockers. Spectrum internet service has been very realiable in all the many years I have used Spectrum and Bright House.

Brenda Corbitt

Spectrum has very good service, when i call with issues, the service is pleasant and they have the patience to help Me through the situation even when im Confused, they wait and direct me to resolve the problem. Im very Happy with Specteum.

Melissa McDonald, PA

I have had spectrums Internet service and decided to try mobile. I was a former Verizon mobile customer, I was afraid the service wouldn’t be good. I am pleased to say I haven’t had any issues and have saved a lot of money

Simon D. Wood Pomona, CA

Credit where credit is due. After my moaning and groaning about Spectrum, I finally got past the suicide-inducing robo-telephone operator [she should be pensioned off], and the engineers arrived. They were great. They crawled through our attic and sorted out the wiring. We now have constant internet and a TV picture which doesn't crap out every 30 seconds with a loss of sound. We are now happy customers. Thank you, Spectrum.

Kaylee Gay Chicago, IL

I love that Spectrum reaches such rural places with their streaming network. My family lives out on a farm and Spectrum was one of the few options that we could choose from. And although it was one of our only options, Spectrum has so many options for channels. I love that I can watch my Christmas movies or favorite TV shows all on the same service. I also love to watch college football and I love that I can jump back and forth between games when I am waiting for it to start. And Spectrum is very affordable for how far they stream too.

Donn Carr

They are my business provider - First you alway sign up for the business plan if you are serious. As a business customer you go to the head of the class when things go wrong as they can. The speed is lightening fast, their customer service is consistently outstanding. I have had Comcast in the past and am so thrilled to not have to deal with Comcast and their "we just don't care" attitude.

A completely happy customer!

I have had satellite companies prior to going with Charter Spectrum. I am so much happier with this company as I live in the Pacific Northwest so whenever there is a storm there is a good chance of losing the satellite connections. Also, the speed of the internet is so much faster than satellite options. Price is high no matter who you go with so I woulld rate that a tie with the satellite company internet

Dathan A. Griffin Orlando, FL

I wanted my mother to have a better internet experience, as she is really into streaming services. We spoke with Avery from Spectrum - Dallas, TX - and he was one of the most stunning agents I've ever spoken with. He was knowledgeable, accurate, and prompt. My mother is super happy with her 400mbps upgrade, and I'm excited that Avery helped make her experience more enjoyable. Thank you, good sir!👍

David Adrian Morales Weslaco, TX

The service is good with great speed. Outages are addressed pretty well. They will even comp you on the time you were out of service. Only thing is that they dont let you not be on a promotional plan which will end and then you get charged up. You have to really be on top of the billing situation with them. They also flood you with advertisements for services you may not want which is sometimes annoying.

9 months ago Edited May 22, 2023

Yaritza Mata Penitas, TX

Spectrum is by far the best internet provider we could’ve ever had. It’s service is very speedy and works well in several places. Due to my husbands work we commute a lot and always get spectrum installed immediately because we know without a doubt that it will not let us down. Recently we had a power outage and it damaged a fuze but it was quickly resolved with new equipment and up and running by the same day.

DIY Guy Cathedral City, CA

I have been using Charter/Spectrum as my internet provider in three different locations over the past 16 years. The speed and reliability have been above average as compared to what I hear from other people. The price appears to be competitive, but by no means a bargain. Spectrum also provides a free security suite of anti-virus software, which I no longer use since I have another product. Outages are seldom. Customer service is fair. I recommend Spectrum and would use again.

Sherman Taylor

Spectrum is one of the best companies for internet cable and phone services you can get they keep their appointments on time they are serious about satisfying their customers I would highly recommend if you're going with the internet service go with spectrum but they have a tendency to go that extra mile and contact you multiple times either through your phone email wondering why you didn't keep your appointment so they are a punctual company they are right there at your house when they say they're going to be in the very polite very cordial they welcome you in with a good deals I get this company five stars because they actually came to my house and I had spectrum installed in one of my tenants rooms here in San Antonio and they were pretty quick the installer was very nice it was a nice guy not to mention their customer service is like top notch if you ever have a problem the service or one of the items or some of the equipment feel free to contact them anytime

Vicki Dawson Spartanburg, SC

I called to cancel my cable n they said since I had been a long time customer they couldn’t let me do that n what would make me change my mind.I proceeded to tell them I just couldn’t affor something n I felt like I could live w/o cable.So they asked was I disabled n I am so they offered my me free high speed internet 2 phones n lines at $5 each n cheap cable.I got all that for Hal of what my bill originally was n I’m tickled to death bc I gained phones for my kids n kept my internet n cable.Thank you Spectrum for helping out someone that needed help.Now only if Duke Energy would offer help for disabled.It sure is cold in my house n propane is hard to come by n gets expensive if I can even get someone to take me or pick it up for me.Thanks Spectrum you made my year!!

JimS. Cathedral City, CA

One thing is a given. Everyone, everywhere complains about their cable TV and internet providers. Even when it’s good. Spectrum is actually the best ISP I’ve ever had. Of course, everything is locality-dependent. I live near Palm Springs and other than severe heat, which usually doesn’t negatively impact internet service, we don’t often get extreme weather-- especially rain. In the 3 yrs I’ve had internet with Spectrum, my internet has probably gone down twice or maybe 3 times, for less than a few hours, total. If even that. I like them. And when you leverage your existing Spectrum internet with Spectrum Wireless, you get extremely well-priced cellphone service that uses the Verizon network— which is the best cell network in this part of the California desert. My advice is to not listen to everyone who constantly complains about their Internet service. Sometimes it’s just a lot of talk. Spectrum is actually quite good.

2 years ago Edited January 3, 2022

Peggy Eden

I had spectrum internet for many years and never had a problem. The customer service was always fast and kind!

Susan Jenkins Queens, NY

My experience with Spectrum has been very good, so far. The price for TV, Phone and Internet bundle is great.

Lynne Holt Tullahoma, TN

Best value in Internet an tv service. I recently swapped to their mobile phone love or. Picks up great and got one free for a year !!

Stephanie Ponce Hemet, CA

My current provider with internet, cable and cell phone. I pay so little compared to Verizon. My service works well in my area. Definitely recommend.

Debra Sumter, SC

They have been quick to resolve any issues I have had with my system. They went over and above with customer service to locate a problem I was having with my moble device.

Nidia Salichs Ballwin, MO

I love spectrum. The company is very good. They text us if we have a power outage and that is very helpful to us. Thank you for the Internet service you provide.

Joseph Peterson Milwaukee, WI

I love Spectrum! They under promise and overdeliver in my opinion. We signed up for 100mbps service and are now up to 300mpbs service without paying more. they keep upgrading it.

Angel Palacios Seattle, WA

Affordable, reliable speeds Spectrum not only offers home internet with Spectrum you can bundle it with t.v, internet and mobile all for one low monthly price and the. The tech support are helpful and helped me get set up the same day I got my modem and router. I definitely would recommend Spectrum to friends and family.

Yooper Colorado Colorado Springs, CO

I have no issues with this internet provider, they are the primary supplier of internet in a small lake town in the back woods of Michigan. The connection is fast and consistent (unlike how spotty Comcast is in my major city) and the cost is fair.

Valerie Lewis Apopka, FL

I recently contacted Spectrum regarding our internet outage. Rochelle immediately responded and she told us how to fix the problem. She was very patient and consistent. I appreciated talking to a great customer service representative. I assured her that I would write a review online. She serviced us in the the 32703 zipcode.

Dameron Lyon Morganton, NC

Spectrum has been fair with us.I was outside working one day and a lady pulled up and asked about my provider (att) at the time,i told her i hated it and asked if they had any options.She locked me unto a amazing rate on my internet and guarenteed me it will never go up!!!

Teresa

Each department with in Spectrum very courteous, helpful. In our decision in choosing Spectrum with Internet & tv services was based on price. Services that are at a higher grade without the extreme price cost and changes showing on your bill. Also No 2year Service Contracts!!!!

Lawrence B Bohns San Antonio, TX

I'v Had no issues or concerns and their customer service is excellent. For me anyway. All may be a little more expensive, but not enough for me to leave They make up for that in service and reliability. I have had Directv. They are very good but AT&T sucks .

lacey jo Ocala, FL

Spectrum has really upped their service. Years ago when I started using this service there was constant connection issues and service drops. Now, I am proud to be a spectrum user. They are a great example of what a service provider should be.

Betty Mount Pleasant, MI

I LOVE THE CABLE TV LINE UP SELECTION THAT THEY HAVE. STILL HAVE THE LAND LINE PHONE SEVICES, AND THE INTERNET SERVICE IS AWESOME. I HAVE NOT HAD NO PROBLEMS, BUT WHEN I DO HAVE PROBLEMS, I AM ABLE TO CALL IN AND GET ANSWERS WITH A FRIENDLY VOICE ON THE OTHER END OF THE PHONE TO LET ME KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON.