Sears Home Warranty has been offering their services since 2014. It is a single protection plan that can cover the repair or replacement of more than 20 major appliances and household systems. Sears home warranty coverage gives homeowners peace of mind by helping them to avoid the high cost of unexpected repairs and replacements on the appliances and systems they depend on every day. The home warranty is available in 49 U.S. states and has a variety of plans for homeowners to choose from. Unfortunately, the majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, demonstrating poor customer service as well as a multitude of other complaints. See Sears Home Warranty reviews below to read what customers have to say.

#1 Landmark Home Warranty chevron_right
#2 First American Home Warranty chevron_right
3.4
#3 The Home Service Club chevron_right
4.8

The Good

• Cancellation Fees and Contract Length
  • Coverage
  • 24/7 Customer Service
  • Exclusive Benefits
  • Variety of Plans
  • Appliance Check-up Packages

Cancellation Fees and Contract Length

Sears Home Warranty Company doesn’t charge cancellation fees if you decide to switch to another home warranty company. Also, with Sears,  you are only required to sign a yearly contract, which makes it simple to renew your contract on a yearly basis, and not have a long-term commitment to a warranty policy.

Coverage

Sears has home warranty coverage for 49 of 50 states. Sears warranty covers almost the entire United States, making it simple to find a Sears warranty in your area.

24/7 Customer Service

Sears Home Warranty offers customer service for homeowners to get assistance and to submit a claim 24/7. Their call center is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 365 days a year.

Exclusive Benefits

When you sign a service contract for a Sears Home Warranty plan, you are eligible for the following benefits:

• One heating and one cooling system maintenance check every year
  • Free 2-day shipping on tons of items from Sears and Kmart
  • 15% back in Shop Your Way points on all qualifying purchases
  • Discounted oil changes and tire rotations at Sears Auto Centers

Variety of Plans

Sears offers a variety of home warranty plans, making it simple for every homeowner to find the right coverage for them. Here is a list of each plan, their cost, and what major appliances and systems they cover.

Sears Appliance Plan: $49.99 per Month

• Electrical system
  • Ceiling fans
  • Garage door opener

Sears Whole House Plan: $69.99 per Month

• Everything in the Appliance Plan and the Systems Plan.

Add-on Coverage & Extra Benefits

• Pool and/or Spa with heater (heater limit $1,000)
  • Septic tank with pumping (pumping limit $500. Tank replacement limit $1,000)
  • Stand-alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Appliance Check-up Packages

Sears Home Warranty offers appliance check-up packages where they inspect numerous systems and appliances at once so a homeowner doesn't have to make separate service calls for each one. Here are the appliance check-up packages that Sears advertises on their website:

• $99 laundry check-up
  • $149 kitchen appliance check-up
  • $199 kitchen $ laundry check-up

The Bad

• Sears Home Warranty Cost
  • Time in Business
  • No Mobile App
  • Negative Customer Reviews

Sears Home Warranty Cost

The average cost per year for Sears Home Warranty agreement is $719. Prices will range based on the state you live in and the type of warranty plan you choose. The average trade service fee for a Sears Home Warranty is $88. Sears doesn’t offer the most competitive prices compared to other home warranty companies that charge closer to $400 per year with a $60-$70 trade service fee. This may prove to be a problem for consumers who are looking for a more affordable option.

Time in Business

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its services since 2014. With somewhat limited experience under their belt, there are other home warranty companies that have more experience in the home warranty service industry.

No Mobile App

Currently, there is no mobile app for Sears Home Warranty. This would be helpful for them to work on so customers can request services from their mobile device without having to call or get on a desktop.

Negative Customer Reviews

The majority of Sears Home Warranty consumer reviews are negative, giving the home warranty company a low star rating. Common themes throughout the reviews are poor customer service, slow repair time, and inadequate technicians. With such poor customer reviews, we recommend looking into other home warranty providers—ones with satisfied customers and positive reviews.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

The Bottom Line

Sears Home Warranty has been offering its warranty services and products since 2014. Customers enjoy their 24/7 customer service and exclusive benefits that are included with the warranty you purchase. Sears Home Warranty works to provide homeowners peace of mind that their appliances will be taken care of in the case that malfunctions or defects occur through normal wear and tear.

Additionally, Sears Home Warranty covers unknown pre-existing conditions in its service contract. However, negative reviews highlight poor customer service, slow repair service, difficult claim process, and inadequate technicians. Sears Home Warranty might need to improve these aspects of its business before it is a good choice for home warranty service.

We recommend researching other top home warranty companies that have positive feedback to ensure you find the best home warranty company for you.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.1

AD
August 23rd, 2019 Santa Clarita, CA DETAILS

Over one month and they have yet to repair our refrigerator. I have called and literally spent hours and hours on the phone with no resolution. Completely miss managed company and no compassion for their customers. They obviously have no concern for their reputation. It seems like they are just trying to collect as much money as possible to pay their investor before they close their doors permanently. Absolutely unacceptable service, disgusting company.

KTB
August 23rd, 2019 Whittier, CA DETAILS

I can understand why this company is on the verge of going out of business, they charge a monthly fee, charge to respond to claim even if it the claim isn’t covered which you won’t know until you pay the technician then just to get charged another fee when you decide to cancel the service because you’re not satisfied. This company and they’re services is nothing but a bad joke.

Kimberly
August 23rd, 2019 Litchfield Park, AZ DETAILS

Customer service with the home warranty company directly is terrible. The same few response phrases are used when dealing with an issue with their sub-contractors. Asking for a supervisor after a couple of weeks resulting in being put on a call-back list because the phone was not answered. Still have not heard from anyone several days later. Subcontractor has not fixed our AC unit going on three weeks now during the heat of summer. Will not answer the phone and promises communication and/or service and then nothing happens.

Nancy Hayes
August 22nd, 2019 De Pere, WI DETAILS

I had Sears for 14 months and never used them but just called from my kitchen refrigerator. Had to wait 2 weeks for a service appointment and then the day of the appointment Sears called and said the technician was sick and I needed to reschedule and next Avail was another 2 weeks out. That's a month to get my kitchen refrigerator fixed. I told them I wanted to cancel and they charged me a $25 cancelation fee! I couldn't talk to a manager and they gave me out of service 800 numbers to try an expedit my appointment. Waste of money.

Barbara Bates
August 21st, 2019 Spring Grove, IL DETAILS

They sold me the warranty with promises of hassle free repairs and saved money. I got multiple service calls , repairs not completed and deductible fees. Also be clear that if you are unhappy with them it will cost more to cancel than your monthly $50 fee! Overall I had 2 appliances have breakdowns and they fixed neither.

Brenda Porter
August 21st, 2019 Maplewood, NJ DETAILS

I would give a zero but I can’t type a comment unless I put at least one star. I’m on my third appointment with Sears to repair my washing machine so far no one has shown up, not once! They keep putting on me on hold they keep telling me a supervisor will call me back, they tell me the repairman is going to call me back, they keep trying to sell me things, calls keep dropping, but still my washing machine is not repaired. I’ve stayed home for the third day now. So frustrating! Each time you call you talk to a machine and the operator that finally picks up sounds so far away, they are hard to understand and don’t care that this is your 10th or 11th attempt to get some service through your paid repair service. DO NOT GET THIS SERVICE! I wish I could cancel but can’t get anybody on the phone that can do it . Even their website is down. Awful!

Larry Casha
August 14th, 2019 Andover, MA DETAILS

Endless delays on repairing our refrigerator under contract. Parts were not ordered, next available technician appoint is usually 3 weeks away. We've been without a refrigerator for 45 days and counting

OhioConsumer
August 13th, 2019 Bellbrook, OH DETAILS

Do NOT purchase Sears Home Warranty. I had a problem with my water softener (Sears brand), and they “couldn’t find” someone to service it and/or install a new one. Rip off! Reporting them to my state Attorney General.

Meko
August 13th, 2019 McDonough, GA DETAILS

I would rate Sears with a million negative stars. Over the last 4 years my AC unit has been going out. They keep putting band aids on it. Last year they sent a AC tech he said I needed a new coil May 4th. June 26 he said Sears didn't send him parts needed to repair so I had to get a cash out and pay him directly. I did. April 2019 ac is out again. Technician said QC coil leak again. Sears said we not covering it again and that I had to find the service provider they sent me to fix it. Who knows where he is? I paid another 1,200 for AC coil per Sears technicians recommendation. Aug 1st AC out again. Sears send call to a company that dont answer calls or take calls. I called again, Sears send out another tech Aug 9th. He said I dont have freon. Sears denied the claim, another tech came today Aug 12. What do you know it was the same technician from Friday. I saw him sitting outside he never came to the door instead he rejected the service call and left. Sears sent someone else. This guy said the compressor is bad. Sears denied the claim. All to say they are the freaking worst. I had 2 ac coils put in within a year 1 I had to pay for and still I have to air and they wont pay for a new compressor. Now they are blaming the AC coil technician for making the compressor have a shortage. How can companies like this be sued?

Rhonda
August 11th, 2019 Antioch, CA DETAILS

I've had Sears Home Warranty close to 2 years. Every time I've tried to put in a claim, they assign it to a service provider that is not in my area and also has bad ratings on Yelp. Each time I've talked to a provider to schedule an appointment, they cannot come out for days to a couple of weeks. My latest issue was with my AC going out during 100 degree spell. Background info - I called to have them come out for maintenance in May. Because I called after May 15 they refused to do maintenance. There is no documentation that there is a date limit on when these calls can be made. That info seem to only be available to Sears. Back to my AC. I have an elderly mother using an oxygen machine and her room gets very hot. I cannot wait days for someone. I made the appointment with the provider Sears assigned, but then called around and found someone to come out the same day. They fixed the problem and commented that I should do regular maintenance because the problem may have been detected. The next day I call Sears to see if I can get reimbursed for part of the repair cost. I get the run around and wait on the phone for an hour and finally get a nice person in Customer Solutions who couldn't help me, but wrote up a case for me. A week later, no response. I call again (and their phone system is torture) and insist on speaking to a supervisor. That person was nice enough but stood firm on no reimbursement because I went out of contract. He sent me on to his supervisor, but told me she wouldn't be able to help either, and he was right. She just quoted the contract. I complained about the maintenance I wasn't allowed to schedule and she said they have firm dates in their system. I said that needs to be communicated to the customer. I plan to cancel and look for a different warranty plan. I have tried to use them for other claims and always end up going out of my own pocket to get the work done. What's the use of having a warranty plan if you can't use it. I really wanted to support Sears, but they've made it impossible. Time to let go.

Glenn
August 11th, 2019 Mesa, AZ DETAILS

If I could give a lower rating I would. They are a TOTAL RIP OFF. DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY!!! I have had 2 issues. A mower was one. The technician had to come back 3 more times and it still isn't running properly. I also own a Kitchenaide Dishwasher that was not cleaning our dishes and silverware properly. I have a friend who owns a repair company look at it first and he said I needed a new motor and suggested I use the warranty. I had a technician come out and in 10 minutes he said it was just clogged and no real issues. I said that is impossible and he said I know my business and it is working fine but my soaps could be the issue. I asked what he suggested and it was exactly what we used. I had to pay him $100 for 10 minutes of little work. My dishwasher is still not working and have turned the temperature of the water heater so high it burns you. Still the same. Dishes, glasses and silverware do not get clean. Sears Refuses to have them come out again because the technicians wrote notes that there were no issues. They are a TOTAL RIP OFF. DO NOT BUY THIS WARRANTY!!!

Dianna Vernon
August 11th, 2019 Palestine, TX DETAILS

I've been trying for 6 months to get a problem resolved with my oven. Every time I call, I get the run around that a check will be sent in the mail in 7-10 business days. I'm currently on hold for a supervisor and the call center person keeps trying to end the call. This is the WORST service I have ever experienced .

linda
August 8th, 2019 Plano, TX DETAILS

I was stood up 2 different times, the repair day was sent to the provider incorrectly. the wait on line is horrible. they will never connect with a supervisor. i was hung up on 3 times. it was the worst experience ever. save your money and go with a warranty that is not through sears!

Rosey
August 6th, 2019 Edinburg, VA DETAILS

Scheduled online to have a range and refrigerator repaired. The service man came a few days later and ordered the part for the range, when asked to look at the refrigerator, he said that would be a different repair person. We are still waiting 3 weeks later for the refrigerator guy to show up for a repair. The range part came, the repairman set up directly with us for Monday. Monday came and went, set up another time for the following Monday. The person that called did so at 930 PM. The next morning we got another call to set up an appointment. I confirmed with the date and was told all is on schedule. All weekend long we got robots calls to call Sears to schedule a service. Everytime we called, we were on hold 45 mins so gave up. Well Monday has come and gone and no repairman. I called the number on the text and spoke with someone who obviously didn't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Over and over she apologized but said they will have to set up an appointment. I informed her we did have an appointment and they did not show up. Asked to speak with a supervisor, but they were the same, reading canned responses. So we have stayed home 2 Mondays on a row with no repairman. Now they say Wednesday, but that is not an acceptable day, so basically we need to find another time, that again is a week out. Asked to talk with her supervisor and she said she is the head person of service. Well, she is the head of service, but did not know how to handle any of the questions we had. Yes, I am furious. This not acceptable when we are paying a monthly fee for this warranty. So we have a range that is not working and a spare refrigerator that has been waiting a month to be looked at with no answers for that. I bet if we didn't pay the monthly fee, they would take you to collections, but who is going to pay for lost days waiting for service guys not showing up.

Melissa
August 6th, 2019 Kinross, MI DETAILS

Refrigerator broke down the end of April. Due to vacation, we rig things up so we have a fridge until it can be repaired. We call the beginning of May to schedule a repair. The repair man comes a week later. It's the compressor, he says. He orders parts and schedules a return the beginning of June. He comes back in June and shows me the ordered part is broken. He orders a replacement and schedules to come back in July. He comes back in July and the part sent was a decommissioned part, it even says as much on the bag. He orders a replacement and schedules to come back in August. I'm losing hope of ever getting my refrigerator back. He's scheduled to come back tomorrow. If there is still a problem with the sent part, I'm calling a lawyer and/or a news show. I will have no problem exposing this company for the fraudulent one it is!

maria
August 5th, 2019 Houston, TX DETAILS

I have being trying to get my washer fix since july. they sent a service man. couldn't work on it because it was staked. so they made another appointment . that afternoon again they only sent one guy.didn't know anything. so they res another appointment on my six appointment, i am so frustrated . i try cancelling their contract but they give you the round around, the worst service ever, then when you call to set an appointment you can't even understand the person they have working there. save your money.

Carl Smicker
August 5th, 2019 Cabery, IL DETAILS

My home air conditioner needed repaired does Sears home warranty company AKA cross country told me it was my fault. I contacted better business bureau out of Chicago and they did not help. Josh is a scam please people do not go with this outfit.

Samantha Mayer
August 5th, 2019 Lisbon, OH DETAILS

Worst service ever! Today would have made my 3rd appt for my fridge/freezer repair. First they ordered the wrong parts, then after 3& half weeks I take the day off work AGAIN for the 3rd time the appt time is 8a-5p the tech never shows. At 5:45p they say the put 8n a successful request for the tech to "return" to the house & the tech would be here by 9pm, still a no show. So I call back for them to tell me oh sorry u waited from 8a-9p we'll reschedule u for 2 more weeks away. So by the time they get the right parts & a tech actually shows up for a scheduled appt it will b 5.5 weeks. Will never do business again!

S lopez
August 2nd, 2019 San Diego, CA DETAILS

I have had my refrigerator and range , both Kenmore repaired. My biggest complaint is the time frame from beginning to the repair. It took for both apprx 7 weeks to be repaired. Now 9 months later Refrigerator is broke just like the 1st time. Have to start a new claim its been a week and still no resolution if it will be repaired or replaced. A waiting game again

Hector
August 1st, 2019 Wilmington, CA DETAILS

I would give them no star because they really scam people. Does anyone know how to cancel this warranty? I really need to stop paying for nothing. Very bad customer service. Technicians are lame and don't even know what they are doing. I hope that someone reads these reviews before getting this warranty. I just wish I would had.

JSchmitt
August 1st, 2019 Enterprise, AL DETAILS

RUN, don't walk and don't look back, away from Sears Home Warranty. There is NOTHING good about them — not one thing. Their cost is more than most other companies, their deductible is higher than other companies, and their service is horrible. My first appointment after the warranty began was on Dec 24th. It was to fix the original problem. Unfortunately after numerous calls, long hold times, and rude customer service reps, the tech never showed up at my house. The next appointment Greg showed up saying he couldn't fix it under the 60-day warranty because the part was a different part. He told me to call in and schedule another appointment. This is three weeks without my clothes dryer at this point. I call in and get another appointment and as Greg advised I text him the appointment confirmation. He said he was going to grab the visit and stay with it until it was finished. He called me two days later and said he had canceled my appointment, put me in as a no show, and would come by when he was in our little remote town later that week. Greg did not call or show up. I text him twice asking where he was with no response. Sears called me over and over again to reschedule that appointment, so I finally rescheduled only to have a different tech come out to look at my fridge AND my dryer. He was not able to fix either. He did not have the part for my fridge even though I was very explicit in what was wrong and the part needed and said the part for my dryer was no longer produced. He said I should call the warranty people and get a voucher for a new dryer. Today I called every number I could find. Two of the numbers tell me they can't help me and the third I was on hold for 40 minutes when I finally disconnected the line. At this point, I have a new dryer being delivered this weekend and need to close this out. I can't even reach someone to stop the ACH they require you to set up to begin the warranty.

Bill Jones
July 31st, 2019 Shreveport, LA DETAILS

Our Kenmore dishwasher went out so I called Sears Home Service. The technician said if we bought the Sears Home Warranty that our dishwasher would be covered. I would have to pay $99 for the service call & the $69.99/mo for 12 mo. So I did. I could go into a lot of detail but the bottom line is that for 41 days we had no dishwasher & Sears could never find the parts. I asked to cancel the contract & give me refund. I was told I wold have to pay $35 to cancel and get no money back. Sears Home Warranty is the worst!!!!!!!

judy harouff
July 30th, 2019 Maidsville, WV DETAILS

On July 15, 2019 my older 3-door model refrigerator stopped working. I called Sears Home Warranty and since we had bought a backup smaller fridge we weren't in a hurry. The repairman came the next day and immediately diagnosed the problem-a board was bad. He ordered the board and came back July 23rd to put the new board in. The box that held the board was slightly warped but he thought it would be OK. The fridge came on and he left. Six hours later and nothing was cooling or running, so I called SHW again. The repairman came out on the 25th and discovered the board was burned up and had warped the plastic box it was mounted into. The repairman called to get a new board and box holder but parts said it would be next to impossible to find them since the fridge was an older model. On July 27th a rep of SHW called to tell me the part wasn't covered in the warranty. The board was covered but not the box that attaches the board to the electric to make fridge cool. IMAGINE THAT! I argued that the board won't work without the holder but to no avail. The box is considered structural and no structural component is covered. If you actually read the warranty covers very little. I have had Sears Service for probably 15 years and always got Sears products because of that. I never had a problem with getting service on appliances til now. WHAT A SCAM! I am getting the cheapest fridge possible and NO warranty to replace mine. Nothing from Sears anymore either.

James E Wyatt
July 25th, 2019 DETAILS

Yesterday, I had an appointment from 10-2pm. I chatted Sears at 12:50pm to make sure that there was a 2nd repairman coming, since when Sears delivered my Washer and Dryer they installed the dryer on top of the washer. I was told there would be 2 people. I then asked the ETA of the repairmen. I was chatted from you that the repairman was delayed and would not be there until 2-3pm. I went out to work in my backyard. I checked my phone at 1:12 and saw that the repairman had called me at 1:06 (by the way One Minute Notice!) and had rung my Nest doorbell at 1:07. I immediately called the repairmans number 4 or 5 times in quick succession and left messages for him to come back. He had turned his PHONE OFF! I started chatting Sears and calling to try to get him to come back. I talked to Sears on the phone and they told me he would be coming back between 2:30 and 3:30. I continued to wait. At 3:50, I started Chatting again when was the ETA. I was told then The repairman was not responding and that I would have to reschedule. I grudging said yes, but was told it was getting kicked up the ladder and the “Caring” would be reaching out to me. Didn’t happen.Shocked? Sorry, I got lied to twice and screwed once.

Sewfina
July 25th, 2019 Lamar, MO DETAILS

I have been trying to get a Samsung Refrigerator ice maker fixed. Sears has been here 3 times. No ice. The 4th and 5th appt. had to be cancelled due to not finding a part. They already replaced 2 parts and I have a 3rd one here waiting, but they tell me I need another part and they are having trouble finding it. They did not even tell me they were not coming on the 4th appt. I had my refrigerator empty, the rugs moved so it could be moved out into the room and I waited all day. I tried to call them and was put on hold for an hour at a time. The recording keep saying for instant help go to the Chat line on the website. It did not connect either. I finally got through after the appt. time had passed and got a person with a strong accent who talked so fast (reading from a script) that I could not make out what she was saying. I am so disgusted that they talked me into this "Plan". I am stuck. I do not think they have a clue what is wrong. Just keep changing parts, hoping one will do the trick. I have no number to talk to any supervisor. Just keep getting these impossible to understand trained readers.

Judy
July 24th, 2019 Cookeville, TN DETAILS

You are correct in saying this is the worst home warranty. I called Sears about the repair of my range and they offered me the warranty stating it took affect immediately if I wanted to get it. NO waiting period. I decided why not. They came to my house on June 10, 2019 to work on my range. The technician looked on line for the part and ordered it with him saying not sure if it is available will take 8-10 days to research. Never took anything apart only looked up the serial number and then the part. The part came 3 weeks later. I called them ( they never called me) to let them know the part was here. I arranged another half day off from work. The guy gets here puts on the new part which is a different color and I was told this is the only color I can get. It was white instead of black like the control panel on my range. it didn't look so good, but I thought ok. he puts part in and the start button doesn't work on it. I already have the stop button on mine not working. He tries to call in to Sears they are down and their system has been down for 1 day. He goes ahead and orders the new part # which he found once he took off the part. (which the other guy did not). I was told to call the next day to get an appointment and see if the part got ordered because he didn't know if he would be able to follow up on it. He set up and appointment to come back on July 10th. ( I am waiting and waiting for the new part to arrive.. it does not come, but July 10th does- NO phone call from Sears, no email only a reminder text message he is coming on July 10th. I never got a phone call all day so I decided to call them. They didn't have me down and I told them the part didn't come. After being transferred to 4 different departments and asking for a good phone connection and someone I could understand, I get this guy. He researched my claim, oh he doesn't know what happened, but he will need to get back with me in 3 business days after more research. Okay today is 7/22/19 which is 12 business days from when the guy said he would call me NO part, No phone call. I call them today.. After getting transferred 3 times and finally getting the correct department the phone connection is so bad I was told to hang up and call back. I said I am not hanging up lets see what you find out I will try to understand you and hopefully hear you. She is unable to find out anything either. I asked her was she in the USA and she would not answer. I said can I have someone else to speak to she said no. I am still having issues with my claim and hearing her. She hangs up. I then call back to the department ( they gave me the direct number) same issue there was so much static on the line when they spoke I could barely here them, plus they had a heavy accent. I asked her are you in the USA and she said no PHILLIPINES, I said the connection is awful. I finally was able to get across to her what I wanted she said they couldn't get the part and I could go to my sears store with a $500.00 voucher ( my sears store shut down last year; nearest one is 100 miles.) I said wait a minute I was told by the person who sold this to me I would have full coverage, she said you do after 30 days. The issue happened before your contract started on July 10th. ( I called on June 10th and was told if I took it out that day I had full coverage) WRONG. She said she could give me an authorization number to order my new range on line for $500.00. I told her my range was no $500.00 range I paid 1500.00 for it and I expected it to be replace per the representative. She couldn't help me. So I hang up and call the warranty department finally got a good connection and someone without a heavy accent. They told me my warranty didn't go into effect until 7/10/19. I argued with them about it with no result. I then asked for supervisor. She proceed to tell me that my warranty did not go into effect until 7/10/19 and all I would get was a $500.00 voucher for a new stove, not even cash. But I needed to take it up with the company who handles the 30 day waiting period they were the ones I needed to contact. I explained the girl told me I was covered from day one, she said that was incorrect. All they offered me was a lesser service charge and fixing it up to $500.00 for the first 30 days and then the warranty started and would have replaced my stove. IF you decided to take out the warranty with SEARS ( which I say think twice) call get the warranty and then wait 30 days to call them in on the issue if you can. Otherwise, you are screwed. I cancelled my contract- plan on reporting them to someone not sure who yet.

Michael Howard
July 24th, 2019 Wimberley, TX DETAILS

My heating ac unit went out and it has been a month and it is still not fixed. We call every day to get results and still nothing has happened. There have been 3 service guys that have come and are unable to get the job done. I guess the next step is a lawyer.

Kevin George
July 22nd, 2019 Guthrie, OK DETAILS

Can you go less than one star? So I bought the sears home warranty (SHW) in 2016 when the warranty on my new home expired and based on the Sears name. On 10/31/2018 I placed my first claim because my icemaker quit. I was given the name of the appliance repair company who would handle and they had 24 hours to contact or I could call them at x number, which I did. Company tells me that one, they do not service Guthrie Oklahoma and two, they do not work with Sears home warranty. So I called SHW and I was told they cannot reassign the work order, can I cancel and they will locate a new service provider and contact me. I agreed and crickets, to this day, 7/18/19 - no response. This brings me to 7/17/19 and my Central Air (covered in the declarations) stopped working. I created a new claim, and they returned message that it would be (name removed) Heating and Air and they had 24 hours or I could call their number. I called, it is over 100 here at my house. Owner answers the phone and says, I have never signed up with our ever done anything with Sears Home warranty. So I called them back and the lady, while polite, asked me to call in tomorrow and they would reassign. I asked if she could reassign and she said no, it had to be on day shift. basically paid a little over 800 a year since October 2016, made two claims and each time the service provider never heard of or worked with them. I want my money back from this scam. Oh, try to cancel, no mailing address, no email you can find, no phone and the support people will not help escalate. Horrible horrible horrible. It is time for Sears to be a memory. going to have to direct the bank to stop payments. So this is now Friday the 19th and Sears/Cross Country Home Services responded they had no service providers in my area. Here, let me show you what they asked me to do for service: "We would like to take this opportunity to apologize for any delay in service and for any inconvenience you have experienced. At this time, a pre-qualified network service provider is not available in your area. We can allow you the option to contact a local service company of your choice in order to expedite your service request. Please have the service technician come to your home and diagnose the failure. If the out of network service provider is unwilling to accept third party billing, we ask that you pay the service call fee in full, and we will reimburse you for the amount in excess of your deductible. As a reminder the non-refundable deductible associated with your claim is $ . This amount is due regardless of whether the claim is subsequently approved or denied. It is very important that the technician call us from your home at xxxxxxxxx with their diagnosis prior to completing any repair or replacement. Please understand that in accordance with your warranty agreement, the work will not be covered if it is performed without prior approval. When your service technician contacts us with the diagnosis and the failure is deemed eligible for coverage, the authorizer will provide you with the amount that is payable under your warranty for either repair or replacement of the covered item. A reimbursement check for the authorized approved amount will be issued to the contract holder. Repair or replacement without our prior express approval WILL NOT be reimbursed. A copy of the paid, detailed invoice is required for any and all reimbursements made on behalf of your warranty. Your documentation may be submitted by clicking here, or via email to (address removed) Your invoice must include the following: •Contract or Service Job ID •Description of the item repaired or replaced •Diagnosis detailing the parts that failed and the cause of failure •Your name, complete address, telephone number and email address •Valid, legible invoice or receipt identifying the vendor or store name, telephone number, and complete address including email •Itemized material and labor costs •Total billed amount, total amount paid, and proof of payment Please allow 2-4 weeks for processing upon receipt of your completed documentation." So for the privilege of paying Sears nearly a thousand dollars a year, they want me to locate a repairman, screen them, and when they come out, have them call Sears and provide their diagnosis for approval before work, then if approved, I have to pay the repair bill in FULL and submit proof I paid in FULL along with documentation and other evidence and then, they may refund me something less the 100 dollars if they agreed with the documentation and fees charged. I told them this was unacceptable and submitted a complaint with the State of Oklahoma Consumer Protection Division but it takes them at least a month to respond to me if ever.

JES
July 22nd, 2019 Wilmington, DE DETAILS

I came on here to complain, but it looks like it has all been said and then some! Has anyone had a good experience..... I think not. We have paid $699 per year for several years for the Sears Cap10 plan. We finally had to use them and "disappointed" is an understatement. They do not respond to emergencies, the wait time to speak to customer service is excessive, getting timely appointments are impossible. We ended up paying for a covered appliance out of pocket since it was an emergency - and they are not reimbursing us for this. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU NEVER USE SEARS WARRANTY.

Angel E,
July 22nd, 2019 Smyrna, TN DETAILS

I have had 3 repairs for the same issue in 6 months. There is a newborn at the house and all of the breastmilk was lost. Yesterday, I spent 2+ hours on the phone and they finally placed this as a "medical emergency." This morning, the tech came on time at 9:00 to repair the fridge. He had an accent that was so heavy that none of us could understand what he was saying. What we did understand was that it was the same problem as in the past and the repair was complete and it would take a few hours to cool. 10 hours later, it never cooled and all of the food in the fridge and freezer were lost due to spoilage. The process started more than 24 hours ago and several hundreds of dollars worth of food and breastmilk were lost. The customer service is HORRIBLE. After having difficulty navigating through their lousy automated system, I finally talked to a representative. Guess what? they turfed the repair to another person at 6pm. Why wasn't I contacted. Now, they have another 24 hours to find someone to complete the "medical emergency" repair. Their motto says they repair or replace. Since this is the 3rd repair for the same problem in six months, when does the replace cause go into effect...I guess NEVER!! Don't EVER purchase this service. You will regret it!!

Rick myers
July 19th, 2019 Flat Rock, MI DETAILS

I bought a craftsman riding lawn mower, I even bought the extended three year warranty. I needed to have work done on it. The service guy came to my house and could not find the model # or serial # on the tractor there fore said he would not fix the mower. I tried for two days talked to 23 people everyone telling me the same thing. I had the invoice, model #, and a copy of the warranty agreement still sorry no serial # so then I was told from one of the 23 people that if I took the mower home and it would not start I was screwed because no serial #. Then he kind of laughed and thought that was pretty funny. I asked to speak to a manager he put me on hold for 45 minutes then I had a dropped call . I can understand why sears is closing stores a company that large lost a customer over a $1500 lawn mower. I will never set foot in another sears or Kmart as long as I live.

Kimberly Rehmeyer
July 19th, 2019 Rockport, ME DETAILS

If I could give SEARS a negative 5 stars, I would. WORST company to deal with ever, next to Best Buy. High monthly cost, blames user for damage, does NOT honor wty, and charges an additional $100 fee per visit. We used the washer 3x in a year because we don't live here full time. It's broken AGAIN and they said it's our fault. NEVER again will I used or buy from SEARS. Warn everyone! And just try to schedule a visit or get a person on the phone. they must hire three dummies to run the place.

Rose Ryan
July 19th, 2019 Stroudsburg, PA DETAILS

If I could give this plan zero stars, I would. We purchased this plan in April after we had our refrigerator fixed by a sears repairman. I called today to get routine maintenance on my central AC. I was told that I had missed the window for routine maintenance. Funny how no one mentioned this prior to purchase. I finally found it written in small print on the 4th set of documents that I was given. I was transferred 5 times before I was given the proper department to cancel my service. The woman who was taking the information to cancel service said maintenance only is valuable if it is done regularly. When I called her out on her rudeness, she could not explain what her remarks meant. Our maintenance was done last June. This call is 2 weeks past last years date. She was just being argumentative. I did also ask to have my call escalated when I was told I could not get the service I was requesting. Surprisingly no manager was available but they would call me back in 24-48 hours. We paid $210 for absolutely nothing. My advice is do not purchase this bogus protection plan. I have called a local company and contracted with them for even more services at half the cost.

Jerry Raymond
July 19th, 2019 New York, NY DETAILS

Told it would take 3 weeks to get an AC tech. Took 8 days to get refrigerator guy. Impossible to contact. $100 deductible. They ended up telling us to find our own repair guy after no response for a week. Never disclosed weak network or long response time

Allen Sr.
July 17th, 2019 Olympia, WA DETAILS

I've had the Sears Whole Home Warranty for approximately two months now with 3 claims. Had no problem with my kitchen appliance and plumbing claims, but it was over a month long wait to have an electrician out to complete the 3rd claim, so I canceled this claim. Had I known there would be possible long wait times for some claims to be repaired, I would have given this Warranty Protection Program a second thought (:

Wanda
July 16th, 2019 Beacon, NY DETAILS

Sears home warranty is a joke! Had a repair scheduled for today. They confirmed by email 2 days ago and then by phone yesterday. I had a window of 8am to 12pm. I waited in my living room 8 feet away from my front door for those 4 hours. The guy never shows and never calls. I called the service Center where they tell me he came to my door and nobody answered. A blatant bold faced lie. Then they tell me they sent me an email rescheduling my service. No they didn't. I checked right there while I had the rep on the phone. Lie number 2. Then this so called customer service rep tells me they will get somebody out to my house this afternoon. They didn't. Lie number 3. We are cancelling this fraudulent service and reporting them to consumer advocacy groups. Sears was at one time a reputable company. Now they are a shadow of their former selves run by liars frauds and cons. This is why their stores are closing all over the country and they will be gone in a year.

Sean Hoyle
July 16th, 2019 McKinney, TX DETAILS

This is the worst service ever. Sears send a guy out and took him $400 and sold me a home warranty. It never really worked right and then I called the home warranty department who says they can't schedule anyone and to get my own repair person. I can't find anyone in my area that will work with home warranties. So now I am screwed. Such as horrible experience and horrible company and total scam. I have been passed around to 6 different departments and have spent 2 hrs on the phone trying to get this taken care of. I would urge anyone who can read this to never do business with this company and DO NOT buy a home warranty from them .

Beatrice Precious
July 15th, 2019 Astoria, NY DETAILS

If I could give this service less than 1 star I would. I have had nothing but a horrible bad experience with this company. I have had Sears Home Warranty Services for 3 years, that is 60 bucks for 36 months, I used them about 5 times . To be honest the work was minimally satisfactory, but I kept them. Now I have learned my lesson, how horrible they really are and have cancelled my account. Do not and I repeat do not use their services.

James
July 15th, 2019 West Palm Beach, FL DETAILS

Bad experience. First, the website will not let me register since I upgraded my plan to Whole House. Weeks after calling customer support and their escalating to IT it still did not work. Second, I made a claim (over the phone since the website was not working) and they sent a HVAC guy who could not fix my air conditioner. It was not cooling to 74 degrees -could get down to only about 78 degrees after running for hours. He said the temperature coming out of the handler seemed OK, but could not explain why it was not cooling the room. I have two new Trane systems that have been working for about 3 years w/o issue. Now one does not, and he did not know why ... and just left. So, I called to cancel the warranty. They charged an early cancellation fee even though I was cancelling due to their inability to provide web site access so I could manage my policy/contract, and the HVAC contractor they sent was incompetent. Never again will I use this home warranty company.

PB&J
July 15th, 2019 Holland, MI DETAILS

We agree with ALL of the worst of the reviews!! First, NEVER purchase an LG or Samsung refrigerator because the ONLY service company that will even consider working on them is Sears. Apparently there are at least 3 entities to go through: Sears Home Services, Sears Home Warranty, and the actual service people who do the work! None of the 3 systems are connected and there is no communication between them! Our LG Refrigerator is only 3 years old, the compressor gave out, under the warranty a new compressor was ordered, we waited for the parts, then waited for the repairman, the new part was installed, it was the wrong part & it burned out within a week along with the control panel. Again, wait to have a repairman to come, wait for parts, be delayed by a holiday, wait for the repairman, the repair man doesn't show up, so reschedule and wait some more!!! One last chance and we will cancel the warranty contract and refuse to pay any further charges! Buyers be ware!!!!

C O
July 12th, 2019 Birmingham, AL DETAILS

Horrible experience from start to finish. Technician cancelled 3 times. Replacement microwave never delivered after company rescheduled multiple times. I finally went to warehouse myself to pick it up. After requesting not to have first technician back again, Sears scheduled for him to come for the next repair. Calling customer service requires multiple transfers and at least 30-45 minute wait time to get to a person and even more time to resolve the issue with multiple calls. DO NOT use this company!

Wesley Alexander
July 12th, 2019 Fort Worth, TX DETAILS

They are absolutely a trash company. They do not hold their vendors accountable nor do they hold themselves accountable. All they want is to collect your premiums and give no coverage. Trash company

Faith
July 11th, 2019 Sutton, AK DETAILS

I have been calling Sears Home Warranty every week for 3 months trying to get someone out to repair my washer, and do my dryer’s annual maintenance. Each time, I’m told they can’t find a service provider in my area but that Sears will call me back in 72 hours to schedule someone. Sears has NEVER called me back. I can NEVER talk with a supervisor. I want all my ones back, including for the washer and dryer!!!

Sherene Jones
July 11th, 2019 Mount Pleasant, MI DETAILS

If I could give this plan less than a one, I would. Trying to get service for my broken fridge in 90 degree weather took me three hours today, and enough frustration to cause an ulcer. The time I finally was able to get is over a week away. The process to try to move it up was more frustrating than getting the first time slot, and despite the outright lie told to me by the Sears warranty rep that they could come out tomorrow, only saved me a day. I can’t wait to get this service done and I’m canceling. The plan is horribly frustrating, and at one point a service dispatcher just told me to get a cooler with ice. Is that what I pay 50.00 a month for?

Roger
July 10th, 2019 Elgin, TX DETAILS

To start all our appliances were purchased from Sears over the years. I mainly brought them there because they had there own repair service technicians. We have had to call them several time over the years. We have had some sort of work done on all. The process was pretty much painless. We would call and speak to a customer service rep who was also a Sears employee. A day or two later a technician would arrive in a Sears van and wearing a Sears uniform and diagnosis the problem. Most of the time they would need to order a part. They would do it on the spot from some sort of data pad. A few days later the parts arrived at are house. We would call back and a appointment was made for the repair. The tech or a different one would come and complete the repair. If there was going to be a delay we would get a call notifying us. All very professional. That's why if I need a new appliance Sears was where I was going to buy it. Ahh, the good old days. Now the not so good new days. Our clothes dry was having issues. We called Sears as usual. Well now Sears has changed the process.apparently they now contract the home warranty out. No more Sears employed technician's. Now your going to get independent appliance repair people. I got a email from the home warranty company (Cross Country Home services) with the name of the independent repair business (Appliance Science). We were given no date for their arrival. We tried call the number provided but no one answered. A day or two later we got a call from the tech telling us he was on his way. Good thing we were home and didn't need to go anywhere. Well when the guy arrived he seemed competent. He told us we needed parted and he would put in the order later in the day. One week passed and we heard nothing. Then my wife called customer service. They told her they had no updated information and they would look into the situation and call us back. After a couple of days with no call back my wife called again, and again we were told they were still looking into the claim and to give them 48 hrs. My wife called again, making it two weeks from the first time when the independent tech came to the house. The customer service person put her hold three time, then finally said they never received any report from the tech and they were not able to make contact with him. They then said they would reschedule with another repair company to come out. They said they could have someone comet the next day. They again sent me a email with the companies name (PROTECHS WASHER & DRYER SERVICE) and phone number. I then called the number to set up a time for the next day. The guy who answered sounded like he was driving. The call the cut off. he text me and asked if I could text him. I then texted him with a screen shot of the email. He called me back and asked if he could come today instead of tomorrow because he was already in the area on another job. I said fine. Later got a text saying he was running behind and could make it and if we could keep the original date. I said ok. We agreed on 4pm. The next day, no show and no call. I have read recent similar reviews. Clearly because of Sears problems they felt this was a cost effective change. I had the whole home $70 a month plan. I figured if I save 70 month for 12 month I would have $840. We cancelled this plan today. Our dryer is almost ten years old. We decided to run this old dryer into the ground and then get another one. We will roll the dice and hope a new one will last a few years without any problems. And when one pops up we will just pay to fix it. Well will have control of who we call. Oh and we won't need to be loyal Sears customers anymore. All the other places use this type of services plans. Cross Country provides this service for numerous other places that sell appliances. I've seen similar complaints about Best buy and Lowes. I will not buy service plans again.

Steven
July 10th, 2019 Hillsborough, NC DETAILS

We just got stood up after being home from 1-5 with no call or contact about this, the most recent of 6 different appointments for these two repairs and still non-functioning equipment. Avoid this scam group at all cost. I think a couple of the techs I met are probably okay but they are set up for abject failure by their company. Here's how it's gone. After using them successfully a few times over the years, when my wife and I decided that we couldn't find a new fridge to replace ours, we decided to replace the ice maker (for the third time) and while they were at it. fix the broken water dispenser paddle. While I was calling, figured I could get them to fix the Jenn Air cooktop burner who's dual function switch had gone bad. Turns out you need two different appts for that so I set them up (at least for the same day... but two different techs). While on the phone, they also finally talked me into their Appliance Home Warranty. Mistake. That's when the fun begins. Neither 1st appts fixed anything but they each supposedly diagnosed the problems and ordered parts. The parts will arrive and you call back in to reschedule the repair. Parts came fairly fast and called back. Had to schedule two different days but thankfully work for company's that allows us some flexibility. Cooktop tech came and after an hour or so, decided the wrong parts were ordered. Of course you get a different tech than the one who first came and did the diagnosis. So he leaves and we think some different parts will show up (???). But let's go to the fridge. Tech is scheduled to arrive between 1-5. I check online about 4 and it indicates, "sorry we missed you". But alas, tech shows up about 6, literally has trouble opening the cardboard box the parts came in, and then can't put humpty dumpty back together again as he struggles with a ribbon cable that he can't connect. Get's the icemaker and H2O dispense paddle in though but the panel on front is now dead so no dispensing. Okay, figure bad luck, the guy will order the new board and I'll call again to reschedule. I could seriously go on and on with more issues the least of which is their customer service (Philippine call center with a bad quality comm system - can barely understand and not only because of variable English skills). As I finish writing this (7:01 pm), I have been on hold for 41 minutes to ask why the latest (fridge) appt tech never showed for our 1-5 appt, why their online system said my tech had arrived and why their online system now says my appt has been rescheduled to Jul 9. ***?????

Rose seraphin
July 10th, 2019 Miami, FL DETAILS

I am very disappointed and dissatisfied with the quality of service that is being provided. For the pat 2 months I’ve been calling sears because my refrigerator stopped working. (I have a warranty with them) unfortunately their technicians fail to show to every appointment that they have scheduled. I’m beginning to think it’s a game that they play with their customers. It’s really disgusting that they would treat people this way. I am extremely angry and aggravated because I have wasted hours every week contacting them only to be assured that someone will show. (I am still waiting) I truly wish they get what they deserve. This is terrible! Don’t waste your money, you’re better saving it for when your appliances stop working. I have never felt this strongly about a company before. I hope the pain and frustration that they have caused comes back and bring them a lifetime misery. You can’t treat people this way.

Ngoc Vu
July 9th, 2019 Manchester, MD DETAILS

Sears does not have 24/7 customer services. No Emergency Services Available when Products Installed by Sears Broken Down. Appointments 2 to 3 weeks Customer Services are the worst of all times

Alex M
July 2nd, 2019 Kirkland, WA DETAILS

sears home services is the worst in the services industry. They are unable to do ANYTHING right. I have been trying to get a washer fixed FOR A MONTH and they keep making the stupidest mistakes: first the parts were not ordered properly, then they re-scheduled it WRONG and wanted to charge me for the whole service (~$800). Now they need to reschedule AGAIN. Zero competence, Zero attention to customers. They check all the items in the "what not to do" business list. Every time i need to contact them is a cardiac test, because not only the service itself is bad, the customer support representatives as just as bad, if not worse.

Hiraeth
July 1st, 2019 Sebring, FL

My elderly mother-in-law bought a new fridge from Sears about a year ago, and purchased warranty coverage on it. The fridge and freezer both stopped cooling about a week and a half ago. A tech came out once and tinkered with it, said it was fine, and left. It is not fine. Both fridge and freezer are warm inside and all food has been thrown out. No luck getting anyone to repair it though. They keep telling her it’ll be at least another ten days as they “can’t schedule any appointments due to their system being down.” Meanwhile this almost 90 year old lady who doesn’t drive and can’t get to the store daily for perishable food has a cooler full of ice in her kitchen to try and keep a few things cool and they expect her to live like this another ten days or so after she paid for this warranty? Unacceptable.