Sears Home Warranty Logo

Sears Home Warranty

Is This Your Business?

2.2

LAST UPDATED: September 21st, 2021

Sears Home Warranty has been offering their services since 2014. It is a single protection plan that can cover the repair or replacement of more than 20 major appliances and household systems. Sears home warranty coverage gives homeowners peace of mind by helping them to avoid the high cost of unexpected repairs and replacements on the appliances and systems they depend on every day. The home warranty is available in 49 U.S. states and has a variety of plans for homeowners to choose from. Unfortunately, the majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, demonstrating poor customer service as well as a multitude of other complaints. See Sears Home Warranty reviews below to read what customers have to say.

The Good

• Cancellation Fees and Contract Length
  • Coverage
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • High Claim Cap
  • Exclusive Benefits
  • Variety of Plans
  • Appliance Check-Up Packages

Cancellation Fees and Contract Length

Sears Home Warranty Company doesn’t charge cancellation fees if you decide to switch to another home warranty company. Also, with Sears, you are only required to sign an annual contract, which makes it simple to renew your contract on a yearly basis and not have a long-term commitment to a warranty policy.

Coverage

Sears has home warranty coverage for 49 of 50 states. Sears warranty covers almost the entire United States, making it simple to find a Sears warranty in your area.

24/7 Customer Service

Sears Home Warranty offers customer service for homeowners to get assistance and to submit a claim 24/7. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

High Claim Cap

Sears Home Warranty has a cap of $10,000 per claim, which is high for the industry. By comparison, coverage limits for most home warranty companies typically range from $500 to $2,000.

Exclusive Benefits

When you sign a service contract for a Sears Home Warranty plan, you are eligible for the following benefits:

• One heating and one cooling system maintenance check every year
  • Free 2-day shipping on tons of items from Sears and Kmart
  • 15% back in Shop Your Way points on all qualifying purchases
  • Discounted oil changes and tire rotations at Sears Auto Centers

Variety of Plans

Sears offers a variety of home warranty plans, making it simple for every homeowner to find the right coverage for them. Here is a list of each plan, their cost, and what major appliances and systems they cover.

Sears Appliance Plan: $49.99 per Month

• Electrical system
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door opener

Sears Whole House Plan: $69.99 per Month

• Everything in the Appliance Plan and the Systems Plan.

Add-on Coverage & Extra Benefits

• Pool and/or Spa with heater (heater limit $1,000)
  • Septic tank with pumping (pumping limit $500. Tank replacement limit $1,000)
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Appliance Check-up Packages

Sears Home Warranty offers appliance check-up packages where they inspect numerous systems and appliances at once so a homeowner doesn't have to make separate service calls for each one. Here are the appliance check-up packages that Sears advertises on their website:

• $99 laundry check-up
  • $149 kitchen appliance check-up
  • $199 kitchen $ laundry check-up

The Bad

• Sears Home Warranty Cost
  • Time in Business
  • No Mobile App
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Sears Home Warranty Cost

The average cost per year for Sears Home Warranty agreement is $719. Prices will range based on the state you live in and the type of warranty plan you choose. The average trade service fee for a Sears Home Warranty is $88. Sears doesn’t offer the most competitive prices compared to other home warranty companies that charge less annually and have lower service fees; the average annual cost for a home warranty ranges between $300 and $600. The cost of Sears Home Warranty may prove to be a problem for consumers who are looking for a more affordable option.

Time in Business

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its services since 2014. With somewhat limited experience under their belt, there are other home warranty companies that have more experience in the home warranty service industry.

No Mobile App

Currently, there is no mobile app for Sears Home Warranty. This would be helpful for them to work on so customers can request services from their mobile device without having to call or get on a desktop.

Negative Customer Reviews

The majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, giving the home warranty company a low star rating. Common themes throughout the reviews are poor customer service, slow repair time, and inadequate technicians. With such poor customer reviews, we recommend looking into other home warranty providers—ones with satisfied customers and positive reviews.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its warranty services and products since 2014. Customers enjoy their 24/7 customer service and exclusive benefits that are included with the warranty you purchase. Sears Home Warranty works to provide homeowners peace of mind that their appliances will be taken care of in the case that malfunctions or defects occur through normal wear and tear.

Additionally, Sears Home Warranty covers unknown pre-existing conditions in its service contract. However, negative reviews highlight poor customer service, slow repair service, difficult claim process, and inadequate technicians. Sears Home Warranty might need to improve these aspects of its business before it is a good choice for home warranty service.

We recommend researching other top home warranty companies that have positive feedback to ensure you find the best home warranty company for you.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.1

Christine Mullins Indianapolis, IN

Technician showed up on correct Time and Date to repair our Washer. Washer was repaired as expected. The Technician talked me into the Home Warranty, which in retrospect most of what I was advised by him was not true. Let the Technician talk me into getting our Dryer serviced\general Maintenance and cleaning. I made the mistake of not checking the Dryer before he left. Went to use it the next day and it would not start a cycle. All of the Dash lights came on, but none of the buttons\controls worked. After 4 HOURS of transfers, sorry please call another number only to be stuck in this repetitive cycle, I finally got ahold of someone that "tried" to help me because after nearly a half of a day of trying to get someone that would help me, I was in absolute tears out of sheer frustration- only to be told that we would have to pay another Service Call fee. Luckily, my Husband is very handy, he opened up the Dryer only to discover that two of the primary ribbon Cables had not been plugged back in by the Technician. Once he plugged them in, the Dryer worked like it did before the Sears Technician performed "maintenance\cleaning" on it. So I cancelled the Service call that we would have had to pay another Service call Fee for due to their error and have since cancelled my Sears Home Warranty. THEY WILL NOT HONOR THEIR WORD. DO NOT TRUST THE SEARS HOME WARRANTY COMPANY OR THEIR REPAIR TECHNICIANS.

Jonathan Cross Bellevue, WA

Customer service is *terrible*. Stay away! I've had 3 appliances break, each time it took weeks to get someone out to inspect the problem, more time for parts to arrive, and I still end up paying out of pocket a fair amount. I've spent hours on the phone navigating automated menus, getting transferred back and forth and waiting on hold. My last case was my fridge, and after 10 days and $75, I'm informed that the broken compressor isn't covered by Sears Home Warranty because it's covered by the manufacturer warranty (which is also handled by Sears, but a different department!) Meanwhile I've lost most of my food and been severely inconvenienced.

Tricia Middleton The Bronx, NY

We have been with sears home services for well over 15 years and since they've filed bankruptcy the quality has gone downhill. Our washer has been broken for well over 3 months and we have the warranty. The first repair technician said he would have to order 5 parts to repair the machine. We waited nearly 3 weeks for parts, once they arrive we contacted customer service who informed us more parts will need to be shipped out. Again, another 2 weeks. The parts arrived and we have an appointment scheduled, the technician never showed, so we contacted customer service only for them to say we never called them THEM to confirm if we would be home....WAIT! COME AGAIN? If we made the initial appointment with you and set a date and time, why do we have to call and confirm an appointment? Isn't that supposed to be the other way around???? Fast forward nearly a month later, the washer is still broken with a mountain of parts sitting on top of it! Today, 9/15/21, the tech comes out (lovely individual by the way) and lets us know that the amount of work needed for this repair requires two men and the job cannot be completed with him alone. He even went as far as reaching out to individuals on his end to rectify the situation. HOWEVER!!!! THE WASHER IS STILL BROKEN AND AT THIS POINT A NEW MACHINE NEEDS TO BE PROVIDED IN ITS PLACE!!!! This household has well over 7 individuals in a multi family home, nearly $150/week to wash clothes!!! THIS IS OBSURD, WHY ARE WE PAYING FOR THIS SERVICE IF REPAIRS AREN'T FULFILLED????....SEARS, TAKE ACCOUNTABILITY AND FIX THIS WASHER OR REPLACE IT! PS...THE NEXT APPOINTMENT WE CAN RECEIVE FOR A TWO MAN REPAIR IS OCTOBER 4TH....YES I DID SAY IT WAS 9/15...ANOTHER MONTH REALLYY!!!!???

Lisa R Ulloa Colorado Springs, CO

I have had my home warranty since 2017 and have had my furnace serviced and my washing machine and dryer repaired since I have had the warranty and they have been nothing but EXCELLENT for me…. The techs were very knowledgeable and got the repairs done without problems!!! No problems with scheduling appointments either!!! I would recommend them without fail!!!

Kay S. Tucson, AZ

We have a Sears warranty for our dishwasher. It broke 3 months ago and we went through the process of receiving approval to have it replaced. We have been calling once or twice a week for over two months and every time they tell us that we have approval for replacement and that we will receive instructions for next steps within 2 business days. It never happens. Sometimes when we call they don't seem to know anything about our case and they transfer us several times to people who say we have been transferred to the wrong department. We are now giving up and we are going to buy a new dishwasher. We will never buy anything from Sears again.

Gaye Orr Raleigh, NC

If I could give no stars, that would be my score. I only bought the warranty to cover a free standing ice maker August of 2020 when the Sears repair company came to fix it. I was told the warranty would cover all the appliances including the ice maker. It broke down again in March of 2021. I went online to schedule an appointment and they came to evaluate. Ended up ordering 6 parts that were not installed for 4.5 months. It still didn't work. They were supposed to order 2 more parts. They never arrived. I continued to call getting the complete runaround. I was given multiple numbers to call and spoke to a lot of different people. Never got a straight answer. I was told someone would call me back or email me. Never happened. I got angry, frustrated and worn out on the whole matter. After 6 months, I finally got to speak to a "supervisor" and then a "manager" who told me the appliance was never covered. They do not know what their company is responsible for. Do not waste your money.

Gaius Gracchus Reno, NV

We have a Sears warranty for our dishwasher (Kenmore). It has been a problematic purchase - issues started after we'd owned it for only a few years. The last time it failed, it took 2 months for the Sears repair people to finally get it working. However, Sears was not 100% to blame. The issue is that the repair people are often incompetent, dishonest and downright lazy. We did finally get one that fixed it, but I will spare you the details of our multiple visits. Why the 4 stars? Because Sears did really try. They sent us compensation for our troubles and continued to send people out to resolve the issue. The Sears phone reps were polite and did their best to help us. The issue is that repair people *in general* are not very good. So even when you hire people yourself, you can run into the same issues we did. Sears did not give up and kept on top of it until our issue was resolved, in spite of the poor performance of some of the repair people.

joseph flores Scotts Valley, CA

They guaranteed if the could not repair our refrigerator, they would replace it! For 3 months they kept trying to replace our refrigerator with one that did not fit! Finally they offered a buy out with money that would not cover the price of a replacement!!! We are canceling our warranty as soon as we get the payment! Do not get this warranty service, they are horrible!

Anisha Blumenberg Silver Spring, MD

DO NOT GET THIS WARRANTY! They've sent 6 technicians to my house and NOT 1 could fix the problem with my refrigerator. I've spent nearly $300 so far on this plan, and not 1 item has been fixed. They're supposed to replace it if no one can fix it, and they're instead trying to continue sending technicians to try to fix it. I've now been trying to cancel for 2 months and I can't! I've been on hold for 16 minutes as we speak to attempt to cancel the plan again. It's a complete scam. They're now trying to charge an over $100 cancellation fee! Unbelieveable. They deserve to go bankrupt at this point as this is the worst plan and customer service I've seen in my life.

Patricia Younger Alexandria, VA

Had a warranty on my slide-in gas range. Approximately 60 days before the Thanksgiving holiday my oven stopped working. Contacted Sears and the process from Hell began. I had to schedule a repair appointment to pronounce my oven legally non-working due to a board in the range had gone bad and that board was irreplaceable. That took 3 weeks. Next I had to contact the claims department and wait on the paperwork to make it there before I could submit a claim - another week. When the paperwork was finally submitted, mind you I am calling through this process for updates -- no one is notifying me - not even a courtesy call, I was given 2 choices either receive a claim credit in the amount of $1163.00 towards a new range or request a replacement similar to what I had a GE Gas range slide-in #JGS760SELSS Stainless Steel and given 30 days to respond with my decision. I notified them within 48 hours of my decision. I choose the replacement because of its convenience. I was given a tentative delivery date within 30 days. 30 days came and went, so I called again and guess what, the paperwork hadn't left the claims office. Was told it should be passed along for delivery within 48 hours -- that I should contact the delivery company, J.B. Hunt, to schedule a delivery date. I gave them 1 week to forward the paperwork, call J.B. Hunt and they had no record of a delivery request. I'm calling everybody -- no paperwork. In the meantime Thanksgiving, Christmas, New Years came and went. No one called, sent email or postcard -- nothing. Then COVID! So buy the time I called back the first thing they wanted was for me to renew my warranty. So I asked what about my claim, somebody had the nerve to laugh! They said since I "cancelled" the warranty, my claim was voided!!! Unbelievable!!! People don't fall for this foolishness. My family have been a Sears customer since I can remember as a child in the 1960s and I felt because my Mother swore by them that I could depend on their customer service or the people representing them as well. All I can say is -- I am done!!!! If I could give the point of a star as a rating that would be too generous.

WILLIAM ZSCHOCHE Glencoe, MO

Words and stars are inadequate to describe the lousy customer service...I will cancel this warranty as soon as they fix my trash compactor. Do not buy into this warranty...you will regret it!

Tony G Woodworth, LA

Absolutely the worst company to deal with. DO Not use this company at all. I’ve waited two months to get my refrigerator repaired, service technician came out four different times to replace parts they ordered and then still could not fix it. Now they are saying it’s not covered. If you use them you will not be satisfied I promise.

sherri Stafford, VA

We have had this warranty plan for 8 years. They never come when you are told they are coming. They order parts when at your home when they already know what they need to fix it. Then come back weeks latter to fix it. i have been waiting 6 weeks to have my dryer fix. Don't use Sears....

buck Krusen Ellicott City, MD

I would not even give them a one star but that’s all allows me to do they change the contract without letting Without letting anyone know they take a vantage of senior citizens they have no one in the network to help you out then they drag you want for three months and then tire oh that’s not covered poor customer service will never recommend anybody use this service

Mel Get Potomac, MD

Could not give a 0 star, but that would be what they deserve. I have Sears Home Warranty for well over 6 years and when I put a claim for the first time (a microwave repair), I realized for what I have been paying for so many years. A complete waste of money. I put a claim two months ago and I am still making frequent calls with no success. I am done with them and I would not recommend it for anyone.

Premeileen Valverde San Jose, CA

Should have a zero point system. Waited for a 1-5 window, technician never showed up called several times. I had to call five times to customer service told me tech is 5 minutes away waited until 7:00pm. Not one call from anyone to say he just didn’t show up. Called 24/7 line said technician cancelled appt could not reach customer. Not only was no one going to compensate me for 7 hours of waiting there’s no integrity of this technician no customer service of such a large company. I called this tech texted him not once did he answer nor have courtesy to justify his actions. My first time calling for service washer. I had to reschedule again take 4 hours out of my day so in total loose a whole day a half salary… 2021 nothing has changed even with the best technology no ones accountable.

Janet Zamarripa Dallas, TX

If i could give them a negative zero I would! I am so mad at the moment. We have been out of our dryer since May 2021. Service couldn’t be done due to Covid exposure on our part, so we waited after 14 dys to schedule a service with Sears. The service provider came in June 2021 and went, parts ordered and parts received. We were told that after 14 dys they will return to finish job. The service follow up date arrived and they were a no show. This is when all this mess starts! Called to inform the Sears Protection Plan department of the no-show and got notified that the 2nd part was backed ordered and they didn’t have a set time. I thanked them for the non-updated call from them (I called them!) and they said to just wait. Since that call it’s now August 19, 2021. Have been calling every week since Mentioned last call above. I am not assigned a case number and my service is only assigned a “Task” without a number to be tracked. So instead of Sears keeping me updated with changes, I have to call them every Thursday morning for an update. This is the 3rd week that I get told that my account is going to be forwarded to the “Offline Department”. Which I was told 3 weeks ago they were suppose to call me with a final decision if I was going to get a refund (don’t know refund of what type & amount) or a replacement. I never received a call and that is why I called back 2 weeks ago and the associate I called said that my account was never forwarded to the department (?!). Obviously someone dropped the ball on their part! Well ok she assured me my account was now assigned a “Task” (no number) and will be forwarded to them. In the meantime, as soon as I got done with my weekly call to Sears Protection Department, I received an email from the Parts Department wanting the part sent to me returned to them. I agreed and was given instructions to do so. I set the package out as instructed and fast forward to present day, and such package is still under my care. I am babysitting this package all day and worried, while I’m at work, that it’s going to be snatched by a package thief. Today I made my weekly call to Sears Protection Plan Department and was notified that my account hasn’t been forwarded to “Offline Department”. Like WT!!! She took her notes and said she sent it to the “Offline Department” (apparently they are the ones deciding if I get a refund or a replacement and the amount of such). I am not assigned a case number and still am under a “Task”. I complained that this is costing me inconvenience, time & money to go to the laundromat. She did her “research” and got me $50 for “Laundry Reimbursement”. Mind you it’s almost been 3 months without my dryer! It’s sad how paying customers for the Service Protection (I paid for the 3-year Plan back in February 2021, and have been a paying customer for a Master Protection Agreement plan for 10+years) and Sears doesn’t uphold to their “Worry-free use” Guarantees: worry-free coverage, replacement guarantee, & service promise. Do not buy from Sears any sort of protection plan!!

Rosalind Harper Suffolk, VA

If I could give this rating a zero I would. Air condition went out, not only did it not get fixed, but I had to call 3xs to 2 different numbers at least 5xs each. No one, and I mean no one really help and constantly put it on the previous technicians. TO that end I had to get an outside company come fix it and had to pay out of pocket of something that should have been taken, care of by Sears. The property was sold and about 30 days later I get a bill from Sears for cancelation of the policy. I get a bill for $200.00. -AC not fixed. -No disclosure of cancelation fee - I hadto pay out of pocket for a repair that Sears should have covered out of my own pocket. - Had to call Sears over and over again because the problem was not fixed.

Thomasena McCallum Baltimore, MD

I had someone come out to check the appliance (refrigerator ) the was under Sears Home Warranty plan. A technician come out about 6 months ago to service the refrigerator for making a constant noise. Nothing was don. Now the noise is louder and the temperature in both side dropped. Ice cream is melting and the other side of the refrigerator is not keeping the food cold. It took forever to place a service call and you always take to someone that does not speak clear English and live in another country. I spoke to Stefany that was in Columbia. I should have investigate the company and read the reviews before giving money away. Awful, to have a company in business with so poor service.

Marchal JULY-BENNETT Chicago, IL

The service is not par. I was told I would have service 11August between 12 and 4pm I phoned at 2:03 and was told to wait for call. Call again (use to get contractor name and number no longer) was told the contractor would come 5:30 call service was told they would have service personnel assigned phone me direct. No phone call i called service they were closed at 7. NO ONE CONTACTED ME NO SERVICE. I CALLEDthe following morning was told service would be 3 September. Then was given different date 20 of August after speaking to the warranty department they said the service department lied the date will stand the 3September. The freezer was going out now the refrigerator is going out Have lost food and $75.00 which you use pay before scheduling an appointment. Before Sears will authorized for a new refrigerator it is at least 21 days after service has been made so they know withe at least 2 months without a refrigerator. I will need to buy a refrigerator and lose my 75 dollars and out of all the money I have payed into this scram. I am more than disappointed I am pissed.

Tabitha Irvin Dallas, TX

If there was a rating of zero (0) that is what I would give Sears Home Waranty. My 80 year old mom has a Home Warranty with sears. She requested a repair person to come for her refrigerator (Repair man came out June 14, 2021). She was told parts are needed. The parts were ordered. The service provider told us their policy is after 21 business days if the parts has not come in, they would advise Sears Home Warranty and she would be able to get a new refrigerator. We've contacted the service provider several times to make sure Sears Home Warranty knows it is over their time limit of the parts coming in. Every time we call Sears Home Warranty, they redirect us to the service provider. We have been going in a circle trying to contact Sears Home Warranty while my 80 year old mother still does not have a refrigerator. As of today 8/11/2021, it has been 42 business days since the part has been ordered. No one from Sears Home Warranty has contacted my mother and we have not been able to get a human on the phone from Sears Home Warranty. Can anyone advise how to make contact so that Sears Home Warranty can make good on a refrigerator for my mother. However, for anyone considering purchasing Sears Home Warranty, DO NOT PURCHASE!!

Xavier grad Bedford, TX

I wish I could give negative stars. I have had the service protection plan for my washer and dryer with Sears for a long time. Never had an issue. I recently called to make an appointment to fix my washer due to the bleach dispenser filling with water every time I wash clothes. Repair man came, ordered some parts, and set date of August 2nd to come back to install the parts. August 2nd came, but I never received a text or call saying the technician was on the way. Called "customer service" and was given the runaround. I discovered on my own that some of the parts are on backorder. I just called back today (August 9th) because I wanted to know when the parts will ship. Rep said October! This is unacceptable because I need my washer fixed. I asked for a manager, but I reached someone in the Philippines, so of course no manager available. I was transferred to a case worker, but was hung up on. I called back and got someone else in the Philippines who was equally as unhelpful as the first rep. I will call back tomorrow to hopefully reach someone in the US. I will not be renewing my service contract after expiration!

Julie Hand St Louis, MO

If there was a way to give 0 stars, I would. Our refrigerator has been broken for almost two months and I have made calls in an attempt to get repairs or replacement under our. protection agreement. I've been told several times that my case was placed in emergency status, that I'd receive a call within 72 hours, and even took a day off work to accommodate a repair service appointment - no one ever showed up and when I called back, there was no case number, no reference or record we'd ever called at all! The person we talked to actually told us that we'd have to call every couple days for at least a couple weeks to get a repair or replacement. When we reached someone who finally agreed to let us get a local repair person (because there is NO ONE from Sears available to do a repair in our area) we've been told that $500 is the cap to replace the compressor...which they KNOW is faulty and costs more than that to replace. We repeatedly asked to speak to a manager or supervisor, but were never connected. One of the reasons we purchased our appliances through sears is bc we thought it was a reputable company. We were wrong and I am astounded at the horrendous customer service, lack of accountability and general cowardice of this company. What a disappointment.

Angie Rennie Waldorf, MD

I have been with Sears for 2 years and initially there was no issue. However and more recently, Sears customer service is horrific. When you call their service number, you cannot understand a word the representatives are saying. The language barrier prevents you from conducting business. I have experienced reps providing incorrect information. They pass you from department to department. If your expectation is to get the run around, then sears is the company for you. They used to be a reputable company, BUT NOT ANYMORE. If you choose this company, you will be disappointed. If I had it my way, they would be put out of business!

KSG Chicago, IL

My refrigerator had been broken since November 2020. Instead of replacing the refrigerator they sent technician after technician during Covid. The techs pretend they were fixing it. They ordered one part over and over again. Sears did not honor its warranty. After the 3rd repair I was suppose to get a replacement they sent 3 techs every month for over a year. Sears trains and encourages it's reps to lie to customers. Sears reps read the same script over and over. Sears paid more techs to come then the price of the refrigerator. Sears corp know they are on their way out, and have no intentions on honoring any warranties or contracts. Sears shipped some of my purchases to California. I was a Sears for over 20 yrs. Sears corporate don't care about customer service or customer satisfaction. I will never in my life order a single thing from Sears. BEWARE if Sears altogether. Sears doesn't care about endangering lives with the techs they send to save money on honoring warranties.

Leslie Roberts Tyler, TX

My experience has been horrific. I have been trying to get my refrigerator fixed for three months. You can not find anyone in the United States to help you when you have a problem. The company Sears uses has sent the same person each time despite my plea to send another person and another company. He has stood me up twice and came at the wrong time another. When he did come he ruined my wood floors and they have not called back to fix them. Each time I had to call to get another appointment it was another two weeks. I called to cancel my warranty and get our money back to hire someone to fix our refrigerator and they said they would not give me my money back and may charge me a cancellation fee even though they did not fulfill their agreement. STAY AWAY FROM SEARS HOME WARRANTY. This has cost me weeks of time and money and untold frustration.

MRO Software Broomall, PA

The old "bait and switch". After trying to get my ice maker repaired for two months and two Sears Contracted Techs I was told by a Customer Service employee that "Sears Techs" do not come up as eligible for the repair. If I am not mistaken the contact states that if a Sears Tech is not available Sears will contract an outside repair service. When I purchase the warranty a Sears Tech explained to me that Sears doesn't contract any longer and all techs are Sears Tech and show up in a Sears van. Sears also calls the $75.00 fee a deductible. It's not, you must pay the $75.00 fee up front before they even schedule you. I canceled after I Googled the first contractor and the Googled showed "Permanently Closed" and an "F" rating by the BBB! When I rescheduled a second contractor I had to pay a second $75.00 (the refund takes so long I had to go to American Express and dispute the charge. If you ask some of these contractors where their main office is they will say they are "Mobile" meaning that they either operate out of a phone booth or their car. If you are smart don't even think about these clowns! Another first by the failing company!

Anne Kjemtrup Davis, CA

If I could give zero stars I would. We were talked into this by a technician who came out and claimed we needed a huge repair on our stove because it wasn’t lighting right. It took ONE month for the warranty ($50 ca-Ching!) to kick in and the technician who finally came out noted we just needed to wire brush our burners. He kindly looked at our fridge, said the fan was out and when we called a technician out for that they wanted an additional $75 (ca-ching) for the “deductible (watch out for hidden fees!!!!) if we made appointment online. So we called and tried to speak to a person since we already had the fridge looked at- they sent us to - no kidding- 6 different people and then they hung up on us! And when I called to cancel the worthless home warranty service they charged me an additional $120 (ca-ching ca- ching!) This whole experience - to basically have someone come with a wire brush to clean our burners, cost $220, not counting the monthly service fees. Run from this home warranty as fast as you would run from their ugly home siding products (never got sucked into that but I’ve seen them- yech).

Mrod65 Round Rock, TX

I’ve had nothing but bad experiences. I had to go find my own garage repair company because they could not find one. Then they would only pay for half the cost because they said some of the parts were not covered. As if we know what parts are covered!!! This should have been their responsibility to find someone and determine what parts are covered to determine what my expenses were going to be. Seers Home warranty has the worst customer service and no integrity. They do not deserve to be in business. It was a nightmare of an experience. I am in process of looking for another home warranty company so I can get the hell out of this one.

Ray Chung Northridge, CA

Buyer Beware! Make sure you get everything documented on what they are including in the warranty before you accept. My initial discussion was to confirm that the appliance would be fully covered and was initially informed that this would be the case. After submitting a claim, a technician came out and assessed the issue and determined that two parts needed to be replaced. They only approved one part of the piece, claiming that the other part was not covered due to it being electrical and not mechanical. They then referred to their policy document, which they don't actually send to you until about 3-4 weeks after you've already accepted their agreement so you won't be fully aware of their policy on what is and isn't fully covered from a documentation purpose, as the sales/membership rep may reflect otherwise during the call to close the deal. Also, based on the discussion I had as a follow-up when trying to check why I was indicated one thing and then the policy has something else, they don't have an answer other than it's in the policy and please read the policy. When asking for a supervisor, you will be denied since their claim is this issue is addressed within the policy about electrical not being covered. Although, they may cover some electrical parts if it's mechanically associated with the product's operation so basically it's up to their discretion on whether the part will or won't be covered, even though they won't tell you this fully.

Merci Mee Detroit, MI

I purchased this contract in 2018 when Sears was in business. The response was much better until Sears went completely under. However, I held onto the contract because our home is old. Silly me, I thought these warranty contracts were designed to help homeowners mitigate the cost of repairs and replacements. When my hot water heater (about 7 y.o.) failed early this year,, I thought I paid too high a price with the warranty. Now that my furnace stopped working, they refuse to pay any part for replacement, although I have a whole-house warranty. Next stop is my attorney. Makes me mad to have to go through this.

Joan Thoede Azle, TX

Review of Sears Warranty Response on Recumbent Bicycle On Monday, April 19, we were scheduled for a Sears Repairman to fix our ProForm recumbent bicycle under the Sears Warranty Plan. The bicycle needed parts, so we were scheduled for another date. On Monday, May 24, a Sear repairman was to repair our recumbent bike, but we still had not received the needed part. In the interim my husband placed 3 additional calls to the warranty center. He never received the answers he needed and spent a great deal of time on hold and being sent from one department to another. On Tuesday, June 8, I called the Sears Warranty department. They said they would look into the possibility of getting a new replacement bike for us since the necessary part was no longer available. If I had not called, would they have called me? Throughout June, I received several calls from various departments saying that they were working on this problem. On Friday, July 2, I called 4MY-HOME to inquire about the replacement bike. After a very long hold, I first talked to Quill who said we were approved for the new bike. (If I had not called, would they have called me?) She transferred me to the authorization team, and Fatima answered after a hold of 46 minutes. She transferred me to the replacement department where Shamery (?) said that we had a credit for $600 for a new bike. I was on the phone 1 hour and 3 minutes! Then I was asked to call another number-(800) 927-7836-to order the bike. After 33 minutes on hold I spoke to Fernando. He said the bike would be delivered by the 2nd week of July. Then I was transferred again and after 16 minutes I spoke to Ashley. After another 22 minutes (total wait of 1 hour and 11 minutes), I was told the bike would be delivered on July 16th. I was assured that the old bike would be hauled away when the new one was delivered. On July 16, 2021, the new bicycle was delivered. When I suggested that the men take the old bike to their truck, they said that the manifest did not call for the removal of the old bike. They did carry the bicycle to our front yard sidewalk. While they were assembling the bicycle, I called the warranty number 4MY-HOME at 12:40 PM and spoke to Steve about removal of the old bicycle at 12:44. He transferred me to the “correct department”, and I was on hold until 1:05 PM when I spoke to Ariel. She said that I would need to talk to the On-Line Care Team, and she would transfer me. Kim answered and said that she would have to transfer me to the Warranty Team. Kerry (a male) answered and said that he would have to transfer me to the “Haul-Away” Team. When Veronica answered, she said that I would get a call from the Haul-Away Team about removing the bicycle in 1 or 2 business days. Since it was Friday, I was told to expect a call on Monday or Tuesday. The call was over at 1:50 PM. I was on the phone for a total of 1 hour and 10 minutes. It is now Thursday, July 22, and I still have not heard from them. Meanwhile, the bicycle is in the front yard as an embarrassment in a very nice neighborhood. I am tempted to put a huge sign on it that reads “SEARS DID THIS”!

Judy Bucholtz Bonney Lake, WA

Its easy to schedule an appointment online. However sometimes the wait is longer than I'd like. The technicians are friendly and respectful. We had 3 appliances break down in a 2 week period. Optimum Appliance did a great job accessing the problem and fixing my oven sensor and dryer sensors. Our Bosch dishwasher technician told us nothing is wrong with the dishwasher, so we rescheduled for 3/22. At that appointment he thought we need a new motor & ordered the part. Our next appointment to install is on 4/9. Wish it was sooner as we are dealing with a dishwasher that isn't cleaning well. It is very difficult to get a customer service representative on the phone.

Ulrich and Beth Friese Burlington, VT

Terrible service. Waiting for months now for a replacement refrigerator which they could not fix. Had at least 6 techs come to home before they decided to approve replacement. Now the wait. Cant get a hold with phone - get the run around - no one seems to be able to give you an answer ! Do NOT get this warranty plan !! It sucks !

PJ Loftin Nashville, TN

Sears Home Warranty does not honor their statements. They will always look for loop holes. They took months to tell me they could not repair my range. Then they refused to replace it and gave me a small amount of money that basically repaid the service fee.

William Bereki Pensacola, FL

Out and out fraud! Sears refuses to honor their service agreement. They use stall tactics and put customers on hold or transfer them from one person to another none of which can resolve the customer's concerns or issues. They are crooks and ripoff arts. No one should buy or trust Sears to honor their service agreements.

Les Harrisburg, PA

I’m being told that there are no in network service providers in my area so I have to go outside the warranty to make my own appointment and file all of the paperwork and be reimbursed after the fact. I’m making my own appointment with Sears Home Services. They repeatedly try to transfer me back to the warranty department to make the appointment. I have to stop them and explain that the Sears Home Warranty company told me that Sears Home Services is NOT in network and will not make the appointment for me. Sears should be embarrassed to have their name attached to this product.

Fatima A. Boston, MA

I have never been more disappointed in a warranty service than this one. I have been a customer for 2 years. During this time I have paid $70 PER MONTH FOR NOTHING. I have had two appliances fail. Each time it was an emergency. Once the furnace this time the hot water heater. I am out $1600. Now it will cost me additional money to do all of this work. Never again.

Vicki O'Brien Longwood, FL

had a microwave "repaired" over a month ago. The service person said it couldn't be repaired and would need to be replaced. I've gone round and round with customer service over the phone (likely in India?) and have not heard back from anyone via email or phone. For what I'm paying, including the deductible for the repair that didn't happen (mind you, it was usable before the repair...now it is not) I could have just replaced the microwave. Ready to dump this plan and would not recommend it to anyone. Truly awful customer service.

Bruce Church Burlington, NC

PLEASE DON'T BELIEVE THE SEARS HOME WARRANTY COMPANY AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Refrigerator was worked on 4 different times in 3 months; still doesn't cool! Now they say that they are going to replace it in 14 days and with what THEY want to replace it with! Been with them for 10 years without a problem; now they won't even give me what is reasonable! CANCEL THIS MONTH!

Lee Napier VA

Consumer BEWARE - Sears has changed, my entire family has been a loyal customer but that is over. They are happy to take your money but god help you if you ever try and make a claim. They will find a way to minimize the cost on their end and hit you with hidden costs from third parties. Shame on you Sears, admit it, it's time to call it, stop screwing customers and face it you're done!

patsomp sompayrac Gilbert, AZ

In May my water heater started leaking. It was covered by the above mention master protection agreement. On May 26th I received an email stating that the agreement is going to pay me $1997.99 for the replacement of the water heater. I signed a cash agreement for the said amount. The protection agreement was in my husband's name. I signed mine. I told the customer service people that my husband had died in 2017 and I sent them a copy of the death certificate. Sears wants the agreement in my name to send me the money. I get this. I was told that I needed to send customer service the death certificate, marriage license and will. (They want some other legal document, but no one knows what it is called.) I was told that I would hear from someone in 3 to 4 days, it has been 7 days. I still do not have the check for said amount. No one will tell me what they want. I was told they contacted me on June 11th about this, I did not receive an email, phone call or letter. Your company is stealing my money. How do I get my money? I wish I had been dishonest and forged my husband's name, none of this would have happened and I would have had my money (which I need) long ago. Now your company is being dishonest. By the way, the protection agreement is in my name now, where is my check? When I renewed this agreement the gentleman that I spoke with asked what name did I want the agreement in I said mine. Poof....it was changed!!!! Where is my money? Over 2 months is ridiculous! Your webpage at the bottom says "No Hassle Claims". Lie, that is all I've dealt with is one hassle after the other. Please tell me what do I have to do to resolve this?

Cindy Al-Qawasmi Carlisle, PA

The people at the call center are friendly but inept. They don't know which companies they have or don't have. Plus if something is damaged in your has by a company THEY engaged they take no responsibility for it . Supervisors are suppose to call you back with 24-48 hours and they never do. In addition if you want to cancel your program there is a MAJOR cancellation fee because you are under a contract for a year plus you have to pay for the service that was originally performed plus any and all the follow ups you might have had. So the $49.99 you are paying a month for the program means nothing and you get no credit for it if you try to cancel. I've already filed a complaint with the BBB

Disappointed Customer Redding, CT

Their customer service is horrible. It's difficult to get to a live representative and when you do they treansfer you to another number that puts you back to teh same ausomated service that starts the process all over again. If you have multi zones on your home AC, they will only cover one system I recently requested service in a central air system that was covered. The technician looked at the wrong system and then they declared that it was not covered. When I tried to explain that the technician looked at the wrong system they gave me the run around and the poroblem is still not resolve. To send the technician back, requires an new $100 deductible payment.

Bill H. Albuquerque, NM

I have a Sears service agreement for my washer and dryer. In the past they have made repairs with little difficulty. But now my washer needs serious repair (loud noise when spinning and leaking). I have been waiting for a repair since February. It is now June. The tech ordered four parts. I have received three of them but can’t get a status for the fourth. Calling sears is maddening. You get someone who barely speaks English and is very difficult to understand. Often their servers are down so they tell you to call back another day. When I do get through they know nothing and say some other dept will call me back, which doesn’t happen. Or they connect me with another dept which is closed and you can’t leave a message. The repair is handled by a local contractor who never answers their phone. Sears and the contractor blame each other for the problems so I cannot get a straight answer. It’s terrible service. NEVER, NEVER, NEVER get a Sears service agreement. Their promises mean nothing.

oxforduniversity San Luis Obispo, CA

I have Sears Home Warranty and they have prevailed on everything on repairs, they were extremely professional and the average time to get a repair is about 2 days. Worth every penny and I would recommend them to anybody

Michael Zeno Chico, CA

They tell me they’ll replace my fridge but keep stalling. Never contact me when they say they will. Been several months now.

[email protected] Coraopolis, PA

Service technician was a no show. I called SEARS and was told he called off and there were no other techs near by. Month passed - still no tech so we dropped our plan and are contacting PA Bureau of Consumer Protection.

Jack Boxman Asheboro, NC

True garbage! Tech came to fix our refrigerator and it's worse now than before. Said they would send someone back out but no show. Now they say we have to make another appt. for a tech - 7 days from now Buy anything but sears!!!

Greg Herman Southgate, MI

I had a Tech come out for a yearly maintenance call on my washing machine which was working fine. He said the boot on the door needed to be replaced and would order one. We went to use the washing machine and it flooded our laundry room. Now they don’t know if they can get the part. So now so I have washing machine that was working fine and that theSears tech broke. When you finally get through to a representative on the Hd phone they are no help. So I paid for a warranty contract to have my washing machine being broke by their tech. Totally unsatisfied.