Sears Home Warranty Logo

Is This Your Business?

2.3

LAST UPDATED: September 22nd, 2022
report_problem

Attention: Sears declared bankruptcy in 2018.

Sears declared bankruptcy in 2018 and now operates as three companies: Sears Holdings, Sears, and TransformCo. If you have a Sears appliance warranty, TransformCo now manages it. However, the warranties are still marketed under the Sears brand.

Sears Home Warranty offers competitive coverage. Its plans are customizable with additional coverage options, which helps you find the coverage you need.

The company also offers one of the longest repair guarantees in the industry.

Despite these positive factors, customer dissatisfaction with the company is high. Consider other home warranty companies before making a final decision.

Read Sears Home Warranty Reviews

report_problem

Attention: Sears has roughly 96% 1-Star Reviews on Best Company.

Sears reviews reveal overwhelming dissatisfaction with the company's home warranty services. Most reviewers are highly unlikely to recommend the company to a friend or family member.

The Good

• Customizable Plans
  • Add On Coverage
  • Home Warranty Plan Benefits
  • 180-Day Service Guarantee
  • Easy Warranty Claim Process
  • Competitive Cancellation Policy

Customizable Plans

Sears Home Warranty's plans have no product age limit, include one heating and one cooling preventive maintenance check annually, and offer coverage for unknown pre-existing conditions.

Warranties come with a 30-day waiting period. However, during this period you'll benefit from 25 percent discounts on repairs for appliances, HVAC, and water heaters.

You'll find three home warranty plan options through Sears: Appliance Plan, System Plan, and Whole Home Plan.

Appliance Plan
The Appliance Plan protects 10 major home appliances:

• Refrigerator (with ice-maker)
  • Dishwasher
  • Washer
  • Dryer
  • Oven/cooktop/range
  • Range exhaust fan
  • Built-in trash compactor

You'll also benefit from 25 percent discounts on HVAC and water heater repairs.

This plan costs $49.99 per month. The service fee is $75.

System Plan

• Faucets and toilets
  • Garbage disposal
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door opener

You'll also benefit from 25 percent discounts on appliance repairs.

This plan costs $59.99 per month. The service fee is $100.

Whole Home Plan
The Whole Home Plan combines the Appliance and Systems plan into one. It costs $69.99 per month. The service fee is $100.

Add On Coverage

Each Sears Home Warranty Plan is customizable with the following coverage:

• Pool and or spa with heater
  • Septic tank with pumping
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Sears Home Warranty has separate contracts for each of its home warranty products. Using the Whole Home Plan as an example, contracts last one year and include a 30-day waiting period at the beginning.

Additional Plan Benefits

Each Sears Home Warranty plan includes the following:

• 24/7 customer service
  • 180-day workmanship guarantee
  • Product replacements
  • Pre-screened technicians
  • Comprehensive coverage
  • Heating and cooling maintenance checks

These benefits are standard in the home warranty industry, but Sears' 180-day workmanship guarantee, and heating and cooling maintenance checks, are unique and stand-out offerings.

180-Day Service Guarantee

Sears chooses the technicians it works with and offers a 180-day service guarantee. Home warranty providers often offer a workmanship guarantee but typically of only 30 days. Sears' guarantee is one of the longest that you'll see in the industry.

Easy Warranty Claim Process

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24/7. You'll receive a referral to a service technician within 2 hours during business hours or 24 hours for requests made outside of business hours.

Competitive Cancellation Policy

Sears Home Warranty has separate contracts for each of its home warranty products. We'll use the Whole Home Plan contract as our reference for contract information.

Sears' cancellation policy is fairly consistent with industry norms. You'll receive a full refund if you cancel within the first 30 days and haven't made a claim.

If you've made a claim or decided to cancel after the first 30 days, you may receive a prorated refund for the remaining contract time. You'll also be charged a $25 claims processing fee and the cost of any service performed under the agreement. In some cases, you may be charged by the company for the remaining balance.

The Bad

• Poor Sears Home Warranty Reviews
  • 2018 Bankruptcy Filing
  • Exclusions and Limitations

Poor Sears Home Warranty Reviews

Sears Home Warranty has received a sizable number of reviews, although some competitors have higher review counts on Best Company.

Unfortunately, 96 percent of these reviews are 1 star. Reviews mention poorer service post Sears' bankruptcy, long delays with parts and repairs, poor customer service, dissatisfaction with claims and coverage, and difficulty cancelling.

These concerns are troubling because a home warranty's value is in the repairs and claims.

Sears Home Warranty also has a 71 percent lower average star rating compared to the industry average (3.8 /5).

The company's net promoter score is also much lower than the industry average: a 0.2 compared to a 5.8. The net promoter score measures the likelihood a reviewer would recommend the company on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the most likely.

2018 Bankruptcy Filing

As noted in the introduction, Sears declared bankruptcy in 2018, which resulted in a new operation structure. Home warranties are still marketed under the Sears brand, but they are managed by TransformCo.

Bankruptcy isn't a good sign, particularly for home warranty shoppers. You'll want to find a home warranty provider that has a good track record of meeting its claims obligations and is financially stable.

Exclusions and Limitations

Using the Whole Home Plan contract as a reference, Sears Home Warranty's limitations and exclusions generally follow industry trends.

Home warranty contracts typically have limitations and exclusions. Sears' contracts are no exception.

You won't find coverage for permits, cranes, removal fees, disposal fees, modifications, abuse, misuse, neglect, poor maintenance, missing parts, power surges, fire, etc. Incidental and consequential damage is not covered.

Keep in mind that specific parts of equipment may not be covered, so review the contract to understand your coverage better. In some cases, you may be offered a cash settlement instead of a repair or replacement.

The warranty has an annual cap of $50,000 and a $10,000 cap for each claim.

You must receive prior authorization for coverage to be offered. If you get repairs done without working through Sears, you won't be covered even if the repair is normally covered.

The Bottom Line

Although Sears Home Warranty has many competitive features, the level of dissatisfaction among reviewers is quite high. You may want to consider another home warranty company.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.2

Bryan Rowland Asheville, NC

Warranty in past has been good. Lately they are hard to get through to and this is the third time they have called and rescheduled the day they were suppose to come. When service rep. shows up they are the most unprofessional people I have ever seen. Warranty department is like their stores going down quickly. If you buy a warrant from sears be ready to be troubled by scheduling a service call.

Melinda Van Stone Albuquerque, NM

I called to schedule a repair of my washing machine and I got a worker that did appear to schedule it as I was on hold and then I got a text confirmation but then the call dropped. I then called back to make sure it was a completed request and I got a different worker who couldn't seem to handle the payment at all. So then she asked me if I wanted the membership number and then the phone went silent as if she had it on mute and didn't come back. Terrible customer service.

Kathryn Lund Austin, TX

If there was a negative rating below 0 that is what I would give them. They have been out 9 times to fix my ice maker and it has been 9 months and it still doesn't work. You cannot talk to a manager by phone. You always get put to China to a call center that does not help at all. DO NOT GET THIS . Waste of Money!!!

Scott Kirkpatrick (Roman8r) Eugene, OR

Would give zero stars if I could. Horrible, Horrible, horrible company. Worst service ever. Took forever to find out what was covered. Took forever to get service. Company never got our names spelled correctly. Customer service is the worst on the planet. When we thought we canceled the warranty they continued to charge us for 2 more months. Now we are fighting them to refund the charges. Buyer beware! It is not worth it. What a scam.

joan ellis Olmsted Falls, OH

I had a broken kitchen aid dishwasher. After 7 months of sending repair tech, deemed non repairable. They offered me a 600 Kenmore as a like replacement . No even close as 1200 kitchen aid. After 2 more months they raised it 850.00 installed. A month later they said we will send you 179.00 as we can't find a local tech. It cost me 290.00 to have it installed. Customer service just passes the issue around. It was a nightmare.

James Ard Clive, IA

I contacted Sears Home Warranty on 8/14/22 to come diagnose a Kenmore washing machine. The CSR attempted to convince me to enter a warranty contract. After getting the details of the service call and of the warranty contract, I informed the CSR that I would make a decision no later than at the time of the service tech's visit. The CSR gathered my cc information (Sears MC - Citibank) and assured me 3 times that the total cost to me would be $109 if I did not move forward with the repairs through SHW. Once the service tech (who was very polite) completed the diagnosis, I opted to decline the repair as the price was too high (and it was a component that I knew I could repair myself). I signed the declination which itemized the charges of the repair. One of the charges on the declination form was a fuel surcharge of $6.95. The charge that appeared on my CC was $115.95.......the fuel surcharge was added. I emailed [email protected] (as required when disputing a charge as there is no phone contact) and explained the situation in as much detail as this review. Nicole emailed me back and declined the refund of the fuel surcharge stating that it was clearly marked on the declination that I signed. She did not reply to any further emails. I had to dispute the charge through the CC company (citibank) in order to get my refund back. I will NEVER use Sears Home Warranty again and have shared my experience with I know who needs home warranty services!

Eric Huffman Angleton, TX

Sears uses Cinch for alot of their home warranty jobs. I received the worst service at any point of my life from Cinch Home warranty service, on numerous occasions. I understand if it was a one time deal, but it was every time I used their home warranty service. First the central air conditioning blower went out during the covid pandemic, and it took a month and a half to receive a York brand blower from New York during business closures (understandable). I had confirmed appointment(s) twice to have it installed, and took unpaid days off from work to be at the house for installation. Twice they failed to show up, or even call to let me know the part did not arrive yet. Upon it's arrival, they did finally come and install it, but the A/C still did not work correctly. They charged me the upfront $100 service fee to send a service person back out to find out they had installed the fan blower backwards in the unit. I called customer service 3 times to speak with them about a refund of the $100 fee. Each time they said they would submit it and I would receive it within ten business days. I never received it. My A/C experienced problems again a year later but just needed a refrigerant recharge. Again I got a confirmed appointment, and again the never showed up. When I called customer service, they stated they never assigned that call to be serviced, and offered to put me at the end of the line to get service, a week later. After complaining, they put me on a "priority list" and said I would be contacted by a service rep within 24 hrs. I never received a call back. I again contacted customer service and they gave me a confirmed appointment again - one week later. When they again did not show up, or contact me, I had enough. BUYER BEWARE!!

Gary Leimbach Westerville, OH

They totally dropped the ball on my repair. I have been without a frig for over a month now. They did not follow up on a part order that caused a further delay. Three times their supervisors did not call me back when I was told they would. Dealing with their operators has been very frustrating as I was on calls for over 2 hours last week and 90 minutes this week trying to get a resolution. Too much hand holding on my part. When all my parts finally arrived they then scheduled me out an additional 16 days for the repair to occur!

JERRY SEMBACH Bakersfield, CA

I've had Sears home warranty for over 2 years. During that time service has been horrible. It takes a minimum of two weeks to get anything fixed. I'm told they either don't have a technician in my area or he isn't available for several days. When I called customer service (several times) I was put on hold 45 minutes before getting frustrated and hanging up. This last time I was told that since they don't have a technician in the area, I have to wait 48 hours for them to find one. That was on a Thursday. My wife called back on Tuesday and was told she had to wait ANOTHER 48 hours for them to find a technician. No one called back and no one was scheduled. My wife called the contractor that had supposedly been scheduled to handle the repair. She was told no one from Sears had called back to confirm they were going to pay for it, so nothing was scheduled. By the time that was straightened out, it had taken 2 weeks to get a leaky toilet fixed! My wife then called to cancel the contract and was left on hold 45 min (again) before she chose the option to add something to the contract. The agent came on the phone right away, expecting to make a sale, and my wife canceled the contract. This program is FAR from a credit to the Sears name. Add to that this is the MOST EXPENSIVE home warranty I have ever purchased. Lesson learned. DON'T TAKE YOUR CHANCES W/ SEARS! There is nothing good to say about their service!

Cecilia Agostini Visalia, CA

Too bad there is not an option for ZERO stars!!!!! This is by far the worse customer service and home warranty EVER! Not only did Sears not repair my heater but Sears was a NO SHOW when it came to appointments 3 times. I opted to cancel my membership. I was not told I would be charged a cancellation fee. Four months later I get a notice that I had an outstanding balance of $ 310.32 through Accounts Receivable. When I called customer service I was transferred at least 9 times to try and get my issue resolved. My only question was if this cancellation fee was going to go to collections. NO ONE COULD ANSWER THAT QUESTION.

Huu M Seattle, WA

I will give 0 star to this company. It has the worst services. You can’t trust what the representative told you from the phone calls. You will speak to different person from each phone call which you have to wait for more than an hour and receive with no results. The repair technician wasn’t showing up on the schedule date with no explanation. When you call the Sears Service department, they just said you have to make another appointment, but if you call the Warranty department, they told you that you have to make the repair appointment through its department if you want the warranty to cover the repair cost. But if you speak to a different person from this same department, you will got told that you can request the repair appointment from that Sears Service department. All of the confusion conversations that I got to repair my refrigerator is still not results yet. So frustrating and not happy at all. Will cancel the contract once the unit is fixed.

Betsy Johnson Spring Hill, FL

RUN!! RUN AWAY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!! Just don't do it. I scheduled a repair for my lawn tractor on 8/3, sat around from the 8 AM - 5 PM. Called and was confirmed on numerous occasions my appointment was set but no-one could give me a technician status. NO SHOW. Called back the next day and rescheduled for the following Tuesday. 8/9. Might as well, they don't give you any other options. Guess what....same song and dance. Another day wasted. This outline doesn't even share the hours on the phone and promised phone calls (5) from their dispatch center which never happened. Amazingly I called the cancellation team and they rescheduled for this Friday. 8/12. We shall see if they show. My time and two year agreement fee would've been better spent taking my mower to the local repair center. Note, I've been a Sears Warranty customer for over 12 years. Ever since Sears filed bankruptcy and Transformco took over their warranty business, they have sunk to a new low.

BBRob Tampa, FL

On 7/9/22 my Kenmore water softener sprung leak inside the unit, destroying the control board and more inside the unit. The worst part was not the repair date given me of 8/11/22. The worst part was getting placing a repair report. The automated system, and the on-line repair system would not accept my phone number nor my agreement number. I was told they show no warranty under that number nor a custmer with my phone number. I paid annually to extend my warranty each year since 2002.. After about 2 hours trying using 6 different numbers from researching my warranty file, I finally found a sequence of choices to get to a person. The person showed my phone number and warranty information. There is a serious disconnect in their communications. The unit bypass did not work and simply cracked when trying to close. I had to shut off the water supply which shut off the water to the entire house. I could not leave the water shut off for over 3 weeks. I had to call a plumber to install a bypass which cost me $200. The repair person came on the date promised and ordered a long list of parts needed to get it working - $601.00. I suggested he replace the 20 year old unit. It would cost less. He said he knew that but the company would not approve it. He gave me a date to return on 8/30/22 to fix it - exactly 3 weeks later. I called about getting reimbursed for the $200 plumber charge. I was given the contract maximum of $50 plus a possible additional $50 waiting approval at this time. The people I managed to talk to, especially the administration department dealing with refunds (Gil), were pleasant and sincerely ernest about trying to do what they could to assist with the limitations they had. I'm mad more at myself for spending about $250/year on an appliance I could replace for $600 to $1000. I'm not angry about the reimbursement amount of $50 or $100 on the plumbing bill. I'm not angry about the lengthy repair time. I'm livid about the difficulty of reaching someone to help me and being cut off by the voice response unit when they didn't have my phone number and warrnty number.

Nir Benabu

If I could give 0 stars I would BEWARE A TOTAL SCAM Unprofessional no Communication YOU CANT TALK TO ANYONE WITHOUT BEING PUT ON HOLD FOR AT LEAST 30 TO 45 MIN EACH TIME THERE IS NO ONE TO TALK TO THEY TOOK A 45 DAYS FROM THE START OF MY CLAIM TO TELL ME BY EMAIL THAT I AM NOT COVERED A TECHNICIAN CAME OUT LOOKED AT MY FRIDGE AND SAID ITS NOT FIXABLE AND THAT SEARS HOME WARRANTY WILL CONTACT ME FOR A REPLACEMENT OR REIMBURSEMENT SO I CAN BUY A NEW ONE THE EMAIL I GOT SID THIS WE REGRET TO TELL THAT WE MUST RESPECTFULLY DECLINE YOUR CLAIM. THIS AGREEMENT DOSE NOT COVER ITEMS COVERED BY MANUFACTURE WARRANTY BASICALLY THEY DECIDED THAT I STILL HAVE A MANUFACTURE WARRANTY ON MY 6 YEARS OLD REFRIGERATOR IF THEY ONLY TOOK ONE MINUTE TO READ MY SERIAL # IT CLEARLY SAYS MINE WAS BUILT IN 2016 AND WE ARE NOW IN 2022 SAVE YOUR 69.99 A MONTH THEY WILL GLADLY TAKE YOUR MONEY BUT WHEN YOU NEED THEM YOULL BE GETTING THE RUN AROUND YOU WILL REMEMBER MY REVIEW WHEN AFTER YOUR FIRST CLAIM DONT LET THEM STILL YOUR MONEY JUST SO YOU KNOW THEY GO BY A CUPPLE DIFFERENT NAMES LIKE SEARS HOME WARRANTY CINCH HOME WARRANTY AMERICAN HOME WARRANTY THEY ARE ALL OUT OF BOCA RATON FLORIDA BE CAREFULLY

Arthur Espitia San Antonio, TX

I can't rate lower than one. I am very disappointed and do not recommend this service. Have subscribed to home services since December 2019. My payment was collected religiously every month. I have been unsuccessful (past 8 months) in obaining a replacement for my double wall oven since January 2022. Customer service was no help and difficult to understand. I have noticed that several companies operate this service and don't know who is the primary to expedite delivery. Cinch Home Services is another company that recently contacted me with a new delvery date of October 2022. Not acceptable. I have paid for the price of a new oven to date.

AmarantheBlooms VA

I am a long time (16+ years) customer of the Sears Master Protection Agreement. While I've had good customer support historically, recently the red tape and circus act, has infuriated me to the point of cancelling my agreement and moving to a more responsive and respectable company. I understand product and part delays due to COVID and I'll flex with the best of us, but I am now officially in a 4-month endless cycle of pass-offs and delays regarding a washer that was deemed unrepairable, and approved for product replacement. I settled on an IN-STOCK washer and set a delivery date (rather lengthy 3 weeks) with the Product Replacement Department. Two days prior to delivery, I receive a call informing me that my washer is not available and they must reschedule. Again, 3 week delivery window. Tonight I receive a call informing me I need to reschedule my delivery set for tomorrow for another week. After making it through several departments (1 hour) I speak to a case worker who informs me I must either wait or cancel and pick another product, they will not provide a cash payout and put me out of my misery. Understand I purchased the matching dryer out of pocket at another store, which arrived in 5 days! His response was that he did not tell me to buy the dryer prior to their delivery. Seriously, excellent customer service! Tonight I learn about hard and soft delivery dates. Apparently a soft date is when the product is NOT in stock, but they are selling it to you regardless. A hard date means it is in the warehouse. Way to bait and switch Sears. Take a look at the reviews for the GE Sapphire washer/dryer and you will see MANY reviews with the same delivery issue. This is how you lose confidence and go out of business. So here I sit, hostage to an unhelpful, imperfect process, WITHOUT a washer 4 months later. UNACCEPTABLE! Honor your contracts, and your word and provide my replacement as promised or provide my agreed replacement as cash value. Next, Shareholder Meeting.

Vanessa Adams Tacoma, WA

If there were an option for less than one star, Sears Home Warranty would receive that. I have owned an over $2000 refrigerator for a very short period of time. After around 6 months the ice maker broke. I called and was able to set up an appointment with a technician. He came and "fixed" the ice maker. It worked for two weeks and then stopped working again... not a big deal, I just decided to buy ice. Then a few months later my fridge broke. I schedule another repair appointment. Same guy as he is apparently the only person in my area. He did not arrive on time. This man came 2 hours after his 4 hour window. I was no longer home and my son did let him in to look at the fridge. He was in my home for under 5 minutes and left. Did not speak to my son or call regarding follow up. I called and was told parts were being ordered. Parts were received to my home and crickets. Nothing. Not a peep. My fridge has been broken for 6 WEEKS. No fridge. Nothing. I called and called and called. I have now spent 8 hours and 12 minutes on the phone attempting to get answers and support and a fixed fridge. After 6 weeks I was just asked by the latest person I called if I received my parts... Yes, like I said a month ago on one of my calls. This is absolute chaos and incompetence at its worst. I am shocked that they are still able to continue pretending to offer warranties. I asked for a copy of my details and in spite of all the calls I was not offered half the things in the warranty such as food loss, rental of a replacement, etc. The warranty states if they cannot fix they can replace however my guess is they never in their lives provide replacements they just continue sending technicians that are unable to repair the appliance long enough for the warranty to expire. So now after 6 weeks I have another appointment with the same man to fix my fridge. Do I trust his ability to fix it by putting $$$$ worth of food into the fridge in hopes that he can repair it this time? Do I throw this lemon of a fridge in the front yard and buy a better one from a more reputable store that honors warranties or replaces broken items? Do not ever buy anything from sears. Just not worth this.

Tim Owens Harker Heights, TX

I have been a Sears home warranty customer for over 2 years. I had never used them and they have been paid on time every month. I am not on a contract paying month to month with them, plus I am a Sears account holder. We, returned home from a vacation and found out that a few items were not working properly. We notified Sears, and we found out that we were on a Plus Plan. That covers all appliances. They took our money for service calls, and booked an appointment. Tech came out to service my washer. He just looked at it and said he has to go back and order parts. It took one week to hear anything in return and when I did, a company named Cinch notifies me that parts were ordered, a couple of days later, parts can't be ordered and they were not paying for a replacement either. I notified both Sears and Cinch and wanted an explanation and to be honest, I was placed on hold for over one hour. I called back after being on hold and was placed on hold for another 20 minutes. On three attempts to try and resolve my problem asking to speak with a supervisor, was asked for my name and number expected a return call and up til this day, no return call. Cinch, is a joke, and they are just as bad as Sears. They send out explanations concerning the determination on repairs, and Sears is unaware of the outcome. Cinch also sent a plumber to my home for a repair, and I was outside under my tree relaxing. The tech thatcame out, I had a bottle of Crown Royal Peach 🍑 , and I offered him a drink and to my surprise guess what he was drinking with me on the job. Sub contract that Sears send out for repairs, no uniforms, , Mom and Pop Employees. Repairs time frame are not met. I was given a 12-5 and the tech shows up at 4:55 to do my repairs5. I am sorry, I would not refer anyone to Sears warranty. I also had one of their competitors Home Shield, and they were the same. I am not sure if there is a Home Warranty out there that can prove to (us) the people, that they will do what they will supposed to do. Sears is a nightmare everyone. I am a living witness. This is a good review for both Sears & Cinch to look at. Customer Service both agencies need to look at. Goodbye 👋 Sears & Cinch

Christina Sutu-Wallar Santa Clara, CA

I reached out to get some information on what exactly they covered and do my appliances HAVE to be from Sears for coverage? I like that they offer 24/7 service, a 6mo guarantee on work done, and if they can’t fix something then they will replace it.

Alexandria Lekberg Chesterfield, VA

I had them for my kitchen items. They have many affordable plans to choose from. They came out and fixed my washer and dryer and we’re courteous. It did take 3 weeks to get an appointment but it was a busy time. I would recommend Sears! They always come back out if the problem came back at no charge.

Donna h Brunswick, OH

I had excellent service with my sears appliance Warranty , when the item couldn't be fixed it was replaced . Sears always sent out a repair person to fix my appliances to satisfaction. I hope they continue to sell appliances & warranty , they continue to satisfy customers . Including my self. I have had several recent experiences . Thank you Sears ! Donna G

Jennifer Weaver Ridgeland, MS

This warranty is a waste of money! Paid the $75 a month ago to have someone out for our dishwasher and they still haven't showed up. No excuse for this kind of wait! Their first appointment was 3 weeks out, they never showed, rescheduled, and then never showed again. No one ever called me!!

Sears Stinks! Oswego, IL

Awful is not a strong enough word. It takes at least 3 weeks even to get service. In addition, each time I have filed a claim, they have charged me the $100 service 'fee' TWICE. It takes an act of congress to get your $100 back. They sure took it quickly but the same cannot be said to refund you. Do yourself a favor, do not join or get this 'service'. Just, awful.

Kathy Nugent Secaucus, NJ

Worst SCAM going.. You Pay a monthly Service fee of $50 and then a $75 service fee on top of that should you need to request a repair only be turned down for the repair of a simple Dishwasher Rack.. First off what kind of product falls apart in 6 years and a Dishwasher Rack is not covered?? Then to add insult to injury they wanted to charge me $95 for canceling the the entire Warranty Package.. these people have more Nerve than a Bad Tooth and consumers need to be warned.. We will NEVER BUY A SEARS PRODUCT AGAIN.

Jose Escolero Long Beach, CA

Worst scam ever. Repair man came to see about my stove range and approved repairs and ordered parts for it. He returned with parts and for some reason he could not install them. He said he would return and never did. I call them and they send another person, he showed up and took some pictures and left. I was told the claim was denied base on the pictures. He wasn’t there to repair my appliance or to even try to figure what was wrong, he was there collect evidence to denied to claim. When I called to cancel the service, they said I couldn’t do that until I paid over $200 for the services rendered.

Cheryl Degrugillier Minneapolis, MN

911 RUN! I have had the Sears home warranty for several years without needing to file a claim. My washing machine died. I called and automated directions were to set up an appointment online with a mandatory $119.00 fee. The appliance expert to come to my home to assess and to tell my the washing machine was not repairable. Really? $119.00 for THAT? I already knew the answer but had to go through the hoops. I then attempted multiple times to call the Sears Home Warranty number to discuss my claim for reimbursement after purchase of a new washer. I was continually redirected by an automated voice to a web site. Somehow, after multiple attempts and answering differently to the automated voice each time, I finally got ahold of a person, a live person, who attempted to assist me but then forwarded my call to customer services. No one answered for over 26 minutes. Angry and disgusted, I hung up. I tried again on a Monday. Same exact run around! Then when I called back yet again, I finally somehow got a live person ,who was just trying to do their job and he talked with me in effort to convince me to keep the warranty. However he was not able to answer my questions or offer clear solutions to obtain assist to file a claim for reimbursement, nor could he get a claim started for me. I am beyond disgusted and to the point that I just closed my account without attempting any further to obtain reimbursement. If I sound angry, it is because I am. I feel foolish for continuing my trust in this warranty, especially with the folding of the stores. Shame on me!

Yvette Downing Waldorf, MD

Sears give appointments for repairs far out and the do not honor repair appointments they grant to customers. My A/C went out around 7/15/2022. I contacted sears about it, and they scheduled repairs for 7/25/2022. On 7/25/2022, I stayed at my residence waiting for the technician to complete the repairs to my A/ c only to receive a text message saying they are not able to send a tech out until 8/8/2022 due to shortage of techs. I have family members, including myself in need of Air. This is very upsetting. I am canceling my service as a result of this!!! Sears collect their payments faithfully but does not readily fix repairs for their customers!!! They are ripping customers off!! Please think twice about this home warranty service!!

Prakash Thomas Frisco, TX

Sears Home warranty is so terrible. I have been a customer for 5 years and pay a monthly service fee for the warranty program. Its so hard to connect with a person. Phone wait times are almost 45 mins. Scheduling an appointment is on the average 2 weeks out. This is horrible when you need immediate attend when the Refrigerator or AC unit goes out in the summer. They schedule the technician for diagnostic or repair visit but they never show up in the given time window. Usually they are either late or don't even show up! I have to call back and get request status and get the standard message we are working on it. This is one of the worst companies in terms of customer service.

Mark

This company is horrible. No one can give you a straight answer. Any appliance company I call can give me a price to perform a linear LG compressor replacement on a Kennmore elite but since the part is under warranty they tell me to call sears. All Sears does is give me some run around BS about only a technician can determine the price and warranty status and the cost to send a tech out is $170. But wait, then they try to upsell you into a $600 a year contract. This company is the worst and I refuse to be kept in the dark which seems to be standard operating proceedure with sears home warranty. Could be $500, could be $1000, could be$1500, nobody knows. So the fridge goes to the landfill and Im off to purchase a new one. FSHW

Bobby Norman Athens, AL

I purchased this plan and had problems with my dishwasher. The repair men came out on 2 separate occasions . I scheduled them to come back today and they cancelled out until next week. They have many numbers when you call back alot of them says they are out of order. Every time you call they want to transfer you to another Dept. There again, LONG WAIT time. EXTREMELY difficult to have a conversation because of language barrier. Today, just when I thought I had everything set I got a Text message said incomplete repair order. Called back and rep said yes it is but they will be there next week even though it is marked incomplete? Begining to believe this is turning scam like. BEWARE. I will appeal this further !!

Mary Margaret Elmayan Lady Lake, FL

This is NOT a warranty plan. It is more like a scam: no one answers the phone, or if after 1-2 hours, someone answers, it is an overseas phone bank. I cannot tract my status on line although I enter accurate information. I have been without a working refrigerator in central Florida for over a month. Last repair person said parts newly installed would not fix the frig with a broken lining and rust and unable to hold gas.I was told it is "out to research" and someone will contact me." They never, EVER do contact the policy owner. My only recourse seems to be to file with the BBB and take a small claims case to court. PITIFUL. I understand companies are short-staffed, but it is HOT in central Florida, and I have lost countless hundreds of dollars in food costs and in purchasing dry ice for a cooler. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE! They do NOT live up to the terms of THEIR contract.

Crystal Baltimore, MD

This is the worst company I have ever dealt with other than American Home Shield, I had to pay to get out of my contract I would not recommend them to anyone! I had a plumbing issue at my house they sent a company called Allied Plumbing And Constrution Company and nothing was done and he stated I needed to contact my utilities department which is what I paid Sears warranty for, the customer service representative I spoke to was Jan’ea and read verbatim that the job was covered under warranty and it wasn’t my job to call my utilities department all that was the plumber job, afterwards she begged me to stay and refunded me my $100.00 deductible back in order to continue with the company… afterwards to cover her back she then sent out an email stating that the warranty didn’t cover the issue, how much more lies they’re on!!! MY RATING IS A ZERO 0… my mother been waiting for them to fix her dryer since March, today(07-12-22) they just contacted her about the dryer wow!

Oscar Mendoza Fontana, CA

HORRIBLE SERVICE!!! Careful if you have them come to your home to fix something. We had them service our fridge and were told several different things from 3-4 different techs. The last tech said everything the previous techs did wasn't correct. It was a different issue but couldn't get fixed because it's something that isn't made for this older model anymore. If the device is not fixable Sears says they will REPLACE IT. Totally wrong atleast with us. We called back to ask what will be the next step. We were told that nothing could be done since it's a structural issue. So they are trying not to spend more money because we said to cancel our service since nothing is being fixed. Now they want to charge us an extra $250. Each time a new ticket claim is opened for a service rep to come to your home around $70 is charged. Every time a tech came for service it was for the same issue so this couldnt apply, but they couldn't say what exactly the charge was for. We weren't told of any charges previous to these either. They either want to make money for the service/time of the techs that showed up or the parts that were used. Nothing was fixed and the service was horrible. The last tech was the only one that said is was not repairable. It took over an hour for us to get someone on the phone. Be patient if you are disputing something since it can take a while to be able to talk to someone. If I could I'd give them 0.

DMA DMA7217 Washington, DC

I would rate Sears Home Warranty and it's company "0" stars if I could. I spent two day and numerous hours on the phone trying to confirm an appointment for service. I spoke to several supervisors who assured me a technician would show up at the scheduled time. NO ONE SHOWED UP. I received text saying "Knock Knock, we showed up and no one answered". This was a blatant lie, in one case I was sitting on the front porch when the text came through. Having used Sears for many years and many services, it no longer performs up to it's reputation. I will never do business with Sears in any aspect.

Carmen Amoros Gold Media [CAG Media LLC] Atlanta, GA

It took one year for Sears Home Warranty third party contractors to figure out why my new GE refrigerator was not producing water or ice. Each time they would open the ice compartment and couldn't find the problem. Suddenly a new tech came in and said there was a kink in the water hose that was quite obvious. He uncoiled it and after a year I finally had ice and water. That was the only guy qualified to go out and do repairs. I changed to Select Home Warranty 2 months ago. They even cover the garage door's entire parts and HVAC, Heater and along with all kitchen appliances, plumbing, electric and roof leaks that occur in living spaces in the house. My garage door cable jammed a day ago. I couldn't sleep with my garage door open for security reasons. I neighbor recommended an overhead garage door repair. They repaired and Home Select is going to reimburse me, with proof of diagnosis and the bill, no questions asked. Getting Sears to provide good customer support was exasperating. They need to up their game.

Lisa King Davis Baton Rouge, LA

Our refrigerator stopped working so we call sears home repair. They sent a very knowledgeable repairman out who fixed our refrigerator within about an hour Never had a problem with it since

Mary Boyce McGrath North Kingstown, RI

I have had Sears Home Warranty now for 2 years. The most frustrating part of the plan is getting it set up the folks on the other end of the phone due to accents. My main warranty calls have been for my refrigerator with built in ice maker. Had Sears here a couple times. Problems with the ice machine was all manufacturer related. Sears will come back at no charge for the same issue within 180 days. So, basically I paid $75.00, and they came here several times for the same issue due to the refrigerator. I have also had them here several times for my washer, which seems Whirlpool made the agitator pretty cheep. I just changed my plan to the whole house plan. The only experience I have had with that as of this first month, is when I did set it up, the man I spoke with asked if I had central air system, as they were setting up appointments for the annual maintenance, which is of no charge each year. He also advised that in August, I needed to call for the Heating System cleaning and maintenance, which also was at no charge each year. There is a 30 day waiting period when setting up the plan for any services. As stated, except for the frustration of foreign accents setting the account up, everything else has been great with Sears (Cinch) Home Warranty.

Francois Rene Bend, OR

Put in a claim December 3rd 2021, still waiting for Microwave repair and finally after 4 months , I was directed to a US person and was able to take care of my claim ASAP. Michelle was very clear and concise and promised that all would be taken care of within a couple of week. Indeed , I was contacted by a store manager for Sears and he personally brought a new GE microwave from 120 miles away. The installation was to be done by a service tech but I ended up doing that myself. Bravo and thank you. It pays to stay focused and keep calling until you get a response.. Again , thanks to Michelle.

Igor Pink Hasbrouck Heights, NJ

Terrible, can't be worth. Waste of time and money. Do your self a favor : stay away from them. after waiting 3 month of new compressor I gave up. Cinch got the compressor but never received approval from Sears.

C J New Orleans, LA

I can't rate a -0 so I selected a 1, they are liers, unprofessional con artist's worse than a car salesmen, they do not provide service when needed they put you on hold for hours and keep transferring you but will take your money for a fake warranty, I reported them to the BBB.

Mary Schulze Genoa City, WI

If you want to wait 2 weeks for an appointment then 2 more weeks to get the parts and a return appointment…this plan is for you. I did like the technicians, but being without a washer for weeks at a time was unacceptable. I would never purchase this warranty again.

Tiffany Swenson GA

Worst customer service ever. Don’t try to call claims department, nobody will answer even after hours of waiting and days of trying. Even their other departments say how bad that department is and wish you luck. The only way to get a live customer service agent on the phone is to say you are canceling your service. I have been trying to reach claims department about a refund for 3 days and still no success.

Cheryl Croft Goodview, VA

I purchased the home warranty from Sears since they were coming out to replace a bake element in my downdraft range. 3 months later I starting having a error code on my range . They came replace the part twice problem was still not fixed. Then they stated we cannot get the part. As for them replacing my range they would not although their warranty states if they cannot fix it they will replace. They refused to do replace! I do not recommend Sear Home Warranty Plan. My range is 3 1/2 years old . I paid 3,300.00 for my range. FALSE ADVISTERMENT ON SEARS WARRANTY!!

Loren Joliet, IL

This company is trash !! Please don’t call them ! I’ve been trying to fix my freezer and every time a technician come is a different issue! They always send someone new and they haven’t return my money back !! Their 90 day guarantee is a lie! I’ve been calling customer service and every person tells me something different. So I already spent money in a freezer that hasn’t been fixed yet since January !!

James Mitchem Bolingbrook, IL

I have Sears Home Warranty and the service is terrible. I have been paying $48.00 a month for years. The compressor went out on my refrigerator and I called Sears. I had to pay the $75.00 deductible up front. It has been seven days and my refrigerator has still not been serviced. The tech is blaming Sears, Sears is blaming the tech. Bottom line, I am getting g the run around. As soon as I get my refrigerator fixed I am going with another company. It also takes an act of God to speak with a real person. They are awful.

Christine Reinhardt St Louis, MO

I initially signed up for automatic payment, but every single month I receive notice that my account is past due. Every month I call and alert them to the fact that I'm supposed to be set up for automatic payment, give them all my information, but nothing ever changes. The last time I went on-line and "updated payment information". Still, I'm getting the notice that my account is past due. I GIVE UP! Going to find another home warranty company. BTW, I checked with my bank to see if there was a problem on the bank's end, but they couldn't find any reason why this payment wouldn't go through.

Peter Bennett Mission Viejo, CA

If I could give a negative I would, washing machine packed in tech said it’s the drove but when we called to find out what is going on they state it is not wear and tear it is deliberate damage as the drive is bent - I looked myself there is nothing bent, nothing out of place but the motor is dead and due to this of course the insurance state it is not covered - should have known complete scam as soon as you have anything serious happen there is a list of items not covered absolutely rubbish - wife had to spend 3 hours trying to get through to someone it is the worst experience we have ever had absolutely garbage DON’T fall for the crap in the ensure as it is absolutely not true!!!

David Schuler Phoenix, AZ

Had sears home warranty out work on my AC unit. I have a split ac unit. They fixed my downstairs unit but not the upstairs unit. It stopped working within an hour of the techs departure. This was on a weekend, the temperature on both days were 114 degrees. Sears warranty said they couldn’t have a tech out until the following Wednesday at 3:30 pm. At 3:30 I received a text saying they canceled my appointment because the warranty group submitted the wrong paperwork. It took almost 3 hours to get a hold of Sears to set up an appointment. The earliest they can come out is the following Friday. When I asked why I did not receive a phone call or text explaining the reason that they canceled my appointment or at least schedule another appointment for me automatically they tried to sell me additional services. I told the gentleman on the phone that their customer service was terrible and he was crazy trying to sell me additional services they can screw me on. Hopefully I’ll get my AC fixed next week.

Kristy Holben Palos Heights, IL

I wish I could give negative stars! This is the WORST! DO NOT SIGN UP! Sears is just stealing your hard earned money with this one. Do yourself a favor and pay a bit more to get someone reliable. We are currently stuck paying $50 a month, and I have tried multiple times to schedule repairs. I pay the additional $75 for someone to come out and every time, either no one shows up, or the person shows up, says they can't do anything, and proceeds to walk out. But yet, all they have to do is show up and they get paid. They don't have to actually fix your problem. Customer Service is a joke. It's completely automated. If you do manage to get ahold of someone, you will be on the phone waiting for hours, and you won't be satisfied with their responses. This service is completely unreliable, and I would not recommend to anyone!

Karen Bach Mount Airy, GA

We have had this warranty for many years. No problems until Cinch took over as administrator. Now it is extremely difficult to reach an actual person when issues arise. Am often placed on hold for more than an hour or more even when calling at night. Obviously not enough response lines. When my refrigerator needed repair a few months ago, it took 2 weeks before a service tech could be scheduled; then had to wait another 7-10 days for a tech to be scheduled to return even though the parts were delivered to my home many days prior. Now We are taking cold showers because a service technician cannot be located and scheduled. Am told that under the circumstances, management can OK for the customer to find a repair person and submit the bill for reimbursement under the warranty. This option is useless since the necessary management personnel are never there during the hours that I am finally able to get through. AND the people on the evening and night lines state that they are not able to take a request for management callback. It will be a hardship on our budget to have the repair done ourselves, but that apparently is what we must do and eat the costs even though I am paying for service that I am not getting. I AM THROUGH WITH SEARS AND CINCH. Cancelling my warranty.