Sears Home Warranty

Sears Home Warranty Logo

Sears Home Warranty

Offers home warranty coverage across 49 states

Sears Home Warranty has been offering their services since 2014. It is a single protection plan that can cover the repair or replacement of more than 20 major appliances and household systems. Sears home warranty coverage gives homeowners peace of mind by helping them to avoid the high cost of unexpected repairs and replacements on the appliances and systems they depend on every day. The home warranty is available in 49 U.S. states and has a variety of plans for homeowners to choose from. Unfortunately, the majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, demonstrating poor customer service as well as a multitude of other complaints. See Sears Home Warranty reviews below to read what customers have to say.

#1 Landmark Home Warranty Logo Landmark Home Warranty ›

9.2

Overall
Score

#2 Choice Home Warranty Logo Choice Home Warranty ›

7.7

Overall
Score

#3 American Residential Warranty Logo American Residential Warranty ›

7.0

Overall
Score

#14 Sears Home Warranty Logo Sears Home Warranty ›

2.6

Overall
Score

starstar_halfstar_borderstar_borderstar_border

The Good

• Cancellation Fees and Contract Length
  • Coverage
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Exclusive Benefits
  • Variety of Plans
  • Appliance Check-up Packages

Cancellation Fees and Contract Length

Sears Home Warranty Company doesn’t charge cancellation fees if you decide to switch to another home warranty company. Also, with Sears,  you are only required to sign a yearly contract, which makes it simple to renew your contract on a yearly basis, and not have a long-term commitment to a warranty policy.

Coverage

Sears has home warranty coverage for 49 of 50 states. Sears warranty covers almost the entire United States, making it simple to find a Sears warranty in your area.

24/7 Customer Service

Sears Home Warranty offers customer service for homeowners to get assistance and to submit a claim 24/7. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

Exclusive Benefits

When you sign a service contract for a Sears Home Warranty plan, you are eligible for the following benefits:

• One heating and one cooling system maintenance check every year
  • Free 2-day shipping on tons of items from Sears and Kmart
  • 15% back in Shop Your Way points on all qualifying purchases
  • Discounted oil changes and tire rotations at Sears Auto Centers

Variety of Plans

Sears offers a variety of home warranty plans, making it simple for every homeowner to find the right coverage for them. Here is a list of each plan, their cost, and what major appliances and systems they cover.

Sears Appliance Plan: $49.99/mo

• Electrical system
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door opener

Sears Whole House Plan: $69.99/mo

• Everything in the Appliance Plan and the Systems Plan.

Add-on Coverage & Extra Benefits

• Pool and/or Spa with heater (heater limit $1,000)
  • Septic tank with pumping (pumping limit $500. Tank replacement limit $1,000)
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Appliance Check-up Packages

Sears Home Warranty offers appliance check-up packages where they inspect numerous systems and appliances at once so a homeowner doesn't have to make separate service calls for each one. Here are the appliance check-up packages that Sears advertises on their website:

• $99 laundry check-up
  • $149 kitchen appliance check-up
  • $199 kitchen $ laundry check-up

The Bad

• Sears Home Warranty Cost
  • Time in Business
  • No Mobile App
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Sears Home Warranty Cost

The average cost per year for Sears Home Warranty agreement is $719. Prices will range based on the state you live in and the type of warranty plan you choose. The average trade service fee for a Sears Home Warranty is $88. Sears doesn’t offer the most competitive prices compared to other home warranty companies that charge closer to $400 per year with a $60-$70 trade service fee. This may prove to be a problem for consumers who are looking for a more affordable option.

Time in Business

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its services since 2014. With somewhat limited experience under their belt, there are other home warranty companies that have more experience in the home warranty service industry.

No Mobile App

Currently, there is no mobile app for Sears Home Warranty. This would be helpful for them to work on so customers can request services from their mobile device without having to call or get on a desktop.

Negative Customer Reviews

The majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, giving the home warranty company a low star rating. Common themes throughout the reviews are poor customer service, slow repair time, and inadequate technicians. With such poor customer reviews, we recommend looking into other home warranty providers—ones with satisfied customers and positive reviews.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its warranty services and products since 2014. Customers enjoy their 24/7 customer service and exclusive benefits that are included with the warranty you purchase. Sears Home Warranty works to provide homeowners peace of mind that their appliances will be taken care of in the case that malfunctions or defects occur through normal wear and tear. Additionally, Sears Home Warranty covers unknown pre-existing conditions in its service contract. However, negative reviews highlight poor customer service, slow repair service, difficult claim process, and inadequate technicians. Sears Home Warranty might need to improve these aspects of its business before it is a good choice for home warranty service. We recommend researching other top home warranty companies that have positive feedback to ensure you find the best home warranty company for you.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.1

Aska Shah
May 22nd, 2019 Edison, NJ DETAILS

I feel silly - as I should have done some research prior to signing up for the Sears Home Warranty!! And now, I feel that I can COMPLETELY relate to all the views put forward here. Let me shed some light on the situation: My washer broke down after the cooling period. The service engineer comes over, and stated that it is a factory recall. We coordinate the entire operation with GE, and they duly come and fix the software update. This by the way had NOTHING to do with why our washer stopped. The Engineer never mentioned the actual problem, but we did pay him $75 visit fee. Turned out, we had to call them again and when they came, they simply refused to carry out the work stating that it was a pre-existing condition. To make things worse, I got an email from them stating that I had signed of completion of work - which I never did! BEWARE OF SEARS DOING SUCH THINGS!! Normal wear and tear is but normal and I explained in many ways that it was not in my hands when the washer decided to break down. But they simply refused and consider. Takeaways: 1. DO NOT SIGN UP FOR SEARS HOME WARRANTY 2. IF YOU DECIDE TO DO SO (hopefully not with SEARS), ASK THEM TO CONFIRM THAT ALL COVERED DEVICES ARE IN WORKING CONDITION. 3. ASK FOR DETAILED BREAKUP OF CAUSE, EFFECT, IMPACT WHEN GETTING THE JOB DONE. (We trusted the engineers thinking they are nationwide, reputable - but we were wrong).

Jay Smith
May 22nd, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

Worst thing I ever did was purchase this home warranty. The way their system works is frustrating, slow and most of the technicians 100% terrible. The fastest they fixed anything was 3 weeks, so enjoy being without A/C, dishwasher or anything for at least this long when something breaks.

Chen zhang
May 21st, 2019 Castro Valley, CA DETAILS

In 2017, it took me a minute for a customer representative to answer me when I said I wanted to purchase a home warranty. One year later in 2018 when I wanted to cancel it, it took 40 min to wait on the phone. I bought the warranty for one year for the property I wanted to sell. One year later, I didn't need it after I sold the property. I called to cancel the policy a couple of days before the expiration date and that should be quite simple - just don't renewal the policy. What I didn't know is they charged my credit card one month before the expiration date in 2018 for the year I asked for cancellation. I only paid attention to credit card transaction after the expiration date just in case. They didn't refund me. As a matter of fact, they didn't even stop my policy. I didn't know until today in 2019 because it started to charge my credit again for next year, again one month before the expiration date. I will call them again to cancel to get the refund but not sure if I can got last year's premium back. This is really terrible!! You think you can trust those big companies after your call, they would take care everything automatically. Wrong!

Bri Loftis
May 16th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

TOTAL SCAM - complete fraud! Don't waste your money. They lie! I was told a month ago a part wasn't covered for my dishwasher, but the repairman found another part they said was covered. The parts man didn't order it and now they say it isn't covered. I had to call - they should have called me. They are LIARS and take your money with ZERO [email protected]

David
May 16th, 2019 Anaheim, CA DETAILS

After 11 months paying the monthly 49.99, my dryer stopped working. I called to have a technician come out on Thursday May 9. She said she could not find the part. Also she stated if the part is unavailable I would have the option to either accept a check or choose from a list of qualifying models to replace. the bad gas dryer. The following Tuesday, I was offered by phone $23.47 toward a new dryer. I declined. Instead I bought a new one for $901.03. I plan to give them a chance to reimburse me in full.

Cindy Bronkhorst
May 16th, 2019 Elk, WA DETAILS

SCAMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BUYER BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This company is a complete scam! We just paid their fee upfront and now we have a claim and they say they don't have any repairmen in our area!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! When we asked them for a refund of our $500 by their calculations we would OWE them money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Scam!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kristi
May 14th, 2019 Carrollton, GA DETAILS

Worst Experience I have EVER had! We are going on month 4 with no refrigerator with 4 children in the home because they keep sending repair men who can't seem to repair it but they won't make the call to replace it. Customer service is hit or miss. Would not recommend for anyone!!! Biggest waste of money we have ever spent.

BABAR AHMAD
May 9th, 2019 Manassas, VA DETAILS

TOTAL SCAM!!! WORST SERVICE EVER!!!! LONG LONG HOLD TIMES....They declined my claim because of maintenance, I showed them multiple maintenance records, but they denied the claim stating that I might have paid for the maintenance, but the company may not have done the job properly and that I should have check to make sure. THEY ARE MODERN DAY CRIMINALS!!!! CHARGING ME $70 A MONTH AND CANNOT CANCEL WITH A PENALTY FEE.

mark Shurtleff
May 9th, 2019 Frisco, TX DETAILS

We just had an ice market that didn't work on a $2850 LG refrigerator. They came out 3 times ordering the wrong parts etc. and couldn't fix. They ordered 3 more parts including a new compressor etc. They came in put all those in and guess what no ice and freezer and refrigerator don't work . All groceries ruined, no one coming out until Tuesday and no supervisor to talk to. I hope they didn't ruin my refrigerator, They can come out for 3 days. No refrigerator for weekend.

Cat Burg
May 8th, 2019 Spring, TX DETAILS

Home Warranty is not a real thing! If I could give a negative rating I would! We have been 6 weeks without a working dishwasher. One of the assigned technicians broke a copper pipe. Another technician came and said the other technician broke it. No one will take responsibility for the damage. I am switched from person to person while listening to annoying music, only to get put on hold again. Sears and Sedgwick pass this back and forth and nothing is done. No one seems to know how to resolve our issue. The lack of ability to get anything done is astonishing.

J HENDERSON
May 7th, 2019 Jefferson, GA DETAILS

I just had my semi annual service on my a/c. The technician told us the upstairs unit wasn't working (we live in Atlanta and hadn't noticed ???!!!) and needed 1500 ish worth of work that was not covered. The second unit wasn't working and needed a new pump for around 500ish --again not covered. I called their service dept and spoke to Ron--he just kept repeating see paragraph 2 of your contract --neither is covered. Just got my old service people out here --the upstairs unit had a crossed wire--the downstairs unit had a clogged drain. the only charge was for the call $79.95. I spoke to Sears or Cross Country which services the contract. I spoke to 6 people --the last one Tenicia actually told me I did not have any coverage for the second unit which I added--so she was not looking at my account I'm sure. Please be very very careful when considering this service.

D White
May 7th, 2019 Arlington, TX DETAILS

No stars from me. The repair guy was great! However, even on a speaker , warranty assured that they would replace my Kenmore microwave even got a confirmation by email. Next day received a call from them that they decided not to cover! Called and spoke to a supervisor **** and she said they will review the claim. Now claim is still in review and no word of replacement. What am I paying for? Very disappointed as the supervisor **** wouldn't hardly say a word in our discussion regarding the issue as she told me at the beginning the conversation is being recorded & I said I'm glad it is! I feel that they should have followed through on replacement as the service technician was told and I was told and the email confirmation of it. Even the damage was documented by facetime between the technician and the service department! VERY POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE! I will not be renewing this coverage as I have been TOTALLY MISINFORMED and feel like I HAVE BEEN SCAMMED by a legit company. My appliance coverage of $49.99 will definitely be stopped on my last payment which is in 2 months due to this company totally scamming me.

Penny Newhope
May 3rd, 2019 Mansfield, OH

No stars, wish they would stop calling us. In the evening early in the morning, during the day! I keep telling them no we're not interested and to take us off there list. They just keep calling and what's so funny is it's for a refrigerator that warranty ran out on last OCT!!!!

disgruntled
May 3rd, 2019 Palo Alto, CA DETAILS

The repairman didn't come within the allotted window, but an hour and a half late. I had to get my daughter from school and that's when he shows up. As I'm getting home he is pulling out of my driveway and says he can't wait more than 15 minutes. What and my 5.5 hours I wanted for you???

J'hon
April 28th, 2019 Hillsboro, OR

These Warranty plans are a straight-up-scam from before the word go. What am I saying? Well, we had called to get someone to deal with our Kenmore Elite fridge, a great fridge until things begin to go south, like the evaporator fan. I do know a thing or two about appliance repair, but I thought peace of mind would be nice to have for all appliances while I remodel my home. Well, we called to get someone to do the diagnosis and correct what was wrong. they said we could get a warranty for a reasonable price and then... you need to pay today before your appointment in about a week. I in that time got the fridge working myself, called to cancel the appointment and to not do the warranty ( we were told there would be no cost if all was canceled before any tech came to the home. 1st point of B.S. -- They proceeded to say that there would now be a $25 cancellation fee, and sent a cancellation notice dated a month into the warranty period. 2nd point of B.S. -- we never used anything from the warranty and it should have been the end of it with the full $49.99 or whatever the cost we had to pay up front. The 3rd point of B.S. it's the only way they can make sure to take money if you resolve the issue without them. I would never trust them after having read this board of customers treated so poorly. It's no surprise that Sears is History, with this leg trying to scam whatever's and whoever's left believing in their namesake. Shame on them. We went to our bank and cited fraud... the bank agreed with us and gave us our money back.

Regina
April 28th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

I wish I could give them 0 stars! The WORST company to deal with. We pay the $49.99 a month for them schedule appointments that never existed, tell us the technician is on his way when he's really not, tell us we have 4 different service appointments for the same issue, but really there never was a service appointment. I would not recommend buying anything from Sears let alone their warranty! Horrible.

Lisa
April 25th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Do NOT purchase a Sears Home Warranty...you will regret it. My fridge broke and I was without a fridge for a month and a half and had to call DAILY to get them to finally replace it. Now I'm trying to cancel my agreement as the headache of dealing with them is not worth the plan and they say it's a year plan and I would have to pay a penalty. You will never get the same person on the phone when you call and each person tells you something different. ZERO STARS!

Maryland Consumer
April 23rd, 2019 Chevy Chase, MD DETAILS

Be advised that 𝐒𝐞𝐚𝐫𝐬 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐖𝐚𝐫𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐭𝐲 IS NOT operated by the Sears at the mall. It is really 𝐂𝐫𝐨𝐬𝐬 𝐂𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐫𝐲 𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐒𝐞𝐫𝐯𝐢𝐜𝐞. When the technician comes out customer will be told that only "moving" and "mechanical" parts are covered under the plan. Customer pays for all other repairs and "worn" parts. Each single step in the repair has it's own "code" and charge. My tech vacuumed the dust at the bottom of the fridge. The code cost for vacuuming was $100.00. Ask if your repair dude has HVAC / trade school certification. Contract is covered by binding arbitration. So customer cannot go to the local Small Claims Court to recover damages.

T
April 23rd, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

They scheduled twelve service visits to repair my washer, and a year and a half later they still haven't properly repaired or replaced it. This is basically a scam.

Christy GOlen
April 23rd, 2019 Springfield, MA DETAILS

This company is a scam! I paid up front the whole house plan where it covers the heat, the plumbing the appliances and air conditioning. I paid for my house and my parent's house. I paid up front $1600. I was told that no matter the age of appliances that they would fix them or replace them. My dishwasher stopped washing dishes a week ago. The tech came out and said that the dishwasher was 35 years old and that the racks were rusting thats why it stopped spinning and cleaning. The company said they would not fix or replace it!! I am out $1600! I could have replace the appliances in my entire kitchen for that. They are scammers DO NOT BUY THIS! I went to BBB and they are handling it now.

JGander
April 19th, 2019 Lakeland, FL DETAILS

After having Sears for several years and being happy with their service they completely changed their plans. We had an issue with our A/C under the new plan and they sent someone out ($100 to show up) they took 3 hours to figure out that the pan inside the air handler was cracked and that was why the system was leaking. The next day we got a call saying that the part and service was not covered because we broke the pan that is INSIDE the air handler. Called their service department and got told "too bad, this is what the service guy said, suck it up or pay $900 to cancel."

Emad Ali
April 18th, 2019 Flushing, NY DETAILS

I had an appointment from 1-5 pm. Technichen didn’t show up and they reschedule another appointment without advising me , I had to wait all day and I specially had this day off without pay and all they said sorry after 1 hour the appointment is over. I trusted sears home service but not any more ( very disappoint )

Dennis Briggs
April 18th, 2019 Frisco, TX DETAILS

I foolishly thought it would be a good idea to sign up for the warranty service. I could not have been more wrong. Over a three month period, I have had no less than 8 technicians out to my home to repair a four year old washer. It is till in disrepair. I am beyond angry and upset. I can't wait until this contract ends and I will be done with Sears forever.

Gail Lois
April 18th, 2019 DETAILS

No repair is completed the first time around. The technician always has to come back at least twice to complete a repair! If you call the service department or “customer service” you will be transferred several times if not cut off. Talking to a representative is like talking to a wall! They have no desire to listen or help! The standard line is “That’s the best I can do.” which translates to nothing. They say that if the appliance can’t be repaired it will be replaced - good luck with that! I as told by a technician that a Sears will throw hundreds of dollars in parts at a repair rather than replace an appliance because it benefits their bottom line certainly not the consumer. I truly regret purchasing the home warranty. What it supposedly saved me in repairs cost me me sooo much more in aggravation and frustration.

Richard
April 18th, 2019 Cameron, NC DETAILS

I have had Sears Home Warranty for five years, this is the first time I have needed them. The air conditioner condensation tray that is specifically covered within the contract, cracked dumping water into the ceiling of my kitchen. Called them on Tuesday, and we are now at the end of the following Monday and nothing has been done. Even after a rep shows up I am being told I have to wait for the claim to be examined and approved, another 48-72 hours before the part will be ordered.... more time, all this while my house is being damaged due to this. Why am I paying you money if you are not going to come out and fix problems when needed. When I call I have customer service representatives like Carlene that tell me I can do nothing but wait on their process, Supervisors that say the same thing but even more blunt, refuse to call higher level management, tell you that they can not contact the group that has to process the claim.... This is absurd, I will be finding another company to do business with. The only office that seems to want to help a customer is the case-management department, but it is nearly impossible to get to them.

Unhappy customer
April 16th, 2019 Fontana, CA

Sears warranty sucks I have warranty on my refrigerator and been broken since February and until this date it does not work they have been here to fix number of time the recent visit was April 9, 2019 and it does not work still. All they do is fix it with not luck I have the best warranty that it gets replaced if it doesn't work lemon law. I guess not!!!

Helen Ginden
April 16th, 2019 Overland Park, KS DETAILS

Sears came to fix my refrigerator. I had to wait ONE WEEK for the part to arrive. The technician only fixes refrigerators but I guess they don't keep parts on the truck any more. Technician left and the next day the refrigerator was not working. I called for another service and it was ONE WEEK before they could come back. I waited the week and the technician was to arrive between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m. When the technician had not arrived by 2:00, I called Sears and asked that when they place their automatic calls to notify the tech is on his way, to please call on my cell phone. She stated they would. They did not. They called my home phone. Then when the technician arrived at 2:17 (not within Sears 10 to 2 block), he also called my home phone. So I missed him by ten minutes. I called Sears and was told he would come back. He did not. After much aggravation with the scheduling department, all I could do was reschedule for another ONE WEEK out. So now that makes THREE WEEKS without a refrigerator due to their incompetence in the first place. And, if I need another part, which they should have known in the first place, that will make FOUR WEEKS. Talked to the scheduling supervisor Gina, and got no place. I have had many policies and this is the worst. They are more expensive than others. I am so sorry I chose them. In a years or so, they will probably go the way of their stores; and they should. BUYER BEWARE! I

Keri
April 16th, 2019 West Monroe, LA DETAILS

The only reason I gave 1 star is that 0 stars was not an option. I am scheduled for my 5th visit by repair technicians for a dishwasher repair. I have had the absolute worst technicians, the worst sears service customer service representatives and still no resolution with my dishwasher. When I wanted to cancel my service contract I was told they would send a bill for what had been spent on the dishwasher to this point. Definitely not worth the money I am paying monthly. They have overall poor ratings for a reason. If you are considering home warranties— STAY AWAY FROM SEARS

deb martin
April 12th, 2019 Dowagiac, MI DETAILS

Don't waste your money or your time repair service was great but they're follow up was terrible not worth the headache. Don't do it

Caralee Lyon
April 12th, 2019 Cedar City, UT DETAILS

My washer broke down. I called the Sears warranty people and they told me they would find someone to fix it. Later they called back and said that there wasn't anyone in my area and to get my own repairman and they would reimburse me, but I had to call and get it authorized. I had a repairman come to my home and diagnose the problem. When I told him I had a Sears Warranty...he said I will fix your washer, but I will not bill Sears "THEY DO NOT PAY THEIR BILLS!" So I called and talked to Daniel at the warranty place. He approved the diagnosis which was that the little valve inside the washer for the hot water was broke. Daniel told me to go ahead and have it fixed and to send the bills that I was given in to them, and they would reimburse me...I just got off the phone with Megan (supervisor). Who even though the invoice said parts and I had it approved is unwilling to reimburse me. I have been a loyal Sears customer for 45 years. I am going to cancel the warranty that I have...I mean seriously what is the use. I spoke very plainly...they recorded it! HAHA!! Please anyone out there seriously consider it before you buy a "Sears Warranty" . They are not honest and their word is NO GOOD. I was raised in an era where your word meant something.

J
April 11th, 2019 DETAILS

I upgraded one plan to the other one. They failed to cancel the first one and kept charging me twice. What a terrible service!

Scott
April 9th, 2019 Simi Valley, CA DETAILS

If you move, they won't service anything for 30 days. Even for the same appliances you had at the old address.

Marie
April 9th, 2019 Stone Mountain, GA DETAILS

DON'T DO IT!!! I have now been waiting since August 2018 for them to repair my refrigerator. It was initially just icing over. We would unplug for a few days and it would work. Now that three technicians have touched it we were told that the coil has been broken and will require more extensive repairs. When you call you can't understand the people you are talking to. I was on the phone with them for several hours to speak with a manager and never got one and never got a call back as promised. I was told I would even have to pay the $100 deductible again. Not happening!! DO NOT get this warrant. Horrible.

Nancy Schejbal
April 9th, 2019 DETAILS

I realize my warranty has expired, but the oven racks in my built-in double oven keep falling. I mentioned this to a tech who was checking another Sears appliance, and he said Sears have been replacing those racks for awhile. When I called about it, I was told that since the warranty had expired, they would not cover it and that I would have to purchase new ones. I feel that this is unfair because the racks were made too small for this unit so they should be replaced no matter how long the warranty is over. It is Sears' mistake in building the oven. I did end up purchasing only one because, with shipping, it was over $120. I could not afford more.

Dymonhil
April 8th, 2019 Stamford, CT DETAILS

Horrible Company.Save your moneyThey denied claim.Supervior is a loser,they don’t deserve to be I. Business.

Darrell Spencer
April 4th, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

In September 0f 2019 they came to fix my gas oven. had to fine the part for it since it could not be fix. Did not hear from them for a month. Called them to follow up, they could not fine the part for it. I was informed if they could not fix it they would replace it. I gave them all the measurements of the oven. To this date April 03, 2019 my wall oven has not been replace.

Mary E Barber
April 2nd, 2019 St Louis, MO DETAILS

Scheduling was a nightmare, and they made promised to make up for the THREE full days I took off for work to wait for no-shows. However, they kept none of them. Problem resolution was an exorbitant waste of time with no resolution.

LISA BETH SALAZAR
April 2nd, 2019 Middletown, VA DETAILS

Total and complete scam. I have had this warranty for several years and did not have any trouble til the last year. I understand that Cross Country has taken over and Sears is in bankruptcy so they are protected. I have submitted 2 claims in the past year. The first was a sump pump. The motor was bad. Claim denied. I figured I would let it go rather than fight about it. 2 weeks ago I submitted a claim for my furnace. It needs a part. They said it would take 2-3 weeks to get the part and tried to sell me a new furnace. Mind you, I am in VA and the temperatures have been freezing ( I asked if Sears was going to pay for it and the answer was no) so I had to wait for the part. I get a call back the next week and they say the claim was denied and they tried again to get me to buy a new furnace. I said no. Before I called customer service I called as a new customer to the Sears Home Warranty and recorded the conversation. Whole home warranty covers 100 percent of parts and labor on a furnace. After I got all the information I told the salesman that I was a current customer and my furnace was broken and he hung up on me. Does that sound like fraud? I see a lot of people online that have had the same issues. Shame on Sears and I am not going to let this go.

DOROTHY THOMAS
April 1st, 2019 Land O' Lakes, FL DETAILS

I have had a home warranty with Sears for a few years now. I've always made sure to have AC maintenance scheduled. I recently had HVAC professional at my house to service. He was in and out in 10 minutes. Soon after this service I notice a water drip coming out of a vent in bathroom downstairs. Had Sears send a plummer and he determined problem may be coming from AC unit and they would need to have an HVAC specialist check it out. Sears sent the same guy who earlier "serviced" AC . As soon as I explained issue to guy, he quickly admitted he did not look at unit inside last time. So guy looked and told memy evaporator coiled were corroded and was causing the leak, "Unfortunately my warranty does not cover this damage and I could pay up to $1500 to replace it" Oh and by the way since my unit is 10 +years old " it may be in your advantage to replace the whole unit" . Well today I had another HVAC company come and check AC. Come to find out both unit inside had clogged drain. They were flushing out baby lizard and all sort of nasty stuff from my drain. Yes I have some corosion as the unit is showing normal " wear and tear" from the years but " corroded coil" was not was caused my leak downstairs and water damage to my ceiling downstairs. So now I need to know from a lawyer how I get compensation to fix damages that were done due to their negligence.

David
March 29th, 2019 Broomfield, CO DETAILS

Several weeks back Sears repair man came out, assessed need for parts. Took 2 weeks for parts to arrive. Repair man came out and stated the wrong parts were sent, re-manufactured parts don't work in my dryer. Then ordered a new part and scheduled the repair for a week later. On the date of repair, I received no word they 'back ordered' the part. When calling the support center, the response was 'we'll notify you with the back ordered part is available.' Nearly a month now, and no resolution. I would be very careful if you are considering purchasing a warranty from Sears. I was informed they also changed the warranty plans to garner more money.

Pat
March 29th, 2019 Placerville, CA DETAILS

I took out the sears "whole house" contract on Feb 20, 2019. A Sears tech was in my home repairing an oven fan and "talked me into purchasing a Sears Warranty Plan ". He phoned the sales rep for me and the sales rep asked if there were any "preexisting problems. There were none. The tech standing next to me agreed and told the sales rep that there were no "preexisting problems". I signed up with the knowledge that the contract would be effective March 21, 2019 to file any claims. I submitted a claim for my heating system repair that broke down after the effective date of March 21 and after the 30-day required time period. Sears sent a technician for the repair. I gave the tech a check to Sears for the deductible, which they cashed. Sears is claiming they never authorized this repair, even though they called the tech to my home. The tech is now calling me direct and asking for payment from me, otherwise he was ready to remove the part he installed. Sears now informs me that the heating repair was a preexisting condition and refused payment. I then spoke to a supervisor who refused the claim saying she "sees this all the time" and it was a preexisting condition since I filed the claim so soon after the effective date. I have no control over when a system fails and for her accusation of purposely buying a contract for falsely filing a claim is not true. I was advised that claim is now "closed" on your website. I am waiting another 72 hrs for another supervisor to call me since I will not accept this denial. If the denial persists and is not reversed, I will pursue w\all legal means available against Sears via an attorney,

J. L,
March 27th, 2019 New Port Richey, FL DETAILS

Overall very disappointing home warranty. In my kitchen they will not cover: microwave, ice maker, trash compactor, or fridge (I was told this after I purchased the warranty). They have attempted to fix the dishwasher 4 times, but ended up paying me for it instead (1/4 of the price that it will cost to replace the unit I have). I admit we have higher end appliances, but I asked many questions about the coverage on the phone before I purchased. I have attempted to cancel the warranty since they don't cover most of my appliances and they plan to charge me for the rest of the year! So far in the past 2 years I have paid in $1200 ($49 per month) and they have refused to fix 2 items and were unable to fix the other?? I do NOT recommend Sears as your home warranty company. Pick someone else!

Dave Schulte
March 26th, 2019 Norfolk, VA DETAILS

I'd give them 0 if I could. Do not waste your money. My central heat went out on me last month (FEB) mid winter. After four weeks of making me wait for parts and various contractor visits, they denied my claim. I also had to pay two service fees, not one. I've got a pregnant wife at home, no heat, in the middle of winter. Service is absolutely terrible. Glad I have a fireplace. Kept my house from freezing. This bunch sure won't. Worst experience dealing with a commercial outfit ever, and I've had to deal with a few stinkers over the years, as I'm sure most of you reading this have too. Sears home warranty stands out as the worst. Just don't sign up.

Teshawna Hodges
March 22nd, 2019 Selma, AL DETAILS

I have a warranty with Sears on my Whirlpool washer. We have been having problems with the washer since November. Everytime a Tech comes out, the washer is back broke within week banging loudly and leaking water. Everytime I call, I have to wait over a month before I van get an appointment. That means I have to spend 30 a week going to the washer because I have 5 people in my family. I called today and they tried to give me an appointment that was a month and a half out. I asked the customer service representative why do I have to wait so long, he started telling me that they have to have a service tech in that area. I said well why do they not say that when you buy the warranty. He said meanly, look, I am not gonna go back and forth with with you. I said how is that going back and forth when I asked you a question. He got mad and said good bye, have a nice day and hung up. I called back 6 times. He would pick the phone up and hang up in my face each time, til I finally hit a different number to cancel an appointment instead of make one and I got someone different. That is the worst customer service I have ever had.

Rosa
March 20th, 2019 Huntington, WV DETAILS

Be aware consumer. Sears Home Warranty has became sbusive, deceiving and fraudulent business. It’s taking 05 months to be partially refund for a job they were unwilling to buy the part on the market to fix my washer.

MD
March 20th, 2019 Cary, NC DETAILS

Terrible customer service, weak warranty, and poorly trained technicians. Highly recommend against purchasing Sears Home Warranty. What they were unable to do in half a dozen visits, another repair company accomplished in 15 minutes.

Salvador Perez
March 19th, 2019 Chicago, IL DETAILS

Fraudulent, irresponsible, abusive, deceiving, Sears Home Warranty has become a horrible company. You'll waste your time and money by investing your hope and hardly earned dollars in this company thinking that when a problem with your household appliances arise they will respond. It takes weeks and in some cases months to get something fixed and/or in the worst case scenario get a partial refund of the damaged items because they were unwilling or incapable of fix it. Despite the fact that they increased my monthly payments and co-payments without informing me nor with my consent, for many years, I was a faithful costumer of this company but when I started having problems with my appliances and asked for their help they showed their real deceiving practices and levels of irresponsibility. On 2017, my clothes dryer broke and Sears offered me a replacement that wouldn't fit in my small laundry room. I researched 3 dryers in the Sears website that would fit my space and asked them to give me any of those (2 of them were cheaper that the one offered) but they refused to do it. After almost 3 months of multiple "conversations" with more than a dozen of their reps, they told me that my only option was to take a monetary compensation of about 70% of the cost of the dryer. I took the money but I haven't been able to replace it. On August 2018, my NATURAL GAS water heater broke and after almost two months they replaced it WITH A PROPANE GAS WATER HEATER! I noted to the installing "plumber" (an independent contractor hired by Sears whom did not showed for multiple appointments) that the heater had a huge sign saying Propane Only. The "plumber" replied that it was going to be okay. For five months the heater malfunctioned delivering super hot and super cold water intermittently. I call Sears for months but they replied that it was not their problem and that I needed to contact the manufacturer. In December, tired of Sears' lack of response, I called the manufacturer and they told me that a Propane water heater can not work with natural gas unless it has been converted. I called Sears back and told them the manufacturers' response. They responded that they were going to send the "plumber" to do the conversion. After six weeks of waiting and calling, calling and waiting and taking cold showers. They offered me a monetary compensation of about 70% of the cost of the conversion. I ended up paying the rest and finally got hot water at the end of February. Their latest deception and attempt of fraud was last February 2019 during the severe winter storm in Chicago, when my furnace broke they sent a tech a few days after my call. The tech condemned the furnace and Sears offered me a replacement which was of less capacity than my old furnace, incompatible with my AC system, and according to their rep. it was going to take them 7 to 10 days. I couldn't wait because my house was freezing and I have 3 kids and my 81 years old sick dad at home. I called them to ask for their authorization to hire my own company to do the replacement and after 73 minutes in the phone they authorized me to hire my own company. A few days after I replaced it, I got a call from them "informing me that my claim was denied it because (they said) I did not ask for their authorization prior to the installation". I still fighting with these fraudulent criminals to get my reimbursement to pay back the loan I took to replace my furnace (over 4,000). Now they are hiding and do not respond my correspondence. Do not waste your time or money with these thieves.

Max Ray
March 18th, 2019 Winston, GA DETAILS

Repair of Kenmore side by side..I called on a Saturday..They scheduled me for the following Monday..Service man arrived and had it fixed in about 10 minutes!! Faulty relay!! Low and behold..Kenmore vent hood light socket went bad..On Saturday of same week..had repairman out within 2 hours..problem fixed..faulty socket.. YEAHHHH..shout out to Sears repair men!

rosalind tucker
March 18th, 2019 Centre, AL DETAILS

sears replaced seal on my freezer 3 times and the problem is still remaining. Also ice maker has been replaced 2 times. It is leaking still. technician came today and said setting was set too high, so why didn't he fix that in the first place. I will wait to see if that works. It took them 3 tries to repair my dishwasher. When I call home warranty they can't get me to a supervisor and don't want to hear complaints, I don't think technicians are well trained.

Ak
March 18th, 2019 Round Rock, TX

I regret to buy home warranty through sears. They are not good at all. I bought their full house plan for $69.99 monthly, and when i call for service repair guy was worried about $100 deductible after i paid him, he told me what is wrong with my garage door which of course sears denied to cover under warranty. i called right away and cancelled my service and to my surprise i had to pay $25 service fee for cancellation. please stay away from sears home warranty.