Comcast is a major force in the telecommunications industry because of its large service area and the sheer number of customers it has served. If you've ever researched internet packages, Comcast has likely come up.

The company's regular rates start at $49.95 per month. You can bundle TV, phone, and home security services with its internet.

View Xfinity Reviews

The Comcast Company has two major parts: Comcast Cable and NBC Universal. These two parts work together to bring all of the various types of media to homes across the United States.

Xfinity is a part of Comcast Cable and brings phone, TV service, home automation, and high-speed internet to customers. A variety of package options are available depending on the speeds and features accessible in your area.

Xfinity has a commitment to great service that is backed by a money-back guarantee.

#2 AT&T Internet chevron_right
3.2
#3 Cox Internet chevron_right
3.4

The Good

• High Speeds
  • High Availability
  • Security
  • Xfinity Bundle Advantages
  • Contract-Free Option

High Speeds

Xfinity Internet offers some of the highest speeds in the industry. Its internet plans are organized by speed.

• 15 Mbps ($29.99 per month)
  • 60 Mbps ($29.99–$66.95 per month)
  • 150 Mbps ($44.99 per month)
  • 250 Mbps ($59.99 per month)
  • 400 Mbps ($60–$74.99 per month)
  • 1,000 Mbps ($70 per month)
  • 2,000 Mbps ($299.95 per month)

Some plans may not be available in some areas. Pricing may also vary depending on your location and desired contract length, and these prices can change depending on your timing.

Equipment, installation, and activation fees also apply in some cases. More on that below.

High Availability

Since Xfinity is a large entity in the ISP industry, it covers a huge area across the United States: it's available in 39 states. With that large area coverage comes a lot of variation in upload speeds and download speeds available to you.

Xfinity doesn't have solid available speeds until it conducts a speed test for a specific address. This can be an obstacle if you're looking at internet options but aren't certain about your future zip code.

But, it's also a benefit because customers don't have to pay a fee for a certain speed package unavailable in their area. The price for an internet plan depends on the internet speed that's available; you won't overpay for Mbps that you're not receiving in your location.

When choosing a speed, you should consider whether multiple devices will access the internet. Xfinity provides general package information to give you an idea of what you might pay for certain areas.

Security

Along with quick internet speeds for reasonable prices, Xfinity also promises internet security.

Xfinity has partnered with Norton Antivirus to bring their customers online protection. These security measures are easily downloaded onto any computer or device once the you've chosen your package.

The cost for this software is included in the monthly Xfinity bill. There is no additional charge for this security service.

Free security is a big bonus which could keep you safe from theft and viruses.

Bundling Advantages

Like many other internet service providers, Xfinity offers additional services, like cable, in addition to its high-speed internet.

But if you think cable is antiquated, that's not your only bundling option with Xfinity. Xfinity has the option for customers to stream hundreds of channels and videos to view in their own homes through Xfinity TV service, the Xfinity Stream app, Xfinity Instant TV, or Xfinity Cable TV.

Xfinity packages offer the customer more than one of these services. If you choose to add on more services through Xfinity, they're typically bundled at a lower price. This is a huge benefit if you're hunting for several new services, but it's a downside if you're not.

If you strictly want internet service, you might be missing out on some promotions and better deals.

Contract-Free Option

If you don't plan on staying with Xfinity, or if you plan on moving shortly, you can choose an Xfinity plan with no contract. Customers who choose this option will pay a higher monthly rate, but this is a convenient choice for those who dislike being locked into a contract that may raise rates.

The Bad

• Data Limits
  • Fees
  • State Coverage

Data Limits

Xfinity does not offer unlimited data. It has implemented data limits. Some of these data caps are as high as 1 TB.

Xfinity also requires a one- to two-year contract on many of its packages. Some other internet service providers do not have data limits or require contracts, so if you're wary of committing to an ISP long-term, so this may offputting.

Fees

Xfinity's service has a few costs that customers consider hidden fees. While these aren't technically "hidden fees" because they are mentioned in Xfinity's contracts, users sometimes see them as abrupt and unfair:

• Installation fee. This can be negotiable, but technicians typically charge a $60.00 fee to install Xfinity. Customers can opt for a do-it-yourself kit for a cheaper cost.
  • Reactivation fee. If a customer temporarily turns off their service, Xfinity charges a small reactivation fee.
  • Equipment fee. If you choose to rent Xfinity gateway, the provider's 2-in-1 modem/router, you'll pay a monthly rental price. Customers looking to lower their bill should purchase their own compatible equipment upfront.
  • Xfinity TV fees. Xfinity charges several fees for add-on TV service, including premium channels and DVR.
  • Late payment fee. Xfinity will charge an add-on of $10.00 if a customer pays their bill late.
  • Early termination fee. Xfinity Internet offers customers a 1-year contract where their price is locked in for that year. However, if the customer needs to end the contract early, they are subject to an early termination fee.

More fees might apply depending on your plan. Check your specific Xfinity package, and be aware that many rates are negotiable.

State Coverage

While Xfinity is available in 39 states, some of its competitors are available in all 50. These variables can be a disadvantage and a reason that customers search for other internet service providers for their needs.

The Bottom Line

If you're looking at a few different internet service providers, it can be frustrating to figure out what type of package you can get in your area and how much you'll have to pay. Xfinity requires a contract, has data limits, and isn't available in all 50 states.

However, customers who choose Xfinity Internet will enjoy a host of benefits and features like Norton Antivirus software, access to hotspots across the country, and a money-back guarantee. We recommend checking out Xfinity's services to see if they are a good fit for you.

Be sure you understand the terms of your internet service agreement and whether there are additional fees, like an installation fee or surcharges for a modem and router.

3.3

R. Coon

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Similar to CenturyLink I only used their most basic service. I have used Comcast as internet only and with bundled voip phone. Sales people try to tell me I won't be happy with basic service and need something faster but basic service has always worked when there is not a wiring problem on their end. They do eventually fix things if I could prove it was their problem. They were great at hiking prices and adding fees and "rental" expenses until I was paying double what we originally agreed on. In the end it was cost rather than service that lost my business. I highly recommend buying your own modem to avoid excessive rental fees and using a seperate voip provider so you can keep your phone number and are not locked into using Comcast when they start jacking your monthly bill up.

Debbie Serjeant

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Very easy to use and very good customer service, I would definitely recommend this company.

Heike

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

On phone, mobile phone, and internet. I have always had reliable service and customer care!

Loretta Hucks

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

When they dropped comcast everything went to hell on my computer. In order to read a full message I receive - I have to click on Forward!!!ve

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They're the worst! They advertise things they can't deliver on. I just upgraded to 1k Mbps and it's slower than what I had before, but with a increase and I'm dropping from $30 zoom mtgs right in the middle of shelter in place work. If there was a guaranteed better service I'd drop these guys like a bad habit. They STINK!

John Lovell

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Customer Service is terrible, they have a monopoly in my neighborhood, prices keep going up with no notice.

Virginia Brookbank

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It was so bad I shut it off and am going without. After I shut it off, I no longer had internet but they kept billing me. I had to go to the store and loose my mind in front of everyone in the store

Gerald Johnson

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their billing system is a dis service to their customers...You never know how much you owe. When you cancel they try to make it tough for another media company to come in by always leaving some equipment hooped-up and the new company isn't allowed to dis connect.

Joe

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent service and connections. We have had the best service, even when we did not have a problem, they knew that we did.

Ron Autrand

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It is very good, the internet is fast and I have had very good luck with this service. It does not go down at all and I like it.

Dion Bennett

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had AT&T DSL and had lots of problems with pixelation on my TV and internet not working. With Comcast there are fewer events of not getting good signal and internet.

dennis

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Fast internet but expensive. User friendly. easy to reach customer representative. Technical service is excellent.

Mitch Gurney

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Excellent customer service and tech support and very reliable internet service

Jason

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good service, good programming, very reliable with a lot of optional viewing

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Poor, poor, poor customer service. Im not even a customer, but since 3/16/20, I've been after them to remove their downed line from my yard....I've called numerous times, had techs out here several occasions. Finally they came out 4/14/20 to remove the downed line. They take long lunches and by the end of the day, they say, "we'll be back tomorrow to get that ugly line out of your yard." Well, today is 4/15/2020, they showed up around 9:45 am. They have been to lunch since 11:30 a.m. and they haven't been back and it is now 2:32PM! Get the line out of my yard! Then to top that off, try getting through to a "real" person if you are NOT a comcast customer and even if I was, I couldn't get through to a real person to bitch again about the poor customer service...GET YOUR LINE OUT OF MY YARD!!!!

Gary Garner

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Marginally satisfactory. It takes 10-15 minutes in a phone maze to get to a live person who is usually in a foreign country, usually the Philippines. Once gotten ahold of, they are efficient and get the job done. I think that their service is overpriced. The TV box locks up 5-6 times a year. Internet is solid and reliable. After a recent boost in pricing, I purchased my own modem.

Manny pinto

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

bad and slow coneccion. slow and terrible customer service.

Tom Crooks

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have had good experience with this company including installation , customer service and updating .

John And Dominica

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

innovative ,easy of navigation using remote and the talk remote is great

Kels

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are a huge company with a lot of experience, but I am not a fan of their billing tactics. They start yellow and then jump your bill up super high. At least in my experience. Not a fan.

Paul

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Good service reliability with just a few occasional connection issues

Darren Cardwell

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Usually great customer service. Normally good enough speed. Fair price.

John Sutherland

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I've used several Internet companies through the years and found Comcast among the best. However, Comcast and the others appear to share some common disadvantages, the largets of which is that, in this age of high speed Internet, they seem to charge more than is reasonable unless competition is used as athreat to their business, and then their costs get better.

Michael ORourke

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Worst service provider ever! Internet speed is always slower than what you pay for and outages or a weekly occurrence!

Debra McMillian-Marshall

April 17th, 2020 DETAILS arrow_drop_down

slow internet and no access lots of times. having to call tech support you have to answer too many questions before you are routed to tech support

Concerned Consumer

April 10th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

If I had an option for Fios or DirectTV in my area I would drop Comcast in a heartbeat. Their connectivity is unreliable, they are over priced, and they nickel and dime you for evey little thing. Right now during this quarantine their true colors are showing. My internet connectivity has been spotty going in and out all day interfering with my work. Usually when this happens in s normal situation I get fed up and do something else, but now I realize for the money I am paying this is not right. My bill is more than my car payment and I am not getting the service I paid for. I am so fed up with their claims of great service. If they really wanted to offer a good deal you would ne locked in for the sales price for your entire 2 year contract like with Fios or DirectTV, your bill wouldn't triple after the first year. They just care about the money they can make ripping off their customers, whether or not they are getting good, dependable, and consistent service.

HALIE

April 8th, 2020 Portland, OR DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Terribly slow and unreliable internet and even worse customer service. I have the basic wifi service. I have been trying to work from home, using ONE device (a small laptop) in the ENTIRE house (nothing else drawing wifi) and I am kicked on and off of the internet all day - dropped from online conference calls, kicked out of my email, etc. Also, I know it's not my device because other devices, that work great elsewhere, will do the same thing. I performed the online device speed test, online troubleshoot (I'm not joking - at least TEN times in the last week alone), restarted my modem, and followed all of the other online tips for maximizing connection speed. Troubleshooting always says nothing is wrong. I have tried SO HARD to get a hold of ANYONE for weeks. On top of the connection issues, I have a specific advanced settings question I need answered AND there is some info in my account that is wrong so it won't let me use all of the self service options online, and it says I need to call and talk to someone to fix my log in stuff - so I try to call to talk to someone and LITERALLY CANNOT GET A HOLD OF A PERSON FOR THE LIFE OF ME. First, it makes me go through the same incredibly time consuming automated system that I have already been through a million times which NEVER HELPS AND DOESN'T HAVE THE OPTIONS FOR THE ISSUES I NEED HELP WITH and just makes me run troubleshooting AGAIN AND AGAIN. I ONCE, FINALLY, got on a call wait list and they never called back. I used the "Chat" function in the online account which was completely useless. If it's a real person, they won't answer my questions - I would ask very specific questions and they would avoid any remotely non-straightforward question, and just restart my modem WHICH I'VE ALREADY DONE A THOUSAND TIMES AND ISN'T FIXING MY PROBLEM, OR ANSWERING MY QUESTIONS. THEN the person on chat gives me the number of the same automated system i have been through A THOUSAND TIMES. I'VE GOING THROUGH CIRCLES FOR WEEKS TRYING TO GET THIS FIGURED OUT. WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO DO TO GET YOUR PROBLEMS ADDRESSED????? WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO TO SPEAK TO SOMEONE?????? I AM SO INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATED. Finally I'm just canceling the service and trying CenturyLink because my internet literally does not work and i literally cannot get anyone to try to help me.

SARATH JOSEPH

April 3rd, 2020 Hoffman, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

@Xfinity has become terrible. It started out good but looks like Comcast influence is taking over. Three routers but connection keeps dropping. 15 hours with customer service. They keeping bouncing my calls and sending me in circles. Just the marketing slogans "got you covered" is not sufficient.

April Jones

March 27th, 2020 Tremonton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

It’s good internet, but the premiums were always increasing A LOT and the customer service was terrible.

Ken Pontiff

March 26th, 2020 Carnegie, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Absolutely terrible. The installation guy bragged he was the best and disconnected my neighbors tv to start mine. First box did not stream anything to the tv well. Second box froze movies, started them over half way through and did not remember our shows. Customer service rep that I talked to for discontinuing service messed up the last bill and had to call back to correct it. Only good thing was a rep named Nerlen that helped me correct the last bill. Overall 0 stars.

SamO

March 26th, 2020 Albuquerque, NM DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity is alright. They provide internet, but it's not always the best service and I think that they charge to much.

Laura I

March 23rd, 2020 Huntersville, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I had nothing but issues with this service since day one. They give you the option to set up the equipment yourself without an installation fee. I was told that my address was eligible since there was service prior to me. I picked up the equipment and soon found out this was not true. I ended up having to wait another week for someone to come out and install it - and was still charged the fee. During the duration of my service the boxes would disconnect or the sound would go out. I had to relocate out of state unexpectedly due to a domestic violence incident and cancelled my services. I was NOT informed by the customer service representative that I would be charged a $210 early cancellation fee. I was not informed of this when I signed up for the service either. Once I recieved a bill in the mail I immediately contacted customer service and was told I could dispute the charge and I would be contacted with a result in 48 hours. Several months pass and I had heard nothing so I called today and was informed that the dispute was denied and I would still owe the $210. I informed the rep that I am a single mother who had to move out of state due to a violent relationship and I would like to speak to the supervisor. The supervisor refused to speak with me and I was told my only option would be to transfer my service to someone else. Comcast does not cover the area I relocated to so I could not transfer my services even if I wanted to. I am trying to pay my final bill with what little money I have for my 5 month old son and I and i'm being told nobody can help me with this termination fee. People are struggling to feed their children during the COVID-19 outbreak and this company is worried about penalizing me for having to move due to domestic violence.

Kogan Powell

March 19th, 2020 West Valley City, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity has always provided a good connection and I rarely have to "reset my router" etc. Very professional and reliable service.

Rathan Kumar

March 13th, 2020 Trabuco Canyon, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is the worst company I have every worked with. They straight up lie about data usage. The google wifi mesh system tracks data and is 300gbs less than what Comcast claims. Now they want to charge me for going over my limit and its so rude.

Karen Torino

March 11th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Comcast raised my prices without advising me that it was going to happen.. and honestly it wasn't worth it. The internet would come and go all the time, and if there was any sort of storm, I would not have internet. For the price, it wasn't worth it.

Austin Stelmach

March 11th, 2020 Boulder, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity has continued to charge us extra for things we never signed up for. We continually have to call and cancel packages that have been added to our monthly fee which is annoying and unprofessional. That being said, the internet still works great.

Rocio Diaz

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The internet component of my Xfinity package is great. Internet is never down, downloading speeds are fast and I never have a problem with it. Nice to use in public places too.

Mia

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

For the most part okay, never really had an issue until recently. Bought a day pass for internet, closed my laptop, then opened it back up and it exited me out after I already paid. I could not get back into my account.

Corey Smith

March 10th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Their internet service goes out from time to time at my home during crucial times. The wifi will randomly cut out in the middle of me doing an assignment.

Tanner Francis

March 10th, 2020 , DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are the literal worst. I'm forced to use them because they arranged a deal with my HOA. I am paying for 1 Gig but I am only getting 70 MB on a regular basis. When I try to call them it is darn close to impossible to speak with an actual person - they just insist on a "modem restart" over and over and over again using the automated voice. NEVER USE THEM - RUN AWAY.

Linda Hays

March 9th, 2020 Layton, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is a great company. Great customer service and internet service is consistent and fast.

Phabie

March 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Allows customers to purchase a variety of different packages, but billing can be deceiving. A lot of "charges" with minimal explanation.

Lizzy Puentes

March 9th, 2020 Tallahassee, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity internet is amazing! The internet always works, rain or shine. The internet is fast responding and easy to connect. Some internet boxes have a button you can press to connect your device so you don't always have to write in the long password that comes with the box. You also have the option to change the password to something of your preference. It also offers internet access anywhere there is an xfinity box, you just log in to your account when prompted.

Myken

March 9th, 2020 Cheyenne, WY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We currently have Comcast. Customer Service is great. I think it’s a little expensive and overpriced.

AJ & Maria Ferguson

March 9th, 2020 Riverton, UT

Poor company, poor customer service. We had agreed to have Xfinity be our internet provider. A new cable line had to be buried from the street to our home in order for that to take place. We had technicians come to our home to install the internet in our home 3 times and the outside line had still not been installed. Poor communication in their company. Two of the technicians suggested that they could just lay the cable over the lawn and driveway. Ridiculous. The third time we canceled and declined services. Two days later we got a message that our cable line had been buried. Ridiculous.

Brayden Ibert

March 9th, 2020 Houston, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Are use Comcast Xfinity for my Internet and it works great. I have amazing coverage, fast Internet, and my Wi-Fi runs very fast. Very easy to install.

Bryan Jensen

March 6th, 2020 South Jordan, UT DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I’ve never had an issue with them. They are really expensive for what you get. That’s my issue

Randi Nelson

March 6th, 2020 San José, SJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity Internet is a okay internet service. At times our wifi goes out and is a bit funky, but over all it gets the job done what we need.

Daisy Ramos

March 6th, 2020 , FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Xfinity is the top seller. Amazing service, but can sometimes get very expensive. Wish they had some cheaper options.

OwenE.

March 6th, 2020 Hattiesburg, MS DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The customer isn’t the greatest but I love the cheap price for the great internet they provide.