Global Home Protection (GHP) is a home warranty company with robust coverage and a 24/7 claims department. The company offers coverage for homeowners, as well as buyers and sellers.

The following property types can be covered:

• Single-family home
  • Duplex
  • Triplex
  • Fourplex
  • Fiveplex

Global Home Protection operates in all states except Alaska and Hawaii.

The Good

• Multiple Plans Available
  • Local Prescreened Technicians
  • Workmanship Guarantee
  • Money Back Guarantee
  • 24/7 Claims Department

Multiple Plans Available

Global Home Protection has three main home warranty packages to choose from. Unfortunately, the company does not list prices on its website. However, Global Home Protection does note each package and what systems and appliances each plan covers. Plan details are listed below:

Diamond Plan — $599.99

• Additional stove
  • Additional cook top
  • Additional refrigerator

Local Pre-Screened Technicians

All of Global Home Protection’s technicians are locally based and pre-screened. All technicians are also licensed, so you don’t have to worry about receiving poor quality servicemen who aren’t prepared to correctly service your home’s systems and appliances.

Many home warranty companies make their customers hire their own technicians, so this makes it simpler for consumers who want a simple and easy service.

Workmanship Guarantee

According to the GHP terms and conditions, workmanship guarantees are as follows:

• Labor — 30 days
  • Parts — 90 days

What does this mean?

If you have an appliance or home system repaired, but the issue recurs, you don't have to pay further service fees for additional work needed on the same covered issue, if it happens within the listed time periods.

Money Back Guarantee

Each contract from Global Home Protection includes a 30-day money-back guarantee. This is helpful, in case you change your mind.

24/7 Claims Department

Customers can submit a claim 24/7 to the GHP claims department.

The Bad

• No Online Pricing Information
  • No Service in Alaska or Hawaii
  • 30 Day Waiting Period

No Online Pricing Information

Although Global Home Protection lists its offered packages and what is covered under each plan, the company does not have any pricing information online. This makes it difficult to compare Global Home Protection’s prices against other home warranty companies. To receive pricing information, you’ll need to request a quote online or call a customer service representative.

No Service in Alaska or Hawaii

Global Home offers warranty contracts for people in most of the country; however, its coverage area does not include Alaska or Hawaii

30 Day Waiting Period

When you purchase a home warranty policy from this company, your coverage only starts after a 30-day wait period. However, this waiting period can be reduced if you previously were covered by a home warranty policy. You may need to provide proof of prior coverage, with no lapse between your old contract and your new one. To be eligible, you must provide this proof of prior coverage (with a reputable provider) within seven days of ordering a Global Home Protection Policy.

The Bottom Line

Global Home Protection seems to be a quality home warranty company with extensive coverage and offerings.

Look at Global Home Protection reviews below to see what real customers have to say about the home warranty provider.

Call our recommended rep over at Global Home Protection below.

4.9

Mehta.B

June 18th, 2020 Philadelphia, PA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This company really goes above and beyond to help you out. I became a policy owner a few months ago. My water heater was not working in the dead of winter. I called early in the morning and same day I had a tech come to my house. It was a big issue but the tech was able to fix it that week. I tell all my friends about global home protection. I appreciate the service.

Jun 18, 2020

Hello Mehta, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection to help protect what's most important to YOU - your family and the house your family calls home, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Judy.G

May 15th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I filed a claim for my furnace recently.  I was dealing with a very cold home . My issue started early friday morning. I called the claims department and they sent a technician.They were able to fix my furnace same day . Thank you Global Home Protection.

May 31, 2020

Hello Judy, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection to help protect what's most important to YOU - your family and the house your family calls home, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

GargiuloC

March 1st, 2020 Boston, MA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

This is my first time using a home warranty company. Global Home Protection is great at resolving problems. I had problem with my ductwork not too long ago. I spoke to the claims dept. They connected me to a great technician who fixed the problem within 2 days. Thanks

Mar 02, 2020

Hello Gargiulo , Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

TashaM

February 25th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I filed 2 claims recently. Derek and Steve in the claims dept are very friendly and know a lot about Appliance and System failures. I had a problem with my water heater a month ago. The water would only stay warm only for 1 minute. I called that morning. Steve quickly sent a contractor within 3 hours of calling. The contractor looked at my water heater and told me the issue is with the heating element. The problem was resolved within 2 days. Thanks Global Home Protection.

Feb 25, 2020

Hello Tasha, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Sue.P

February 25th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I needed a pool pump repair. A contractor arrived the same day. They ordered the part. Within 2 days they came back to install it. Everything is so fast and efficient.

Feb 25, 2020

Hello Sue, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Jen B

February 25th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My second refrigerator wasn't cooling and they sent a technician out the same day. Gary was great and took care of the issue efficiently. I highly recommend this company to everyone. Thank you!

Feb 25, 2020

Hello Jen, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Kane.Ashley

February 25th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My dishwasher was overflowing. I called Global Home Protection they sent an appliance contractor to check my dishwasher and replaced the broken part. I am very pleased with the service. I will be recommending Global Home Protection to anyone in need of a great home warranty company.

Feb 25, 2020

Hello Ashley, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Aisha.Prakash

February 25th, 2020 Secaucus, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Highly recommend Global Home Protection! Our Furnace went out and it’s very cold in jersey. They promptly got a top rated local Heating company that came out and fixed it in 2 hours. We were so grateful to be nice and toasty again! We are thankful we went with Global Home Protection.

Feb 25, 2020

Hello Aisha, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

MargotR

February 21st, 2020 Las Vegas, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The global home protection claims dept was courteous and were able to send a contractor within 4 hours. My refrigerator issue had something to do with the temperature control . My freezer was warm yet my fridge was freezing my food. The contractor answered my questions and completed the job in a timely manner.

TeresaR

February 19th, 2020 Atlanta, GA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great service, so happy with their fast and efficient service. They’re a must have for a care free solution when your appliances or systems break down on you. Extremely happy with Global Home Protection.

Feb 21, 2020

Hello Teresa, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

Eugene Tuberman

February 12th, 2020 New York, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Last month both my garbage disposal and dishwasher went out. I didn't know if I needed a plumber or appliance guy due to the water on my floor. I called Global Home Protection. They sent an appliance tech diagnosed the problem and fixed my disposal and dishwasher within 1 day of calling about my claim. Thank you so much.

Feb 16, 2020

Hello Eugene Tuberman, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

GalanisP

February 12th, 2020 Denver, CO DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I woke up on a cold night . Noticed my water heater having problems. I called global home protection. The claims rep answered my questions and quickly sent a tech. The problem was resolved that week thanks.

Feb 16, 2020

Hello Galanis P, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

Gloria J

January 30th, 2020 Buffalo, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They were just so fantastic!!! I rang them up them on Monday Morning when my heater received faulty issues. They managed to get a company out same day. The problem was solved quickly. I can’t thank Global Home Protection enough.

Feb 16, 2020

Hello Gloria J, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

GNocera

January 28th, 2020 Parsippany, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My stove burner wasn't working properly for a few days. I called Global Home Protection to put in a claim. They have a tech out within a day . The tech answered my questions and was able to locate a new part. Thanks Global Home Protection.

Feb 03, 2020

Hello Giuseppe, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

jaxgarrett85

January 28th, 2020 Los Angeles, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

We recently had sewage backing into our house and slow drains. We called Global Home Protection and they arranged for a plumber to come out that day. Everything was fixed in 2 days. We were so happy to be able to live in a house with clear drains again. Thanks Global Home Protection .

Feb 16, 2020

Hello Jaxgarrett85, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

winstonrobinson1

January 22nd, 2020 Charlotte, NC DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Global Home Protection is a good home warranty. They took care of my heater . It was a few days before the first frost of the season. I called them up and the problem was taken care that week. Thanks GHP.

Jan 22, 2020

Hello Winston, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Aleksey G

January 14th, 2020 Henderson, NV DETAILS arrow_drop_down

They are the best. Their technicians were able to explain what was wrong with my ac. They helped me with my ac on the first day of coverage. Thank you Global Home Protection.

Jan 14, 2020

Hello Aleksey, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

Jean Blessit

January 14th, 2020 Phoenix, AZ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I couldn't be happier with my service. It was 100 degrees in Phoenix. I called 6am pst and within 3 hours there was a tech outside my house fixing my ac. Got to spend the rest of the day in a ice cold home . Thx so much.

Jan 16, 2020

Hello Jean, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

James Giordano

January 14th, 2020 Beverly Hills, CA DETAILS arrow_drop_down

No hassle just call or email and I have a technician at my home to fix the problem. They helped me replace my refrigerator .

Jan 16, 2020

Hello James, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service!

Esther Sasson

January 10th, 2020 Miami Beach, FL DETAILS arrow_drop_down

I have been a customer with Global Home Protection for a few months. It is worth every penny. They had a tech in my home the same day and fixed my leaking dishwasher.

Jan 10, 2020

Hello Esther, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Greg Cohen

January 10th, 2020 Great Neck, NY DETAILS arrow_drop_down

Great customer service and professional service technicians.

Jan 10, 2020

Hello Greg, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Robert Grant

January 10th, 2020 Camden, NJ DETAILS arrow_drop_down

The ceiling was leaking . It leaked into my son's bedroom . I called GHP early that day and within less than 2 hours we got in touch with a tech who came out to fix the problem.

Jan 10, 2020

Hello Robert, Thank you for choosing Global Home Protection, We strive to make your life easier and we are glad to be of service. Global Home Protection is here for you and your family!

Ophelia Moyer

January 8th, 2020 Dallas, TX DETAILS arrow_drop_down

My first experience with a home warranty company. I am impressed with the coverage and service.

Jan 08, 2020

Thank you Ophelia. We are here to serve all our customers with the best of our abilities.