Oscar

7.2

Ellen Lakewood, OH

The app is very easy to use. The docs on call have all be very helpful the handful of times that I have requested a call.

Hope Lakewood, OH

This is the easiest health insurance I have had had. The help and customer support people are genuinely helpful and kind.

robyn locricchio Islip Terrace, NY

When ever I call the help desk immediately comes up with a solution to my problem. My only complaint is the monthly cost to maintain my policy and the deductible is so high

Jack Earnhart New York, NY

Have had a great experience for my business. My employees love the free telemedicine option. My Oscar representative has been a huge help.

Jon New York, NY

No question the best experience I’ve ever had with health insurance. Easy to understand, and very helpful customer service!

Reply from Oscar

Thanks for the love, Jon! Don't hesitate to reach out if there's ever anything we can do to help.

Oct. 1st, 2018

Michelle Tornch New York, NY

This insurance sucks, very limited network coverage, and very poor customer support. High premiums, high deductibles, and low acceptance, business model based on greed to make as much money for private equity companies and other investors. NOT focused on consumer health or wellness. Prepare yourself for declined claims, doctors who have never heard nor accept of this crap, and being stuck with huge bills and premiums. Really sad

Sean P Pabbruwee Huntington Beach, CA

It is aweful. Don't use this insurance, they will cover nothing and fight you on everything. They will tell you your covered if you ask then refuse to pay once you submit a claim. I went for a flu shot and the doctor that Oscar recommend and said was in network had never heard of Oscar, would not take my insurance and told me I had been scammed. Instead of reimbursement, Oscar told me I had to go back to the doc and tell them Oscar was a real insurance. What kind of rip off are they running?

Reply from Oscar

Hi Sean, we’re sorry to hear you’re frustrated and would like to help resolve any issues you’re having. Know that if you’ve signed up for a high-deductible plan, preventive services are covered in full, but any non-preventive services will be subject to the deductible. This means that you'll be responsible for the full negotiated rate of those services up until the amount of your deductible is met. Due to privacy laws we can’t discuss anything regarding your claims here. However, we’ve sent your feedback to our team and understand they’ve addressed the claim issue with you. If you’d like further assistance please give us a call at 855-OSCAR-55.

Jul. 19th, 2018

jENN Westbury, NY

Horrible customer service, every representative tells you different information. Worst experience with a health insurance company in my life. Premium for me and my husband because he lost his job is $1132.06 a month. Paid my premium temporary ins card said coverage effective date is 7-1-2018, got to pharmacy was told no coverage three hours after I made my payment on phone with rep. Was told I could get reimbursement for paying $58 for a med that usually costs me $5.00. Now told they don't cover med. If you need health insurance RUN FOR THE HILLS.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Jenn – we’re sorry to hear you’re not happy with the experience. Because of privacy concerns we’re not able to comment on any specifics regarding prescriptions or your coverage here. However we understand you’ve connected with a supervisor on our team to further address the issue. Our team is always here to help for any questions you might have. You can reach us any time by calling 855-OSCAR-55 or by sending us a secure message from your account or the app.

Jul. 13th, 2018

Shawn Ordoyne Austin, TX

This is a scam. Stay away. Oscar SUCKS. First, they only have O.D., Nurse practitioners and P.A.s that you can see. Forget about seeing an M.D. Second, if you see an M.D. by some miracle, you will pay $120 for a "free" primary care physician because of some B.S. medical coding scheme and it will be charged under your deductible. These people are crooks.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Shawn, we’re sorry to hear you’re frustrated and have had difficulty finding a doctor. Due to privacy laws we can’t discuss anything regarding your claims or private health info here. However we’ve sent this feedback to our team and understand they have been in touch with you to further address the issue. Our full network of providers is searchable on our site at , but we're also always happy to help you find providers that meet your needs. You can always reach your Concierge team by giving us a call at 855-OSCAR-55.

Jul. 13th, 2018

Paul G Van Nuys, CA

3 free primary care visits, except, they aren't free! Oscar claims you get up to 3 free visits with a primary care doctor per year. except once you make the first visit, you will get the pleasant surprise of a nice sized bill from your primary doctor's office. so now you're paying $220/month for nothing, thanks Oscar. Can't wait until Obama care gets overturned by our new President. This is such a scam. I'm paying well over $2k year for nothing.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Paul, we're sorry to hear you feel this way. Due to privacy laws we're unable to discuss the specifics of your private health info here, but please be aware that if your plan includes 3 primary care visits, those office visits will be covered in full with an in-network primary care doctor. If the doctor runs any additional tests or lab work, those services will be subject to the cost-sharing of your plan. Give us a call at 855-OSCAR-55 and we'll be happy to look into this further for you.

May. 15th, 2018

Queen kay Los Angeles, CA

Not happy nor satisfied with Oscar Insurance. I have hospital bills in my name and they won’t pay these billing companies. Nothing is really covered so just keep In mind , everything has a copay . That’s basically like false advertising. In California there’s no cooperate office or any available supervisors to help address issues. Been waiting for my problems to be resolved but nothing yet . Please fix these problems or else you will lose all your customers because this is my last year with you guys!

Reply from Oscar

Hi Queen, we're sorry to hear this. Due to privacy laws we're unable to discuss your private health info/claims here, but give us a call at 855-OSCAR-55 and we'll be happy to look into this further. Please also keep in mind that if you're on a high-deductible plan, with the exception of preventive care that is covered in full, any services will be subject to your deductible. This means that you'll be responsible for the full rate of non-preventive services up until the amount of your deductible. We're always here to help you understand the benefits of your plan and the way the cost-share structure works, please don't hesitate to get in touch with any questions or concerns.

Apr. 11th, 2018

Stephen Smart Austin, TX

I cancelled my coverage on Feb 28th, and Oscar verified that the coverage was cancelled. However, I found out it was not cancelled, and two months later am still receiving bills. Now they have no record of the cancellation, and are just saying it was a cancellation of the auto-pay. It is really an awful company to do business with. I'm still trying to get the situation resolved, but each time I call, no one seems to be able to help.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Stephen, we're sorry for the confusion. When you called and spoke to us on 2/28, we turned off your automatic payments and Lynn, the representative you spoke with, advised that the cancellation would need to be made through the Federally Facilitated Marketplace (FFM) because you enrolled through . Unfortunately we're not able to cancel enrollments from the state marketplace which is why the cancellation has to be done directly through them. That being said, because your automatic payments were turned off when you called, your policy is currently in a grace period and will be automatically cancelled after 3/31 due to nonpayment. This means that the end date of the policy will be backdated to 2/28 and you will not be responsible for the March premium payment. Rest assured that the only consequence to the plan being cancelled for nonpayment is the cancellation–we never report to creditors or anything of that nature. Please don't hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns: 855-OSCAR-55.

Mar. 26th, 2018

Rand Shrader San Marcos, TX

A complete disgrace. Most web pages and buttons do not work. I simply wanted to find a listing of local primary care physicians, but such info doesn't seem to be available. I send the "Concierge" a message and got the auto response that they usually respond within a business day. This horrid company receives ~ $600/month for my insurance. What an outrageous joke on the American people!

Reply from Oscar

Hi Rand, we're sorry to hear you're frustrated. Everything on our site appears to be functioning, if you're having any trouble, give us a call at 855-OSCAR-55 and we'll be happy to troubleshoot and get to the bottom of what could be happening. For reference, you can search our full network of providers on our site here: We do our best to reply to secure messages ASAP, but please be advised that the general turnaround time is indeed one business day. If you need to reach us sooner, just give us a call and we'll be happy to help.

Feb. 26th, 2018

B Patel Austin, TX

Absolutely terrible. Their technology doesn't work and their customer service doesn't make up for it. After we signed up, I tried calling their doctor on call service and it would not authenticate me. I called Oscar and after several calls it was an issue with my account in their system. I ended up just going in to a local doctor. A month later, I tried their doctor on call service again and it seems I'm in the same position.

Reply from Oscar

Hi B, we're very sorry to hear this! This certainly isn't the experience we hope to offer our members. Give us a call at 855-OSCAR-55 and we'll be happy to troubleshoot and escalate the issue as needed. We're also able to transfer you over to one of our telemedicine doctors if you'd like. We apologize again for the negative experience.

Feb. 16th, 2018

Allison B Avon, OH

HELP: How Do You Get an Estimate of Health Care Costs? Oscar has Denied Me in Every Attempt. I called Oscar with instructions from my doctor to call my insurance company, and give them billing codes to estimate a long term treatment plan for my son's allergy shots. When I called Oscar, supervisor Sarah B. told me that you cannot estimate cost until AFTER you receive treatment. My physician said the cost could be as much as $8,000! Doesn't a patient have a right to know what they will be billed? AT LEAST AN ESTIMATE! Sarah B. has strongly denied my request for a simple estimate.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Allison, we’re sorry for the frustration. Cost estimates are difficult to provide for two reasons. While we typically know why we're seeking care–perhaps for a general check-up or a specific concern–we don't always know the kind of care we're going to need. Even when we do know the care we're seeking, the treatment is provided as a part of a care episode and may include other supporting services we're not anticipating. For example, if you go to see your provider for a cough, you will expect to pay for the office visit; however, diagnostic tests administered within the visit - such as breathing tests, labs ordered, or prescriptions sent may result in additional charges. Moreover, the charge you incur will vary depending on the setting in which you see a provider as well as that provider's specific credentialing and qualifications. While we are committed to providing cost transparency when and where we can, these factors make cost estimates hard to pin down. Above all, we want to make sure we're providing you an estimate that we can stand by so that you can make a decision with confidence, and we would hate to set any inaccurate expectations. You can be certain that as long as the service is covered and performed with an in-network provider, the cost of the service will never exceed your out-of-pocket maximum for the year. Please don’t hesitate to reach out to us with any questions or concerns: 855-OSCAR-55 or .

Jan. 30th, 2018

Ela San Antonio, TX

I'm so disappointed with Oscar insurance - they have terrible customer service, can't answer simple questions, and lie about coverage... At the beginning of December 2017 I received a written authorization for genetic testing (BRCA1) and it clearly stated that the provider of my choice is participating in Oscar and the test will be covered in full. To my amazement few weeks later the claim was denied on the ground that provider was out-of-network... I called and emailed multiple times but they never answered my question: Why my claim was denied???

Reply from Oscar

Hi Ela, we're sorry to hear this! Due to privacy laws, we're unable to discuss the specifics of your private health info here, but give us a call at 855-OSCAR-55 and we'll be happy to look into this. It's possible that the provider changed their credentialing information without updating with us, which can sometimes cause claims to deny as out of network. If that's the case and the provider is indeed in-network, we'll just need to reach out to them to get their info updated and the claim will be processed accordingly.

Jan. 30th, 2018

SS Helotes, TX

This plan was AWFUL! They covered absolutely nothing but tried to force you to use teledoctors for EVERYTHING or else they wouldn't cover it. Such a waste of money for a young healthy individual. I literally saw thousands of dollars in a year being wasted on this POS insurance company that spends a majority of their dollars on marketing, web design and advertising. No real substance to this plan.....stay FAR FAR away! Also super difficult and tedious to cancel with them.

Kristen Bacorn

Oscar has huge deductibles and tons of red tape. They are inefficient and impossible to deal with and cover virtually nothing. Worst of all, they promise member benefits like bonuses for health clubs or exercise, but do EVERYTHING in their power to find excuses, loopholes, exceptions and sometimes, in my experience, outright lies so they can avoid ever giving those benefits. I started out liking them, but they have worked hard to earn my utter contempt.

Melissa Brooklyn, NY

I entered in my zip code wrong on my credit card so they charged me twice, caused my bank to go into overdraft, wouldn't reverse the charge, then cancelled my coverage (even though I had double paid). Customer service wouldn't do anything to help I called and messaged every day for a week. Terrible product, piss poor collections department, no customer service. Really, really, really bad.

Christine

It's a cute marketing layer for a terrible product. You know you're screwed when you have to travel to the outskirts of NYC to get care, only for the front desk to tell you to shell out $200 for a 10 minute exam. $485 a month for a plan with a $7,000+ deductible? Please. I don't care if the design is on Dribbble, or the registration process is seamless, I don't ever want to use Oscar again. And yeah, the phone-a-doctor feature comes in handy when you realize it'll cost half an unemployment check for a doctor to "prescribe" Sudafed. Bye Felicia Oscar, hello Aetna PPO ✌?

Dana K.

I love the personal and dedicated customer service and advice I get from my concierge. The app is also super easy to use!

Thursday Farrar

Since Oscar narrowed it's service in NYC and dropped out of the New York Insurance Market Place I had to leave Oscar immediately in 2017. I liked the customer service I received but none of the medical centers, hospitals and doctors keep Oscar as a viable insurer. Oscar's answer was to open a clinic in Brooklyn. Seriously. Not an option for me. I'd have to start all over again with a new doctor. Not to mention that more than six months later I am receiving bills for copays that Oscar won't cover. Glad I'm done with them.

K New York, NY

Oscar is hands down the absolute worst Health Insurance company I have ever had in my life. They lost the same claim I had to repeatedly send to them on 3 different occasions. I honestly believe their claims department does not even exist. I believe this company to be a total scam. The only time you hear from them is when they want their monthly bill. After you pay them your monthly premium they disappear. Seriously this company is a scam and a front and should be investigated for fraud.

Cristina Grever McAllen Parker, CO

Absolute worst insurance company! If youi live in Texas and considering Oscar, DON'T!!!! I have never felt the need to write a review about anything until now. Too much to complain about. Bottom line…cheap monthly premiums = bad health insurance. There is a reason why very few health care providers in San Antonio, Tx are not contracted with Oscar and refuse to accept their services.

David Chirls Brooklyn, NY

I have sent personally and had my doctors send claims to Oscar for 7 months now and multiple times per claim. Each and every time, Oscar "loses" the information. I'm not even asking for money, just an Explanation of Benefits that they are required by law to provide me. At first I thought it was simple incompetence, but it's clear that they are intentionally not processing the information. I've had to refer the matter to the Attorney General.

Gloria Ramirez Elizabeth, NJ

Card never received (call twice asking for it) Got message on their website saying plan was cancelled then a new message saying it was an error (miss communication) Now they want me to pay for the months I didn't have a card after cancelling my plan! never used it, never will use Oscar again. Worst customer service I ever seen as well. Rude and inattentive.

Jessie Richardson Brooklyn, NY

Total slime, this insurance company. Does not have it together at all. Runs about 100 dollars more a month than most comparable insurance but with a deductible nearly twice as high. Canceled my insurance without notifying me due to a payment that was just a few hours late but still accepted my payment. They said they are refunding me for the payment but still haven't seen it. Will be hiring a lawyer.

cynthia Los Angeles, CA

I signed up with Oscar because of the providers in their network. However, when I tried to access the pediatricians in their network half of them (about 40 doctors) would not take Oscar. It has been over a month and Oscar has not resolved the issue. When I call, they say they are waiting to hear back from the clinic the doctors work from. But it has been over a month and each time I call, the representative doesn't understand the issue.

michael Los Angeles, CA

I called 5 docs listed on their site and none could see me for weeks if not months. I used a different UCLA doc assuming UCLA docs all accepted Oscar. Apparently not. Stuck with a $1000 bill now. Will be switching plans in the open enrollment window. Oscar is worthless.

Josh Merrill Chino, CA

I like nothing about Oscar health. They have sent me to closed clinics, no specialists take them, most urgent care centers don't that all their phone numbers are disconnected. Terrible

Reply from Oscar

We are sorry to hear that you are frustrated and our team would like to learn more about what may have occurred. Please check your inbox for a followup message so that we may look into this for you.

Feb. 15th, 2022

ShopAtRyannes Tampa, FL

I had two screenings done ; a mammogram and a bone density test as my Dr suggested. Both are on my Oscar plan as $0. So Oscar paid for the test but charged me for the radiologist to read the test. So these common preventative tests all women over 60 get cost me $125 . I have never paid a cent for these until I got Oscar insurance this year.

Reply from Oscar

Hi, can you please confirm your name and Oscar ID so that we may route this internally for assistance?

Nov. 23rd, 2022

Scott K Lake Zurich, IL

Worst commercial I've ever seen where the black man indicates doctors don't believe an injured black child or adult because the color of their skin. I cannot believe you made a commercial about your services while tying in race. How low and desperate do you have to be?

Reply from Oscar

Hi, Scott, there are barriers in our healthcare system that have created health inequity in many communities. One of these barriers has to do with how some Black patients are perceived by their doctors when they present with pain-related symptoms. In a recent study, 40% of first- and second-year medical students endorsed the belief that “Black people’s skin is thicker than white people’s.” Trainees who believed that black people are not as sensitive to pain as white people were less likely to treat Black people’s pain appropriately. Research also shows that health outcomes for minority patients are better when they are treated by providers who understand their race, culture, and religious preferences. In fact, the data states that when provided care that is culturally competent, individuals are 40% more likely to use needed health services, 22% less likely to delay seeking care, and there’s a 50% reduction in newborn mortality. Annals of Family Medicine has a peer-reviewed paper that digs deeper into some of this data.

Nov. 15th, 2021

jabc chubg Queens, NY

He are the worst insurance you can get. They made everything extremely hard to access. Their concierge team is unbelievably bad. They provide uncertain answers to just get over with you. I had a concierge women named Eva who refused to call my doctor and do explanation and when I asked to talk to another person she hanged up on me.

Nov. 12th, 2021

Sally P Liberty, MO

They have no clue what they are doing processing claims. I have now waited 7 months to have a claim paid to the hospital. Oscar can't tell my why it is still in pending status. Can't talk to anyone who nows. hospital can not refund my over payment because Oscar won't tell them I have paid my max out of pocket for the year.

Reply from Oscar

Hi there, we're sorry to hear about your recent experience with us. Please check your inbox for a message from our team.

Sep. 21st, 2021

Anon Such CA

I paid close to $200 monthly, got into an accident, and they literally took off $1.00 off my $5000 bill! High deductible - I might as well not have had insurance and save myself the monthly payment since I covered the whole bill anyway. Terribly slow processing. Claims came in 15 months after the incident. Just awful.

Reply from Oscar

Hi there, we apologize for this experience. Please check your DMs for a message from one of our team members.

Sep. 14th, 2021

sapphiresky83 St. Cloud, FL

Haven’t really had to use my insurance yet, but so far you have been great. Would like to see the ability to change email/contact info in the app or on the website.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your kind words! We'll make sure our team gets your feedback about updating contact information.

Sep. 6th, 2021

Lisa Schwartz Mason City, IA

Love Oscar as they are great insurance. When you call they are considerate & help you resovle the issue..

Reply from Oscar

We're always here to help, Lisa!

Gregory Berlanga Houston, TX

As long as I have been with Oscar they have been very helpful and supportive and my needs as a customer

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for the kind words, Gregory!

All Things Film Santa Monica, CA

Very easy and friendly processing of my claims and a clear and straight forward navigation on the Oscar website.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your comment!

payal patel Orlando, FL

Customer service is always great! In network referral partners are plenty to choose from in my area

Reply from Oscar

Happy to hear you're enjoying your experience, Payal!

Patricia Anderson Placentia, CA

Loving the personalized care team that's easy to contact, and stays with you till any issue is solved

Reply from Oscar

This is great to hear, Patricia! Please reach out if you ever have any questions.

Aug. 6th, 2021

Marla Horsman Los Angeles, CA

I AM IN A LIFE THREATENING SITUATION. RECENTLY RELEASED FROM ICU WITH THE AGREEMENT TO SEE DR IN ONE WEEK. OSCAR HAS GIVEN ME OVER A 6 MONTH WAIT TO GET A BASIC APPOINTMENT I WON'T MAKE IT. ONLY GET THIS JOKE OF A BUSINESS TO COVER YOU IF YOU WANT TO DIE SOONER THAN LATER...AND PAY FOR IT.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Marla, we apologize for this experience. Please check your DMs for a message from one of our team members.

Jul. 13th, 2021

Karen Luster Gallatin, TN

My issue is that I can't rely on the EOB's. They will tell me I owe nothing, but the provider will then tell me they're out of network. Customer service has never given a reasonable explanation for the disconnect; they'd only agree with the provider.

Reply from Oscar

Hi Karen, thank you for bringing this to our attention. Our team would like to learn a bit more about this issue and will follow up with you over DM!

Mar. 16th, 2021

Kaili Baines ,

Oscar has GREAT customer service! They are friendly and quick to help! I just wish there were more options for providers in my area.

Reply from Oscar

Thank you, Kaili! Our team would be more than happy to help you locate a provider in your area. Feel free to send us a DM to get started!

Jan. 28th, 2021

Lisa Guy Chardon, OH

I have not had Oscar for too long but the process of signing up was seamless. Anytime I had a question I always had a quick response!

Reply from Oscar

We're so happy to have you as part of the Oscar family, Lisa!

Jan. 28th, 2021

Claudia Miami, FL

Have good list of Doctors. What i don't like is: Hospitals choices aren't good. It should include at least one that have a 5 star rating

Reply from Oscar

Thank you for your feedback, Claudia. Our team is consistently evaluating our partnerships with providers and hospitals to ensure our members have access to care in all of our markets. We will make sure your insights are shared with the appropriate teams here at Oscar.

Oct. 23rd, 2020

Michael Main San Antonio, TX

I find this insurance is readily accepted. They do a great job with telemedicine. I have found them to be responsive

Reply from Oscar

Hi Michael, thank you for the kind words!

Aug. 25th, 2020

V P Sangani Austin, TX

Optimum use of fund to receive good health care facilities of Hospitals and laboratories. Mobile App is easy to find healthcare details.

Reply from Oscar

We're glad to hear that you're enjoying your Oscar experience! Please let us know if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help.

May. 22nd, 2020

John Menzel Neptune City, NJ

I am fairly new to the company. The premiums are better than most. But I have not been able to take advantage of wellness services for various reasons, including Covid-19.

Reply from Oscar

Hi John, thank you for your insights. Our team would be more than happy to help provide resources and support during this time. We recommend reaching out to your Concierge team via your web profile, the Oscar app, or by calling 855-672-2755.

May. 27th, 2020

Patricia Mundaca Orlando, FL

Thanks Oscar's team who helped me for my surgery and special Viridiana who was my angel. Patricia Ruiz

Reply from Oscar

We're always happy to help, Patricia! Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need anything.

May. 22nd, 2020