Sears Home Warranty Logo

Is This Your Business?

2.3

LAST UPDATED: January 18th, 2022
report_problem

Attention: Sears declared bankruptcy in 2018.

Sears declared bankruptcy in 2018 and now operates as three companies: Sears Holdings, Sears, and TransformCo. If you have a Sears appliance warranty, TransformCo now manages it. However, the warranties are still marketed under the Sears brand.

Sears Home Warranty offers competitive coverage. Its plans are customizable with additional coverage options, which helps you find the coverage you need.

The company also offers one of the longest repair guarantees in the industry.

Despite these positive factors, customer dissatisfaction with the company is high. Consider other home warranty companies before making a final decision.

Read Sears Home Warranty Reviews

report_problem

Attention: Sears has roughly 96% 1-Star Reviews on Best Company.

Sears reviews reveal overwhelming dissatisfaction with the company's home warranty services. Most reviewers are highly unlikely to recommend the company to a friend or family member.

The Good

• Customizable Plans
  • 180-Day Service Guarantee
  • Easy Warranty Claim Process
  • Competitive Cancellation Policy

Customizable Plans

Sears Home Warranty's plans have no product age limit, include one heating and one cooling preventive maintenance check annually, and offer coverage for unknown pre-existing conditions.

Warranties come with a 30-day waiting period. However, during this period you'll benefit from 25 percent discounts on repairs for appliances, HVAC, and water heaters.

You'll find three home warranty plan options through Sears: Appliance Plan, System Plan, and Whole Home Plan.

Appliance Plan

The Appliance Plan covers a refrigerator with an ice maker, built-in dishwasher, washing machine, dryer, range, cooktop, oven, built-in microwave, range exhaust fan, and built-in trash compactor.

You'll also benefit from 25 percent discounts on HVAC and water heater repairs.

This plan costs $49.99 per month. The service fee is $75.

System Plan

The System Plan covers the central air conditioner, central heating, the plumbing system, water heater, water softener, faucets, toilets, garbage disposal, plumbing stoppages, electrical system, ceiling fans, and a garage door opener.

You'll also benefit from 25 percent discounts on appliance repairs.

This plan costs $59.99 per month. The service fee is $100.

Whole Home Plan

The Whole Home Plan combines the Appliance and Systems plan into one. It costs $69.99 per month. The service fee is $100.

Each Sears Home Warranty Plan is customizable with the following coverage:

• Pool and or spa with heater
  • Septic tank with pumping
  • Stand alone freezer
  • Sump pump
  • Well pump

Sears Home Warranty has separate contracts for each of its home warranty products. Using the Whole Home Plan as an example, contracts last one year and include a 30-day waiting period at the beginning.

180-Day Service Guarantee

Sears chooses the technicians it works with and offers a 180-day service guarantee. Home warranty providers often offer a workmanship guarantee. Sears's service guarantee is one of the longer ones available in the industry.

Easy Warranty Claim Process

You can submit claims online or over the phone 24/7. You'll receive a referral to a service technician within 2 hours during business hours or 24 hours for requests made outside of business hours.

Competitive Cancellation Policy

Sears Home Warranty has separate contracts for each of its home warranty products. We'll use the Whole Home Plan contract as our reference for contract information.

Sears' cancellation policy is fairly consistent with industry norms. You'll receive a full refund if you cancel within the first 30 days and haven't made a claim.

If you've made a claim or decided to cancel after the first 30 days, you may receive a prorated refund for the remaining contract time. You'll also be charged a $25 claims processing fee and the cost of any service performed under the agreement. In some cases, you may be charged by the company for the remaining balance.

The Bad

• Poor Customer Reviews
  • 2018 Bankruptcy Filing
  • Exclusions and Limitations

Poor Customer Reviews

Sears Home Warranty has received a sizable number of reviews, although some competitors have higher review counts on Best Company.

Unfortunately, 96 percent of these reviews are 1 star. Reviews mention poorer service post Sears' bankruptcy, long delays with parts and repairs, poor customer service, dissatisfaction with claims and coverage, and difficulty cancelling.

These concerns are troubling because a home warranty's value is in the repairs and claims.

Sears Home Warranty also has a 71 percent lower average star rating compared to the industry average (3.8 /5).

The company's net promoter score is also much lower than the industry average: a 0.2 compared to a 5.8. The net promoter score measures the likelihood a reviewer would recommend the company on a scale of one to ten, with ten being the most likely.

2018 Bankruptcy Filing

As noted in the introduction, Sears declared bankruptcy in 2018, which resulted in a new operation structure. Home warranties are still marketed under the Sears brand, but they are managed by TransformCo.

Bankruptcy isn't a good sign, particularly for home warranty shoppers. You'll want to find a home warranty provider that has a good track record of meeting its claims obligations and is financially stable.

Exclusions and Limitations

Using the Whole Home Plan contract as a reference, Sears Home Warranty's limitations and exclusions generally follow industry trends.

Home warranty contracts typically have limitations and exclusions. Sears' contracts are no exception.

You won't find coverage for permits, cranes, removal fees, disposal fees, modifications, abuse, misuse, neglect, poor maintenance, missing parts, power surges, fire, etc. Incidental and consequential damage is not covered.

Keep in mind that specific parts of equipment may not be covered, so review the contract to understand your coverage better. In some cases, you may be offered a cash settlement instead of a repair or replacement.

The warranty has an annual cap of $50,000 and a $10,000 cap for each claim.

You must receive prior authorization for coverage to be offered. If you get repairs done without working through Sears, you won't be covered even if the repair is normally covered.

The Bottom Line

Although Sears Home Warranty has many competitive features, the level of dissatisfaction among reviewers is quite high. You may want to consider another home warranty company.

View Best Home Warranty Companies

1.1

Edilburgo Espinoza A Escondido, CA

Easy to place a claim but a nightmare to deal with the providers, a&e factory services is the only one that works. When it comes to replace the appliance, they simply won't do it, they will find any excuse to ovoid it. Appliances came with the house 80"s, the top range broke after 12 years of personal use, and they won't replace it because it didn't have a seal to avoid the damage (it wasn't because it gave 30 years of good services). They can't find the parts to fix our wall oven and they authorized a replacement, of course 27" W around $1699.72 will fit with some modifications (we can do them) but not they just authorized a 30" W around $1,888 bigger that the cabinet because is the only one available (Not true, find several options ourselves). Sears Home Warranty advise us several times to take our second option of taking $681.47 and replace it ourselves. We do recommend you AVOID SEARS Home Warranty

1 day ago

Kim Eubanks Ft. Washington, MD

Technician came to our house to diagnose a problem with the washing machine. He concluded that it needed a new door and would arrive within 5 days. We waited over 2 weeks when Sears sent an email saying our claim was denied. They do not fix doors. I contacted their customer service and spoke to a bored representative. She told me that they do not fix anything structural and I explained that a washing machine cannot operate with a door. She really didn't care and transferred me to membership services. That person was even worse. I again explained my situation to no avail and demanded my warranty be canceled. She said Sears will charge a cancelation fee of 150.00. We have brought several home warranties and this one is by the the absolute worst.

Robin R Kennedy Kailua, HI

I manage a rental for a client and we signed up for Sears Home Warranty as she lives on another Island and cant help when things go wrong. They have a $50 fee each time they visit but whatever they are there to fix is free. If they cant fix it, they replace it. I have called them for these items: Ceiling fan would not shut off - figured out it was tied into the neighbors electric? Awesome! Garbage disposal stopped working - replaced it for free. Toilet leaking - replaced it. Bathroom fan stopped working - replaced it. I love this service and in comparison to American Home Shield, it is less expensive on the calls but a bit more expensive on the monthly. I believe I pay $50 a month for this service and $50 for the service fees when we call for them to come. They are very responsive and every tech I have experienced is hugely professional. Although we no longer have Sears on Island, they are still represented by true professionals.

Cyndie Nester Rochester, NY

what a disgrace! my 80 year old parents have had customer service workers lie constantly to my parents who are having to go to a laundry mat because they refuse to replace a washing machine sears sold them and stopped working after only 3 years. The Customer service team is uninformed and again lies as to when checks are being mailed ......its been three months since the " check was in the mail" A family lawyer will be addressing in a formal way soon.

Woody Sulzer Orange City, FL

In August 2021, we called Sears Repair Service to fix our inoperative 9 year-old LG washing machine. The technician arrived as scheduled, was personable and professional, and did a good job of repairing the washer. When it came time to settle the bill, he pitched their home warranty service plan which would cover most of our appliances. Despite the fact that I do not believe in service contracts and prefer to pay as I go, this one seemed like a good deal so we bought it. MISTAKE!!! Included in signing up for the $50/month program was a $150 discount coupon to be used in helping cover the cost of the current washer repair. Shortly after this repair, we decided to sell that home and buy one with more acreage. We sold the old home on 10/12/2021. It's now 1/10/2022 and for the last week or so we've been having problems getting the washing machine (same machine that was repaired last August but now with a different problem) to start properly. I called to place a service call, and also to advise them of the address change. The rep I spoke to (Sam) advised that their service contracts are address specific and cannot simply be transferred from one home to another. To get service at our new address, we would have to cancel the original contract and purchase a new one for our new address - that by the way, would not go into effect for 30 days, despite the fact that we are already customers. Additionally Sam stated, cancellation of the original contract required that the $150 sign-up coupon we got in August be voided and we would have to pay that amount to cancel - or they would continue to bill us the $50/month - for protection on appliances we didn't own anymore! I explained to Sam that I really didn't want to cancel the contract, but simply get service at our new location and not the old one. No matter said Sam, this is how things are handled and that's that. No effort at an accommodation or anything. Pay the $150 to cancel or continue to be billed for the $50/month - for appliances we hadn't owned for three months now but had paid $150 to protect. By this time I was really steamed and told Sam what he and his company could do with their service in my best old-sailor verbiage. So now I've reverted back to my old policy of no service contracts - PERIOD! And in the end, Sears Home Warranty turned a customer who wanted to continue doing business with them into one who will bad-mouth them at every opportunity. And an interesting aside. Our new home was a flip that was completely refurbished before we bought it - including all brand new appliances (except for the washer and dryer we brought with us). So all these greedy guys needed to do was bend their rigid policy just a bit and they could have got $50/month from us for a long time - with probably little or no expense to them.

Richard Duggan Port Saint Lucie, FL

should be a zero star. the freezer section failed twice in two years. $$$$ of food waster. Sears determined there was no problems that was covered by their food replacement warranty. 1st time electric went out for 10 minutes, refrigerator failed to restart. unfortunately, we were out of town for 2 days. 2nd time, ice cube maker failed to shut off filling the freezer section with water then freezing it. even when the tech replaced the ice cube maker, sears failed to compensate for the wasted food. this warranty is a joke. I definitely woud not buy from sears appliance ever again.

Paulette Carlsbad, CA

Technicians rarely available through their system. Contract out to Keepe. Keepe is ok but their technician didn't know how to get my dishwasher out from the counter and I had to do it myself and show him. He replaced a part and said I bet it's going to leak - which it did and I had to clean that up. He was supposed to order a new part. It's been 8 weeks. I still have no dishwasher and now Keepe has to send out another tech for a second opinion. Keepe says Cinch/Sears won't reply and Cinch/Sears says the same about Keepe. They don't mind continuing to charge me that $50 a month without offering any service. Quite the scam.

Carol Greenhill Rockwall, TX

My father has had sears home warranty since the 1970s. Long ago it was worth it. A good company. Now currently, it is a terrible company. We should have the option for 0 stars. Customer service is a joke! I have notes when I waited on hold for anywhere from 45mins up to 2hrs. Many times the phone line disconnected itself. The new administration is no longer sears store. They have extremely negative customer service. In my many discussions with them I have several names of people I spoke to and recorded notes of the conversations. It took me over 1year to have a refrigerator replaced which included having to sign up and pay for another year of service before I could get the replacement refrigerator. The individual service people that show up to fix your appliance have nothing to do with the problems. All the problems come from the phone group and administration. My advise is to never use sears home warranty or sears appliance warranty, they are all the same with several different phone numbers. I know, because I have them recorded in my notes.

Kenneth Brooks Madison, AL

I like that Sears repaired everything they sent a tech out to do, rarely did they deem my appliances too expensive to repair. I did not like their price, it was a little high compared to others and the main reason I moved to another home warranty company.

Richard Trotter Los Angeles, CA

When having a dish-washer break down, it took one month to get a technician to come out to repair it. It then took another week to get the part. Do NOT waste time with this service. upon trying to cancel the service it has taken four months to cancel it, and still waiting.

Cherie Wilcher Prescott, AZ

DONT BUY SEARS WARRANTY. I have requested repair for hot water heater, ceiling fan, garbage disposal and in the 2 years I was stupid enough to buy this warranty they never fixed anything. They always send me to a service department that doesn’t make calls in my area and then when I tried to reschedule, they’re unable to accommodate. I finally canceled the warranty and even that was a hassle. Terrible experience!

Fauxpas69 Brookline, MA

This is the biggest scam in the United States. I pay a monthly fee to have the service and then $75 per visit. They have been out three times in four months to fix my refrigerator as the water line keeps freezing up. They have never once actually touched the darned appliance. This past Monday, they told me they refuse to cover fixing it and told the technician (Who is great) to leave the property. I am in Northern Vermont, not that this should make a difference, so waiting for a week or two to get service is also a pain. Save your money and go with a different service. Sears deserved to go bankrupt in 2018 and should not be in business now. I am disgusted that an American institution like Sears has become a sell-out who screws their customer base.

Yvette A Miami, FL

FILED COMPLAINT WITH FLORIDA DEPARTMENT OF FINANCIAL SERVICES Filed a claim because microwave was not heating. The sears login directs you to Cinch warranty home services. Technician from majestik went out and the claim was rejected because a door spring was damaged which had been broken for years. The spring, which is now not covered, had nothing to do with the heating element i filed claim about Ironically, majestik serviced this microwave in the past and it was never an issue. Yet majestik will not fix the heating until the spring is not fixed. The best comparison is that i would take a vehicle for an engine repair. The mechanic realizes that my window wont roll down so therefore they will not fix the engine until the window is repaired but the window is not covered and has nothing to do with the engine. I religiously pay sears to cover my microwave should it stop heating. I was left no choice but to report this incident to florida financial services. Cinch wants to offer a partial credit but is not willing to send another service provider to fix the heating element because im sure it will cost them more. The heating is covered under my contract. Shame on them trying to take advantage and try to make an extra dollar. Do not use sears warranty. I NEVER write reviews but this, i had to do something about. I'm sure they will respond quickly to this review. But i filed this claim almost 2 months ago and to date, not resolved. Service number is SCCPA2A40284

Kyle Garafolo Chicago, IL

I signed up for a Sears home warranty during a repair for my washing machine. Turned out to be a clogged drain, and was resolved. About 39 days after this I needed to have another technician come out because the machine was really loud. Upon this next technician arriving and diagnosing the problem, he stated to the claims department on the phone that this issue “didn’t happen overnight” and as a result, they denied my claim. They said the issue must have occurred prior to the start of my warranty starting. Coincidentally the repair was for about $1200 and they probably would have needed to replace the machine. There is literally no way for them to determine an exact date this issue occurred, yet the previous repairman said the machine was in good working condition. So somewhere between the first repairman coming out (day 0) and the second one coming out (day 39) the issue occurred. Yet, they claim it’s impossible for it to have happened in the last 9 days when the warranty became effective. How can they make that claim with absolutely certainty?? They could literally say that about any repair I need done, just so they don’t have to cover the repair. “Oh, this couldn’t have happened in the last xxxx days… denied!” They even claim they cover pre-existing conditions but then pull this. I will never use Sears again, and strongly urge others to avoid this company at all costs. No wonder they are going downhill fast.

charles ellis Binghamton, NY

RE Case #7211105 On Sept.29th 2021 I was promised a check from Sears Protection Agreement Services. I emailed proper forms and was told they were not received. I then sent the forms twice with the USPS return receipt requested. Both letters were signed for at the front desk in Lake Mary Florida. After many calls I was told at one point a check had been issued on Nov. 1st, when I requested proof of that the call was disconnected. On December 1st 2021 I called again and was told they still had not received proper documentation, after two registered letters had been signed for . This is obviously a fraudulent company. Do not use Sears Protection Agreement it is a complete and total scam.

Yolanda Galvan Plano, TX

Sears Warranty is a big joke. " WARNING DO NOT BUY EXTENDED WARRANTY FROM SEARS" I have been without a refrigerator for over three month. I have called the Sears extended warranty department first they sent the first tech service man. He looked at my refrigerator and said my refrigerator was not repairable and had to be replaced. The sears extended warranty dept. didn't want to hear thar so they sent the 2nd service man and said he could probably fix it. he said would order parts 2 weeks ago and i still haven't heard. a thing. I call and they finally answered they put me on hold for over an hour and 52mins and than i get disconnected. This has happen to me several times. We are seniors we need a refrigerator to store our meds and we are on special diets so we are having to use ice chest having to buy several ice bags of ice to keep our ice chest cold for our meds and food. I just do not know what else to do. I gave it one star bc I couldn't give it minus 5 stars. This is a horrific way to treat life long Sears customers.

Tony Angelucci Los Angeles, CA

I wish there was a zero-rating. What a waste of money. They don't know what they are doing and I am certain it will cost me more money. That will be in addition to the $75 I paid for the service call on top of the monthly program charge of $64. Service came out and told me my trash compactor was beyond repair. They ordered a white compactor as the replacement. I called and said I didn't want white, I needed silver, and I would pay extra for the right color. They said my only choices were: They would give me $400 to go get my own (they cost around $1000) or I had to take the white one. So I took the white. They delivered it and it has been sitting in my kitchen for 3 days. No one called to schedule an installation. I called them and now they are telling me I have to wait 5 days before they will tell me how much they will give me to find someone to install it. The check will take 2 weeks to get to me. I am certain they will not offer me enough to cover the cost to install it, so I will have to pay the difference. That is the last money I will spend on this screwed-up warranty service.

Lenora Morgan Wake Forest, NC

I put in a claim on January 5, 2021 for repair to one of the burners on my LG smooth top range. Sears said that LG would be servicing this claim. Long story short, I heard from LG stating that due to the Pandemic the wait time forservice would be longer than usual, which I understood. After not hearing anything more about this claim after three months, I reached out to Sears who switched me to LG. Lg said they would send me a replacement. Three months later after many calls, they said they would send me a replacement check, which I did not receive untils October, 2021, only after writing a letter stating I was going to take Sears and LG to court. I cancelled my contract with Sears and would advise anyone who has a contract with them to do the same. They were unresponsive and did nothing to help resolve this matter, even though I had many years of being a member. TERRIBLE, TERRIBLE TERRIBLE customer service.

Lisa R Ulloa Colorado Springs, CO

I have had my home warranty since 2017 and have had my furnace serviced and my washing machine and dryer repaired since I have had the warranty and they have been nothing but EXCELLENT for me…. The techs were very knowledgeable and got the repairs done without problems!!! No problems with scheduling appointments either!!! I would recommend them without fail!!!

Bob Tomball, TX

The warranty company failed to cover the very items contained in the warranty. I had to pay the fee for the technician to come out only to be told later they would not pay to fix the item. Total waste of money and will not purchase anything from sears again.

Sonia Seattle, WA

Do not purchase the warranty from them. They will tell you, you can cancel at any time but you can't without paying a penalty fee. The technician that came to fix my appliance stated that we can cancel at any time and failed to tell me that in order to to do that there's a fee involved. It is a contract for a whole year. I will never use them again. Horrible way to do business!!

Mike Raymond Greenfield, MA

I have had Sears here for the 4 times for the same problem. Refrigerator and Freezer not cooling. 1st time new compressor, after first visit. Second time new refrigerator evaporator. Now they are coming again on 11/30 to once again attempt a repair.

Dianne Wheaton Winston-Salem, NC

I really wish I had seen these reviews before doing business with this company. I have loved Sears for years as a department store and bought lots of appliances from them with great results. This company is not that company. We have had our home warranty with them for almost 2 years. My major issue is the once a year preventive maintenance. We have tried to schedule this twice now. Both times we failed. There is a time frame within which you must call to schedule. Outside of that timeframe you are out of luck. This is not written anywhere. The operators readily admit that it is not written in the contract. You are supposed to be told by the person who sells you the contract about this. There are no reminders sent out either. Absolutely poor customer service. We had one service call that took over a month to get. Nothing wrong with the service but over a month is ridiculous! It was for our freezer and as it turned out there was nothing major but had it been there would have been lots of wasted food in that time. I believe we will be moving on after this.

Alex Betts CA

I would also give them negative stars. This warranty is a complete scam. Do not waste your money, save the $50 per month (plus $75 if they ever have to come out) and buy a new appliance when it breaks with that money. They refuse to send an actual Sears technician, only third party contractors. The warranty will not cover anything if your appliance breaks, it’s in their fine print that they don’t cover “structural components” which includes anything inside the machine! So they are basically saying we cover your dryer but not any parts of the dryer! Such a scam! I feel so taken advantage of.

Steven Moses Hermosa Beach, CA

After 5 failed attempts at repairing the igniters on our range Sears refused to replace our range stating that we had abused our stove and that the problem was not normal wear and tear. This was insulting and rediculous. We paid our premiums and they sent low end repair people who all had bad yelp reviews before they showed up. I think the repair people actually made it worse. We called to cancel the policy and they charge a $150 penalty when you cancel before the year is up. Do not buy this warranty, do not believe that they will replace the appliances they can’t fix. They are dismissive and have no integrity.

Mayra Villa

If I could give negative stars I would! Literally this is the biggest scam ever!!!! DO NOT purchase this! It was NEVER mentioned that you are committed for a whole year of coverage- so now my washer repair ended up costing more than its worth. I needed my washer repaired on May 2021. The technician told me my whole repair was for $340 , but if I signed up for the Sears Home Warranty I would only pay $190 and I can cancel the warranty at any time without an extra charge. I tried cancelling but was told I would have to pay $150 to cancel the warranty. Mind you I have been paying for this warranty since June. So in reality my washer repair is costing me a lot more than $340. I DO NOT RECOMMEND Sears Home Warranty! HORRIBLE!!!

Nancy Barke Monument, CO

I want to preface this complaint by saying that I have been a Sears customer all my life and have always bought my appliances at Sears. A number of years ago, I purchased a Sears Home Warranty for the entire house. This was based on a recommendation by a Sears Technician, who had come to my house to repair an LG oven that I had a Sears warranty on. I purchased all LG appliances for our home in September of 2017 at the Sears store in Colorado Springs, where I had moved. So I have been paying for the whole house warranty since that time. I had a serious surgery in June of this year and as luck would have it, 4 days before my surgery my LG refrigerator stopped working. This was the day before I had 12 people to my house for dinner. You can't imagine the mess and the stress this created with spoiled food and water all over my wood floor. But I figured that with my Sears Home Warranty, I would at least have the refrigerator repaired by the time I came home from the hospital. During this time my husband and son made numerous calls about this but they were not successful in getting any elevation to this service call, despite the fact that it was imperative we have a working refrigerator for me when I got home. I was in the hospital for over a week and when I finally got home, I still had no refrigerator and an appointment that was just shy of a month from the break down - July 12th. I don't find that acceptable. To make matters worse, I was told that I was being referred to LG Electronics in Alabama because they wanted to fix their own appliances. So why do I have a Sears Home Warranty if I have to deal with the idiots at LG who DO NOT CARE what your problem is. They told me that there was "NOBODY" in my area to do this repair. This is a lie because I made calls myself and there are plenty of people in the Colorado Springs area that have experience fixing LG appliances. Suffice it to say, this was a very unpleasant experience. I ended up calling a local appliance company to come to my house and put in a temporary refrigerator because I needed ice for my injuries. They did this in less than 24 hours and for the record, the name of that company is Mr. Appliance. This company understands what customer service is. They could not have been nicer or more professional. Fast forward to September 25, 2021 when my dishwasher stops working. It is giving me an error code (AE) and it dings and rings constantly until I pull the plug on it. This has happened before, but I shut it off at the breaker, plug it back in and turn it on and it works for a few more times. Finally nothing works. I try calling Sears Home Warranty but that is an exercise in futility. You can never get a person on the phone who is remotely helpful. These people are parrots from another country do DO NOT CARE what your problem is. I file a claim online, pay the $100 and I get an Email telling me to wait 3 days for processing. The next day I get an e-mail telling me I have an appointment on October 18th for my dishwasher. The guy from A&E shows up on the 18th, he is here for an hour and a half and tells me he can't find anything wrong. We turn the breaker on and off and it starts working but I explain to him that we have done that before and it works a few times and then the error code comes back and it stops working. He finally leaves and gives me a useless phone number to call in the event that it stops working, which it does within the next week. I finally gave up on the useless number, talking to people who don't know what they are talking about and filed the order online. Finally on October 27 I get an email that tells me I have a "preferred service request" and all I have to do is call the imbecilic boobs at LG Alabama, tell them what time I want them to come and they are going to take care of it. This was in the email: "They will either confirm that time or let you know when they have availability." So I call the number and guess what? The guy tells me the same exact thing I was told when I had my refrigerator problem: "There is nobody in your area to provide this service." Then he goes on to say some kind of mumbo jumbo about how they have to try and find somebody. This, of course is a lie: there are many people in this area who could fix this dishwasher. How do I know this? Because I called numerous technicians in the area and they told me so. They also told me that the problem is that LG does not want to pay the going rate. The other problem is that their appliances are crap - which is news to me because when I bought them they had five star reviews. So far, every appliance I bought that was LG has had serious repair problems. In fact, there was a class action suit brought against LG for their French Door refrigerators (which I have) that were made with bad compressors. My appliances were registered through LG and yet I never received any notification about this class action suit. Interesting. It sounds like I have a big problem with LG but in my mind, I have a big problem with Sears because I have a contract with Sears; I pay money every month to Sears and yet when I have a problem they make me deal with LG. Why is that? I was told that this is because LG is a "partner" to Sears. Well that is fine for Sears but they are not a partner with me. They ignore customers, they provide no solutions, they give bad information. The first time I called in with my dishwasher complaint, they told me that I should wait a half hour and call a number that would "elevate" my complaint. I called the number and they had no idea what I was talking about. These people are utterly incompetent and if they are your "partner" you are in bigger trouble than you appear to be. I got a text on Monday October 25 from Sears, which said they were in the process of "assigning a service provider. Please allow 24 to 48 hours to receive information about your job assignment." Then it closes with this missive: "If you need further assistance, press HELP to alert our concierge team." Of course after entering "HELP" absolutely nothing happens. It's very funny to me that the word "service" is used repeatedly and yet, no service is ever rendered. I called the LG number again that was on the email and got one of their stellar know-nothings who sent me a link to my repair request on the Cinch website. There it tells me to "coordinate with your assigned service partner." You have absolutely no hope of ever talking to anybody in this country, the telephone connections are horrendous - there is constant noise on the line and you can't understand what these people are saying. If you ask them a question they simply parrot back what they just said. If you ask to speak to a manager, they parrot the same line. It is the worst service I have ever had, bar none. As far as I am concerned the Sears Home Warranty is no warranty and I would be better off just calling somebody here in Monument when one of my crap LG appliances breaks down again, which most assuredly will happen. I called again today and was told their "dispatch team" was looking for somebody to repair my dishwasher. Every month they take money from my account and they tell me what a "valued customer" I am. My most fervent hope is that they continue, non-stop to complete dissolution before they sign up additional, non-suspecting customers. This website won't let you continue without checking off at least one star. I want you to know: they get NO stars.

Alisha Greensboro, NC

Sears home warranty claims that they will promptly repair appliances. It took almost 2 1/2 months, two repair estimates and countless hours on the phone with customer service for me to cancel my policy because I realized that my peace of mind to be done with this company was better than sitting and waiting for my broken fridge to get repaired. They kept telling me that they couldn’t find a repairman in my area. Funny thing was I saw A&E appliance repair/Sears service trucks on a daily basis. Be warned that you will have to pay a $39 fee to cancel the warranty, even though they never provided me a service. They are super unreliable , incompetent and in my book, total crooks. There is no value in this policy when they do not stand by their claim to be prompt and that they care about their “very most valued customers”. If they valued us they would’ve repaired or replaced our broken fridge in a timely manner. 2 1/2 months with a broken refrigerator is unacceptable!

J Nissell Onalaska, WA

From no-shows, to lack of customer service, hold times, wait times, cost alone. Oh my goodness... Complete rip off! I have called customer service numerous times, can't understand any of them. I had at one point a a functionable appliance. The fridge just wouldn't get cold enough. They dismantled it, said it would be costly to POSSIBLY repair. No way to tell if it would hold up. I didn't obviously approve for the work, now I can't get through to anyone to put it back to together. Second repair scheduled, my husband missed work to be here and they were a no-show. No call, nothing. They did confirm my appointment via text.

Julia UP Naples, FL

I was getting a quote on a new home warranty and the representative was extremely helpful. The quote was in my price range and covered everything I needed. Quick and professional. Very satisfied.

Doug Foerch Vernon Hills, IL

We have used Sears for over 20 years. It was once a well worth the money for all the protection you receive. Lately, Sears has been cutting back on what they cover and how quickly they respond to your request for service. .

Gaius Gracchus Reno, NV

We have a Sears warranty for our dishwasher (Kenmore). It has been a problematic purchase - issues started after we'd owned it for only a few years. The last time it failed, it took 2 months for the Sears repair people to finally get it working. However, Sears was not 100% to blame. The issue is that the repair people are often incompetent, dishonest and downright lazy. We did finally get one that fixed it, but I will spare you the details of our multiple visits. Why the 4 stars? Because Sears did really try. They sent us compensation for our troubles and continued to send people out to resolve the issue. The Sears phone reps were polite and did their best to help us. The issue is that repair people *in general* are not very good. So even when you hire people yourself, you can run into the same issues we did. Sears did not give up and kept on top of it until our issue was resolved, in spite of the poor performance of some of the repair people.

Dawn Rivera New York, NY

You don't even need to know my nightmare with this! Too long to even tell! Do not get. Wast of money, time and emotionally drained from Dears Warranty. First service call Nov 11 and washer still not fixed! After the warranty is up I will never purchase again!

Mary Helen Carrollton, TX

Do not and I repeat do not buy a Sears Dryer Warranty! CS is handled in India or Philippines. It is impossible to get help when you are overcharged. They should not be in business! I understand WY Sears went under! Horrible CS

Todd Seidel Goodyear, AZ

Worthless. Needed washer fixed in a stacked unit. They sent a company that would not work on stacked units even though they new the unit was stacked and did not have another company to send. They then refused to refund the $75 deductible because the one tech had come by and said he couldn't work on it.

D kelly Brooklyn, NY

They refuse to honor their agreement they claim issues prior to warranty are preexisting which doesn’t make any sense who purchases warranty on products that are covered by manufacturers warranty, it’s been two weeks still no resolution for products that are used daily in the home, their incompetence has no end

Penny Carlsbad, NM

TERRIBLE..I wouldn't even give them 1 star but you have to put something...they don't have service techs to do the work..called about repair on my water softener and they gave me an appointment for a month out..they said they didn't have any other dates...day if appointment the dispatcher called at 11:00 and said the service tech had called in sick...then they wanted me to reschedule for another month out...that is totally unbelievable!! They take your money for your service contract and can't get people to come out and service...this is FRAUD!!

Russell Vastine Aurora, CO

My parents used sears home warranty for all their appliances. I have been using them too, they are easy to work with and quick to respond.

Saritha Dhanasri West New York, NJ

The worst service is provided by Sears Home Warranty. I have opened a claim for my Gas Range with Oven not functioning in May 2021 and still have issues with them not getting repaired until now in Oct 2021. They send technicians one after other from different companies whom they don't provide the history of what was done in earlier visits and they keep replacing same parts again and again without any result, and the technicians submit the job as completed, without satisfaction of the customer, and not bothering to show the customer that its working after the repair and they just leave, only for us to notice later that its not working. They have sent the technicians from atleast 3 different companies and making visits by technicians for more than 15 times without any result. I have been without oven for more than 5 months now and after hours being on phone with Customer service, the customer service representatives keep on giving assurance that this would be the last time they are going to send technician to check on the issues with oven before they can decide on replacement. But every time they make fool out of you assuring this would be last visit. And one of the representatives threated us for deciding to cancel membership saying we are responsible for the dues for the remaining period of home warranty period. I strictly recommend not to buy home warranty from SEARS.

Atlanta Atlanta, GA

I've had sears warranty for 8 years now. Everytime someone comes out it takes an average of 3 visits to repair my appliances. This last time I requested service and they sent someone from an outside company in a literal mini van with the whole left bumper damaged and removed from their vehicle. Either high or drunk I couldn't tell which one with slurred speech pulling up to my neighbors house and then mine saying they were from tektronivs here to fix my appliances. They were so unkept and in a damaged vehicle I refused to let them in my house. This is the final straw and I am now cancelling my service. They are sending anyone out. There is no way I would've ever thought that person was a repair technician.

Ginger Ahl Sparta, WI

These People should be put out of business. I have had the same experience that everyone star person has had on your reviews. It’s been five months now I had to hire someone to fix my refrigerator as they could not Find a service person for it. I submitted the bill stating the icemaker was broken in Warren and they said they needed more information and refused to pay the bill after doing this twice with the same results I called and canceled my sears Home Warranty. As others I have spent countless hours unnecessarily trying to get results. I canceled as there is no use throwing good money after bad to try to chase down my claim. The Better Business Bureau should be clamping down on these people. The collection of your monthly fees as a different department than getting reimbursed on a claim. They bounce you back to cinch and say that they have no control of whether you get paid or not. It would be nice to start a class action suit against them looking at all the reviews that are just like mine

Cam M Fort Worth, TX

Poor service, bad customer service. I was sold a home appliance $49 warranty plan by Sears in March. I was told to upgrade with a $20 additional charge to include plumbing, air-conditioning etc, about April-May. Before I agreed, I told the sales people at Cinch who works with Sears, that it was difficult to find plumbers, etc, in my area. The Cinch employees insisted that it was not difficult and they have people right around my area that they could send. Once the work was needed that was not true. They couldn’t find anyone to come. They then told me I should find my own plumber, get the work done, and they would reimburse me. I found a plumber and he completed the work which was fully covered under my Sears warranty home plan. I even pay the $100 dollars service charge to Cinch. It’s been over a month since the work was completed. I requested reimbursement and I’ve never heard back after talking to two separate supervisors @ Cinch. I get the same run around each time I call. I’ve attempted to cancel my Sears full home, $69 per month part of my warranty but they will not fulfill my request. So far. I am now out money on two jobs which I paid for separately, that should’ve been covered under my current Sears/Cinch home warranty plan. Also I’ve pay the $100 dollar service call before my plumber came and they Cinch has seemingly kept that too. I don’t have it and my plumber doesn’t have it. I paid him for his service call. Therefore, Cinch should be reimbursing me for that $100 dollars as well. Lastly, after all this (time consuming on the phone) frustration, several calls, I’m still being charged an additional $20 extra per month for my so called upgrade on my plan that has paid for no plumbing work and hasn’t reimbursed me for plumbing or AC work. What kind of plan is this? I’ve had home warranty plans in the past and they’ve worked well. I can’t tell if this is a scam or what. I would think Sears being a respectable company would care about their reputation or me, being a long time Sears customer who has purchased Sears appliances in his home. Throughout my years, I can’t remember experiencing anything like this. I’ve been given no choice but to put this review out there. It seems that they, Sears/Cinch just want their money every month with no Customer satisfaction on my end. I am considering no longer doing business with Sears and will consider canceling my Sears card as well. The appliance only plan $49 has worked well because of local competent technicians. I should’ve just did that. If they Sears or Cinch want to resolve this matter, in regards to my reimbursement or something that would satisfy me, I would be happy to write a follow up review. Otherwise don’t make the mistake I made and not read reviews.

Veronica Odom Fort Irwin, CA

We have had Sears home warranty for years, and I must say that before all of the stores closed the repair service was much better. Now when I call to get service, it takes weeks to get a technician out to my house, The problem began with my refrigerator not getting cold, then after the technician came out, he ordered a part then we had to wait another couple of weeks for the part to arrive. So He fixed that problem and after he left the refrigerator started freezing everything, Then weeks later the water and Ice dispenser stopped working so we called the i back out, had to wait another couple of weeks. That technician was rude and had my husband so angry. Also the customer service laughed at my husband when he called back to let them know what was going on. So we’ve had to wait another couple of weeks for the parts to arrive and we scheduled an appointment for the tech to come back an install the new parts. He texted my husband at 4am and of course he was sleeping and showed up at our house @ 8am and rang the doorbell 1 time and was gone by the time my husband got downstairs to answer the door. My husband called Customer service and told them what happened and he was told that the tech would be sent back out to our home, but he never showed up. That was the last straw, Sears warranty service will be canceled ASAP. If I could rate it with 0 stars I would. It’s a shame that there customer service is so poor.

Heather Jones Sandusky, OH

The worst company we have ever dealt with! We have had them out to our house for over 7 months to fix our washer. They replaced every part and didn’t get us a new one they said they would get us because all the parts have been replaced. We took days upon days of work to be home 8-5 and the last 5 times no one showed and the just keep rescheduling the day of the appointment. We have went this long without a washer and they wouldn’t even give us our money back or cancel our contract. DO NOT SIGN UP WITH THIS COMPANY! I reported them to BBB as well and have a long list of proof with everything that has happened!

Judy Bucholtz Bonney Lake, WA

Its easy to schedule an appointment online. However sometimes the wait is longer than I'd like. The technicians are friendly and respectful. We had 3 appliances break down in a 2 week period. Optimum Appliance did a great job accessing the problem and fixing my oven sensor and dryer sensors. Our Bosch dishwasher technician told us nothing is wrong with the dishwasher, so we rescheduled for 3/22. At that appointment he thought we need a new motor & ordered the part. Our next appointment to install is on 4/9. Wish it was sooner as we are dealing with a dishwasher that isn't cleaning well. It is very difficult to get a customer service representative on the phone.

Benny Newark, DE

I have been buying Sears protection Plans forever and when I bought a home this was a no brainer. When looking at some of the reviews it is evident people are just impatient. Not all, but when an appliance breaks, your not the only customer and waiting a couple of days is not bad, especially since your saving hundreds, if not thousands of dollars on the repair. They aren’t magicians that wave a wand and same day things are fixed. Their process is simple, text updates about appointment and updates morning of and when your the next stop. In my area the techs are great and they have different technicians for different appliances. So far I have had preventive maintenance checks, both same guy and he was awesome and knew his stuff and walked me through everything he was doing while telling me best practices to best maintain my furnace and AC. I also had my washer break and they could have ordered the parts but it was cheaper to cut me a check for a new one, or they offered me a comparable model with the same features. Now I will say I take good care of my stuff and I have seen some bad stuff in 11 years of retail. If you take care of it and it’s not misused, everything goes smooth. Most people on here manhandle and don’t care for their stuff and the are they ones upset when claims are denied. Read manuals and operate as should and there will never be issues with plans like this. Chose sears because of how big their fleet of technicians are, how long they have been doing it, they cover more then any other plan I could find, high per year/ per job cap, can cancel anytime, I have nothing but praise for this plan and for 69.99 and how much I’m out of town, this plan keeps me at ease that if anything happens it will be taken care of.

Sean C. Cincinnati, OH

I reluctantly signed up for Sears Home Warranty because the horrible experience I had with TotalProtect Home Warrant (Total Reject). Just had an issue resolved within a week with my furnace. After submitting a claim a tech scheduled next day service. Savings HVAC LLC replaced the control board that same day. The control board did not fix the problem and they determined the furnace needed to be replaced. I expected problems and a fight only to find I was offered the option pay the difference for a more efficient furnace. Completely painless and very little effort. If I had to point out anything negative about the entire experience was the 2 day wait on the new furnace. Well worth the wait and I'm extremely pleased with the entire process. Mind blown!!!

BOONIQUE Temecula, CA

Scam service.. I have been waiting on a new replacement refrigerator to be delivered for months. Whenever I call the customer service sucks and I just get lied to. They sent someone out to repair my washing machine and it was still broken after the "repair man" left.

Heather Codding Huntington Beach, CA

If I could give negative stars I would! Literally this is the biggest scam ever!!!! DO NOT purchase this! There is NEVER any mention that you are committed for a whole year of coverage- so now my fridge repair ended up costing more than its worth. I canceled and would rather just pay for repair out of pocket. HORRIBLE!!!

loco perro Columbus, OH

We have several appliances through sears Protection plan. Our dishwasher has been broken for three weeks and we keep getting promises that I will get a phone call and someone will help us. Boston Joe’s from Manchester Ct , called at the last minute to cancel after staying home from work , to say technician called out sick . The lady was rude and nasty ! Then she told Sears warranty that they came to our house and fixed our dishwasher and they never showed up ! She needs to be fired !!!! I wouldn’t recommend this warranty program