Best Company Guarantee Comcast Xfinity Internet Logo

Comcast Xfinity Internet

7.2

Theresa Gowl Kissimmee, FL

Was suppose to work tonight and here at the house totally bewildered at midnight. My internet with COMCAST XFINITY has been on the fritz for the 6 month's I have had it. So two days ago spoke with them and it appeared the box was faulty. So we schedule today at noon for the box to be replaced. The guy arrives at 12:30 and the horror begins, He keeps telling me the line is bad. It ends up he destroys all of my working internet and TV's. 8 Hours later another contractor comes out and fixes everything back to where it is suppose to be. I have had it with comcast!!!!!!! ALL DAY COMCAST REALLY??? I still have a wire in my front yard that they never bury.

Emerald Scott West Jordan, UT

The internet is the best for the price, but their customer service over the phones is the worst I've had to deal with in a long time. It takes hours to get anything done that way. If you want something it's best to just go to a store and talk to a person directly.

Nichole Davidson Sandy, UT

I've never had a good experience with Comcast Xfinity nor has anyone I know. Customer service doesn't know much or how to help, especially if you get some sort of deal through your HOA or through a 3rd party provider. The modem/router they provide is poor quality so when they say you're getting a certain speed it's only if you go out and buyer an expensive modem/router and even then you still won't get what you're paying for. They inflate that number as a possibility.

Vanessa Call Lehi, UT

Unfortunately, this was a bad experience overall. I have not used Comcast Xfinity for about 2.5 years because I feel the service was so horrible - both towards me as a customer and the actual internet. The internet service constantly went out, and I had to reset the whole system in order to get it to work again. That is fine if it's something that needs to be done monthly or periodically, but every few days is too much. Additionally, I set up my automatic bill pay multiple times, and each time received a confirmation that it was set up. I did not receive paper bills, but was set up electronically, and each month would see the bill come through, knowing that it would remove from my account on the due date. Yet every three months, I would receive a shut-off warning for lack of payment. I'd go back to check that indeed, I had never been charged each month, even though I had confirmation that the bill pay had been set up. Each time I called customer service to get it sorted out, they all treated me like I had not set up the bill pay correctly, so that is why it did not work. When I provided the email confirmation, proving that it indeed was set up correctly, there was always other excuses as to why it was my fault it didn't work - my card had expired (it didn't), my bank had declined payment (they did not), etc. As soon as possible, I cancelled the service and found a local provider that provides a better service, at a better rate, and is happy to help with any questions or concerns (which has only happened twice in the last 2.5 years vs every month). Sadly (yet not surprisingly) I have zero desire to ever work with Comcast again, for any services.

Derek Heiner Centerville, UT

I've been using Xfinity internet for a couple of months now and most of the time it runs really well, other times it will randomly go out for no reason. I feel like I'm spending too much for fast internet for it to go out for no reason.

Stevie American Fork, UT

My children tell me it's the worst service we have ever had. They can't get internet on their phones or x-box in the basement right under the modem. Yes, we tried an extender. Very frustrating since we switched from a reliable, good company to Xfinity because they claim to be the fastest. Unless you live in a 10x10 foot house, it does not perform. And they have to run ugly cables all through your house. Not worth it, stick with phone line internet!

James Herrholz Sarasota, FL

I have been with xfinity for over a year now and I haven't had any issues until a sales rep called my phone and convinced me to upgrade to a bundle package with the total price being $50 and change including taxes, fees and auto pay/eco pay. I made sure to continuously ask that that was the final price and she agreed that it was. I accepted the offer and awaited my first bill with my faster internet and packaged deal. It seemed like an awesome deal! But.. when I received the bill it was almost $20 dollars higher than previously quoted! I decided to call customer service only to be told that if I wanted to go back to my previous service of just the internet that I would actually be paying MORE than my current bundle!! Evidently there is nothing that they can do for me and they just lost my business. No wonder your average is 1.2 stars. You profit off of lies and deceit.

Pete Centerville, UT

I've been using Xfinity for about a year now and it has been good so far. There are times where the internet slows way down, but it usually only lasts for about a minute or so. Other than that things have been really great.

Lindsey Andersen Provo, UT

The customer service is awful - I have been messed over several times, and it is difficult to speak with someone who actually knows exactly what the problem is and how to fix it. I have been flat-out lied to by their reps saying I could return to my original plan when I had to up it for ONE MONTH. Then, I couldn't return to it and had to pay MORE. The coverage is sometimes spotty. The only thing I love about Xfinity Internet is the fact that there are hotspots for free all over. They are the only provider in my area, so I have to go with them, but they have some of the worst customer service I've ever experienced.

Matthew Purtle Olathe, KS

I was duped into a technicality in a contract with Xfinity. I moved home after military service fully intending to bring along and use my Xfinity service, which I liked. When I arrived I was told Xfinity could not service my location, that my service would be terminated and backdated to the date I moved out and I would have a credit on my account. I was thrilled at that moment how smoothly the transition went and sad I had to lose Xfinity. I was in a temp rental at the time which only provided AT&T so I figured when I moved maybe I could get it back. Then a couple weeks later Xfinity direct debited my account for over $600! I called to find out it was an early termination fee. After further discussion a representative named Princess told me I had signed a contract stating if I moved out of their service area I would have to pay and I should have moved to an area that they serviced! My jaw dropped. I called my bank which is awesome and they said it was not right. They returned my money and started an investigation. A month later I thought all was good then I started getting letters and calls from collections to collect $560. I called Xfinity again only to speak to a lady who this time said that it was an invalid charge as I did not cancel but they could not provide me service. She stated the issue would be cleared from my account and she would notify collections that it was an invalid charge. Two weeks later collections is calling me again. Xfinity coming after me for $560! I called again and was sent to “the highest level” for over an hour of discussing. Relentless, they would not give up until the money was squeezed out of me. Given their multiple mistakes in telling me my account was cleared and even being told at one time I was getting a credit they decreased what I had to pay down to under $200. I was still not happy with that but I begrudgingly paid to protect my credit. I am now in a home that Xfinity services. You tell me, would you come back to them after that?

Doyal Stewart Salt Lake City, UT

For a long time, and still is the case in a lot of places in Utah, the only internet options were Comcast and CenturyLink. Comcast was the better choice out of the two. Comcast offered higher internet that didn't cut out as often. They were a bit more expensive, but worth it. I no longer have Comcast however, and am happier with what I have now.

Kory Staheli

I have generally been pleased with Xfinity as our Internet provider. I am pleased with the speed but too often (more than once a day) I get the "no internet connection" message and have to take the time to reconnect. I'm almost always able to reconnect within a minute or two, but it's frustrating and time consuming.

Pat Chicago, IL

I am in Chicago, IL. I assume this is an important service area for COMCAST. Internet outages are frequent. Frankly, I might be able to live with this if it weren't for the outages (I have not had consist service 5 days during the last week - after 30 minutes on the phone with COMCAST Customer (Dis)Service, I was provided a whopping $13.56 credit! On top of this COMCAST Customer Service is shockingly disorganized. A phone call to confirm 'outage in my area' will usually mean being routed, without warning or consent, to 6-7 different agents none of whom are informed of what was told the previous agent (ie restart) and 6 agents = 6 different 'expert' opinions on what is wrong. DON"T AGREE TO ALLOW THEM IN YOUR HOME - THEY CHARGE and then CHARGE AGAIN AND THEY DO NOTHING!

Davy Jones Buford, GA

Here's a detailed list of pros and cons of the Comcast Company. Pros: - Widely Available - Fast Internet speed packages available - Cable Bundles with Internet deals - Xfinity hotspots (for when you're not at home) Cons: - Outsourced and scripted Customer Service - Unreliable connection some day (It can completely stop working, especially on rainy days) - Speeds can go down to under 15 Mbps for weeks at a time (even if you pay for 75+ Mbps) - Comcast has a monopoly in many areas, forcing many customers to get ripped off on prices - Comcast might send a technician to "check things out" but they wont fix anything outside your house, because they can only bill you if something is wrong on your end. (if its their equipment in the neighborhood, they don't care as it costs money) - When you call to speak to a technician, you get put on hold multiple times for over 20+ min each time. Comcast seems to have a very negative impression on many southern states, as they have a HUGE monopoly there and the prices for the unreliable service are ridiculous. I would not recommend buying a product/service from Comcast unless they were the only option (unfortunate) or if they were the best option in your area.

Diane Schertzer Sarasota, FL

Sarasota, Florida - Positively the most unacceptable customer service of any company. My phone calls for help are constantly bounced to the Philippines....I cannot understand the reps, they are way overly apologetic for everything, losing sight of the problem I called about. I ask to be transferred to the mainland, and I'm told tech experts are not available. After a long painful two hours of troubleshooting and attempting to communicate so we both understand, I'm told I need a new modem. They will mail it. 2 days with out service, and in the mail, comes the instruction book for the modem..no modem. I unplug the mess of wiring and pray that I will know how to connect the new modem that I decide to pick up at the Fruitville, Sarasota location. After driving 12 miles to get there, the office is now located at University, the very northern most boundary of Comcast service territory, with the only other one in the county being located to the south, 30 miles....who was the Comcastic genius who thought this through? The office is in a small plaza, with Millennials staffing it. I'm barely greeted by the greeter, Angel, who asks my first name. The young man is looking at the huge TV screen, not even at me, handing me a piece of paper with my name on it. I am the only customer waiting who is not with someone at the counter. He could at least make eye contact. I ask, "what is this for?"...He says I will be called shortly. I am called by a young lady, who also does not make eye contact and expects me to follow her. I tell her I am frustrated. She ignores my statement, and takes my modem, scans it and gives me a new one...that's it??? I am a savvy senior citizen, who looks younger, but has not grown up with technology. It doesn't come easy, however, I understand and know quite a bit. I begin to ask questions about connecting the modem. She is indifferent, with an attitude, quips out short answers, and at the printer tells me, adamantly, all printers are wireless....I know mine is not...it's old, like me, but still works. She is frustrated with me, tells me to call the number, go to the site, on my receipt for instructions. I tell her I don't think I can hook this up. She says, "Fine, I'll schedule an appointment for $50." Angel tells me on the way out to have a nice day...I tell him he's the worst receptionist I've ever met. I'm really a patient person, I'm not unkind, and I am ashamed that I reacted this way....I have been in customer service for decades, and would never think of treating someone like I was treated. I am also a former Comcast employee, and grateful to have resigned while still having my health and sanity. Comcast is a terrible company to work for, and if there was another provider of services, I would leave in a heartbeat.

Erik Lewis Atlanta, GA

They get 4 stars because they have drastically improved in terms of customer service and product speed/value. Installation was a snap however they do give static over having your own modem.

tommy melvin Henrico, VA

When I first moved to VA I was told they were the best and that was the truth! Super fast, very little hardware, no down time. Easy to get customer service on the phone

Mike D Hyattsville, MD

This service is good overall. There are occasional problems and customer service can be slow, but they do eventually solve the problems and provide credit for extended outages.

Mandy Pesce West Long Branch, NJ

Comcast has the highest speed internet service on our area. It is always reliable and ideal for all of our multiple device streaming needs. We highly recommend them!

NH Mom Londonderry, NH

We have mobile phone service and internet through Xfinity. We only have Xfinity to chose from for cable internet. Our other internet choices are phone or dish service. Xfinity is consistently unreliable. We have constant interruptions of services and minor outages. The speed varies from our to hour. Xfinity always blames it on our hardware or using wifi instead of hardwired internet. The customer service reps I have spoken with, for the most part, are very nice. However, there is not much they can do to help. It is clear that they are told to upsell to a more expensive plan for faster service because $50 a months, with a temporary discount due to mobile service, is not enough to pay for inferior service. We even got charged for a $60 service call to have the tech grumble about bad wiring by the previous owners of our house, only to watch him move a few wires around that really didn't seem to matter. We had high speed for a few hours after he left, and we answered a customer service phone survey, then the speed dropped again. I don't understand why other countries can provide lower cost and faster service to their customers, but the "technically advances" United States can't provide the same service at the same costs to each state. The whole we are larger than those countries doesn't wash. We have had this technology for years. The higher speeds exists, but only at a much, much higher cost. I will say this for Xfinity, at least they have improved their toothless customer service.

Myreviewname Friendswood, TX

Super frustrating because our service was so slow and we were capped on our usage! It’s 2022bn

Rudy Moreno Los Angeles, CA

I enjoyed the friendly atmosphere. Clerks were knowledgeable and patient.

Tammy Chittim Portland, OR

The variety of programs the wifi the customer service

Theresa C Denver, CO

Great service , not enough for the price tho.

Thais Copeland Satsuma, AL

I have their service for many years now, got no choice, because it's the best one that I can get. They have a lot of ups and downs with the service, sometimes there are problems that takes up to 6 or more months to get then resolved, but one must stay on top of them, because thy try to tell you there is nothing wrong, because they don't want to spend the money to fix the problems. Customer service is good, majority of the time. One thing I got to say is that some of the technicians don't know a thing of what they are doing and needs more training.

Holly Ware Pooler, GA

Comcast has excellent deals and great service for any area that I've lived in. They give great promotions and great deals on packages in my experience with them. Overall an excellent company.

Susan Hochstrasser Olympia, WA

While I think they charge way to much every month for internet, I can’t live without them! We have tried other internet providers and have to return to Xfinity because they are so much better and faster (speed to upload or download or web search) and more reliable than anyone else.

Rocio Diaz Tallahassee, FL

The internet component of my Xfinity package is great. Internet is never down, downloading speeds are fast and I never have a problem with it. Nice to use in public places too.

Steve Laird Midvale, UT

We are very happy with our Xfinity service. We have only had a few inconvenient outages. Overall our WiFi speed is great for a large family. We have several devices operating all the time. It is definitely fast enough to keep up with our teenagers usage.

Tiffany I Elkridge, MD

I use Xfinity internet now and it’s so fast. I don’t like that it’s such a hassle to sign up for new packages once your 1-2 yr contract is up. But customer service did work with me and I’m still with them

mccandless24 Kaysville, UT

We are limited in choices for internet but have had Xfinity for the past few years. It has been fine not as fast as I thought it would be even though we are paying for a quicker connection. The deals are great until they expire then the price jumps quite a bit. We have usually committed to another deal at that point, but if I had more options I would probably try to find something else.

Greg West Valley City, UT

We have had Xfinity for many years. They have continued to improve service and helped us out with a challenging problem a couple of years ago. They finally hooked us up with someone who didn't quit until he found the problem and fixed it.

Shauna Horne American Fork, UT

We recently switched over the Xfinity for both of our internet and TV. We like the speed of our internet and the Cloud DVR. We were disappointed that they raised our bill last month by $14 without a reason we could see on the bill so we will need to call and find out why. But other than that, we have been happy with the service.

take7 Sandy, UT

This is our internet provider currently and it provides everything we need. I wish it was cheaper. My husband works from home a lot and with that and myself and the kids using it it works. We can always self diagnose on the app or get updates of outages quickly. No lingering problems.

James Conder Eagle Mountain, UT

We were able to get the Comcast internet a few years ago while we were in the city in our town home. Amazing service but honestly over priced, we have since moved further away and unfortunately Comcast isn't even an option for internet out here and we have had just as good of service for 1/2 the price.

Michelle Schow Saratoga Springs, UT

Xfinity has some great promotional rates when you first sign up and their service is excellent...but they will raise the rates without really notifying you. You can usually get the rates to come back down after several phone calls, but you have to stay on top of it.

PessoaJ Herriman, UT

We currently have Comcast internet and have been pleased. When I have had to call, the service representative has been helpful and has solved my issues. I feel like I get a good deal for my money.

Haelyn Lahens Deerfield Beach, FL

I am always able to use my Xfinity app wherever I am for anything I need. The loading and recording of items never come as a difficulty and it is overall an amazing experience, not having to worry about delays and slowness.

Michelle W Coraopolis, PA

I never minded using Xfinity Internet, but when my husband and I tried to ask for a better rate, there was nothing they could do for us. Add services and pay more money for things we didn't need. Long story short we switched. If they worked with us, we would've continued with their services. Other than that, the internet was reliable and fast.

Juan Beaver, PA

I currently have Xfinity. I have good and bad feelings about them. Their service is decent. Sometimes my internet goes out. The overall price is good when you get on a promotion. Each year i have to cancel my account so i can get on a plan im not overpaying on.

Remington Austin Pleasant Grove, UT

This internet is a lifesaver! We have 6 gaming systems connected to our Xfinity wifi and they all run flawlessly! We never experience lag or ping over 35 even after playing for hours.

Martha Gourley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have had good speed and quality of internet service from Xfinity. We bundle it with our TV cable service. All have worked well. Only complaint is they keep increasing our rates even though we have a contract for a certain price.

Ad Pleasant Grove, UT

I recently switched to Xfinity internet. So far the quality and speed of internet service has been good. Setting up my account was easy and the installation of the modem was easy too.

Randy Scoville Pleasant Grove, UT

Our current internet is not good. We have contacted Comcast twice to have them offer us internet. However, we are at the end of a street and they don't have a line run close enough for us. We asked for a line to be run, but said it will cost $15000 to do so, and we'd have to pay for it. Too bad, because our whole street would be customers.

Paige Baldwin Wellsville, UT

We used Comcast for internet for years before we moved! We loved it and their customer service was great! The only downfall was they didn’t reach out to our new home so we had to change. We were so sad

Rosann Stanko Logan, UT

We were with Comcast for several years and enjoyed the service they gave and the help we received through their customer service department. The reason we switched was bc we were able to get a better deal and faster service though. Sorry.

Claudia Soto Park City, UT

Xfinity provides easy installation and fast internet. I have never had issues logging in and Xfinity provides a wide array of entertainment options. I will continue to use it forever!

Ashley Pleasant Grove, UT

We have been very happy with our home internet speed through Xfinity, even during peak hours when all my kids are doing their homework. When we are away from home there are plenty of hotspots nationwide to stay connected.

Londyn Berrett American Fork, UT

We currently have xfinity internet. It has been less than one year, but the service has been consistent, the installation tech was very knowledgeable and the billing has been as expected. We opted against a contract which is slightly more expensive but like the flexibility that affords.

Tim Berrett American Fork, UT

We switch to xfinity for internet less than one year ago. We opted for a a month-to-month plan which is a little more expensive, but we don't like being locked into anything. The internet has been consistent in the bandwidth provided with both upload and download speeds. We were dissatisfied with the burying of the installation which was months late and the final result is anything but elegant in how it comes into our home. For this I am removing 2 stars. Their customer service is not great either.