Sears Home Warranty Logo

Sears Home Warranty

Is This Your Business?

2.2

Sears Home Warranty has been offering their services since 2014. It is a single protection plan that can cover the repair or replacement of more than 20 major appliances and household systems. Sears home warranty coverage gives homeowners peace of mind by helping them to avoid the high cost of unexpected repairs and replacements on the appliances and systems they depend on every day. The home warranty is available in 49 U.S. states and has a variety of plans for homeowners to choose from. Unfortunately, the majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, demonstrating poor customer service as well as a multitude of other complaints. See Sears Home Warranty reviews below to read what customers have to say.

American Home Shield Logo
#2 American Home Shield chevron_right
3.9
OneGuard Logo
#3 OneGuard chevron_right

The Good

• Cancellation Fees and Contract Length
  • Coverage
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • High Claim Cap
  • Exclusive Benefits
  • Variety of Plans
  • Appliance Check-Up Packages

Cancellation Fees and Contract Length

Sears Home Warranty Company doesn’t charge cancellation fees if you decide to switch to another home warranty company. Also, with Sears, you are only required to sign an annual contract, which makes it simple to renew your contract on a yearly basis and not have a long-term commitment to a warranty policy.

Coverage

Sears has home warranty coverage for 49 of 50 states. Sears warranty covers almost the entire United States, making it simple to find a Sears warranty in your area.

24/7 Customer Service

Sears Home Warranty offers customer service for homeowners to get assistance and to submit a claim 24/7. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

High Claim Cap

Sears Home Warranty has a cap of $10,000 per claim, which is high for the industry. By comparison, coverage limits for most home warranty companies typically range from $500 to $2,000.

Exclusive Benefits

When you sign a service contract for a Sears Home Warranty plan, you are eligible for the following benefits:

• One heating and one cooling system maintenance check every year
  • Free 2-day shipping on tons of items from Sears and Kmart
  • 15% back in Shop Your Way points on all qualifying purchases
  • Discounted oil changes and tire rotations at Sears Auto Centers

Variety of Plans

Sears offers a variety of home warranty plans, making it simple for every homeowner to find the right coverage for them. Here is a list of each plan, their cost, and what major appliances and systems they cover.

Sears Appliance Plan: $49.99 per Month

• Electrical system
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door opener

Sears Whole House Plan: $69.99 per Month

• Everything in the Appliance Plan and the Systems Plan.

Add-on Coverage & Extra Benefits

• Pool and/or Spa with heater (heater limit $1,000)
  • Septic tank with pumping (pumping limit $500. Tank replacement limit $1,000)
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Appliance Check-up Packages

Sears Home Warranty offers appliance check-up packages where they inspect numerous systems and appliances at once so a homeowner doesn't have to make separate service calls for each one. Here are the appliance check-up packages that Sears advertises on their website:

• $99 laundry check-up
  • $149 kitchen appliance check-up
  • $199 kitchen $ laundry check-up

The Bad

• Sears Home Warranty Cost
  • Time in Business
  • No Mobile App
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Sears Home Warranty Cost

The average cost per year for Sears Home Warranty agreement is $719. Prices will range based on the state you live in and the type of warranty plan you choose. The average trade service fee for a Sears Home Warranty is $88. Sears doesn’t offer the most competitive prices compared to other home warranty companies that charge less annually and have lower service fees; the average annual cost for a home warranty ranges between $300 and $600. The cost of Sears Home Warranty may prove to be a problem for consumers who are looking for a more affordable option.

Time in Business

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its services since 2014. With somewhat limited experience under their belt, there are other home warranty companies that have more experience in the home warranty service industry.

No Mobile App

Currently, there is no mobile app for Sears Home Warranty. This would be helpful for them to work on so customers can request services from their mobile device without having to call or get on a desktop.

Negative Customer Reviews

The majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, giving the home warranty company a low star rating. Common themes throughout the reviews are poor customer service, slow repair time, and inadequate technicians. With such poor customer reviews, we recommend looking into other home warranty providers—ones with satisfied customers and positive reviews.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its warranty services and products since 2014. Customers enjoy their 24/7 customer service and exclusive benefits that are included with the warranty you purchase. Sears Home Warranty works to provide homeowners peace of mind that their appliances will be taken care of in the case that malfunctions or defects occur through normal wear and tear.

Additionally, Sears Home Warranty covers unknown pre-existing conditions in its service contract. However, negative reviews highlight poor customer service, slow repair service, difficult claim process, and inadequate technicians. Sears Home Warranty might need to improve these aspects of its business before it is a good choice for home warranty service.

We recommend researching other top home warranty companies that have positive feedback to ensure you find the best home warranty company for you.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.1

Clarence E Terry Chester, VA

Sears has horrific service! My 85 year old mother has been trusting Sears over 50 years. Her refrigerator broke down two months ago and I am still fighting though red tape to get it repaired or replaced. I have called back 8 to 10 times and have gotten nothing but empty promises. It is absolutely the worst customer service that I have ever received. It's sad that my 85 year old mother has to go without adequate refrigeration especially knowing that she paid for the Master Protection Plan in full and has been covered for years. I see why Sears is no longer respected in the retail industry. I will never patronize Sears again and hope they cease operations.

1 day ago

Judy Bucholtz Bonney Lake, WA

Its easy to schedule an appointment online. However sometimes the wait is longer than I'd like. The technicians are friendly and respectful. We had 3 appliances break down in a 2 week period. Optimum Appliance did a great job accessing the problem and fixing my oven sensor and dryer sensors. Our Bosch dishwasher technician told us nothing is wrong with the dishwasher, so we rescheduled for 3/22. At that appointment he thought we need a new motor & ordered the part. Our next appointment to install is on 4/9. Wish it was sooner as we are dealing with a dishwasher that isn't cleaning well. It is very difficult to get a customer service representative on the phone.

Shoe Topeka, KS

The service for replacement on an HVAC is awful!!! After 6 calls and 2 1/2 hours on the phone, the best that I could understand was that it will be 5-12 days before a decision of coverage can be made. The Sears tech said that the unit was unsafe and needed replaced immediately!!! You will speak with non US based phone center so there is a language barrier. The warranty itself is ok, but trying to get services on the warranty is torturous

Herb King Weatherly, PA

I used to have appliance warranties with SEARS when the company was Sears and not some group using the name. I signed up for this appliance warranty when my washer needed repair and that went well, along with a small repair to my second fridge. I have been since 8-27-20 without the main refrigerator/freezer working properly. After a few service calls replacing parts the last tech stated the parts were no longer made or available and they would be checking into replacing the unit. Received an e-mail over a month later from Cinch showing a similar unit that would be available on 4-2-21 or they would give a check for about half what would be needed to replace the unit. 4-2 came with no contact. Multiple times tried to contact Cinch with no response. Contacted sears repair again and they stated replacement unit could be available 8-6-21, almost a year without a serviceable fridge-freezer. Agent agreed this was too long and has promised to look into alternatives and they will get back to me. Still waiting. Looking into what agency in my state handles claims against an organization like this.

Jan El Dorado Hills, CA

Bought an extended warranty on my Kenmore washer. Granted it is an older front loader but a very good model as one technician stated. I would renew at each 3 year interval. Warranty states they will repair or replace. When my washer stopped working on 1/26/21, I was assured that they would repair it. Now is day 91 without repair nor replace. I have called them repeatedly without resolution. It appears there is no end to this. Case 7088724.

Suzanne Andes, NY

I can’t even give them a single star, they should not be in business and I feel sorry for the people who fall for their advertising. After six months, lost days of work waiting for techs that don’t show up, and continuing to pay their monthly fee just to get a job completed, I still don’t have a working oven. And despite their advertising, they refused to replace the unit they are unable to fix.

Sheri M Bellville, OH

DO NOT PURCHASE - Called Sears to have treadmill serviced paid for service call and while serviceman was here he sold us a home warranty. Within one week - treadmill didn't work called again serviceman came out said he couldn't fix it and charged for service call. Fine. First call to use warranty came four months later to have outside faucet fixed. Paid $100 for repairman to come out. He informed me that because it was outside it was not covered. I was not told it would not be covered when I called - but Sears got my money. I paid to have the faucet fixed. Called to cancel warranty because I felt I was paying too much for nothing. Next month charge was on credit account. Called again was told couldn't cancel until outstanding bill of $135 was paid. Back and forth finally I said fine I will pay it if that it is what it takes to cancel. So Sears was paid 2 times to service treadmill and it still doesn't work, first time trying to use warranty did not pay anything, finally cancelling warranty cost me additional money.

Roberto R Paramus, NJ

Avoid this Company! I have been paying my premiums since 2017 for a whole house warranty and they renewed yearly. Their salesmen are very slick and convincing when I signed up. When my steam heating boiler finally needed repairs this year, their technicians declared it to be unrepairable and will need to be replaced. All these times, I thought that the warranty will cover (up to 50K) as per their 2017 contract, which I kept. I was surprised when they stated will not replace the unit and instead cut me a palty check which I think, cannot even pay for 20% of the replacement cost. Avoid them and take your business elsewhere. They will not honor their contract and when I called their warranty company to appeal, they were rude and very nasty. I am so disappointed with them. In this age of social media, it would be hard to find customer reviews about them as most would be very negative reviews.

Tracy Czurak Tyler, TX

Biggest mistake I've ever made! They want my service fee up front and service tech argued he wanted my service fee and wouldnt leave my house without it. Cinch service that Sears uses was a nightmare from hell. One call was over an hour waiting and being transfered over and over for a total one day of close to 2 hours long. They have no idea what they are doing and couldnt understand anything I was explaining. They turned down 3 of my appliances saying they were preexisting while the service tech told me he had ordered the part and one was a buy out. Sears says no this isnt true they werent giving me a buyout or repairing. I asked then why did he put freon in my frig until he ordered the part. Sears refused to explain. A lady called me back to ask why I called in more than one item as if 2 things couldn't possibly go out at once. They would not pay for any repairs. I asked the service tech about Sears and he said he has NEVER EVER seen them replace any appliance before. He agreed they were the worst warrenty company out there. I def. agree!

Dalia Cotton Sacramento, CA

If I could give it zero stars I would because one star is too generous! I agree with all the other people who have given bad reviews of Sears Home Service. They are ripping us off left and right and something needs to be done about it. They are not SEARS! They are using the name, but they don't embody the values of the SEARS I used to know. Stay away from their home repair service. They will send a person to look at your appliance (washer in my case), he will say there is nothing wrong with it, ask you to pay $129 and then leave. Then, you find the same problem exist and the next appointment is 3 weeks away only to be told the day before that the technician quit and they will call you back to reschedule. Then, they don't call you so you call them and it's another 4 weeks before you can get someone out. So now, you are looking at 10 weeks (2 1/2 months) without the use of your washer. That is ridiculous!

Robin ,

Sears Whole House Warranty is a ripoff. An 8 year old inexpensive Kenmore washer which had a 5 year Sears extended warranty followed by 2.5 years of the Sears Whole House Warranty cannot be repaired, because, as the technician said, it is old and inexpensive and now the cost of the repairs are greater than the value. And they only last about 7 or 8 years. Sears refused to authorize even one dime toward replacement cost. I've paid automatically every month $73 for 2.5 years. I have not had any appliance repairs, only the maintenance on the ac and furnace. What's the point if when Sears cannot repair they do not replace as they pretend they will do? Or even pay for part of a replacement. I'm done with Sears, there are other home warranty plans out there and they cost HALF what Sears charges. Furthermore, this process took 3 weeks, from making the appointment to waiting for the technician to submit the paperwork, to waiting another week for the authorization which was denied. And I had to babysit this problem every step of the way. There was no email, text or phone call from Sears. Goodbye Sears!

Yolanda Richards Rochester, NY

They lie to you from the start to get a sale and the customer service reps clearly are from another country and don't care about your issues. They make sure when you initially purchase the warranty you speak to an employee that live in the United States.

Bruce Taylor Gays Mills, WI

Absolutely the WORST scheduling system ever experienced to date on the Web and their phone interface is even below that. Have spoken to 4 different people who have routed me to multiple groups and then back to the Web site. Have burned almost 3 hours during the past 2 days and still unable to set a service date. Always trusted Sears services but no more. Clearly no respect for their subscribers and will cancel as soon as possible.

Olga Slinko Houston, TX

Total SCAM. Had terrible experience trying to have them to fix my refrigerator. 5 weeks and several hours on the phone - still no working refrigerator in my house. Was trying to cancel the warranty. Apparently I owe them more money. Few hundred dollars down, with no service ever provided (except customer service on the phone, what promise you to escalate, check the status, etc). DO NOT let yourself into this situation. Waste of money and time. Not worth even a penny

LJM Caldwell, NJ

We have had Sears warranties on our appliances for years. I called with a claim on our washer in February, 2021. They scheduled a repairman for February 25th. I waited all day. He never showed. I have called the company and "Live Chatted" on their website almost everyday since. You can't get through on their phone line. I have been put on hold over an hour each time. No one picks up. Their "Live Chat" sends you the same script every time - they are sorry and they will "escalate" your complaint. They say someone will call you back within 24 to 72 hours. No one has called. EVER. They give you the same phone number repeatedly. It's a recording. There is no human on the other end. IT'S A SCAM. They take your money and NO ONE SHOWS UP. NO ONE CALLS BACK. We paid for this warranty in September, 2020. It's not even a year old. It's pretty clear someone has bought the name "Sears" and they have no intention of fulfilling their obligations under their contracts. THIS IS A FRAUDULENT BUSINESS.

Debbie Ciolli Melbourne, FL

This Should be a Negative 5 Stars because the Scam & the Fraud they Commit Should be Illegal & There Should be a Class Action Lawsuit Against them. They Use Tactics as If this was a Shell Game. Find the "Company" We're Operating Under & Using to Charge & Scam Customers & All the While Even With Customers Cancelling, by Writing, Calling, Emailing & Posting about their All Too Familiar Conduct is Nothing Short of Appalling & Is Criminal. I have Filed a Complaint with the AG in Florida & I'm Hoping others will find the Time to Do the Same, because these "Set" of Co's mainly Sears, Counts on You being Too Busy to Do Anything about this Sham. They first of All Since People Trust the Sears name, if they have an issue & Ask for a Technician or a Call to Repair an Appliance they Send a Very Savy although Slimy "Repair" Technician Who Knows Nothing about what You really Need & Only have Selling On their Mind. Selling You a Warranty, so they All have Monthly Income & Of course Commissions. It Is what this is All About. I say Slimy because that's what "kind" of technician came to Our home. It was during the Height of Covid, he came in with No mask then bragged about Needing to be done with Our Call so He & His Wife could Get to the Casino's. We Live in Florida but He was going to L/Vegas. He said, He went All the Time. I Felt like although he Could Not, of course Repair our Refrigerator, He Attempted to make it "look" like We Needed parts & Btw, He Says, If You BUY this Warranty it'll Save You 50% on This Call & everything else. I Told Him, I Never Trust Warranties because, they're Only as Good as the "Company" who Sells them & he said, Oh I know, Sears has had a Lot of Problems but We restructured & now it's "better". I said, well Not BUYING a Warranty until I See if You're Coming back to Fix this one Repair, He said, Oh I'll Be Back. Of course, when the "time" Came for the Call back, & Appt, We get an email during the early am hours Telling us, Your Appt. Must be Rescheduled. They gave another 2 weeks out, & tada, that One also was Cancelled, By Sears Not By Us. This happened 3 Times, & We had No refrigerator in the meantime except for 1 we purchased for the garage so we Could Save some of our Food. Now, once I received an email with them confirming The Warranty We..Purchased I Immediately Used the # & the email I had, to Cancel. I Called, since could Not get to speak to a human & Once I did get 1 on the phone I Told her what I was trying to do, She Literally Said, GOOD LUCK. Now, it's since August of 2020, We've been Charged $69.99, they've Never attempted to repair anything & I've Cancelled or Attempted to several times, through Mail, Email & Phone. They Still Charge Our C/Card. I have Disputed it Every month, every month my C/C agrees with me to Dispute & Every Single Month, Sears Fights the Dispute & Sends Same Documentation which Amounts to Absolutely Nothing more than a Document that They claim is Proof We Bought their Warranty. I Cannot Figure out Any Other way to CANCEL. They know Full well, We've Cancelled them & Yet they Continue to Try & Scam that $69.99 per month, I'm Still Fighting & Will Continue but they COUNT on others Not having the Time to Do this. They're getting away with this because there are multiple "Company Names" Involved & Probably no ones has figured out How to File a Complaint that Actually Gets to the "Correct" Company that's responsible. There's a Cinch & Sears Whole Home & Sears CCS & Actually I found another name on some docs "they've" Sent to Our C/Cd Company, but cannot locate it as I'm writing this. But, this Is Exactly how Sears & Other Co's End Up Defrauding "their" unsuspecting Customers, by It Being an Actual Shell Game trying to "Find" The Correct Co. to File a Suit or Complaint Against. They Failed as a Retailer & they've Trying to make $$$ On Monthly Charges for Absolutely NO WORK, NO Repairs, & The Reasons they continued to Give Us for Needing Reschedule? They had NO Technicians in Our Area. We Are Not a Rural Area, We Are a Very Busy County on the Space Coast of Florida. THEY Cannot Supply a Service, But, They Sure Can SELL A Worthless Warranty to Make Them Enough $$$$ To Stay in the Business of...Selling Not Servicing, or Repairing Anything.

Jane McKlveen Chesapeake, VA

What a joke. save your money. I have the whole home warranty. Whenever they come out to look at the AC unit they say it is fine. It isn't. I had another company come out to look at it and i need $5000 worth of repairs. I checked and they are correct. When I tried to call sears about it I stayed on hold for over an hour. I get through to the department and they say I have come through to the wrong place. over and over again. I am paying $80 a month for nothing. I had a repair technician out to look at the dryer. He was a third party contractor and he told me straight up that the warranty wasn't worth it. According to Sears - the machine can be falling to pieces - have holes in the casing - doesn't do half the things it is supposed to, but if it blows hot air and the drum turns then they say it is fine and they will not cover repairs. The same technician told me that if the AC broke then clients tell him that they end up paying thousands in uncovered repair fees because Sears doesnt cover anything.

Pete M Vernon Hills, IL

They don't adhere to their written warranty. Their welcome letter says: "You can look forward to comprehensive coverage, 24/7 support, and a 180-day workmanship guarantee on all repairs." I needed to schedule repeat work that was initially completed 100 days ago and their warranty personnel tell me they'll only honor 90 day guarantees. When I read their welcome kit intro back to them, they couldn't respond with anything other than how they need to charge me for the work. Although, they did tell me they couldn't find a copy of that email because they have so many departments that it can't be found. This is very telling, any company who doesn't have a single source to maintain all customer data in one platform is horribly disorganized. After being on the phone with them for 1 hour and 31 minutes was time I will never recover. Thanks for nothing Sears I can't believe I am the only customer they are doing this to and based on the reviews, I can tell I'm not. I even went ahead and told them by not adhering to their written guarantee, is illegal. Unfortunately it's not worth pursuing in court individually but a class action suit would definitely get their attention. Whatever you do, don't do business with them.

Kelley Malla Redmond, WA

This is a great place to vent frustrations against Sears Home Warranty, especially when they make you feel like you are crazy and have no control over them. However, if you FILE A COMPLAINT, you should see some ACTION on your claim. Legally, they MUST respond within 15 days of receiving notification of your complaint. After months of getting the runaround, I filed a complaint and within 2 days I had a case manager contact me to resolve the problem. The case manager was helpful and efficient, nothing like the overseas customer service (ha!) reps that I'd gotten before.

Kenneth Carriere, MS

They claim they dnt depreciate your merchandise.. they just refuse to work on it. Per the tech they are not even Sears! Sears filed bankruptcy some years back and these guys have legally adopted the name and reputation fooling everyday customers like you and i. We pay the hi monthly note and deductible thinking we are backed by a reputable company only to find out they are not who they say they are and will find every reason in the book to not honor your contract!!!!

Dolores Rothwell ,

This is my second complaint about the same appliance and it only gets worse. A coupon for a $75 credit on a service call was not honored. It was charged to my credit card Dec. 4 and after many emails and phone calls I was given the credit today. Unable to repair my microwave/convection oven (after 4 service calls)I was offered a MICROWAVE ONLY oven or $326. I took the money and said I wanted to cancel the contract. The person I spoke to today said that if I cancelled the contract they would charge me $269. There is nothing in the contract that says you can't cancel. I had the option of being charged $269 or continuing to pay the contract until June at a discounted rate ($43.99 instead of $53.99). It is cheaper to pay the monthly amount but I think this is highway robbery. I would warn everyone not to buy the Sears Home Warranty.

xiaohong dou Cypress, TX

I had five services from Sears for my Kenmore Elite refrigerator. The refrigerator stopped cooling half years ago. First service shown up, without any diagnosis he replaced 5 major parts. Since some are still in warranty period. I paid $647.86. After two months, it stopped cooling again. I called service. Without no diagnosis, service said no enough refrigerant, so added some more. One month later I saw an error message showing on the refrigerator door. I called service. Without any diagnosis, the service said one of fans was bad, which will cost $860 to fix it. I said no and did some research by myself. After unplug the power and waiting for 48 hours the error disappeared. I saved $860. A couple of days ago it stopped cooling again. I called service four time. Again without any diagnosis, the service said one of the evaporators is leaking, which will cost $830.02 to fix. Meantime, he removed the dyer and let it unattached. Today the last service shown up and said I have to pay $620 to let him put a new dyer in and add refrigerant in before performing any diagnosis. I am speechless and finally fired Sears service

Rhonda Webb Houston, TX

Sears is a big joke, they only care about the money. I scheduled a repair of my refrigerator and it took me 3 weeks to get a repair date. They told the company i was not home there were no cars in my driveway. My vehicle was in garage my husban8d was at work. When i tried a 2nd time i was transferred many times with the repair service and over a course of multiple phone calls to verify appointments and time (which i had a service contract number) i was told they had no repair service for me. Finally a lady with a different repair service dug for a day and a half and i finally got an appointment. I have called ti cancel my contract but they say unless inpay 500.00 up front they cant cancel and will still deduct my monthly fee until October. They were not concerned how their service contractor handled my situation and did not care. She read a thing that said agreed to keep my policy and pay and when i told her i woul not agree to this she got angry. It was really hard to understand she had a deep accent. I was on the phone for 48 minutes and 32 seconds. And had been transferred 5 times and put on hold each time. I just wanted no more Hassel with this company

Christine Green Bay, WI

I bought the warrantee. Lots of great promises. My dishwasher began to smell of smoke about two months later. I called. Very complicated to get ahold of anyone. Then the person came on after a very long wait. Later the next day I was contacted because "No provider found" Then I was told I would have to search and call around and ask service companies if they would take my job then pay for it and then they would pay me back. WOW I thought as a single parent of a special needs child I was in vesting in something that would make my life easier. It is a fraud presented as being related to Sears. It is not.

Dolores Rothwell ,

I won't even give Sears Home Warranty one star. My Kenmore convection/microwave doesn't not work. I have had four service calls, a number of replacement parts, hours of phone calls, almost 40 emails and still no satisfaction. I pay $53.99 a month and I was charged $75 for a service call which was to be reimbursed. Submitted a coupon for a free service call on December 4 and still haven't received credit. Now am to receive a free service call to let me know whether they will try to repair (again) the convection oven or give me a replacement. I have never had so many problems with a warranty.

C Ro Chicago, IL

I really wish I would of found this site before I fell for this warranty and began their contract. First of all, I received my welcome warranty packet after the 30 days you have to cancel the warranty without penalties or to receive full refund! How convenient!! I recently called them to put in my first claim for our front load washer and they are claiming because it falls under "structural" on their end they're not approving my claim. Additional to paying a monthly fee of $50 you also have to pay a deductible of $75 due up front before the technician is sent to your home. The tech they sent stated our washer is not cost effective (our washer was purchased about 9 years ago) but we have always maintained it prior to this warranty we had Sears Warranty which was AMAZING! unlike this one you have to do the run around its all by third party! This is not through SEARS they are using the name since its well known! I agree with another review I read if I could give them 0 stars I would, I would even go as far as giving them a NEGATIVE 5. If you are like me and look for reviews before purchasing and had trouble finding this one .. I believe they don't allow their negative reviews to be found in order to continue in business other than that I don't understand how such a company in still in business!! Do your research and DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY !! ONE MORE UPSET CUSTOMER ADDED ON THEIR LONG LIST!!

TDG La Porte, IN

Sears Home Store in Knox Indiana. Expedited the service call and on June 3rd late afternoon my craftsman 8400 pro series was repaired and all is working well. Contacted Sears Home Warranty May 30, 2020 about my Craftsman 8400 pro series riding mower which I paid a little over 4000.00 including a 3 year warranty. I was told by the person I would be contacted within 48 hours. I never heard back so I called after 48 hours and was disconnected. So I called the Sears home Store in KNOX Indiana where I purchased mower from. The man was able to get me a appointment for technical service to come out. The service technician will not arrive for 3 weeks!!!!!! I am disabled, my wife has to use a push mower .... We have 1 1/2 acres that need to be mowed weekly. This is completely unacceptable after paying 4,000.00 for this mower. I am contacting local tv stations for buyers beware. This mower was purchased May 28, 2019 and well maintained with oil changes, air filter change and using the appropriate gas. The mower will not move forward or backwards and does not appear to have a broken drive belt.

KARY M LAU Cerritos, CA

In the last month I have been charged $100 deductible for techs to come out and to only state that the problem with the appliances is not covered. I am also charged $69 a month which I plan to cancel this rip off warranty!

Benny Newark, DE

I have been buying Sears protection Plans forever and when I bought a home this was a no brainer. When looking at some of the reviews it is evident people are just impatient. Not all, but when an appliance breaks, your not the only customer and waiting a couple of days is not bad, especially since your saving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on the repair. They aren’t magicians that wave a wand and same day things are fixed. Their process is simple, text updates about appointment and updates morning of and when your the next stop. In my area the techs are great and they have different technicians for different appliances. So far I have had preventive maintenance checks, both same guy and he was awesome and knew his stuff and walked me through everything he was doing while telling me best practices to best maintain my furnace and AC. I also had my washer break and they could have ordered the parts but it was cheaper to cut me a check for a new one, or they offered me a comparable model with the same features. Now I will say I take good care of my stuff and I have seen some bad stuff in 11 years of retail. If you take care of it and it’s not misused, everything goes smooth. Most people on here manhandle and don’t care for their stuff and the are they ones upset when claims are denied. Read manuals and operate as should and there will never be issues with plans like this. Chose sears because of how big their fleet of technicians are, how long they have been doing it, they cover more then any other plan I could find, high per year/ per job cap, can cancel anytime, I have nothing but praise for this plan and for 69.99 and how much I’m out of town, this plan keeps me at ease that if anything happens it will be taken care of.

Sean C. Cincinnati, OH

I reluctantly signed up for Sears Home Warranty because the horrible experience I had with TotalProtect Home Warrant (Total Reject). Just had an issue resolved within a week with my furnace. After submitting a claim a tech scheduled next day service. Savings HVAC LLC replaced the control board that same day. The control board did not fix the problem and they determined the furnace needed to be replaced. I expected problems and a fight only to find I was offered the option pay the difference for a more efficient furnace. Completely painless and very little effort. If I had to point out anything negative about the entire experience was the 2 day wait on the new furnace. Well worth the wait and I'm extremely pleased with the entire process. Mind blown!!!

Andrea Walker Keller, TX

I'm not even sure now this is not qualified as a scam. We have had them out twice now, both times they said the warranty doesn't cover the issue. They sent out a plumber who tried to charge us 1300 dollars on top of the 100 we paid just for him to spend 5 minutes looking at it, to replace a pipe. We got a second opinion and the pipe did not need to be replaced, it needed to be snaked from the inside. It only cost 200 dollars. These people are running a con job and you should save your money.

Bill Ireland Indiana, PA

TERRIBLE. I wish there was a lower rating I could give them. Service people are incompetent. What they jokingly call customer service is completely worthless. They make it sound great during the sales pitch. That is the last positive interaction you will have with this outfit. They stretched me out past additional billing dates just trying to cancel the membership.

BOB CATHEY Okeechobee, FL

Nightmare!! Purchased convection microwave and then home warranty. Long story short!! Called on microwave repair 5 different times. Finally said they woul replace it. That was last April 2020!! Called numerous times, get people with no English skills keep saying on way. This is January 2021 still no contact from them little loan the microwave!!! DONT WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

Lora Thomas Denton, TX

I request a repair for my dryer December 1, 2020. A repairman came and said a part was needed and sears Home warranty would be contacted to ok the order. Three phone calls later we gave up. I ordered the part on line and my husband watched a you tube and installed it himself. This was the third time I have had a problem with Sears Home Warranty since September 2020. And they still owe me $150.00 for 2 deductible payments made with no service performed. Dealing with them on the phone was anxiety producing, PTSD igniting and blood pressure raising. If you have a heart condition do not even try to communicate with this company.

Brenda L Heuing Columbus, OH

As with so many others I read about, I too would give Sears zero stars if that option were offered. Absolutely, DO NOT pay for a Sears Home Warranty. I can't even begin to tell you the horrors I've experienced with their customer service team. To give you an example, I was told a service technician was on his way to repair my dishwasher. After waiting 5-1/2 hours I finally phoned Sears and was then told that the tech called off sick early that morning. So, they outright lied to me. I'm on my third reschedule now. Each time they come up with an excuse why the tech can't make it. It's going on 1-1/2 months now. Inexcusable. Don't be duped into purchasing their warranty plan. You'd be better off buying a new appliance. The aggravation is not worth it.

Casey Merrill Washington, DC

Liars. Did I say Liars? Liars. Got a repair done. Let's say it cost $500. Was told I could cancel any time before the end of the 1 year warranty period and that the cost of the warranty would be deducted from the cost of repair. So I thought, well at $50/month as long as I don't cancel before 10 months passes (having paid $500 into the warranty) then I might as well get the warranty rather than pay for the repair. This is an absolute lie!!! Don't fall for it!!! The amount that you pay towards the warranty **will not credit against the original cost of the repair** All costs included, I ended up paying 50% more than the cost of the repair, and only used 1/3 of my warranty. Had I paid and used the entire warranty I would have paid 70% more than the cost of the repair!!! They will not send you any information on the terms of the warranty until after you've already purchased it. They will only allow you to purchase the warranty within a certain timeframe after repair completion so that you cannot do your own research. They will lie to you on the phone, and dodge answering your questions. These are some absolutely shady business tactics and I am appalled that a reputable company like Sears would allow it. This is some crap out of a 1950s playbook and has no place in our modern era.

kustom steel Westminster, CO

Worst customer service worst warranty company been calling for months to get my oven fixed kept getting run around that all I have to do is update threw the wifi did that several times still didn't work finally got a technician to come out seemed like he didn't want to be there didn't listen to anything I said says it's working fine I told him that it comes up to temp it just shuts off finally after multiple times explaining the problem to him he says it needs a part to fix it they will send me the part and him or another technician will be back next week next week comes they cancel my appointment after I already took the day off work said reschedule next week next week comes same thing I have had an appointment and got it "rescheduled" 4 times and they keep saying oh next week I tried to cancel my membership and get refund but they say they can't due to an open repair order but I can't get anyone out to fix the oven and can't get them to refund my money company is a total joke don't care about customer service or experience just take your money and run stay away from sears don't buy any of their products or services waste of your time and money

Jeff Frost Los Banos, CA

Sears took 30 days to get a service technician to my house to troubleshoot a leak on my 5 year old KENMORE REFRIGERATOR. The Tech was not able to find the leak order condenser, heat exchanger, and mother board. 30 days later he came back and changed the parts out. Refrigerator leaked within a day and half. I called sears to have the service technician return to my house fix the unit which took another 30 days. He was not able to repair the leak and said the refrigerator non-repairable. Sear has not returned any calls since. So in short I’m out $49.99 a month and service call fee of $149.00 for the initial visit. In total $750.00 with a broken Kenmore refrigerator.

T S Billings, MT

The customer service is HORRIBLE. Been waiting 3 MONTHS to finish getting our refrigerator fixed and all the parts have been sitting at our house for 2 MONTHS!!!! They have pushed us out farther and cancelled our service appointments more than once! This company takes your money with NO RETURN OF SERVICE!!! Also, NEVER PAY IN CASH!!! Good thing I kept my receipt as they tried to say a previous bill was never paid and threatened to send to collections. However, I keep all my receipts, thank goodness! Sent those in and voila, all taken care of. Not only do they not want to do the actual service repairs, but they also try to make you pay twice for a job that is done! Completely ridiculous!

Kay Brooks Kent, WA

The reason I signed up for Sears warranty was that it was to be care fee if anything broke down. My dryer quit heating on the 1st of Sept. I called Sears and scheduled me for the 16 of Sept. On the 16th a service person showed up and said he needed to order parts and would get back to me the next week, that they had the parts. the next week came and went after several calls to them. They informed me that parts were on back order. after two months and several calls. Still with no dryer, they offered me a new dryer or $644.00. I took the new dryer thinking it would be the quickest way to get a dryer again . A week goes by and no dryer and no phone calls. So i call again and they say the dryer they offered me was not available. Well why did you offer it to me? So I did some research and Sears close to me had three of the same dryer in stock and I called a couple of service company's and they could get the parts. So I call Sears Warranty (Cinch) and told them I had found a dryer and I also found a place to get the parts and could they just contact either one of them and get me a dryer. They said no they could not do this. Will everyone claims this is because of the pandemic will my thing if we are claiming this pandemic why can't we step out of the box and do a little more for our customer instead of this is our policy and we can not do anything else. So after waiting all this time I took the money and had my dryer fixed with in the week. So what good is a warranty? Also I tried canceling the warranty and I get lip from the agent about they have to charged me another month and she was rude and the phone connection was horrible. This to me is not customer service in any form.

Susan Brackett West Baldwin, ME

I am going with one star because a negative star rating is not given as a choice. Avoid this company at all costs. It’s very easy to enroll and they make collecting your monthly payments extremely easy. Those are the only easy things about this unprofessional group of people. We have had nothing but bad experiences when trying to get them to live up to the claims they make in your welcome package. There’s absolutely no access to any kind of a professional person you can speak to, just representatives that are masterful at stonewalling good honest people. Our story is long and unbelievable, just heed the warning!!! We will not be renewing the agreement, and will be contacting our credit card company to block these unscrupulous, dishonest people from collecting any more payments.

Beverly J Lingard Issaquah, WA

They don't show up for scheduled appointments. Often cancelling the day of the appointment because they dont have anyone. My washing machine took so long for them to repair in flooded the house and they didn't not cover a dime of the expense of replace the Washing machine You are on hold on average of at least an hour to talk to someone and always get transferred. The hold music is horrible! When parts need order it takes forever to get them and than you have to wait until they have an appointment available. Whatever you do don't get a Warranty with Sears We have had them for 20 years plus but the last 2 years have been a nightmare dealing with them

candymanal Oconomowoc, WI

Had my water heater covered under the home warranty. When it recently began leaking, I called Sears. I was told that since they no longer carried 50 gallon Kenmore heaters. They would buy out my contract and pay me the cost to replace the existing one with plumber and installation charges. coming to $1,199.00. I sign ed the release and sent it back to them, via email as I was told. Then I was told to expect a check within 21 days. That was over a month ago and today, I received a phone call from Sears, stating that I can now go to any Sears store and they will replace my water heater. GREAT! What was I supposed to do? Wait a month without hot water? How stupid. I have emailed another copy of the release to the warranty dept. But still no word and no check. WTF. This is good business? An attorney would cost me the $1100, but now, it seems like this is the only route, that I have left. Is it any wonder, that these companies ate going under? Who would patronize these scum? If I could give them a minus 3 star rating, I would. Never deal with Sears, anywhere, or anytime. Make their death quick and relatively painless for everyone.

Max Ray Winston, GA

Repair of Kenmore side by side..I called on a Saturday..They scheduled me for the following Monday..Service man arrived and had it fixed in about 10 minutes!! Faulty relay!! Low and behold..Kenmore vent hood light socket went bad..On Saturday of same week..had repairman out within 2 hours..problem fixed..faulty socket.. YEAHHHH..shout out to Sears repair men!

Roger Gerstenberg Shelby, NC

I don't understand all the negative comments regarding Sears Home Warranty, guess I'm a lucky one. I have a policy for two years with several service calls and with the exception of a non covered part on a washing machine that I disagreed with, their service and repairs have been fine. They are pricey compared with others, however, take into consideration the spring air conditioner and fall heat pump checkups that are included in the contract, they are not out ol line. We play by the rules, and have ( to date ) have no problems. The plus for us, they do not have a age limit on covered items.

NeverUseSearsHomeWarrantyEVER Milford, OH

SEARS Home warranty is NOT even true! This is a separate company that operates autonomously! Customer support is in South/Central America somewhere and they are TERRIBLE, AWFUL, Horrible!! Do NOT use this company, ever!

Jodie L Greene Camillus, NY

Customer service is horrible, it is extremely difficult to get through to anyone and they NEVER HAVE ANYONE IN YOUR AREA. Instead of just paying the deductible like other home warranties ive had in the past, they have you contact a provider, have the provider call when they are at your house, give an estimate, AND THEN you submit a receipt to them and fight to get your refund back. DO NOT RECOMEND.. switching back to AMERICAN HOME SHIELD, theyre not perfect, but a 100% better than this company!

Aimee Murry Ellisville, MS

Awful, awful, awful....I almost went insane just trying to make an appointment through the automated hell before being handed off to some poor soul that did not speak English well and could not understand me, nor I her. Needless to say, no one showed up for the appointment and I was sent an automated call to once again schedule another appointment through the automated hell system. FYI, this happened multiple times before I wasted another hour just trying to find someone who would cancel my service. Never again, Sears, never again.

Glenda Harris Belleville, IL

They had me on hold for 4 non consecutive hours to fix a problem that began six weeks ago, and they still have not responded. They were supposed to call me last week and never did. When the repairman showed up 3 weeks after my initial call, he discovered the wrong control panel was in it, which could only have happened due to a previous service on that machine. Since Sears is the only service company I’ve ever used, it had to be them who did it. I’m still without a dishwasher to this day, six weeks later. I was also told by a repair man that there was nothing wrong with my clothes drier when it wouldn’t dry my clothes on the sensor setting. Another repairman said YES, the sensor was bad, but they weren’t being made anymore. At the very least, they should answer the phone in the warranty department, and return calls when promised. I know Covid has made things more complicated, but this is sincerely ridiculous. I’m shopping around now for a home warranty that gives you what you paid for. ANYTHING is better than this!

Jean Krumenacker Bear, DE

This has been a complete nightmare. Do not get sucked into their service. They came out in June to repair an icemaker. Waited 6 weeks for icemaker to come in. Then had to wait two weeks for them to come out. The icemaker was installed. Didn't work after technician left. Waited another two weeks for them to come out. They didn't show up. Had to call again to schedule another appointment. Apparently the icemaker was a dud. Had to order another icemaker. Another icemaker came in within a week. Had to wait another two weeks for technician. Installed and still didn't work. Must be the valve he said. Ordered. It is now six weeks later and no valve. Can't get an answer from sears. In the meantime they suckered me into the warranty at $69.99 a month but I had to keep for a year because they gave me 50percent off the labor for the icemaker. Just called to cancel the warranty and they charged me $150 the other 50percent from the icemaker install that still doesn't work. I've spent countless hours waiting for technicians, time on the phone that I can't get back. Beware beware beware do not use this service.