Comcast Xfinity Internet Logo

Comcast Xfinity Internet

7.1

April Frederick, MD

Service is ok sometimes they services disconnect at midnight I came from my job and the Internet is out of service. And some chanels distorted. Each year or maybe in some months they increase the values it’s too much expensive jut pay for cable and Internet. Now for rent a modem $14 is too much what they want we are paying service and still we pay to pay $14 for rent of the modem. For each box 9.95, regional broadcast they increase to $14 and $9 for regional sport fee. Wow I have contract for 2 years but now when this ends I will end with this company. At the beginning this Comcast was good now it’s too expensive. I will try different company now.

Elizabeth M. Lake Worth, FL

I love Xfinity but I'm already getting sick of the fact that they increased the bill for no reason. On my bill, it keep saying "one time fee" but it doesn't explain what it is for. That's basically stealing money from me without giving me the proper knowledge of what I agreed to when I sign up for Xfinity. They need to stop increasing the bill and only charge us what we agreed.

Subzero35 York, PA

Comcast internet is overly priced and even though you are paying an extreme amount of money you get at most mediocre service. They are also doing updates without checking if it will be functional which then causes the internet to down on time frame btw 1 and 24 hours. The biggest issue is that every day the internet stops working due to outages all over the county because either the techs working don't know what they do are so the problem gets fixed the first time, when fixing a problem they take an insane amount of time to "fix the issue" and are not staying on top of their products. A huge issue is that whether you've been there 10+ or just signing up if an issue arises and you contact them they refuse to do anything to make the customer feel review/and basically tell the customer to deal with it.

Esmeralda Garcia

This is not the cheapest company, however their product quality is the best I have ever had. It has gone out rarely and when it does it's back fairly quickly which I can't say for other provider I had, AT&T. The speed of internet regardless of distance from router is stable and strong.

Betty L.

I have not had any problems with Comcast. When a tree limb fell on my line, they made an appointment to fix it. I did change from another internet co because I couldn''t get the speed I wanted. Everything is good now.

John Burnside Colorado Springs, CO

For about 3 years I had Comcast and experienced much slower internet speeds than what I was paying for. The 3rd time I called to complain in a two year period, the customer service rep put me on hold for 20 minutes to check something out that didn't seem correct. She came back on to explain that the IMEI for my router didn't match what they had in their system. She corrected it and I immediately got the speed I had been paying for for 2 years. The previous two calls had done nothing to get Comcast to fix a problem that was caused by them in their record keeping.

David Bremerton, WA

Love everything about them except the inconsistent speed. One day fast the next day could be excruciatingly slow and everything in between. We bundle TV, phone and internet and that is only issue..

Bruce Roseville, CA

Xfinity Internet works most of the time except when it is in high demand. What I mean by that is when I am streaming a 4k movie, Netflix or Amazon will say the bandwidth is too low. I notice this only happens on newer TVs or 4k Sticks with higher quality pictures. Xfinity can't seem to keep up with the increased amount of data during these movies. They better get with the program because the demand will not become less. I would also like to mention Xfinity is the only company I know that doesn't rewards loyal customers. When I first started with Xfinity, my bill was $60 per month. I renewed for another two years and my bill increased to $78 per month which includes a loyalty discount. Needless to say, I will not renew once my contract is completed.

Layne Magna, UT

I've been a customer for over 10 years, haven't had many technical problems with them. They have been good in that respect. I'm just not happy with their billing practices. I hate how they will increase the rates and won't work with you if you miss the renewal date. I am also not happy to find out they are limited the amount of data you can use each month. We found out we have a terabyte limit and if we want unlimited then we have to pay even more money to them.

phyllis

I like that they give you a refund if your service is disconnected, by fault of weather. They do charge you for 140 channels. Most of the 140 channels are in Spanish. You can't get FOX news, CNN, or MSNBC news unless you pay more in fees. I only watch the news. Its ridiculous that customers have to pay extra money in cable just to watch the news. I can see if I wanted the golf channel or tennis channel that you would have to pay extra. But, I don't even have one (1) movie channel and I still have to pay extra for FOX and CNN news.

Kathy

Started out great, good price for package. Then it started going up in price and quality down. We had to reboot the entire system 5 or 6 times a week because it froze up constantly. Took box in and they changed for an upgraded version, freezing stopped. Internet is horrible! Doesn't cover the whole house. The box os right nextdoor to the bedroom! Took box in exchanged it for an upgraded version, a bit better but had better with another company. They bill for 2 months at a time and that unnerves me totally! Id you dont pay it all then your past due. I am paying $187.00 per month and that is just basic no frills! Customer service is horrible!

Thomas Hullinger Pleasant Grove, UT

Comcast Xfinity Internet is what I have had for over 5 years at my home. They provide fast speeds, that are very reliable, and that works through the whole house. They have a good price and are good to look for your best option when you go back to them later and want to review your service.

W. Jang San Francisco, CA

Xfinity internet service is OK, but some of their account managers will lie through their teeth and make promises they know they can't keep in order to get your business. I hadn't had home internet in quite a few years because of my limited income so I worked with an xfinity account manager by the name of Danny A. to come up with something that was within my budget. Knowing that I had limited monthly income he promised everything under the sun including waving install fees, 60Mbps for $25/month, $60 rebate. He seemed sincere but when the feet hit the pavement, what I ended up with was 15Mbps for $30/month, a $15 connection fee, no rebate and a lot of talk with NOTHING to back it up. While I have home internet now, it is generally too slow for a lot of the content from my Roku player though web surfing is OK. I haven't tried gaming yet. So if you live in and about San Francisco and a Danny A. from xfinity wants to sell you anything, run, don't walk as far away as you can. As the old saying goes, if his lips are moving...

Tee G Port Saint Lucie, FL

Prices are good but internet does lag more than it should for the little amount of WiFi that we pull with the highest speed.They are much faster then time Warner cable that I had for many years. They are also a lot easier to get a hold of and their apps are easy tools to help when you dont want to have to call in and wait on hold.

Charles Festi

Upgraded my speed to 100 mbps. This should be plenty for multiple people to be streaming at once and for online gaming, but the internet always gets slower when more people are on it and online gaming is worthless unless you are home alone and even then it is sometimes slow. There are times when the internet just stops working as well and I have to reset the modem. It works good most of the time though.

Judith Clark

Xfinity provides my internet, tv, and home phone. I have had them for years. Very few problems, and if something does go wrong I get help on line or even a service call very quickly.

Megan Warren

limited amount of streaming data on internet service, if you go over, you have to pay for the higher tier and there is no warning. The signal is unreliable, it cuts out and I have to reconnect to the internet all the time, the three different tiers of speeds available is ridiculous as are their prices. Their customer service is for the most part terrible. I've had very few good experiences with them. They took over a year of my internet being out for hours at a time to realize I had an outdated modem that I rent from them and their updates weren't installing on my modem. How is this possible? Shouldn't they get error messages when rented equipment is not receiving the correct update or becomes outdated?

Valerie Gundersen American Fork, UT

I have used the online chat customer service option several times. Each time, the representatives have been very helpful at resolving my internet issues. It was a lot faster than having to call and talk to someone. I would recommend everyone use the chat feature if possible!

Tara Beckert Saratoga Springs, UT

I've loved our Comcast Xfinity Internet. Its fast and reliable. The price is more expensive but you get what you pay for. All of the technicians who have come to fix issues or set things up have been professional and easy to work with.

Connie Mayer South Jordan, UT

Comcast is very efficient. Whenever we call, they come really quick. They have competitive pricing too. We have our landlines and internet and TV from them, so we really like them.

Christopher Haueter Salt Lake City, UT

Comcast isn't the worst place to get internet but it sure isn't the best. Internet speeds are okay but at our house, you need to be pretty close to the router for it to be a good connection and then sometimes even then it can get bad, when more than 3 or 4 people are using the same internet. Costumer service is okay, they will fix stuff when they schedule it but getting a hold of the right branch of customer service is not an easy task.

Michael Lyman Salt Lake City, UT

A neutral review here. Comcast is very pricey, they don't provide the best internet, but lets be honest not many places in Utah can provide a good strong internet signal consistently. No telling how many times my signal went out and was out for hours at a time. Trying to get someone to come install or work on the internet is also a chore, with the customer service giving such wide windows of availability that is required to be there waiting. Trying to cancel has got to be one of the worst things with Comcast, they bounce you all around from agent to agent trying to come up with the best deal to keep you on. Offering free items or free T.V. turning a 1 minute call into a 15 minute endeavor just to cancel, and the second that they realize its a lost cause they push you off the phone as fast as they can.

Kari Staheli

I have had Comcast Xfinity internet for 12 years now. I like everything about it except the cost. I have looked into changing but have kept it because of the service I get. I would love it if was a little less expensive. I have had no problem with their customer service.

Quen Wilson Ogden, UT

I have only had Xfinity for a few months, but it has been very fast internet and easy for us to set up and use. Each time I have called for help, their customer service has been very helpful.

Molly Bergman Grand Rapids, MI

Very expensive, always increasing the price and hard to get through to customer service.

anupam sumessur Lorton, VA

Good internet speed but it is so hard to reach their customer service.

KG Lebanon, NJ

Reliable and works well but extremely expensive.

Wilgens Paul Jacksonville, FL

Xfinity education advantage program is one of a kind. I once lived in a household with no internet because we could not afford to pay for it but once I heard about their education advantage program, my parents signed up instantly. Where else will you find reliable internet for 9 dollars?

Constance Falatea Kirkland, WA

Xfinity is my internet provider and I can always depend on the reliability of the speed and capacity is awesome. I live in a house where phones, multiple laptop WiFi connections and gaming are prevalent and the speed is something I’m always impressed with.

Mike Ika West Valley City, UT

I have been with Xfinity for a few years now. I absolutely love the service I get with them. They have been good to negotiate my rates with me each year. Their internet service is super fast. I usually have 5 or 6 devices streaming at the same time and my internet does not struggle to keep up.

Sarah Marfo Tallahassee, FL

To any college student, This is the best network to use at your apartment. The set up is simple and the conection is very strong. In my apartment 5 people use the same router and we each have 2-3 devices connected to it and it still is fast.

Kathryn Robinson Riverton, UT

We have Comcast Xfinity Internet and it is definitely worth a little extra compared to other discount internet providers (which I have tried in the past). The customer service is great and we have never had a problem with service being down.

Ted Johnson Pleasant Grove, UT

Comcast Xfinity is my internet company that I use and I haven't been disappointed. They have very reliable service, that I can use throughout my home. I can use many devices at once and still everyone is happy and there is no delay. Love my service plan.

kristin Gneiting Pleasant Grove, UT

I have had Comcast Xfinity Internet service for many years. At first it was the only one available in my area, now it is the best in my area. Great speed, easy to stream online with many devices, anywhere in the house. They update things very often and the pricing is the best in the business.

Dave Ros Pleasant Grove, UT

Recently switched internet providers because the service was slow. In the short time I've had Comcast/Xfinity the speeds are so much faster. I use the internet at home a lot for work and it is a nice upgrade from what I had before. I would recommend the internet service.

Haley Baldwin

My family and I loved using Comcast Xfinity! The pricing was always affordable and the internet speed was always quick. Anytime we had a problem, they were always helpful on the phone to fix it or would send someone out to look at it. The only thing that we were so upset about, is when we moved, they didn’t cover the new area we moved to! We were so sad!

Christine Farmer Littleton, CO

We use Comcast Xfinity currently and for the most part it works great. We did have to buy an extender to get a better connection in our family room where the TV is or when we have company and more people are online. This could be due to the location of the router, but I'm not sure. The extender helped. We started out for two years with a low price per month and it did go up after that but it is still less than we were paying Centurylink before switching. There customer service was very good when we were getting it all set up.

Scott Orem, UT

We have Comcast Xfinity Internet bundled with out TV service and I am very happy with the results. The speeds are great and the cost is cheap. I don't have anything bad to say at all. Even the customer service and service technicians are awesome.

Reese Pleasant Grove, UT

I have Comcast Xfinity Internet right now and it has great coverage throughout my home and is very fast. I am able to stream shows, surf the internet and do everything I need from all over my house without any problem. Also we can have many members of the family accessing it at the same time.

Christy Suguturaga Orem, UT

I have loved our internet. We can stream whatever and we never have a problem. We were always calling customer service with our last provider. We have never been pressured or pushed to change our plan to a more expensive plan. I have appreciated that so much. We are so happy with our internet service.

Brandie Rudy West Jordan, UT

Comcast Xfinity Internet is far superior to other carriers we have had in the past. We don't need a booster in our 3 story house. It doesn't slow down no matter how many devices we are using and rarely is there an interruption in service and if so there are updates on when it will be back up and running.

Teresa Corry Orem, UT

We are current customers of Xfinity Internet. We rarely have any connection problems with our Xfinity Internet service. When we have had concerns with hardware or wiring, we have had service men here within a few days. When we have called for customer support, we have had good results. We have had this service for many years and use our internet at least 3 to 5 hours per day.

Katie Kearney Vienna, VA

We switched to Xfinity from Verizon and we are so glad we did! The tech that came out to help us set up our new box was so helpful and stayed until we understood everything. We have been very happy with the service and the internet is much faster now! We have outages here and there at the same time daily but I think that is because of work going on in our area.

Rischelle Mikkelson American Fork, UT

We chose Xfinity internet because they had the fastes speeds in our area. I work full time from home and all of my work is internet based. We also utilize streaming for TV and movies. I needed something that would accommodate several users at once and Xfinity almost always performs. In the evenings, there are times when buffering happens even though they claim they don’t “throttle”, they must do something that takes away some of our bandwidth.

Sofie Rosenvall Alpine, UT

We love Comcast Xfinity Internet! We have been a paying customer for a little over 15 years. Nobody comes close to their speed. We rarely have had any issues with the internet going down ,etc... and on the rare occasion that has happened we were helped immediately! We have nothing but good to say about Comcast Xfinity Internet!

PolyanaL Salt Lake City, UT

I have heard a lot of good stuff about comcast xfinity internet. I have used it at my siblings houses and other relatives with not problem. I never have network problem there. I wish it was available in my area so I can sign up but everytime I call up they say they dont have a line in my area.

Scott Fairfax, VA

Everyone loves to hate Comcast but I really don't have any complaints. While I do think they could improve their retention policies, I have cancelled and renewed a few times with little hassle. Prices are pretty good though I don't like the quasi-yearly contract they get you on to lock in better rates

Maria Granberry Capitol Heights, MD

Not the best too high. Problem with internet.

Baltimore Baltimore, MD

Slow speeds despite paying A LOT for high speed internet. Issues with router connection or data or whatever failure on behalf of Xfinity thus losing internet in the middle of work meetings. The tools they have to reconnect are a huge waste of time and don’t do anything to fix to issues. Had to spam text OUTAGE to 266278 and for some reason that worked to IMMEDIATELY get my internet connected.

Raven Brodsky New York, NY

Over priced and be very careful of the wording in the contract. Two years of less bandwidth (unless I was on at midnight or later) due to saturated area traffic was infuriating. Especially when I could ping test it and see I got what I paid for less than a third of the time I was using my internet. And I couldn't get someone else for service because I was locked in for two years or had to pay a extra fee. (I bit the bullet and paid that fee eventually.)